Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Work Culture for Women

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 2, 2020 4:22 AM

Everyone should be covered with clothing from collarbone to ankles and wrists at all times.

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2017 2:54 PM

To some extent I agree with this...

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2017 3:02 PM

Not gonna happen. I've been reading lately the outrage over Matt Lauer's questioning of whether Anne Hathaway should not have flashed her vagina to paparazzi when exiting a limo. "He should have been fired then!! How dare he question Hathaway's right to public nudity!! It was the photographer's fault!!"

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2017 3:44 PM

What a woman wears has nothing to do with men harrassing them. Men need to learn boundaries and to look for dated/encounters elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2017 5:13 PM

R4 so men can wear tank tops to work?

by Anonymousreply 5August 15, 2018 2:33 AM

Mao Uniforms. We should all be in Mao uniforms whenever at work.

by Anonymousreply 6August 15, 2018 2:39 AM

We have a woman at work who wears what we call the hammock dress... it's crocheted. You can see through it. She wears flesh coloured under stuff beneath it.

And she's our VP HR.

by Anonymousreply 7August 15, 2018 2:40 AM

R7 spunky slut

by Anonymousreply 8August 15, 2018 2:46 AM

In my darling Mother's day, a proper lady never left the house without a hat, gloves, and stockings, and an appropriately made-up face and well-groomed hair.

So many young women run around today looking either like harlots or like someone's maid.

by Anonymousreply 9August 15, 2018 2:47 AM

r9, I bet in your darling mother's day, men wore suits instead of baggy shorts and sports shirts

by Anonymousreply 10August 15, 2018 2:52 AM

This society we have is amazing

by Anonymousreply 11August 15, 2018 5:01 AM

Women also play the "Daddy" game up. They fawn over any man in power and distrust any woman with similar authority and accomplishments.

There is one woman I work with (I'm a lawyer) and she is the first to call sexism anytime its convenient for her. She had the nerve to call me (a gay male of color immigrant from a working class family) PRIVILEGED.

Meanwhile, her father is a university professor and she got her judicial clerkship (a big deal for attorneys) thanks to her roommate's father (he was the judge). She fawns over the accomplishments of the (white) men in her family and in our firm and dismisses the work of any female lawyer she encounters.

Being the feminist that she is, she never fails to comment on women's appearances when she first interacts with them.

Whenever we are in group settings, she is first to run to the gentlemen to kiss their ass and follow them around like a puppy.

She also cries a lot when a man challenges her, because of course, its because she's a woman.

by Anonymousreply 12August 15, 2018 5:21 AM

R12 I have met women who are very similar in terms of personality. They will be the first to shriek "Misogyny! " over the slightest criticism so everyone is afraid to confront their behavior. They cry all day about how privileged straight white men are while behaving and dressing in ways that would get a straight white male fired. During the height of the me too moment, I couldn't help rolling my eyes at all the self pitying accounts of many female journalists, who would not have gotten where they are if straight men didn't find them attractive. Read the average "think piece " by a mainstream female journalist. Nine times out of ten, it is self absorbed valley girl rambling punctuated by curse words. Or alternatively, detailed histrionic accounts of their sex lives. The un PC truth is that the current crop of female journalists simply aren't very talented. These women are promoted mainly because they are either well connected or perceived as photogenic on both. And before the cries of "Misogyny! " start, I want to add that yes, attractive men do use their looks to get ahead. But it's mainly women who will play the victim afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 13August 15, 2018 6:49 AM

Op=Muslim

by Anonymousreply 14August 15, 2018 6:52 AM

[quote] Op=Muslim

Right because in the good Christian country that elected Donald Trump the pussy grabber President; only a Muslim would say such things.

by Anonymousreply 15August 15, 2018 8:51 AM

Men are vulgar to women no matter what they wear.

by Anonymousreply 16August 15, 2018 9:02 AM

Nothing will change until we let go of the silly "superior vs. inferior" status quo of affirming one's dominance over somebody else (including at work). It's one thing to have a boss and supervisor but it's a different thing of said boss and supervisor to abuse his power by mistreating his underlings in order to stroke his fragile ego.

by Anonymousreply 17August 15, 2018 11:22 AM

Same goes for men using sex to advance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 15, 2018 11:53 AM

What bugs me is that breeders get all sorts of privileges others don't, and we have to work harder because they take off to take care of their crotch fruit.

I say reward the child free employee with equal privilege !!More for not being irresponsible breeders!

by Anonymousreply 19August 15, 2018 12:04 PM

And if you cry at work, you get fired on the spot.

by Anonymousreply 20August 15, 2018 12:09 PM

[quote] (a gay male of color immigrant from a working class family)

And what color would that be? Everytime they say "of color", you know they're not black and not used to facing discrimination.

by Anonymousreply 21August 15, 2018 12:10 PM

Op, is this allowed in the office ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 15, 2018 12:13 PM

At our local high school, we had an interesting example of the different dynamics when it comes to men and women. The girls would wear knit short shorts, spaghetti strap tank tops/camisoles, and flip-flops to school- all clear violations of the dress code. Any discussion of the dress code created a whole firestorm of accusations of body shaming, male dominance, etc. A few of the girls were made to put on an oversized T-shirt to cover up and were sent home with a note to their parents, but this was the extent of the punishment.

A few of the guys decided to make a point by essentially wearing the same thing to school for one day, gym shorts, tank tops/T-shirts cut to spaghetti straps, and flip-flops. They were all suspended. No discussion. The fact that they were making about about a double standard was met with a double standard. A few of the parents of the boys were going to sue, but no attorney would take the case. They all said that there was no way for the boys to win in court.

by Anonymousreply 23August 15, 2018 12:29 PM

“I couldn't help rolling my eyes at all the self pitying accounts of many female journalists, who would not have gotten where they are if straight men didn't find them attractive. Read the average "think piece " by a mainstream female journalist.”

I roll my eyes at men who only want to hire attractive women.

by Anonymousreply 24August 15, 2018 12:30 PM

R24, studies have constantly shown that attractive people are hired over unattractive people and this is consistent between male and female employers. It isn't a male/female issue. It is a human issue.

by Anonymousreply 25August 15, 2018 12:33 PM

“It isn't a male/female issue. It is a human issue.”

It is a male/female isssue. Most decision makers apin corporate America are still men.

by Anonymousreply 26August 15, 2018 12:49 PM

If a woman is doing that in your office, OP, and it is genuinely causing you distress, then file a complaint with your company's H.R. Department and allege that the subject female's provocative apparel choices are creating a hostile work environment. Provoke an investigation.

If no one else in your work place feels as you do about the matter, it might not rise to an actual instance of hostile environment sexual harassment. If many other people in your work place are made uncomfortable by the woman's manner of dress, then a claim of hostile environment sexual harassment may ground. If so, your H.R. Department should 1) address the matter with the subject female and put an end to her inappropriate behavior, and 2) thank you for bringing the problematic work place behavior to the attention of management.

by Anonymousreply 27August 15, 2018 12:52 PM

[quote] It isn't a male/female issue. It is a human issue.

I love how when men are the ones with the problem, they have to drag women into it and call it a "human issue". Men are the ones who routinely hire someone based on whether they would sleep with them, not women.

by Anonymousreply 28August 15, 2018 12:56 PM

"Men" is much too broad to support that broadside of a claim, R28.

Can you be more specific, R28? If not, your entire statement is a vague generality and utterly sexist.

by Anonymousreply 29August 15, 2018 1:03 PM

Well someone's jealous that women get to wear provocative clothing to work!

by Anonymousreply 30August 15, 2018 1:04 PM

R28, Yet, there are at least two threads on DL about women abusing power. In the sexual case the woman was found guilty in court. There are, of course, other example not on DL. Your argument is exactly the same as saying that spousal abuse in a man issue and women cannot abuse their husbands.

by Anonymousreply 31August 15, 2018 2:12 PM

[quote] Yet, there are at least two threads on DL about women abusing power.

What two vs one-hundred? It's not even a contest.

by Anonymousreply 32August 16, 2018 3:27 AM

R21 Are you for real? Only blacks face are used to facing discrimination? GTFO.

by Anonymousreply 33August 16, 2018 4:27 AM

Great ,another misogynistic thread on DL.

Men are so weak.

by Anonymousreply 34August 16, 2018 5:29 AM

Women are strong, but please let them pass through doors first and by all means take their overpacked, should have been checked in, carry on luggage out of the overhead bins for them.

Oh and please schedule some flexibility into their careers for them so they can tend to their real priorities first.

Women are so whiny.

by Anonymousreply 35August 17, 2018 2:27 PM

r19 you are so right! I like to say that non-gay people are demographically irresponsible. Plus, children take up lots of oxygen and cause the subways to run slower.

by Anonymousreply 36August 18, 2018 4:27 AM

I think teaching straight boys not to grow up into shithead straight men would clear up many of these issues.

Case in point: my current Boss (soon-to-be ex, I hope) is a manipulative grifty obsessive woman who steals my wages and harasses me verbally off the clock plus routinely lies to me. Putting pieces together I have ample reason to believe that she is a spousal abuse victim, having recently met her husband and watched their interactions. My Boss seems to be passing on her abuse and it is ruining her life and the lives of her employees.

by Anonymousreply 37August 18, 2018 8:46 AM

Loose boundaries of any kind get to me when it comes to the workplace, even non-sexual ones. For example: I'm female, and I loathe female higher-ups/HR touching me affectionately without asking...or at all, really.

I'm only slightly spergy and I get that it's polite protocol to shake hands or what have you, but why the fuck does there need to be a hug? Or any other touch? My manager strokes my upper arm when giving occasional scraps of insincere praise or encouragement, then hugs me at the end of shift if I make enough money. It's so revolting and all I can do is stand there frozen with a stiff forced smile until it's over. How do you tell senior colleagues to knock off the touchy-feely-gropey instincts, for the sake of the averse among us?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 19, 2018 10:23 PM

A fast trip through women's work clothes history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 19, 2018 10:52 PM

Off we go to work. Mess with us and we'll cut you. Every smart working woman should carry a switchblade in her handbag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 19, 2018 10:55 PM

Women should dress in a professional manner if they have careers in professional fields. That means suits or smart, tailored clothing (but also comfortable) like my idol Jill Wine-Banks. Otherwise they just give off the image of being slobs and I've worked with plenty like that. One blowsy overweight frau in accounting would display half her large sagging breasts with her sloppy low cut blouses. I'm sure she was safe from sexual advances but she offended the eyes of her co-workers.

Women should also take a hint from Jill and wear brooches with secret messages.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 19, 2018 11:05 PM

You’re horrible, OP

by Anonymousreply 42October 2, 2020 12:12 AM

[quote] [R4] so men can wear tank tops to work?

Not equivalent.

Well hung men should be able to wear something that showcases their cock at work.

by Anonymousreply 43October 2, 2020 4:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!