Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nathan Fillion

I recently watched the movie "Waitress" with Nathan Fillion. imdb doesn't list a spouse. What are my chances?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 2, 2018 6:32 PM

All the stories about how big of a douche he was to his co-star on Castle, Stana Katic, turned me against him.

I'm not a fan of hers, but the stories of the crap he pulled demonstrates how big of an jackass he is. I kind of laughed that he basically had her fired and his show got cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 1December 6, 2017 2:36 AM

He reminds me of Brendan Fraser, in that he was once incredibly hot and then inexplicably became fat.

Both had great bodies back in the day, nice senses of humor, and BDF.

by Anonymousreply 2December 6, 2017 2:38 AM

Stana Katie was a bitch from day one on Castle. She was rude and imperious to the crew. It’s no wonder Fillion had it with her finally. ABC should have dumped her after the first season and brought someone else in.

Dana Delaney did a guest shot as a cop and she and Fillion had incredible chemistry. Too bad she wasn’t the co-lead instead of Katic.

by Anonymousreply 3December 6, 2017 2:43 AM

Fun Fact: Fillion played the husband of Dana Delaney's character on "Desperate Housewives."

by Anonymousreply 4December 6, 2017 3:03 AM

He was so attractive when he was in shape.

by Anonymousreply 5December 6, 2017 3:21 AM

I got a big fat azz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 6, 2017 3:27 AM

What I wouldn't give to be that stone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 6, 2017 3:41 AM

Well, he ate too many Joey specials, if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 8December 6, 2017 4:22 AM

Thats a gorgeous ass.

by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2017 4:46 AM

He's dropped a lot of the weight since CASTLE.

I think he's simply dreamy!

Sigh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 6, 2017 5:05 AM

[quote]Stana Katie was a bitch from day one on Castle. She was rude and imperious to the crew. It’s no wonder Fillion had it with her finally. ABC should have dumped her after the first season and brought someone else in.

That's not what all the gossip blogs seem to say back when we had a long-running discussion on the subject on DL.

Personally, I thought he was hot back in the days of Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza place when he played the titular Girl's boyfriend. Now that was a good show with Fillion, Ryan Reynolds, and Richard Ruccolo.

But, I digress. If there are contrary stories about which one of them was the ass, I'd be interested if you can point the way.

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2017 3:54 PM

He has anger issues...when guesting on Craig Ferguson's late night show, he came on wearing a kilt. Someone asked him what was underneath and he replied, quite testily, "Your mother's lipstick!".

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2017 3:59 PM

R11 I read Stana liked to shadow the directors and would want to try different takes of a scene whereas Nathan just wanted to get the job done.

by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2017 4:00 PM

I always thought that Nathan was an easygoing guy who is well-liked in Hollywood. But the Stana story also changed my opinion of him. Even if she was a bitch, it sounds like he wasn't much better.

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2017 4:03 PM

My heart goes out to the supporting cast who were forced into unplanned unemployment because of Nathan and Stany's massive egos!

by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2017 4:08 PM

r12 He wore a kilt?! You wouldn't tease a boy, would you?

by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2017 4:11 PM

Lol r16, of course not!!! I remember the episode well. Maybe it's on YouTube!?!??

by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2017 4:40 PM

Unless you're a walking carbohydrate, OP, I don't think you have much of a chance.

by Anonymousreply 18December 7, 2017 5:15 PM

Maybe OP is sweet enough to eat!

by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2017 5:56 PM

I've liked him since Buffy. He does look better on Modern Family than he did on Castle.

I really don't know the story behind Castle and staff conflicts R15 "planned umeployment"? If there is an industry where one should always being planning for unemployment it has to the entertainment industry. Also is it telling the way the show ended? Both lead characters killed? Maybe that is the producer's message that they were both assholes?

by Anonymousreply 20December 7, 2017 7:06 PM

[Quote] I've liked him since Buffy.

He was good on Buffy.

[Quote] Also is it telling the way the show ended? Both lead characters killed? Maybe that is the producer's message that they were both assholes?

Is that seriously how the show ended? How did they die?

by Anonymousreply 21December 7, 2017 7:11 PM

I'm Team Nathan on the Nathan vs Stana battle. He's been praised as the nicest guy on many other sets, and she was being a deceitful cunt and stirring shit up, which seems to be a thing for her.

by Anonymousreply 22December 7, 2017 7:19 PM

Is she a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 23December 7, 2017 10:46 PM

It does appear he’s lost a lot of the extra weight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 27, 2018 2:14 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 27, 2018 2:15 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 27, 2018 2:16 AM

It’s telling that we’ve heard nothing of Stania Katic since.

No one wants to work with her.

by Anonymousreply 27May 27, 2018 2:19 AM

The finale of Castle was filmed with two endings. The first, which would have been used if the show had been picked up for another season, had Katic’s character dying. The second - the one that aired - had them surviving and then showing a jump of five years where they are happily married with child.

by Anonymousreply 28May 27, 2018 2:22 AM

What was more outrageous was he was piling on the weight on Castle and SK kept her weight in check. The fact that the show got cancelled after SK got let go/no renewal also is telling of how much faith they had in him, whether it be carrying the show or that he was just as much of a pain.

by Anonymousreply 29May 27, 2018 2:25 AM

He was on the last couple of episodes of "American Housewife" this year, as well as the season finale of "Modern Family." And his new series where he plays a 40-something rookie cop was picked up by ABC.

by Anonymousreply 30May 27, 2018 2:46 AM

To me he will always be the young sexy Joey Buchanan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 27, 2018 2:59 AM

He looks better than he’s looked in a while.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 1, 2018 1:22 AM

[quote]The fact that the show got cancelled after SK got let go/no renewal also is telling of how much faith they had in him

What a ridiculous comment. The show ran for eight seasons. It was showing its age, and there was nowhere to go with it. It had never been a number 1 show (like NCIS), so renewing it for one more season, with or without Katic, would have been a dicey proposition.

And Katic WAS a bitch, and very unliked by audiences as well as co-workers, in the first season. It was kind of amazing that ABC stuck with her. At least they changed her awful hairdo, which helped, and by the third season she was more likable in the role. But all the gossip sites were full of how disliked she was on set when the show started.

by Anonymousreply 33July 1, 2018 1:37 AM

R33, I can believe that all the gay gossip sites were full of how disliked she was on set. The rest of them, not so much. I wonder why that was.

by Anonymousreply 34July 1, 2018 3:40 AM

Girls, girls! Fillion and Katic were BOTH insufferable cunts!

by Anonymousreply 35July 1, 2018 6:40 AM

He's hot. I'll take him fat.

by Anonymousreply 36July 1, 2018 8:12 AM

He looks fucking GREAT again! Wow! What a difference.

(But I agree, R36; when he was "fat" I harbored the notion that he could be mine. lol)

I didn't really know of him pre-Firefly. I love seeing him so young in that soap opera upthread!

by Anonymousreply 37July 1, 2018 8:22 AM

Wasn’t that Waitress director murdered because she was mean to the help?

by Anonymousreply 38July 1, 2018 10:54 AM

[quote]Wasn’t that Waitress director murdered because she was mean to the help?

The actress/writer/director was murdered because an illegal murdered her. She was in her office in Greenwich Village. In another apartment, a man was doing construction work and playing his music loudly. She went and asked him to turn it down. He followed her back to her apartment and murdered her. He almost got away with it because he took a sheet and hung her and the NYPD, total fuckwads that they are, just chalked it up to suicide. When they were forced to take a second look, they found a bootprint that belonged to the man.

by Anonymousreply 39July 1, 2018 2:12 PM

I thought he was really sexy with the extra weight. That ass!

by Anonymousreply 40July 1, 2018 4:55 PM

[Quote] I didn't really know of him pre-Firefly. I love seeing him so young in that soap opera upthread!

You never watched Two Guys And A Girl?

by Anonymousreply 41July 1, 2018 5:26 PM

R41 - I had heard of that show but never watched it.

I didn't even watch Buffy, Firefly, or Castle, really. Just the last couple episodes of Firefly (and the one with dat ass).

NF is an actor about whose skills I have no basis to comment. Just his hot-as-fuckness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 1, 2018 11:20 PM

Katic was a truly horrible person. The big rift happened when Katic went off on a very junior crew member for no reason and Nathan let her have it. She could not take it that he defended an "inferior". She has a Serbian/Croatian background and has an Eastern European notion of people who are not part of your clan are sub-human.

Nathan, on the other hand does not have the best work ethic. He is lazy and tends to goof off, to everyone's annoyance. He can be very nice and is gay friendly, but at the same time he can be a frat-boy douche. He is straight.

by Anonymousreply 43July 1, 2018 11:39 PM

Viki Sleezak walks in on her son (Nathan) doing it with her arch enemy Dorian.

Starts at 5:20 into video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 1, 2018 11:45 PM

Part two were Viki Sleezak tells Dorian to stay the hell away from her son (Nathan)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 1, 2018 11:47 PM

The director probably made the immigrant worker feel subhuman like Trump would. Was she such a delicate flower she couldn’t handle music playing in NYC? I bet she’s sorry she went off on the poor guy now.

by Anonymousreply 46July 2, 2018 10:42 AM

Is Fillion still friends with raging douche canoe and homophobe, Adam Baldwin?

by Anonymousreply 47July 2, 2018 2:10 PM

[Quote] I didn't even watch Buffy, Firefly, or Castle, really.

I haven't seen Firefly either, only Serenity. He was good as the villain Caleb in the last season of Buffy.

[Quote] Nathan, on the other hand does not have the best work ethic. He is lazy and tends to goof off, to everyone's annoyance.

Wasn't he only working 2 days a week on the last season of Castle because of their feud?

[Quote] Is Fillion still friends with raging douche canoe and homophobe, Adam Baldwin?

I'm sure he is.

by Anonymousreply 48July 2, 2018 5:23 PM

I think he is on friendly terms with the entire Firefly cast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 2, 2018 5:38 PM

Sucks that Adam was such a douche to Sean.

by Anonymousreply 50July 2, 2018 5:47 PM

[quote]What are my chances?

Fat & slim.

by Anonymousreply 51July 2, 2018 5:58 PM

Has Sean ever commented on Adam and/or vice-versa?

by Anonymousreply 52July 2, 2018 6:04 PM

[Quote] Fat & slim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 2, 2018 6:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!