Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Growing Fear In Toronto's Gay Village Of Serial Killer

It is SCARY the recent rash of missing gay men and murders in Toronto's Gay Village. Watch video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 19, 2018 7:43 AM

What's a "gay village of serial killer?"

by Anonymousreply 1December 9, 2017 12:15 PM

Doesn't seem like the cases are connected

by Anonymousreply 2December 9, 2017 12:41 PM

Isn't anyone terrified? I mean it is a Saturday night tonight

by Anonymousreply 3December 9, 2017 11:42 PM

Damn, that male reporter is making my no no hole twitch!

by Anonymousreply 4December 9, 2017 11:47 PM

It doesn't necessarily seem they are connected, though. The disappearance of the two middle aged bears could have been any number of things - mental health issues, a bad trick, who knows.

Sadly, trans people are killed often, and it could well be that the trans girl was killed by a john or by another addict.

The woman may have been the victim of a rape.

by Anonymousreply 5December 9, 2017 11:49 PM

I'm not sure what's more concerning, 4 killers or 1 serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 6December 9, 2017 11:52 PM

More details

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 10, 2017 12:14 AM

more

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 10, 2017 12:14 AM

From earlier this year, focusing on the missing men.

(just wanted to give a few more sources, so everyone has more info about the story overall).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 10, 2017 12:15 AM

Another woman has just gone missing last seen in the gay village.

What is going on?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 12, 2017 2:12 AM

Oh, you did NOT say "no no hole," r4. Did you have a "stranger danger" childhood?

by Anonymousreply 11December 12, 2017 2:18 AM

R10 poor woman but can definitely tell she was a lady of the night

by Anonymousreply 12December 12, 2017 3:04 AM

pig farmer

by Anonymousreply 13December 12, 2017 3:07 AM

R13 Downtown Toronto doesn't have any farms

by Anonymousreply 14December 12, 2017 3:12 AM

You mean Hogtown

by Anonymousreply 15December 12, 2017 3:17 AM

r14 Neither did Vancouver.

Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 16December 12, 2017 3:26 AM

The trans woman was probably killed by her boyfriend. Another MTF who works as a community worker/activist was interviewed saying they had a "rocky" relationship; she said she'd known the victim for years.

Sidenote: this woman was the only "activist" I've seen up here who wasn't completely belligerent and unhinged. She was concerned about the police response but didn't accuse them of murder or call them pigs, and actually had practical suggestions re: safety. I hope the TPS talked to her off camera and didn't circle the wagons as usual.

by Anonymousreply 17December 12, 2017 3:38 AM

I think the recent death of the young woman in the village and the transwoman's death were likely unrelated, however, the disappearances of the men listed in R9 are too similar not to be connected. They all disappeared on holiday weekends, the all were roughly the same age, all had similar builds, facial hair and with the exception of Andrew Kinsman, were of the same racial background.

The largest clue which police were largely dismissive of was one of the men's cars was found parked outside of Moorevale Ravine Park a known cruising spot and police failed to search the park but rather just canvassed the neighbourhood. My guess is this victim went into the park and never came out.

by Anonymousreply 18December 17, 2017 9:38 PM

Would everyone please stop calling an urban quarter or neighborhood a "village". Worse, "gay village"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 17, 2017 10:32 PM

They were middle aged bottoms, OP. It was probably suicide.

by Anonymousreply 20December 17, 2017 10:42 PM

The serial killer is only targeting men with foreskins.

by Anonymousreply 21December 18, 2017 1:40 AM

Soon, I'll be the only gay in the village!

by Anonymousreply 22December 18, 2017 2:20 AM

r18 Or he got into another vehicle.

I thought friends of the men and/or community workers did a walk through of that area at some point as well, but my memory is foggy on that.

by Anonymousreply 23December 18, 2017 4:53 AM

R23 The car found by police belonged to Abdulbasir Faiz who was the second of the men to go missing. His car was found outside of the park as R18 described. The car was parked by the entrance to the Belt Line at the Moore Ravine entrance directly across from Mt. Pleasant Cemetery (another known cruising spot). The night he disappeared, he had gone to a local bathhouse and that was the last time anyone saw him.

Faiz was closeted with a wife and daughters who were unaware of his double life. After new of his disappearance came out, his family distanced themselves from it and no formal search of the area was ever conducted. As morbid as this is, the Moorevale Ravine would be an ideal area to dispose of a body as there are a number of creeks, ponds and hilly forest areas that would make it difficult to find any remains unless they were being searched for. Police have stated they never actually searched the park only the surrounding neighbourhood. The only active searches for any of these missing men has been for Andrew Kinsman who disappeared this past Pride weekend. His family and friends have searched part of the ravines closer to downtown but I don't believe they have gotten up to the Moorevale area as yet.

Toronto Police are doing a dismal job with these disappearances. It has been left to family and friends to do much of the searching and trying to piece things together. The murder of Tess Richey highlights this. Its was Tess' mother who found her daughter's body just steps from where she was reported missing. Police never conducted a search! Alloura Wells a transwoman who was reported missing in July, her body was found in August but it wasn't until November that police actually bothered to verify the body was Wells.

by Anonymousreply 24December 18, 2017 2:35 PM

Meanwhile Gay Bear Couple Christmas Display VANDALIZED in Toronto

Do you think it was the same person who is the serial killer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 18, 2017 2:37 PM

R25 I'm assuming your joking but it's just a bunch of stupid teens who have been doing this around the city.

I agree with R18 that the killer is from out of town since the disappearances all occurred on holiday weekends. Also I remember reading that when Andrew Kinsmen was last seen by a friend, he mentioned something about meeting a friend from out of town?

by Anonymousreply 26December 18, 2017 2:49 PM

it wasn't me! i'm still in jail.

by Anonymousreply 27December 18, 2017 3:09 PM

This article is a really good breakdown of these cases. According to the article: "While the Toronto Police Service has set their sights on the village, and the Black Eagle, as the hub of the case, the Beltline Trail represents an avenue of investigation that appears to have been largely ignored by the investigators."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 18, 2017 4:24 PM

Has anyone heard from Stefonknee Wolschst?

by Anonymousreply 29December 18, 2017 5:07 PM

God. It's almost like the movie Cruising in real life.

by Anonymousreply 30December 18, 2017 8:14 PM

[quote]His family and friends have searched part of the ravines closer to downtown but I don't believe they have gotten up to the Moorevale area as yet.

Thanks for your post r24. I think this is where I got confused.

by Anonymousreply 31December 18, 2017 10:09 PM

Scary to think there's a serial killer oot and aboot, eh?

by Anonymousreply 32December 18, 2017 10:16 PM

R24 Yup, the stretch of the beltline from Moore down towards the Brick Works is very secluded and a number of places off the main trail that would be very easy to hide evidence. I've gone for walks down there and even in the peak of summer and it's never busy. I think it's one of the lesser used parts of the beltline trail as the entrance is a bit more out of the way. While I don't think it's impossible that a body or bodies could have been left there, 7 years is a long time for no one to have accidentally come across something.

by Anonymousreply 33December 18, 2017 10:50 PM

The Toronto Police have been useless with these cases and keep releasing contradicting information.With Kinsman, earlier this month the Police urged the LGBTQ community to exercise caution on dating apps implying that this was somehow connected to his disappearance. Two days later the Police Chief than says in a press briefing no dating apps didn't play a role and they don't suspect foul play but couldn't rule it out. I don't have much faith in them given that Tess Richey was found by her mother steps away from where she was reported missing and even they didn't think she had been murdered despite bruising on her neck. It is possible that these guys decided to off themselves but usually when someone kills themselves the body will turn up within a matter of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 34December 19, 2017 2:54 PM

On a side note, the ravine system in Toronto is one of the hidden gems of the city. When I was growing up in the late 80s and 90s, my family lived near the Rosedale Ravine. Back in that period, the ravines were less maintained and more sketchy than today. When I was in high school, my friends and I would often cut classes in the afternoon and go into the Rosedale Ravine to smoke pot and drink. There was a whole world down there, homeless people, sex workers, trans people all living in tents or under one of the bridges. I remember paths being littered with used condoms, empty syringes and lot of garbage strewn about.

The city has done a good job at cleaning the ravines up over the last decade or so,but the Moore St. stretch talked about in this thread is actually still the least maintained and has very low traffic IMO. Around the time of the first disappearances, the city had closed off a number of trails in the area due to the formation of several sink holes and overgrowth that was making these trails hazardous. R33 I think it possible for someone who knows the area well would be able to find a location that would be undisturbed for years on end.

by Anonymousreply 35December 20, 2017 3:43 PM

Breaking News: Toronto Police have made an arrest in connection with Andrew Kinsman and Selim Esen disappearances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 18, 2018 5:27 PM

Allegedly this is the guy arrested

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 18, 2018 7:16 PM

The Chief's presser was a fucking insult to everyone in the community, and it proved everybody right when they said what useless cunts the TPS were.

He had the fucking balls to laud 'the community's help' in solving the case, when there was actually no co-operation AT ALL from the police. They had to be constantly pushed and harassed about these cases. Now, they're saying they are all related, and that charges may be pending in 'other cases".

In other words, there *was* a serial killer and if they'd have taken the GLBT community seriously from the beginning, those last two men would still be alive. I'm glad he's arrested, but it should never have happened.

by Anonymousreply 38January 19, 2018 3:55 AM

His facebook profile's down now, but while it was still something was crystal clear for everyone to see: Bruce Mcarthur was friends with Skandaraj Navaratnam, missing since 2010 and one of the Project Houston missing men. They were connected all along, it's now public knowledge they were connected all along, and the police are still dragging their heels.

Many in the community are ENRAGED.

by Anonymousreply 39January 19, 2018 4:50 AM

So the alleged killer another gay guy?

by Anonymousreply 40January 19, 2018 5:22 AM

yes R40

by Anonymousreply 41January 19, 2018 7:20 AM

That jolly fellow? Why, he couldn't hurt a fly.

by Anonymousreply 42January 19, 2018 7:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!