Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Collagen supplements for skin

Anyone take them for wrinkles and collagen turnover? Do you notice results? Any risks?

by Anonymousreply 16December 12, 2018 1:49 AM

I see them and want to buy. They are inexpensive, but unfortunately supposedly useless. Like taking gelatin for nails. But I know people who swear by Knox for nails, so I don’t know either way. In Japan women eat weird things like pig skin ( fresh version of pork rinds) for collagen. If there was a vegetarian collagen pill, I would try it immediately. I will buy Biosil instead, that’s good for collagen.

by Anonymousreply 1November 15, 2017 7:33 AM

Hyaluronic acid supplement is another option. Made from fish, usually, I think.

by Anonymousreply 2November 15, 2017 7:36 AM

I use them and I get compliments on my skin and how young I look. I don't know? I think I look haggard, but maybe not so bad considering I am 39. Not sure if the compliments are due to my vitamin regimen or if it's the lack of husband and kids or just good genetic luck. I'll keep taking them cause I'm super scared I'll really have out of I don't.

by Anonymousreply 3November 15, 2017 7:37 AM

What kind do you take. r3?

by Anonymousreply 4November 15, 2017 2:26 PM

OP, try asking this on longecity.org. They test these things out all the time.

by Anonymousreply 5November 15, 2017 2:43 PM

No, I take MSM which, in combination with Vitamin C, helps with collagen production. I've amazing skin and nails because of it.

Plus, it also does wonders for hormone production, immune system, joints, and muscle aches post exercise, so it's way more useful than just collagen alone.

by Anonymousreply 6November 15, 2017 2:45 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 7November 16, 2017 7:04 PM

[R3] here. I take the stuff they have at Sam's Club online; NEOCELL• SUPER Collagen+C. I take 6 pills daily 3 with breakfast and 3 with dinner. I have to say though this older guy (58) at my part time seasonal job was sitting next to me and went on about how he couldn't believe I was 39, he told me I could still pass for twenties. Then when one of his friends came over (a female who was 44) he said, "can you believe she's almost 40?". She looked at me and said "yeah I can believe it". 😭

by Anonymousreply 8November 18, 2017 6:16 AM

They do not work. Use oil (food grade) on you facial skin.

by Anonymousreply 9November 18, 2017 6:22 AM

I couldn't find the skin care thread. Is Cerave a good cleanser?

by Anonymousreply 10November 19, 2017 4:24 PM

ALL of it is snakeoil. None of it hasn't been tested scientifically. They make health claims based on nothing.

by Anonymousreply 11November 19, 2017 4:33 PM

I would try Biosil over something like a powdered collagen supplement. There is actually clinical testing on that.

by Anonymousreply 12November 19, 2017 4:52 PM

Do you buy Biosil on Amazon?

by Anonymousreply 13November 21, 2017 8:22 PM

The only way to get a good turn over is to get rid of the outer layer of skin. Peels are great, but only the strong ones. I have written here before that I had a phenol peel when I was 28, and 30 years later I have the skin of a 30 year old. I don't LOOK 30, but my skin does.

by Anonymousreply 14November 21, 2017 8:42 PM

^^that doesn’t sound safe at all. Aren’t there later health complications with it?

What is the difference between MSM and Biosin?

by Anonymousreply 15December 11, 2018 9:49 PM

MSM is sulfur.

Biosil is technically a form of silica. Biosil is overpriced, IMO. A better (and cheaper) form of silica at high concentrations is bamboo extract.

by Anonymousreply 16December 12, 2018 1:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!