Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

NPR suspends Leonard Lopate and Jonathan Schwartz!

More substantiated accusations of sexual harassment. I won't miss Jonathan and his incoherent ramblings too much but I've always enjoyed Leonard's noon show while I work.

These two follow The Takeaway's John Hockenberry who was suspended from NPR last week.

Well, we'll always have Terry Gross.

by Lakshmi Singhreply 14Last Sunday at 11:40 PM

No, the accusations are not substantiated. Go back to sleep, Mabel.

by Lakshmi Singhreply 112/07/2017

How can you be sure we'll always have Terry, OP? Who knows whom SHE may have had?

by Lakshmi Singhreply 212/07/2017

I'll vouch for Terry!

by Lakshmi Singhreply 312/07/2017

Anything new on the Leonard Lopate investigation?

According to the NY Times, he was shocked to be accused and denies all allegations. I really hope that's true. This one hurts.

by Lakshmi Singhreply 412/07/2017

I'm shocked too. My assumption is that, after letting a lot of harassment go on at WNYC, and being criticized for it, the station is now suspending anyone that ever had anything negative said about them by any woman.

Would not be shocked if some snowflake* complained about a compliment on her outfit or something, which old guys think is nice for a woman to hear.

Laura Walker gets a half million a year to manage WNYC, and she's not going anywhere except kicking and screaming!

[italic]*I'm a liberal, but do snowflakes exist? Yes, they certainly do.[/italic]

by Lakshmi Singhreply 512/07/2017

I hope Melissa Clark didn't accuse Lopate of touching her buns?

by Lakshmi Singhreply 612/07/2017

I am as liberal as they come but I agree with the Weekly Standard on this — both Lopate and Rush have lost important positions without even being told the specifics of the accusations. If #metoo becomes a Stalinist witchhunt, the many true stories of sexual harassment and assault will be tarnished by association.

by Lakshmi Singhreply 7Last Sunday at 8:45 AM

The Lopate complaints are apparently from GUESTS

by Lakshmi Singhreply 8Last Sunday at 8:47 AM

My elderly mom is very tired of these snowflake meltdowns over "a boy getting 'fresh' " as attempted rape.

by Lakshmi Singhreply 9Last Sunday at 8:56 AM

That’s completely bizarre, r8 — he’s on live radio. They march in, he talks to them, they march out. When would he even have the chance to harass them?

by Lakshmi Singhreply 10Last Sunday at 7:53 PM

Behold the witch burners on the Left.

by Lakshmi Singhreply 11Last Sunday at 10:05 PM

Oh dear.

by Lakshmi Singhreply 12Last Sunday at 11:35 PM

R10, maybe he was a creepy toucher? Maybe he was the kind of man who stares at a woman’s breasts and avoids eye contact?

I was imagining that he might have been inappropriate with producers who are young and naive, but I don’t see how he could assault a guest, either.

NPR has been very open about the problems they’ve had over there. I’ll give them that. I listen to WNYC daily, but I don’t always agree with their party line.

by Lakshmi Singhreply 13Last Sunday at 11:39 PM

heh heh heh heh

by Lakshmi Singhreply 14Last Sunday at 11:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!