Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Associate: The Movie

One of my favorites! Anyone else love this movie? I feel like it was very ahead of it's time and it's very funny. Love Whoopi! Great Christmas in NYC Movie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 22, 2021 4:43 PM

Wonderful little film. You got to appreciate a whole new side to Lilith Crane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2017 3:03 AM

Absolutely amazing, funny film. Dianne Wiest is so cute, love Bebe Neuwirth as a completely unaware bitch, the rest of the cast is amazing too. Love the Drag Queen!

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2018 7:04 AM

Whoopi in King Drag, can't be missed! I love everything about this movie. Also, great quick "Strip Club Scene" appearance by Allison Janney!

"Do You like her breasts?" "I'm thinking of getting my done."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 30, 2018 5:39 AM

Suprised this isn't a cult classic. It's so great and totally was ahead of it's time.

by Anonymousreply 4April 6, 2018 11:57 AM

I run for the exit if ii see her face in anything.

even on tv she makes me dizzy with flu like symptoms.

has her ever told the truth on that show???

sad ole lady. retire asap dear.

by Anonymousreply 5April 6, 2018 12:05 PM

Cece Peniston - ALL I NEED

Wynona Judd - MAKIN MY WAY ANYWAY I CAN

by Anonymousreply 6April 6, 2018 12:14 PM

O dear god just looking at her face.

DEAR LORD

by Anonymousreply 7April 6, 2018 12:35 PM

This is actually a funny and touching film, probably Whoopi's last genuinely good movie, and it has a stellar supporting cast: Dianne Wiest, Bebe Neuwirth, Eli Wallach and Lainie Kazan.

It was clearly made to capitalize on the success of Mrs. Doubtfire, but I agree with OP as the core message of racism and misogyny has more of an impact in 2018 than it did 1996. Apparently the film tanked at the box office and it probably played a role in Whoopi's career demise. It's one of those films I turn on when I'm home sick or just in a funky mood.

by Anonymousreply 8April 6, 2018 1:02 PM

What be this movie about?

by Anonymousreply 9April 6, 2018 2:03 PM

R9 Whoopi Goldberg plays an Investment banker, Laurel Ayres, who works for a major firm on Wall Street. She is denied a major promotion that should be her to her younger male business partner. She quits and decides to start her own firm but is not taken seriously because she's a black woman. That changes when she makes up an older white male partner she names Robert Cutty in order to make a deal with a former client and it works. But in order to keep her business going, she must dress in drag as Cutty.

by Anonymousreply 10April 6, 2018 2:32 PM

I love this movie!!!

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2019 6:24 PM

Thanks for reminding me! This film is hilarious and so feel-good! Whoopi on top form here. Off to download it

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2019 6:29 PM

What was that other film? Jumping Jack Flash? Where she caught her blue dress in a paper shredder? I love that one too!!

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2019 6:31 PM

It's stupid fun

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2019 6:35 PM

It's my go-to "feel good" movie.

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2019 6:45 PM

Bump for the failed leading lady thread

by Anonymousreply 16August 4, 2020 11:04 PM

This movie is great! It also has Trump in a cameo, as he required for any movie he allowed to film in The Plaza when he owned it.

by Anonymousreply 17January 22, 2021 4:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!