Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Am I Going To Die Over A Pair Of Sneakers ?

While blood is pumping out of the brachial artery in my arm, pooling at my feet and soaking through my shredded North Face coat, jeans and Nike Air Zoom Tallac Lite boots, I am in shock. My entire left arm is numb, but oddly enough I can still feel the warmth of my blood steadily flowing down my leg.

"Am I going to die?"

"Yes. I'm going to die here over a pair of sneakers."

Bystanders camped out at House of Hoops on 125th Street rush to dial 911, but everything moves in slow motion for me as I call the only person I can think of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 6, 2018 7:14 PM

Dumbest people on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2017 9:07 PM

These are the people Democrats are banking on to rise up in self righteous indignation when Mueller releases info about Trump's collusion, money laundering and human trafficking.

Good luck, Democrats. As you can see, the bruthas and sistas got other priorities. Meek Mill is in jail and something has to be done about that first.

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2017 9:11 PM

[quote] "Yes. I'm going to die here over a pair of sneakers."

Or at least burn down a city.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2017 9:14 PM

Don't point out the white people in R3's photo. It'll make him cry.

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2017 9:19 PM

Taking a pair of Nike Mags makes me feel better about Michael.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2017 9:20 PM

This thread is simply an invitation for racist screeds.

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2017 9:25 PM

They do this everywhere..not only the USA.

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2017 9:34 PM

Better run, better run, faster than my bullets...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2017 9:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 6, 2018 6:30 AM

they buy them to resell and some of those "kids" are paid by other people to stand in line and buy them.

by Anonymousreply 10February 6, 2018 6:34 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 6, 2018 4:29 PM

And the reason for bumping this old racebaiting thread is...?

by Anonymousreply 12March 6, 2018 4:34 PM

Killing for someone's else's kicks is a real problem. It's nothing to laugh about.

If it were not for systemic racism and white supremacy, young black men would not feel the pressure to build their self esteem by wearing $300 Jordans. Whitey is complicit in all black violence.

by Anonymousreply 13March 6, 2018 5:21 PM

What is with those people and shoes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 6, 2018 5:41 PM

Silly as part of this article is that somebody who has spent hundreds of dollars on a pair of sneakers but may not have Internet access or a credit card available

by Anonymousreply 15March 6, 2018 7:07 PM

Shoes do really have power over some people to make them go ga ga. It's weird when one thinks of it from the abstract: fetishes, hoarding, stealing, collecting, status, etc. I'd like to know how many urbanites seem to keep those all white kicks looking so clean and new. Are they buying them weekly? Even blokes riding the subway and walking all over town have these bright white pristine pairs.

by Anonymousreply 16March 6, 2018 7:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!