Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sociopath Tricks of the Trade

Starts fight and when confronted with their hypocrisy: "We're not talking about me right now, we're talking about you!"

What are your favorites?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137March 3, 2020 11:16 PM

OP, I'm concerned about you. You haven't been yourself lately.

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2017 5:03 PM

Need more information...how was the sociopath being a hypocrite?

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2017 5:04 PM

Whenever they are caught in their lies and shitty deeds, here's my favorite Sociopathic response, "What is wrong with you?"

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2017 5:04 PM

Declaring everything you don't like "FAKE NEWS"!

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2017 5:08 PM

Whichever way Trump goes, he and Putin have the best plan of a sociopath They have it figured it out.

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2017 5:09 PM

R2 that their name had dared to be spoken in a conversation with a mutual friend, when let's face it everyone talks about everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2017 5:13 PM

"This is how you are seeing it, I can't help it if you're seeing it that way." (In other words, your argument has no basis as it's your faulty perception, has nothing to do with my actions, trying backhanded psychology and make you feel guilty.)

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2017 5:17 PM

Making your anger/hurt/disappointment the issue instead of what they did to cause those feelings.

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2017 5:24 PM

Saying they “forgot” something important to you. Pretending something never happened; revising reality. Gaslighting.

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2017 5:25 PM

The ever popular sociopathic excise: "You MADE me do it!"

by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2017 5:27 PM

Accusing you of something. You protest that it isnt true. They say it MUST be true, because you're so upset over having been accused.

by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2017 5:38 PM

In a work situation - when confronted with broken promises, zero productivity and a complete lack of personal responsibility:

[quote]Well, of course it's not done. YOU didn't REMIND ME!

And one from a real pro. When asked why she hadn't kept any of the promises she made at last week's meeting, she not only denied making any promises, but claimed there had been no meeting. (It must have been everyone else's imagination.)

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2017 5:47 PM

R12 Wow. That actually happened to me. My employee missed crucial deadlines and blamed me for not nagging or reminding her. She then tried to get me fired by accusing me of being abusive and setting her up to fail. She was out 3 months for FMLA leave then upon her return asked when she'd be eligible again for her next FMLA leave. Long painful story short, I fired her for severe performance deficiencies. I was amazed that 4 on the later she has a new job after lying about her job title and responsibilities when she reported to me. I can only guess that she's been running this con for her entire professional career. Good riddance!

by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2017 6:02 PM

Good grief, R13. You're lucky to be rid of that one.

Your post raises another interesting point. So often, we see decent, hard-working people unemployed through no fault of their own (shortage of work, downsizing, whatever), while complete shits like your deadbeat employee and my "YOU didn't remind me" manager coast through life without a care.

And, in a corporate environment where decency is seen as weakness, it seems to be getting worse.

by Anonymousreply 14December 3, 2017 6:23 PM

They never, ever apologize or admit being less than flawless.

by Anonymousreply 15December 3, 2017 6:31 PM

I warned my boss not to ask for an extra $100,000 from our partners because we would have to start repaying their loan a quarter early and that payment was $475,000. She said, what difference does it make, we need the $100K now! Then when they demanded early payment on the loan she blamed me. I said I warned you and she said, well you didn't make me UNDERSTAND. Fortunately I had the emails printed out in hardcopy.

by Anonymousreply 16December 3, 2017 6:35 PM

I grew up with a sibling who was diagnosed APD (antisocial personality disorder). It came down to 3 things: constant deceit in all matters, vicious smear campaigns of anyone who he figured out was onto him, and gaslighting. Gaslighting is the purposeful denial or spinning of events that really did happen in a way that tends to make victims doubt their own sanity.

by Anonymousreply 17December 3, 2017 7:08 PM

R17 You mean Donald J. Drumpf is your brother?!?

by Anonymousreply 18December 3, 2017 7:10 PM

I'd say that Trump is probably extra nightmarish for people who've experienced a sociopath close up, R18.

by Anonymousreply 19December 3, 2017 7:13 PM

Going through every triggering event in your life to get a rise out of you when they've been proven wrong. This is so they don't have to feel bad while you feel like shit. I had an ex' do this and it seemed as though he'd kept a mental list of everything that had upset me. He was gone after that shit, but I'd given him far too many chances to get out of it without damage. I'm still paying for it in a lot of subtle and sad ways. Trusting people will never be the same.

by Anonymousreply 20December 3, 2017 8:28 PM

Be super friendly to the point where you form an emotional connection with them quicker than usual. You'll reveal information to them because they've revealed things (which usually turn out to be false) to you so they know your insecurities and strengths.

They will 'test' your relationship constantly, and exhaust you emotionally to the point that you are putty in their hands. And they've separated you from your friends and family.

Ingratiate themselves with your friends and family and create contact without telling you. So that they can successfully have them believe the lies they tell about you.

Similar to what's been said already, out of the blue they will accuse you of lying or stealing something from them, then they'll 'forgive' you and you'll feel grateful...because now no one wants to speak to you for some reason...

Never get drunk with a sociopath a second time. Once you're inebriated, they will either steal from you, sexually assault you or take advantage in some other way.

They only understand fear, the threat of violence or actual violence. They're usually not very intelligent, and have a sort of low cunning.

You can fight back by never taking any substances with them. Being absolutely certain about what has happened by either secretly recording what's been said or writing down the exact words used straight after. It might sound obsessive, but by the time you realise you're in danger, they would have already wormed their way into your life, that it's difficult to separate their needs and priorities from your own.

They must be deconstructed, identify their methods, find out exactly what they have said about you to other people and win the war by attrition record and regurgitating the information to fight against their lies and deception.

There are several legal and illegal ways you can scare them, because fundamentally they are cowards with no personality of their own, they will back down. You can put fish in their upholstery and claim you dont smell it, have someone call them constantly and hang up, order cockroaches online and leave several packages in several rooms. Report them to the police for whatever reason.

If they're a real cunt, just get some barbecue lighting fluid and...well you get the idea.

They're scum and will ruin your life if you don't nip it I the bud. The good thing is, once you've met your first and recognised it and survived more importantly. The ones you meet at work and in your personal life will be easy to handle avoid and/or deflect.

by Anonymousreply 21December 3, 2017 8:47 PM

Accusing you of their crimes. "The election is rigged!"

by Anonymousreply 22December 3, 2017 8:47 PM

Turning confrontations around is classic. If you confront them it's all boo hoo and tears, 'you hate me' while at the same time they're spreading the vicious rumor that you're the one with problems. So charming to everyone in public so that no one would ever believe it.

by Anonymousreply 23December 3, 2017 8:56 PM

Constant undermining and disrespect that does not seem deliberate (but is). Often you can recognize their tactics but they seem ambiguous or petty if you complain to anyone else. No one incident is definitive but the cumulative effect is devastating.

by Anonymousreply 24December 3, 2017 9:02 PM

Many of these characteristics are typical of narcissistic personalities, which also have little regard for anyone else. The difference is that they tear you down to build themselves up rather than to commit criminal acts.

by Anonymousreply 25December 3, 2017 9:04 PM

"If I'm so horrible, why would you even want to hang out with me?" The worst, a very female way of avoiding any real Accountability yet again.

by Anonymousreply 26December 3, 2017 9:05 PM

Clinical Sociopaths do not possess the ability for distinguishing 'right' from 'wrong' - They actually lack a conscious. Therefore, they can never be rehabilitated; e.g., understand and feel remorse for their persistent, damaging anti-social behaviors; hence the easily repeated social transgressions.

More often, than not, their personalities are charming and engaging.

Think, serial killer Ted Bundy, who was diagnosed as a Clinical Sociopath and Narcissist with ASPD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 3, 2017 9:09 PM

Actually, saying "You're right." They don't mean it. They just know it is a conversation killer.

by Anonymousreply 28December 3, 2017 9:20 PM

Withholding affection and other things to punish you until they get their way.

by Anonymousreply 29December 3, 2017 9:28 PM

"Withholding affection . . . "

They've no sense of affection as well.

by Anonymousreply 30December 3, 2017 9:44 PM

Sorry to all that have been burned by these toxic asshats.

by Anonymousreply 31December 3, 2017 9:51 PM

I appreciate that, R31. Now if I could only get all the money back. The lies over nothing is what got to me. He'd lie about everything and when he didn't have to. I think it was just a sport to him, to see what he could get away with.

by Anonymousreply 32December 3, 2017 10:04 PM

A surefire to identify one is that they are all cheaters. Will never pass up a sexual opportunity.

Cheating is not cute. It is: lying, defrauding, tricking, endangering, hurting, destroying trust, using... nice people don't do that to other people.

by Anonymousreply 33December 4, 2017 3:17 AM

when they tell you "you're not happy" (when they've treated you like shit)

when they say "oh, you don't remember me" when, in fact, you have remembered them.

the push/pull

by Anonymousreply 34December 4, 2017 3:50 AM

Oooh, playing the "You're not happy" card is really a pain in the ass. Grounds for a good punch in the teeth or it feels that way when it's happening. Again, putting all the Accountability on you, not them.

by Anonymousreply 35December 4, 2017 3:52 AM

They are also thieves. Petty and otherwise. It seems to come naturally. Again, like the lying, it's constant and unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 36December 4, 2017 4:03 AM

The only sociopath I have ever taken down was due to all the factors lining up. Both bosses backed me fully so I was able to constantly attack the sociopath until he screwed up beyond redemption and was let go. It was sheer luck though, and an exhausting two straight months of psychological warfare.

by Anonymousreply 37December 4, 2017 4:58 AM

one said to me: you're so nice I have to get away from you.

I thought that was such an odd thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 38December 4, 2017 5:05 AM

Many of you are using the word sociopath quite loosely, I think.

by Anonymousreply 39December 4, 2017 5:08 AM

R39

you're right.

I think in a lot of cases these people are just assholes of the highest order

by Anonymousreply 40December 4, 2017 5:10 AM

Gurl!?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 4, 2017 5:21 AM

the problem with decking someone when they throw that 'you're not happy' line is they get to say to everyone 'all I said is you're not happy and he/she ATTACKED me!'

Everyone: "OMG, are you okay! they must really be unhappy!"

by Anonymousreply 42December 4, 2017 5:28 AM

R39 Agreed. Would Narcissist Personality Disorder be more accurate?

by Anonymousreply 43December 4, 2017 1:27 PM

Mine was a bona-fide sociopath. Over inflated sense of self, would constantly chip away at people's self-esteem, ragingly incompetent but would blame everyone else for his failings. Fake fake fake lifestyle. I could go on. I can spot a sociopath from 100 feet and he was one. His life is destroyed now, because it was a house of cards.

by Anonymousreply 44December 4, 2017 2:19 PM

Very destructive people who have enough charm to worm their way into your life and subtly undermine and take advantage for far longer than they should be. Learning to recognize them right away is the best defense.

by Anonymousreply 45December 4, 2017 5:27 PM

Sociopath is a dated term that outs the user as a wannabe...

by Anonymousreply 46December 4, 2017 5:37 PM

R45 speaks the truth; the last charming one I met oozed so much right off the top. I'm mad at myself because I knew it from the beginning, but I still fell for it.

by Anonymousreply 47December 4, 2017 7:15 PM

Let's name names of WeHo sociopaths... first names only I guess.

by Anonymousreply 48December 4, 2017 7:21 PM

Blake.

by Anonymousreply 49December 4, 2017 7:31 PM

There are so many fucked up personality syndromes to choose from - it all gets a little bewildering.

I read Jon Ronson’s The Psychoath Test a few years ago - and it was like a revelation. Really recommend it. It’s funny and he has considerable wit - but it really clues you in on the psychoath personality. I only wish I’d read it years before, as it would have saved a lot of time, energy and heartache if I’d known then what I know now. I’ve given copies to many friends since reading it - just gave one to friend’s son (along with a swag of other books) as a graduation present from high school. He’s very smart - but very trusting! - and hope if he reads it he might not get sucked in by any psychopaths that’ll inevitably cross his path...

The main problem is - after reading it - you tend to over-diagnose and start seeing them everywhere. And while it’s true that many people may have traits or do the odd things that a psychoath may do - it doesn’t necessarily make them a psychopath. Like I said - there’s plenty of other personality disorder syndromes out there - or just different personality types. So you just have to stop playing amateur psychologist and get on with life and relationships - but use what you know and what your own gut tells you - about whether or not it’s worth spending time with someone - or if you need to be wary.

There are - I think! - more people with narcissistic personally disorder out there - and they can be just as difficult. Recently I was reading about HPD - histrionic personality disorder - and bingo! - another chunk of humanity is now classified and explained in my mental map of odd behaviours of people I’ve encountered over the years...

HPD is really interesting actually - I think it’s well represented among the denizens if Datalounge! - and very prevalent among some of the people who’ve embraced social media and post every detail of their lives across the various platforms... part of me hanks I s nice they now have an outlet for all their shit - but also gotta wonder if giving them a platform just unleashes stuff that was probably best left with a lid on it...?

by Anonymousreply 50December 4, 2017 7:58 PM

I just came out of a store and walked to my car in a fairly empty parking lot. And there was a giant SUV parked next to me but facing the opposite direction. CRAMMED next to me actually so much so that I had to go to the other side of the car to put my packages in (it was impossible on the drivers side).

The motor was running and this bitch inside was playing with her phone and had absolutely no concern for anything happening outside her window. She could've even moved forward into a connected space and made it easier for everyone to get in and out but of course that wasn't going to happen.

THAT to me feels like a sociopath. Absolutely no concern -- hell, not even concern, no sense that anyone else in the world even exists (unless he or she needs something and then people exist to serve them). It's also why I don't have a gun, in my car nor my home, because I think on the wrong day, I could've gladly shot that woman through the head in a crime of passion -- more for what she represented than for what she actually did.

by Anonymousreply 51December 4, 2017 8:03 PM

[quote] Cheating is not cute. It is: lying, defrauding, tricking, endangering, hurting, destroying trust, using... nice people don't do that to other people.

So you are saying that 99% of gay men are not nice people.

by Anonymousreply 52December 4, 2017 8:55 PM

"Why do you always have to make everything about YOU!"

Umm, because I care about me, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 53December 4, 2017 9:37 PM

Projecting their motives (& sins) onto you is another bewildering hurtful manipulative technique. “You’re the sociopath!”

by Anonymousreply 54December 5, 2017 1:05 AM

“I’m sorry you feel that way.”

by Anonymousreply 55December 5, 2017 2:11 AM

“Can’t you take a joke?”

by Anonymousreply 56December 5, 2017 2:12 AM

They blame it on Hillary.

“I may have killed JUST ONE OR TWO OR JUST ONE PERSON, BUT Hillary killed dozens or hundreds of people, just hundreds, and nothing happened to her, so therefore, nothing should happen to me.”

by Anonymousreply 57December 5, 2017 2:13 AM

They blame you for their feelings.

by Anonymousreply 58December 5, 2017 2:14 AM

They call you a control freak when your control issues thwart their control issues.

by Anonymousreply 59December 5, 2017 2:36 AM

My first bf was a sociopath. It screwed me up for life in terms of trust. But at least I learned and never made the same mistake again.

by Anonymousreply 60December 5, 2017 3:43 AM

I think I’m attracted to sociopaths. I know that does not reflect well on me.

by Anonymousreply 61December 5, 2017 3:48 AM

There’s a YA (young adult) novel that’s relatively recent - My Sister Rosa - by Justine Larbalestier. I really liked it. It’s about a teenage boy, who has this ten year old sister - who is a psychopath. She’s gorgeous and charming though. Only he seems to get it. The Tagline for the book is “she hasn’t killed anyone...yet” (or words to that effect). It’s great! A modern take on The Bad Seed. Lots of stuff about psychopathy explained as the plot unfolds.

Any other good novels featuring psychopaths out there I should be aware of?

by Anonymousreply 62December 5, 2017 4:00 AM

Picking a fight to get out of commitments. they act like they believe their b.s. one would say he had lost weight but hadn't --fantasy is their world. Called obama a racial slur--jealous clearly

by Anonymousreply 63December 5, 2017 4:18 AM

Recommended: Snakes in Suits

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 5, 2017 4:36 AM

The Sociopath Next Door

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 5, 2017 4:37 AM

And the classic, Without Conscience:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 5, 2017 4:39 AM

Something that catches my notice and makes me think "sociopath" is when I observe a person with different people, and with each person they're totally different, mirroring the person they're with. They know how to say and be exactly what the person they're with wants, and they do it to gather info about what that person has to offer them, and to learn that person's weaknesses. Then they play with each person, manipulating to get what they want or just for kicks.

To be able to observe the really smart ones, you have to be careful and adopt a Grey Rock persona around them, so they don't really notice you or find anything about you they can use or toy with. I've seen them go into extended friend groups or families, and wreak havoc. And still there will always be the naive who LOVE them.

by Anonymousreply 67December 5, 2017 5:29 AM

Hear, hear, R55!

NOT "You're right, I've done wrong, and I sincerely apologize for it."

But rather, "Gee, it's a shame you're so goddam stupid that you can't see how right I am."

by Anonymousreply 68December 5, 2017 5:39 AM

Become a politician.

by Anonymousreply 69December 5, 2017 6:10 AM

Wow, r21 really nails it.

by Anonymousreply 70December 5, 2017 8:08 AM

R21 sounds like a sociopath herself.

R70, are you R21?

by Anonymousreply 71December 5, 2017 8:15 AM

R21 is Poo Shoes. Please tell me most of you know this.

by Anonymousreply 72December 5, 2017 8:20 AM

Actual Sociopaths lie to the point that it's basically like breathing to them, and they will NEVER take personal responsibility at all for anything they do, or how they make other people feel, even if they pretend to.

by Anonymousreply 73December 5, 2017 8:25 AM

This is probably the most boring thread I've ever read on DL. It sounds like a bunch of whining over a boyfriend who dropped you. Stop obsessing, and move on with your life. Unless your life is empty unless you're obsessing about the guy. If so, talk to a therapist.

by Anonymousreply 74December 5, 2017 8:36 AM

^ IF your life is empty unless you're obsessing...

by Anonymousreply 75December 5, 2017 8:37 AM

R71, no I'm no r21.

by Anonymousreply 76December 5, 2017 8:40 AM

[quote]There are several legal and illegal ways you can scare them, because fundamentally they are cowards with no personality of their own, they will back down. You can put fish in their upholstery and claim you dont smell it, have someone call them constantly and hang up, order cockroaches online and leave several packages in several rooms. Report them to the police for whatever reason. If they're a real cunt, just get some barbecue lighting fluid and...well you get the idea.

Isn't she charming?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 5, 2017 8:55 AM

The Flying Monkeys, enablers, and the Cluster B fan club members need much more censure.

by Anonymousreply 78December 5, 2017 9:14 AM

[R77] I am as it happens. Let me be clear...I haven't done the majority of the things I've listed, because the best revenge is leaving them in the dust. But even though it will be rare, if ever I meet someone that requires any of them. I would do it. These people start a war of annihilation with you, they won't stop, and if you don't realise it, there will be nothing left of you. You might not use it, but knowing it's there and you have the preperation for using it, gives you the confidence to win the war for self preservation, which makes it less likely you'll need any sort of revenge.

The interesting thing about these people is sometimes they do things that are so incredible, that go against your every instinct and either get you to go along with it or get you to do something against your nature that it shocks you into submission. It can happen to most people, because most people are trusting and are actually nice, and especially worse if they have some sort of authority over you

But this particular person would have deserved everything, but my conscience stopped me from actually going through most of it...that is the worst part, you still care for them on some level when you are the most angry. But to be forewarned is to be forearmed.

by Anonymousreply 79December 5, 2017 10:12 AM

You call yourself charming, yet how did you even think of those things you listed at R21? I've never heard of doing anything like that. And I doubt most people have. You recommend calling the police on someone for hurting you emotionally in a relationship, putting cockroaches all over their house, gas lighting them, etc. Yet you don't recommend leaving. Why is that? It sounds like you enjoy messing with people. Hardly charming.

by Anonymousreply 80December 5, 2017 10:20 AM

For R79, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 81December 5, 2017 10:21 AM

Also, R79, it sounds like you're recommending arson. Maybe you're the one with the personality disorder, not the other person.

by Anonymousreply 82December 5, 2017 10:22 AM

Don't try too hard to make sense out of it. Poo Shoes is preoccupied with sociopathy. One can only imagine why!

by Anonymousreply 83December 5, 2017 10:40 AM

They try to isolate you from friends, family, co workers. They often have different stories they tell to different groups, and which the isolation preserves the two stories from being found out and revealing the psychopath for the liar they are.

by Anonymousreply 84December 5, 2017 11:18 AM

I love the "you're unhappy" line. When I was younger it worked, but now I just have a ball and treat them like the shit they deserve. It is just like open game when they say that line (and have done other stuff to piss me off). It helps that while generally kind-hearted, I can be a bit of a cunt. Also, I like to make fun of people. Not elaborate jokes and not for an audience necessarily, just behave naturally and have them know they could die on the spot and I could not give a fuck.

Btw, I have been told I am a cold bitch. That is very true.

by Anonymousreply 85December 5, 2017 11:45 AM

R67 is spot-on. I tend to do the Grey Rock thing a lot, especially in a new environment. The first few months are a drudge but it's payback in the end. I got a few people fired this way.

Also very sad to report my in-laws are presently falling for a psychopath. She better not have anything to do with me.

by Anonymousreply 86December 5, 2017 11:50 AM

"You're such a sensitive Sally!"

by Anonymousreply 87December 5, 2017 12:16 PM

R74, if you're bored with this thread, then move on! The point of this thread is how to identify and deal with sociopaths to avoid the damage they routinely inflict.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 5, 2017 12:23 PM

Errr, link above :P

by Anonymousreply 89December 5, 2017 12:24 PM

Juliesha at R79 gives me pause.

This is not the first time or the only thread to which she has contributed that I have sensed this.

by Anonymousreply 90December 5, 2017 3:14 PM

It's even worse when one of your parents is a sociopath. My uncle was a borderline sociopath and he caused immeasurable harm to his family. All of his kids suffer from varying degrees of mental health and self-esteem issues. He turned all of them against each other in order to protect himself and to prevent them from ganging up on him.

by Anonymousreply 91December 5, 2017 4:14 PM

My sister was relative a story once about her husband, and said “...so, of course Tom’s default reaction was to lie about it...” and I was so appalled. I think it was the casualness with which she said this. He wanted his son to pitch two of the three games in the playoffs. His lie was intended to be manipulative. The coach probably caught on and instead benched my nephew for the playoffs. Tom acts like a child, himself. I hope his son matures beyond his own stunted maturity.

He’s also passive aggressive. He pouts, he shouts. I’ve grown to hate the guy.

by Anonymousreply 92December 5, 2017 5:06 PM

More common in men than women? More common in straights than gays?

by Anonymousreply 93December 5, 2017 5:07 PM

These things do not discriminate, but men are more likely to be antisocial or narcissistic and women more likely to be borderline or histrionic

by Anonymousreply 94December 5, 2017 5:24 PM

Just generally annoying, R93.

by Anonymousreply 95December 5, 2017 5:50 PM

Poo shoes writes non-sentences!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96December 5, 2017 8:06 PM

[R80] Well, it's the fundamentals of cognition to be able to think and applying those things to actual or potential events. So the thinking part was easy, as I'm sure it is for you.

Part of what makes people susceptible to sociopaths is that the things that sociopaths do isn't even something that their victims and potential victims would entertain, which is a cardinal mistake.

They are relatively rare, but the damage the cause is immeasurable. Yes you can account the financial cost, but how do you account for all the other costs?

Most people, I would surmise, don't think of these things, because if they imagine it they would feel as though they would go out and do it the next day. This is a false belief. But everybody I think has had those thoughts that they wouldn't dare repeat for the fact that people would think of them as a monster. But it is often a natural reaction to an unpleasant emotion that could threaten you.

The fundamental human instinct is self preservation, for a variety of reasons. One coping mechanism isn't necessarily better than the other, but different things work for different people, I didn't seek to dispense advice to action on an objective basis. But as I said, when you can no longer define what your priorities are and what your real beliefs about yourself are it becomes difficult to act rational, therefore the default has to be the instinct of self preservation. Sociopaths or uNiue only in composition not in their function.

And no, I don't enjoy messing with people, but sometimes there are experiences which you can be grateful for, because they help prepare you for future challenges. And that, I think is my main point.

[R90] I'm really not worth any pause or a rewind even. And on to me? OK sweetheart you go ahead...I think you'll find I'm pretty consistent. But, have it it nonetheless!

Oh and in terms of personality disorder [R82]...I think it would be more fun if you told me what your diagnosis was I think it would really enrich my posts, then maybe I could be a troll. Extra points if you assign me a topic to be obsessed with. I want full on character assassination. Nothing less.

by Anonymousreply 97December 7, 2017 2:17 AM

Juliesha got issues

by Anonymousreply 98December 7, 2017 2:56 AM

[quote]I think it would be more fun if you told me what your diagnosis was

R97, if you're Poo Shoes, your diagnosis is histrionic personality disorder. And I think there's a touch of sociopathy in there, too.

by Anonymousreply 99December 7, 2017 4:41 AM

[quote]And no, I don't enjoy messing with people, but sometimes there are experiences which you can be grateful for, because they help prepare you for future challenges. And that, I think is my main point.

Why not just avoid all these "sociopaths" you seem to run into throughout your life? Why do you anticipate "future challenges" rather than just move on if someone treats you in a way you don't want to be treated? Sounds like you label people a lot, and you imagine difficult people, or people you don't get along with are sociopaths. You want people to be worse than what they are so that you can feel righteous and then justify being vindictive, the part you relish.

by Anonymousreply 100December 7, 2017 4:59 AM

R92 and r93, actual sociopaths are not that common. I've only encountered one person that actually is one and he was extremely withdrawn and distant, and seemed empty and he wound up killing someone over drugs or money owed for drugs.

I also have met someone who possibly is either a sociopath or has severe schizoaffective disorder and they were extremely charming and manipulative. R94 I know more than a few women who are extreme narcissists, as in they were diagnosed with NPD and I have basically nothing to do with them.

by Anonymousreply 101December 7, 2017 1:57 PM

Another classic deflection; if you call them out on their bullshit: "Lighten UP!"

by Anonymousreply 102December 7, 2017 1:58 PM

"We've talked about this BEFORE."

by Anonymousreply 103December 7, 2017 1:59 PM

Sociopath tricks?

These are the common social techniques used by almost every woman I know. They're ALL playing the game, cunts that they are.

Just watch.

by Anonymousreply 104December 7, 2017 2:00 PM

I never said that!

Well, I said it, but that's not what I meant.

by Anonymousreply 105December 7, 2017 2:17 PM

Always bicker to argue over ridiculous semantics AND to get the last word in. Do they hate themselves as much as I do???

by Anonymousreply 106December 7, 2017 2:49 PM

That is a good one, r105

by Anonymousreply 107December 7, 2017 5:21 PM

"The real problem is that you misinterpreted my remarks. Why are you so hateful?"

by Anonymousreply 108December 7, 2017 5:23 PM

Poo Shoes is really enjoying talking to herself in this thread. Does she think she's sympathetic? A victim? She's fixated on the (probably) one and only man she had in her life, and she's whining to us about the way he treated her. She's obviously read books to encourage her victimization and is using us to whine about what this ex-boyfriend did to her. Is that what DL is here for?

Here's my tip for you, Poo: indifference is the opposite of love. Your hatred for this guy is only keeping you tied to him. MOVE ON with your life, and stop obsessing.

by Anonymousreply 109December 7, 2017 8:52 PM

This thread should have been titled: My Ups and Downs with Umpy, the Alcoholic who Stalked me a Long Time Ago

by Anonymousreply 110December 7, 2017 9:23 PM

They insist on using their real name on a website (even though everyone else posts anonymously), which is actually a fake name.

They pretend to have no political affiliation when, in fact, they are a staunch supporter of a particular politician.

They pose as a gay man to be accepted on the website, and then make up stories about a sister, a nephew, or a neighbor in order to give their own opinion throughout the thread about the subject itself.

They're starved for attention, and use a website where they can post anonymously to receive attention.

They make it a point to talk about their honesty and integrity.

They believe in chem trails.

by Anonymousreply 111December 7, 2017 10:16 PM

[quote]Sociopath Tricks of the Trade

She writes long-winded stories about a moment in her life that most adults would simply deal with and not dream of discussing on a message board, e.g., getting feces on their shoes in a hotel restroom, and she then asks hundreds of strangers to share her indignity and opinion that she,, of course, handled everything with aplomb while the deplorable employees were inept and worthy of so much contempt.

Being handed her ass by hundreds of strangers is not the support this type of sociopath is looking for. Unfortunately for her, this is the reaction she usually gets from other people. The sociopath has a difficult time understanding that 99.5% of the population doesn't think like she thinks, and she is often taken aback that others don't see her importance as intensely as she herself does.

by Anonymousreply 112December 8, 2017 3:09 AM

My brother in law is 7 years older than my sister and he’ll leave her with nothing but bills when he dies. It’s only their son that keeps me from condemning him to them. A son has to, or does, idolize his Dad, when possible, and I don’t want to disturb that. He’s a deplorable, and an opinionated one (is there an other kind?), so it’s hard to hold off.

by Anonymousreply 113December 8, 2017 3:25 AM

You all should know that this thread is Poo Shoes studying your reactions to her own behavior. Everything she's describing is what she does and says. She starts these types of threads a lot, and for this reason.

You're welcome!

by Anonymousreply 114December 8, 2017 3:30 AM

💩🤷🏻‍♂️👯

by Anonymousreply 115December 8, 2017 3:40 AM

They go on Datalounge and study the posts and replies like the Talmud, giving people nicknames, analyzing their enemies' posts back beyond the millennium; they block people and then analyze which and how many posts disappear on various threads, and then crow about how obsessive their enemy who they've blocked is, that so many posts have disappeared. They know all the Datalounge jargon, and jump to be the first to use them first in a thread, like the hilarious "Kill it ! Kill it with fire !" (never gets old) Call every poster they disagree with a "troll," and imagine which trolls they've conjured are producing the posts/replies they don't like.......Oh wait, that's not sociopaths per se, that's just DL pathetic lifers.

by Anonymousreply 116December 8, 2017 4:01 AM

[quote]that's not sociopaths per se

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 117December 8, 2017 4:50 AM

[quote]Starts fight and when confronted with their hypocrisy: "We're not talking about me right now, we're talking about you!"

On what planet is this indicative of a sociopath?

Poo Shoes R21, why don't you just tell people about the cool book you just read instead of copying it onto posts in this thread? You are strange in your stamina and dedication to being boring yet ever-present.

by Anonymousreply 118December 8, 2017 5:56 AM

My guess is that you can tell if someone is sociopathic by the way you feel when you're around them. Which is why so many here have such a strong aversion to Poo Shoes.

by Anonymousreply 119December 8, 2017 6:05 AM

Poo should get a proofreader as her writing is shittier than her crocs of shit; she wears Crocs now!

by Anonymousreply 120December 8, 2017 6:08 AM

[quote]They insist on using their real name on a website (even though everyone else posts anonymously), which is actually a fake name. They pretend to have no political affiliation when, in fact, they are a staunch supporter of a particular politician. They pose as a gay man to be accepted on the website, and then make up stories about a sister, a nephew, or a neighbor in order to give their own opinion throughout the thread about the subject itself. They're starved for attention, and use a website where they can post anonymously to receive attention. They make it a point to talk about their honesty and integrity. They believe in chem trails.

[quote]She writes long-winded stories about a moment in her life that most adults would simply deal with and not dream of discussing on a message board, e.g., getting feces on their shoes in a hotel restroom, and she then asks hundreds of strangers to share her indignity and opinion that she,, of course, handled everything with aplomb while the deplorable employees were inept and worthy of so much contempt. Being handed her ass by hundreds of strangers is not the support this type of sociopath is looking for. Unfortunately for her, this is the reaction she usually gets from other people. The sociopath has a difficult time understanding that 99.5% of the population doesn't think like she thinks, and she is often taken aback that others don't see her importance as intensely as she herself does.

[quote]Poo Shoes [R21], why don't you just tell people about the cool book you just read instead of copying it onto posts in this thread? You are strange in your stamina and dedication to being boring yet ever-present.

[quote]My guess is that you can tell if someone is sociopathic by the way you feel when you're around them. Which is why so many here have such a strong aversion to Poo Shoes.

Two thumbs up, way up.

by Anonymousreply 121December 8, 2017 7:50 PM

Why is it so damn hard to remove? From shoes, threads, etc.

Thanks for trying everyone. She's not going to leave, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122December 8, 2017 9:10 PM

Boy, this thread really went down the shitter.

by Anonymousreply 123December 10, 2017 12:00 AM

Poo Shoes seems like a Jodi Arias type of person. Always feeling slighted, reading into every word someone says to her and finding hidden negative meanings, never at fault herself... just an innocent damsel, and finally ends up enraged and vindictive.

I'd love to see her in a room with Juan Martinez for a few hours. He would understand how she turns the tables on people, and he would verbally expose and destroy her.

by Anonymousreply 124December 10, 2017 5:25 AM

She wouldn't be competent to stand trial unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 125December 10, 2017 5:31 AM

I think the Poo Shoes J'accuse troll really needs another fucking hobby.

by Anonymousreply 126December 10, 2017 5:42 AM

Seriously, how many devices and browsers does the accuser troll have? I think they are far worse than POOOOOOOOOOOOOO

by Anonymousreply 127December 10, 2017 5:44 AM

Juan listening to Poo Shoes' stories about sociopaths.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128December 10, 2017 5:45 AM

Sigmund listening to Poo Shoes' tales of the various sociopaths in her life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 10, 2017 5:51 AM

Jung listening to Poo Shoes talk about all of her various experiences with sociopaths.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130December 10, 2017 5:53 AM

[quote]Starts fight and when confronted with their hypocrisy: "We're not talking about me right now, we're talking about you!" What are your favorites?

Only Poo Shoes would have a "Best of." list of sociopath quotes. She actually has favorites. And she thinks other people have a collection of favorites, too.

Paging Dr. Freud, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 131December 10, 2017 6:08 AM

LOL !!! I can't be the only one enjoying this...

by Anonymousreply 132December 10, 2017 6:31 AM

Some of you ladies doth protest a little too much, methinks.

by Anonymousreply 133December 10, 2017 7:22 AM

[quote]Seriously, how many devices and browsers does the accuser troll have? I think they are far worse than POOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah, we all got that the first 500 times you said it.

And nothing is worse than Poo Shoes, let alone far worse.

by Anonymousreply 134December 10, 2017 7:52 AM

Poo Shoes from another thread today:

[quote]You sound like very good people. Wish there were more like you in this world. Sad that our culture generally sees bullying as acceptable. Why are victims always blamed? Clearly that boy needs a strong father figure. Would it be too much to ask for you please to assist me with the DL bully who won't stop creating threads to spread lies about me, as well as repeatedly re-posting years old pics? He hasn't stop his pattern of impersonating me on DL and all over the internet. Friends who've seen the posts under my name are very concerned for my safety. Regretfully Vegas Police were negligent in not advising me to get a restraining order against him when he originally started attempting to steal my identity (getting a copy of my birth certificate to try and get a home loan for his trailer) despite their records of his extreme violence towards women. Yes he's been incarcerated for it too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 11, 2017 2:58 AM

Who the hell is Poo Shoes?

by Anonymousreply 136March 3, 2020 11:14 PM

They always seem to be named Heather.

by Anonymousreply 137March 3, 2020 11:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!