Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Robin Quivers Ain't Doing Well

Oh, man. Here she is in the studio yesterday. I heard they alluded to her having health issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228February 24, 2018 5:50 AM

She should do the Master Cleanse again...either that or read, "The Secret".

by Anonymousreply 1November 17, 2017 7:39 AM

Is her cancer back?

The weight gain has been noticeable in the rare photo, but Howard shuts down discussion of Robin's weight gain on the show.

by Anonymousreply 2November 17, 2017 8:02 AM

Are you certain that picture was from yesterday?

by Anonymousreply 3November 17, 2017 11:40 AM

[quote]Is her cancer back?

I’m thinking so. She’s been in and out of the studio recently. She and Howard seem to have gotten closer--even more so than when she came back a few years ago. I think they know more than they’re letting on.

by Anonymousreply 4November 17, 2017 12:26 PM

Her cancer is clearly back in some form. If you remember the last time she didn't discuss this either and when she finally revealed it on the show, she said that the HSS is not the cancer hour. She didn't want to bring the show down talking about cancer and death and gloominess and just doing the show as the show had always been is what kept her sane during treatment and took her mind off of what was happening. That makes perfect sense to me. Cancer sucks.

by Anonymousreply 5November 17, 2017 12:40 PM

r1 fuck off

by Anonymousreply 6November 17, 2017 12:45 PM

I've got to hand it to you folks. I know all about Robin Quivers and I've never listened to that show.

True fans would get her some weed.

by Anonymousreply 7November 17, 2017 12:47 PM

[quote]Is her cancer back? The weight gain has been noticeable in the rare photo

I don't usually associate weight gain with cancer.

by Anonymousreply 8November 17, 2017 12:47 PM

That’s a shame. I haven’t listened since they went to satellite radio and the show changed but I always like her and Howard, despite everything. I hope she fights it off.

by Anonymousreply 9November 17, 2017 12:48 PM

“liked”

by Anonymousreply 10November 17, 2017 12:49 PM

R6 here. Fuck off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 17, 2017 12:52 PM

[quote]I don't usually associate weight gain with cancer.

I think it depends on what drugs they put you on and what her original post cancer therapy was. I'm thinking some kind of steroids. But I'm not a doctor, so a doctor will need to weigh in on that.

by Anonymousreply 12November 17, 2017 12:54 PM

R9, me too. I listened for many years and even tape recorded shows in high school so I wouldn't miss it. When they moved to satellite, I was left out. Years later I got a car with Sirius, but never got back into it. Sometimes Robin was a coon, but I like her and wish her the best.

by Anonymousreply 13November 17, 2017 12:54 PM

Not good. I used to listen to them all the time (and watch a late night show that they were on). She is the voice of reason with that crew. I always like the fact that Howard is so protective of her.

by Anonymousreply 14November 17, 2017 1:05 PM

Maybe she is back on that Hiawatha drug again.

by Anonymousreply 15November 17, 2017 1:08 PM

One of my favorite things about Robin is that she grew up in shit and made something of herself and then took her shit background and decided to live life and travel and experience new things and not be afraid and exploring and discovering. She got some good breaks and she made some choices, but she used all of that and her relationship with Stern to live a pretty fucking great life. I admire her.

by Anonymousreply 16November 17, 2017 1:11 PM

[quote] Are you certain that picture was from yesterday?

Yep, right from the official site and social media. There are more pix. It was a rare in-studio appearance. She does the show from home now.

by Anonymousreply 17November 17, 2017 1:37 PM

Somewhere, Linda Ronstadt is laughing her ass off.

(She will be laughing for a very long time.)

by Anonymousreply 18November 17, 2017 1:44 PM

She's dumber than a box of hair but the show will suffer without her. Howard will probably throw in the towel when she's gone

by Anonymousreply 19November 17, 2017 1:47 PM

Howard interviewed her on the show yesterday which was odd and not interesting. R is delusional in terms of her talent but you know thoughts and prayers

by Anonymousreply 20November 17, 2017 2:04 PM

God, i hate tbat woman. And to the idiots who admire her for making something of her life? Pub-lease. She hit the lottery when Stern took a liking to her. 8 million bucks a year can go a long way to erase bad childhood memories. She is a narcissistic elitist snob, lacking all redeeming features.

she went thru a rough patch with her "charities", which turned out to be shady at best, and fraud schemes at worst, and the phoning it in from home really covered up the fact that she was under house arrest. Some of the best HSS show occurred after HSS staffers were complaining about being hit up for money/contributions to her charity, by robin, in an effort to satisfy the IRS. HS told her to knock that shit off.

So yeah, wouldn't wish cancer on anyone by if someone had to get it.....

by Anonymousreply 21November 17, 2017 2:19 PM

What kind of cancer did Robin have, bladder?

Perhaps she needs to contact Keith Richards wife, Pattie Hansen, who had bladder cancer. Pattie said in an interview, she now has "a bionic bladder", 10+ years on, Pattie is still cancer free and she's doing extremely well.

by Anonymousreply 22November 17, 2017 2:39 PM

WTFr22. She's a n uninformed pain in the was but no criminal. You give her too much credit.

by Anonymousreply 23November 17, 2017 2:41 PM

WTF R23, I posted about Pattie Hansen, you must be referring to R21.

by Anonymousreply 24November 17, 2017 2:43 PM

House arrest??! IRS. Links!

by Anonymousreply 25November 17, 2017 2:55 PM

I honestly think this is the end. We’ll hear she passed away within a year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 17, 2017 2:58 PM

Fans now believe Howard’s weird absences were due to Robin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 17, 2017 3:05 PM

Huh, he took 1 day off in years. Let's not exagerate here.

by Anonymousreply 28November 17, 2017 3:23 PM

I was getting pissed Howard missed so much air time but it makes sense now. Rd neighbors haven't seen her power walking per usual.

by Anonymousreply 29November 17, 2017 3:23 PM

Oh no, poor Robin. It looks like she is on chemo again. Hence, the head-covering and the eyebrows are pencilled-in.

by Anonymousreply 30November 17, 2017 3:24 PM

[quote] True fans would get her some weed.

Medical marijuana is legal in NY.

by Anonymousreply 31November 17, 2017 3:27 PM

[quote] I was getting pissed Howard missed so much air time

You were getting pissed that Howard missed 4 hours ? You fucking douchebag liar

by Anonymousreply 32November 17, 2017 3:28 PM

[quote] and the phoning it in from home really covered up the fact that she was under house arrest.

Link please, Milo

by Anonymousreply 33November 17, 2017 3:34 PM

R32 suck my cock and do your research.

by Anonymousreply 34November 17, 2017 4:11 PM

Beth Chapman has the Big C. Far more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 35November 17, 2017 4:23 PM

The house arrest thing and IRS troubles were rumors bandied about during the time Robin did the show from home. The conspiracy freaks said she was actually under house arrest because her charities were accused of fraud and improprieties. Someone refuted the rumors by saying if all this was true, the press would be all over it/this kind of info would be readily available as public record and let the rumormongers prove their claims. So far, no one has shown any papers that indicate Robin had $$ problems.

by Anonymousreply 36November 17, 2017 4:26 PM

r32 lol you fucking piece of shit, you don't get to tell people to 'research' your stupid lies, jizzsack. And nobody's sucking that diseased dick of yours either little faggy mcfagget bitch.

by Anonymousreply 37November 17, 2017 9:57 PM

Which one of Howard's man bitches is r37?

by Anonymousreply 38November 17, 2017 10:06 PM

I was a long time listener until Sirius as well. I think Robin was diagnosed with stage 3 bladder cancer (metastasis to lymph nodes) so surgery was extensive (all her reproductive organs were removed). I admire her too and I hope she can beat this again. Of course she's a nut--I remember her putting one of her cats through a kidney transplant.

by Anonymousreply 39November 17, 2017 10:09 PM

Howard always taunts her that she likes anal sex, and she never protests.

Is it butt cancer?

by Anonymousreply 40November 17, 2017 10:22 PM

I love Stern, and I love Robin. I hope she's well and this is just a nasty rumor. I just renewed my Sirius subscription today, specifically for them. I can't stand Ronnie though, hate when he's on.

by Anonymousreply 41November 17, 2017 11:29 PM

r11 fuck you you fucking fuck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 17, 2017 11:47 PM

He missed 3 days in a row.

by Anonymousreply 43November 18, 2017 1:09 AM

Does anyone think the show could go on without Robin?

by Anonymousreply 44November 18, 2017 1:32 AM

I don't think Howard would continue without Robin. It might finally push him to retire, which he has been saying he was going to do for the past 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 45November 18, 2017 2:17 AM

Howard always said if Robin left he'd end the show.

This showed up today on CDAN (with big fat grain of salt, as always):

What A-list host and former reality judge was seen dining with someone who was not his wife the other night and getting rather intimate? To be more specific, it's the woman who many claim has made his show too PC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 18, 2017 2:21 AM

R46 -- is that supposed to be Howard and Marci Turk? Would not be surprised. It's very strange how she basically took over his show and cleaned house, Lisa G (among others) is gone. I haven't really listened to it since 2014 because it became too watered down even for me. I'm surprised Richard and Sal are still there.

Anyway, very sad about Robin Ophelia. I do hope she beats this.

by Anonymousreply 47November 18, 2017 2:52 AM

"is that supposed to be Howard and Marci Turk?"

Yes, exactly.

by Anonymousreply 48November 18, 2017 2:59 AM

I've been a fan of Robin's, for many, many years.

Unfortunately, she was always subjecting her body to the 'Diet of the Day': Atkins; The Master Cleanse, etc. I began to worry about her health when she'd shared she'd unexpectedly shit her pants on her return to her hotel after a quick jog in Hawaii.

by Anonymousreply 49November 18, 2017 3:01 AM

She and Stern are both cancers on the body of humanity.

by Anonymousreply 50November 18, 2017 3:04 AM

It's always weird when someone very rich gets taken down by a health issue. Money can't buy everything, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 51November 18, 2017 3:06 AM

God, please be okay.

by Anonymousreply 52November 18, 2017 3:21 AM

r21 needs to go sit on a chainsaw.

by Anonymousreply 53November 18, 2017 5:50 AM

I don't believe Howard will continue if anything happened to Robin. She's his voice of reason. There'd be no show, he wouldn't be complete.

by Anonymousreply 54November 18, 2017 11:46 AM

Oh dear. Is Howard headed for divorce #2?

by Anonymousreply 55November 18, 2017 11:56 AM

When Robin goes, the show is over. Period.

Marci Turk has been nothing but a liability for Howard.

by Anonymousreply 56November 18, 2017 12:32 PM

I take CDAN with a huge grain a salt. Anyway, I am a lapsed fan, so who exactly is Marci and who is Ben Barto? There were implications that they were in a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 57November 18, 2017 12:43 PM

Howard just said he’s done when his contract is up in 3 years. Robin is dying.

by Anonymousreply 58November 18, 2017 12:55 PM

Guess the gold digging wife will leave him if he ends the show. Can you imagine getting into the sack every night with Stern? Stern was probably stupid enough not to get a prenup.

by Anonymousreply 59November 18, 2017 12:58 PM

Poor Robin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60November 18, 2017 5:36 PM

I remember Robin's story about the first time she had anal. This was told when Howard was still on KRock.

Robin said this happened during her time living in San Francisco. She was hanging out with some people from her neighborhood on her stoop, some guy came around to talk to her and her neighbors, she didn't know him, but he certainly caught her eye, she invited him to her apartment, then they had anal. Just like that. Think the guy was white. Does Robin even date black men?

She told Howard they didn't even have penis/vaginal sex, they just went straight to anal. That's not normal for straight people, not when they just met! Robin is some kind of freak. A woman with a ton of issues. The way she explained the situation, she did not know the guy at all, just met him on the stoop that day, then proceeded to have anal. That's some weird shit.

by Anonymousreply 61November 18, 2017 8:00 PM

[quote] He missed 3 days in a row.

No he didn't. He took a personal day on May 10th, which he made up for this thursday.

No matter how many times you're gonna lie about it, it won't magically make it true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 18, 2017 8:23 PM

I feel sorry for Robin's dad. :(

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 18, 2017 8:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 18, 2017 8:26 PM

Anyone remember this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65November 18, 2017 8:30 PM

I am so depressed by this.

by Anonymousreply 66November 19, 2017 12:40 AM

Robin is a fighter.

by Anonymousreply 67November 19, 2017 12:18 PM

[quote][R1] fuck off

Did I hit a nerve, R6? Miss Robin Quivers, equestrian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 19, 2017 5:13 PM

Money well spent... right Robin?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 19, 2017 5:18 PM

r69

Who dat?

by Anonymousreply 70November 19, 2017 6:53 PM

I remember, years ago, Dr. Drew administered Narcissistic Personality Test questionnaires to all the Stern staff and Robin scored among the HIGHEST for NPD. That surprised me.

by Anonymousreply 71November 20, 2017 2:15 AM

Her interview last Thursday. She came into the studio and they don't usually do a Thursday show. She's about to drop dead. This is her swansong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72November 20, 2017 3:47 AM

Aw, man I LOVED Robin's interview and her covers of "Diamonds" and "Firework."

[quote]This is her swansong.

God, I hope not but this was in the back of my mind the entire time.

by Anonymousreply 73November 20, 2017 9:47 AM

[quote]I remember, years ago, Dr. Drew administered Narcissistic Personality Test questionnaires to all the Stern staff and Robin scored among the HIGHEST for NPD. That surprised me.

Really? Have you been a fan for a long time? Since Howard and Robin were on NBC radio?

Robin is definitely a total narcissist, she also appears to distain her own people. I recall, at one point, she only dated white men. I was never a fan of hers. Not crazy about Howard either, but his show was always on where I worked. I worked in a very loose atmosphere, in an art department, where people were even allowed to have boomboxes and even small TVs in their offices and cubicles. The entire department ended up listening to Stern.

by Anonymousreply 74November 20, 2017 4:29 PM

I always thought she had a huge ego.

by Anonymousreply 75November 20, 2017 4:34 PM

The Thursday show was a "makeup" for the day Howard missed when he had the cold.

It is not her swan song....Please god....I can't take it.

by Anonymousreply 76November 20, 2017 4:40 PM

I think the guy at R69 is Robin's boytoy Brendan. He wormed his way in around the time Robin got into all of those charities. He was some kind of artist and the rumor is that he basically attached himself to her not for love but to use her connections to get into the right doors/sell his art.

Rumor also says that the final straw was when they were at a party and Robin caught him dirty dancing with a young blond, with his hands all over her ass. Robin went radio silent on all things charitable after that, until a caller blindsided her with a question about it - her answer was something like "I've been betrayed by friend and I will never talk about it again".

by Anonymousreply 77November 20, 2017 4:52 PM

[quote]she also appears to distain her own people

Oh dear, y'all.

by Anonymousreply 78November 20, 2017 4:59 PM

i don't believe that anal story for a second. no straight white dude will go back to an apt just to have anal. they would want some cock sucking and intercourse.

by Anonymousreply 79November 20, 2017 5:02 PM

I heard the show with the exclusive Robin interview - I didn't see it as some kind of RQ tribute cause she's dying. In the past they've made fun of Robin's singing and this special spotlight was to present that Robin had made a real album, but after a few minutes it was obvious that this was a spoof. Those songs were pitiful and her voice is not ready for the public.

As for the headscarf... Robin had been wearing wigs for the last 1-2 years; maybe Robin just had a bad hair day and opted for that headwrap instead of fake hair. I throw scarves on a lot when my short hair is a wreck.

by Anonymousreply 80November 20, 2017 5:02 PM

[quote]i don't believe that anal story for a second. no straight white dude will go back to an apt just to have anal. they would want some cock sucking and intercourse

Not true on the cocksucking -- that's more of a gay thing, because of the fondness for cock on the part of both sex partners. Straights enjoy it but it's not a requirement because they are more in control of their own pleasure during intercourse (or anal) and the female is probably not crazing to suck dick -- she'll do it but she doesn't dig it.

If you want anal, you want anal. I think any straight guy who's into that would be perfectly happy to go straight to A. I doubt the story as well, but for other reasons.

by Anonymousreply 81November 20, 2017 5:18 PM

More rumors: That RQ put Brendan in charge of a lot of her charities and he didn't keep on top of all of the legal and financial requirements. Whispers say he bungled things that got the charities into trouble re the IRS/funnels funds into his own pockets. These are the reasons that RQ disbanded that Girls Night Out thing, and cut ties with 15 Foundation, that girls school in Eritrea.

Re Robin's anal story: I remember the story differently. RQ says that guy was sexy and handsome so she was attracted to him. She also says when they got upstairs, she found out that he was big and that he was a dynamo. Things started off with "normal" sex and things got so hot and crazy and before she knew it, they were doing anal. RQ says she was in such a frenzy that she let him go for it and it was GOOD.

by Anonymousreply 82November 20, 2017 5:23 PM

Definitely Robin's album....is a bit...EVERYBODY knows she can't sing.

by Anonymousreply 83November 20, 2017 6:06 PM

[quote]Oh dear, y'all.

Oh dear what? That Robin is fucking colorstruck and the fact that she exclusively fucked white men for many years?

The Stern and Quivers Stans here at DL are just plain nauseating. Why don't you super stans go blog somewhere else about your faves! You sound like bunch of drooling groupies. I cannot believe all of you are gay men. I don't know many gay men who are so knowledgeable about Howard and Robin.

by Anonymousreply 84November 20, 2017 6:23 PM

Just listened to Thursday's show and Robin sounds the same as she always has. At one point Howard even made reference to her having beaten cancer. Why would he say that if they secretly knew it was back?

by Anonymousreply 85November 20, 2017 6:58 PM

After Howard sold out and began inviting Chevy Chase to his Southampton NY home for barbecues, Robin had tried to remain true to the show....

She looks like she is packed in prednisone, thus the heavy weight gain..I wish her only the best

by Anonymousreply 86November 20, 2017 7:08 PM

[quote]Oh dear what? That Robin is fucking colorstruck and the fact that she exclusively fucked white men for many years?

Oh dear SQUARED.

Should we explain to simpleton R84 what R78 meant?

by Anonymousreply 87November 20, 2017 7:18 PM

Yeah R87, you are all such a fucking bunch of Rhodes Scholars posting in this thread! What a joke.

You all seem to jerking off over Howard and Robin. How pathetic that you seem to know the minute details of their lives, who gives a shit. If only these celebs cared about their fans in the same way you are so damn invested in their lives.

Robin is colorstruck, get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 88November 20, 2017 7:29 PM

No, we're not Rhodes Scholars. It just seems that way down where you are.

by Anonymousreply 89November 20, 2017 7:55 PM

I'm listening to R72 and laughing my ass off first at the porn addict clips and then at the "Who said it: Pat Robertson or Charles Manson" bit. A rare glimpse of Howard in the crew back in old form. I think having Robin back invigorated him.

by Anonymousreply 90November 20, 2017 8:02 PM

Just to say that Mr. X. was black and Robin was with him for many years.

by Anonymousreply 91November 20, 2017 8:32 PM

RIP Robin

by Anonymousreply 92November 20, 2017 8:34 PM

"You can only eat so many pork chops, bitch".

by Anonymousreply 93November 20, 2017 8:46 PM

[quote]No, we're not Rhodes Scholars. It just seems that way down where you are.

And where would that be, you annoying know-it-all flyover queen? I live in Noho, on Bond Street in a loft. Where do you live, an over priced shoebox apartment you are paying $3000 a month for in some shithole area of Queens?

Suck it. The truth hurts about your precious Robin, huh?

by Anonymousreply 94November 20, 2017 9:16 PM

[quote] And where would that be, you annoying know-it-all flyover queen? I live in Noho, on Bond Street in a loft. Where do you live, an over priced shoebox apartment you are paying $3000 a month for in some shithole area of Queens?

You dumb fuck. What they're trying to tell you is you wrote "distain" instead of "disdain," but you won't stop running your mouth for five seconds to figure it out.

by Anonymousreply 95November 20, 2017 9:25 PM

R95, WTF is wrong with you? Got a stick up your prolapsed anus?

Listen you nasty POS, I am NOT the only person who has trouble with typos at DL. TONS of posters at DL are constantly having to re-post their entire posts OR explain, the AUTO-CORRECT is coming up with incorrect words or the wrong spelling.

by Anonymousreply 96November 20, 2017 9:37 PM

I always took it that they messed up in their scheduling and the Thursday show was added to account for that instead of messing up pre-planned vacations. I'm sure Robin is fine. Just a shitty picture.

by Anonymousreply 97November 20, 2017 11:03 PM

I hope so R97.

by Anonymousreply 98November 21, 2017 12:24 AM

I don't think people dying of cancer have the energy to sing at the top of their lungs.

by Anonymousreply 99November 21, 2017 2:36 AM

For R95: Easily Confused Words: Distain vs. Disdain Distain and disdain are easily confused words.

The spell-check application of most word processing software programs would not catch a slip-up of these two words. Spell-check is looking for words that aren’t in its dictionary, and words that resemble words in its dictionary but are possibly spelled wrong. Spell-check isn’t perfect. It doesn’t know and can’t guess what word you wanted or what word you meant, it can only judge the words on the page. If you used words that are all spelled correctly, it gives you a pass anyway.

Autocorrect suggests words that start with the same letters. It’s suggesting what word you may want to save time, but quite often, its suggestions are pretty off base. They don’t help you out, but they do make you laugh.

Distain (pronounced “dihs-tane”) is a verb. It means to soil one’s clothes, furniture, or another surface. [Yes, this is one of those odd times in English where “stain” and “distain” mean basically the same thing.]. Figuratively, distain could be used to indicate damaging something more abstract, like a reputation or a public persona.

Disdain (pronounced “dihs-dane”) has multiple meanings. As a verb, it means showing contempt or extreme dislike of others, or behaving in snobbish, unresponsive way, as if another person isn’t worthy of engaging with or responding to in any fashion. As a noun, it means an attitude of extreme dislike, contempt that’s reflected in a person’s speech or behavior towards something else. In this year’s election cycle (2016), we’ve seen a whole lot of disdain on display from presidential candidates, surrogates, and political action committees (PACs).

You're welcome!

by Anonymousreply 100November 21, 2017 2:44 AM

I'm sad. I'll miss her.

by Anonymousreply 101November 21, 2017 2:47 AM

Let’s change the subject.

AND IIIIIIII, EEEEEEEE IIIIIIIIIIIII WILL ALWAYS LOOOOOOVE YOUUUUUUUU, YOUUUUUUUUU.. OOOOOUUUUUUUU. WILL ALWAYS LOOOOVE YOU!!!

by Anonymousreply 102November 21, 2017 4:04 AM

I need a cock!

by Anonymousreply 103November 21, 2017 4:15 AM

HOWARD, ROBIN IS GOING BEAT CANCER ONCE AND FOR ALL AND SHES GOING TO SURIVIVE BECAUSE SHE’S A SURVIVOR, HOWARD (Oscar music plays)...

by Anonymousreply 104November 21, 2017 4:43 AM

When they first moved to satellite they played a game where each member of the show admitted to something they'd never discussed on the air. Robin admitted that she would (as a teenager) go into the crisper and pick out vegetables, like cucumbers, and take them to her bedroom to masturbate. She used so many that her parents began wondering where all the vegetables were going.

by Anonymousreply 105November 21, 2017 4:46 AM

Didn’t she masturbate with meat too? Did she run like a flank on her vagine? What did she do?

by Anonymousreply 106November 21, 2017 4:58 AM

*rub

by Anonymousreply 107November 21, 2017 4:59 AM

Haven't listened in years. Who is Marci, the rumored mistress?

by Anonymousreply 108November 21, 2017 10:11 AM

[quote]The Stern and Quivers Stans here at DL are just plain nauseating. Why don't you super stans go blog somewhere else about your faves! You sound like bunch of drooling groupies. I cannot believe all of you are gay men. I don't know many gay men who are so knowledgeable about Howard and Robin.

Hilarious. That’s because the gay men you know only watch fix it shows and Bravo. Why don’t you go watch those “Mama’s Family” DVDs you got off eBay 10 years ago? You silly old shart.

by Anonymousreply 109November 21, 2017 12:38 PM

[quote]Robin admitted that she would (as a teenager) go into the crisper and pick out vegetables, like cucumbers, and take them to her bedroom to masturbate. She used so many that her parents began wondering where all the vegetables were going.

Well, at least she wasn't returning them to the crisper drawer!

by Anonymousreply 110November 21, 2017 1:32 PM

Didn’t Howard say the majority of his male staff are openly gay? The ones you don’t hear on the radio. His writing staff.

by Anonymousreply 111November 21, 2017 3:02 PM

He said it during Cocktober last month.

by Anonymousreply 112November 21, 2017 3:02 PM

[quote]Hilarious. That’s because the gay men you know only watch fix it shows and Bravo. Why don’t you go watch those “Mama’s Family” DVDs you got off eBay 10 years ago? You silly old shart.

Your attempts at snark and 'pointless bitchery' are incredibly tiresome and not funny in the least. The nastiness in this thread is only matched by Stern and Robin themselves.

I noticed, in these stanning Howard and Robin threads, when people come in to comment about how awful these two are, they get shot down, called 'old' or some such bullshit. I don't know many gay men who are obsessed with Howard and Robin, especially my friends who are in their 30s, they have better things to do with their lives than obsesses over two 60+ year old overpaid radio 'personalities'.

The so-called fans here sound like a bunch of paid shills, which they likely are. Since Trump became president, the troll prescience on DL has become ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 113November 21, 2017 4:48 PM

Oh my r113. You’ve put a lot of thought into this by the length of that post.

by Anonymousreply 114November 21, 2017 6:12 PM

R113 is nuts

by Anonymousreply 115November 21, 2017 6:14 PM

Robin has dated both black men and white men. I’m not sure what the hang up is. And she doesn’t hate her own people. A lot of black people have been hard on Robin because of her association with Stern. Robin has been Stern’s loudest defender for many years, before this cleaned up family friendly version. I don’t think Howard trusts anyone more than Robin, Fred, and Gary. Even thought he and Fred have been together the longest, he and Robin have some kind of connection that transcends everything else.

by Anonymousreply 116November 21, 2017 6:18 PM

[Bold] " FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE SHIT IN MY MOUTH !!! "

by Anonymousreply 117November 21, 2017 6:20 PM

R113 is mental. I mean just block the thread.

by Anonymousreply 118November 21, 2017 6:21 PM

Haha!

Bitch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119November 21, 2017 6:21 PM

We all have a lot of "distain" for R113.

by Anonymousreply 120November 21, 2017 6:34 PM

I haven't listened to the Stern show in years, Howard & the rest of his crew (including Robin) used to be quite anti-gay, they toned it down a bit in the 2000's. Artie Lange is a vicious homophobe, I've always suspected that he's a closet case. Lange is middle-aged, never been married or had children & he's completely dominated by his mother. He seems to be eaten up with self-loathing ( drug addiction, suicide attempts).

by Anonymousreply 121November 21, 2017 9:58 PM

Stern was advocating for gay marriage in the mid-90s. Listen to some of his old shows.

by Anonymousreply 122November 21, 2017 10:29 PM

Stern is equal opportunity and makes fun of everyone, ever group, fairly. That's part of his schtick. Stern and Joan Rivers are alike in that way. Whoever says he's anti-gay knows nothing about him or his show. He's quite pro-gay in fact. And he's hysterically funny. People need to find their sense of humor again.

by Anonymousreply 123November 21, 2017 10:37 PM

This made me laugh so hard. Lenny Dykstra calls Kathy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124November 22, 2017 11:44 PM

I liked back in the day (late 90s) when they would start the news EVERY SINGLE TIME with Robin's Theme, that sappy, harp-and horn-filled tune that supposedly came from some TV promo coverage of her book, the pretentiously titled Quivers: a Life.

I also remember sometime in the late 90s when she went to India on a soul-seeking mission and only got as far as the Calcutta airport before she turned around and went back to NYC. Apparently the stench was too much for her.

She had the perfect soothing voice for radio.

by Anonymousreply 125November 23, 2017 12:10 AM

You don’t like this one R125?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126November 23, 2017 12:12 AM

[quote]Didn’t she masturbate with meat too? Did she run like a flank on her vagine? What did she do?

Yeah, hot dogs.

by Anonymousreply 127November 23, 2017 8:55 AM

[quote]Stern is equal opportunity and makes fun of everyone, ever group, fairly. That's part of his schtick. Stern and Joan Rivers are alike in that way. Whoever says he's anti-gay knows nothing about him or his show. He's quite pro-gay in fact. And he's hysterically funny. People need to find their sense of humor again.

Howard and Robin weren't always pro-gay. Let's not re-write history. And Joan could dish it out but couldn't take it when it came to her daughter. Robin exposed her for that one, and Howard trashed her for it.

by Anonymousreply 128November 23, 2017 8:57 AM

The Blue Iris interviews were amazing. She was the granny porn star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129November 23, 2017 9:00 AM

She dead yet? I need a job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130November 23, 2017 9:13 AM

[quote]Your attempts at snark and 'pointless bitchery' are incredibly tiresome and not funny in the least.

PLEASE, you wouldn’t know funny if it wheeled you around the garden every morning after breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 131November 23, 2017 11:52 AM

I never listen to the HS show, so I had no idea what Robin was like (although I knew who she was). Then I watched a YouTube video with Howard interviewing Ringo Starr, and I must say, I was itching to slap the SHIT out of her the entire time. She would not keep her mouth shut, she kept interrupting both Howard and Ringo, and she talked in a loud, abrasive voice. She had nothing of value to add to the conversation. I kept thinking, "THIS is the great Robin Quivers? Yuck."

by Anonymousreply 132November 23, 2017 12:32 PM

Robin is one of the luckiest women on the fucking planet, career wise, that is. She has no discernible talent, just a very nice speaking voice, that's it.

Over the years, she's basically added very little to Stern's show, just a laughing like a hyena to Stern and company's jokes , she's added virtually nothing to Stern's show. There could be any woman sitting across from him, what is her gimmick, that she's black and doesn't sound black?

Many years ago, a black co-worker was a guest on Stern's show, when she came into work that day, she told us she was "shocked that Robin is black, she doesn't sound black", I don't even remember the circumstances surrounding my co-worker being on Stern. Apparently, before going on the show, she knew little about Howard and Robin, she wasn't a regular listener.

by Anonymousreply 133November 23, 2017 2:34 PM

Everything I know about Robin Quivers I learned from Gilbert Gottfried.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134November 23, 2017 4:30 PM

She dead

by Anonymousreply 135November 23, 2017 7:15 PM

Congratulations, R135! You're officially a THREAD KILLER.

by Anonymousreply 136November 24, 2017 5:52 AM

Dead

by Anonymousreply 137November 24, 2017 6:39 AM

R81, Don't pretend to know anything about heterosexuals and fellatio.

by Anonymousreply 138November 24, 2017 7:19 AM

I cancelled my Sirius subscription last week and when asked why, cited the deterioration of the Stern show. The customer service agent then offered me 50% off to renew.

by Anonymousreply 139November 24, 2017 8:10 AM

What a nasty and racist fag you are, r133.

What does black sound like? You don't have a black ci-worker. You're a fucking liar.

Hope you're gay bashed to death ASAP. If I ever come across you - you will be extremely sorry.

Pathetic fucking fag.

by Anonymousreply 140November 24, 2017 9:16 AM

Oh, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 141November 24, 2017 9:22 AM

[quote]What a nasty and racist fag you are, [R133]. What does black sound like? You don't have a black ci-worker. You're a fucking liar. Hope you're gay bashed to death ASAP. If I ever come across you - you will be extremely sorry. Pathetic fucking fag.

Who unleashed this ogre? You have been making your mark, r140, on several threads. Why so angry?

by Anonymousreply 142November 24, 2017 10:38 AM

[quote]I cancelled my Sirius subscription last week and when asked why, cited the deterioration of the Stern show. The customer service agent then offered me 50% off to renew.

Sure.

by Anonymousreply 143November 24, 2017 12:51 PM

I blocked that poster. Troll.

by Anonymousreply 144November 24, 2017 12:52 PM

[quote]What a nasty and racist fag you are, [R133]. What does black sound like? You don't have a black ci-worker. You're a fucking liar. Hope you're gay bashed to death ASAP. If I ever come across you - you will be extremely sorry. Pathetic fucking fag.

A gay man calling another a "fag", YOU should be taken off DL!

In case you have reading comprehension problems, which it's quite clear you DO, my black work colleague said that, NOT ME, you fucking vicious mentally ill moron.

You post violence towards me, accusing me of racism?! WTF? You have no idea if I'm black. Yes, I've known this woman since 1990, her son is now a local NYC broadcaster, I will not reveal who he is. She did not think Robin "sounded black", HER words NOT MINE.

My work colleague was black , she was a guest on the KRock Stern show and came back shocked that Robin was black. She had no idea about Robin or Howard because she wasn't a full time listener. The Stern show was on at work, another work colleague taped the show from 6AM on, then we listened to it again during the day. The work friend somehow ended up on the show.

What bunch a nasty salivating groupie fools and over-the-top stans in this thread. Sad and pathetic grovelers, the lot of you! Someone repeats another person's statement, then you attack that person?

What's the median age in this thread, 15?

by Anonymousreply 145November 24, 2017 2:17 PM

You're a lying fucking fag, r145. I'm a bi-woman not a man so fuck off.

R142, why am I so angry? I'm sick if the racist fags on this site. I sick of the Trump supporting fags on this site.

Why is it this site is so overrun with such vile fags when no other gay site on the web is?

This uses to be a fun site until the toxic right wing fags took over.

If they ever cross my fucking path they will be shot dead in the street.

by Anonymousreply 146November 24, 2017 2:31 PM

Amen, r146. Amen. It's time for these racist fags to die. They add ZERO value to our community.

Time to exterminate them.

by Anonymousreply 147November 24, 2017 2:34 PM

[quote]racist fags

And, you’re blocked. You homophobic piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 148November 24, 2017 2:35 PM

You Nazi piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 149November 24, 2017 2:36 PM

Ooohhh, I'm blocked by a racist fag. Poor me.

If I'm a Nazi for wanting to exterminate racist fags then so be it.

You fucking trash have it coming to you.

by Anonymousreply 150November 24, 2017 2:42 PM

Is DL always this nuts?

by Anonymousreply 151November 24, 2017 2:48 PM

There are people from 4chan, Lip Stick Alley abd Stormfront that come here and project hate and bigotry for gays. But, I can’t tell if Datalounge is part of that Stormfront genre of encouraging violence against gays and transgender. People have gloated about using this site as a way to get violent against gays and trans people. It’s changed a lot over the years. I’m just waiting for it to ultimately get shut down.

by Anonymousreply 152November 24, 2017 2:52 PM

[quote]You're a lying fucking fag, [R145]. I'm a bi-woman not a man so fuck off. [R142], why am I so angry? I'm sick if the racist fags on this site. I sick of the Trump supporting fags on this site. Why is it this site is so overrun with such vile fags when no other gay site on the web is? This uses to be a fun site until the toxic right wing fags took over. If they ever cross my fucking path they will be shot dead in the street.

You are completely unhinged.I almost feel sorry for you. It's posters like you who will get great sites like DL shut down. I've been posting here since 1999! I gather you weren't even born back then, because you are coming across like a bitter angry troublemaking teen troll.

I certainly didn't vote for Trump. My handful of posts about Robin tell you I voted for Trump? As a person who grew up on the East Coast, for years I knew all about Trump, there was no way I would have voted for him. I'm a Liberal-Democrat, so fuck you, troll. Voted for Obama twice, honestly, you need help!

I don't even believe you are a bi-woman. I think YOU are the troll in this thread, stirring up controversy where there has been NONE at all. A black woman assumed Robin wasn't black and that statement gets YOU are riled up?! Give it a fucking rest, you damn mental case! YOU are the one who is likely visiting DL from 4Chan or Stormfront!

Get some rest, don't drink anymore alcohol and make sure to take your meds!

by Anonymousreply 153November 24, 2017 3:27 PM

Robin voted Trump.

by Anonymousreply 154November 24, 2017 3:35 PM

Did Robin talk about voting for Trump on Howard's show? I'm pretty sure he said all along he was for Hillary. That's what I heard anyway. I don't pay for his premium Sirius show though I used to like him and watch him on tv.

by Anonymousreply 155November 24, 2017 4:00 PM

Robin did NOT vote for trump. Ridiculous statement.

by Anonymousreply 156November 24, 2017 4:12 PM

Robin voted for Clinton. The only not one to vote for Trump there I believe we’re Sal and Scott the Engineer (I think).

by Anonymousreply 157November 24, 2017 4:15 PM

*The only ones who voted for Trump...

by Anonymousreply 158November 24, 2017 4:16 PM

Robin voted Trump. Listen to the old shows. She's a conservative ex Air Force nurse who's pro big military.

by Anonymousreply 159November 24, 2017 5:28 PM

She voted Clinton. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 160November 24, 2017 5:29 PM

Scott the engineer ? That would be sad. Are you sure it's not Sal and Ronnie who voted Trump?

by Anonymousreply 161November 24, 2017 5:31 PM

Either one R161.

by Anonymousreply 162November 24, 2017 5:32 PM

R153, this is a quote from you - not your fictitious black co-worker: "Over the years, she's basically added very little to Stern's show, just a laughing like a hyena to Stern and company's jokes , she's added virtually nothing to Stern's show. There could be any woman sitting across from him, what is her gimmick, that she's black and doesn't sound black?"

Sorry, troll, only a racist would write this - especially the last sentence.

I'm no fan of Quivers but what does "black" sound like? Why don't you enlighten us.

by Anonymousreply 163November 24, 2017 5:52 PM

Excellent point, r163. Exactly why I called this asshole out.

Amazing how many racists flock to this site.

by Anonymousreply 164November 24, 2017 7:18 PM

Can’t we get back to talking about the late Robin Quivers?

by Anonymousreply 165November 24, 2017 7:39 PM

After nursing school, Quivers worked at the world-renowned Shock Trauma Unit at the University of Maryland Medical Center. That's pretty impressive.

I listened to the show for decades. Howard has said numerous times he would never do the show without Robin.

Whether you like her or not, she has had an interesting and well-lived life.

by Anonymousreply 166November 24, 2017 7:46 PM

We’ll never forget her

by Anonymousreply 167November 25, 2017 3:42 AM

THE CONSERVATIVE BUTTHURT IS REAL on this thread!

Robin is a brilliant, hilarious voice of reason, which means she has to point out the CONSTANT LIES TOLD BY REPUBLICANS AND THEIR PARTY OFFICIALS. She criticizes liberals, too. And that doesn't make her a traitor to her race.

The only reason people are attacking her on this thread is because she EMBARRASSES REPUBLICANS, which is inconvenient for their warped political agenda.

FUCK OFF, CONSERVATIVE SCUM. Donald Trump is a big, fat phony who took bribes from a corrupt, Russian dictator. HE'S GOING TO JAIL.

by Anonymousreply 168November 25, 2017 6:39 AM

r140 is not a gay man, give me a break.

DL is inundated with straight gay-bashers because they can hide anonymously.

F/F please ...

by Anonymousreply 169November 25, 2017 6:53 AM

r159 is clearly lying -- conservative F.U.D. activist, probably. Wants Robin's fans to vote Republican to make up for all the Republican bashing.

Almost everybody at Stern voted for Clinton -- but Ronnie the Limo Driver was one who voted for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 170November 25, 2017 6:57 AM

Quivers: A Death

by Anonymousreply 171November 25, 2017 7:23 AM

R169, can't answer tbe question of "What does black SOUND like?" Because to even attempt it is to admit your own racism.

And, r169, you diseased racist fag I clearly state I'm a woman so bzzzt, fag, you're wrong again.

Come at me fag and you'll get put down like the worthless fag you are.

by Anonymousreply 172November 25, 2017 11:52 AM

Wow. Just read all of these comments. Makes Thanksgiving dinners all across America, with families at each other's throats, look tame by comparison.

I need a bloody mary.

by Anonymousreply 173November 25, 2017 12:03 PM

Have a drink in memory of Robin Q

by Anonymousreply 174November 25, 2017 9:44 PM

Wow, R172, the so-called "bi woman", is quite unhinged. Blame Ronald Regan for giving all these mental cases their freedom from mental hospital confinement!

I don't know of any gay man, gay woman or bisexual who would call a gay man a "diseased racist fag".

Why are Howard Stern fans always so bitter, vicious and angry? What's even more sad and downright pathetic, these fans such as R172 are spending their precious time defending two multi-millionaires who could give a flying shit about their fans.

by Anonymousreply 175November 25, 2017 10:14 PM

Not only did she vote Trump she voted for the moron Bush twice. Enough with trying to paint herliberal. She is not.

That said the show would not be the same without her.

by Anonymousreply 176November 26, 2017 1:00 AM

R176? Enough.

by Anonymousreply 177November 26, 2017 1:01 AM

Yeah they mentioned on today's replay that she voted Bush TWICE.

by Anonymousreply 178November 26, 2017 1:10 AM

You’re trying way too hard.

by Anonymousreply 179November 26, 2017 1:16 AM

Listen to today's show, delusional cunt.

by Anonymousreply 180November 26, 2017 1:18 AM

She never voted for Bush you stupid sack of shit. Nor did she vote for Trump. You’re blocked you dumb mother fucking piece of shit.

[quote]Back in 2004, Howard Stern’s sidekick Robin Quivers pledged to leave the U.S.A. if George W. Bush was re-elected.

Don’t respond to this asshole destroying this Robin Ophelia thread. If you respond to him, you’re also blocked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181November 26, 2017 1:20 AM

Except she fucking voted for the POS. Listen to today's show.

by Anonymousreply 182November 26, 2017 1:24 AM

Howard Stern on gays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183November 26, 2017 1:37 AM

That’s always been weird to me R183. I read that back around 1998 and tossed the book on the floor at Borders. I couldn’t believe that I listened to him and equated him to Dr. Laura and Jerry Falwell and all of those assholes. I mean he supports gay rights abd has since long before everyone, but does he see gays as a members of the wack pack? Does he see us as human?

by Anonymousreply 184November 27, 2017 2:12 PM

I still listen to him but I go back and forth all the time, sometimes I feel he emphatically likes gays and then other times I feel “maybe not”?. It’s a gray area, it’s always a question for some reason. I don’t know why.

by Anonymousreply 185November 27, 2017 2:14 PM

R183 But he changed his mind completely (evolved) as his children got older

by Anonymousreply 186November 27, 2017 2:19 PM

Is her cancer back?

by Anonymousreply 187November 27, 2017 2:21 PM

The “evolved” seems like such a cop out. I don’t know. Maybe I just have accept “evolved”. I listen but there’s always that question. All of his favorite comedians islike gays: Kinison, Murphy. I don’t know. I guess.

by Anonymousreply 188November 27, 2017 2:24 PM

[quote]She never voted for Bush you stupid sack of shit. Nor did she vote for Trump. You’re blocked you dumb mother fucking piece of shit.

LOOOOL Pretty soon this unhinged Quivers fan is going to block everyone in this thread. 'She' can then talk to herself.

All this 'bi-woman' seems to do is rage at everyone. Take you meds, doll.

by Anonymousreply 189November 27, 2017 6:50 PM

[quote]Howard Stern on gays.

Howard Stern was defining gross immaturity? Howard fucking Stern? The guy whose thoughts and attitudes epitomize adult immaturity in the worst way? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 190November 27, 2017 6:56 PM

How dare you, miss at R189.

by Anonymousreply 191November 27, 2017 6:58 PM

They weren’t kind to George this morning. Howard asks these people questions and he doesn’t stop them or correct them, he just let’s them speak and then get burned. I mean does Howard share any blame? I thought the show was about honesty? These guests are being honest. I guess you should just not be honest.

I don’t know about Howard anymore. He does all of this amazing, amazing work for cats which is beyond humanitarian but then he’s friends with Trump—who’s a big game hunter. He and sons with pictures of dead lions and dead leopards and dead rhinos and dead elephants. It makes no sense to me. He says he’s an acquaintance and then he claims he’s a personal friend, so who knows what the truth is.

by Anonymousreply 192November 27, 2017 7:16 PM

Howard is kind of off the radar now. I thought he had stopped doing talk show appearances entirely until I saw he did Kimmel recently.

by Anonymousreply 193November 27, 2017 7:21 PM

Maybe he should retire, no extensions. I’m turned off to him now because of Trump and his reluctance to go after Trump as viciously as he did George W. I get the FCC and all that, but I don’t know. He should retire.

by Anonymousreply 194November 27, 2017 7:38 PM

They should both retire, they are wealthy beyond most peoples dreams, they should be out traveling and enjoying that money. Especially if Robin is sick again, she needs to enjoy whatever time she has left on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 195November 27, 2017 8:22 PM

What’s the story on Jason Kaplan? He seems kind of phobey, he was extra pointed about George Takei. He came off as aggressive against him, so I’m not sure if that pent up rage or something?

by Anonymousreply 196November 27, 2017 8:26 PM

[quote] What’s the story on Jason Kaplan? He seems kind of phobey, he was extra pointed about George Takei. He came off as aggressive against him, so I’m not sure if that pent up rage or something?

I wouldn't read anything into that. Jason has grudges against people in the office because they rub him the wrong way.

by Anonymousreply 197November 27, 2017 8:35 PM

Oh okay. He seemed kind of like he was enjoying George’s issue like people here who enjoy any gay man’s problems but this site is so homophobic so it made me assume.

by Anonymousreply 198November 27, 2017 8:37 PM

I like Jason. He does NOT suffer fools. I loathe Shuley and wish they'd get rid of him. He's not the least bit funny, thinks he's way more important to the machine than he is, and he's always trying to fuck someone over in order to get more time on the show. He's garbage.

If Jason doesn't do something about his weight, though, he's not gonna be around for much longer.

by Anonymousreply 199November 27, 2017 8:41 PM

Shuli has this voice inflection where talks so slowly—what is that about? It’s too much of the back stage crew lately, or for months actually.

by Anonymousreply 200November 27, 2017 9:19 PM

I knew that was how he spelled his name. I have no idea why I typed it incorrectly. Shuli just wants as much air time as possible. What he also needs to do is get that fucking sinus surgery already. He sounds perpetually stuffed up and it's nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 201November 28, 2017 12:09 AM

His voice is very affected, I think he’s taken with himself. But, I didn’t finish to listening to Howard today, I turned it off shortly after the George Takei conversation. They threw him under the bus too. Maybe I’ll return if George returns but until then, TeamGeorge.

by Anonymousreply 202November 28, 2017 1:46 AM

Why hasn't r172 been FLAMED AND FREAKED back to the Stone Age where she came from?

Being a woman, bi or gay doesn't give you permission to use slurs against gay men.

You're no better than a "fag." Please give me one, good reason you're better than any gay man, you bigoted piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 203November 28, 2017 5:23 AM

Howard Stern has evolved WAY beyond that ancient book @ r183.

Stern is a consistent supporter of gay men and gay sex. He preaches against homophobia CONSTANTLY and no longer believes it's a choice, or that gays should change.

WHY HASN'T THE REPUBLICAN PARTY EVOLVED? WHY HASN'T THE CATHOLIC CHURCH OR SOUTHERN BAPTIST CONVENTION REFORMED LIKE HOWARD STERN?

Because they're barbarians and the TRUE enemies of gay people, NOT Howard Stern.

by Anonymousreply 204November 28, 2017 5:31 AM

r183 = r184, talking to itself from different browsers and caches.

by Anonymousreply 205November 28, 2017 5:33 AM

You do realize that Howard is Hypocrite #1 and changes his opinion every three seconds, right? He says stupid shit all the time and has verbal diarrhea. You're not suppose to hold him up as some pillar of rational thought. The man has been in therapy for decades. They're all fuck-ups. That's the joke. In the end, they have a heart and mean well, and it's all in good fun. They've always crossed the line. That's why they became infamous. But it was always entertainment first and foremost.

by Anonymousreply 206November 28, 2017 8:34 AM

[quote]The “evolved” seems like such a cop out. I don’t know. Maybe I just have accept “evolved”. I listen but there’s always that question. All of his favorite comedians islike gays: Kinison, Murphy. I don’t know. I guess.

I mean….If you really listened to the show, you would already know--without a doubt--how Stern feels about gay people and using the word “Fag.”

You tried it tho’

by Anonymousreply 207November 28, 2017 12:25 PM

R207, yes, a few years back he did say he would never use “fag” again.

by Anonymousreply 208November 28, 2017 12:56 PM

I boycott the show until George Takei’s return.

by Anonymousreply 209November 28, 2017 12:58 PM

I buy that he's had a change of heart. That said, he used to say some very homophobic shit. Like the above passage from the book.

When he was on WNBC and Harvey Milk High opened, they did a sketch called "Happy Gays" about life on campus. Fred imitated Paul Lynde (he was meant to be the principal of the school- get it?) he you heard him doing the morning announcements. "Knee pads can be picked up before school in the gym. And the flag pole is NOT to be used as a sexual device!"

But, beyond all the bits- if a guy did or said something less than manly, Stern would say "You're not a fag, are you?" It was bad for a while.

by Anonymousreply 210November 28, 2017 11:45 PM

I'm from the DC area, so I listened to his show from the early DC101 days, and then when he went to NYC I listened to him on WJFK-FM. I was obsessed with his show, as well as Don & Mike. Can't believe I was able to get any work done back then because I was so focused on listening to the radio.

by Anonymousreply 211November 29, 2017 12:19 AM

Does someone really have a change of heart or do they just hide it better?

by Anonymousreply 212November 29, 2017 1:12 AM

Hollywood Howard has had a change of heart, he wants to be part of the in crowd now. He was funnier when he was on the outside looking in.

by Anonymousreply 213November 29, 2017 3:02 AM

When’s the funeral

by Anonymousreply 214November 29, 2017 7:51 PM

Her death has really gone under the radar

by Anonymousreply 215December 3, 2017 2:16 AM

Enough R215. You’re not funny unlike the Alyssa Milano death thread which is hysterical. FF’d.

by Anonymousreply 216December 3, 2017 2:20 AM

Howard has openly admitted he has evolved on some issues. He is still very much pro-gun - but has moved from a libertarian to more liberal. I think the failure of his marriage really affected him. I think he is smarter and funnier than ever.

by Anonymousreply 217December 3, 2017 2:23 AM

I don't really listen to the show very much but I have noticed that occasionally guests seem surprised when Robin (from home I guess) suddenly chimes in. I guess they are supposed to cover it but some people seem to forget she is there and then suddenly get surprised by a question from her.

by Anonymousreply 218December 3, 2017 2:58 AM

She was in the studio today. Bono gave her a signed record album.

by Anonymousreply 219December 4, 2017 11:12 PM

[quote]Bono gave her a signed record album.

Wow, how fucking exciting, one wealthy person giving another wealthy person a freebie, signed no less. Quelle Surprise!

Perhaps Bono should be giving a lot of signed LPs to his actual fans, you know, the millions who made him, and U2, tax exiles!

by Anonymousreply 220December 5, 2017 12:12 AM

They did give an album away for free and people complained.

by Anonymousreply 221December 5, 2017 9:51 AM

Howard said he cannot listen to the old shows because of the way he used to talk about gay people. He said this after one of those long “History of Howard Stern” things they used to do every holiday season. He said he plays the old stuff because he knows the fans like it, but that a lot of it makes him cringe. FWIW.

by Anonymousreply 222December 5, 2017 10:08 AM

[quote]They did give an album away for free and people complained.

You don't get it do you? Or rather, you refuse to get it. Bono gave a free LP away to another famous millionaire, Robin. How about showing some love for his REAL fans, the people who made him extremely famous and wealthy. Fuck Bono, fuck U2.

Unless Robin is going to auction that LP off for charity, I could give a flying fuck.

by Anonymousreply 223December 5, 2017 10:30 PM

Vale Robin Quivers

by Anonymousreply 224February 22, 2018 6:24 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 225February 22, 2018 6:59 AM

R172 is a hideous baboon who throws around the F word because she can. Yet all she does is flap her blue gums about racism.

Bitch, you are the reason why so many people are racist. I would LOVE to meet you in dark alley you fucking ape-ette. My gloves are off now. I have been decent to you for years, but no more. You are going to get back as good as you give you crispy ass smoke.

Come get me. I can't fucking wait. Don't forget to bring your glock and your banana.

by Anonymousreply 226February 24, 2018 2:12 AM

stop embarrassing yourself, R226

by Anonymousreply 227February 24, 2018 2:15 AM

I am not embarrassed in the least. I have had it up to my eyebrows with that cunt.

by Anonymousreply 228February 24, 2018 5:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!