Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jonathan Groff #14

Why stop a party?

by Anonymousreply 600February 21, 2018 1:46 PM

There's no real reason for skipping #13, other than it wasn't meant to be. I made a mistake.....carry on.

by Anonymousreply 1November 29, 2017 2:33 AM

Video of Groff on Show People will be released tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 29, 2017 3:04 AM

Are we skipping thread #13 out of superstition?

by Anonymousreply 3November 29, 2017 3:07 AM

R3 Nope. Full disclosure. I just didn't pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 4November 29, 2017 3:13 AM

I notice how every time an interviewer asks Groff about season 2 of Mindhunter, he says it hasn't yet been official yet, and that he won't believe it's totally real until he's actually there shooting. He's said in the past Looking has left him heartbroken in terms of projects he was sure would get more seasons. I wonder if he finds Mindhunter too good to be true. I really Fincher doesn't get called out on sexual misconduct or something crazy like that.

by Anonymousreply 5November 29, 2017 5:32 AM

I hate to say it but Fincher is suspect to me due to his connection with Spacey. I’m sure Spacey knew to cover up his predatory actions around powerful directors - but still.

But that’s just me being suspicious. As far as I know the Mindhunter delay is due simply to the fact that Fincher did not like the first set of scripts & asked for a total rewrite. They can’t really greenlight or do pre-production until there are new approved scripts.

by Anonymousreply 6November 29, 2017 9:31 AM

R6 That's exactly what I was thinking. There's no way Fincher didn't at least hear about the Spacey conduct (in his personal life) and there are allegations that he was abusive on set as well. Fincher's a smart guy, I have to believe he knew of at least some of the conduct and chose to ignore them. Not saying Fincher is evil, but hopefully something horrible doesn't come out against him as well. I'm sure that's on Groff's mind.

by Anonymousreply 7November 29, 2017 10:22 AM

I don’t think Groff would work with someone he knew to be a bad person, but I do find it hard to reconcile Fincher’s reputation for seeing & noticing every tiny detail on set with him being completely unaware of Spacey being a predator.

That having been said I will also grant him that he only shot the first two episodes of House of Cards & although he is an exec producer, he has not been involved in hands-on operations since. It’s possible Spacey managed not to harass the crew for the first two episodes. Still, I am waiting for someone to ask Fincher about Spacey’s fall & I hope he repudiates him strongly, because until then I am still suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 8November 29, 2017 10:41 AM

R8 Exactly. I agree with all of your points. The fact that Fincher hasn't repudiated or commented on Spacey or the specific allegations of harassment and misconduct on the HoC set makes me suspicious too. In terms of Groff working with a "bad" person, there's no way he would've known all of this when he signed on to be in Mindhunter. I wonder if anyone (Holt/Anna) have had conversations with Fincher about Spacey, or if they don't have that sort of open relationship with Fincher.

by Anonymousreply 9November 29, 2017 11:14 AM

Anna seems like a feminist so I also doubt she would work with anyone she thought was questionable. But it doesn’t seem like any of them (in my observation) have that close of a personal relationship with Fincher. It seems very strictly professional & they all seem somewhat intimidated by him.

Quinto also worked with Spacey & if he knew something Groff would know. But based on Quinto’s statement, he didn’t. It’s possible that Spacey, like many predators, knew to conceal his behavior from powerful people & only abuse the young or relatively powerless.

by Anonymousreply 10November 29, 2017 11:56 AM

R10 Even friends I know in LA knew about the rumors from being around the industry. I have to believe they at least heard rumblings of Spacey but they weren't ever confirmed. I'm 99% sure Fincher knew about Spacey's behavior. I would like to hear his comments.

by Anonymousreply 11November 29, 2017 11:59 AM

That would suck if there was no season 2 because of Fincher. Is he next?

by Anonymousreply 12November 29, 2017 12:56 PM

Let’s not leap to that. We don’t know of anything wrong or inappropriate about Fincher. There have never been bad rumors about him that I’m aware of. He just happens to have worked with Spacey a couple of times - which MANY directors & actors have done, who are not necessarily bad people themselves. I just would like to hear him say something about it.

by Anonymousreply 13November 29, 2017 1:09 PM

Best. Recorded. Jonathan. Groff. Interview. EVER.

Show People with Paul Wontorek

Calling it.

by Anonymousreply 14November 29, 2017 10:26 PM

R14 I was just about to post the same thing. Groff is really open about everything, and I feel like he'd pretty much answer anything with the exception of bad mouthing someone or being overtly political. Since Paul has known him for a long time and is a friend, he "went there". More people need to ask him personal questions like that.

by Anonymousreply 15November 29, 2017 11:08 PM

R15 So glad Paul went for it. Already heard Jon's summary of Mindhunter, so glossed right over that.

by Anonymousreply 16November 29, 2017 11:46 PM

Particularly liked the question about if he wanted to have kids and maybe live in Lancaster again one day, if he's happiest when he's on the farm or in the city, and if what his type is.

by Anonymousreply 17November 29, 2017 11:52 PM

I love that jacket on him. Does anyone know what brand it is? Because I want it.

by Anonymousreply 18November 30, 2017 12:03 AM

I haven’t had a chance to listen to all of it yet - so DOES he want kids? A recurring question in these threads.

by Anonymousreply 19November 30, 2017 12:42 AM

R19 He says he would need to find a boyfriend before he starts to think about kids, but that the feeling of sitting next to his parents/brother/nephew/niece is a feeling he'd like to create one day.

by Anonymousreply 20November 30, 2017 12:48 AM

There were rumors that Fincher was creepily obsessed with Rooney Mara during filming and promotion of Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, but by all accounts it was reciprocal and consensual. Or as consensual as a director with a young ingenue can be anyway.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the girlfriend role in Mindhunter was cast because she fits Fincher’s type: waifish, Bambi eyed, soft spoken.

by Anonymousreply 21November 30, 2017 1:23 AM

R21 That makes sense. I can definitely see a resemblance between Rooney and Hannah Gross. I haven't seen Hannah do any press (besides a few print interviews) for Mindhunter. You'd think she'd at least do a small interview online or something. She said in an interview she hasn't even seen Mindhunter because she doesn't have Netflix. I wonder if Groff will have a new love interest in season 2.

by Anonymousreply 22November 30, 2017 1:52 AM

R20 that’s sweet, thanks for sharing

by Anonymousreply 23November 30, 2017 2:46 AM

If you could play matchmaker for Groff with a celebrity (actor/musician/theater actor) who would you pair him with?

by Anonymousreply 24November 30, 2017 2:49 AM

Wow, Groff's first nomination for Mindhunter! Hopefully this is the first of many to come!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 30, 2017 3:07 AM

R18 I believe it is Armani. He wore it at an event he attended with Lea Michele (which took place at Armani).

by Anonymousreply 26November 30, 2017 3:13 AM

R26 I believe you are correct - good eye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 30, 2017 3:24 AM

Hoping the international recognition from the Satellite nomination can land him a Golden Globe nom.

by Anonymousreply 28November 30, 2017 4:00 AM

R28 I hope so too. Many seem to think he'll definitely get nominated, but there are so many good tv shows now, I wonder if he has a chance.

by Anonymousreply 29November 30, 2017 4:35 AM

Thanks R26

by Anonymousreply 30November 30, 2017 4:53 AM

R20 Actually he was rather vague, he kind of avoided the direct answer. Enjoying family gatherings that include his brother's children is not the answer to the direct question. If he really wanted children it would be straight "yes". This way he says "I don't know yet". He is also a bit ambivalent about living in the country vs living in the city, although he did end with the firm statement: he is the happiest in NYC when riding his bike on a way to a play.

by Anonymousreply 31November 30, 2017 7:00 AM

Groff has become the guy everyone wants to set up, including me. You can't rush love but Groff is a very attractive guy, isn't shy, has a sense of humor, active, down to earth, fit, self effacing, generally very warm, seems easygoing....hell, I'm nearly keeping my eyes peeled on his behalf at this point. Ha! He'll find the right one eventually.

R24 I can picture him with someone who works outside the 'business' or maybe behind the camera. It'll be interesting to see who he ends up with, whenever that may be.

by Anonymousreply 32November 30, 2017 7:07 AM

R31 I mean, I'm sure he can't predict where his life will lead him, so he kinda just said, "at some point" that would be something he'd possibly want to recreate.

R32 I can definitely see him with someone behind the scenes or outside of the business. It must be slightly tricky for him because he needs someone who understands his lifestyle and interest for theater/movies/tv, but Groff is also someone who reads and is interested in the world. Also maybe someone who is not self obsessed and wants to be on social media or their phone all of the time? Strange because he was with Quinto who seems a bit obsessed with himself/social media. But they were young, so I'm sure Groff's standards have matured/changed. I can see him with someone a bit older as well.

by Anonymousreply 33November 30, 2017 7:11 AM

R31 It seemed to me that he said he wanted a family at some point, but didn't see a point in focusing on that when he doesn't have the boyfriend yet. Which I get.

by Anonymousreply 34November 30, 2017 7:13 AM

I honestly can’t think of anyone who is a celeb and single and good enough for him. He probably needs to date outside of the industry. A nice quiet man who is successful in his own line of work & not eager for the spotlight would be ideal for him.

by Anonymousreply 35November 30, 2017 11:09 AM

R35 Agreed, I can't think of anyone either. Though I wonder with his career blowing up, Groff will be all over the place - traveling for movies on his off time from Pittsburgh for Mindhunter (assuming it gets it's full 5 seasons). That sort of inconsistency in terms of living situation will be hard on a serious relationship, so the guy needs to be able to easily move around with him.

by Anonymousreply 36November 30, 2017 11:36 AM

Do you think if present day Groff met Quinto, he'd be into him? Or do you think his standards have changed? I wonder if he's attracted to people like Quinto still. He's made joking comments about how, if people got to know his dating habits, they'd know how fucked up he is is in personal life. I wonder if he's attracted to people who aren't the best for him or are deserving of him.

by Anonymousreply 37November 30, 2017 11:40 AM

R32, it a strange situation to be in when your public profile is so pristine, people assume you are without issues. Publiclly his image projects all of the things you've mentioned. Privately though, he says he is fucked up and his choices in boyfriends has so far been questionable. Never assume the public image is the complete picture of the private one.

Both Quinto and Creel were notorious sluts who either liked open relationships or were notorious in Hollywood for cheating (Quinto).

by Anonymousreply 38November 30, 2017 12:40 PM

If I had to guess, I would say the ones whom he really likes are the ones who play a mean shell game: always keeping the ball rolling and always keeping him on edge as to where they stand in the relationship. In other words, he seems to only like guys who are hard to get. Both Creel and Wuinto were like that. Most of the guys who seem to feel he is great boyfriend material (just about every guy he knows such as Cohen) are never really in the running.

But since I also do not know him privately, that is just a guess based on past interviews and confirmed boyfriends.

by Anonymousreply 39November 30, 2017 12:46 PM

He said before in an interview he likes a guy with a little mystery.

He has also said he often doesn't respond to texts, emails or voicemails from guys. Sounds like the more they pursue, the less interested he is.

by Anonymousreply 40November 30, 2017 12:48 PM

R40 When has he said he doesn't reply to texts/emails/vm's? How is he supposed to date without doing those things?

by Anonymousreply 41November 30, 2017 12:52 PM

R38 The fact that he's able to maintain a friendship with Lea Michele suggests to me he's definitely not as "pristine" as his outward image suggests. He's definitely got a bitchy side that he doesn't show in public.

by Anonymousreply 42November 30, 2017 12:54 PM

R41 Some interview with Cohen I believe. It was from a few years ago. He said it offhandedly. I believe it was he forgets to respond, but still.

It just goes along with his other little comments over the years: he likes a challenge.

by Anonymousreply 43November 30, 2017 12:59 PM

R42 Agreed

by Anonymousreply 44November 30, 2017 1:00 PM

R43 Definitely agree he likes a challenge. He seems like he needs to be constantly inspired by a guy - which I don't blame him for because he's pretty extraordinary himself.

by Anonymousreply 45November 30, 2017 1:02 PM

I think he would still be into a guy like Quinto in that Quinto is intelligent, into good causes, and takes his craft seriously (possibly too seriously).

But IMO, beyond the open relationship issue I also think another factor is that Quinto seems very controlling & I think that’s reflected in the fact that he immediately got with a guy who was basically a younger version of Groff but has no career of his own to speak of (I know he’s a model but that’ll be over soon enough) and can just follow Quinto around the world. I don’t think Quinto would be happy with someone whose career is on the rise. He clearly wants to be the star in the relationship & let his mate just be his “muse”.

Groff might be happy with that kind of dominance initially but not in the long run. Perhaps that’s part of why he has focused on career ever since.

by Anonymousreply 46November 30, 2017 1:50 PM

Mindhunter season 2 confirmed by Netflix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 30, 2017 3:42 PM

Hey now, let's not insult Jonathan! Quinto's boyfriend is in NO way a younger version of Groff.

by Anonymousreply 48November 30, 2017 3:45 PM

Jonathan Groff as likebale as he is seems very rehearsed to me. It’s like the interview is a stage and he gives the same rehearsed performance each time. I rarely hear anything new about him or from him. And if an interviewer manages to get past his armor, Jonathan give ambiguous neutral answers.

He seems like a highly intelligent, loyal, and very diplomatic. Wish he let his armor down a bit.

by Anonymousreply 49November 30, 2017 4:39 PM

Jonathan is still a huge fan of Gavin.Why did they break up?Just because of open relationship?

by Anonymousreply 50November 30, 2017 4:55 PM

R50 They broke up because Jonathan dumped him and immediately started fucking Zach Q. Gavin wrote a song about what a trifling whore he was but they seem to be friendly now so maybe he's over it.

by Anonymousreply 51November 30, 2017 5:12 PM

He needs a guy with a ball or two missing: because there’s no way any man in his life gets him without having to share a huge amount of him with Lea Michele. A ball or two missing... maybe a certain CBS TV star...

by Anonymousreply 52November 30, 2017 5:32 PM

R52 I'm missing it. To whom are you referring?

by Anonymousreply 53November 30, 2017 5:59 PM

R48 lmao sorry I just meant he’s got fluffy hair & he’s pretty (although nothing compared to Groff)

Unlike Groff he doesn’t look like he’s ever had a thought in his head but I could be wrong about that.

by Anonymousreply 54November 30, 2017 6:19 PM

in fact Lea Michele is the deadly albatross around Groff’s neck that will prevent him from ever having a lasting relationship with any worthwhile man. He should just marry HER.

by Anonymousreply 55November 30, 2017 6:20 PM

R55 please don’t encourage the crazy Glee fans who love to go around claiming that they ARE secretly married & having a baby lol

by Anonymousreply 56November 30, 2017 6:23 PM

R55 Nah. Doubt she's the one holding him back. They each have separate lives. And I'm able to say that even though I can't STAND her. But anyone he's seriously interested in should love her or know how to fake it & at least tolerate her. Cause let's be honest, as long as they've been friends, she's not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 57November 30, 2017 6:40 PM

R57, pipe dream. She’s an albatross. He’s doomed, and he’ll see.

by Anonymousreply 58November 30, 2017 6:43 PM

R58 they live on opposite coasts & only see each other a few times a year, so that’s a little extreme. It’s not like anyone has to deal with her all the time.

by Anonymousreply 59November 30, 2017 6:47 PM

R59, birds of a feather. The nice guy facade will be difficult for any worthwhile man to reconcile seeing her unabashedly vile, widely recognized behavior. No worthwhile man will be so blind to his veiled hypocrisy and shallowness. I emphasize: worthwhile.

by Anonymousreply 60November 30, 2017 6:53 PM

R49 Think you're right on ALL those points. He is rehearsed as well as, diplomatic, loyal, and intelligent. He's a great PR person. He always gives a great summary & is excited about each show he does. He throws excessive flattery on his directors and willingly praises his co-actors & the writers.

As for his personal stories, don't think it's purposeful. Each one of us has a past. If reporters were asking us the same questions over and over, there are some things that won't change. After awhile, you're giving the same response. I enjoy those times (this last interview, fresh air podcast) he's thrown curveball questions. You can tell when he really has to think before he answers.

He seems to answer honestly. I think the neutral vibe is what we get because he doesn't know. When I was single, I didn't have a type either. But when I met him, it all clicked.

by Anonymousreply 61November 30, 2017 7:17 PM

R40, r41& r43 Saying he forgets to text/call/email was his nice way of saying 'no, thanks'. I've used the same excuse. And he just said he deletes texts & emails after responding so he doesn't forget to respond to someone. So if he 'forgets', it's probably intentional.

by Anonymousreply 62November 30, 2017 7:24 PM

R50, R51 Groff gets crap on here for leaving Gavin, but wasn't Gavin his first relationship after coming out to family & friends? They may have been in love, but Gavin (since he was older) should've known that wasn't going to end with forever. Young & hot. Jon already had men coming at him before he came out. Once out, he was probably like a kid in a candy store.

by Anonymousreply 63November 30, 2017 7:30 PM

R60 if him being a nice guy is a facade then he must be the best actor in the world because I have never heard anyone who has met him say anything but the kindest things about him. Give him the Oscar!

by Anonymousreply 64November 30, 2017 7:33 PM

R59 I agree, unless Lea decides to move to NYC, they live on opposite coasts, and visits will be limited. If she moves to NYC it could definitely become a problem. She seems like a demanding friend, especially because she constantly emphasizes that Groff is her BEST friend. I can see her giving him shit for not paying enough attention to her. If a guy really liked Groff, I think he would be able to explain him and Lea's history/friendship to him. They are almost like brother/sister. Who among us doesn't have an annoying family member that we have to deal with? If I met Groff and he explained his friendship with Lea, I would definitely be able put up with her for Groff.

by Anonymousreply 65November 30, 2017 9:30 PM

R60 I don't think his "nice guy" is a facade, but he definitely has a bitchy side that he doesn't bring out in public.

by Anonymousreply 66November 30, 2017 9:33 PM

R65 What’s funny is she calls him her BFF but yet she calls almost all of her friends that. I hope she doesn’t move to NYC but as long as she has The Mayor, she won’t anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 67November 30, 2017 10:08 PM

R66 just a question but how would you know what he doesn’t show to the public? Or is this just a guess.

by Anonymousreply 68December 1, 2017 12:08 AM

R68 It's a guess - but in general, don't most of us have a "side" we show our private friends but don't show acquaintances? Groff is no different. And there's no way he could be close to someone like Lea Michele and not have a different side we don't see.

R67 99% sure The Mayor won't be renewed.

by Anonymousreply 69December 1, 2017 12:24 AM

R69 fair enough. He’s made a bitchy joke or two in interviews. I’m fine with that though because I like a bit of a bitchy sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 70December 1, 2017 1:19 AM

The Mayor is about to be canceled.

by Anonymousreply 71December 1, 2017 1:34 AM

R71 Yeah, I wonder when they'll announce it. I have a feeling as soon as it gets officially canceled, Lea will move to NYC to be with her boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 72December 1, 2017 1:43 AM

R72 That's already happened. She calls the bf 'Z'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73December 1, 2017 2:03 AM

R73 I mean she would leave LA semi-permanently to be with him, not just to visit for the holidays.

by Anonymousreply 74December 1, 2017 3:03 AM

I didn’t realize The Mayor was doing so horribly. I just checked the ratings and they are bad. I agree it’s most likely cancelled. I don’t want her in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 75December 1, 2017 3:22 AM

R75 LOL "I don't want her in NYC". I just spit my water out. It's like she's some disease or something.

by Anonymousreply 76December 1, 2017 3:54 AM

I'm surprised "Black-ish" is in the "possible cancellation" boat, as well. Looks like Lea will be in NYC pretty soon.

by Anonymousreply 77December 1, 2017 4:21 AM

She didn’t move to NYC after her last show was cancelled so I don’t know that she will now. I thought her boyfriend was also LA-based?

by Anonymousreply 78December 1, 2017 8:52 AM

R78 She didn't really have a reason to move to NYC. She is in a serious relationship with her bf who has a place in NYC (from what I gather he only visits LA to stay with her) and has said she wants to start a family, and maybe go back to broadway. I was thinking if she has kids, she'd probably ask Groff to be a god dad. haha.

by Anonymousreply 79December 1, 2017 9:26 AM

Moving this convo back to Groff (because I don't want to give her this much attention).

So Mindhunter gets a 2nd season? Great! So we'll get to talk about that in say, fall of 2019? Rrally hoping this second go round Fincher & Netflix can pick up the pace, and get this show out quicker.

by Anonymousreply 80December 1, 2017 10:30 AM

R80 I can't believe we have to wait until the Fall of '19 to see season 2. I really hope Groff does something else that's major in the breaks. Hopefully a movie?? Anyone here going to his flywheel class today?

by Anonymousreply 81December 1, 2017 10:36 AM

Hope he can back to broadway and get a Tony Award.

by Anonymousreply 82December 1, 2017 11:02 AM

If he was going to book something major he’d have needed to do it already. He already has that Bobby Darin show in January. Then filming on s2 is due to begin in May but could very well be moved up since Holt said in a recent interview they were already scouting locations. And unless Fincher has stopped being Fincher, it’s gonna be a 10-month shoot.

Sorry kids we’re looking at another one of those Groff MIA cycles that are the bane of a Groff fan’s existence. You’ll learn to love Lea more when she’s posting the one pic/Snap we get to see of him in a blue moon.

by Anonymousreply 83December 1, 2017 11:31 AM

R81 Flywheel's for charity, so it would be good to get as many pics out as possible of Groff while he's there. Especially if he's wearing small bike shorts. From the back. From the side. Ummmm...y'know.....just thinking that if he shows off how toned he is it might inspire others.

by Anonymousreply 84December 1, 2017 1:14 PM

Hahahhaahah!

by Anonymousreply 85December 1, 2017 1:19 PM

R84 LMAO way to be thoughtful

by Anonymousreply 86December 1, 2017 1:43 PM

R84 YES.

R83 You're probably right. The only thing I'm looking forward to is that he/Mindhunter gets nominated for Emmy's/Golden Globes, and we get lots of Groff in suits/tuxs.

by Anonymousreply 87December 1, 2017 3:44 PM

Major Broadway sexual harassment exposé to drop on Monday. Groff doesn't seem like the type to step forward about anyone, but I wonder if he's witnessed bad behavior from theater casting agents or producers, especially in his early days.

by Anonymousreply 88December 1, 2017 7:18 PM

R88 Wow... how do you know this? I've always wondered if Groff has ever witnessed bad behavior - I'm sure he has, but he probably won't step forward.

Here's a photo from flywheel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89December 1, 2017 8:51 PM

R89 I wouldn't be surprised if he had to deal with it himself. Especially in his younger, more naive years.

by Anonymousreply 90December 1, 2017 9:36 PM

I feel like maybe it’s best not to speculate if someone was harassed or not unless they choose to come forward.

by Anonymousreply 91December 1, 2017 9:46 PM

R90 Yeah, or he's definitely known people who have had to deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 92December 1, 2017 9:58 PM

Excuse me, while I give myself a few light hearted pats on the back. I was someone who continually said he & Murray were just friends. Was nearly laughed off the thread.

Suggesting single life turned stale for Groff and he is looking for someone permanent, made some so angry they called fraus. Nevermind that it came from a gay man who hasn't been single for a minute and whose friends run the gamut (bfs, single, LTR, and married). In the Show People interview he talked about past relationships, what his future may look like and really thought about (when asked) what he's looking for in a guy, saying 'this is important because it's what I'm putting out there'. Has he enjoyed being single in the past? Hell yeah. But for some of us, who don't mind being in relationships or prefer it, that life gets old after awhile. Seems Jon is likely one of those people.

Threw out that he seems the type to want a family someday & folks on here lost their shit. Yet, in the interview, he says just that and Paul even follows up by saying 'I want you to have that family, so what kind if guy are you looking for?'

Maybe Groff's just incredibly easy for me to read.

by Anonymousreply 93December 2, 2017 4:24 PM

R93 LOL You are jumping into conclusions again. He did not mention Murray so no idea why you think you were right about that. We can all just speculate. Jonathan was very vague in his answers on Show People about his projected future (family, children). What he stated firmly is when he now feels the best (riding a bike to a play in NYC - so symbolic) and that he does not have a type i.e. that he dated guys of all physical types and all ages. This latter may be the only new bit of information about him that came out of the interview.

by Anonymousreply 94December 2, 2017 6:26 PM

R94 He's said he's single, dating, talked about finding a bf god knows how many times recently, so those people fantasizing about he & Murray STILL, can probably give that a rest.

by Anonymousreply 95December 2, 2017 7:46 PM

Forget about Murray. Never was more than a friend. Moving on.

by Anonymousreply 96December 2, 2017 8:04 PM

Expanded Jon GQ interview:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97December 4, 2017 3:01 AM

I'm beginning to think there's a really good chance of Groff being nominated for a Golden Globe. The nominations are in a week.

by Anonymousreply 98December 4, 2017 4:21 AM

R94 When someone says they want to recreate the feeling of family for themselves, that he 'definitely wants to do that one day', it's hardly vague. Some people are able to read between the lines, while others want exact yes or no answers.

by Anonymousreply 99December 4, 2017 8:07 AM

R95 I agree we should give a rest, just saying we don't know if that ever happened in the past, before Jon said he was single.

by Anonymousreply 100December 4, 2017 12:39 PM

Did anybody ever even claim he & Murray were dating? I just recall people saying they saw some chemistry in a few photos. In any case I agree - there is clearly nothing there so let’s move on.

Asked this before & never got a good answer: who do you all think WOULD make a good match for Jonathan?

by Anonymousreply 101December 4, 2017 1:25 PM

R101 That is impossible question because he does not have a type. The only clue is the guy should be like his close friend i.e. someone he can talk with for hours. Not much for a guess. He is dating but no confirmation that he is currently actively looking for a boyfriend. The question is only imposed by interviewers lately.

I find his remark how work takes over one's life intriguing. Hope he will endure next MH season shooting.

by Anonymousreply 102December 4, 2017 6:26 PM

Intriguing? That's standard for an actor, especially one who doesn't have an "easy" schedule like sitcom. I agree that his "cycling to a play" comment is very telling. I think those who are trying to put him into a conventional "waiting for the right man" box would be disappointed with him in real life.

by Anonymousreply 103December 4, 2017 6:51 PM

well if all we can come up with for potential boyfriends for him is “someone like a close friend” then I encourage him to take another look at Murray

by Anonymousreply 104December 4, 2017 8:10 PM

He can't keep a straight face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105December 4, 2017 10:44 PM

Loving his new glasses and watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106December 5, 2017 3:02 AM

New interview from a Mindhunter screening in LA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 5, 2017 4:07 AM

Whoops, didn't see R106's post...

by Anonymousreply 108December 5, 2017 4:08 AM

R108 That interview was actually done in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 109December 5, 2017 5:35 AM

So glad that's he's full on smiling once again. That's all!

by Anonymousreply 110December 5, 2017 8:05 AM

TV Guide predicts a Golden Globe nomination for Groff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111December 5, 2017 5:26 PM

If Groff gets nominated, I'm crossing my fingers for Holt too! He killed every scene!!

by Anonymousreply 112December 5, 2017 7:46 PM

Wow, can't wait until Monday. It's gonna be really exciting if Groff gets nominated.

by Anonymousreply 113December 5, 2017 8:48 PM

Next week are GG nominations as well as SAG noms.

by Anonymousreply 114December 5, 2017 9:27 PM

Hope Jonathan can get some nominations,he did a great job.

by Anonymousreply 115December 6, 2017 3:08 PM

I hope so too, or at the very least, Mindhunter is nominated so we can see him at the Golden Globes.

by Anonymousreply 116December 7, 2017 2:10 AM

Should he get nominated, do you think he deserves to win?

by Anonymousreply 117December 7, 2017 12:25 PM

Awards for Actor in a Drama Series are probably going to Sterling K. Brown this year. But I would say Jonathan deserves to be nominated.

by Anonymousreply 118December 7, 2017 1:17 PM

R117, R118 - I agree, Sterling deserves to win. Groff's performance wasn't dynamic enough to win. I would be happy to just see the show nominated. Maybe he'll even be a presenter.

by Anonymousreply 119December 7, 2017 8:47 PM

Groff back in LA with Lea. Wonder if he's starting to do stuff for awards season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120December 7, 2017 11:51 PM

Cheers to Lea for sharing this hotness

by Anonymousreply 121December 8, 2017 1:26 AM

Right. That's it. I have officially spent far too much time at the DL. I had a dream last night in which Jonathan Groff admitted in an interview that he'd been screwing Russell Tovey. The only things I've even seen him in are LOOKING and FROZEN. The only reason my subconscious gives a damn about who Jonathan Groff is sleeping with because of DL. Next thing I know, I'm going to be dreaming about Olivia de Havilland, Gio & Tommy, Valerie Harper, and Aldi.

by Anonymousreply 122December 8, 2017 1:45 AM

R122 well at least you made me laugh!

Tovey has a serious boyfriend who moved to the US for him recently. Groff is more likely to be fucking Olivia de Havilland (my apologies if you dream about that)

by Anonymousreply 123December 8, 2017 1:55 AM

He met Quinto,again.

by Anonymousreply 124December 8, 2017 1:06 PM

R124 pics please

by Anonymousreply 125December 8, 2017 2:42 PM

Not that awkward

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126December 8, 2017 3:26 PM

R126 definitely less awkward than I’ve seen some previous pics be. It’s nice that they can be friends.

by Anonymousreply 127December 8, 2017 4:41 PM

Wonder where ZQ's boyfriend was?

by Anonymousreply 128December 8, 2017 6:37 PM

Well it’s funny that it was an event where Groff was one of the honorees (GQ Men of the Year). Groff was looking good.

by Anonymousreply 129December 8, 2017 9:11 PM

R129 Yeah, I think it's funny that Groff's career will, in the long run, be more successful than Quinto's. It's nice to see when the good guy gets rewarded.

by Anonymousreply 130December 8, 2017 9:17 PM

R128 Are we certain he wasn’t there?

by Anonymousreply 131December 8, 2017 10:00 PM

I respect Quinto as an actor, but Groff has more range so I agree R130

It’s for the best they broke up when they did. Quinto is too egotistical to be able to handle dating someone more successful or acclaimed than him.

by Anonymousreply 132December 8, 2017 10:02 PM

Sometimes I'm caught off guard. Jonathan is very striking at times.

by Anonymousreply 133December 9, 2017 12:06 AM

R132 Quinto seems cold. I don't get why Groff liked him. What I would do to be a fly on the wall. I wonder if Groff likes to be the person to change/inspire people.

R133 He is indeed very striking.

by Anonymousreply 134December 9, 2017 1:42 AM

R134 Quinto is intelligent & talented, so I’ll give him that in terms of appeal.

He was also willing to come out at the height of his career, partially because of their relationship & I can see Groff being impressed by that.

by Anonymousreply 135December 9, 2017 1:59 AM

R135 I could also see him being the reason ZQ came out.

by Anonymousreply 136December 9, 2017 2:24 AM

R135 Groff came out way before he met ZQ.

by Anonymousreply 137December 9, 2017 3:21 AM

R136 Sorry, read that wrong. You think ZQ came out because of Groff? Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 138December 9, 2017 3:22 AM

I wonder if ZQ ever regrets breaking up with Groff, and if they still have chemistry when they see each other. If ZQ broke up with his bf and contacted Groff, do you think he'd entertain the idea of being with him again?

by Anonymousreply 139December 9, 2017 3:23 AM

NO!Jonathan,stay away!

by Anonymousreply 140December 9, 2017 3:53 AM

Quinto did not come out because of Groff. He publiclly stated he came out because of Jamey Rodemeyer's suicide. He wanted to be a positive gay role model to keep others from killing themselves.

I also think his slutty antics prior to Groff were coming back to haunt him and he feared being outed. It had nothing to do with Jon.

Jon came out because of love. Quinto came out because of his ego and fear of being outed by another. Don't romanticize that asshole.

by Anonymousreply 141December 9, 2017 5:36 AM

R134, Yes, Quinto is cool and collected. He is the ultimate hipster. Very materialistic.

I was sorry JG got hurt when he dumped Quinto after Quinto started up with Miles and asked Jon for an open relationship so he could keep seeing Miles.

However Quinto privately is one of the most shallow, pretensious, narcessistic assholes in the business. I was glad Jon got away from him. Hopefully he remembers how little respect Quinto had for their relationship and never goes back.

by Anonymousreply 142December 9, 2017 5:43 AM

Interesting commentary on Groff. Although I think the actor is joking when he makes his comments, his jokes just fell a little flat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143December 9, 2017 5:53 AM

Were you in the room when he made the jokes?

How does Morton sound these days? Lovely voice in Taboo.

by Anonymousreply 144December 9, 2017 6:04 AM

R143 I can't imagine having to live up Jonathan's "presence" during Hamiton. The cast loved him, he was bff's with Lin, and he's just an all around good guy. There was probably a slight note of envy in those comments. I don't blame him though. It's like when you get a new job, and everyone has their own work cliques, and they talk about the person whose position you filled. It gets to be old after a while.

by Anonymousreply 145December 9, 2017 6:10 AM

His comments say more about starfucking than anything to do with Groff.

by Anonymousreply 146December 9, 2017 6:13 AM

I said Quinto came out PARTIALLY because of his relationship with Groff - Groff was already out publicly, and he wasn’t going back in. I’m aware Quinto had other reasons of his own.

Not romanticizing him. They broke up for good reasons. I’m simply stating what I think some of his appeal may have been since someone asked that question.

by Anonymousreply 147December 9, 2017 7:54 AM

R146 agree. That guy is desperate for the spotlight & he was trying to be funny but failed at that. Nobody knows who he is, why would stars be clamoring to see the fifth or sixth (whatever he is) replacement in a part?!

Rory O’Malley & Taran Killiam didn’t have tons of celebs coming back to see them either but they weren’t tacky enough to complain about it.

by Anonymousreply 148December 9, 2017 7:58 AM

R148 Rory always talks about how kind Groff was to him when he replaced him. He's said it in numerous podcasts and interviews. Says a lot about Rory's confidence because he was the one replacing Groff directly after he left.

by Anonymousreply 149December 9, 2017 9:00 AM

R149 that’s sweet. Rory is a class act.

by Anonymousreply 150December 9, 2017 9:24 AM

[Quote] That guy is desperate for the spotlight

So is every other performer.

[Quote] Rory O’Malley & Taran Killiam didn’t have tons of celebs coming back to see them either but they weren’t tacky enough to complain about it.

Is it tacky how Groff mentions how needy he is (citing how he's an actor, of course he's needy etc.)? It's all the same damn thing.

by Anonymousreply 151December 9, 2017 12:45 PM

R151 admitting you enjoy attention or you wouldn’t be an actor is honest. Complaining passive aggressively about not getting enough attention is tacky.

by Anonymousreply 152December 9, 2017 1:31 PM

Groff is getting so many accolades lately. Well deserved. My only hope for him is that his ego doesn't become so large it fills a room. His humility draws people in.

Or do some believe that's an act?

by Anonymousreply 153December 9, 2017 2:31 PM

R153 I don't believe it's an act, per se, but as he's said, he knows how to charm people and navigate social situations as an actor.

I also hope all of this attention doesn't change him. I mean, I guess it would change anyone, but I hope not too much.

by Anonymousreply 154December 9, 2017 6:09 PM

Golden Globes nominations are tomorrow morning! Hope Groff /Mindhunter gets a nomination(s)!

by Anonymousreply 155December 11, 2017 2:02 AM

Sad,no nomination.

by Anonymousreply 156December 11, 2017 1:05 PM

Is he nominated or not? E! News tweeted that he was & I got excited but I think it was a mistake :(

by Anonymousreply 157December 11, 2017 1:41 PM

OK I double checked & it was a mistake. That’s really annoying - I don’t understand how they could even make that error.

by Anonymousreply 158December 11, 2017 1:51 PM

R158 So stupid. Whoever is minding their social media probably had a pre-written list and didn't revise it. Still hoping for a SAG nomination for Groff.

by Anonymousreply 159December 11, 2017 2:17 PM

Groff is not a star. He’s just a...steady commission.

by Anonymousreply 160December 11, 2017 5:55 PM

He may have a better chance next year. The show didn't get that much hype until very recently due to all of the Stranger Things talk.

by Anonymousreply 161December 11, 2017 6:11 PM

BTW, when does a GOOD WHOLESOME BOY act become utterly pathetic on a GROWN MAN in his thirties? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 162December 11, 2017 6:15 PM

R162 being a good person with good values never gets old.

by Anonymousreply 163December 11, 2017 7:47 PM

Looks like we have a troll here.

by Anonymousreply 164December 11, 2017 8:48 PM

Looks like this is Datalounge and not a fangirl site.

Go elsewhere if you want only clean, wholesome Jon Groff posts.

by Anonymousreply 165December 11, 2017 9:04 PM

Jon was underwhelming in Mindhunter. Some of his other castmates stood out, but he did not.

by Anonymousreply 166December 11, 2017 9:07 PM

R165 If you have a real reason to dislike Groff then state what it is.

Show receipts or your statement is simply not valid.

by Anonymousreply 167December 11, 2017 9:25 PM

None of us have to justify why we like or don't like him. This isn't your personal space.

This isn't a fan site.

by Anonymousreply 168December 11, 2017 9:34 PM

backstabber, the nice guy act is a technique to keep getting roles. that’s truly the beginning and end of it. He and Lea Michele are exactly alike, except she’s too ignorant to hide it.

by Anonymousreply 169December 11, 2017 9:50 PM

R169 That's why every fan and person who has worked with him, including production/behind the scenes crew - always have something nice to say about him. Take your bitterness elsewhere unless you have something solid to add.

by Anonymousreply 170December 11, 2017 10:14 PM

R170, obviously you’ve never sat around having private drinks with Lea and Jonathan and seen the side they don’t show when they’re on the job. The disrespect for their “friends” and put downs of their co-workers and superiors is snide and petty. being there and hearing it from the inner circle is as “solid” as it gets.

by Anonymousreply 171December 11, 2017 10:35 PM

R168 if all you have to say is you don’t like him for absolutely no reason there’s nothing to discuss about it though. You may as well just write that one down in your personal diary instead because no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 172December 11, 2017 10:35 PM

LMAO at someone in here claiming they have “private drinks” with Lea and Jonathan

by Anonymousreply 173December 11, 2017 10:36 PM

R173 keep laughing you fucking idiot. Not everyone who reads and posts here is an outsider. And how funny that there’s some expectation that you can use the DATALOUNGE of all places to have 14 threads of virgin, unbesmirched positive publicity for ONE ACTOR. Maybe Christ walked on water, the miquestoast Mennonite doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 174December 11, 2017 10:53 PM

R174 sorry, I don’t believe anyone on DL is an “insider” - especially if they can’t provide any substantiation for their claims.

Also, a gossip site that no celeb or legit news outlet ever acknowledges is not publicity, and there is plenty of negative talk in these threads.

by Anonymousreply 175December 11, 2017 10:56 PM

if the industry loves him so much why has he lost two Tony’s and no nomination today. simmer down

by Anonymousreply 176December 11, 2017 11:02 PM

R176, There are plenty of actors who haven't won awards and are still loved by the industry. I hate when this thread turns into arguing about stupid shit like this.

by Anonymousreply 177December 11, 2017 11:09 PM

R171 I don't think any of us on here believe Groff is some innocent angel. We've discussed before how he probably has a bitchy side (esp. having best friends like Lea). That being said, I 've never head one bad thing about Groff - even from fans back in the Spring Awakening days when social media wasn't big. Professionally, it's pretty widely known he's a good guy. Personally, who knows. But that's how most human beings are. No one is perfect, and no one is naive to think Groff is.

by Anonymousreply 178December 11, 2017 11:12 PM

He is always effusive & full of praise about his coworkers publicly. If he privately thinks they are inferior actors (or whatever is being claimed here), who cares?

by Anonymousreply 179December 11, 2017 11:23 PM

R179 Seriously. Troll person thinks we hold Groff up to some holy status, when this thread is for Groff related info/gossip. Sick of arguing about this. Who cares.

by Anonymousreply 180December 11, 2017 11:32 PM

Groff deserves all the scorn DL can muster for allowing Lea Michele's reign of terror to continue!

by Anonymousreply 181December 12, 2017 12:06 AM

R181 LOL "Reign of terror". She's just an annoying "little sister". They have a history. The end.

by Anonymousreply 182December 12, 2017 12:18 AM

Also, how is he “allowing” her to do anything? He is not in charge of her or her behavior.

by Anonymousreply 183December 12, 2017 12:22 AM

R183 Exactly. Like he's manipulating her to act the way she does. Please. He's not that powerful.

by Anonymousreply 184December 12, 2017 12:31 AM

If you're really an "insider," R174, please provide juicier gossip than just Jonathan shit talking at happy hour with his main fag hag, which is what tons of gay men do daily.

by Anonymousreply 185December 12, 2017 12:42 AM

R185 I agree. Since this is a gossip site, tell us more to prove you are part of his "inner circle". I call bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 186December 12, 2017 12:56 AM

R174, no need for examples so you do not have to expose yourself. We have heard these remarks about him over the past 10 years, spoken quietly so as not to incur the wrath and abuse of the fanfraus (as displayed by the prior posts above).

If you can give us an example that doesn't expose you personally that would be ideal. If not, no worries as he is known privately for his snarky comments and being the ultimate Broadway elitist.

by Anonymousreply 187December 12, 2017 2:31 AM

R181 Given that Lea Michelle is well known for being incredibly bitchy and elitist herself, if she was willing to say in an interview that Jon is privately very similar in personality to her Glee character Rachel Berry, I would take her at her word.

by Anonymousreply 188December 12, 2017 2:34 AM

R188 that’s only interpretable as an insult if you haven’t watched Glee. Rachel Berry is ambitious but she is ultimately a goody two-shoes. Also Lea loves Rachel; she meant it as a compliment.

by Anonymousreply 189December 12, 2017 2:55 AM

R188 Why would I trust Lea's interpretation of Groff? He probably shows her his worst side. It's like asking your Mom for an interpretation of who she thinks you are. It's probably not very accurate in the general sense.

by Anonymousreply 190December 12, 2017 3:26 AM

Also, if you asked a good friend to describe who you were and she gave an answer (such as Lea's answer about Groff being like her character on Glee)- why would that interpretation still be relevant nearly 10 years later? I hope I'm not the same person I was 10 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 191December 12, 2017 3:32 AM

R189 I haven't watched Glee but got the same impression from few scenes between the two: that her character is a golden heart girl at the brink of tears when his character yells at her. Maybe I got it wrong just from a couple of scenes but I thought her character was not bitchy at all. Am I wrong? If not, that is a compliment and much in line with how Jon is generally perceived so nothing to argue about.

R171 You understand that you have to prove you are from the "inner circle". You yourself wouldn't believe if another poster just claimed the same status, would you? So give us something about Jon that is not publicly known but "inner circle" people know. Also, we need quotes about these friends and co-workers. their names etc. Personally I don't believe you are from his "inner circle" but rather that you made that up because you are just annoyed by your impression that we here think of Jon as an angel. I second what R178 said. Relax pls.

by Anonymousreply 192December 12, 2017 7:35 AM

Also, do we think Lea is a good judge of character? I don't think Groff can be his genuine self around her - they probably resort back to their Glee/S.A. days, as siblings do when you get together for the holidays. Groff once told a story where he was hanging out with Lea's friends one night and they all watched the Bachelor, and he has no idea what was going on - he seemed truly out of place. Had they not shared that history, I doubt they'd be friends if they met in present day.

by Anonymousreply 193December 12, 2017 9:52 AM

R192 re: Rachel I wouldn’t say she is always nice because she’s a spotlight hog so can be jealous towards others if she thinks they’re getting attention she isn’t. But yeah other than that she’s basically the “good girl” in the same way Jonathan says he used to be the “good boy” back home. I think that’s all Lea meant by that comment.

by Anonymousreply 194December 12, 2017 11:22 AM

Honestly, two Tony losses and yesterday’s Globe non-starter: why can’t Groff rise to the occasion? What exactly IS THE PROBLEM?? Maybe he should stop laying it on so effusively about his costars and others like Beyoncé as though he’s still some star struck hillbilly chorus boy from the boonies and instead comport himself with some ADULT DIGNITY so he has a shot at being taken seriously as a grown man.

by Anonymousreply 195December 12, 2017 11:50 AM

p.s. puppy dogs roll onto their back so you can pet their bellies. stars DON’T. Overdoing deference is the opposite of HOT. Milquetoast Mennonite.

by Anonymousreply 196December 12, 2017 11:54 AM

(then again, everybody loves a cute puppy dog and likes to have one around, woof woof, Jonathan. you’re a wimp)

by Anonymousreply 197December 12, 2017 11:58 AM

Jonathan is cute and kind,but not a milquetoast.

by Anonymousreply 198December 12, 2017 2:58 PM

Many great actors have never received nominations, let alone awards. Awards are a political thing & depend on what producers/networks are pushing as well as who else is running & what the voters’ sympathies are.

Groff lost to David Hyde Pierce at his first Tonys. DHP is a legend & it was something of a “career award”. I’m sure voters felt Groff has the rest of his career to earn one, as it was his first show & he was the youngest nominee.

His second Tony nom was an unexpected fluke & probably not even warranted for a nine-minute part, but Broadway people like him. Daveed however had a much more difficult dual role & deserved the win.

Lack of GG noms is simply down to the fact that Netflix is pushing The Crown & Stranger Things instead. As I said, these things are political or there wouldn’t be “award campaigns”. I don’t think Groff being a less nice or polite person would earn him more noms. That makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 199December 12, 2017 4:08 PM

Forget awards, Jonathan, like many young actors, is just happy he has a paying gig.

by Anonymousreply 200December 12, 2017 4:10 PM

R199 Exactly, thanks. It is only a bit sad that Jon misses Broadway so much but he will not get there soon let alone get another Tony nomination. I almost hope MH does not get all five seasons.

by Anonymousreply 201December 12, 2017 6:20 PM

R199 Great analysis about how awards are political and based on voter sympathies. Jonathan's career blew up this year - he is going to get offered better and better roles, and remember he's only 32. Did you know Glenn Close, Harrison Ford, and Tom Cruise have never won an Oscar?? GLENN f-ing CLOSE. She is one of the most revered actors of our time. Groff will have plenty of opportunities to win awards, but I don't think he's in it to win.

by Anonymousreply 202December 12, 2017 6:42 PM

R201 I think Mindhunter is a well-made show but it does disappoint me that he doesn’t seem to get much of a chance to do other projects, and it takes them SO LONG to film & put out a season. I also think the story could get old. I’d like it to be a solid three-season show instead of dragging on forever like “hey we’re still hunting these minds”

by Anonymousreply 203December 12, 2017 7:24 PM

Keeping it honest. Groff did not deserve a nomination for Mindhunter this go round. Is he doing something completely different from anything he's every done? Absolutely. Is he more than likely having to stretch himself? Probably. But was I blown away by his performance? No.

Maybe it's due to it being such a different role for him, but he didn't feel comfortable with the part. Second year may go much better. Also, and maybe due to Fincher's direction or because of Groff's many emotions, when called upon to be emotionless, I feel that Groff gives us mannequin.

His scene partner Holt McCallany, however, stole scenes from him! Holt was unexpected & impressive.

by Anonymousreply 204December 12, 2017 8:32 PM

Groff's comments on the second season in that Gold Derby interview made me wonder if he thinks he might be Meg Fostered come the return of Mindhunter. That would be pretty devastating.

by Anonymousreply 205December 12, 2017 8:36 PM

R204 I agree. That character was all over the place, and although a nomination would've been great for him, other actors were more deserving. I hope he finds his character in season 2.

by Anonymousreply 206December 12, 2017 9:01 PM

I disagree that Jonathan was uncomfortable - personally I think that the character himself is uncomfortable and repressed and he played that accurately.

I get why Fincher wanted him for this role because with any other actor the character might be so unlikeable by episode 10 that the audience simply would not feel any sympathy or real fear that Ed Kemper might kill him. But the role does not allow Groff to show his full range of abilities, so far.

The actor I did think really merited a nomination for this season was Cameron Britton.

by Anonymousreply 207December 12, 2017 9:32 PM

R205 what does Meg Fostering mean, being killed off?

by Anonymousreply 208December 12, 2017 9:33 PM

Also, while I might get my head bitten off for this because people worship Fincher so much...

Though Fincher is a great director, I do not believe he is a great ACTORS’ director — that is, I do not believe he pulls the best performances out of actors. His talent in terms of actors is in his casting selection. He picks actors that are the exact right fit for their characters & then shoots his famous many takes so that he can carve out the performance he already envisions in his mind.

Actually, has ANY actor ever won a major award working with Fincher? I can think of several who have been nominated (Jesse Eisenberg, Rosamund Pike, and Rooney Mara) but none who have ever won.

by Anonymousreply 209December 12, 2017 9:56 PM

The Golden Globes are a joke. Mindhunter will do well at the Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 210December 12, 2017 10:13 PM

R210 I hope you're right about that. The SAG awards are tomorrow too. Definitely right about the Golden GLobes being a joke though.

by Anonymousreply 211December 12, 2017 10:20 PM

Any guess as to why Groff is on Live with Kelly and Ryan again? He was just on last month.

by Anonymousreply 212December 12, 2017 10:41 PM

He didn't do well in Mindhunter. If he had, he would have been nominated. His performance was good but not great. It ccertainly didn't stand out the way Holt and Cameron did.

He just wasn't that great and he didn't deserve the nom. Not everything he does is perfect.

by Anonymousreply 213December 12, 2017 10:44 PM

I find this thread sort of disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 214December 12, 2017 10:50 PM

R213 Haha no one thinks everything he does is perfect. I honestly didn't think his performance would be even buzzed about by critics, but many of them have predicted a nomination for Groff in some capacity.

by Anonymousreply 215December 12, 2017 10:51 PM

R212 maybe because they rudely cut him off after 2 minutes last time & he didn’t even get to talk about Mindhunter.

Also might be advertising the Bobby Darin concert coming up, or the Sutton Foster/Lincoln Center thing (though I’m pretty sure that’s sold out)

by Anonymousreply 216December 12, 2017 10:57 PM

R214 this is about the least disturbing thread on Datalounge. Try the Luke Evans, Timothee/Armie, or Sam Heughan threads for true horror.

by Anonymousreply 217December 12, 2017 11:00 PM

JG’s performance did not deserve a nomination but some others in the Mindhunter series did. So it is disappointing to see Mindhunter get a pass. But the character Holden may appear different in the next season after his breakdown. Hopefully JG gets to perform his powerhouse acting and show his range in Season 2. Either way I enjoy watching himand will watch any show he performs in.

I remember him stating that the closet he got to being on social media was when Looking was close to being cancelled. Let’s hope this is a setback enough for JG to get on social media. Although I love his mystery but still would like to see him more.

by Anonymousreply 218December 12, 2017 11:07 PM

By all what we learnt from his MH interviews, Jon had to play Holder precisely as Fincher wanted, no creative freedom there for him - just dropped his ego and delivered as instructed. Fincher takes many shots to make sure he can edit characters to his own vision. Jon did the best performance under the circumstances but MH is Fincher's to the details. That is why Jon likes theater - only there is he in control over his character/performance.

by Anonymousreply 219December 12, 2017 11:22 PM

R218 I’d also like to see a bit more of him - nothing big, an Instagram would be nice - but if he hasn’t joined by now, especially for Looking which he loved with all his heart and was deeply personally important to him, he never will.

by Anonymousreply 220December 12, 2017 11:56 PM

R220 I agree. He’ll never do it now. I personally think social media is too time consuming and he has said he doesn’t have the time.

And I don’t see him having a “setback” with MH as R218 stated. He played the part the way Fincher wanted. Hoping he gets more creative freedom for Season 2. My thoughts are that the character will be different after the breakdown (at least that’s my hope). This show definitely put his name out there.

by Anonymousreply 221December 13, 2017 1:12 AM

R214 Why so disturbed? We're all having a conversation which that involves different views.

by Anonymousreply 222December 13, 2017 1:55 AM

There really are people from every corner on here. Most of us enjoy him, but are able to keep open minds and have realistic views about his work & life.

Some can't stand him (never get why someone would bother to comment on a person they don't like) but we welcome all.

A few only want to discuss his work, and nothing else.

But there are others who IMO only see him in the 'perfect' light. They've crossed over into the worship territory. That's when it seems a bit odd to me.

by Anonymousreply 223December 13, 2017 2:54 AM

Ugh R218, you're making me say this. As for Groff on social media, pull a Frozen and 'Let It Go'!! That was corny.

Five years ago he said he wasn't doing it. Came close on Looking, but ultimately didn't want to do it. As recently as the beginning of this month, said a variety of 'he didn't want to/wasn't into it/ had no interest in it'. And yet, the hopes, wishes, and pleas for him to hop on social media continue.

by Anonymousreply 224December 13, 2017 3:15 AM

It’s true, he reiterates it in every press tour he does: he’s not doing social media. I have to respect his decision although I don’t think it’s best for his career.

by Anonymousreply 225December 13, 2017 3:34 AM

I love that he's not on social media. It's refreshing. He said he hates looking at his phone for the time, so he got a watch. If he hates looking at his phone just for the time, I doubt he'll ever get on it.

I do wonder if he lurks though.

Mindhunter should do a group social media account so that the cast can take turns for a short time doing promotion for the show. I don't know why no one ever thinks of that. It doesn't have to be forever, just before a show comes out a bit after it runs.

by Anonymousreply 226December 13, 2017 3:47 AM

Lin-Manuel said Jonathan had to Google his Twitter to see if he was back in Hamilton after being out sick. That means he doesn’t lurk.

by Anonymousreply 227December 13, 2017 1:38 PM

No SAG

by Anonymousreply 228December 13, 2017 2:24 PM

I honestly just popped in here to see who’s butthurt about no SAG noms lol

by Anonymousreply 229December 13, 2017 2:47 PM

He lurks, all celebrities do. Just does it privately instead of publiclly.

by Anonymousreply 230December 13, 2017 6:21 PM

R229 Not butt hurt, honestly not surprised. It would be nice to see, but I do think others are more deserving. Just happy that Mindhunter gets more seasons.

by Anonymousreply 231December 13, 2017 8:10 PM

For everyone "meh-ing" Groff's performance in Mindhunter, listen to the new "The Watch" podcast. Sam Esmail (creator/director of Mr. Robot) where he talks about Mindhunter and Groff's performance. He and the hosts praise Groff's performance and how great Mindhunter is.

by Anonymousreply 232December 14, 2017 3:41 AM

R232 Some may 'meh' it, while The Watch praised it. Know what both have in common? It's all opinions and it's all valid. I like & listen to the Watch, but just because they liked it doesn't change my mind about his performance.

by Anonymousreply 233December 15, 2017 9:10 PM

R233 Of course they are opinions, that's a given. Just thought it was worthy to bring up that a lauded director like Esmail was so impressed with Groff's work.

by Anonymousreply 234December 16, 2017 1:41 AM

Thanks for sharing. I am glad that Groff's performance is praised by another director. This Guardian review ranks Mindhunter No.6 out of 50 best TV shows this year and praises Groff' acting as superb and multicolor.

I really like that his projects are versatile and that his performance is never stereotypical.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235December 16, 2017 9:15 PM

This recent interview ends with two questions I don't recall he was ever asked before. Hope my translation is not wrong - not quite sure about few sentences:

Q: Would you go behind camera? Like your colleague Charlize Theron who is one of Mindhunter producers. A: Yes, I would find it very exciting. To discover stories worth telling and to develop projects - for me as an actor or for talented colleagues - that could certainly be my thing. Much more anyway as a director.

Q: And what about your writing? That is also a way to tell stories. A: Unfortunately my writing gift is not up to much. I was glad when I managed to write a diary. I was really eager about that before. There are boxes of notebooks in my NY apartment that I filled from age 18 to 25. Today I try at least occasionally to save my thoughts and observations to my laptop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236December 16, 2017 9:31 PM

R236 That would be interesting if Groff directed /created something of his own. I can't see him being a leader/taking control of a whole project, but there's always a first for everything.

In the upcoming years, I'd love to see him star in a big action movie (first gay super hero/action star?), host SNL, record another music project (like 36 questions), be in an indie film where he plays a character that is serious, but more emotional, so he can show off his acting skills in a bigger way, and do more podcast interviews where he discusses subjects he hasn't talked about before. Is that too much to ask? Ha.

by Anonymousreply 237December 17, 2017 7:20 AM

I can image him become a musical director,neither a playwriter nor an action star.

by Anonymousreply 238December 17, 2017 7:29 AM

R238 I could see that.

by Anonymousreply 239December 17, 2017 9:58 PM

R238 I can see him doing that in his later years. Maybe when he's 60 and he has kids. haha

by Anonymousreply 240December 17, 2017 11:51 PM

That translated quote seems to be him showing more enthusiasm for producing than directing. The discovering and developing projects is much more a producer's job.

by Anonymousreply 241December 18, 2017 12:16 AM

Bette and Kathy Najimy as the sisters, with SJP as the Nazi (the Neeeeighzi?).

by Anonymousreply 242December 18, 2017 12:25 AM

Could see him directing in theater, but no television or movies.

As for action star, that is way beyond his skill set. Nor does she have the looks and physic for it. Sounds like fanfiction.

by Anonymousreply 243December 18, 2017 2:23 AM

R243 He certainly has the looks for it - and he leans towards meaty so would easily be able to build more muscle. What other "skill set" would one need to do action films?

by Anonymousreply 244December 18, 2017 2:26 AM

He has stated before that he doesn’t have the writing gene. I think producing and developing projects would be more his thing.

by Anonymousreply 245December 18, 2017 2:55 AM

R243 If you saw Chris Pratt in his "Office" days, could you imagine him being one of the biggest action/superhero actors of today? Groff can definitely get in shape and do it.

by Anonymousreply 246December 18, 2017 3:19 AM

Lea's back in NYC for the holidays. Wonder if we'll get some good Groff posts.

by Anonymousreply 247December 18, 2017 4:27 AM

R241 I think just the opposite, that he is much more into being a director one day rather then a producer. My German is just basic so I had a slight dilemma what the correct translation of his last sentence "Viel mehr jedenfalls als Regieführen" was. Almost sure I got it right and it does make sense since he has been closely watching various directors' work for his early theater days and often he talks about them. Since he learnt acting by watching other actors, I guess he is gradually getting ready for directing one day.

R245 He basically stated the same in this interview as well. His last sentence that I omitted to translate "Aber ein Drehbuch wird daraus sicherlich nie" reads like "But out of it certainly won't be a script".

by Anonymousreply 248December 18, 2017 6:56 AM

"much more rather a director THAN a producer" - to avoid further misunderstanding

by Anonymousreply 249December 18, 2017 7:01 AM

Chris Pine has a strong masculine image. Even in the office he displayed a versatility that Jon has never had. And I find Pine unattractive, so my observation is based solely on carriage, physic, and his versatility as an actor.

Jon is lukewarm at best. Better gay actions stars are Luke Evans and Lee Pace, John Barrowman and Luke MacFarlane. Jon could never pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 250December 18, 2017 12:03 PM

R250 Disagree, we need to kill the image of a superhero as the typical "strong masculine image". Groff could bring a new type of superhero to the mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 251December 18, 2017 4:44 PM

Superhero role is very stereotypical one and not really an acting challenge. I doubt that there is a director of the genre brave enough to take an unconventional approach. Nothing for Groff there. I used to hope that he will get a more challenging, dramatic role to play or a dark, disturbing character like a psychopath or a lead role in a biopic. But with time-consuming MH, I don't see how he could audition for anything else. On the other hand, his Holden turned out to be quite an interesting character so now I just hope that the writers will keep evolving him throughout the next season.

by Anonymousreply 252December 18, 2017 9:46 PM

I don’t think Groff would even be interested in that kind of movie & let’s be real, out gay actors are still rarely given those roles (Quinto was still in when he was cast as Spock; Luke Evans was made to go BACK in the closet, and only came back out again last year; and I think Pace is still technically in).

Not to be negative but people can be wildly optimistic in these threads.

by Anonymousreply 253December 18, 2017 9:50 PM

R253 Who knows. Things are changing VERY quickly. If I would've told you a handful of women speaking out in the past 2 months would change the ENTIRE culture and taken down several men in different industries, would you have believed that?

R252 If you look at his IMDB, he actually acted as a psychopath/fugitive murderer proof of concept short for a film that might get made.

by Anonymousreply 254December 18, 2017 10:12 PM

R254 I still don’t think he’d be interested.

Also, he is committed to Mindhunter S2 so he’s not going to have time to film any other major roles until mid-2019

by Anonymousreply 255December 19, 2017 2:05 AM

R255 I do. I think Groff would be interested in anything that challenged him.

Who knows when he could get a break to film something while on a break. I think his career is gonna blow up in the coming years.

by Anonymousreply 256December 19, 2017 2:49 AM

R256 he’s got the Bobby Darin concert thing in January. Mindhunter S2 starts filming in May & will last for ten months. If he was filming anything from February - April we’d have heard the role announced by now. So...mid-2019, he MIGHT be available IF Mindhunter has a long enough hiatus to allow for a big role.

I love Jonathan’s work as much as anyone but the constant “he’s going to blow up into a huge A-list movie star & be unable to walk down the street!” talk has been going on in these threads for years now and honestly I just prefer to enjoy the work he actually creates and not imaginary projects. He had most of this year to film something else & all he did was a proof of concept short. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 257December 19, 2017 3:29 AM

Why is there never any sex gossip about him?

by Anonymousreply 258December 19, 2017 3:37 AM

R257 I'm talking way way into the future. Maybe in the next 5 years, I can see bigger stuff happening for him. Not now.

R258 I think it's a combination of him being careful with who he is with, and guys respect him too much to gossip?

by Anonymousreply 259December 19, 2017 3:55 AM

Seriously, I miss the gossip. DL used to be great for that.

by Anonymousreply 260December 19, 2017 3:56 AM

Last guy we knew for sure he had anything going on with (that Hector guy) made the mistake of putting their pics online & hashtagging him. So either others have learned their lesson about not doing that, or he’s being more upfront about asking guys not to do that.

by Anonymousreply 261December 19, 2017 4:09 AM

R261 Yeah I wonder if he specifically tells them not to. Do we know for sure that he was upset about the Hector guy at the Beyonce concert? I mean, he probably knew Hector had a public instagram if he allowed the photo in the first place. He also took photos with fans there.

by Anonymousreply 262December 19, 2017 4:35 AM

I find that Hector speculation (Instagram pic => break-up) ridiculously silly jumping into conclusion just like the idea that Jon imposes strict no photo policy to his guys. He only said once that he would never allow any intimate photo. But a photo with a guy in a bar or after a play on that guy's Instagram - who can tell if they had sex that evening or not? We can only speculate when we see such photos. Anyway these guys don't last long enough. And some guys don't have social media either.

R258 What sex gossip do you want?

We know that he is dating, having fun with guys, doesn't have a type and is versatile. Sounds great to me.

by Anonymousreply 263December 19, 2017 7:10 AM

R263 Yeah I think the availability of Groff gossip has more to do with him being on the DL, than Data Lounge not bringing it. He's just a private guy so it's hard to find anything on him.

by Anonymousreply 264December 19, 2017 7:43 AM

R261, probably dropped Hector because of the Instagram posts. Jon probably thought they were casually dating, and Hector may have thought they were more? Doesn't matter as it seemed to have ended soon after that trip.

by Anonymousreply 265December 19, 2017 7:56 AM

I’m just saying as soon as I saw Hector had hashtagged those pics with “groffsauce” I was like wow this is a mistake and then they were never seen together again.

Draw what conclusions you will from it.

by Anonymousreply 266December 19, 2017 12:09 PM

And hey we can always go back to speculating about Jonathan/Murray since apparently he saw Madame Butterfly three times...

by Anonymousreply 267December 19, 2017 12:12 PM

R267

That's dead in the water. Anyone notice how no one mentioned this actor as a possibility? Auto jumped right back to Murray.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268December 19, 2017 4:32 PM

Maybe, but the caption didn’t sound like they know each other well.

by Anonymousreply 269December 19, 2017 4:44 PM

R268 Agreed, I don't think that guy would be so obvious about it, and it doesn't seem like they know each other very well.

by Anonymousreply 270December 19, 2017 9:23 PM

To be honest I still think there is more going on with Murray because there is no reason for Jonathan to see that show three times. It got shitty reviews so I doubt he just loved the production THAT much.

Have at me, anti-Murray trolls!

by Anonymousreply 271December 19, 2017 11:50 PM

R271 I'm not anti-Murray, but if one of my best friends was in a show and wasn't some big broadway star that was in shows all of the time, I would go to support them if I could afford it? Either way, who knows, but Groff seems like the type of friend who is really supportive of his friends.

by Anonymousreply 272December 19, 2017 11:55 PM

To the same show three times, though?

Frankie & Raul (from Looking) each went to see Murray’s show & support him too...but they went once! Just saying

by Anonymousreply 273December 20, 2017 12:43 AM

R273 Yeah, but Groff is a huge theater go-er, maybe he's going with other friends who invite him, or he's inviting other theater friends.

by Anonymousreply 274December 20, 2017 2:46 AM

R271 I agree that he is there because of Murray and not related to that little dancer who just took a typical fan pic. Jon and Murray are certainly very close friends regardless whether they ever fucked or not. Apart for hanging out with Murray during and probably after the show, Jon may be taking that opportunity to spend some time backstage (his opening night photo was also taken there) . He keeps saying how much he is missing Broadway so it might be a small compensation.

by Anonymousreply 275December 20, 2017 7:09 AM

I’m sort of comforted by Jonathan reverting back to his lack of fashion sense for the winter. Goofy hats & puffer coats are back!

by Anonymousreply 276December 21, 2017 1:02 AM

R276 I agree. Prefer the typical guy fare versus the male fashion model look. Think he only goes for that when he does publicity, which is when he would hire a stylist. Smart. What man needs a stylist for their day to day lives?

by Anonymousreply 277December 21, 2017 1:34 AM

Anyone going to the Lincoln Center/Sutton Foster show tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 278December 21, 2017 2:43 AM

Jonathan looking great in an ugly sweater.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279December 21, 2017 5:35 PM

Haha Groff in that sweater is at the heart of who he is. He probably wishes he could walk around in a funny sweater from Walmart. That's meant to be a complement on his humility. Well, maybe not the Walmart part. haha.

I hope someone records the show tonight - they're not airing it until spring 2018 or something.

by Anonymousreply 280December 22, 2017 12:43 AM

Jonathan staring adoringly at Sutton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281December 22, 2017 3:44 AM

Another one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282December 22, 2017 4:13 AM

Audience members who attended the Sutton Foster event are writing that she and Groff tap danced together. Sucks we have to wait until spring '18 to watch it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283December 22, 2017 9:17 AM

Another one frn tonight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284December 22, 2017 9:45 AM

Good to see that sunny smile back again. Honestly whoever said he wasn’t smiling as much on Mindhunter press tour was right. I know it’s because a big ol’ grin doesn’t suit the subject matter, I just wanted to acknowledge that whoever said that was right.

by Anonymousreply 285December 22, 2017 11:36 AM

Have you checked out Lea's instagram stories? Groff is in the Hamptons with her family and boyfriend for the holidays.

by Anonymousreply 286December 23, 2017 1:58 AM

My Christmas wish would be to spend a night in bed with Jonathan Groff spooning me. Is that too much to ask? haha

by Anonymousreply 287December 23, 2017 10:06 AM

Christmas with Jonathan Groff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288December 30, 2017 3:34 AM

It's been a desert for Groff gossip. I imagine that's how it'll be next year too with him filming Mindhunter again. How depressing.

by Anonymousreply 289December 30, 2017 8:37 AM

He has a few concerts coming up at the end of January, then he's teaching a workshop in New Zealand with Sutton Foster, so I'm sure there will be photos.

by Anonymousreply 290December 30, 2017 7:22 PM

R290 Yeah, after January it'll be radio silence, I'm sure. Sucks - although I'm glad we get a season 2 of Mindhunter.

by Anonymousreply 291December 30, 2017 10:27 PM

Spotted at a dance performance today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292December 31, 2017 8:44 PM

R289, by definition gossip needs to be somewhat interesting. When the subject is absolutely uninteresting, well, there you go.

by Anonymousreply 293December 31, 2017 9:44 PM

R292 Good find. Wonder what Groff is doing for New Years. If the subject is absolutely uninteresting, I'll take boring gossip any day. You should probably stop checking this thread if you're looking for exciting gossip about Groff.

by Anonymousreply 294December 31, 2017 9:56 PM

Today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295January 4, 2018 12:35 AM

R295 Love that North Face jacket. Someone on twitter asked Lin if he'd petition for Groff to get on social media. He replied with one word. "No." haha

by Anonymousreply 296January 4, 2018 1:34 AM

Another sighting at the same place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297January 4, 2018 3:52 AM

I feel like he's doing some sort of cleanse after the holidays/getting ready for Mindhunter 2. His face looks slim.

by Anonymousreply 298January 4, 2018 3:53 AM

I just realized the Golden Globes are on this weekend. Anyone think Groff will be there?

by Anonymousreply 299January 4, 2018 7:22 AM

R299 Mindhunter wasn't nominated, so he has no reason to be.

by Anonymousreply 300January 4, 2018 2:14 PM

Anyone going to his Bobby Darrin show?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301January 4, 2018 8:50 PM

R300 Sometimes they have presenters there who aren't nominated.

by Anonymousreply 302January 4, 2018 9:28 PM

R302 the presenters have already been announced, he’s not one.

by Anonymousreply 303January 4, 2018 10:16 PM

And I love you.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304January 5, 2018 12:37 AM

R304 You are very lucky! How did you spot him? Was he in a rush to leave? And maybe more importantly, was he humble?

by Anonymousreply 305January 5, 2018 1:38 AM

The Mayor officially cancelled. Will Lea move to NYC full time? We may get more Jonathan sightings.

by Anonymousreply 306January 5, 2018 2:58 AM

Wow. Wonder what Lea will do. I'm curious about how serious she is about getting back on Broadway. No one will want to work with her given her reputation though.

R304 Groff is such a sweetheart. The purest of the purest of hearts. Happy for that guy!

by Anonymousreply 307January 5, 2018 3:32 AM

R307 Pure as the driven snow. Hahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 308January 5, 2018 11:11 AM

Lea is bound to get married soon. I predict she'll be engaged this year, and a wedding in 2019. Groff will be her "mate of honor" and she'll probably make him sing or do ridiculous shit. Just a random and stupid thought because it is as dry as the Mojave desert here.

by Anonymousreply 309January 5, 2018 11:48 AM

Groff and a writer from Looking hang out a lot and go to shows. There are a lot of pics together of them through the years that I've never seen. I can see Groff dating a writer like him, but he's known him since they started Looking and Groff never refers to dating anyone seriously since then, so...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310January 5, 2018 6:48 PM

I didn't even know that The Mayor had aired. I thought it was still in production.

by Anonymousreply 311January 6, 2018 3:36 AM

R311 Haha, that's a bad sign. Apparently they are shopping the show around to another show, but Lea hasn't tweeted/instagrammed about it ending. She's completely ignoring it. What a strange bird she is.

by Anonymousreply 312January 6, 2018 3:55 AM

R312 What is she supposed to say? A show I was in for a whole season bit the dust? That this is a pattern? She can't even treat it like Glee with a 'I'm going to miss all the people 'since it went so quick. But she CAN add it to her growing list of flops (Scream Queens, Places album, and now The Mayor). Her future: marry this boyfriend, pop out a kid, and in 5-10 years maybe get on Desperate Housewives. Her current career is at a standstill.

by Anonymousreply 313January 7, 2018 12:22 AM

R313 Meh, the other cast members were just saying they were grateful to the cast and crew, and for the opportunity to be in a show that talked about some important issues. Just overall giving the experience a nice send off. Wonder if Groff called her about it. She seems to be ignoring it pretty well, or maybe she's just relieved it's over. Doesn't seem like the cast cares for her that much.

by Anonymousreply 314January 7, 2018 4:34 AM

You know we’re bored when we start talking about Lea’s career, but in her defense I’ll say possibly she’s waiting to hear if the show gets picked up by another network. She’s not the lead so it’s not all that odd if she says nothing.

by Anonymousreply 315January 7, 2018 2:59 PM

R310 him & that guy are just friends, but I do agree a writer would be a good match for him. He’s a voracious reader so that would be a good fit. And he hasn’t had any luck dating other actors.

by Anonymousreply 316January 7, 2018 3:02 PM

New interview with Holt where he says Jonathan is always smiling, always in a great mood, "the happiest guy I've ever met":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317January 7, 2018 4:00 PM

R316 Definitely a good fit with a writer. He seems to really enjoy talking to writers like Armistead - I can definitely see him being endlessly fascinated by a writer.

R315 It's so dry here, Lea's career is the only thing interesting lately. I don't think she'd go back to the Mayor, she apparently didn't even attend the wrap party.

by Anonymousreply 318January 7, 2018 5:12 PM

R315 Honestly hasn't even been that long. There's been pictures of him here and there,with friends, fans, lea, etc. We've dealt with much worse. Now we're all just spoiled rotten because he was doing publicity for a solid three months.

He has the show in a couple weeks. But we'll REALLY feel it when Mindhunter starts filming again.

by Anonymousreply 319January 8, 2018 2:02 AM

Sorry to bring up Lea again, but all of her social media about the Golden Globes is so superficial . All about her, her dress, her hair, make-up: not a word about #metoo or the meaning behind wearing all black and the solidarity the women are symbolizing. I wouldn't give a shit otherwise, but I still can't believe Groff considers her his best friend. I get they have such a long history together, but it's still bizarre to me.

by Anonymousreply 320January 8, 2018 7:02 AM

R320 has Groff ever actually said he considers her his best friend? She calls him her best friend (though she also calls a few other people that). I’ve never heard him say actually say that though.

by Anonymousreply 321January 8, 2018 1:02 PM

[R319] oh man, hang on dear friends in this quest

by Anonymousreply 322January 8, 2018 9:00 PM

R321 Hm, good point, maybe in a print interview, but he doesn't seem the type to point out one "best friend" - especially when referencing Lea. She is just so insufferable and superficial - the complete opposite of Groff.

by Anonymousreply 323January 8, 2018 9:25 PM

The Roxy Hotel, NYC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324January 9, 2018 1:03 AM

Frank DiLella with the Insanely Talented Jonathan Groff at The Roxy Hotel, NYC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325January 9, 2018 1:06 AM

......just because....we need to see JG in every angle and every grey t-shirt he owns ;-)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326January 9, 2018 1:17 AM

R324 Thank you for posting that video. I've had to go to 2 funerals in one week, so that made my day better.

by Anonymousreply 327January 9, 2018 1:22 AM

You are welcome. Take care.

by Anonymousreply 328January 9, 2018 1:34 AM

This guy wrote some really nice words about Groff and Lin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329January 9, 2018 6:06 AM

R329 that was really sweet!

by Anonymousreply 330January 9, 2018 9:45 AM

Anyone know when and where we'll see the Frank Dilella interview?

by Anonymousreply 331January 9, 2018 11:24 AM

R331 I would assume before 1/20 , since Groff's show is then? I would think this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 332January 9, 2018 11:53 AM

Lea posted a IG Story on NY today, hoping for some photos!

by Anonymousreply 333January 12, 2018 7:42 PM

It's my birthday today - was hoping for some Groff updates, but nothing!

by Anonymousreply 334January 13, 2018 8:33 PM

334 maybe tomorrow :(

Happy Birthday!

by Anonymousreply 335January 13, 2018 9:27 PM

R335 Thanks so much!

by Anonymousreply 336January 13, 2018 9:52 PM

Damn... TUMBLEweeds in here! This is sad.

Anyone care to rank top 5 Groff projects?

1. Looking 2. Mindhunter 3. Hamilton 4. C.O.G. 5. A New Brain

by Anonymousreply 337January 16, 2018 8:08 PM

1. Looking 2. Hamilton 3. A New Brain 4. Frozen 5. Glee/C.O.G. - tied

Not a fan of his performance in Mindhunter as he was unconvincing as a straight FBI agent. Now, if there were music and dancing involved.....

by Anonymousreply 338January 17, 2018 1:02 AM

1) Looking 2) C.O.G. 3) Mindhunter 4)Spring Awakening 5) Taking Woodstock, which is not a great movie but Groff is a hilarious & accurate Michael Lang

by Anonymousreply 339January 17, 2018 1:11 AM

R339 Shit, I completely forgot about Spring Awakening!

by Anonymousreply 340January 17, 2018 2:16 AM

(1) Looking (2) Mindhunter (3) Spring Awakening (4) Hamilton (5) C.O.G.

by Anonymousreply 341January 17, 2018 10:04 AM

This is a bit of a challenge bc Groff has had smaller parts in projects that are brilliant (like Hamilton) but not necessarily the best showcase for him.

by Anonymousreply 342January 17, 2018 10:44 AM

R341 I might have to agree with you , he's better in S.A., so Hamilton comes after it.

by Anonymousreply 343January 17, 2018 11:37 AM

[html removed] What is so unconvincing about him as a straight FBI agent?

by Anonymousreply 344January 17, 2018 4:11 PM

Nobody listed Boss!? I liked both his performance and the show (second season) a lot. I also love Taking Woodstock - no idea why that movie didn't get great reviews. Maybe (like with Looking) the majority had wrong expectations. That movie was when I noticed I Groff - I was enchanted with his eyes and smile.

by Anonymousreply 345January 17, 2018 4:25 PM

TAKING WOODSTOCK is okay it’s just muddled in tone. It doesn’t know whether it wants to be a wacky surreal comedy or a touching coming-out drama.

Groff was great in BOSS! I just forgot about it bc it got cancelled on a cliffhanger & that annoyed me.

by Anonymousreply 346January 17, 2018 9:07 PM

Boss is strange because he never talks about it - especially when his character in Mindhunter is slightly similar in tone. I'm surprised he never brings it up in reference to Fincher saying he can't imagine Groff as a slime-y type of character.

by Anonymousreply 347January 18, 2018 12:19 AM

Forgot SA.

1. Looking 2. Spring Awakening 3. Hamilton 4. New Brain 5. Frozen

by Anonymousreply 348January 18, 2018 3:16 AM

R346 That's the problem with some of his projects and in general with the audience and the critics. They stick to stereotypes and need to label everything into genres. I liked the tone in Taking Woodstock and Lee's approach to the theme, just enjoyed it with an open mind. Still wonder how come Jon's eyes are huge and green in some scenes - the same in Looking the movie in the scene with Murray, though the color is different shade of green. And not sure what is the color of his eyes. Sometimes it looks blue and sometimes light brown as well.

by Anonymousreply 349January 18, 2018 6:53 AM

R349 I don’t “need” to force things into genres. It’s my opinion that the movie is muddled, probably partially because Dimitri Martin is not a trained actor. One minute they’re dancing through a cartoon on LSD & the next they’re trying to have a serious dramatic scene. It’s one of Ang Lee’s weakest films. That has nothing to do with Groff’s performance, which like I said is great or I wouldn’t have put it in top 5.

R347 He probably just doesn’t bring up BOSS because few people watched it & there’s no point telling them to watch it now because it has no ending. And he never contradicts Fincher. (All the actors who work with Fincher worship him a little too much for my liking, to be honest.)

by Anonymousreply 350January 18, 2018 12:21 PM

R350 Agreed, Taking Woodstock is a bit tedious. Huge fan of Ang Lee's, but that one was all over the place. Groff was sweet in it though.

The Fincher worship is a little out of hand. I get he's an incredible director, but Groff especially talks about him like he's a god.

by Anonymousreply 351January 18, 2018 10:06 PM

R351 yeah I’m not a fan of it either. Especially since these days, I’m wary of any powerful man in Hollywood who has such a cult of personality around him & who people are so reverant about.

Also I just don’t think all his work is THAT great. He is hit or miss for me. I liked Mindhunter more than I expected to, to be honest, but I don’t think I would watch it again like I do with my favorite series.

by Anonymousreply 352January 18, 2018 10:33 PM

R352 He's an incredible director, but definitely wary of any powerful man these days. If he's conducted himself in a professional manner for all these years, I'd be cool with everyone praising him but honestly, he's gotta be somewhat of a dick. Let's hope for Groff's career and everyone else working on Mindhunter, that dick-ish behavior doesn't extend into anything horrible. It doesn't sound like anything is coming out against him except that he overworks his crew, and even then, it sounds like the crew respects him.

I wonder how much of season 2 Fincher will be a part of, since he has multiple other movies going on at the same time. Hopefully Mindhunter maintains it's integrity without Fincher there.

by Anonymousreply 353January 18, 2018 10:41 PM

R349 I think Jonathan has eyes that change color depending on what he is wearing and his environment. They are bluer when he wears blue and more green/brown when he wears those shades.

by Anonymousreply 354January 18, 2018 11:47 PM

I'm surprised Lea hasn't posted anything about Groff this week in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 355January 19, 2018 3:09 AM

Groff is too busy preparing for his shows this weekend to be bothered with her. She’s doing nothing now that her show was cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 356January 19, 2018 3:44 AM

FINALLY, something!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357January 19, 2018 5:56 AM

As far as I know, Lea is not in New York, she’s in LA. She will only post things if she is there.

by Anonymousreply 358January 19, 2018 11:04 AM

R358 Go onto her instagram/stories. She is/was in NYC with her boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 359January 19, 2018 7:48 PM

R359 yeah i think it was a date couple thing and probably he was too busy anyway to be with her

by Anonymousreply 360January 20, 2018 1:13 AM

Went to the 7pm Bobby Darin performance tonight. While shorter than I thought, it did so much. I learned about Darin's life, appreciated the charismatic supporting actors & dedicated orchestra, and gained a newfound respect for Groff. He was FIRE!!!

On one hand, his humility is gold. That, along with his warmth, allows him to draw people in, but it's his talent that keeps audiences engaged & on their toes. While no one wants him to get a big head, using the words from his last song, he was made for this. He deserves to be told that, and told often!

There are parallels b/t Darin & Groff. That constant desire to perform that clutches at their soul. Their willingness to work hard. Self taught (learned by watching). Open books who try to live honestly. And like Darin, and guessing Groff, falls (in love) quickly.

Ultimately, exceedingly happy we saw him in person. Setting was intimate, singing voice & gestures had punch, while his speaking voice was akin velvet. And yes, he looks just as fly in person as on tv. Maybe more since you can really see how much heart he puts into his performances. Wish him all the best, personally and professionally.

by Anonymousreply 361January 22, 2018 4:18 AM

R361 Wow, thank you for the first hand experience. That's an incredible review - did the crowd seem to love his performance? Was he in character the whole time as Darin, or did he speak as himself ever? I saw photos of him with fans after the show, were you able to see him after the show?

by Anonymousreply 362January 22, 2018 4:42 AM

R362 The crowd loved it! Towards the end of the show, Groff killed with this high energy song. Crowd went crazy! Clapping for so long the supporting vocalists/actors had to pause before they began the transition piece.

He spoke as himself at the beginning and the end. Jovial, asking who was at a Lyrics & Lyricists concert for the 1st time, and acknowledged the balcony. Otherwise, he was in character.

There wasn't an opportunity to meet him, that I saw. Once the show ended people were ushered out, though I did see a handful taken back by security. Maybe if you waited around the lobby or building for an hour or so afterward. To be honest, we needed to eat, but I don't know if we would've had the heart to bother him. We went to the 7pm time, which ended at 9pm. But he also did a 2pm show. So assuming he got there at 1pm for that, that show ends at 4pm, gets to eat & rest, prepares for the 7pm show, that ends a 9pm, meet friends & family backstage, leave at 10/10:30? That's a lonnng day. And he would need to go home & rest since he does the last two shows Monday.

by Anonymousreply 363January 22, 2018 9:21 AM

Anyone have access to the recent Frank Dilella interview?

by Anonymousreply 364January 22, 2018 9:23 AM

R364 Hopefully there is a youtube link to that interview soon.

R363 What an incredible description - do you remember any of the Bobby Darin songs he sang? Do you think a lot of people were there just to see Groff sing (vs. being Bobby Darin fans?) What were the other cast members singing as? Were they an ensemble to support his vocals, or were they other "characters" or playing people who sang with Darin? Yeah there are a lot of fan photos with him, I think they were taken after the show because a lot of the captions described how incredible the performance was. How close were your seats?

I wonder if Groff is sad at all, knowing he'll have to be in Pittsburgh for the next year filming Mindhunter. Maybe "sad" isn't the right word, but he's said in past interviews that his friends thought he died because he lived like a monk - very disciplined, and would come home, eat, watch a tv show, and go straight to bed. Now that he knows from experience what that life is like, with no singing/performing on stage while he's shooting Mindhunter, encompassing a character who is so unlike himself, a part of me wonders if he ever regrets taking Mindhunter - knowing it might be 5 seasons. That's 4 more years of his life - with a majority of the time in Pittsburgh. Who knows, maybe he appreciates the discipline and challenge, and it's Groff, he makes the most of everything, and it would've been stupid not to take the role. Anyone have any takes on that?

by Anonymousreply 365January 22, 2018 9:39 AM

R365 How did you find the fan photos from last night?

by Anonymousreply 366January 22, 2018 11:59 AM

Thank you for describing your experience so vividly. JG is truly one of a kind.

by Anonymousreply 367January 22, 2018 6:42 PM

Spotted Jon on Stephen Karam's instagram from last month... weren't there rumors on DL that they used to be fuck buddies back in the day?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368January 22, 2018 7:36 PM

R368, Jesus Christ is it embarrassing how much he fawns over other actors and his directors so unashamedly brown-nosing. The man has no dignity.

by Anonymousreply 369January 22, 2018 7:43 PM

R368 No. Don't think there's anything wrong when he compliments other actors. If anything, I like it. Shows he isn't egotistical & is willing to acknowledge others talents.

He does have a tendency to go overboard on directors. However, he picks who he is going to work with carefully, so the adoration is likely genuine.

by Anonymousreply 370January 22, 2018 7:51 PM

R370, do a quick mental survey of iconic stars throughout the ages and ask yourselves which ones are instantly and fawningly forthcoming about all the other brilliant actors and singers and directors they know. Most big stars are really hesitant to fawn, ever, really. In fact, often the opposite. Clint Eastwood puts his early director mentors’ names of tombstones in his westerns, Bette Davis had nothing but bile for Joan Crawford. Actors and artists are notoriously competitive. Which makes Groff either a non-star or a phony, neither of which are very potent identities.

by Anonymousreply 371January 22, 2018 7:56 PM

A glimpse from The Darin Show. He is truly a superstar. Can’t take my eyes off him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372January 22, 2018 8:03 PM

R371 Are you actually comparing Groff to Eastwood/Davis/Crawford? Those days are LONG gone, unless you want to be exposed on social media as a diva or rack up a horrible reputation. Groff doesn't have that in him ; are you really limited to such binary thinking that either you're a "non-star" or a "phony" if you really complementary of the people you work with? He seems to have one of the best reputations out there, and his career is taking off. If you ask anyone who has worked with him, they'd definitely counter your "phony" point, and his resume is proof he is not a "non-star".

by Anonymousreply 373January 22, 2018 8:31 PM

R372 I wish we could get more vids of the performance!

by Anonymousreply 374January 22, 2018 8:33 PM

Look at all of you! A gaggle of Yentas trying to find the perfect man for JG. I think it's sweet. I have never read as many positive posts about anyone on D.L. other than James Garner. And certainly well deserved. I love Jonathan, too. I have watched the first season of Mindhunters so many times that I get paranoid that some data wrangler at Netflix jokes about all the weirdos who are obsessed with the show. And Jonathan;)

by Anonymousreply 375January 22, 2018 8:46 PM

R375 I feel the same about being a weirdo and watching Mindhunter about 9 times all the way through now. It's a fascinating show, I've read the book, and I'm fascinated by true crime. I wish season 2 would be released this year, but it hasn't even started filming.

by Anonymousreply 376January 22, 2018 8:50 PM

May be common knowledge, but what are things hanging off the actors foreheads?

by Anonymousreply 377January 22, 2018 9:21 PM

R377 The wireless mics.

by Anonymousreply 378January 22, 2018 9:25 PM

What a handsome man. This woman looks like he could be related to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379January 22, 2018 9:41 PM

R368 - Yes, he was rumored to have dated Stephen Karam between when he broke up with Cody and when he was first spotted out with Gavin.

Karam is one of the least attractive men in theatre. Never understood what Groff saw in him so he must have a GREAT personality.

YUCK

by Anonymousreply 380January 22, 2018 9:57 PM

R371 Bette Davis was also a hostile & bitter bitch and Clint Eastwood is a mean old fart Republican who once picked a fight with an empty chair. Most “big stars” are egotistical assholes. I would prefer Groff did not emulate these people just so he can seem cool & aloof to you.

by Anonymousreply 381January 22, 2018 9:59 PM

I don’t think Karam is all that unattractive; he has pretty eyes. He looks a little like Russell Tovey & god knows the fangirls were more than willing to imagine something going on between Tovey & Groff.

by Anonymousreply 382January 22, 2018 10:03 PM

R381 Seriously, why would you use ancient people like Crawford/Davis/Eastwood as examples of how to be a star. Groff is lucky he doesn't have people on his team that would provide foolish advice like that. If he's not naturally competitive or catty, wouldn't forcing that type of behavior be MORE phony? His catty and competitive "best friend" seems to be shit on by all of her co-stars after her show was canceled, and look where her career is at. Groff is doing fine.

R382 Every time I see Karam, I think it's Tovey.

by Anonymousreply 383January 22, 2018 10:08 PM

more....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384January 22, 2018 11:02 PM

Video of Groff this afternoon at the show.

by Anonymousreply 385January 22, 2018 11:03 PM

Oops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386January 22, 2018 11:03 PM

Last try.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387January 22, 2018 11:04 PM

R385 R386 R387

I wrote my thoughts on the show at R361 & R363, and just watched your videos from the performance today. Here I was thinking his warm greeting was just something he threw together. Ha!! He said the EXACT same thing to the Sunday night crowd. That charm was rehearsed.

We still loved it though!

And some question his acting skills. If you were in the audience, you fell for it.

by Anonymousreply 388January 23, 2018 3:02 AM

R388 You described it just as it happened! I guess they have to have somewhat of a script so things go smoothly. But yes, his charm washes over any repetition, and it comes across very naturally. I wonder if any of his friends from the different projects he's done were in the audience.

by Anonymousreply 389January 23, 2018 3:14 AM

R388 Maybe it is from the same show as the one you watched.

Anyways, JG always opens a dialogue with his velvety ‘How are you today? Thank you for coming’. He says that at interviews as well. It sounds just as appealing even though he has said it a million times before. It is scripted but it’s a script which is a part of who he is.

by Anonymousreply 390January 23, 2018 11:23 AM

Frank Dilella needs to work with broadway.com. That way when he promotes an interview more people would see it. If there isn't full video footage, it's like it never happened.

by Anonymousreply 391January 23, 2018 12:51 PM

R389 Were you able meet him or get a picture? Would have loved to tell him how amazing his performance was, but couldn't see how to make that happen, and yet there are fan pictures.

by Anonymousreply 392January 23, 2018 1:50 PM

R387 If you have it, will you please post footage of Once in a Lifetime and The Curtain Falls?

by Anonymousreply 393January 23, 2018 7:07 PM

Photos from the Bobby Darin show.

Groff looks really good - he should always cut/style his hair like this. I wonder if Holden in Mindhunter 2 will have the same look as season 1.

You can see towards the bottom he met with fans after the show and signed their programs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394January 23, 2018 11:21 PM

Remember when a delusional Kevin Spacey convinced himself that he could play Bobby Darin in a role that he was clearly TOO OLD and TOO UNATTRACTIVE to be believable in that terrible, awful movie that he also produced? Me neither.

by Anonymousreply 395January 24, 2018 3:32 PM

R395 Fuck Kevin Spacey . I hope he rots into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 396January 24, 2018 7:10 PM

Wow, apparently Broadway is buzzing about Groff as Bobby Darin and the show could possibly go to Broadway. I wonder if Mindhunter could take a year off, or would Groff negotiate out of his contract after a year or so??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397January 24, 2018 7:16 PM

R397 The show would most likely need a little time before it was ready for Broadway. I would say he films MH this year and if the Bobby Darrin show goes to Broadway that it won’t happen until next year.

I’ve gotta say I was excited to see this news. I heard it’s a great part for him.

by Anonymousreply 398January 24, 2018 9:14 PM

R397 Right, but let's say it does get picked up, it would need almost another year or 6-8 months of prep to get it ready for Broadway. Mindhunter as a possible 5 seasons; Groff would have to get out of his contract, or they'd have to stop filming for a year at the very least so he could prepare and do a run on Broadway. It's a nice problem to have, and I'm excited for him, but I wonder what he'll do. I know his heart is always with theater, but Mindhunter is such a huge job for him.

by Anonymousreply 399January 24, 2018 9:31 PM

R399 Mindhunter has been on hiatus from filming for about a year now, and doesn’t start up again until April. Assuming the next hiatus is also a long one they could easily arrange to do a show like this, it would just have to be carefully timed.

I was very frustrated that he didn’t do a stage show this year. There was more than enough time for him to do a full run, or at least 6 months of something.

by Anonymousreply 400January 24, 2018 10:24 PM

^^ And let me just add to that that although I appreciate Mindhunter as a well made series, if they keep going at this rate it’s going to take them 12 years to put out 5 seasons and that is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 401January 24, 2018 10:26 PM

R401 Haha, I agree. It's taking them soo long, and if what Fincher/producers have their way, it's supposed to go for 5 seasons. I wonder if they will go that long - who knows, they could get canceled after 2-3 seasons, and Groff could get more time on the stage. All this to say, what an exciting time for him. I'm sure he's getting offers from all of the place.

by Anonymousreply 402January 24, 2018 10:40 PM

Groff would be foolish to give up a lead spit on a TV series. There is more money and recognition in TV than there is in theater. And given that a Broadway show needs time to develop, and he would be required to stick with it long enough for him to be in the running for a Tony nom. So no chance of it happening between Mindhunter seasons.

If they do not give Mindhunter a third season, then he could be tapped as lead for the musical.

by Anonymousreply 403January 24, 2018 10:57 PM

R403 he would not be required to do the workshopping & there’s no minimum amount of time you need to be in a role to be eligible for Tony (nor is Tony eligibility a requirement for being cast in a Broadway show)

by Anonymousreply 404January 24, 2018 11:08 PM

R403 Groff has mentioned in several interviews he works on projects to work with great people - not for recognition/money. I think given the choice, he'd choose Broadway over anything. But who knows, it will depend on Mindhunter - they could be really cool and extend the hiatus for him so he could take on that role for a bit.

by Anonymousreply 405January 24, 2018 11:21 PM

For a Tonys nomination, he would at the very least need to be listed on opening night. There are very few exceptions to this of course. I mean, he was out of Hamilton by the time he got his 2nd nom.

I hope this happens. It would be nice for him to get the recognition he deserves as a stage performer.

by Anonymousreply 406January 24, 2018 11:24 PM

Could see this all falling into place for Groff, as so many things seem to do (cancellation of Looking and on to a groundbreaking, worldwide hit musical Hamilton).

OPTION 1: 2nd season of Mindhunter, start Bobby Darin with intention to go back, but MH cancels, he continues with BD

OPTION 2: In the 2nd season MH is realized as a hit. Can't go to Broadway, but retains credit for launching BD through his performance.

A win-win either way & right now he's very lucky.

by Anonymousreply 407January 24, 2018 11:35 PM

R405 Can't see Netflix as cool with extending an already fairly long hiatus. This is still a buisness. Don't think he has much leverage. He's under contract, isn't well known in tv world, and the show isn't some runaway success story. Know it's wrong but I loved him in the Bobby Darin story, but when I watch him in Mindhunter it's meh. Maybe it'll change.

by Anonymousreply 408January 24, 2018 11:49 PM

There is a short video of JG & Dilella that's up. Whoever got this posted...THANK YOU!

by Anonymousreply 409January 25, 2018 12:03 AM

R408 I don’t think it’s wrong. Mindhunter is well done but other than the final episode and a few other scenes, does not allow Groff to showcase his range. He plays it well but it’s a very repressed character. I hope future seasons give him more to do.

by Anonymousreply 410January 25, 2018 12:33 AM

R406 He does deserve the recognition. Out of any award recognition, I'd love to see him win a Tony. He's an incredible performer.

by Anonymousreply 411January 25, 2018 1:21 AM

R408 I have a feeling his acting/character will become more dynamic in season 2. The character had a meltdown, and he 's become more cocky/confident. He can't just remain stagnant with all of that going on.

I'm confident somehow they will make all of this work for him somehow.

by Anonymousreply 412January 25, 2018 1:23 AM

His performance in MH was bleh. He is better suited for muscal theater, however he is not getting any younger and has to take SOME jobs that give him a decent income. Broadway does not pay as well as you think it does.

He should stay with MH for as long as he can. His contract with Netflix probably does not allow for him to star in a long running Broadway show. Otherwise he would have taken something more prominant and steady during the off season.

by Anonymousreply 413January 25, 2018 1:33 AM

R411 While I don't want to admit it, you completely speak the truth.

by Anonymousreply 414January 25, 2018 1:38 AM

Sorry. I meant R413

by Anonymousreply 415January 25, 2018 1:49 AM

Who is the guy in the photo with Jon. I see them in photos together now and then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416January 25, 2018 2:04 AM

R416 dunno but the girl is an actress & friend of his from Spring Awakening, so he must be a mutual acquaintance.

by Anonymousreply 417January 25, 2018 2:10 AM

What I would give to be a guest at this wedding...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418January 25, 2018 2:33 AM

R417 The guy is Justin Gamble, judging by his IG seems nice and straight. He is probably that close friend Justin who Jonathan recently mentioned in an interview. Here they are seven years ago when Jonathan was telling an embarrassing high school story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419January 25, 2018 9:58 PM

Anyone think Jon took Murray along with him to New Zealand?

by Anonymousreply 420January 26, 2018 12:17 AM

R420 Is he already en route to New Zealand?

by Anonymousreply 421January 26, 2018 1:41 AM

Karam has an incredible body, I know that.

by Anonymousreply 422January 26, 2018 1:47 AM

Is there going to be a NYTimes article on Groff to go along with these photos?

R420 What makes you think he took Murray?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423January 26, 2018 1:53 AM

R423 I guess there already was NY Times article . The photo is from the same shoot as the one below. The photographer says about JG, quote: "this dude was the actual sweetest kindest coolest, amazing to work with. also when i told him Mindhunter was my favorite show on Netflix last year, his response: “you watched the entire thing?!??"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424January 26, 2018 6:53 AM

R421 He is already there. Has a class to teach and a concert on Feb 2.

by Anonymousreply 425January 26, 2018 7:12 AM

R424 That is really sweet of the photographer to say. Ah, ok, I didn't know it was from the same article. Love the one of him against the wall.

by Anonymousreply 426January 26, 2018 7:13 AM

Down unda already! Is this the show with Sutton?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427January 26, 2018 8:23 AM

The Frank Dilella Interview is up on Twitter. could not copy paste it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428January 26, 2018 3:32 PM

R428 Good find! His voice is sounding better than ever. Someone in the comments section said "he and his Mom are so wholesome, they rented bikes here because they liked the exercise" - do you think they are referring to Groff and his Mom?

by Anonymousreply 429January 26, 2018 7:11 PM

That would be the cutest if Groff brought his mother. She is a gym teacher so renting bikes seems up her alley.

by Anonymousreply 430January 26, 2018 8:43 PM

R430 Yeah it really would be cute if he brought his Mom. I wouldn't doubt it, she always comes to his performances in NYC, and since it's a long trip, he probably wanted to bring someone familiar there to "play" with when he's not performing. The performance isn't until next week, so he's there for a week or so. Hoping for some cute photos of him and his Mom.

by Anonymousreply 431January 26, 2018 9:19 PM

Singing for the kids. What a sweetie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432January 26, 2018 9:41 PM

So apparently the workshop in New Zealand isn't just a one day thing. Groff will be working with the kids on Spring Awakening, and helping to "direct" them? What an incredible opportunity for these kids. Groff certainly doesn't need to be doing anything like this, given the craziness of his career right now, but he still flies across the world to do stuff like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433January 26, 2018 9:48 PM

You can totally see him and his Mom at the end of this video. How sweet that they went together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434January 26, 2018 11:51 PM

These kids are so excited. haha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435January 27, 2018 6:17 AM

I’m glad Jonathan isn’t on social media . Now that’s he playing a straight guy on Mindhunters he would be with a girl at his arm constantly . He would be back in the closet l

by Anonymousreply 436January 27, 2018 9:04 AM

R436 I don't understand your point. Why would he be back in the closet if he was on social media? I'm glad he's not on it either.

by Anonymousreply 437January 27, 2018 10:13 AM

R436 That may be one great reason he does not have public profiles. No pressure to hide his boys.

by Anonymousreply 438January 27, 2018 10:53 AM

R438 You're right. I think that may be one of the reasons (secretly). But it's smart.

by Anonymousreply 439January 27, 2018 9:14 PM

R436 he is super open about it, why would he try to hide it on social media tho?

by Anonymousreply 440January 28, 2018 12:02 AM

R440 He's open about it, but maybe not about fucking around or having non-monogamous relationships to his conservative family. He has a huge extended family, and they'd all be following him on his social media. He probably just wants to avoid the drama.

by Anonymousreply 441January 28, 2018 12:15 AM

Frankly because Hollywood is really not that progressive. Lee Pace really is gay. Same with Luke Evans. They may try to hide it, or be coy, or even hnt at being bi. However they are gay. Yet to obtain strong masculine leads in films and television, they hide it as much as possible.

Hollywood still treats gay men as stereotypes. Even most of the leading men in gays films have been straight as they project heterosexual norms in the day to day lives when not on film.

by Anonymousreply 442January 28, 2018 12:20 AM

His family never talk about his personal life,although they met all his exes.

by Anonymousreply 443January 28, 2018 12:24 AM

R443 I'm not saying they talk about his personal life, I'm just saying he's said he still gets nervous talking about sexuality because of where he comes from. If he had social media and was dating someone, he'd probably be questioned as to why he's not more open about his relationships, and he doesn't need the drama. If he was just fucking around, people could gossip on the comments section and start shit where his family could see it. He's smart just to stay out of it.

R442 This is true, but I hope with everything going on right now things will change. People aren't gonna put up with that bullshit anymore. What has defined masculinity in the past will definitely change from now on. It make take years, but things will change.

by Anonymousreply 444January 28, 2018 2:17 AM

There’s a difference between being publicly honest & open about your sexuality & wanting everyone to know exactly who you’re dating & all the details.

by Anonymousreply 445January 28, 2018 3:38 AM

R445 YES.

by Anonymousreply 446January 28, 2018 3:42 AM

I still think Groff would do well on SNL. I hope one day he gets on it.

by Anonymousreply 447January 28, 2018 3:50 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448January 28, 2018 3:56 AM

R448 Aww that is adorable!

by Anonymousreply 449January 28, 2018 4:01 AM

R445 exactly my point! he doesnt have to show off who he is dating, but he doesnt have to act straight on social media, what would u think that would show to us, that we should fake it as well? things not gonna change that way

by Anonymousreply 450January 28, 2018 9:10 PM

it was for R441 the second part of the post

by Anonymousreply 451January 28, 2018 9:12 PM

If Jonathan has a social network account,what will he post?Any ideas?

by Anonymousreply 452January 28, 2018 11:14 PM

R452 No point going down this road since he's made it clear he has zero interest.

by Anonymousreply 453January 28, 2018 11:58 PM

R452 I'm assuming it would be mainly project based. So any performances he has coming up, or supporting his friend's projects. If he ever opened one, it would be mainly professional, not personal. But I hope he never has to do that. I think it would be cool if Mindhunter, or other projects he has had a group account, and he posted from there. Sometimes he'd take over Raul's insta during the Looking days.

by Anonymousreply 454January 29, 2018 12:05 AM

Groff in all of his casual style glory. I bet he wishes he could dress like this again in the States.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455January 30, 2018 9:41 AM

R455........he does dress like that in ‘The States’.

by Anonymousreply 456January 30, 2018 2:53 PM

R455 I mean not as much now since he's had his stylist. Don't get me wrong, I miss his sloppy style.

by Anonymousreply 457January 30, 2018 6:59 PM

[quote]a lead spit on a TV series

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 458January 30, 2018 7:02 PM

R456 yeah I’m confused by that comment too. That hoodie is more than familiar lol

by Anonymousreply 459January 30, 2018 7:30 PM

Groff talking about the program in NZ. Also, he looks like a golfer. A hot golfer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460January 30, 2018 10:26 PM

another....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461January 30, 2018 10:36 PM

R460 so handsome...

by Anonymousreply 462January 31, 2018 11:06 AM

Videos and article from New Zealand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463January 31, 2018 12:24 PM

R463 That video of Groff acting out a Frozen voicemail is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 464February 1, 2018 1:54 AM

Great Q and A by NZ interviewer. Light hearted and something new about Groff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465February 2, 2018 3:29 PM

R465 What a charming bastard. It just exudes out of him. Great questions from the kids too. Do you think he actually went to karaoke with her afterwards?

by Anonymousreply 466February 2, 2018 7:23 PM

Singing "You'll be Back" in NZ. Wish someone had other parts of the song he sang; he mashed this with Beyonce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467February 3, 2018 3:27 AM

Dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468February 3, 2018 1:03 PM

R465 What tv show was he shooting in Chicago when they told him he got Frozen?

by Anonymousreply 469February 3, 2018 1:35 PM

R469 Boss. It's funny how he hardly talks about that show.

by Anonymousreply 470February 3, 2018 2:00 PM

I rewatched some eps of Boss with Groff in it, and I think Fincher's wrong about him not being able to play a smarmy character. He did a good job playing that character in that show convincingly. Not fond of the show, but he's more convincing in that role than as an FBI agent in Mindhunter - although Mindhunter as a show is superb.

by Anonymousreply 471February 3, 2018 2:24 PM

Candid or Candied ! Delicious Groffsauce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472February 7, 2018 12:44 PM

R465 What a great interview? Glad to see him talk something else besides, Mennonite upbringing, Beyonce stealing the walk,...... If you could ask Jonathan Groff one question what would it be? Somehow I have been curious about what kind of a child or teenager was he! Bet he was not the mischevios kind, but like to know how he developed into this articulate, well spoken, thoughtful individual.

What would be your one question?

by Anonymousreply 473February 7, 2018 12:55 PM

R473 I would ask him if he's ever faced real hate/bigotry in his life for being gay, and how he's dealt with it.

by Anonymousreply 474February 7, 2018 7:53 PM

Loving how Groff uses his down time from Mindhunter/other projects to work with kids/schools.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475February 7, 2018 7:57 PM

To be honest I don’t know what I’d ask him because he’s so guarded that beyond books, theater & Beyonce I have no idea what he is interested in.

by Anonymousreply 476February 7, 2018 8:06 PM

R476 Do you think he's guarded, or just not interviewed by publications/interviewers who don't ask him personal questions? He's always said he's an open book and that he'll answer anything - I think he just needs to be interviewed by a really good journalist or interviewer. I'd like to hear him on WTF with Marc Maron.

by Anonymousreply 477February 7, 2018 8:29 PM

R473 He's touched on how he was as a teenager in high school - a theater nerd, goody-goody, didn't curse, didn't do anything "bad", fake dated girls.

by Anonymousreply 478February 7, 2018 8:31 PM

Actually,I want to see him play with his goats all day,no question.

by Anonymousreply 479February 7, 2018 8:44 PM

R479 Goats and Groff. Always a good combo.

by Anonymousreply 480February 7, 2018 8:51 PM

R474 That’s a great question.

R479 That does bring the inner child in him.

by Anonymousreply 481February 7, 2018 9:15 PM

R477 I think he’s very guarded which is why he tends to tell the same stories over and over again. They are stories that he has rehearsed like they were a play monologue and he is comfortable with telling them. Which is not to say I think he has any deep dark secrets, I just think he’s very deliberate about what he chooses to reveal or not (remember Lin-Manuel called him the “Edward Snowden of Broadway”)

by Anonymousreply 482February 7, 2018 9:21 PM

R482 Hm, so if he was asked a very personal/intimate question do you think he'd refuse to answer it? I think he'd say, "That's a really good question!" , then attempt , at the very least, to answer it. Haha. I can't see him refusing to answer a question unless it had to do with bad mouthing someone else.

by Anonymousreply 483February 7, 2018 10:50 PM

R476 and R482 He is an open book. We know plenty. Yes, he likes theatre, books, and Beyonce, but he'll be goofy if he knows it will make someone laugh. Big on family, loves his friends, supportive of colleagues, and sex positive. Talented, yet has zero hesitation acknowledging that he's been lucky. Doesn't seem to have even a hint of pretentiousness. Of what I've heard & read, only refused to answer one question. Seth Rudetsky asked where he & Lea Michele wrote their names on a theater and he said I'm not telling you that. He wasn't coy and didn't beat around the bush, but wasn't snide and didn't get an attitude either. Read the dot429 article from a couple years ago. It was thorough & pretty sure he answered every question.

by Anonymousreply 484February 7, 2018 11:47 PM

R483 I think like in most celebrity interviews his publicist & the interviewer go over the questions he’ll be asked beforehand & if there was a question he wasn’t comfortable answering it would be nixed.

If he was that much of an open book he’d have social media.

by Anonymousreply 485February 8, 2018 12:01 AM

The 429 interview is good but I struggle with it because I find Kevin Sessums loathsome.

by Anonymousreply 486February 8, 2018 12:05 AM

R485 Or he's just not into it, as he's said numerous times. Can't be open unless you're part of social media? Please. Most actors, musicians, etc use it as a publicity tool. Not like you're learning something deep.

At this point, it seems like some people are trying to guilt or bully him into joining social media which is pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 487February 8, 2018 12:29 AM

R486 I get that. Could be a nice guy, but there's just something about him that seems vile.

by Anonymousreply 488February 8, 2018 12:33 AM

R488 - have you read his books? They make his creepy aspects pretty clear.

by Anonymousreply 489February 8, 2018 12:36 AM

R487 how is it bullying him if he’ll never see it? Ha!

Also, I actually don’t want him to join. I think it’s best for him if he doesn’t. Just pointing out that this is an indication that he does have a very private side.

by Anonymousreply 490February 8, 2018 12:38 AM

R490 The social media question is asked regularly. At this point, interviewers and fans alike have already heard the answer. Doesn't stop them from asking the same question though.

by Anonymousreply 491February 8, 2018 12:45 AM

R489 Haven't read them. What's in them that's so bad?

by Anonymousreply 492February 8, 2018 12:52 AM

R485 Sure, his publicist probably makes sure questions aren't too personal, but he's been asked some personal questions (the most recent Broadway.com interview with Paul) which he's answered. Has anyone listened to the audio commentary for Looking on both DVD's? He's pretty free flowing about sex/relationship on the commentary and doesn't seem shut off or closed. I think the issue is he just hasn't been famous enough to be asked extremely personal/intimate issues yet, or people aren't interested in asking him those questions (yet). I also don't think being "closed off" by not having social media is a bad thing. Actors need mystery to play different roles, and nowadays there are major issues with over exposure. Actors like Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone are both pretty "closed off" to personal questions, but it hasn't hurt their careers. Gosling is on twitter but only uses it to promote or raise awareness for issues he cares about.

by Anonymousreply 493February 8, 2018 1:10 AM

R485 If you were to interview him and ask him questions without any filter, what would you ask him? Do you have particular questions that you'd like answered from him?

by Anonymousreply 494February 8, 2018 1:19 AM

R492 he’s a repeatedly lapsed methhead who frequented young sex workers, which are not necessarily things I would judge him for but do make him seem like an odd friend for Jonathan.

What I truly dislike about him is that he is obsessed with celebrities & his connection to them. A total starfucker. He bases his entire worth & identity around it, and it’s gross.

Regarding Jonathan I thought it was creepy that he talked leeringly about speculating on whether he was gay when he was in Spring Awakening & was like 20 years old (Sessums had to be twice his age at that time)

They haven’t been seen together lately, though, and I’m pleased by that.

by Anonymousreply 495February 8, 2018 1:30 AM

^^ that should have been “well over twice his age”

by Anonymousreply 496February 8, 2018 1:31 AM

R494 not really, because I’m the one who said above I wouldn’t know what to ask him since I don’t know what he’s interested in other than the well-worn topics. I guess I’d ask him what interests he has that would surprise people!

by Anonymousreply 497February 8, 2018 1:33 AM

R495 Every bit of what I just read made my stomach turn a bit.

Don't think they're friends per se. Sessums may happily say that, but Groff has always seemed to keep him at arms length. SMART.

by Anonymousreply 498February 8, 2018 2:10 AM

His first time!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499February 8, 2018 2:18 AM

R495 I found that interview creepy as well. I'm willing to bet Groff is/was too nice not to hang out with him back in the day. Hope he stays away, or is just kind to him as an acquaintance.

Wish Netflix would do an audio commentary for Mindhunter.

by Anonymousreply 500February 8, 2018 2:28 AM

R497 I wonder if he has time for hobbies/interest outside of what he is already active in. I'd ask him even though he's not on social media, if he ever lurks on other people's profiles.

by Anonymousreply 501February 8, 2018 2:30 AM

R501 Paul Wontorek in his lastest interview with Groff, suggested lurking on social media. Groff just shrugged it off.

My burning question is....where and how has he managed to hide his paramours for so long. Is there a secret passage to his apartment, does he pay his neighbors to keep secrets...lol We will never know..... So my question is to Groff is - What is your favorite pick up line?

by Anonymousreply 502February 8, 2018 12:36 PM

R502 That would be a very good question!

by Anonymousreply 503February 8, 2018 4:10 PM

Jonathan,how can I hook up with you?

by Anonymousreply 504February 8, 2018 4:36 PM

R502 Since he's lived at the same apartment for so long, I'm willing to bet his neighbors love him, and would never leak/gossip about him. That goes for gossip sites like Perez Hilton (Perez did a cameo in Glee, and from what I've read always says /writes good things about Groff) . My gut tells me he just has a good reputation, and no one wants to talk shit on him.

by Anonymousreply 505February 8, 2018 8:34 PM

Perez always says he wants to marry Jonathan (good luck with that lol) so I’m sure he wouldn’t ever say anything bad. Also I’m sure there is nothing bad to say.

by Anonymousreply 506February 8, 2018 9:01 PM

R505 Are we suggesting there is not a single disgruntled lover out there who may want to spill the beans! Love Groff, but he is only human. I am sure there is enough gossip out there.

by Anonymousreply 507February 8, 2018 11:16 PM

R507 Hm. Not sure about disgruntled, but maybe none who would actually contact a gossip site and become a source.

by Anonymousreply 508February 8, 2018 11:27 PM

Maybe he pleases his lovers so well they’re never disgruntled ;)

by Anonymousreply 509February 8, 2018 11:43 PM

R509 Now, that....I like ;-)

by Anonymousreply 510February 9, 2018 12:01 AM

R509 Wouldn't doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 511February 9, 2018 1:27 AM

New press??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512February 11, 2018 4:27 AM

R512 Interesting...Is it for MH (since that tag was included) or for something else? Can't think of anything he has coming up before MH starts in April. Or maybe I'm forgetting something.

by Anonymousreply 513February 11, 2018 4:59 AM

R513 The suit and tag suggest it is for Mindhunter, but that would be strange given where they are in season 2 (hasn't even started filming).

by Anonymousreply 514February 11, 2018 5:08 AM

Maybe they’re doing some test shots. Can’t think of what else it could be for. He looks great, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 515February 11, 2018 8:30 AM

Can't take my eyes off the photo, he is stunning.

R515 The hairstylist was not MH crew member, he is a celebrity hairstylist that does Jon's hair for some special events (and apparently MH fan). If it was a test shot for MH, the whole outfit (suite, hair) would be in late 70s early 80s style. I am not a fashion expert but somehow it does not look like to me. My guess is that this is for something else (and I do hope so).

by Anonymousreply 516February 11, 2018 8:55 AM

R516 Absolutely stunning.

Definitely not late 70's/80's costume. Maybe it's just for a magazine?

by Anonymousreply 517February 11, 2018 12:04 PM

A Blast from the Past interview. Like the interviewer he was honest and direct. The interview is about Looking, but Jonathan is quite insightful about his own personal life...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518February 11, 2018 3:47 PM

Why did you post the Russell Tovey interview?

by Anonymousreply 519February 11, 2018 7:53 PM

R519 It is an incorrect title. It is a Jonathan Groff interview.

by Anonymousreply 520February 11, 2018 8:22 PM

R519 His voice is so mellow in that interview. It puts me to sleep (in a relaxing way).

by Anonymousreply 521February 11, 2018 9:16 PM

Great photos of Groff teaching in NZ. I can see him playing a professor/teacher when he gets a bit older.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522February 13, 2018 8:35 PM

Apparently Groff won best actor for Mindhunter at the Satellite Awards. Strange there are no photos of this event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523February 13, 2018 10:38 PM

R523 he wasn’t there so it wouldn’t really matter if there were pics (I’m not sure it’s an “event” awards thing anyway) but good on him for winning

by Anonymousreply 524February 13, 2018 10:48 PM

R524 Oh really? Do you know for sure he wasn't there? Yeah wasn't sure if it was an event or not, but it said they were handed out Sunday night?

by Anonymousreply 525February 14, 2018 1:06 AM

R525 he’s still Down Unda. At least according to this tweet:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526February 14, 2018 1:22 AM

R526 Whoa how strange. He was just in NYC with that hair stylist this past weekend . Wonder if he actually went back?

by Anonymousreply 527February 14, 2018 1:36 AM

R526 are we sure that hairstylist pic was taken when it was posted? Could have been taken any time.

by Anonymousreply 528February 14, 2018 1:38 AM

R528 True.

by Anonymousreply 529February 14, 2018 4:14 AM

The photo with the hair stylist is an older one.

So he is traveling around Australia. Murray is probably with him since they seem to take all of his vacations together. Ptown, Fire Island, Mexico, and now Australia.

by Anonymousreply 530February 14, 2018 8:23 AM

Again, spotted in Melbourne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531February 14, 2018 8:26 AM

Murray is a troll.

by Anonymousreply 532February 14, 2018 8:35 AM

R531 Very interesting. I wonder if he stayed in NZ and went to Melbourne or flew back home first. Is this a vacation or for pleasure? Hoping someone gets a photo.

by Anonymousreply 533February 14, 2018 8:38 AM

R530 It would make sense if Murray went , as he's Australian and can show Groff around. Maybe Groff liked NZ so much, he asked Murray to join him.

by Anonymousreply 534February 14, 2018 9:41 AM

Isn't his mom with him?

by Anonymousreply 535February 14, 2018 9:57 AM

Someone should ask Rory on Twitter.....Was he alone? lol

Seems Australians are not crazy about Groff. No pictures of his sightings! If Groff walked past me, I would grab him.

by Anonymousreply 536February 14, 2018 9:57 AM

What I find hard to believe is that Jon missed the Thoroughly Modern Millie reunion show ....... for Murray ..... and Australia.

I did not believe there was anything on this Earth the would keep Jon away from a chance to see the show performed live again.

by Anonymousreply 537February 14, 2018 11:06 AM

R537 Wow that is hard to believe. I wonder if this is the last long break before he starts Mindhunter? That or maybe there is some work opportunity that is connected to the trip?

R536 Someone with twitter ask Rory!

by Anonymousreply 538February 14, 2018 12:04 PM

R537 Glad he is getting some, lol. He seems to be all over the theatre world, it time he prioritize his personal life.

by Anonymousreply 539February 14, 2018 12:18 PM

Someone named Rachel just reported 3 hrs ago that Jonathan Groff came to her workplace. she is in Melbour

by Anonymousreply 540February 14, 2018 12:26 PM

Link please

by Anonymousreply 541February 14, 2018 12:53 PM

Here it is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542February 14, 2018 12:58 PM

Another sighting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543February 14, 2018 1:02 PM

Going to see a Bobby Darin show eh...calling it: the rumored Bobby Darin Broadway musical is happening

by Anonymousreply 544February 14, 2018 1:31 PM

And nobody has spotted Murray with him, you guys always jump to conclusions on that one

by Anonymousreply 545February 14, 2018 1:33 PM

Not yet R545. Give it time.

Maybe they are staying with Murray's family while there?

by Anonymousreply 546February 14, 2018 1:58 PM

Murray is the one taking the pictures ;-)

by Anonymousreply 547February 14, 2018 3:56 PM

R547 it’s probably his mom taking them but I like your spirit

by Anonymousreply 548February 14, 2018 4:43 PM

R544 YOU are RIGHT. Completely missed that it was Bobby Darin. That's the only thing I can see Groff missing the Millie show for - something work related and very important. Wow, that show might actually be happening.

by Anonymousreply 549February 14, 2018 5:06 PM

Gotta say, I like everyone's good sleuthing work. This is probably as exciting as it's gonna get. Haha.

by Anonymousreply 550February 14, 2018 5:09 PM

Anyone else have problems with the letters sticking? Makes me not want to post.

by Anonymousreply 551February 14, 2018 9:14 PM

R551 No problem on my end.

by Anonymousreply 552February 14, 2018 9:41 PM

with luke

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553February 15, 2018 9:32 AM

R553 Such a cutie.

by Anonymousreply 554February 15, 2018 10:11 AM

This guy was tutored by Groff in NZ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555February 15, 2018 11:01 AM

Back in NY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556February 19, 2018 10:29 AM

Cute pic. It’s not warm enough to be wearing shorts yet though! He must run hot-blooded.

by Anonymousreply 557February 19, 2018 1:17 PM

R557 Have you seen the man's pit stains? He sweats when he breathes. Haha.

He looks burned - hope he takes care of skin.

by Anonymousreply 558February 19, 2018 6:19 PM

R556 He is obviously still in Australia. I guess he is in Sydney now.

by Anonymousreply 559February 19, 2018 10:14 PM

R559 What makes you believe he is still in Sydney?

by Anonymousreply 560February 19, 2018 10:22 PM

R560 Because it's summer in Australia.

by Anonymousreply 561February 19, 2018 10:22 PM

R560 Oh, so you're saying the guy on FB is in Australia? Makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 562February 19, 2018 10:25 PM

R561 I did some sleuthing -you're right.

by Anonymousreply 563February 19, 2018 10:27 PM

Few clicks on FB to locate where the poster was on 2/16 and to find another source: Jon was spotted near Bondi beach yesterday. I am curious where he will go to next after Melbourne and Sydney.

by Anonymousreply 564February 19, 2018 10:42 PM

R564 He has that mentoring event in the beginning of March. I wonder how long he'll be traveling.

by Anonymousreply 565February 19, 2018 10:44 PM

There's speculation that Lea Michele is engaged. Wonder if Groff will be her "mate" of honor.

by Anonymousreply 566February 20, 2018 12:00 AM

Russell Tovey got engaged. Wonder if he will invite the Looking cast. Russell does not seem to care to keep in touch inspite of being in NY.

by Anonymousreply 567February 20, 2018 12:36 AM

R567 Jonathan Groff is going to be the George Clooney of the gay world.

by Anonymousreply 568February 20, 2018 12:38 AM

R567 Or he doesn't care to take photos of them together and put them on Instagram.

R568 Haha I can see that happening. He'll probably get married in his 60's.

by Anonymousreply 569February 20, 2018 2:06 AM

R568 Hope love finds him much earlier than that. I agree with Broadway.com host, would like to see him with a family. Is Frank Dilella single?

by Anonymousreply 570February 20, 2018 2:20 AM

R568 Can't see him with Frank, can you?

by Anonymousreply 571February 20, 2018 2:29 AM

R569 But others do put up pictures....so if Russell did meet, someone might have. Raul, his girlfriend Alexis, Murray Bartlett, Frankie Alvarez.....all of them are in NY. He seems not on good terms with his Looking family. No one says anything nice bout him, they are polite that’s all.

by Anonymousreply 572February 20, 2018 2:39 AM

R572 Interesting...

by Anonymousreply 573February 20, 2018 2:45 AM

They seem to have chemistry, share a love of theater, and Groff always acts into him...so why not

by Anonymousreply 574February 20, 2018 2:47 AM

And, Frank could be a cool dude but he carries that air of pretentiousness that Quinto has.

by Anonymousreply 575February 20, 2018 2:56 AM

R574 Who doesn't have chemistry with Groff? He could talk to a wall and the wall would fall in love with him.

by Anonymousreply 576February 20, 2018 2:59 AM

R575 Hope Groff stays away from Quinto types. He deserves better.

by Anonymousreply 577February 20, 2018 3:00 AM

Russell doesn’t seem as close as the other Looking actors. They might or might not be invited.

by Anonymousreply 578February 20, 2018 12:12 PM

Actually I’d like to thank Russell for killing the dreams of Grovey shippers once and for all because some people were never going to let go of that

by Anonymousreply 579February 20, 2018 1:35 PM

R579 True. Glad those rumors can rest.

by Anonymousreply 580February 20, 2018 8:56 PM

R254 Brockman hasn’t been in that industry for 5+ years so it’s still an accurate statement.

by Anonymousreply 581February 20, 2018 10:17 PM

^^ yikes that was supposed to go in the Tovey thread sorry

by Anonymousreply 582February 20, 2018 10:25 PM

R568 I could see that. Certainly more likely than being with Frank.

The problem is that Jon flirts with all of the gay guys he has contact with. I haven't seen one time he hasn't been flirty with a cast member, interviewer, fan, etc.

by Anonymousreply 583February 21, 2018 12:52 AM

R583 He flirts with everyone. Women, straight/gay guys. He's just a charming mother fucker.

by Anonymousreply 584February 21, 2018 12:57 AM

Favorite Groff "look"?

When he had wavy/curly hair + suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585February 21, 2018 5:04 AM

R583 He's single and can flirt with whomever. What's wrong with that? He was respectful when coupled with Zach and hopefully with Gavin as well.

by Anonymousreply 586February 21, 2018 10:33 AM

You need to see this interview AGAIN.

KS: But are you hit on a lot? I’d think you would be. You’re hot, and you’re famous. You’d be a notch on somebody’s belt.

JG: I’m not hit on a lot. No. I’m not. I’m not really hit on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587February 21, 2018 11:18 AM

R587 that was him straight up fishing for more guys to hit on him, lol. There is no way he does not get hit on.

by Anonymousreply 588February 21, 2018 11:26 AM

R588 You know that was said with a huge grin. Wish it was recorded since I doubt he was able to say it with a straight face! Interviewer should've called bs

by Anonymousreply 589February 21, 2018 11:43 AM

R586 He flirted like crazy when he was with both of then. Every interview, every redcarpet. Your female heterosexual ideals of Jon's personality are really scary. Stop superimposing female expectations onto his behaviors and actions.

He's gay, not straight.

by Anonymousreply 590February 21, 2018 12:32 PM

R587 This interview happened after he complained in another interview about how he is hit on constantly. He had to walk it back because it made him sound petulant so it discussed a few times in different interviews.

Like one if the first interviews gave for Looking where the interviewer asked him if he personally was team Ritchie or Kevin, and he said he found the Ritchie character and Raul more to his liking. He had to spend the next few months bragging about Russel and Kevin with lots of staged images of then being close friends to make up for it.

by Anonymousreply 591February 21, 2018 12:39 PM

R591 they had to hype up the triangle for the show, that’s understandable. Anybody who ever read an interview with Jonathan would know he would prefer a Richie personality type. He put this plainly after the movie came out when he said the Kevin storyline was based on a real relationship scenario of his (obviously either Creel or Quinto or both).

by Anonymousreply 592February 21, 2018 12:46 PM

That's happened before. He had an interview with Paul Wontorek for Broadway people a few years ago where he complained that many guys put out too much of themselves and their private lives to be comfortable for him. He didn't like anyone who was too public about themselves, nor did he want to put himself out publiclly on social media. He liked to keep a little mystery and he liked a guy who played a little hard to get.

I saw the interview live before it had been edited. The full interview had been around 28 minutes, but the final cut excluded his comments and was down to around 24+ minutes.

by Anonymousreply 593February 21, 2018 12:48 PM

Only problem with that is if someone is playing hard to get with Groff, the most beautiful man alive, then they are either incredibly arrogant or incredibly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 594February 21, 2018 12:52 PM

Thanks R592, I knew that already and did not require your reinterpretation of what I said.

He got into trouble for blantantly speaking of that favoritism like he got into trouble for saying he wanted Raul to stay on the show as part of the reason he liked Ritchie more. He also said that all if the guys living in NY at the time had gotten close and he did not want any of them to leave. No support of Russell at all. I guarantee it got him into trouble and he had to spend time back tracking.

by Anonymousreply 595February 21, 2018 12:54 PM

Looking changed his life in so many ways.

For example he was formally introduced to the more hardcore, sexually agressive gay lifestyle he seemed to have avoided during his SA and Glee days. Sheltered by his monogamous relationships and his strict upbringing, he had stayed away probably worried he would be branded and/or that he would accidentally embarrass his family.

by Anonymousreply 596February 21, 2018 1:02 PM

R587 I'd say a lot has changed for Groff since that interview - esp. since Mindhunter. I don't know if he gets hit on more often, but I"m sure dating has changed for him a lot.

by Anonymousreply 597February 21, 2018 1:14 PM

R590 Still in. Mexico? And second, get off my dick because I just said he can flirt with who he chooses

by Anonymousreply 598February 21, 2018 1:32 PM

So,when wil Jonathan find a boyfriend?Another 5 years?

by Anonymousreply 599February 21, 2018 1:43 PM

R599 Groff is not ‘Looking’. So not any time soon. He is smart and I hope he make the most of his youth in terms of his career and personal life,

by Anonymousreply 600February 21, 2018 1:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!