Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What are your favorite brand of cookies?

Mine are Tate’s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 8, 2019 6:14 AM

1. Pillbury Chocolate Chip

2. Oreos

3. Famous Amos

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2017 3:44 AM

Dare Maple Cookies

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2017 3:45 AM

Aldi's maple sandwich cookies are delicious. They also started making versions of Girl Scout mint, peanut butter, and Samoas, but I haven't tried them.

I used to love pecan sandies but I haven't had them in years.

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2017 4:04 AM

OP I had never heard of Tate's Bake Shop until last week. I ordered some from Amazon and they were delicious and fresh!

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2017 4:25 AM

I like Tate's.

by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2017 8:33 AM

Anna's

Mrs. Fields

Pepperidge Farm

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2017 8:42 AM

I like the classics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2017 9:17 AM

The Queen of Cookies!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2017 9:25 AM

My mother's homemade Toll House cookies. My friend Nancy is the only person I know who makes them equally well. Knowing enough to take them out a little early is the key.

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2017 2:30 PM

Since I live right near the original bake shop, it's Tate's. They also make brownies, blondes, tea loaves, pies. They used to make these huge, mildly cinnamon muffins that were the bomb. I cut them in half, sometimes in quarters, because I couldn't eat a whole one. Used to bring the muffins to get togethers and everyone loved them.

They changed them after they sold Kathleen's and became Tate's. They're not the same

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2017 2:37 PM

I just checked and they don't make those muffins at all anymore.

Kathleen King started making cookies when she was working for Ina Garten. Eventually Kathllen bagged and sold the cookies herself. Then she borrowed enough to open Kathleen's Bake Shop. She sold the name Kathleen's and it was bought by a company in Virginia which started to make completely different cookies. Kathleen decided to open again under the name Tate's. She recently sold that for $100M, but has a small stake left and will stay on as R&D and quality control. Guess she doesn't want the same thing to happen as with the Virginia company.

A close relative of hers lives on my block. Kathleen bankrolled a successful local business for him.

by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2017 2:47 PM

to be honest Pillsbury's slice and bake CHoC CHIp at hard to beat, even homemade

by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2017 2:50 PM

I smell cookies!

by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2017 2:53 PM

[quote]I smell cookies!

Why do gay men find this funny?

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2017 3:10 PM

Mine is not available aymore... Ideal Bars. Chocolate on the outside crispy peanut butter type flavor in the middle.... boy I miss those...:/

by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2017 3:15 PM

What R9 said, but I don't like 'chewy' so mostly butter and a bit of shortening.

Commercial brands? The Mother's package with oatmeal, chocolate chip and macaroons. Lorna Doones, in a cup with milk, Walker's shortbread, Pepperidge Farm Genevas.

by Anonymousreply 16December 2, 2017 3:21 PM

So moist, so delicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2017 3:25 PM

Mother's Taffy Creams

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2017 5:14 PM

Tim Tams go well with a cup of tea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2017 5:17 PM

Pim's, Lu, Christie ("Fudgee-O," "Coffee Break"), President's Choice

by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2017 5:21 PM

I love these!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 8, 2019 5:01 AM

Keebler’s rule.

by Anonymousreply 22February 8, 2019 5:12 AM

Dare. Both Maple and Lemon.

by Anonymousreply 23February 8, 2019 5:15 AM

Subways or Mrs Fields(not sure if they are in the malls still). store bought? um, none.

by Anonymousreply 24February 8, 2019 5:18 AM

Used to love Mothers' cookies but they changed the recipe. Pepperidge Farms macadamia nut cookies are still a rare treat. Honestly my homemade chocolate chip and many other kinds of cookies are better than most commercial cookies.

by Anonymousreply 25February 8, 2019 5:30 AM

The Mother's Taffy is wonderful. Also their peanut butter Gauchos. But...

I generally avoid gluten after discovering it causes GI distress, and the gluten-free options, such as the Glutino sandwich and Udi choc chip varieties, are pretty dismal and expensive.

by Anonymousreply 26February 8, 2019 6:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!