Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

*BREAKING* Bryan Singer Fired from Queen Biopic!

More to come!

by Anonymousreply 97January 25, 2019 3:36 AM

Story below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2017 9:16 PM

[quote]According to another insider, Singer has claimed he is suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder because of the tensions on the set.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2017 9:23 PM

[quote]Singer had been warned before production began by both Fox Film chairman and CEO Stacey Snider and Fox Film vice chairman and president of production Emma Watts that they wouldn't tolerate any unprofessional behavior on his part.

So Singer has a history of unprofessional on-set behavior?

Is this common knowledge?

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2017 9:27 PM

I didn’t realize that another thread had already started. It’s odd, because I searched and did not find one, posted this, and then searched again, and found the one linked.

My apologies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2017 9:29 PM

Why does he get big jobs? I mean, he's made, what, one outstanding movie? That was almost 20 years ago. Is there such a dearth of directorial talent in Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2017 9:33 PM

R5 He knows who the pedos are higher up. They pay for his silence by giving him movies to direct.

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2017 9:34 PM

Just in time...

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2017 9:43 PM

Yeah, R5, I find that odd too.

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2017 9:44 PM

Preemptive and precautionary. Something big is coming up.

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2017 9:51 PM

When he goes down, I hope he admits that he is an out of control pedophile rather than claiming gaiety. We don’t need to have his crap tarnishing the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2017 9:54 PM

R4 we will use this thread because this is the correct subject header for the big news

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2017 9:55 PM

From what I understand, word of mouth from friends in the know, Singer has been disappearing from the set for hours at a time, or coming in late, leaving early, ever since the Weinstein story broke. Sometimes he wouldn’t show up at all.

So this behavior didn’t just start. Now he’s completely “gone”, and has been, hence the firing. I have no info as of yet.

I apologize if this has already been posted in the Halls/Bomer thread. I have been really busy and haven’t had time to go through them.

But yes, he’s been MIA.

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2017 10:01 PM

Well he has a baby now. 😉

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2017 10:06 PM

He's freaking out. Blackmail probably, #metoo related.

by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2017 10:06 PM

[quote]Why does he get big jobs? I mean, he's made, what, one outstanding movie? That was almost 20 years ago. Is there such a dearth of directorial talent in Hollywood?

Unusual Suspects, X-Men, X-Men 2, House, Days of Future Past.

He has been quite successful.

by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2017 10:08 PM

Stick a fork in him

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2017 10:10 PM

👍

by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2017 10:11 PM

Well, so do hundreds of working directors world wide, r13. They show up to work, and are only left off the hook via death of a spouse, child or illness or accident that renders them unable to finish the project.

Making a film isn’t like showing up a few hours late at the office due to car trouble.

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2017 10:12 PM

Apparently he has a history of disappearing from sets. Has done this on two previous films as well, but everyone assumed drugs were the cause.

by Anonymousreply 19December 4, 2017 10:14 PM

Yes, this is true, r19.

by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2017 10:17 PM

Stay with us, R12!

by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2017 10:17 PM

r19 Mr. Singer was probably exploring sensual delights. That's more important than any movie.

by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2017 10:19 PM

I will do my best, r21. I have lots of stuff I’m wrapping up before 12/19/17, so if I disappear for a few hours here and there, I’ll be back to check in, unlike Singer.

by Anonymousreply 23December 4, 2017 10:20 PM

R23 Tell us all the gossip you know, darling! Greetings from Deutschland :P

by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2017 10:23 PM

Yeah it was only in recent reports I found out Singer has a history of this behavior.

I know he likes his drugs and sex, but didn't realize how often he let them disrupt his work.

by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2017 10:24 PM

He will never be President.

by Anonymousreply 26December 4, 2017 10:26 PM

Will this affect my X-Men residuals?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 4, 2017 10:28 PM

I have a story to tell...

by Anonymousreply 28December 4, 2017 10:34 PM

The ashmore twins lived with Singer for a while, which I always found very unusual.

by Anonymousreply 29December 4, 2017 10:36 PM

On the stand...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 4, 2017 10:37 PM

R29, you just know that Singer had a taste of those twins back when they were teens...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 4, 2017 10:39 PM

According to Deadline, the DP was frequently having to actually direct the scenes he was shooting because Singer couldn't be found. And Singer was fighting with most of the cast and having screaming fits on set and once threw something heavy at mild-mannered Malek. It also said the studio had been looking for a replacement director for a couple of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2017 11:20 PM

Alan Smithee steps in.

by Anonymousreply 33December 4, 2017 11:54 PM

You know, I can direct as well

by Anonymousreply 34December 5, 2017 12:07 AM

Singer aside, this Queen/Freddie Mercury biopic seems cursed from the onset.

I love Queen, and Freddie Mercury was the best vocalist in rock n roll history. I was really excited when rumblings of making this film first began. Then the drama started with Brian May, Cohen pulled out as the lead and now this.

by Anonymousreply 35December 5, 2017 12:53 AM

[quote]Stick a fork in him

Just be careful if you do.....that could be quite an explosion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 5, 2017 1:01 AM

Let's just hope he doesn't pull another 'Spacey'.

by Anonymousreply 37December 5, 2017 1:08 AM

His brand new PR guy, David Geffen, will take care of things.

by Anonymousreply 38December 5, 2017 1:13 AM

So far, the beauty of all this is that no one need come forward to "take down" Bryan Singer. Bryan Singer is doing a remarkably effective job of taking down Bryan Singer.

No one demanded he be fired for sexual misconduct (not yet, anyway.) He pretty much fired himself and at the same time rendered himself unemployable has a director of major Hollywood movies.

by Anonymousreply 39December 5, 2017 1:20 AM

He sounds like a hot mess

by Anonymousreply 40December 5, 2017 1:22 AM

I feel like we heard rumors during an X-Men film that he had wandered off, but I can't find the thread. Maybe it was a BI.

by Anonymousreply 41December 5, 2017 1:22 AM

Wait - WTF - his wife is Michelle Clunie, the best lesbian ever, in Queer as Folk?

by Anonymousreply 42December 5, 2017 1:24 AM

They're not married

by Anonymousreply 43December 5, 2017 1:49 AM

Statement from Singer!

“My parent is dying and no one cares!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 5, 2017 1:59 AM

“Bohemian Rhapsody is a passion project of mine. With fewer than three weeks to shoot remaining, I asked Fox for some time off so I could return to the U.S. to deal with pressing health matters concerning one of my parents. This was a very taxing experience, which ultimately took a serious toll on my own health. Unfortunately, the studio was unwilling to accommodate me and terminated my services. This was not my decision and it was beyond my control.”

Singer claims that he and Malek had patched up their differences after clashing.

by Anonymousreply 45December 5, 2017 2:00 AM

Not another Queen biopic. I mean I love Helen Mirren as much as anyone but she really needs to find a new role.

by Anonymousreply 46December 5, 2017 2:03 AM

Empress Bryana Singer has been living on borrowed time for years.

by Anonymousreply 47December 5, 2017 2:07 AM

“One of my parents”??? Wouldn’t most people just say my mother or my father? Maybe he is still deciding.

by Anonymousreply 48December 5, 2017 2:17 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 5, 2017 2:24 AM

[quote]And according to Radar, the producer had frequent late night benders turned into crippling hangovers and threw tantrums on set that made him infuriating to work with. 'He's in really bad shape and went on a crazy bender over Thanksgiving, basically telling the studio to go f**k itself,' an insider told Radar. 'He's been on bad behavior this entire shoot, staying out until 2 or 3a.m. every night and showing up to set completely hungover or worse.' This behavior comes at the same time that past allegations of the director's sexual misconduct have begun to resurface, which have all been denied by Singer.And Radar's source said that the 'straw that broke the camel's back,' was when the studio asked Singer if there were 'going to be any allegations dropping on him.' 'If he doesn't beg for forgiveness by tonight, he's out. Emma Watts [President of Production] is sick of his s**t,'

by Anonymousreply 50December 5, 2017 2:26 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 5, 2017 2:30 AM

[quote]There were also new claims being made against Singer that began to emerge, including one young man who alleged that the director touched him inappropriately over a decade ago.The thread detailing that claim was taken off Twitter however and the user's profile deleted, while a story on Yahoo about the allegation was taken offline.

That was the guy who said the Entin twins held him down while Singer molested him, and he said too that he fought Singer's pimp - Wayne Castro? or Tommy Johnson? off with a lamp

by Anonymousreply 52December 5, 2017 2:32 AM

I’m cynical enough to wonder if this very public bad behavior is a big set up for the eventual announcement: “Blame all of my bad behavior, including the sex pest stuff, on these nasty drugs that I’m addicted to. I’m off to rehab now. Please don’t bug me or my child. I look forward to being an A-list movie director when I get out of rehab in a few weeks.”

by Anonymousreply 53December 5, 2017 2:37 AM

He's done, the only question is will he crack and take down Geffen

by Anonymousreply 54December 5, 2017 2:41 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 5, 2017 2:44 AM

People, people. Brian came down with a very bad case of the flu. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 56December 5, 2017 2:46 AM

So meth, alcohol, and the constant pursuit of 16 yo twinks (remember, he’s filming in the UK, where the age of consent is 16) is now the good ole dying parent excuse.

I’m too lazy to look up the endless names of people who had dying parents while either filming on set, or touring while performing in a band.

by Anonymousreply 57December 5, 2017 2:54 AM

But did he ever make a GOOD movie?

by Anonymousreply 58December 5, 2017 3:00 AM

How old are you, r58? The Usual Suspects was directed by Singer.

by Anonymousreply 59December 5, 2017 3:21 AM

Yay!!!

by Anonymousreply 60December 5, 2017 3:25 AM

I hated The Usual Suspects, which I saw in first run, long before I had any idea who Singer was. Or Spacey, for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 61December 5, 2017 3:31 AM

Singer makes good movies. Too bad he's a creep.

by Anonymousreply 62December 5, 2017 3:35 AM

Bryan Singer's Fox Offices Shut Down

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63December 5, 2017 3:37 AM

is gravely ill a euphemism for fucked and dying twink

by Anonymousreply 64December 5, 2017 3:42 AM

I’m impressed how good Singer looks, considering his love of poppers, meth, and hard liquor.

Imagine how good he would have looked had he never gotten into that shit. I know he gets fraxel lasers and thermage done with fillers, but the body can only put up with hard partying for so long.

R64, those twinks are very young. They can withstand a few years of hard partying. Singer, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 65December 5, 2017 3:50 AM

He's getting fat.

by Anonymousreply 66December 5, 2017 3:57 AM

You would get fat too if you were under constant suspicion, believe me!

by Anonymousreply 67December 5, 2017 4:11 AM

[quote]I’m too lazy to look up the endless names of people who had dying parents while either filming on set, or touring while performing in a band.

Or stayed in the competition and won an Olympic medal after hearing their mother suddenly died.

by Anonymousreply 68December 5, 2017 5:09 AM

So, is the film still going to be completed for a Dec. 2018 release? Will Singer's name be struck from the credits?

by Anonymousreply 69December 5, 2017 5:30 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70December 5, 2017 5:15 PM

Too ugly to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 71December 5, 2017 11:00 PM

Tell that to Charles Laughton's ghost, R71.

by Anonymousreply 72December 5, 2017 11:12 PM

So his parent was sick during the filming of X-MEN APOCALYPSE?

by Anonymousreply 73December 6, 2017 12:31 AM

R63 My brother is currently working on a project at Fox and is a couple bungalows away from Bryan Singer's. He sent me a pic of the movers moving all Singer's shit out which was kind of fun, but unfortunately he didn't really have any good gossip for me to share here. He just said no one is surprised and people are just annoyed he's been able to get away with this shit for so long.

by Anonymousreply 74December 6, 2017 12:50 AM

I would say Singer is going nuts because he is constantly meeting with his team and is writing huge cheques and knows he will be financially and professionally ruined when the dust settles.

by Anonymousreply 75December 6, 2017 1:08 AM

It's bound to be a piece of shit anyway with the surviving members wanting it to be about THEM mostly.

by Anonymousreply 76December 6, 2017 1:34 AM

I doubt the actor could be convincing as Freddie Mercury.

by Anonymousreply 77December 6, 2017 1:49 AM

I briefly met the Entin twins at a neighbor's party probably around 2009. The neighbors were a couple and one of them had brought about fifty twinks home from....? It was early-ish so it wasn't like the bars had closed or anything and they all looked like sweaty, 17-year-old, douche bros. I was introduced to the twins inside ("Oh, you're like the same person..."), while I was getting a drink, and later encountered them again out on the porch where a group of guys, including the neighbor I was friendliest with, were half-heartedly playing poker. I wish I could remember specifically what he did, but whatever it was, Edmund did something so awful (with his dick out of his pants) that the game ended and they were both kicked out. I just caught the tail end of the event of Edmund being really nasty to the other guy, my neighbor buddy ending the game and telling him he needed to go and then the twins standing on the curb deciding where to go next. I thought, at first, that my neighbor buddy and the other dude who was upset about whatever it was were over-reacting but I know they told me and my response changed to being totally creeped out.

by Anonymousreply 78December 6, 2017 2:38 AM

Destroyed. Loving it.

by Anonymousreply 79December 6, 2017 2:41 AM

Am I the only one who thinks he was cute? He looks weird and puffy now, but I would have done him in the 90s

by Anonymousreply 80December 6, 2017 2:59 AM

Why would you have a baby with a man with his reputation?

by Anonymousreply 81December 6, 2017 4:04 AM

[quote] Why would you have a baby with a man with his reputation?

The same reason Vincente Minnelli banged Judy Garland. But he's no Vincente Minnelli.

by Anonymousreply 82December 6, 2017 4:05 AM

"Why would you have a baby with a man with his reputation?"

Why did Helen Hunt and that Dianne woman "date" Kevin Spacey when they almost certainly knew his reputation like everyone else in Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 83December 6, 2017 4:09 AM

Just think, only a decade or so ago you'd have to have been witness to death and destruction to suffer from PTSD.

What wondrous times we live in!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84December 6, 2017 4:40 AM

Quite apart from its troubled history, the film looks doomed by its lead. Facially and bodily he's really not close enough to being FM. He looks like the keen but unconvincing singer in a Queen tribute band.

Sacha Baron Cohen might indeed have conjured FM better, but clearly he dodged a big bullet here, or at least a heavy object thrown at him by Singer. Sad, but there's loads of great original footage, so this doubtless airbrushed project seems misbegotten from the start.

by Anonymousreply 85December 6, 2017 5:15 AM

R78 there's been suggestions those twins were grooming young kids for their sugar daddies. Everyone who has reported meeting them says they are nasty, cruel and above themselves.

by Anonymousreply 86December 6, 2017 10:30 AM

Bryan and his crew are total trash. I can’t believe this man has continued to get work and that his demise hasn’t happened earlier. Even if he wasn’t a twink teen chaser, the drugs and booze alone rendered him useless and a poor bet from the onset.

The people who are responsible for putting this project on his shoulders are completel idiots.

I no longer have any interest in seeing this film. Just the egos involved with the remaining members of Wueen is enough. It’s incomprehensible to me that they do not seem to grasp that while they are obviously appreciated for their great work with Queen, no one ever gave a flying fuck, or even a penny, to see THEM on stage while Mercury was still alive. Without Mercury, there is no Queen, and NO ONE wants to see some movie about any of them.

Cohen dodged a bullet indeed.

by Anonymousreply 87December 6, 2017 11:09 AM

I'm willing to console the Entin Twins in my bed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 6, 2017 11:28 AM

r88 I think any man would be willing!

by Anonymousreply 89December 6, 2017 1:17 PM

R83, Helen would beard for Rip Taylor if she thought it would take the heat off her own closet.

by Anonymousreply 90December 6, 2017 4:36 PM

The Entin twins are creepy looking and belong in a horror movie or part of the Addams family.

by Anonymousreply 91December 6, 2017 8:19 PM

They are, r91. I wouldn’t want them in my house, much less my bed.

by Anonymousreply 92December 6, 2017 9:12 PM

LA is a severely fucked up place. All that money and zero fashion sense. Zero Taste. Where does all that money go?

by Anonymousreply 93January 25, 2019 12:18 AM

Isn't it odd how this is such big news elsewhere but we've been reading about it for years on DL.

So strange how only now people are catching on to him.

by Anonymousreply 94January 25, 2019 12:26 AM

People please. Don’t believe the “victims.” They knew what they were doing in exchange for a big break in hollywood. Just because the guys didn’t make it big they are seeking a payout.

by Anonymousreply 95January 25, 2019 3:20 AM

Oh really r95? How do you know all of the victims "knew what they were doing?" What about the ones who were drugged?

What about the 13 year old who was just following Singer's instructions to wait for him his first time on a movie set?

You really willing to brush off all of their accusations just like that?

by Anonymousreply 96January 25, 2019 3:27 AM

Some smart ass on Twitter posted this on Dec 4th when Bryan Singer left the Queen Biopic--

[quote] Bryan Singer has left the Queen biopic to spend more time with your kids.

by Anonymousreply 97January 25, 2019 3:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!