Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anthony Rapp shares the tweets he's gotten bullying him since revealing Spacey's abuse

See link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187January 2, 2018 12:07 AM

Could you share a link to the original story Broadwaywallow is undoubtedly quoting?

potato!

by Anonymousreply 1November 30, 2017 7:07 PM

I didn't realize that criticism was harassment.

This guy is a fucking tool.

by Anonymousreply 2November 30, 2017 7:07 PM

As much as I do understand him, but sorry, he is an asshole for NOT blacking out their names and post their comments anonymously.

by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2017 7:08 PM

He should have expected the backlash.

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2017 7:09 PM

What a douche. And if you think Anthony Rapp's story of abuse is about anything BUT promoting Anthony Rapp, I have a bridge to sell you. An actor is an actor is an actor... and he brought down a respected gay man in the process. Hope your show gets some ratings, cunt, I won't be watching it.

Ask him about the gay guy he was dating that he treated so badly he committed suicide after. He's a dick.

by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2017 7:09 PM

Something about Rapp REALLY bugs me. He’s a baby.

by Anonymousreply 6November 30, 2017 7:09 PM

R5 -

[quote] An actor is an actor is an actor... and he brought down a respected gay man in the process.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Respected gay man? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

by Anonymousreply 7November 30, 2017 7:13 PM

Wow, Anthony Rapp is just as loathsome as Spacey. What a vengeful little bitch. C'mon over to DL, Anthony, and see what your fellow gay men think of you.

by Anonymousreply 8November 30, 2017 7:14 PM

Keep laughing at his two Oscars, cunt at R7. That's respect.

I am actually happy that some of the tide is turning against Rapp already. We may not have seen the last of Spacey after all.

by Anonymousreply 9November 30, 2017 7:17 PM

I would laugh at his Oscars. I would laugh in his face over his terrible job hosting the Tonys. I'd point and laugh at whichever hairpiece he was wearing that day.

by Anonymousreply 10November 30, 2017 7:21 PM

Anthony Rapp was a 14-year-old WHORE. He knew what he was after when he went to Spacey's party, and when he didn't get it, he lied about what happened and perpetuate the lie for decades.

by Anonymousreply 11November 30, 2017 7:22 PM

He's basically opening up all those people to harassment now.

by Anonymousreply 12November 30, 2017 7:25 PM

R8 - he wasn't OUT when he received his Oscars or his Tony award. He is a highly respected actor; he is not a respected gay man.

There is a difference.

by Anonymousreply 13November 30, 2017 7:25 PM

Anthony Rapp used to entertain underage boys in his dressing room during his time in Rent. He'd also befriend them online and tell them- if you're ever in NY, let me know. I'll set up tickets for you and your family and then you can come visit me afterwards backstage. Hypocrite city.

by Anonymousreply 14November 30, 2017 7:28 PM

Hypocrite city? Did he tell the COME ALONE or did he tell them he'd get tickets for them and their families?

by Anonymousreply 15November 30, 2017 7:31 PM

Of course he spent time with them alone or no one would have been talking about it while it was going on. Jesus, you Rapp Stans are really extra thick.

by Anonymousreply 16November 30, 2017 7:34 PM

[quote]As much as I do understand him, but sorry, he is an asshole for NOT blacking out their names and post their comments anonymously.

[quote]He's basically opening up all those people to harassment now.

Serves them right. Actions have consequences. They may have a right to disagree with them but on social media they have no right to privacy if they piss someone else off.

by Anonymousreply 17November 30, 2017 7:36 PM

Wow, people post crybaby anger posts because their favorite show got cancelled ON THE INTERNET, and somehow Anthony is morally obliged to keep their posts secret. WHAT? You reap what you sow you little twits. Stand up for what you said ON THE INTERNET.

by Anonymousreply 18November 30, 2017 7:36 PM

Since when is a closeted coward a respected gay man? Spacey is an asshole, sorry if that means your favorite show got cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 19November 30, 2017 7:38 PM

That's just outrage over HOC.

Can you imagine the sturm und drang if the last season of Game of Thrones was cancelled because of an accusation on a cast member or producer

Armageddon!!!!

by Anonymousreply 20November 30, 2017 7:43 PM

This isn't about House of Cards for them. This is about assholes having to face the consequences of their asshole actions. They are afraid that that status quo (where creepy assholes can get away with being creepy assholes) is threatened and ready to fall like a house of cards. That's why they are doing all this victim shaming where a victim is selfish costing other people their job and a total famewhore for doing it now when he or she should have stayed quiet like a proper victim should.

by Anonymousreply 21November 30, 2017 7:44 PM

That Jules lady sounds nuts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 30, 2017 7:50 PM

Wow, I see some of you were the ones posting him shit. He has saved other kids from sexual assault and there is no fucking TV show, movie, band, politician, actor or singer who is more important than protecting men, women, and children from this crap and protecting their mental health. Some of you are really sick and obviously predators. If you are stupid enough to care more about a TV show then protecting young gay men and willing to send him that shit you deserve to have it made public.

by Anonymousreply 23November 30, 2017 7:53 PM

Crazy isn't it, R23. I mean, people have speculated for years here on DL that Spacey was a creep, now all of a sudden it's Rapp's fault? Besides, Rapp told this story to The Advocate in 2001, it's not even new. As far as the people tweeting him shit, he's not revealing anything about their identity that the general public couldn't have seen by reading through the threads, and his amping their tweets? Well good. I hate cowards that hide behind the 'net. If they can dish it out they should take it as well.

by Anonymousreply 24November 30, 2017 8:08 PM

The piling on here of Rapp and calling Spacey 'respected' is really bizarre.

Spacey hasn't been respected here on DL ever that I know of.

He has always been a source of mockery by gays.

by Anonymousreply 25November 30, 2017 8:12 PM

Why would a 14 yr old be allowed to remain as the last guest at a late night adult house party? Where were his parents and why didn't they wonder where he was at such late hours? Rapp was also a young gayling in the NYC theater community, he was likely at least a little more savvy then most of us. I don't doubt his encounter is mostly true yet how was he allowed to be in the situation?

If he indeed managed to be at the party without his parents knowing then even at fourteen he has to be accountable for making such a poor decision. Moreso, since he seemed to be aghast at what he'd gotten himself into.

by Anonymousreply 26November 30, 2017 8:12 PM

"As much as I do understand him, but sorry, he is an asshole for NOT blacking out their names and post their comments anonymously."

The internet is public domain - why should they expect privacy for things they posted in the public sphere?

by Anonymousreply 27November 30, 2017 8:14 PM

[quote]he brought down a respected gay man

Really, r5? You respected Kevin Spacey?

by Anonymousreply 28November 30, 2017 8:16 PM

It's insane. The only explanation is that the Spacey fans/defenders found DL after the story broke.

Do you hold the Moore victims accountable, R26? They were the same age as Rapp. 14 year olds make poor decisions all the time, that's why adults shouldn't have sex with them or even make drunken passes at them.

by Anonymousreply 29November 30, 2017 8:16 PM

"Chazari" (as in danielchazariphoto) means "garbage" in Yiddish.

by Anonymousreply 30November 30, 2017 8:17 PM

So it's Rapp fault he's revealing what Spacey did to him? Rapp is just supposed to hold it inside for the sake of Spacey's career?

Plus numerous other people have come out and complained what Spacey did to them. If Rapp hasn't come out there would be hundreds more Spacey would have abused.

by Anonymousreply 31November 30, 2017 8:37 PM

What's more is SPACEY COMPLETELY ADMITS HE DID THIS!! So why are his supporters complaining and demanding proof?

by Anonymousreply 32November 30, 2017 8:39 PM

Can't stand mealy-mouth ninny Rapp. Nothing to do with Spacey the Sleaze. Rapp has always struck me as minimally talented and maximally entitled. Besides "Rent," in which he played an entitled hipster (i.e., a slightly more interesting version of himself), has he ever done anything to warrant a career in the entertainment industry that so many genuinely talented people can't break into? (And no, that doesn't include me, so don't cry jealousy, bitches.) Worst of all, he's always seemed like the PC Police to me, and I do mean long before his Spacey allegations ever came to the table. At least Spacey knows he's an asshole; Rapp casts himself as a plaster saint, pun intended.

by Anonymousreply 33November 30, 2017 8:46 PM

R32, they’re not defending Spacey, they’re defending themselves. They know they’re sick too but unlike Spacey, aren’t for amours but deluded themselves into thinking their victims will come after them.

by Anonymousreply 34November 30, 2017 8:51 PM

[quote] What's more is SPACEY COMPLETELY ADMITS HE DID THIS!! So why are his supporters complaining and demanding proof?

Actually, Spacey didn't admit it. He said he didn't remember it, but apologized, anyway. That's not a defense of Spacey, just the facts, though I'm sure some of you more unhinged ghouls haunting the DL will point and shriek PEDO, because it gives you something to do to break up the monotony.

by Anonymousreply 35November 30, 2017 8:51 PM

Didn’t this guy have a real problem with gays for a long time? He didn’t even say that he was gay? I get a strong homophobic vibe from him.

by Anonymousreply 36November 30, 2017 8:54 PM

r33 There are more famous actors that aren't all that talented than ones that are. So what if Rapp is one of them? Blame the casting directors. Or do you think Rapp should have turned down paying work so they could cast someone better?

by Anonymousreply 37November 30, 2017 8:56 PM

[quote]though I'm sure some of you more unhinged ghouls haunting the DL will point and shriek PEDO,

Well, it just adds to the belief of what people think here in that gay men touch children. Or, whomever posts here but it’s certainly a lotthat all share the same sentiment. It’s all very anti-gay and 1960s homophobic, like Anita Bryant homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 38November 30, 2017 8:57 PM

r36 If you're talking about Spacey then yes.

by Anonymousreply 39November 30, 2017 9:01 PM

Kevin Spacey is a predator and a pedophile. Respected? Uhhhmmmm NO! I don't think so!

by Anonymousreply 40November 30, 2017 9:02 PM

Who the fuck CARES what happens to Kevin Spacey???? My god, if the entire entertainment industry came crashing down tomorrow, the effect on my life would be about the same as a snowflake falling on Neptune. I don’t see why actors we will never ever meet should matter in the slightest.

by Anonymousreply 41November 30, 2017 9:03 PM

R29, the Moore victims are girls, not gay boys with the expected experience of Rapp being a very big city kid on Broadway. I see a difference, even though 14 yr olds make lousy decisions all the time they still must take accountability, albeit not full accountability for those decisions. Even the law sees that. And again, where the hell were his parents and why was he allowed to be there at that late hour in the first place? He also reported that he left on his own. He had no curfew? Assuming they did allow him to go why would parents let their child be in the middle of NYC in the middle of the night by themself?

by Anonymousreply 42November 30, 2017 9:04 PM

R37, I'm not blaming Rapp for taking the offers he's been fortunate enough to get. I'm blaming him for seemingly believing that he actually deserves them.

by Anonymousreply 43November 30, 2017 9:05 PM

What kind of logic is that, R42? Moore victims are innocent, but Rapp is partially to blame?

by Anonymousreply 44November 30, 2017 9:14 PM

r43 Ok I can see that. Every actor I know is like that so it doesn't bother me.

r42 Are you the boys/men can't be raped troll?

by Anonymousreply 45November 30, 2017 9:15 PM

R33, primetime television is filled to capacity with minimally talented actors who fully believe that they are deserving of accolades and careers. Check out the cast of any NBC scripted drama, most of those people are very minimally talented and yet they have success, fame, and money.

by Anonymousreply 46November 30, 2017 9:26 PM

[quote] he is an asshole for NOT blacking out their names and post their comments anonymously.

How so? It's not like he's posting mails sent to him. These are on social media. Their anonymity is not Rapp's lookout.

by Anonymousreply 47November 30, 2017 9:26 PM

I like him. I'm glad he called out Spacey. and good for him for not blacking out the names - why should he? they're public profiles

by Anonymousreply 48November 30, 2017 9:40 PM

Oh brother! Some of you are really acting like snowflakes by insisting that Rapp is some delicate flower that had no idea of the mess he'd gotten into. Jesus Christ R44 and 45 of course boys and men can be raped. Stop trying to interject your SJW views. If you could use some critical thinking you might understand the situation in its entirety. Spacey should have used adult judgement, I would never say he did. I'm questioning the actions of Rapp and his parents. I was 14 once, and likely from a much less sophisticated place than Rapp, and my parents wouldn't have allowed me to be at that party, out at that hour, and with no discernible plan on how to return home.

Get off your horse and see that while teenage brains are wired to take risks Rapp is a NYC gay broadway kid who was probably more experienced than his peers. Maybe thats why his parents didn't provide direction or supervision? Regardless he and his parents put him in a risky situation with more than expected results.

Consider one more thing...once he was safely out of Spacey's apartment, was he now completely safe in NYC at that hour? Who does say is entirely to blame for that?

by Anonymousreply 49November 30, 2017 9:40 PM

R49 - Kevin Spacey, how do they let you have internet access at rehab?

by Anonymousreply 50November 30, 2017 9:42 PM

Jules/R49, come to London! We’ll show you lots of guys who were hit on by creepy Spacey and his midnight prowls. He deserves his downfall.

By the way, criticising Rapp’s parents is beautiful. You should definitely write the NAMBLA Christmas newsletter.

by Anonymousreply 51November 30, 2017 9:44 PM

That’s would be N*MBLA above

by Anonymousreply 52November 30, 2017 9:45 PM

Lol r50!

I give up. You guys are such daisies, good luck in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 53November 30, 2017 9:47 PM

r49 It doesn't matter if Rapp's parents made a mistake letting him go. That doesn't give Spacey a pass for what he did and it doesn't put any blame on Rapp since he was still the kid in the situation. You go on as if you're making some big point but you're not.

by Anonymousreply 54November 30, 2017 9:56 PM

Don’t give up, R53! We need you! Who else will teach us about the real world? We’re just innocents, like...like...

...like 14 year old gay boys with shameless parents! Or does that mean we’re asking for it?

Too soon?

by Anonymousreply 55November 30, 2017 9:58 PM

Jesus, does R34 just hang out here all day and call people pedophiles? Get her the fuck off of DL.

And, yeah, I respect Spacey's talent big time. And Harvey's brains too and the fact that he got the good movies out to us, right down to the last couple of years ("Lion", "Carol", "Imitation Game", so many others). Nothing will change that -- and I look forward to both of their returns and their future work. You prudes need to stay home and out of the goddam movie business (not that any of you are in it).

by Anonymousreply 56November 30, 2017 10:13 PM

Cunt away, R55. Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 57November 30, 2017 10:15 PM

Awww, you hurt my feelings, R57! Come on, Jules, where’s your sense of humour? I’ll tell you what: think of Kevin Spacey’s dry, cutting wit in his award-winning performance in K-Pax and let that inspire you!

Did I write K-Pax? I meant American Beauty.

No, wait, K-Pax. K-Pax.

by Anonymousreply 58November 30, 2017 10:20 PM

R58, you're typing like a little boy.

by Anonymousreply 59November 30, 2017 10:22 PM

Actually R58, more like a little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 60November 30, 2017 10:24 PM

Not TOO little, I hope R59! If Kevin Spacey’s around, he’ll be fucking me in the arse for sure if I’m not careful! He could be anywhere!

Protect me, Jules! Or maybe you can hold my legs open while Kevin Spacey fingers me.

by Anonymousreply 61November 30, 2017 10:29 PM

I am confused. I was under the impression that Rapp went into Spacey's bedroom by himself, took his clothes off, got under the covers, and waited for Spacey to come in and fuck him. Is this not what happened?

by Anonymousreply 62November 30, 2017 10:34 PM

^you've been reading too much DL, R62.

by Anonymousreply 63November 30, 2017 10:41 PM

R61, you're straining for sarcasm and humor. It should be effortless. Take a nap, buddy.

by Anonymousreply 64November 30, 2017 10:41 PM

You're right, hausfraus, Rapp has made the world a safer place for precocious 14 year old boys hiding under the covers upstairs at adult parties. He is a godsend.

Now nothing will happen to those kids. But then, nothing happened to Rapp either by his own admission. But nobody seems to care about that detail.

Still waiting for those surefire Paz de la Huerta rape charges to be filed against Harvey too. Not coming?! of course they are not.

by Anonymousreply 65November 30, 2017 10:42 PM

W&W for R7.

by Anonymousreply 66November 30, 2017 10:43 PM

He wasn't hiding under the covers, R65.

by Anonymousreply 67November 30, 2017 10:45 PM

everytim i see him all i see is that he has that space alien sissy spacek white eyelash fluttering weirdness

by Anonymousreply 68November 30, 2017 10:48 PM

Rapp is a slut and was asking for it. Did you see that provocative flannel jacket and scarf he wore in Rent? Once a whore always a whore

by Anonymousreply 69November 30, 2017 10:50 PM

See Jules/R64? I did not know that sarcasm and humour should be effortless. You’ve taught me a great lesson in comedy. That’s why we need you! I shall always think of you as a benefactress.

Too bad Anthony Rapp didn’t have more of a sense of humour. He could have been lollipopping on Spacey’s dong! That boy is just too serious. Kids, huh?

by Anonymousreply 70November 30, 2017 10:53 PM

So.Many.Trolls.

by Anonymousreply 71November 30, 2017 10:54 PM

No, you're right, my eyes landed on that in a post before it. He was not hiding under covers, he was watching TV but somehow drunk Kevin picked him up and carried him over the threshold and then fell on him in the bed, Rapp slid his way out from under him and that was that. For all we know, they laughed about it and went on with their lives for 30 years until it became fashionable to yack to the press about perceived slights.

Or maybe Kevin fell asleep and didn't remember a moment of it -- but it might've been nice to talk about it with him first instead of the press. But, hey, what fun would that be. And there's no such thing as bad press especially when folks will praise you for being "brave".

by Anonymousreply 72November 30, 2017 10:55 PM

R70, I say this with all kindness and empathy.... You're bombing. Get off the stage.

by Anonymousreply 73November 30, 2017 10:56 PM

That's not how it went either, R72. Spacey didn't fall on him and Rapp said he tried to "get with him sexually," and he told his story to The Advocate in 2001.

by Anonymousreply 74November 30, 2017 11:01 PM

Oh, Jules/R73. You are a shiny beacon of kindness and empathy. Like Kevin Spacey in his one-man wank-fest as Clarence Darrow. You should have been there. Tears. I had tears running down my face.

But, you know, if Anthony Rapp hadn’t made up such a horrible story about Princess Kevin, we’d never have known you here on our own dear DL. That would REALLY have been a bomb. But think of it this way: Kevin can make a HUGE comeback playing Fagin in Oliver!

by Anonymousreply 75November 30, 2017 11:06 PM

I'm trying to picture what the Jules troll must look like. It's not hard to imagine.

by Anonymousreply 76November 30, 2017 11:16 PM

Did you picture this, R76?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 30, 2017 11:18 PM

Who the hell is Jules? She can't be any worse than the whiney fucker who keeps mentioning her.

by Anonymousreply 78November 30, 2017 11:33 PM

"He said he didn't remember it, but apologized, anyway. That's not a defense of Spacey, just the facts, though I'm sure some of you more unhinged ghouls haunting the DL will point and shriek PEDO, because it gives you something to do to break up the monotony."

If you believe he doesn't remember, then I have a bridge to sell you. And it's hardly "unhinged" to attack someone for going after 14-year-olds, you sound like a truly bad person.

"Some of you are really acting like snowflakes by insisting that Rapp is some delicate flower that had no idea of the mess he'd gotten into."

Yawn, whining about "snowflakes" and "SJWs" reveals you to be a right-wing moron. The delicate flowers are the Spacey fans who can't handle the truth about precious Kevin. If you had posted about here YEARS ago, you would know the truth - that Spacey is a rapist and child molester.

by Anonymousreply 79December 1, 2017 12:14 AM

[quote] If you believe he doesn't remember, then I have a bridge to sell you. And it's hardly "unhinged" to attack someone for going after 14-year-olds, you sound like a truly bad person.

Reading comprehension must have molested you as a child, because clearly you've stayed far, far away from it ever since.

by Anonymousreply 80December 1, 2017 12:18 AM

r80, look who's talking. You and the other Spacey defenders are the dumbest people alive.

by Anonymousreply 81December 1, 2017 12:27 AM

R79, I've likely been at datalounge years before you even heard of it. You're a typical newbie, claiming any view that's not your own is moronic and right wing. Take some time off bitch, and come back when you can grow a mostache.

by Anonymousreply 82December 1, 2017 12:34 AM

*mustache

by Anonymousreply 83December 1, 2017 12:37 AM

Just because Spacey is very talented doesn't mean he can't be a total creep.

People have been loathing him on this board for years and not because of his skills as an actor or his toupee.

Ok well maybe his toupee has something to do with it but not everything.

by Anonymousreply 84December 1, 2017 12:37 AM

R81, lol at your "look who's talking" retort. Did you poke your tongue out too?

Go to your room while the adults mingle.

by Anonymousreply 85December 1, 2017 12:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86December 1, 2017 12:47 AM

[quote]Yawn, whining about "snowflakes" and "SJWs" reveals you to be a right-wing moron.

No it doesn't. Saying it does reveals you to be a horse's ass.

by Anonymousreply 87December 1, 2017 12:51 AM

r85, your "go to your room" retort would only pass for wit in the third grade. You sound like a very dumb Spacey frau. Are you SS Terri?

r87 is pissed for being called out as a republican troll.

by Anonymousreply 88December 1, 2017 1:17 AM

Interestingly one of the comments responding to the Advocate claims that Alan Ladd was homosexual.

How come we always get the usual suspects Cary Grant, Rock Hudson, James Dean...but somebody like Ladd never comes up?

Is this guy taking a random pot shot?

I mean Maureen O'Hara outs of all people John Ford in her autobio. Who would have believed it? I only wish she had named the famous actor he was kissing. Why Ford but not the actor? Was he a big star whose name if mentioned would have infuriated a lot of people and somebody she was friends with? John Wayne? Jimmy Stewart? Henry Fonda? Gary Cooper? Well Cooper rumors were big in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 89December 1, 2017 1:21 AM

My sides, r88!!

by Anonymousreply 90December 1, 2017 1:23 AM

r89, perhaps the actor was still alive when the book came out

r90,go back to free republic

by Anonymousreply 91December 1, 2017 1:24 AM

[quote][R87] is pissed for being called out as a republican troll.

You would be pissed too, R88, if you weren't "a republican troll." What are you going whip out next, "Breitbartian"? "Stormfront"?

by Anonymousreply 92December 1, 2017 1:26 AM

Looks like I touched a nerve. Did you just get back from a Roy Moore rally?

by Anonymousreply 93December 1, 2017 1:35 AM

Really pathetic thread and worth ignoring. These trolls just decided to invade DL with no knowledge that Spacey was outed as a pedo fucking years ago right here.

by Anonymousreply 94December 1, 2017 1:48 AM

Right, r93. I put on my jetpak and was instatransported to Alabama.

by Anonymousreply 95December 1, 2017 1:49 AM

That's Anthony on the bottom right. Three years later is when the Spacey incident occurred. Rapp's fault though, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96December 1, 2017 1:53 AM

r96, clearly he's a trampy-looking slut who was asking for it.

by Anonymousreply 97December 1, 2017 1:55 AM

Screw all of you victim blaming pedophile loving twats. Get a fucking grip.

by Anonymousreply 98December 1, 2017 1:59 AM

The terms "bullied" and "middle aged man" should NEVER be unsarcastically used in a sentence together.

by Anonymousreply 99December 1, 2017 2:04 AM

For you linear thinkers.... here's Rapp at the age where he went to the press over Spacey. Not his fault that it happened,. no, definitely his fault that he yacked to the world for his own benefit. He was old enough here to know better. Assholes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100December 1, 2017 2:04 AM

Yacked to the world for his own benefit?

Why the fuck not? It's his story to tell whenever he feels like it.

by Anonymousreply 101December 1, 2017 2:05 AM

A big problem is SO MANY PEOPLE knew about Spacey but said nothing. For years. Tons of people were abused by Spacey in the mean time.

THANK YOU, Anthony Rapp, for having the courage finally to out this pedo.

by Anonymousreply 102December 1, 2017 2:07 AM

(Even you logic-impaired fools HAVE to know this is not good for the gay community, right? His story to tell and we all get to reap the response to it. And it wasn't even a very good story to boot).

by Anonymousreply 103December 1, 2017 2:07 AM

Fucking hilarious, R102, TONS of kids were abused by Spacey? TONS of grown men were abused by Spacey? You are out of your mind -- and you HAVE to be a woman. No way I'd believe otherwise.

"Thank you, Anthony Rapp, THANK YOU!" And be sure and watch his new show too, you silly cow.

by Anonymousreply 104December 1, 2017 2:09 AM

And be sure and go tell Rapp how brave he is, R102, on his Twitter page. That's what this is all about anyway, just the result he wanted from the start, and he is thrilled there are people out there like you who will believe anything.

by Anonymousreply 105December 1, 2017 2:12 AM

From the link at R86;

[quote] To The Advocate, Steele clarified that he may have known of Rapp’s encounter with Spacey “years before we put it in the magazine,” as early as 1994. Many others did as well, he said. BuzzFeed confirmed that Rapp had told friends and partners as early as 1990.

Rapp didn't make this up in 2017 to get back at Spacey as some people are implying, AND, it was Unruh back in early October who was the first to speak publicly about Spacey this year, not Rapp. HoC was ending anyway, so Rapp's story did not put anyone out of work. Are you new here, R104? The rumors about Spacey have existed here for years now.

by Anonymousreply 106December 1, 2017 2:14 AM

I believe Rapp was a victim. His parents should be ashamed for allowing him to be in that situation in the first place. Spacey is a well known perv.

At the same time Rapp could be smarmy and milking this for publicity.

by Anonymousreply 107December 1, 2017 2:29 AM

[quote]Wow, Anthony Rapp is just as loathsome as Spacey. What a vengeful little bitch. C'mon over to DL, Anthony, and see what your fellow gay men think of you.

r8, a few things:

1 - Enough with the bierasure. Rapp identifies as bisexual, not gay. 2 - Rapp's account is buttressed by the numerous other cases of assault levied at Spacey. 3 - Spacey is a perv who tried to use coming out as gay as a smokescreen to his predatory behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 108December 1, 2017 2:30 AM

Where is Anna Storelli when we need her?

by Anonymousreply 109December 1, 2017 2:35 AM

Stacey was what,26 when this happened? And admittedly very drunk when it occurred? Now I ask you bitches,do YOU remember every drunken pass you ever made? I believe Spacey when he says he doesnt recall. I sure as hell dont remember everything I did drunk,and more than once I woke up not having a clue where I was or who I was with. Is Kevin a massive creep ? Absolutely,but dont act like some of you didnt pull some creepy sex shit in your day.Maybe not with a teen,but just as unwanted and sleazy. Think about it,girls.

by Anonymousreply 110December 1, 2017 2:37 AM

r103 What wasn't good for us was Spacey being a closeted fucker his whole successful career and then using us as a lifeline when he realized it was about to fall to shit. Spacey's time was up as soon as the metoo trend took off, blaming Rapp is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 111December 1, 2017 2:39 AM

Not all of us are whores.

by Anonymousreply 112December 1, 2017 2:40 AM

Yup, R110, I've done plenty of stupid things when drunk. Making a pass at a teenage boy is not one of them.

by Anonymousreply 113December 1, 2017 2:41 AM

Thank god for this thread so I can keep my ignored list up to date. The N*MBLA pedo apologists are truly the most revolting group of people ever to lurk on DL and are ruining nearly every sexual harassment thread. I think its likely just one troll on multiple devices (the "men can't be raped" troll is a seperate evil who types eerily like the goyim troll).

DataLounge these days feels like the wall of an insane asylum. Same three or four fucking psychos rubbing their blood, piss and shit all over it. They make me miss the days of John.

by Anonymousreply 114December 1, 2017 2:43 AM

He was 14, Spacey shouldn't have touched him. This is all his fault, and it's not as if Rapp is the only one that ever said anything against him.

by Anonymousreply 115December 1, 2017 3:02 AM

Wow, r114. How long have you been under the impression that DL had positive discourse? Its DL for Christ sake.

"Ruining every sexual harassment thread"....how come there can't be at least one good sexual harassment thread?? are you pulling your hair out at the depravity?!

Grow some balls.

by Anonymousreply 116December 1, 2017 3:03 AM

Other than Rapp, no other under 18 has come forward, and as bad as his actions were with Rapp, I think portraying him as a pedophile is a bit of a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 117December 1, 2017 3:13 AM

There was one other 14 year old that came forward, R117.

by Anonymousreply 118December 1, 2017 3:14 AM

r117, there was a guy who said he had a sexual relationship with Spacey when he was 14 and Spacey was 25 or so.

by Anonymousreply 119December 1, 2017 3:19 AM

R70 that's creepy and disgusting. But you belong to NAMBLA.

by Anonymousreply 120December 1, 2017 3:24 AM

That should read N A M B L A

by Anonymousreply 121December 1, 2017 3:32 AM

Agreed R98, Spacey is a pedo/hebephile and a sexual predator.

by Anonymousreply 122December 1, 2017 3:33 AM

A woman came forward who was 17.

by Anonymousreply 123December 1, 2017 3:38 AM

When I was a teenager, I got bullied by a bigger, stronger, mean-spirited sociopath. His cruelty had a negative impact on my high school years that I still remember. By today's standards, I should be able to find him on social media, report to the entire internet how he treated me 35 years ago, and whatever job he works at now should immediately terminate him.

by Anonymousreply 124December 1, 2017 3:50 AM

Can I trade traumas with Anthony? Hate to steal focus and everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125December 1, 2017 3:56 AM

[quote]Now I ask you bitches,do YOU remember every drunken pass you ever made?

Yup. Every single one. Next?

by Anonymousreply 126December 1, 2017 3:59 AM

[quote]no, definitely his fault that he yacked to the world for his own benefit.

Except that he didn't get any "benefit" from this.

[quote]He was old enough here to know better. Assholes.

He was fucking 14 years old. And if you're talking about his comments today, it's precisely because he now "knows better" that he's coming out with this.

[quote]please tell me you are all women

Nope. Just your average gay man who will not defend a sexual predator.

by Anonymousreply 127December 1, 2017 4:02 AM

r124 If your bully was a teacher or adult that could be doing the same to other kids now then yeah. If he was just a shitty kid then no.

by Anonymousreply 128December 1, 2017 4:06 AM

IT'S THE CHILD'S FAULT!!!!! CAN'T YOU SEE THAT?!?!? WHY WON'T YOU LET THE PREDATORS LIVE IN PEACE? WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE POOR RAPISTS?!?!?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 129December 1, 2017 4:07 AM

[quote]A woman came forward who was 17.

r123, I hadn't heard about that one. That, plus his coming out statement, make it clear that he's bi, not gay. But he didn't think he would get the same sympathetic reaction if he tacked on the fact that he is bisexual on his statement. It's clear he, and his handlers, made a calculated decision to come out as a gay man in a cunning move to lessen the impact of the charges. Stop the bierasure, let the bis have him.

by Anonymousreply 130December 1, 2017 2:31 PM

Actually, the bis have already claimed him as one of their own (see link). Has the media picked up on this? Because I would really like for them to stop referring to him as a gay man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131December 1, 2017 2:43 PM

Rapp is making a mountain out of a molehill. Look its social media. Everyone has an opinion & there is going to be a ton of trolling. Get over it & ignore the idiots. Spacey is still the guilty party here. Its not like these people arent believing Rapp's story, which is more important than the fate of a TV show. And I went to Rapp's IG. You have to go through tons of positive comments to see the negative ones. So Rapp is being petty here. Spacey has been punished, Rapp has been lauded. Its time for Rapp to move on.

by Anonymousreply 132December 1, 2017 2:47 PM

And Spacey is as gay as the day is long.

by Anonymousreply 133December 1, 2017 2:49 PM

I'm glad that some trolls are being exposed. I just hate internet cowards. If you're brave enough to troll and fangirl over Spacey despite his actions, then too bad if your tweet or whatever gets highlighted. I agree Rapp needs to move on, but I do see where he's coming from here too.

The story of Spacey's female victim was an odd one. She went to his apartment and rejected him, and he gave her the cold shoulder afterwards, and his ignoring her caused her distress, that's the gist of it, correct?

by Anonymousreply 134December 1, 2017 2:55 PM

Pretty much.... a non story.

by Anonymousreply 135December 1, 2017 3:00 PM

Just like Rapp's original one.

And you are insane if you think he is not benefiting from this. He's being talked about again and he's an actor so he loves it. AND he gets to play Brave Victim, this year's new Black.

by Anonymousreply 136December 1, 2017 3:07 PM

Hmm, so you think a grown man picking up a 14 year old, lying on top of him, an making an attempt to "get with him" (or however Rapp put it) is a non story, especially given that the adult in question was Kevin Spacey? I don't see how Rapp is really benefiting either, he was already working on Star Trek and it's not like gigs are going to come out of the woodwork for him over this.

by Anonymousreply 137December 1, 2017 3:16 PM

Rapp's Spacey story is not a problem.

Being on that POS Star Trek: Discovery...now THAT IS a problem.

by Anonymousreply 138December 1, 2017 3:19 PM

You guys are either very generous or very naive, I can't decide which. The whole notion of Rapp going to the press was designed to ruin Spacey's career (what other result would there be with the underaged element) and elevate Rapp to Local Hero status. If you really think it was for the good of society, you don't know actors. I guarantee Rapp would've been front and center in Harvey's hotel suite, ala Ashley Judd, had Harvey remotely swinged that way. And then Rapp would've reported THAT too. Oh, the humanity.

by Anonymousreply 139December 1, 2017 3:39 PM

R139, read Rapp's original account from The Advocate in 2001. If I remember correctly, he didn't even bring up the subject of Spacey. Whatever Rapp's intentions are, what does it really matter anyway? Spacey's a creep, we've known that here for a long time, the rest of the media is only catching up to what DL has talked about for ages.

I'm curious, do you think Rapp is making this up, or do you believe him but think he shouldn't have said anything?

by Anonymousreply 140December 1, 2017 3:47 PM

He has an alcoholic's body type.

by Anonymousreply 141December 1, 2017 3:52 PM

I believe not much happened in the first place, even as told by Rapp, just as not much happened to Judd in Harvey's suite. But I also believe that it's stupid to just believe blindly everything one is told without input from the other side and, even then, one must accept that we aren't getting the tone, before during and after whatever happened. I have a healthy cynicism to all of this stuff since so many lives have been ruined by false allegations, be it black football players accused of rape or little old ladies accused of devil worship at McMartin Pre-school. Or Richard Jewell.

Did it happen to Rapp? Something did, I'm sure, but nothing that warrants this reaction. At the very least, I am not enjoying watching the downfall of one of our best actors -- and, yeah, it all reminds me of back in the day when gay frat brothers would be threatened with being exposed and it was always some closet case doing the accusing, not the big redneck you might expect it from.

by Anonymousreply 142December 1, 2017 4:07 PM

Rapp isn't the closet case, R142, Spacey was.

by Anonymousreply 143December 1, 2017 4:13 PM

P.S. One New Years Eve, at a party, when I was a young man, a very drunk Lynn Redgrave grabbed me, was hanging on me and planted a sloppy kiss on my lips at midnight. It is one of my favorite memories but can I turn it into "one of them stories" if I want to? If I just add the three words, "I was uncomfortable"? I mean, I was a little with all eyes on me but I was also thrilled. And not remotely a victim though I could certainly play that role with a lot of people if I were so inclined (or nuts).

And don't be so goddam literal, R143. I mean it was a gay man trying to take down another gay man, for whatever reason, not the slob redneck straight guy whom you'd think would be up for that.

by Anonymousreply 144December 1, 2017 4:14 PM

He deserves it!

by Anonymousreply 145December 1, 2017 4:17 PM

It may be different if Rapp was the only person complaining about Spacey, but he's not. He obviously didn't want Spacey to lie on top of him, and even if he did, that's a moot point. He was 14, so Spacey's behavior was completely inappropriate. Why should a predator be protected just because he's in the closet? If this incident with Rapp were a one off thing, then I'm sure people would look past it but unfortunately it wasn't. Spacey took down himself by his actions, no one else is to blame here.

by Anonymousreply 146December 1, 2017 4:24 PM

Before everyone goes off track, just remember the OP is about Rapp complaining about internet trolls. Not about whether or not Spacey tried to seduce him. We all believe that. Its just that Rapp has gotta grow a pair & stop complaining about nothing. Thats all.

by Anonymousreply 147December 1, 2017 4:45 PM

Wow R147 you've had a pretty sheltered life if you think what Rapp did about those tweets was complaining. The oft used phrase "special snow flake" comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 148December 1, 2017 7:39 PM

Again, don't be some goddam literal. He is telling the world that he is a bit hurt (his words, more or less) by nasty tweets and showing examples. He is indeed complaining although in the mask of saying thank you to the overwhelming amount of supportive tweets he's gotten too. But he's still complaining whether he uses that word or not.

jesus, please don't let me get stuck next to some of these people at a dinner party...

by Anonymousreply 149December 1, 2017 7:42 PM

Rapp will be touring in Rent until his social security kicks in.

by Anonymousreply 150December 1, 2017 8:35 PM

I've had it with all this. This is just like the "scandals" smearing the names of Catholic priests. Those altar boys wiggled their little tushies and then went crying about it years later when their was a windfall to be had.

by Anonymousreply 151December 1, 2017 8:39 PM

Rapp has outed Kevin Spacey publicly, he's going to have to take the criticism. He thinks that this is going to "make people stop" so that he can retain his twitter account and not have to have it polluted with anything but praise. He expected to be put on a pedestal... but really he's in the same place that he was before... so he's complaining like I complain about my neighbours smoking in the bathroom.

Actions have consequences, good--now everyone knows about it--and bad--he's going to get shit on for a while.

Suck it up, buttercunt.

by Anonymousreply 152December 1, 2017 8:40 PM

So, he's complaining, R149. So what? People and complain about somethings and be grateful about other things at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 153December 1, 2017 8:42 PM

Sorry Anthony, but Kevin got upstaged by Charlie Rose & Matt Lauer. And who knows who's next. So the Spacey scandal is old news now. Time to return to irrelevance.

by Anonymousreply 154December 1, 2017 9:44 PM

Fair or not, I will never go near anything Rapp is in again. Sorry, not sorry.

by Anonymousreply 155December 1, 2017 10:20 PM

R149 - I just responded to what you wrote. If you can't articulate your thoughts so others can understand I can't be held responsible.

BTW - you can accuse me of being to literal but you have made up your own fantasy world about what happened and Rapp's motives.

by Anonymousreply 156December 2, 2017 1:17 AM

You can lead a horse "to literal" but you can not make him think.

by Anonymousreply 157December 2, 2017 1:38 AM

10 years from now kevin spacey will still be known as a great actor,and Rapp will be long forgotten. Believe that.

by Anonymousreply 158December 2, 2017 2:21 AM

Kevin Spacey will be known as a sick sexual predator in ten years

by Anonymousreply 159December 2, 2017 2:30 AM

Right. In ten MONTHS the pendulum will swing back and people will think he was caught up in a sweep of hysteria, he'll do a rehab and apology tour for a few weeks, and then all will be good again, especially if he scores a hit (with the help of some loyal filmmaking friend). Ask Mel. And I can't wait to watch the freaks crying over it when it happens.

by Anonymousreply 160December 2, 2017 2:36 AM

R159 Oh give it a rest,Scarlett ! Are you overcome with the vapors ?

by Anonymousreply 161December 2, 2017 2:38 AM

Fatty Arbuckle was wonderful in silent comedies. Try to see some of them.

He never recovered from his scandal though he was acquitted.

He was a great star of his time but he is mostly known now for his ruination and he didn't even deserve it.

Spacey deserves to be known for this. He is a creep who it turns out has caused a lot of people much anguish.

Let's hope people remember that when they see one of his performances.

by Anonymousreply 162December 2, 2017 3:05 AM

Mike Tyson was convicted of rape. If that guy can make a comeback, anyone can.

by Anonymousreply 163December 2, 2017 3:37 AM

You guys are complaining about Rapp complaining more than Rapp complained about the hate messages. Is House of Cards really that good you're this pissed it's gone? I couldn't get passed Spacey's bad accent in the part I saw.

by Anonymousreply 164December 2, 2017 4:42 AM

Haven't heard one thing -- a drunken fall on a bed, porn playing in an apartment -- that will affect how I look at Spacey's work in the future. And nothing proven about Harvey that will make me boycott his produced films in the future either. And I am a big boycott guy in general.

It all feels like smoke and mirrors, all this outrage but no real charges, no real crimes short of arrogance that comes with power. Even the 18 year old the crybaby mom squeaked to the press about feels like an incomplete story about an incomplete pass and that's all.

by Anonymousreply 165December 2, 2017 2:27 PM

Rapp’s face in that picture is the very definition of gormless.

by Anonymousreply 166December 2, 2017 2:41 PM

R165 has closed the thread! Not one charge has been filed,yet lives are ruined.That should scare all of us.

by Anonymousreply 167December 2, 2017 3:09 PM

R167 Thank you. Very scary times, indeed. Innocent until proven guilty is out the window. People are afraid. More charges to come. Some will be guilty as fuck and deserve the scorn but you know there will also be innocent people caught up in this shit and their lives will be ruined for nothing more than vindictiveness. The fact that Kevin Spacey was replaced in a movie that was shot, in the can and ready to be released shows just how frightened people are. And, somehow, Angela Lansbury of all people ended up in this mess. Where will it end?

by Anonymousreply 168December 2, 2017 4:51 PM

[quote]Ask him about the gay guy he was dating that he treated so badly he committed suicide after. He's a dick.

Details please?

by Anonymousreply 169December 2, 2017 5:02 PM

[quote]Not one charge has been filed,yet lives are ruined.That should scare all of us.

Not really. When you can show that someone genuinely undeserving had their "lives ruined," I might take your drama seriously. Until then, the accounts that I've seen of people in genuine trouble are of those who have brought their problems onto themselves.

by Anonymousreply 170December 2, 2017 5:05 PM

Dustin Hoffman may not have had his life ruined but did he really need this threat to his legacy at 80something? Especially some bullshit accusation that, again, wasn't anywhere close to rape (or even assault, really).

The Richard Jewell cases are coming -- or they have been there for years, that poor black football player who gave up college and scholarship and a sports career over one vindictive female falsely charging him with rape. This is NOT the good thing so many idiots keep thinking it is. And I like that some sane voices are emerging again. Be afraid of this Trial by Internet/Trial by Speculation shit. Big time.

by Anonymousreply 171December 2, 2017 5:13 PM

Is it possible to have a nuanced discussion on this matter without the trolls and the stans drowning everybody out? What Spacey did was absolutely wrong, possibly even criminal, and he deserved to be called out on it years ago. However, Rapp isn't some gay saint out to save all those little 14-year-old Broadway gaylings from the evil sexual predations of closeted gay chickenhawks. First, Rapp has waffled on his sexuality over the years - from the ambiguous "queer"/"no labels" BS of the early 90s when he first made headlines. It was cringeworthy at times reading about the lengths he would go to in order to avoid the gay label. After his career soured post-Rent, he published a yawn-inducing autobiography that makes it clear that he is most definitely gay and hasn't had sex with or a relationship with a woman since college yet he still clings to various labels like bisexual, fluid, or even a kinsey 4 depending on the interview. Out finally got to to admit he is basically gay a few years ago but then backtracked when he was promoting some silly play where bisexually was at issue - that is when the laughable "kinsey 4" claims was made! Second, Rapp is just not that good of an actor and has coasted off his Rent fame ever since but now that he hopes to make a come back with Star Trek, suddenly he is the poster boy for gay rights. The Spacey revelation was most certainly motivated in part as a PR stunt to drum up support for his lackluster role. Wilson Cruz is ten times the actor Rapp is and has been 100% out of closet for decades now - none of this mamby pamby "queer/bi" shit...

Point being - taking that closet case predator Spacey down was great but I wish it was someone besides that excrible Rapp...

by Anonymousreply 172December 2, 2017 7:35 PM

r131 Let the bis have him...and take Rapp while they are at it but hands off Ricky Martin you fuckers...

by Anonymousreply 173December 2, 2017 7:40 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174December 31, 2017 11:16 PM

Yet the "queer" community is pissed about his supposed transphobia but nothing about his comments about Anthony Rapp?

by Anonymousreply 175January 1, 2018 3:49 AM

Wow, so I guess gay kids deserve to be molested?

by Anonymousreply 176January 1, 2018 3:29 PM

He grew up ugly, so in a way it worked out well for him

by Anonymousreply 177January 1, 2018 3:32 PM

Will this little bitch ever stop whining???

by Anonymousreply 178January 1, 2018 3:42 PM

Spacey is a sociopath, a predator, has MANY victims, and deserved what he got.

That said - I wouldn't be surprised if Rapp knew what he was doing that night and wanted some action. I think what might have happened is Spacey threw him out and probably said some vile and hateful stuff that scarred Rapp for life.

Remember, Kevin wants to be the aggresor. He wants to take something from his victims that they don't want to give. When they're young, like Rapp was, it's about manipulating their emotions. When they're older, it's probably more about humiliation. The straight actor desperate for a break, ultimately willing to do anything even if it's distasteful to them.

A kid like Rapp throwing themselves at Spacey would be the ultimate turn off for him, and I can see him responding savagely cruel, if for no other reason to re-establish that he is in control.

by Anonymousreply 179January 1, 2018 3:48 PM

Even if Rapp did throw himself at Spacey, given his young age, Spacey still would have been manipulating his emotions and taking something from him R179. Rapp's account of the events hasn't changed since 2002, and even The Advocate interviewer found people that confirmed the story going back as far as the early 90s, so although I get what you're saying, I believe Rapp's story. I do believe you're right that Spacey probably said awful things to Rapp after he pushed him off/rejected him.

by Anonymousreply 180January 1, 2018 3:56 PM

"I think what might have happened is Spacey threw him out and probably said some vile and hateful stuff that scarred Rapp for life."

Um, you just admit that Spacey is a predator....so why are you doubting that he preyed on Rapp?

by Anonymousreply 181January 1, 2018 4:04 PM

I think Rapp was already scarred for life, just having a star like Spacy say them to you stuck in his mind, and is what led to his descent into drugs, teenage prostitutes, and meth addiction.

by Anonymousreply 182January 1, 2018 4:08 PM

14yo is old enough to know that it's weird to hang out in an older man's bedroom until all his other guests have left.

by Anonymousreply 183January 1, 2018 4:14 PM

[quote]As much as I do understand him, but sorry, he is an asshole for NOT blacking out their names and post their comments anonymously.

No, they tweeted their comments using a public forum. If they are in turn harassed as they are doing to him, well that's just too bad.

Society should not be managed by retweets, one liners, and mob rule.

by Anonymousreply 184January 1, 2018 4:50 PM

27 is old enough to know it's weird to invite a 14-year-old to an adult party

by Anonymousreply 185January 2, 2018 12:02 AM

When I was 14 I would have done Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 186January 2, 2018 12:04 AM

I know a lot of guys who would voluntarily have sex with him but that doesn't change the fact that he's a sexual predator

by Anonymousreply 187January 2, 2018 12:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!