Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anderson and Andy Cohen Bomb on CNN New Years Eve

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600January 6, 2018 12:08 AM

Part 1 is here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 1, 2018 4:33 AM

Kathy must be laughing her ass off tonight.

by Anonymousreply 2January 1, 2018 4:33 AM

They look like two Priests on their night off.

by Anonymousreply 3January 1, 2018 4:34 AM

"Not everyone was impressed with Andy Cohen's CNN New Year's Eve stint" Is How Twitter Trending described it.

When Trending Twitter gives a comment on why you are trending, you are done for. Ooooh, I hope that flaming fruitloop of a lush disappears off the face of the earth.

by Anonymousreply 4January 1, 2018 4:34 AM

Kathy, reading Twitter comments about now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 1, 2018 4:35 AM

Kathy wins!

by Anonymousreply 6January 1, 2018 4:37 AM

Don Lemon is now shuckin' and jiiivin' live from New Orleans. Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 7January 1, 2018 4:38 AM

I hate to agree but I kinda do. I hated that Andy kept asking AC, "are you mad at me?" like a bitch.

I am watching Don second lining and Irma Thomasing with his white napkin and I LOVE it! I am a New Orleans native, and that sure takes me back home.

by Anonymousreply 8January 1, 2018 4:39 AM

R7 FUCK YOU Second lining is a black invention and a NO tradition, and Irma Thomas, a Black chanteuse started the waving the napkin thing at her shows and concerts.

This is a great NO tradition. It is not cooning, shucking or jiving.

by Anonymousreply 9January 1, 2018 4:41 AM

plum shitty without that madcap dame Kathy G !!

by Anonymousreply 10January 1, 2018 4:43 AM

be super kool if they invited Kathy back next year....

would reap great ratings.

by Anonymousreply 11January 1, 2018 4:45 AM

Ooo Don was with the new BF on NYE last year? I thought that's when Don was drunk and crying about being alone or some messy thing. Anyway, would it be better if he was in Times Square? It strips a lot of fun out of whatever he's able to get to do.

by Anonymousreply 12January 1, 2018 4:46 AM

I can’t help it — I like Keith Urban

by Anonymousreply 13January 1, 2018 4:47 AM

I don't think Kathy and Anderson are friends anymore. They'd have to make it Kathy & Don Lemon or Kathy & Jake Tapper hosting. Say what you want about Kathy but she comes prepared and also does improv very well. Andy did neither.

by Anonymousreply 14January 1, 2018 4:47 AM

Not to derail from the Anderson/Andy thing but r9 is right about the second line. When Fats Domino died earlier this year the second line stretched for blocks. They happen for funerals, weddings and all sorts of occasions.

It is a cultural tradition that began more than a century ago in the black community and is embraced by people of all races, incomes, social stature, etc. Don wasn't "shucking."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 1, 2018 4:48 AM

even lemon be better co host with anderson than the pooped out cohen.

hell kathy and lemon would be off da charts !!

by Anonymousreply 16January 1, 2018 4:48 AM

no not Jake Tapper. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 17January 1, 2018 4:49 AM

It was a black hole sucking anything away that was remotely funny or entertaining. It really showed how these two lack charisma. Kathy was the one who supplied the mojo. It's about time someone at CNN smartened up about that.

by Anonymousreply 18January 1, 2018 4:50 AM

Sandra Bernhard and Anderson Cooper!

by Anonymousreply 19January 1, 2018 4:51 AM

Should be Bianca del Rio and A.C. next year

by Anonymousreply 20January 1, 2018 4:51 AM

Sarah Silverman

by Anonymousreply 21January 1, 2018 4:51 AM

So did MOOriah bomb again?

by Anonymousreply 22January 1, 2018 4:52 AM

[quote]This will be Andy's Neil Patrick Harris-hosting-the-Oscars moment.

Oh no, this was much, much lower. You seen NPH on Instagram lately? Hotter than fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 1, 2018 4:53 AM

They both need to react to someone more fun - both of them together was boring

by Anonymousreply 24January 1, 2018 4:53 AM

Mariah is back to being a skinny legend.

by Anonymousreply 25January 1, 2018 4:54 AM

No. Anderson. Cooper. No one likes him. He's a drip. He exists because executives think it's prestigious that he is a Vanderbilt.

by Anonymousreply 26January 1, 2018 4:54 AM

There are at least a dozen wrinkles in that thumbnail and he seems to be missing half of his eyebrows, R23.

by Anonymousreply 27January 1, 2018 4:55 AM

Anderson is finished

by Anonymousreply 28January 1, 2018 4:55 AM

r23, jesus christ, he looks ancient.

by Anonymousreply 29January 1, 2018 4:56 AM

Like watching bleached mayonnaise slowly go rancid?

by Anonymousreply 30January 1, 2018 4:56 AM

Of course, I didn't watch but I'm sure it was everything everyone expected - completely dull. Kathy made that show worth watching, not Anderson or anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 31January 1, 2018 4:56 AM

Don is beckoning his lover.....!

by Anonymousreply 32January 1, 2018 4:57 AM

Don: “I found Love this year!”

Awww!

by Anonymousreply 33January 1, 2018 4:58 AM

Wendy Williams and Don Lemon

by Anonymousreply 34January 1, 2018 4:58 AM

Lemon is like a 16-year old in love.

by Anonymousreply 35January 1, 2018 4:59 AM

Lemon is gay?

by Anonymousreply 36January 1, 2018 5:00 AM

It just turned midnight in NO and Don Lemon started singing Auld Lang Syne. Will he end with How Dry I Am?

by Anonymousreply 37January 1, 2018 5:03 AM

Don Lemon? Notorious pussy hound. Big Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 38January 1, 2018 5:03 AM

god yes to the hell yea BIANCA DEL RIO

and miss lemon!

anderson is boring n sober ick

by Anonymousreply 39January 1, 2018 5:04 AM

R36 No way!

by Anonymousreply 40January 1, 2018 5:04 AM

I'd rather Jasmine Masters and Don (if Wendy can't do it)

by Anonymousreply 41January 1, 2018 5:05 AM

Ya know what? I have always loved Don. But after reading his Instagram for the past few months I admire him more than ever. He is a beautiful man, and he is the target of so much derision for being gay it's ridiculous. I had no idea that people were that cruel in this day and time. Yet he does not block them. He shows no fear or insecurities.

I saw the gorgeous but not over the top house he purchased in Sag Harbor, and it was always filled with family and love. I don't mean to sound so Mary, but he is getting what he deserves. He loves his man and he is loved by many more than those who hate him.

He has a charmed life now and damn it, he has earned it.

by Anonymousreply 42January 1, 2018 5:05 AM

WTF is up with this Housewives bullshit???

by Anonymousreply 43January 1, 2018 5:06 AM

Don’s bf looks a bit like Cheyenne Jackson.

It was nice to see them kiss.

by Anonymousreply 44January 1, 2018 5:06 AM

dang lemons lover aint bad....

HELL FIRE ANDERSON HE A SNORE BORE

by Anonymousreply 45January 1, 2018 5:06 AM

Don and Brooke were awesome. They should host the main show in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 46January 1, 2018 5:06 AM

I predict a marriage within two years.

by Anonymousreply 47January 1, 2018 5:07 AM

Ooo don's BF is on.

R43 - what time zone are you in? They're replaying that mess now? eek.

by Anonymousreply 48January 1, 2018 5:07 AM

Housewives yay!!!

by Anonymousreply 49January 1, 2018 5:07 AM

I just want Don to be able to live openly and with pride for who he is. And he is a beautiful man. Watching Anderson is like being in detention. He is the Church Lady. Andy Cohen was brought in to warm him up but it didn't work. Next!

by Anonymousreply 50January 1, 2018 5:08 AM

Anderson has hosted the CNN NYE special since 2002. When they first got him to do it he was 35 and appealed to younger viewers--but now he's 50. He has no appeal to younger viewers now--he's the Establishment.

by Anonymousreply 51January 1, 2018 5:09 AM

Aren't all the Housewives shows struggling in ratings now, even Atlanta? what kind of audience were they trying to pander to?

by Anonymousreply 52January 1, 2018 5:10 AM

Cooper loves Olive Garden.

by Anonymousreply 53January 1, 2018 5:10 AM

When he first did it with Kathy he was still in the closet so it was funnier

by Anonymousreply 54January 1, 2018 5:11 AM

I thought Cooper looked weird, too.

by Anonymousreply 55January 1, 2018 5:11 AM

You know why don gets hate not cause he's gay but because he only dates whites!

by Anonymousreply 56January 1, 2018 5:11 AM

Mariah is still a fat cow

by Anonymousreply 57January 1, 2018 5:12 AM

R55 I suggest that you read his Instagram comments.

by Anonymousreply 58January 1, 2018 5:13 AM

R47 and a divorce in 2 1/2.

by Anonymousreply 59January 1, 2018 5:14 AM

Anderson looked a tad feminine tonight. Has he done something to his face or is it just age?

by Anonymousreply 60January 1, 2018 5:16 AM

R59 Hater.

by Anonymousreply 61January 1, 2018 5:17 AM

The CNN NYE coverage used to be stuffy CNN with Kathy thrown in to be wacky. Now that they fired Kathy, CNN is trying to manufacture the wacky and it doesn't work. They need to throw the whole concept out and start over or get Kathy back to put everyone back on edge. Although Bill Weir was pleasant to watch....

by Anonymousreply 62January 1, 2018 5:18 AM

R60 it’s the AIDS

by Anonymousreply 63January 1, 2018 5:19 AM

There is no comparison between Don and Anderson. I love how Don is unafraid of bashing Trump. The only time I didn’t like him is when seemed upset that Rump hurt his feelings.

by Anonymousreply 64January 1, 2018 5:20 AM

CNN would never take Kathy back. I'm not even sure Kathy can get back on TV at all.

by Anonymousreply 65January 1, 2018 5:21 AM

Jimmy Kimmel‏ @jimmykimmel

Andy Cohen & @andersoncooper just moments ago...

12:13 AM - 1 Jan 2018

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 1, 2018 5:22 AM

andy pluggin his dam housewife shows

beyond sickening.

by Anonymousreply 67January 1, 2018 5:22 AM

Oh dear. And Jimmy K is not one to be mean either.

It makes Don look all the better.

by Anonymousreply 68January 1, 2018 5:23 AM

Cohen was reading out something about "Kendall Jenner" who cares? It was so boring. Couldn't they ad-lib something? I guess not.

by Anonymousreply 69January 1, 2018 5:24 AM

don was hella more fun than A and A

what the hell was wrong with those two

was so looking forward too their pairing

huge disappointment

by Anonymousreply 70January 1, 2018 5:25 AM

I wish they'd both of done a strip tease

by Anonymousreply 71January 1, 2018 5:25 AM

I think it is just age, R60. Anderson's instagram also shows that he still thinks he looks like he did in his 30s. The left is his profile pic, and the right is a pic from today. Grindr guys usually go with more realistic profile pics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 1, 2018 5:25 AM

Cohen is high as a kite

by Anonymousreply 73January 1, 2018 5:27 AM

My god. I forgot how he used to look in the days of his reality show The Mole.

He really has gone down hill.

by Anonymousreply 74January 1, 2018 5:27 AM

Jimmy K's tweet is funny.

But the commenters under his tweet are wrong to say she lost the gig because of Trump. It would have been a temporary loss but Kathy made the situation much worse with other actions so she lost the gig permanently. It's weird how people forget everything she did and only remember her holding up the severed head. It's like it doesn't fit into their narrative so they just block it out.

by Anonymousreply 75January 1, 2018 5:28 AM

There was one point where Andy was getting a little sappy with Anderson, telling him what a great friend he was, blah, blah, blah.

Then he goes to hug Cooper. Not super smoochy either, just an arm around the shoulder "bro hug" -- you could easily see two straight guys doing it.

And Cooper freezes like he's been given an electric shock and says something like "you know I don't like to be touched" and (literally) pushes Cohen away with a look like Cohen had just tried to ram his tongue down Cooper's throat.

I'm sure there will be clips tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 76January 1, 2018 5:29 AM

These guys are so sexy 😘

by Anonymousreply 77January 1, 2018 5:30 AM

Jesus loosen up Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 78January 1, 2018 5:31 AM

In the real world, they both would have been fired after that

by Anonymousreply 79January 1, 2018 5:31 AM

That was probably the 1 and only time I laughed r76 (but at them, not with them).... how could they be "friends" all this time and Cohen not know that? I feel like there were times when Cohen was trying to do Kathy Griffin shtick but he couldn't pull it off in the slightest. Anderson was unwaveringly his dull self, though. He didn't attempt to compensate for the loss of Kathy.

by Anonymousreply 80January 1, 2018 5:32 AM

I agree. If it had been Gronk and Julian Edelman there could have been a light peck no problem.

by Anonymousreply 81January 1, 2018 5:32 AM

Don Lemon and his man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 1, 2018 5:34 AM

For those of you who missed the hug at R76, it was a one armed squeeze the shoulder while standing side-by-side hug, not even a facing each other hug.

by Anonymousreply 83January 1, 2018 5:35 AM

Hopefully this will be the last of the Andys on NYE. This is embarrassing and pathetic.

Anderson's choice obviously- I'll bet he catches hell.

by Anonymousreply 84January 1, 2018 5:35 AM

HE SHOULD.

by Anonymousreply 85January 1, 2018 5:38 AM

Anderson came across even more unlikable and loathsome than Andy.

by Anonymousreply 86January 1, 2018 5:39 AM

They're terrible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 1, 2018 5:40 AM

yes, he did

by Anonymousreply 88January 1, 2018 5:40 AM

What was funny though was people kept tweeting how bad it was by pointing out some particular thing Andy said or did--which of course meant they were watching it -for over 3 hours. They sounded like Trump who complained about fake CNN news but knows exactly what the fake news said about him because he was still watching it.

All the people wanting Kathy back--it will never happen. She burned too many bridges on that one.

CNN NYE was really crazy though with that Colorado pot bus and the whole puff and paint segment.

by Anonymousreply 89January 1, 2018 5:47 AM

That was adorable when Brooke's fiancé sat right next to Don, and his beloved had to sit next to Brooke.

I like the natural comedy of that. It shows no nervousness or hypersensitivity about the gay/straight dynamic.

by Anonymousreply 90January 1, 2018 5:48 AM

Kathy was a total waste on this show since 2013. Get rid of both Andys and promote Don to full time.

by Anonymousreply 91January 1, 2018 5:52 AM

Yes!! DL loves Don!!

I say that we all send a text message or email to CNN voicing our support.

by Anonymousreply 92January 1, 2018 5:54 AM

Get Kathy back. She may be nutty and cross lines, but that nervous energy and fear she would go too far was what made this show fun.

by Anonymousreply 93January 1, 2018 5:57 AM

Andy Cohen needs to disappear from the media.

by Anonymousreply 94January 1, 2018 6:01 AM

Andy Cohen appeared to be trying - at least (though clueless that his audience were not Bravo fans or vapid queens) - whereas Cooper was all "don't touch me - I'm on CNN - I grew up in New York" - and managed to be even less appealing.

by Anonymousreply 95January 1, 2018 6:03 AM

i think it was too cold, their brains froze!

by Anonymousreply 96January 1, 2018 6:30 AM

no i hate kathy, she can fuck off forever.

by Anonymousreply 97January 1, 2018 6:31 AM

how much was mariah carey paid for this? yes, she's still fat but she lost a lot of weight from surgery(weight loss, not sure which kind)

by Anonymousreply 98January 1, 2018 6:32 AM

R56 Can you blame him? He can afford to date whoever he wants.

by Anonymousreply 99January 1, 2018 6:33 AM

I'm SO pissed that CNN kinda cut Don's time. Their show was supposed to start at 12:30 but they started at 12:31 because Richard Quest wouldn't shut up when Andy and Anderson were signing off for the night. THEN CNN through in a 5 minute solid block of boring Keith Urban performing songs of guys who died this year. So really we only saw Don & Brooke for about 15 minutes since there were commercials. I'm not sure why CNN kept Anderson & Andy on past the NYC ball drop at midnight. Don & Brooke deserve a full hour. They had a lot of fun in their short time AND DON KISSED HIS BF ON CAMERA!!! Anderson would never do that.

I loved how Don beckoned Tim over and referred to him as both "bae" and "boo" lol it was adorable.

He also sang "I found love on a 2 way street"...originally by The Moments and then covered by Stacy Lattisaw. Don is fucking fun.

I can't believe Brooke and Don said they aren't drunk at all during the NYE show but get bombed after filming is over. Don always seems quite tipsy on the show. He's great though.

by Anonymousreply 100January 1, 2018 6:59 AM

I've loved Don and Brooke's segment for years. Last year when Don drunkenly confessed he's been an asshole and needed to be a better person and find love it was such a raw, human moment. So happy he seems to have found that love. Don is naturally charming, charismatic and relatable. Watching him and Brooke is like hanging out with fun friends. Cohen and Cooper made me sad.

by Anonymousreply 101January 1, 2018 7:00 AM

and to clarify what someone said earlier, Don was single last year at this time. He revealed tonight that Tim happened to be in that NO bar and they met after filming was over. I'm kinda surprised Tim was interested in a drunken and emo Don lol but that's cute they've been seeing each other for a year now. How lucky of Don that the guy he randomly met at a NO bar happens to live in NYC. It's also a good sign that Tim was shy and didn't want to go on camera. We've seen too many love interests love the spotlight more.

by Anonymousreply 102January 1, 2018 7:02 AM

twitter is now in a frenzy because Don kissed his bf. A lot of fraus and deplorables apparently didn't know he was gay before tonight.

by Anonymousreply 103January 1, 2018 7:03 AM

Oh they met in that bar? I was confused... I thought he said he was there during last year's filming.

by Anonymousreply 104January 1, 2018 7:14 AM

by "there" - I thought he meant the bf had come along for the filming - not that they met after it. That was just some random straight bar, right?

by Anonymousreply 105January 1, 2018 7:14 AM

They're bombing? I didn't know!

by Anonymousreply 106January 1, 2018 7:16 AM

Well Don was a bit tipsy when he said it but he and Brooke talked about how he said last year during the NYE show he would be open to dating. Then Don said he saw "this handsome guy" Tim in that same bar. I assume they started talking after filming was over. So it's the 1 year anniversary of when they met in that very bar.

by Anonymousreply 107January 1, 2018 7:18 AM

Cohen: Go back to the Housewives. Cooper: What the hell were you thinking allowing this crap on the air? The two of you sucked beyond words.

The entire evening was unwatchable. So I didn't. Kathy Griffin needs to come back and host with Don Lemon. Sorry, Anderson, you're done. Tonight was a friggin mess.

Kathy, you won the night.

by Anonymousreply 108January 1, 2018 7:21 AM

Anderson reading to close out the show: "Good night to 2017. You were good like a swift kick in the peen."

Really, Anderson? WTF?!

by Anonymousreply 109January 1, 2018 7:23 AM

CNN: Get a fucking NYE show together or don't have one. And that means no Cohen and Cooper. They were dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 110January 1, 2018 7:24 AM

Anderson is pretty embarrassing. He wants to be a serious news anchor, but then he does shit like this with Andy Cohen and Kathy Griffin, not to mention his failed daytime talk show. He's no Cronkite.

by Anonymousreply 111January 1, 2018 7:26 AM

Don finally gave up begging Chris Cuomo for "just a quick taste".

by Anonymousreply 112January 1, 2018 7:29 AM

I like Andy but I don't care for Anderson any more.

by Anonymousreply 113January 1, 2018 7:36 AM

the two mistakes execs make:

indulging a big star in areas outside the star’s expertise, instead of following their executive instincts. (if the stars are in charge, then why again does a company require executives??)

and on the other hand getting too cocky thinking the formula was simply to pair stiff Cooper with any silly, unpredictable fool who’d make him uncomfortable. not understanding it was the chemistry between Kathy and Anderson that’s why the coverage worked is where the execs are out of their depth.

the best execs are the ones who understand they’re better when everyone, including themselves, is in the right lane. and knowing where those boundaries need to be set.

by Anonymousreply 114January 1, 2018 7:36 AM

AC probably has a lot of pull at CNN and the execs probably thought it was a great idea since they are friends and would have "natural chemistry" - plus Andy would bring his millions of "Bravo fans" to CNN... I am sure it made sense in their heads around a conference table - far more than allowing KG to come back.

Now... they'll just say "well it seemed like the right move with the information we had at the time - and look - we got an increase in demo x and demo y for 82 minutes vs. last year" and ignore any other data they don't want to hear.

by Anonymousreply 115January 1, 2018 7:41 AM

I didn't care for Don Lemon--until tonight. He won me over.

by Anonymousreply 116January 1, 2018 8:18 AM

I'd be happy if CNN dumped both the Andys for New Years and Got Don and Kathy to host, even Don and Brooke would be more fun than those two stale crackers.

by Anonymousreply 117January 1, 2018 8:20 AM

For two supposed best friends in real life, Cohen and Cooper had no on-air chemistry, humor and or interesting chit chat and banter between each other. I hope the CNN execs were watching and cringing--and planning never to have these two back again ever.

Regarding Kathy Griffin--and after the year we've been through with the douchebag and fraud Trump, holding up a ketchup soaked head of him wasn't all that bad. Bring Kathy back.

by Anonymousreply 118January 1, 2018 8:33 AM

yes just re-watched, Don said this is the anniversary of meeting and hanging out with Tim at that very bar. No wonder why he loves going back now.

Andy kept throwing subtle jabs at Don by the third and fourth hours lol he was very bitter at how charismatic and at ease Don is on camera. Don has a naturally engaging personality. You could tell Andy planned out all these dumb games and segments based on his WWHL show but NONE OF THEM worked or translated to CNN's NYE show.

by Anonymousreply 119January 1, 2018 8:46 AM

and Don Lemon has officially usurped Anderson as the top personality on CNN. This should really raise his profile because most of his reviews are positive (except for the hating deplorables who still think it's cool to be homophobic). Anderson in contrast really hurt his brand tonight by deciding to throw a bone to his bff Andy. The majority of their reviews are very negative. Reading tweets, fans were begging and wishing that CNN would cut their show and give Don & Brooke more time.

by Anonymousreply 120January 1, 2018 8:48 AM

Don, Brooke and their boos took a pic after filming wrapped. LOL @ Don saying he doesn't get drunk on the show...his eyes look glassy here. They all look happy which is nice to see

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121January 1, 2018 9:00 AM

Any thread on this yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 1, 2018 9:08 AM

Don's boyfriend is hot.

by Anonymousreply 123January 1, 2018 9:17 AM

[quote]Andy kept throwing subtle jabs at Don by the third and fourth hours lol he was very bitter at how charismatic and at ease Don is on camera.

You know Andy was checking Twitter every second he wasn't on camera, and probably a few times when he was.

by Anonymousreply 124January 1, 2018 9:19 AM

"What??? They HATE me? Unpossible! It must be Anderson they hate! Everyone loves meeee! God I wish I'd had more coke tonight"

by Anonymousreply 125January 1, 2018 10:14 AM

The mistake here is thinking that Andy Cohen is any kind of performer. Kathy Griffin is an experienced, trained actress, comedian, writer and producer. She’s a former member of The Groundlings - throw her anything, she knows how to turn it into a scene.

Andy Cohen is none of those things. I’m sure the producers must’ve figured out in rehearsals that this pairing was DOA. Must’ve been a long night for them. CNN clearly doesn’t have writers scripting the segments, any more than they do for hurricane coverage. So they had nothing they could throw Andy who obviously relies heavily on a script.

I don’t think this hurts Cooper’s news brand. But it definitely put a nail in the Andy & Anderson Road Show.

by Anonymousreply 126January 1, 2018 10:23 AM

This is what happens when studio execs think that on-air talent can be replaced easily (aka "a monkey could do his / her job!").

by Anonymousreply 127January 1, 2018 10:42 AM

I imagine Kathy won the war.

by Anonymousreply 128January 1, 2018 10:43 AM

Kathy: I COULD BE AGAIN!

Through glowing gloom, I see the flicker of treason

Dancing on the picture of what might have been

This minute will last a day, these days will last for years

And those years that take ten lifetimes to pass without a reason

To be again

I could be again

To be again

I could be again

Rising up. the notion of rejuvenation

Oh yes, I could be again

I could be again

Rising up, I could be again

Taking form, a complete transformation

Just us, the cameras, and those wonderful people out there in the dark

This minute will last a day, these days will last a year

And those years that take ten lifetimes, I won't let you disappear

To be again

I could be again

To be again

I could be again

In the dark

From such a tiny spark

It's me again

I could be again

I could be again

I could be again

I could be again

It's me again

I could be again

I could be again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129January 1, 2018 11:13 AM

Is there a clip of Don second lining?

by Anonymousreply 130January 1, 2018 11:16 AM

The Trump ketchup head was better than this borefest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131January 1, 2018 11:20 AM

So the GIFs from this disaster are now started appearing and I love this one capturing Quest's reaction to Andy touching him:) He looked like he was ready to punch him....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132January 1, 2018 12:09 PM

Why are we referencing Daily Mail?? That site has lots of homophobic contents!

by Anonymousreply 133January 1, 2018 12:18 PM

I missed it because I was so bored I rewatched an episode of the Crown... how did Andy insult Nicole Kidman? Or was it a non insult that Andy had to milk for something to talk about.

Most.boring.nye.show.evah!

I want my Kathy back next year.

by Anonymousreply 134January 1, 2018 1:06 PM

LOL. I bet at the end Anderson Cooper was ready for a "I don't know her" moment with Andy Cohen. Anderson is the big loser while Andy can at least claim he was on national television and convincing himself that he didn't suck. At least that's what he asking Kelly Ripa to say to him over and over ... if she finds the time to return his calls.

by Anonymousreply 135January 1, 2018 1:07 PM

R134, here it is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136January 1, 2018 1:08 PM

This is what happens when vapid gays rise to the top. Like watching two has been bimbos trying to be funny.

by Anonymousreply 137January 1, 2018 1:09 PM

As much as Andy despises this site, I bet he would be surprised that he is getting slightly better reviews than AC.

by Anonymousreply 138January 1, 2018 1:34 PM

I thought KU & NK seemed completely coked out and bitchy. Yeah, yeah, "sound/mic problems"... whatever.

I don't need Keith's shills saying he's "sober" - he was coked up and drunk last night. And his beard/wife was just as wasted.

Andy's not young: that "applause while not clacking your jewelry together" thing is NOT a Nicole Kidman creation. I'm certain Andy watched 'American Idol' since its inception in 2002 where Paula Abdul was famous for that way of clapping. SNL made fun of her several times for that.

And Barbra was known for decades before for clapping that way.

Aside from that moronic bit from Andy, I thought he was okay last night. However, Kathy Griffin makes for a much better co-host for Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 139January 1, 2018 1:39 PM

BTW, I didn't finish the show, but what are the reviews for Mariah this year? And while changing the channel, I saw Mt. Heterosexuality 2017, Ryan Seacrest, say that Britney was performing several numbers on his show?

Is there a thread for DL reviews?

Was Mariah drunk?

by Anonymousreply 140January 1, 2018 1:44 PM

R138 Who are KU and NK please?

by Anonymousreply 141January 1, 2018 1:47 PM

R140, she was great. But Twitter is only talking about this bit:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142January 1, 2018 1:47 PM

R142 So she botched it again? I swear she's doing this shit on purpose just to get attention.

by Anonymousreply 143January 1, 2018 1:49 PM

KU Keith Urban - and is NK Nicole Kidman?

by Anonymousreply 144January 1, 2018 2:04 PM

She found her tea

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145January 1, 2018 2:05 PM

Embarrassing really. I have a feeling Anderson regrets. Andy Cohen is a relentlessly unattractive person- as are all his televised efforts. I don’t remotely understand his appeal or “taste” as some sort of media entertainer if that is what he is.

by Anonymousreply 146January 1, 2018 2:05 PM

I think at one point near the end, Andy garbled some name or something, and Anderson started hitting him with a piece of paper on the head, saying "See! You're not ready! You're not ready!"

But what's so weird is that Andy was making an effort -- Anderson just stands there and expects his partner in this thing, whether Kathy or Andy, to make it interesting. Cooper is just not funny. I think Wolf Blitzer would do a better job as "straightman" to the one who's supposed to bring the fun.

by Anonymousreply 147January 1, 2018 2:09 PM

I'm sure a long live show is hard, but at least Kathy was funny most of the time. Andy couldn't even manage 15 minutes- and hopefully his 15 minutes are up.

by Anonymousreply 148January 1, 2018 2:10 PM

Next year I want Rosie O'Donnell and Roseanne - handbags at dawn! (well, midnight) They can be Trumpster vs Trump-hater. Along with both of them being quick witted and way out-there and no so uptight like Coop or shallow like Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 149January 1, 2018 2:12 PM

Hell, even Kathy Lee and Hoda would be better. Or Kelly Ripa and anybody - at least those people can sorta think of their feet. Anderson's a humorless prig.

by Anonymousreply 150January 1, 2018 2:14 PM

As I said before, Andy surely begged Anderson for this gig and promised him he's be ready and could handle it. For Andy, this was all about revenge on Kathy Griffen. Andy showed up entirely unprepared and thinking he could wing it, because he thinks he's fabulous and hilarious. I don't blame Anderson for being monumentally pissed at him.

by Anonymousreply 151January 1, 2018 2:15 PM

[quote] Andy's not young: that "applause while not clacking your jewelry together" thing is NOT a Nicole Kidman creation........Paula Abdul 2002.....yada yada

Are you serious? That's a famous line by John Lennon at the Beatles Royal Command Performance in 1963

by Anonymousreply 152January 1, 2018 2:16 PM

"BTW, I didn't finish the show, but what are the reviews for Mariah this year?"

Her tits looked fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 153January 1, 2018 2:17 PM

Andy Cohen had nothing, but Cooper was worse.

by Anonymousreply 154January 1, 2018 2:21 PM

I bet Andy assured Anderson that Anderson could be the "straight one" and Andy would make him giggle all night with some clever, witty and campy punchlines and it will totally work and make everyone forget Kathy and not miss her at all.

It's like Kathy thinking she could step in for Joan Rivers in Fashion Police.

Both thought they have what it takes to do these gigs and jumped into these opportunities without asking themselves if they can really connect with their audience that way and make it fun and effortless?

Test audience, that's what they need, or needed. People who tell them without sugar coating whether they are ready or not.

by Anonymousreply 155January 1, 2018 2:31 PM

Pretty much what R126 said. Kathy wasn't replaced by someone who was as funny or funnier than she is. And I'm not a huge KG fan.

And why single it out, but that lengthy, unfunny interview with Dave Chapelle and John Mayer really killed the countdown to midnight momentum.

by Anonymousreply 156January 1, 2018 2:51 PM

You know, I think some mind blowing progess was made with this NYE event. Some people can admit that two gay guys bomb on national television, because they are just bad at ther job and not because they are gay and make the audience uncomfortable by flaunting their gayness.

by Anonymousreply 157January 1, 2018 2:56 PM

[quote]and not because they are gay and make the audience uncomfortable by flaunting their gayness.

Stop projecting homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 158January 1, 2018 2:59 PM

A & A explaining that boring and waste-of-time "Most Shocking WWHL Moments Of 2017!" part with John Mayer and whatever the 96-hour Katy Perry thing was... THAT was supposed to be interesting? The Patti Lupone bit was far funnier - and Andy's been milking that nonstop since it originally aired.

Anderson: I love Katy Perry.

Andy: I LOVE Katy Perry!

And those "Wish For 2018" from Andy's show... ugh!!!! Who WERE those people?!?! Was Jimmy Fallon drunk? Does Bob Sagat have MS??????

by Anonymousreply 159January 1, 2018 3:07 PM

The U.K. has professional presenters whose job is to know how to host something like a NYE broadcast. The US, on the other hand, puts a third rate reality tv huckster whose forte is getting spangled women to fake-argue with each other on NYE and thinks it will really work out.

I don't know why Andy Cohen is thought to be good at something like that. He's not good at anything.

by Anonymousreply 160January 1, 2018 3:12 PM

[quote]And why single it out, but that lengthy, unfunny interview with Dave Chapelle and John Mayer really killed the countdown to midnight momentum

It was lengthy and unfunny...but that was all they had...that was the "meat" of the show!

by Anonymousreply 161January 1, 2018 3:17 PM

Twitter feedback re: Don Lemon (and the kiss with his bf). The vast majority of responses are positive, the few negatives appear to be from obvious trolls/fake accounts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162January 1, 2018 3:20 PM

Dave Chapelle? They interviewed Dave Chappelle?

by Anonymousreply 163January 1, 2018 3:20 PM

[quote]Stop projecting homophobe.

Look in the mirror and you will see who's projecting what. spoiler alert: It's not me who's projecting.

by Anonymousreply 164January 1, 2018 3:24 PM

Look, they are pretending they will be hilarious and fun

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165January 1, 2018 3:25 PM

Chapelle should have done the whole show - maybe with Sarah Silverman or some other reasonably clever person. God those two were hopeless. Why were Don and that woman the sidekicks when they should have been doing the main show instead of ACx2 - send those losers to NOLA or Key West or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 166January 1, 2018 3:26 PM

Don Lemon was cute in his plaid jacket as well. The real star of the show!

by Anonymousreply 167January 1, 2018 3:26 PM

Dave Chapelle says so much about gays, and gays drop to their knees. Naturally. Gays are assholes. I mean, they are.

by Anonymousreply 168January 1, 2018 3:28 PM

NBC didn’t even have any kind of show. What’s the ratings like for these things? I think you guys are making a big deal out of something that nobody really cares about.

by Anonymousreply 169January 1, 2018 3:29 PM

Cohen is not a comedian. And the award show hosts even when they are comedians have a team of writers. Seemed like they just decided to wing the show. With no prep and no jokes.

And Mayer popped in? Becaude je os Cohens Grateful Dead bud? Did he perform?

by Anonymousreply 170January 1, 2018 3:30 PM

I'm glad that last night was a vindication of Kathy of sorts. Regardless of what you think of the whole photo fiasco and her response, KG brings it in her live performances. You can think she's nasty or that her humor is not your cup of tea, but she knows how to play a crowd. There's a lot of research and practice behind her performances, which make it look effortless, but there is in fact a lot of effort behind it. Last nights lack of planning showed. You can't just swap one friend of Anderson's for another and expect the same results.

by Anonymousreply 171January 1, 2018 3:30 PM

Yes, as displayed by the nearly 800 responses to the two threads alone, r169. Are you new to the DL?

by Anonymousreply 172January 1, 2018 3:30 PM

FOX news was ridiculing Kathy on their New Years Eve show apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173January 1, 2018 3:31 PM

I’m sad Kathy wasn’t there. Maybe she noticed the Dave Chapelle appearance too? I bet. She calls out hypocrisy. Team Kathy.

by Anonymousreply 174January 1, 2018 3:32 PM

Fox News, keeping it classy.

by Anonymousreply 175January 1, 2018 3:37 PM

r173 Fox News, when they try to do funny, feature Andy Cohen's brand of mean-spirited humor, except less amusing and more cruel, if such a thing were possible. Once you go Republican you're forced to turn in your humor chip for bitter vinegar and salt pâté.

by Anonymousreply 176January 1, 2018 3:38 PM

r175, don't you mean KKKlassy?

by Anonymousreply 177January 1, 2018 3:39 PM

Wow, that Fox clip (r173) got very, very cruel at the end. More of a personal attack than an attempt at humor.

by Anonymousreply 178January 1, 2018 3:39 PM

Joy Reid:

Kathy Griffin >>> Andy Cohen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179January 1, 2018 3:40 PM

Has anyone attended one of A&A's traveling chat shows? Was it anything as painful as this was? What do they talk about?

by Anonymousreply 180January 1, 2018 3:41 PM

That's also why I am convinced Andy Cohen votes Republican, despite what he might say. And why there weren't a bunch of Trump jokes during the show tonight.

by Anonymousreply 181January 1, 2018 3:41 PM

Yes, the most obvious thing would have been Trump jokes, and there were none.

by Anonymousreply 182January 1, 2018 3:44 PM

Another amusing list of Twitter feedback

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183January 1, 2018 3:44 PM

No doubt about it, Andy Cohen took a big professional hit last night. He's now considered box-office poison outside of WWHL after TWO failed NYE attempts in the past few years, and that does include his failed Love Connection show.

by Anonymousreply 184January 1, 2018 3:45 PM

More feedback on how terrible Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper were at hosting New Year's Eve for CNN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185January 1, 2018 3:46 PM

Check out these pics. Cohen and Cooper have done the bro hug many times before. Cooper was just being pissy because their show was bombing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186January 1, 2018 3:49 PM

Here's a collection of NYE's "moments" including a nasty exchange between Andy and Anderson on Andy being a cunt to Nicole Kidman, and how gross it all sounds when it's written out in text:

Cohen put his foot in his mouth, asking Nicole Kidman to explain her unusual hand clapping that went viral during the Oscars, which Cohen reported she did on advice from husband Keith Urban so as to not ding her jewelry during a full night of clapping.

“I wish there were more important things for people to focus on,” Kidman responded.

“I think she just shaded me a little bit; I guess she’s not coming on my show,” Cohen told Cooper. “Why was that such a bad question?”

Cooper explained why it was a bad question.

“You know what? I don’t judge your question, and you don’t need to judge my questions,” Cohen scolded back.

To that point, he chewed on his foot a little more when they interviewed Celine Dion during her performance in Vegas, informing his arena crowd Lady Gaga was coming to town and asking Dion what advice she had for Gaga.

“Come on, Lady Gaga, we’re waiting for you,” Dion answered.

“Don’t ask her Lady Gaga questions!” a horrified Cooper told his new co-host. “You insulted Nicole Kidman, then Celine Dion!”

“I kind of thought she was going to give me the business about asking,” Cohen confessed. “I thought it was an innocent question.”

The Watch What Happens Live host brought video of his various Real Housewives reading Donald Trump tweets, by way of demonstrating his oft-repeated claim the President is stealing the Real Housewives’ best material. Trump’s tweets about “Russia hoax,” “Crooked Hillary” and Mika’s “bloody” face do not sound better with cleavage.

At 15 minutes before midnight, Cohen suddenly reported “Mariah Carey just did a very good performance behind us” for ABC’s Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Years Eve, then asked Cooper if he was allowed to talk about a competitor’s Times Square broadcast.

“So, she did redeem herself?” Cohen continued, without listening to Cooper’s response. “The emancipation of Mimi is complete.”

When midnight struck, Cohen observed all the revelers were beating a hasty retreat from the freezing square.

“I would not want to be a bathroom on Eighth Avenue in the 40’s,” he commented

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187January 1, 2018 3:52 PM

It's like they had nothing to say to the audience or each other.

by Anonymousreply 188January 1, 2018 3:56 PM

They didn't, despite Andy basically trying to turn it into a bad episode of WWHL. Anderson's a shitty co-host for a show like that anyway, I hope he doesn't get asked to do New Years' again next year. Better off with some fresh blood. I'm curious how much of the material from their two-man show they cannibalized in an attempt to salvage the night.

Were they supposed to get replaced by Don Lemon at 12:30 or was that a last-minute decision because they were painfully unpleasant to watch? Andy seemed surprised by it.

by Anonymousreply 189January 1, 2018 4:06 PM

Jesus, maybe the two Andys should have talked to each other like they normally do- unless that was it. Vapid, tired queens.

I'm guessing anyone under 50 couldn't change the channel fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 190January 1, 2018 4:07 PM

After the Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper disaster though, you can see how much Kathy CARRIED that show. Imagine how amazing it would have been if there were TWO good hosts, not just Kathy and Giggles Vanderbilt.

by Anonymousreply 191January 1, 2018 4:10 PM

R191 Definitely! Who do we petition for Kathy & Don Lemon for next year? You have to throw a bone and include Brooke Baldwin as a third co-host since she's Don's TV partner every year. I think it would work.

by Anonymousreply 192January 1, 2018 4:14 PM

It really highlighted how boring Anderson Cooper is and how needy Andy is. Who the fuck pays to see these two?

by Anonymousreply 193January 1, 2018 4:17 PM

Kathy and Anderson worked, because he was a stick in the mud and she poked at him without mercy. She knew how to push his buttons to make him squirm or giggle and the audience loved that.

Andy, with all his boasting about how close he and Anderson are, could not create that same energy where he pushes Anderson's buttons the same way Kathy did or in some new way the audience might have found entertaining. Maybe because Andy was too afraid to really poke Anderson (something Kathy never was afraid of, because she knew that's what the audience wanted and in the end Anderson understood that) and that really created an uncomfortable and awkward dynamic that had to resort to Bravo TV shilling to pander to Bravo Reality demographic while leaving the rest of the audience out there in the cold.

by Anonymousreply 194January 1, 2018 4:21 PM

Yes, this showed that the success of Anderson and Kathy was really all Kathy. Yes, it worked as a joke with her making him squirm but that really only worked in the earlier years when he was still in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 195January 1, 2018 4:24 PM

I can't imagine what the two Andys show is like. Do they go to small towns and people go to it to see gay people in the flesh like a rare zoo animal?

by Anonymousreply 196January 1, 2018 4:26 PM

Andy acted more like a petulant child who could dish it out but couldn't take it. And he's also got that cruel mean-girl sense of humor - his ribbing of Andy wouldn't have been light-hearted the way Kathy's came across, it would be nasty and hurt Anderson's feelings, and Andy probably wouldn't understand why.

Kathy and Anderson worked, yes - because of Kathy. Anderson has the "adorably giggles" routine down (or he did, before he became way too old to carry it off) but other than that, he didn't really contribute much to the show. Kathy WORKED for that check, and I think all Anderson did was show up. At CNN I'm sure Andy is getting the full blame for it now behind the scenes, but maybe this will be enough to push Anderson off the show as well.

by Anonymousreply 197January 1, 2018 4:26 PM

Kathy was everything. What a fuck up to cut her loose.

But Don in New Orleans is perfection especially now that he's in love. Love him.

by Anonymousreply 198January 1, 2018 4:29 PM

just the idea of them together sounded BAD. i couldn't tune in, to the horror show. Never been a fan of Cohen tho.

by Anonymousreply 199January 1, 2018 4:30 PM

I'm not a huge fan of either Andy nor of Kathy, but who thought that putting the two cunts that threw Kathy under the bus together was a good idea? Someone with no smarts, that's who.

[quote] Kathy WORKED for that check

Exactly. A little of her goes a long way in my book, but I totally think she's a professional, trying to work her ass off. Something neither of the Andys can duplicate in a hosting environment. Cohen is a fame whore and Cooper is usually a more serious journalist.

by Anonymousreply 200January 1, 2018 4:34 PM

the last thing i want to see is that kathy hag on TV.

by Anonymousreply 201January 1, 2018 4:35 PM

Where are the AC2 defenders today? Glad Cohen is getting a just reaction but Cooper deserves an equal amount of the blame, his wooden presence and uptight sniffiness were shown to full non-effect last night.

by Anonymousreply 202January 1, 2018 4:36 PM

Cooper was never a journalist.

by Anonymousreply 203January 1, 2018 4:36 PM

Cooper has little real personality, he is boring, why his talk show bombed.

Cohen is a vapid airhead whose appeal has always been lost on me.

Not surprised to hear this didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 204January 1, 2018 4:41 PM

They got better near the end when Andy started taking charge a bit - and Anderson cunted at him for it. I can see Coop having a face slapping meltdown when he learns execs want more Andy less Anderson next year.

And technically the show sucked with poor editing, insufferable time lapses between all field entries, lousy break exits, etc.

by Anonymousreply 205January 1, 2018 4:48 PM

To the poster who asked if they were in a straight bar: It's the Spotted Cat, which is a tiny music club on Frenchmen Street just outside the French Quarter. It's not a gay bar per se but it's in the Marigny — no one would be surprised to see gay couples there.

Since they've broadcast from there for a few years and Don's bf is from New York, it's possible he went there knowing Don would be there looking to meet him.

by Anonymousreply 206January 1, 2018 4:52 PM

I suspected Andy would be plugging his show and the Housewives. Quelle surprise!

by Anonymousreply 207January 1, 2018 4:53 PM

lol Andy is going on vacation to somewhere warm. He didn't acknowledge how badly the NYE show was but a lot of the comments under his post are letting him know

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208January 1, 2018 4:54 PM

[quote] it's possible he went there knowing Don would be there looking to meet him.

...or he just wanted to go party in Nawlins for New Year's Eve. Not unusual at all. Hell, my good friend who lives in Manhattan is currently in New Orleans for NYE.

by Anonymousreply 209January 1, 2018 4:55 PM

Here's my ONLY defense of Andy though-I think people are making too big of a deal out of the dumb question he asked Nicole. I don't know why she would be insulted by it. Sure it was shallow but did she really want to talk about something more serious? and Celine was not offended when he asked her what advice she could give to Lady Gaga about having a Las Vegas residency. Celine just said she wouldn't dare give someone like Gaga advice because Gaga knows what she's doing.

by Anonymousreply 210January 1, 2018 4:56 PM

r208 gee, he's still whining about being cold. Somewhere warm = the basement Coke Haven room at BOYCUNT.

by Anonymousreply 211January 1, 2018 4:57 PM

I’m glad the show bombed. CNN was stupid to fire Kathy. If they had any balls, they would have had her back.

Next year, Don, Brooke and Kathy should all host. I would watch then.

by Anonymousreply 212January 1, 2018 4:59 PM

Please, like Andy Cohen didn't intend to create some controversy people would talk about. Because that would be unheard of coming from a Reality TV personality.

by Anonymousreply 213January 1, 2018 5:00 PM

Kathy Griffin probably doesn't want to admit she watched the CNN shitfest; however, she should work it into her act that she saw a few clips and it stunk to high heaven. Kathy needs to somehow dump on these two losers who made NYE boring, unfunny and stale beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 214January 1, 2018 5:03 PM

She doesn't have to . Everyone else is saying how boring they were.

by Anonymousreply 215January 1, 2018 5:04 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216January 1, 2018 5:04 PM

r213 he didn't, though. It was painful to watch for all involved. He wasn't controversial; he was just boring and unfunny. And we discovered how little Anderson actually contributed to the previous NYE's with Kathy.

by Anonymousreply 217January 1, 2018 5:05 PM

r216 those SHOES are hideous!

by Anonymousreply 218January 1, 2018 5:05 PM

I just wonder if Don & Brooke would be willing to do the show in NYC. This was their 4th year going to NO and it's special to Don now because he met his bf there. Don would not want to be outside the whole time. Maybe if they let him go to a NYC bar and then dip outside here and there he'd be OK with it.

by Anonymousreply 219January 1, 2018 5:07 PM

Why are they wearing oven mitts?

by Anonymousreply 220January 1, 2018 5:07 PM

They can still have Brooke and Don in NO and Kathy and someone else in NY

by Anonymousreply 221January 1, 2018 5:08 PM

Jesus, NYE Anderson looks like the bat child (found in a cave) all grown up.

by Anonymousreply 222January 1, 2018 5:13 PM

Those fraus on Andi's Twitter sucking up to him make me barf! Don't they have some lonely queen in their little towns they can befriend to be their gay "bestie"???

by Anonymousreply 223January 1, 2018 5:14 PM

[quote]Please, like Andy Cohen didn't intend to create some controversy people would talk about. Because that would be unheard of coming from a Reality TV personality.

Yeah...no

Sure he would like a "check out this outrageous thing Cohen did on New Years Eve"

But no one wants to be called unfunny and awkward.

by Anonymousreply 224January 1, 2018 5:14 PM

[quote]But no one wants to be called unfunny and awkward.

Well, duh! You think he would have said what he said to Nicole if he knew that it would backfire on him and he'll be called unfunny and awkward?

by Anonymousreply 225January 1, 2018 5:17 PM

[quote]I think people are making too big of a deal out of the dumb question he asked Nicole. I don't know why she would be insulted by it. Sure it was shallow but did she really want to talk about something more serious?

Right? He should've asked her about the protests in Iran immediately after she said that. You're a celeb, not a scientist. What the fuck do you think you'll get asked if not inane questions?

by Anonymousreply 226January 1, 2018 5:25 PM

Cooper rang the new year in with the word “peen” last night. Let’s ease up on the “serious journalist talk.” He is also no kind of entertainer. I may he the only person who watched his talk show when it was on. He made watching TV a chore. He did work well with Kathy not only because he is a quote-unquote straight man, but because he is so unbearably stuck up and she spent the night violating all his norms so far beyond his comfort level that even he realized how absurd all of it was. Andy did the opposite. He emphasized and worsened Anderson’s uptightness because Anderson clearly felt pressure to make it work without KG and so he was even more uptight than usual, and Andy Cohen just is not a comedian and does not understand a world outside of his Bravo bubbles he has said that his mother told him he could never be on the news because he’s not smart enough. A mother knows her baby.

Cohen does not belong on CNN, period, and Cooper is a shitty host. He just has zero charisma—fine for reading the news.

Two things I do not understand: One, why is Don Lemon relegated to the back of the bus? He is already a CNN employee. He has far more charisma than Cooper does. He can be fun. NYE is about fun. Cooper is the death of the party. Two, how in the world have the two ACs maintained a roadshow selling tickets to people who pay to watch them talk about themselves? What the fuck?

by Anonymousreply 227January 1, 2018 5:45 PM

So true R223 the efforts of the Cohen fans to turn the pigs ear into a silk purse drip with desperate adoration. Many are telling the truth to Cohen in any case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228January 1, 2018 5:48 PM

How come no one is talking about HOW FUCKING WEIRD Celine Dion was last night? They spent all that time tyalking to her and then her song was cut after like 30 seconds.

Language barrier???

by Anonymousreply 229January 1, 2018 5:50 PM

R219 Don is from Louisiana, not far from New Orleans. That’s why he is in that location; it’s not only because he met his guy there. He spends the holidays with his mom and family in NOLA.

R216 WTF has Anderson done to his face? If Andy had to talk about the Bravo housewives he should have asked if Adrian Maloof’s husband botched Anderson’s fillers.

by Anonymousreply 230January 1, 2018 5:51 PM

R229 that was all the producers' doing. I don't know why they wanted to interview her and not show her singing. Celine has always been an awkward interviewee with her quirky personality.

by Anonymousreply 231January 1, 2018 5:57 PM

I've never had much use for the pasty faced bastard and think even less of that wonk eyed, fat, little Jew. I'm not watching anything either of them are on.

by Anonymousreply 232January 1, 2018 6:03 PM

Whatever his ethnicity and whatever investors or fans he is scamming, he’s a loser. He fooled me for a few months when I first discovered him in 2016, but his envelope-pushing rhetoric turned out to be absolutely vapid as well as being intended to be anything but “virtuous.”

by Anonymousreply 233January 1, 2018 6:08 PM

Andy proved he had the comedic ability of a network exec who gave himself a show.

CNN will never have Kathy back, despite the public demands, because she broke the cardinal rule of pissing off the suits.

But one of the other cable networks or streaming services really should pair him with someone else funny and do a New Year’s countdown next year. I bet it would be a huge hit for them.

by Anonymousreply 234January 1, 2018 6:12 PM

I meant pairing HER with someone funny.

Andy and Anderson was a one time experiment that bombed.

by Anonymousreply 235January 1, 2018 6:14 PM

She doesn't even have to be paired with someone funny, as her shows with Anderson proved. She did it all herself. Paired with a likeable "straight man" would work.

by Anonymousreply 236January 1, 2018 6:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237January 1, 2018 6:24 PM

Can you imagine people are actually going to fucking PAY to see AC2 talk for two hours on their tour?

by Anonymousreply 238January 1, 2018 6:24 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the CNN honcho, Kathy insulted, begs Kathy to come back after the car crash the NYE show was. Nobody who works in the media buiz has the luxury of letting ego or pride get in the way of a show's success.

by Anonymousreply 239January 1, 2018 6:26 PM

More Quest!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240January 1, 2018 6:29 PM

r216 is Coop turning into a lesbian? That can't just be makeup.

by Anonymousreply 241January 1, 2018 6:31 PM

Andy Cohen is horribly untalented. He's oblivious to how witless and devoid of charm he is. He is bad for the Jews, bad for the Gays, bad for Short People, bad for Pot Smokers, bad for all forms of media, and especially bad for any audience that is subjected to his queeny, stupid proclamations. Let's see how the rich and famous you suck up to react now that you are officially a joke.

by Anonymousreply 242January 1, 2018 6:41 PM

Whatever Cooper had done to his face was botched. I think Andy Cohen will end up having some kind of career ending scandal this year. I wouldn't be surprised if his enemies are just waiting for the right time to expose him.

by Anonymousreply 243January 1, 2018 6:42 PM

IN regards to Celine, stupid Ac2 never ever figured out to speak to any of their guests on delay. Both would ask a question and then not wait for the response before cutting in with another question. They were terrified of dead air and instead just had frustrating interactions with everyone. Total amateur move. They only showed a few seconds of Celine singing because CNN wouldn't cough up the royalties for a full song, hence no musical performances and the panicked look AC2 had when a long amount of Mariahs Vision of Love was prominent in Richard Quests remote from the street.

by Anonymousreply 244January 1, 2018 6:44 PM

[quote]So the GIFs from this disaster are now started appearing and I love this one capturing Quest's reaction to Andy touching him:) He looked like he was ready to punch him....

I mean...is this the clip everyone is going on about? He didn’t look AT ALL like he was about to hit Cohen. It was more odd than anything. Unless they had been bantering with each other the whole night.

by Anonymousreply 245January 1, 2018 6:44 PM

I'll be honest I don't miss Kathy. She doesn't do anything that get's missed.

by Anonymousreply 246January 1, 2018 6:46 PM

Puhleeze, Kathy would have rocked those interviews with Nicole and Celine and then dished on them as soon as they were out of sight. That's why we give her the DL love.

My favorite comment on CNN's twitter: "Anderson should call 911 and ask them to find Kathy, tell them it's AN EMERGENCY!"

by Anonymousreply 247January 1, 2018 6:53 PM

I didn't watch AC2 but based on all the vitriol here and elsewhere I feel bad for Cohen. And that has never happened.

by Anonymousreply 248January 1, 2018 6:53 PM

I enjoy Kathy in small doses, like on NYE. I may be in the minority clearly, but I don't really care for Lemon; however, I don't really care much for most people with bubbly, outgoing personalities. Btw Neither Cohen nor Cooper do anything memorable, r246.

by Anonymousreply 249January 1, 2018 6:56 PM

No, I don't give a shit about Kathy. She can fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 250January 1, 2018 6:57 PM

[quote]I don't really care much for most people with bubbly, outgoing personalities.

I don’t either. I wonder why? Maybe it has something to do with being disingenuous or something.

by Anonymousreply 251January 1, 2018 6:59 PM

Bianca del Rio could nail it if given good material. But American mainstream TV is too fearfully conservative. You only have to look at the array of disasters that now constitute its talk show hosts now that Letterman is gone. Graham Norton makes all of them look tedious amateurs. He has a NY pad: maybe CNN should hire him for the night. He and Del Rio would be a blast!

by Anonymousreply 252January 1, 2018 7:00 PM

Anderson never really did anything when he appeared with Kathy. She carried the entire night, which isn't easy...and then him giggling.

by Anonymousreply 253January 1, 2018 7:02 PM

I think Kathy Griffin ought to host next year with the fired news guys: Matt Lauer and Charlie Rose. Kathy would tear it up, and the guys have nothing to lose other than their dignity which is gone.

by Anonymousreply 254January 1, 2018 7:04 PM

Andy can go fuck himself. He is a talentless Jew- and that is rare.

by Anonymousreply 255January 1, 2018 7:05 PM

Cohen was like a hyper active chatterbox on drugs. He NEVER shut his mouth except during long awkward silences. He was embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 256January 1, 2018 7:06 PM

Gosh, Andy is really getting dragged on Twitter. He’s definately the Mariah of NYE2018.

by Anonymousreply 257January 1, 2018 7:07 PM

This was sweet revenge for Kathy. Andy begged Anderson for the spot, and Anderson went to bat for him. I bet he regrets that now. The problem is that "AC squared" have let their 'we are the most adorable duo' fame go to their heads. I don't understand how their road show sells more than ten tickets a night, but a lot of fraus worship them. Instead of thinking they are a very particular desired flavor for a very particular demographic, they thought the entire country would fall in love with them. They failed to realize they lack wit, charisma, warmth, and genuinity.

Kathy will never come back to CNN. Those executives are way too proud to beg her to come back, and even if they did, Kathy now gives zero fucks and would tell them to fuck off. But, she'll likely be hosting some sort of New Year's Eve special in December. This "AC squared" pairing will never be seen again.

by Anonymousreply 258January 1, 2018 7:09 PM

[quote]Cohen was like a hyper active chatterbox on drugs.

Kathy already outed him for being a big cokehead, not that it is a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 259January 1, 2018 7:11 PM

r258 When Kathy was on the ratings weren't that great, considering how much attention this thing got on here and twitter I wouldn't doubt the ratings were the exact same as last year.

by Anonymousreply 260January 1, 2018 7:12 PM

When do we find out CNN's ratings for last night? I have a hard time seeing Kathy getting a high profile New Year's gig. The only way it'll happen is if Trump leaves office in disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 261January 1, 2018 7:12 PM

Don Lemon is definitely not fake. Last year he was giving us a mixture of drunken party boy and then drunken, almost crying I-am-lonely confessional. This year he's in the best shape he's been in a few years, looking younger too, in a 1 year relationship and is genuinely happy. He's a naturally sociable, charismatic and friendly guy plus he's very good-looking so he just works on camera. I loved how he called Tim over and then kissed him up close in front of the camera. Anderson has never and would never do that because he's a fucking blue blood bore.

by Anonymousreply 262January 1, 2018 7:13 PM

R260, I think the ratings were good for a cable network. If I'm not mistaken, they went up every year Kathy was on.

by Anonymousreply 263January 1, 2018 7:13 PM

R261 I'll check today after 5 PM but likely they won't be out until Tuesday or Wednesday after 5 PM EST. Today is a holiday so I'm not sure anyone's tabulating ratings from the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 264January 1, 2018 7:15 PM

It should have pretty decent ratings. But it's clear, based on Twitter, what the viewers thought about it.

by Anonymousreply 265January 1, 2018 7:18 PM

Griffin is a professional comedian with tons of experience, Cohen is not. It is foolish to think he could step into those shoes.

by Anonymousreply 266January 1, 2018 7:19 PM

Why doesn’t MSNBC take the opp to hire Kathy along with some straight man?

by Anonymousreply 267January 1, 2018 7:20 PM

r248 why do you feel bad for Cohen?

He's a mean girl who is getting his comeuppance. He thought this would lead to a new level of fame for him; he was wrong.

He's learning that people don't like him.

by Anonymousreply 268January 1, 2018 7:21 PM

The ratings are probably higher this year since it was too cold outside to leave the couch. The real test will to see how AnA did versus Seacrest, Twilight Zone, etc.

I was surprised to see that MTV didn’t do a NYE show. End of an era.

by Anonymousreply 269January 1, 2018 7:22 PM

r267 She's off her meds atm, that's why

by Anonymousreply 270January 1, 2018 7:22 PM

I think CNN thought Anderson had the magic touch. He enlisted his other bff Kelly Ripa to co-host their "CNN Heroes" event and while I don't watch that, it seems to have gone over well. I think she co-hosted last year too. I think CNN thought based on that, Anderson has good on-camera chemistry with his friends. Andy proved Anderson wrong and now they'll definitely think twice about letting Anderson do whatever he wants.

by Anonymousreply 271January 1, 2018 7:23 PM

r260, ratings by themselves aren't meaningful in today's social media-ruled world. Network execs monitor comments on social media. Even if the ratings were the same as prior NYEs, Andy Cohen will never co-host a CNN NYE with Anderson Cooper. It wasn't even "so bad, it's good" TV. People were changing the channel and commenting on how boring it all as. "Boring" is the television death knell.

by Anonymousreply 272January 1, 2018 7:24 PM

I could see MSNBC having Ari Melber co-hosting with a variety of drop-by guests.

by Anonymousreply 273January 1, 2018 7:24 PM

Will they cancel the tour?

by Anonymousreply 274January 1, 2018 7:24 PM

r271 I'm sorry but was Andy supposed to be Andersons friend? Watching the show I thought CNN was trying to cross promote housewives and thus Cohen being there. They have the same parent company right?

by Anonymousreply 275January 1, 2018 7:25 PM

Anderson is done. Stick a fork in her.

by Anonymousreply 276January 1, 2018 7:26 PM

r272 Nothing matters but ratings, that's how tv makes it's money. It doesn't matter if people liked it or not as long as they watched it.

by Anonymousreply 277January 1, 2018 7:27 PM

Bad reception harms the brand and leads to lower ratings in the future r277. Networks absolutely care about the reception.

by Anonymousreply 278January 1, 2018 7:28 PM

Anderson was useless and charmless. I could see that Cohen was trying to liven it up, but he had nothing to say.

by Anonymousreply 279January 1, 2018 7:30 PM

r278 So your theory is Kathy was great for CNN's brand? You do realize this NYE program is a silly throw away for CNN?

by Anonymousreply 280January 1, 2018 7:31 PM

R277, that would be true if this was a one-time pairing. But, after the disastrous reviews, even the dumbest TV executive knows that Andy and Anderson won't bring in any ratings next year. Everyone thought they were dull as dishwater. There was no buzz. All the viral clips from last night's show have to do with Don Lemon. That has to be a real blow to Andy, who was expecting to make headlines for an "OMG!" moment.

by Anonymousreply 281January 1, 2018 7:33 PM

r278 exactly. CNN is NOT going to ignore the Twitter reception. It was trending on Twitter - and not in a good way.

I don't feel bad for Cohen but I feel bad for Anderson (somewhat). I think this Twitter backlash is further proof that his time is over. His talk show cancellation, the NYE backlash, the comments that he's boring, he's not appealing to younger viewers... I predict his show will end in the next few years.

by Anonymousreply 282January 1, 2018 7:34 PM

Huh r280?

People seemed to like the Griffin/Cooper pairing and it delivered growing ratings year after year.

If viewers don't like this pairing, then ratings will start going down for their NYE coverage as they lose viewers to their competition.

This isn't rocket science

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283January 1, 2018 7:34 PM

r281 IDK you seemd to have really gotten buzzed over it

by Anonymousreply 284January 1, 2018 7:35 PM

[quote]I don't feel bad for Cohen but I feel bad for Anderson

He turned his back on Kathy too.

by Anonymousreply 285January 1, 2018 7:36 PM

r285 OMG Kathy he wasn't going to ruin his journalistic career to save your stupid ass, get over it honey.

by Anonymousreply 286January 1, 2018 7:37 PM

r285 that's why I said "somewhat", which you left out.

by Anonymousreply 287January 1, 2018 7:38 PM

In one of their interviews before the show, Cooper said Cohen spent hours getting a jacket designed / tailored for the night. Exactly what a vapid queen would do - only concerned with his coat! Sure, Kathy has a fashion / glam squad but she ALSO prepared material for the show. Cohen prepared a list of top trending instagram posts and housewives reading trump tweets. That's all he had.

by Anonymousreply 288January 1, 2018 7:48 PM

No, R287–it makes no difference.

And, R286–fuck off you stupid asshole. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 289January 1, 2018 7:53 PM

Due to KGs firing, I intentionally boycotted all new year's eve countdown shows. I am glad I did because it would have been so sad and lame without her.

Cheers to the others who did the same!

by Anonymousreply 290January 1, 2018 7:56 PM

Thank you, Andy, for taking the attention away from me.

by Anonymousreply 291January 1, 2018 8:03 PM

I didn't mind Andy rather than Kathy, I don't watch his show so I liked seeing clips and the celebrity pop ins.

by Anonymousreply 292January 1, 2018 8:07 PM

^^^^Andy's mom

by Anonymousreply 293January 1, 2018 8:10 PM

It was so awkward. There was that part when Anderson was saying his chest was warm but every other part of his body was cold and Andy said (something like), “It’s like taking heroin...,” and Anderson’s like, “...uh, I wouldn’t know...,” and Andy says, “They say that’s what it’s like.”

It was so cringe.

by Anonymousreply 294January 1, 2018 8:14 PM

The CNN show was horrible beyond words. Both of these bozos lacked any kind of charisma or stage presence to grab an audience. Enter Kathy Griffin. She knows what's she's doing, she's funny and keeps things moving. Does she do everything perfect? No, but three hours on the air is a lot to fill. But overall, she made it work for years. Last night was bullshit drivel. I'm sure the ratings were fine because it's NYE. You put on the TV and leave it there. But the show stunk.

Before last night, I was thinking that the little AC2 tour might be kind of cute and witty. I would never go, but I thought, 'okay, these two have their schtick and they're taking it on the road.' However, after last night, I'm thinking their road show must be a piece of shit. No one should pay for crap like this again.

by Anonymousreply 295January 1, 2018 8:17 PM

I'm surprised they let Cohen plug bravo shows on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 296January 1, 2018 8:24 PM

i don't want to see that old hag kathy. they should have new people next year. NEW, young, up and coming...

by Anonymousreply 297January 1, 2018 8:27 PM

[quote]That’s why he is in that location; it’s not only because he met his guy there.

Correction from Don Lemon's twitter: Clarification. We did not meet at the bar. He was with me at the bar. We met in New York.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298January 1, 2018 8:30 PM

Tipsy Dom was trying to make it sound more special and of this big romantic coincidence....

Tsk tsk.

by Anonymousreply 299January 1, 2018 8:34 PM

I'm glad I watched the Twilight Zone marathon instead. It's still going on and DL fave George Takei is in the ep currently airing.

by Anonymousreply 300January 1, 2018 8:36 PM

OK wtf Don. Last night he said it was the 1 year anniversary. Maybe they decided on NYE that they were officially dating? Maybe the trip to NO was their first trip together and it obviously went well. That would make sense

by Anonymousreply 301January 1, 2018 8:37 PM

also =when he was talking about being open to a relationship last NYE, he sounded like he was completely single, not even seeing anyone.

by Anonymousreply 302January 1, 2018 8:38 PM

I am still wondering what goes on at these AC2 live shows... I don't believe we've seen any reports or inside info about them - - but after watching this, how could they not be insufferably bad? I guess they tell more personal stories & everyone isn't freezing, but the two of them are so dull, I really don't see how anyone would care about their little stories together.

by Anonymousreply 303January 1, 2018 8:44 PM

[quote]i don't want to see that old hag kathy. they should have new people next year. NEW, young, up and coming...

R297. No, thank you. I want tried and true entertainers. I'd love to see Kathy come back. She would do it because she's a work horse. However, the CNN execs would probably not humiliate themselves and hire her. But if they did, I wouldn't mind if Kathy had on another veteran and also some up and coming young person on with her. That might be fun giving a young person of whom Kathy approved and thought could handle it. But sorry, I don't want a bunch of nobodies on New Year's Eve. If I wanted that, I can switch to ABC (as I did briefly last night) with a bunch of young "singers" if you want to call them that. Who the hell were they? They were dreadful. You need someone experienced who can carry a show for a few hours.

by Anonymousreply 304January 1, 2018 8:52 PM

They say “you probably want to know how we two wacky gays came to know one another” and tell lame stories that they’ve told on Bravo, CNN, CNN and Bravo. They drink. Evidently they talk about fucking enough that Anderson has become comfortable saying on any national TV program that Andy won’t take a dick in his ass and even saying “peen” as an ostensible primary news anchor on a national news network. Andy Cohen is a prototypical bad influence. He appears to have single handedly corrupted all judgment of a previously respectable TV personality without doing anything to improve his personality.

by Anonymousreply 305January 1, 2018 8:53 PM

Rockin eve did pretty good probably because more people stayed inside.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306January 1, 2018 8:54 PM

Cohen and Cooper have been traveling around the country for AC2, described as "an unscripted, uncensored and unforgettable night of conversation.

Is this show with Anderson Cooper a test run for your New Year's Eve gig together on CNN?

Andy Cohen: It is ... I mean, a little bit. While we're traveling, we're working on stuff.

I'm guessing y'all have already started working on that?

Yes, we have. We have a meeting Wednesday at my apartment.

Are you excited? Nervous? That's a really big deal.

I am excited. Initially, I didn't think there was any upside for me doing it, but now I do. I just was like, "Wait a minute, I've been on tour with his guy for three years. We have great rapport. Why wouldn't I want to do this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307January 1, 2018 8:55 PM

I like Kathy. I respect her work ethic and she often makes me laugh against my own taste limitations. She did really fuck herself over by going apeshit about Jeff Zucker in her crazy attack video. Aside from fairly complaining that CNN underpays her (more evident now than ever), she basically insulted him for not being her best friend, which isn’t his job. She did bite the hand that fed her and I suspect she regrets it. She calls herself the queen of no fucks but she stayed silent last night for some reason...fucks.

by Anonymousreply 308January 1, 2018 8:57 PM

I'm sure Andy being trashed by Kathy really motivated him to take this job and not mention her name once.

by Anonymousreply 309January 1, 2018 8:59 PM

The swooning fangirl fraus on Cohen's Twitter page are I assume the typical audience for the AC2 tour R303 plus a few sad gays who don't get out much. Prices for their tour start at over $100 for the upper balcony and rise to an eye watering $500 for orchestra! To see those two nobodies blather on?!?! Ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 310January 1, 2018 9:00 PM

Are there any clips of how bad it was?

by Anonymousreply 311January 1, 2018 9:01 PM

R160, I think the closest thing the US has right now in a professional TV presenter is Ryan Seacrest but he can't host all the NYE shows.😂

I didn't see the CNN debacle last night, but I watched several clips today, and dear God they were awful 😂. Both Andy and Anderson are pompous and smug, so I'm happy they bombed.

by Anonymousreply 312January 1, 2018 9:01 PM

i think the weather definitely affected them. how could it not? it was soooo fucking cold!

by Anonymousreply 313January 1, 2018 9:03 PM

Exactly r308.

Kathy handled the whole thing utterly unprofessionally and made sure she burned lots of bridges. People try to pretend the only mishap here is the Trump photo.

by Anonymousreply 314January 1, 2018 9:03 PM

I'm delighted that Griffin told the suits to go fuck themselves R308 / R314 , it's a dream to tell the boss exactly what you think of them and fuck the consequences and she did it, good for her. She's more than rich enough and can still perform live, her TV days were numbered anyway, she's an aging woman and TV ( and the world ) is not kind to them . Even if she's never heard of again she's worth 10 of AC2 as proven by their abysmal 'performance' last night.

by Anonymousreply 315January 1, 2018 9:11 PM

R313 that's why you prepare and rehearse and practice. Kathy had shit Planned; she knew what she was there for. Andy probably spent more time working on his outfit than his material. I cringe when I see anything called "unscripted" as a marketing point because it can, and often does, mean the show won't be very good. I wouldn't be surprised if Andy and Anderson getting together for an evening was the extent of their prep work.

by Anonymousreply 316January 1, 2018 9:13 PM

[quote]Kathy had shit Planned; she knew what she was there for. Andy probably spent more time working on his outfit than his material.

She not only planned — she has years of improv experience as a student, performer and teacher. She can roll with whatever happens and switch up what she's doing quickly. A great asset if you're doing hours and hours of live TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317January 1, 2018 9:19 PM

Andy Cohen has deluded himself into thinking he is clever , witty, and smart. He will also convince himself that he didn't bomb on New Years Eve. Hopefully, the debacle will put a fork in the AC2 minstrel show.

by Anonymousreply 318January 1, 2018 9:20 PM

This smug pair have been lulled into a false sense of their own hilarity by the tame fraudience who fork out for their shitty tour, that certainly blew up in their self satisfied faces last night.

by Anonymousreply 319January 1, 2018 9:20 PM

R315 I wasnMt criticizing her choice so much as observing that she chose to burn her bridge at CNN. What she said about Zucker was less than incriminating, though—basically that he didn’t hang out with her onset all the time—so that one seems like an odd one to attack. Andy Cohen seems like an ungrateful opportunist and I am all for her attacking him, and saying fuck you to Cooper (who unlike Cohen was purportedly her friend) for giving her silence while she was being publicly crucified and persecuted seems fair, too.

by Anonymousreply 320January 1, 2018 9:22 PM

R314 she was getting a lot of flack from that and it clearly affected her. She burned a few bridges but those bridges were already burned. CNN as led by Jeff Zucker would not have had her back on in any case because he seems intent on running the network into the ground, the way he did his last one. And they are so paranoid that Trump will call them "biased" so they are going out of their way to appeal to the right wing.

Kathy got her revenge. Andy looked like a fool. Anderson was shown to be useless as a co-host. And she kept quiet because she's processed the drama and fallout and has gotten through it mentally. She chose the classy route and didn't say anything that night, but one Tweet to let people knew she Was Aware and appreciated their comments. I wouldn't be surprised if this damaged Anderson's reputation significantly in the network and may have given them enough ammunition so they stop giving him chances. Andy's - most people who had never heard of Andy before tonight likely dislike him now. He's poisoned goods for mainstream America. He will slink back to his hole on Bravo and pretend to be over it, but his comments will show how much he was hurt by it.

And Kathy can revel in the schadenfreude for months to come, I'm sure. This will likely be the event that gets her forgiven, too, among official channels, because she's done her time.

by Anonymousreply 321January 1, 2018 9:23 PM

I tried watching it for a while, but Andy was so obnoxious, pretentious, and acted like a 12 year old girl. I saw in the DM article Andy said something on air about the first AC and AC. One of the DM commentators said, yeah, Ass Clowns.

by Anonymousreply 322January 1, 2018 9:26 PM

Kathy’s most important complaint—that she is undercompensated for her talent—was validated without question last night. Her lack of participating is really the most career defining moment of her whole career.

by Anonymousreply 323January 1, 2018 9:27 PM

Andy Cohen should forever be known as Ass Clown.

by Anonymousreply 324January 1, 2018 9:29 PM

^^^^R324 - truth.

Andy was the fly in the ointment. Too bad he and Kathy are on the outs - they had chemistry. Andy tries too hard, and his cock-eyes were giving me the kikis.

by Anonymousreply 325January 1, 2018 9:32 PM

r312 I think Seth McFarland is pretty good presenter as well

by Anonymousreply 326January 1, 2018 9:33 PM

R326 Seth is too skeevy and lowbrow for my taste. I think if he hadn't done Family Guy it might not have affected my opinion of him as much.

by Anonymousreply 327January 1, 2018 9:35 PM

R326 but you're right, he is a good presenter otherwise. And he can sing, too.

by Anonymousreply 328January 1, 2018 9:36 PM

If Seth hadn't done Family Guy he wouldn't be nearly as rich as he is today.

by Anonymousreply 329January 1, 2018 9:37 PM

R323 yeah I don't think the network or a lot of folks appreciated how good she actually was. Now there's a case study.

Good professionals make what they do seem effortless. So people may think it's simple because it looks so easy to the uninitiated.

by Anonymousreply 330January 1, 2018 9:38 PM

About the only other person I think could host with Anderson and evoke that anything-can-happen feeling is Bianca del Rio — she's quick, smart and has no problem with the joke being on her when necessary: "I'm a clown! I'm a fucking man in a dress!"

by Anonymousreply 331January 1, 2018 9:39 PM

R329 wasn't disputing that. It contributes to the skeevy factor though.

by Anonymousreply 332January 1, 2018 9:39 PM

I don't think Anderson should be asked back. He has had his run. He should have quit the New Year's show when they axed Kathy, but he didn't and now he looks like a fool.

by Anonymousreply 333January 1, 2018 9:41 PM

Fuck all y'all that don't like Family Guy lol. Big Family Guy fan here. But I have to admit, I enjoy American Dad! more. Roger the Alien is by far one of my favorite tv characters.

And Seth MacFarlane has saved and made a shit ton of money voicing a majority of his characters.

by Anonymousreply 334January 1, 2018 9:42 PM

You called, r325?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335January 1, 2018 9:43 PM

Andy is too much of a fucking asshole (and I've had the displeasure to meet him at various industry events) to admit he failed.

Trust me, he is reading these threads.

by Anonymousreply 336January 1, 2018 9:48 PM

The Bravo/Housewives promo and mentions were boring. I don't think that should've been included. Andy was complaining so much about everything, he's not likely to do it again and Amy Sedaris wasn't funny. Is she supposed to be funny? I liked Kathy and AC together better. Brooke and Don were fun.

by Anonymousreply 337January 1, 2018 9:48 PM

When you watch back the Nicole Kidman clip you can see Andy is visibly deflated.

by Anonymousreply 338January 1, 2018 9:52 PM

Haha fuck Cohen. I love Kidman when she throws shade! If you haven't seen the clip of her on Ellen, cooking with Giada DeLarentis(sp), look it up on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 339January 1, 2018 9:55 PM

Yeah he whined the entire night about everything. No one wants to be friends with the complainer.

by Anonymousreply 340January 1, 2018 9:56 PM

R339 I just watched it. Kidman was mostly quiet, said several times how anal retentive she is, and in the end said the bread is a little tough. Is that as shady as she gets, or is there another clip I’m missing?

by Anonymousreply 341January 1, 2018 10:10 PM

I think for me the best part was when Nicole said "I know, you are not supposed to do this in live television, but ...". She actually spat the food out (in a napkin). She really didn't like it. I wonder if it had something to do with the rumors about Giada being a sex freak creeping on all kinds of men and being into freaky shit. I wonder if Giada hit on Nicole's husband?

by Anonymousreply 342January 1, 2018 10:16 PM

Seth McFarland is stupid and gross and has zero charm.

by Anonymousreply 343January 1, 2018 10:17 PM

Cohen made the Bravo mentions a part of his deal.

by Anonymousreply 344January 1, 2018 10:19 PM

That really worked well for him R344

by Anonymousreply 345January 1, 2018 10:20 PM

If Andy Cohen was savvy, he'd hire Kathy Griffin to co-host NYE on Bravo next year. He's a pussy, tho.

by Anonymousreply 346January 1, 2018 10:22 PM

Keith & Nicole looked like a real couple when Andy asked his dumb clapping question and Keith rolled his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 347January 1, 2018 10:25 PM

Was Haaz Sleiman watching?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348January 1, 2018 10:28 PM

Andi went off a few times last night about Twitter...saying how awful and hateful it was and he was giving it up--but I bet he's been glued to it today!

I wonder how much coke snorted off rent boy ass he's done today???

by Anonymousreply 349January 1, 2018 10:31 PM

Has Andy deleted his Twitter account or at least trashed his media devices for showing him all those negative comments?

by Anonymousreply 350January 1, 2018 10:34 PM

I had to work while this was on. So, how was it?

by Anonymousreply 351January 1, 2018 10:40 PM

Lots of fans gushing to him on Instagram. He can choose delusion about last night for a while if he likes.

by Anonymousreply 352January 1, 2018 10:41 PM

It was boring, R351. They were not funny just boring.

by Anonymousreply 353January 1, 2018 10:46 PM

Painfully boring, r351

by Anonymousreply 354January 1, 2018 10:47 PM

For those of you who missed this part, check out 3:28 to about 7:15 lmfao Andy and Anderson look very bitter and jealous of how much fun Don and Brooke were having. Andy then tries making fun of them after. Compare Andy & Anderson's faces on the split screen with Don & Brooke. It's hilarious

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355January 1, 2018 10:52 PM

This is DL so I assumed ya'll would get the joke about how was it. Guess not.

by Anonymousreply 356January 1, 2018 10:52 PM

I watched the 2 Andy’s on CNN, and it was okay, but not as funny as when Kathy was on it. Anderson looked whiter than white with a very red nose...they both looked very cold. I didn’t really bother to watch Dick Clark’s Rockin New Year’s Eve, because I don’t care for rappers.

by Anonymousreply 357January 1, 2018 10:53 PM

Before the shitshow last night there were many AC2 fans bragging here about how their heroes would score big and the jealous and bitter bridge burning Griffin would be writhing in agony watching their triumph, any of them care to update us on that?

by Anonymousreply 358January 1, 2018 10:56 PM

I loved when Don and Brooke kissed their men. That was sweet.

by Anonymousreply 359January 1, 2018 11:01 PM

People naming Bianca Del Rio, her brand is not family friendly. She would feel incredibly restricted and off her game in that type of format.

by Anonymousreply 360January 1, 2018 11:03 PM

Don has a bf? Didn’t know that.

by Anonymousreply 361January 1, 2018 11:03 PM

R361 there's a thread here about it. They went public this past spring and we found out last night they've been seeing each other for a bit more than a year

by Anonymousreply 362January 1, 2018 11:05 PM

Does anyone remember this moment from 2015? NYE was so much better when we had Kathy & Coop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363January 1, 2018 11:07 PM

All of y'all need to get over that Kathys career is dead and nobody really cares about NYE shows.

by Anonymousreply 364January 1, 2018 11:10 PM

Kathy will probably never get back on CNN until Zuckerberg leaves the network. However, if nothing else, I hope last night gave Kathy's self-esteem a huge boost and that she still has a huge American fan base. Now she has to shut up, lay low, no crazy tweets or videos, no network execs, etc. Hone her act again and start appearing in smaller clubs. Yeah, it sucks, but pay some dues all over again--and then announce a limited tour in her usual large arenas.

Kathy will be back, but she has to lay low and not piss off potential people who might hire her. Trump is not going to improve. By the time Trump hopefully loses the Repig Congress in November, Kathy could be back having a ball at Trump's expense with bitter jealousy coming from AC2, who sucked and managed to make NYE mondo beyondo boring. And if the CNN execs have a brain, Cohen and Cooper made their first and last appearance last night.

by Anonymousreply 365January 1, 2018 11:10 PM

Funny, that Gus doesn’t have a British accent, but he does speak very gay. I also think that Anderson wanted a kiss from him, but Gus didn’t want to, because he has a “boyfriend”.

Oh, please!

by Anonymousreply 366January 1, 2018 11:25 PM

Kathy's fate is in the hands of club owners. It all depends if they are willing to book her.

by Anonymousreply 367January 1, 2018 11:25 PM

I don't care whether Griffin gets her career back on track or not R364 tho I did enjoy her kamikaze scorching of the suits, my indifference to her is smaller than my dislike of the megasmug AC2 so their failure last night was pleasing.

by Anonymousreply 368January 1, 2018 11:29 PM

I think she could easily get another reality show right now if she wanted one.

by Anonymousreply 369January 1, 2018 11:30 PM

I enjoyed my last New Years cruise more than this shit show!

by Anonymousreply 370January 1, 2018 11:31 PM

With who, R369? She pissed off execs at CNN, NBC Universal and CBS.

by Anonymousreply 371January 1, 2018 11:32 PM

Yeah wouldn't it be ironic(?) if this would spark Kathy's redemption - by just staying home and keeping her big mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 372January 1, 2018 11:50 PM

R371, those aren't the only networks around. There must be some cable stations around desperate enough to throw some money at her.

by Anonymousreply 373January 1, 2018 11:54 PM

WHO Is this Gus Kenswortthy Person? I think I love him. That clip proves boring Anderson needs Kathy.

by Anonymousreply 374January 1, 2018 11:56 PM

R374, Gus Kenworthy is an out gay Olympic skier. He's hot, loves showing his body, is nice and supports his fellow gays.

So, naturally, he's reviled here at the DL.

by Anonymousreply 375January 2, 2018 12:01 AM

Gay Black America felt deflated when Lemon kissed his White boyfriend. Goes to show it’s ALL Black men who hate their own race, not just the Straight ones.

by Anonymousreply 376January 2, 2018 12:02 AM

Gus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377January 2, 2018 12:08 AM

I think this is how they are in the sack. Anderson is a passive, withholding WASP and Andy is a sloppy and floppy, and too eager. And his breath smells. He's offputting but at least Andy tries.

by Anonymousreply 378January 2, 2018 12:09 AM

[quote]Gay Black America felt deflated

Is that what "Gay Black America" felt? Must have missed our meeting where we all decided on our uniform opinion.

by Anonymousreply 379January 2, 2018 12:10 AM

r376 is an ignorant and a lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 380January 2, 2018 12:11 AM

That Cohen thing tries way too hard. He was appalling and trashy like he was on a Houswives show right there on Times Square. And both looked freshly botoxed with unsettled further eye work.

by Anonymousreply 381January 2, 2018 12:13 AM

The biggest WTF that us come out of the public repudiation of Andy Cohen is that Kennedy, former annoying MTV VJ Kennedy, cohosted Fox’s NYE show and regularly hosts her own show on Fox News. The fuck... was Eric Nies not available?

by Anonymousreply 382January 2, 2018 12:36 AM

[quote]I think this is how they are in the sack. Anderson is a passive, withholding WASP

Anderson said his his freak number is high in bed so he's not so passive or waspy.

by Anonymousreply 383January 2, 2018 12:40 AM

Probably WASP freaky. Like sex in the daytime.

by Anonymousreply 384January 2, 2018 1:00 AM

He probably puts his eyeglasses on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385January 2, 2018 1:03 AM

Even if Cooper gets gang fisted in a sling while surrounded by chanting Satanists, he’s guaranteed to make the events boring as fuck. And creepy because he probably spends the whole time going hehehehehehe.

Why would a news anchor discuss his “freak number”? I have no respect gor this creature.

by Anonymousreply 386January 2, 2018 1:08 AM

What happened to Anderson’s FACE???!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 387January 2, 2018 1:16 AM

That talentless bitch Kennedy is still alive?!...I thought she'd been taken out by some right-wing frau disease years ago.

by Anonymousreply 388January 2, 2018 1:27 AM

Anderson has reached that age where you need some extra fat to fill out your face, or everything will sag. Instead of getting fillers, he needs to eat.

by Anonymousreply 389January 2, 2018 1:30 AM

Anderson has captured Renee Zellweger's former eyes.

by Anonymousreply 390January 2, 2018 1:32 AM

Anderson needed to cover his head outside. He may have a head cold today. Andy finally did put on a knit cap.

It was hosting chatter. Not much comedy. Got boring quickly. Starting at 8 made it too long. Knock off an hour.

by Anonymousreply 391January 2, 2018 1:38 AM

They don't need to knock off an hour, just Andy. I doubt they will ever have him back.

by Anonymousreply 392January 2, 2018 1:44 AM

R389 but looking at his bff, Andy, you have the opposite problem. Andy is not fat fat but he's got enough fat so that his neck is really sagging. He needs that shit lasered for tightening.

by Anonymousreply 393January 2, 2018 1:53 AM

Has Kathy reacted to Kennedy imitating her? They may have met back in the 90s. I didn't know Kennedy was a republicunt

by Anonymousreply 394January 2, 2018 1:54 AM

It's a huge task to banter for 4 hours on live TV and keep people engaged. You really need entertaining guests and segments lined up. Andy has an abrasive personality. They had horrible guests. Extreme cold that made everything worse. I'm surprised this even got on the air. It was like the perfect shitstorm for failure before it even started!

They should've done a sit down type situation with a rotating panel of celebrity guests to chat with.

by Anonymousreply 395January 2, 2018 2:01 AM

Kathy was at least irreverent. Andy is a kiss ass to some and a snot to others. And his being snotty to some is nauseating considering he brought us the Real Housewives.

by Anonymousreply 396January 2, 2018 2:13 AM

Andy flopped. Everyone knows it.

The question now is: do they ask him to do it again?

They probably have to.

by Anonymousreply 397January 2, 2018 2:16 AM

If they want ratings and a viewing audience, CNN is done with Andy. Curiosity is only good for one time.

by Anonymousreply 398January 2, 2018 2:30 AM

Don Lemon needs a talk show.

by Anonymousreply 399January 2, 2018 2:35 AM

R399

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400January 2, 2018 2:53 AM

Andy Cohen should be BANNED for life from The entertainment industry!

by Anonymousreply 401January 2, 2018 3:00 AM

And he can take dreary Cooper with him R401

by Anonymousreply 402January 2, 2018 3:02 AM

[quote] They probably have to.

This is a business, not a dinner party. Of course they don't have to.

by Anonymousreply 403January 2, 2018 3:05 AM

I wonder whether CNN would dare to repeat this combination again on a New Years Eve given the ridicule it has caused?

by Anonymousreply 404January 2, 2018 3:27 AM

You just know next year will be just Anderson and Don & Brooke possibly in NO. Coop will still steer the ship but there will be copious doses of D&B for him to play off of. Sorry but you gotta know Kathy is toast as far as CNN.

by Anonymousreply 405January 2, 2018 3:30 AM

It doesn't matter the ridicule if the ratings are good. Haven't seen official results yet but it was the top trending topic the whole night. As Trump proves, it doesn't matter what they're saying as long as they're talking about you.

by Anonymousreply 406January 2, 2018 3:36 AM

It was the worse New Years Eve show ever!!!!

by Anonymousreply 407January 2, 2018 3:46 AM

Saw this posted somewhere else:

[quote]Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen have the chemistry of two guys who hook up at the bar and go home together to have sex only to realize they're both bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 408January 2, 2018 3:47 AM

Andy Cohen is really a nasty prick!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409January 2, 2018 4:05 AM

Ugh my straight brother and his wife liked it!!! I was literally fighting with them at dinner tonight about this. There was nothing to like but they insisted "they have good chemistry" (WHAT?) and "they had some good jokes" (WHAT JOKES?) and then they said it's a "hard job and nobody really expects anything anyway." Then my brother said Kathy Griffin is too "out there" and shouldn't have ever had the job to begin with.

She never used to be the fag hag frau type, but now I don't know. My brother couldn't tell a stand up comic apart from a corpse so I don't blame him - but I'm more upset with my sister in law agreeing with him and thinking it was good.

by Anonymousreply 410January 2, 2018 4:11 AM

It was fine for what it was R410. Plus every so often they'd cut away to the stoner bus and that puff and paint party. It was a little out there. The main flaw I saw was Andy Cohen plugging his desperate housewives way too much. He needs to give that a rest. I think lots of people went into watching it determined to hate them because of Kathy Griffin. But it's impossible for Griffin to come back because she got way too nasty with Andy Cohen with her video. She showed a lack of loyalty which is probably not forgivable .

by Anonymousreply 411January 2, 2018 4:18 AM

R367, I don't know about her financial situation, but she could do some performing on youtube for now if club owners won't hire her. Add a supportive celeb in a video or two and she'd look more appealing to club owners or talk shows.

by Anonymousreply 412January 2, 2018 4:20 AM

Did some of you miss that Kathy did a highly successful world tour last fall? There is plenty of work for her to do. She doesn’t need to play small clubs, work her way up and bide her time. She just needs a Netflix special or something.

by Anonymousreply 413January 2, 2018 6:14 AM

Kathy stripping down to her bra on the show, she was disgusting and tacky.

by Anonymousreply 414January 2, 2018 6:22 AM

Actually, she can work. Most of her gigs were leased venues- they weren't "paid jobs" per se.

I think she's probably scared right now though, and I don't blame her. She's still got plenty of fans.

by Anonymousreply 415January 2, 2018 6:22 AM

Kathy is almost 60-- a time when most people are thinking about retirement. Why do people keep talking about her fighting and clawing her way back? That takes a lot of stamina and patience.....and time isn't on her side. She's not 30.

by Anonymousreply 416January 2, 2018 7:13 AM

[quote]I didn’t really bother to watch Dick Clark’s Rockin New Year’s Eve, because I don’t care for rappers.

JFC, there were few rappers on the DCRNYE lineup. Was there no FOX NYE show?

[quote]Extreme cold that made everything worse.

Yet, Ryan and Jenny made it work on the DCRNYE segments that I caught – they were much more animated and quick than AC2, and had fun with the crowd. I could not get through more than seven minutes of the AC2 clip linked upthread – damn, they were painful. And Andy talking shit about everybody was apropos for him – as was Anderson’s incessant giggling.

And somebody, [bold]please[/bold] shit in my mouth! – R376

by Anonymousreply 417January 2, 2018 7:55 AM

I'm happy Kathy's taken the high road so far, and not commented on that NYE shit show on CNN. It's better for her to stay silent and let the internet roast Andy/Anderson for her.

Anderson really needs to hang it up. He's done NYE for long enough, and yes, this year exposed him as a complete dud without the right partner. He is no FUN, even though he desperately wishes he was!

Don & Brooke are the best thing, and it would be nice to see them host.

by Anonymousreply 418January 2, 2018 7:58 AM

R382 Kennedy is the house libertarian on Fox Business News, not FNC.

Libs love her.

by Anonymousreply 419January 2, 2018 8:08 AM

Kathy should retire, because she's coming up on 60? You must be an Elder gay, or just a moron. It's show business. Cher, Dolly- what would these women do otherwise? They love their work.

Joan was at it until she dropped, and so will Kathy. She has a private party next month for 50k- will be interesting if she posts about it.

by Anonymousreply 420January 2, 2018 8:32 AM

[quote]Dave Chapelle? They interviewed Dave Chappelle?

Yes, two gay guys... That alone is a fair measure of how worthless they both are.

by Anonymousreply 421January 2, 2018 10:00 AM

Jenny McCarthy is entering Joan Rivers territory. Her face was so frozen with Botox she probably couldn't feel the cold anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422January 2, 2018 10:04 AM

Andy Cohen prove what a whiny little bitch he really is.

by Anonymousreply 423January 2, 2018 10:04 AM

[quote]Funny, that Gus doesn’t have a British accent, but he does speak very gay. I also think that Anderson wanted a kiss from him, but Gus didn’t want to, because he has a “boyfriend”.

UGh, why was HE being interviewed? That guy bothers me.

by Anonymousreply 424January 2, 2018 10:12 AM

I remember that, r394 -- back in college I watched MTV and in some interview it came out she was Republican and her popularity plummeted. She was basically voted out of her job after a favorite VJ poll had her way at the bottom.

You never hear about Kennedy nowadays except every few years when she whines that Hollywood is too liberal.

by Anonymousreply 425January 2, 2018 10:20 AM

Eww nasty piece of work rethug Kennedy went to Fox.

When CNNNYE had Kathy you sat and you watched to hear the bits because they were funny. With ac/ac I I just kept it on as background because it was the same annoying Andy cohen blah blah blah, look at me wwhl schtick which I don't watch on Bravo because I hate him.

He's that annoying kid in your 7th grade math class that wouldn't shut up, probably because his parents didn't give him any attention at home. #teamKathy

by Anonymousreply 426January 2, 2018 10:28 AM

It started too early or formatting needed broader content. Andy was basic OK, nothing extraordinaire there, and nothing much of a flub.

Expecting him to be like Kathy is unrealistic. Recall that in the past, even Kathy struggled to steady deliver comic substance for four hours and she is known to be quick-witted.

It was also damn cold, that can put a damper on anything and alter dynamics.

by Anonymousreply 427January 2, 2018 11:01 AM

Kathy G is a comedian for gods sake.

why in hell has she been so damn castigated for makin a wild joke.

she musta rubbed alot of people wrong thru the years and this was the excuse to axe her and in general blacklist her.

I dont get it.

andy and andrew were awful

from the get go they seemed not interested in the whole night. weird...

by Anonymousreply 428January 2, 2018 11:03 AM

r427 that plus all the other issues with Andy, his personality, sense of humor, pretentious snobbery, and sycophantic behavior. He's not very entertaining or likable except possibly to people who share his narcissistic personality.

by Anonymousreply 429January 2, 2018 12:55 PM

Wah wah wah, two successful, out, good-looking gay guys having a show together; not even gays support out gay guys, so reaching with their criticisms. And it's normal to have two hosts together, not a comedian and a host, comedians are for comic relief and other things, but they aren't that useful for hosting. Working with friends is also not uncommon.

by Anonymousreply 430January 2, 2018 1:29 PM

Andy @ R430 ... face it, you have no talent for anything other than self-promotion!

by Anonymousreply 431January 2, 2018 1:32 PM

I think it is possible Anderson was ORDERED to write those cunty dismissive statements about Kathy and that for months he had little enthusiasm about the NYE show, knowing it would bomb. He probably hates himself about this whole debacle as it reads like a lack of spine.

Bluebloods flatter themselves that they have "character" and judge themselves for that.

by Anonymousreply 432January 2, 2018 1:46 PM

They weren't "successful" on New Year's Eve!

by Anonymousreply 433January 2, 2018 1:49 PM

[quote]It was a little out there. The main flaw I saw was Andy Cohen plugging his desperate housewives way too much. He needs to give that a rest.

Omg, people still watch that show? I thought all the housewives were in jail?

by Anonymousreply 434January 2, 2018 2:00 PM

I only like Andy in that Love Connection Show.

by Anonymousreply 435January 2, 2018 2:01 PM

It’s been when they’ve done the show before but only Cohen kept mentioning it from what I saw in the clips. Also CNN used to engage the TV audience. Did they show live tweets this year?

by Anonymousreply 436January 2, 2018 2:02 PM

r433 he got his friend Andy installed as cohost; I doubt very much he is under their control that they made him issue that statement. He also could have contacted her about it as a friend, not a month later. His statement was entirely self-serving and even if he was forced to, which I doubt, the statement was pretty harsh and it didn't need to be.

by Anonymousreply 437January 2, 2018 2:04 PM

An amusing take on the evening

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438January 2, 2018 3:03 PM

I like the moniker "Cringe News Network"

by Anonymousreply 439January 2, 2018 3:04 PM

Even at his "peak" Anderson's ratings were dismal. He has never had any good or even decent rating. He has to know someone at CNN because people with bigger ratings have been canned. It's like Gunsmoke was Paley's wife's favorite show.

by Anonymousreply 440January 2, 2018 3:06 PM

Jeff Zucker, only the worst decisions

by Anonymousreply 441January 2, 2018 3:08 PM

[quote]Wah wah wah, two successful, out, good-looking gay guys having a show together; not even gays support out gay guys,

Oh, shut up Taylor Swift

by Anonymousreply 442January 2, 2018 3:29 PM

Cooper looks like a fossilized albino salamander

by Anonymousreply 443January 2, 2018 3:58 PM

[quote]Wah wah wah, two successful, out, good-looking gay guys having a show together; not even gays support out gay guys,

If you care about gay representation then you should want them to do a good job, not turn in the lazy performance they did.

by Anonymousreply 444January 2, 2018 4:00 PM

Reminds me of when in their second season SNL did a live show from NOLA on Mardi Gras that totally bombed.

by Anonymousreply 445January 2, 2018 4:07 PM

If this shitfest is any example of what these two do on a stage during their tour....

by Anonymousreply 446January 2, 2018 4:14 PM

Even though she lost the gig, Kathy must be loving this.

by Anonymousreply 447January 2, 2018 4:36 PM

Kathy should do a movie or series where she is playing a character to give people a break from her comedy persona, then after 5 years do a comeback stand up special.

by Anonymousreply 448January 2, 2018 5:13 PM

Is Andy in hiding? Is SJP comforting him by saying "we're both so cool?"

by Anonymousreply 449January 2, 2018 5:15 PM

About what R448 says.

by Anonymousreply 450January 2, 2018 5:15 PM

[quote]Kathy should do a movie or series where she is playing a character to give people a break from her comedy persona, then after 5 years do a comeback stand up special.

And adjusting how comedy (what's ok to say and what's not ok to say) works these days.

by Anonymousreply 451January 2, 2018 5:19 PM

The AC’s and CNN can’t wait for this thread to hit 600 so it can die and go away.

Make sure there’s a Part II so we can keep it going. 😂

by Anonymousreply 452January 2, 2018 5:20 PM

R449 he's on vacation "somewhere warm". He won't be back until the weekend

by Anonymousreply 453January 2, 2018 5:25 PM

ACs still have to do those road shows together, I wonder if the overall negative reaction to the NYE show will cause a rift in their friendship - Andy Cohen seems to be a huge complainer/whiner. Probably blames Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 454January 2, 2018 5:29 PM

WTF with these never ending road shows? I mean really? WTF do they have to talk about. I really am over both of them.

by Anonymousreply 455January 2, 2018 5:35 PM

He will come back from vacation after some other story is in the news.

by Anonymousreply 456January 2, 2018 5:37 PM

R452 - this actually is a Part 2 ! This has generated a lot of comments (and has a few related threads). The original thread is in r1. It would be too funny if it filled up a part 3 too.

by Anonymousreply 457January 2, 2018 6:20 PM

The thread (and all the necessary Parts Two, Three, Thousand) has to keep going until Dec. 31, 2018

by Anonymousreply 458January 2, 2018 6:21 PM

The primetime portion of “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve” on ABC ruled the final night of 2017 with ratings up considerably from 2016.

Part 1 of the special, from 8-10 p.m. ET, averaged a 3.1 rating among adults 18-49 and 9.11 million viewers, up from 1.9 and 6.61 million on Dec. 31, 2016. The 10 p.m. hour drew a 5.0 and 15.72 million viewers, compared to 3.6 and 11.56 million last year. As a whole, the three-hour primetime “NYRE” was up 48 percent in adults 18-49 vs. 2016. FOX also got solid numbers from “New Year’s Eve with Steve Harvey,” which came in at 1.8 and 5.78 million viewers.

Some of this is probably due to cold weather keeping people at home but I'd also bet that a fair share of last year's CNN viewers defected to the broadcast networks this year. Andy and Anderson were just shockingly dull.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459January 2, 2018 6:57 PM

[quote]She has a private party next month for 50k

Are you saying she's getting paid $50K? How do you know this?

by Anonymousreply 460January 2, 2018 7:23 PM

Andy will get a ton of love when WWHL resumes. His guests will stroke his ego and all the fraus will call in and gush about how much they love him and loved the NYE show. He'll probably even mazel himself, Anderson and CNN. Sad

by Anonymousreply 461January 2, 2018 7:32 PM

I had no idea Steve Harvey had a New Year’s Eve show. I would’ve probably been watched that instead.

by Anonymousreply 462January 2, 2018 7:40 PM

been watching*

by Anonymousreply 463January 2, 2018 7:41 PM

I'm loving the Andy Cohen backlash only because he's such a fame whore. Can you imagine what he must be feeling? I went to his twitter feed and there's no comments about the show. Have any insiders heard about any fallout? You know he's gnashing his teeth and looking for someone to blame.

by Anonymousreply 464January 2, 2018 7:53 PM

Andy should be careful, we already know how quickly old Anderson throws his "good friends" under the bus to save his own pasty and hairless hype.

by Anonymousreply 465January 2, 2018 7:56 PM

[quote]Wah wah wah, two successful, out, good-looking gay guys having a show together

Good looking? Who? What? Where?

by Anonymousreply 466January 2, 2018 8:00 PM

How much you want to bet that bloated, worthless POS "jackholes" Don Lemon?

by Anonymousreply 467January 2, 2018 8:02 PM

Andy must know he was close to Rosie variety special failure. Maybe Mark Consuelos will let him suck his dick. Or send in the hot 20 something son.

by Anonymousreply 468January 2, 2018 8:09 PM

I wonder why none of the late night hosts bother with NYE? I guess they don't need the money or feel like dealing with it? Of all the various names in these two threads, nobody ever mentioned the main late night hosts from Conan to Colbert, etc... they're already doing the late shift... they know what kind of audience they have, what kind of jokes work, how to hold late night attention, etc...

I've seen Bianca del Rio's name posted in so many places it seems ... not quite coincidental at this point. Yes, she's talented & her "In Bed with Joan (Rivers)" was possibly the best of all the comics, but of all people - it's kind of random. I'd certainly watch, but I don't know if he has mass appeal, especially given most of his jokes are pretty much not for TV.

by Anonymousreply 469January 2, 2018 8:20 PM

Eh, her name was mentioned and then repeated a few times by the same people. However I will agree she'd be a great host, just on a cable network where she can be less family friendly. She's very quick on her feet and highly intelligent which is what you need to survive as a comic.

by Anonymousreply 470January 2, 2018 8:22 PM

Cohen has proven he cannot host anything and WWHL is just a place for bravolebrities to come and stars to come and talk about bravo shows. This is a bad move for Cohen. He has been trying to shed Bravo for years. Radio Andy only succeeds with Bravo talk, Ripa could not get him on Live, Love Connection failed, and now this. He better make nice at Bravo or he could be out there too (remember he was supposed to have a show about teaching people to host WWHL?)

p.s. the Kathy Coke story - is probably true. Cohen is good friends with "wanna bump?" Lady Bunny.

by Anonymousreply 471January 2, 2018 8:34 PM

I don't know Lady Bunny but I dislike her because RuPaul kept mentioning her in Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 472January 2, 2018 8:37 PM

Bianca Del Rio is not funny.

by Anonymousreply 473January 2, 2018 8:40 PM

She has dj'ed every Cohen B-day party for like 20 years..and provides the coke.

by Anonymousreply 474January 2, 2018 8:40 PM

Gorgeous together:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475January 2, 2018 8:55 PM

The only good Andy was Andy Grammer. And that's an understatement; Grammer was spectacular. He can come back any time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476January 2, 2018 9:51 PM

ABC was up because everyone wanting to see if Mariah would be a train wreck again. She actually did well. It is soooo hard to sing in the cold let alone in that weather but once again she looked like a horse's ass with her tits out in 5 degree weather. The chick is nutz with her always having to look sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477January 2, 2018 10:24 PM

I know it was very cold but AC2 didn't even try regarding fashion. Cohen should have had a brightly colored faux-fur parka and Cooper should have worn something black but festive and shiny. Seeing two old gay dudes dressed down like that was like "why even bother?"

by Anonymousreply 478January 2, 2018 10:25 PM

R470 Bianca is funny and her in Bed with Joan is great, but even with Drag Race on VH1 I don't think middle America wants 4 hours of a drag comic. Watch the in Bed with Joan with Mamrie Hart, she's actually incredibly funny and flyover safe, but probably not enough name recognition to land a gig like NYE

by Anonymousreply 479January 2, 2018 10:52 PM

kathy griffin on fox!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480January 2, 2018 10:54 PM

Hot tea time:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481January 2, 2018 11:03 PM

[quote]I know it was very cold but AC2 didn't even try regarding fashion. Cohen should have had a brightly colored faux-fur parka and Cooper should have worn something black but festive and shiny. Seeing two old gay dudes dressed down like that was like "why even bother?"

Actually Andy had to change when he realized he was wearing the same thing as Mariah.

by Anonymousreply 482January 2, 2018 11:09 PM

Mariah is entertaining just standing there - in a still photo.

Has anyone on here talked about Steve Harvey's coat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483January 2, 2018 11:24 PM

Harvey looks like he stole that coat from Doris Day's Midnight Lace wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 484January 2, 2018 11:48 PM

Lol at Steve Harvey’s Ann Taylor coat! I used to work with someone who called him “Buttons”.

Mariah did better than expected but then again, she had to. I think this was make or break for her, at least as far as ever getting another big gig. I expect she was on time and sober and did a sound check this year.

by Anonymousreply 485January 2, 2018 11:51 PM

Everyone had bad coats except for the singer, Grammer.

by Anonymousreply 486January 2, 2018 11:59 PM

Harvey's outfit does look 60s/70s in a bad way.

by Anonymousreply 487January 3, 2018 12:00 AM

Both our gays look a helluva lot better than the horror of those 2 queens at R459:

by Anonymousreply 488January 3, 2018 12:01 AM

Re: Mooriah Carey...was surprised how thin she is now and she really looked good, inspite of that slutty dress. And admittedly its not a train-wrecked act and she redeem herself a bit but lets face it - her voice is now gone.

by Anonymousreply 489January 3, 2018 12:07 AM

Mariah sounded TERRIBLE but expectations of her are so low, just finishing a live vocal was miraculous.

by Anonymousreply 490January 3, 2018 12:12 AM

Looking at the photos from New Year’s Eve... Andy Cohen looks like a pig fetus.

by Anonymousreply 491January 3, 2018 12:15 AM

r491 Now Sweetie...

by Anonymousreply 492January 3, 2018 12:16 AM

Anderson is back on his show tonight acting like the horror display on Sunday night never happened lol

by Anonymousreply 493January 3, 2018 12:30 AM

They should get Varla Jean Merman to host (at least co-host) next year....maybe with Lady Bunny....

by Anonymousreply 494January 3, 2018 12:45 AM

Yes at the very least they are professional entertainers with decades of experiences. Well, like Kathy was, too.

by Anonymousreply 495January 3, 2018 1:22 AM

lmfao at the end of Anderson's show, a weatherman was giving the forecast for the potential "bomb cyclone" on thursday. He compared the temperature and conditions to NYE when Anderson and Andy were outside. Anderson's face DID NOT MOVE at all lol. It was hilarious like a deer in headlights

by Anonymousreply 496January 3, 2018 2:31 AM

Anderson is scheduled to be on Colbert tonight. I wonder if they'll discuss his NYE hosting duties.

by Anonymousreply 497January 3, 2018 3:36 AM

I hope tv producers at CNN finally realize that trained, experienced performers are actually good at PERFORMING! Yes, as easy as it might look, not everyone can do it, especially two non-trained, non-performers like AC2! Being a jabbering jackanapes positioned in front of a tv camera is all well and good and certainly you can do that if you prefer, but it won't rise to a level beyond "time consuming" without someone with performance chops!

by Anonymousreply 498January 3, 2018 4:40 AM

I wouldn't even watch these two if they were fucking. A hairy Troll and an Albino. No Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 499January 3, 2018 4:42 AM

Oh my gawd!

by Anonymousreply 500January 3, 2018 4:43 AM

I'd watch Ben fucking Anderson. Otherwise, not interested in hairy midget Andy.

by Anonymousreply 501January 3, 2018 4:57 AM

Shame on CNN for hiring Andy Cohen!

by Anonymousreply 502January 3, 2018 5:06 AM

Andy will die of a coke overdose. He’s getting too old for his system to bounce back or not be adversely affected.

by Anonymousreply 503January 3, 2018 5:13 AM

R503, It would be a wise career move.

by Anonymousreply 504January 3, 2018 5:17 AM

I'm not usually an Andy Cohen fan --and I've always been a big fan of Anderson Cooper...(and I like Kathy G) -but after watching the NYE special, I felt bad for La Cohen. It was painful and awkward watching him get iced out and verbally rejected over and over in such a public way.

by Anonymousreply 505January 3, 2018 5:42 AM

R505 if Andy were a nice guy I'd agree but he's not. He's a meangurl and social climbing ass kisser to the stars.

by Anonymousreply 506January 3, 2018 6:06 AM

Do we know what the ratings were for the CNN show on NYE?

by Anonymousreply 507January 3, 2018 1:00 PM

They might not be close friends after this....

by Anonymousreply 508January 3, 2018 1:08 PM

Andy Cohen is just another deluded run-of-the-mill producer who gave himself a talk show. He does not belong in front of the camera and I hope this fiasco ends his on-camera career. It was bad. Like really, really bad.

by Anonymousreply 509January 3, 2018 2:19 PM

Anyone heard any fallout from this? Rumors, etc.?

by Anonymousreply 510January 3, 2018 2:21 PM

As much as I dislike Andy, I don't think WWHL is going anywhere. The show costs nothing to produce and he has snagged plenty of big-name guests.

by Anonymousreply 511January 3, 2018 2:42 PM

[quote]he has snagged plenty of big-name guests.

It is like the same 11 people over and over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 512January 3, 2018 2:55 PM

Obviously WWHL isn't going anywhere. CNN might not invite him back to NYE, it's not that big of a deal for him.

And I don't like the guy, but its just the truth.

by Anonymousreply 513January 3, 2018 3:02 PM

[quote] Anderson really needs to hang it up. He's done NYE for long enough, and yes, this year exposed him as a complete dud without the right partner. He is no FUN, even though he desperately wishes he was!

Cooper was back on CNN news the next day, no worse for wear. I wonder how invested he is in the success of the NYE show. Seems a thankless task for someone who'd rather be at home sleeping. It's Cohen who had everything to lose -- he's tried (and failed) to escape the WWHL ghetto before and it just ain't happening. This could be his death knell, he has no appeal beyond his core fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 514January 3, 2018 3:07 PM

That is what they kept telling me, r514. And look at me now!

by Anonymousreply 515January 3, 2018 3:16 PM

r515=Donald J. Trump

by Anonymousreply 516January 3, 2018 3:17 PM

Looks like the ratings were just out but I dont know how it compared with last year.

by Anonymousreply 517January 3, 2018 3:21 PM

The big story everyone is talking about from CNN's NYE is apparently some anchor who light a someone's bong as they took a hit.

Many idiots seem incensed that CNN promotes drugs(!!!), even though they promote drinking and no one seems to have a problem with that.

by Anonymousreply 518January 3, 2018 3:28 PM

Orlando Sentinel TV Critic Hal Boedeker loved the CNN show: "If you wanted the most fun, CNN was the place to be. Anderson Cooper and new co-host Andy Cohen were amusing, frank and wacky. They’re naturals on live television.

Cohen and Cooper managed to do a thoughtful interview with Dave Chappelle and John Mayer, who were performing in Inglewood, Calif. Chappelle hoped that people would be decent to one another in the new year.

The CNN hosts, who are longtime friends, worked with a camaraderie that can’t be faked. They were more a team than the previous CNN hosts: Comedian Kathy Griffin tended to take over when she worked with Cooper.

The CNN telecast was fresh and surprising."

If I didn't know better I'd swear this was satire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519January 3, 2018 3:33 PM

According to Adweek: Hosted by Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen, CNN's New Year's Eve coverage finished No. 1 across cable in prime time. The broadcast performed especially well among younger demos.

by Anonymousreply 520January 3, 2018 3:36 PM

R519's TV Critic was a passenger on the pot bus.

by Anonymousreply 521January 3, 2018 3:36 PM

Which sounds more impressive than it is r520, CNN always win cable NYE coverage. There isn't much competition to be had.

by Anonymousreply 522January 3, 2018 3:43 PM

Don & Brooke drew more viewers than Andy & Anderson:

The 12:30 a.m. portion of the coverage drew 2.34 million viewers and the 8 p.m.-12:30 a.m. marathon averaged 2.23 million.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523January 3, 2018 4:01 PM

Ryan's ratings we're up over 30% and his best ever, so I'm betting some of those were from CNN.

Plus, he actually had good guests. And Mimi.

by Anonymousreply 524January 3, 2018 4:22 PM

So, the 2 Andy’s was a success? How??

by Anonymousreply 525January 3, 2018 4:26 PM

^ They sucked the cum out of Larry King at midnight, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 526January 3, 2018 4:28 PM

Why do folks pay to hear Cohen and Anderson banter as part of the AC2 tour? So weird.

by Anonymousreply 527January 3, 2018 4:34 PM

So ratings were up vs last year though by not much. Will Andy Cohen take the credit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528January 3, 2018 4:59 PM

CNN has just announced they will be asking Andy back. "We couldn't be more thrilled with the energy Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper brought to our New Year's show," said Rachel Gomez. "They injected the show with good humor, laughs, and above all, fun. We hope the Anderson and Andy team will be a fixture at New Year's Eve for years to come."

by Anonymousreply 529January 3, 2018 5:28 PM

Compared to last year’s entire program block (8 p.m. – 1 a.m.), CNN New Year’s Eve Live grew +17 percent in total viewers and +26 percent in adults 25-54. All American New Year showed more year-over-year growth in this daypart, +50 percent in total viewers and +118 percent in the key news demo.

The highly-publicized CNN’s New Year’s Live with Brooke Baldwin & Don Lemon (12:30 – 1 a.m.) delivered 2.12 million total viewers, 940,000 from A25-54 and 361,000 in 18-34. The program also ranked No.1 in cable news across all demos.

by Anonymousreply 530January 3, 2018 5:33 PM

None of this changes how anyone feels. The world HATES Andy Cohen!

by Anonymousreply 531January 3, 2018 5:35 PM

[quote]All American New Year showed more year-over-year growth in this daypart, +50 percent in total viewers and +118 percent in the key news demo.

So CNN's NYE program only showed a fraction of the growth that Seacrest got.

by Anonymousreply 532January 3, 2018 5:36 PM

I loathe Cohen but reading this thread is very misleading. So many shreaking KAWEENS who say how boring and horrible it all was and then...the ratings are good and Cohen is asked back. Oh well, I guess nothing surprises me anymore, literally. I thought Hilary was a lock on the presidency and then we elected Cheeto Hitler, too.

by Anonymousreply 533January 3, 2018 6:12 PM

The ratings are good on a lot of crappy shows, R533.

by Anonymousreply 534January 3, 2018 6:14 PM

Remember when Anderson Cooper used to be hot?

Remember when Andy Cohen used to be.... Wait. That never happened.

by Anonymousreply 535January 3, 2018 6:15 PM

Don't be fooled. R529 is fake news and an average episode of Real Housewives of Atlanta gets better ratings than what they got.

by Anonymousreply 536January 3, 2018 6:23 PM

Yeah r529 made that up.

by Anonymousreply 537January 3, 2018 6:39 PM

Here's another article on the NYE ratings win. Since there were so many complaints about the show, the ratings may not be as high next year but I guess the good news is a little comforting for both of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538January 3, 2018 6:45 PM

We have to remember the ratings were also up because of how fucking cold most of the country was on NYE. A lot more people just stayed the hell home and watched tv.

There was also the curiosity factor and buzz factor of how CNN's show would go without Kathy. If Andy and Anderson are the hosts again next time, I bet ratings will be down.

CNN should realize Don Lemon is the star of the NYE special and give him more time. They could give Times Square coverage 8-9, then Don Lemon 9-10, then back to Times Square 10-12 and immediate go back to Don until 1 AM since NO is an hour behind. It was bizarre that CNN kept Andy and Anderson on until 12:31. We only got about 15 solid minutes of Don & Brooke on their own.

by Anonymousreply 539January 3, 2018 6:56 PM

CNN has to say it was a hit and has to have them back to save face. They do not want to admit a mistake and Kathy insulted the CNN bigwig.

by Anonymousreply 540January 3, 2018 7:28 PM

Oh my God make it stop.

by Anonymousreply 541January 3, 2018 7:41 PM

He got that coat tailored?

It's just an average black coat.

by Anonymousreply 542January 3, 2018 8:00 PM

I disagree, R513. Everything has a shelf life and after the god forsaken Housewives franchise finally dies so will WWHL. His days are numbered in front of the camera.

I'll add other producers like Michael Gelman from Live with Kelly and Ryan, and Bill Geddie formerly with The View. They pushed themselves onto the public by having the camera on them during the show. Any producer who sits in the makeup chair each day is an attention whore who ultimately takes focus from the show.

by Anonymousreply 543January 3, 2018 8:10 PM

People carping about this need to realize they don't represent the majority. I dismissed a lot of the twitter comments as coming from disgruntled Kathy Griffin fans who hardly represent a majority of people. People on New Years Eve don't have such high expectations, especially on a night where if you're watching TV, you're at home probably getting plastered. I saw a lot of people who thought the bong and party bus were hysterical. They loved that reporter who was holding a joint too. It really tickled all the stoners out there. The ratings also show it wasn't the bomb that people were talking about.

One reason not mentioned for the ratings increase across the board for all the NYE shows was there was no competing NFL games that night. The NFL decided since they didn't have any games with meaning that they would cancel Sunday night football. That probably lead to a lot more people sampling the NYE shows.

Anyways looks like Andy and Anderson will be back.

by Anonymousreply 544January 3, 2018 8:11 PM

Anyways is not a word, cunt and Andy will NOT be back.

by Anonymousreply 545January 3, 2018 8:18 PM

The show got good ratings, because people hate watched it in order to diss it on social media. The same way Keeping Up With The Kardashians get good ratings because of hate watchers.

It's like feeding the trolls. You feed them with the attention you give to them. No comment, no reaction, no watching would made them look like the ultimate losers. Like Milo Y. not being able to get Liberals' reaction he can exploit.

by Anonymousreply 546January 3, 2018 8:42 PM

Anderson spent $3000 on his New Year's Eve outfit.

To survive a frigid New Year’s Eve in New York City, Anderson Cooper dug deep into his wallet. During an appearance Tuesday on the “Late Show with Stephen Colbert,” the CNN anchor revealed he shelled out close to $3,000 on electric clothing to stay warm in the below freezing temperatures of the Big Apple.

“It’s funny, because in the run-up, Andy kept having these appointments to get warm jackets tailored. I was like, ‘You don’t need a tailored coat, you need massive layers of parkas.’ So I knew he was going to really die out there,” Cooper, 50, said of his co-host Andy Cohen. Cooper contacted the Philadelphia based Warming Store, which specializes in heating apparel, to outfit him.

“I spent $2,900 buying electric clothing,” Cooper explained. “I didn’t know that they had electrically heated clothing now. There’s a battery pack on your socks, a battery back on your vest, on your long underwear, on your hat, on your gloves, and they sold me the Ferrari of warming gloves. “I had coats over it, but every now and then, you could press a button and your pecks would get really hot,” he continued.

by Anonymousreply 547January 3, 2018 10:01 PM

[quote]He got that coat tailored?

Yes, especially fitted so he can stay warm in the frigid weather.

by Anonymousreply 548January 3, 2018 10:09 PM

They both paid $$$ to have their coats taylored.

by Anonymousreply 549January 3, 2018 10:10 PM

Smart of Cooper, heated clothing is where it is at if you really want to stay warm out there.

by Anonymousreply 550January 3, 2018 10:11 PM

The coats appear not to look that expensive.

by Anonymousreply 551January 3, 2018 10:19 PM

They had on matching black turtlenecks before they had the jackets on. They were in a heated room dressing like idiot gay twinsies thinking they were so adorable.

by Anonymousreply 552January 3, 2018 11:08 PM

MSNBC should have their own nye show - maybe have Rachel and Kathy hosting it?

by Anonymousreply 553January 3, 2018 11:18 PM

Hahahah all you cunts on here thought it would tank in the ratings but it was #1. I bet Kathy cried.

by Anonymousreply 554January 3, 2018 11:59 PM

#1 in a field of nothing. It's like saying you had a bout of diarrhea instead of the flu. Nice try Andy- you still got terrible reviews.

by Anonymousreply 555January 4, 2018 12:21 AM

cash me ousside girl ain't havin themm

clap back unny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556January 4, 2018 12:47 AM

I bet Andy's mad I was #1 for the night on cable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557January 4, 2018 12:51 AM

Some people watched, but they bombed. They won't be back next year if they are doing it.

by Anonymousreply 558January 4, 2018 12:54 AM

They were number #1, they'll be back next year and y'all haterz will watch it again.

by Anonymousreply 559January 4, 2018 12:57 AM

Danielle Bregoli is unimpressed at Anderson Cooper, thinks Andy Cohen looks like a human Q-tip and doesn't care these "60-to-70-year-old men" trashed her during their CNN New Year's Eve show.

by Anonymousreply 560January 4, 2018 3:18 AM

Danielle Bregoli is a genius and should be named ambassador to Italy.

by Anonymousreply 561January 4, 2018 3:22 AM

Highest-rated CNN NYE special EVER.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562January 4, 2018 3:35 AM

All CNN cares about is ratings. They will be back. That's what y'all get for hate watching it.

by Anonymousreply 563January 4, 2018 3:40 AM

No they won't. Also please die for using "y'all".

by Anonymousreply 564January 4, 2018 3:46 AM

Kathy must have been crushed when she saw these ratings. She's just not wanted by anyone.

by Anonymousreply 565January 4, 2018 3:49 AM

It was too cold for those 70 year old men.

by Anonymousreply 566January 4, 2018 3:49 AM

I am sure Kathy was really crushed when everyone on the internet said they bombed and it was boring and it wasn't the same without Kathy.

by Anonymousreply 567January 4, 2018 3:51 AM

ABC and FOX both added millions of viewers to their New Year's specials compared to last year. CNN only gained, what, 100,000?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568January 4, 2018 4:02 AM

New Year’s Eve Live with Anderson Cooper & Andy Cohen averaged 3.284 million total viewers ...there is 310 million people in America. More people get up to pee during a commercial for "The Bachelor" than watched these two nitwits.

by Anonymousreply 569January 4, 2018 4:07 AM

Now that I look back, the 2 Andy’s weren’t so bad. The New Years Show on CNN was pretty decent.

by Anonymousreply 570January 4, 2018 4:19 AM

Andy Cohen will not be back next year. Don Lemon will be next years host. All the positive Cohan post were posted by Miss Cohen herself!

by Anonymousreply 571January 4, 2018 4:27 AM

The ratings were very good, there's no point in pretending they weren't. They beat Fox, no one ever expects the cable NYE shows to beat the networks, it's not going to happen, but AC and Kathy were on for years because they were a hit. AC and Andy may have gotten a lot of criticism, but the show was still a ratings hit.

by Anonymousreply 572January 4, 2018 8:09 AM

High ratings, vapid content and poor judgment sums up the programming direction of both CNN and Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 573January 4, 2018 3:09 PM

Sandra Bernhard is exactly the right choice. She would kill.

by Anonymousreply 574January 4, 2018 3:18 PM

Ratings we're still not as good as last year with Kathy. Over 3 million.

by Anonymousreply 575January 4, 2018 3:18 PM

I doubt Cohen will be back. CNN may say so now but his overall reputation for being an unintelligent druggie will give them a reason to dump him later.

Anderson needs to reassess his own credibility now.

by Anonymousreply 576January 4, 2018 3:26 PM

YASSSSS

Miss C has the last laugh on all of you!!

by Anonymousreply 577January 4, 2018 3:28 PM

I can't see Sandy B hosting a NYE show. That is definitely not her demo, plus she is at Joe's Pub for the week between XMas and New Years and it takes a lot out of the old gal.

by Anonymousreply 578January 4, 2018 4:09 PM

CNN is not asking him back.

by Anonymousreply 579January 4, 2018 4:23 PM

They'll be back. And for R564--Y'ALL better watch out for those two mens Andy C and Anderson C. AC to the max in 2018 NYE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580January 4, 2018 9:03 PM

The show got slightly higher ratings than before Kathy due to the fact people tuned in to see how it was going to be without her. CNN was banking on that. It was built in. In the end I think they were just happy it didn't tank.

by Anonymousreply 581January 5, 2018 12:54 AM

It did tank - it got bad reviews and the audience won't be back

by Anonymousreply 582January 5, 2018 12:56 AM

The ratings were up - but ratings were up on every channel mostly due to the weather as mentioned by other posters and in r459. Even Bravo / Andy fans hated it. He's not going to subject himself to a second year of this criticism / embarrassment while freezing his ass off for a check he doesn't need. I think Kathy genuinely enjoyed it. Andy seemed to be doing it for ego mostly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583January 5, 2018 2:21 AM

CNN has made the decision to fire Andy & bring on Don Lemon with Ms. Baldwin next near.

by Anonymousreply 584January 5, 2018 5:37 AM

Not only have they fired Anderson, but his hole pics are all over the internet now. Hacked from TOP Andy Cohen's phone!

Seriously r584 if you want to make stuff up...post a link.

by Anonymousreply 585January 5, 2018 5:40 AM

[quote]The show got slightly higher ratings than before Kathy due to the fact people tuned in to see how it was going to be without her.

Or, more people tuned in because they were glad Kathy wasn't going to be there and they could watch Anderson without her.

by Anonymousreply 586January 5, 2018 5:49 AM

I agree with 99% of the negative comments here, but do not try to tell me that you all won't be back hate watching them next year.

I

by Anonymousreply 587January 5, 2018 7:08 AM

If I am not asleep, I might... which is basically the same thing I say about watching anything else on Bravo. I highly doubt he'll be back. They both seemed incredibly miserable & probably wish they never did it.

by Anonymousreply 588January 5, 2018 7:23 AM

I see Andy's PR people are all over the thread. They must have been in shock the first few nights. Sorry Andy, you sucked and stunk up the airwaves. Go cry to your dealer when you place your extra large order for comfort coke.

by Anonymousreply 589January 5, 2018 8:23 AM

They did NOT get higher ratings, for the last God damn time. Kathy and Anderson's were better last year.

Look it up and shut up.

by Anonymousreply 590January 5, 2018 8:32 AM

As if their visits to WWHL aren't enough, who's idea was it to green light an entire segment with Cohen's parents? Like they're the party revelers everyone wants to hang with on New Year's Eve lol. Every other person Andy's age has parents that are a lot like his. Andy probably pushed hard for this with a low-budget angle.

by Anonymousreply 591January 5, 2018 11:59 AM

Someone upthread mentioned Sandra hosting. Well, Sandra B and Isaac Mizrahi were joking around on her Sirius show saying they should host a NYE show. Maybe start on cable access and go from there. I think they would be great! I could tell they were both unimpressed with ACs on NYE. Throwing some very subtle shade saying it basically sucked and they were playing it very safe.

by Anonymousreply 592January 5, 2018 12:11 PM

Lucky Anderson has been riding this for years. Wouldn't he rather stay home and warm? Why is he still thirsty?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593January 5, 2018 12:17 PM

I believe the term "hate watch" is being misused. The proper term should be "coma-inducing." You can't hate watch something that puts you to sleep. They were so boring and Andy was so obnoxious I had to mute them every few minutes because they sounded like whiny background noise. I doubt Andy will be asked back because watching him host was like watching a terrible audition stretched out over a four hour period.

by Anonymousreply 594January 5, 2018 12:43 PM

Let's hope Anderson loses the gig and Andy is sent back to Bravo hell where he belongs. They need all new hosts, new format. It sucked and both Andy and Anderson were terrible, despite Andy's attempts to be witty and funny, he is neither. America does not love him and Anderson showed how dull he actually is as a host without a strong cohost. The magic is gone without Kathy, and I'm not even a huge Kathy fan.

by Anonymousreply 595January 5, 2018 1:33 PM

Howard Stern was shocked to learn that AC2 was actually a tour....darn.

by Anonymousreply 596January 5, 2018 9:36 PM

This brilliant pairing is similar to the reworking of fashion police post Joan.

by Anonymousreply 597January 5, 2018 10:53 PM

Sandra Bernhardt is not funny. I don't know why people think she is. Same with that big fat giant chick who names titties. Not funny -Their humor doesn't play outside of new york glitterati who all go to shows and just rave about the latest FUNNY thing. I Bernhardt was funny she would not be making a living doing a crappy show on Cohen's satellite radio show.

by Anonymousreply 598January 5, 2018 11:33 PM

Sarah Silverman - preferably with Howard Stern instead of blockhead Cooper but she could probably save the thing, even with Coop. And it's probably too many hours for the same duo.

I was shocked that they replaced Don Lemon's show with another one -- usually they have a sub host and keep the name of the show the same. I'm worried he's on his way out- because of the kiss or drinking or whatever other reason they may have cooked up (the flying monkeys of the Trump admin?)

But someone said the schedule says he'll be back Monday and Tuesday

by Anonymousreply 599January 5, 2018 11:44 PM

Don Lemon could probably get work anyplace.

by Anonymousreply 600January 6, 2018 12:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!