Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New Sabrina the Teenage Witch series coming to Netflix

Will Melissa Joan Hart return in a different role? She's very matronly and could play a frau relative.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 16, 2018 3:54 PM

Kiernan Shipka cast as Sabrina!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 5, 2018 10:13 PM

Original thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 5, 2018 11:13 PM

r2 A thread on the original series, to be precise. This one is about the new Netflix series.

by Anonymousreply 3January 5, 2018 11:14 PM

Salem the black cat was my favorite character on Sabrina.

by Anonymousreply 4January 5, 2018 11:17 PM

Sean Ryan Fox from "Henry Danger" would be perfect as Harvey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 6, 2018 5:21 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 6, 2018 6:05 AM

[bold]Melissa Joan Hart reacts to Netflix's Sabrina remake[/bold]

[quote]Sabrina Spellman will soon come to life again on Netflix’s dark adaptation of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina comics — but how does her original portrayer feel about that?

[quote]“Indifferent, really,” says Melissa Joan Hart, who initially brought the magical heroine to life on the ABC sitcom Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

[quote]Netflix’s upcoming adaptation is said to be a much darker take on the character, who will now be portrayed by Mad Men‘s Kiernan Shipka. “People kept asking for it, and they were already doing Riverdale, so I guess it made sense,” Hart continues. “I think they’re doing it in a smart way — change it up, don’t make it the same. If you’re going to do the same show, it probably would fall on its face, but I think what they’re doing is probably the smartest way to reboot something.”

[quote]Hart, who will next direct a February episode of ABC’s The Goldbergs, says she’s not opposed to appearing on, or even helming an episode of, the Netflix series, which recently scored a two-season pickup. “Never say never, but it would depend on the character they wrote,” Hart says. “I just don’t know where I would fit in. I would definitely take a look at the material if they sent it along.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 8, 2018 4:05 PM

She's going to play mother to a teenage girl who has this annoying habit of explaining everything.

by Anonymousreply 8February 8, 2018 4:13 PM

How many Negroes are they gonna cram into it this time around?

by Anonymousreply 9February 8, 2018 4:16 PM

[Quote] Hart, who will next direct a February episode of ABC’s The Goldbergs, says she’s not opposed to appearing on, or even helming an episode of, the Netflix series, which recently scored a two-season pickup. “Never say never, but it would depend on the character they wrote,” Hart says. “I just don’t know where I would fit in. I would definitely take a look at the material if they sent it along.”

So in other words as long as the character isn't satanic.

by Anonymousreply 10February 8, 2018 4:50 PM

Do you think they could get Hallmark Movie King Andrew W. Walker to reprise his role? That would make me interested.

by Anonymousreply 11February 8, 2018 4:55 PM

Will Sabrina be a cis-woman or a real woman?

by Anonymousreply 12February 8, 2018 4:57 PM

First look at Salem the cat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 9, 2018 9:24 PM

Remember when Jenny disappeared overnight without explanation and got replaced with some bitch called Valerie?

by Anonymousreply 14February 9, 2018 9:33 PM

Yes, R14. I hated that! Also missed Mr. Pool.

by Anonymousreply 15February 9, 2018 9:42 PM

The only thing I remember about Sabrina was the episode with the Backstreet Boys.

I doubt I'll be watching this especially if it's filled with a lot of teenager bull shit. I can't stand teenager bull shit. When I was a kid-yes. When I wa a teen-no. As an adult-no. Put her in college or something; better yet, have her graduating college and then living at home looking for a job and in the mean time fighting evil.

by Anonymousreply 16February 9, 2018 9:50 PM

[bold]Lucy Davis Cast As Aunt Hilda[/bold]

[quote]Davis will play Hilda Spellman, one of Sabrina’s two witch aunts. More nurturing than Zelda, Hilda’s motherly nature and warm sense of humor belie a wicked, ghoulish streak. She is as adept at brewing spite jars against her family’s enemies as she is at concocting love potions for the students at Baxter High.

[quote]In the 1996 ABC/WB series, Hilda was played by Caroline Rhea.

[quote]English actress Davis starred in the original British version of [italic]The Office[/italic]. She also is known for playing Dianne in [italic]Shaun of the Dead[/italic] and Etta Candy in [italic]Wonder Woman[/italic].

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 16, 2018 11:35 PM

I love the comics these are based on. In one story arc, a ancient demon who had a tryst with her father tires to kill Sabrina.

In another, a cult tries to forcibly marry her to C'thullu

by Anonymousreply 18February 17, 2018 5:28 PM

[quote]In another, a cult tries to forcibly marry her to C'thullu

Daaamn, that's proper scary! I had no idea the source material was so dark.

by Anonymousreply 19February 17, 2018 5:37 PM

Riverdale's Betty confirms crossovers and cameos are not happening.

[quote][bold]I’m thrilled that this “dark” Sabrina the Teenage Witch series is coming to television, but a little salty it’s on Netflix and not the CW anymore. If given the opportunity, would you want to swing by for a guest appearance as Betty to dabble in some magic?[/bold]

[quote]I think Betty’s solely in the Riverdale world and it doesn’t make sense for a crossover. That’s why the decision was ultimately made to move to Netflix — to make these Riverdale and Sabrina shows completely separate universes. I don’t really know what Roberto’s plan is for Sabrina or what aspect of the supernatural or magic will be used. I know that doesn’t exist in Riverdale. At least right now. So it wouldn’t make sense for those two worlds to collide. So, I’d say don’t expect Betty to be in that world. And that’s totally okay, because she’s got her own shit going on in Riverdale. [Laughs.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 19, 2018 1:05 PM

Its a shame, Sabrina started as just a side character in Archie comics. Crossover would be cool

by Anonymousreply 21February 19, 2018 1:19 PM

Please, oh please, cast Melissa's hubby on the show!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 19, 2018 1:35 PM

[Quote] I love the comics these are based on. In one story arc, a ancient demon who had a tryst with her father tires to kill Sabrina. In another, a cult tries to forcibly marry her to C'thullu

Both of those sound awesome! Would love it if they're storylines on the show.

by Anonymousreply 23February 19, 2018 2:53 PM

Damn her husband is HOT. Good job Melissa

by Anonymousreply 24February 19, 2018 3:04 PM

r22 That photo made me spontaneously salivate and I very rarely get that response. I can almost feel his chest hair stuck in my throat just by looking at him.

And then there's the homely Melissa next to him. Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 25February 19, 2018 3:15 PM

I like this one even better R25. I'd never let a guy like that out of bed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 19, 2018 3:20 PM

He's perfection!

by Anonymousreply 27February 19, 2018 5:58 PM

Doesn't look like Marks ever had his own thread. Shame. He's absurdly hot.

I am extremely pumped for the new Sabrina. Hope it's dark like the new stuff

by Anonymousreply 28February 19, 2018 5:59 PM

[bold]Netflix's Sabrina the Teenage Witch Series Finds Its Aunt Zelda[/bold]

[quote]Australian actress Miranda Otto, whose small-screen credits include roles on Homeland and 24: Legacy, will play Zelda Spellman in Netflix’s still-untitled Sabrina the Teenage Witch project, TVLine has learned. Her official description is as follows: “Proud and devout, Zelda believes there is no greater honor than serving the Dark Lord as a member of the Church of Night. She is the family’s disciplinarian, fiercely protective of Sabrina and very much Cain to Hilda’s Abel.”

[quote]Otto, an official series regular, joins previously announced cast members Kiernan Shipka (as Sabrina), Lucy Davis (as Aunt Hilda), Jaz Sinclair (as Sabrina’s BFF Rosalind), Michelle Gomez (as Sabrina’s possessed teacher Mary Wardell) and Chance Perdomo (as Sabrina’s cousin Ambrose).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 21, 2018 11:43 AM

Most people loved Salem (understandably) but the aunts always did it for me. I loved these bitches recounting their bad date stories with ancient historical figures.

by Anonymousreply 30February 21, 2018 12:16 PM

R29 Nice.

by Anonymousreply 31February 21, 2018 3:46 PM

R18 so this witch tried to jack my origin story? Time for a little Azarath Metrion Zinthos....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 21, 2018 4:37 PM

[bold]Netflix’s Sabrina Series Casts Richard Coyle As Father Blackwood[/bold]

[quote]Coyle’s Father Blackwood, is High Priest of the Church of Night and Dean of the Academy of the Unseen Arts. Ruthless and ambitious, Blackwood hides a terrifying dark agenda that will put him in direct conflict with Sabrina and other members of the coven.

[quote]Coyle recently appeared in the critically praised West End run of James Graham’s [italic]Ink[/italic] and in the lead role of Paul Sabine in Amazon miniseries [italic]The Collection[/italic]. He also recently recurred in BBC One and Hulu’s [italic]Hard Son[/italic] drama series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 23, 2018 10:55 AM

He's hot! And this character sounds interesting! Also it's news that Sabrina and her fam will be part of some coven.

by Anonymousreply 34February 23, 2018 12:13 PM

Richard Coyle being delicious in NBC's [italic]Crossbones[/italic] in 2014. 'Member that? [italic]Black Sails'[/italic] older, "special" brother that no one talks about.

And no, that's not Charlie Hunnam in the background; it's David Hoflin. You're welcome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 23, 2018 1:06 PM

[bold]Ross Lynch To Star As Harvey Kinkle In Netflix’s Sabrina Series[/bold]

[quote]Lynch will play Harvey Kinkle, Sabrina’s (Shipka) boyfriend. The prince charming of this dark fairy tale, Harvey is the son of a coal miner, a dreamboat and a dreamer, completely unaware of the dark forces conspiring to keep him and Sabrina apart.

[quote]Lynch is coming off a standout performance as the title character Jeffrey Dahmer in Dahmer’s younger years in FilmRise’s My Friend Dahmer. He can be seen next in the teenage comedy Status Update, starring opposite Courtney Eaton, Olivia Holt and Gregg Sulkin. His previous credits include starring roles in Disney Channel’s Austin & Ally and TV movie Teen Beach 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 14, 2018 9:26 PM

Mhm, yes, please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 14, 2018 9:26 PM

Oh, and this bit of casting news is also interesting...

[bold]Michelle Gomez & Chance Perdomo Join Netflix’s Sabrina The Teenage Witch Series[/bold]

[quote]Doctor Who alumna Michelle Gomez and newcomer Chance Perdomo are set as series regulars opposite Kiernan Shipka in Netflix’s Sabrina the Teenage Witch series.

[quote]Gomez will play Mary Wardell, Sabrina’s (Shipka) favorite teacher and mentor at Baxter High. When she is possessed by the devil’s handmaiden, Madam Satan, Ms. Wardell turns into a sultry, cunning manipulator, always trying to lure Sabrina down the Path of Night.

[quote]Perdomo will portray Ambrose Spellman, Sabrina’s warlock cousin from England. Placed under house arrest by the Witches Council, Ambrose is forbidden from leaving the funeral home where he lives with the Spellman women. Witty, puckish and pan-sexual, he is one of Sabrina’s partners in crime, always up for mischief.

I would watch Gomez read the proverbial phone book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 14, 2018 9:29 PM

And we missed this possible closeted homosexual joining as well...

[bold]Bronson Pinchot Joins Netflix’s Sabrina Series As Recurring[/bold]

[quote]Pinchot will play George Hawthorne, Baxter High’s villainous, Puritanical principal. He is a constant thorn in Sabrina’s (Shipka) side, always trying to thwart our heroine and her friends’ escapades.

[quote]Pinchot, best known for his role as Balki Bartokomous in ABC’s hit comedy series Perfect Strangers, has starred in the Beverly Hills Cop movies, True Romance, Risky Business and The First Wives Club, among others. On TV he recently recurred in Ray Donovan and guest-starred in The Mysteries Of Laura and NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 14, 2018 9:34 PM

A good old DL gossip thread about Pinchot from a decade ago. They don't make them like they used to, do they?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 14, 2018 9:35 PM

Is there a show Netflix WON'T pick up???

by Anonymousreply 41March 14, 2018 9:40 PM

I think Ross can act (that Dahmer movie got good reviews), but unless they change his look, I'm not really liking him for Harvey.

by Anonymousreply 42March 14, 2018 9:48 PM

r42 You mean they should cut his hair off? Or do you have something more sinister in mind?

by Anonymousreply 43March 14, 2018 9:51 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 15, 2018 1:55 AM

VERY excited about the casting news! IT looks like they are sticking close to the plot from R18 Madam Satan is the first antagonist

by Anonymousreply 45March 15, 2018 2:13 AM

[bold]Tati Gabrielle To Play Prudence In Netflix’s Sabrina Series[/bold]

[quote]Gabrielle will play Prudence, a student at the Academy of Unseen Arts and the de facto leader of a trio of witches known as the Weird Sisters. Beautiful and cunning, Prudence nurses a deep, personal, and possibly life-threatening grudge against Sabrina.

[quote]Gabrielle recurs on The CW’s The 100, Hulu’s Freakish and TBS’ animated series Tarantula.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46March 15, 2018 11:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 18, 2018 11:27 PM

Showrunner offers first look.

[quote]Well, it’s out there. A 1st look at Harvey and Sabrina from the “Chilling Adventures of #Sabrina.” ADORBS, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 4, 2018 6:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 5, 2018 4:08 PM

Shipka's coat in r49's photo has a [italic]gorgeous[/italic] ombré effect that's nowhere to be seen in r48's version. I guess it was just a trick of the light.

He looks like Simon in the official 'Love, Simon' poster.

by Anonymousreply 50April 5, 2018 4:33 PM

Is there any role for bankrupt Joey Lawrence in this? He’s Melissa’s former co-star in “Melissa and Joey”.

by Anonymousreply 51April 5, 2018 4:35 PM

R48 They look cute.

by Anonymousreply 52April 5, 2018 4:47 PM

Official title revealed to be “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 2, 2018 3:39 PM

Gorgeous promo art.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 11, 2018 2:05 PM

Love it R54

by Anonymousreply 55July 11, 2018 8:34 PM

Salem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 11, 2018 9:50 PM

Ew, this hideous "promo" was posted. This looks terrible so far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 13, 2018 11:12 PM

Nothing for me?

by Anonymousreply 58July 13, 2018 11:34 PM

Also that Salem staged picture makes no sense. Why light a pillar candle when there's an empty candleabra behind it? Why have a candleabra with no candles?

by Anonymousreply 59July 13, 2018 11:35 PM

[quote] Why have a candleabra with no candles?

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

by Anonymousreply 60July 13, 2018 11:47 PM

New pics

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 15, 2018 2:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 15, 2018 2:11 PM

The comics are Rosemary's Baby dark, so I'm excited.

by Anonymousreply 63August 15, 2018 5:03 PM

So am i R63

by Anonymousreply 64August 16, 2018 3:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!