Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Project Runway's Wendy Pepper Dead At Age 53

I liked her on the show and always thought Kara Saun was the biggest cunt on the planet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 31, 2018 7:49 AM

Bummer. I really liked Wendy. She was misunderstood.

Ironic that one of the most well-known contestants from the show should die, right when the show is about to die.

I don't think there will be a season 17, after this current shitfest of a no-talent season.

by Anonymousreply 1November 17, 2017 9:51 PM

[Quote] She was misunderstood.

Agree.

by Anonymousreply 2November 17, 2017 9:53 PM

Wasn't she the show's laughingstock who kept making awful stuff, and ended up in the final three by some sort of fluke?

by Anonymousreply 3November 17, 2017 9:53 PM

Loved Wendy. That dress she did for "Banana Republic" is still a PR classic. Her competitors hated her because she was over 40.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 17, 2017 9:55 PM

Pinchface Kills.

by Anonymousreply 5November 17, 2017 9:57 PM

r5 So does fat.

by Anonymousreply 6November 17, 2017 9:58 PM

Actually R3, I thought that Wendy's collection was the most elegant of the top three of herself, Jay, and Kara.

Wendy and Austin Scarlett became good friends during the All-Stars season.

In her interviews she seems pretty down to earth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 17, 2017 9:58 PM

Awful news.

The show's having quite a renaissance this season so it's not dead yet. Five threads on DL only confirm this.

by Anonymousreply 8November 17, 2017 9:58 PM

I'm going to guess some kind of lady cancer.

by Anonymousreply 9November 17, 2017 9:58 PM

I didn't really care for Wendy's designs. I expected more, especially on her return in All Stars. I liked her personality and agree she was misunderstood. Sounds like her death was expected since her family was with her.

[R1] I agree this season was a shiftiest. Having those no-talent twins was a bad move. I know they were there as a gimmick - twins who will cause a lot of drama, which they did. This season was a loss. I rather liked Brandon until the end. As much as I love flamingoes I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make them my whole collection. The colors were too muted and the clothes too sloppy. Don't know if I'll be around for next season. Not sure what they're looking for in contestants but it doesn't seem to be talent.

by Anonymousreply 10November 17, 2017 10:00 PM

That's two formers who have died in just a few months.

Mychael Knight and Wendy Pepper.

Really sad. :o(

by Anonymousreply 11November 17, 2017 10:01 PM

Wendy's season 1 finale collection at the link...

Second half of the video, after Santino's collection.

I thought Wendy did a great job. I loved the colors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 17, 2017 10:03 PM

I'm very sorry to hear this. She was a talented designer and had a young daughter at the time of her original season...my thoughts are with her and the rest of her family.

by Anonymousreply 13November 17, 2017 10:21 PM

I thought her final PR collection was beautiful, As someone said I think the other designers didn't want to understand an older persons perspective. Even Kevin who was older but acted like a teenager never gave her the credit due.

by Anonymousreply 14November 17, 2017 10:35 PM

I hated her and her tacky-ass designs. But that's way too young. And her daughter is still very young also--I feel for her.

I was also devastated hearing about Mychael's death--he was such a nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 15November 17, 2017 10:36 PM

[quote] Wendy and Austin Scarlett became good friends during the All-Stars season

Whoops, I meant Wendy and Suede, not Austin.

by Anonymousreply 16November 17, 2017 10:39 PM

Wendy was based in Virginia, not DC. Her project Runway finale dress was lovely, the rest "meh". Her level of mean girl was definitely matched by Kara Sun.

She was a unique individual, and appeared more so on her AllStars episodes.

Very sad too hear of her passing so soon. And the loss of Michael Knight even more so. He was an exceptionally nice person.

by Anonymousreply 17November 17, 2017 11:11 PM

Oops, Kara Saun...

by Anonymousreply 18November 17, 2017 11:14 PM

She lived in Middleburg, VA. (Along with Linda Tripp.)

by Anonymousreply 19November 17, 2017 11:31 PM

Oh my god this is terrible. I really wonder what happened? And her poor daughter. This is sad to me..

by Anonymousreply 20November 17, 2017 11:38 PM

So, who will be the third?

by Anonymousreply 21November 17, 2017 11:42 PM

R4 the other contestants and the viewers hated Wendy, because she was a total bitch. And she knew it. She decided that she would be the mean girl. Then after making enemies of everyone; she played the victim. Not to mention her heinous designs. I can still hear Micael Kors critiquing her postal uniform. Why would take something that’s already dowdy and make it even dowdier? Kara Saun was a fan favorite. She won 4 out of 9 challenges, and she never finished in the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 22November 17, 2017 11:47 PM

It's truly strange that 2 designers from the show passed away so close together. Wendy definitely didn't seem so bad compared to the villains who appeared on later seasons.

What was on her iPod?

by Anonymousreply 23November 17, 2017 11:49 PM

r15 '" hated her and her tacky-ass designs"

You're such a fool. Her designs were classic. You probably preferred the 'fairywood designs' of Austin Scarlett.

by Anonymousreply 24November 17, 2017 11:51 PM

Jay McCarroll ... now there's a name I haven't heard in a decade.

Whatever happened to him and fellow thinks-he's-hot-shit Daniel Vosovic?

by Anonymousreply 25November 18, 2017 12:09 AM

Really sad to hear. And I thought about her randomly the other day...creepy. (My flashback was in the context of the season 1 drama when someone drew a mustache on a photo of her kid.)

I remember she lost a lot of weight and split from her husband before the season 1 finale. She also gave Tim Gunn a tour of her grandmother's mansion, so I always assumed she came from old money.

by Anonymousreply 26November 18, 2017 12:16 AM

Yes r22, that's what the script said.

by Anonymousreply 27November 18, 2017 12:18 AM

Truly she was the people's harridan.

by Anonymousreply 28November 18, 2017 12:33 AM

R22, I really liked Kara Saun, but she was mad shady in the season finale. She flat out wouldn't acknowledge Wendy's presence -- granted, Wendy was acting like she was on 'Survivor' -- but it was still a bit much. When she did talk to her, she'd say passive aggressive things like, "How could you, Wendy? I was nice to you! I gave you a makeover!!"

Kara also pulled some weird shit during the last competition. She got free designer shoes (which was against show policy), while Jay and Wendy had to stretch their budgets by shopping at Payless. Kara ultimately got away with it because she gave something like $5 to the friend who hooked her up with the shoes.

I'd still rather have Kara (or Jay) dress me, but at least Wendy owned being a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 29November 18, 2017 12:36 AM

R22, Reality TV was in its infancy but Wendy Pepper already knew how to play the game. She stayed in the competition longer than other contestants who were more talented. But she never did anything that was underhanded and history will certainly be on her side on Season One. On the other hand, Kara Saun shows up with these shoes from Dollhouse, no receipt and then miraculously comes up with receipts charging these shoes Goodwill prices. That was far worse cheating than what happened with the twins this season.

by Anonymousreply 30November 18, 2017 12:37 AM

Her real name was Anne Eustis Pepper. I kinda like it.

Wonder why she chose "Wendy?"

by Anonymousreply 31November 18, 2017 1:40 AM

On her Ipod...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 18, 2017 2:23 AM

Didn't she descend from an old aristocratic family?

by Anonymousreply 33November 18, 2017 2:30 AM

^ like a testicle?

by Anonymousreply 34November 18, 2017 2:34 AM

I loved her. She was one of the original reality villains and was one of the reasons Season 1 was so compelling. Her villainy was pretty tame in comparison to what followed

by Anonymousreply 35November 18, 2017 6:51 AM

[quote] [R22], Reality TV was in its infancy but Wendy Pepper already knew how to play the game. She stayed in the competition longer than other contestants who were more talented. But she never did anything that was underhanded and history will certainly be on her side on Season One. On the other hand, Kara Saun shows up with these shoes from Dollhouse, no receipt and then miraculously comes up with receipts charging these shoes Goodwill prices. That was far worse cheating than what happened with the twins this season.

She chose to be a bitch to her fellow contestants. When that backfired and everyone hated her; she played victim. Which made her even more unlikable. She was a manipulative bitch. True she manipulated way into the finale, after finishing at the bottom of most of the challenges. Kara Saun was hands down the most talented of the bunch. Again she won almost half of the challenges. The shoe thing was kind of a non-incident. And since each finalist is still tied to a budget and they probably all look for discounts. No that wasn't far worse than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 36November 18, 2017 7:31 AM

R36 = Kara Saun. You didn't look for bargains, you had shoes made for you. They matched your collection, what a coincidence. When questioned, you didn't have a receipt for the shoes, which were commissioned at Dollhouse. All of a sudden, you call Dollhouse and they came up with a ridiculous total. Tim didn't believe it and suggested that the cost of the custom made shoes might have been equal to the entire budget. Remember how you even had a stooge helping you in the studio? You won the most challenges in the season. So did Brandon this season. Big deal. You had a great deal of goodwill until you pulled that.

by Anonymousreply 37November 18, 2017 2:45 PM

That’s a transwoman, right?

by Anonymousreply 38November 18, 2017 3:08 PM

I can't believe we have a Wendy Pepper fanatic here. Her clothes were shit, she should have been eliminated in the first episode with that monstrosity.

Her collection was not on the same playing field as Jay or Kara Saun. Come to reality

That said, RIP. I never thought she was a bad person.

by Anonymousreply 39November 18, 2017 3:21 PM

R39, Wendy Pepper ushered in the Reality Show villainess and for that, she should be a DL queen.

by Anonymousreply 40November 18, 2017 3:25 PM

Had the same thought, R38. Is the daughter adopted?

by Anonymousreply 41November 18, 2017 3:28 PM

What r40 said.

Some of you cunts are truly over the top with your Wendy hate.

Get a life! Sheeeeeeesh!!!!

by Anonymousreply 42November 18, 2017 6:44 PM

Amorosa is the Queen of reality's most hated contestant.

by Anonymousreply 43November 18, 2017 8:44 PM

I actually do think that R36 is Kara Saun.

by Anonymousreply 44November 19, 2017 12:26 AM

do we know what she died of?

by Anonymousreply 45March 31, 2018 12:45 AM

Isn't Kara a lesbian? And the show, for whatever reason, kept it quiet (never showed any scenes where she talked about it) ? I thought I read something about this after the season aired.

by Anonymousreply 46March 31, 2018 1:01 AM

How the hell is prostitute Jack Makenroth still alive when the others are dropping like flies?

by Anonymousreply 47March 31, 2018 1:09 AM

R47, yeah, interesting point. You just never know with life.

by Anonymousreply 48March 31, 2018 1:26 AM

Iirc, it was some kind of cancer.

by Anonymousreply 49March 31, 2018 7:10 AM

I wonder what she'd think about the Final Four being all Negro Fruits on All-Stars.

by Anonymousreply 50March 31, 2018 7:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!