Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'At Home With Amy Sedaris' is hilarious!

Her new show debuted this week on TruTV, and it's surprisingly brilliant. The writing and acting is top-notch stuff. The best she's been since Strangers With Candy. The show is like a cross between Martha Stewart and Pee Wee's Playhouse. I hope it's a hit for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214May 27, 2019 4:43 AM

She could probably use a hit.

When did she last have one?

by Anonymousreply 1October 28, 2017 8:59 PM

OMG is that Oscar winner Adrian Brody taking all the best lines in that clip?

by Anonymousreply 2October 28, 2017 9:04 PM

I love Ruth, The Lady Who Lives in the Woods and her passive agressive shade throwing towards her lover.

by Anonymousreply 3October 28, 2017 9:11 PM

Hottie Paul Dinello is co-producing the show with Amy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 28, 2017 9:11 PM

Who? What is TryTV?

by Anonymousreply 5October 28, 2017 9:13 PM

That clip is just not funny all. The humor is so strained and forced. Not an ounce of wit.

by Anonymousreply 6October 28, 2017 9:18 PM

OP Yes! I loved it as well, and totally agree about PEE-WEE and Martha (she's definitely channeling/mocking her). All the signs about being alone made me burst out laughing. I hope it continues to be as funny as the first couple of episodes I saw.

by Anonymousreply 7October 28, 2017 9:23 PM

her face is different but i can't put my finger on how. And OP: a "hit" on TruTV? Right.

by Anonymousreply 8October 28, 2017 10:02 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 28, 2017 10:19 PM

That clip shows instantly how awful this is.

I think she's a one hit wonder.

by Anonymousreply 10October 29, 2017 3:53 PM

[quote]OP Yes! I loved it as well,

Are you 7 years old, as well?

by Anonymousreply 11October 29, 2017 3:55 PM

So many cunts on this thread......

by Anonymousreply 12October 29, 2017 4:00 PM

She is aggravating on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt with her one-note hysterical YELLING.

by Anonymousreply 13October 29, 2017 4:01 PM

She needs to find a new schtick.

All this kitschy craziness was old 15 years ago.

Do you still have a pet rabbit Amy? What a scream!

by Anonymousreply 14October 29, 2017 4:03 PM

I don't find her funny at all. I hate that strained mania and hollowness.

by Anonymousreply 15October 29, 2017 4:08 PM

It's great and snarky.

by Anonymousreply 16October 29, 2017 4:33 PM

Where's the haha?!

by Anonymousreply 17October 29, 2017 4:58 PM

R12 Right? And cunts that obviously lack a sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 18October 31, 2017 12:02 AM

What happened to all the Strangers With Candy fans who used to post here?

by Anonymousreply 19October 31, 2017 12:05 AM

We never liked her. Next...

by Anonymousreply 20October 31, 2017 12:05 AM

Then you have no taste R20

Love Amy!

by Anonymousreply 21October 31, 2017 12:06 AM

[quote]What happened to all the Strangers With Candy fans who used to post here?

They are now boozers and losers.

by Anonymousreply 22October 31, 2017 12:45 AM

I was MUCH more of a boozing loser when Strangers With Candy was on and I love this. Just snarky and disrespectful enough to keep me grinning. The passive aggressive shade throwing lesbian had me laughing out loud. Not high brow but would you expect subtle from Amy?

by Anonymousreply 23October 31, 2017 12:54 AM

I’ll take something different like this than all the other shit that’s peddled on tv.

by Anonymousreply 24October 31, 2017 12:58 AM

She and Kristin Chenoweth are beginning to age into one another. Can’t tell who’s who anymore.

by Anonymousreply 25October 31, 2017 12:59 AM

"it's often been said that ugly people make crafts and attractive people have sex..."

The 2 towels in the bathroom on the show about the joys of living alone: one says "Hers" and the other says "Also Hers"

The over head camera shot that shows details of whatever is being prepared on the table but that also shows Amy's huge bald spot.

This show is insane, I'm hooked!

by Anonymousreply 26October 31, 2017 1:03 AM

She’s 56. I guess this is her last gasp. On TrueTV. The only place I’ve heard about this show is on Datalounge. Does TrueTV not advertise? Is that considered uncool?

Does Amy still bring homemade cheese balls to the set? How (yawn) wacky.

by Anonymousreply 27October 31, 2017 1:07 AM

This show seems awfully like Get Krackin' on Australia's ABC channel. The humor and music especially. So I am inclined to avoid a copycat.

by Anonymousreply 28October 31, 2017 1:10 AM

Agree that it's a mess. She's trying way too hard.

by Anonymousreply 29October 31, 2017 1:24 AM

I love Strangers with Candy but this who sort of fell flat for me. I will definitely give it another chance but Amy you on thin ice.

by Anonymousreply 30October 31, 2017 1:45 AM

Not impressed.

by Anonymousreply 31October 31, 2017 2:01 AM

I loved Strangers with Candy, but I couldn't really get into this. I hope this is a success for her because I like her.

Meanwhile, it's been nearly 20 years since Strangers with Candy debuted. Sometimes, what you found hilarious 20 years ago isn't as funny 20 years on.

by Anonymousreply 32October 31, 2017 2:09 AM

R3 The Lady Who Lives in the Woods was hysterical, especially when she was blaming her lover for drying out the fish because she had to pull over and make a charcoal drawing of a field of thistles!

by Anonymousreply 33October 31, 2017 2:11 AM

Didn't she do this years ago? I don't mean her books. I could have sworn I saw her do a comedy crafty show before.

by Anonymousreply 34October 31, 2017 2:18 AM

" I could have sworn I saw her do a comedy crafty show before."

That was Brini Maxwell. They do share a resemblance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 31, 2017 2:26 AM

I have Brini Maxwell’s book on entertaining, and it is fabulous!

It’s on sale for $5.00, marked down from $20!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 31, 2017 2:29 AM

Never got the appeal.

by Anonymousreply 37October 31, 2017 2:35 AM

Fat Elvis.

by Anonymousreply 38October 31, 2017 2:35 AM

R11 8 actually. Which, coincidentally, is the number of times you can go fuck yourself. Amy is a treasure.

by Anonymousreply 39October 31, 2017 2:54 AM

Delightful show

Amy is wonderful - but not for everyone.

The naysayers should go watch Kevin James.

by Anonymousreply 40October 31, 2017 4:52 AM

I really liked this, and yes, it is a certain kind of humor. I don't expect everybody to love it, but it's in the vein of Lisa Kudrow's web series. For the rest of you, Kathy Griffin is touring now.

by Anonymousreply 41October 31, 2017 5:11 AM

TruTV is where comedians go to die

by Anonymousreply 42October 31, 2017 5:18 AM

I thought Strangers With Candy was brilliant, but I always thought that Amy tried a little too hard. When I read her brother's recent diaries, it confirmed that she is someone who would do anything for attention, and it is just tiresome. But: SWC was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 43October 31, 2017 5:35 AM

I love the dark, sinister vibe within the cheerful, upbeat format of a housewife DIY show. Australia's Get Krack'n is similar but less subtle.

by Anonymousreply 44October 31, 2017 7:59 AM

My goodness. What a slick of unpleasantness. I absolutely love Amy. I'm for her no matter what. She is an incredibly unique individual. Good luck Amy darling, hope it does well.

by Anonymousreply 45October 31, 2017 8:46 AM

In the OP clip she isn't doing anything funny. She isn't even a good straight man like George Burns. The guy could've performed that whole routine without her.

by Anonymousreply 46October 31, 2017 9:05 AM

The OP couldn't have sounded any shillier if he'd interrupted his own post with a commercial for Tide.

by Anonymousreply 47October 31, 2017 9:59 AM

she's been in a couple episodes of DIFFICULT PEOPLE which i loved

by Anonymousreply 48October 31, 2017 11:18 AM

[quote]I think she's a one hit wonder.

And you’re a NO-hit wonder. Now what?

by Anonymousreply 49October 31, 2017 11:25 AM

I wanted to like that but the clip just wasn't funny at all.

by Anonymousreply 50October 31, 2017 11:33 AM

great example of something gays will refer to as “camp” to feel superior and make people feel like they don’t get it when rly it just sucks

by Anonymousreply 51October 31, 2017 11:35 AM

I was not referring to Brini Maxwell, but thanks for bringing her up. She was a hoot back in her day. Though, as I recall, she actually gave great homemaking tips. It was only the delivery that was camp.

I think I must have seen a test for this show because what I remember is the glue schtick* in the video below, but without Jane K.

* sorry, I couldn't resist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 31, 2017 11:48 AM

Is Amy a huge pot head? Andy made reference to it on WWHL the other night. SWC is still really funny. Some episodes are downright brilliant. Like the Virgin Jerri, and The Blank Page.

by Anonymousreply 53October 31, 2017 12:12 PM

[r53] ANDY LOVES DRUGS!!!

by Anonymousreply 54October 31, 2017 1:21 PM

This show is an absolute treasure. I love her and David's dark and quirky sense of humor. SWC alum Stephen Colbert makes an appearance on one of the episodes.

by Anonymousreply 55October 31, 2017 4:15 PM

Do fans of the show consider the video at OP to be hilariously funny? Or even somewhat funny?

by Anonymousreply 56October 31, 2017 4:20 PM

R56, Yes, I think it's comedy perfection. The actor is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 57October 31, 2017 4:23 PM

[quote]And you’re a NO-hit wonder. Now what?

Gosh. All the people fighting for Amy's corner are about as funny as this lame show.

by Anonymousreply 58October 31, 2017 7:52 PM

She’s a bit one note.

by Anonymousreply 59October 31, 2017 8:03 PM

I think Amy is going for a bit of Martha Stewart and a bit of DL Icon Sandra Lee.

I just wish it was funnier.

by Anonymousreply 60October 31, 2017 8:11 PM

R60 Going for Martha Stewart or Sandra Lee might have been something 10 or 15 years ago but it's really scraping the barrel in 2017.

OP's clip might have been cute in 2005 but for years now even Martha makes fun of herself. There's absolutely nothing for Amy Sedaris to add.

by Anonymousreply 61October 31, 2017 8:28 PM

This is the first show that made me laugh out loud in a long time. I just get her style of humor.

by Anonymousreply 62October 31, 2017 9:50 PM

the first 2 epis were laugh out loud funny. cannot wait for the next batch. loved it!

by Anonymousreply 63October 31, 2017 10:10 PM

CRAFTING DANGERS.....S N A K E S!

by Anonymousreply 64November 1, 2017 2:39 AM

Guest cook: Don't you have a pepper grinder? Amy: Yes I do but it's holding up a shelf.

Love this shit

by Anonymousreply 65November 1, 2017 4:35 AM

Amy is one of those actors/actresses that I would find funny reading the phonebook. Just her voice and delivery crack me up.

I haven't seen this show yet, so it's possible the material isn't the best, but SWC remains some of the funniest programming I've seen on television. So I'll give this a shot.

by Anonymousreply 66November 1, 2017 5:02 AM

R51 Camp is for gay people and people who understand irony, sometimes to comment on social norms that are commonly followed but not understood. Have you seen RENT enough times ? I think it's still playing in Hartford.

by Anonymousreply 67November 1, 2017 5:13 AM

[quote]" I could have sworn I saw her do a comedy crafty show before." That was Brini Maxwell. They do share a resemblance.

Brini was fun, think the show was on the STYLE network, which, of course, no longer exists. Forgot to watch Amy's show, have to check it if TruTV has an OnDemand option. There's just too many show to watch. Amy was always funny on Conan's old show.

by Anonymousreply 68November 1, 2017 5:22 AM

Some of the people posting here sound like the Aldi troll.

by Anonymousreply 69November 1, 2017 11:59 AM

The problem with a great deal of Amy Sedaris' material is that it always seems like a good idea, poorly executed. The idea of the knife grinding skit is funny. The actual skit misses the mark. Same with the potato boat skit. I don't know if the problem is that they don't have enough rehearsal time, or if they don't have a good "third eye" to edit and shape the skit. One of the problems with comedians who write their own material is that they think every word is comedy gold.

by Anonymousreply 70November 1, 2017 12:11 PM

That clip was not funny at all.

by Anonymousreply 71November 1, 2017 12:30 PM

You bitter critics need to get laid or something. I think this show is hysterical especially considering the glut of celebrity chefs and cooking shows which take themselves way too seriously. Its offbeat and clever and funny - I'll watch this over the Pioneer Woman anyday.

by Anonymousreply 72November 1, 2017 12:31 PM

Just because her style is unique doesn't mean it's above the unwashed masses' head. Different strokes for different folks. (Cue the Willis and Arnold jokes) Her style of comedy feels tedious to me after a bit but is fun in small portions.

Some of her fans seem so dismissive if people don't like her work. Reminds me of those hipsters in college who only followed bands that no one had ever heard of and who sneered at those who didn't 'get' their music taste. Why can't people just enjoy different types of humor?

by Anonymousreply 73November 1, 2017 2:12 PM

R73, attacking people who don’t love what you love is the backbone of Datalounge. You don’t worship Melissa Manchester? Well, not only do you have bad taste in music but you’re an Internet troll who is fat and smells like unwashed feet and is hated by everyone and lives in a cave, etc., etc.

Childish and annoying but harmless.

by Anonymousreply 74November 1, 2017 2:17 PM

Amy Sedaris is very talented but this is relatively lame. The whole mean-spirited Baby Boomer sensibility that underpins it (the dark side of suburbia, pushing quasi-vaudeville gags to lethal extremes, the manic sarcasm) goes all the way back to the original Saturday Night Live over four decades ago. I find myself reacting to stuff like this like I used to react to Milton Berle and Don Rickles as a child -as if it's strictly for old farts. Time for something new.

by Anonymousreply 75November 1, 2017 3:09 PM

I thought the underlying plot of the "Cooking for one" episode was funny. Amy goes from being radically single at the beginning of the show to falling in (unrequited) love with a Greek and devoting the remaining craft and meal segments to honoring Greek culture.

It's not all gold, but it's different enough from current offerings and I like Amy enough that I'll watch. I appreciate the absurdity, even with the dated, hot glue joke mentality. Pee-Wee's Playhouse is a fair comparison.

Episodes are available on the truTV app, if you have cable or login credentials.

by Anonymousreply 76November 1, 2017 4:54 PM

I liked Amy's Greek trollop get up at the end too.

by Anonymousreply 77November 1, 2017 9:48 PM

She thinks she's funny and that kills comedy.

by Anonymousreply 78November 1, 2017 10:00 PM

Speaking of Brini, what's she up to? They should give her a show on HGTV!

by Anonymousreply 79November 2, 2017 4:25 AM

"For the rest of you, Kathy Griffin is touring now."

She'll be in Outer Mongolia this weekend, a week-long stint in Katmandu after that.

by Anonymousreply 80November 2, 2017 4:35 AM

R74 People who criticize entertainers and artists can stay clear of criticism themselves by not criticizing. If you don't get Amy Sedariss' sketches, great, but people are categorically saying the clip isn't funny, when it's just not their brand of humor. To me it's funny -- maybe as one poster said, the execution is not as good as the idea, but to me the idea is the important part. That being, said, I'm a complete fraud because I criticize entertainers on here all the time. In fact, I think I;m full of shit. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 81November 2, 2017 4:45 AM

The Lady Who Lives in the Woods is still the best ongoing piece on Amy's show.

by Anonymousreply 82November 3, 2017 2:18 AM

The first 3 episodes were hilarious. I never expected the show to be this good.

If you like Amy's show, I highly recommend "The Baroness Von Sketch Show" on IFC. It's even funnier and so, so smart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83November 3, 2017 3:23 AM

R83 Baroness Von Sketch is hysterical! All the women on that show are hilarious. I especially like the kind of tall, horse-toothed one. I love the sketches they do where the girls are at some event (wedding, class reunion, etc.), and they slowly get drunk throughout the night.

by Anonymousreply 84November 4, 2017 1:19 AM

[quote]What happened to all the Strangers With Candy fans who used to post here?

[quote]They are now boozers and losers.

Then episode 2 of At Home with Amy is right up their lonely-ass alley.

And DUH - She’s supposed to be trying way too hard.

by Anonymousreply 85November 5, 2017 7:12 PM

Haha I love it. Always liked Amy Sedaris.

by Anonymousreply 86November 5, 2017 8:06 PM

How are the ratings? Does the audience include anyone beyond easily amused elder gays?

by Anonymousreply 87November 5, 2017 8:12 PM

[quote]Baroness Von Sketch is hysterical! All the women on that show are hilarious. I especially like the kind of tall, horse-toothed one. I love the sketches they do where the girls are at some event (wedding, class reunion, etc.), and they slowly get drunk throughout the night.

This show is hilarious! It's like an all female version of The Kids in the Hall, IIRC, all the actresses/writers are Canadian. They don't dress in drag, though I think they should play some of the male roles.

The frau haters here would find this comedy sketch series spot on! The annoying haus frau characters are true to life.

by Anonymousreply 88November 6, 2017 5:49 AM

[quote]I love the sketches they do where the girls are at some event (wedding, class reunion, etc.), and they slowly get drunk throughout the night.

They do drunk so well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89November 6, 2017 4:28 PM

R89 Hilarious! Especially when the woman empties her dress of all the vegetables!

by Anonymousreply 90November 6, 2017 9:45 PM

The loved the "camelle" toe jeans sketch!

by Anonymousreply 91November 7, 2017 12:18 AM

[r88] what is a good ep for frau haters?

by Anonymousreply 92November 7, 2017 1:21 AM

I love the show. It's making me smile, chuckle and occasionally laugh out loud.

by Anonymousreply 93November 11, 2017 3:28 AM

Amy is awesome

by Anonymousreply 94November 12, 2017 2:05 AM

cole escola has more time now

by Anonymousreply 95November 15, 2017 6:20 AM

Last nights episode was very funny. I think she is getting into a groove with it. The Patty Hogg character is hilarious

by Anonymousreply 96November 15, 2017 2:20 PM

Would one of you please be a dear and look after Nutmeg for me while I do some early Christmas shopping? I told her not to rub her feces on your curtains or cut your lamp cords.

by Anonymousreply 97November 15, 2017 3:00 PM

I love Patty Hogg, too

by Anonymousreply 98November 16, 2017 2:22 AM

not funny at all

by Anonymousreply 99November 16, 2017 7:47 AM

R99 = Nutmeg

by Anonymousreply 100November 16, 2017 10:39 AM

I loved Nutmeg but I couldn't with a whole episode of Patty Hogg. It's hit or miss.

by Anonymousreply 101November 16, 2017 11:17 AM

I thought this past week's episode was the best yet. Love Patty Hogg! And then Nutmeg (Piglet's sister??). Also, Lady Who Lives In the Woods was hysterical.

Longtime Amy fans know that her brief funeral singer character is based on Amy's grade school teacher who sang "We're All Together Again" every morning and "had legs like tree trunks and feet like Fudgesicles".

by Anonymousreply 102November 16, 2017 12:27 PM

I abhor the Lady Who Lives in the Woods. Not funny.

by Anonymousreply 103November 16, 2017 1:25 PM

More nutmeg!!!!

by Anonymousreply 104November 17, 2017 12:53 AM

Love Amy but her act looks stale and old-fashioned next to Maria Bamford's LADY DYNAMITE. Obviously she's playing to a shrinking audience of old fans as opposed to doing something fresh and new. Too bad because she really has the goods.

by Anonymousreply 105November 17, 2017 10:32 PM

Strangers with Candy is one of my favorite things ever, but that clip is NOT funny.

by Anonymousreply 106November 17, 2017 10:36 PM

r105 sucks

by Anonymousreply 107November 18, 2017 2:28 AM

R105 keeps her coffee cups and juice glasses in the same cabinet!!!

by Anonymousreply 108November 18, 2017 4:39 AM

The dark undertone

The passive aggressive lesbian who lives in he woods

The guy with the pepperoni nipples

The local bakery " Yeast Confection"

Love It!

by Anonymousreply 109November 18, 2017 4:53 AM

naked tai chi. how entertaining. and snake charming. how charming!

by Anonymousreply 110November 22, 2017 3:47 AM

Amy is a genius

by Anonymousreply 111November 22, 2017 4:02 AM

Separated at birth: Amy and Charles Manson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112November 22, 2017 4:09 AM

I love Amy, but she is rather the precocious child who realizes she can get adults to laugh by yelling words like "POO POO!"

Her brand of kooky has grown stale.

by Anonymousreply 113November 22, 2017 5:32 AM

How can you say you "love" her, then bash her?!

by Anonymousreply 114November 23, 2017 1:20 AM

I love her, the fucking unfunny cunt. I'm president of her fan club, but I hope the bitch drops dead.

by Anonymousreply 115November 23, 2017 1:33 AM

I can't wait for the holiday special

by Anonymousreply 116November 24, 2017 12:24 AM

You're on with PATTYHOGG!!!!

by Anonymousreply 117November 24, 2017 1:03 AM

R101 nailed it with the "hit or miss" comment. Some of it is hilarious, some unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 118November 24, 2017 1:59 AM

i like how even if the sketch is not particularly funny, she just powers on until it become laugh out loud funny. case in point the snake charming (cringe-worthy) that turned into the (obvious to come) sanitary pit fall.

by Anonymousreply 119November 24, 2017 2:35 AM

Chris Meloni looked great in his park ranger pants.

by Anonymousreply 120November 24, 2017 10:49 PM

She should have done a Jerri Blank spin-off where Jerri goes back to a life of crime after graduating high school.

by Anonymousreply 121November 24, 2017 11:04 PM

I couldn't breathe when she fell into the doodie-ditch while snake charming and then got bit by the snake. I love Amy!

by Anonymousreply 122November 24, 2017 11:08 PM

I only watched the first three episodes and thought they were meh.

by Anonymousreply 123November 24, 2017 11:10 PM

Last night’s Holiday Special was sheer genius.

I can’t believe no one has ever done a Christmas-themed Trilogy of Terror homage before, it’s so obvious!!

I love Amy

by Anonymousreply 124November 29, 2017 7:17 PM

Was Nutmeg on last night?

by Anonymousreply 125November 29, 2017 7:24 PM

yes ^ and also, almos,t NPH

by Anonymousreply 126November 29, 2017 7:46 PM

While it's nice that Amy has a few diehard DL cheerleaders who'll call anything she does "brilliant" or "genius", no amount of hyperbole can separate the uninspired from the inspired. This whole production is uninspired. Baby Boomers are old now and their comedic sensibility is old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127November 29, 2017 8:27 PM

Yes! We need to rebel against the rigidity of the 1950's and early 1960's with mocking and sarcasm! That'll shown 'em!

by Anonymousreply 128November 29, 2017 8:59 PM

I would love to hear from the folks who don’t like Amy just who they think is funny?

by Anonymousreply 129November 30, 2017 4:28 AM

[R129] Maria Bamford. LADY DYNAMITE on Netflix. Amy's successor. Poor Amy.

by Anonymousreply 130November 30, 2017 5:03 AM

Chris Meloni is brilliant on the show.

by Anonymousreply 131November 30, 2017 8:02 AM

I hated Lady Dynamite. I love Amy but the show is a tad uneven but the holiday episode with the trilogy of terror walnut cracker was hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 132November 30, 2017 11:54 AM

According to Wikipedia there are 10 episodes for S1.

My guess is that's all we'll see. I'm watching, but "uneven" is a good description. Hey, 23 minutes of my week for a few laughs, I'll take it. But since I thought Strangers With Candy was one of the funniest shows of the last 20 years, I am a little disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 133November 30, 2017 12:55 PM

I love her. She is a treasure!!!

by Anonymousreply 134November 30, 2017 2:44 PM

I like Lady Dynamite's first season. The second season felt underwhelming and only came together in the season's finale and then it was kind of genius.

by Anonymousreply 135November 30, 2017 3:34 PM

Finally had a chance to watch the first four episodes. Really enjoying it so far, though I wonder if they will be able to keep it from getting repetitive. Looking forward to the holiday episode!

Big thanks to whoever mentioned Get Krack!n. Searching for it led me to their previous outing, The Katering Show - all the episodes are on YouTube - and I thought it was very funny. It has a lot of jokes about food allergies, which Dataloungers ought to love. Currently downloading Get Krack!n, hope it's as good.

I believe all the episodes of Posh Nosh, another cooking show parody, are also on YouTube. If you haven't seen it, it's pretty good. A lot more deadpan.

I don't at all understand the idea that Maria Bamford is Amy's successor. They are very different.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136November 30, 2017 4:22 PM

BTW Cole Escola’s character Chassie Tucker is especially funny in the holiday special

by Anonymousreply 137November 30, 2017 7:37 PM

I loved the Holiday Special

by Anonymousreply 138November 30, 2017 8:02 PM

OMG the Trilogy of Terror homage was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 139November 30, 2017 8:36 PM

I couldn't breathe with Nutmeg carrying the punch bowl while wearing roller skates. I was sure she was going to fall and spill the red punch on Amy's white carpet. It was cute how enthralled she was with the puppet show. You know, retarded people respond well to puppets.

by Anonymousreply 140December 5, 2017 1:07 AM

I've said too much! I've said too much!

by Anonymousreply 141December 21, 2017 4:49 AM

Love the guest stars like Justin Theroux as the astronaut, Chris Meloni as the forest ranger, and Michael Shannon in Murdercide. Really gereat show. Love Patty Hogg and her "I've said too much, I've said too much" tagline.

by Anonymousreply 142December 21, 2017 5:20 AM

They also like cake, r140.

by Anonymousreply 143December 21, 2017 5:21 AM

I have been a fan for 20 years. The one issue I have seen with Amy that I do not like is that she readily falls into making fun of an actor on the show she is making. I think it’s is usually a cheap laugh but she takes it to the point if hurting the actor. For example, on Kimmie Schmidt, she calls carol kane’s Character “stoop crone”. I hope she can avoid that pitfall as she makes this series.

by Anonymousreply 144December 21, 2017 5:22 AM

The outer space episode is awesome, too. With real life couple Aidy Bryant (Saturday Night Live) and Conner O'Malley as Alien couple.

by Anonymousreply 145December 21, 2017 7:01 AM

she had a small role in CNN new years eve ... seems close with andy cohen

by Anonymousreply 146January 5, 2018 8:01 PM

No it’s not, OP.

by Anonymousreply 147January 5, 2018 8:07 PM

R144, do you think actors make up the words they’re saying on the spot? The “stoop crone” joke was in the script, written by a comedy writer, and a call-back to other characters using the phrase. Amy didn’t just make that up on her own.

by Anonymousreply 148January 5, 2018 8:23 PM

[r145] haha yea i also think would be awkward to edit the script on the spot

by Anonymousreply 149January 5, 2018 8:40 PM

Renewed for another ten episodes, which will probably air later this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150April 20, 2018 12:55 AM

Best news I heard this week.

by Anonymousreply 151April 20, 2018 1:20 AM

Glad it was renewed

by Anonymousreply 152April 20, 2018 3:02 AM

i dont get her humor, im not smart enough.

by Anonymousreply 153April 20, 2018 3:17 AM

R153 = Nutmeg

by Anonymousreply 154April 20, 2018 3:48 AM

I wish she would do more Strangers with Candy. They could have Jeri be a guidance counselor giving screwed up advice. Tammy Littlenut and a couple of others could be teachers or parents of kids attending Flatpoint.

by Anonymousreply 155April 20, 2018 4:45 AM

It's Friday night I'm gonna get drunk I'm gonna get laid I'll be late for work on Mon-day!

by Anonymousreply 156April 20, 2018 3:39 PM

It's Friday night I'm gonna get drunk I'm gonna get laid I'll be late for work on Mon-day!

by Anonymousreply 157April 20, 2018 3:40 PM

It's a little uneven but the second season will probably be better if Strangers with Candy is any indicator.

by Anonymousreply 158April 20, 2018 4:22 PM

I agree

by Anonymousreply 159April 21, 2018 1:01 AM

Season 2 premiers next Tuesday Feb. 19 at 10. They just showed a preview and the famous guests this season include Anna Gasteyer, Richard Kind, Matthew Broderick, and UGH... Susan Fucking Sarandon. I am conflicted about watching because of that last one but I might just skip that episode because I love Amy so much.

by Anonymousreply 160February 17, 2019 1:40 AM

I can't wait

by Anonymousreply 161February 17, 2019 2:10 AM

Liberal hypocrisy example #7,082,127 at r160.

by Anonymousreply 162February 17, 2019 2:31 AM

I hope Nutmeg is back again this season.

by Anonymousreply 163February 17, 2019 2:42 AM

r162 = why the whining about "liberals" - are you a Republican? Or just a moron?

by Anonymousreply 164February 17, 2019 3:01 AM

Amy and Susan Fucking Sarandon are very good friends. Have been for years.

by Anonymousreply 165February 17, 2019 3:08 AM

Didn’t she do this book back in the early 2000s? Because my entire family regifted it for a decade or more

by Anonymousreply 166February 17, 2019 3:38 AM

The show is hilarious this season. Love Amy's stalker and the takeoff on The Ghost and Mrs. Muir

by Anonymousreply 167March 13, 2019 2:42 AM

Amy's playing Cat Cora? What did I miss?

by Anonymousreply 168March 13, 2019 2:45 AM

Man, I really wanted to like this. I only saw one episode -- where Rose Byrne plays her crazy stalker fan. It was so well done and, yet, I didn't actually laugh out loud once.

I love Amy -- loved Strangers with Candy and all her nutty Letterman appearances over the years. I think Rose Byrne is wonderful. I ADORE the screwball Cole Escola. It should have been right up my alley. It's like everything works... conceptually, but the execution falls flat for me.

Maybe it's so broad and sketch'y that it would need an actual live audience to work? Imagine how odd I Love Lucy would have been if they'd done that show without a studio audience.

I don't know, maybe I need to give it another shot? I will say, I think it was kind of smart (and defied my expectations) to have Amy actually play the straight man.

by Anonymousreply 169March 14, 2019 8:11 PM

I enjoyed it, but I don't remember laughing out loud all that much. It's much dryer than that, which works I think. It's fun to spend time in her kitschy world and the character work and set design is always good. Might not be must see TV, but it's pleasant entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 170March 14, 2019 9:42 PM

I don't find her funny at all. There's a coldness and a kind of reveling in meaninglessness that doesn't do it for me.

by Anonymousreply 171March 15, 2019 12:32 AM

Tried watching the first episode of season 2. It just isn't very funny.

by Anonymousreply 172March 15, 2019 5:54 PM

r172, try watching the most recent episode, it was great.

by Anonymousreply 173March 16, 2019 3:28 AM

It was okay the first season but the second season is almost unwatchable. I feel sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 174May 3, 2019 10:42 PM

Not much. She hasn’t been funny since SWC.

by Anonymousreply 175May 3, 2019 10:46 PM

i love her, she is so underrated, she should be bigger

by Anonymousreply 176May 3, 2019 10:49 PM

trutv has some really clever and amusing stuff

by Anonymousreply 177May 3, 2019 10:50 PM

[quote]she is so underrated, she should be bigger

Reality indicates exactly the opposite

by Anonymousreply 178May 3, 2019 10:52 PM

I used to like her but she’s not funny anymore.

by Anonymousreply 179May 3, 2019 10:52 PM

I like the "best of" spoof of her 15 episode anniversary.

by Anonymousreply 180May 3, 2019 10:53 PM

Reality indicates she is so underrated, she should be bigger.

by Anonymousreply 181May 4, 2019 1:47 AM

The Thanksgiving episode was great, too

by Anonymousreply 182May 4, 2019 2:37 AM

I LOVE Chassie Tucker! My new favorite drag character.

Also this excellent line from the last episode: "Crafting is the art of taking things no one wants and turning them into something people feel bad about throwing away!" That really sums it up.

Michael Shannon playing Christopher Walken in "Pulp Fiction" was great fun. I was so surprised he made a guest appearance.

I want about 2/3 of the set & props of this show. All those cake stands in candy colors were enviable. I also love all her ric-a-rac trimmed aprons.

by Anonymousreply 183May 4, 2019 2:48 AM

^ I like the one where Chassie's grifter relatives come to visit her

by Anonymousreply 184May 4, 2019 2:49 AM

This season is much better than the first one. For her Halloween episode, she did a take-off of Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte and she played the Agnes Moorehead character. The last episode was a take-off of The Birds.

She better be nominated for an Emmy next year. She's much more deserving that Kate McKinnon on SNL.

by Anonymousreply 185May 4, 2019 3:45 AM

R184---YES! That episode had LOTS OF CHASSIE!

by Anonymousreply 186May 4, 2019 4:55 AM

I love her advocacy for rabbits.

by Anonymousreply 187May 4, 2019 4:58 AM

Chassie was priceless in the season 2 finale - a Key Largo take-off where she channels Clare Trevor.

by Anonymousreply 188May 4, 2019 6:22 AM

Chassie resembles Elizabeth Montgomery.

by Anonymousreply 189May 4, 2019 10:44 AM

It's Friday night.

I'm gonna get drunk.

I'm gonna get laid.

I'm gonna be late on

Mon - day

by Anonymousreply 190May 4, 2019 2:28 PM

A bit OT, I think Amy is very lonely. Has she ever been in a LTR? Sure, she has close male friends but has she ever had a long term male partner. I gather she's straight?

by Anonymousreply 191May 5, 2019 8:53 PM

R191, I think her whole family is fucked up to some degree. They all are a bit out there. Her younger sister committed suicide a few years ago.

David Sedaris's books portray the mother as an alcoholic and the father as emotionally distant.

by Anonymousreply 192May 5, 2019 9:02 PM

I don’t know about Amy’s love life but David and his husband have been together for twenty years almost. I know that the two siblings that still live around Raleigh are married with kids and live perfectly normal lives. One owns a flooring company and is basically a redneck, but he is the youngest child and was born here.

by Anonymousreply 193May 5, 2019 9:06 PM

I was a huge fan Stranger With Candy, but can’t get into At Home with Amy Sedaris. There are some funny parts, but it’s way too uneven. Sedaris does carry off some good characters, but they writing let’s her down.

by Anonymousreply 194May 6, 2019 2:04 AM

Renewed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195May 10, 2019 5:50 PM

Patty Hogg is a gifted soul.

by Anonymousreply 196May 10, 2019 6:21 PM

So happy it got renewed. This season was hilarious. I'll be shocked if Amy doesn't get an Emmy nomination.

by Anonymousreply 197May 10, 2019 7:05 PM

This show is getting better. I thought the first few episodes weren’t so funny, but caught a new episode during an airplane flight, and enjoyed it more. I liked a scene where she mistreats her assistant.

by Anonymousreply 198May 19, 2019 11:44 PM

I want the Sea Hag board game!

"Find out who The Hag is and cast her out to sea!"

by Anonymousreply 199May 19, 2019 11:48 PM

LOVE her but that show is so stupid

by Anonymousreply 200May 19, 2019 11:58 PM

[bold]Amy Sedaris channels her vintage aesthetic in her Trump-free analog show ‘At Home’[/bold]

[quote]The cheerful maximalism may be out of sync with the current, Marie Kondo-inspired vogue for barren bookshelves, but Sedaris is fine with that.

[quote]“I read her book. And then I got rid of it because that’s what she says to do. And I feel like I am surrounded by everything that I really like,” says the actress, who on this spring afternoon is sorting her collection of miniatures — itty-bitty dollhouse furniture, food and accessories she keeps in hand-stenciled jars. There are teensy-weensy bags of potato chips, a stamp-sized portrait of Charles and Diana, a vanity made of matchboxes, even a “cute little syringe.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201May 26, 2019 1:49 AM

trutv has some really underrated comedies, those who cant is very amusing and clever, yall shoukd check it out.

by Anonymousreply 202May 26, 2019 7:25 AM

I’d consider this program intermittently amusing and a clever diversion. But hot hilarious by any measure.

Sedaris is talented, but uneven. She is pretty gorgeous for 58.

by Anonymousreply 203May 26, 2019 7:06 PM

*”not hilarious” d’oh.

by Anonymousreply 204May 26, 2019 7:33 PM

I find almost all drag queens not the least bit funny in their acting or their lines. However I can never get enough of Chassie!

by Anonymousreply 205May 26, 2019 8:06 PM

The guy who plays Chassie is really attractive out of drag.

by Anonymousreply 206May 26, 2019 8:08 PM

I know. I saw you on YouTube singing in your skivvies.

by Anonymousreply 207May 26, 2019 8:16 PM

R206, not me. I saw him in a photo being hugged by Amy Sedaris at a press call or opening.

by Anonymousreply 208May 26, 2019 8:33 PM

Chassie as a guy was in the singing group on the Fifteenth Episode Celebration show. Chassie is so repressed and ladylike. I bet she has a rainbow array of cardigans.

by Anonymousreply 209May 27, 2019 2:43 AM

The Halloween episode was a funny takeoff of Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte. Amy did a great impression of Agnes Moorehead's character.

by Anonymousreply 210May 27, 2019 3:31 AM

I don't like unfunny, unoriginal Chassis one bit but I'll admit to liking the bit where her mom and sisters showed up.

by Anonymousreply 211May 27, 2019 3:50 AM

How dare you talk about Chassie like that! You are permanently banned from the craft room!

by Anonymousreply 212May 27, 2019 4:04 AM

At least I spell her name correctly 212 and yes she's dull and not anything special to look at.

by Anonymousreply 213May 27, 2019 4:31 AM

Silky is the GOAT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214May 27, 2019 4:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!