Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone buy any Crypto coins? I did, and I have made 75 GRAND. AND COUNTING. I invested Five thousand dollars. HOLY CRAP.

Some say its the old tulip psychology. Those are the old time thinkers. Who ever thought (30 years ago) that you could shop from a screen, and basically NEVER have to hold money- that it would be digital, for the most part? Well, now digital money is in its infancy- and people are getting rich ( I bought at the suggestion of my cousin who now has 3 MILLION DOLLARS sitting in his bank account, and he keeps making more.

Get in while you can. Or, if you are too old to consider tomorrow's currency- live on your retirement. SMH.

by Anonymousreply 247November 19, 2018 9:15 PM

OP, you are wrong. It’s a shitty currency. Now if you want to argue it’s merits as an investment instrument then that’s another story but do not lie and say it’s a good currency.

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2017 7:27 PM

OP, of course it’s a tulip thing. I suggest you take your principle out not, if you need it, and enjoy the ride. The important thing to remember is that, if you don’t sell high, you will of necessity sell low. What I mean is, of course no one knows the high point, but if you will never sell because the item is “up”, then you will only sell after it has fallen down, by definition, capeesh?

Btw, I applaud your smarts and good luck.

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2017 7:30 PM

Well, shitty made me money. See? You are all wrong. Of course its an investment instrument. I said nothing about using it as currency. YET. Stock market is getting involved in a few days. Don't buy into it (pun intended). You will wish you had. Nobody wants centralized banking anymore- inflation creation for the rich- this currency is more honest. There is no manipulation. Mark my words. It is here to stay, and in 30 years it will be THE universal currency.

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2017 7:31 PM

You should take some profits. Convert about half of it to cash, and after taxes you would still have about 500% profit; then leave what you don't convert to go higher or drop dramatically. Nothing goes up for good. It is clearly bubble driven right now.

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2017 7:32 PM

OP, you should look into the tax consequences. If it is taxed at your regular income, so be it. If it is taxed at cap gains rates, it is taxed at a lower rate after a year of ownership. Do you know all about that? It’s useful to fully understand all this before year end.

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2017 7:35 PM

It is a bubble right now. BUT- BTC WILL go to a million. Sounds nuts, I know. But, it will. It will be THE currency- that and some alts. This is basically today's answer to the gold rush, or even early Netflix, Apple, etc. It is a digital world now. And, it is travelling quickly. Paper money, centralized banking, it will all go away. The mere fact that the US Stock market is getting involved is striking. Hedgers /short sellers will effect short run, but it will stay and continue its soar in the next 7 years. One BTC will be worth a million. No doubt. Get on the train while its there.

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2017 7:36 PM

A poorly written post that sounds like a shill doesn't exactly instill me with confidence about this exciting investment opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2017 7:37 PM

Congrats, OP! When will sell? You should have a price in mind. Adjust it, if need be, as things change, but set a price. Otherwise, you’ll hold until the bubble pops. The tulip bubble popped over a matter of days, iirc.

by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2017 7:38 PM

One BTC will NOT be worth a million US dollars. If you’re waiting for that, OP, you’ll lose everything.

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2017 7:40 PM

Yes, R7, your opinion about the grammatical quality of a post (or the message-not sure which you meant) surely has everything to do with crypto coins. Educate yourself. Oh, and stop being a judgmental asshole. That may help you in your daily life. Everyone hates you, and that sucks for you.

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2017 7:41 PM

Thanks, R8- well, we shall see. I started with 5 grand- so, I will hold steady. It continues to climb. And, I am sure we will have a dip in few days once it can be invested via Ally etc. But, it is here to stay.

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2017 7:44 PM

R11, how old are you? Experience makes a difference. Either that, or being a student of economic history. Do you have a backstop?

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2017 7:54 PM

OP, I almost bought, very early. But I got distracted and didn’t. Missed the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2017 7:57 PM

Why, yes, OP. I have quite a few.

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2017 8:01 PM

But now you need a giant computing lab in the Netherlands to mine them, so how do you get on the train? Is this stock you invest in?

by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2017 8:07 PM

Have fun...while it lasts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2017 8:10 PM

Meanwhile, I'm popping the corn here.

I say the crash comes shortly after New Year's, but timing these things is always a bit iffy.

We'll see. Enjoy the ride, folks!

by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2017 8:19 PM

There will not be a crash. This is tomorrow's currency. There will be a stabilization, but that will not happen for a long while. Too many investors are buying the coins like crazy. AND..remember----the coins have a limit. They cannot be printed like money. So, that makes them a lot more stable. There will be a weird frenzy once Ally invest is involved (et al) in a few days. But, the legitimacy factor will ease the frenetic movement a few days after----one BTC cost pennies in 2009. Now, the cost is 16,000 for one. The growth is exponential right now. "Crash" is not what will happen. Stability will. BUT------one coin WILL cost a million dollars. Bet on it. Hey, for the non believers, all good. Don't invest!

by Anonymousreply 18December 7, 2017 9:20 PM

Its not as easy as hopping onto your capital one and investing. There are quite a few steps involved before one can invest. You have to find a good exchange and get verified- you need to find a good wallet- one that is trustworthy. Hackers can steal the coins if they are not secured. This is not for someone that has no clue what is going on in terms of investing/cryptos/technological knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2017 9:24 PM

^

Typo. Technological knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 20December 7, 2017 9:25 PM

R12 I am 20 years old.

by Anonymousreply 21December 7, 2017 9:28 PM

I missed the boat on this one. I was looking at setting up an account when it first came out and never followed through.

by Anonymousreply 22December 7, 2017 9:29 PM

There was another thread about bitcoin when it was $6000. I had considered buying it but didn't and now i'm so mad because it's more than doubled!!!

by Anonymousreply 23December 7, 2017 9:30 PM

R12- no, there is no backstop in any exchange with crypto. Not in my case, I am an individual investor. I have also invested in a few "penny" cryptos and those have soared, thus far.

by Anonymousreply 24December 7, 2017 9:31 PM

it's gonna be trading on one of the major exchanges next week, how will that affect the price? I just bought a hardware wallet. which is what you need for buying right? i'm so new to this.

by Anonymousreply 25December 7, 2017 9:31 PM

Tips for noobs, please? What's a good amount to start with for investing?

by Anonymousreply 26December 7, 2017 9:32 PM

Yes, R23- I posted in October. It was 6000 dollars. It is now 16,000 dollars. I have encouraged my friends and they have made a lot of money. Even if the belief is that it will crash- may as well make money on it, right? But, it will not crash. It is the future of our currency.

by Anonymousreply 27December 7, 2017 9:33 PM

anyone use wall of coins? I don't want to link to my bank account. so i'm thinking of using wall of coins or ATM? any tips?

by Anonymousreply 28December 7, 2017 9:34 PM

R26, you decided how much you want to risk. just like any other investment. don't put in your rent money!

by Anonymousreply 29December 7, 2017 9:36 PM

Noobs:

If you want to buy Bitcoin, it is very expensive right now. 16,000 for one coin. But you can buy smaller (0.0067 will cost about 900). So, you decide you want in. First, you have to find an exchange. Gemini is a good one. Run by the Winklevoss twins, out of manhattan. You will have to be verified. Once you are, you start buying. You have to link your account to transfer money or you can wire it. You also want to sign onto a site that offers security for your BTC (or ethereum...whatever coin you buy). Myetherwallet is a good one. I suggest you read a bit about buying BTC ( or any of the coins). Ethereum is also a great one. It is up and down, but up more than down and a great investment and money maker. Right now, one Ethereum coin is 444.00 dollars. Started a LOT cheaper, like BTC. Ethereum is on its way up. Lots of big players in this one.

Do some reading about this------you will NOT regret it.

by Anonymousreply 30December 7, 2017 9:39 PM

True story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 7, 2017 9:43 PM

I use Coinbase. I bought about $250 about a year and a half ago because I thought I would use it to buy some things if I went overseas. Didn't think about it for awhile. It's worth over 7k now. It's definitely a bubble and it is not, as it stands, the future of money. I bought something with a small amount of it a few weeks ago and it cost almost $20 for the $190 transaction! And the network took an hour to process it. I've heard the transaction fees skyrocketing almost overnight are why Steam has stopped accepting it as a payment option. The network is overloaded and it is just going to get slower with the transaction fees higher.

So, it definitely needs some improvements if it is going to function as a stable currency. And it is way, way too volatile right now. I don't know when it will crash but you will be able to hear the screams around the world. Especially when that company starts trading it and people start short selling it.

Also it split in August I think. Allegedly I have the same amount of Bitcoin (Bitcoin Cash I think?) in that currency due to the split, but Coinbase can't process it yet.

by Anonymousreply 32December 7, 2017 9:46 PM

Guys I’m young and clueless, so be patient. So, you buy a percentage of a coin(because most cannot afford/risk 16,000) for 900. You wait months, then it’s value has gone up to whatever thousands. Then what? You sell it for the profit before the bubble bursts or wait and see if it goes up more? Is it hard to resell these? Do you have to do everything yourself, or is there an agent at a bank or something? Where is this done? A certain building in NYC? Or online? If you lose or get scammed you’re only out 900 bucks right?

by Anonymousreply 33December 7, 2017 9:56 PM

R32 It definitely is the future of money. Not as it stands now, of course. But, in 30 years it will be our currency. There are MANY companies that accept it as payment (whole foods, overstock, microsoft, expedia, Gap, Etsy...to name a few). Guess what happens when Amazon accepts it? It explodes. It is just a matter of time. This is not if. It is when. The more you buy, the higher the fee. The network overload is another thing. If you invest in NVIDIA (chip) you will make more money too. They will be skyrocketing too- the computers that mine the coin use a LOT of power. Both electricity/CPU/flash/Semiconductors- so investing in that tech is great too.

Here's the difference between Tulips and BTC. BTC offers the very thing that our current currency offers- WITHOUT a centralized control! This is why investors are putting money and trust into it. It is not horseshit, it is not like the dot come bubble. Those that say this know very little about BTC.

by Anonymousreply 34December 7, 2017 9:57 PM

R33- you buy a piece of the coin, and that coin is placed in your "bank" on the exchange. Only you can access it. Like your online bank account. You sit on it, and let it build. There will be ups and downs. A lot of short sellers go in, wait a week make a profit and sell. It acts like the stock market. You sit or you can sell. On the exchange, if you sell, you will get your fiat (USD) and you can put in your bank account. Me, I suggest you buy and hold steady. It will go up it will go down. In ten years, it will be worth a LOT. IT is all done on the exchange. An online structure that acts very much like a bank. Coinbase, Gemini..these are good exchanges.

by Anonymousreply 35December 7, 2017 10:00 PM

But is Bitcoin mining ethical considering the power usage and it’s connections to the black market underworld?

by Anonymousreply 36December 7, 2017 10:01 PM

TRX is a CHEAP alt coin that is growing by the day. I bought some of that. We shall see. Tron- it is less than a dollar. Has gone up 49 percent in a day.

by Anonymousreply 37December 7, 2017 10:02 PM

R36- is US currency, or any of it "ethicsl"? Morality/ ethics and finance are normally mutually exclusive and dichotomous, aren't they? JP Morgan and Vanderbilt were not exactly moral individuals. But, when you ask about ethics and mining and partner it with power usage- the US are the largest power consumers in the world. Mining, on the other hand is not exclusive to this country. The black market/underworld deals with all currency.

The beauty of Crypto? The rich fat cats that run the central bank will have ZERO say or power over the trade/finance or future of the currency.

by Anonymousreply 38December 7, 2017 10:06 PM

Where’s the catch? It sounds too good to be true. You buy this Monopoly money for a few dollars and then it turns into gold? How do you convert it’s sale to cold cash? Do you have to pay fees to maintain the account it is in or to protect it’s safety? Can you be just a nobody from Nowheresville with an iPhone, or do you need lots of steps in place, like firewalls, private server, Lifelock etc? Do you need a credit history?

by Anonymousreply 39December 7, 2017 10:09 PM

Genius are r38 the point that the power usage associated with mining BTC is unsustainable.

by Anonymousreply 40December 7, 2017 10:10 PM

Do they record your SSN? What ID do you need? Does it put you on a no-flight list or FBI watch list?

by Anonymousreply 41December 7, 2017 10:10 PM

I intend to buy it without linking bank account. in case I get hacked etc.

R41, some places(exchanges) require SSN and bank account info. your bank will definitely call you to make sure it isn't fraud. that's what I read, you will get a call from your bank.

by Anonymousreply 42December 7, 2017 10:12 PM

Yeah r40 has a point. I don't like that it's burning up more power than it takes to run a small country just to keep the network running as is. $20 to make a $190 transaction is ridiculous, it used to be like five cents.

by Anonymousreply 43December 7, 2017 10:16 PM

R39- it is not monopoly money. If you think about it this way, it may make sense- isn't our current money akin to monopoly money BUT for the fact that we all accept that it is worth something? It really isnt worth anything but the paper it is printed on. There is no gold standard. So, it is a psychological thing ( and of course, more than that only because the govt says it is our method of exchange). Yes, you have to pay fee's to buy, like you would if you are on capital one. Or any trade exchange. Yes, you can buy/sell and convert to USD and transfer right back into your actual bank account. You can be a nobody, but as a nobody, you must still do certain things to buy. You HAVE to register onto an exchange (Gemini, Coinbase). They will verify you ( you will need to upload ID, etc) You can then sell, buy, etc. You should do some research, learn about the crypto. You will be surprised at how ACTUAL it all is. Each exchange offers different rates AND coins. With Gemini, you can only buy Ethereum and Bitcoin. I think Coinbase may be the same. So, you want to research WHAT coin you want to invest in and see what exchange trades that crypto.

by Anonymousreply 44December 7, 2017 10:20 PM

R40, R43 you are thinking in the moment and not looking at what will be. Power is basically infinite on a quantum level. Quantum computing will be the future. So, the methods now being utilized will change. We will have quantum powered PC in a few years.Vastly complex exchanges can be handled using quantum power. They are already a realization. Just have not yet been distributed. Give it five years.

by Anonymousreply 45December 7, 2017 10:26 PM

What about the electronic banking conspiracy?

1. The world is introduced to virtual forms of currency. This began centuries ago with any non-valuable form of money. 2. The world is lulled into use of non-physical forms of payment as preferred form of payment. 3. Non-physical money takes over for all transactions. 4. The group who masterminded the plot erases accounts and puts all of the virtual money into their control. 5. This allows a new power structure to form, where the mastermind group, who is corrupt makes most of the world it’s slaves.

Google it. Sounds far fetched, but it’s interesting. Oddly, can’t find it on Wikipedia any more. Coincidence?

by Anonymousreply 46December 7, 2017 10:36 PM

R25- Did you go and register onto an exchange? A hardware wallet is only to secure your digital coins. Without an exchange the wallet is no good. You dont have to have that unless you are super concerned about hackers. Online wallets are very secure (myetherwallet, for example)

by Anonymousreply 47December 7, 2017 10:38 PM

But I don’t want to upload ID. Can I verify credentials in person?

by Anonymousreply 48December 7, 2017 10:39 PM

R46 the crytpo currency can be stolen if you are hacked. Just like a bank account. Unfortunately, this sort of thing can happen just as it did years ago when ppl put their money in a safe, or wherever. The conspiracy about which you write is one that is not probable. We are more likely to be victims of hackers.

by Anonymousreply 49December 7, 2017 10:41 PM

R48, no I don't think that you can. Everything is electronic.

by Anonymousreply 50December 7, 2017 10:42 PM

Wall of coins doesn't need ID but needs SMS verification. I'm thinking of using this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 7, 2017 10:45 PM

It’s all good until the power grid is destroyed or the world floods.

by Anonymousreply 52December 7, 2017 10:49 PM

R45 they've been talking about quantum computing being " a few years away" for decades, and there's no viable consumer option or use for it yet. And if they do, it also means people will mine bitcoin a lot faster. They need to fix the way that transactions are verified, so it is faster.

by Anonymousreply 53December 7, 2017 10:50 PM

Remember that many millions of dollars of this stuff have vanished into thin air, allegedly due to exchanges being hacked. Buyers had no recourse.

Also, you might not want to invest in something just because an anonymous voice on the internet claims it’s great.

by Anonymousreply 54December 7, 2017 10:53 PM

I don't want my personal info tied to it because it's up and coming and you know it has potential to be the future of money and many important people don't want it to be so definitely lots of hacks will be in its future and has already happened.

I intend to invest maybe just a few hundred to start. just a small gamble. I am not banking on it to make me rich.

by Anonymousreply 55December 7, 2017 10:55 PM

R53 it is coming. Five years. This has been a dream of many scientists since the 80's, yes. But, now...it is possible. You'll see, lol!

by Anonymousreply 56December 7, 2017 10:55 PM

R54, I am anon, yes. But, all you have to do is research it. Look, if you don't like the idea, dont do it! No shame in that. But, I posted in October when it was 6,000 dollars. I am simply posting again. I don't care if anyone buys or not. I posted because I was curious to see if anyone else here has invested in it! Truth be told, unless ppl have a LOT of money to invest, there won't be too much money made. Unless one of the lesser known alts do the same at BTC.

by Anonymousreply 57December 7, 2017 10:59 PM

R54, that's why you need the bitcoin hardware wallet. store your coins in it! That's where I would store my coins, not on exchanges.

by Anonymousreply 58December 7, 2017 11:40 PM

R58, yes, but if you want to buy or sell bitcoins, you have to go through an exchange.

by Anonymousreply 59December 8, 2017 3:38 AM

Can I interest anyone in some Confederate Currency? It's the currency of yesterday!

by Anonymousreply 60December 8, 2017 5:25 AM

So, OP ripped this from the headlines, as BC was on the news with Lester Holt 12 hours ago. They showed a mid American couple who got to have a dream wedding because their dad had bought BC when it was cheap. Then Nightly News said it would skyrocket soon, and then also featured some naysayers. I’m intrigued. What’s the harm if you’re only out 900 bucks?

by Anonymousreply 61December 8, 2017 10:18 AM

R61, actually - I did not rip this from the headlines. My BTC jumped in value. Again. I decided to post another BTC thread bc it is a good time to invest. Or not, who cares if someone decides against it. I do encourage it for those who like to invest- but, for those that see this as todays tulips or a bubble-keep your money in a savings account, or wherever. It is not affecting me or effecting my balance! If ppl listened to me in October, and invested 6 grand, they would have 17 grand right now. Ppl could sell whenever they want. In any case, nobody is being forced to buy into this lol.

by Anonymousreply 62December 8, 2017 11:08 AM

R60, there is a huge difference! The greybacks value was inherent upon a takeover of the yankees. The value of the BTC is inherent upon the future of technology. The future of technology is promising, its growth is exponential. It is also inherent upon the confidence that the coin will outweigh the dollar and ppl will opt to use digital currency. The reason why it has made people millionaires is bc many companies (whole foods, etsy, gap...............) have decided to accept digital money. Your comment was made when BTC was pennies. Those that believed in the future of the BTC invested in it and are millionaires many times over. The future is moving quickly into our present. The adalere was scoffed at and now look how it is made many millionaires. The doubters will always be. Luckily, believers exist. If doubters ruled, this site would not exist.

by Anonymousreply 63December 8, 2017 11:39 AM

OOps. Typo. Adelere is not a word.

by Anonymousreply 64December 8, 2017 11:39 AM

I started a thread on here back in March about an annoying co-worker who had everything he owned in Bitcoin, and the replies were very much like the ones in this thread. Since then he's probably up something like 5X, I know he's gone from about $20,000 to well over $100,000 in less than a year.

We all know it's a bubble, and you would have to be an idiot to buy into it, but Jesus, being smart is costing me a lot of money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 8, 2017 12:15 PM

"It's different this time!"

by Anonymousreply 66December 8, 2017 3:36 PM

[quote]the coins have a limit. They cannot be printed like money. So, that makes them a lot more stable. There will be a weird frenzy once Ally invest is involved (et al) in a few days. But, the legitimacy factor will ease the frenetic movement a few days after----one BTC cost pennies in 2009. Now, the cost is 16,000 for one. The growth is exponential right now. "Crash" is not what will happen. Stability will. BUT------one coin WILL cost a million dollars. Bet on it.

How the fuck is that stable, numbnuts?

by Anonymousreply 67December 8, 2017 3:40 PM

There's money to be made but it won't last, the world won't tolerate any non traceable currency. It won't catch on via the Internet because it's non-traceable (in theory) and you can get ripped off.

Look at eBay, in the beginning for every three things I bought, I got ripped off on another. So I had a 75% success rates. Buyers quit buying till eBay started heavily favoring the buyers with new rules. It took 20 years but it happened. I would never buy anything except via credit card (not debit) because the protections are so much stronger.

In the late 90s you had all those tiny countries becoming tax havens and money laundering posts and they did well. But that stopped once the rest of the world caught on and demanded they stop. Nothing that isn't traceable will last, but that doesn't mean there isn't money to buy and sell now.

by Anonymousreply 68December 8, 2017 3:45 PM

What minute were you born?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69December 8, 2017 4:10 PM

Hey R69, guess what? CRAIGSLIST accepting BTC as of today.

The suckers to whom you refer? Are those that believe shit will stay as it is. Lol!

by Anonymousreply 70December 8, 2017 5:17 PM

#Bitcoin: World’s biggest bank with no actual cash. @Uber: World’s largest taxi company that owns no vehicles. @facebook: World’s most popular media, creates no content. @Airbnb: World’s largest accommodation provider, owns no real estate. Times are changing people.

Those that prefer to stay seated will always miss out on opportunities. - Qubit Waldo

by Anonymousreply 71December 8, 2017 5:22 PM

Suckers are born every minute. And cashing in the dough every second.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72December 8, 2017 5:24 PM

Japan already recognizes BTC as a currency. Russia, India, Estonia, US, Denmark (whose goal is to get rid of cash entirely and use crypto), Sweden, the Netherlands, Finland, S. Korea. Yeah, it's not going anywhere.....

by Anonymousreply 73December 8, 2017 5:36 PM

R68. Untraceable? BTC is just that. Guess what is NOT traceable???? Ask the Russian mob, lol!!!You clearly have ZERO knowledge of BTC and alts. Miners and ledgers trace every bit of the coin!!!! Research

Ebay like all BILLION dollar ventures have early glitches. Just like BTC. Your comment about the late 90's and laundering belies your entire issue about tracing currency. BTC IS TRACEABLE. Current currency---not so much as you have written.

by Anonymousreply 74December 8, 2017 5:41 PM

R68

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 8, 2017 5:43 PM

Ah, the brave new world of millennials... There's no There there, everything's electronic, everything is riding the coat tails of something or someone else - who did the actual work. Fuck every single one of you smug, sheltered, self-satisfied, little shits.

by Anonymousreply 76December 8, 2017 6:05 PM

R76, the only thing that those words that you have typed have proven is that you are now your parents. "Get off of my lawn", "kids these days" and now the ol' millenial slam (which, of course we do not see as an insult. Youth is great). You were once young, I imagine. And, now it is our turn. That last sentence says so much more about your position in life (intellectually, emotionally) than it does about anything else. You have become that person that you feared you might become. Sorry for you, sir. This phase in your life is all up to you. You can curse the youth of the world (which is really cursing your lost youth- and that is obvious to everyone but yourself) or you can embrace the grace of life- you have lived longer than a lot of ppl, old and young. In any case, that last sentence is so sad. And not for reasons that you believe.

by Anonymousreply 77December 8, 2017 6:48 PM

OP, learn how to spell "millennial."

by Anonymousreply 78December 8, 2017 8:41 PM

Do rentboys take bitcoin?

by Anonymousreply 79December 8, 2017 8:46 PM

"Times are changing people. " - idiot

Times are changing, people.

Both are true, but the amount of illiterate blathering hype on here, (it's? You stupid fucks) from OP to his numerous sock puppets, reads like a cross between a McDonald's intern shill and a deranged street corner preacher standing on a milk crate.

by Anonymousreply 80December 8, 2017 8:51 PM

This is the future. participate or be left behind. to each his own. thank OP for the tip!

by Anonymousreply 81December 8, 2017 8:54 PM

Fake money. Be duped, cuz its #trending

by Anonymousreply 82December 8, 2017 8:58 PM

Gee, thanks, R78. Brilliant!

R80, well...no comment. Cheers!

by Anonymousreply 83December 8, 2017 8:58 PM

^ Proof that OP is rabidly monitoring this thread and frenetically prosthyletyzing his scam.

by Anonymousreply 84December 8, 2017 9:00 PM

R84 you are so extra!

by Anonymousreply 85December 8, 2017 9:01 PM

OP/R85, you are so methed up suit brotard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86December 8, 2017 9:04 PM

[quote]This is the future. participate or be left behind.

Buy now or be priced out forever!!!

by Anonymousreply 87December 9, 2017 12:45 AM

So what happens to those left behind? They'll all find themselves with zero currency in the future? Yea...that's a system that's sure to take off.

by Anonymousreply 88December 9, 2017 12:47 AM

I’m so pissed, I had eight or so BTC very early on when they were about $50 or so. I basically forgot about them for a year until they had run up to about $400 apiece (about 2010 I think) but they were with a brokerage that ended up going down in flames, and I believe the head of it went to jail. I think this happened in Japan? Does anyone know what I’m talking about? It was one of the biggest early firms. A lot of people lost money. There were threats of lawsuits, but nothing ever came of it. There’s no way to recover them, as far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 89December 9, 2017 2:59 AM

Just looked it up, it was Mt. Gox. They were handling 80% of bitcoin and Mark Karpeles lost about 800,000 of them. I thought that would be the end of BTc. Surprised it’s still running. I’d have about 130,000 right now.

by Anonymousreply 90December 9, 2017 3:04 AM

I think this thread must be the 21st century equivalent of Joe Kennedy getting stock tips from a shoe-shine boy.

by Anonymousreply 91December 9, 2017 3:50 AM

You're assuming you would've held onto them this long though, R90.

by Anonymousreply 92December 9, 2017 4:20 AM

Money report on BitCoin today, 12/8/2017

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93December 9, 2017 4:56 AM

I am holding BTC and XMR, OP

by Anonymousreply 94December 9, 2017 4:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95December 9, 2017 5:32 AM

More than $70 million stolen in bitcoin hack

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96December 9, 2017 5:33 AM

"The year before, cyber thieves made off with about 19,000 bitcoins after breaking into European exchange Bitstamp.

Cybersecurity firm FireEye warned recently that North Korean hackers are stepping up their attempts to steal bitcoin in order to support Kim Jong Un's authoritarian regime. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97December 9, 2017 5:36 AM

There's A Bitcoin In My Butt And He Is Handsome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 9, 2017 5:46 AM

[quote] but they were with a brokerage that ended up going down in flames, and I believe the head of it went to jail. I think this happened in Japan? Does anyone know what I’m talking about? It was one of the biggest early firms. A lot of people lost money.

And this happened to "real" money until the GD and the establishment of Federal Deposit Insurance. This is why foreigners like to park their money in real estate which is crippling LA, SF, DC and Miami, and also effecting place like NYC and Boston to a lesser extent. Cause even if a house value falls, you STILL have something, abet worth less but you can always use it for firewood.

by Anonymousreply 99December 9, 2017 6:21 AM

Thank God we never had that problem

by Anonymousreply 100December 9, 2017 6:22 AM

So, I’m poor. What is a low amount I can invest/buy, and if BC fails am I only out that amount of money? What are the extra fees?

by Anonymousreply 101December 9, 2017 9:15 AM

No, it's a sound investment, no really.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102December 9, 2017 10:53 AM

Um.....ya. It will go down. It will go up. You post a news article from yesterday to prove how BTC is a bad investment! Lol!

by Anonymousreply 103December 9, 2017 12:07 PM

Netflix has great doc on BTC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104December 9, 2017 12:10 PM

Or YT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105December 9, 2017 12:16 PM

[quote] Everyone hates you, and that sucks for you.

I like how OP at r19 kept getting angrier and angrier at someone's mild teasing until he finally had a full-on tantrum.

Why do these bros get so emotionally invested in crypto currency? Emotional choices when it comes to investments are a bad idea. Stay calm, use logic, and if something sounds too good to be true, it is. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 106December 9, 2017 12:37 PM

R106 Brah, why you hate on me so much? You posted this:

OP/R85, you are so methed up suit brotard.

And R84, et al posts.

Guess what, brah? You don't have to invest!!! LOL. You are cracking me up, Gramps!

by Anonymousreply 107December 9, 2017 12:44 PM

Interesting, OP. I actually considered this several years back, myself. I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I worked as a Financial Advisor for years (still do, but not at the moment, as I am purposefully taking a break), and I just couldn’t justify it.

I haven’t read this thread, but I plan to later on. I’m really interested in what others here have to say, rather than the boys at Market Watch or Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 108December 9, 2017 12:57 PM

R108, it is a mixed bag. The naysayers are in the majority, but there are several repeat posters. For those, they believe that I am looking to compel investments from them, lol.I simply wanted to let family know about this currency.Some ppl are downright mad about my post, lol.But that is ok b/c I think there is a source of regret or fear of change in the responses.Same was said of Amazon,FB,even the internet. Oh well. Cheers, 108!

by Anonymousreply 109December 9, 2017 1:02 PM

R109, I am pretty progressive and don’t mind taking occasional risks. And I research and invest in stuff that I never share info about with or to my clients, because of the huge risk. Interestingly enough, much like you seem to have done with your initial investment, I rarely go above 5K, if the buy in price allows me that. I would rather never lose 5K, but depending on external circumstances, I sometimes can afford to lose some cash.

Thanks for sharing, OP. I’ll read the thread later and perhaps come back with some questions.

by Anonymousreply 110December 9, 2017 1:11 PM

The bottom line is that nations will not allow the non-trackability to live long. This is why India recently remonitized it's currency, to get rid of the black money, that dominates it's currency. Even in the US they want to get rid of 100 and 50 dollar notes,, but I don't see that happening soon.

by Anonymousreply 111December 9, 2017 1:18 PM

R110 thank you for sharing your insight. Take a look at some of the Crypto currency articles written, and there is a netflix doc on it too.I do plan to keep 50 grand in, I bought Ether a few weeks ago, made a pretty good amount of $ on that too.

by Anonymousreply 112December 9, 2017 1:21 PM

By the way, OP, I do hope you sold within the last few day.

Another thing: yes, currency will change, but it must be measured and happen very slowly, or we go into economic collapse. I’m sure you already know that, but just sayin’.

I hope u weren’t sailing for manipulation of recent market fluctuations. If you do that, just say that’s what you’re doing. Most people here are retired or over 40, and can’t afford to fuck around with their money.

by Anonymousreply 113December 9, 2017 1:23 PM

Yes, R11.Spot on. The blockchains track every piece of the coin and can be tracked from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 114December 9, 2017 1:23 PM

oops R111 ^^^

by Anonymousreply 115December 9, 2017 1:23 PM

Correction: I hope u weren’t shilling for manipulation of recent market fluctuations.

by Anonymousreply 116December 9, 2017 1:25 PM

hey 113. Nope, I sure didn't!Longing it.I made several thousand in the last four days on Ether and LTC tho.BTC will go up again, no worries. Especially since CME announced its BTC involvement that goes live next week. Ally bank too.

by Anonymousreply 117December 9, 2017 1:25 PM

No, I sure wasn't 113.My intentions are above board and honest.I hate to see anyone miss an opportunity.For those that hate the idea, that's cool but early adopters may see it as an opportunity to make "coin".

by Anonymousreply 118December 9, 2017 1:28 PM

Yeah, I know. I didnt put R in front of R113.My bad.

by Anonymousreply 119December 9, 2017 1:28 PM

So the question now is: Would anyone here buy BTC at $16K?

by Anonymousreply 120December 9, 2017 1:57 PM

So let me get this straight: US dollars are "worthless" because they're no longer backed by gold, but Bitcoins are worth $15k because they're backed by...........

oh yea, nothing also. Yea that makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 121December 9, 2017 3:29 PM

I watched The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin on Amazon and was left with more questions than answers. And as Warren Buffet so wisely suggests, I don't invest in anything I don't understand.

by Anonymousreply 122December 9, 2017 3:32 PM

A wildly dynamic currency is *just* what the world economy seeks! Buy now!

by Anonymousreply 123December 9, 2017 3:43 PM

I put $750 into Ripple in September. It's worth over $2K now. So I like the way it's performing.

by Anonymousreply 124December 9, 2017 3:44 PM

I put $16K into Beanie Babies, and it’s already doubled in value!

Beanie Babies are the currency of the future! They will go to $1 million, trust me.

by Anonymousreply 125December 9, 2017 3:50 PM

Pssh! Tickle Me Elmo is where it's at.

by Anonymousreply 126December 9, 2017 4:03 PM

All my money is invested in Chaturbate tokens! It's the currency of MY future!

by Anonymousreply 127December 9, 2017 4:10 PM

[quote]There will not be a crash. This is tomorrow's currency. There will be a stabilization, but that will not happen for a long while. Too many investors are buying the coins like crazy

You better believe it.

by Anonymousreply 128December 9, 2017 4:13 PM

What about instead of trading directly with bitcoin , trade instead with GBTC (Bitcoin Investment Trust ), stock readily available with your regular online brokers just like any stock. Any thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 129December 9, 2017 4:53 PM

Here's a little tidbit I gleaned from talking to my Bitcoin guy at work yesterday. He has about $20,000 of real money invested in Bitcoin that's now worth about $180,000. Except, the exchange where he has all this limits him to $15,000 in transactions per week, not a problem when he was originally investing, but a major problem now since it would take him 17 weeks to liquidate. If Bitcoin starts sinking he's trapped.

Apparently he can raise those limits if he provides them with a SS Number, photo ID and all the other things he's loathe to give them since it sort of defeats the purpose of Bitcoin.

by Anonymousreply 130December 9, 2017 4:55 PM

Ecoin. We're happy to he

fg

lllllpp. Happp

p%$#%$n

&^((

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131December 9, 2017 6:02 PM

Did you hear about the kid who asked his bitcoin-investing dad for 1 bitcoin for his birthday?

His dad said, "What? $15,554??? $14,354 is a lot of money! What do you need $16,782 for anyway?"

by Anonymousreply 132December 9, 2017 8:35 PM

Think of this as a lottery. Just put in a couple of bucks. you're small potatoes. you get screwed by the govt, everything else, you can't get ahead, wages are stagnant, you can't afford to retire. Maybe you will hit the jackpot with bitcoin and others. but don't put in your rent or retirement money. just stop buying starbucks and put it in this.

Early days yet...I will never put in my SSN and ID. There will be hacks for sure and I don't need more pain in my life.

by Anonymousreply 133December 9, 2017 9:26 PM

ICO begins sales January 9.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134December 10, 2017 10:13 AM

Here's a little tidbit I gleaned from talking to my Bitcoin guy at work yesterday. He has about $20,000 of real money invested in Bitcoin that's now worth about $180,000. Except, the exchange where he has all this limits him to $15,000 in transactions per week, not a problem when he was originally investing, but a major problem now since it would take him 17 weeks to liquidate. If Bitcoin starts sinking he's trapped. Apparently he can raise those limits if he provides them with a SS Number, photo ID and all the other things he's loathe to give them since it sort of defeats the purpose of Bitcoin.

^ Ok, this sounds VERY sketchy. Here's why. This guy has 180,000 worth of BTC and he has chosen NOT to verify himself? His SS and ID are everywhere (Bank, DMV, Mortgage co's, work,...) and he is unwilling to provide the information to a CLEARLY legit exchange, even if it means the loss of funds? That is ridic! All he has to do is upload a pic and SS! Exchanges do this for verification reasons, very much like a bank does. Coinbase, Gemini, the legit exchanges- they are protecting YOU! Anyway, sounds ridic. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 135December 10, 2017 10:21 AM

R129 you can do that-you are paying a huge premium tho.

by Anonymousreply 136December 10, 2017 10:26 AM

Why is he keeping a money in his exchange and not his wallet? When you buy a bitcoin, you can move it to your wallet. There you control it in full. If you want to cash out, then of course you'll have to pay taxes for it, for find someone who will do an under the table transaction. Which again, is wrong, since you should be paying taxes on your gains.

I hate people that do shady shit, then complain when they get caught.

by Anonymousreply 137December 10, 2017 10:30 AM

R125 there is no comparison. BTC is a huge enterprise with millions of moving parts that fuel its movement. You could not buy goods from whole foods, the GAP, Microsoft, Reddit, Virgin, OK Cupd, expedia, Newegg, Bloomberg,JCPenney, DISH Network, Whole foods, Etsy, 4chan, Craigslist and a host of other companies with Beanie babies. The list grows everyday. BTC has been around for 9 years. It i used in many countries aside from here in the US. So, there is that.

by Anonymousreply 138December 10, 2017 10:38 AM

..IRS Says Bitcoin to Be Taxed As Gains; New Rule is Retroactive

by Anonymousreply 139December 10, 2017 11:28 AM

139 yes. And, while a lot of ppl hate to pay taxes, it does continue to issue the designation of legitimacy.

by Anonymousreply 140December 10, 2017 11:37 AM

R139 the government will continue to attempt to regulate the machinations of BTC. Taxes are just the start. But, they will be unable to insinuate their claws into the financial movement of the coin, as they have with banks-and now manipulate the value of the dollar on a constant basis. This will frustrate them and they will attempt to supress and end the BTC, but in the end the attempt will prove fruitless because everyday new multinational companies are accepting BTC et al as genuine currency. So, they will eventually fold (oh, another great stock btw!) and roll over and take only what they can get. Which is little based on the beauty of blockchains/ledgers.

by Anonymousreply 141December 10, 2017 11:42 AM

Here is the thing. I have had posters call me a shill, or looking to manipulate the price. First of all, I would have to "sell" this coin to hundreds of thousands of people in order to churn. Second, I honestly dont care if ppl buy or not. My cousin (who is really my second cousin and had a great part in raising me) is a guy who got in on the ground with google in early 2000's and Apple when he was 20. He bought a good deal of shares right after the respective ICO's and acquired a fortune. Sure, he took losses on some tech that he adopted early to, but the gains far outweighed the losses. Because of his early adoption strategies his kids and myself were lucky enough to grow up in very financially secure environment. I am a student at a great university and do not have to worry about loans. I say this because there were a LOT of naysayers back then. He has told me of many friends at the time that scoffed at laying down thousands on google, apple, etc..and obviously have tremendous regrets. I have learned that we all should share this sort of thing and for those that scoff, ok But for those that want to take a gamble (yes, it is with all investments) they are given the information. I know this is an anon site, and I hate to admit this, but I get offended when I am called a shill or whatev when I am just trying to put information out there. I had/have naysers friends too. But, I have also have friends that listened and they have literally over a hundred thousand dollars and more now. So, anyway. Thats my point. I am not looking to trick and be devious.

by Anonymousreply 142December 10, 2017 12:24 PM

Thanks OP. I am one of those who are kicking myself now but the whole endeavor seems too complicated for my elder-brain. And then there is the rising hysteria, low now but building, the FOMO factor. I have an idea of how that works on real estate but not crypto currencies.

by Anonymousreply 143December 10, 2017 12:34 PM

Hi 143- I get that..and that is precisely why I put this post up. If you want to know how to set up exchange, etc, I can post for you. Right now, Theta coin wil l be offering sales during ICO on Jan 9. They are offering ONE coin, or share for less than a dollar. I think you can get 8 for a dollar. Maybe read about Theta coin and see if its something that you want to dip your toes in- even if you put like 50 dollars in you can either make great gains or you lose 50 dollars.

by Anonymousreply 144December 10, 2017 12:39 PM

R143, FYI

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145December 10, 2017 12:45 PM

Ok I will look into that. Just how many crypto currencies are there presently? Who invents them? Ack too many questions.

by Anonymousreply 146December 10, 2017 12:47 PM

Theta token info. They will be using Eth- so, if you want to invest you need to buy ETH or BTC. You need to open an account in coinbase or gemini- then get a wallet like myetherwallet. Theta will be accepting funds thru wallets. This is info ONLY for those interested. Not trying to shill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147December 10, 2017 12:48 PM

So Theta is a start-up using Ether or BTC? And how do I set up an account? Sorry but I haven't read anything on this topic, just thought it was way out of my league (and maybe it is).

by Anonymousreply 148December 10, 2017 12:58 PM

I read the Medium website. Great idea. Don't know if buying Theta coins is for me, but I am very intrigued by the concepts being talked about re:use of cryptocurrencies. You're right OP, a new future is dawning.

by Anonymousreply 149December 10, 2017 1:09 PM

Hi 148. Theta is a start up that has ICO on the 8th of Jan- Feb. They will be taking ETH (and I think BTC....I need to check, or you can go to the site thetatoken.org). Here is what you have to do:

1. Register onto Coinbase or Gemini. Yes, you will need to give them information-ID, ss, they need to verify you are who you say you are. 2. Once you get on there, you can link your bank account to it. Yes, I know ppl hate this, but it is the way and they ARE legit. 3. It takes a bit for them to accept your funds, but they credit you for it. So, you are essentially a coin owner once you but crypto thru the site 4. So, now you have crypto (eth or BTc) 5. NOW YOU NEED A WALLET. A virtual wallet that you will need to secure your coins AND use to transfer funds to THETA. 6 Myetherwallet is what I use. You go on, register. SAVE YOUR PASSWORD. They DO NOT STORE FOR YOU. Once you register, you will be given access to use their destination address. This destination address is used to transfer money to THETA 7. Go onto the thetatoken.org site. REGISTER. It will ask you for your wallet address! It will use this so that you can buy during the ICO!!!!

by Anonymousreply 150December 10, 2017 1:09 PM

Thank you OP I will make a note of those steps.

by Anonymousreply 151December 10, 2017 1:15 PM

R146 there are MANY crypto currencies out there. Right now, the three best are Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin. Bitcoin is most widely accepted by many companies as currency. ETH has some as well, and will have more in the future. They serve different kings, essentially. Litecoin is moving too. There are many cryptocoins- and they may grow or not, hard to say.....

by Anonymousreply 152December 10, 2017 1:16 PM

You are welcome, R151. AND, thank you for not lambasting me for my typos!!!!! :)

by Anonymousreply 153December 10, 2017 1:23 PM

Yes understood. Nevertheless I feel excited to follow up this topic. Thank you OP for answering my questions and just generally trying to educate about a radical (to me) new direction in our tech. Before I read this thread I just thought oh forget it, but now I am beginning to get interested. Who knows, indeed?

by Anonymousreply 154December 10, 2017 1:28 PM

R151, they accept only Ethereum-so if you do it---buy Ethereum (ETH) on Gemini or Coinbase. For the purpose of getting Theta Tokens!

by Anonymousreply 155December 10, 2017 1:29 PM

Theta coins are good because they are at entry-level prices? Which will be used to pay for tailored content?

by Anonymousreply 156December 10, 2017 1:33 PM

R154 I feel excited for you. This not only because you are venturing into an entirely new world, but I love that you are willing to do so at your age. And, I say "your age" only because you called yourself an elder, lol! All you have to lose if whatever you put into Theta. If you are willing to risk fifty bucks, you may gain a lot more. So, like as with ANY stock-it is all a risk. Put in only what you are willing to risk/lose! The tokens are, I think, 15 cents each. So, you can buy 300 tokens for fifty dollars. If the tokens reach even 5 dollars after a year, you have made 1455. Who knows where the price will go. Can go nowhere or can go very high. Point is, worth a chance!

by Anonymousreply 157December 10, 2017 1:37 PM

[quote] I have learned that we all should share this sort of thing and for those that scoff, ok

Gee, thanks for sharing NINE YEARS LATER after a meteoric mania-driven frenzy has completely detached BC's price from any sort of actual underlying value. No one is buying BC for BC anymore--they're only buying it because they expect it to continue going up. We've seen this all before. Same shit, different toilet paper.

by Anonymousreply 158December 10, 2017 1:43 PM

R156 ok, so THETA is going to offer HUGE video/tv/streaming products through a sharing bandwith system. It is a bit complicated unless you are privy to the intricacies of coding/streaming/etc...but, in a nutshell it is decentralizing what is now controlled by cable etc........Here is info from site: (you can go to silvertv.com or the medium article I posted) A decentralized network with no single owner would allow anyone to upload their content. Theta tokens, which will be mined by the network in a new blockchain, will be the currency to allow users to “reward” streamers and content creators directly. This method of gifting virtual currency or goods to streamers has already become popular in China.

by Anonymousreply 159December 10, 2017 1:43 PM

R158 I was 11 years old nine years ago, lmao.

Your post could apply to any stock, lol.

by Anonymousreply 160December 10, 2017 1:47 PM

Stock prices generally take into account a company's earnings. How much is Bitcoin's earnings?

by Anonymousreply 161December 10, 2017 1:50 PM

R161, bitcoin is a currency. That is like asking me what the US dollar earnings are-it is not a valid question. Your post, in terms of your question regarding risk was analogous as my point.

by Anonymousreply 162December 10, 2017 1:57 PM

[quote]This method of gifting virtual currency or goods to streamers has already become popular in China.

Yes, following China is such a good idea....

by Anonymousreply 163December 10, 2017 1:59 PM

R163 they stopped. cuz they cannot regulate, they realised.

by Anonymousreply 164December 10, 2017 2:03 PM

There are currently over 1200 cryptos being offered. ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings) come up frequently and are analogous to the IPO craze of the Dot Com boom. Which ones will survive is hard to say. Looking at the charts though, most have crapped after their ICO, so buying into a brand new coin probably won't be the straight skyrocket to millions that people are expecting.

by Anonymousreply 165December 10, 2017 2:09 PM

So 1 bitcoin = $11000

That's how much I would have to invest for just one coin right and hope it keeps going up?

by Anonymousreply 166December 10, 2017 2:10 PM

Anybody know anything about Etherium?

by Anonymousreply 167December 10, 2017 2:10 PM

I just had a friend (who is not financially savvy in the least) call me up and ask me what I think of Bitcoin & that he's thinking of getting in. God help us, if that isn't a sure sign of a bubble, I don't know what is. Reminds me of living in Las Vegas back in 2005 and watching all of my coworkers--people who had no business buying one house, let alone multiple houses--clamor to buy up any & all real estate they could get their hands on. Didn't matter the location, didn't matter the condition--just buy it!!! Sight unseen! I'd go to stores and restaurants and all you'd hear was people talking about how much their real estate was worth and how they were getting rich in their sleep. Well that ended in tears. When every Joe Schmo is jumping in with the expectation of greater & greater gains without any regard for underlying value, that is the definition of a mania-driven bubble. And all bubbles end in tears. Watch and learn, 20yo guru. I wish you luck in your ability to jump ship in time.

by Anonymousreply 168December 10, 2017 2:11 PM

R166 you do not have to buy an entire coin. You can buy a percentage of it. On exchange, you enter price it will calculate percentage.

by Anonymousreply 169December 10, 2017 2:11 PM

Wow...the future's looking bright with 1200 different currencies to choose from!

by Anonymousreply 170December 10, 2017 2:13 PM

R168 you make me laugh! I am sure "a friend" called you about this after you have been posting negative posts about it.

Don't buy BTC lol!

by Anonymousreply 171December 10, 2017 2:13 PM

With Wall St getting involved, they are going to sell this thing HARD at some point. Guaranteed. There will be another opportunity to get in at a lower price, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 172December 10, 2017 2:14 PM

R165, Theta is not a cypto coin.

by Anonymousreply 173December 10, 2017 2:15 PM

True story! You can choose to believe me or not. You can also tell it's a bubble because every fourth story on the internet right now is about Bitcoin. You're not old enough to see the signs...yet. We eIders have seen it all before. Bubble, bubble toil & trouble

by Anonymousreply 174December 10, 2017 2:17 PM

^ Crypto

by Anonymousreply 175December 10, 2017 2:17 PM

R170, but keep in mind the number of publicly traded stocks is many, many times that. There still manages to be standouts among them. My point being cryptos are in their infancy...maybe even embryonic. Some will crap but others will emerge as standard bearers.

by Anonymousreply 176December 10, 2017 2:19 PM

A fool and his money are soon parted.

by Anonymousreply 177December 10, 2017 2:19 PM

R168 it is not a true story, And, your naysaying is natural. The great thing? You don't have to buy ANYTHING you don't want to!

by Anonymousreply 178December 10, 2017 2:20 PM

R165, I know, I was making the point about the pattern with ICOs.

by Anonymousreply 179December 10, 2017 2:20 PM

R177, a fool makes bedfeathers of his money.

by Anonymousreply 180December 10, 2017 2:21 PM

^^Oops, I meant responding to r173.

by Anonymousreply 181December 10, 2017 2:21 PM

R179, of course any ICO, IPO is a chance. The market is for risk takers and a bank is for the rest.

by Anonymousreply 182December 10, 2017 2:24 PM

Kid, I've lived through enough bubbles at this point to realize that no matter what I tell you, you're going to dismiss it. You've got your cheerleader outfit and pom poms on. I have just one favor to ask: Please update us here the day you choose to sell your BC along with your sell price. I'm going to bookmark this thread and will check back in the future to see whether you beat the rush to the exits, or if you were among the bag holders. See you in the future!

by Anonymousreply 183December 10, 2017 2:26 PM

183, Sir, you have also lived through the greatest opportunity to invest in the best stock offered at IPO/ICO and you didnt take it. If you had, you would not regret it. Instead, you have lived with a position that no risk is worth it. And, now your source of regret is manifesting and oozing onto this posting. Thing is, sure- it is a risk. But, I was raised by a man that is now a multi millionaire because he took that path that you snubbed by virtue of your propensity to weigh risk/loss and decided upon non venturing. And, that is fine. Again, nobody is making you buy. My posts are simply conveying my experience. BTC has been around nine years and it grows exponentially in terms of its acceptance daily- which is why the cost is soaring. It will stabilize just as amazon did, FB did, Google did, etc.

You seem to be angry at all of this. And it is odd.

by Anonymousreply 184December 10, 2017 2:31 PM

^R183

by Anonymousreply 185December 10, 2017 2:32 PM

The future's market on this opens soon, I wonder what will happen when the ability to short this is allowed?

by Anonymousreply 186December 10, 2017 2:35 PM

Also,R183, I have made one hundred thousand dollars solid that has been transferred into my bank account. The 75 grand is on ETH. So, if everything is lost today, I lost only five thousand dollars of my own money, gained a hundred thousand dollars.So, your post asking me to post later- don't bother bookmarking it. Just keep information above. Follow the BTC/crypto gains and losses and imagine what I lost or gained. I don't plan to post another post in the future on this whether I make a million dollars-or lose it.

by Anonymousreply 187December 10, 2017 2:39 PM

^

I won't post a NEW, original post, that is. Didn't mean that I am taking my marbles and going home, lol.

by Anonymousreply 188December 10, 2017 2:40 PM

R177 you also posted this:

I’m so pissed, I had eight or so BTC very early on when they were about $50 or so. I basically forgot about them for a year until they had run up to about $400 apiece (about 2010 I think) but they were with a brokerage that ended up going down in flames, and I believe the head of it went to jail. I think this happened in Japan? Does anyone know what I’m talking about? It was one of the biggest early firms. A lot of people lost money. There were threats of lawsuits, but nothing ever came of it. There’s no way to recover them, as far as I know.

So, there's that. Lol

by Anonymousreply 189December 10, 2017 2:43 PM

R186 as a futures they will bet for and against it. They will have to decide at the turning point which way to go. Odds are (considering how evolved Crypto has become) the hedging will decrease.

by Anonymousreply 190December 10, 2017 2:57 PM

Even if you wanted to be a short seller- had you invested 4 grand in Eth, last week you would have 7 grand to transfer into your bank account. I invested some of the 75 grand that I made on one Crypto, bought LTC and turned 40 grand into 120,000 grand. My dorm mate decided to listen - and did the same. He now has 150,000 on a fifty grand investment (he risked his entire savings-maybe not smart, but certainly worth the risk in retrospect). He bulled and shorted. This is just my point about this coin. Right now, the prices on the top three Cryptos are climbing by the day. For those of you crying "bubble", read a bit about how the largest companies in the world are switching to blockchain. Hell, you can hear it on some commercials. As I said, this is the future. It will be too late to invest soon b/c the prices will be too high. Blockchain is the future people. Read about it.

by Anonymousreply 191December 13, 2017 7:59 AM

#notabubble

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192December 13, 2017 8:01 AM

Obvious Pump & Dump is Obvious.

by Anonymousreply 193December 13, 2017 9:14 AM

R193 how is it "obvious"? Is it all of the legit companies that are now backing crypto? Is it the future of blockchain? Is it the manifestation of a currency that is more trust-worthy by way of its decentralization with a solid ledger? What seems 'obvious' here is your lack of knowledge in terms of cryptocurrency. Those kind of statements only invoke a clear reflection of the fact that you are a luddite.

by Anonymousreply 194December 13, 2017 10:46 AM

From the best school in the country. :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195December 13, 2017 10:54 AM

I wonder if the shill on this thread is the same shill that was pushing driverless cars on the driverless car thread?

by Anonymousreply 196December 13, 2017 11:45 AM

No, I am not the same, R196. You may want to look up the definition of "shill" tho, lolz.

by Anonymousreply 197December 13, 2017 11:48 AM

I would have to effect change through virtually four hundred thousand people at this point to come close to "shill". Even then, would still have very little effect in terms of a churn!

Cheers R196!

by Anonymousreply 198December 13, 2017 11:50 AM

But, R196- the driverless car will also be a very common sight in the future.

by Anonymousreply 199December 13, 2017 11:53 AM

Ha, maybe you are the same shill. Certain companies want to push driverless cars but there are multiple problems with the concept.

by Anonymousreply 200December 13, 2017 12:19 PM

[quote]It will be too late to invest soon b/c the prices will be too high.

Translation: GET IN NOW OR BE PRICED OUT FOREVER!!! (A fear tactic line used heavily by Realtors back in '04, '05 and '06 during the bubble run-up). And how exactly are these the currencies of the future if everyone's gonna be priced out?

by Anonymousreply 201December 13, 2017 12:36 PM

At least driver-less cars have an underlying value. Crypto coins are literally swapping NOTHING for ever-increasing prices. The investment of the future!

by Anonymousreply 202December 13, 2017 12:38 PM

The Emperor has no crypto coins

by Anonymousreply 203December 13, 2017 12:44 PM

Right now the transaction fees for a bitcoin exchange are far too high to use the currency, defeating the purpose of having it.

Until it's widely accepted there's no point to it? Unless you're doing something shady and dodgy. And if that is the case, then the government will stamp it out when it becomes a popular exchange. Does anyone honestly think any government anywhere is going to allow you to hide money?

This isn't to say you can't make money from it, but it will be back to it's hundred dollar level when is only a matter of time. Just like interest rates won't stay near zero forever your checking account will go up, but when?

by Anonymousreply 204December 13, 2017 4:02 PM

R204 that is simply not true AT ALL. The fee is relative to the amount.

It IS widely accepted.

There is a lot of money to be made, lol.

by Anonymousreply 205December 13, 2017 5:43 PM

I want in, ME TOO,....

How do I purchase this sure fire way to a secure future?

by Anonymousreply 206December 13, 2017 5:46 PM

R206 research, pal.

by Anonymousreply 207December 13, 2017 5:48 PM

R202, you are wrong. Why write something like that before you know what you are stating? Your statement is patently false.

by Anonymousreply 208December 13, 2017 5:51 PM

R202A key factor in the price of any cryptocurrency is its utility. If you cannot use it for something, be it an investment or for payments, then it would have no or little perceived value. In the case of Bitcoin, it is usable for payments on a reasonably high and ever increasing scale, meaning that its utility is high. Its high difficulty and energy usage give it a reasonably high price and as such can be used for an investment. The changes to utility can cause price volatility.

In the case of Ether, as it was designed a smart contract platform this is a practical utility, which increased the price of Ether over many other alternative cryptocurrencies.

What is the almighty dollar but a perception?

by Anonymousreply 209December 13, 2017 5:55 PM

I think I saw Sally Struthers pushing this on TV.

by Anonymousreply 210December 13, 2017 6:00 PM

Yes, I am sure you did. Ahem.

by Anonymousreply 211December 13, 2017 6:07 PM

I think I saw Thomas the Tank Engine pushing Sally Struthers, well trying to anyway

by Anonymousreply 212December 13, 2017 6:08 PM

I remember cause she screamed at me “do you want to make more money? “

by Anonymousreply 213December 13, 2017 6:16 PM

"Of course, we all do"

by Anonymousreply 214December 13, 2017 6:19 PM

And, ironically-your posts suggest just the opposite LMAO!!!

Way too funny, guys!!!

by Anonymousreply 215December 13, 2017 6:41 PM

Well that didn't take long. Told ya so, told ya so!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216December 22, 2017 8:11 PM

Finally! An OP I am actually jealous of. Even after today’s drip.

by Anonymousreply 217December 22, 2017 9:27 PM

Cuh-rash! You're broke. HaHaHa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218December 22, 2017 9:28 PM

"The Bitcoin Crypto Christmas Song By Crypto Yardie"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219December 23, 2017 2:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220December 23, 2017 6:32 AM

It crashed but it's still up around 14k - so not too bad.

by Anonymousreply 221December 23, 2017 8:37 AM

R221, Yes, 14k From $0, so there are many who did well. Billionaires!

by Anonymousreply 222December 23, 2017 9:10 PM

Makes no sense to me but I hope you all get rich. Just dropping this off

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223December 24, 2017 2:21 AM

HOLY SHIT. THANK YOU SO MUCH OP!!!!!!!!

I bought XRP on the day that you posted. I fucking made 100,000 on 10,000!

YOU ARE A GENIUS. I LOVE YOU!

by Anonymousreply 224December 29, 2017 7:36 PM

It went down but it's not a crash. It is supposed to come down to about $6,000. It will go up again, next time I predict a $40,000 peak. So buy at $6,000 and wait. The next peaks will be at 40k, 100K and 1 million.

Don't forget you'll lose half to taxes and a few thousand to transaction fees.

by Anonymousreply 225December 29, 2017 8:31 PM

Sink you! Ewe mekkin Kim velly litch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226December 29, 2017 8:35 PM

LOL R225 has a crystal ball! Must be nice!

by Anonymousreply 227December 30, 2017 8:55 AM

So you sold your XRP, R224?

by Anonymousreply 228December 30, 2017 8:58 AM

r227

Yes, 40K by 2020 and 100K by 2025 and 1 million by 2040.

Buy one or two coins when they fall and sell high. Don't forget you lose half to taxes and the transactions fees will be high, so buy one extra to sell and pay those off.

by Anonymousreply 229December 30, 2017 11:15 AM

Got a tip on Ripple. I bought at $0.17 and right now it's at $2.30 - forecasts say in 2018 we could see real movement between $15 and $45. I'm good with that.

by Anonymousreply 230December 30, 2017 12:08 PM

WE'RE ALL GONNA BE RICH!!!!! IT'S DIFFERENT THIS TIME!!!!! THE FUTURE IS AWESOME!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 231December 30, 2017 6:34 PM

"These fish are for trading, not eating (the parable of Bitcoin)"

In summary:

[quote]There are grand claims being made about the extraordinary future for Bitcoin and other cryptos. Just consider some of the claims of the cryptomaniacs: Cryptos are going to take over the world; the future of global finance/commerce belongs to Bitcoin and (name your favorite 8hitcoin); cryptos will bring governments to their knees; Bitcoin will become more valuable than all the Gold that has ever been mined; and, cryptos will replace all fiat currencies. To some degree these claims may become true. But for now Bitcoin has gained almost no traction as a functional medium. In fact, Bitcoin (and the other cryptos) have almost entirely been a vehicle for price speculation. As such, at least at this time in history Bitcoin and its distant cousins are very little different than a pile of dead fish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232December 30, 2017 7:05 PM

R230, which exchange you got Ripple? Interested on it as I think right now there's lot of upside to it vs. bitcoin.

by Anonymousreply 233January 3, 2018 12:21 PM

I bought the PAC coin early, literally made 500 grand and sold. HOLY SHIT.

by Anonymousreply 234January 16, 2018 2:48 PM

...so, thank you again, OP......crazy times. I really didnt know much about it. But since OP posted I read and researched. I have really made a ton of money. Maybe I am lucky. It is down now, and I reinvested a small amount that I made. PRetty sure it will pay off. Again. OP is a fucking genius. You all should have listened to him. I started with a lousy 2 grand for fucks sake now I have 500 fucking grand. HOLY SHIT. Or, should I say HODLY shit...lol.

WHERE IS OP???

by Anonymousreply 235January 16, 2018 2:51 PM

R235 = OP

by Anonymousreply 236January 16, 2018 2:53 PM

I truly am NOT OP!!!

by Anonymousreply 237January 16, 2018 2:54 PM

..I bought NYC coin too-I live here-and its a good investment. I think it will continue to build. VERY CHEAP right now. Some businesses in NYC take it already...and more to come.

by Anonymousreply 238January 16, 2018 3:35 PM

below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239January 16, 2018 3:36 PM

I listened- and I invested ten thousand dollars when BTC crashed. I made five thousand and counting. Not bad.

by Anonymousreply 240February 20, 2018 4:33 PM

I made $10K on my 20 shares of Amazon since August.

by Anonymousreply 241February 28, 2018 11:14 PM

So! Has it hit $1 million yet? LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242November 19, 2018 7:05 PM

There was another thread where OP made a lot of money, he actually posted to tell us to buy and soon enough it hit really high but it has now come down. I wonder where that OP is? I can't remember what he bought it at.

by Anonymousreply 243November 19, 2018 7:19 PM

"GET IN WHILE YOU CAN!!!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244November 19, 2018 7:39 PM

[quote]There was another thread where OP made a lot of money, he actually posted to tell us to buy and soon enough it hit really high but it has now come down. I wonder where that OP is? I can't remember what he bought it at.

As with most get-rich-quick schemes, especially ponzi schemes, you only make money when there is a greater fool. You need other people to invest in order to make money...until people stop buying tulips and they become worthless.

by Anonymousreply 245November 19, 2018 8:01 PM

Pay for some decent investment advice and a good accountant. You'll end up with more than you will with a crackpot cryptoscheme that will crash and burn, burning you.

by Anonymousreply 246November 19, 2018 8:05 PM

I'm a younger, amateur investor, just starting out a couple years ago and fiddling around with the market and different low-risk stocks. I invested a very small amount in crypto (<100) just to play around with and get some experience with it. And on the off-chance it does take off, it would be cool to be a part of that market and have some bragging rights. I was warned by a more experienced investor that cryptos' success is dependent on any of them becoming a viable currency. He did say that it would likely happen, and there is certainly an appreciable interest in cryptocurrencies. But when they become viable is completely up in the air and no one can predict it with any accuracy. To the extent you have money to invest and can afford to lose it, I don't see the problem. But yikes, I feel for anyone who made any significant investment.

by Anonymousreply 247November 19, 2018 9:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!