Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sam Smith Comes Out As Gender-Nonbinary

We still don’t want you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269September 24, 2019 5:02 AM

You're. Not. Special.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2017 6:31 PM

Went to school with a bunch of people who eventually came out as "non-binary".... they're so exhausting and despite not believing in gender never stop talking about it.

I need this trend to end

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2017 6:33 PM

He has a new album coming out.

Needs publicity.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2017 6:34 PM

There goes whatever career he had. She's exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2017 6:36 PM

Translation: Here's my excuse for being a catty, flaming bitch: I'm"gender non binary!" Don't hate me like I hate myself; I can't help it!

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2017 6:38 PM

The first time I got a real good look at Sam Smith was during his recent appearance on SNL. I thought he was absolutely adorable with a nice voice. I was like let me google this cutie. Chiiile! I give him props for losing that weight because he was quite the unattractive fattie. I would be afraid to be with him if there was a possibility off her looking like that again.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2017 6:40 PM

Sam Smith comes out as a foolish idiot

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2017 6:40 PM

What is gender non-binary?

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2017 6:40 PM

They're people who believe in magical thinking, r8.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2017 6:46 PM

I saw "gender-nonbinary" being used for transgender recently.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2017 6:46 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2017 6:47 PM

Gross. Everyone buying into the gender cult is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2017 6:47 PM

Sitting down to pee does not make you special, cupcake

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2017 6:48 PM

I am going to declare that I am an elf from the Planet Nubia.

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2017 6:52 PM

[quote]What is gender non-binary?

It means: I don't subscribe to sexual stereotypes personally but I'm still that much of a sexist that I automatically attribute certain attributes, heh, to either gender sex / what-have-you... so, in order to reconcile my non-stereotypical behaviour--for my sex--with my own ingrained belief system, I have to identify as gender non-binary, so that my pretty little head doesn't fucking explode.

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2017 6:54 PM

[quote]I saw "gender-nonbinary" being used for transgender recently.

Recently? It's constantly conflated and has been for a while. "I'm transgender and non-binary" - WTF does that even mean?

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2017 6:54 PM

[quote]"I'm transgender and non-binary" - WTF does that even mean?

Who cares?!

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2017 6:56 PM

It means the person is an idiot and repeats what other idiots say.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2017 6:59 PM

What he's trying to say is - he feels as much feminine as he does masculine, except he's an idiot who thinks being effeminate= not being a real man.

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2017 7:06 PM

In my day, we just said..... "I'm festive!!!"

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2017 7:07 PM

Is being "gender non-binary" the modern equivalent of what my parents used to refer to as "mannish"?

There is no way Sam Smith is mannish.

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2017 7:16 PM

LOL@r21

by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2017 7:17 PM

I've seen a lot of "nonbinary doesn't have a look" on twitter

so basically it's a useless word that means nothing

by Anonymousreply 23October 22, 2017 7:19 PM

How does he know what being a woman feels like? I don't even think I know what it feels like for another woman except that we probably have some things in common, and really, what we have in common is likely to be how we're perceived and treated. That's what I assume any other woman knows about my experience, not more. I don't see the need to say that you feel nonbinary. Do you want me to treat or see you differently as a result? I'll use your pronoun, if that's what it is, but I'm not sure what else this information is supposed to signal.

by Anonymousreply 24October 22, 2017 7:20 PM

Like, whatEVEERRR....

by Anonymousreply 25October 22, 2017 7:22 PM

I adore R20.

by Anonymousreply 26October 22, 2017 7:30 PM

In other words, he's started harmone therapy and is the proud owner of 3 lace front wigs.

by Anonymousreply 27October 22, 2017 7:31 PM

So, he grew a vagina?

by Anonymousreply 28October 22, 2017 7:42 PM

I can’t think of more exhausting news. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 29October 22, 2017 7:46 PM

Oh God. Please stop letting Sam Smith happen. Who has the energy for the blathering of this semi-talent?

by Anonymousreply 30October 22, 2017 7:50 PM

R8 it means I have a very set view of gender stereotypes and because I'm a guy who likes to cook or a girl who likes short hair I can't possibly be male or female so I have to be non binary . Basically attention seeking behavior.

by Anonymousreply 31October 22, 2017 7:53 PM

^hormone

by Anonymousreply 32October 22, 2017 7:54 PM

^whoremoan

by Anonymousreply 33October 22, 2017 8:00 PM

He claims to feel equal parts male and female. Total horseshit and easy to disprove from his statement. "Female" for him is not being a wife, mother, daughter; it's "queer" stuff with makeup and clothes. Here's his quote from the article below (no need to give traffic to the piece-of-shit Logo website.)

“People don’t know this, but when I was 17, I remember becoming obsessed with Boy George and Marilyn,” Smith continues. “There was one moment in my life when I didn’t own a piece of male clothing, really.”

“I would wear full makeup every day at school—eyelashes, leggings with Dr Martens and huge fur coats, for two and a half years. I got teased a lot for it. But there were also people respecting me for walking around like that in my school.”

Later, while working in a bar in London, Smith was attacked and punched in the chest, “obviously just because of the way I looked,” he says. “But that never bothered me, because I had this barricade up.”

by Anonymousreply 34October 22, 2017 8:01 PM

So 'Gender Non-Binary' is basically this then?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 22, 2017 8:15 PM

And like most gender non-conforming youngsters, he grew up to be a homosexual who lives his life following sex-stereotypes.

In other words, he's a gay guy who looks like he stepped out of Details magazine.

Sam Smith's "womanhood" is like his false eyelashes ... something to be left on the shelf once he got tired of it.

by Anonymousreply 36October 22, 2017 8:22 PM

Why is it these boys loved dressing up as fabulous stereotypical women but don't want all the shit that comes with being a girl.

"When I was at school I'd hang out in the toilets with the girls and be so envious that they had periods and the stomach pain that came with it. I'd see the way the girls were judged by boys for the way their tits developed. The girls with big tits were called sluts and slags and the girls with flat chests were ridiculed. I desperately wanted to be one of those girls, objectified by the boys and male teachers. I heard stories about the girls who'd got pregnant at 15 or 16 and who's lives were ruined while the boys who fathered the baby enjoyed the rest of their lives with no consequences. I looked at my mother, earning less than my father, never expected to succeed or achieve anything in her own right and I was desperate to be that type of woman."

by Anonymousreply 37October 22, 2017 8:27 PM

It means his dick is so small, it looks like a bulbous clitoris.

by Anonymousreply 38October 22, 2017 8:34 PM

He's out of his fucking mind.

He wanted to be a girl and have periods and period pain? He wanted to be paid less than men for the same job? If he still hopes he will not be successful or achieve anything in his own right, I'm happy to help him with that.

Everything quoted above is bullshit. This man is seriously fucked up. He has no idea what it means to be a man, let alone a gay man, and he certainly has no idea what it's like to be a woman.

Is there no one in the entertainment industry with a modicum of sense? Christ on a bike, this dude is badly in need of help.

by Anonymousreply 39October 22, 2017 8:52 PM

The most relentless, heavy-handed propaganda campaign ever.

Who is this bitch, anyway? Another chirpy girly-boi to relieve ladies of both sexes of their fear of flying AND their disposable income?

by Anonymousreply 40October 22, 2017 9:04 PM

When does he sign that deal with covergirl?

by Anonymousreply 41October 22, 2017 9:05 PM

What the fuck Sam. You used to be cool.

by Anonymousreply 42October 22, 2017 9:06 PM

He's still cool, he just wants a bussy.

by Anonymousreply 43October 22, 2017 9:12 PM

Sam (Samantha), call me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 22, 2017 9:17 PM

Well, as long as he doesn't become insufferable, or any more insufferable, it should be fine.

I just hate all these labels.

by Anonymousreply 45October 22, 2017 9:17 PM

hoo dat?

by Anonymousreply 46October 22, 2017 9:18 PM

The homophobe should stop calling himself gay then.

Gay = man + man

by Anonymousreply 47October 22, 2017 9:21 PM

When will Mx. Smith be returning their "male" vocalist awards?

by Anonymousreply 48October 22, 2017 9:26 PM

Pardon my ignorace but why tranwomen think that womanhood is all about dressing up in certain provocative way .

90 percent of Trans people dress like street hookers[no offence to the street hookers]. But I really don't see an average women dressing up in such flashy or proactive way .

When the last time you saw a woman wearing so much lipstick at 10 am in the morning? Not even hooker does that

by Anonymousreply 49October 22, 2017 9:33 PM

Noted UK trans campaigner Paris Lees got very upset when some feminists compared her sooearabxr to that of freakish ghoul Pete Burns (RIP xx) when she’s clearly based her look on him,

by Anonymousreply 50October 22, 2017 9:46 PM

Her WHAT, R50?

by Anonymousreply 51October 22, 2017 9:50 PM

always hated him and his heinous voice. Hate him even more now. He'll be doing panto in 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 52October 22, 2017 9:50 PM

I have never heard his music. He has a stupid-looking face.

by Anonymousreply 53October 22, 2017 9:52 PM

R49 - I take it that you don't spend much time in The UK?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 22, 2017 9:52 PM

The trans dress up as hookers because that is what they want to be, not women.

Yes, R54, after pushing the ho look for the past 30-40 years, some women are doing as they are told.

by Anonymousreply 55October 22, 2017 9:55 PM

Sorry R51, I meant Paris Lees' appearance, not her sooearabxr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 22, 2017 10:14 PM

It takes courage for a star as big as Smith to come out as genderqueer. We should be applauding him instead of ridiculing him. You would think that we are a rightwing site the way some of you all are posting.

by Anonymousreply 57October 22, 2017 10:27 PM

The whole idea of "non-binary" and "genderqueer" is stupid, sexist, and homophobic. That is why we are ridiculing him.

by Anonymousreply 58October 22, 2017 10:30 PM

In a few years transtrenders will be mocked as heartily as aging goths, punkers, and every other silly stuck-in-the-past subculture. It will be hilarious, and will save millions of impressionable young people from wasted lives.

by Anonymousreply 59October 22, 2017 10:42 PM

r49 Many of them are not actually trans (which does exist, albeit in much smaller numbers when you take the autogynophiles and non gender conforming gays out).

The small group who actually are trans that I've known and read about over the years run the normal gamut for their non birth gender. Even the transwomen who are gussied up are not OTT and mistaken for sex workers when they're standing at a light. [Not to shade sex workers.]

by Anonymousreply 60October 22, 2017 10:44 PM

This ridiculous fad needs to go away forever.

by Anonymousreply 61October 22, 2017 10:59 PM

[quote] In a few years transtrenders will be mocked as heartily as aging goths, punkers, and every other silly stuck-in-the-past subculture.

For goths and punks, growing out of it was as easy as wiping off the black lipstick and taking out the nose rings.

For the transtrending young women getting "top surgeries" (aka double mastectomies) coming back to reality will be more difficult.

Smith claims that he liked to crossdress, but I'd like to hear his thoughts on the non-binary youth who seek hormones and surgeries. Because, he is a text-book example of what trans critics have always said: Most gender dysphoria in children resolves itself into adulthood as homosexuality with no gender/sex change desired.

by Anonymousreply 62October 22, 2017 11:00 PM

Being genderqueer doesn't mean you want to be on hormones or alter your body. It just means you aren't either strictly male or female. You are both at the same time- or you can look at it as falling somewhere between the gender divide.

by Anonymousreply 63October 22, 2017 11:07 PM

Well, there goes his CURRENT boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 64October 22, 2017 11:07 PM

You are male or female.

by Anonymousreply 65October 22, 2017 11:09 PM

Has generation dopey never heard of the word or concept "androgynous"?

by Anonymousreply 66October 22, 2017 11:09 PM

"Being genderqueer doesn't mean you want to be on hormones or alter your body. It just means you aren't either strictly male or female. You are both at the same time- or you can look at it as falling somewhere between the gender divide."

This sounds like intersex......

by Anonymousreply 67October 22, 2017 11:10 PM

I don't get it

by Anonymousreply 68October 22, 2017 11:11 PM

[quote]Being genderqueer doesn't mean you want to be on hormones or alter your body. It just means you aren't either strictly male or female. You are both at the same time- or you can look at it as falling somewhere between the gender divide.

That philosophy seems to REINFORCE gender stereotypes instead of challenging them.

The braver thing to do would be to say:

"I'm a man" , "I express myself in gender ROLE non-conforming ways" , I don't give a FUCK if you don't like it." ;

by Anonymousreply 69October 22, 2017 11:12 PM

^^^^ exactly

by Anonymousreply 70October 22, 2017 11:13 PM

Exactly, R69!

by Anonymousreply 71October 22, 2017 11:13 PM

Intersex is a biological condition, R67

Genderqueer is being a gay man who thinks that feeling an artistic connection to Billie Holiday and Etta James makes him partially female. It's also the old-fashioned conservative opinion that sucking dick and getting fucked is for females.

Sam Smith is a male homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 72October 22, 2017 11:15 PM

"I'm a big fag but my retarded, illiterate, SWJ fans have shit for brains and won't accept this normal, natural fact."

by Anonymousreply 73October 22, 2017 11:16 PM

"Intersex is a biological condition, [R67]

Genderqueer is being a gay man who thinks that feeling an artistic connection to Billie Holiday and Etta James makes him partially female. It's also the old-fashioned conservative opinion that sucking dick and getting fucked is for females.

Sam Smith is a male homosexual."

HAHA

Oh no I just meant the way they were describing being partially male and female sounded more like being intersex which is a real thing.

No doubt in my mind that he is male

by Anonymousreply 74October 22, 2017 11:19 PM

Well now Smith is genderqueer who prefers to have sex with men.

by Anonymousreply 75October 22, 2017 11:24 PM

His pussy STINKS!

by Anonymousreply 76October 22, 2017 11:27 PM

Ugh, why is it no longer acceptable to be a tomboy, tomgirl, feminine male, or masculine female? Not enough people have the balls to say 'I like things that society says someone of my sex shouldn't. It doesn't make me the opposite sex. It's nothing I should apologize for. Fuck you if you don't like it.'

by Anonymousreply 77October 22, 2017 11:29 PM

It's much easier to spout some Gender Studies shit.

by Anonymousreply 78October 22, 2017 11:33 PM

Dumb people are very proud to repeat the jargon, but they have no understanding of anything, especially how it is regressive.

by Anonymousreply 79October 22, 2017 11:35 PM

I have this hope that deep down they know it's all bullshit and are just repeating it because it's fashionable....

This is why I end up avoiding people my age... or at least all the people my age who claim to be some form of queer and have dyed hair and a undercut

by Anonymousreply 80October 22, 2017 11:41 PM

But it's not the same thing, R77. A tomboy is a girl who likes things "boys like," but it also implies she forsakes things that "girls like." That's not what genderqueer is.

Genderqueer is embracing both sides equally. You are basically blowing up the concept of gender. You are fully male and female at the same time. A tomboy prefers boy things over girl things. A genderqueer person has no preference.

by Anonymousreply 81October 22, 2017 11:42 PM

Male and female describes anatomy not your interests or personality

by Anonymousreply 82October 22, 2017 11:45 PM

things and interests don't have a gender

by Anonymousreply 83October 22, 2017 11:46 PM

[quote]Genderqueer is embracing both sides equally.

It doesn't work that way.

by Anonymousreply 84October 22, 2017 11:49 PM

[quote]Genderqueer is embracing both sides equally.

That's also called being a three dimensional, well-rounded, open-minded HUMAN BEING...and there doesn't need to be anything"queer" about it.

by Anonymousreply 85October 23, 2017 12:01 AM

she's exhausting

and so bland

by Anonymousreply 86October 23, 2017 12:02 AM

R69 Yes, their gender stereotypes are so rigid it's ridiculous .

by Anonymousreply 87October 23, 2017 12:03 AM

What's the difference between genderqueer and gender nonbinary? Or is it the same just different vernacular?

by Anonymousreply 88October 23, 2017 12:04 AM

I've seen them used interchangeably I think they basically mean the same thing

by Anonymousreply 89October 23, 2017 12:08 AM

It is all stupid.

by Anonymousreply 90October 23, 2017 12:09 AM

Gender-Nonbinary , Trans, etc, folks will become the Beanie Babies of the late 2010's.

by Anonymousreply 91October 23, 2017 12:12 AM

with serious side-effects

by Anonymousreply 92October 23, 2017 12:14 AM

If you're born with a dick you're a male, no matter what you say.

by Anonymousreply 93October 23, 2017 12:15 AM

[quote]What's the difference between genderqueer and gender nonbinary?

The definitions (and differences) change depending on who you ask, and we're all expected to keep up. Pure nonsense.

"Genderqueer is embracing both sides equally" - so you're trying to tell us that anyone who identifies as that is 50% male and 50% female. Completely down the middle. Absolutely balanced. I mean, come on, you can't expect people to believe that is actually the case.

by Anonymousreply 94October 23, 2017 12:16 AM

Completely correct r69. All genderqueer philosophy does is reinforce stereotypical gender roles. I try to be open minded but I don't understand it at all.

If you are a gay guy who likes wearing heels or make up sometimes, then be a guy who likes rocking heels or make up. The idea that if you do something "unmanly" you must then be "part woman" is just reinforcing the whole gender steoreotypes of "men must do this, and women must do this".

by Anonymousreply 95October 23, 2017 12:16 AM

I tried to be understanding of it all as well mainly cause I had friends who seemed to have some serious dysphoria about their body which was sad.... but it seemed to be more harmful than helpful.

by Anonymousreply 96October 23, 2017 12:21 AM

But you notice ... none of these posers want to chop their dicks off.

They absolutely love having the MALE sex organ.

No matter how "cunt" these guys feel prancing around in high heels listening to Beyonce, they'll never be women, girls, or females.

by Anonymousreply 97October 23, 2017 12:22 AM

[quote]What he's trying to say is - he feels as much feminine as he does masculine, except he's an idiot who thinks being effeminate= not being a real man.

r19, Exactly. How do people not see this? The progressive thing would be to recognise that the guy in a dress is every bit as much of a man as the guy in uniform. not that the guy in a dress must somehow be 'part woman'. This type of thinking is so freaking regressive it's funny. Why aren't smart people saying this? Why isn't this obvious?

Anyway, just have to say, there is so much common sense in this thread that it should be taught at universities.

by Anonymousreply 98October 23, 2017 12:23 AM

Here's a helpful vlog about being genderqueer from HuffPost.

Yes, genderqueer and gender non-binary can be used interchangeably, although it is true that some people have different nuanced definitions for these terms.

R95, it's not so much that you're 50% male and 50% female. This is about destroying gender entirely. It's more like you're 100% male AND 100% female at the same time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 23, 2017 12:23 AM

[quote] This is about destroying gender entirely. It's more like you're 100% male AND 100% female at the same time.

Unfortunately for them, evolutionary biology has quite a lot to say on the subject.

by Anonymousreply 100October 23, 2017 12:27 AM

HuffPost is garbage. Not watching anything from them. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 101October 23, 2017 12:28 AM

Isn't non-binary just an obnoxious way to say androgenous?

by Anonymousreply 102October 23, 2017 12:28 AM

[quote]This is about destroying gender entirely.

But it isn't destroying gender. It is obsessing over gender roles, and whether this action you do makes you woman-like or male-like. The idea is that because you branch away from some cliche gender role you aren't a man anymore and need another label, because a man could never do something that wasn't cliche manly.

by Anonymousreply 103October 23, 2017 12:29 AM

It's dumber because there are regressive implications to it that did not exist with androgynous, R102

by Anonymousreply 104October 23, 2017 12:29 AM

"Through my life I have struggled to find the right words, the right explanation for what I really am: a genderqueer, non-binary person, no gender and all genders at once."

Here's another great article about being genderqueer and coming to terms with it. Maybe after reading it, some of you will see that the identity is neither repressive nor regressive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105October 23, 2017 12:31 AM

[quote][R95], it's not so much that you're 50% male and 50% female. This is about destroying gender entirely. It's more like you're 100% male AND 100% female at the same time.

r99, ok, and these people know what it's like to be 100% the opposite sex how exactly?

by Anonymousreply 106October 23, 2017 12:32 AM

"This is about destroying gender entirely"

What you're describing here is radical feminism lol

by Anonymousreply 107October 23, 2017 12:33 AM

I'm not sure, R106. I'm not genderqueer. I'm a gay male. I suppose it's like a straight person asking a gay person what it's like being attracted to the same sex. It's a concept completely beyond comprehension unless you yourself are feeling it.

by Anonymousreply 108October 23, 2017 12:35 AM

I loathe to give HuffPost a click, but I did, so here's the summary to the video at R99 so you can avoid it.

A young black gay guy from the UK who calls himself CJ (who looks like a dyke) claims that he has a gender but doesn't identify with one (!?!)

He talks about genderqueer people and the importance of pronouns. It's clear that he has no education outside of the current "gender studies" lingo and no life experience. He just discovered Sylvia Rivera and Paris Is Burning and wants transwomen of color to be recognized.

OK, I need to log off now and hang out with some sane 30 and 40 year-olds.

by Anonymousreply 109October 23, 2017 12:35 AM

[quote]ok, and these people know what it's like to be 100% the opposite sex how exactly?

Some women wear red lipstick,pearls and twirly, vintage dresses. That's all many of these people care about knowing "what is a woman?".

by Anonymousreply 110October 23, 2017 12:40 AM

[quote]I suppose it's like a straight person asking a gay person what it's like being attracted to the same sex.

This false equivalency is so fucking insulting, especially on a gay board.

by Anonymousreply 111October 23, 2017 12:41 AM

Is it like not wanting to say you are effeminent or a tomboy.

Life was easier then.

by Anonymousreply 112October 23, 2017 12:42 AM

Doesn't matter; no woman wants or will want him. Might as well be the true mono.

by Anonymousreply 113October 23, 2017 12:44 AM

[quote]It's a concept completely beyond comprehension unless you yourself are feeling it.

Which is perfectly fine.

Except many of the activists feeling it are also LEGALLY DEMANDING other people feel it too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114October 23, 2017 12:46 AM

R105, you are mistaken if you think people here are not familiar with all of this tired nonsense. We are sick of it ad nauseam. The people on DL are more intelligent than Huffpost and genderqueer blogs. People who are able to think critically, and not just follow jargon can see how this is obviously regressive...and stupid!

by Anonymousreply 115October 23, 2017 12:46 AM

[quote] Is it like not wanting to say you are effeminent or a tomboy.

It's too bad, because that's exactly what most of these young people are.

Unfortunately, they've been robbed of the simple and clear language to say it. Instead, they're drowning in social media which is the worst influence for impressionable, scared, and confused kids and young adults. On Facebook, you can choose any of over FIFTY different gender options.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 23, 2017 12:52 AM

[quote] Instead, they're drowning in social media which is the worst influence for impressionable, scared, and confused kids and young adults. On Facebook, you can choose any of over FIFTY different gender options.

Yes. But the Facebook CEO really only has two words for them: "dumb fucks."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 23, 2017 1:00 AM

R99 is like your friend who thinks she's smart because she's read all the Harry Potter books (or let her iPhone read them to her.)

You might as well say chemtrails are real and cote AlexJones.com (or whatever his website is.)

R108, I'm gay. It feels exactly like being straight except I'm attracted to men. See? Easy. It's not analagous, snowflake.

(So proud of DL tonight. Let's hope this common sense can spread to other threads that spout similar PC nonsense.)

by Anonymousreply 118October 23, 2017 1:02 AM

Gender nonsense explained for dummies in less than 30 seconds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119October 23, 2017 1:06 AM

WTF? I can't make any sense of his quote at r37 except that he seems to have some sort of masochistic fetish about wanting to be one of the girls and "feel the pain" of womanhood both physically and by being treated like shit by men. Which he never will.

But he'll still have his "boy face" to fall back on so he can be taken seriously as a sensitive mainstream "artist."

Whatever. He'll grow up like all snowflakes do. Or just melt and disappear.

by Anonymousreply 120October 23, 2017 1:07 AM

I think a lot more people are wary of it than you may think. I think people just don't want to speak up or say how dumb it is for fear of getting labeled a bigot.

by Anonymousreply 121October 23, 2017 1:08 AM

I'm glad we all seem to be in agreement how regressive this shit is. Doing activity "X" which may be associated with the opposite gender shouldn't mean anything other than you like doing activity X. Declaring it makes you a man / women is the OPPOSITE of what gay's have been fighting for i.e. a gay man fucking another man isn't secretly a women - he's still a MAN.

Gays fought to break ridiculous rigid gender norms.... and now all these fuckswits are trying to impose them. Stand up to this shit because the next leap is GAY man = wants to be a women / IS a women.

by Anonymousreply 122October 23, 2017 1:08 AM

[quote]things and interests don't have a gender

I'm going to use this. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 123October 23, 2017 1:12 AM

thank god for brules rules

by Anonymousreply 124October 23, 2017 1:12 AM

I'm gender non-binary; it's my excuse for being a non-male embarrasment to the gay male non trans (straight men who feel like leeeeesbians inside like rapists) population.

by Anonymousreply 125October 23, 2017 1:53 AM

Is spaghett a genderqueer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126October 23, 2017 1:58 AM

[quote]I'm glad we all seem to be in agreement how regressive this shit is. Doing activity "X" which may be associated with the opposite gender shouldn't mean anything other than you like doing activity X. Declaring it makes you a man / women is the OPPOSITE of what gay's have been fighting for i.e. a gay man fucking another man isn't secretly a women - he's still a MAN. Gays fought to break ridiculous rigid gender norms.... and now all these fuckswits are trying to impose them. Stand up to this shit because the next leap is GAY man = wants to be a women / IS a women.

r122, spot on. The most surprising (and frightening) thing is that the common sense shown in this thread is in any way controversial or disputed.

by Anonymousreply 127October 23, 2017 2:20 AM

Oh [italic][bold]DEAR[/italic][/bold] R120

by Anonymousreply 128October 23, 2017 2:57 AM

What about genderfluid? Is that the same thing as genderqueer and gender nonbinary?

I really try to be sympathetic, because the people around me were when I came out. But for people that don't like labels, this new generation sure make up a lot of them.

by Anonymousreply 129October 23, 2017 3:25 AM

Genderfluid, genderqueer, and gender non-binary are all essentially saying the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 130October 23, 2017 3:27 AM

don't forget agender and bigender

by Anonymousreply 131October 23, 2017 3:29 AM

Genderfluid, genderqueer, and gender non-binary are all essentially saying the same thing: "I'm stupid."

by Anonymousreply 132October 23, 2017 3:30 AM

Is he changing his pronouns?

by Anonymousreply 133October 23, 2017 3:31 AM

“I'm George Bridges [President, Evergreen College], I use he/him pronouns."

by Anonymousreply 134October 23, 2017 3:38 AM

So if I were to be correct in this day and age, I would say "Hello, I'm so and so, and I identify as a cis-gender, gay male, and my pronouns are: he, his, and him.".

Did I do it? Is that right?

by Anonymousreply 135October 23, 2017 3:47 AM

When your gender fluid friend gets more attention from straight guys than you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136October 23, 2017 4:04 AM

there are a lot of confused people out there!

by Anonymousreply 137October 23, 2017 4:46 AM

When did it become a crime to be a guy or a girl (who likes guys or girls)?

by Anonymousreply 138October 23, 2017 4:53 AM

R15 I love you.

by Anonymousreply 139October 23, 2017 4:59 AM

R37 did he really say that? What an idiot. I'd be more likely to believe him if he said he wanted to have cramps, or even better, FIBROIDS!!

by Anonymousreply 140October 23, 2017 5:13 AM

I dont think he came out as anything. he just said when he was a teenager he liked heels & make up. It's the websites that extrapolated from that that he's now gender nonbinary whatever that is. He can't seem to stay out of controversy though. Guess it happens when you're promoting an album and have to give a whole bunch of interviews.

by Anonymousreply 141October 23, 2017 5:20 AM

[quote][R37] did he really say that? What an idiot. I'd be more likely to believe him if he said he wanted to have cramps, or even better, FIBROIDS!!

r140, pretty sure r37 is being sarcastic to make a point. I can understand the confusion as r37 put it in quotes, implying it was something that Sam himself said.

by Anonymousreply 142October 23, 2017 5:57 AM

So does this mean he no longer identifies as gay either?

by Anonymousreply 143October 23, 2017 6:19 AM

r135 it depends. "Gay" now also means being attracted to people of the same gender regardless of their sex. As far as I can tell being or saying you are homosexual apparently makes you a bigot.

by Anonymousreply 144October 23, 2017 6:22 AM

I'm almost wondering if this is just something the article writer interpreted, and not actually something that Sam identifies as. The quote could be taken multiple ways.

by Anonymousreply 145October 23, 2017 6:22 AM

Especially since the original article doesn't mention anything about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146October 23, 2017 6:23 AM

R142 is correct, my post was ridiculing men who think they're female because they don't conform to stereotypical masculine behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 147October 23, 2017 6:42 AM

Can Sam Smith go away and stop trying to make himself happen.

Sounds like a strangled cat when he sings and has the personality of a damp cloth.

by Anonymousreply 148October 23, 2017 6:50 AM

Thank you for clarifying r147 and r37. The divisive "gender identity" cult has gotten so absurd that it's really hard to tell who's serious and who's just mocking the absurdity of it all.

Or just trying to promote themselves with the latest fad.

by Anonymousreply 149October 23, 2017 7:05 AM

Giving birth:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150October 23, 2017 7:46 AM

R148 'Sounds like a strangled cat when he sings'

ROFL

by Anonymousreply 151October 23, 2017 7:48 AM

Wait. He wasn't directly quoted as saying he's gender non binary?!? So it's not only possible, but probable that LOGO just made that shit up and labeled him and we've had this longass thread for no reason? Ugh. He should sue for libel if he's never actually called himself gender non binary.

by Anonymousreply 152October 23, 2017 7:54 AM

"LGBTQ" sites have called dead gay men and lesbians transgender; maybe now they are doing it to living people.

by Anonymousreply 153October 23, 2017 8:24 AM

[quote]genderqueer

All humans are "genderqueer" because all humans have the potential to do anything they like. There's no point stating it as it is redundant.

My state of being doesn't change with my state of dress, the way I speak or with the position of my body.

by Anonymousreply 154October 23, 2017 8:28 AM

true. remember when gigi and zane came out as gender fluid and people were like...no? a lot of policing on these topics

by Anonymousreply 155October 23, 2017 8:39 AM

[quote]Sam Smith Comes Out As Gender-Nonbinary

I wish he would COME OUT with better songs *rimshot*

by Anonymousreply 156October 23, 2017 8:47 AM

He essentially went to high school in drag a couple times so now he's "gender non-binary"? That would make 99% of every male athlete I knew in high school gender non-binary because I can't think of one year where I didn't see one of them dress up as a chick at least once for Halloween or something. That was a THING. And there was no reference to gender this or that. It wasn't considered sexist--it was just "fun", this thing that people don't really have anymore--and nobody gave a rat's ass.

Fuck it. I take everything said about Sam Smith specifically re: this issue back, but anything I said re: the "genderqueer / gender non-binary" issue stands.

by Anonymousreply 157October 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Send him to Russia.

by Anonymousreply 158October 23, 2017 9:46 AM

Genderqueer (GQ), also termed non-binary (NB), is a catch-all category for gender identities that are not exclusively masculine or feminine‍—‌identities which are thus outside the gender binary and cisnormativity.

by Anonymousreply 159October 23, 2017 9:47 AM

this headline is misleading and irresponsible.

by Anonymousreply 160October 23, 2017 9:52 AM

Agender is a term which can be literally translated as 'without gender'.

by Anonymousreply 161October 23, 2017 9:55 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162October 23, 2017 9:57 AM

The problem is with the word "gender" which is used to mean two completely different things - biological sex (as in male or female) and stereotypes about men and women's dress, behavior, social roles, etc.

Trans encourages this confusion because they want you to think they are the same. They definitely are not and it is pretty homophobic, sexist, stupid, and lacking in scientific knowledge to think so.

Can you be "fluid" in terms of what clothes you wear? Yes.

Can you be "fluid" in your biological sex? No.

by Anonymousreply 163October 23, 2017 10:28 AM

Girls! This is just so he can claim to be the first Gender-Nonbinary to win an Oscar. You know, because of that other little misstep.

by Anonymousreply 164October 23, 2017 11:10 AM

The people coming up with this crap are the ones who romanticise oppression. But, given they've locked themselves away in their safe-space echo-chambers, they're protected against real oppression so they've created their own artificial form of it. That's why it's not just enough to claim to be genderqueer, but you also have to insist people use your personal pronouns - because that gives you the chance to scream "discrimination!" if someone doesn't. That's why they constantly create new rules, new definitions, even new words - to constantly confuse people and increase the likelihood they can trip someone up and then get the warm feeling that they're special enough to be oppressed.

by Anonymousreply 165October 23, 2017 11:30 AM

Imagine if a stranger got up in front of a crowded room, completely unprovoked, and said: "I like purple t-shirts"

Everyone would just sit there wondering why that matters and would either want them to sit down and shut the hell up or say something that justifies its relevance in public conversation.

That is exactly the way I feel about this.

Who cares? Are we your friend? No. Are we your lovers? No. Do we even know who you are? Many of us, probably not. And, yet, you feel the need to proclaim who you are...as if it were at all important to any of us... Wait, that sounds like something...what is it? Narcissism. That's the word.

Get over yourselves. YOU care about who you are. For the most part, NOBODY ELSE DOES.

How about identifying as SILENT for once? You'll gain a lot more acceptance that way.

by Anonymousreply 166October 23, 2017 11:55 AM

[quote]As far as I can tell being or saying you are homosexual apparently makes you a bigot.

Which is exactly why I've begun to use that term again when nosy people inquire about my romantic life.

by Anonymousreply 167October 23, 2017 12:03 PM

And he wonders why he can't hang on to a man.

Correction, Sam: you just too good at making guys say goodbye as fast as possible with this shit.

by Anonymousreply 168October 23, 2017 12:29 PM

*ooops silly me and my lil lady brain, I seem to have damaged my artistic credibility and legacy *

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169October 24, 2017 12:34 PM

Gay erasure

by Anonymousreply 170October 24, 2017 12:56 PM

R166, he is promoting an agenda. Being silent doesn't help roll back gains by gays or women or promote the sexualizing of children - the T agenda does. He is an effeminate gay man who is also promoting gay erasure.

by Anonymousreply 171October 24, 2017 1:00 PM

Sam Smith in LEGGINGS?

by Anonymousreply 172October 24, 2017 1:00 PM

R150, bet he watches sissy hypno videos...

by Anonymousreply 173October 24, 2017 1:04 PM

R166 Red Forman?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174October 24, 2017 1:12 PM

R116 having just scan read that list, 'Two-Spirit' is the only legit option on it. But how many fb users are true Native Two-Spirit people, exactly? Couldn't the few have applied to mods for special dispensation so they could include 'Two-Spirit' on their personal pages? Instead of creating a ubiquitous drop-down for others to abuse?

by Anonymousreply 175October 24, 2017 1:17 PM

Wasn’t one of his first music videos about a tranny?

by Anonymousreply 176October 24, 2017 1:23 PM

Which pronouns should we use for Sam Smith?

by Anonymousreply 177October 24, 2017 8:31 PM

He should come out with good music

by Anonymousreply 178October 24, 2017 8:43 PM

Sam Smith didn’t come out as gender nonbinary. The media came out for him.

by Anonymousreply 179October 24, 2017 8:46 PM

He was on Ellen today. He addressed his "first gay man to win an Oscar" comment. He said he had to kiss many men for inspiration for his album. Ellen scared the shit outta him twice. And he also confirmed he is no longer single and lonely, and a few songs on his new album are about his new beau, but didn't say who he is. Probably that guy he was seen kissing the other day. Don't remember his name.

I was also surprised at how tall he is. And his clothes? He has money, why does he dress this way?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180October 25, 2017 1:16 AM

[quote]He has money, why does he dress this way?

Because he’s 25 years-old....

by Anonymousreply 181October 25, 2017 10:58 AM

I like his style. He looks good in that clip from Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 182October 25, 2017 11:12 AM

So is S/he both a gay man and an heterosexual woman?

by Anonymousreply 183October 25, 2017 4:27 PM

'he’s 25 years-old'

He looks older

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184October 25, 2017 4:35 PM

I've personally never encountered a 25 year old that dresses like him. His clothes don't flatter his new figure.

by Anonymousreply 185October 25, 2017 8:20 PM

It's called not having style

by Anonymousreply 186October 25, 2017 8:27 PM

he looks like an even uglier Justin Timberlake

by Anonymousreply 187October 25, 2017 8:53 PM

He's lost mad weight, has mad talent and mad $$$.. unfortunately he's just not pretty and never will be. Just goes to show that being attractive is the key to life..

by Anonymousreply 188October 25, 2017 9:01 PM

At least he has a nice twink boyfriend. Isn't that the goal?

by Anonymousreply 189October 25, 2017 11:59 PM

He was cute before weight loss

by Anonymousreply 190October 26, 2017 12:11 AM

[quote]And he also confirmed he is no longer single and lonely

Oh, he WILL be soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 191October 26, 2017 12:15 AM

Well, R188.... and I swear I don't mean this bitchy, he DOES have an Oscar, a hot lover(for now), a couple of hit songs, money in the bank, fame,numerous awards and is even in the Guiness Book of Records.

Now mind you, I'm am NOT a fan and his success is rather inexplicable to me, but to say "just goes to show that being attractive is the key to life" seems a little illogical to me.

by Anonymousreply 192October 26, 2017 12:22 AM

He's famous. That alone gets him the hottest Instagram hoes out there, regardless of his looks. Hell I bet he didn't even have to lose weight to get laid by guys way out of his league.

I'd bet my favorite silver dollar that any one of the hot Instagram guys that the DL fawns over would bend over for Sam in a heartbeat. He's doing fine, shitty clothes and all.

by Anonymousreply 193October 26, 2017 12:45 AM

I think he's really cute with the weight loss. But he sounds like an idiot. I'd fuck him if I got the chance, but I wouldn't date him.

by Anonymousreply 194October 26, 2017 12:47 AM

[quote]I've personally never encountered a 25 year old that dresses like him

Yeah, well...you can’t meet people in your basement.

by Anonymousreply 195October 26, 2017 8:44 AM

He dresses like a typical hipster douche.

by Anonymousreply 196October 26, 2017 12:02 PM

Surely a former classmate has a photo of the leggings and furs? Are the PETA crowd after him?

by Anonymousreply 197October 26, 2017 12:06 PM

His clothes are stylish and cool. I like them. I know it's DL, but some of you type VERY old.

by Anonymousreply 198October 26, 2017 12:09 PM

R197 enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199October 26, 2017 12:42 PM

Bonus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200October 26, 2017 12:42 PM

This is why we can’t have nice things

by Anonymousreply 201October 26, 2017 12:45 PM

This is why they hate us

by Anonymousreply 202October 26, 2017 12:45 PM

R200 serving Sideshow Bob realness

by Anonymousreply 203October 26, 2017 12:51 PM

He’s balding rapidly.

by Anonymousreply 204October 26, 2017 2:27 PM

"Do it as a man except do it in heels."

by Anonymousreply 205October 26, 2017 2:39 PM

He's young. I'll give him a pass for his pretentiousness. When he hits around 35, if he still panders to the mainstream pc bullshit, then I'll judge him.

by Anonymousreply 206October 26, 2017 7:25 PM

Young? He's 25. Too old for dabbling in this gender stuff.

by Anonymousreply 207October 26, 2017 7:36 PM

Word R207. This is a hot topic...for middleschool lunchtime polls. Or Tumblr discourse. If you're +21 this should embarrass you. If you're +31 you shouldn't even know what any of this means.

If he even mentioned gender at all - was he trying to hook into a teen audience? Is it a faux-punk publicity grab or what?

by Anonymousreply 208October 26, 2017 9:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209October 26, 2017 9:44 PM

Adam Lambert and Sam Smith

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210October 26, 2017 9:45 PM

Sam Smith photographed by Inez & Vinoodh, V magazine’s Music issue, spring 2015

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211October 26, 2017 9:47 PM

Anytime I have someone asking my pronouns I know to get away

by Anonymousreply 212October 26, 2017 9:54 PM

Who remembers that insane guy on youtube who was gender non binary and made a video screaming at everyone that his pronouns were not preferred, they were mandatory for interaction with him?

by Anonymousreply 213October 26, 2017 11:17 PM

This is going on and then crazies like the Larries are still spazzing on about Louis from 1d being forcibly closeted and forced by a contract to fake a baby.

by Anonymousreply 214October 26, 2017 11:18 PM

I don't understand, R208. Are you saying that after 21 we shouldn't care about LGBTQ rights and issues? Or that after 31 we shouldn't even be able to comprehend the issues?

I'm 34 and I both understand what coming out as genderqueer means and I can respect and support it, even though I don't identify that way myself.

We are all understand the same, big queer umbrella, fighting for the same rights as everyone else. We should be applauding and supporting Sam Smith- he is breaking down barriers after all and helping to normalize non-binary identities within straight communities- rather than mocking him and undermining his message.

by Anonymousreply 215October 27, 2017 1:30 AM

Orrrr he's just a gnc man and that's okay

by Anonymousreply 216October 27, 2017 1:51 AM

I will support your rights, R215, if you lay off transing kids, support the choice of lesbians to same- biological sex relationships and support the rights of women to have biologically sex segregated facilities and to compete in athletics with others of the same biological sex.

If you don't, then I'm coming for you and all your mentally-ill brethren.

by Anonymousreply 217October 27, 2017 2:11 AM

I change the station when his music comes on, not going to support him.

by Anonymousreply 218October 27, 2017 3:49 AM

Dear God he’s fugly. Head like a busted cunt.

by Anonymousreply 219October 27, 2017 4:01 AM

Kill it with fire.

by Anonymousreply 220October 27, 2017 4:03 AM

Sam Smith comes out as non-binary. Paloma Faith to raise her child as gender-neutral. What's next? Ed Sheeran and Adele coming out as Agender?

by Anonymousreply 221October 27, 2017 4:04 AM

There are two sexes: male and female. We are a sexually dimorphic species. There are genetic disorders and birth defects that can obscure one's biological sex, but at the genetic level, all mammals are intended to be either male or female. That is a fact. Behavior is a different discussion. While men and women might have some differences in behavior between the sexes, human beings, by and large, are more similar than dissimilar. Most of the differences in behavior attributed to men and women are a social construct. Not surprisingly, the idiots who buy into trans and non binary also refer to the social constructs of gender to support their lunacy.

There is nothing wrong with being a guy who fucks guys. Or a woman who likes to keep her hair short, armpits unshaved, and wear flannel. You can't change your sex/gender. Just be yourself.

by Anonymousreply 222October 27, 2017 4:16 AM

woke teen vogue says no

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223October 27, 2017 6:42 AM

I blocked the trans worshipper at R215. You are too fucking stupid for words.

by Anonymousreply 224October 27, 2017 12:09 PM

Jesus it’s like the Pod People. I don’t care about Smith (gave him up as a lost case) but If Steve goes down this route I swear I’ll shoot-up a school or something 😤

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225October 27, 2017 12:51 PM

Sam is just one of those guys who likes to wear drag sometimes and is calling it non binary to appeal to the tumblr crowd, where everyone is asexual or trans.

by Anonymousreply 226October 27, 2017 7:57 PM

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! PLEASE JESUS NOT HIMMMMM 😔

Frank has gone full tranny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227October 29, 2017 12:45 PM

^This has broke my heart. Now I have nobody now to look up to

by Anonymousreply 228October 29, 2017 12:48 PM

The erasure of gays and women is real...

by Anonymousreply 229October 29, 2017 3:14 PM

Re R227. look at this cancer:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230October 30, 2017 10:19 AM

How is this erasure of gays? He is just a part of the LGBTQ community now. We stand stronger together; the republicans want to divide us and weaken us. Don't fall for their traps.

by Anonymousreply 231October 30, 2017 10:41 AM

Look at R231 haha....thanks for the laugh

by Anonymousreply 232October 30, 2017 10:43 AM

Since he is not attractive, who cares what gender Sam Smith is?

by Anonymousreply 233October 30, 2017 10:46 AM

Well, Frank OTOH *was* attractive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234October 30, 2017 10:57 AM

The LGBTQwhatever = cult of self-loathers

by Anonymousreply 235October 30, 2017 11:22 AM

We are not stronger together with a movement that mutilates and sterilizes gay kids, this is not Iran.

by Anonymousreply 236October 30, 2017 12:14 PM

Masculine girls and feminine boys will be forced to change their sex.

by Anonymousreply 237October 30, 2017 12:54 PM

Meetings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238October 30, 2017 9:19 PM

Sam is a desperate transitioning bottom but it's weird the way he dates fellow bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 239October 30, 2017 11:55 PM

Why are these successful gay men so desperate to sabotage their careers and reverse decades of hard won acceptance, by reviving these regressive cliches and stereotypes?

by Anonymousreply 240October 31, 2017 12:06 AM

Because he is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 241October 31, 2017 12:11 AM

There's something really creepy looking about him. His head looks too big for his scrawny torso and he still has fat legs. He has a real junkie face, with black shadows under his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 242October 31, 2017 12:21 AM

[quote] Comes Out As Gender-Nonbinary

what the fuck is this? today's kids and their labels.

by Anonymousreply 243October 31, 2017 12:24 AM

R243, he told the world he's transitioning. It's not funny or clever.

by Anonymousreply 244October 31, 2017 12:29 AM

He looks like a rat 🐀

by Anonymousreply 245October 31, 2017 12:37 AM
by Anonymousreply 246November 4, 2017 1:02 AM

Hey gay men: Give Sam Smith a break

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247November 6, 2017 5:50 AM

R247 related

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248November 6, 2017 5:56 AM

He is basically ex-gay. Supporting him is like supporting Kirk Cameron.

by Anonymousreply 249November 6, 2017 6:15 AM

Sam Smith comes out as an idiot

by Anonymousreply 250November 6, 2017 6:39 AM

Sam Smith comes out as Tracee Ellis Ross in whiteface.

by Anonymousreply 251December 6, 2017 7:13 PM

So he's willing to sell gay men and maleness on the sword to do it? He's an anti-gay bigot and gay men need to boycott him.

by Anonymousreply 252December 6, 2017 7:15 PM

[quote] So he's willing to throw gay men and maleness on the sword to do it? He's an anti-gay bigot and gay men need to boycott him.

Fixed, sorry. This is a war on gay people, pure and simple. By buying his albums you are complicit in gay erasure.

by Anonymousreply 253December 6, 2017 7:16 PM

Now I can say it: I fucking hate Sam Smith and all these other anti-gay turncoats who pander to us only to sell us out with this transcult propaganda. I will not watch anything Julie Andrews is in for the same reason after she did the same on that Netflix Muppet Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254December 6, 2017 7:18 PM

And he's a racist, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255December 6, 2017 7:20 PM

I like him, I don't see where he is saying he now wants to be a woman. People are reaching with him, there will never be a perfect gay celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 256December 6, 2017 7:23 PM

Not with R256 saying we should settle for less. This is gay erasure. He is pushing the sexist homophobic lie that femininity = female. This needs to stop. I will boycott him for this.

by Anonymousreply 257December 6, 2017 7:32 PM

Perfection is settling for less. I want gay celebrities who are not openly gay, who have no hangups about being gay or talking about being gay, who actively take part in gay culture and keeping gay culture gay, and who do not pander to the hetero-transcult axis of oppression and erasure in any way, shape, or form. And it wouldn't kill them if they actually lived up to the hype surrounding them which he does not.

Boycott Sam Smith as long as he pushes this sexist transcult propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 258December 6, 2017 7:35 PM

What Julie Andrews did R254

by Anonymousreply 259December 6, 2017 8:06 PM

Mercury was nasal and Celine Dion too

by Anonymousreply 260December 6, 2017 8:07 PM

If you are looking for gay perfection, then you have to ban everyone, you can't just pick the ones you don't like. It's fine not to like his music, but calling for an all-out boycott is hypocritical. Why aren't we banning the straights that pander like Nick Jonas and Harry Styles too?

by Anonymousreply 261December 6, 2017 8:08 PM

We should ban all the closeted c()nts pretending to be allies first

by Anonymousreply 262December 6, 2017 8:12 PM

Shill at R261, as if!

by Anonymousreply 263December 6, 2017 8:28 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264March 15, 2019 5:46 PM

So man isn’t good enough. Or gay man or homosexual man.

by Anonymousreply 265March 15, 2019 5:50 PM

How excruciating

by Anonymousreply 266March 15, 2019 6:01 PM

He really is dim

by Anonymousreply 267March 15, 2019 6:09 PM

Douglas Murray reproached for 'misgendering' Smith:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268September 24, 2019 4:41 AM

Good for him

by Anonymousreply 269September 24, 2019 5:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!