Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

When the Brady Bunch went to The Grand Canyon

How did they all fit into a station wagon: Bob, Carol, 6 kids and Alice?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2018 2:05 PM

Don't forget Ted.

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2017 4:46 PM

I think you meant Mike & Carol.

Mike driving, Carol in front passenger seat, Cindy between them

Alice, Greg and Marcia in back seat.

Bobby, Peter and Jan in the flat part of the station wagon.

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2017 4:49 PM

Peter sat in Mike’s lap and Bobby sat in Greg’s. Alice was strapped to the roof.

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2017 4:49 PM

The wagon legally sat 8 although you could squeeze another person or two inside, and they had a luggage carrier on top.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2017 4:50 PM

I love questions like this.

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2017 4:52 PM

Alice was strapped to the car's undercarriage, and just prayed they didn't take a short cut through cacti fields.

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2017 4:59 PM

Lots of lube

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2017 5:03 PM

Cousin Oliver hid in the engine

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2017 5:07 PM

In the 1970s, we had a station wagon that had a set of fold down seats in the back that could seat four children or two adults very uncomfortably. We got 4 adults, two teenagers and three children in that car for a 1000 mile journey.

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2017 5:09 PM

I thought they tied Cindy to the roof?

by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2017 5:22 PM

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2017 5:32 PM

Peter sat in daddy's lap.

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2017 5:34 PM

We had the exact same station wagon - a Plymouth Satilite - in the exact same color - metallic gold - and thought we were the shit! Three rows of bench seats - the seat in the back flipped up from the wagon bed and faced backwards. You could fit everyone as outlined above but it would be tight. Our family did a cross country camping trip in it from NYC to Salt Lake one summer - but only 3 kids and no maid.

by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2017 5:40 PM

Alice stayed behind with Bobby and Cindy and later flew out to meet them. That is why they got lost because Alice left a message telling them to meet them at the airport and got mixed up with the time difference.

by Anonymousreply 14December 3, 2017 5:46 PM

The Bradys had two cars. Did they only do it in the one?

by Anonymousreply 15December 3, 2017 5:59 PM

Like the President and Vice-President, Mike and Carol Brady never traveled together.

by Anonymousreply 16December 3, 2017 6:02 PM

Mike must have really been raking it in during the 1970s. Raising six children, an unemployed wife and a live-in housekeeper. And then Carol hauls off and drags in Cousin Oliver.

by Anonymousreply 17December 3, 2017 6:06 PM

R17, Mike designed all the gay bathhouses in Southern California.

by Anonymousreply 18December 3, 2017 6:07 PM

Alice sat on the stick shift.

by Anonymousreply 19December 3, 2017 6:32 PM

If Tiger had still been around, they could've strapped him to the roof.

by Anonymousreply 20December 3, 2017 6:33 PM

"Alice sat on the stick shift"

She never sat on mine. She'd say, "No ring, no ringa-ding-ding" or "No contract/No contact".

But Mike and I used to play.

by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2017 3:24 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2017 3:29 AM

Alice rode under the car, Cape Fear style. It's a miracle the rest of them made it home alive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 4, 2017 4:50 AM

Couldn't Alice have stayed home and insisted on some rest away from those Brady fuckers for a few days.

by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2017 5:40 AM

Bitch had no life, the Brady’s were Alice’s everythang

by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2017 6:02 AM

They made Jan hitchhike out there, but Jan being Jan she got lost.

After briefly turning to prostitution, she got a job at Burger Chef.

We never heard from her again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 4, 2017 6:24 AM

Damn, OP, this was just on today. Some channel I never watch. It was terrible. People actually made money writing this dreck. They were certainly trying for diversity in their own special Brady way in this episode with the Native Americans.

But I cannot believe how they just forgave the old guy (aka Mr. Magoo) who locked them in a cell to die. Oh sorry please forgive me. Oh, okay Mr. Psychopath. We'll give you a ride.

I stayed to watch the interior design and they weren't even home. Poor Alice - why can't that idle housewife do anything?

by Anonymousreply 27December 4, 2017 6:39 AM

[quote]Mike must have really been raking it in during the 1970s.

Carol came with a million dollars in life insurance

by Anonymousreply 28December 4, 2017 6:50 AM

[quote]They made Jan hitchhike out there, but Jan being Jan she got lost...After briefly turning to prostitution, she got a job at Burger Chef....We never heard from her again.

Wrong, she became a nun

by Anonymousreply 29December 4, 2017 6:50 AM

That burger commercial was in 1977, 3 years after The Brady Bunch went off the air. It was not a before they were stars thing. Why would she do it?

by Anonymousreply 30June 20, 2018 9:55 AM

Money, R30.

Eve Plumb bought a Malibu beach house for $55k when she was ELEVEN YEARS OLD and sold it for $3M and moved to NY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 20, 2018 1:33 PM

Don't forget Jimmy Pocaya, OP. I'm sure Mike gave him some frank and beans too.

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2018 2:00 PM

Mike's frank and beans had to be better than the metallic and battery acid taste of the ones Bobby gave him!

by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2018 2:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!