Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Schitt's Creek - Season 4

[quote]Schitt's Creek - Season 4 Full-Length Trailer

[quote]The wait is almost over! This January, your favorite comedy is back. The Rose family returns to Pop with all-new episodes Wednesday, January 24, at 8/7c.

Schitt's Creek - Season 4 Full-Length Trailer

The wait is almost over! This January, your favorite comedy is back. The Rose family returns to Pop with all-new episodes Wednesday, January 24, at 8/7c. ABO...

by Anonymousreply 40207/16/2019

Thanks, I love this show.

by Anonymousreply 112/14/2017

The video is geo blocked for me :(

by Anonymousreply 212/14/2017

January 24 can’t come fast enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312/14/2017

Here’s a Tweet with a Canadian link, R1, maybe this one will work for you.

dan levy on Twitter

“Oh, Canada...Here’s your first official look at season 4! ????????? https://t.co/0XoO1kfgmO”

by Anonymousreply 412/14/2017

R4 Thanks, but still blocked :(

by Anonymousreply 512/14/2017

Here’s another random YouTube link, R5, the quality isn’t as goos as the official trailers but maybe it will work.

Spoilers Schitt's Creek - Season 4 premieres January 9. Part 1

Schist's Creek Cast Season 4 part2/2 https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=eshDapcJ-O0 SCHITT'S CREEK Spoilers: David has LONGEST relationship he has eve...

by Anonymousreply 612/15/2017

It’s pouring rain so I’m hiding indoors and marathoning seasons 1-3.

by Anonymousreply 712/23/2017

Good news. This is a little gem of a show with a good heart and a very funny, talented cast.

by Anonymousreply 812/23/2017

I’m sorry but I love, love, love at least 2 of the principals on this show but, after watching a number of episodes from the first 3 seasons, I’m still waiting for it to be actually funny.

by Anonymousreply 912/23/2017

R6 Thank you, that one worked :) It looks funny. I'll definitely watch the new season.

by Anonymousreply 1012/23/2017

It's kind of adorable how the show tries to be mean, but ends up being more on the whimsical side. Like the whole storyline of David and his shop could have gone full on AbFab with David insulting the customers, but instead he gets himself a cute business partner and the opening goes full on Hallmark happy end. Very feel-good comedy.

by Anonymousreply 1112/23/2017

This show really does have so much heart and every episode makes me laugh out loud at least 2 or 3 times. The cast has wonderful chemistry and it's always a treat to figure out what the hell Catherine O'Hara will be wearing in each scene.

by Anonymousreply 1212/23/2017
by Anonymousreply 1301/16/2018

Episode 2 preview

Schitt's Creek on Twitter

“On the next episode of #SchittsCreek... Join us Tuesday night at 9/9:30NT on @CBC! https://t.co/HQwJ7Z1871”

by Anonymousreply 1401/16/2018

This is so cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1501/16/2018

I wrote this in another thread, but I think it's funny how the family thinks they're changing the town but they're actually becoming like the town residents themselves and don't even see it.

by Anonymousreply 1601/16/2018

Where can you find this show?

by Anonymousreply 1701/16/2018

Never mind, I found it, started watching the pilot, and haven't laughed once in 15 minutes. Do I need to give it more time?

by Anonymousreply 1801/16/2018

Lots of hot man on man macking on last nights episode.

by Anonymousreply 1901/17/2018

R18 there are some laugh out loud moments, but the show is more whimsical and smile inducing with a lot of heart

by Anonymousreply 2001/17/2018

Love it and looking forward to the new episodes.

Link back to one of the earliest threads:

Is anyone watching "Schitt's Creek"?

It looks hilarious. I don't know why I haven't watched it yet. I love the leads and by the ads it has a very "Curb Your Enthusiasm" vibe. By the ads, I think Martha Plimpton would be funny in this.

by Anonymousreply 2101/17/2018

If you like cocktails, this show, like ABFAB, goes great with them.

by Anonymousreply 2201/17/2018

Catherine O'Hara is hysterical in this.

by Anonymousreply 2301/17/2018

Loved the new episode, it was actually funny with several laugh out loud moments. It was also very cute with David and Patrick being so loved up. Glad they finally got some alone time.

by Anonymousreply 2401/21/2018

I'm not in Canada so I didn't see it yet

by Anonymousreply 2501/21/2018

[quote]I'm not in Canada so I didn't see it yet

I'm not in Canada either, I cheat by using Zooqle.

[quote]Lots of hot man on man macking on last nights episode.

I like Patrick but I wouldn't mind seeing more of Jake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2601/21/2018

[quote]Catherine O'Hara is hysterical in this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2701/21/2018

FYI the show just got renewed for 14 more episodes in Season 5..

by Anonymousreply 2803/06/2018

When is Catherine NOT hysterical?

by Anonymousreply 2903/07/2018

I like how much emphasis there is this season on the sweet gay relationship

by Anonymousreply 3003/07/2018

Awesome! Glad it will be back for another season.

by Anonymousreply 3103/07/2018

Moira, as played by O'Hara:

The reason this okay show becomes a must-see for me.

by Anonymousreply 3203/07/2018

I like the dry wit and awkward comedy. It's not HAHA funny. It's smirk funny.

Plus, the love song scene last episode was sweet. Patrick is so' Canadian cute.'

How Schitt's Creek Created the Most Romantic Scene on TV

Prepare to have your cold hearts melted

by Anonymousreply 3303/07/2018

Is that Madonna in american life era?

by Anonymousreply 3403/07/2018

This show is great. I love Patrick. Such an ideal bf.

by Anonymousreply 3503/07/2018

I enjoyed the surprise new wrinkle, I hope the boys get through it.

by Anonymousreply 3603/07/2018

I love this show. Surreal at times.

by Anonymousreply 3703/07/2018

Perhaps the word you mean is "absurdist" or "darkly comic."

If it were surreal, a banana would talk or a moose would book a room.

Definition of SURREAL

marked by the intense irrational reality of a dream; also : unbelievable, fantastic; surrealistic… See the full definition

by Anonymousreply 3803/07/2018

One critic described the show as "underwritten," which I think is apt.

The scripts and pacing need to be punched up. It's all a bit too low-energy.

by Anonymousreply 3903/07/2018

It's Canadian. That is their high-energy.

by Anonymousreply 4003/07/2018

R38, No I didn't! You are mistaking Surrealism, an Artistic Movement with a Manifesto, with the adjective Surreal: Marked by intense irrationality, unbelievably fantastic, i.e. Surreal sums of money, Ironically you provide a shitty link to a crap American dictionary, but it's very definition is what I use here to explain to you my word choice is correct usage. Did YOU look the word up? Go away you twit!

by Anonymousreply 4103/08/2018

I'm rewatching the latest episode (the one about the BBQ) and just had a DL moment as David actually sniffs a cookie. Coincidence?

by Anonymousreply 4203/11/2018

It's been renewed for season five, new episodes out in early 2019

by Anonymousreply 4303/12/2018

The show is so utterly charming. I love David making all these faces, like he's right in the middle of either being electrocuted or having a stroke, reacting to just random things. At first I was a bit puzzled about his contempt for open mic night, in episode six, since he did perform some crazy duet with his mom a couple of episodes ago, but then it turned out it's about something other than performing in public. And the show's right back to being utterly charming.

by Anonymousreply 4403/12/2018

OMG, that's Stacey Farber from Degrassi: Next Generation in the BBQ episode. In her early seasons she was Marco's beard, pretend girlfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4503/12/2018

Go, Canada!

by Anonymousreply 4603/12/2018

R41 has STATED her SURREAL BOUNDARIES!

Pick your own dictionary choice, queen, but the show is not "unreal, bizarre, unusual, weird, strange, freakish, unearthly, uncanny," or "dreamlike."

It's just odd and Canadian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4703/12/2018

You try parallel parking in a burka, David. I love the odd stuff Alexis aludes to about her past.

by Anonymousreply 4803/12/2018

Love Dustin Milligan (Ted the Vet).

by Anonymousreply 4903/12/2018

Love that, at the final moments of the episode, Ted texts her again and this time intentionally. Mixed signals, much?

by Anonymousreply 5003/12/2018

Great show.

by Anonymousreply 5103/12/2018

Loved the ending of this week's episode. Simply the best.

by Anonymousreply 5203/21/2018

I wonder if the ex-fiancee will resurface later. Adds all sorts of opportunity for conflict and plot twists (as long as he ends up with David, that guy needs someone sane to bring him back down to reality).

by Anonymousreply 5303/21/2018

This show is really not funny and I love Eugene and Catherine.

by Anonymousreply 5403/21/2018

Cute!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5503/21/2018

Hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5603/21/2018

Fuck! Now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5703/21/2018

Call me Mary! but I am pretty amazed how they can turn vapid Alexis into a mature adult without compromising her vapidness. Like in the latest episode when she's with her friend from when she was still rich and decides against being part of her friend's entourage (or take that job she offers for her father's company).

by Anonymousreply 5803/29/2018

R58 I love Alexis! When she goes with David to take his driving test and he is freaking out with nerves, she says "Nobody cares, David!" He realizes she is right and passes it. It's just too hard to decide which of the family is my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 5903/29/2018

Agreed R58. In the bar when the friend says about not seeing each for a long time and how they should get together again and says, "I don't want this to happen again" and Alexis says, "It won't" I got a big smile on my face. She just shaded the vapid friend and she was too vapid to realize it.

by Anonymousreply 6003/29/2018

Alexis' winsome glances around the shabby motel rooms (when she considered leaving) were so subtle and endearing. I'm loving her character (and the actress) more with each episode.

by Anonymousreply 6103/29/2018

I like the way the facial expressions of Alexis and David mirror each other, as would be common with siblings in close proximity

by Anonymousreply 6203/29/2018

R52 they do a great job at playing those two characters with similar looks/expressions. For me, the best confirmation of this is believing these two actors are related, when his actual sister is on the show (Twyla the diner waitress is played by Sarah Levy).

by Anonymousreply 6303/29/2018

[quote]I like how much emphasis there is this season on the sweet gay relationship

r30, genuine question, both characters on the show are bi/pan, is it still considered a 'gay' relationship? Or is the proper term now 'same-sex' relationship?

by Anonymousreply 6403/29/2018

Schitt's Creek is so hilarious to me. Love the primary actors (Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara and their kids). However, the biggest laughs for me come from the supporting cast who are so deadpan in response to the over the top characters portrayed by Levy and O'Hara.

by Anonymousreply 6503/29/2018
Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek - Find & Share on GIPHY

Discover & share this Schitt's Creek GIF with everyone you know. GIPHY is how you search, share, discover, and create GIFs.

by Anonymousreply 6603/29/2018

Alexis' little hand gestures remind me of those begging cats:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6703/29/2018

mew?

Cat Would GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Discover & share this Cat GIF with everyone you know. GIPHY is how you search, share, discover, and create GIFs.

by Anonymousreply 6803/29/2018

I really want the recipe for lover’s curry to make for my frienemy.

by Anonymousreply 6903/29/2018

There is something delightfully underhanded about Twyla's character. She seems way smarter than she lets on (like giving Alexis the right idea about how to use discounts at Single's Night). I wouldn't be surprised if she is some sort of mastermind scheming her way to the top (whatever the top is in Schitt's Creek LOL).

by Anonymousreply 7003/30/2018

I love you R67 & R68.

by Anonymousreply 7103/30/2018

I love how all the food David brought for Jocelyn's shower were all foods pregnant women can't eat.

by Anonymousreply 7203/31/2018

Soft cheese? Really David?

by Anonymousreply 7303/31/2018

LOVED this week’s episode. Silly and sweet all rolled into one.

by Anonymousreply 7404/10/2018

Patrick is awesome. Ted the vet is so hot

by Anonymousreply 7504/10/2018

David is annoyingly adorable in his own damaged way. Just when you think he’s an ass, he manages to surprise you. Actually that’s probably the common trait in that show. Good that Patrick is seeing through the crap and making him a better person without being that “I’ll fix him” character.

by Anonymousreply 7604/10/2018

I'm so happy that America has taken a liking to this show. Often , Canadian humour tends to be influenced by the Britts and often a little too sophisticated for middle America. This Candian now has faith that many American truly have taste and are open to more than just a Football and reality tv

by Anonymousreply 7704/10/2018

I love the latest episode.

Love the reveal that the very pregnant Jocelyn has to drive herself to the hospital, because Moira is too stressed out.

Johnny Moira Schitt *LOL*. And the moment neither Johnny nor Moira want to hold the baby.

Love Patrick ruining the moment with David's big love gesture and monologue by passive agressively reminding him about the tea he was supposed to bring.

I fear for Alexis and Ted. That was such a great and wonderful rom-com happy ending, but the show's still going for at least one more season, right?

by Anonymousreply 7804/11/2018

Yup renewed for at least one more.

by Anonymousreply 7904/11/2018

Good to hear, r79. It is a sweet show with a very good cast. A minor gem that might become a cult hit even after it is gone

by Anonymousreply 8004/12/2018

That's a good way of putting it, R80, and I agree.

by Anonymousreply 8104/12/2018

David certainly likes wearing a skirt.

by Anonymousreply 8204/13/2018

Scorcese directing sounds like a name-dropping exercise but this upcoming Netflix project should be interesting based on the cast alone.

Martin Scorsese to Direct SCTV Retrospective Special for Netflix

Second City Television, the famed Canadian sketch comedy series that helped launch the careers of numerous superstars, is making a comeback with a little help from Martin Scorsese. Netflix announce…

by Anonymousreply 8304/14/2018

Catherine O'Hara and Eugene Levy are both so talented and great at playing character parts. Of course it would be a hokey stunt, but I'd love to see an episode where they get to play different people--like the old "evil twin" plots we used to love to hate on soaps and sitcoms, or a dream sequence or something. Or semi-lookalikes that just randomly wander into town one day.

Just one episode, though.

by Anonymousreply 8404/15/2018

They’re going to do a Christmas episode this year. Only 8 months left to wait.

by Anonymousreply 8504/15/2018

Confession: I only started to watch the show because of Jake but I'm glad I did. Sorry not sorry!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8604/16/2018

Oh please r77, Canadian sitcoms often just suck. Schitts Creek is a rare exception.

by Anonymousreply 8704/16/2018

Season 2 was a bit difficult, but I have really enjoyed binging seasons 3 and 4

by Anonymousreply 8806/17/2018

The cast at Toronto Pride.

dan levy on Twitter

“Today I’m marching in @PrideToronto with the cast and crew of @SchittsCreek - a show that celebrates just how bright you can shine when you’re surrounded by love and acceptance. I don’t think I could be prouder if I tried. Happy Pride! ?????”

by Anonymousreply 8906/25/2018

There are so many things to like about this show.

The way the character (Bob?) always moves his body when entering, and his passive aggressive way of making his feelings known.

The way Ted roars up on his new motorcycle with his new beard and new muscles and just happens to notice Alexis standing there.

The way David and Patrick have worked their way up to a relationship that's so sweet and solid.

Johnny being the one still kind of out of his depth, but really trying hard.

The way Johnny and Moira defended the town to their snobby friends.

Alexis growing enough to know she really didn't deserve Ted, and that leaving his office enabled him to hire someone who would be good at the job.

Moira saying, "Of course it is," when Jake said his name was Jake. And showing a lot of Jake's chest.

by Anonymousreply 9006/25/2018

It made this list of seven things people don't watch because the title alone keeps them away. Which is completely childish, in my opinion. This comment nails it:

[quote]Honestly if you’re avoiding Schitt’s Creek for the name alone, you’re only hurting yourself. The show is a joy bomb in a garbage world and it’s funny as hell to boot. If you want to deprive yourself of that because you think the name is stupid, I don’t know what to tell you.

No thanks, King Gizzard: 7 examples of pop culture where the name alone keeps you away

Welcome back to AVQ&A, where we throw out a question for discussion among the staff and readers. Consider this a prompt to compare notes on your interface with pop culture, to reveal your embarrassing tastes and experiences, and to ponder how our diverse lives all led us to convene here together. Got a question you’d like us and the readers to answer? Email us at avcqa@theonion.com.

by Anonymousreply 9107/06/2018

Episode 13 of Season 4 airing this week, a funny and touching “Holiday Special”. Johnny remembers the lavish parties they used to throw when money was no object, and tries to recapture the Christmas spirit. Special musical cameo by Paul Shaffer.

by Anonymousreply 9212/18/2018

The Christmas Special wasn't bad but the season five trailer made me very excited.

by Anonymousreply 9312/19/2018

I've been rewatching season one and I forgot how awful Alexis was. In a funny and oddly charming way, but still...pretty obnoxious. They've done a great job with her character growth. I think she will become worthy of Ted. Not sure David will ever be worthy of Patrick, but sometimes life is like that. Which reminds me...

[quote]both characters on the show are bi/pan

Nitpick: Pretty sure Patrick is gay. He said something along the lines of his past relationships with women never feeling right.

by Anonymousreply 9412/19/2018

I found the Patrick/David stuff to be a bit tedious. David feels very differently written this season. I suppose he's developing, but I'm not a huge fan of his arc. Dan Levy writes for the show, too, so I'm surprised.

by Anonymousreply 9512/19/2018

There was a Christmas special?

by Anonymousreply 9612/19/2018

I have grown to love Alexis. I think the actress has done an amazing job taking on Daniel Levy's ticks - they really seem like brother and sister.

by Anonymousreply 9712/19/2018

[quote]they really seem like brother and sister.

She does a great job at making that believable, especially since his “real” sister is also on the show (Twyla the waitress).

by Anonymousreply 9812/19/2018

Just been catching up to this series on Netflix over the past couple of weeks. I’ve always loved Levy and O’Hara, but at first I found the concept too broad. It was like “Green Acres” but with all four family members as Ava Gabor. (And that wasn’t as much fun as it sounds.) It was amusing but never actually funny (to me).

Suddenly with ep 1.5 I thought they had a strong entry, and the series kept building and getting better for me after that. Whether because the writers and actors had begun to hit their stride or because I finally got onto the wavelength of the series, I don’t know. The way the individual family members have become more vulnerable and empathetic over four seasons has been wonderful. It’s happened gradually and without sacrificing the citified characters’ sarcastic humor. I do think there is much too much Chris Elliott as Mayor Schitt throughout the series, a little of him goes a long way.

The love story between David (Daniel Levy, who I like but who mugs and pulls faces too much) and Patrick (Noah Reid, beefy and adorable, would love to see that ass naked) which is teased out slowly in the latter part of season 3 and throughout season 4 is a deep pleasure and a complete surprise, done with much warmth. Really one of the best gay love story arcs I’ve ever seen on TV. And I agree that Annie Murphy as Alexis has grown tremendously in the part and turned her vapid character into a real mensch. I’m rooting for Alexis and Ted (a cutie playing a character as NICE as Americans think all Canadians are).

I would say to those who don’t really like the first few eps: stick with it, give it a chance, there is a pervasive humanity about it that is very winning and I’ve come to love this show.

by Anonymousreply 9912/19/2018

And the show is even better after I have a puff or two of medical marijuana.

by Anonymousreply 10012/19/2018

Where can I watch the Christmas episode? Been looking everywhere but can't find it. The usual sites that post tv episodes don't have it either. And before you tell me to watch it on the original website, I'm not Canadian, nor am I American.

by Anonymousreply 10112/24/2018

The scripts say he's pansexual, but Dan Levy plays David as gay.

by Anonymousreply 10212/24/2018

Never mind, I found a place to watch it. I really liked the episode. This part was especially cute.

Matt Grigsby on Twitter

“Sweet boys on Christmas Eve. ?????????? (@danjlevy @olreid) #SchittsCreek”

by Anonymousreply 10312/25/2018

I was disappointed in the Christmas special. It wasn't funny and even the rhythm was off, like it was under rehearsed or something.

With all the characters except Moira in a good place, I wonder what storylines they will come up with for season five. You know at some point someone will try to buy the town and the Roses will refuse to sell. They could get a lot of mileage out of that but it feels like something for the final season. Hopefully season five won't be the last.

by Anonymousreply 10412/29/2018

When does season 5 start?

by Anonymousreply 10512/29/2018

r48 - I had no idea David Burtka was in this show! Does that we mean we have to put up with the inevitable NPH cameo? Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 10612/29/2018

Love the show EXCEPT they could kill off Chris Elliot and it would improve tenfold. And the title does seem to be a protracted “doody” joke and not nearly as clever as they must have thought it would be. But no other quibbles.

by Anonymousreply 10712/29/2018

R105 January 8th in Canada. January 16th in the US.

by Anonymousreply 10812/29/2018

R107 yeah I had friends who refused to watch it simply because of the title. Finally managed to convince them and now they’re big fans. I think the title is hurting them.

by Anonymousreply 10912/29/2018

I think a lot of the non-viewers who are offended by the title would be equally offended by the type of humour, so not a huge loss. Can’t please everyone all the time. One of my favourite shows, rewatching most of it over the holidays until the new season starts.

by Anonymousreply 11012/29/2018

I agree with that. If the title offends you, the show probably will, too. Probably better if they don't see it.

I don't think of it as a "dirty" or "mature" show, but it's definitely more adult humor. I've had to persuade people to watch it mostly because they thought the title sounded stupid, not offensive.

by Anonymousreply 11112/29/2018

I find Dan Levy so attractive. He always seems to wear those big ass shirts and sweaters, so I have no idea what his body looks like, but he's adorable and sexy.

by Anonymousreply 11212/29/2018

Some guy on here claimed Dan wanted to spit roasted by him and his boyfriend but they declined.

by Anonymousreply 11312/29/2018

Dan Levy shirtless

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11412/29/2018

It's a mockup fake TIgerbeat esc cover, but pretty sure his body isn't photoshoped, even if it is old.

by Anonymousreply 11512/29/2018

January will be good to us gays. New season of Schitt's Creek and the premiere of that Roswell reboot. The reboot will probably be terrible but at least it has a gay storyline.

by Anonymousreply 11612/29/2018

Not bad. I always assumed Dan was maybe a little on the chunkier side, but he looks great there if it is, in fact, a real picture of him.

by Anonymousreply 11712/29/2018

I'm cautiously optimistic about the Roswell gay storyline. They can easily screw it up.

by Anonymousreply 11812/29/2018

The image of a spit roasted Dan Levy is very hot. Sounds like he's a fun little slut himself.

by Anonymousreply 11912/29/2018

Dan's arms

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12012/29/2018

R118 Yeah, it's on the CW so it's probably a good idea to not get your hopes up. The CW manages to screw up every single gay storyline. They seem to have no problem portraying lesbians though, go figure. Meanwhile the gays are barely there and neutered. Anyways, at least the gay character will be played by an actor I assume is gay (or at least bi). He isn't out but he's not really hiding either from what I can tell by looking at his Insta.

by Anonymousreply 12112/29/2018

Did anyone actually say they were offended by the title?

by Anonymousreply 12212/29/2018

No, nobody said they were offended.by the title. I said it wasn’t very clever, which is too bad as the rest of the show certainly is. But I did say Chris Elliot is a major drag.

by Anonymousreply 12312/29/2018

r101 , it's up on torrents, if you want to go that route. I hope they re-air it at some point.

by Anonymousreply 12412/30/2018

R124 Thanks, but I found it somewhere else. Turns out someone uploaded it to Dailymotion, lol.

by Anonymousreply 12512/30/2018

Noah Reid, who plays Patrick, is engaged to his girilfriend

‘Schitt’s Creek’ Star Noah Reid Engaged To Girlfriend Clare Lydia Michelle

Canada’s own Noah Reid rang in the New Year in the most romantic way. RELATED: 'Schitt's Creek' Star Emily Hampshire And Singer Teddy Geiger Confirm They're Dating The "Schitt's Creek" star revealed in an Instagram post on New Year's Eve that he and his longtime girlfriend Clare Lydia Michelle got engaged. https://www.instagram.com/p/BsEKXG8no5K/?utm_source=ig_embed “Roommates for life,” the…

by Anonymousreply 12601/01/2019

I've finally been watching the last season and I'm mostly surprised by how weirdly moving it is. There have been moments involving David and Alexis that actually made me tear up. Just when I think this show can't get any better, it starts getting deeper and funnier.

by Anonymousreply 12701/01/2019

Dan Levy is adorkable on this show. Someone above hinted he’s gay in real life. Is that true?

by Anonymousreply 12801/28/2019

Of course he is R128

by Anonymousreply 12901/28/2019

Someone on here claimed Dan propositioned to get spit roasted by him and his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 13001/28/2019

[quote] his “real” sister is also on the show (Twyla the waitress).

It must suck being a girl with a prettier brother.

by Anonymousreply 13101/28/2019

Well well well

Looks like SC is nominated in the GLAAD Media Awards comedy category, along with B99, Modern Family, Will & Grace and others....

GLAAD Media Awards: Schitt's Creek and Black Lightning Earn First Nods, Sense8 Gets Its Last, Soaps Dropped

Schitt’s Creek, Black Lightning, Pose and Vida are among the first-time contenders at the 30th GLAAD Media Awards, whose nominations were announced on Friday by Mj Rodriguez (Pose) and Nico S…

by Anonymousreply 13201/28/2019

How odd it must be for the actor who portrays Patrick to act all gay, when in real life, he's not.

by Anonymousreply 13301/29/2019

R133 Yes it must be absolute hell for the actor to have to pretend to be something he's not.

by Anonymousreply 13401/29/2019

[quote] The scripts say he's pansexual, but Dan Levy plays David as gay.

When they first explicitly addressed David's sexuality on the show (in Stevie's and David's sexuality), that was the point: Stevie made clear that she had thought David was gay, and David explained people often assume he's gay but he's really pansexual.

by Anonymousreply 13501/29/2019

Dan Levy is gorgeous, IMO. He's going to age really strangely unless he works out religiously (all men with those kinds of features and eyebrows otherwise age like Aristotle Onassis), but right now he is so sexy.

He's a genuinely good actor, too, though he is not as funny as his father, and neither is as funny as Catherine O'Hara.

by Anonymousreply 13601/29/2019

One thing I'm disappointed with the show is that in the first two seasons we saw more of the bizarre town and it's inhabitants. Now it's just an ensemble cast each week with an occasional visit by one of the townsfolk.

by Anonymousreply 13701/29/2019

Any dish on Ennis Esmer?

by Anonymousreply 13801/31/2019

[quote] How odd it must be for the actor who portrays Patrick to act all gay, when in real life, he's not.

It’s called acting, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 13901/31/2019

[quote] It must suck being a girl with a prettier brother.

She’s very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 14001/31/2019

Too bad Catherine O'Hara is wasted in this garbage.

by Anonymousreply 14101/31/2019

R141, lots of people (including me) love her on this show.

by Anonymousreply 14201/31/2019

Did we know that the actress playing "Stevie" is a lesbian in real life, and recently got married to......a woman!

by Anonymousreply 14302/01/2019

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 14402/01/2019

R143 thinks it’s 1988.

by Anonymousreply 14502/01/2019

I didn’t know that R143. Thanks for the info.

by Anonymousreply 14602/01/2019

While I love this show (even the uneven seasons), find Dan Levy oddly attractive (as well as lusting over Dustin Milligan), and think Stevie is Canadianly hysterical, the actress/role of Jocelyn is by far the best part of the series. She is the perfect foil for Moira, even though her inclusion requires Chris Elliot (who is the worst part of the series and brings it down considerably). Everytime Jocelyn walks on screen she brings such a light to her scenes (roll your eyes bitches).

by Anonymousreply 14702/01/2019

Bring back Mutt!

by Anonymousreply 14802/08/2019

This season has been a dud. I love David and Patrick's relationship but the show in itself is just not funny anymore.

by Anonymousreply 14902/08/2019

R147 I agree. I love Jocelyn too.

by Anonymousreply 15002/08/2019

Jocelyn is great. I do think Chris Elliot really is the weakest part of the show. If they killed him off, I wouldn't be sad. He's kinda like William H.Macy on Shameless. He's outstayed his welcome and just needs to go, because he's bringing down an otherwise stellar ensemble.

by Anonymousreply 15102/08/2019

R143 is wrong; she is engaged to a man.

by Anonymousreply 15202/08/2019

I like David and Patrick, but wish they chemistry. They come across extremely neutered.

by Anonymousreply 15302/08/2019

R151, thank you for your post. I agree wholeheartedly. I am happy they’ve toned him down a good bit. There are fewer Roland-centric episodes and his material is subtler than in past seasons. Macy is Shameless is such a bore; although, his arc last season redeemed him somewhat.

R153, I find their relationship oddly comforting. They’re sort of ordinary.

Anyone else tired of the overuse of an extended “so” to end a sentence? I wonder if it’s a bit that they found funny and decided to pepper throughout each episode, a device to show Alexis and David’s impact on others (Stevie and others now use it), lazy writing, perhaps, smart writing reflecting a pervasive pattern in Canadian speech, or something else entirely.

by Anonymousreply 15402/08/2019

Love all the characters except Chris Elliott. He’s bring down every scene he’s in. Plus he’s so unattractive and his character s so gross, I fast forward through his sciences.

by Anonymousreply 15502/08/2019

R154 I haven’t noticed it yet, will have to pay more attention. All characters or just a select few? Apparently it’s a fairly common thing, basically ends a sentence by implying something without actually saying it. There’s even a Facebook group for those triggered by it, so... ;)

Why Do People End Sentences With the Word 'So?'

It implies that we both know what I'm talking about, and that it's probably nothing good.

by Anonymousreply 15602/08/2019

R156, thanks. Nice article. David and Alexis are the primary offenders. I believe Patrick had one this week and Stevie has gotten some in as well.

by Anonymousreply 15702/10/2019

Dan on The Late Show

Dan Levy's Show Got The Mariah Carey Bump

Dan Levy's 'Schitt's Creek' got the coveted Mariah Carey Twitter endorsement. Subscribe To "The Late Show" Channel HERE: http://bit.ly/ColbertYouTube For mor...

by Anonymousreply 15802/20/2019

Was there no new episode last night?

by Anonymousreply 15902/21/2019

There was a new one on CBC.

by Anonymousreply 16002/21/2019

I'm in love with the unfortunately straight Noah Reid (Patrick).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16102/21/2019

R159 There was a new episode Wednesday night on PopTV

by Anonymousreply 16202/21/2019

Fuck, my DVR didn't record it.

by Anonymousreply 16302/21/2019

Ooohh…..Patrick as the Emcee! Hope we get to see some of him all dressed up in costume! Sexy!

by Anonymousreply 16402/23/2019

Another amazing episode. I loved Alexis’ 30second audition. Had me howling with laughter. Moria and Stevie at the end was super sweet too.

by Anonymousreply 16502/26/2019

That was one of the best episodes ever. So much Moira, Alexis, Stevie and Jocelyn.

by Anonymousreply 16602/27/2019

FYI they recorded a full version of “A little bit Alexis” and it’s on Spotify Apple Music etc.

by Anonymousreply 16702/27/2019

I'll say it again: Jocelyn rules this show! The actress does so much with what she is given, it's remarkable. A perfect supporting character actress.

by Anonymousreply 16803/06/2019

The only character I dislike is Roland. He’s repulsive and I usually fast forward through his scenes

by Anonymousreply 16903/06/2019

The way Moira pronounced "conjure" made me angry. But I also learned a new word - lupanarian. Can't wait to throw it in the face of the first DLer who pisses me off.

by Anonymousreply 17003/06/2019

David was adorkable playing baseball.

by Anonymousreply 17103/07/2019

Love this show, but I do think this season isn't as funny. It's gotten to warm-and-fuzzy. It was funnier in Season 2 when David had a real edge.

by Anonymousreply 17203/07/2019

The show's basically on autopilot

by Anonymousreply 17303/07/2019

I've come to accept Chris' irritating character. It's worth waiting for Ohara's comedic genius. Also, Jennifer Robinson as Jocelyn is sweet and endearingly funny. The casino episode was hilarious. Annie Murphy and Emily Hampshire are great, too. Of course Dustin Milligan is hunky and sweet.

by Anonymousreply 17403/07/2019

They need to bring this guy back

Image: Steve Lund | X- the sexiest 2 | Pinterest | Hot guys, Sexy men and ...

Found on Google from pinterest.ca

by Anonymousreply 17503/08/2019

[quote]Well, what kind of ailurophobe sends their kitty out to play on such a busy stretch of highway?

Oh, Moira, educating the unwashed masses once again. Had to look that one up as well. This last episode has been a return to form, I think.

by Anonymousreply 17603/13/2019

David meets Wendy, his former boss, again. And she sells knock offs of his products and has a David look-a-like partner. LOL

And who is shocked, SHOCKED!, that Alexis has murdered tamagotchis?

by Anonymousreply 17703/13/2019

Had to LOL when Wendy explains that it’s her partner not her fiance, and David with a sigh of relief says that the discussion is going to be a lot less awkward now. But yes, product packaging AND David look-alikes was funny as hell. And Ronnie’s snail-paced bathroom reno gets trashed. Patrick’s not going to be a happy camper.

by Anonymousreply 17803/13/2019

Oh Antonio...

Salvatore Antonio on Twitter

“???? I’m dying ???? Oh Antonio... #SchittsCreek https://t.co/27G75NvbyU”

by Anonymousreply 17903/13/2019

WHERE WAS PATRICK???

by Anonymousreply 18003/13/2019

Obviously the budget couldn’t stretch to have both Patrick AND Ted.

by Anonymousreply 18103/13/2019

Patrick was at some boring tax seminar, for people who, you know, like to stay in business, as Stevie said.

by Anonymousreply 18203/14/2019

I loved Alexis' ineffectual role-playing.

And Moira texting Stevie at 3am "Leggings"

by Anonymousreply 18303/14/2019

So we get to meet Patrick's parents in the next episode. Am I right in assuming that he's not out to them?

by Anonymousreply 18403/15/2019

Ooh, that sounds juicy, r185!

by Anonymousreply 18503/15/2019

The show is all beautiful Dan Levy's baby, it was his concept and he writes about 4 episodes a season, and polishes up the rest written by others.

by Anonymousreply 18603/15/2019

r163 - its always available on poptv.com the next day - you have to watch the adds, but they conveniently dump most of the together right around the middle of the episode. They also have tons of extras. so it's worth a trip.

by Anonymousreply 18703/15/2019

Call me Mary!, but I love the end credits theme.

by Anonymousreply 18803/15/2019

[quote]I like David and Patrick, but wish they chemistry. They come across extremely neutered.

I don't see that at all. I think the chemistry amazing. You've got a barely out small town guy and a jaded, ridiculously worldly "pansexual" who clearly adore each other and are thriving in a not easy to thrive place because their differences complement each other perfectly. Chemistry is not about writhing in bed. That's lust. Chemistry lasts, lust fades after the first few loads.

by Anonymousreply 18903/15/2019

There was mention of some sort of coming out situation in S5, meeting Patrick’s parents could very well be it. Although I’m surprised/impressed the ex-fiancée we saw last season would have not leaked anything to her prospective in-laws.

by Anonymousreply 19003/15/2019

I love that fairytale fantasy of someone as grounded as Patrick is falling for someone as high strung as David. It gives you some great hilarity ensues moments like in the baseball episode.

by Anonymousreply 19103/15/2019

Catherine O’Hara The Schitt’s Creek star on her long career, sexism in comedy, and her favorite impressionists

Catherine O’Hara on Her Career, Sexism in Comedy, and Her Favorite Impressions

“I’ve been allowed to create my own characters and do my own writing and improvise and just create in such a free way,” says the Schitt’s Creek star.

by Anonymousreply 19203/20/2019

That episode was amazing. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 19303/20/2019

Moira’s vocabulary

Pettifogging Moira’s Vocabulary in Schitt’s Creek

Moira’s vocabulary in Schitt’s Creek is never boring. From her use of words like bombilating and bedeviled to her general ability to make everything sound im...

by Anonymousreply 19403/20/2019

R193 I liked it so much I watched it thrice. Moira at the soap actor’s convention had some funny dialogue as well.

by Anonymousreply 19503/20/2019

The episode was heartwarming but also pretty schmaltzy, let's be real. My favourite exchange:

[quote]Alexis dear, now is bad a time as any to tell you. There is a dark side to Mummy's industry, and I've tried to protect you from it your whole life.

[quote]You took me to the Playboy Mansion when I was seven.

[quote]And you had a wonderful time in the children's grotto.

by Anonymousreply 19603/20/2019

I love how they casually mention fans wanting to take pictures of feet.

by Anonymousreply 19703/20/2019

God bless Moira R196. I think my favorite line this season was "Different orchard, Jocelyn"

by Anonymousreply 19803/20/2019

Love Patrick's dad not getting David's fashion sense.

by Anonymousreply 19903/20/2019

No spoilers r199.

(but I have a sense of what will happen)

by Anonymousreply 20003/20/2019

I'm just catching up on past seasons because I didn't realize a Canadian TV show could be this good - apart from SCTV. It's too bad it's not getting more buzz in the US because it would rake in the Golden Globes and Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 20103/20/2019

Mira's subtle line in 10, "And then we hit it with our car," made me laugh out loud.... the best part of the episode.

by Anonymousreply 20203/20/2019

I love that Eugene Levy plays the “straight man”

by Anonymousreply 20303/20/2019

That's always been Levy's strength r203. He's got that innate sense of comic befuddlement that Newhart had. He's at his best when he's the ground wire for a bunch of crazies.

by Anonymousreply 20403/20/2019

I remember Eugene Levy from that hilarious send up he did of Perry Como on SCTV.

by Anonymousreply 20503/20/2019

I thought it was sweet as well. I adore Noah Reid and WANT TO BEAR HIS CHILDREN.

by Anonymousreply 20603/20/2019

Is this you R206????

Noah Reid on Instagram: “Roommates for life ????”

13.4k Likes, 428 Comments - Noah Reid (@olreid) on Instagram: “Roommates for life ????”

by Anonymousreply 20703/20/2019

I believe R206 was quoting Lola Heatherton, one of Catherine’s SCTV characters. But thanks for breaking that fragile illusion for us.

Image : Lola wants to bear your children - YouTube

Résultat youtube.com trouvé sur Google

by Anonymousreply 20803/20/2019

Catherine O'Hara is a genius. The way she speaks as Moira could have gone annoying pretty fast, but with her you can't wait listening what crazy thing she is saying next in that affected voice.

by Anonymousreply 20903/21/2019

"Different orchard, Jocelyn"

by Anonymousreply 21003/21/2019

r207 - Close your mouth darling. That is SO unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 21103/21/2019

They've just announced the next series (6) will be the last.

by Anonymousreply 21203/21/2019

Awful news.

‘Schitt’s Creek’ Renewed For Sixth & Final Season By Pop & CBC

Schitt’s Creek will be coming to an end after one more final season. The comedy’s co-creators Daniel Levy and Eugene Levy just made the announcement on social media. Pop in the US and CBC in …

by Anonymousreply 21303/21/2019

While it's sad I believe they will end the show on a high note instead of fans begging for the show to finally end.

by Anonymousreply 21403/21/2019

Patrick's dad was a hot silver-haired daddy.

by Anonymousreply 21503/21/2019

R215 OMG SPOILERS!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 21603/21/2019

This is the proper thread to discuss spoilers and the other one wasn't. Now stop acting like a little bitch; the rest of us have moved on from that fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 21703/21/2019

Just announced that Season 6 will be the shows final season. I’m sad I could happily watch this forever.

by Anonymousreply 21803/21/2019

I just bought an "Eww, David" tee shirt.

by Anonymousreply 21903/21/2019

Link please

by Anonymousreply 22003/21/2019

Why are they ending the show now, just when it's starting to get noticed?? If a crappy show like Grey's Anatomy can run for 14 years, SC could still get 1 or 2 more good seasons and maybe some Emmy awards.

by Anonymousreply 22103/21/2019

I'm sad that we won't get to hear the closing theme again after the series has finished. They could actually make a concert out of that closing theme.

by Anonymousreply 22203/21/2019

R18 If you didn't laugh at the wig joke in the first few minutes, you're the problem.

by Anonymousreply 22303/21/2019

It's a Canadian show. It's not eligible for Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 22403/21/2019

There's the International Emmy Awards

International Emmy Award Nominations Unveiled

The International Emmys are living up to their name, with a globe-spanning set of nominees announced Thursday for this year’s awards. Endemol Shine, HBO, Fox and Sony all scored noms, while Amazon …

by Anonymousreply 22503/21/2019

Why wouldn't Schitt's Creek be eligible for an Emmy? Tatiana Maslany won an Emmy for Orphan Black and that was a Canadian show.

by Anonymousreply 22603/21/2019

My bad, I thought a Canadian production company was behind it but it's only just filmed there. Plus the fact that Catherine O'Hara had not been nominated yet or the show itself made me think it must be ineligible.

by Anonymousreply 22703/22/2019

The full version of A Little Bit Alexis is available on Spotify.

It's obviously heavily based on Work Bitch by Britney and I love it.

"Vroom, vroom, bitches!"

by Anonymousreply 22803/22/2019

It's on Apple Music/iTunes too and was no13 on the US iTunes chart at one point.

by Anonymousreply 22903/23/2019

Will Patrick and David get married in Season 7?

by Anonymousreply 23003/25/2019

No, but maybe in season 6 R230

by Anonymousreply 23103/25/2019

Here's a nice interview with Eugene Levy.

Jiminy Glick Interviews Eugene Levy

by Anonymousreply 23203/25/2019

Moira's wine commercial is the funniest thing I've ever seen on a TV show.

by Anonymousreply 23303/25/2019

Propitious, repast... Moira giving me English lessons yet again.

Anyone else shocked seeing Patrick move like that during the rehearsal? He and Stevie were doing the most there, weren't they? They had the tambourine and the maracas and everything.

by Anonymousreply 23403/28/2019

I just found out that the actor playing Patrick is actually straight, and the actress playing Stevie is actually a lesbian! Shocked!

by Anonymousreply 23503/28/2019

r235 I knew that about Patrick but not about Stevie. I'm shocked as well!

by Anonymousreply 23603/28/2019

I'm sorry I didn't find the show sooner. I've been watching back episodes and I just saw the Christmas show. As funny as the show is - and it's hilarious at times- it's those heartfelt emotional scenes that really anchor the whole series.

Now that they've announced the end of the show, I've been trying to figure out how it ends - I think somehow the Roses will get back all the fortune they've lost and they go back to their old lifestyle and/or their old mansion, but when they invite the Schitt's Creek friends to visit, the Roses will probably realize that their old life was really worse than their new, less affluent life. So they move back.

by Anonymousreply 23703/28/2019

Was meaning to watch this show for awhile. Finally started last week and binged the entire series. I really fell in love with the character of Patrick. Perfect boyfriend material.

by Anonymousreply 23803/28/2019

The whole "Cabaret" plotline reminds me of how people in flyover towns are desperate to get some glam in their lives by expressing themselves through the magic of amateur stage theatre performances.

Moira not having a meltdown over Stevie and Patrick rehearsing with somebody else (and turning out to be quite good!) is the biggest shock for me. Will there be an actual episode about the premiere of their play?

Stevie: Yeah, last week she told me to dance like an Indonsesian scarf caught in the wind. I don't even know what that looks like.

------

Patrick: Well, we couldn't nail the final lift.

David: What is this? Dirty Dancing?

---

The last scene with the family members burning each other with their feisty remarks was hilarious.

Alexis (to her shocked parents after they find out she has a back tattoo that says "That's hot!" in Cantonese): I was 12 years old!

That could have gone to a pretty dark place but Anne (and the others) really make it funny.

by Anonymousreply 23903/28/2019

Based on IMDB descriptions the Cabaret stage production is part of the S5 finale episode.

by Anonymousreply 24003/28/2019

r240, thank you for sharing. Usually not into spoilers when it comes to shows I like, but that makes me exited. Mary! I know.

by Anonymousreply 24103/28/2019

There are some video extras on YouTube and the Pop Tv website, with Dan Levy talking about the Patrick & David relationship. He said that there has to be conflict in order for there to be a tv show, but he’s purposely writing a gay relationship in which the drama isn’t about negativity from others. Except for the ex-fiancée, no one on the show cares that Patrick and David are the same sex. It’s kind of refreshing and kind of wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 24203/28/2019

I think the writing on the show doesn't get enough credit. Yes, it's funny but there are a lot of deeper moments in the series. I especially loved the whole set up of Patrick's parents finding out he's gay. By the look on their faces when Johnny spilled it, you automatically thought that the parents were appalled...but then you find out that they only thought they had failed Patrick because he didn't come to them and tell them the truth sooner. That was a great twist to the story.

by Anonymousreply 24303/28/2019

I think the writing and direction of this episode was really well done. What made the episode work so well was the intensity of Patrick’s feelings. In a light comedy like this show, that level of dramatic intensity could throw the balance off. A lot of comedies would have had the actor back off a bit. But Dan Levy decided to go a different route. The audience learned very quickly that Patrick’s parents were fine with it, and everything was going to be all right. It allowed Patrick to be really intense without the audience worrying about him.

I thought that having Patrick say to David right before he sat down with his parents that he was scared, and David responding that he would be there for him, was a great prelude to the reveal itself.

I think the scene in Season 3 with their first kiss was really well done, too.

by Anonymousreply 24403/28/2019

R244 delusional frau, STFU. The actor behind Patrick is more wooden than most bad American actors. You will never get "intensity" from wood, lady.

by Anonymousreply 24503/28/2019

Not a frau, but I’m guessing you knew that already. Sorry you’re not enjoying the relationship. I’m glad that I am.

by Anonymousreply 24603/28/2019

As much as I like Patrick and David as a couple, I kind of lean towards David and Stevie. There's just something that clicks more with the two of them. If they were going to do a "Throuple", these are the three they should do it with.

by Anonymousreply 24703/28/2019

[quote]I think the scene in Season 3 with their first kiss was really well done, too.

I think that scene probably brought a lot of us gays, especially those of us who played at the hetero game in our youths, back to the thrill our first same sex kiss.

by Anonymousreply 24803/28/2019

R245 I used to be a huge fan of SC until last season when half the episodes sucked and were laugh free. Same with this season, half have sucked. The addition of Patrick brought nothing to the series. He and David are my least favourite characters on the show. I love Alexis the most and her accessory Ted. Stevie and Moira are tied for second. Then Jocelyn. David and his dad are sometimes funny but are just foils for the others who have fleshed out personalities. More often than not, David is annoying and too precious.

by Anonymousreply 24903/28/2019

Just watched Patrick's coming out episode, amazing.

They both seem so natural and loving, a lot of little kisses and caresses, a realy believable representation.

by Anonymousreply 25003/28/2019

It was interesting that David really went beyond his usual selfcenteredness in that episode. First trying to minimize the damage with the upset parents, and then being supportive of Patrick without taking that personal moment away from him, even though he could have simply said “yea they know they’re ok next”.

by Anonymousreply 25103/28/2019

I really want to like Moira, but I find her otherworldly accent annoying and her wardrobe horrifying. That said, I ha ve been in 💘 with David since episode 1. I could listen to him say "Ok who's Brad?!" 100 times and still laugh my ass off.

by Anonymousreply 25203/28/2019

I was also shocked by Patrick's dance moves in the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 25303/29/2019

Alexis’ constant retracted hands, poised like a begging pet, annoy me to no end. Otherwise, the character is pretty funny and multidimensional. I just don’t understand why the actress feels the need for that constant physical interpretation, just like - to a lesser degree - David’s squinting eyes.

by Anonymousreply 25403/29/2019

That Alexis hand move has a name: T-Rex playing the piano at an old-timey saloon. Not kidding you.

by Anonymousreply 25503/29/2019

R254 I’m the opposite i really enjoy it when she does that. I really want a threeway with Patrick and Ted. Heaven.

by Anonymousreply 25603/29/2019

I would not mind one bit if they brought back Jake (he of the Jake-Stevie-David throuple). Steve Lund is fiiiine -- and funny, too. I have no idea how they plan to end the series, but if they're going for everything tied up in a bow of happiness, then he'd make a good match for Stevie.

Is it wrong that I covet that massive portrait of the Roses from their mansion? I know the characters left it out for the garbagemen, but surely the actual portrait still exists.

by Anonymousreply 25703/29/2019

That portrait is stunning. However my favorite part is when it was pointed out that Moira's eyes "follow you" and someone says that Moira paid extra for that.

I know that the Roses didn't think the portrait fit into their life right now, but I found it surprising that they just wouldn't put it in storage somewhere because it's not like they've totally given up on reclaiming their old life just yet.

by Anonymousreply 25803/29/2019

Sad they threw the painting out but it was symbolic in their “journey”. I would totally buy a smaller repro or print. Remember when that Kramer portrait was everywhere?

Haven’t watched it yet but apparently the new Netflix show “Umbrella Academy” used the same motel for some scenes, and Dan was not impressed lol.

by Anonymousreply 25903/29/2019

I have been disappointed by the writing for the past two seasons. They need to give Eugene and Catherine more to do. David and his boyfriend behave like 11 year olds. If Dan Levy wanted to make a story about teen boys, he should have done that instead of ruining this concept with completely out of character bullshit. They should bring Mutt back. Ted The Vet is hot but so so boring. And they character assassinated Stevie. Someone needs to start telling Dan Levy: no!

by Anonymousreply 26003/30/2019

Also, this thread is full of incel fraus pretending to be gay men. You're not sneaky. You're sad and gross.

by Anonymousreply 26103/30/2019

That "also" is a great way to make people want to read more of your opinions.

by Anonymousreply 26203/31/2019

Curses! Foiled again! r261 is on to us, girls.

by Anonymousreply 26303/31/2019

[quote] Also, this thread is full of incel fraus pretending to be gay men. You're not sneaky. You're sad and gross.

All that was missing was a line like "Nobody likes you!" to make this childish comment even better.

by Anonymousreply 26403/31/2019

Won best comedy from the Canadian Screen Awards

The Canadian Academy on Twitter

“The winner for Best Comedy Series is @SchittsCreek. Congratulations! @CBCComedy @CBC #CdnScreenAwards”

by Anonymousreply 26503/31/2019

They deserved Best Comedy and Catherine for Best Actress, but weren't Dan and Eugene up for Best Actor? I'm surprised that Dan has never won because he's really given excellent performances as David all through the series.

by Anonymousreply 26603/31/2019

They did well at the Canadian equivalent of the Emmys. Noah Reid won Supporting Actor, and Emily Hampshire and Catherine OHara both won for the fourth time. Dan and Eugene Eve were both nominated in Lead but lost to the creator and star of a show called Letterkenny, which I’ve never heard of before.

The actress who plays Ronnie won for guest in a drama for a different show. The actor who plays Amir was nominated for a different show as well.

I wonder if Eugene and Dan split votes. Annie Murphy was also nominated for lead but I don’t think she would siphon off too many votes from Catherine O’Hara. Similarly, Chris Elliott and Jennifer Robertson were nominated in supporting but probably not much threat. The show had two nominees in each of the four acting categories.

by Anonymousreply 26704/01/2019

Annie Murphy deserves at least a Canadian Emmy. Maybe a Canadian Nobel.

by Anonymousreply 26804/01/2019

Maybe with the win, they'll rethink ending the series. They could get at least a Season 7 out of it. Unless they're all tired and want to move on to other things.

by Anonymousreply 26904/01/2019

I hope they will do the occasional special (depending on how they end the show).

by Anonymousreply 27004/01/2019

It didn't sound like they'd reconsider ending the show. Sounded like they've got a logical ending to the story in sight.

I'm glad they've decided to go out while it's all still relatively young and hasn't got old and boring yet. Let's be honest, as a set-up they've done well to make it last this long. I love this show more than is probably healthy but I'd hate for it to outstay its welcome like so many shows do.

by Anonymousreply 27104/01/2019

All dressed up. The actress who plays Jocelyn looks like Kerry Katona there.

The Cast of "Schitt's Creek" at the 2019 Canadian Screen Awards | Tom + Lorenzo

"Schitt's Creek" stars Eugene Levy, Karen Robinson, Jennifer Robertson, Catherine O'Hara, Annie Murphy, Noah Reid, Dan Levy and Emily Hampshire at the

by Anonymousreply 27204/01/2019

Superficially, Dan/David and Emily/Stevie make a better looking couple than Dan/David and Noah/Patrick.

by Anonymousreply 27304/01/2019

The main reason I would want it to continue for a few more seasons is because it's only now starting to get on the radar of US viewers and it might lead to Emmys or Golden Globes.

by Anonymousreply 27404/01/2019

I had never heard of Tom and Lorenzo before reading the link at R272 , but I have to say they are spot on in their critiques. I kind of like the fact that this is the Canadian TV Awards, and the actors don’t have stylists and are just making their own way and doing their own thing. They’re not as perfectly glam as their Hollywood counterparts, but if they were, they wouldn’t be as endearing. If they were too polished, they would seem inauthentic and Canada would probably expel them.

I’ve got to agree that Noah Reid is a cutie but he’s not really trying. He probably literally spent about ten minutes deciding what to wear and getting ready. I’m not even sure he ironed that shirt. If there was ever any doubt that he was truly straight, that doubt is gone.

by Anonymousreply 27504/01/2019

'If there was ever any doubt that he was truly straight, that doubt is gone. '

Slashing my wrists as I type.

by Anonymousreply 27604/01/2019

Will they ever release this on vinyl?

by Anonymousreply 27704/02/2019

[quote]I had never heard of Tom and Lorenzo before reading the link at [R272] , but I have to say they are spot on in their critiques.

Tom and Lorenzo are regular weekday reading for me and have been for years. They clearly love fashion, TV and pop culture, but are also not afraid to be raging c**ts when it's called for. Also, they can be just plain funny. Their red carpet coverage is the best on the net - even if they do have their blind spots. Anyway, it's always an entertaining way to spend 10 or 15 minutes while downing a cocktail after clearing out your e-mail.

by Anonymousreply 27804/02/2019

Tonight’s episode was amazing. Had me crying with joy.

by Anonymousreply 27904/02/2019

Holy shit. And here I thought the show could not get any better.

by Anonymousreply 28004/03/2019

It's a Romanian baby, right?

by Anonymousreply 28104/03/2019

So now we know what the final show for the series end will be.

by Anonymousreply 28204/03/2019

Good lord David is going to be one out of control Groomzilla if they play this through.

by Anonymousreply 28304/03/2019

I am so sick of both David and Patrick. Neither of them know how to act. Writing them crying scenes shows how horrible they are. David is even worse than Patrick if that is possible. With every episode this show gets worse and worse. The Johnny having a heart attack story was lame as well. Clearly these fucks have run out of ideas.

by Anonymousreply 28404/03/2019

I can't wait to see Moira's Mother-Of-The-Bride/Groom outfit.

by Anonymousreply 28504/03/2019

Will Alexis sing at the ceremony? Or the entire group of Jazzagals?

by Anonymousreply 28604/03/2019

Alexis is the obvious choice but I think Stevie will get to be David's Maid Of Honor. Either that, or she'll probably throw David his bachelor's party.

by Anonymousreply 28704/03/2019

Well, I thought that was sweet. r284 is off his meds.

by Anonymousreply 28804/03/2019

I had to LOL at the sight gag of David opening the box and It's not just one ring, but four. Patrick knows him so well. LOL

by Anonymousreply 28904/03/2019

What stood out for me in the John has a heart attack story line was how Stevie was so freaked out about Johnny being sick. She almost cared more for him than Moira herself.

by Anonymousreply 29004/03/2019

I love how Stevie sees Johnny as a father figure.

by Anonymousreply 29104/03/2019

Yes she was the most concerned out of the bunch. She did throw out the more businesslike “I can’t be stuck with the motel by myself” comment but that was hiding how much he means to her. They came a long way since the makeup case gift.

by Anonymousreply 29204/03/2019

Hearing Moira open the episode with "good morning" in my own language was surreal. That was prefect Bosnian/ Croatian /Serbian /Slovene. The way she said "literal" was something else as well, and her French "bébé" will never not make me laugh.

Stevie getting emotional over Johnny was my favourite part. Did you notice the little sight gag with Ronnie making a wtf face when Alexis lightly scratched her arm like you'd pet a puppy?

by Anonymousreply 29304/04/2019

Did anyone else think David started freaking out early? I was like...how did he know it was a proposal that quick?

by Anonymousreply 29404/04/2019

I mean, he had a mystery black box in his hands and Patrick got on his knee. What more do you need to realise it's a proposal?

Or did he start freaking out earlier than that?

by Anonymousreply 29504/04/2019

Patrick is always shown as a man with simple/inexpensive taste, his usual clothing, apartment, etc... His BF being the exception obviously.

The (possibly expensive, for him anyway) bottle of Champagne was the first clue this was a special occasion.

by Anonymousreply 29604/04/2019

I thought this was one of the best episodes. Moira's "calm" low voice when Johnny was about to go the hospital was priceless.

by Anonymousreply 29704/04/2019

WHERES THE BEAR??!!!!

by Anonymousreply 29804/04/2019

[quote] Moira's "calm" low voice when Johnny was about to go the hospital was priceless.

OMG. I think that was my favorite part. Catherine O'Hara is a national treasure. In two countries!

I'm glad they've given us a few moments of David being a good boyfriend, because I don't really understand what Patrick sees in David. But if we are to believe that Jocelyn is truly happy in her marriage, and Ted is happy with Alexis, then we must believe that Patrick is truly happy. It is a comedy after all.

by Anonymousreply 29904/07/2019

Alexis is very hot, which counts for a lot. And at this point, she has a good heart, which was not true in the beginning.

Dan Levy has commented that he knows that Patrick is this idealized, perfect boyfriend. For most of the time he’s been on the show, he’s had ZERO character flaws and has shrugged off David’s selfishness. I’ve noticed that he’s been able to be more well rounded these past few shows, being rude-ish to Ronnie about the sink, and being frustrated and nervous on this one.

In real life, someone like Patrick would probably find someone like David to be emotionally exhausting.

I haven’t seen every episode, but I don’t remember much true interaction between Roland and Jocelyn. But he is probably a good husband in some ways. I could see him treating Jocelyn like a queen at home. And he’s probably a good provider, doesn’t cheat, doesn’t mind her neuroses, etc.

by Anonymousreply 30004/07/2019

R300 you are reading too much into a fictionalized sitcom, you huge turd.

by Anonymousreply 30104/07/2019

R301 is not Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 30204/07/2019

Does Dan wear padding under all those sweaters on the show? He looks so bulked up as David, but when you see him in real life, he's a lot thinner.

by Anonymousreply 30304/07/2019

I adore Patrick! I hope we get to see his performance as the Emcee in Cabaret!

by Anonymousreply 30404/08/2019

r301 is Mutt, pissed that he gave up the show before it became popular.

by Anonymousreply 30504/08/2019

Pictures of Moira dressed up as Sally Bowles are out there, and Stevie goes missing in this ep.

Maybe Stevie is convinced to get back in time but I think we all want to see Moira taking up the lead character in CA BA RET.

by Anonymousreply 30604/08/2019

I've watched a lot of interviews done with Dan Levy and he seems not only smart, but really nice. Very nice. Nicer than most Hollywood actors/producers. No one from Hollywood could be that nice. But if this is his first success, then there's probably plenty of time for him to turn into a typical Hollywood backstabber.

by Anonymousreply 30704/08/2019

OMG, there are pictures of Moira dressed up as Sally?? WHERE?? I need to see them. I still haven't stopped laughing after seeing her in that short scene from The Crows.

Apparently for next season, we get to see a flashback of Moira in some kind of made-for-TV movie she made years ago.

by Anonymousreply 30804/08/2019

I feel like this show is neverending. I have it set to record automatically, and every time I look, there’s a new ep. How many have there been this season? Thirty?

When I read the description about Patrick and David going hiking, my first thought was: Patrick is excited, David queens out, Patrick is disappointed, David makes it up to him. Surprise!

Eugene Levy has had absolutely no character arc, and neither has Roland. It’s like they're on repeat, same kinds of gags every time.

I guess I’m saying I’m over it. A little bitter because I liked it’s, but it’s run its course (and I do not want to have to watch a Patrick-David wedding with David being a bridezilla and Patrick being the ever patient partner. This show has a problem with setting up one dimensional characters for others to play off of—Mr. Rose and Patrick being the most egregious examples).

by Anonymousreply 30904/08/2019

More like 13 episodes, with this week's being the finale and episode 14.

by Anonymousreply 31004/08/2019

65 episodes so far (over 5 seasons), plus season finale tomorrow, and another 14 next year. Which is great for them because once you hit 65 eps it’s more attractive for syndication (5 eps per week over a standard 13 week season).

by Anonymousreply 31104/08/2019

Holy Schitt's Creek, here is the Playbill for their production of Cabaret

Cabaret

- at Second Street Playhouse

by Anonymousreply 31204/08/2019

[quote][R301] is Mutt, pissed that he gave up the show before it became popular.

I would be pissed too if my full name is Mutt Schitt.

Apropos, Mutt can now be seen on another CBC show, Diggstown.

by Anonymousreply 31304/08/2019

I wonder if they are planning to do another Christmas movie? Last year's was fabulous. Pretty please?!

by Anonymousreply 31404/09/2019

R309 good points. For me I love the show strictly for the females. I love Alexis. Then Stevie and Moira. Then Jocelyn. For the males it is the order I hate them the most. Roland the most. Then Patrick and David. Then Johnny. Of the males Ted is the only goid character.

by Anonymousreply 31504/09/2019

*good

by Anonymousreply 31604/09/2019

In the scene at the motel when Johnny is very winded and has to sit down, Stevie is folding programs in the background. You can see that the entire back page is Moira's old head shot.

Still enjoying the show but I understand R309's ennui. Last season was the high water mark.

by Anonymousreply 31704/09/2019

R311, try 100 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 31804/09/2019

Moira's bio is hilarious, r312.

by Anonymousreply 31904/09/2019

I know Cliff is kind of a non-entity of a character in Cabaret, but I wouldn't have cut his role entirely, MOIRA. (Yes, I know it's a fake Playbill, but he's the male romantic lead.)

by Anonymousreply 32004/09/2019

Wow, Emily's got quite a voice.

by Anonymousreply 32104/09/2019

Cliff has five songs listed in the program, so he's not cut out, but it is odd he's not in the cast list.

by Anonymousreply 32204/09/2019

Did they cut out Patrick and Emily's "Money" song? I wanted to see that.

by Anonymousreply 32304/09/2019

The money song is fourth from last in act one

by Anonymousreply 32404/09/2019

The only criticism I have is that they needed another scene between the David/Stevie scene and the next scene with Roland calling around to find the missing Stevie. The way it's presented doesn't give the idea that any time has passed.

by Anonymousreply 32504/09/2019

They performed two songs in the show - "Willkommen" and "Maybe This Time". No "The Money Song".

by Anonymousreply 32604/09/2019

Wow this episode flew by. It should have been an hour. Loved Patricks opening number, it makes me want to go see Cabaret.

by Anonymousreply 32704/09/2019

For a half hour comedy show on a shoestring budget, they really knocked Cabaret out of the park. Stevie's solo was amazing and what a pep talk Moira gave her. Poor Moira. No red carpet for The Crowening.

by Anonymousreply 32804/09/2019

Why am I worried that flighty Alexis will fall back on old habits and end up not going to the galapagos islands.

by Anonymousreply 32904/09/2019

I would love the actual cast of SC to do a limited run of actual Cabaret performances during the season break.

by Anonymousreply 33004/09/2019

I love that "horns" are all being played by one person in that program. lol

by Anonymousreply 33104/09/2019

Is that Playbill in R312 just fan-made or actually made by the TV show? I’m guessing fan made (hence no Cliff, although I believe he was listed on the cast board shown at one point on the show) but I’m not sure.

by Anonymousreply 33204/09/2019

R332- The real "Playbill" has some kind of template that people can use to create their own Playbills. Either Playbill did it or the show used their service.

Flip Through the Exclusive Playbill for the Schitt's Creek Production of Cabaret | Playbill

The show's season finale, airing April 10 in the U.S., will see the characters of the sitcom take on the classic Kander and Ebb musical.

by Anonymousreply 33304/09/2019

Moira was the understudy for Annie while playing the role of Miss Hannigan. Such versatility!

by Anonymousreply 33404/10/2019

The latest ep was a bit flat.

by Anonymousreply 33504/10/2019

I had to LOL when Alexis rehearses her steps and then sees her dad being right in front of her.

Please tell me that there is another episode this season or are they really leaving us with Moira devastated in the closet? Being probably the nicest ever this season and giving out sage advice left and right and this is her reward? How very cruel.

by Anonymousreply 33604/10/2019

This was the last episode for the season so unfortunately we have to wait until next season to see if Moira can survive in the closet. Moira was almost too nice through the whole episode so you knew she was going to get crushed by something in the end.

by Anonymousreply 33704/10/2019

I thought the conversation between Stevie and Moira behind the stage would reveal that Stevie is so emotional, because she is pregnant (the hotel blogger being the father).

by Anonymousreply 33804/10/2019

R338-Stevie should end up being a surrogate for David and Patrick.

by Anonymousreply 33904/10/2019

I hope Patrick wears a thong as the MC.

by Anonymousreply 34004/10/2019

Loved Patrick and Stevie’s number. Steve being so emotional was very touching

I too think Alexis is gonna flake out on poor Ted. I mean, it’s only 6 months - why is such a big deal if she stays behind and works on her career. That just doesn’t make sense to me, why she had to go. 6 months go by in a Flash.

Is it just me, but is David’s preening a tad overdone? I hope next season he matures

Poor Moira! Hope she gets some director gigs

by Anonymousreply 34104/10/2019

Moira really is a good director from what we could see. She coaxed a great performance from Stevie.

by Anonymousreply 34204/10/2019

Patrick was sexy as the msee even though he didn't wear a thong. I really thought Stevie's part was really good. She even was crying. Moira I felt bad for when she fell over at the end and went into the closet.

by Anonymousreply 34304/11/2019

Love the shots of Ted holding the Playbill open in front of him the whole show.

by Anonymousreply 34404/11/2019

Had no idea Patrick was the voice of Franklin the turtle. All those years watching it with my nephew not knowing he would become my dream man.

by Anonymousreply 34504/11/2019

Was your nephew sitting on your lap r345? Was your nephew your dream man even then?

by Anonymousreply 34604/11/2019

This is a small thing, but I like it that they actually used the musical numbers in the right place in the musical. Wilkommen is the actual opening number, and Maybe This Time is actually halfway through the first act. And the song playing over the speakers when Moira and Stevie are talking backstage is Two Ladies, which takes place before Maybe This Time and is a number when Stevie’s character is offstage.

And all the numbers were staged in a way that would work for the actual stage production. Dan Levy must know and like Cabaret.

by Anonymousreply 34704/11/2019

Nice to know. Bet Dan knows if he got this wrong part of his audience would have hissy fits just like when doctors and nurses watch soapy medical dramas.

by Anonymousreply 34804/11/2019

I still don't understand why they showed Patrick and Stevie rehearse "Money" but never showed it in the actual play. If it was just a time element, it would have been nice to have more of the songs and have this season finale go for an hour. Especially since next season will be the last.

by Anonymousreply 34904/11/2019

Maybe because they already showed the meat of the number, it wasn't necessary to do it again in costume...

by Anonymousreply 35004/11/2019

The best thing about this season is Ted's blue t-shirt...well and the way he fills it out

by Anonymousreply 35104/11/2019

Hilarious sobs from Catherine O'Hara in the motel scene when David spills about his engagement

by Anonymousreply 35204/11/2019

They've posted a behind the scenes video of the Cabaret show.

The Making of Cabaret | Schitt's Creek

Once again in Season 5, Dan Levy co-directed an episode of 'Schitt's Creek'. How much of an adjustment is it having Dan as a director for the rest of the cas...

by Anonymousreply 35304/11/2019

This one of Moira's best shows. Her meltdown at the end was fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 35404/11/2019

I would have thought Patrick's parents would have been there for his stage debut, but that would have obviously added one too many plot elements to an already crowded episode.

Loved the delighted expression on Ted's face the entire performance.

by Anonymousreply 35504/12/2019

I don't think Patrick's parents are really very supportive of his homosexuality. If they were they would have been at his opening night.

by Anonymousreply 35604/12/2019

R355 you do know these people are not real, right moron. The show is low budget. That is why his fictionalized parent's were not there. Good fucking grief.

by Anonymousreply 35704/12/2019

r355 is Patrick's parents.

by Anonymousreply 35804/12/2019

meant r357.

by Anonymousreply 35904/12/2019

wish they'd bring back Mutt Schitt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36004/12/2019

I had to laugh at the weird presentational way Ted was holding his program. OK, we get it, show, you did a promotional deal with Playbill. The show should also send William Ivey Long a loonie for borrowing the MC's suspenders/bow tie combination from the 1998 Broadway revival. Alas, low budget means no Kit Kat Klub Boys in Willkommen, even though they were listed in the program, er, "program."

Honestly, I enjoyed the episode and am sorry it's the last one for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 36104/12/2019

wish we could get Ted out of his pants

by Anonymousreply 36204/12/2019

r352 Those whimpering sobs were iconic.

by Anonymousreply 36304/12/2019

R362 there will always be the bunnycam...

by Anonymousreply 36404/14/2019

What I love about the show is that it's funny without being corny and it throws in some nice moments between characters- like Alexis and Moira having lunch, where both of them think the other one doesn't want to be there. That was a sweet conversation they had.

by Anonymousreply 36504/14/2019

I think Patrick's parents are amazing for how they accepted Patrick's homosexuality. They should be commended, not ridiculed.

by Anonymousreply 36604/15/2019

Anjelica Huston says Schitt's Creek is her favorite TV show.

Anjelica, Danny & Jack Huston on Their "United Dedication to Each Other" | THR

Subscribe for Roundtables, Box Office Reports, & More! ?? http://bit.ly/THRSubscribe Stay in The Know With all Things Hollywood, Subscribe to THR News! ?? ht...

by Anonymousreply 36704/15/2019

It is my favourite show.

by Anonymousreply 36804/15/2019

I have a hunch they'll jump ahead 6 months next season. Alexis will already be back and David and Patrick will already have moved in together, so forth.

by Anonymousreply 36904/15/2019

R366 you are an amazing fucking moron. Jesus christ.

by Anonymousreply 37004/15/2019

If all these celebrities like Kyle MacLachlan, Anjelica Huston and Mariah Carey are fans of the show, it would be great to see them turn up at David and Patrick's wedding. Moira could send them all invites and while everyone else figures the celebrities would just ignore it, they actually do show up.

by Anonymousreply 37104/15/2019

OMG have Tina Turner sing a downtempo version of Simply The Best at their ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 37204/16/2019

Am I misremembering that Ted was cast as Cliff?

by Anonymousreply 37304/17/2019

On the night of the performance, Ted was sitting in the audience. Cliff’s name is oddly missing from the cast list in the fake Playbill posted in R312.

by Anonymousreply 37404/17/2019

We are very, very proud of our son Patrick, despite his homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 37504/17/2019

Thanks R374, I saw Ted in the audience. I could have sworn that in an earlier episode he auditioned for Moira, and she was so impressed with his reading that she cast him as Cliff. Did that never occur?

by Anonymousreply 37604/17/2019

Never mind. I watched the earlier episode. Patrick auditions for Cliff, and he’s so good that Moira makes him the Emcee.

by Anonymousreply 37704/17/2019

I want Patrick in my bed now.

by Anonymousreply 37805/20/2019

Get a piece of wood, it will have the same range as Patrick.

by Anonymousreply 37905/20/2019

R378 I agree. I find him so sexy.

by Anonymousreply 38005/21/2019

Not sure if this was posted before, but Bonnie Tyler sang "The Best" first.

Bonnie Tyler - The best

Voici la version originale reprise par Tina Turner pour en faire le succès qu'on connait.

by Anonymousreply 38106/08/2019

I wish Netflix had the Christmas Special.

by Anonymousreply 38206/08/2019

Once season 5 comes to Netflix they should get it R382

by Anonymousreply 38306/08/2019

I saw the Schitt's Creek Up Close and Personal tour in Portland, OR, a couple of weeks ago, and Dan said Season 5 would drop on Netflix in October. An eternity, I know, but I'm guessing the late drop will precede the launch of the final season on cable.

I want to know who we have to fuck to get Netflix to show The Canadian Baking Show (Dan is one of the hosts).

by Anonymousreply 38406/09/2019

I'll fuck Noah Reid if it will help, r384.

by Anonymousreply 38506/09/2019

I just finished season 4 on Netflix and what a delightful, warm, funny show. It just seems to keep getting better, funnier, and more heartfelt. Who'd have ever thought these selfish, narcissistic characters would be so lovable. This is exactly what the world needs right now.

by Anonymousreply 38606/09/2019

R384, great news. The show usually debuts in January so that's less of wait time.

by Anonymousreply 38706/09/2019

I thought I was watching Moira on the Tonys last night...

by Anonymousreply 38806/10/2019

I’m glad they decided to end it after S6 rather than milk it until it’s all dried up, but I will miss it.

by Anonymousreply 38906/11/2019

I want a threesome between Ted, Patrick and first-season Mutt with his full beard.

by Anonymousreply 39006/13/2019

Throw in Jake, too

by Anonymousreply 39106/13/2019

Of course Dustin Milligan can grow out a full perfect-looking bushy beard.

That bitch.

MTV Movie and TV Awards: "Schitt's Creek" Stars Dan Levy, Annie Murphy, Noah Reid and Dustin Milligan | Tom + Lorenzo

And now, a bunch of Schitt's Creek hotties.     We realize our love of their characters is influencing us, but we think they all look pretty

by Anonymousreply 39206/18/2019

I'd like to watch all three of those guys take turns on David. I find Dan Levy incredibly hot.

by Anonymousreply 39306/18/2019

I'm sure Dan recorded them individually, R393, when they "auditioned"

by Anonymousreply 39406/19/2019

Ted must have grown a beard while on the Galapagos Islands

by Anonymousreply 39506/19/2019

I love the actor who plays Josselin. What do we know about her?

by Anonymousreply 39606/19/2019

Father and step-mom were actors as well. She was on a number of tv shows including a short-lived Fox News satire show, Degrassi and Hannah Montana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39706/20/2019

Christmas episode is on Netflix now.

by Anonymousreply 39806/21/2019

They finally showed up on the Emmy Awards radar. Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara and the show all got noms this morning.

by Anonymousreply 39907/16/2019

I was hoping Dan Levy would get a nod somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 40007/16/2019

The speech Moira gave to Stevie backstage at the show was warm and heartbreakingly wonderful. I watched it four times. It was beautifully written and delivered.

by Anonymousreply 40107/16/2019

[quote]I was hoping Dan Levy would get a nod somewhere.

As a producer of the show, he most likely did with the best comedy series nod. But from a performance perspective you're quite right. He has somehow managed to make David someone to love and root for over the last 5 years. Despite the fact David is a pretentious hothouse flower of a man, and a slowly recovering narcissist - I just crave a happy ever after ending for him.

On a different topic, it was great o see the show get a contemporary costume design nod as well. Whoever manages to keep Moira, David and Alexis trapped in that circa 2008 bad designer hell is quite brilliant - and per Dan on their Build Series interview, with almost no budget..

by Anonymousreply 40207/16/2019
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!