Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Garrison Keillor, Prairie Home Companion Accused Of SeXual Harrassment

He's the latest .....................

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 24, 2018 8:49 PM

That eye though

by Anonymousreply 1November 29, 2017 5:06 PM

I like his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 2November 29, 2017 5:08 PM

I never liked him, but it was because he insisted on singing every episode.

by Anonymousreply 3November 29, 2017 5:19 PM

His philtrum is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 4November 29, 2017 5:46 PM

Lord have mercy. Where will it end?

by Anonymousreply 5November 29, 2017 5:46 PM

In all seriousness I find Keillor to be one of the most UNattractive men that I've ever laid eyes on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 29, 2017 5:52 PM

Ew...

by Anonymousreply 7November 29, 2017 5:54 PM

What older male actor will win the chance top play Steve O'Bannon AND Garrison Keilor in the respective movies.

by Anonymousreply 8November 29, 2017 6:08 PM

Not surprised. Rumors had it he was an arrogant prick. And this is about power, after all.

by Anonymousreply 9November 29, 2017 6:08 PM

[quote]In all seriousness I find Keillor to be one of the most UNattractive men that I've ever laid eyes on.

….okay? Price of tea in China?

by Anonymousreply 10November 29, 2017 6:19 PM

Gross. I hate his radio show. He’s fug. I remember my parents gossiping about his leaving first wife for a young Scandinavian woman, back in the 80s? Moving to her country? Fodder for dumb stories? I was dragged to the live show at BAM as a teen and I was out of my mind with resentment and boredom.

And now his creepy google eye.

by Anonymousreply 11November 29, 2017 6:32 PM

Who's next? Chris Kimball, late of "America's Test Kitchen" on PBS? Or how about Martin Yang, also from PBS? Please, not Jacques Pepin!

by Anonymousreply 12November 29, 2017 7:38 PM

His ridiculous folksy and homespun shtick was always abhorrent to most audiences and now it seems it was also camouflaging a monster. Quelle suprise.

by Anonymousreply 13November 29, 2017 7:48 PM

Keillor tells the Minneapolis Star Tribune:

I put my hand on a woman’s bare back. I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called.”

Keillor even managed a joke of sorts: “Getting fired is a real distinction in broadcasting and I’ve waited fifty years for the honor. All of my heroes got fired. I only wish it could’ve been for something more heroic.”

Then he turned more serious: “Anyone who ever was around my show can tell you that I was the least physically affectionate person in the building. Actors hug, musicians hug, people were embracing every Saturday night left and right, and I stood off in the corner like a stone statue.

“If I had a dollar for every woman who asked to take a selfie with me and who slipped an arm around me and let it drift down below the beltline, I’d have at least a hundred dollars. So this is poetic irony of a high order. But I’m just fine. I had a good long run and am grateful for it and for everything else.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 29, 2017 8:28 PM

I honestly believe that some women are going to use this current climate as an opportunity to cash in.

by Anonymousreply 15November 29, 2017 8:47 PM

His explanation sounds sincere and I bet there are such instances among all these accusations where it really was "nothing". But, how can you ever know for sure? And you certainly don't want to start with the idea that it's "probably nothing" when we know that in so many instances there was really serious conduct and harassment.

That he's ugly and mega-boring shouldn't figure into whether you believe him or not.

by Anonymousreply 16November 29, 2017 8:53 PM

Is that the only allegation against him, @ R14?

If that is so, I don't know... I am not liking this.

by Anonymousreply 17November 29, 2017 9:14 PM

He touched my Little House.

by Anonymousreply 18November 29, 2017 9:17 PM

humpy guy NOT

by Anonymousreply 19November 29, 2017 9:52 PM

Actually I was thinking how the explanation DIDN'T sound sincere. It's just a variant of "it was an accident and she said she was okay with it but apparently lied like all crazy broads." There's even a little "aw yeah, the chicks want me" in his explanation, too. Which to me is the least believable thing about his statement.

by Anonymousreply 20November 29, 2017 10:35 PM

NPR Chief News Editor Departs After Harassment Allegations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 29, 2017 11:19 PM

Touch it! Go ahead touch it good!

by Anonymousreply 22November 29, 2017 11:34 PM

So according to r14, hw put his hand 6” up the back of a woman’s shirt.

That wasn’t by accident. He’s full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 23November 29, 2017 11:35 PM

R23 6 inches is probably not even the length of his entire hand.

by Anonymousreply 24November 29, 2017 11:44 PM

There's something missing in this story. A one time accidentally copping a feel wouldn't lead to Keillor's firing. Bound to be more shoes dropping.

by Anonymousreply 25November 29, 2017 11:58 PM

"“If I had a dollar for every woman who asked to take a selfie with me and who slipped an arm around me and let it drift down below the beltline, I’d have at least a hundred dollars."

This is self-aggrandizing delusion on a scale only Woody Allen can imagine. I was in line behind Keillor in my local D'agastino's on the UWS last year--he conferred a stern, gummy leer at practically every woman who walked by. They all returned the looks with glacial disinterest. A young woman was at the till who had no clue who he was. How kind of him to (smugly) tell her! And pretty damn funny, too, since she'd never heard of him OR of NPR. He bagged his groceries sadly.

by Anonymousreply 26November 29, 2017 11:58 PM

Agree, r26.

by Anonymousreply 27November 30, 2017 12:14 AM

r12, You've forgotten The Frugal Gourmet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 30, 2017 12:18 AM

Was G's bathrobe tethered or untethered?

by Anonymousreply 29November 30, 2017 12:19 AM

Full disclosure: I'm not a woman so I'll never know what it's like to live in a culture when the people in power are constantly expressing their sexual interest in you.

But that said, I think the charges against Keillor are totally overblown. This article purports to blow the lid off the worst dirt about it ("BOMBSHELLS!!!"), but it all seems like pretty weak tea to me. It's not cool behavior but more eyeroll territory than actionable sexual harassment.

And it once again proves the observation that this is going to gut the talent from the Democratic/liberal establishment, so in the long term the real harassers, the rightwingers, are going to benefit. Am I saying that women should not go forward or that we should not have a conversation (as people say these days) about male behavior in the workplace? ABSOLUTELY NOT. But we should also be careful not to engage in a witch hunt, and be a bit more discriminating in whom we are making to walk the plank.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 24, 2018 6:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 24, 2018 6:25 PM

He looks related to Steve Bannon....

by Anonymousreply 32January 24, 2018 6:34 PM

I've never made it through one thing he's ever hosted or written. Never got the point of his homespun schtick as someone mentioned above. It's so bloody boring.

by Anonymousreply 33January 24, 2018 7:34 PM

What an UGLY toad of a man.

by Anonymousreply 34January 24, 2018 7:38 PM

Quintessential face for radio....

by Anonymousreply 35January 24, 2018 8:03 PM

How many guys in Hollywood are being blackmailed behind the scenes currently?

by Anonymousreply 36January 24, 2018 8:26 PM

They have changed the name of his old show to “Live From Here” about a month ago when the story first broke. Chris Thiele, the new host, made no mention of the name change and it appears they are cutting all ties.

by Anonymousreply 37January 24, 2018 8:46 PM

He always looked like he had downs syndrome to me, and now that he is older it is even more pronounced.

by Anonymousreply 38January 24, 2018 8:49 PM

He always made my skin crawl. So creepy.

by Anonymousreply 39January 24, 2018 8:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!