Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What's the best part of Riverdale?

Please take my poll if you watch the show.

by Anonymousreply 45March 22, 2018 11:02 AM

"Who." When you use a relative pronoun referring to people, you need to use the word "who," not "what," idiot.

by Anonymousreply 1November 10, 2017 6:27 AM

Other. Moose and DILF Sheriff Keller's sexy gravely voice.

by Anonymousreply 2November 10, 2017 6:31 AM

Thinking of KJ fucking Cole.

by Anonymousreply 3November 10, 2017 9:41 AM

My choices are KJ Apa, Casey Cott, Madelaine Petch, and Mädchen Amick.

by Anonymousreply 4November 10, 2017 11:24 AM

Another vote for Moose!

by Anonymousreply 5November 10, 2017 11:43 AM

I just can't with Apa and his whiny voice. Plus he has no presence.

by Anonymousreply 6November 10, 2017 11:52 AM

[quote]"Who." When you use a relative pronoun referring to people, you need to use the word "who," not "what," idiot.

Pixy Stix Straws are objects included in the list as an option, and are not people, so "what" is actually in this context correct as "who" would not be.

Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 7November 10, 2017 6:20 PM

I'm surprised KJ Apa, who is so inexpressive, is getting so much love here; but of course it must be for his body which is so prominently featured in the show.

I'm glad Camilla Mendes is getting some love. She is absolutely excellent as Veronica.

by Anonymousreply 8November 10, 2017 6:21 PM

I didn’t even make the poll? I’m America’s sweetheart, you cunts.

by Anonymousreply 9November 10, 2017 7:01 PM

Betty, you DID make the poll! You are happily included in the category of "Other."

by Anonymousreply 10November 10, 2017 7:14 PM

People voting for KJ clearly don’t watch the show. He’s so uninteresting. It’s all about Veronica and Jughead.

by Anonymousreply 11November 10, 2017 8:49 PM

Well, actually, this season it's all about Betty too, but the actress who plays her isn't very memorable.

by Anonymousreply 12November 10, 2017 9:14 PM

Just started watching. Cole Sprouse is hot as shit.

by Anonymousreply 13November 29, 2017 6:51 AM

Sweet Pea repeatedly penetrating Jughead as part of the initiation.

by Anonymousreply 14November 29, 2017 6:58 AM

I want so suck on Jughead's smooth asshole.

by Anonymousreply 15November 29, 2017 10:48 AM

Is Jughead any less mopey and monotone this year?

by Anonymousreply 16December 6, 2017 7:37 PM

I'm still on Season 1 but why are there so many gingers in Riverdale and why don't they have any modern appliances like smart phones or computers?

by Anonymousreply 17December 6, 2017 7:41 PM

Fieldston is the very BEST part of Riverdale.

by Anonymousreply 18December 6, 2017 9:26 PM

I'm sure I've seen them use smartphones on the show.

by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2017 5:09 PM

I like the girl who plays Betty

by Anonymousreply 20December 9, 2017 12:12 AM

Betty is so much like the Andi character from Dawson's Creek. Its like the same person.

by Anonymousreply 21December 9, 2017 1:15 AM

I want Moose and Kevin to be together

by Anonymousreply 22December 9, 2017 1:21 AM

I think the casting of both Betty and Veronica is nail-on-the-head perfect. I read Archie comics and both of those actresses seem to have walked right out of the comic books even with the changes that were made. Betty is a girl next door by design, but I think the actress who plays her does it with just the right amount of knowing campiness.

by Anonymousreply 23January 25, 2018 1:06 AM

Lol putting women on DL polls. OP you are hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 24January 25, 2018 1:08 AM

I think the only things I dislike about the series is that Kevin Keller is such a collection of gay stereotypes that he is nothing more than that, and Reggie is supposed to be a major antagonist and he’s hardly ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 25January 25, 2018 1:12 AM

Kevin Keller/Casey Cott and Moose on the DL is my favourite story line.. Would love to see that happen.

by Anonymousreply 26January 25, 2018 1:18 AM

R26 It was hardly a storyline, just a little shiny object on the side of the road. I wish Kevin were more of a major B character like Cheryl or even her dead brother, but I don’t know if the role was very well cast. I’m not sure if it’s more the writing or the way Kevin is played, but he lacks any depth and has little charisma. I read Archie pre-Kevin, so I don’t know how integrated he is with the lives of the four leads in the comics. Cheryl was always a “special guest star” and kind of a foil to make Veronica seem a little more down to Earth. Even though Archie was the center of everything, he always seemed dense and kind of puppylike, just chasing girls and sports and being an ambitious underachiever. Betty and Veronica and their friendship always felt like the heart of the series to me.

by Anonymousreply 27January 25, 2018 11:33 AM

The best part is definitely not Mark Consuelos. Hot AF but damn he is a horrible actor.

by Anonymousreply 28February 2, 2018 3:59 AM

Hes a fine actor R28.

by Anonymousreply 29February 2, 2018 4:19 AM

Madchen and Madelaine bring some much needed camp to this mess. They should have been cast on Dynasty.

by Anonymousreply 30February 2, 2018 4:29 AM

I just watched the first three episodes of the original Twin Peaks...SO cute to see Madchen Ami so young! I didn’t know her at all until Riverdale.

I do love Riverdale. As an avid childhood Archie comics fan, it took some getting used to, but they’ve created a wickedly fun alternate universe.

I think someone here on DL asked where Riverdale is set in the US a while ago. I always wondered as a kid because in the comics, the neighborhoods have trees that look like middle America (definitely nowhere on the West Coast), yet the gang would take short drives to mountains for skiing, to the beach, to big cities, as if all were within a 30-60 minute trip. So I wrote to Archie Comics and their answer was that Riverdale is simply Riverdale, USA. It’s not in a state. BUT the comics were created and the company is still located in Mamaroneck, NY, and so that location influenced writers’ experiences, and it’s relatively close to lots of different types of terrain. But the bottomline is that Archie was intended to reflect any average, underachieving and girl-crazy teen boy, Betty every good girl, Veronica every vixen, Reggie every vixen, Jughead every slacker, and Riverdale is Anywhere, USA. The series has defined characters a lot more than the comics overall did. The thing I love about it though is that (true to the comics) all the kids are flawed, but all of them have really good intentions and try to be decent people against all odds (and hormones and social dynamics and parents).

by Anonymousreply 31February 2, 2018 11:11 PM

Just started watching and had to laugh -- half of Kevin Keller's lines are right off of DL.

KJ is hot but sooooo vacant.

by Anonymousreply 32February 4, 2018 11:36 AM

Lili Reinhart looks like someone else and I can't place it. Maybe Scarlett Johansson back during her Ghost World days?

by Anonymousreply 33February 4, 2018 11:39 AM

This is a show I can only watch with the sound off. So, KJ.

by Anonymousreply 34February 4, 2018 11:56 AM

KJ for me is the weak link of the show. He is a very odd choice for Archie Andrews, who was always a gawky, average teenager and not an Abercrombie model type, and KJ also just doesn’t have much (any) charisma or magnetism. It’s like they cast him because he has a (dime a dozen) worked out body (of a 25 year old, not a 16 year old), and then dyed his hair red. Archie Andrews in the comics is not a deep thinker in any respect, but he’s magnetic enough to be everyone’s friend. In the show, he’s a golem who seems to be there mainly to take off his clothes.

The casting of Betty and Veronica is PERFECT. Jughead is great considering the changes they made to the character. Dilton is good, if creepy.

I can’t assess how Kevin compares because he was introduced after I aged out of readibg the comics, but TBH I am disappointed with Kevin. By 2018, I would hope the token gay, if there has to be one, would be more than a collection of stereotypes, dick hunting and sassy bon mots. I can’t even tell if thw actor who plays Kevin is a good actor because the character is such a superficial all-purpose homo that all the actor can do with that is play a toned down version of Jack from Will and Grace.

by Anonymousreply 35February 4, 2018 12:08 PM

Oh and as a former Archie Comics fanatic, I do love that the teen characters use language beyond their years. That’s straight from the comics—classic movie-type sophisticated banter between characters (which translates to camp when spoken by high school students), vocabularies and literary references beyond their years. I loved that aspect of the comics because I always researched those references and got a pretty broad knowledge base as a result.

I also wonder how many viewers of the show pick up that it’s produced in such a way as to intentionally come across as an unrealistic comic book world. For example, Archie’s, Cheryl’s and her brother’s red hair are meant to look colored (comically), not as if they are actual redheads. Betty is intentionally dressed in silly All American naive-ingenue pink sweaters with hearts on them—that’s the comic book coming through. I respect that the show is overtly styled in such a way as to stand apart from reality.

by Anonymousreply 36February 4, 2018 12:15 PM

I get that the show wants to be camp, but they overdo it with Kevin. He sometimes sounds like the gay characters Robin Williams would do in his 80s stand-up, "Gurl those SHOES do not go with those PANTS!"

They overdo it with the constant cultural references and with Luke Perry and Madchen Amick too, but it's not about stereotypes in those cases, just lack of subtlety.

by Anonymousreply 37February 4, 2018 12:19 PM

R37 I agree with everything you said*, and for me, the greatest offenses are Kevin overall and the casting of Molly Ringwald as Archie’s mother. It was too forced. Her acting was terrible. And having cast her for that one-off cameo basically eliminated the possibility of making his mother a significant part of the plot, which seems like a huge sacrifice just to get Molly Ringwald onscreen for 10 minutes.

*Any cultural reference with Madchen Amick has gone right over my head.

by Anonymousreply 38February 4, 2018 12:23 PM

It's just that Riverdale is so self-consciously "Twin Peaks meets 90210" that half the time when you see either Perry or Amick on screen, you can just hear producers off camera going "See? See? Geddit?"

by Anonymousreply 39February 4, 2018 12:27 PM

R39 Meh, as a newcomer to Twin Peaks (just finished season one of the original series), I think Riverdale is an improvement from a storytelling standpoint. I am hoping season 2 of Twin Peaks will bring a little more sublime weirdness and intrigue because season one was like an eccentric Hardy Boys story. Riverdale is much more fun.

by Anonymousreply 40February 4, 2018 12:42 PM

This episode is the Twin Peaks-iest in terms of setting and music.

by Anonymousreply 41March 8, 2018 1:03 AM

the plots of that show is so bozo I cant bring myself to watch it even for the chicken...

by Anonymousreply 42March 8, 2018 1:08 AM

R42 It’s a comic book. Just go with it.

by Anonymousreply 43March 8, 2018 1:08 AM

COMIX IS FER RETARDS UNLESS THEY GOTS FRONTALS NUDITAY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 8, 2018 6:54 AM

Did anyone see Riverdale last night? It opened with a cameo of Andy fukkin Cohen. He played a friend of Hermione Lodge—Veronica’s mother, Hiram’s/Mark Consuelos’s wife. So it looks like Consuelos got his butt buddy Andy an acting gig, and Andy was baaaaaaaad. He really did seem like Paul Lynde if Paul Lynde couldn’t read lines, and he has the same coked-up nervous energy he always has on Bravo. It did not work in the context of the show at all. The premise was bizarre, too: Betty’s father was writing a newspaper story about Hermione Lodge running for mayor of Riverdale, and so Andy Cohen materialized beside Hermione, the mob moll, to say “I can’t think of a better mayor for Riverdale than Hermione Lodge!” And that was all. It seems Andy flew into Riverdale, drove to the Lodge mansion to meet a reporter and endorse a mafia wife to be a small-town mayor.

I like how bizarre the show is, but that was just really fucking lame.

by Anonymousreply 45March 22, 2018 11:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!