Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Twitter Users Tell Susan Sarandon to STFU After She Thanks Black Voters for Electing Doug Jones

(...) So, in gratitude, Susan Sarandon tweeted, “Thank you African Americans in Alabama who organized and fought their way to the polls despite so much voter suppression. Thank you Selma once again. Respect.”

The backlash started almost immediately.

You Help Screw Black People Last Year. You're not welcome. pic.twitter.com/uU4pjthsjd

— Rico 81(@reesetheone1) December 13, 2017

You helped elect Donald Trump last year…STFU

— Monica Roberts (@TransGriot) December 14, 2017

Susan, black folks do what we gotta do to survive in turmoil! We always have! It’s not about you! You also tried to break us down! No, thanks! #BlackWomen

— Mahogany Brown (@WkndGirl) December 13, 2017

Hang your head in SHAME! #DougJones wldn't have been #progressive enough for you! Wld you have thrown your vote to #RoyMoore just as u suggested you'd do w/Trump or given it to a 3rd party candidate just as you did? Because you helped elect the original Roy Moore. #NetNeutality

— Deborah DiClementi (@DD733) December 14, 2017

F*ck you Susan! Your actions hurt all POC. Families are being torn apart because your white privilege thought Trump was better than Hillary. I’ll never forgive you.

— Puppymnkey (@RobinBrenizer) December 14, 2017

You’re a faux-progressive, regressive.

— Sarah Smith (@SLSmith000) December 14, 2017

Don't talk to us! This is how much you care for POC.

— Grandma Gretchen (@wechoosewisdom) December 14, 2017

(...) A recent interview with The Guardian concluded, “Liberals in the U.S., it seems, can summon more hatred for Sarandon right now than they can for Paul Ryan. Most infuriating of all, to her critics, is that she won’t admit her error.”

In the interview, Susan Sarandon said, “It’s very flattering to think that I, on my own, cost the election. That my little voice was the deciding factor.”

And regarding Clinton, she says, “I did think she was very, very dangerous. We would still be fracking, we would be at war [if she was president]. It wouldn’t be much smoother. Look what happened under Obama that we didn’t notice.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2018 3:51 PM

She's a cunt!

NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 1December 15, 2017 7:34 PM

I'm so glad people are not forgiving her. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 2December 15, 2017 7:34 PM

Can someone please call her a CUNT on Twitter for me. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 3December 15, 2017 7:34 PM

*snickering nastily*

Can’t stand her. Talk about “virtue signaling”.

by Anonymousreply 4December 15, 2017 7:39 PM

It's a wonder she hasn't shut down her Twitter account.

Dumped ex Tim Robbins thinks folks should back off, as piling on hurts the cause

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 15, 2017 7:39 PM

[quote]And regarding Clinton, she says, “I did think she was very, very dangerous. We would still be fracking, we would be at war [if she was president]. It wouldn’t be much smoother. Look what happened under Obama that we didn’t notice.”

This is just bizarre at this point.

I wonder if there isn't some envy on Sarandon's part. Tim Robbins is a philanderer, just like Bill Clinton. But the Clintons managed to work it out, while Robbins extracted himself from the relationship with Sarandon so he could freely fuck young women.

by Anonymousreply 6December 15, 2017 7:41 PM

My favorite top comment on one of her cunt posts :

Susan Sarandon‏Verified account @SusanSarandon

Thank you Alabama, you’ve given me hope for the future of this Nation. Decency and real American values rule the day.

----------------

Xii‏ @kristii_horn Replying to @SusanSarandon

I’d love to hear why this moderate Dem gives you hope, but the 2016 moderate Dem presidential candidate was “more dangerous” than Trump. What’s the diff?

Exactly !! What a fucking hypocrite asshole she is !

by Anonymousreply 7December 15, 2017 7:41 PM

Anything she's involved in I don't watch, even that episode of rick and morty, which is ok because pickle rick is probably the worst episode.

by Anonymousreply 8December 15, 2017 7:43 PM

She should just shut up about politics. She lost all her credibility with Dems and minorities by practically endorsing Trump as the better candidate. And it's not like she wasn't given a chance to admit she was wrong either in the past year. She actually continues to bad mouth Hillary to this day.

by Anonymousreply 9December 15, 2017 7:49 PM

Her twitter is 100% political fake concern bullshit, when she advocated LOUDLY against Hillary for months.

She's a hypocrite of biblical proportions. Fucking scum.

by Anonymousreply 10December 15, 2017 7:52 PM

She's one of those tiresome, holier-than-thou types who thinks she knows more than she does.

by Anonymousreply 11December 15, 2017 7:58 PM

She's so fucking smug.

by Anonymousreply 12December 15, 2017 8:03 PM

Happy to see the hatred for her still lives. She can go kiss Jill Stein's butt. I hope no progressive takes the bait and allows her to campaign for them.

by Anonymousreply 13December 15, 2017 8:04 PM

"Smug" is right, r12. I was listening to a podcast of an interview of hers recently, my god the way she trashed LA and californians for no apparent reason and the condescending/patronising way she spoke in general made me turn it off (I'm a euro, by the way, I have no dog in the NY vs LA fight).

by Anonymousreply 14December 15, 2017 8:15 PM

Sarandon has has twisted pretzel logic for several years now. I'm sure she's heading down the path to senility.

by Anonymousreply 15December 15, 2017 8:15 PM

[quote]Thank you African Americans

Isn't that a strange way of saying thank you to the Black community of Alabama? It just sounds weird to my ear.

by Anonymousreply 16December 15, 2017 8:54 PM

We love you, Susan! An inspiration to all women. We don't want to let you down.

by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2018 3:39 PM

Susie, have you got the Dementia? Maybe you need an MRI or something.

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2018 3:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!