Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Schitt's Creek - Season 4

[quote]Schitt's Creek - Season 4 Full-Length Trailer

[quote]The wait is almost over! This January, your favorite comedy is back. The Rose family returns to Pop with all-new episodes Wednesday, January 24, at 8/7c.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403November 18, 2019 6:02 PM

Thanks, I love this show.

by Anonymousreply 1December 14, 2017 7:13 PM

The video is geo blocked for me :(

by Anonymousreply 2December 14, 2017 7:37 PM

January 24 can’t come fast enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 14, 2017 8:11 PM

Here’s a Tweet with a Canadian link, R1, maybe this one will work for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 14, 2017 8:13 PM

R4 Thanks, but still blocked :(

by Anonymousreply 5December 14, 2017 8:23 PM

Here’s another random YouTube link, R5, the quality isn’t as goos as the official trailers but maybe it will work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 15, 2017 11:14 PM

It’s pouring rain so I’m hiding indoors and marathoning seasons 1-3.

by Anonymousreply 7December 23, 2017 4:37 PM

Good news. This is a little gem of a show with a good heart and a very funny, talented cast.

by Anonymousreply 8December 23, 2017 4:42 PM

I’m sorry but I love, love, love at least 2 of the principals on this show but, after watching a number of episodes from the first 3 seasons, I’m still waiting for it to be actually funny.

by Anonymousreply 9December 23, 2017 4:47 PM

R6 Thank you, that one worked :) It looks funny. I'll definitely watch the new season.

by Anonymousreply 10December 23, 2017 4:53 PM

It's kind of adorable how the show tries to be mean, but ends up being more on the whimsical side. Like the whole storyline of David and his shop could have gone full on AbFab with David insulting the customers, but instead he gets himself a cute business partner and the opening goes full on Hallmark happy end. Very feel-good comedy.

by Anonymousreply 11December 23, 2017 5:02 PM

This show really does have so much heart and every episode makes me laugh out loud at least 2 or 3 times. The cast has wonderful chemistry and it's always a treat to figure out what the hell Catherine O'Hara will be wearing in each scene.

by Anonymousreply 12December 23, 2017 5:24 PM
by Anonymousreply 13January 16, 2018 7:45 PM

Episode 2 preview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 16, 2018 7:52 PM

This is so cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 16, 2018 7:54 PM

I wrote this in another thread, but I think it's funny how the family thinks they're changing the town but they're actually becoming like the town residents themselves and don't even see it.

by Anonymousreply 16January 16, 2018 8:10 PM

Where can you find this show?

by Anonymousreply 17January 16, 2018 8:33 PM

Never mind, I found it, started watching the pilot, and haven't laughed once in 15 minutes. Do I need to give it more time?

by Anonymousreply 18January 16, 2018 8:52 PM

Lots of hot man on man macking on last nights episode.

by Anonymousreply 19January 17, 2018 3:58 PM

R18 there are some laugh out loud moments, but the show is more whimsical and smile inducing with a lot of heart

by Anonymousreply 20January 17, 2018 7:52 PM

Love it and looking forward to the new episodes.

Link back to one of the earliest threads:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 17, 2018 9:47 PM

If you like cocktails, this show, like ABFAB, goes great with them.

by Anonymousreply 22January 17, 2018 10:57 PM

Catherine O'Hara is hysterical in this.

by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2018 1:09 AM

Loved the new episode, it was actually funny with several laugh out loud moments. It was also very cute with David and Patrick being so loved up. Glad they finally got some alone time.

by Anonymousreply 24January 21, 2018 2:15 PM

I'm not in Canada so I didn't see it yet

by Anonymousreply 25January 21, 2018 2:33 PM

[quote]I'm not in Canada so I didn't see it yet

I'm not in Canada either, I cheat by using Zooqle.

[quote]Lots of hot man on man macking on last nights episode.

I like Patrick but I wouldn't mind seeing more of Jake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 21, 2018 6:08 PM

[quote]Catherine O'Hara is hysterical in this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 21, 2018 6:10 PM

FYI the show just got renewed for 14 more episodes in Season 5..

by Anonymousreply 28March 7, 2018 7:39 AM

When is Catherine NOT hysterical?

by Anonymousreply 29March 7, 2018 8:50 AM

I like how much emphasis there is this season on the sweet gay relationship

by Anonymousreply 30March 7, 2018 10:30 AM

Awesome! Glad it will be back for another season.

by Anonymousreply 31March 7, 2018 11:53 AM

Moira, as played by O'Hara:

The reason this okay show becomes a must-see for me.

by Anonymousreply 32March 7, 2018 8:47 PM

I like the dry wit and awkward comedy. It's not HAHA funny. It's smirk funny.

Plus, the love song scene last episode was sweet. Patrick is so' Canadian cute.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 7, 2018 10:53 PM

Is that Madonna in american life era?

by Anonymousreply 34March 7, 2018 11:11 PM

This show is great. I love Patrick. Such an ideal bf.

by Anonymousreply 35March 8, 2018 3:35 AM

I enjoyed the surprise new wrinkle, I hope the boys get through it.

by Anonymousreply 36March 8, 2018 4:18 AM

I love this show. Surreal at times.

by Anonymousreply 37March 8, 2018 4:26 AM

Perhaps the word you mean is "absurdist" or "darkly comic."

If it were surreal, a banana would talk or a moose would book a room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 8, 2018 6:18 AM

One critic described the show as "underwritten," which I think is apt.

The scripts and pacing need to be punched up. It's all a bit too low-energy.

by Anonymousreply 39March 8, 2018 6:29 AM

It's Canadian. That is their high-energy.

by Anonymousreply 40March 8, 2018 6:31 AM

R38, No I didn't! You are mistaking Surrealism, an Artistic Movement with a Manifesto, with the adjective Surreal: Marked by intense irrationality, unbelievably fantastic, i.e. Surreal sums of money, Ironically you provide a shitty link to a crap American dictionary, but it's very definition is what I use here to explain to you my word choice is correct usage. Did YOU look the word up? Go away you twit!

by Anonymousreply 41March 8, 2018 9:04 AM

I'm rewatching the latest episode (the one about the BBQ) and just had a DL moment as David actually sniffs a cookie. Coincidence?

by Anonymousreply 42March 12, 2018 6:06 AM

It's been renewed for season five, new episodes out in early 2019

by Anonymousreply 43March 12, 2018 11:59 AM

The show is so utterly charming. I love David making all these faces, like he's right in the middle of either being electrocuted or having a stroke, reacting to just random things. At first I was a bit puzzled about his contempt for open mic night, in episode six, since he did perform some crazy duet with his mom a couple of episodes ago, but then it turned out it's about something other than performing in public. And the show's right back to being utterly charming.

by Anonymousreply 44March 12, 2018 12:59 PM

OMG, that's Stacey Farber from Degrassi: Next Generation in the BBQ episode. In her early seasons she was Marco's beard, pretend girlfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 12, 2018 2:38 PM

Go, Canada!

by Anonymousreply 46March 12, 2018 6:55 PM

R41 has STATED her SURREAL BOUNDARIES!

Pick your own dictionary choice, queen, but the show is not "unreal, bizarre, unusual, weird, strange, freakish, unearthly, uncanny," or "dreamlike."

It's just odd and Canadian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 13, 2018 1:13 AM

You try parallel parking in a burka, David. I love the odd stuff Alexis aludes to about her past.

by Anonymousreply 48March 13, 2018 1:43 AM

Love Dustin Milligan (Ted the Vet).

by Anonymousreply 49March 13, 2018 2:05 AM

Love that, at the final moments of the episode, Ted texts her again and this time intentionally. Mixed signals, much?

by Anonymousreply 50March 13, 2018 2:10 AM

Great show.

by Anonymousreply 51March 13, 2018 2:13 AM

Loved the ending of this week's episode. Simply the best.

by Anonymousreply 52March 22, 2018 1:48 AM

I wonder if the ex-fiancee will resurface later. Adds all sorts of opportunity for conflict and plot twists (as long as he ends up with David, that guy needs someone sane to bring him back down to reality).

by Anonymousreply 53March 22, 2018 1:59 AM

This show is really not funny and I love Eugene and Catherine.

by Anonymousreply 54March 22, 2018 2:08 AM

Cute!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 22, 2018 3:53 AM

Hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 22, 2018 3:53 AM

Fuck! Now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 22, 2018 3:54 AM

Call me Mary! but I am pretty amazed how they can turn vapid Alexis into a mature adult without compromising her vapidness. Like in the latest episode when she's with her friend from when she was still rich and decides against being part of her friend's entourage (or take that job she offers for her father's company).

by Anonymousreply 58March 29, 2018 6:42 PM

R58 I love Alexis! When she goes with David to take his driving test and he is freaking out with nerves, she says "Nobody cares, David!" He realizes she is right and passes it. It's just too hard to decide which of the family is my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 59March 29, 2018 7:05 PM

Agreed R58. In the bar when the friend says about not seeing each for a long time and how they should get together again and says, "I don't want this to happen again" and Alexis says, "It won't" I got a big smile on my face. She just shaded the vapid friend and she was too vapid to realize it.

by Anonymousreply 60March 29, 2018 8:13 PM

Alexis' winsome glances around the shabby motel rooms (when she considered leaving) were so subtle and endearing. I'm loving her character (and the actress) more with each episode.

by Anonymousreply 61March 29, 2018 11:37 PM

I like the way the facial expressions of Alexis and David mirror each other, as would be common with siblings in close proximity

by Anonymousreply 62March 30, 2018 12:58 AM

R52 they do a great job at playing those two characters with similar looks/expressions. For me, the best confirmation of this is believing these two actors are related, when his actual sister is on the show (Twyla the diner waitress is played by Sarah Levy).

by Anonymousreply 63March 30, 2018 1:08 AM

[quote]I like how much emphasis there is this season on the sweet gay relationship

r30, genuine question, both characters on the show are bi/pan, is it still considered a 'gay' relationship? Or is the proper term now 'same-sex' relationship?

by Anonymousreply 64March 30, 2018 2:33 AM

Schitt's Creek is so hilarious to me. Love the primary actors (Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara and their kids). However, the biggest laughs for me come from the supporting cast who are so deadpan in response to the over the top characters portrayed by Levy and O'Hara.

by Anonymousreply 65March 30, 2018 2:41 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 30, 2018 3:13 AM

Alexis' little hand gestures remind me of those begging cats:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 30, 2018 3:24 AM

mew?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 30, 2018 3:25 AM

I really want the recipe for lover’s curry to make for my frienemy.

by Anonymousreply 69March 30, 2018 4:49 AM

There is something delightfully underhanded about Twyla's character. She seems way smarter than she lets on (like giving Alexis the right idea about how to use discounts at Single's Night). I wouldn't be surprised if she is some sort of mastermind scheming her way to the top (whatever the top is in Schitt's Creek LOL).

by Anonymousreply 70March 30, 2018 9:09 AM

I love you R67 & R68.

by Anonymousreply 71March 30, 2018 4:38 PM

I love how all the food David brought for Jocelyn's shower were all foods pregnant women can't eat.

by Anonymousreply 72March 31, 2018 9:06 PM

Soft cheese? Really David?

by Anonymousreply 73March 31, 2018 11:30 PM

LOVED this week’s episode. Silly and sweet all rolled into one.

by Anonymousreply 74April 11, 2018 2:09 AM

Patrick is awesome. Ted the vet is so hot

by Anonymousreply 75April 11, 2018 2:35 AM

David is annoyingly adorable in his own damaged way. Just when you think he’s an ass, he manages to surprise you. Actually that’s probably the common trait in that show. Good that Patrick is seeing through the crap and making him a better person without being that “I’ll fix him” character.

by Anonymousreply 76April 11, 2018 2:43 AM

I'm so happy that America has taken a liking to this show. Often , Canadian humour tends to be influenced by the Britts and often a little too sophisticated for middle America. This Candian now has faith that many American truly have taste and are open to more than just a Football and reality tv

by Anonymousreply 77April 11, 2018 2:59 AM

I love the latest episode.

Love the reveal that the very pregnant Jocelyn has to drive herself to the hospital, because Moira is too stressed out.

Johnny Moira Schitt *LOL*. And the moment neither Johnny nor Moira want to hold the baby.

Love Patrick ruining the moment with David's big love gesture and monologue by passive agressively reminding him about the tea he was supposed to bring.

I fear for Alexis and Ted. That was such a great and wonderful rom-com happy ending, but the show's still going for at least one more season, right?

by Anonymousreply 78April 11, 2018 8:44 PM

Yup renewed for at least one more.

by Anonymousreply 79April 11, 2018 8:46 PM

Good to hear, r79. It is a sweet show with a very good cast. A minor gem that might become a cult hit even after it is gone

by Anonymousreply 80April 13, 2018 2:37 AM

That's a good way of putting it, R80, and I agree.

by Anonymousreply 81April 13, 2018 2:54 AM

David certainly likes wearing a skirt.

by Anonymousreply 82April 14, 2018 12:27 AM

Scorcese directing sounds like a name-dropping exercise but this upcoming Netflix project should be interesting based on the cast alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83April 14, 2018 7:09 PM

Catherine O'Hara and Eugene Levy are both so talented and great at playing character parts. Of course it would be a hokey stunt, but I'd love to see an episode where they get to play different people--like the old "evil twin" plots we used to love to hate on soaps and sitcoms, or a dream sequence or something. Or semi-lookalikes that just randomly wander into town one day.

Just one episode, though.

by Anonymousreply 84April 15, 2018 12:52 PM

They’re going to do a Christmas episode this year. Only 8 months left to wait.

by Anonymousreply 85April 15, 2018 6:32 PM

Confession: I only started to watch the show because of Jake but I'm glad I did. Sorry not sorry!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 17, 2018 5:59 AM

Oh please r77, Canadian sitcoms often just suck. Schitts Creek is a rare exception.

by Anonymousreply 87April 17, 2018 6:29 AM

Season 2 was a bit difficult, but I have really enjoyed binging seasons 3 and 4

by Anonymousreply 88June 17, 2018 11:02 PM

The cast at Toronto Pride.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 25, 2018 9:12 PM

There are so many things to like about this show.

The way the character (Bob?) always moves his body when entering, and his passive aggressive way of making his feelings known.

The way Ted roars up on his new motorcycle with his new beard and new muscles and just happens to notice Alexis standing there.

The way David and Patrick have worked their way up to a relationship that's so sweet and solid.

Johnny being the one still kind of out of his depth, but really trying hard.

The way Johnny and Moira defended the town to their snobby friends.

Alexis growing enough to know she really didn't deserve Ted, and that leaving his office enabled him to hire someone who would be good at the job.

Moira saying, "Of course it is," when Jake said his name was Jake. And showing a lot of Jake's chest.

by Anonymousreply 90June 25, 2018 9:28 PM

It made this list of seven things people don't watch because the title alone keeps them away. Which is completely childish, in my opinion. This comment nails it:

[quote]Honestly if you’re avoiding Schitt’s Creek for the name alone, you’re only hurting yourself. The show is a joy bomb in a garbage world and it’s funny as hell to boot. If you want to deprive yourself of that because you think the name is stupid, I don’t know what to tell you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 7, 2018 1:33 AM

Episode 13 of Season 4 airing this week, a funny and touching “Holiday Special”. Johnny remembers the lavish parties they used to throw when money was no object, and tries to recapture the Christmas spirit. Special musical cameo by Paul Shaffer.

by Anonymousreply 92December 19, 2018 7:47 AM

The Christmas Special wasn't bad but the season five trailer made me very excited.

by Anonymousreply 93December 19, 2018 9:12 AM

I've been rewatching season one and I forgot how awful Alexis was. In a funny and oddly charming way, but still...pretty obnoxious. They've done a great job with her character growth. I think she will become worthy of Ted. Not sure David will ever be worthy of Patrick, but sometimes life is like that. Which reminds me...

[quote]both characters on the show are bi/pan

Nitpick: Pretty sure Patrick is gay. He said something along the lines of his past relationships with women never feeling right.

by Anonymousreply 94December 19, 2018 1:48 PM

I found the Patrick/David stuff to be a bit tedious. David feels very differently written this season. I suppose he's developing, but I'm not a huge fan of his arc. Dan Levy writes for the show, too, so I'm surprised.

by Anonymousreply 95December 19, 2018 1:58 PM

There was a Christmas special?

by Anonymousreply 96December 19, 2018 3:26 PM

I have grown to love Alexis. I think the actress has done an amazing job taking on Daniel Levy's ticks - they really seem like brother and sister.

by Anonymousreply 97December 19, 2018 4:01 PM

[quote]they really seem like brother and sister.

She does a great job at making that believable, especially since his “real” sister is also on the show (Twyla the waitress).

by Anonymousreply 98December 19, 2018 7:37 PM

Just been catching up to this series on Netflix over the past couple of weeks. I’ve always loved Levy and O’Hara, but at first I found the concept too broad. It was like “Green Acres” but with all four family members as Ava Gabor. (And that wasn’t as much fun as it sounds.) It was amusing but never actually funny (to me).

Suddenly with ep 1.5 I thought they had a strong entry, and the series kept building and getting better for me after that. Whether because the writers and actors had begun to hit their stride or because I finally got onto the wavelength of the series, I don’t know. The way the individual family members have become more vulnerable and empathetic over four seasons has been wonderful. It’s happened gradually and without sacrificing the citified characters’ sarcastic humor. I do think there is much too much Chris Elliott as Mayor Schitt throughout the series, a little of him goes a long way.

The love story between David (Daniel Levy, who I like but who mugs and pulls faces too much) and Patrick (Noah Reid, beefy and adorable, would love to see that ass naked) which is teased out slowly in the latter part of season 3 and throughout season 4 is a deep pleasure and a complete surprise, done with much warmth. Really one of the best gay love story arcs I’ve ever seen on TV. And I agree that Annie Murphy as Alexis has grown tremendously in the part and turned her vapid character into a real mensch. I’m rooting for Alexis and Ted (a cutie playing a character as NICE as Americans think all Canadians are).

I would say to those who don’t really like the first few eps: stick with it, give it a chance, there is a pervasive humanity about it that is very winning and I’ve come to love this show.

by Anonymousreply 99December 19, 2018 8:02 PM

And the show is even better after I have a puff or two of medical marijuana.

by Anonymousreply 100December 19, 2018 8:17 PM

Where can I watch the Christmas episode? Been looking everywhere but can't find it. The usual sites that post tv episodes don't have it either. And before you tell me to watch it on the original website, I'm not Canadian, nor am I American.

by Anonymousreply 101December 24, 2018 11:54 AM

The scripts say he's pansexual, but Dan Levy plays David as gay.

by Anonymousreply 102December 24, 2018 12:42 PM

Never mind, I found a place to watch it. I really liked the episode. This part was especially cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103December 25, 2018 8:10 AM

I was disappointed in the Christmas special. It wasn't funny and even the rhythm was off, like it was under rehearsed or something.

With all the characters except Moira in a good place, I wonder what storylines they will come up with for season five. You know at some point someone will try to buy the town and the Roses will refuse to sell. They could get a lot of mileage out of that but it feels like something for the final season. Hopefully season five won't be the last.

by Anonymousreply 104December 29, 2018 2:39 PM

When does season 5 start?

by Anonymousreply 105December 29, 2018 3:04 PM

r48 - I had no idea David Burtka was in this show! Does that we mean we have to put up with the inevitable NPH cameo? Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 106December 29, 2018 3:07 PM

Love the show EXCEPT they could kill off Chris Elliot and it would improve tenfold. And the title does seem to be a protracted “doody” joke and not nearly as clever as they must have thought it would be. But no other quibbles.

by Anonymousreply 107December 29, 2018 4:27 PM

R105 January 8th in Canada. January 16th in the US.

by Anonymousreply 108December 29, 2018 5:31 PM

R107 yeah I had friends who refused to watch it simply because of the title. Finally managed to convince them and now they’re big fans. I think the title is hurting them.

by Anonymousreply 109December 29, 2018 6:14 PM

I think a lot of the non-viewers who are offended by the title would be equally offended by the type of humour, so not a huge loss. Can’t please everyone all the time. One of my favourite shows, rewatching most of it over the holidays until the new season starts.

by Anonymousreply 110December 29, 2018 6:42 PM

I agree with that. If the title offends you, the show probably will, too. Probably better if they don't see it.

I don't think of it as a "dirty" or "mature" show, but it's definitely more adult humor. I've had to persuade people to watch it mostly because they thought the title sounded stupid, not offensive.

by Anonymousreply 111December 29, 2018 10:08 PM

I find Dan Levy so attractive. He always seems to wear those big ass shirts and sweaters, so I have no idea what his body looks like, but he's adorable and sexy.

by Anonymousreply 112December 29, 2018 10:09 PM

Some guy on here claimed Dan wanted to spit roasted by him and his boyfriend but they declined.

by Anonymousreply 113December 29, 2018 10:12 PM

Dan Levy shirtless

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 29, 2018 10:13 PM

It's a mockup fake TIgerbeat esc cover, but pretty sure his body isn't photoshoped, even if it is old.

by Anonymousreply 115December 29, 2018 10:15 PM

January will be good to us gays. New season of Schitt's Creek and the premiere of that Roswell reboot. The reboot will probably be terrible but at least it has a gay storyline.

by Anonymousreply 116December 29, 2018 10:21 PM

Not bad. I always assumed Dan was maybe a little on the chunkier side, but he looks great there if it is, in fact, a real picture of him.

by Anonymousreply 117December 29, 2018 10:21 PM

I'm cautiously optimistic about the Roswell gay storyline. They can easily screw it up.

by Anonymousreply 118December 29, 2018 10:21 PM

The image of a spit roasted Dan Levy is very hot. Sounds like he's a fun little slut himself.

by Anonymousreply 119December 29, 2018 10:21 PM

Dan's arms

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120December 29, 2018 10:24 PM

R118 Yeah, it's on the CW so it's probably a good idea to not get your hopes up. The CW manages to screw up every single gay storyline. They seem to have no problem portraying lesbians though, go figure. Meanwhile the gays are barely there and neutered. Anyways, at least the gay character will be played by an actor I assume is gay (or at least bi). He isn't out but he's not really hiding either from what I can tell by looking at his Insta.

by Anonymousreply 121December 29, 2018 10:29 PM

Did anyone actually say they were offended by the title?

by Anonymousreply 122December 29, 2018 10:33 PM

No, nobody said they were offended.by the title. I said it wasn’t very clever, which is too bad as the rest of the show certainly is. But I did say Chris Elliot is a major drag.

by Anonymousreply 123December 30, 2018 12:17 AM

r101 , it's up on torrents, if you want to go that route. I hope they re-air it at some point.

by Anonymousreply 124December 30, 2018 1:13 PM

R124 Thanks, but I found it somewhere else. Turns out someone uploaded it to Dailymotion, lol.

by Anonymousreply 125December 30, 2018 1:16 PM

Noah Reid, who plays Patrick, is engaged to his girilfriend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126January 1, 2019 3:15 PM

I've finally been watching the last season and I'm mostly surprised by how weirdly moving it is. There have been moments involving David and Alexis that actually made me tear up. Just when I think this show can't get any better, it starts getting deeper and funnier.

by Anonymousreply 127January 1, 2019 6:57 PM

Dan Levy is adorkable on this show. Someone above hinted he’s gay in real life. Is that true?

by Anonymousreply 128January 28, 2019 9:47 PM

Of course he is R128

by Anonymousreply 129January 28, 2019 9:55 PM

Someone on here claimed Dan propositioned to get spit roasted by him and his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 130January 29, 2019 1:38 AM

[quote] his “real” sister is also on the show (Twyla the waitress).

It must suck being a girl with a prettier brother.

by Anonymousreply 131January 29, 2019 1:45 AM

Well well well

Looks like SC is nominated in the GLAAD Media Awards comedy category, along with B99, Modern Family, Will & Grace and others....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132January 29, 2019 4:30 AM

How odd it must be for the actor who portrays Patrick to act all gay, when in real life, he's not.

by Anonymousreply 133January 29, 2019 5:01 PM

R133 Yes it must be absolute hell for the actor to have to pretend to be something he's not.

by Anonymousreply 134January 29, 2019 5:09 PM

[quote] The scripts say he's pansexual, but Dan Levy plays David as gay.

When they first explicitly addressed David's sexuality on the show (in Stevie's and David's sexuality), that was the point: Stevie made clear that she had thought David was gay, and David explained people often assume he's gay but he's really pansexual.

by Anonymousreply 135January 29, 2019 5:18 PM

Dan Levy is gorgeous, IMO. He's going to age really strangely unless he works out religiously (all men with those kinds of features and eyebrows otherwise age like Aristotle Onassis), but right now he is so sexy.

He's a genuinely good actor, too, though he is not as funny as his father, and neither is as funny as Catherine O'Hara.

by Anonymousreply 136January 29, 2019 5:20 PM

One thing I'm disappointed with the show is that in the first two seasons we saw more of the bizarre town and it's inhabitants. Now it's just an ensemble cast each week with an occasional visit by one of the townsfolk.

by Anonymousreply 137January 29, 2019 5:49 PM

Any dish on Ennis Esmer?

by Anonymousreply 138February 1, 2019 12:44 AM

[quote] How odd it must be for the actor who portrays Patrick to act all gay, when in real life, he's not.

It’s called acting, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 139February 1, 2019 12:50 AM

[quote] It must suck being a girl with a prettier brother.

She’s very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 140February 1, 2019 12:51 AM

Too bad Catherine O'Hara is wasted in this garbage.

by Anonymousreply 141February 1, 2019 12:59 AM

R141, lots of people (including me) love her on this show.

by Anonymousreply 142February 1, 2019 3:00 AM

Did we know that the actress playing "Stevie" is a lesbian in real life, and recently got married to......a woman!

by Anonymousreply 143February 1, 2019 12:23 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 144February 1, 2019 1:04 PM

R143 thinks it’s 1988.

by Anonymousreply 145February 1, 2019 1:05 PM

I didn’t know that R143. Thanks for the info.

by Anonymousreply 146February 1, 2019 8:27 PM

While I love this show (even the uneven seasons), find Dan Levy oddly attractive (as well as lusting over Dustin Milligan), and think Stevie is Canadianly hysterical, the actress/role of Jocelyn is by far the best part of the series. She is the perfect foil for Moira, even though her inclusion requires Chris Elliot (who is the worst part of the series and brings it down considerably). Everytime Jocelyn walks on screen she brings such a light to her scenes (roll your eyes bitches).

by Anonymousreply 147February 2, 2019 12:34 AM

Bring back Mutt!

by Anonymousreply 148February 8, 2019 5:39 PM

This season has been a dud. I love David and Patrick's relationship but the show in itself is just not funny anymore.

by Anonymousreply 149February 8, 2019 6:06 PM

R147 I agree. I love Jocelyn too.

by Anonymousreply 150February 8, 2019 6:07 PM

Jocelyn is great. I do think Chris Elliot really is the weakest part of the show. If they killed him off, I wouldn't be sad. He's kinda like William H.Macy on Shameless. He's outstayed his welcome and just needs to go, because he's bringing down an otherwise stellar ensemble.

by Anonymousreply 151February 8, 2019 6:42 PM

R143 is wrong; she is engaged to a man.

by Anonymousreply 152February 8, 2019 7:00 PM

I like David and Patrick, but wish they chemistry. They come across extremely neutered.

by Anonymousreply 153February 9, 2019 2:21 AM

R151, thank you for your post. I agree wholeheartedly. I am happy they’ve toned him down a good bit. There are fewer Roland-centric episodes and his material is subtler than in past seasons. Macy is Shameless is such a bore; although, his arc last season redeemed him somewhat.

R153, I find their relationship oddly comforting. They’re sort of ordinary.

Anyone else tired of the overuse of an extended “so” to end a sentence? I wonder if it’s a bit that they found funny and decided to pepper throughout each episode, a device to show Alexis and David’s impact on others (Stevie and others now use it), lazy writing, perhaps, smart writing reflecting a pervasive pattern in Canadian speech, or something else entirely.

by Anonymousreply 154February 9, 2019 2:45 AM

Love all the characters except Chris Elliott. He’s bring down every scene he’s in. Plus he’s so unattractive and his character s so gross, I fast forward through his sciences.

by Anonymousreply 155February 9, 2019 2:48 AM

R154 I haven’t noticed it yet, will have to pay more attention. All characters or just a select few? Apparently it’s a fairly common thing, basically ends a sentence by implying something without actually saying it. There’s even a Facebook group for those triggered by it, so... ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156February 9, 2019 2:56 AM

R156, thanks. Nice article. David and Alexis are the primary offenders. I believe Patrick had one this week and Stevie has gotten some in as well.

by Anonymousreply 157February 10, 2019 9:50 AM

Dan on The Late Show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158February 21, 2019 2:51 AM

Was there no new episode last night?

by Anonymousreply 159February 21, 2019 11:41 PM

There was a new one on CBC.

by Anonymousreply 160February 22, 2019 12:49 AM

I'm in love with the unfortunately straight Noah Reid (Patrick).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161February 22, 2019 1:51 AM

R159 There was a new episode Wednesday night on PopTV

by Anonymousreply 162February 22, 2019 2:26 AM

Fuck, my DVR didn't record it.

by Anonymousreply 163February 22, 2019 4:01 AM

Ooohh…..Patrick as the Emcee! Hope we get to see some of him all dressed up in costume! Sexy!

by Anonymousreply 164February 23, 2019 12:56 PM

Another amazing episode. I loved Alexis’ 30second audition. Had me howling with laughter. Moria and Stevie at the end was super sweet too.

by Anonymousreply 165February 27, 2019 7:40 AM

That was one of the best episodes ever. So much Moira, Alexis, Stevie and Jocelyn.

by Anonymousreply 166February 27, 2019 9:14 AM

FYI they recorded a full version of “A little bit Alexis” and it’s on Spotify Apple Music etc.

by Anonymousreply 167February 27, 2019 6:01 PM

I'll say it again: Jocelyn rules this show! The actress does so much with what she is given, it's remarkable. A perfect supporting character actress.

by Anonymousreply 168March 7, 2019 1:00 AM

The only character I dislike is Roland. He’s repulsive and I usually fast forward through his scenes

by Anonymousreply 169March 7, 2019 1:18 AM

The way Moira pronounced "conjure" made me angry. But I also learned a new word - lupanarian. Can't wait to throw it in the face of the first DLer who pisses me off.

by Anonymousreply 170March 7, 2019 1:31 AM

David was adorkable playing baseball.

by Anonymousreply 171March 7, 2019 7:37 PM

Love this show, but I do think this season isn't as funny. It's gotten to warm-and-fuzzy. It was funnier in Season 2 when David had a real edge.

by Anonymousreply 172March 7, 2019 8:53 PM

The show's basically on autopilot

by Anonymousreply 173March 7, 2019 8:56 PM

I've come to accept Chris' irritating character. It's worth waiting for Ohara's comedic genius. Also, Jennifer Robinson as Jocelyn is sweet and endearingly funny. The casino episode was hilarious. Annie Murphy and Emily Hampshire are great, too. Of course Dustin Milligan is hunky and sweet.

by Anonymousreply 174March 8, 2019 4:12 AM

They need to bring this guy back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175March 8, 2019 11:45 AM

[quote]Well, what kind of ailurophobe sends their kitty out to play on such a busy stretch of highway?

Oh, Moira, educating the unwashed masses once again. Had to look that one up as well. This last episode has been a return to form, I think.

by Anonymousreply 176March 14, 2019 12:33 AM

David meets Wendy, his former boss, again. And she sells knock offs of his products and has a David look-a-like partner. LOL

And who is shocked, SHOCKED!, that Alexis has murdered tamagotchis?

by Anonymousreply 177March 14, 2019 12:45 AM

Had to LOL when Wendy explains that it’s her partner not her fiance, and David with a sigh of relief says that the discussion is going to be a lot less awkward now. But yes, product packaging AND David look-alikes was funny as hell. And Ronnie’s snail-paced bathroom reno gets trashed. Patrick’s not going to be a happy camper.

by Anonymousreply 178March 14, 2019 4:55 AM

Oh Antonio...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179March 14, 2019 5:24 AM

WHERE WAS PATRICK???

by Anonymousreply 180March 14, 2019 6:27 AM

Obviously the budget couldn’t stretch to have both Patrick AND Ted.

by Anonymousreply 181March 14, 2019 6:56 AM

Patrick was at some boring tax seminar, for people who, you know, like to stay in business, as Stevie said.

by Anonymousreply 182March 14, 2019 8:20 AM

I loved Alexis' ineffectual role-playing.

And Moira texting Stevie at 3am "Leggings"

by Anonymousreply 183March 14, 2019 8:45 AM

So we get to meet Patrick's parents in the next episode. Am I right in assuming that he's not out to them?

by Anonymousreply 184March 16, 2019 12:31 AM

Ooh, that sounds juicy, r185!

by Anonymousreply 185March 16, 2019 12:37 AM

The show is all beautiful Dan Levy's baby, it was his concept and he writes about 4 episodes a season, and polishes up the rest written by others.

by Anonymousreply 186March 16, 2019 12:37 AM

r163 - its always available on poptv.com the next day - you have to watch the adds, but they conveniently dump most of the together right around the middle of the episode. They also have tons of extras. so it's worth a trip.

by Anonymousreply 187March 16, 2019 12:41 AM

Call me Mary!, but I love the end credits theme.

by Anonymousreply 188March 16, 2019 12:43 AM

[quote]I like David and Patrick, but wish they chemistry. They come across extremely neutered.

I don't see that at all. I think the chemistry amazing. You've got a barely out small town guy and a jaded, ridiculously worldly "pansexual" who clearly adore each other and are thriving in a not easy to thrive place because their differences complement each other perfectly. Chemistry is not about writhing in bed. That's lust. Chemistry lasts, lust fades after the first few loads.

by Anonymousreply 189March 16, 2019 12:49 AM

There was mention of some sort of coming out situation in S5, meeting Patrick’s parents could very well be it. Although I’m surprised/impressed the ex-fiancée we saw last season would have not leaked anything to her prospective in-laws.

by Anonymousreply 190March 16, 2019 1:24 AM

I love that fairytale fantasy of someone as grounded as Patrick is falling for someone as high strung as David. It gives you some great hilarity ensues moments like in the baseball episode.

by Anonymousreply 191March 16, 2019 1:28 AM

Catherine O’Hara The Schitt’s Creek star on her long career, sexism in comedy, and her favorite impressionists

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192March 20, 2019 1:25 PM

That episode was amazing. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 193March 20, 2019 7:57 PM

Moira’s vocabulary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194March 20, 2019 8:36 PM

R193 I liked it so much I watched it thrice. Moira at the soap actor’s convention had some funny dialogue as well.

by Anonymousreply 195March 20, 2019 9:01 PM

The episode was heartwarming but also pretty schmaltzy, let's be real. My favourite exchange:

[quote]Alexis dear, now is bad a time as any to tell you. There is a dark side to Mummy's industry, and I've tried to protect you from it your whole life.

[quote]You took me to the Playboy Mansion when I was seven.

[quote]And you had a wonderful time in the children's grotto.

by Anonymousreply 196March 20, 2019 9:23 PM

I love how they casually mention fans wanting to take pictures of feet.

by Anonymousreply 197March 20, 2019 9:29 PM

God bless Moira R196. I think my favorite line this season was "Different orchard, Jocelyn"

by Anonymousreply 198March 20, 2019 9:29 PM

Love Patrick's dad not getting David's fashion sense.

by Anonymousreply 199March 20, 2019 9:36 PM

No spoilers r199.

(but I have a sense of what will happen)

by Anonymousreply 200March 20, 2019 10:21 PM

I'm just catching up on past seasons because I didn't realize a Canadian TV show could be this good - apart from SCTV. It's too bad it's not getting more buzz in the US because it would rake in the Golden Globes and Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 201March 20, 2019 10:35 PM

Mira's subtle line in 10, "And then we hit it with our car," made me laugh out loud.... the best part of the episode.

by Anonymousreply 202March 20, 2019 11:44 PM

I love that Eugene Levy plays the “straight man”

by Anonymousreply 203March 21, 2019 12:24 AM

That's always been Levy's strength r203. He's got that innate sense of comic befuddlement that Newhart had. He's at his best when he's the ground wire for a bunch of crazies.

by Anonymousreply 204March 21, 2019 2:55 AM

I remember Eugene Levy from that hilarious send up he did of Perry Como on SCTV.

by Anonymousreply 205March 21, 2019 4:23 AM

I thought it was sweet as well. I adore Noah Reid and WANT TO BEAR HIS CHILDREN.

by Anonymousreply 206March 21, 2019 5:35 AM

Is this you R206????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207March 21, 2019 7:39 AM

I believe R206 was quoting Lola Heatherton, one of Catherine’s SCTV characters. But thanks for breaking that fragile illusion for us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208March 21, 2019 7:49 AM

Catherine O'Hara is a genius. The way she speaks as Moira could have gone annoying pretty fast, but with her you can't wait listening what crazy thing she is saying next in that affected voice.

by Anonymousreply 209March 21, 2019 8:12 AM

"Different orchard, Jocelyn"

by Anonymousreply 210March 21, 2019 8:23 AM

r207 - Close your mouth darling. That is SO unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 211March 21, 2019 10:50 AM

They've just announced the next series (6) will be the last.

by Anonymousreply 212March 21, 2019 3:10 PM

Awful news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213March 21, 2019 3:12 PM

While it's sad I believe they will end the show on a high note instead of fans begging for the show to finally end.

by Anonymousreply 214March 21, 2019 3:15 PM

Patrick's dad was a hot silver-haired daddy.

by Anonymousreply 215March 21, 2019 3:36 PM

R215 OMG SPOILERS!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 216March 21, 2019 3:40 PM

This is the proper thread to discuss spoilers and the other one wasn't. Now stop acting like a little bitch; the rest of us have moved on from that fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 217March 21, 2019 3:43 PM

Just announced that Season 6 will be the shows final season. I’m sad I could happily watch this forever.

by Anonymousreply 218March 21, 2019 6:22 PM

I just bought an "Eww, David" tee shirt.

by Anonymousreply 219March 21, 2019 7:13 PM

Link please

by Anonymousreply 220March 21, 2019 7:17 PM

Why are they ending the show now, just when it's starting to get noticed?? If a crappy show like Grey's Anatomy can run for 14 years, SC could still get 1 or 2 more good seasons and maybe some Emmy awards.

by Anonymousreply 221March 21, 2019 11:22 PM

I'm sad that we won't get to hear the closing theme again after the series has finished. They could actually make a concert out of that closing theme.

by Anonymousreply 222March 22, 2019 2:22 AM

R18 If you didn't laugh at the wig joke in the first few minutes, you're the problem.

by Anonymousreply 223March 22, 2019 2:27 AM

It's a Canadian show. It's not eligible for Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 224March 22, 2019 2:29 AM

There's the International Emmy Awards

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225March 22, 2019 2:51 AM

Why wouldn't Schitt's Creek be eligible for an Emmy? Tatiana Maslany won an Emmy for Orphan Black and that was a Canadian show.

by Anonymousreply 226March 22, 2019 4:08 AM

My bad, I thought a Canadian production company was behind it but it's only just filmed there. Plus the fact that Catherine O'Hara had not been nominated yet or the show itself made me think it must be ineligible.

by Anonymousreply 227March 22, 2019 12:09 PM

The full version of A Little Bit Alexis is available on Spotify.

It's obviously heavily based on Work Bitch by Britney and I love it.

"Vroom, vroom, bitches!"

by Anonymousreply 228March 22, 2019 2:43 PM

It's on Apple Music/iTunes too and was no13 on the US iTunes chart at one point.

by Anonymousreply 229March 23, 2019 12:08 PM

Will Patrick and David get married in Season 7?

by Anonymousreply 230March 25, 2019 4:48 PM

No, but maybe in season 6 R230

by Anonymousreply 231March 25, 2019 4:49 PM

Here's a nice interview with Eugene Levy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232March 26, 2019 12:16 AM

Moira's wine commercial is the funniest thing I've ever seen on a TV show.

by Anonymousreply 233March 26, 2019 1:52 AM

Propitious, repast... Moira giving me English lessons yet again.

Anyone else shocked seeing Patrick move like that during the rehearsal? He and Stevie were doing the most there, weren't they? They had the tambourine and the maracas and everything.

by Anonymousreply 234March 28, 2019 3:07 PM

I just found out that the actor playing Patrick is actually straight, and the actress playing Stevie is actually a lesbian! Shocked!

by Anonymousreply 235March 28, 2019 3:17 PM

r235 I knew that about Patrick but not about Stevie. I'm shocked as well!

by Anonymousreply 236March 28, 2019 3:20 PM

I'm sorry I didn't find the show sooner. I've been watching back episodes and I just saw the Christmas show. As funny as the show is - and it's hilarious at times- it's those heartfelt emotional scenes that really anchor the whole series.

Now that they've announced the end of the show, I've been trying to figure out how it ends - I think somehow the Roses will get back all the fortune they've lost and they go back to their old lifestyle and/or their old mansion, but when they invite the Schitt's Creek friends to visit, the Roses will probably realize that their old life was really worse than their new, less affluent life. So they move back.

by Anonymousreply 237March 28, 2019 5:52 PM

Was meaning to watch this show for awhile. Finally started last week and binged the entire series. I really fell in love with the character of Patrick. Perfect boyfriend material.

by Anonymousreply 238March 28, 2019 5:59 PM

The whole "Cabaret" plotline reminds me of how people in flyover towns are desperate to get some glam in their lives by expressing themselves through the magic of amateur stage theatre performances.

Moira not having a meltdown over Stevie and Patrick rehearsing with somebody else (and turning out to be quite good!) is the biggest shock for me. Will there be an actual episode about the premiere of their play?

Stevie: Yeah, last week she told me to dance like an Indonsesian scarf caught in the wind. I don't even know what that looks like.

------

Patrick: Well, we couldn't nail the final lift.

David: What is this? Dirty Dancing?

---

The last scene with the family members burning each other with their feisty remarks was hilarious.

Alexis (to her shocked parents after they find out she has a back tattoo that says "That's hot!" in Cantonese): I was 12 years old!

That could have gone to a pretty dark place but Anne (and the others) really make it funny.

by Anonymousreply 239March 28, 2019 6:09 PM

Based on IMDB descriptions the Cabaret stage production is part of the S5 finale episode.

by Anonymousreply 240March 28, 2019 6:14 PM

r240, thank you for sharing. Usually not into spoilers when it comes to shows I like, but that makes me exited. Mary! I know.

by Anonymousreply 241March 28, 2019 6:20 PM

There are some video extras on YouTube and the Pop Tv website, with Dan Levy talking about the Patrick & David relationship. He said that there has to be conflict in order for there to be a tv show, but he’s purposely writing a gay relationship in which the drama isn’t about negativity from others. Except for the ex-fiancée, no one on the show cares that Patrick and David are the same sex. It’s kind of refreshing and kind of wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 242March 28, 2019 7:37 PM

I think the writing on the show doesn't get enough credit. Yes, it's funny but there are a lot of deeper moments in the series. I especially loved the whole set up of Patrick's parents finding out he's gay. By the look on their faces when Johnny spilled it, you automatically thought that the parents were appalled...but then you find out that they only thought they had failed Patrick because he didn't come to them and tell them the truth sooner. That was a great twist to the story.

by Anonymousreply 243March 29, 2019 4:04 AM

I think the writing and direction of this episode was really well done. What made the episode work so well was the intensity of Patrick’s feelings. In a light comedy like this show, that level of dramatic intensity could throw the balance off. A lot of comedies would have had the actor back off a bit. But Dan Levy decided to go a different route. The audience learned very quickly that Patrick’s parents were fine with it, and everything was going to be all right. It allowed Patrick to be really intense without the audience worrying about him.

I thought that having Patrick say to David right before he sat down with his parents that he was scared, and David responding that he would be there for him, was a great prelude to the reveal itself.

I think the scene in Season 3 with their first kiss was really well done, too.

by Anonymousreply 244March 29, 2019 4:35 AM

R244 delusional frau, STFU. The actor behind Patrick is more wooden than most bad American actors. You will never get "intensity" from wood, lady.

by Anonymousreply 245March 29, 2019 4:39 AM

Not a frau, but I’m guessing you knew that already. Sorry you’re not enjoying the relationship. I’m glad that I am.

by Anonymousreply 246March 29, 2019 4:48 AM

As much as I like Patrick and David as a couple, I kind of lean towards David and Stevie. There's just something that clicks more with the two of them. If they were going to do a "Throuple", these are the three they should do it with.

by Anonymousreply 247March 29, 2019 4:58 AM

[quote]I think the scene in Season 3 with their first kiss was really well done, too.

I think that scene probably brought a lot of us gays, especially those of us who played at the hetero game in our youths, back to the thrill our first same sex kiss.

by Anonymousreply 248March 29, 2019 5:00 AM

R245 I used to be a huge fan of SC until last season when half the episodes sucked and were laugh free. Same with this season, half have sucked. The addition of Patrick brought nothing to the series. He and David are my least favourite characters on the show. I love Alexis the most and her accessory Ted. Stevie and Moira are tied for second. Then Jocelyn. David and his dad are sometimes funny but are just foils for the others who have fleshed out personalities. More often than not, David is annoying and too precious.

by Anonymousreply 249March 29, 2019 5:03 AM

Just watched Patrick's coming out episode, amazing.

They both seem so natural and loving, a lot of little kisses and caresses, a realy believable representation.

by Anonymousreply 250March 29, 2019 6:41 AM

It was interesting that David really went beyond his usual selfcenteredness in that episode. First trying to minimize the damage with the upset parents, and then being supportive of Patrick without taking that personal moment away from him, even though he could have simply said “yea they know they’re ok next”.

by Anonymousreply 251March 29, 2019 6:48 AM

I really want to like Moira, but I find her otherworldly accent annoying and her wardrobe horrifying. That said, I ha ve been in 💘 with David since episode 1. I could listen to him say "Ok who's Brad?!" 100 times and still laugh my ass off.

by Anonymousreply 252March 29, 2019 7:55 AM

I was also shocked by Patrick's dance moves in the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 253March 29, 2019 11:54 AM

Alexis’ constant retracted hands, poised like a begging pet, annoy me to no end. Otherwise, the character is pretty funny and multidimensional. I just don’t understand why the actress feels the need for that constant physical interpretation, just like - to a lesser degree - David’s squinting eyes.

by Anonymousreply 254March 29, 2019 10:19 PM

That Alexis hand move has a name: T-Rex playing the piano at an old-timey saloon. Not kidding you.

by Anonymousreply 255March 29, 2019 11:34 PM

R254 I’m the opposite i really enjoy it when she does that. I really want a threeway with Patrick and Ted. Heaven.

by Anonymousreply 256March 30, 2019 12:25 AM

I would not mind one bit if they brought back Jake (he of the Jake-Stevie-David throuple). Steve Lund is fiiiine -- and funny, too. I have no idea how they plan to end the series, but if they're going for everything tied up in a bow of happiness, then he'd make a good match for Stevie.

Is it wrong that I covet that massive portrait of the Roses from their mansion? I know the characters left it out for the garbagemen, but surely the actual portrait still exists.

by Anonymousreply 257March 30, 2019 12:35 AM

That portrait is stunning. However my favorite part is when it was pointed out that Moira's eyes "follow you" and someone says that Moira paid extra for that.

I know that the Roses didn't think the portrait fit into their life right now, but I found it surprising that they just wouldn't put it in storage somewhere because it's not like they've totally given up on reclaiming their old life just yet.

by Anonymousreply 258March 30, 2019 3:36 AM

Sad they threw the painting out but it was symbolic in their “journey”. I would totally buy a smaller repro or print. Remember when that Kramer portrait was everywhere?

Haven’t watched it yet but apparently the new Netflix show “Umbrella Academy” used the same motel for some scenes, and Dan was not impressed lol.

by Anonymousreply 259March 30, 2019 5:21 AM

I have been disappointed by the writing for the past two seasons. They need to give Eugene and Catherine more to do. David and his boyfriend behave like 11 year olds. If Dan Levy wanted to make a story about teen boys, he should have done that instead of ruining this concept with completely out of character bullshit. They should bring Mutt back. Ted The Vet is hot but so so boring. And they character assassinated Stevie. Someone needs to start telling Dan Levy: no!

by Anonymousreply 260March 31, 2019 4:23 AM

Also, this thread is full of incel fraus pretending to be gay men. You're not sneaky. You're sad and gross.

by Anonymousreply 261March 31, 2019 4:26 AM

That "also" is a great way to make people want to read more of your opinions.

by Anonymousreply 262March 31, 2019 10:26 AM

Curses! Foiled again! r261 is on to us, girls.

by Anonymousreply 263March 31, 2019 3:25 PM

[quote] Also, this thread is full of incel fraus pretending to be gay men. You're not sneaky. You're sad and gross.

All that was missing was a line like "Nobody likes you!" to make this childish comment even better.

by Anonymousreply 264March 31, 2019 3:27 PM

Won best comedy from the Canadian Screen Awards

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265April 1, 2019 4:09 AM

They deserved Best Comedy and Catherine for Best Actress, but weren't Dan and Eugene up for Best Actor? I'm surprised that Dan has never won because he's really given excellent performances as David all through the series.

by Anonymousreply 266April 1, 2019 4:12 AM

They did well at the Canadian equivalent of the Emmys. Noah Reid won Supporting Actor, and Emily Hampshire and Catherine OHara both won for the fourth time. Dan and Eugene Eve were both nominated in Lead but lost to the creator and star of a show called Letterkenny, which I’ve never heard of before.

The actress who plays Ronnie won for guest in a drama for a different show. The actor who plays Amir was nominated for a different show as well.

I wonder if Eugene and Dan split votes. Annie Murphy was also nominated for lead but I don’t think she would siphon off too many votes from Catherine O’Hara. Similarly, Chris Elliott and Jennifer Robertson were nominated in supporting but probably not much threat. The show had two nominees in each of the four acting categories.

by Anonymousreply 267April 1, 2019 10:50 AM

Annie Murphy deserves at least a Canadian Emmy. Maybe a Canadian Nobel.

by Anonymousreply 268April 1, 2019 5:05 PM

Maybe with the win, they'll rethink ending the series. They could get at least a Season 7 out of it. Unless they're all tired and want to move on to other things.

by Anonymousreply 269April 1, 2019 6:01 PM

I hope they will do the occasional special (depending on how they end the show).

by Anonymousreply 270April 1, 2019 6:12 PM

It didn't sound like they'd reconsider ending the show. Sounded like they've got a logical ending to the story in sight.

I'm glad they've decided to go out while it's all still relatively young and hasn't got old and boring yet. Let's be honest, as a set-up they've done well to make it last this long. I love this show more than is probably healthy but I'd hate for it to outstay its welcome like so many shows do.

by Anonymousreply 271April 1, 2019 6:21 PM

All dressed up. The actress who plays Jocelyn looks like Kerry Katona there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272April 1, 2019 8:52 PM

Superficially, Dan/David and Emily/Stevie make a better looking couple than Dan/David and Noah/Patrick.

by Anonymousreply 273April 1, 2019 10:31 PM

The main reason I would want it to continue for a few more seasons is because it's only now starting to get on the radar of US viewers and it might lead to Emmys or Golden Globes.

by Anonymousreply 274April 1, 2019 10:34 PM

I had never heard of Tom and Lorenzo before reading the link at R272 , but I have to say they are spot on in their critiques. I kind of like the fact that this is the Canadian TV Awards, and the actors don’t have stylists and are just making their own way and doing their own thing. They’re not as perfectly glam as their Hollywood counterparts, but if they were, they wouldn’t be as endearing. If they were too polished, they would seem inauthentic and Canada would probably expel them.

I’ve got to agree that Noah Reid is a cutie but he’s not really trying. He probably literally spent about ten minutes deciding what to wear and getting ready. I’m not even sure he ironed that shirt. If there was ever any doubt that he was truly straight, that doubt is gone.

by Anonymousreply 275April 2, 2019 3:05 AM

'If there was ever any doubt that he was truly straight, that doubt is gone. '

Slashing my wrists as I type.

by Anonymousreply 276April 2, 2019 3:10 AM

Will they ever release this on vinyl?

by Anonymousreply 277April 2, 2019 1:58 PM

[quote]I had never heard of Tom and Lorenzo before reading the link at [R272] , but I have to say they are spot on in their critiques.

Tom and Lorenzo are regular weekday reading for me and have been for years. They clearly love fashion, TV and pop culture, but are also not afraid to be raging c**ts when it's called for. Also, they can be just plain funny. Their red carpet coverage is the best on the net - even if they do have their blind spots. Anyway, it's always an entertaining way to spend 10 or 15 minutes while downing a cocktail after clearing out your e-mail.

by Anonymousreply 278April 3, 2019 1:14 AM

Tonight’s episode was amazing. Had me crying with joy.

by Anonymousreply 279April 3, 2019 5:22 AM

Holy shit. And here I thought the show could not get any better.

by Anonymousreply 280April 3, 2019 6:36 PM

It's a Romanian baby, right?

by Anonymousreply 281April 3, 2019 7:02 PM

So now we know what the final show for the series end will be.

by Anonymousreply 282April 3, 2019 11:34 PM

Good lord David is going to be one out of control Groomzilla if they play this through.

by Anonymousreply 283April 4, 2019 4:25 AM

I am so sick of both David and Patrick. Neither of them know how to act. Writing them crying scenes shows how horrible they are. David is even worse than Patrick if that is possible. With every episode this show gets worse and worse. The Johnny having a heart attack story was lame as well. Clearly these fucks have run out of ideas.

by Anonymousreply 284April 4, 2019 4:33 AM

I can't wait to see Moira's Mother-Of-The-Bride/Groom outfit.

by Anonymousreply 285April 4, 2019 4:34 AM

Will Alexis sing at the ceremony? Or the entire group of Jazzagals?

by Anonymousreply 286April 4, 2019 4:58 AM

Alexis is the obvious choice but I think Stevie will get to be David's Maid Of Honor. Either that, or she'll probably throw David his bachelor's party.

by Anonymousreply 287April 4, 2019 5:21 AM

Well, I thought that was sweet. r284 is off his meds.

by Anonymousreply 288April 4, 2019 5:39 AM

I had to LOL at the sight gag of David opening the box and It's not just one ring, but four. Patrick knows him so well. LOL

by Anonymousreply 289April 4, 2019 5:52 AM

What stood out for me in the John has a heart attack story line was how Stevie was so freaked out about Johnny being sick. She almost cared more for him than Moira herself.

by Anonymousreply 290April 4, 2019 5:55 AM

I love how Stevie sees Johnny as a father figure.

by Anonymousreply 291April 4, 2019 5:58 AM

Yes she was the most concerned out of the bunch. She did throw out the more businesslike “I can’t be stuck with the motel by myself” comment but that was hiding how much he means to her. They came a long way since the makeup case gift.

by Anonymousreply 292April 4, 2019 6:14 AM

Hearing Moira open the episode with "good morning" in my own language was surreal. That was prefect Bosnian/ Croatian /Serbian /Slovene. The way she said "literal" was something else as well, and her French "bébé" will never not make me laugh.

Stevie getting emotional over Johnny was my favourite part. Did you notice the little sight gag with Ronnie making a wtf face when Alexis lightly scratched her arm like you'd pet a puppy?

by Anonymousreply 293April 4, 2019 1:27 PM

Did anyone else think David started freaking out early? I was like...how did he know it was a proposal that quick?

by Anonymousreply 294April 4, 2019 6:50 PM

I mean, he had a mystery black box in his hands and Patrick got on his knee. What more do you need to realise it's a proposal?

Or did he start freaking out earlier than that?

by Anonymousreply 295April 4, 2019 6:56 PM

Patrick is always shown as a man with simple/inexpensive taste, his usual clothing, apartment, etc... His BF being the exception obviously.

The (possibly expensive, for him anyway) bottle of Champagne was the first clue this was a special occasion.

by Anonymousreply 296April 4, 2019 7:02 PM

I thought this was one of the best episodes. Moira's "calm" low voice when Johnny was about to go the hospital was priceless.

by Anonymousreply 297April 4, 2019 7:56 PM

WHERES THE BEAR??!!!!

by Anonymousreply 298April 4, 2019 8:00 PM

[quote] Moira's "calm" low voice when Johnny was about to go the hospital was priceless.

OMG. I think that was my favorite part. Catherine O'Hara is a national treasure. In two countries!

I'm glad they've given us a few moments of David being a good boyfriend, because I don't really understand what Patrick sees in David. But if we are to believe that Jocelyn is truly happy in her marriage, and Ted is happy with Alexis, then we must believe that Patrick is truly happy. It is a comedy after all.

by Anonymousreply 299April 7, 2019 10:48 AM

Alexis is very hot, which counts for a lot. And at this point, she has a good heart, which was not true in the beginning.

Dan Levy has commented that he knows that Patrick is this idealized, perfect boyfriend. For most of the time he’s been on the show, he’s had ZERO character flaws and has shrugged off David’s selfishness. I’ve noticed that he’s been able to be more well rounded these past few shows, being rude-ish to Ronnie about the sink, and being frustrated and nervous on this one.

In real life, someone like Patrick would probably find someone like David to be emotionally exhausting.

I haven’t seen every episode, but I don’t remember much true interaction between Roland and Jocelyn. But he is probably a good husband in some ways. I could see him treating Jocelyn like a queen at home. And he’s probably a good provider, doesn’t cheat, doesn’t mind her neuroses, etc.

by Anonymousreply 300April 7, 2019 2:48 PM

R300 you are reading too much into a fictionalized sitcom, you huge turd.

by Anonymousreply 301April 7, 2019 10:01 PM

R301 is not Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 302April 7, 2019 10:19 PM

Does Dan wear padding under all those sweaters on the show? He looks so bulked up as David, but when you see him in real life, he's a lot thinner.

by Anonymousreply 303April 8, 2019 3:23 AM

I adore Patrick! I hope we get to see his performance as the Emcee in Cabaret!

by Anonymousreply 304April 8, 2019 2:49 PM

r301 is Mutt, pissed that he gave up the show before it became popular.

by Anonymousreply 305April 8, 2019 2:55 PM

Pictures of Moira dressed up as Sally Bowles are out there, and Stevie goes missing in this ep.

Maybe Stevie is convinced to get back in time but I think we all want to see Moira taking up the lead character in CA BA RET.

by Anonymousreply 306April 8, 2019 2:56 PM

I've watched a lot of interviews done with Dan Levy and he seems not only smart, but really nice. Very nice. Nicer than most Hollywood actors/producers. No one from Hollywood could be that nice. But if this is his first success, then there's probably plenty of time for him to turn into a typical Hollywood backstabber.

by Anonymousreply 307April 9, 2019 1:57 AM

OMG, there are pictures of Moira dressed up as Sally?? WHERE?? I need to see them. I still haven't stopped laughing after seeing her in that short scene from The Crows.

Apparently for next season, we get to see a flashback of Moira in some kind of made-for-TV movie she made years ago.

by Anonymousreply 308April 9, 2019 2:00 AM

I feel like this show is neverending. I have it set to record automatically, and every time I look, there’s a new ep. How many have there been this season? Thirty?

When I read the description about Patrick and David going hiking, my first thought was: Patrick is excited, David queens out, Patrick is disappointed, David makes it up to him. Surprise!

Eugene Levy has had absolutely no character arc, and neither has Roland. It’s like they're on repeat, same kinds of gags every time.

I guess I’m saying I’m over it. A little bitter because I liked it’s, but it’s run its course (and I do not want to have to watch a Patrick-David wedding with David being a bridezilla and Patrick being the ever patient partner. This show has a problem with setting up one dimensional characters for others to play off of—Mr. Rose and Patrick being the most egregious examples).

by Anonymousreply 309April 9, 2019 2:38 AM

More like 13 episodes, with this week's being the finale and episode 14.

by Anonymousreply 310April 9, 2019 2:41 AM

65 episodes so far (over 5 seasons), plus season finale tomorrow, and another 14 next year. Which is great for them because once you hit 65 eps it’s more attractive for syndication (5 eps per week over a standard 13 week season).

by Anonymousreply 311April 9, 2019 2:53 AM

Holy Schitt's Creek, here is the Playbill for their production of Cabaret

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312April 9, 2019 4:36 AM

[quote][R301] is Mutt, pissed that he gave up the show before it became popular.

I would be pissed too if my full name is Mutt Schitt.

Apropos, Mutt can now be seen on another CBC show, Diggstown.

by Anonymousreply 313April 9, 2019 5:00 AM

I wonder if they are planning to do another Christmas movie? Last year's was fabulous. Pretty please?!

by Anonymousreply 314April 9, 2019 8:59 AM

R309 good points. For me I love the show strictly for the females. I love Alexis. Then Stevie and Moira. Then Jocelyn. For the males it is the order I hate them the most. Roland the most. Then Patrick and David. Then Johnny. Of the males Ted is the only goid character.

by Anonymousreply 315April 9, 2019 10:45 AM

*good

by Anonymousreply 316April 9, 2019 10:56 AM

In the scene at the motel when Johnny is very winded and has to sit down, Stevie is folding programs in the background. You can see that the entire back page is Moira's old head shot.

Still enjoying the show but I understand R309's ennui. Last season was the high water mark.

by Anonymousreply 317April 9, 2019 11:20 AM

R311, try 100 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 318April 9, 2019 11:55 AM

Moira's bio is hilarious, r312.

by Anonymousreply 319April 9, 2019 6:07 PM

I know Cliff is kind of a non-entity of a character in Cabaret, but I wouldn't have cut his role entirely, MOIRA. (Yes, I know it's a fake Playbill, but he's the male romantic lead.)

by Anonymousreply 320April 9, 2019 10:11 PM

Wow, Emily's got quite a voice.

by Anonymousreply 321April 10, 2019 1:23 AM

Cliff has five songs listed in the program, so he's not cut out, but it is odd he's not in the cast list.

by Anonymousreply 322April 10, 2019 1:31 AM

Did they cut out Patrick and Emily's "Money" song? I wanted to see that.

by Anonymousreply 323April 10, 2019 1:45 AM

The money song is fourth from last in act one

by Anonymousreply 324April 10, 2019 1:49 AM

The only criticism I have is that they needed another scene between the David/Stevie scene and the next scene with Roland calling around to find the missing Stevie. The way it's presented doesn't give the idea that any time has passed.

by Anonymousreply 325April 10, 2019 2:12 AM

They performed two songs in the show - "Willkommen" and "Maybe This Time". No "The Money Song".

by Anonymousreply 326April 10, 2019 2:22 AM

Wow this episode flew by. It should have been an hour. Loved Patricks opening number, it makes me want to go see Cabaret.

by Anonymousreply 327April 10, 2019 2:26 AM

For a half hour comedy show on a shoestring budget, they really knocked Cabaret out of the park. Stevie's solo was amazing and what a pep talk Moira gave her. Poor Moira. No red carpet for The Crowening.

by Anonymousreply 328April 10, 2019 2:40 AM

Why am I worried that flighty Alexis will fall back on old habits and end up not going to the galapagos islands.

by Anonymousreply 329April 10, 2019 3:14 AM

I would love the actual cast of SC to do a limited run of actual Cabaret performances during the season break.

by Anonymousreply 330April 10, 2019 3:16 AM

I love that "horns" are all being played by one person in that program. lol

by Anonymousreply 331April 10, 2019 4:23 AM

Is that Playbill in R312 just fan-made or actually made by the TV show? I’m guessing fan made (hence no Cliff, although I believe he was listed on the cast board shown at one point on the show) but I’m not sure.

by Anonymousreply 332April 10, 2019 5:11 AM

R332- The real "Playbill" has some kind of template that people can use to create their own Playbills. Either Playbill did it or the show used their service.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333April 10, 2019 7:53 AM

Moira was the understudy for Annie while playing the role of Miss Hannigan. Such versatility!

by Anonymousreply 334April 10, 2019 8:54 AM

The latest ep was a bit flat.

by Anonymousreply 335April 10, 2019 11:11 AM

I had to LOL when Alexis rehearses her steps and then sees her dad being right in front of her.

Please tell me that there is another episode this season or are they really leaving us with Moira devastated in the closet? Being probably the nicest ever this season and giving out sage advice left and right and this is her reward? How very cruel.

by Anonymousreply 336April 10, 2019 5:11 PM

This was the last episode for the season so unfortunately we have to wait until next season to see if Moira can survive in the closet. Moira was almost too nice through the whole episode so you knew she was going to get crushed by something in the end.

by Anonymousreply 337April 10, 2019 5:43 PM

I thought the conversation between Stevie and Moira behind the stage would reveal that Stevie is so emotional, because she is pregnant (the hotel blogger being the father).

by Anonymousreply 338April 10, 2019 5:45 PM

R338-Stevie should end up being a surrogate for David and Patrick.

by Anonymousreply 339April 10, 2019 10:29 PM

I hope Patrick wears a thong as the MC.

by Anonymousreply 340April 11, 2019 12:27 AM

Loved Patrick and Stevie’s number. Steve being so emotional was very touching

I too think Alexis is gonna flake out on poor Ted. I mean, it’s only 6 months - why is such a big deal if she stays behind and works on her career. That just doesn’t make sense to me, why she had to go. 6 months go by in a Flash.

Is it just me, but is David’s preening a tad overdone? I hope next season he matures

Poor Moira! Hope she gets some director gigs

by Anonymousreply 341April 11, 2019 3:16 AM

Moira really is a good director from what we could see. She coaxed a great performance from Stevie.

by Anonymousreply 342April 11, 2019 3:41 AM

Patrick was sexy as the msee even though he didn't wear a thong. I really thought Stevie's part was really good. She even was crying. Moira I felt bad for when she fell over at the end and went into the closet.

by Anonymousreply 343April 11, 2019 1:15 PM

Love the shots of Ted holding the Playbill open in front of him the whole show.

by Anonymousreply 344April 11, 2019 1:20 PM

Had no idea Patrick was the voice of Franklin the turtle. All those years watching it with my nephew not knowing he would become my dream man.

by Anonymousreply 345April 11, 2019 1:52 PM

Was your nephew sitting on your lap r345? Was your nephew your dream man even then?

by Anonymousreply 346April 11, 2019 2:07 PM

This is a small thing, but I like it that they actually used the musical numbers in the right place in the musical. Wilkommen is the actual opening number, and Maybe This Time is actually halfway through the first act. And the song playing over the speakers when Moira and Stevie are talking backstage is Two Ladies, which takes place before Maybe This Time and is a number when Stevie’s character is offstage.

And all the numbers were staged in a way that would work for the actual stage production. Dan Levy must know and like Cabaret.

by Anonymousreply 347April 11, 2019 4:37 PM

Nice to know. Bet Dan knows if he got this wrong part of his audience would have hissy fits just like when doctors and nurses watch soapy medical dramas.

by Anonymousreply 348April 11, 2019 7:44 PM

I still don't understand why they showed Patrick and Stevie rehearse "Money" but never showed it in the actual play. If it was just a time element, it would have been nice to have more of the songs and have this season finale go for an hour. Especially since next season will be the last.

by Anonymousreply 349April 11, 2019 10:38 PM

Maybe because they already showed the meat of the number, it wasn't necessary to do it again in costume...

by Anonymousreply 350April 11, 2019 10:41 PM

The best thing about this season is Ted's blue t-shirt...well and the way he fills it out

by Anonymousreply 351April 11, 2019 11:47 PM

Hilarious sobs from Catherine O'Hara in the motel scene when David spills about his engagement

by Anonymousreply 352April 12, 2019 12:12 AM

They've posted a behind the scenes video of the Cabaret show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353April 12, 2019 4:49 AM

This one of Moira's best shows. Her meltdown at the end was fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 354April 12, 2019 5:03 AM

I would have thought Patrick's parents would have been there for his stage debut, but that would have obviously added one too many plot elements to an already crowded episode.

Loved the delighted expression on Ted's face the entire performance.

by Anonymousreply 355April 12, 2019 5:02 PM

I don't think Patrick's parents are really very supportive of his homosexuality. If they were they would have been at his opening night.

by Anonymousreply 356April 12, 2019 5:11 PM

R355 you do know these people are not real, right moron. The show is low budget. That is why his fictionalized parent's were not there. Good fucking grief.

by Anonymousreply 357April 12, 2019 5:42 PM

r355 is Patrick's parents.

by Anonymousreply 358April 12, 2019 5:45 PM

meant r357.

by Anonymousreply 359April 12, 2019 5:46 PM

wish they'd bring back Mutt Schitt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360April 12, 2019 5:49 PM

I had to laugh at the weird presentational way Ted was holding his program. OK, we get it, show, you did a promotional deal with Playbill. The show should also send William Ivey Long a loonie for borrowing the MC's suspenders/bow tie combination from the 1998 Broadway revival. Alas, low budget means no Kit Kat Klub Boys in Willkommen, even though they were listed in the program, er, "program."

Honestly, I enjoyed the episode and am sorry it's the last one for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 361April 12, 2019 5:51 PM

wish we could get Ted out of his pants

by Anonymousreply 362April 12, 2019 5:58 PM

r352 Those whimpering sobs were iconic.

by Anonymousreply 363April 12, 2019 6:05 PM

R362 there will always be the bunnycam...

by Anonymousreply 364April 15, 2019 3:21 AM

What I love about the show is that it's funny without being corny and it throws in some nice moments between characters- like Alexis and Moira having lunch, where both of them think the other one doesn't want to be there. That was a sweet conversation they had.

by Anonymousreply 365April 15, 2019 4:54 AM

I think Patrick's parents are amazing for how they accepted Patrick's homosexuality. They should be commended, not ridiculed.

by Anonymousreply 366April 15, 2019 5:08 PM

Anjelica Huston says Schitt's Creek is her favorite TV show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367April 15, 2019 5:36 PM

It is my favourite show.

by Anonymousreply 368April 15, 2019 9:11 PM

I have a hunch they'll jump ahead 6 months next season. Alexis will already be back and David and Patrick will already have moved in together, so forth.

by Anonymousreply 369April 16, 2019 2:17 AM

R366 you are an amazing fucking moron. Jesus christ.

by Anonymousreply 370April 16, 2019 5:02 AM

If all these celebrities like Kyle MacLachlan, Anjelica Huston and Mariah Carey are fans of the show, it would be great to see them turn up at David and Patrick's wedding. Moira could send them all invites and while everyone else figures the celebrities would just ignore it, they actually do show up.

by Anonymousreply 371April 16, 2019 5:24 AM

OMG have Tina Turner sing a downtempo version of Simply The Best at their ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 372April 17, 2019 6:49 AM

Am I misremembering that Ted was cast as Cliff?

by Anonymousreply 373April 17, 2019 8:50 AM

On the night of the performance, Ted was sitting in the audience. Cliff’s name is oddly missing from the cast list in the fake Playbill posted in R312.

by Anonymousreply 374April 17, 2019 9:59 AM

We are very, very proud of our son Patrick, despite his homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 375April 17, 2019 1:28 PM

Thanks R374, I saw Ted in the audience. I could have sworn that in an earlier episode he auditioned for Moira, and she was so impressed with his reading that she cast him as Cliff. Did that never occur?

by Anonymousreply 376April 17, 2019 7:25 PM

Never mind. I watched the earlier episode. Patrick auditions for Cliff, and he’s so good that Moira makes him the Emcee.

by Anonymousreply 377April 17, 2019 11:03 PM

I want Patrick in my bed now.

by Anonymousreply 378May 21, 2019 12:42 AM

Get a piece of wood, it will have the same range as Patrick.

by Anonymousreply 379May 21, 2019 4:28 AM

R378 I agree. I find him so sexy.

by Anonymousreply 380May 21, 2019 11:57 AM

Not sure if this was posted before, but Bonnie Tyler sang "The Best" first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381June 8, 2019 2:12 PM

I wish Netflix had the Christmas Special.

by Anonymousreply 382June 8, 2019 3:54 PM

Once season 5 comes to Netflix they should get it R382

by Anonymousreply 383June 8, 2019 5:33 PM

I saw the Schitt's Creek Up Close and Personal tour in Portland, OR, a couple of weeks ago, and Dan said Season 5 would drop on Netflix in October. An eternity, I know, but I'm guessing the late drop will precede the launch of the final season on cable.

I want to know who we have to fuck to get Netflix to show The Canadian Baking Show (Dan is one of the hosts).

by Anonymousreply 384June 9, 2019 8:02 PM

I'll fuck Noah Reid if it will help, r384.

by Anonymousreply 385June 9, 2019 8:38 PM

I just finished season 4 on Netflix and what a delightful, warm, funny show. It just seems to keep getting better, funnier, and more heartfelt. Who'd have ever thought these selfish, narcissistic characters would be so lovable. This is exactly what the world needs right now.

by Anonymousreply 386June 9, 2019 9:13 PM

R384, great news. The show usually debuts in January so that's less of wait time.

by Anonymousreply 387June 9, 2019 9:58 PM

I thought I was watching Moira on the Tonys last night...

by Anonymousreply 388June 10, 2019 10:20 PM

I’m glad they decided to end it after S6 rather than milk it until it’s all dried up, but I will miss it.

by Anonymousreply 389June 11, 2019 8:58 AM

I want a threesome between Ted, Patrick and first-season Mutt with his full beard.

by Anonymousreply 390June 13, 2019 3:09 PM

Throw in Jake, too

by Anonymousreply 391June 13, 2019 3:12 PM

Of course Dustin Milligan can grow out a full perfect-looking bushy beard.

That bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392June 18, 2019 1:55 PM

I'd like to watch all three of those guys take turns on David. I find Dan Levy incredibly hot.

by Anonymousreply 393June 18, 2019 7:58 PM

I'm sure Dan recorded them individually, R393, when they "auditioned"

by Anonymousreply 394June 19, 2019 10:22 AM

Ted must have grown a beard while on the Galapagos Islands

by Anonymousreply 395June 19, 2019 11:43 AM

I love the actor who plays Josselin. What do we know about her?

by Anonymousreply 396June 19, 2019 1:26 PM

Father and step-mom were actors as well. She was on a number of tv shows including a short-lived Fox News satire show, Degrassi and Hannah Montana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397June 20, 2019 10:09 AM

Christmas episode is on Netflix now.

by Anonymousreply 398June 22, 2019 3:35 AM

They finally showed up on the Emmy Awards radar. Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara and the show all got noms this morning.

by Anonymousreply 399July 17, 2019 12:02 AM

I was hoping Dan Levy would get a nod somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 400July 17, 2019 12:17 AM

The speech Moira gave to Stevie backstage at the show was warm and heartbreakingly wonderful. I watched it four times. It was beautifully written and delivered.

by Anonymousreply 401July 17, 2019 1:10 AM

[quote]I was hoping Dan Levy would get a nod somewhere.

As a producer of the show, he most likely did with the best comedy series nod. But from a performance perspective you're quite right. He has somehow managed to make David someone to love and root for over the last 5 years. Despite the fact David is a pretentious hothouse flower of a man, and a slowly recovering narcissist - I just crave a happy ever after ending for him.

On a different topic, it was great o see the show get a contemporary costume design nod as well. Whoever manages to keep Moira, David and Alexis trapped in that circa 2008 bad designer hell is quite brilliant - and per Dan on their Build Series interview, with almost no budget..

by Anonymousreply 402July 17, 2019 4:09 AM

Final-season premiere announced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403November 18, 2019 6:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!