Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Princess Michael of Kent wears racist brooch to meeting with Meghan Markle

As an biracial American, I must ask.... WTF!?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487January 5, 2019 11:41 PM

DEAR OP please upload your clothing ensemble so we can criticise every little detail

by Anonymousreply 1December 21, 2017 10:49 PM

I don't know about jewelry being (isn't all of it made from gold and silver mined by slave labor?) but it's a rather impressive piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 2December 21, 2017 10:52 PM

I love how all the outraged tweets are from non-poc.

by Anonymousreply 3December 21, 2017 10:52 PM

Yikes.

[quote]It's unclear whether the princess wore the brooch to intentionally make an offensive statement, or whether it was a clueless decision wear the tone-deaf accessory. But to wear it at all—especially at an event where a celebrated biracial duchess-to-be would attend—is simply inappropriate.

Well, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

[quote]It would be easier to look the other way if the princess didn't have history of racism—but she unfortunately does. In 2004, she reportedly told a group of black customers in a West Village, NYC restaurant to "go back to the colonies" after she complained that they were being noisy.

Oh, nevermind.

Wow, I hope this doesn't become a regular thing.

Is there protocol for combating royal racism?

by Anonymousreply 4December 21, 2017 10:52 PM

[quote]Some might argue that European renditions of blackamoor art depicted black figures as noblemen, but they still exoticize people of color and are considered dated

It's one of those stories that only SJW poseurs get outraged about once you get to know the full details.

by Anonymousreply 5December 21, 2017 10:54 PM

I'm sure she thought "I'll wear this lovely pin with a black girl on it to show her how much we welcome her to the family."

Yup, that was it.

by Anonymousreply 6December 21, 2017 10:55 PM

FFS. Blackamoor was made as an amulet to ward off muslim pirates looking to kidnap people in Europe. The jewelry originated in Venice Italy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 21, 2017 10:55 PM

Prince Michael of Kent would be a more apt description. Caitlyn Jenner is more feminine looking than her highness.

She/he knew exactly what she was doing. Hopefully Meghan has thick cafe au lait skin. lol.

by Anonymousreply 8December 21, 2017 10:56 PM

Rut Roh!

by Anonymousreply 9December 21, 2017 10:57 PM

This bitch knew exactly what she was doing. Fuck the Royal Family. Bunch of stuck up twats.

by Anonymousreply 10December 21, 2017 10:58 PM

[quote]She/he knew exactly what she was doing

How do you know this? She's an elderly aristocrat with probably not much contact with modern political discourse. The chances that she knows what triggers neurotic 30-something female journalists in America are not that high. It is likely that by wearing a jewel depicting a Black aristocrat, she thought she was, in a very clueless way, welcoming her new relative into the fold.

by Anonymousreply 11December 21, 2017 10:59 PM

[QUOTE]It would be easier to look the other way if the princess didn't have history of racism—but she unfortunately does. In 2004, she reportedly told a group of black customers in a West Village, NYC restaurant to "go back to the colonies" after she complained that they were being noisy.

by Anonymousreply 12December 21, 2017 11:00 PM

R11 This isn't "modern political discourse". It is Post-Modern Cultural Marxism and very tiresome

by Anonymousreply 13December 21, 2017 11:01 PM

Oh, THANK GOD this happened. The SJWs hadn't been thrown a fresh outrage for at least 12 hours. Twitter almost collapsed.

by Anonymousreply 14December 21, 2017 11:01 PM

From her father's Wikipedia entry:

[quote]Günther Hubertus von Reibnitz (8 September 1894 – 2 March 1983) was a cavalry officer of the German Empire during the First World War. He joined the Nazi Party in 1930 and was a member of the SS Cavalry Corps.

Yeah, she knew what she was doing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 21, 2017 11:02 PM

Oh, for christ's sake, are the fucking SJWs this desperate for attention these days? Even though I'm a proud, card-carrying liberal, I think the SJW hijinks are getting insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 16December 21, 2017 11:04 PM

[quote]Yeah, she knew what she was doing.

"Her father was racist. Therefore she's very in touch with MY sensibilities and knows what would offend me." -- R15

Does that make any sense to you, r15?

by Anonymousreply 17December 21, 2017 11:04 PM

Aristocrat? Princess Pushy's mom was a hairdresser and at one point I believe they lived over a shop either in Europe or Australia. She has noble ties but grew up at some points very impoverished.

by Anonymousreply 18December 21, 2017 11:04 PM

What's tiresome to note here is how emblematic it is of the endless tirades of BS SJW 'journalism' and Twitter meltdowns and ad nauseum white guilt lashing we will have to endure in reporting and observation of Duchess Meg's doings and antics among the Royal Lions and their coterie for years to come.

by Anonymousreply 19December 21, 2017 11:05 PM

Dear OP, the British freed their slaves forty years before you Americans

by Anonymousreply 20December 21, 2017 11:07 PM

How exactly is wearing a brooch of a black person racist? If it had been a white person she might have been proclaiming white supremacy.

by Anonymousreply 21December 21, 2017 11:09 PM

Not surprised. It's expected. She is after all......

by Anonymousreply 22December 21, 2017 11:09 PM

How long did Britain have people in shackles before America even came into existence?

by Anonymousreply 23December 21, 2017 11:10 PM

R17, her father's history coupled with the brooch and the racists remarks in NYC brought me to that conclusion.

Of all the brooches she could have worn on that particular day, she chose that one, she didn't have to, but she did.

And some of you seem to enjoy calling people SJWs but not everyone opposed to offensive behavior is a social justice warrior.

by Anonymousreply 24December 21, 2017 11:10 PM

I don't know the princess personally but she probably agrees with me that this new American isn't suitable to be a princess.

This 'marriage' will last 5 years max.

by Anonymousreply 25December 21, 2017 11:15 PM

If anyone can find a picture of that bitch wearing the broach on any other occasion, us SJWs will surrender our outrage.

by Anonymousreply 26December 21, 2017 11:16 PM

Off the wedding guest list.

by Anonymousreply 27December 21, 2017 11:16 PM

Who is this pretentious wannbe royal and can be even nastier about her?

by Anonymousreply 28December 21, 2017 11:17 PM

I am not an SJW. I know this woman in person. She has stayed in my house and dined at my table. Because she is a friend of my ex.

No doubt in my mind that she did it on purpose.

We called her "The Princess for Rent."

by Anonymousreply 29December 21, 2017 11:18 PM

Amen r26. She did it very deliberately to establish dominance. Well too bad, Mike, Meghan won, you lost, take a nap and shove your racist pin up your flat bony non-existent ass.

by Anonymousreply 30December 21, 2017 11:19 PM

Dear R26 please don't consider our feelings. Please continue to be obnoxious as you are.

WE will ignore you.

by Anonymousreply 31December 21, 2017 11:20 PM

She knew what she what she was doing. She has dressers. It was in bad taste and certainly others could have pointed out to her that her intent in wearing it was questionable and would be questioned. Which makes it very clear what her intent was in wearing it.

by Anonymousreply 32December 21, 2017 11:26 PM

Nice way to steal the show!

by Anonymousreply 33December 21, 2017 11:27 PM

Deliciously cunty.

I don’t approve of her choice of jewelry. I think it was in poor taste and very deliberate. But damn if that wasn’t deliciously cunty.

by Anonymousreply 34December 21, 2017 11:32 PM

I like her style.

by Anonymousreply 35December 21, 2017 11:35 PM

What a crude, offensive thing to do. If this bigoted twit can be in the Royal Family, really, anyone can. No one is any position to object to Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 36December 21, 2017 11:37 PM

So, a sketchy person (Princess Michael) shaded another sketchy person (Meghan Markle) who's marrying a fool (Prince Harry).

by Anonymousreply 37December 21, 2017 11:37 PM

I love this anecdote about HRH Princess Michael of Kent:

She once waited for a cleaner to climb down off of a ladder so said cleaner could curtsy to her. Apparently, whenever a royal enters a room, one must curtsy. The cleaner climbed down and curtsied. Satisfied, Princess Michael walked through the room, and the cleaner climbed back up the ladder.

by Anonymousreply 38December 21, 2017 11:40 PM

She also used the word "niggardly" when referring to the portion sizes at the luncheon.

by Anonymousreply 39December 21, 2017 11:52 PM

There’s a lot of that going around, R39.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 21, 2017 11:58 PM

LOL what a cunt. You kind of have to admire her. Bitch knew exactly what she was doing. This has nothing to do with SJWs.

by Anonymousreply 41December 22, 2017 12:00 AM

Of course it was deliberate. These people are all about rules, etiquette and social cues. This is their whole lives.

by Anonymousreply 42December 22, 2017 12:00 AM

I don't care about the minor-Royals (see bitchy Anne, below) and care even less about this new Mulatto American interloper

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 22, 2017 12:05 AM

R37 Summed it up! Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 44December 22, 2017 12:09 AM

R8 Princess Michael of Kent was actually rather beautiful when young

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 22, 2017 12:11 AM

Princess Michael LIVES in Kensington Palace too. Oh that's rich and makes this definitely not an accident. There's been several unflattering articles about her released recently including one calling her Princess Pushy, I thought that was Megs nickname!

by Anonymousreply 46December 22, 2017 12:14 AM

That old cunt should have worn her earrings from the Duchess of Windsor to complete the ensemble.

She's beyond stupid, and that's saying a lot in this group.

by Anonymousreply 47December 22, 2017 12:17 AM

Good God, some people will find something wrong with anything. Princess Michael is class through and through and would never intentionally wear something racist. She would have too much respect for the Queen, as well as Meghan. This is must more pandering to morons by the part of the British press who hate the royals with a passion.

by Anonymousreply 48December 22, 2017 12:19 AM

R32 No dressers. You would be surprised how poor most royals are. Most live in "subsidized housing." They make some money on book sales and TV appearances. They "dine out" seven nights a week on their status, but have no real jobs and less allowance from the gov't.

Princess Michael stays with people all over the world who think it glam to have her at their dinner parties. She appears at Fundraisers like "Save Venice" because rich Americans know that they will get their pictures with her in TOWN & COUNTRY. I saw her swimming in the Cipriani pool the day after Diana's death. They are mercenaries.

by Anonymousreply 49December 22, 2017 12:21 AM

As a lower rung royal she’s not unlike our societally ostracized president. She revels at being intentionally tone deaf. Wherever she dines tomorrow dozens will coyly congratulate her for her courage.

The other BILLIONS of other people in the world will, if they ever hear about it, spit.

by Anonymousreply 50December 22, 2017 12:23 AM

Grandees have fetishized blackamore decor forever. She KNEW what she was doing.

by Anonymousreply 51December 22, 2017 12:24 AM

She's choosing to marry into an outdated institution. She knows what she's signing up for.

by Anonymousreply 52December 22, 2017 12:25 AM

R50 "Lower rung" doesn't do it justice. Her husband is the second son of the fourth son of George V. And because he married her (a catholic) he is removed from the succession.

by Anonymousreply 53December 22, 2017 12:27 AM

I definitely believe it was intentional. I am biracial myself, but oddly enough i'm not bothered by it. I think that woman is very bold for doing that, knowing her father was a Nazi and knowing that she has a history of doing this.Let's be honest, she's very old and she's royalty, she thinks she's better than all of us anyways and she's just not as able (or as willing) to hide her contempt for us, unlike the other royals. Because of this I kind of respect her. I do feel sorry for Meghan, how awful for her to marry into this family where you will always be made to feel like shit.

by Anonymousreply 54December 22, 2017 12:30 AM

Why is she such a bitch all the time, r29? Aside from the usual, she's a royal, entitlement etc. Is she just a miserable asshole or is she one of those "I can has trolling is hilarious for the lulz" types who immediately gets wounded when you threaten to punch her teeth down her throat "because it was only a bit of fun".

by Anonymousreply 55December 22, 2017 12:31 AM

R23 zero years. That’s how long. Slavery has never been legal in Britain. It was put into law by Henry VIII. That’s why you never see images of slave field hands in historical movies, because there weren’t any. There haven’t been slaves in Britain since the Romans left. Slavery in British foreign territories started in 1640, long after the US started being colonized.

R39 the word niggardly has no racist meaning. Really. Try a dictionary once in a while. It is an old English word meaning stingy, it came to Middle English via the Scandinavian Swedish word nygg. Your offended sensibilities can be unclenched.

I have no personal knowledge of Pushy but everything I’ve ever read about her makes me believe this was a not so subtle dig. She has form for being a cunt. I read somewhere that Lizzie dislikes her and refers to her as ‘our Val’, short for Valkyrie.

by Anonymousreply 56December 22, 2017 12:31 AM

New DL Fave, Princess Michael of Kent!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 22, 2017 12:32 AM

Jealous of my insouciant cuntiness, bitches?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58December 22, 2017 12:37 AM

Don't worry about it, Sooty.

by Anonymousreply 59December 22, 2017 12:42 AM

That's "Kent"—with an E.

by Anonymousreply 60December 22, 2017 12:44 AM

I happen to love Marie-Christine but I’ll admit that wearing a black moor brooch was pretty tone-deaf to the times. However in the scheme of things she’s pretty irrelevant: she’s the wife of The Queen’s cousin. Her cousin isn’t even THE Duke of Kent, he’s a cadet line and doesn’t even get a state salary. After Charles succeeds HM people like the Kents won’t matter at all. The focus will be on Charles and his brood only, and Meghan will be a part of that. Marie-Christine will need to pick up more speaking engagements or write more books.

by Anonymousreply 61December 22, 2017 12:44 AM

Dear R23. Here is an easy-to-understand video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 22, 2017 12:45 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63December 22, 2017 12:47 AM

Princess Michael needs to write or plagarize more books?

by Anonymousreply 64December 22, 2017 12:57 AM

How sad the lovely Princess had to be subjected to that vile Conrad Black who is an ex-con.

by Anonymousreply 65December 22, 2017 12:58 AM

Has anyone read any of Princess Michael's books? Are they any good?

by Anonymousreply 66December 22, 2017 1:02 AM

I actually liked "Crowned in a Far Country: Portraits of Eight Royal Brides", R66.

by Anonymousreply 67December 22, 2017 1:09 AM

Princess Michael of CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 68December 22, 2017 1:09 AM

Thanks, R67.

by Anonymousreply 69December 22, 2017 1:18 AM

[quote] it's a rather impressive piece of work.

Oh, she definitely is.

by Anonymousreply 70December 22, 2017 1:20 AM

Agree with R67, that book was pretty good. Light reading you can finish in a few hours.

by Anonymousreply 71December 22, 2017 1:22 AM

She's a whore, and her pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 72December 22, 2017 1:25 AM

How can Meghan get even or show her up? She needs to stand up to these dried old cunts if she's going to cut the brakes on Wills and Kate's royal carriage and be KWEEN someday!

by Anonymousreply 73December 22, 2017 1:33 AM

The author of that article better never go to Miami then. Blackamoor jewelry is beloved of older Cuban women,something to do with guarding against the evil eye or whatnot. I doubt meghan even noticed it.

by Anonymousreply 74December 22, 2017 1:34 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 22, 2017 1:37 AM

Why dose she have a man's name?

by Anonymousreply 76December 22, 2017 1:55 AM

[quote]Of all the brooches she could have worn on that particular day, she chose that one, she didn't have to, but she did.

And you know that bitch isn't hurting for jewelry. She did it on purpose, and it's outrageous that she's such a fucking cunt. She's always been a cunt, but this is kicking it up a notch.

by Anonymousreply 77December 22, 2017 1:56 AM

Please, England isn't Cuba you idiot!

by Anonymousreply 78December 22, 2017 2:02 AM

I'm not worried about Meghan, she strikes me as someone who'll get these so called royal assholes together in a heartbeat. She's sweet but I believe Meghan is a very tough cookie. she knows exactly what she's getting herself into. She's going to be fine.

by Anonymousreply 79December 22, 2017 2:05 AM

Is there a dramatic moment in film or TV that might capture the essence of the ensuing showdown???

by Anonymousreply 80December 22, 2017 2:08 AM

R76, she is the wife of Prince Michael, hence she is called the Princess Michael.

by Anonymousreply 81December 22, 2017 2:10 AM

[R53] Prince Michael was reinstated to the line of succession on 26 March 2015 with the successful passing of the Succession to the Crown Act 2013 and is now 45th in line.

by Anonymousreply 82December 22, 2017 2:10 AM

OP, there are many more important things in life. You need to let it go.

by Anonymousreply 83December 22, 2017 2:11 AM

I knew her in the early 2000’s when she was palling around with the ultimate reprobate Robert Devorik. She is as repulsive as you imagine and then some. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 84December 22, 2017 2:14 AM

Again--who the hell is she and why does she matter?

by Anonymousreply 85December 22, 2017 2:15 AM

R84 here. Sorry, Roberto.

by Anonymousreply 86December 22, 2017 2:16 AM

Von Reibnitz is the original princess pushy. She is a cunt's cunt.

by Anonymousreply 87December 22, 2017 2:17 AM

R85 she doesn’t matter. I think that’s the central tragedy of her life.

by Anonymousreply 88December 22, 2017 2:22 AM

Princess Michael comes from a long line of infamous Nazis . Her father was also a loud mouth embarrassment!

Meghan has her work cut out for her. Not being from a professional black family...and the white side of her family appears to be white trash, something that always terrifies the black bourgeoisie, that is their sons bringing home an ordinary white girl. Meghan is an actress, Joan River's maintained that actors were American Royalty ..what a joke...many actors on the red carpet worked in a supermarket two years before hitting it big in the movies...well, whatever it's ridiculous....all of Meghan's baggage could cost her some points later.

If she were smart she would chose the reticence of the black bourgeoisie...even Mrs. Obama didn't go that route... There are photos of Alexander Pushkin's grand daughter just before the Russian Revolution, ...because the Pushkins frequented noble circles, they were more inclined to embrace the values and demeanor of those circles...photos revealed that they were low key and tasteful...at least that's how they looked from their photos. There were/are white Europeans who claim Pushkin ancestry...some ironically were South African.

We should wish Meghan the best of luck, she's going to need it.... She's not the first... African blood flows through many in European nobility, as does the blood of a maid or butler...it would have been interesting to have seen Diana's reaction...after all she was an aristocrat!

A Royal Princess in Liechtenstein (another woman of color) is far more low-key in appearance and to get along with her Royal in-laws...ski trips etc.

by Anonymousreply 89December 22, 2017 2:24 AM

She has an interesting family tree. On her mother’s side she is descended from various princely houses in the former Holy Roman Empire. On her father’s side they were German barons, she herself was born a baroness.

by Anonymousreply 90December 22, 2017 2:25 AM

After seeing so many threads like this where someone posts an article about race, trans, whatever and the first several replies are "the female SJWs have ruined everything and besides Blackamoor art is flattering, how do stupid blacks not know this," I've decided DL is populated with a few alt-righties deliberately spamming the place.

You see it on Twitter, too -- alt-right trolls who share a thread in their little chatrooms, and get a whole bunch of replies from their fellow trolls backing them up.

There's probably some troll chatroom where one guy obsessed with DL posts his trollbait links.

by Anonymousreply 91December 22, 2017 2:27 AM

Liechtenstein princes and princesses aren’t royal, they’re ‘princely’ which is great and higher than ‘noble’ but they’re not royal. They use Serene Highness not Royal Highness.

Nevertheless Princess Angela made a good catch with that Liechtenstein prince, that family is loaded. They’re richer the Windsors.

by Anonymousreply 92December 22, 2017 2:28 AM

Princess Michael of Kent is a cunt. In fact, that is the only thing I know about her; that most of the royal family barely tolerates her, because she is a loathsome cunt. Her reputation seemed to soften quite a bit with time, but I would not give her the benefit of the doubt.

by Anonymousreply 93December 22, 2017 2:30 AM

Princess Pushy's gonna make herself as unpopular with the new generation as with the old.

by Anonymousreply 94December 22, 2017 2:31 AM

^^^she’ll be a nobody once Charles becomes king. Whatever she says won’t matter, her and her husband and the rest of the Queen’s cousins are going to be cut loose.

by Anonymousreply 95December 22, 2017 2:33 AM

She's long been known and praised as a cunt here on DL. The people claiming otherwise are newbies and interlopers. We had her number years ago.

by Anonymousreply 96December 22, 2017 2:34 AM

Dear DLers, here's something that will improve your lives without having to do Sweet FA. The following quote from this thread read: "...she reportedly told a group of black customers in a West Village, NYC restaurant to..." Do you see the word "REPORTEDLY"???????? THAT, children, means this is an unsubstantiated quote. Furthermore, the quote is being used to cast bad things onto Marie Christine. I am no great supporter of inappropriate behaviour. I do object to BS like this being taken as gospel because it's in print or online.

That's my comment. Consider it my first and last PSA. Before you believe anything to be true, look at it from different angles [I was going to write 'angels', just to stir the pot]. And lastly, before I dissolve back into the noodles, imagine everything you've said and done since age 13 was available for global viewing. WHAT WOULD THE WAIRLD think of you?

by Anonymousreply 97December 22, 2017 2:34 AM

The Queen knew about it before she wore it. Otherwise, P M would have been raked over the Royal coals. She was once despatched by The Queen to a funeral and told to use a 'black' bag as an accessory. She used a black bag with gold clasps. Next day a memo from Her Majesty to P M read, "I say black I mean black. Not a black bag with gold clasps."

by Anonymousreply 98December 22, 2017 2:42 AM

Everything gets signed off by the palace, I’m sure that brooch was vetted beforehand.

by Anonymousreply 99December 22, 2017 2:44 AM

Princess Michael is a Nazi whore.

by Anonymousreply 100December 22, 2017 2:45 AM

Oh good god do you really think they have to give Lizzie a quick ring a ding and let her know what they’re wearing? Ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 101December 22, 2017 2:46 AM

The Queen quietly put her in her place not long after her marriage in , saying "Oh, she's much too grand for us."

by Anonymousreply 102December 22, 2017 2:57 AM

^ That sounds like second-hand gossip

by Anonymousreply 103December 22, 2017 2:59 AM

This Hungarian whore would still be selling her pussy and doing anal fisting granny porn, if she had not married Prince Michael of Kent.

by Anonymousreply 104December 22, 2017 3:00 AM

I feel so sorry for Meghan. The media was awful to Diana, for pete's sake, and she was English and posh and not mixed-race. Imagine the nastiness they'll heap on poor Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 105December 22, 2017 3:02 AM

^The media was used by Diana. She manipulated the media every day from the moment she got involved with Chuck. She thought she could keep them in line and not report on her many affairs but she miscalculated. Live by the sword die by the sword.

by Anonymousreply 106December 22, 2017 3:05 AM

She went on a Brazilian talkshow and spoke about how wonderful colonial Brazil was and called the Brazilian slaves wonderful laborers. Brazilian slavery was 10 times more brutal and larger than the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 22, 2017 3:08 AM

R107 She says that from 3:20 to 4:35

by Anonymousreply 108December 22, 2017 3:10 AM

Princess Michael of Kent is Capricorn. How does wearing that brooch contribute to her ambitions and steadily climbing the mountain top?

by Anonymousreply 109December 22, 2017 3:14 AM

Princess Pushy 1 and Princess Pushy 2.

by Anonymousreply 110December 22, 2017 3:15 AM

TOTALLY WEIRD that the Daily Mail isn't 'covering' this.

by Anonymousreply 111December 22, 2017 3:25 AM

Are blackamoors the jewelry equivalent of lawn jockeys?

by Anonymousreply 112December 22, 2017 3:44 AM

She's made racist remarks in the past. Nothing new and no one should be surprised when you remember her father was an authentic Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 113December 22, 2017 4:23 AM

Don't worry about it, Raghead.

by Anonymousreply 114December 22, 2017 4:27 AM

The Royals are not coy about their bigotry and racism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115December 22, 2017 4:30 AM

[quote] I feel so sorry for Meghan. The media was awful to Diana, for pete's sake, and she was English and posh and not mixed-race. Imagine the nastiness they'll heap on poor Meghan.

Why would they be? They have been supernice to Kate Middleton.

by Anonymousreply 116December 22, 2017 4:36 AM

[quote] I feel so sorry for Meghan.

Oh, me too! Her life is so hard.

by Anonymousreply 117December 22, 2017 4:37 AM

Waaaiitt! The Royal Family has already assigned Sparkles' meeting with "Princess" Michael of Kent? What's next, Sparkles' vacationing with the "Princesses" Eugenie, Beatrice, and Monaco's Princess Stephanie?

Oh, Shit! Run, Sparkle, Run! It's not going to get any better from here!

by Anonymousreply 118December 22, 2017 4:53 AM

Perhaps Tracey Ullman can give her a treatment.

by Anonymousreply 119December 22, 2017 5:44 AM

As usual, people finding something where there is nothing in order to make something out of it.

by Anonymousreply 120December 22, 2017 5:56 AM

Look, the girl is marrying someone who thought it was alright to dress up in a Nazi uniform one Halloween about 10 years ago. Obviously, making poor choices runs rampant in that family.

by Anonymousreply 121December 22, 2017 6:00 AM

R120 We have to whine about something..

by Anonymousreply 122December 22, 2017 6:26 AM

This woman is batshit, this what she said in 2004

I'm not racist, says princess, I even pretended to be 'half-caste'

"I even pretended years ago to be an African, a half-caste African, but because of my light eyes I did not get away with it, but I dyed my hair black," Princess Michael said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123December 22, 2017 6:32 AM

One hundred and twenty plus replies in, and it's OK that Harry wore a Nazi uniform to a costume party? Oh wait, he's a hot ginge. This is Datalounge. Nevermind.

by Anonymousreply 124December 22, 2017 7:51 AM

Racist bitch.

by Anonymousreply 125December 22, 2017 8:20 AM

R124 if you actually read Datalounge you would know it was a tasteless costume party he went to, and that was the point - some asshole just snapped some pics of him and sold them - and two, he was young and sheltered. He isn't a Nazi. And he got in trouble for it. That's why no one cares about your Whataboutism fallacy. The Princess in this case knew what she was doing and has a habit of loving that she is a royal, and seems to think British colonialism was a good thing, and therefore this little statement jewelry from her was an intentional affront. She's a cunt. No amount of "but but look over here! Whatabout this!!" is going to change that.

by Anonymousreply 126December 22, 2017 8:23 AM

If she wasn't already shown to be a total racist, perhaps I would be more inclined to believe it was supposed to be complimentary, but I am sure it was another "go back to the colonies" moment.

by Anonymousreply 127December 22, 2017 8:28 AM

[quote]Slavery has never been legal in Britain. It was put into law by Henry VIII. That’s why you never see images of slave field hands in historical movies, because there weren’t any. There haven’t been slaves in Britain since the Romans left.

Well, not strictly true. Serfdom was outlawed in 1574. Bonded labour was a thing for a very long time and led to the Peasants' Revolt. It was slavery without importation. A few black Africans were brought to the UK to work as servants. I don't think they had much choice in the matter but were treated less brutally than those in the US.

by Anonymousreply 128December 22, 2017 8:35 AM

R126 Harry may have been sheltered growing up. But that Nazi costume was completely tasteless. There's no excuse for that. Aren't the privileged well educated? He knew better than to where something like that.

by Anonymousreply 129December 22, 2017 8:35 AM

She usually vacations in South Africa with her family quietly mourning the passing of apartheid...

by Anonymousreply 130December 22, 2017 8:42 AM

[quote] she’ll be a nobody once Charles becomes king. Whatever she says won’t matter, her and her husband and the rest of the Queen’s cousins are going to be cut loose.

The Queen subsidizes her rent on her Kensington Palace Apartment

by Anonymousreply 131December 22, 2017 8:42 AM

It's like the brooch is saying 'Hey, there's something I'd like to broach'.

by Anonymousreply 132December 22, 2017 8:45 AM

In that photo she looks like an older version of the recent Katie Holmes . Wtf?

by Anonymousreply 133December 22, 2017 9:00 AM

Megan has an American high school bitch face. I imagine her response to the broach would be something like 'ewww like what a tasteless broach princess. ...like ewww...like we are sooo not gonna be friends.'

by Anonymousreply 134December 22, 2017 9:09 AM

Don't be jealous of my beauty, horz!

by Anonymousreply 135December 22, 2017 9:16 AM

'Oh my gaaaad. ....like wow.....like oh my gaaad '

by Anonymousreply 136December 22, 2017 9:18 AM

Megan is far too wrapped up in her little high school fantasy come true to notice. She'll soon come down to earth when reality sinks in. I give this marriage 5 years tops.

by Anonymousreply 137December 22, 2017 9:26 AM

[quote]But that Nazi costume was completely tasteless. There's no excuse for that

It was a tasteless costume party, dipshit. You've probably never bitched about a costume in your life before desperately trying to win this thread.

by Anonymousreply 138December 22, 2017 9:29 AM

Stupid racist bitch did it deliberately, evil ugly twat.

by Anonymousreply 139December 22, 2017 9:45 AM

I am confused. I always thought the Blackamoors were quite elegant. I thought that they, while not royalty, were certainly on an elevated level of society in their time. In New Orleans, some of the grandest Garden District homes have Blackamoor figures.

They certainly are not analogous to lawn jockeys. That is beyond ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 140December 22, 2017 9:48 AM

r139 I agree. It was definitely a planned swipe a Meghan. My cousin in married to a Brit, and the cunt is one of the cruelest people I've ever met.

by Anonymousreply 141December 22, 2017 9:54 AM

Here's something Meghan can wear to their next meeting.

She would immediately win the hearts of millions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142December 22, 2017 10:00 AM

Mother!

by Anonymousreply 143December 22, 2017 10:01 AM

LOL R14

by Anonymousreply 144December 22, 2017 10:14 AM

R141. Oh yes whereas the Americans are lovely, totally unracist people.....who welcome huddled masses only to segregate them. Also you lot are so sane and rational haha

by Anonymousreply 145December 22, 2017 10:18 AM

It's important for Meghan to know her place upfront.

HRH has undertaken the necessary task in as gracious a manner as possible.

by Anonymousreply 146December 22, 2017 10:22 AM

r56,

[quote]Princess Michael of Kent* became known as the Pushy Princess after insisting that Thorn EMI (a record company) send her 10 color television sets for her servants' quarters before she'd attend a cocktail party. Th TV sets arrived--and so did the Princess-for-hire.

[quote]She showed a basic understanding of the commerce for royal patronage. Walking by Mozafarian Jewelers on Beauchamp Place in London, she spotted a decorative ivory bear in the window. "It cost $1,000," said the owner's daughter, "and she wanted it. So my father said 'Wrap it up. for her.'" The Princess walked out with the fanciful object, and her personal secretary sent a thank-you note, which the owner then displayed in a gold frame.

[quote]*The Queen and Prince Philip refer to the six-foot blond princess as "Our Val" because of her strong resemblance to the Valkyries, warrior maidens of German myth. When asked by a magazine what he would give his worst enemy for Christmas, Viscount Linley (son of Lord Snowdon and Princess Margaret) quipped "Dinner with Princess Michael."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147December 22, 2017 10:24 AM

OOh r31, I love your shade!

by Anonymousreply 148December 22, 2017 10:41 AM

The Crown Series 5, Episode 6: "The Blackamoor War"

Miss Oprah Winfry as Meghan Markle.

Miss Meryl "I Saw Nothin!" Streep as HRH The Princess Michael of Kent.

by Anonymousreply 149December 22, 2017 10:52 AM

R124 it was a "bad taste" party so he wore a nazi costume. One of the guests took a photo, sold it to the papers. The press ran the story without ever explaining why he was dressed like that. It wasn't the smartest decision but he was very young.

The Princess on the other hand is a notorious bitch and attention seeker. As the two posters on here who have met can her attest, she did it on purpose. No doubt.

by Anonymousreply 150December 22, 2017 11:10 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151December 22, 2017 11:21 AM

Of course deep down Harry must realize that his future son and daughter in law will be just as irrelevant and despised as the Michaels of Kent once he and William are gone.

by Anonymousreply 152December 22, 2017 11:26 AM

R124 While the vast majority can agree on racism and condemn it, when it comes to anti-Jewish bigotry and hatred, it is excused with "mitigating circumstances" or "didn't mean any harm", reconfirming just how entrenched and acceptable it is. See this entire thread for details.

by Anonymousreply 153December 22, 2017 11:26 AM

British people.

by Anonymousreply 154December 22, 2017 11:54 AM

So ironic...a site full of usually racist Americans (check out many threads..you lot are obsessed with ethnicity) all feigning disgust over a broach, and wagging a disapproving finger at British Royalty for being insensitive haha oh the delicious irony.

by Anonymousreply 155December 22, 2017 12:00 PM

As if many of you are really offended by this...please get real.

by Anonymousreply 156December 22, 2017 12:05 PM

She is a Silisean grandee, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 157December 22, 2017 12:05 PM

[quote]a site full of usually racist Americans (check out many threads..you lot are obsessed with ethnicity) all feigning disgust over a broach, and wagging a disapproving finger at British Royalty for being insensitive haha oh the delicious irony.

Americans love finger-pointing, moral outrage/superiority and finger wagging. Since DL is ostensibly a gay site, it's not their fingers they're wagging.

by Anonymousreply 158December 22, 2017 12:11 PM

R158. Are you English like me?

by Anonymousreply 159December 22, 2017 12:18 PM

Princess Michael had a Russian lover who was murdered and she was accused of plagiarism.

by Anonymousreply 160December 22, 2017 12:23 PM

A a brooch cannot be racist. It is an inanimate object. The brooch itself is an iconic design.

by Anonymousreply 161December 22, 2017 12:30 PM

[quote]Princess Michael had a Russian lover who was murdered and she was accused of plagiarism.

We've ALL had Russian lovers who were murdered. But charging dear Marie-Christine with plagiarism for chasing slav cock is going a little too far.

by Anonymousreply 162December 22, 2017 12:33 PM

Oh, brother. When the racists start pulling out the attempts to disprove you via grammar, you know they're desperate.

R161, we all understand what "racist brooch" means, just like we all know that if the OP had said "brooch used as a vehicle to express racist attitudes" you'd just come up with some other lame excuse to make it seem okay.

Speaking of definitions, dear heart, all major dictionaries list "blackamoor" as "dated" and/or "offensive."

by Anonymousreply 163December 22, 2017 12:36 PM

Most of you on this site are doing this Meghan chick bidding. I don't even think she cares so much about a brooch but most of you are so worked up. I am sure she more happy to be marrying into that racist family that she could care less.

by Anonymousreply 164December 22, 2017 12:37 PM

R163, you really do not get when your leg is being pulled, do you?

by Anonymousreply 165December 22, 2017 12:43 PM

[quote]When asked by a magazine what he would give his worst enemy for Christmas, Viscount Linley (son of Lord Snowdon and Princess Margaret) quipped "Dinner with Princess Michael."

Ha!

Didn’t Vanity Fair do a story about what a bitch she is?

by Anonymousreply 166December 22, 2017 12:59 PM

[quote](check out many threads..you lot are obsessed with ethnicity)

Irony proof.

by Anonymousreply 167December 22, 2017 1:01 PM

[quote]all major dictionaries list "blackamoor" as "dated" and/or "offensive."

Not the Breitbart New World Dictionary (paid for and distibuted by the Mercers) that all good online Schutzstaffel refer to.

Never forget their greasy, gay Brit put DL on their Monitor-Invade-Disrupt list long before he started creating college "protests," dreaming of fellating Orange, or promoting pedophilia.

by Anonymousreply 168December 22, 2017 1:27 PM

I wish I could personally thank her for destroying Blackamoor jewelry. Dealing in vintage jewelry for some time, I have never heard it referred to as racist. It was created as a form of art and may have seen it's time but now no one will be able to wear it now without being thought of as racist.

as far as the way Princess Micheal comes across, she seems like an idiot so wonder if she meant it to be racist at all.

but thanks to whoever pointed it out and made it into a racism thing. it used to be just beautiful highly sought after jewelry

by Anonymousreply 169December 22, 2017 2:20 PM

I don't know any rich old women that wear a brooch like that- just like most of them gave up stone-martin stoles.

by Anonymousreply 170December 22, 2017 2:35 PM

Good for Princess Michael for doing what we were all thinking. This American halfbreed has no business marrying into the Royal family. I blame William for starting the trend by marrying that commoner.

by Anonymousreply 171December 22, 2017 2:39 PM

I'm off to meet Harry's bride to be, whom I understand is half-nigger -- won't it be a laugh if I pin a black to my lapel?

by Anonymousreply 172December 22, 2017 2:40 PM

[QUOTE]as far as the way Princess Micheal comes across, she seems like an idiot so wonder if she meant it to be racist at all.

Ignorance is no excuse for racism. And I’d argue that she did it on purpose so really there’s no ignorance case to be made as far as I’m concerned.

by Anonymousreply 173December 22, 2017 2:41 PM

I don't think in Italy it was considered racist. In this context, it is.

by Anonymousreply 174December 22, 2017 2:42 PM

This is why they need to make a third series of "The Windsors" and introduce a Princess Michael character.

by Anonymousreply 175December 22, 2017 2:43 PM

Meghan is happy to be the white passing biracial marrying into that family that she won't let a brooch stay in her way. You guys are doing the most, Meghan probably can't wait to be referred to as a dutchess. Ambitious sparkle does not appreciate you guys trying to mess things up for her.

by Anonymousreply 176December 22, 2017 2:44 PM

What's with women named Michael?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 22, 2017 2:46 PM

With that thing she's wearing on her head, you noticed the brooch?

by Anonymousreply 178December 22, 2017 2:47 PM

[quote]Meghan is happy to be the white passing biracial marrying into that family

English racism at its finest. "You have to pass as white to marry into the royal family, and that's what this cunning mulatto is doing, sullying the purity of our monarchy."

by Anonymousreply 179December 22, 2017 2:48 PM

R177 - his commoner wife has to take his name (eg. it's Princess Michael of Kent, not Princess Marie-Christine of Kent). Only women BORN INTO the Royal Family get to use their own name (eg. Princess Beatrice of York). Women who MARRY INTO the Royal Family are screwed!

by Anonymousreply 180December 22, 2017 2:51 PM

She's a gold digger alright...she apparently moved to London to bag a lord. Looks like she struck the jackpot. Cunning whore!

by Anonymousreply 181December 22, 2017 2:51 PM

Although she’d never admit it publicly, the Queen must be disappointed her family have sunk so low. The scandals, divorces and now this. She must be quietly wishing for a swift departure from this earth.

by Anonymousreply 182December 22, 2017 2:51 PM

R177 - also, if the Queen doesn't bestow a Dukedom on Harry, Meghan will be Princess Henry of Wales. How delicious!

by Anonymousreply 183December 22, 2017 2:52 PM

R179. Yes as opposed to your American racism where your cops just shoot blacks in broad daylight.

by Anonymousreply 184December 22, 2017 2:54 PM

[quote]Good for Princess Michael for doing what we were all thinking. This American [bold]halfbreed[/bold] [...]

LOL at this and similar comments, just open, leering racism. The sun never sets on the British Empire because there's always open sewage somewhere!

R184, whataboutism at its finest! And of course we all know who seeded racism in the US -- remind us, who first bought Africans in the 1600s and 1700s and brought them to the colonies and treated them worse than dogs?

by Anonymousreply 185December 22, 2017 2:55 PM

It's not the fact she's mixed race so much as she's a vulgar American. Yes, the Queen must be dismayed it's come to this. I'm sure she'd rather have Diana back than this Yank opportunist.

by Anonymousreply 186December 22, 2017 2:57 PM

Meghan Markle will become Princess Harry? 😂

by Anonymousreply 187December 22, 2017 2:57 PM

r185 I agree with most of what you're saying, but the Dutch were actually the first to bring African slaves to the American colonies.

by Anonymousreply 188December 22, 2017 2:58 PM

isn't racism ridiculous. if you cut open a white person and you cut open a black person they are exactly the same inside. There is no difference in our brains or our organs.

I read about a teacher that taught her kids about racism. She would take a brown egg and a white egg and break them both open. She showed the kids that they were exactly alike inside.

So we base our racism strictly on A COLOR. nothing more. so ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 189December 22, 2017 2:59 PM

[quote]It's not the fact she's mixed race so much

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190December 22, 2017 3:00 PM

[quote]so much as she's a vulgar American.

Your nation grovels so much to the US that you've become a complete embarrassment -- why not just make it official and make all the royals American too?

by Anonymousreply 191December 22, 2017 3:01 PM

I feel so sorry for the Queen. ..for shame. Still the old dear is 91 and probably doesn't know what day it is half the time.

by Anonymousreply 192December 22, 2017 3:01 PM

The Queen is very sharp. How dare you.

by Anonymousreply 193December 22, 2017 3:02 PM

[quote]but the Dutch were actually the first to bring African slaves to the American colonies.

Brought to a very willing market of British buyers.

by Anonymousreply 194December 22, 2017 3:04 PM

R191 we have to grovel darling...your mad president could nuke us. You are the psychos of the western world.

by Anonymousreply 195December 22, 2017 3:04 PM

We are talking about the tacky Princess Michael.

by Anonymousreply 196December 22, 2017 3:05 PM

The only thing America is good for is producing movies and hot tanned porn hunks.

by Anonymousreply 197December 22, 2017 3:05 PM

R187 - only if the Queen doesn't give him a Dukedom (which she is expected to do), Meghan will take his name and title (eg. Princess Henry of Wales - Henry being Harry's real name). She won't be Princess Meghan of Wales.

by Anonymousreply 198December 22, 2017 3:08 PM

What about that giant broach on top of her head?

by Anonymousreply 199December 22, 2017 3:09 PM

It is Strange r177........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200December 22, 2017 3:10 PM

Yikes. That's not the kind of thing you can do by accident.

by Anonymousreply 201December 22, 2017 3:12 PM

r197 Oh, go have your rotten British teeth fixed. They couldn't have a porn industry in the U.K.: the guys are too ugly.

by Anonymousreply 202December 22, 2017 3:14 PM

Why does a lowly cousin get to live on the palace anyway? It was on purpose - if that brooch was any higher on her jacket it would be on her ear.

by Anonymousreply 203December 22, 2017 3:14 PM

Meghan and Harry's kids have a shot at not looking like horses. That, alone, is good reason for the Queen to bless the marriage. Princess Michael seems like Margaret, but even more clueless.

by Anonymousreply 204December 22, 2017 3:15 PM

Why does every great institution need to be sullied by common muck? This obsession with having Presidents and now Royals who “are just like us” is nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 205December 22, 2017 3:18 PM

I hope this Markel girl doesn't take to wearing baseball caps backwards. A peculiar trait in that part of the colonies. When I was there there were so many caps and white socks I thought it was the 80s again.

by Anonymousreply 206December 22, 2017 3:18 PM

They both have long faces. Her eyes aren't as close set though.

by Anonymousreply 207December 22, 2017 3:18 PM

It’s about time they got some black blood in the royal family.

by Anonymousreply 208December 22, 2017 3:19 PM

Maybe she was wearing it ironically?

by Anonymousreply 209December 22, 2017 3:21 PM

R206 Good, stay home next time. When I was in the U.K. I thought if I saw one more cable stitched sweater I was going to vomit.

by Anonymousreply 210December 22, 2017 3:22 PM

Why does the royal family have to have black blood? Why does everything these days need to be multi cultural?

by Anonymousreply 211December 22, 2017 3:33 PM

[quote]Why does the royal family have to have black blood?

Why do you have to be such a fucking idiot?

by Anonymousreply 212December 22, 2017 3:34 PM

When Akiane was TEN years old she painted this portrait. I see that she has changed the explanation of it as she is now older but at the time she explained that this was how God showed her we all were. Mixed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213December 22, 2017 3:34 PM

The Queen may live for another ten years but there’s no guarantee, her mother lucked out. But even so, her reign is drawing to a close and Charles is being given more influence. Once The Queen is gone and Charles is king, these Kents and Gloucesters will fade in obscurity. Why should Charles support his mother’s cousins? It’s HIS brood that will be front and center. He and Camilla, William and Kate and their children, Harry and Meghan and their children. Yorks, Kents, Gloucesters, thanks for playing. He’ll probably keep the Wessex’s and the Princess Royal around for a bit though. They do a lot of hand shaking and ribbon cuttings, he’ll need some of that kind of help.

by Anonymousreply 214December 22, 2017 3:41 PM

I thought Charles got passed over and it was going straight to William?

by Anonymousreply 215December 22, 2017 3:43 PM

[quote]but the Dutch were actually the first to bring African slaves to the American colonies.

Muslims were slavers in Africa, Eastern Europe and Asia long before Europeans knew Africa existed. And Africans were just as complicit in the slave trade, turning over enemy tribes and unwanted members of their own tribes to slavers.

by Anonymousreply 216December 22, 2017 3:45 PM

Yep slavery is not as straight forward as many think. Those black tribal leaders betrayed they own people. Uh huhhh

by Anonymousreply 217December 22, 2017 3:48 PM

R211 it’s so that we can all end up with brown skin and dark eyes eventually. It’s kind of ironic that the master race is the one being bred to extinction.

by Anonymousreply 218December 22, 2017 3:49 PM

Jeezuzzzz Does this girl know what she is getting by marrying in to this inbred family? Runnnnn!

by Anonymousreply 219December 22, 2017 3:56 PM

Please, R218. Meghan’s kids are gonna be like 25% black and then they’ll end up marrying other white people since their whole world will consist of rich white people. So in this case, the blackness in Meghan’s bloodline is what’s disappearing.

by Anonymousreply 220December 22, 2017 3:57 PM

R219 $he know$ all too well!! $$$

by Anonymousreply 221December 22, 2017 3:58 PM

The same press outlets that push these non-scandals on us do everything in their power to cover u the real crimes committed by the Royals, and the institutionalized evil done in their name.

There are royal kiddie-fuckers and the press protects them.

by Anonymousreply 222December 22, 2017 4:01 PM

You do know the dress was borrowed, no? As for any major jewelry- that belongs to the family. It is merely used while she is in her position.

by Anonymousreply 223December 22, 2017 4:02 PM

OP resume sobbing into your tissue, you professional victim you.

by Anonymousreply 224December 22, 2017 4:02 PM

R223 my dear, everything is borrowed in this life. Having access to nice things is all that matters. I would love to “borrow” palaces, staff and endless holidays.

by Anonymousreply 225December 22, 2017 4:07 PM

Princess Pushy won't be laughing when she has to curtsy to Meghan

by Anonymousreply 226December 22, 2017 4:14 PM

My point was, that if she leaves it won't be with tiaras and $50,000 dresses.

by Anonymousreply 227December 22, 2017 4:15 PM

R227 "“What we leave behind in this life is the memory of who we were and what we did. An imprint, no more.”

by Anonymousreply 228December 22, 2017 4:20 PM

I believe the term you all are looking for is, "tone deaf."

by Anonymousreply 229December 22, 2017 4:21 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230December 22, 2017 4:21 PM

Do the Kent’s still reside at Kensington Palace? If so they’ll be neighbors! How delicious...

by Anonymousreply 231December 22, 2017 4:32 PM

R183 / R231 Please stop trying to make “delicious” a thing. You must live in LA.

by Anonymousreply 232December 22, 2017 4:37 PM

[quote]Princess Pushy won't be laughing when she has to curtsy to Meghan

The UK won't put up with the Monarchy much longer once it becomes a white minority nation.

by Anonymousreply 233December 22, 2017 4:48 PM

The British people bought that piece of jewelry and everything else that princess wears. Biggest welfare family in the world

by Anonymousreply 234December 22, 2017 4:49 PM

R234 nah, they have inherited wealth. Not like the US taxpayer footing the bill for every Trump family member.

by Anonymousreply 235December 22, 2017 5:16 PM

Up-thread there was a mention of Pushkin descendants. If I recall correctly, a branch married into the Mitford-Havens and the Mountbattens, so there is already some admixture of African ancestry among these aristocrats. Diana also had an ancestor who was from India. So, come on in Markle and don't let them intimidate you!

by Anonymousreply 236December 22, 2017 5:18 PM

[quote]Not like the US taxpayer footing the bill for every Trump family member

You called us racist for pointing out the luxurious lifestyle the Obama family enjoyed (and still do) at taxpayer expense.

by Anonymousreply 237December 22, 2017 5:19 PM

Why should the Brits care that she's biracial. My great-uncle said that during WWII, the British women would toss over great looking white American men to dance with black men during the canteens in London.

by Anonymousreply 238December 22, 2017 5:22 PM

Princess Michael of Kent looks like the quintessence of CUNT

by Anonymousreply 239December 22, 2017 5:28 PM

And her name sounds like a cunt name, even more like "Yolanda Bergman".

by Anonymousreply 240December 22, 2017 5:31 PM

That's nothing. Wait until she shows up at the wedding in blackface!

by Anonymousreply 241December 22, 2017 5:38 PM

Princess Michael is "very sorry" and the offending piece will be "retired"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242December 22, 2017 5:46 PM

Markle, the Elizabeth Warren of Black America.

Is hexadecaroon insensitive? Too soon?

All these eggshells, and me with only two feet. Pity.

by Anonymousreply 243December 22, 2017 5:46 PM

[quote]You called us racist

But you are, Blanche

by Anonymousreply 244December 22, 2017 5:48 PM

R237, shut the fuck up. The Trump family will cost the taxpayers more in one year than the Obama family cost in 8 years

by Anonymousreply 245December 22, 2017 5:48 PM

[quote] What about that giant broach on top of her head?

It's to keep what little brains she has from escaping.

by Anonymousreply 246December 22, 2017 5:53 PM

R237 asshole. Go back to Breitbart. The Obamas don't have any more luxurious lifestyle than any other ex-President. It just upsets you cause black folk should all be in the projects, n'est-ce pas?

by Anonymousreply 247December 22, 2017 5:54 PM

Ah... just peeking in...

It's turning into that kind of a thread, I see.

by Anonymousreply 248December 22, 2017 5:57 PM

Anyone who says the brooch isn’t racist or offensive is either willfully ignorant or lives under a rock

[quote]Dolce & Gabbana Black Figurine Earrings And Dress, Are They Racist?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249December 22, 2017 5:57 PM

[quote]In that photo she looks like an older version of the recent Katie Holmes . Wtf?

She looks like Voldemort wearing makeup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250December 22, 2017 5:58 PM

[quote]Gaudy, Sure—But Racist Too? Unpacking Centuries of 'Blackamoor' Art

[quote]The motif emerged as an artistic response to the European encounter with the Moors—dark-skinned Muslims from North Africa and the Middle East who came to occupy various parts of Europe during the Middle Ages. Commonly fixed in positions of servitude—as footmen or waiters, for example—the figures personify fantasies of racial conquest.

[quote]Gaudy by nature, and uncomfortably dated—a bit like the American lawn jockey, or Aunt Jemima doll [...]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251December 22, 2017 6:01 PM

Wow, our patron saint Bar Bush better up her cunt game if she wants to compete with this.

by Anonymousreply 252December 22, 2017 6:01 PM

r242 Sorry? Sorry? Ha!

by Anonymousreply 253December 22, 2017 6:02 PM

Well, that settles it, R249. If the great brains at the Huffington Post says it’s racist, then it’s racist!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254December 22, 2017 6:06 PM

Has Azealia Banks commented?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255December 22, 2017 6:09 PM

It's spelled "B R O O C H"--there is no "a" in the word, despite its pronunciation.

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 256December 22, 2017 6:11 PM

Diana Vreeland had a famous collection of blackamoor jewelry, mostly from Cartier.

by Anonymousreply 257December 22, 2017 6:13 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258December 22, 2017 6:14 PM

You don't sound like a black chap.

by Anonymousreply 259December 22, 2017 6:15 PM

r256 It is spelled "brooch" darling. Meghan, my dear, ignore what those filthy Royals say. Revel in the lifestyle and have many, many children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260December 22, 2017 6:17 PM

R258 meet R242

by Anonymousreply 261December 22, 2017 6:20 PM

Von Riebnitz is aging well.

by Anonymousreply 262December 22, 2017 6:32 PM

R138 No more of a dipshit then you are.

ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 263December 22, 2017 7:01 PM

When Harry and Meghan have their first child, she'll probably give the infant a Gollywog doll as a gift.

by Anonymousreply 264December 22, 2017 7:13 PM

It was wrong of her to apologize. A mixed race American piece of trash is marrying into the Royal family.

by Anonymousreply 265December 22, 2017 7:21 PM

You have to love all the little more than trailer trash on this thread casting aspersions toward Princess Michael as if they have the slightest idea what they're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 266December 22, 2017 7:57 PM

No lie in this thread title.

by Anonymousreply 267December 22, 2017 8:10 PM

You Brits may get rid of Europe but you're stuck with this hereditary parasitic class forever. At least we have the chance to rid ourselves of Trump after four years, and certainly eight, but for you it never ends.

by Anonymousreply 268December 22, 2017 8:10 PM

This type of jewellery is blatantly racist and needs to be retired also.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269December 22, 2017 8:11 PM

Racist art

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270December 22, 2017 8:14 PM

More racist jewelry that needs to be retired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271December 22, 2017 8:20 PM

the correct spellings of brooch are Brooch OR Broach. both are acceptable

by Anonymousreply 272December 22, 2017 8:38 PM

What are the correct pronunciations of brooch and broach? Is it the same? I grew up in rural North Carolina with many elderly aunts and great-aunts who spelled and pronounced it "broach," rhymes with roach. (And they had tons of them.) How is brooch pronounced?

by Anonymousreply 273December 22, 2017 9:04 PM

She's got this lined up for next time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274December 22, 2017 9:14 PM

r273 both pronounced the same

by Anonymousreply 275December 22, 2017 9:58 PM

Thanks, r275.

by Anonymousreply 276December 22, 2017 10:09 PM

Maybe Princess Michael might want to reconsider her wedding gift of Aunt Jemima cookie jars.

by Anonymousreply 277December 22, 2017 10:12 PM

Dear United Kingdom:

When the fuck are you going to finally kill off these worthless leeches?

by Anonymousreply 278December 22, 2017 10:14 PM

Can't make England great again with worthless leeches. Sad!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279December 22, 2017 10:17 PM

Looking forward to see what she wears to Meghan's Kwanzaa potluck luncheon.

by Anonymousreply 280December 22, 2017 10:18 PM

Meghan's lil' Harry babies will have the same title as Mikey and Co. and they'll be higher up the royal food chain, so what's she putting on airs for?

Side note: Lord Frederick looks like a vampire. Sincerely. He's not unattractive, actually very handsome but also a terrifying looking person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281December 22, 2017 10:29 PM

Will Princess M have to curtsy to the mulatto after the marriage? Will the York cousins? Is Prince M a HRH?

by Anonymousreply 282December 22, 2017 10:38 PM

You bet your ass they will!

by Anonymousreply 283December 22, 2017 10:42 PM

No r282. The order of precedence is that those who marry in to the family have to curtsy to those born as princesses. So Sparkie will have to curtsy to the Yorkies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284December 23, 2017 1:31 AM

I could've sworn Lord Frederick was openly gay, but then he went and married a woman.

by Anonymousreply 285December 23, 2017 1:51 AM

So every painting,sculpture,carving etc that feature black people is racist now ?

by Anonymousreply 286December 23, 2017 2:06 AM

Well, I see that Alfred Hitchcock and John Williams were obviously racist. Having the Williams character dress up as a Blackmoor while pretending to be the Cary Grant character. I DEMAND that every copy of TO CATCH A THIEF be destroyed immediately !!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287December 23, 2017 2:14 AM

Bet Princess Michael's groveling public apology was forced on her by Harry. Harry would have insisted on a public apology.

by Anonymousreply 288December 23, 2017 2:18 AM

The Queen shoul make Prince Michael the Duke of Winsor. Marie-Christine would become the second Duchess of Winsor. It permanently gets rid of the created Duchy of Uncle David.

by Anonymousreply 289December 23, 2017 2:34 AM

Listen, even the article itself describes at as 'racially insensitive. I really think there are other forms of racism more dangerous than a broach that's probably been in the family for generations. I don't agree with fur, but if I was handed one down as an heirloom I would wear it. And if I were meghan I would understand because she probably knows black people but she doesn't have any in the family.

Furthermore, she probably has some thoughts that would be classified as racist. But this is the first significant incident I've heard of.

And to add further, there isn't anyone one race that should be offended by racism so your outrage is not worth more because you are biracial.

by Anonymousreply 290December 23, 2017 2:36 AM

R272 you may broach a subject or broach a barrel but you pin a brooch to your clothing. It is not a modern spelling. It is a rarely seen very archaic usage. Please stop encouraging the semi literate, it’s unfair to pretend that it’s perfectly normal spelling. The word is brooch.

by Anonymousreply 291December 23, 2017 3:53 AM

R54, I don't believe for a second that you're bi-racial. You're a racist piece of shit who sympathizes with this Nazi cunt.

by Anonymousreply 292December 23, 2017 5:10 AM

If Meghan is with Harry, they most certainly will have to curtsey to her.

by Anonymousreply 293December 23, 2017 5:19 AM

^maybe. If Lizzie updates the order of precedence again she may decide the spare’s wife isn’t in direct line nor royal by birth so no princess of the blood should curtsy whether Harry is there or not. The non-heirs are always a bit out on a limb.

by Anonymousreply 294December 23, 2017 5:34 AM

So is all Blackamoor art now taboo? If you have a pair of antique six foot figures on either side of an opening of a parlor now a sign of racism? Or is it only racism if a black guest should be invited into your home?

I could not disagree more with those who compare the art to lawn jockeys or Mammy dolls. Obviously the latter are poking fun at the "negroes" of a bygone era and they are in no way a representation of the people as a whole. But the elegant Blackamoors are beautiful and in no way denigrate people of color...in fact quite the contrary. I think they are a representation which is extremely romantic and flattering.

If all art which features POC as anything other than sanitized, modern business attired figures we may have assuaged some white guilt, but we also have erased historical representations which are worth remembering.

by Anonymousreply 295December 23, 2017 8:40 AM

R295 no one is saying they should be melted down, just not displayed as a symbol of taste on people or in private homes. Museums are where they belong.

Also for the people in the thread lamenting this "sudden" rebranding of the jewelry as racist - just because you, in your bubble, did not know it was offensive to many, does not make it sudden. All you are doing is showing your ignorance when you act like it came out of nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 296December 23, 2017 8:56 AM

So you are saying that they should be removed from a private home?

by Anonymousreply 297December 23, 2017 8:58 AM

Princess Michael probably "puts her foot in it" more often than we know. This "Broochgate" episode just surfaced because of the object's visibility.

She probably had to scramble back to her royal digs "quick sticks" and clean out a cabinet of dozens other Blackamoor figurines and other "objects d'art" laying about.

by Anonymousreply 298December 23, 2017 9:37 AM

Yes, along with your guns and pork rinds, r297.

And no, of course not. But if people display them without context in a private home, they shouldn't be surprised that their guests find them racist or oblivious or both.

by Anonymousreply 299December 23, 2017 10:01 AM

I see no real difference between a blackamoor covered in gilt standing next to a fireplace and a lawn jockey standing next to a driveway. Just because one is decorated more expensively doesn’t mean it’s any less offensive.

She may very well have not thought realized that it was offensive. This is a country in which golliwog dolls are still available for purchase. I had a Scots roommate in college and he was horribly inappropriate and could not be made to understand that phrases like “porch monkey” are insensitive at best. His right to use the terms trumped his friends’ feelings and after he lost several friends he began to realize that shit doesn’t play here, at least among the educated classes.

by Anonymousreply 300December 23, 2017 10:35 AM

[quote]at least among the educated classes.

The Brit "educated classes" save their derision and contempt for Jews.

by Anonymousreply 301December 23, 2017 10:38 AM

Are you serious, r295?

"Beautiful" pieces of racist "art" are still motherfucking racist.

I can't believe there are ignorant ass fags on here defending this.

by Anonymousreply 302December 23, 2017 10:42 AM

I think she was fucking with Meghan and being a crazy old bitch.

Come on.

If your friend's grandma wore that to a lunch with your friend's cousin bringing his mixed gf, you'd think "Granny was being a cunt."

by Anonymousreply 303December 23, 2017 11:21 AM

R299 you seem to be oblivious of context regarding blackamoor art. They were made by Italians as representations of the Muslim invaders, that is very, very different from a lawn jockey which was made to mock black people.

I wouldn’t have blackamoor art in the house because it could make some people uncomfortable but not because I am oblivious to the history behind it. Just because something has a likeness of a black person does not make it inherently racist.

by Anonymousreply 304December 23, 2017 12:39 PM

R304 one should look not just at the original intent of the art but also to what use it is out and to whom it appealed and why. And they do, even the originals, lend themselves to the concept of "Othering" which has taken place throughout history. It can be beautiful and still be racist.

by Anonymousreply 305December 23, 2017 12:56 PM

Princess Michael knew what she was doing, the withered old cunt. She's got plenty of jewelry- why wear that?

Fortunately, she'll be dead soon.

by Anonymousreply 306December 23, 2017 1:11 PM

There’s something creepy looking about Lord Frederick Windsor.

by Anonymousreply 307December 23, 2017 1:49 PM

R304, you are playing the fool. You forgot to include the person wearing or displaying said art and WHY they wear or display it.

Sell your racist shit somewhere else, fool.

by Anonymousreply 308December 23, 2017 2:39 PM

“Princess” “Michael” is a loser who will be curtsying to the Duchess soon enough. Am certain Markel didn’t give one fuck and probably thought it was pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 309December 23, 2017 2:44 PM

Sorry. Misspelled Meghan’s name.

by Anonymousreply 310December 23, 2017 2:50 PM

If not for entertaining stunts like this, what is the royal family good for?

by Anonymousreply 311December 23, 2017 2:53 PM

Your moronic witterings are your cross to bear r308, please don’t afflict others with your projected stupidity. Trying too hard to sound like Mr T.

by Anonymousreply 312December 23, 2017 2:54 PM

Princess Michael has already established her cunt credentials long ago. This just provides further proof.

by Anonymousreply 313December 23, 2017 3:08 PM

Why are the Queen's cousins given such a lavish lifestyle? Huge apartments in Kensington Palace, etc. As cousins and not immediate family, it seems odd and excessive.

by Anonymousreply 314December 23, 2017 3:15 PM

Please, some of the current staff (mostly the higher-ups) are living as well as Princess Michael- just on a smaller scale.

Long-term employees can retire to a grace and favour residence free for life, including a car.

by Anonymousreply 315December 23, 2017 3:24 PM

R314 - both Prince and Princess Michael used to do lots of public functions on the Queen's behalf over thirty years ago. The Queen probably felt sorry for them and gave them an apartment at Kensington Palace (the Kent family are very poor by royal standards). For many years, the Kensington apartment was a grace and favor arrangement (rent free) but then there was a public outcry and now they pay rent (probably much below what anyone would pay in that posh part of London). They don't do as many royal engagements now that they're older.

by Anonymousreply 316December 23, 2017 3:35 PM

SJW outrage porn. MAybe in bad taste but not racist.

by Anonymousreply 317December 23, 2017 3:47 PM

Prince Michael of Kent and his wife do not undertake official engagements for The Queen. Whatever events they attend are part of their private business and charities and are not representing the crown. I believe they now pay rent on the Kensington apartment and they had to sell their country place. The other Kents though (Edward and his wife Katherine, and his sister Alexandra) do officially represent The Queen at events. Katherine (The Duchess of Kent) is mostly retired now and doesn’t go to many functions. She converted to Catholicism, separated unofficially from her husband, and was teaching music and religion for a while using the name Katherine Kent.

Since brother Edward got the title Duke of Kent and the properties, Michael got some of the best jewels as a consolation prize. Marie Christine has some beautiful very valuable jewels that used to belong to Princess Marina, Michaels mother including two spectacular tiaras. She also has a very valuable ruby brooch that she got as a wedding gift from the ailing Duchess of Windsor.

by Anonymousreply 318December 23, 2017 3:51 PM

At first it looked like she was wearing the shrunken head of an actual African native.

by Anonymousreply 319December 23, 2017 3:58 PM

R301 bullshit. Never heard of the Rothschilds and a Mountbatten?

by Anonymousreply 320December 23, 2017 4:06 PM

They pay approximately $15,000 US rent now monthly and the Duchess of Windsor left her earrings- not a brooch.

by Anonymousreply 321December 23, 2017 4:12 PM

They sell these baubles in Venice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322December 23, 2017 4:21 PM

Meghan should buy this one and wear it next time she sees Pushy, the expression is very 'bitch, puhlease'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323December 23, 2017 4:22 PM

She received a ruby brooch from The Duchess R321, and the brooch wasn’t left to her, it was given as a wedding gift.

Maybe she got earrings later on, left to her. But it’s a fact she got a ruby brooch, which was previously part of a necklace worn by The Duchess.

by Anonymousreply 324December 23, 2017 5:51 PM

Why would princess Michael curtsy to Meghan. Bitch please. I am not even a fan of the royal family. You guys are really making this Meghan chick overrated.

by Anonymousreply 325December 23, 2017 5:56 PM

R317, everything is racism immediately these days. No bad taste or prejudice, nope, everything is racist.

by Anonymousreply 326December 23, 2017 6:09 PM

I'd like to see a link about the Duchess giving a ruby brooch- it's not in any of the books I have, which are many.

And when the Queen saw the earrings, Princess Michael was told never to wear them in HM presence again.

by Anonymousreply 327December 23, 2017 6:29 PM

I'm super worried the Princess of Kent is going to shrink Meghan's head and use it for some Illuminati voodoo. They do shit like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328December 23, 2017 6:33 PM

Princess Michael=white TRASH garbage!

by Anonymousreply 329December 23, 2017 6:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330December 23, 2017 7:33 PM

Marie-Christine, Princess Michael is delightful. Classy and intelligent. Watch the interview. She's diplomatic, elegant and very well-spoken. She is extremely well-versed about European history. She's fascinating, witty, charming and quite interesting. She appears to be knowledgeable with a world-view understanding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331December 23, 2017 8:06 PM

True, r331. She's sparkling in that interview. But such qualities are lost on the triggered, screeching SJW perpetual victims.

by Anonymousreply 332December 23, 2017 8:31 PM

I've seen this youtube a while ago, r331. Her entire manner is so pretentious and it diminishes her efforts to appear intellectual. On top of that, while I adore the British accent, Princess Michael's is annoying.

When Conrad Black asks her to dish on Kate and other royals, she gets on her high horse, releases the full display of cultivated haughtiness and condescension through her aristocratic mannered vocal intonation and comes off as so utterly full of herself.

Not surprised Diana (and Fergie) avoided Princess Michael at dinner parties.

by Anonymousreply 333December 23, 2017 8:33 PM

R331, all of those things could be said about Gore Vidal yet he was still an asshole who I would not have wanted to be sat next to at dinner.

by Anonymousreply 334December 23, 2017 8:40 PM

I never heard of this princess Michael woman until this whole blackamoore jewelry situation. What a character she is. Just how many royals are there. Because this woman was hidden from me.

by Anonymousreply 335December 23, 2017 8:48 PM

What she's wearing is a Blackamoor brooch. “Blackamoor” is a genre of art or jewelry originating in 16th century Venice that has been criticized for promoting imagery that is considered racist. Many blackamoor figures portray exoticized images of servants and slaves of African descent. Apparently these brooches were popular with wealthy women at one time, but wearing them today seems pretty awful. They're really ugly pieces of jewelry but I guess it was a style that appealed to some back in the day. Anyway, she's saying the brooch was a gift and that she'd worn it many times before, so it wasn't exactly a statement on Sparkle.

Speaking of Blackamoor brooches....I remember an incident with one in a biography of Pamela Harriman, the infamous gold digging man pleaser who nabbed several rich husbands. One of the husbands was Leland Hayward, the Hollywood agent and producer. Upon first meeting his daughter Brooke she pinned a Blackamoor brooch on her and told her never to sell it because it was "valuable." Brooke thought it was bizarre that she would give her an expensive piece of jewelry at their first meeting and what a piece of jewelry! The civil rights movements was heating up and she gave her new stepdaughter a brooch depicting a stereotypical image of a black person. Brooke got the impression it was a piece of jewelry she didn't want anymore (maybe because she wanted to avoid being seen as a racist?), so she handed it down to her. At any rate, Brooke eventually sold the distasteful piece of jewelry, probably for less than what it was worth. She sold it for $500.

by Anonymousreply 336December 23, 2017 8:56 PM

I want to read her historical novels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337December 23, 2017 9:00 PM

Here you go, r335. Everything you always wanted to know about the British Royal Family but were afraid to ask.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338December 23, 2017 9:02 PM

She loves animals too, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339December 23, 2017 9:06 PM

In the interview at R331 she wrinkles her nose and denies knowing anything about the character southern Germans and says with indignation “I’ve been to Munich ten times!” as if she hadn’t a clue about them.

I like her but that made me chuckle, I’m pretty sure ten visits to a city is more than enough to get an idea what the people are like.

by Anonymousreply 340December 23, 2017 11:52 PM

I can't WAIT for her to wear the lawn jockey earrings!

by Anonymousreply 341December 23, 2017 11:56 PM

My ensemble for the wedding will be in shades of high yellow.

by Anonymousreply 342December 24, 2017 12:23 AM

R340 what people? All of them? All denizens of one locale share exactly the same characteristics? Is this genetic or formed by environmental factors? What if you only moved there 6 months ago?

by Anonymousreply 343December 24, 2017 12:48 AM

So what will become of the Queen's cousins after she passes and Charles does his 'trimming the fat' thing? Will they have to go into council housing and register for the dole or the old age pension?

by Anonymousreply 344December 24, 2017 1:43 AM

Just for shits and giggles I went over to LSA to read their perspective over this tempest in a teapot.

Surprisingly there was a mixture of opinions on the Blackamoor images(both in statuary and jewelry) but the one thing which nearly every of the hundreds of posts pointed out is that Princess Michael is a dried up, wrinkly prune faced old white hag. I was genuinely shocked because I didn't think she looks bad for her age.

by Anonymousreply 345December 24, 2017 1:55 AM

R345 -Since black dont crack, that's the go to diss from the ebony goddesses of LSA.

by Anonymousreply 346December 24, 2017 1:57 AM

You should have seen when she invited Meghan back to her home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347December 24, 2017 1:59 AM

Engagements will be cut, but the crusty oldies will live out the rest of their lives as they do now.

It's family like the wicked step-sisters that have to worry. No one is supporting those hideous cunts for another 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 348December 24, 2017 2:08 AM

You kweens are so predictable. Over 300 posts about some jewelry.

by Anonymousreply 349December 24, 2017 2:10 AM

It will be interesting to see what "trimming the fat" will actually mean when Charles takes over. The York (Gorgon) sisters are going to be SOL because as r348 said they're not going to be living the Royal Free Ride for 50 years if Charles has anything to say about it. I'm sure they're very nervous.

by Anonymousreply 350December 24, 2017 2:14 AM

The York sisters should threaten to do reality TV. Charles will be glad Ti keep them in the Royal fold then. But Sarah would be all for reality TV. Especially because of the paycheck. Charles wouldn't want the embarrassment of something like that brought to the royal family.

by Anonymousreply 351December 24, 2017 2:36 AM

They would not be allowed by the Palace to do reality tv.

by Anonymousreply 352December 24, 2017 2:39 AM

Sarah has already been such an embarrassment- it's a miracle that she is even still on the fringes.

Cheating while pregnant, sketchy charities, "business advisors", working out of a bar, selling pics to tabloids, and whatever else she cooks up with Andrew. She's lucky he's the Queen's favorite.

by Anonymousreply 353December 24, 2017 2:43 AM

Underestimate Princess Michael of Kent at your own peril. This lady is positioning herself for bigger things. I, for one, am intrigued.

by Anonymousreply 354December 24, 2017 2:49 AM

354 replies about a royal member that wore a brooch. My goodness, most of you need a life. I don't understand why most of you are so worked up over this Meghan chick. If most of you were on fire this chick would not give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 355December 24, 2017 3:04 AM

R355 - You came to the thread and posted. You lose!

by Anonymousreply 356December 24, 2017 3:05 AM

At her late stage in life r354? I’m agog. Simply agog.

by Anonymousreply 357December 24, 2017 3:45 AM

The only reason why Markle is going on about being black is because of PC and she knows she's gonna win sympathy points. I don't trust the bitch. She uses her race and heritage to get ahead, and make a point when she has never experienced what the "black" experience many black Americans face in this country. The only time she talks about being black is when her mom is brought up, or when she's talking about how hard it is is to be "black". Her first marriage ended in divorce barely in two years and she's getting married to a man that she's known for only an year. She's claims to be a feminist and an activist but the only thing on her record is the letter she wrote to that cleaning product company when she was 12. Harry needs to watch his back-this woman's no good.

by Anonymousreply 358December 24, 2017 4:09 AM

“no one is saying they should be melted down, just not displayed as a symbol of taste on people or in private homes. Museums are where they belong.”

One of the saddest things I’ve ever read regarding jewelry and art. Next are the book burnings.

by Anonymousreply 359December 24, 2017 4:13 AM

r 358 is bitter because she never amounted to anything.

by Anonymousreply 360December 24, 2017 4:29 AM

R352 if Charles is going to cut them out. Then how dose the palace have any say in what the York sisters do. They have to earn a living. What are they going to do for money? If they won't be headlining members of the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 361December 24, 2017 6:39 AM

The palace can't really stop them from doing reality TV can they? Their mother Sarah had a reality show back in 2011 on OWN. You know the Oprah Winfrey network. I'm just curious about that.

by Anonymousreply 362December 24, 2017 6:42 AM

Sorry, not sorry.

by Anonymousreply 363December 24, 2017 6:54 AM

Sorry, not sorry.

by Anonymousreply 364December 24, 2017 6:55 AM

What a Cunt!

by Anonymousreply 365December 24, 2017 7:09 AM

This reminds me when, a few years ago, an Australian department store used kneeling blackamoors throughout the store for floral arrangements for a spring display. Everything was fine until a *white* American tourist rocked up and kicked up a stink. The store ended up marbelising them with gold paint!

by Anonymousreply 366December 24, 2017 7:57 AM

[quote]no one is saying they should be melted down, just not displayed as a symbol of taste on people or in private homes. Museums are where they belong.

The smug idiocy of this is beyond worth satire. The individual exhibits zero knowledge of blackamoor art, which almost always was executed in a manner which enobled the native. T'was such, for example at the Romanov court. You can see the American negros dressed in their grand court uniforms in the far left corner of this photo of the Tsar opening the Duma. The fools would no doubt label this photo racist too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367December 24, 2017 8:05 AM

Even I can't with this bitch... Someone sent my sugar-daddy a horse turd for Christmas!

He calls it "Louise"

by Anonymousreply 368December 24, 2017 8:11 AM

Who gives a rats ass what the bitch wore. Get a fucking life, OP. I'm tri-racial so I think I'm above you on the victim chain. Are you that damn fragile? Grow the hell up!

by Anonymousreply 369December 24, 2017 8:12 AM

I don’t think the Yorks will he left out in the cold. Charles may chose not to continue funding them but that doesn’t prevent QEII from leaving them a large legacy at her death. She’s beyond wealthy in her own right, outside of the possessions of the crown, and can leave her granddaughters whatever she likes. I have a feeling she’s aware of Charle’s intentions and will act accordingly to insure the futures of these to whom she is reportedly quite close to.

by Anonymousreply 370December 24, 2017 10:38 AM

[quote]beyond worth satire.

What?

[quote]the American negros

Also what?

by Anonymousreply 371December 24, 2017 11:02 AM

I don't give a shit about the history of blackamoor art. It's fucking ugly. Truly, horribly ugly. It is so tacky looking. I am laughing my ass off that some previous poster says they own some of this shit and actually display it in their home. What a horror their house must be. I wouldn't be able to stop laughing if I saw this ugly shit in someone's home

by Anonymousreply 372December 24, 2017 12:28 PM

I hope Meaghan doesn't "stiff upper lip" this gaffe and forces Harry to "do something, Harry!" Liek demand she not be invoted to their wedding. Or something similar in retribution.

Then I hope what results is a full-blown scene in public/media, setting the rest of The Firm against her in all her future royal endeavours.

by Anonymousreply 373December 24, 2017 12:39 PM

Most of you need to get a life because this Meghan chick is getting hers. Stop doing her bidding or shall I say defending her. Most of you attacking people who see through this Meghan chick bs shows how sorry most of you are. Meghan is probably somewhere laughing at those idiots getting worked up over her future in laws brooch so called controversy.

by Anonymousreply 374December 24, 2017 12:47 PM

R372 You are completing lacking in culture by the sound of your post. You have no idea how many grand and elegant homes feature Blackamoor art. It is gorgeous and as the poster up thread said, much of it shows the Black Moors in regal garb and jewels. There is absolutely nothing "stereotypical" about it.

by Anonymousreply 375December 24, 2017 1:26 PM

I'm with R372 That shit is ugly. I don't care about the argument about whether it's racist or not, it's just tacky looking. But whatever, tastes differ. Decorate your house and bejewel yourself however you want.

by Anonymousreply 376December 24, 2017 1:34 PM

r374 one could say the same about those needlessly attacking her.

by Anonymousreply 377December 24, 2017 1:47 PM

r367 you should really read "Orientalism" by William Said before you get quite so huffy about certain types of art being considered, in today's society, offensive. Clearly a leading scholar such as yourself should already be familiar with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378December 24, 2017 1:51 PM

Andrew is the self-styled "Factory of Ideas" guy in the family. I'm sure he's racking in the millions right now so he won't be needing any coins from "mummy."

by Anonymousreply 379December 24, 2017 3:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380December 24, 2017 3:48 PM

Well actually Andrew’s been doing that for years. I follow him on Twitter and for years he (or his assistants) Tweet about something called ‘Pitch at Palace’ where I think entrepreneurs can present their ideas. I think it’s sort of like a non-televised version of the “Shark Tank” show.

by Anonymousreply 381December 24, 2017 4:23 PM

White people love shit like that blackamoor jewelry. It reminds them of the days of Jim Crow and apartheid. They long for it.

by Anonymousreply 382December 24, 2017 5:33 PM

I think she's fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 383December 24, 2017 5:36 PM

She kinda looks like Julie Andrews from the princess diaries.

by Anonymousreply 384December 24, 2017 5:46 PM

R379. R381. Prince Andrew certainly opens himself up to scrutiny no matter what he does. Some of it warranted, some not. Same with Sarah, the daughters or any other extended member of the family not part of the "senior" or more important inner group. However, as a member (or former member) of the royal family, you're often criticized for working because royalty doesn't "work" other than serve in the military or do charity events. So then you end up not working--or you end up doing unconventional work that may not may not pay. It's a weird Catch-22 in which the lesser royals find themselves. They have to carve out something, but then that "something" doesn't often pay.

Same with Princess Michael. Aside from the broach controversy, she said in one of the up-post interviews, she came into the royal family as an interior decorator, but quickly learned or was told that it was not proper for a member of the royal family family to "work in trade." Not knowing what to do, she was also interested in history and thought she would try her hand at becoming an historian author, in which she has fairly succeeded, but books are few and far between. But becoming an author is no fucking easy task. Not everyone has the talent to write. Think what you will of many of these lesser royals, many of them are discourage from working, but yet have little avenues to pursue to make a living.

by Anonymousreply 385December 24, 2017 6:31 PM

[quote]She's claims to be a feminist and an activist but the only thing on her record is the letter she wrote to that cleaning product company when she was 12.

r358, she's got a better feminist record than most actresses, a UN Women advocate and an ambassador for World Vision, and has been ambassador for One Young World. She's spoken out for developing countries, clean water, and gender equity--and against modern slavery. She had her own GOOP kind of website that had female empowerment as part of its editorial mission. Seems to have done more than the minimum with the platform and resources available to her.

I'm sorry, what have you done?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386December 24, 2017 6:56 PM

Even Katherine has to curtsy to those two horse faced heifers Andrew and Fergie produced. That is until William becomes King. Then the two sows will have to grovel before Katherine. Unless Charles and William modernize the Monarchy and get rid of all that bowing and scraping bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 387December 24, 2017 8:02 PM

Edward, the gay one's wife kept on working in PR for a few years after they married in 1999. It appears that rule has been relaxed since Princess Michael married. Frankly, she should have told the courtiers to fuck off when they told her she couldn't work in trade. It's not like they could have done a damn thing to stop her.

by Anonymousreply 388December 24, 2017 8:18 PM

R388. Sophie and Edward married in 1999. she worked in public relations until 2002 when a scandal erupted when her comments included derogatory remarks about Tony Blair and other politicians. Sophie spoke about some of her clients in less than glowing terms as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389December 24, 2017 8:30 PM

Want a fucking old cunt.

Deliberate and nasty....this old she bitch has hundreds of pieces of jewelry and she just accidentally chose to wear this piece.

No cunt like an old nasty stuck up cunt sucking on the teat of the public dole.

by Anonymousreply 390December 24, 2017 8:35 PM

[quote]Sophie spoke about some of her clients in less than glowing terms as well.

LOL you wouldn't be in PR if you didn't do that! It's like meterologists talking about the weather.

by Anonymousreply 391December 24, 2017 8:37 PM

I bet her pussy is stank too. Nasty bitch.

by Anonymousreply 392December 24, 2017 8:57 PM

The Duchess of Kent is a lovely lady by all accounts. How did the Duke’s brother end up with this awful heifer?

by Anonymousreply 393December 24, 2017 9:50 PM

^^^Lord Mountbatten hooked them up.

by Anonymousreply 394December 25, 2017 1:36 AM

R372 Ugly is the new pretty, keep up Mary!

by Anonymousreply 395December 25, 2017 7:37 AM

R375 Your impeccable taste is astonishing- don't miss the 'Turds on Tour' exhibit coming to a fine museum near you!

by Anonymousreply 396December 25, 2017 7:51 AM

Isn't it an insult to the Queen since she has given her blessing for her grandson's union? I would think HRH would be furious that a low-ranking royal publicly disparaged her family.

by Anonymousreply 397December 25, 2017 1:03 PM

So she cheats on the prince? Is he gay or does he just not care what she does? Maybe he’s glad someone else has to put up with her shit for a while.

Her murdered Russian lover was hot!

by Anonymousreply 398December 25, 2017 9:01 PM

Behold the dead hot Russian:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399December 25, 2017 9:04 PM

r397, The Queen is not an HRH, she is HM The Queen.

Technical but it would rate an Oh, my dear! for those who care.

by Anonymousreply 400December 25, 2017 9:07 PM

[quote]you seem to be oblivious of context regarding blackamoor art. They were made by Italians as representations of the Muslim invaders, that is very, very different from a lawn jockey which was made to mock black people

You seem oblivious to the fact that no one gives a fuck why or who made blackamoor art. It's HIDEOUS. The fact that you think it is attractive and acceptable makes you white fucking trash. Once more, it is hideous looking. It's only attractive to racist losers. That's probably why you are such a big fan of this tatty looking shit

by Anonymousreply 401December 25, 2017 10:05 PM

R399, that wasn't her friend. That was her lover.

by Anonymousreply 402December 25, 2017 10:07 PM

[quote]So she cheats on the prince? Is he gay or does he just not care what she does? Maybe he’s glad someone else has to put up with her shit for a while

He doesn't give two fucks what she does. He cheats on her too. He was having an affair with a Russian ballerina for a long time

by Anonymousreply 403December 25, 2017 10:08 PM

This was very unwise of her. The Queen pays for some of the upkeep for the loser Prince Michael and his useless wife. I have a feeling the Queen won't be so happy to have to keep helping to support these two. Princess Michael is a foolish, foolish idiot. She has basically begged the entire world to accuse the royal family of being racist

Her allowance from the Queen is going to be slashed

by Anonymousreply 404December 25, 2017 10:17 PM

The Princess also collects whimsical Americana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405December 25, 2017 10:22 PM

R401 Damn nigga! I hate the shit too, but chill out with the 'everything's racist' nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 406December 25, 2017 10:24 PM

Yall done went and triggered R401 ! Calm down honey,Im sure if you stare at your velvet painting of Malcom X for a while it'll help you relax.

by Anonymousreply 407December 25, 2017 10:26 PM

I say that HM should create Prince Michael the next Duke of Windsor and thereby create Marie-Christine Von Pain In The Ass, the Second Duchess of Windsor. Not that would be an upgrade, to a royal dukedom, and a slap in the face as it is the Nazi Duchy of Windsor. Slap her, YM, SLAP HER VICIOUSLY!

by Anonymousreply 408December 25, 2017 10:27 PM

Among her private banks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409December 25, 2017 10:30 PM

R382 I'm sure it's tough to be a gay black guy with a micro-penis, but you can't blame Mista Charlie for that!

by Anonymousreply 410December 25, 2017 10:32 PM

[quote] Calm down honey,Im sure if you stare at your velvet painting of Malcom X for a while it'll help you relax.

It DOESN'T fucking help

by Anonymousreply 411December 25, 2017 10:48 PM

I'm not sure a blackamoor pin is inherently racist but probably tacky to wear one to meet the first (potential) royal of color.

It could be worse. A former friend used to collect mammy memorabilia, like the refrigerator magnets below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412December 25, 2017 10:49 PM

Most of you acting a fool for this Meghan chick. You guys sound ridiculous defending this Meghan chick. Bitches get a life. Princess Michael was not in attendance to meet Meghan. It was a traditional royal Christmas event for staffs and Meghan was also invited. It was not a Meghan event dumbasses. For all we know they probably never met since it was reported that almost 150 people were expected to show up. we are all speculating about what might have happened inside the palace walls and some of you guys are acting like it was a Meghan meet and greet.

by Anonymousreply 413December 25, 2017 10:57 PM

R412 Does your "former friend" have the matching salt and pepper shakers?

by Anonymousreply 414December 25, 2017 11:01 PM

Why the quotation marks? We just drifted apart, it was nothing to do with her taste.

by Anonymousreply 415December 25, 2017 11:07 PM

[R404] Prince Michael and his wife receive no financial assistance from the Queen, parliament or the Privy Purse. Up to 2008 the Queen paid most of the rent on their apartment in Kensington Palace, but since then they have been paying all of it. Kensington Palace is part of the Crown Estate, so not owned by the Queen, and rent is paid on all apartments to the Crown Estate.

by Anonymousreply 416December 25, 2017 11:34 PM

R401 I didn’t say I thought it was attractive I said you were oblivious. You reek of ignorance.

If you could find some way of channelling your uncontrolled rage into educating yourself you may improve your lot in life.

by Anonymousreply 417December 26, 2017 1:51 AM

R410 in you're dreams.

by Anonymousreply 418December 26, 2017 2:10 AM

I'm with R358, I don't trust her. Unless her and Harry have an open relationship...things will be rough. And we all know they won't get a divorce if things go bad. This tea is going to be hard to clean once it's spilled. Give it a few, or two years, gentlemen.

by Anonymousreply 419December 26, 2017 4:13 AM

Funny that some of you find a pair of 1920s American pottery pickannies eating watermelon with bug eyes and lips wide open in surprise in the same vein as statuary of beautiful, tall, regal black Moors wearing fabulous robes, jewels and crowns.

Now remind me why they are equally objectionable? And in what way does the Moor statuary reflect a negative stereotype?

Explain why you find the Moor statues ugly?

Who is the racist?

by Anonymousreply 420December 26, 2017 4:45 AM

I'm rather keen on this double portrait of Angela Dudley-Ward and Penelope Dudley-Ward at our picnic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421December 26, 2017 5:19 AM

R421 Is that the devil spouting water behind the sisters? I feel like I see horns.

by Anonymousreply 422December 26, 2017 6:07 AM

That is a satyr R422 and one shouldn't read anything sinister into it or the picnic helper

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423December 26, 2017 6:19 AM

All hoes need to shut up.

by Anonymousreply 424December 26, 2017 6:55 AM

I have an antique picaninny collection and my bi-racial boyfriend thinks they're adorable. The good ones are actually expensive. Funny how white SJWs freak out over things that don't even phase most blacks. I'll bet some blacks even own some of it. Chill out snowflakes, it's really not that serious.

by Anonymousreply 425December 26, 2017 7:24 AM

R425"Biracial" is the keyword not "black". And he's with a white person so he probably dosent even identify as black or with his black side. So that dosent count. Also he probably dosent have a sense of self. Or even a connection with the black community. So what he thinks really dosent matter.

by Anonymousreply 426December 26, 2017 7:44 AM

Oprah is proud of her extensive collection of authentic pickaninny art. Back in the days of her show, she occasionally showed some of it. And as you stated about your boyfriend R425, she has great affection for the pieces.

by Anonymousreply 427December 26, 2017 8:55 AM

R426 So you're hating on bi-racial folks. That means your a bi-racist, which is twice as bad as a regular racist. See what I did there? You done got schooled, Miss Thing!

by Anonymousreply 428December 26, 2017 9:42 AM

R427 Preach sister! If Oprah's not offended by it, why are all these white queen's panties on fire about it.

by Anonymousreply 429December 26, 2017 9:49 AM

What r426 said. And it applies to so many threads here especially those started by the 'bi-racial' troll. I bet r425's bf is a self-hater who doesn't identify with his black side (which is his right, especially if he doesn't look black) and goes out of his way to distance himself. But it's stupid to use such a person as a gauge for black attitudes. I'm a biracial black man myself and when I'm on the street, people see a black man. The 'biracial' bit is just for description of my lineage, but I am a black man and know quite a few people like r425's bf. Tell him he's nothing but skin folk to us.

by Anonymousreply 430December 26, 2017 10:06 AM

Yes, yes, black people just LOVE this shit. Give me a break, y’all are not even convincing yourselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431December 26, 2017 10:06 AM

Tony you uppity jackass

No one is stanning for the cuteness of pickaninny art. I just said that Oprah collects it and is vocal about loving it, so who are we to say?

by Anonymousreply 432December 26, 2017 10:44 AM

^ Yes Oprah collects it. And so does Maxine Winters.

by Anonymousreply 433December 26, 2017 11:25 AM

Not so fast, r73.

by Anonymousreply 434December 26, 2017 11:49 AM

Do you mean Maxine Waters, R433?

by Anonymousreply 435December 26, 2017 2:16 PM

Oprah and Maxine would likely be offended if they ran into a white person collecting it. They collect it because it's an important part of black history. It represents how blacks were thought of and they don't want that forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 436December 26, 2017 6:04 PM

Now THAT I agree with R436.

by Anonymousreply 437December 26, 2017 6:30 PM

R430 I was just calling it the way I see it. And I agree with everything you said. And that last part was right on. "SKIN FOLK" because not everyone is "KIN FOLK".

by Anonymousreply 438December 26, 2017 6:51 PM

I think it’s insane to remove every depiction of black people from antiques and art as ‘racist’. It is of its time and is a part of the story of how we got from slavery to now. It does an injustice to the people who actually lived through that to banish any representation.

It happened, it should be remembered and learned from.

by Anonymousreply 439December 26, 2017 6:54 PM

I told Michael to wear this but she responded, "no, that's just too much......."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440December 26, 2017 6:58 PM

I think it's a really bad reflection on white people. It just shows how ignorant and racist and bigoted they were. For that reason alone I think they should always be remembered. Not that there's no other reminders of there ignorance. Although I know that's not all white people. But still.

by Anonymousreply 441December 26, 2017 7:00 PM

This Mammy Restaurant can be found just south of Natchez, Ms.

I drive by it all the time but have never been in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442December 26, 2017 7:34 PM

[QUOTE] Oprah is proud of her extensive collection of authentic pickaninny art.

I strongly suspect that O and Whoopi collect this stuff just to get it off the market.

by Anonymousreply 443December 26, 2017 7:40 PM

R443

I strongly suspect the two collect it because they can.

by Anonymousreply 444December 26, 2017 8:19 PM

The Prince/Princess Michael were bankrupt at one point - owing about $ 4 million -they were bailed out by embarrassed royal relatives.

The two PM's enjoys palling around with pro-monarchy Russian oligarchs (Prince M is a relative of the last Czar), and received large amounts of money from these friends for unclear business deals.

"The official reason for the existence of Prince Michael’s expensively trimmed and rather outre beard is that it hides an old bobsleigh injury but it just so happens his Romanov-style whiskers make him look even more like the tsar.

None of this appears to have harmed his chances with a certain type of Russian businessman. This weekend it was revealed that over six years the 69-year-old prince received £320,000 from oligarch Boris Berezovsky (see box, right), a controversial Russian exile ­living ­living in London.

Princess Michael of Kent boasted she’d go anywhere for ‘a hot meal’. Now her husband has been given £300,000 from an exiled Russian oligarch. Are they really hard-up?

Between 2002 and 2008 a fund controlled by Berezovsky funnelled 56 payments, from £5,000 to £15,000, through offshore companies into a family business owned by the prince’s secretary. The transfers were revealed in documents submitted to the High Court ahead of an upcoming case.

by Anonymousreply 445December 26, 2017 8:40 PM

For the love of gawd, stop conflating Mammies with Black Moorish nobles.

That is like comparing a Playboy pinup with the Goya Majas. Both are nude women, but can you not see the difference? What if in a dystopian Handmaid's Tale type future, the PC police decreed that nude depictions of women were unacceptable and in the worst imaginable taste? Is there anyone here who thinks that destroying nude Masters' art would be the same as burning Playboys?

The idea that every depiction of Black and brown people must now be flattering and favorable is a very PC concept, and I know that the though behind it is positive. But to deny that Africans did not exist until they could be doctors, lawyers and environmentalists is just stupid. The Moors brought much sophistication as well as advanced methods of taste and grooming to the white Europeans of their day.

They were people to be admired you dolts! Now, maybe all of you don't wish to see a tall black Moor in royal dress and accompanying jewels and headdresses. But that is how the artists saw them, and that is how they should be remembered.

I am starting to think that you CACs know nothing about the Moors vis a vis European history.

by Anonymousreply 446December 26, 2017 8:59 PM

R443 You are correct. Woopie said that part of why she collected it was to get it out of circulation.

R444 Do you think they are collecting it because they think it's adorable?

by Anonymousreply 447December 26, 2017 9:04 PM

Dear art museums of the world,

We're going to have to ask you to remove all orientalist art as we find it offensive and triggering.

Kindly, the thought police.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448December 26, 2017 9:04 PM

Thank you R448. What sort of lunatic would compare the exquisite man in your link to a Mammy doll or a watermelon eating child with plaits?

Chile please.

by Anonymousreply 449December 26, 2017 9:15 PM

Dear white people - Please don't tell black people what should be offensive. Your privilege stops there.

by Anonymousreply 450December 27, 2017 2:33 AM

R430 No, he doesn't hang out with his "black side" because they basically dis-owned him years ago because of his sexuality. He does have black friends though, but not ghetto blacks.

by Anonymousreply 451December 27, 2017 2:47 AM

I think she's terribly glamorous. Like The Countess in The Sound Of Music. Also, what she did was rather hilariously bitchy, but really, it seems worse through guilty eyes. Britain does not have our racial history. Most of Europe has had serfs, not slaves and people are looked down on by class, not color. That's nearly everyone, to her.

by Anonymousreply 452December 27, 2017 6:00 AM

R451 well he sure is in a relationship with a deplorable trashy white.

by Anonymousreply 453December 27, 2017 6:20 AM

Then he's not black, r451, so irrelevant to this discussion here.

by Anonymousreply 454December 27, 2017 9:56 AM

r452 oh please. Sure they didn't have outright obvious slaves but they committed genocide against a million Irish and are responsible for the substance behind "post-colonial theory", which I was forced to study in English. Also remember the work houses? That was pretty much legalized slavery.

by Anonymousreply 455December 27, 2017 10:01 AM

R455 = British Welfare Recipient

by Anonymousreply 456December 27, 2017 10:10 AM

r455 you're making me nostalgic!

by Anonymousreply 457December 27, 2017 12:57 PM

She needs her ass cut real good. Royal deplorable ass bitch.

by Anonymousreply 458December 28, 2017 7:13 AM

She doesn't have an 'ass' R458.

English call it 'arse'.

by Anonymousreply 459December 28, 2017 7:28 AM

She has a flat ass.

by Anonymousreply 460December 28, 2017 7:43 AM

R453 Who, your mom?

by Anonymousreply 461December 28, 2017 8:20 AM

R436 One of my worst fears is to offend Oprah and Maxipad Waters.

by Anonymousreply 462December 28, 2017 8:26 AM

R456 He's only black from waist down to his knees.

by Anonymousreply 463December 28, 2017 8:32 AM

R440, Her name isn't Michael, you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 464December 28, 2017 8:40 AM

Dear r450, Don't tell anyone else what they may or may not say.

by Anonymousreply 465December 28, 2017 8:52 AM

Fuck PM, the Nazi daughter Kunt. Her pussy stinks like sauerkraut and Earl Grey (Twinings).

by Anonymousreply 466December 28, 2017 9:34 AM

R465 Racist pig!

by Anonymousreply 467December 29, 2017 10:03 AM

Well the Royal engagement is progressing *splendidly*:

- Harry already publicly insulted Markle's whole family (insinuating that she's some kind of orphan).

- Markle's step-sister is writing a dishy tell-all.

- Princess Michael donned controversial Blackamoor jewelry, as a potential backhanded compliment-slash-insult to Markle.

- Markle abandoned one of her dogs in the US "with a friend", and her other dog now *mysteriously* has 2 broken legs.

What a clusterfuck.

by Anonymousreply 468December 29, 2017 10:32 AM

correction: *half-sister.

by Anonymousreply 469December 29, 2017 10:35 AM

Btw, Markle's marrying into one of the most elitist, class-obsessed families in the world.

Any social media outrage about a racially / culturally insensitive brooch is laughable. Because it's an open secret that most of the Royals are exactly that - rich, out-of-touch bigots. Look at Prince Philip. It's like marrying into Trump's family.

If Markle is smart, she knows exactly what she's marrying into - a regressive multi-millionaires' club. Supporting a symbolic, anachronistic monarchy is a step back for any self-proclaimed progressive like her.

by Anonymousreply 470December 29, 2017 10:59 AM

R470 You might complain that they are "out-of-touch bigots" and "a regressive ... club" yet this Markle woman has made her own decision to join it.

by Anonymousreply 471December 29, 2017 11:11 AM

R470 But if you were a billionaire, You would live in a ghetto and spend all your days passing out money to homeless people.

by Anonymousreply 472December 29, 2017 11:20 AM

R472 - your comment (about fortune & charity) bears no relation to mine (about it being no surprise that the Monarchical family is racist and classist).

Oh, I completely agree, R471. Markle prides herself on writing a letter against a TV ad stereotyping women. And then she grows up and marries into a family where brides are expected to be complacent baby-machines, pushing out 'heirs' for the dynasty. She'll have to curtsy before 'higher-ups' (especially when not accompanied by her male spouse).

What a ridiculous turn of fate. Hopefully the money is worth it.

by Anonymousreply 473December 29, 2017 11:29 AM

Markle seems like those fake progressive feminist. She was a feminist when it was convenient but once she saw an opportunity to enrich herself in terms of fame and prestige the feminist talk was not as important. She will not become a rich submissive wife of a prince.

by Anonymousreply 474December 29, 2017 12:30 PM

This mulatto will want out in less than 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 475December 29, 2017 12:32 PM

Why do we care more about a stupid broach than we do about the majority of people using the epithet "faggot" every five seconds?

Oh yes, because gay men are cannon fodder to straight people.

by Anonymousreply 476December 29, 2017 1:01 PM

Meant to state she will now become a rich submissive wife of a famous prince. Feminist my ass.

by Anonymousreply 477December 29, 2017 1:09 PM

I'm sure God is frowning on the concept of a "Royal family". It really is ridicules in this day in age.

by Anonymousreply 478December 30, 2017 7:16 AM

BROOCH! BROOCH! Broach is a fucking verb!

by Anonymousreply 479December 30, 2017 6:09 PM

Oh Honey, that old cunt was just looking for attention and she got it. Now she's known, worldwide, as the racist ass cunt she very likely is. Allegedly. Yes, indeed, got to love the self-sabotaging of the inbred royal imbecile that she reportedly is. You know, like highly likely.

by Anonymousreply 480December 30, 2017 6:17 PM

R479 is working him/herself into a major nervous breakdown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481December 30, 2017 6:24 PM

That pasty royal family needs a bit o' flava.

by Anonymousreply 482December 30, 2017 6:27 PM

It's a harmless little homage to slavery. Calm down.

by Anonymousreply 483December 30, 2017 6:49 PM

I must admit it’s like r479 is reading my mind. Every time I read a mis-spelled word it jars.

BROOCH. BROOCH. BROOCH.

by Anonymousreply 484December 30, 2017 11:43 PM

R479 Breathe bitch, breathe! Use your smelling salts, it's all good, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 485December 31, 2017 6:24 AM

R484 I no, rite? Peeple are so dum these daze, Merry!

by Anonymousreply 486December 31, 2017 6:29 AM

This elegant woman is photographed in her country house wearing gowns by Norman Hartnell. Her mantle is decorated with vases and delicate porcelain children and an ancient Japanese flautist.

Are these decorations much different from what is being complained about in this thread?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487January 5, 2019 11:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!