Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Celebrities who are likely psychopathic

We certainly have enough of them in the news lately: Donald Trump, Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey. All of them persistently antisocial, with impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits; cold and calculating, and sometimes even charming; callous and manipulative.

Who else would you think fits this bill among celebrities? I would guess:

Mel Gibson

Roseanne Barr

Sean Penn

Madonna

O.J. (of course)

by Anonymousreply 87December 13, 2018 2:19 AM

Jeremy Renner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 6, 2017 3:30 AM

Donnie Trump Jr.

Eric Trump

by Anonymousreply 2November 6, 2017 3:38 AM

Alec Baldwin. No doubt.

by Anonymousreply 3November 6, 2017 3:39 AM

Madonna? Really? She's been 30 years in the business, hardly drinks, does not take drugs, raises children, never been in rehab. Hardly sounds like a psychopath to me.

by Anonymousreply 4November 6, 2017 3:39 AM

Kathy Griffin most likely.

by Anonymousreply 5November 6, 2017 3:40 AM

[quote]She's been 30 years in the business, hardly drinks, does not take drugs, raises children, never been in rehab. Hardly sounds like a psychopath to me.

The same is true of Trump, and you didn't defend his name being on this list.

by Anonymousreply 6November 6, 2017 3:41 AM

[quote] She's been 30 years in the business, hardly drinks, does not take drugs, raises children, never been in rehab. Hardly sounds like a psychopath to me.

You could say practically the same things about John List before he murdered his wife and children.

Being a psychopath has nothing whatsoever to do with drinking or taking drugs, or with not having children.

by Anonymousreply 7November 6, 2017 3:42 AM

Some of the ones you named are not psychopaths but sociopaths. Psychopaths can control themselves better, can fake decency when they need to, can go many years pulling the wool over people. People like Trump and Weinstein are more likely sociopaths who were protected by the industry. Kevin Spacey may be a psychopath, maybe Madonna-she has some characteristics.

by Anonymousreply 8November 6, 2017 3:46 AM

Dustin Hoffman

by Anonymousreply 9November 6, 2017 3:48 AM

Madonna strikes me as more of a narcissist than a sociopath, although you can have traits of more than one personality disorder at a time

by Anonymousreply 10November 6, 2017 3:48 AM

Trump and List might be a lot of things but neither is/was a psychopath. Get over it.

So List killed his entire family. He thought of all of the angles and finally decided, since he was going bankrupt and would have to sell the house, and lose his position in his church, to kill his family and start over again. It's not like he went on a killing binge afterward for the rest of his life. He started anew and did a pretty damn good job with the rest of his life. He was selfish, that is all.

Trump is just an egotistical, serial lying fool.

Madonna? She's tenacious, cunning, smart and talented. A psycho? Really? Let's dispense with the over-reaching terms here.

by Anonymousreply 11November 6, 2017 3:53 AM

How is Roseanne a psychopath? Psychotic, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 12November 6, 2017 3:55 AM

Tori Spelling is pretty damn fucked up from looking in the mirror at THAT face every fucking day.

by Anonymousreply 13November 6, 2017 3:59 AM

Rosie O'Donnell is supposed to be like split personality -- at least till she came out. She was apparently Ms. Nice on her tv show and unbelievably difficult backstage.

by Anonymousreply 14November 6, 2017 4:02 AM

I own this thread bitches

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 6, 2017 4:10 AM

Another "Let's pick on the gays" thread.

by Anonymousreply 16November 6, 2017 4:14 AM

I Ignored the Madonna Stan who thinks Trump (!!!) and John List (!!!!) are/were not psychopaths.

by Anonymousreply 17November 6, 2017 4:15 AM

It could be more interesting to observe a strict definition of psychopathy and come up with some good examples instead of just listing random calculating, selfish assholes and/or sociopaths.

by Anonymousreply 18November 6, 2017 4:19 AM

[quote]Another "Let's pick on the gays" thread.

I came in here expecting nothing but gay and lesbian celebrities but so far, this thread has not been homophobic. It is early, however.

But, that’s how this place is now. Multiple people think the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 19November 6, 2017 4:20 AM

Taylor Swift

by Anonymousreply 20November 6, 2017 4:21 AM

Ok, here is the dictionary definition:

"a mental disorder in which an individual manifests amoral and antisocial behavior, lack of ability to love or establish meaningful personal relationships, extreme egocentricity, failure to learn from experience, etc."

And that does indeed exactly fit:

Donald Trump

Harvey Weinstein

Kevin Spacey

Wikipedia provides almost exactly the same definition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 6, 2017 4:27 AM

[quote] So List killed his entire family. He thought of all of the angles and finally decided, since he was going bankrupt and would have to sell the house, and lose his position in his church, to kill his family and start over again. It's not like he went on a killing binge afterward for the rest of his life. He started anew and did a pretty damn good job with the rest of his life. He was selfish, that is all.

You make it sound like it was okay he just murdered his wife and children.

"Well, he killed his entire family once, but at least he didn't do it a second time! Call it just a mild character flaw!"

by Anonymousreply 22November 6, 2017 4:30 AM

James Woods

by Anonymousreply 23November 6, 2017 4:33 AM

[quote] Another "Let's pick on the gays" thread.

One gay person has been mentioned on this entire thread.

Everyone else has been heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 24November 6, 2017 4:35 AM

[quote]"a mental disorder in which an individual manifests amoral and antisocial behavior, lack of ability to love or establish meaningful personal relationships, extreme egocentricity, failure to learn from experience, etc."

In other words ladies and gentleman, Mr. Woody Allen!

by Anonymousreply 25November 6, 2017 4:36 AM

Amy Poehler

Dawn Wells

Ed McMahon

Edna May Oliver

by Anonymousreply 26November 6, 2017 4:39 AM

Psychopaths are huge liars. So, whoever is known to have told some real whoppers, is a possible.

by Anonymousreply 27November 6, 2017 4:41 AM

andy dick

by Anonymousreply 28November 6, 2017 4:42 AM

Basically the same traits. Psychopaths just more extreme with no conscience and sociopaths with a teeny tiny widdle conscience that doesn't really affect its behavior anyway.

Trying to analyze who and who isn't when you don't know them is ridiculous. Are you just naming celebs you don't like?

by Anonymousreply 29November 6, 2017 4:44 AM

[quote] Psychopaths are huge liars. So, whoever is known to have told some real whoppers, is a possible.

That lets off me! I never lie.

by Anonymousreply 30November 6, 2017 4:45 AM

r29 Since OP says "likely", it is just based on what we see of them, an opinion. No one is saying anything definitively.

by Anonymousreply 31November 6, 2017 4:47 AM

i wonder why r29 is so touchy about this topic!

by Anonymousreply 32November 6, 2017 4:48 AM

Ooooooo. Cause I'm a real psychopath coming to get you, R32.

Boo!

by Anonymousreply 33November 6, 2017 4:50 AM

“Homophobia! Homophobia!”

by Anonymousreply 34November 6, 2017 4:51 AM

Tom Cruise and his alter-ego David Miss-Cabbage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 6, 2017 4:53 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 6, 2017 4:56 AM

Jolie

by Anonymousreply 37November 6, 2017 4:57 AM

Robert Blake

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 6, 2017 5:01 AM

Hillary Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 39November 6, 2017 5:02 AM

Mel Gibson is bipolar.

by Anonymousreply 40November 6, 2017 5:07 AM

R4 go to the U.K. and see if Rocco or Guy Ritchie agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 41November 6, 2017 5:09 AM

R8 has confused psychopath for sociopaths. Psychopaths are very agressive and unstable, sociopaths will mimic certain "human" behaviors to fit in as long as "fitting in" adheres to their agenda. A sociopath will pick a personality and BE that.

by Anonymousreply 42November 6, 2017 5:14 AM

OP is just a twerp thowing around words he has no clue as to their definition..

by Anonymousreply 43November 6, 2017 5:44 AM

Leonardo DiCaprio.

by Anonymousreply 44November 6, 2017 5:51 AM

How so, R44?

by Anonymousreply 45November 6, 2017 5:54 AM

Angelina Jolie .

by Anonymousreply 46November 6, 2017 5:55 AM

Jennifer Lawrence

Taylor Swift

by Anonymousreply 47November 6, 2017 6:01 AM

Fassbender

by Anonymousreply 48November 6, 2017 6:03 AM

Diane Keaton, Josh Lucas, Tina Turner...she seriously fucked Ike over big time, she's not the zen master she makes herself out to be. Add JTT to the list.

by Anonymousreply 49November 6, 2017 6:05 AM

Adele

by Anonymousreply 50November 6, 2017 6:06 AM

Tony Blair

by Anonymousreply 51November 6, 2017 6:06 AM

Sienna Guillory

by Anonymousreply 52November 6, 2017 6:07 AM

HRC

by Anonymousreply 53November 6, 2017 6:08 AM

Christina Aguilera

by Anonymousreply 54November 6, 2017 6:09 AM

Katy Perry

by Anonymousreply 55November 6, 2017 6:09 AM

Justin Timberlake

by Anonymousreply 56November 6, 2017 6:14 AM

Leo DiCaprio.

by Anonymousreply 57November 6, 2017 6:18 AM

Betty White

by Anonymousreply 58November 6, 2017 7:15 AM

Winona Ryder

by Anonymousreply 59November 6, 2017 7:26 AM

Mrs. Garrett

by Anonymousreply 60November 6, 2017 7:31 AM

Hillary Clinton

by Anonymousreply 61November 6, 2017 7:31 AM

Mr. Hanky

by Anonymousreply 62November 6, 2017 7:32 AM

Sharon Stone.

Mensa, the stroke, the pussy Esterhaz incident...she's told some whoppers in her day.

by Anonymousreply 63November 6, 2017 8:12 AM

Prince Philip.

by Anonymousreply 64November 6, 2017 8:38 AM

Why are people saying DiCaprio? He's a damn environmentalist, and I've never heard of a psychopath being into nature. Psychopaths are self-serving, they wouldn't care about saving the earth.

by Anonymousreply 65November 6, 2017 8:46 AM

Some if you are confusing possible psychopaths with possible (undoubtedly) narcissists. Not all personality disorders are the sane!

While evil fuckballs like Weinstein and Spacey nay we'll be sociopaths or psychopaths, it's much more typical for celebrities to have symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder, or in some cases borderline personality disorder. I'd put Madonna, Jolie, Sharon Stone, Mel Gibson, Taylor Seift, and just about every other entertainer you ever heard of.

by Anonymousreply 66November 6, 2017 11:43 AM

Miss Cleo was very good psychopathic.

by Anonymousreply 67November 6, 2017 12:28 PM

Madonna is a text book example of a narcissist. Trump a malignant narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 68November 6, 2017 12:54 PM

It's weird seeing a narcissist growing older - how they handle it.

by Anonymousreply 69November 6, 2017 3:37 PM

Cher

by Anonymousreply 70November 6, 2017 3:58 PM

Jack Nicholson

by Anonymousreply 71November 6, 2017 4:05 PM

R49 JTT as in, Jonathan Taylor-Thomas? Our very own qwerty? Surely that can't be. One of us would have noticed.

by Anonymousreply 72November 6, 2017 4:48 PM

R1 I'm just astounded that Hawkeye can play the piano and sing well. Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 73November 6, 2017 4:49 PM

Wayne Newton

by Anonymousreply 74November 6, 2017 4:50 PM

[quote] OP is just a twerp thowing around words he has no clue as to their definition..

On the contrary, his definition accords pretty exactly with wikipedia's. It was probably taken from there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75November 6, 2017 4:54 PM

from the wikipedia page on "psychopathy":

[quote] Psychopathy, sometimes considered synonymous with sociopathy, is traditionally defined as a personality disorder[1] characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits. Different conceptions of psychopathy have been used throughout history. These conceptions are only partly overlapping and may sometimes be contradictory.[2]

by Anonymousreply 76November 6, 2017 4:54 PM

Most extremely successful and aggressive business CEOs are. Steve Jobs was probably one.

by Anonymousreply 77November 6, 2017 10:58 PM

A lot of the people listed here are Narcissists or have Bipolar issues (possibly concurrent to underlying narcissism or other psych issues or even substance abuse which can further mask other conditions/diagnosis). Let me add one here though for Narcissist Supreme: Kris Jenner.

by Anonymousreply 78November 6, 2017 11:06 PM

Vince McMahon Jnr. has to be a narcissist at the very least, and probably that comorbid with something else nasty & dangerous. He manages to charm investors & workers into joining his exploitative company nonetheless? Perhaps that's sociopathic..

Iirc one of the former/recently retired top stars in WWE mentioned in one shoot interview that Vince "gets off on the fear" his employees have of him and loves firing people or dressing them down in public.

Then again, what's one bent straw atop a haystack full of them? The wrestling business is a full barrel of carnies anyway, they likely wouldn't stand for a leader with a semblance of normalcy (Shane, this is why you aren't inheriting shit).

by Anonymousreply 79November 6, 2017 11:22 PM

R65 Yes, they are very self-serving, and right again, LD probably doesn't care about "saving the earth." Volunteer work is where they find some of their best victims.

by Anonymousreply 80November 6, 2017 11:23 PM

Among mental health experts, the terms 'psychopathy' and 'sociopathy' are often used interchangeably. According to them not much difference between the two.

by Anonymousreply 81November 6, 2017 11:36 PM

No one has said Christian Bale? Definitely Christian Bale. There is a lot of crazy behind those eyes, there is a reason American Psycho was his best performance.

by Anonymousreply 82November 7, 2017 12:22 AM

OK, fine, Leonardo DiCaprio, but could somebody explain why? I don’t enjoy his acting, I just haven’t heard anything psychopathic about him yet.

by Anonymousreply 83November 7, 2017 12:26 AM

My brother was a stunt body-double for Joe Pesci and later for Quentin Tarantino. He shared some stories that took place during the filming and various shoots and and it sure sounded to me like both of them are definitely psychopaths. Or maybe sociopaths.

by Anonymousreply 84November 7, 2017 12:27 AM

Kat von D. Deeply creepy sociopathic personality.

by Anonymousreply 85December 12, 2018 8:59 PM

"She's been 30 years in the business, hardly drinks, does not take drugs, raises children, never been in rehab. Hardly sounds like a psychopath to me. The same is true of Trump, and you didn't defend his name being on this list."

BURN

by Anonymousreply 86December 12, 2018 9:01 PM

^ Trump doesn't drink or take drugs nor has he ever been in rehab. That doesn't mean he's not crazy. My mother "raised" five kids, never drank or used drugs and was never in rehab. She is a diagnosed psychopath. A horrible person. Personal experience taught me that most psychopaths try to appear normal. Not all of them but most put on an act, imitate normal and try to appear normal (except to those they live or work with) in order to fool and deceive outsiders. Its a big part of their game.

by Anonymousreply 87December 13, 2018 2:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!