Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who is the last attractive comedian to hit it big?

Not Louis CK, not Amy Schumer. My theory is comics are ugly people who desperately want to be famous, and will say or do anything for attention.

by Anonymousreply 166December 31, 2021 1:22 AM

Eric Bana.

by Anonymousreply 1November 14, 2017 11:14 AM

Sarah Silverman

by Anonymousreply 2November 14, 2017 11:17 AM

Was just going to say Sarah Silverman too, R2

by Anonymousreply 3November 14, 2017 11:19 AM

I was going to say Adam Ferrara, but he's a little older than both Bana and Silverman.

by Anonymousreply 4November 14, 2017 11:31 AM

Are these... jokes? Sarah Silverman is ugly. Let me google Bana.

by Anonymousreply 5November 14, 2017 11:47 AM

Oh! Bana doesn't count! He's transitioned to actor.

by Anonymousreply 6November 14, 2017 11:52 AM

Come on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 14, 2017 11:53 AM

Interesting theory, OP. I had never thought about it like that!

by Anonymousreply 8November 14, 2017 11:58 AM

I've posted this before, but I'll do it again here: comedians are miserably, angry people (no matter how they front).

Comedy is, in fact, a socially sanctioned outlet for anger. And it just makes sense that less attractive people (as well as other outsiders -- gays, religious and ethnic minorities, etc.) have more reason for dissatisfaction and anger than wealthy, well-adjusted, beautiful people do.

If they didn't have comedy, a lot of comedians would be in jail or in psych wards.

by Anonymousreply 9November 14, 2017 12:04 PM

I can't think of an ugly comic

by Anonymousreply 10November 14, 2017 12:09 PM

Tina Fey and she know it

by Anonymousreply 11November 14, 2017 12:17 PM

r9 or they’d have to register as sex offenders. Comedians are always getting a pass and they shouldn’t be.

Bill Burr said once that comedians are noble and Bob Odenkirk gave this anecdote about his, at the time, young daughter watching a comedian on tv bitching about something and Bob pulls his daughter aside and tells her, “sweetheart, that’s truth, that’s honesty”

*eye roll*

Comedians are miserable people who lucked out by finding a profession that pays them to talk about what awful human beings they are.

by Anonymousreply 12November 14, 2017 12:25 PM

Also, they're funnier than the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 13November 14, 2017 12:27 PM

r13 not most of them

by Anonymousreply 14November 14, 2017 12:29 PM

You can find ugly photos of anyone R7

Silverman clenas up very nicely and has two big assets that men who like women are particularly enamored of

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 14, 2017 12:32 PM

Fey and Silverman are average/OK-looking

by Anonymousreply 16November 14, 2017 1:11 PM

I don’t know if you can say they’ve “hit it big” but I think both Alex Moffat and Mikey Day of SNL both did stand-up and they’re both very attractive.

by Anonymousreply 17November 14, 2017 1:24 PM

Tina Fey. Amy Poehler. Kristen Wiig. Julia Louis Dreyfus. Kate McKinnon. Wanda Sykes. Not supermodels but nowhere near grossly unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 18November 14, 2017 1:34 PM

Steve Martin was pleasant looking when younger. Chevy Chase was good looking, but an ass. Jane Curtin and Catherine O'Hara were pretty.

by Anonymousreply 19November 14, 2017 1:34 PM

I thought Jim Carrey was hot.

by Anonymousreply 20November 14, 2017 1:36 PM

Calling it a 'theory' on comedians is a stretch. It's more of an unverified opinion.

I am aware everything isn't about Trump, but my 'theory' is that most of the late night talk show hosts in the US are comedians. The harshest criticism has come from them for Trump and his supporters, because thy are being mocked and laughed at. And in fact they embody the right to free speech and why it is so important. A better question is why there are no right-leaning comedians?

Colbert, Myers, Fallon, Kimmel, Hart, Noah are all have attractive qualities. Debra from MadTV, Joan Rivers, Tina Fey, Tiffany Hadish all have/had an attractive quality about them.

This is political, because a society that can laugh together is stronger together. The very aim of these enemies of liberty is to exploit the splits that are made evident by free speech and paralyse liberal societies with fear and indecision. The aim is also to intellectually exhaust the opposition so they give their freedoms away.

That's what Trump is doing right now. For all its faults (of which there are many), at least the US has always said it is trying to defend freedom and democracy across the world, if the world. If The US is now abandoning its ideals, what hope is there for the rest of the world?

None of us should fall for it.

by Anonymousreply 21November 14, 2017 1:48 PM

Well, R21, politicians are ACTUALLY the uggos who want to be famous, ESPECIALLY trump. And there's Dennis Miller, at least. Some Fox jokester my partner's mom loves who busts balls on the street.

Look, this is just about sexiness in comedy, not politics . None of the above mentioned are going to star as the love interest without a caveat to their character.

I also believe Hollywood in general is getting less sexy and more normalized: see Dunham, all the nepotism girls: Maras, Collins, Paltrow, OONA Chaplin who looks like a damn foot, Gyllenhaal- I could go on.

by Anonymousreply 22November 14, 2017 1:56 PM

Tiffany Hadish is the "it" comedian this year, and she is attractive.

by Anonymousreply 23November 14, 2017 2:01 PM

I like that big fat tall bald Irish guy on British tv, the one with the Gaelic name I forget. Give me a break. He's my type!

by Anonymousreply 24November 14, 2017 2:06 PM

Jack Whitehall. And he’s shown peen.

by Anonymousreply 25November 14, 2017 2:09 PM

Tracey Ullman has always been easy on the eyes, and mega-talent multiplies. Lovely.

by Anonymousreply 26November 14, 2017 2:13 PM

^^ "and mega-talent multiplies that."

by Anonymousreply 27November 14, 2017 2:14 PM

Dara o Brian. That's it

by Anonymousreply 28November 14, 2017 2:19 PM

A lot of you are mistaking comedian actors and personalities for comedians.

by Anonymousreply 29November 14, 2017 2:19 PM

Jason Segel.

by Anonymousreply 30November 14, 2017 2:25 PM

JASON. Mmm. Hot.

by Anonymousreply 31November 14, 2017 2:29 PM

Hasan Minhaj.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 14, 2017 2:31 PM

Dane Cook isn’t unattractive. And Colbert is a handsome man.

by Anonymousreply 33November 14, 2017 2:31 PM

Wouldn't you like to take home a slice of this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 14, 2017 2:33 PM

[quote]A lot of you are mistaking comedian actors and personalities for comedians.

I meant COMEDIC actors...

by Anonymousreply 35November 14, 2017 2:35 PM

Jack Whitehall is getting there.

And he can get it. All the way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 14, 2017 2:37 PM

See, Whitehall is the best looking of a rough bunch, but I would not pay for that.

by Anonymousreply 37November 14, 2017 2:38 PM

It is not surprising that most comedians were not beautiful people, it is expected. Generally people who grow up good looking and happy aren't going to develop a great sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 38November 14, 2017 2:39 PM

"Silverman clenas up very nicely and has two big assets that men who like women are particularly enamored of."

Her "big assets" are two sacks of goo that have been inserted into her chest: implants. Fake titties.

Silverman has been publicized as a babe, which is really funny because she has the face of a horse. I suppose in comparison to other female comedians she could be called good looking but that's not saying much because most female comedians tend to be butt ugly.

by Anonymousreply 39November 14, 2017 2:42 PM

Donald Glover!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 14, 2017 2:43 PM

I own this thread and Marty Singer will sue anyone who claims otherwise!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 14, 2017 2:46 PM

Mark Twain summed it up well

[quote]“The secret source of humor itself is not joy, but sorrow. There is no humor in heaven.”

by Anonymousreply 42November 14, 2017 2:48 PM

Glover is a good answer, r40, forgot about him.

by Anonymousreply 43November 14, 2017 2:49 PM

I tried stand-up on Jimmy Fallon. And I'm not attractive but am DESPERATE for attention at all times!

by Anonymousreply 44November 14, 2017 2:52 PM

John Mulaney. He was on one of the talk shows the other night. He makes me want to present hole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 14, 2017 2:57 PM

I'm always curious about people like R39 who think if they write something often enough they can snow people into believing them. Sarah Silverman is not ugly and doesn't have the face of a horse. In the regular real world she'd be known as an attractive woman. I'm assuming that Silverman has insulted some pet of R39 which is why he/she has gone over the deep end.

Seth McFarlane is attractive. I think some of the SNL cast are good looking too but I'm not sure you'd consider they've made it big. I always liked Bill Hader because he's that combo of goofy, funny & cute. plus I love Stefan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 14, 2017 3:04 PM

I think Eddie izzard is sexy.

by Anonymousreply 47November 14, 2017 3:16 PM

Sarah’s titis look fake

by Anonymousreply 48November 14, 2017 3:17 PM

Anthony Jeselnik is handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 14, 2017 3:24 PM

Look, this isn't "attractive for the world"- this is Hollywood, goddamnit. I'm not paying to look at someone who I can see out on the street! PLAY RIGHT! ;) Sarah Silverman might clean up at a bar in Minneapolis, but she's not Hollywood hot. She is very funny though. Except when she lost it after a Roast went after her spinsterhood. That was funny on its own.

by Anonymousreply 50November 14, 2017 3:25 PM

Stephen Colbert was intensely fuckable when he was younger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 14, 2017 3:27 PM

Jack Whitehall is hot as fuck. I had never heard of him. SO...can anyone link peen pic?

by Anonymousreply 52November 14, 2017 3:28 PM

You don't find Tommy Little attractive?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 14, 2017 3:31 PM

For r52:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 14, 2017 3:32 PM

Can't believe some of the names. Neither Tina Fey nor Amy Poehler were beauties, they would be the first to admit that.

Hell, half of "30 Rock" was about making jokes about Fey's looks. She recognized not being the pretty, popular girl was the source of developing her humor.

And this is not a read, I think both of them of talented.

by Anonymousreply 55November 14, 2017 3:34 PM

Claire Hooper

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 14, 2017 3:40 PM

Nick Cody

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 14, 2017 3:43 PM

Tina Fey is an interesting case. Would she be at all as successful as she is if Alec Baldwin hadn't told her she was beautiful and suggested she clean up her act. Everything that happened big time for her happened after that moment.

by Anonymousreply 58November 14, 2017 3:46 PM

Thanks r29/r35. Comedic actors is not the same thing as comedian.

Kate McKinnon for instance is a hilarious actor, but she is not a comedian, she doesn't write comedic material, just delivers it.

by Anonymousreply 59November 14, 2017 3:48 PM

Kate McKinnon isn't a raving beauty, but she's pretty enough.

by Anonymousreply 60November 14, 2017 3:49 PM

" In the regular real world she'd be known as an attractive woman."

Not really. Anybody with eyes can see she has the face of a horse and fake tits, not to mention her nails on a blackboard voice. By the way, I don't think there's a comedian alive whose cock she hasn't sucked. She's gotten a lot of breaks that way. Her career got a particularly good boost when she was sucking Jimmy Kimmel's dingus.

by Anonymousreply 61November 14, 2017 3:52 PM

Beau Ryan of course. Not a standup but certainly a species of comedian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 14, 2017 3:55 PM

Joel Creasey is quite an attractive sort.

by Anonymousreply 63November 14, 2017 4:00 PM

Joel McHale is fucking hot and successful.

by Anonymousreply 64November 14, 2017 4:09 PM

As is Chris Hardwick. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 65November 14, 2017 4:10 PM

[quote] I thought Jim Carrey was hot

He just wasn't funny.

by Anonymousreply 66November 14, 2017 4:11 PM

DeRay Davis

Just watched his Netflix special. LOL funny.

by Anonymousreply 67November 14, 2017 5:32 PM

Anjelah Johnson

by Anonymousreply 68November 14, 2017 5:38 PM

Are you a woman, op?

by Anonymousreply 69November 14, 2017 5:44 PM

Seth McFarlane

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 14, 2017 5:45 PM

Chris D'Elia is hipster/caveman hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71November 14, 2017 6:03 PM

OP's rules are stupid--if people gives him counter-examples, he just throws a sissy fit and complains the examples don't count.

Eric Bana is objectively handsome, and he did start entirely in stand-up. The fact that he later switched to become an actor does not alter the fact that he started in stand-up in Australia and became nationally famous for it before he became big as an actor.

Dane Cook has terrible skin, but so do many Hollywood actors-only, like James Woods and Edward James Olmos. He is still handsome and has a great body.

Other youngish people who started in stand-up whom I would say are objectively good-looking (whether the OP approves of my selections or not): Cecily Strong, Beck Bennett (when he's got his weight under control), Cecily Strong, BJ Novak.

by Anonymousreply 72November 14, 2017 6:15 PM

Someone is super triggered by assertions that Sarah Silverman is hot. R46 seems to have nailed the cause on that.

The last really hot male comedian, and his career kind of died quickly and his looks went to shit, was Jay Mohr

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 14, 2017 6:27 PM

Whoopi Goldberg. Hands down THE ugliest of them all.

by Anonymousreply 74November 14, 2017 6:36 PM

I think Will Armett is so hot.

by Anonymousreply 75November 14, 2017 6:39 PM

OP got his theory from me, as I've stressed that comedians are ugly on Datalounge threads for years now.

by Anonymousreply 76November 14, 2017 6:44 PM

Lenny Bruce was striking in a smoldering, gangster-ish kind of way, but that may prove OP's point: sure, Bruce was "influential," but I've never thought he was very funny.

by Anonymousreply 77November 14, 2017 6:48 PM

Aziz Ansari is kind of cute.

by Anonymousreply 78November 14, 2017 6:56 PM

"Last," r74, not "least."

by Anonymousreply 79November 14, 2017 7:41 PM

"Tracey Ullman has always been easy on the eyes, and mega-talent multiplies. Lovely."

Shut up, Tracey.

by Anonymousreply 80November 14, 2017 9:20 PM

Aisha tyler?

by Anonymousreply 81November 14, 2017 10:02 PM

We're into 81 replies, 81!; and not one mention of Kristen Wiig!

LMFAO!

by Anonymousreply 82November 14, 2017 10:04 PM

I think it's because she's not attractive.

by Anonymousreply 83November 14, 2017 10:15 PM

Most comedians are fairly average looking. Most people are average looking. The only people who are not average looking are models and some actors and actresses. Bill Maher is below average. Even Seinfeld was fairly average looking when he was young and so was George Carlin. I am a woman and probably don't put too much importance on looks as long as they are average looking.

by Anonymousreply 84November 14, 2017 10:28 PM

r82 Wiig was mentioned at r18

by Anonymousreply 85November 14, 2017 11:10 PM

Steve Martin was handsome in his youth. I thought Marc Maron was cute when young. I sure there are other stand up comedians who were somewhat attractive when young. But it's true, most of them are funny looking, and that goes for females as well as males.

Some film comedians were good looking men. I thought Charlie Chaplin and Harold Lloyd were handsome men. And I thought after his face filled out a bit (I think that happened in his thirties) Jerry Lewis was good looking. Totally crazy, but good looking.

by Anonymousreply 86November 14, 2017 11:12 PM

My tits are real! And quite saggy, actually!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87November 15, 2017 12:05 AM

Silverman's tits at R15 are definitely NOT the ones at R87. The ones at R15 are bigger and look like baseballs attached to her chest, a sure giveaway that they're implants.

by Anonymousreply 88November 15, 2017 12:35 AM

Jim Jeffries.

by Anonymousreply 89November 15, 2017 12:48 AM

Jason Sudeikis and his hairy chest.

by Anonymousreply 90November 15, 2017 3:08 AM

I disagree r88. She masterfully uses a rope-pulley system that lifts different breast quadrants into different areas. The inside upper and lower are push in and way up. The outer top and lower quadrants shift in toward the original location of the inner quadrants, thereby supporting the milky cleavage we see tumbling out in her décolletage area. Also, her cleavage looks very soft there, natural.

by Anonymousreply 91November 15, 2017 3:18 AM

Ellie Kemper is pretty. And OP is right, most comedians are desperately ugly, weird people who hate the world. They just figure out how to make fun of it.

by Anonymousreply 92November 15, 2017 3:22 AM

[quote] I thought Charlie Chaplin and Harold Lloyd were handsome men.

Buster Keaton was smoking hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93November 15, 2017 3:31 AM

Agree re Noah, Minaj, McHale and Jeselnik. (And BTW,isn't Jeselnik gay?)

I'd also add Michael Kosta.

And (believe it or not - and maybe it's just me) - Daniel Tosh.

by Anonymousreply 94November 15, 2017 3:43 AM

Jeselnik is apparently gay in his private life.

by Anonymousreply 95November 15, 2017 3:44 AM

If Jeselnik is indeed gay, I wish he'd come out. And make it part of his act and public image.

I think he's smart and talented. And yeah, hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96November 15, 2017 3:56 AM

I always thought Laura Kightlinger was very pretty and was funny when she started, but kind of fizzled out.

by Anonymousreply 97November 15, 2017 3:59 AM

Also agree w/Donald Glover posted above. He is very appealing in every way.

by Anonymousreply 98November 15, 2017 4:00 AM

[quote]Kate McKinnon for instance is a hilarious actor, but she is not a comedian, she doesn't write comedic material, just delivers it.

Kate has written comedic material over the years. She co-wrote some of the sketches on Big Gay Sketch Show and on SNL. She also wrote material for sketch shows at UCB. She and Aidy Bryant got Emmy nominations for co-writing the Do It On My Twin Bed song that was on SNL.

by Anonymousreply 99November 15, 2017 4:15 AM

You have good taste, R97. I always thought she was striking. I have a weakness for tall, mouthy brunettes.

Don't feel bad for Laura. She's been doing V/O work but also executive producing WILL & GRACE (including the reboot) and TWO BROKE GIRLS. She's not hurting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100November 15, 2017 4:16 AM

[quote]Ellie Kemper is pretty. And OP is right, most comedians are desperately ugly, weird people who hate the world. They just figure out how to make fun of it.

I always thought she was prettier and funnier than Jenna Fischer on The Office.

by Anonymousreply 101November 15, 2017 4:18 AM

Joey Bishop

by Anonymousreply 102November 15, 2017 4:21 AM

R99 Kate McKinnon and her younger sister also created and filmed a web series a couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 103November 15, 2017 4:39 AM

[quote]I always thought Laura Kightlinger was very pretty and was funny when she started, but kind of fizzled out.

I thought so too. I remember when she dated Jack Black and I thought she was too pretty to be dating him.

by Anonymousreply 104November 15, 2017 4:47 AM

John Mulaney is cute.

by Anonymousreply 105November 15, 2017 5:14 AM

Jeselnik has BDF.

by Anonymousreply 106November 15, 2017 5:24 AM

Bill Burr's a hot daddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107November 15, 2017 7:41 AM

Andrew Santino

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108November 15, 2017 11:30 AM

Brent Morn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109November 15, 2017 11:35 AM

London Lee

by Anonymousreply 110November 15, 2017 11:35 AM

And we still don't recognize and have not heard of 95% of these folks... How is that having "hit it big?"

by Anonymousreply 111November 15, 2017 1:19 PM

I think Steve Byrne is good looking. He sort of hit it big, but his TBS sitcom which lasted three seasons never got a lot of attention.

by Anonymousreply 112November 15, 2017 1:29 PM

I think a lot of people missed the "hit it big" part of the assignment.

by Anonymousreply 113November 15, 2017 1:32 PM

[quote]Tina Fey. Amy Poehler. Kristen Wiig. Julia Louis Dreyfus. Kate McKinnon. Wanda Sykes. Not supermodels but nowhere near grossly unattractive.

Amy Poehler and Wanda Sykes are the least attractive in that group. I think weight loss and femming it up have helped Kate McKinnon look better in the past few years. Pre-SNL, she was more a chapstick butch lesbian and she was heavier on that Logo show.

by Anonymousreply 114November 15, 2017 1:35 PM

I can’t stand her and she’s been drinking away her looks but when she was younger Chelsea Handler was conventionally attractive

by Anonymousreply 115November 15, 2017 2:08 PM

I don't think Chelsea Handler drinks as much as she says she does, it's just part of her act that she plays for laughs. Same thing with Amy Schumer.

by Anonymousreply 116November 15, 2017 2:17 PM

She’s sure aged like an alcoholic

by Anonymousreply 117November 15, 2017 2:20 PM

Aussie comedian Aamer Rahman is coming up rather quickly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118November 15, 2017 4:09 PM

"She masterfully uses a rope-pulley system that lifts different breast quadrants into different areas."

Do you know how utterly ridiculous that sounds? She's just showing off her fake titties in a revealing dress.

by Anonymousreply 119November 15, 2017 4:55 PM

"Someone is super triggered by assertions that Sarah Silverman is hot. [R46] seems to have nailed the cause on that."

R46 hasn't "nailed" anything, you idiot. R46 just doesn't like to hear anyone say Sarah Silverman isn't a babe, although it's obvious with that face and voice and fake tits that's she's not. And simply stating the obvious isn't "super triggered" or "gone off the deep end." Seems to me you and R46 are the ones "super triggered" and "gone off the deep end." And over Sarah Silverman! Now that is REALLY fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 120November 15, 2017 5:05 PM

Whitney Cummings. She hit more as a comic writer and actor than as a stand-up though.

She had two sitcoms running at the same time, one of which did better than the other. Now she's part of the cast of the upcoming Rosanne continuation.

She hit after Sarah S did so I'd suggest it's her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121November 15, 2017 5:09 PM

Yeah, I don't find Whitney particularly funny, but she IS successful.

by Anonymousreply 122November 15, 2017 5:22 PM

[quote]Don't feel bad for Laura. She's been doing V/O work but also executive producing WILL & GRACE (including the reboot) and TWO BROKE GIRLS. She's not hurting.

She hurt us with TWO BROKE GIRLS. So much so that it's now in syndication. It's on somewhere every fucking night.

by Anonymousreply 123November 15, 2017 5:25 PM

[quote]Yeah, I don't find Whitney particularly funny, but she IS successful.

She's a very handsome woman, with a very tall elegant figure, so she gets a lot of leeway for that. She's sort of amusing, but not a scream. Attractive women get opportunities other people don't.

by Anonymousreply 124November 15, 2017 5:47 PM

Sarah Silverman is pretty. Tina Fey is good-looking. She's over forty too, so relative to other 40 year old white women, she's like in the 90-95% range. She used to be ugly and dumpy-looking though, so that's probably why her comedy is about her looking ugly. Amy Poehlor is not that pretty. She is just average. Regina Hall is pretty and so is that Tiffany Haddish.

I don't know about the guy comedians though.

by Anonymousreply 125November 15, 2017 6:09 PM

I would add the often overlooked Rita Rudner in the late 80's as well as Phyllis Diller who after her ugly duckling to swan makeover was bigger than she ever was before.

by Anonymousreply 126November 15, 2017 6:59 PM

[quote]And we still don't recognize and have not heard of 95% of these folks... How is that having "hit it big?"

[quote]I think a lot of people missed the "hit it big" part of the assignment.

Yeah, well. It’s not our fault that you don't recognize anybody outside of Vaudeville....

by Anonymousreply 127November 16, 2017 11:39 AM

I crush on Jamali Maddix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128November 16, 2017 11:48 AM

Who cares, as long as they're funny? Plus, the successful ones we see outside of clubs aren't Spring chickens.

Maria Bamford is cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129November 16, 2017 12:16 PM

I guess most of them are not. Even less of the men. Maybe Steve Martin was the only one.

by Anonymousreply 130November 16, 2017 12:47 PM

Whitney Cummings is porn star pretty.

by Anonymousreply 131November 26, 2017 1:32 PM

That really big fat dude that just recently died from being fat. Can't think of his name. Hideous (and not even funny)

by Anonymousreply 132November 26, 2017 1:37 PM

Cummings is just about as interesting as a porn star. She REALLY got lucky with the Broke Girls money!!!! Sarah Silverman its considered a hot babe by many straight men, though she is not aging out of it.

by Anonymousreply 133November 26, 2017 1:48 PM

she is NOW aging....

by Anonymousreply 134November 26, 2017 1:49 PM

Nice rack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135November 26, 2017 1:52 PM

R120 is one messed up homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 136November 26, 2017 2:02 PM

I also don't get the Silverman is "hot" claim.

by Anonymousreply 137November 26, 2017 2:21 PM

The late Totie Fields was one of the funniest comediennes of all time. She had phlebitis and had a leg amputated. She lost a tremendous amount of weight and went back on tour. It was noted that once she lost weight, she wasn't funny anymore because she lost her focus, which was the fat, ugly Jewess.

by Anonymousreply 138November 26, 2017 2:29 PM

Dick Van Dyke was a gorgeous man.

by Anonymousreply 139November 26, 2017 2:32 PM

Lots of straight guys think she's hot R137

She's relatively thin, has a pretty face and large tits.

by Anonymousreply 140November 26, 2017 2:34 PM

How would R140 know "a lot of straight guys" think Sarah Silverman is "hot?" R140 is also blind. Sarah Silverman has a horsey face and her tits are fake. She's generally considered good looking for a female comedian. Which isn't saying much.

by Anonymousreply 141November 26, 2017 3:04 PM

Actually, it's the other way around. People don't want their comedians to be very good looking. Also - it's an actual skill that very few people can do well. It takes a lot of effort and talent to be good. If you're good looking, you've never had to hone other parts of your personality.

by Anonymousreply 142November 26, 2017 3:15 PM

Anthony Jeselnik is attractive, tall and thin. Demetri Martin is nebbishy fuckable. Or was when he was a bit younger. Young gay Julio Torres isn't bad looking. SNL finds some reasonably attractive male and female comedians.

by Anonymousreply 143November 26, 2017 3:22 PM

I can't think of one, past or present that was truly handsome.

by Anonymousreply 144November 26, 2017 3:23 PM

Chevy Chase was truly handsome, for a hot second.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145November 26, 2017 3:29 PM

Eddie Murphy was sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146November 26, 2017 3:30 PM

Not really, R146. He had a big repulsive vibe and was kind of awkward. Also he was not really a stand-up comedian.

Dick Van Dyke was handsome, but again, he was not a stand-up comedian.

by Anonymousreply 147November 26, 2017 3:36 PM

Eddie Murphy?! EWWW! He was also plain and scrawny.

by Anonymousreply 148November 26, 2017 3:37 PM

Yes, Eddie Murphy was average, and repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 149November 26, 2017 3:39 PM

Eddie did a fair amount of stand-up. Its just that he hit big Hollywood money very young. I know he was homophobic in his routines. I must say he always had a HOT body.

by Anonymousreply 150November 26, 2017 3:41 PM

Yes, Eddie did stand up, but like all comedians,he is not attractive.

by Anonymousreply 151November 26, 2017 3:42 PM

Anthony Jeselnik never made it super big but he had his own show at one point.

by Anonymousreply 152November 26, 2017 3:44 PM

Chris Rock. Can't believe no one's mentioned him. Whatever his faults, he's good-looking even adorable. Waaaaay cuter than so many in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 153November 26, 2017 3:51 PM

Chris Rock? No.

by Anonymousreply 154November 26, 2017 3:55 PM

If you are going to say Chirs Rock is handsome, you might as well say Geroge Carlin was as well

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155November 26, 2017 4:00 PM

Silverman is attractive. Fey and Poehler are average. Iliza Shlesinger is really attractive. That insult comic, Lisa Lampanelli, is homely. And unfunny. Everybody clear now? Good.

by Anonymousreply 156November 26, 2017 4:04 PM

Johnny Carson was handsome and funny.

by Anonymousreply 157November 26, 2017 4:05 PM

Ray Romano is very attractive, also Brad Garrett and Kevin James.

by Anonymousreply 158November 26, 2017 4:08 PM

R158, you were so absurd it evoked a true guffaw.

by Anonymousreply 159November 26, 2017 4:29 PM

Anthony Jeselnik could sit on my face any time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160November 26, 2017 6:00 PM

David Steinberg

by Anonymousreply 161November 28, 2017 9:48 AM

John Mulaney

by Anonymousreply 162November 29, 2017 6:13 AM

Just saw Joel Creasey on Netflix. You don't really notice it at first, but he is one hot guy. Especially if you check out his Instagram. Not a gym-rat, topless, instaho type, but lots of selfies and he cleans up well.

by Anonymousreply 163February 16, 2019 11:28 PM

John Mulaney is pretty good-looking.

by Anonymousreply 164April 29, 2021 8:23 PM

Jerry Lewis was hot twink in his youth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165April 29, 2021 8:24 PM

Theo Von is still hot, although I prefer his looks before he hit it big as a comedian, back when he was on Road Rules.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166December 31, 2021 1:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!