Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Adopted teen sets house on fire and kills gay dad

They should have adopted pugs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91December 8, 2020 12:45 AM

Facebook page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 8, 2017 2:42 AM

More details.

Sounds like Junior had been threatening to kill everyone for a while.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 8, 2017 2:44 AM

The teen had been threatening to kill them to get a cell next to his birth father in prison.

Now, why couldn't he have tried to rob a bank.

by Anonymousreply 3November 8, 2017 2:53 AM

How old was this teen when they adopted him? Did Miss Thing think she was Arnold from torch Song Trilogy? I bet my bottom dollar there have been many "incidents" with this kid since the day they brought him into their home.

by Anonymousreply 4November 8, 2017 2:59 AM

I'm here to tell you: please don't adopt children. You are inviting a sociopath to have complete control of your life for 18 years. These men probably wish they could have given this monster back, but the State makes that almost completely impossible, and now one of them is dead. Please leave the turds in the punch bowl and don't take the chance.

by Anonymousreply 5November 8, 2017 3:06 AM

So the kid thought he could be in the room next to his father, as if he ran the prison system and could pick his own prison and cell and companions there? FAS.

After all the love and effort they poured into him, they were only good for one thing: to be burned alive so he could step over their dead bodies to get to his REAL father, who’s a worthless piece of shit that has never done anything for him. And who probably threw him away. The only way he could’ve got near his disinterested father was to be forcibly locked in a room with him. Meanwhile, people who actually loved him and cared for him deserved to be burned alive to make it happen.

I’m sorry, but many adopted kids are absolutely obsessed with finding their loser parents and don’t form attachments to the adoptive parents no matter what they do. And Russian FAS kids are worse than many. Complete psychopaths.

by Anonymousreply 6November 8, 2017 5:39 AM

Grease fire??

by Anonymousreply 7November 8, 2017 5:42 AM

Hershey Highway 'marriage' is insane, what do you expect?

by Anonymousreply 8November 8, 2017 5:50 AM

Told you he was hardcore.

by Anonymousreply 9November 8, 2017 5:53 AM

Grim.

by Anonymousreply 10November 8, 2017 5:53 AM

Meh, kids bio or adopted kill their parents all the time, and vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 11November 8, 2017 5:55 AM

Sad, but here's hoping it gives Dan and Terry's son some ideas.

by Anonymousreply 12November 8, 2017 6:00 AM

This is why there should be a grace period of one year with adoptions. That way if the parents find something defective with the little spawn, they can ship him right back.

by Anonymousreply 13November 8, 2017 6:04 AM

[quote]Meh, kids bio or adopted kill their parents all the time, and vice versa.

Much, MUCH higher percentage of serious problems with adopted kids.

by Anonymousreply 14November 8, 2017 6:09 AM

[quote]This is why there should be a grace period of one year with adoptions

They can be angels until they are in their teens. What then?

by Anonymousreply 15November 8, 2017 6:10 AM

I never cry at news stories, but this one just did me in.

Looking at Jason's Facebook page- there's a picture of the 16 year old snuggling with one of the dogs- there were cute comments from Jason and his friends. "Phobie loves Jordan" And this was posted on October 31st, a week ago.

Why does is this unspeakably horrible stuff happen? What is the fucking purpose? I can't even fathom talking about adoption being bad, this story is just so very sad and terrible. Why do young men have to be so sociopathic? I was. Not to this extent, of course, but I was very selfish, and didn't really start caring about other people until my late '20s. Why do humans have to be so flawed?

by Anonymousreply 16November 8, 2017 6:11 AM

[quote]Why do young men have to be so sociopathic?

I imagine there is a lot of mental instability and trauma with adopted kids. Basically you're buying something that could be spoiled.

by Anonymousreply 17November 8, 2017 6:13 AM

Reminds me of last week's episode of Modern Family. Anybody see it? Mitch and Cam's gay friend, Pepper (Nathan Lane), and his bf adopted a boy.

by Anonymousreply 18November 8, 2017 6:15 AM

The couple met online in 2014 and already had three kids. Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 19November 8, 2017 6:15 AM

Because adopted kids always feel like throw aways deep down. No matter how much the adoptive family loves them.

by Anonymousreply 20November 8, 2017 6:15 AM

Ahhhh, okay. So they adopted a teenager? Never a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 21November 8, 2017 6:17 AM

How on earth did these two, who have only been together for 3 years, get to the head of the line to adopt a white infant? When they already had two kids? Something's fishy.

by Anonymousreply 22November 8, 2017 6:20 AM

Which one died?

by Anonymousreply 23November 8, 2017 6:21 AM

[quote]How on earth did these two, who have only been together for 3 years, get to the head of the line to adopt a white infant?

Perhaps, it was private adoption, or the birth mother selected them. They knew her. She was family. . . there are quite a few reasons.

by Anonymousreply 24November 8, 2017 6:47 AM

Well, then birth mother is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 25November 8, 2017 7:16 AM

That Facebook account has so many photos of the poor dogs. Breaks my heart. I feel terrible for the other dad, and I hope the scumbag teen is locked up forever.

by Anonymousreply 26November 8, 2017 7:20 AM

[quote]Because adopted kids always feel like throw aways deep down. No matter how much the adoptive family loves them.

I sho’ hate it. I REALLY do. But there’s NO WAY in hell I would adopt a child---especially a teenager. And the minute he threatened to kill everyone in my house, I’d walk his ass to this room, help that little bastard pack his shit and drop him back off at the adoption office.

…..and he better hope they’re still open.

by Anonymousreply 27November 8, 2017 11:03 AM

But we must think abut childrennnnnnnnnnnnnnn

by Anonymousreply 28November 8, 2017 11:52 AM

Spacey is lucky that his chickenhawk days are over. He'd scorn some star-struck 14yo and the little fucker would burn down his Penthouse with him in it!

by Anonymousreply 29November 8, 2017 11:56 AM

If innocent little four legged citizens were murdered then he deserves to be tortured to death

by Anonymousreply 30November 8, 2017 1:17 PM

I worked with a social worker who had the proverbial *heart of gold*. Fostered troubled kids and what not. He finally adopted one of the more troubled ones at 13/14. The kid was in and out of juvie / drugs you name it. One day the police come to his door. He's down at the hospital in ICU. In a drug haze the kid (now 18) had walked straight into an on-going bus. They had to re-attach the spine from the inside. The kid now spends all day watching cartoons on the couch. Dad says he's having the childhood he never had.

by Anonymousreply 31November 8, 2017 1:29 PM

Dear friends of mine in Tampa adopted a beautiful little Russian girl at 2 years old. This couple is one of the most true ,loving christian people Ive ever met. And that little girl was satan incarnate. Long story short,shes doing 25 years in prison for cutting an old mans throat while robbing him,and they are raising her 3 biracial kids (that she had before she was 19) who have their own problems. That little bitch broke them financially as well as emotionally,yet they STILL are loving people. Broke ones,but loving.

by Anonymousreply 32November 8, 2017 3:18 PM

Yeah the teens are just a bad risk. The bio kids of this mom witnessed her brutal fucking murder and will never be the same either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 8, 2017 3:21 PM

[quote]They should have adopted pugs.

Or a dog that doesn't stink to high heaven like a pug. :)

by Anonymousreply 34November 8, 2017 3:25 PM

Hey, my pug don't stink. And if I read the Facebook post of Oct. 30 correctly the dad who died was undergoing chemo for cancer at the time of his murder? Horrendous.

by Anonymousreply 35November 8, 2017 3:46 PM

No good deed goes unpunished.

by Anonymousreply 36November 8, 2017 3:56 PM

[quote]So the kid thought he could be in the room next to his father, as if he ran the prison system and could pick his own prison and cell and companions there?

He's obviously emotionally troubled and he's a teenager, and every teenager is an idiot. You can't apply logic to their thinking.

Also, kids who have been abandoned frequently have defense mechanisms that manifest as "I wasn't abandoned, I'm being KEPT from my dad who loves me and wants me near him." It's not logical but these are kids who don't have critical thinking skills and were treated like shit by the very people supposed to care for them.

All that said, this little shit needs to be in prison for life. It's entirely his bio parents' fault (or at least the dad's) so I feel sorry for him, but he's also very obviously a danger to himself and others and needs to be put away.

by Anonymousreply 37November 8, 2017 4:03 PM

Are there any adoption success stories anymore?

by Anonymousreply 38November 8, 2017 5:38 PM

r38, the Chinese baby girls are the only success stories I know of. They are well cared for in the orphanages and most are adopted by 2 years old.

by Anonymousreply 39November 8, 2017 5:44 PM

R34, you in danger gurl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 8, 2017 6:28 PM

I have a cousin who was adopted in Peru, her mother a one-legged whore (no lie) with crutches was asking around if anyone wanted a baby girl as if she were a puppy. My aunt accepted, the girl now a teen obviously looks nothing like my aunt and uncle and is beginning to question why that is. She is an ungrateful little cunt , very argumentative who would have never left her tin shack if it weren't for my aunt bringing her to NY. She acts like she is better than everyone and only likes clothes that are brand names.

by Anonymousreply 41November 9, 2017 6:59 PM

I think people are starting to understand that DNA has lots more to do with personality than they used to realize.

Back in the 50’s day 60’s, people were adopting healthy children of unwed mothers, because abortion was illegal, drug use was much more rare, and it wasn’t common for young teens and young women to be heavy drinkers. So adoptable babies were generally healthy, there were more of them, and people thought as long as the adoptive parents were decent, the kids would be too. So why not adopt?

Now, many more adoptable children are either born of addicted mothers, or up for adoption due to severe child abuse and neglect that traumatized them. And people are starting to realize that the epidemic of learning disabled and acting out kids probably has something to do with the mother’s drug use.

In my sister’s family, her ex husband was a motorcycle racer. He died young and didn’t have much to do with his grandkids. Two of them, in two different families, are crazy about motorcycles and one is a motorcycle racer. Their parents aren’t, the grandkids barely met grandpa, long after his racing days were over.

Other kids in the family are artists, suffer from depression (Grandma), or take after other family members they never met. One girl even talks just like her great-grandmother, who died before she was born. She has literally been using the same phrases as her Great-Grandma since she was a toddler. It was creepy when she was little. Her mother barely knew Great Grandma, so she didn’t get it from her. Now she posts on Instagram with the exact same attitude and speaking style as GG. We don’t tell her.

If someone told me, how would you like a rapist’s baby, I’d run.

by Anonymousreply 42November 9, 2017 7:23 PM

R41 you sound like a dick.

[quote]My aunt accepted, the girl now a teen obviously looks nothing like my aunt and uncle and is beginning to question why that is.

And you're seriously going to fault her for this? Most people who adopt outside of their race are open and honest about it early on to prevent this. Why doesn't your aunt just set the facts straight with the girl?

[quote]She is an ungrateful little cunt , very argumentative who would have never left her tin shack if it weren't for my aunt bringing her to NY. She acts like she is better than everyone and only likes clothes that are brand names.

In other words, she's a normal teenage girl.

by Anonymousreply 43November 9, 2017 7:38 PM

R32 Google "Russian adoption horror stories."

There are MANY cases similar to that one, all involving children from Soviet Bloc countries. I think there has even been research done on the topic.

Remember that Russian boy who was returned less than a year after he was adopted? There was Internet furor and everyone was making the woman out to be the villain (I remember even online news articles were using partial language such as, "returned like a defective TV." So much for journalistic objectivity) but apparently the kid was violently psychotic, and the single adoptive mother was terrified of him.

The fact that this is so common leads me to believe that the adoption agencies in Russia are purposely using the stupid bleeding heart Americans to rid themselves of their most problematic children. Maybe all the normal ones are reserved for adoption by other Russians only.

by Anonymousreply 44November 9, 2017 8:35 PM

Didn't Rosie O'Donnell return a kid who was hiding food under the couch?

Judging from her wayward daughter- maybe she kept the wrong one.

by Anonymousreply 45November 9, 2017 10:10 PM

R44, when Russian adoptions were popular, there were some articles that said Russians were dumping the most damaged kids on American parents. But maybe the Russian adoptive parents checked it out more because they knew how messed up some of the kids were.

by Anonymousreply 46November 9, 2017 10:40 PM

Yes 42, the old nature vs. nurture argument. We know now its like 75% nature and 25% nurture, you cannot fix that which inherently broken.

by Anonymousreply 47November 9, 2017 10:41 PM

Why does everyone want kids, to me one of the nice things about being gay is never having to be bogged down by kids. But I know many people don't feel that way.

Dogs are definitely better.

by Anonymousreply 48November 10, 2017 4:05 PM

r44, the lady in that case put the kid, who was little, like 7 or 8, on a plane back to Russia by himself, with a note pinned to his jacket. That was what all the brouhaha was about. IIRC, Russia stopped American adoptions for a period after that.

Foster-to-adopt is probably the safest way to go in the US. You become a foster parent and have the kid for a solid period of time before committing to adopt.

by Anonymousreply 49November 10, 2017 4:32 PM

Hasn't it been verified that Putin is only allowing adoption from Russia of those who are mentally or physically ill?

by Anonymousreply 50November 10, 2017 4:44 PM

Anyone remember the thread on that creepy, psychotic 12-year-old girl that was on Dr. Phil? The one who would take baby birds out of the nest and squeeze their guts out?

The word "sociopath" is thrown out willy-nilly nowadays, especially here on DL, but that girl was a legitimate, textbook case. Watching her was one of the creepiest things ever, you could practically see the gears turning constantly, plotting the next move.

Anyway, they never stated on the show that she was adopted, but I remember she had an exotic-sounding name and distinct look, and some DL-ers theorized that she was adopted from Eastern Europe.

Btw, the American lady who sent the Russian boy back was forced by a judge to pay something like 100 grand in child support. Being stuck with one of those little monsters sounds like a fate worse than death.

by Anonymousreply 51November 11, 2017 12:08 AM

Those that aren't violent have learning disabilities and anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 52November 11, 2017 1:21 AM

If you go on the currently active "Alcoholism in Russia" thread, its clear to see why adopted kids from Russia are such nightmares. They are severely damaged.

by Anonymousreply 53November 11, 2017 1:23 AM

I am surprised adopting agencies don't do psych evaluations on all the children before they give the kids away.

by Anonymousreply 54November 11, 2017 1:32 AM

When women can't conceive, they'll adopt anything to cement their marriage.

by Anonymousreply 55November 11, 2017 2:59 AM

Saint Angelina would never return one of her adoptees!!

by Anonymousreply 56November 11, 2017 7:23 AM

It's been known for centuries that adopted children habitually start fires.

by Anonymousreply 57November 11, 2017 7:26 AM

[quote]When women can't conceive, they'll adopt anything to cement their marriage.

This story is about two gay men who adopted "anything".

by Anonymousreply 58November 11, 2017 7:40 AM

Tv report

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59November 11, 2017 2:22 PM

I'm one of three adopted children (not from Russia ) and I can vouch for the nature rules nurture. When we all met our respective biological families we were so much like them it was uncanny. None of us are like our adoptive parents, which was sad and hard for them because they are simple, kind people who definitely did not know how to handle a complex situation like multiple adoptions. My adoptive mother still laments they "We bought you all ups the same and you're nothing alike". She genuinely has no understanding why that might be.

What I think gets missed is that people inherit the way they see the world from their biological parents/families. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad so adopting a child really is s game of Russian( sorry!) Roulette , It's not as simple as "all they need is love" type bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 60November 19, 2017 5:46 AM

I’m nothing like my parents. Maybe I’m adopted.

by Anonymousreply 61November 19, 2017 6:17 AM

i would never adopt unless I knew the birth parents and they were good people. And I certainly would never adopt a teen unless it were some kind of family thing, like my brother's kid or something.

by Anonymousreply 62November 19, 2017 6:17 AM

Adopted here, when I was a baby. My siblings and I are very different and see the world a lot differently. Never really thought it might be biological, but that is an interesting idea.

by Anonymousreply 63November 19, 2017 8:00 AM

Would like to hear more from R60. Are you close to your adoptive parents and each other? Are there strong bonds and love? How old were all of you when you were adopted? Have you and your siblings bonded more with your bio families more since meeting them?

I am one of five siblings, none adopted. All born of and raised by the same two parents.. We all see the world very differently too. So we had the same genetics AND the same environment. Maybe we inherited different temperaments from different relatives.

by Anonymousreply 64November 19, 2017 8:11 AM

[quote]The two met online in 2014 and eventually started a family via adoption, with the assistance of Indianapolis attorney Grant Kirsh. The clients quickly became his close friends, he said.

WTF? Who gives there kids to a couple who just met three years ago?

by Anonymousreply 65November 19, 2017 8:18 AM

^^three kids

by Anonymousreply 66November 19, 2017 8:18 AM

R5 and R32. I think you're right.

The same thing happened to two families I know. They thought they were doing the right thing but the resultant disasters now make me see them as 'Virtue-Signallers'.

by Anonymousreply 67November 19, 2017 8:57 AM

(R64) We're not close at all. And that means everyone. We were all adopted from different parents at and were under 3 months old. My brother and sister met their bio parents and for one reason or another it didn't work out. However, when I met my parents it was like I found the missing pieces of my life. I am so much like my father because we fundamentally see the world the same way. I'm definitely more involved with my bio siblings than I am with my adopted siblings. Not all, but a couple of them, simple because we are so much alike. My adopted brother and I don't really speak. Not any great rift, we just never really got along and he does his thing and I do mine with the odd call about once a year. My adopted sister committed suicide early this year after battling depression, anxiety and multiple sclerosis for many years. In one of the last conversations we had she told me that she was happy that I'd found my family because she never felt she really belonged anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 68November 19, 2017 9:56 AM

A sad story. The two dads had love to give to society, money, and space in their home. The kid needed a home and guidance. On paper, it's a win-win situation. But it often goes terribly wrong. Even if you adopt a kid as a baby. I don't know what the answer is. Keeping kids in foster homes seems to be not much better, and some kids are abused under those circumstances. I often wonder if we should reinstate orphanages.

by Anonymousreply 69November 19, 2017 4:24 PM

This thread is garbage. I've been with my parents since I was a week old (early 30s). Are there things I wish they'd done differently? Yeah. Did I have issues related to being adopted? Of course. Am I different from my parents? In many ways. But I also see how they shaped me and the parts of my personality that definitely come from them. I love my family and would definitely consider us a success story, even with our bumps in the road.

Shitty parents and shitty kids, abuse and murder, happen in all kinds of families.

by Anonymousreply 70November 19, 2017 7:59 PM

R70 Sorry you had to read all the garbage. Some adopted kids turn out bad, some bio kids turn out bad.

by Anonymousreply 71November 20, 2017 4:25 AM

I knew a gay couple who adopted a nine year old from Colombia. The kid was great. He since Finished college on a soccer scholarship. Says his dads “saved” him.

by Anonymousreply 72February 17, 2018 10:05 PM

This is an old story but there seem to be so many stories out there of adopted children either freezing out their adoptive parents when they become adults, or turning the house upside down with their mental problems. I wish the media would be more honest about the darker side of adoption . Many of these situations fail .

by Anonymousreply 73April 30, 2019 1:04 AM

Waiting for Mike and Mother Pence to comment.

by Anonymousreply 74April 30, 2019 1:25 AM

R48 Agreed. American culture is now pushing the white picket fence and kids for everyone mentality on gay's as well.

by Anonymousreply 75May 1, 2019 1:14 AM

adopted children start fires, everyone knows that.

by Anonymousreply 76December 7, 2020 9:01 PM

R70, it’s wonderful that you had an overall positive experience as an adopted child. You sound like a reasonable person with a healthy perspective.

I know a few adopted people who would say much the same as you. My good friend who gave her adopted parents hell when she was a teen, but she’s a fantastic and grateful human.

It’s a crapshoot. I know wonderful parents who have two great kids and one horrible criminal. And terrible people who have turned out good kids.

by Anonymousreply 77December 7, 2020 9:26 PM

Adopting from China and Korea is safe. They are all healthy girls who are abandoned simply because they are female. Their moms are almost all just normal women pressured to give up their female babies only because of cultural pressure to have a male child.

Parents adopting from Russia where getting kids who were products of incest/victims of abuse/witnesses to horrible domestic violence/fetal alcohol syndrome kids,etc. Very disturbed children.

by Anonymousreply 78December 7, 2020 9:33 PM

r72, it's almost like people's personalities are different

by Anonymousreply 79December 7, 2020 9:36 PM

r78, wtf are you talking about? South Korea has never had a one child policy, nor have women been pressured to give up there female child. Also, plenty of babies there are given up for adoption are by poor women/prostitutes/alkies or drug addicts.

Conflating the two countries shows your ignorance. I lived and worked in Korea, and volunteered with various charities.

by Anonymousreply 80December 7, 2020 9:39 PM

*their

by Anonymousreply 81December 7, 2020 9:40 PM

Oh fuck off then, world ambassador at R80.

by Anonymousreply 82December 7, 2020 9:40 PM

[quote] adopted children start fires, everyone knows that.

For this inane comment you bumped a thread from 18 months ago?!

by Anonymousreply 83December 7, 2020 9:42 PM

Clearly the couple never saw this movie:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84December 7, 2020 10:02 PM

Recall reading an interview with parents who were raising a large number of adopted children, originally from Russia, after their original American families couldn't handle their severe emotional problems. One 8-year-old girl went to the bathroom on the floor. Her mother and grandmother had just taken her shopping, then to the beach, and later in the week to Disneyland.

The couple lived on a horse farm and spoke some Russian. Young children were definitely not spoiled but expected to do hours of chores just like they had done in their orphanage from the time that they could talk. Intensive emotional therapy, much of it with the farm's horses and animals, broke through a lot of past barriers with inability to relate to adults.

by Anonymousreply 85December 7, 2020 10:34 PM

If a Chinese man tragically loses his only son adoption of another child is not considered a viable option. Why? The view that he doesn't really know the family history or exactly where the baby or older child came from. That's their point of view.

by Anonymousreply 86December 7, 2020 10:36 PM

R78

Sure, Jan. Like that one Korean child Mia Farrow adopted who went on to fuck Mia's partner at age 17 and then turn her back on Mia.

Soon-Yi Previn.

by Anonymousreply 87December 7, 2020 10:54 PM

R76 and R77 are bump bitches.

by Anonymousreply 88December 7, 2020 11:33 PM

I'm glad is not that gay couple that adopted a 16-year-old on Zoom.

The Blossombottoms or Butterbeans orsomething like that

by Anonymousreply 89December 8, 2020 12:17 AM

I thought it was them at first, as well, R89.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90December 8, 2020 12:26 AM

I won't even wear second hand clothes - no way in hell I'm taking someone's sloppy seconds child!

by Anonymousreply 91December 8, 2020 12:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!