Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Avengers 4 will be a ‘finale’ for the MCU, Marvel boss says

After Avengers 4 hits theaters in 2019, some of Marvel’s most beloved heroes may be putting away their spandex.

A new Vanity Fair cover story takes a deep dive into the past and present of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, from the first Iron Man to this year’s Thor: Ragnarok. Marvel has plenty of high-profile projects on the horizon — Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther, Brie Larson’s Captain Marvel, the superhero-stuffed Avengers: Infinity War — but one of the most intriguing films is the as-yet-untitled Avengers 4.

Now, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige is opening up about the film to Vanity Fair, teasing that Avengers 4 will “bring things you’ve never seen in superhero films: a finale.”

For many of the franchise’s most beloved actors — including Chris Evans as Captain America, Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, and Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye — Avengers 4 is the last film in their Marvel contract. As a result, there’s a good chance that this could be the last time we see their characters on screen — and not all of those character may make it out alive.

“There will be two distinct periods,” Feige added. “Everything before Avengers 4 and everything after. I know it will not be in ways people are expecting.”

Still, Avengers 4 is far from the end of the MCU. Marvel has films scheduled as far out as 2020, and Feige teased that the studio has films in the pipeline that are “completely different from anything that’s come before — intentionally.” Among those is a possible spin-off from James Gunn, focusing on characters from Guardians of the Galaxy.

Avengers: Infinity War will hit theaters May 4, 2018, and Avengers 4 is slated for May 3, 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 9, 2019 9:57 PM

Well duh, of course it will be an end to some of the characters. They have gotten too expensive and have fulfilled the movies under their contract.

by Anonymousreply 1November 27, 2017 7:11 PM

Betcha ten bucks that Tony Stark marries Pepper and dies a heroic death at the finale!

Downey's the highest paid actor in the cast after all, they won't even think about negotiating with him again.

by Anonymousreply 2November 27, 2017 11:04 PM

I’m hearing rumors that, among other retcons, the world-saving events of ENDGAME will entail a kind of time/space-reset to undo the death of Pietro Maximoff (among many others civilian and super) as well as the HYDRA training/powering undergone by he & his twin sister Wanda.

Interesting, if true. I imagine Hawkeye/Ronin (who is rumored to lose his wife Laura and young kids thanks to Thanos) will be ecstatic to know Piet is alive & well again, assuming he finds out at all. I hope they reconnect given they never did get to bang their sexual frustrations out or properly explore that sweet connection they made in AGE OF ULTRON. Heartwarming & homoromantic storyline potential, there. Plus audiences can only find it gratifying to watch sexy Aaron Taylor-Johnson resurrected in clingy sportswear a second time around

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 8, 2019 11:20 PM

Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans are done, this isn't really a secret.

by Anonymousreply 4February 8, 2019 11:37 PM

What is Renner going to do with his career and his life without this?

by Anonymousreply 5February 9, 2019 9:04 AM

Why do they have to kill some of these characters off? That is such a slap to the face of fans and a disservice to them. I would rather them not make this movie than have them kill off the characters. Just like it would’ve been better for Roseanne to never have come back only to kill her off.

by Anonymousreply 6February 9, 2019 9:31 AM

[quote]That is such a slap to the face of fans and a disservice to them.

[bold]MARY![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 7February 9, 2019 1:04 PM

Will Steve and Bucky get to kiss?

by Anonymousreply 8February 9, 2019 1:57 PM

Oh no, does this mean we have to come up with new ideas for movies? Ones that do r involve superheroes? Oh, fuck!

by Anonymousreply 9February 9, 2019 2:20 PM

R8 i'm sure there'll be plenty of manips on tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 10February 9, 2019 2:25 PM

R8 I’m more partial to Clint/Pietro, but any gay smooch to close out the series works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 9, 2019 7:14 PM

I want to see Captain America survive, kiss Bucky passionately, and ride off into the sunset with his one true love.

by Anonymousreply 12February 9, 2019 9:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!