Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Paris Shoes

ShOOes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 25, 2018 2:52 PM

I love shoes, and I love a lot of the shoes in that video, but all I could see is blisters and stink. For the love of God, why were NONE of those people wearing socks? Barefoot in wingtips? Ouch, and no.

by Anonymousreply 1November 29, 2017 6:41 PM

Oh my God, shoes.

by Anonymousreply 2November 30, 2017 3:39 AM

Shoe bump

by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2017 10:40 AM

Shoes without socks is an old standard that’s been around forever in certain circles - primarily old money East Coast men. If you don’t get it, you don’t get it. Your criticism of it speaks of your rank.

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2017 11:22 AM

Hot!

by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2017 11:26 AM

R4, you sound ignorant. Foot odor doesn’t care about “rank”. And anyone who throws that word around as casually as you do, lived in a dresser drawer for the first year of their lives.

Anyway, back to shoes. Lovely!

by Anonymousreply 6November 30, 2017 11:47 AM

Some of the shoes are incredible. I'm more alarmed by the flood pants trend - images of Jack Soo in Thoroughly Modern Milly go through my mind.

As far as going sockless, my feet have their own temperature zone unrelated to the rest of my body. Going without socks is my idea of casual attire. Stinkfoot can happen to people who do not maintain their feet hygiene or shoe insoles. The rest of us do NOT have feet that stink.

by Anonymousreply 7November 30, 2017 1:33 PM

"My feet don't stinque!"

by Anonymousreply 8November 30, 2017 3:01 PM

Dang

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2017 2:54 AM

My husband comes from European nobility. His Grandmother would have viewed a man wearing shoes without socks as the epitome of vulgarity. I have no issues with it, just saying. . .

by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2017 3:18 AM

Your husband probably has a stank sleeve, r10.

by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2017 3:19 AM

Nope. He knows of the existence of soap and water, and uses both liberally.

BTW, a lot of hipsters wear no show socks.

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2017 3:30 AM

So a mix of classics and funky trendy.... no surprise there

Fewer socks at a time when corporate America (and Justin Trudeau) are picking up on the "fun sock" trend that swept Silicon Valley a few years back.

Since most guys can't wear highwaters or go sockless at work, I'm thinking Happy Socks is in no danger of going out of business.

by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2017 3:35 AM

Yes R13

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2017 11:23 AM

No socks doesn't make much sense in winter.

by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2017 11:33 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 16February 12, 2018 6:32 AM

Get over yourself you sockless queens who thing you are the height of fashion. It's been done many times since you were born. And trust me, one day you will look back at pick of your ridiculous self and realize it was just as stupid as bell bottom jeans were in the 70's. The young gays will be laughing at you.

As far as stink goes, no amount of washing is going to keep that shoe from going bad faster than wearing socks. That's because sock provide a WASHABLE barrier between the thousands of sweat glands on the bottom of your foot and the leather insole of the shoe. Bacteria is bacteria whether its on the bottom of your foot or the rim of a public toilet seat.

by Anonymousreply 17February 12, 2018 6:49 AM
by Anonymousreply 18March 17, 2018 6:19 PM

Are those tasseled moccasins? Tasseled loafers are bad enough. What's with the spikes, or bumps, on the other shoes?

by Anonymousreply 19March 17, 2018 6:27 PM

R13 - Silicon Valley is part of corporate America.

how do you these men aren't wearing socks? You do realize no all men's socks can be seen above the top of the shoes?

What surprised me is posters who seem to know so much about what is acceptable and not acceptable have never heard of talcum powder. Or soap and water for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 20March 17, 2018 8:37 PM

Men should wear socks and women should wear panty hose.

by Anonymousreply 21March 17, 2018 8:39 PM
by Anonymousreply 22April 5, 2018 1:47 AM

[quote] queens who thing

by Anonymousreply 23April 5, 2018 1:51 AM

We have the same freak outs here over and over about the no-socks issue...N0 SHOW socks are the answer. I never give any thought to no sock issue, I'm guessing many people are wearing no show socks.

by Anonymousreply 24April 5, 2018 1:52 AM

[quote]Foot odor doesn’t care about “rank”.

So, r6, you're saying they're rank regardless of rank?

by Anonymousreply 25April 5, 2018 1:54 AM

Want the sneaker blue/black wingtips at 57 seconds

by Anonymousreply 26April 5, 2018 7:26 AM

no show socks are so much better design-wise now. The better quality models even come with small gaps on the soles

by Anonymousreply 27April 5, 2018 8:31 AM

Lifelong no socks guy here. The only time I wear socks is with a suit. My everyday shoes are Tod’s driving mocs. Wearing socks with them would be completely ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 28April 5, 2018 11:56 AM

by Anonymousreply 29May 25, 2018 2:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!