Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Renee Zellweger denies having sex with Harvey Weinstein in exchange for film roles

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327December 30, 2018 10:44 PM

Renée, Renée! We know your name!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2017 11:21 PM

I always wondered about her. Never got her appeal.

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2017 11:22 PM

cough...bullshit...cough

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2017 11:23 PM

Something tells me Uncle Fester told a lot of other stars that he slept with a lot of other stars to try and get a lot of other stars to sleep with him.

#SilkwoodShower

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2017 11:24 PM

This may come as a shock but there are probably a handful of women who just fucked him, no big trauma. Sound like she is saying she never fucked him but maybe she did. There are so many women eager to tell what a scum bag he is, we can be sure he's a slime ball and maybe a criminal. This doesn't mean every single woman who ever fucked him must say he raped and assaulted them.

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2017 11:24 PM

Neither Renée nor Charlize were huge stars in 2000. They were up-and-comers, but nowhere near household names. If he'd wanted to brag, he could have dropped much bigger names.

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2017 11:29 PM

of course she fucked him. fucking liar.

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2017 11:30 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2017 11:32 PM

She didn't but I sure did ! I placed my pretty young mouth everywhere and I do mean everywhere he asked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2017 11:34 PM

We only hear from those who resisted. There must be many more who gave it up.

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2017 11:41 PM

Exactly R10 He's a very calculating, manipulative man. He must have insurance policies involving some of the more willing stars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2017 11:45 PM

I always wondered how Zellweger got a film career and why from 2000-2004, she seemed to have the choice of roles in Hollywood. Now I know.

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2017 11:49 PM

So maybe she blew him and is using a Clinton defense.

If I was an actor or actress looking for my big break, I would 100% fuck anyone who could make it happen. If someone else who actually did it would just admit it I would be their biggest fan.

by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2017 11:51 PM

Please, she did anal for all of those movies. No lube either.

by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2017 12:00 AM

Yep! I think she’s very talented - but she wasn’t conventionally good looking - yet seemed to be in everything for a few years there. Hard to understand how that came about - without connections...

Ditto the Paltrow. She’s better looking - but still not model beautiful (it takes a lot of makeup and lighting and digital manipulation to make her look really great) - and she was a lot less talented - but also kept getting gigs in everything.

They’re not the only ones I’m sure.

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2017 12:00 AM

Paltrow's godfather was Spielberg, her father was a director and her mother a famous actress. All that got Gwynnie in.

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2017 12:03 AM

That was not very gentlemanly of him, naming names.

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2017 12:06 AM

R16 - don’t care. Her dad directed mainly theatre. Her mother wasn’t that big a deal. And her godfather might have got her a couple of good roles as a favor. But that girl kept getting movie after movie. Not his films. There was a much more lucrative connection than that - and his name was Harvey.

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2017 12:06 AM

What if you fuck him and nothing happens?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2017 12:07 AM

R16 Blythe Danner was not exactly a famous actress. A B- List actress at best and even that is being generous.

by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2017 12:08 AM

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2017 12:10 AM

yeah right bridget jones and chicago? madonna wanted chicago. make her take a lie detector!

by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2017 12:12 AM

r22. oh god, Madonna in Chicago, thanks that didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2017 12:16 AM

I've read that that predators ususually have pretty good radar as to who to attack so they don't get caught.

Renee always seemed so vulnerable and neurotic. I could picture Weinstein leaving her alone out of fear that she'd be the type to run screaming into the hotel lobby or call Oprah or something.

by Anonymousreply 24December 8, 2017 12:24 AM

r24, nah, Renee did it to help her career, she was no victim.

by Anonymousreply 25December 8, 2017 12:26 AM

r18, she was first cast by her father in a movie, was in Spielberg's Hook, then Flesh and Bone, then the huge hit Se7en. All that before she had anything to do with Weinstein. At that point she hardly had to fuck Fatso for a career.

by Anonymousreply 26December 8, 2017 12:28 AM

I don’t believe Renee because she has seem traumatized and out of it for years. She exchanged sex for favors like many of Harvey’s young protégés

by Anonymousreply 27December 8, 2017 12:29 AM

Renee actually had a slow and steady rise in showbiz. Small roles in Texas then some independent films then a lead in an independent film with Vincent D'Onifrio that got her an Independent Spirit Nominination (which she had trouble getting to attend because she was still tending bar at the time.)

That acclaim got her into the auditions for Jerry McGuire and then the success of that film led to other stuff. Nurse Betty and such. Bridget Jones' she got on the basis of a very good audition where she was quite funny and beat out a lot of more serious British actresses (Kate Winslet etc.)

Chicago she supposedly got from approaching Rob Marshall and working hard with him on her dancing and then he became her champion for the role.

by Anonymousreply 28December 8, 2017 12:29 AM

Unfortunately I believe Harvey had sex with Renee, Charlize, Gwyneth, Angelina and Jennifer

by Anonymousreply 29December 8, 2017 12:38 AM

Unfortunately, I believe Harvey on this one. Chicago had been kicking around for years, but somebody greenlighted it and Renee, who had no background in musicals, ended up with the lead. In Cold Mountain, she got a part of someone who's clearly mixed race in the book and snagged an Oscar as well. She broke out on Jerry McGuire, but she wasn't in Oscar-bait movies 'til Miramax. Bridget Jones was a very sought-after role--she did it well, but was her audition really that much better than Kate Winslet--who can be quite funny (Spotless Mind)?

It's been talked about before how Charlize Theron got passed around--beautiful young woman with no connections. I first noticed her in 2 Days in the Valley, but it took her several years to break out. She hasn't denied it, either, just said her experience wasn't the same as the others with Weinstein. Doesn't mean the casting couch didn't happen.

Both women are now fairly fucked up. Zellwegger sounds drugged out, while Theron's just a bitch--she sounds like she's a tougher cookie than Zellwegger, though.

by Anonymousreply 30December 8, 2017 12:41 AM

R18 it dosent matter if her parents weren't a big deal compared to other people in the industry. They were still very well connected. And friends with all the right people in Hollywood. It's always about who you know in showbiz. That's what gets you in the door.

by Anonymousreply 31December 8, 2017 12:49 AM

r29, I don't believe Angelina slept with him, she does not seem the type that Harvey would chase after, she wore viles of blood. Bitch was kinda scary to fuck with when coming up.

by Anonymousreply 32December 8, 2017 12:51 AM

R32 OMG of course she slept with him-she's a narcissist, and yea he pursued her because he's a preditor. It's about power.

by Anonymousreply 33December 8, 2017 12:55 AM

r33, what Miramax films or Weinstein Bros films was she in?

You will see a lack of them.

by Anonymousreply 34December 8, 2017 1:02 AM

Jolie said he tried during Playing by the Heart and then not another film did she make associated with him.

by Anonymousreply 35December 8, 2017 1:06 AM

This story doesn't so much have legs as it does tentacles. Actresses are now being divided along the following lines:

DIDN'T FUCK HARVEY RESISTED HARVEY WAS SEXUALLY HARASSED BY HARVEY BUT DIDN'T FUCK HIM BLEW HARVEY WAS RAPED BY HARVEY WILLINGLY FUCKED HARVEY

It's the last category poor Renee finds herself in and it's at the bottom of an inglorious totem.

REMINDER; MERYL KNEW NOTHING

by Anonymousreply 36December 8, 2017 1:06 AM

Women are different than gay men. Not a single one of all those varied categories of women has said if he has a hot dick, big dick, small dick. Did I miss that sordid detail?

by Anonymousreply 37December 8, 2017 1:12 AM

I don’t believe Angelina slept with him. You can’t even find a photograph of the two of them standing next to eachother as you can RZ or Goop. From listening to an interview with the NYT reporters whatever happened it’s been known in certain circles that something happened and they got her to add her name once Ashley Judd signed on.

by Anonymousreply 38December 8, 2017 1:14 AM

Please. Harvey is not more credible than Renee.

Before her first Weinstein film, Renee had done Dazed and Confused and The Whole Wide World. She had a lot of buzz around her. Her first Weinstein film was a small budget indie, which she did around the same time she worked with Meryl on One True Thing and was getting tons of bigger scripts. I'm not buying that she fucked Harvey for anything just on Harvey's say so.

by Anonymousreply 39December 8, 2017 1:18 AM

Angelina might not have slept with him, but she's not being honest about refusing to work with him. She auditioned for Chicago and was in talks for Silver Linings Playbook. She's just pulling her self-righteous bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 40December 8, 2017 1:19 AM

Gwyneth was really pretty in A Perfect Murder even with ugly makeup and Brad Pitt hair. I hate her now, but she wasn't ugly. A lot of times she didn't wear eye makeup (she didn't need it) and she didn't get her big nose fixed. With so many unattractive actresses then and now, it's weird to act like she was an anomaly. Her face came the closest of almost any actress to looking like a subpar Grace Kelly. Doesn't that mean anything!?! I agree though that she probably fucked Harvey.

Here she is (during her brief foray into having eyebrows) with Brad Pitt's sunglasses:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 8, 2017 1:25 AM

Harvey "completed me."

by Anonymousreply 42December 8, 2017 1:30 AM

Another thing: Bridget Jones' Diary was distributed by Miramax in the US, but it was not a Weinstein production. It was not a pet project of Harvey's like Chicago was, and Miramax bought in after Renee was cast. Miramax did that with a number of UK film productions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 8, 2017 1:42 AM

Has any actor or actress ever admitted to sleeping with someone to get a role or simply get opportunities to audition?

by Anonymousreply 44December 8, 2017 2:09 AM

Oh, the stories Alicia Vikander's pussy could tell!

by Anonymousreply 45December 8, 2017 3:06 AM

R37 Well, the latest NYT article does say that assistants were made to deliver erectile disfunction injections to him whenever he was going to have a meeting with a woman at some hotel. So, whatever the size, he needs help getting it up. I’m sure he’s thrilled about that detail getting out there.

by Anonymousreply 46December 8, 2017 3:22 AM

There was a story circulating around DL about how she was cast as an extra in "Dazed and Confused" (1993) with Matty. (They were both Texan teens at the time.) According to DL at the time, she was very, very appreciative of Matty's and his friends' assistance for being cast, even though her role in the film was 'non-credited.'

by Anonymousreply 47December 8, 2017 3:34 AM

Renee and Matthew were not teens 24 years ago. I thought her silence on the Weinstein matter was classy. Like ScarJo and Zeta Jones she chose not to lie or comment. So many other actresses played the nobility game. Most didn't sleep with Fatso. But the denial runs deep with a few.

Meryl was the most ridiculous of all and he didn't even try to fuck her. I dig Zellweger but she's a fragile mess of disorders and bad habits.

by Anonymousreply 48December 8, 2017 3:57 AM

It was just one hand-job.

by Anonymousreply 49December 8, 2017 4:01 AM

Weinstein is a psychopath, violent and emotionally unstable, I don’t believe a word he says.

by Anonymousreply 50December 8, 2017 4:08 AM

To be fair, it's possible that she just couldn't see who she was fucking.

by Anonymousreply 51December 8, 2017 4:09 AM

That's showbiz.... Kid!

by Anonymousreply 52December 8, 2017 4:15 AM

" . . . if HW said that, then he is full of Sh*t!"

. . . and Renee was also 'clueless' about Kenny.

by Anonymousreply 53December 8, 2017 4:21 AM

GOOP was MIRAMAX It girl, she was in all the movies. Knowing Harvey as we know him now, if she said NO, she would have been in not a lot for sure.

by Anonymousreply 54December 8, 2017 4:50 AM

Meryl won an Oscar and may win another, so I don’t know how ridiculous that is. You are just irrationally angry at her for not knowing he assaulted women, which many people did not know.

Renee is a bit of a nut job but has seemed much better in recent years

by Anonymousreply 55December 8, 2017 4:57 AM

r55 Yes the casting couch in Hollywood is such a secret.

by Anonymousreply 56December 8, 2017 4:59 AM

I actually believe she did, her having the lead roles in all those movies at the time was inexplicable

by Anonymousreply 57December 8, 2017 5:03 AM

If I could be rich and famous I would probably give old Harv hand job (no blowing or sex though)

by Anonymousreply 58December 8, 2017 5:05 AM

I also think people can do sexual acts and then later realize it was coerced or they had to put aside their pride. Lots of shame involved, secrets and denial.

by Anonymousreply 59December 8, 2017 5:07 AM

Of course Squinty Eyes willingly fucked Weinstein for roles! And I am positive she is not alone on his casting couch. With all of Harvey's unbelievably sleazy failed attempts and sexual assault (born from anger, not lust dearies) claims coming to light, it begs the question: Why would he go after these women so aggressively if he DIDN'T have previous success with willing sluts like Renee and Charlize? Of course, he became aggressive when women refused: "Goddamit, Charlize let me ass fuck her twice, why won't you put out cunt"? Why do some of you persist in thinking Hollywood is all about talent. For the most part, it is about who you know and who you fuck, always has been.

by Anonymousreply 60December 8, 2017 5:10 AM

Like somebody said above, the whole Kenny Chesney debacle shows she was known to do foolish things

by Anonymousreply 61December 8, 2017 5:11 AM

Is Uma still rehearsing for her big reveal moment?

by Anonymousreply 62December 8, 2017 5:12 AM

Hollywood is one fucked up place.

by Anonymousreply 63December 8, 2017 5:19 AM

No more than any other business, including the church

by Anonymousreply 64December 8, 2017 5:22 AM

Yeah, I remember seeing her appear out of nowhere in Jerry Maguire. I remember thinking at the time, "How the hell did this ordinary-looking nobody that I never heard of land the female lead opposite Tom Cruise?"

Now we know.

by Anonymousreply 65December 8, 2017 5:22 AM

She never got over Jack White.

by Anonymousreply 66December 8, 2017 5:23 AM

Uma has been buddies with Tarantino, I don't get how people are lifting her up as she is as fake as the rest

by Anonymousreply 67December 8, 2017 5:23 AM

And Harvey, etc. get them the Oscars too. He only recently was booted out of the American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences - this is the elite Hollywood group of insiders who make the Oscar nominations and final votes and is made up of largely white industry males many of whom are filmmakers themselves. Very few are black or female. So hmmmmm....let's look closely at the last 2 or so decades of young Oscar winners and do the math.

by Anonymousreply 68December 8, 2017 5:28 AM

No sex "for roles".

by Anonymousreply 69December 8, 2017 5:29 AM

R64 Wake up Frau. Ever been a Hollywood star?

by Anonymousreply 70December 8, 2017 5:31 AM

Ahh. . . The Oscars. when our lovely, perpetual ingénue, Cathy, had won her Oscar for "Chicago' toward the fruition of her first pregnancy.

Upon realizing it was her name that was called for the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress that year, both Cathy and Renee had jumped up, Cathy in her excitement to win the award, and Renee to celebrate Cathy's award by opening her arms for a congratulatory hug. (Renee had won the same award the year before for "Cold Mountain.")

Well, Renee's celebratory hug was not to be, alas. Our Royal Cathy immediately grabbed Renee's hands, pushing her away to prevent it.

Cathy knew.

by Anonymousreply 71December 8, 2017 5:32 AM

I think it's pretty obvious that he fucked most women in the films he produced (otherwise he probably wouldn't have produced their films) & I heard that he was completely obsessed with Michelle Williams and Marion Cotillard and forcibly had sex with one or both. I also think it's pretty obvious that Michelle would bring Busy to her film premieres as a kind of 'protector' against Harvey's incessant advances

by Anonymousreply 72December 8, 2017 5:32 AM

Jack White dumped her because she fucked Weinstein to get the part in Cold Mountain which he also appeared in. He found out several months after filming and will never date another actress again.

Fact.

by Anonymousreply 73December 8, 2017 5:34 AM

I definitely think Renee gave him sexual favors, sadly. Is there any doubt that Renee was molested as a child and is desperately insecure, sad and desperate to please as a result? She even has that typical molestation babyvoice, is vulnerable and easy to manipulate.

by Anonymousreply 74December 8, 2017 5:35 AM

Hollywood hasn't gotten any of my money since 2005. And I'm proud of that. The whole fucking industry needs a major reset. there's to many things wrong with it. The same with Washington DC. Both industries are filled with nothing but sleazyness.

by Anonymousreply 75December 8, 2017 5:35 AM

Spot on r74.

by Anonymousreply 76December 8, 2017 5:36 AM

Wow, R73.

I never heard that one. But, I always thought she never got over Jack White - and even though she did have success after their relationship, I thought she kind of cracked up a little or something after their breakup.

by Anonymousreply 77December 8, 2017 5:43 AM

The there was her 'relationship' with Jim Carrey -

by Anonymousreply 78December 8, 2017 5:53 AM

I actually think she is a good actress, and whilst not 'drop dead gorgeous', the roles that have made her a household name (Jerry Maguire and Bridget Jones), only need a cute-ish almost 'girl next door' type. So I don't think she need to do The Whale to get ahead.

by Anonymousreply 79December 8, 2017 6:03 AM

Jim Carrey? There's desperation if ever there was.

by Anonymousreply 80December 8, 2017 6:06 AM

Here's for the upthread guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81December 8, 2017 6:58 AM

Renee is a witchy looking gal

by Anonymousreply 82December 8, 2017 7:08 AM

R39, Have you actually seen Dazed and Confused? Renee has a non-part and is completely unmemorable in it. The actor who jumps out in that one is McBongo.

by Anonymousreply 83December 8, 2017 8:03 AM

r47, Matthew McBongo had a tiny role in "Dazed and Confused," so i doubt she was sucking up to (or sucking off) someone who had much pull.

It turned out to be the part that got him noticed, but only AFTER the film came out--when they filmed it he was a nobody.

by Anonymousreply 84December 8, 2017 8:10 AM

“Helps the semen go down!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85December 8, 2017 9:47 AM

Oops, I meant to say Jerry McGuire, not Dazed and Confused in R39. That's a weird mix-up.

by Anonymousreply 86December 8, 2017 1:28 PM

Why would he sleep with her in legal papers?

by Anonymousreply 87December 8, 2017 1:39 PM

Funny that consenting adults having sex whether it was for a role or advancement can now being considered coercion and abuse of power.

It brings serious sexual abuse to the level of a joke. Nothing wrong with using sex for bartering purposes if you're an adult. You can say yes or no.

Rape, groping, verbal harassment and exposing yourself is a completely different thing.

I have no respect for consumer remorse. Too bad. Caveat Emptor.

If you get into the performing arts and are shocked and upset by the casting couch you have chosen your vocation very poorly.

by Anonymousreply 88December 8, 2017 3:31 PM

[R88] Agreed. The problem is that you're dealing with a subset of people whose lives and careers are built on pretense. Very few of them are mature, sober or honest enough to acknowledge the world they've chosen to live in. Thus all of the ridiculous virtue-signaling, pretend shock and cloaking themselves in an array of "worthy" causes to deflect attention from who they really are, which in most cases is rather pitiful.

I'm embarrassed for Renee Z. She's paying an unexpected tax on the fame she whored herself out for and it's beginning to seem not worth it. Fortunes rise and fall but you can't get your dignity back.

by Anonymousreply 89December 8, 2017 4:23 PM

You can't un-fuck Harvey.

by Anonymousreply 90December 8, 2017 4:24 PM

And this is what the "Sure, Jan" meme was invented for.

by Anonymousreply 91December 8, 2017 4:30 PM

"My main goal," says Renee Zellweger, curled up in an oversized club chair in a private VIP room off the lobby of Santa Monica's Hotel Casa del Mar, "is to avoid any negativity that might enter my consciousness. If I'm not aware of it, then it's not real. It doesn't exist."

by Anonymousreply 92December 8, 2017 4:31 PM

[R92] Did she really say that?!

by Anonymousreply 93December 8, 2017 4:43 PM

RZ's quote in R92's post: she is definitely calling therapy sessions for some type of abuse.

by Anonymousreply 94December 8, 2017 4:49 PM

Yes, she did, R93. In 2016.

by Anonymousreply 95December 8, 2017 5:02 PM

So what. I imagine a lot of the women went through with some sort of sexual relationship with Harvey and benefited from it. As long as it was consensual I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 96December 8, 2017 5:06 PM

[R93] Unbelievable. Her statement is the definition of solipsism.

by Anonymousreply 97December 8, 2017 5:28 PM

I agree with other posters about Hollywood stars mostly being very damaged sad cases. You only have to look through the decades of stars to see how many were fucked up emotionally/mentally. No wonder those golden age stars always loved the days of 'mystique ' it's because most of them led sleazy and messed up lives. They were/ are creatures who live in a fantasy world insulated from their own reality.

by Anonymousreply 98December 8, 2017 6:14 PM

Cold Mountain was shot in 2002 and released in December 2003. White and Zellweger dated until late 2004.

by Anonymousreply 99December 8, 2017 7:47 PM

Of course she’ll deny . No one wants to admit that they spread for that sweaty beast for a career but so many did . Look at Blake Lively . Hasn’t she remained quiet ? She wasn’t very attractive if you look at before photos . Had a whole face and body makeover paid by Harvey I heard . Some are complaining that we’re totally complicit and knew the game like JLaw. Wasn’t she on my Super Sweet sixteen or whatever on MTV ? Ha

by Anonymousreply 100December 8, 2017 8:19 PM

I deny having sex with Renee Zellweger.

by Anonymousreply 101December 10, 2017 3:30 AM

I'm with R30

by Anonymousreply 102December 10, 2017 3:39 AM

Weinstein and Zellweger.

Somehow those two things go together.

W into Z.

by Anonymousreply 103December 10, 2017 3:44 AM

"Chicago" and "Bridget Jones Diary" were major roles at the time, and the only other actress with questionable talent to come out of nowhere and all of a sudden cast in the biggest movies of the year is Jennifer Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 104December 10, 2017 4:28 AM

J. Law didn't come out of nowhere, though--she snagged an Oscar nom. with Winter's Bone--her casting as Katniss followed that--the Winter's Bone character was a tough girl from Applachia, which is basically what the Katniss character is.

I'm more inclined to think J.Law hooked up with David O' Russell--because he did cast her in roles for which other actresses were better suited.

by Anonymousreply 105December 10, 2017 4:36 AM

R99 why waste time with facts when there's a talented actress to be slut shamed?!

by Anonymousreply 106December 10, 2017 4:38 AM

I see London I see France, I see Renee's underpants

by Anonymousreply 107December 10, 2017 4:40 AM

People say dumb things all the time R104. You just had a moment. To say that Zellweger is a questionable talent is ridiculous. I don't think there is anyone as versatile and interesting as her in film now. Anne Hathaway maybe, also hated on DL but also very talented. Renee is a very good comedienne and comic actress. Quite good at the absurd and a great scratchy line reader of horror. (eating disorder) She actually CAN sing a bit but more important she sings authentically. Not a beauty but a capable charmer and every bit capable of the cinderella moment she needed in Jerry Maguire. That she wasn't quite at Tom Cruise's pay grade was part of the plot. Bonnie Hunt as her sister says you're having your Audrey Hepburn moment, and yes she did. Did you see Cold Mountain? She won the Oscar Butterfly McQueen was denied! I love Renee. Watch One True Thing and see how great and subtle and real she is. Seriously. She's better than Streep and as good as William Hurt.

Kathy Griffin called her a sweaty puffy coke whore, allegedly. She had eating disorders, plantar fasciitis, some eyelid surgery, problems with men, fame and a very curious personality. She probably had sex with Harvey Weinstein BUT still doesn't deserve to be compared to Jennifer Lawrence R104. Renee Zellweger is a real actress, not just a piece of talent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 10, 2017 4:56 AM

R108. Is this a conversation in your head?

by Anonymousreply 109December 10, 2017 5:07 AM

That's just my style man. Who else am I having a conversation with? My boyfriend always says to me...."end of brilliant lecture." He loves me of course and finds my ideas and arguments invigorating. We can't always agree - in fact sometimes I think he believes I am wrong or inflexible. But my hot body and huge inflexible dick convince him that I am right about Renee Z. I can't heal everyone R109.

by Anonymousreply 110December 10, 2017 5:15 AM

R108 I agree. She is actually quite talented. Very decent actress and capable singer. I wonder whether her not being a traditional leading lady ruined her strengths. She turned to surgery when she had a unique asset.

by Anonymousreply 111December 10, 2017 5:17 AM

R110. insufferable

by Anonymousreply 112December 10, 2017 5:24 AM

I'm sorry dear, R111, no one is unique.

David O. Selznick told his brother Myron to take the train to New York City and come back with two 'Ingrid Bergmans' and three 'Lana Turners'.

Daryl F Zanuck sent his agent to France to buy two 'Brigitte Bardots' and two 'Gina Lollobrigidas'.

by Anonymousreply 113December 10, 2017 5:24 AM

The amazing, unforgettable roles Renee Zellweger has had since 2003 are...

by Anonymousreply 114December 10, 2017 5:31 AM

Insufferable to whom? I'm a babe gramps. Just because you're impotent doesn't mean I have to listen to your Judy Garland and Joan Crawford R112. This is fun. I don't read? Movie magazines from the 1950s, true.

by Anonymousreply 115December 10, 2017 5:32 AM

R115. omg. STFU

by Anonymousreply 116December 10, 2017 5:35 AM

[quote] She is actually quite talented. Very decent actress and capable singer.

So were dozens of other actresses. Harvey Weinstein never picked someone based solely on their talent. They had to do something for him before he would do anything for them. He's a predator

by Anonymousreply 117December 10, 2017 5:40 AM

A little late in life for you to be using colloquial anagrams don't you think pops? I bet you stamp your orthopedic feet when others do it. Relax your sole. I ain't got much more to say about Renee Zellweger. I don't direction from your regardless. My friend told me that some racist old movie queen comes out her on the weekend to make trouble. Maybe that's you. Won't get you far with me. I don't tell men to shut the fuck up, I don't have to. I DO recommend you stop the slut shaming of RZ though. She is not deserving of your dry sac disapproval.

by Anonymousreply 118December 10, 2017 5:42 AM

She never sings Ive. Anyone would sound good in a hundred-million-dollar film.

by Anonymousreply 119December 10, 2017 5:44 AM

I do love her in this clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120December 10, 2017 5:54 AM

It's becoming obvious that women have to sleep with people in power to make it in Hollywood. It's completely disgusting to shame the ones who made it. I hope the folks on here have been doing it sarcastically, or ironically, or, well, anything other than seriously.

The problem is that a system exists that is so corrupt that you have to prostitute yourself to have a chance.

Let's keep our eyes on the real problem here, please!

by Anonymousreply 121December 10, 2017 5:56 AM

Women are never to be shamed for anything. Always men. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 122December 10, 2017 6:02 AM

I like Renee. Wish she were in more things . I don’t think she looks any less like her old self than Nicole Kidman, who is in everything . Is it true she is just a recluse? Perhaps the Hollywood machine or Weinstein really did a number on her . She was there ...... and then gone ( except for BJD )

by Anonymousreply 123December 10, 2017 6:06 AM

Sure jan!

by Anonymousreply 124December 10, 2017 6:10 AM

Harvey didn't pick Renee for Jerry McGuire, Bridget Jones or One True Thing. This idea that she only has a career because of him is not rooted in reality.

by Anonymousreply 125December 10, 2017 6:11 AM

Angelina also lied about not wanting to work with Harvey again she auditioned for at least 3 Weinstein produced films later

by Anonymousreply 126December 10, 2017 6:44 AM

He just wouldn’t stop. It was relentless. And then he said, [bold]“Well, Renée did it and Charlize did it[/bold] and this other actress did it. Don’t you want your career to be more than just this little teen film?” I said, “No, I’m not interested, thank you very much.” He said, “Well, you can’t leave until you kiss me.” He literally would not let me leave. I said fine and kissed him on the lips. He sort of held my head and made me kiss him, and then he’s like, “OK, you can go now. That’s all I wanted. Just do what I say and you can get your way.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127December 10, 2017 6:45 AM

I believe you @HarveyWankenstein

by Anonymousreply 128December 10, 2017 6:46 AM

Harvey said it, so it must be true.

And Harvey also said he's really really sorry and wants to change with rehab, so that must be true too.

Always believe the man. He has no reason to lie.

by Anonymousreply 129December 10, 2017 6:51 AM

Considering he also went after Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow, it's not hard to imagine Renee Zellweger, who hasn't done anything notable in 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 130December 10, 2017 6:58 AM

So he went after her, as in attacked her?

Or she fucked him for roles?

Yet she hasn't done anything notable in 15 years. So that means she did fuck him? Or didn't?

You're grasping and not making any sense. Conveniently, Renee just can't win.

by Anonymousreply 131December 10, 2017 7:16 AM

She completed him.

by Anonymousreply 132December 10, 2017 7:36 AM

There's a difference between a victim of sexual assault and someone who willingly fricks a powerful person to advance their career.

by Anonymousreply 133December 10, 2017 10:19 AM

I strongly suspect that there are numerous actresses who actually did have sex with him.

by Anonymousreply 134December 10, 2017 10:22 AM

R12 RZ got great roles from 2000-2004 because she blew up with Jerry Maguire at the end of 1996, showed promise in studio roles that followed and then landed the Bridget Jones role which was a worldwide phenomenon. Gave her a few years as a high earning leading lady studio actress...then had lead role in Chicago in 2003 which won best picture.

by Anonymousreply 135December 10, 2017 10:28 AM

According to Australian actress, Toni Collette, the role could have been hers. “I was doing The Wild Party on Broadway when I was offered Bridget Jones’s Diary,” she told The Scoop in 2005. “But I couldn’t do it because I didn’t know how long The Wild Party was going to play.” While many Brits were sceptical about the casting of Texas-born Renee Zellweger in the role, the film turned out to be a smash, and the actress received rave reviews for her funny, charming, relatable performance. Ironically, that success would lead to Toni Collette missing out on another high profile role to Renee Zellweger. “The producers of [the eventually Oscar winning musical] Chicago said, ‘We want you to do this! Don’t take anything else. We want to put you on tape just as a formality. Catherine Zeta-Jones is really excited to work with you.’ Then Bridget Jones’s Diary came out, and I guess that the Weinsteins [the backers of both films] had their way.”

by Anonymousreply 136December 10, 2017 10:35 AM

Would It Have Worked? Yes, without question. Though Renee Zellweger surprisingly made the role her own (tarnishing her work slightly with the dire 2004 sequel, Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason, but recapturing a little of her original glory with the far better Bridget Jones’s Baby), Toni Collette is far more suited to the part physically, and her extraordinary gifts as an actress would have brought equal sass and charming cynicism to the much loved character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137December 10, 2017 10:36 AM

Toni Collette great actress that she is, is not cute enough to have been Bridget Jones or Roxie Hart.

Sorry,

by Anonymousreply 138December 10, 2017 4:53 PM

R122 This has nothing to do with what a person has between their legs. It has to do with power.

Shame the ones who abuse their power, not the ones who have to play by the rules of a corrupt game that has been imposed upon them.

Get it now, dipstick?

by Anonymousreply 139December 10, 2017 5:07 PM

Tracey Ullman NAILED IT. This was hilariously cruel:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140December 10, 2017 5:39 PM

R127 I know her. Good friend of mine went to college with her. She actually told me the HW stuff then...not every detail but the general gist that he was hitting on her major.

DId she give in? Who knows. I know she did have a $1 mil deal with Miramar around that time - I don't know if she was eventually bought out or what.

She was very pretty tho.

by Anonymousreply 141December 11, 2017 6:00 AM

She did. But, that doesn't excuse anything he's done. The casting couch is real. Many of the participants are sexually assaulted or pressured/coerced , but some are willing.

by Anonymousreply 142December 11, 2017 6:08 AM

[quote]Women are different than gay men. Not a single one of all those varied categories of women has said if he has a hot dick, big dick, small dick. Did I miss that sordid detail?

The woman who was there when he jizzed in the potted plant said something like "maybe he thinks he has something special to offer... but... I don't know..."

[quote]Women are different than gay men.

Yeah, we have dicks.

by Anonymousreply 143December 11, 2017 12:53 PM

She's interviewed on the Plz Advise podcast and describes the situation to a live audience--you can find it on iTunes.

by Anonymousreply 144December 11, 2017 12:54 PM

Look, she slept with him to make it in Hollywood, like a lot of other actresses. That is how you did it. And she was always a victim, something must have happened to her as a child. Everyone in Austin says she worked as a stripper while at UT. Strippers were usually victimized as kids. The problem is that neither men or women should have to sleep with a disgusting fuck to get a role. The problem Rene, Jennifer, M, and the others have is their utter embarrassment to have consensually slept with a gross, fat, rapist who masterbated in front of women. Look at the women who said no. How do these other women, who talk about female empowerment, explain they willingly slept with someone for parts that the rest of the world is grossing out about? And while you could question whether they thought they had a chance in the industry otherwise, they still slept with someone for roles and to make it ahead. That in itself has a special connotation for women that most men and a lot of women can't get over. They're whores, darling.

by Anonymousreply 145December 11, 2017 4:04 PM

Charlize and Renee are overpaid whores

by Anonymousreply 146December 11, 2017 4:11 PM

Now let's talk about the up-and-coming actors who were "helped" by Kevin Spacey.....

by Anonymousreply 147December 11, 2017 4:22 PM

The proof is in how fast her career dried up once the Weinstein's sold Miramax to Disney (or moved on to Weinstein Co.). She couldn't get any parts after that. Same with Gwyneth, barring the Iron Man movies.

by Anonymousreply 148December 11, 2017 4:25 PM

I never liked Charlize Theron now I know why

by Anonymousreply 149December 11, 2017 4:27 PM

Charlize always seemed like a hardass. I thought she'd be the type to tell Heavy to go fuck himself.

by Anonymousreply 150December 11, 2017 4:57 PM

[bold]The Oscar-winning actress shared her devastation over losing the role of Roxie Hart in Chicago — a part made famous by Renée Zellweger. She revealed, “The director kicked me off it. … I was really bummed about it. And I think because I had it, I was like, ‘Ah … I’m gonna make this movie’ and I got kicked off it.”

So Theron was kicked off the film by Rob Marshall and was replaced with another one of Harvey's girls

by Anonymousreply 151December 11, 2017 6:08 PM

I read Toni collette had the best audition as Roxie but was nixed by Weinstein

by Anonymousreply 152December 11, 2017 6:18 PM

The Harvey Girls was an MGM musical about this whole sordid mess but thank god nobody was shown sleeping with a fat troll who looks like he's decomposing in front of your eyes.

by Anonymousreply 153December 11, 2017 10:23 PM

R151 Interesting. Charlize, unlike Renee, has a serious dance background. Would have given the movie a different vibe though.

by Anonymousreply 154December 11, 2017 10:51 PM

Of course she fucked him. How else could Renee Zellweger, who cannot sing or dance, get a lead role in a musical?

by Anonymousreply 155December 11, 2017 11:22 PM

Charlize would have been a better counterpart to CZJ in the glamour and looks department.

by Anonymousreply 156December 11, 2017 11:43 PM

Who are the other Harvey Girls?

by Anonymousreply 157December 12, 2017 12:06 AM

R152 Toni can do it all. She would have been fab.

by Anonymousreply 158December 12, 2017 12:16 AM

I remember reading a blind on AGC about an actress who after she got her Oscar and was successful would openly mock Weinstein and refused to work with him any longer. The blind pointed at it being Charlize

by Anonymousreply 159December 12, 2017 1:27 AM

[quote][bold]The world[/bold] is one fucked up place.

FIFY.

by Anonymousreply 160December 12, 2017 4:42 AM

r159, that reminds me of the story about Marilyn Monroe - after she signed her 20th century Fox contract she supposedly said "That's the last dick I'll have to suck" or something like that

by Anonymousreply 161December 12, 2017 3:21 PM

How many men have denied having sex with Renee Zellweger? The list grows longer each day.

by Anonymousreply 162December 12, 2017 9:34 PM

Theron definitely fucked him. Zellweger and Goop probably did (though I'm not sure why the latter would have had to). I doubt Angelina did. No judgment either way, I would have too if he had the power to give me an Oscar-winning film career.

by Anonymousreply 163December 12, 2017 10:13 PM

Charlize was in heaps of Miramax films in the 90s. She was ambitious as hell and from a broken family. I totally believe she blew Harvey.

Likewise Renee. Harvey seemed to adore her before she turned 35. Renee is witty and pretty and and appealing, but not the sex goddess he seemed to consider her as.

I believe Gwyneth that he propositioned her then abused her verbally and threatened to ruin her when she told Brad, her parents and her management. She had to publically crawl to him for years in order for him not to destroy her. I believe Blythe's letter to the Times as well.

by Anonymousreply 164December 12, 2017 10:34 PM

Ted Casablanca coined the casting couch term “baking cookies” about Goop and Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 165December 12, 2017 10:39 PM

Surprised there's no thread debating which actors were "helped" by Kevin Spacey..

by Anonymousreply 166December 12, 2017 11:06 PM

How do you blow or fuck Harvey?

Like with Jimmy Levine it seems beyond comprehension.

Maybe prostitutes wouldn't go near him.

Only at the very least an Oscar is worth it for some people. It wouldn't be for me despite the fact it would be nice to have one in my home as a conversation piece.

by Anonymousreply 167December 12, 2017 11:13 PM

r167, I imagine you close your eyes and think of the money and success he is promising, many can turn off feelings for a quickie, I doubt Harvey is asking for a cuddle and conversation anyway.

r166, if you do a search, you will find a couple, I know Justin Timberlake was one that was talked about.

by Anonymousreply 168December 12, 2017 11:18 PM

Old gay men act so disingenuous all the damn time. Like you even saw the face of most of the men who mounted you in bathhouses and alleyways. Sex barters are not always clear cut business - no Oscars are promised anyone. Actors want to work and be seen. Most of you have you have engaged with gross men in exchange for a medium fry and coke.

by Anonymousreply 169December 12, 2017 11:33 PM

Why do queers screw randoms so much R169? Is it because you can't fall in love? Is AIDs God's method of natural selection.....like sickle cell anemia is for blacks?

by Anonymousreply 170December 12, 2017 11:38 PM

I always needed to see a face and know a name. Even if false. I can't imagine anonymous men mounting me. It would be like licking a high school biology class petri dish.

Maybe it's why I'm alive. Do I miss not having had anonymous bath house sex in the 70s?

Not in a million years.

by Anonymousreply 171December 12, 2017 11:46 PM

*Most of you have sexually engaged with gross men in exchange for a medium fry and coke.*

by Anonymousreply 172December 12, 2017 11:48 PM

R172, it doesn't matter that it's not a choice, it's about natural selection..

As for harsh, my handle should be a clue..

by Anonymousreply 173December 13, 2017 12:02 AM

Theron and Zellwegger also had no connections or degrees from big conservatories/stage careers. I get the sense that Theron was a bit like Sharon Stone who just did whatever it took to keep getting roles.

Zellwegger has charisma, but she's an odd duck as far as beauty goes--I suspect even at the height of her careers, directors weren't knocking down doors to cast her. Unfortunately, she probably needed Miramax's female-focused properties.

by Anonymousreply 174December 13, 2017 12:09 AM

People talk about Renee as if she were fucking Quasimodo. She isn't. She may have had squinty eyes (she's had plastic surgery on them to open them up), but she's still attractive and acting should be about acting. They don't need to look like fucking supermodels.

by Anonymousreply 175December 13, 2017 12:15 AM

She’s done so many weird things to her face for so long I think she’s got some problems. I don’t want to watch weirdos in movies.

by Anonymousreply 176December 13, 2017 12:23 AM

I like Renee. Weinstein victims should never be blamed. But some Weinstein women have too many pawing, mauling, lovehug smiling & eye fuck pictures with him floating around to be considered innocent or unaware of his actions.

by Anonymousreply 177December 13, 2017 12:41 AM

This notion that she wasn't pretty enough for Hollywood is stupid. Renee is blond-haired and blue eyed with a tight little bod. That's already a huge leg up in Hollywood. But she was also pretty talented and pulled off a bunch of diverse roles early on. And she was quite adorable when she started out. She fit squarely into the kind of look that was big in the mid-90s--in the family of early Friends Jennifer Aniston, Helen Hunt, Jewel.

She created a huge buzz at the Oscars right around the time of getting cast in Chicago just by wearing this dress, "proving" she could pull of old school Hollywood glam:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178December 13, 2017 12:46 AM

[quote]I believe Gwyneth that he propositioned her then abused her verbally and threatened to ruin her when she told Brad, her parents and her management. She had to publically crawl to him for years in order for him not to destroy her. I believe Blythe's letter to the Times as well.

There are people here desperate for the story that Goop blew Harvey to get the Oscar for that awful role to be true. She has never really been a struggling actress, in true princess style went to her boyfriend and parents to complain about Uncle Harvey being mean to her "make him stop" and, along with Jolie, was the first real big name to accuse him of harassment. Not a sign of someone who slept with Harvey. Jennifer Lawrence, Charlize Theron and Renee Zellweger, otoh, were very ambitious and failure to break into Hollywood would mean returning to poverty. Of course they slept with him.

by Anonymousreply 179December 13, 2017 1:04 AM

People like r89 who use the term "virtue signaling" are freeper douchebag signaling.

And Jennifer Lawrence did not grow up in poverty

by Anonymousreply 180December 13, 2017 1:19 AM

So wait, if she denies having sex with Weinstein, she gets film roles?

by Anonymousreply 181December 13, 2017 1:22 AM

Theron has worked with Weinstein on a slew of films, including:

Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest 1995

Celebrity 1998

The Yards 2000

Reindeer Games 2000

The Cider House Rules 1999

Waking Up in Reno 2002

by Anonymousreply 182December 16, 2017 12:14 PM

That's a horrible picture of Renee at r178. How many meals did she have to miss to get that anorexic looking?

by Anonymousreply 183December 16, 2017 12:35 PM

I think Goop did him. What I suspect is that there's probably some truth to what she's been saying about the abuse she received. She wanted a career and an Oscar and she gained both after hooking up with Harvey. To be honest, she was a barely competent actress and although she was marginally more attractive than Renee, she lacked both the acting chops and the charisma.

she might have had contacts in the business from her family and that most likely helped a lot when she started out, however that was only ever going to take her so far. I know people make fun of her a lot but she always struck me as being very ambitious during the early stages of her career, and the competition to make it to the A list was stiff. All you have to do is look at the other well connected actresses from the time like Kate Hudson, most of them never became anywhere near as high profile as she did during her time at the top, and there where a lot of others who were far more attractive and talented than she was.

What she's saying now comes across as a way for Paltrow to save face, lots of people will remember the huge push she received from Havey around the time of SIL and they quite rightly think she was involved with him the same way as all the other actresses we know about. I also don't buy the princess act, I'll bet she was as ambitious as Renee, Theron and most likely took the same deal they did.

by Anonymousreply 184December 16, 2017 2:46 PM

Who did Angelina Jolie fuck to make it, that's what I'd like to know. If there was ever a case of nepotism gone mad in Hollywood it's her.

by Anonymousreply 185December 16, 2017 3:37 PM

Then why isn't Weinstein saying he fucked Paltrow? As you said yourself R184 she wasn't very pretty and her body has always been bony. Goop has bragged about her oral skills. Maybe that was enough.

by Anonymousreply 186December 16, 2017 3:39 PM

For a lot of straight men, more than enough. Only recently have young women learned to enjoy the suck and swallow. It was always a bonus for the older generation or something you paid a hooker to do.

by Anonymousreply 187December 16, 2017 3:41 PM

Who knows, r186. There's other women who are known to have been with him for roles and he hasn't mentioned their names either.

by Anonymousreply 188December 16, 2017 3:58 PM

Well obviously it couldn't possibly be professional mediocrity and gay white gentile liberal affirmative action beneficiary Rob Marshall.

by Anonymousreply 189December 16, 2017 4:00 PM

Weinstein is a cagey pig. What an absolute piece of shit. If he named Renee and Charlize, he must have something on them. However most all the women who have come forward mentioned that he would always brag about which famous actresses he fucked. And it was often lies. He really wasn't about intercourse anyway if you've been paying attention. He seeks to degrade women and pleasure himself. That can be rape of course, but Harvey didn't have the stamina for intercourse. Not without a pill and that takes some planning.

by Anonymousreply 190December 16, 2017 4:06 PM

Did he really fuck Jennifer Lawrence? I remember those pictures and they were really bizarre, like she was putting herself on show. That looks like something Weinstein would do to a woman to get his rocks off. Someone said on another thread that the reason so many women agreed to go with the fat whale was due to the fact that unlike a lot of others in Hollywood, he would actually keep his word and had the power and contacts to help an actress break out in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 191December 16, 2017 4:21 PM

I doubt she fucked him, R191, but like Selma, probably gave into what she initially perceived as a 'so fucking what?' request for photos. JLaw strikes me as someone who lives by her own rules, anyway. I doubt she thought it was much of a trade off for what she received in return.

by Anonymousreply 192December 16, 2017 4:27 PM

If you have to come out with a denial about having sex with Harvey Weinstein in exchange for film roles...

Then you probably had sex with Harvey Weinstein in exchange for film roles.

by Anonymousreply 193December 16, 2017 4:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194December 16, 2017 4:31 PM

R192: She's rumoured to have fucked him, there's other pictures of her with a mans hand splaying her pussy open and they're not fake. I think those photos were some kind of enticement to him by her, either before, or after she went with him. I don't think Selma fucked him, she probably gave into a few photos but wouldn't agree to go any further and that's why she had to endure so much shit from him during the filming of Freida.

by Anonymousreply 195December 16, 2017 4:57 PM

The bitch fucks for roles, I did it too but opening your snatch will only take a skank so far...

by Anonymousreply 196December 16, 2017 7:13 PM

What I find interesting are the people who worked around him - other than the pretty young starlets and wannabes.

How did they feed the monster?

He was a bully. He wanted people to kowtow and humiliate themselves. So what did all the others have to go through to get deals and work with him? Did no one explode and call him on his bullshit when he was abusing them or others near them?

And what of Meryl? I’m a huge fan- and she was already a star and getting cast in his movies thanks to her abilities and brand recognition - but don’t think she was immune...

I mean: remember one of her acceptance speeches where she called him ‘God’ or something like that? At the time I thought it was kinda embarrassing and over the top. But in hindsight - think she’s very clever. She knows which side her bread is buttered, and sucking up like that - outrageously sycophantic! - but he’d LOVE such nonsense. It now looks like an astute business decision on her part...

When Weinstein croaks and can’t sue - oh the tell-alls that will come out!

I actually think some of the men hr treated badly will never open up and are more reluctant to come out than the women. They must feel utterly humiliated and that their fragile masculinity and little egos are at threat. If Weinstein behaved like a schoolyard bully - and all indications are he did - then they must feel ashamed by rolling over and taking it. Thank god so many women are brave enough to overcome their fears and step forward.

by Anonymousreply 197December 16, 2017 8:23 PM

McGowan's latest tweet takes aim at Meryl and other hypocrites. Rose is crazy but she's right this time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198December 16, 2017 8:29 PM

I agree with Rose that was exactly my thought when I read the black dresses news.

Kidman, Meryl and many other actresses worked with Harvey many times and did not have any problems doing that but now they all wearing black to protest harassment! the hypocrisy & ignorance overflows

by Anonymousreply 199December 16, 2017 8:38 PM

They should all wear whorehouse red in solidarity.

by Anonymousreply 200December 16, 2017 9:18 PM

Hollywood loves Harvey Weinstein - montage of Matt Damon, Jennifer Lawrence, Meryl Streep etc and Richard Gere predicts the New Yorker's article 😮😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201December 16, 2017 9:23 PM

What makes me believe there was 'pay to play', with the top girls, was what's been reported that he did to those who declined his advances or thwarted or frustrated him in any way. This guy hired Mossad for gawds sake. It's pretty obvious, the egg is all over their faces. Pun intended.

by Anonymousreply 202December 16, 2017 9:48 PM

And when we come back we'll be dressed in black

And you'll scream my name aloud

And we won't eat and we won't sleep

We'll drag bodies from a ground

So say my name

And every color illuminates

And we are shining

And we'll never be afraid again

🎵

by Anonymousreply 203December 16, 2017 10:08 PM

I did it all for the nookie.

by Anonymousreply 204December 16, 2017 11:11 PM

R189, only a white trash homophobe would attribute the success of a gay man to "affirmative action" - there have always been tons of gays in Hollywood since the silent era. They don't need affirmative action. And plenty of straight male directors are less talented than Marshall

by Anonymousreply 205December 17, 2017 12:31 AM

Rose should be attacking Nicole kidman too.

by Anonymousreply 206December 17, 2017 12:49 AM

Why? did Kidman sleep with Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 207December 17, 2017 2:06 AM

^ maybe? Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 208December 17, 2017 10:53 AM

Renee isn't quoted there saying she didn't sleep with him; she said she didn't sleep with him to get a role.

by Anonymousreply 209December 17, 2017 11:46 AM

Define "sex"!

by Anonymousreply 210December 17, 2017 11:48 AM

Define "sex"!

This should be good....

by Anonymousreply 211December 17, 2017 7:17 PM

Maybe they slept with him because they considered him attractive.

Taste is subjective.

He's not my type but he's got to be someone's.

by Anonymousreply 212December 17, 2017 7:41 PM

I wonder why Goop didn't marry him...

by Anonymousreply 213December 17, 2017 7:45 PM

I'm not saying it was him, but someone fucked with both of her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 214December 18, 2017 4:43 AM

She did a Jennifer Grey to her face that's for sure, her eyes were one of her most distinctive features and she completely changed her appearance when she had them widened. I almost didn't recognise her when I saw her give an interview recently, she must be very insecure about her looks to have had cosmetic surgery that is that drastic.

by Anonymousreply 215December 18, 2017 10:48 AM

[Quote] He's not my type but he's got to be someone's.

I really doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 216December 18, 2017 3:47 PM

Of course she would deny it.

I ran into some people I knew over a decade ago, we got to talking and one asked if I used to see/fuck some awful character now. Oh, no, of course not, he was interested by I... no, please.

I denied it, I did it but denied it.

by Anonymousreply 217December 18, 2017 5:02 PM

I have the same guilty secret, R217. And he was a great lay, too. Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 218December 18, 2017 5:05 PM

Can r217 speak English?!

by Anonymousreply 219December 18, 2017 5:06 PM

r219, don't be so obtuse.

by Anonymousreply 220December 18, 2017 5:08 PM

Kidman is a good actress, but she has and would do whatever it takes to make it in Hollywood, including marrying into and signing her adopted children over to a cult.

by Anonymousreply 221December 18, 2017 5:13 PM

It was part of their bargain, R221. Considering what else she may have been facing as an attractive woman in HW, she probably took the lesser of two evils. She is certainly thirsty, and I'm not excusing that cult or its bullshit, but I wonder if she believed it wouldn't be so bad. At least in the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 222December 18, 2017 5:15 PM

[quote] R18 [Paltrow's] dad directed mainly theatre. Her mother wasn’t that big a deal.

Maybe they were both out schtupping everyone for her, too, though?

Every little bit helps!

by Anonymousreply 223December 18, 2017 5:25 PM

[quote]R65 eah, I remember seeing her appear out of nowhere in Jerry Maguire. I remember thinking at the time, "How the hell did this ordinary-looking nobody that I never heard of land the female lead opposite Tom Cruise?"

She had some things in her favor, though. She was GREAT in that role (perfect, in fact) and surely gave just as good an audition. She was short enough to match up with Pocket Princess Cruise, and he's never acted opposite big female stars, anyway...isn't he basically the whole show?

He did do VANILLA SKY Cameron Diaz and Penelope Cruz, who were better known, but I don't think he WANTS to work with big name co stars, really.

by Anonymousreply 224December 18, 2017 6:01 PM

Goop fucked him. If Paul Sorvino couldn't help his daughter, why would anyone think Goop's could? They didn't have power. And if Spielberg had a problem with the casting couch why hasn't he done something before this? He could have made projects for his godaughter. More than likely Spielberg, who has a couch that casts, could have cared less if she had to fuck Weinstein for parts, that was part of the system. And Brad got to be the big wonderful man in this BS story Goop's told. So if Brad then knew, where are his statements now, what did he try to do to stop it? If he was able to protect Goop's and her career obviously Weinstein was so scared Brad knew that Brad could have gotten him to stop harassing all women, right? Wrong, bullshit story that protected Goop while making Brad look like a big hero.

by Anonymousreply 225December 18, 2017 7:08 PM

No one believed her then. No one believes her now. Or Rene, Reese, or Nicole, or Meryl, or Amy and especially supercunt, Jlaw. They will all have to stand by and watch as their careers tank. A lot of the ladies at work are fed up with both the bad behavior and the complicity. In fact, I hear a lot of trash talk about these women being whores and bitches. They better crank up the PR machine because they have no fucking clue how bad this is going to get.

by Anonymousreply 226December 18, 2017 7:13 PM

^ Reese Witherspoon never worked with Wankenstein

by Anonymousreply 227December 18, 2017 7:14 PM

In fact, there's a lunch time game these ladies are playing: who wore Marchesa? Then they look it up and say shit like: "there goes another whore" or "thar she blows." The backlash is not what they'll be expecting.

by Anonymousreply 228December 18, 2017 7:15 PM

Why Did Brad Pitt Do Two Harvey Weinstein Movies After Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie Were Attacked?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229December 18, 2017 7:16 PM

According to many accounts, that didn't seem to matter, R227. As for Reese, she's still an cunt trying to band aid her bad reputation as an entitled white, southern trash bitch. She stays.

by Anonymousreply 230December 18, 2017 7:18 PM

R229 bc Brad was in beard/merkin relationship with those women

by Anonymousreply 231December 18, 2017 7:19 PM

These people are so fake.

by Anonymousreply 232December 18, 2017 7:19 PM

Exactly, R231. No gay man would ever try to defend the woman fronting for him. That's just too risky. Better to move on and hire new.

by Anonymousreply 233December 18, 2017 7:23 PM

Witherspoon turned down a lead role in Scream.

Witherspoon was reportedly offered the role of Peggy Dodd in PTA film The Master the role that brought Amy Adams another Oscar nomination.

Witherspoon was originally considered for the role of Arwen in LOTR.

I don't see how she can be HW's whore and refuse these roles!? 🙄

by Anonymousreply 234December 18, 2017 7:28 PM

Please stop with the emojis.

by Anonymousreply 235December 18, 2017 7:44 PM

[Quote] Witherspoon turned down a lead role in Scream.

I can't picture her as Sidney. She might have been okay as Tatum.

by Anonymousreply 236December 18, 2017 7:45 PM

R234, see how that works? Now she/you are in defensive mode. Shameful, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 237December 18, 2017 8:01 PM

R225: I agree. There was a couple of trolls on here trying to insist that Goop had the contacts in the industry to never have to stoop to that level. The truth is she went with him, the whole Princess act and then Brad swooping in to save her honour was complete bullshit. She knew people were pointing fingers at her over SIL and the massive PR campaign Weinstein waged on her behalf to basically buy the Oscar for her. The whole story she's been putting out now is simply a way for her to try and save face.

by Anonymousreply 238December 18, 2017 8:06 PM

R226, no one in the real world is defending Harvey. Your comments make you sound as misogynistic as him

by Anonymousreply 239December 18, 2017 8:23 PM

Why thank you, R239. I'm flattered you read so much into my post. I don't think there was anything there about defending Harvey, and in the real world women do not like the women who fuck for roles or promotion. I don't make the rules nor am I the arbiter or how women feel. I will say that I've also heard HILLARY mentioned, more than once, in the same way: complicit.

by Anonymousreply 240December 18, 2017 8:29 PM

R240, you can't have it both ways. How can Hillary be complicit if Harvey did nothing wrong and all these women had consensual sex with him?

The Hillary comment makes you sound like a supporter of Mr. Pussygrabber

by Anonymousreply 241December 18, 2017 8:40 PM

(R51), Bwahahahahahaha.

by Anonymousreply 242December 18, 2017 8:43 PM

I don't get R226 R230 hate for Witherspoon the woman who never worked with Weinstein and never had sex with Harvey for roles

R230 'As for Reese, she's still an cunt trying to band aid her bad reputation as an entitled white, southern trash bitch. She stays.'

Why so angry, racist and misogynist?

by Anonymousreply 243December 18, 2017 9:42 PM

[quote]Why so angry, racist and misogynist?

DL oldtimers defend hate speech as pointless bitchery. They are slowly dying off.

by Anonymousreply 244December 18, 2017 9:53 PM

Young people never use the terms 'entitled white' 'southern trash' or 'bitch.'

by Anonymousreply 245December 18, 2017 10:03 PM

I think Reese is one of the sharper women in Hollywood. She was pretty cagey about how she managed a comeback from her drunken rant and she moved into producing successfully. She was young when she started--I expect she knew about Weinstein and chose to avoid him. It meant not doing prestige pictures for Miramax and having to wait on the Oscar nod, but she's also not the wreck that Renee Zellwegger is.

I'm more inclined to suspect the actresses who had a period of role after role without being all that popular--Goop, Renee, Nicole. Sounds like Charlize might have slept/blew him, but then told him to go to hell later on.

With Nicole, if something happened, I'm guessing it was after her divorce from Tom Cruise left her without a serious toehold in Hollywood. She did some stuff back in Australia and may have seen Harvey as the only way to save her career.

by Anonymousreply 246December 18, 2017 11:55 PM

‘If you give me a job, you can have sex with me’: Sir Ian McKellen says women ‘also to blame’ for Hollywood sex scandal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247December 19, 2017 11:11 AM

She had a rather fast and inexplicable rise to leading lady, a-list stardom. Everyone I know talked about it. Someone upthread said we shouldn’t consider HW credible against RZ, but I don’t know. Seems possible.

by Anonymousreply 248December 19, 2017 12:06 PM

What Ian McKellen fails to acknowledge is that those actresses who refused to play the "sex in exchange" for roles game were blacklisted, mocked, sneered at and verbally abused out of the industry. It's absolutely disgusting the entertainment industry only gave roles to actresses if they were prepared to be used sexually rather than based on actual talent.

I must admit, before the Weinstein scandal, I actually thought the "casting couch" had died out shortly after Hollywood's golden age.

by Anonymousreply 249December 19, 2017 1:15 PM

They are not actors they are whores

by Anonymousreply 250December 19, 2017 1:18 PM

R205, don't project your self-loathing onto me, nor Rob Marshall's deficiencies as a director onto other gay directors far more talented than he is. He's just not that good. In fact, considering some of his post-[italic]Chicago[/italic] directorial choices I wouldn't hesitate to call him a hack. Yes, I'm gay, and if you think I should be expected to like bad art just because the artist shares a sexual orientation with me, then the homophobic one is you, not me.

by Anonymousreply 251December 19, 2017 1:33 PM

Marshall refused to work with Zadan & Meron again but would work for The Weinstein Company. What does that tell you about him?

by Anonymousreply 252December 19, 2017 1:35 PM

R248 "She had a rather fast and inexplicable rise to leading lady, a-list stardom."

Because of Jerry McGuire and buzz for a really good performance in The Whole Wide World. From that she got One True Thing, Nurse Betty, Me Myself & Irene and Bridget Jones Diary. None of those were Weinstein-associated films. She was already cast in Bridget Jones Diary when Miramax acquired the distribution rights. During that time, her only Miramax film was an indie called The Price Above Rubies. However inexplicable her rise to stardom, it wasn't because of Harvey.

by Anonymousreply 253December 19, 2017 1:58 PM

^ sorry, meant to say none of those were Weinstein-associated films except BJD.

by Anonymousreply 254December 19, 2017 2:04 PM

What has alicia vikander said on the matter? She was cast in tomb raider because she was riding fatso's whale dick hard. All for nothing since she was hoping tomb raider would make her boring flat ass a star like it did for angelina, but her tomb raider reboot has no hype and tge trailer is awful makes it look like a cheap syfy channel b movie.

by Anonymousreply 255December 19, 2017 2:22 PM

Wow, M is that you trying to make everyone think Weinstein didn't have the power he had? He literally destroyed Sorvino's career because Jackson didn't want to cross him. Huge directors we thought had independent power didn't. Weinstein's power must have reached even into movies not done by his studio for fear you would need his studio or money in the future and you didn't want to piss him off by hiring an actress everyone knew he was pissed at. I have so little respect for M. This BS that he needed her, not the other way around. Well, if you were so all powerful bitch why didn't you go elsewhere? Why use and end up enabling this guy everyone else knew about. She is such a liar.

by Anonymousreply 256December 19, 2017 2:24 PM

Please, Sorvino destroyed her own career by being....nothing special. She doesn't stand out.

r251, there are plenty of straight hacks....why aren't you accusing them of benefiting from "affirmative action"? Don't accuse me of self-loathing when you think gays need "affirmative action" to make it which is bullshit since there have always been successful gay directors. You are such a Republican piece of shit, whining about "affirmative action" is Trump-ian.

by Anonymousreply 257December 19, 2017 3:06 PM

Nicole Kidman:

The Upside 2017

Lion 2016

Paddington 2014

Nine 2009

The Hours 2003

Cold Mountain 2003

The Human Stain 2003

the Hours 2002

The Others 2001

^ all produced by Harvey!

by Anonymousreply 258December 19, 2017 10:11 PM

Nobody was asking, Renee.

by Anonymousreply 259December 19, 2017 10:12 PM

Goop, Ben Affleck and Weinstein

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260December 27, 2017 10:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261December 27, 2017 10:44 PM

Who are the women at R261 picture? Heidi Klum and ...

by Anonymousreply 262December 27, 2017 10:53 PM

She must have really wanted those roles!

Just saying... Have you seen him!

by Anonymousreply 263December 27, 2017 10:56 PM

From what I learn in this thread, its a very really grim situation. Closet case actors like Pitt and Damon beard with actresses who get raped to get Oscars and everyone keeps mum.

by Anonymousreply 264December 27, 2017 11:00 PM

Harvey Weinstein (C) and TV personality [bold]Heidi Klum[/bold] (back, L) and actress [bold]Uma Thurman[/bold] (front, L) attend The Weinstein Company & Netflix's 2014 Golden Globes After Party at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 12, 2014 in Beverly Hills, California.

by Anonymousreply 265December 27, 2017 11:05 PM

Uma Thurman is a whore

by Anonymousreply 266December 27, 2017 11:07 PM

I once blew a guy for a ride home so I wouldn't have to take the subway. I'd smoke Harvey's pole to get the lead role in a hit movie without hesitation. I'm not particularly a whore but not hung up on sex. It's just sex.

by Anonymousreply 267December 27, 2017 11:10 PM

Cheers, R267.

by Anonymousreply 268December 27, 2017 11:12 PM

I'm hung up on not dying before my time of preventable diseases.

by Anonymousreply 269December 27, 2017 11:12 PM

[quote] Cheers, [R267].

If this was the 1980s, would you have had sex with one of the producers of Cheers to get a role on that show?

by Anonymousreply 270December 27, 2017 11:12 PM

Uma Thurman shared credits with Weinstein in at least seven 7 movies , including her Oscar-nominated role in Pulp Fiction and the Kill Bill series. She was nominated for Golden Globes for Kill Bill films for both films

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271December 27, 2017 11:14 PM

Hollywood's silence on the Harvey Weinstein scandal smacks of hypocrisy and cover-up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272December 27, 2017 11:17 PM

I like The Who Wore Marchesa game!

by Anonymousreply 273December 27, 2017 11:18 PM

Zendaya: Wearing Marchesa

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274December 27, 2017 11:23 PM

So wasn't it Uma Thurman just 2 weeks ago who was so angry with Weinstein that she couldn't speak publicly? I thought it was her.

by Anonymousreply 275December 27, 2017 11:23 PM

It was her act she's a professional pretender

by Anonymousreply 276December 27, 2017 11:27 PM

not a good actress IMO and it shows in here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277December 27, 2017 11:32 PM

I did like Renee in Nurse Betty, her oddness fit the part

by Anonymousreply 278December 27, 2017 11:59 PM

"I'd smoke Harvey's pole to get the lead role in a hit movie without hesitation. I'm not particularly a whore but not hung up on sex."

For someone who's not a whore....you sure sound like a whore.

by Anonymousreply 279December 28, 2017 12:38 AM

I'd blow anyone for a couple million bucks.

by Anonymousreply 280December 28, 2017 12:46 AM

Well I don't doubt Weinstein tried to convince some actresses to sleep with him by telling them he slept with every other high profile actress and they had to do it too if they wanted to become high profile too.

Oldest trick in the book.

Weinstein’s former personal assistant Zelda Perkins gave a very interesting interview to the BBC about how her former boss was addicted to power and how he was manipulating people to get what he wanted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281December 28, 2017 12:52 AM

The Zelda Perkins interview is interesting. She says she was aware Weinstein was “intimate” with some big stars! Goop, Renee Zellweger and Charlize Theron were absolutely 3 of them. Chicago stirs this mess up.

The whole Roxie Hart casting was cloak and dagger.

Catherine Zeta Jones was the first cast. This was the first stage musical adaptation in years and there were no actors in Hollywood (then) with musical theatre experience, bar Catherine Zeta Jones who had been a West End player. She was offered Roxie Hart, having never seen Chicago she said she wanted to play the part that sang ‘All That Jazz’. There’s nothing iffy about CZJ’s casting, it was common sense to have at least one actor in it with musical theatre experience and Zeta Jones performance spoke for itself.

From when it was green lit Miramax wanted Renee Zellweger for the role of Roxie. In truth, she was the right type as she has that Shirley MacLaine quality about her, in which she can make an unlikeable character likeable. However, Zellweger turned the role down continuously as she wouldn’t sing.

Apparently Gwyneth Paltrow was next in line for the part, but that died a death very early. Likelyhood being she stunk in the screen tests!

Rob Marshall has stated many times that Toni Collette gave the best audition. He wanted her for the part. Weinstein Black balled this and said Charlize Theron had to play it. I don’t know what happened, but I do know Rob Marshall was the one who convinced Zellweger to play the part by doing some singing with her. So when Zellweger agreed Theron was dropped. Theron would have been totally wrong for Roxie as ultimately Roxie is an underdog goofy character. Gwen Verdon created her with Fosse very specifically and Theron would have balanced too evenly with Zeta Jones playing a role which is supposed to be the more sultry character.

The most interesting one is the role of Mama Morton. Marshall has brought Kathy Bates to the table for the role. He’d worked with her on Annie and she was the ideal type. But Weinstein said the part had to go to Queen Latifa! I can’t see her fucking Weinstein!

by Anonymousreply 282December 28, 2017 1:01 AM

I don't think we saw the same interview R282.

by Anonymousreply 283December 28, 2017 1:31 AM

R283 The BBC Newsnight one? At the beginning she says she could see Harvey Weinstein had intimate relationships (or similar expression) with some big female stars. She says it tactfully, but what she clearly states at the same time is the set up of the hotel suite. So she states all his business was done in these suites, but her observations were Weinstein was having affairs with stars but she had not realised he was actually committing full on sexual attacks until the colleague became a victim.

by Anonymousreply 284December 28, 2017 1:37 AM

She said there were actresses she thought were his 'girlfriends' and that he had 'fairly intimate personal relationships' with them. She also said she assumed those relationships were 'consensual' but acknowledged 'when these women were reluctant, he could get very angry'.

The reason Perkins quit her job was when Weinstein tried to rape one of her working colleges.

by Anonymousreply 285December 28, 2017 1:55 AM

R285 Rob Marshall has stated many times that Toni Collette gave the best audition. He wanted her for the part. Weinstein Black balled this and said Charlize Theron had to play it. I don’t know what happened.

We know what happened and we know what happened to Toni Collette's career

by Anonymousreply 286December 28, 2017 1:11 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287December 28, 2017 1:17 PM

Samantha Morton managed to get on the wrong side of one of Hollywood's most powerful men, Harvey Weinstein, after she accused the Miramax boss of ordering that she be dropped from the screen version of The Brothers Grimm because he judged that her upper arms were too fat. Weinstein denied her claims.

by Anonymousreply 288December 28, 2017 1:17 PM

[quote]If he’d go into business with an arms dealer, I say, is there anyone he wouldn’t take money from? He looks thoughtful. “It’s getting harder.” He winces. “Unfortunately I got caught with the Weinstein brothers. That was not a happy experience. It was not a marriage made in heaven. They’re great salesmen but they want to be film-makers. Stick to selling, let the film-makers do the films.” (For his 2005 film The Brothers Grimm, Bob Weinstein insisted on replacing Samantha Morton as the leading actress, and fired Gilliam’s cinematographer.)

- Terry Gilliam

. . .

Terry Gilliam and Matt Damon wanted to hire Samantha Morton for the role of Angelika, but Bob Weinstein and Harvey Weinstein vetoed it. According to Morton, they said that the tops of her arms were too fat and [bold]"You think Matt or Heath would want to fuck that?".[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289December 28, 2017 1:20 PM

Remember when Charlize Theron said this lol

[quote]Jobs with real gravitas go to people that are physically right for them and that’s the end of the story, the actress told British GQ in a new interview. [bold]How many roles are out there for the gorgeous f**king gown-wearing eight-foot model? When meaty roles come through, I’ve been in the room and pretty people get turned away first.[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290December 28, 2017 9:46 PM

ytuytuytuy

by Anonymousreply 291December 29, 2017 2:40 AM

Charlize is a good actress, not a great one. I'd rank even Gwyneth above her.

by Anonymousreply 292December 29, 2017 12:35 PM

alicia vikander: mediocre whore

by Anonymousreply 293December 29, 2017 2:35 PM

R290, that makes me hate Theron. She sounds clueless.

by Anonymousreply 294December 29, 2017 2:37 PM

Charlize Theron is so overrated as an actress and average looking without make up

by Anonymousreply 295December 29, 2017 2:55 PM

R292 Agree

by Anonymousreply 296December 29, 2017 2:55 PM

The Question Renee Zellweger Won't Answer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297December 30, 2017 11:20 AM

I love that she has kept her accent.

by Anonymousreply 298December 30, 2017 1:35 PM

She looks pretty in R297 video

by Anonymousreply 299December 30, 2017 2:17 PM

She just doesn't want to say she used coke to lose the weight.

by Anonymousreply 300December 30, 2017 11:34 PM

More about Alicia Vikander! Did she really "let Harvey"?

by Anonymousreply 301December 31, 2017 1:43 AM

R295 Lol. You must be blind. She's gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 302December 31, 2017 4:01 AM

Doing coke helps you lose weight?

by Anonymousreply 303December 31, 2017 5:56 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304January 1, 2018 3:22 PM

Charlize Theron

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305January 1, 2018 3:25 PM

Had she just been gangbanged in the parking lot before walking the carpet at the '99 MVAs @ r304? wtf?!

by Anonymousreply 306January 1, 2018 3:27 PM

Who cares if she fucked him? Had I been a struggling actress, I would have fucked him.

Let’s see,

Option A: stay broke, no work, no future in the biz.

Option B: fuck Harvey Weinstein, get work, make millions, and win an Academy Award to boot.

If she fucked, GOOD FOR HER!

Smart girl.

by Anonymousreply 307January 1, 2018 5:16 PM

You are insane if you think anyone who uses the casting couch automatically makes millions or wins an Oscar

by Anonymousreply 308January 1, 2018 5:51 PM

Also, very rarely can someone just put out once and that's it they get the part. There's a lot of stringing people along and maybe never giving them anything and mutual manipulations and sort of curations of people as assets that goes on.

by Anonymousreply 309January 1, 2018 5:54 PM

Renee had a strange asshole manager. Some awful bully who fought all her battles, so he was a good manager to have in that sense. Maybe after she won her Oscar she sacked him and her career sank.

by Anonymousreply 310January 2, 2018 3:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311January 3, 2018 5:47 AM

With contacts, the right make-up and hair, I think RZ could pull off Garland.

by Anonymousreply 312January 3, 2018 7:21 AM

Renee's a good actress, she has the scratchy voice and wasted look of the older Garland too. Worn out but good natured. She'll be interesting for sure.

by Anonymousreply 313January 3, 2018 7:30 AM

^clip^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314January 3, 2018 7:33 AM

R308, of course I understand that it’s not as easy as 1, 2, 3. But it worked for her.

So what? It’s not like she had to fuck an actual farm animal. She probably got along very well with Weinstein. If it worked for her, I’m not going to judge her. The girl didn’t have famous parents, like Miss Paltrow, and she wasn’t married to the biggest star in the world, like her friend, Nicole Kidman.

Sometimes, a girl’s gotta do what she’s gotta do. If she consented as a quid pro quo, was an informed adult, and decided to fuck this Fat ass, then why am I going to give her grief? I enjoyed her very much in her Bridgette Jones chick flicks. No harm, no foul. Everyone wins in this specific case.

by Anonymousreply 315January 3, 2018 11:46 AM

I saw her about a decade ago in the exact same spot I later saw Renner, on Sunset near what is now the Sundance Theater, and she was practically bald and looked very very very confused.

by Anonymousreply 316January 3, 2018 11:54 AM

[quote]Renee's a good actress, she has the scratchy voice and wasted look of the older Garland too. Worn out but good natured. She'll be interesting for sure.

If it success, she'll win a Best Actress Oscar.

If it fails, the Worst Actress Razzie is as good as hers.

by Anonymousreply 317January 3, 2018 12:07 PM

She’s a weird one, R316. I’ve ran into her several times while grabbing breakfast or lunch. She always sits alone, in a corner. And she really does look as if she’s always biting into a lemon. I’ve never spoken to her, since I don’t approach strangers, but I’ve sat about six feet away from her.

She is very tiny, has blotchy, but otherwise clear skin, and very thin hair. There’s absolutely nothing about her that screams “movie star”. Even her posture is quite disarming. She’s what I call a “huncher”.

Very, very plain girl. I suppose that’s her appeal. You really can transform her into anyone, with the right makeup and wardrobe, coupled with her acting chops.

by Anonymousreply 318January 3, 2018 12:14 PM

Yeah, she almost looked like she had a rash covering a third of her face and was much smaller than I'd guessed. But it was the lack of hair and air of distraught bewilderment that made me even notice her.

by Anonymousreply 319January 3, 2018 12:17 PM

I don't believe anything that comes out of Harvey Wankstains mouth. Men like to say they have had sex with this person and that person, just to make themselves look desirable, it happened to me, but I called him out and so did other women that he said it about. It's just very insecure men that do this.

by Anonymousreply 320January 3, 2018 12:18 PM

R320, HE claimed to have fucked you, or did he claim to have fucked other women while attempting to convince you to fuck him, or are you discussing another man altogether?

by Anonymousreply 321January 3, 2018 12:26 PM

Gwyneth Paltrow: Harvey Weinstein Lied About Having Sex With Me To Lure Women

Sure Jan!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322January 22, 2018 2:24 PM

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 323December 30, 2018 8:21 PM

[quote]Chicago she supposedly got from approaching Rob Marshall and working hard with him on her dancing and then he became her champion for the role.

I thought Renee was fine in the role except for some of the dancing, especially the last number. I've never really understood why Rob Marshall chose her over Toni Collette, but who knows, maybe Weinstein did have something to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 324December 30, 2018 8:57 PM

He totally porked her.

by Anonymousreply 325December 30, 2018 8:57 PM

R325 = Harvey

by Anonymousreply 326December 30, 2018 9:38 PM

Renee Zellweger and Jennifer Lawrence look a lot alike to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327December 30, 2018 10:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!