Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jennifer Lawrence was placed in a nude line up and told to lose weight.

“When I was much younger and starting out, I was told by producers of a film to lose 15 pounds in two weeks,” she said, revealing another actress before her had already been fired for not losing the weight fast enough.

“During this time a female producer had me do a nude line-up with about five women who were much, much, thinner than me. We are stood side-by-side with only tape on covering our privates,” she added.

“After that degrading and humiliating line-up, the female producer told me I should use the naked photos of myself as inspiration for my diet.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 5, 2019 5:55 AM

Names, darling. Names!

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2017 1:40 PM

Oh so this is the story she's going to go with when more of her nudes pop up? Nice touch with the "female producer," thing. That'll throw them off Harvey's scent (which lingers on her neck)!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2017 1:44 PM

That is very reminiscent of the Magdalene Sisters. And accounts from concentration camps.

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2017 1:47 PM

Oh, fuck Jennifer Lawrence. "Camera thin, camera ready." It's a well known, looooooong established maxim about working in front of a camera. If you are not naturally an ectomorph or you don't want to spend your entire life policing every morsel of food that goes into your mouth, then don't pursue a career in the movies. She has been selling sexual imagery of herself since she was a teenager. She has a bigger score to settle with her parents who allowed her to do that than she will ever have with Harvey Weinstein.

Here she is wearing less than tape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2017 1:55 PM

"Nice touch with the "female producer," thing."

Don't be so naive. The problem with most women in Hollywood is that they are more than willing to ape many of the most misogynistic (and homophobic) behavior of their male counterparts to seem like "one of the boys" and have at least a slim chance of getting ahead in the business. They drank the Kool-Aid and are - in many ways - as bad as the men.

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2017 1:57 PM

Can't say i'm surprised. And she hasn't turned into a skeleton yet.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2017 1:57 PM

Honestly, I can't watch many of these stick-thin women. They look like half-starved refugees in a camp. The only reason that men like women to be so thin is so they can feel protective and powerful.

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2017 2:00 PM

R5 who is being naive? If you think she wasn't one of Harvey's girls and doing her best to cover it up... you're the naive one.

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2017 2:00 PM

You can make a sick amount of money in Hollywood. Fabulous wealth is always a possibility. For that kind of money, people can be bought and people will allow themselves to be sold.

Where are the stories of aspiring actors and actresses whoring themselves out to failed producers and unsuccessful directors and powerless agents? Those people can be just as abusive as Harvey Weinstein or Scott Rudin. But for no money... no incentive to put up with it.

People in show business put up with all kinds of abuse, every day, every where. But it's all in hopes of the big break that might come. Some day. So keep your head down and don't rock the boat. People know what is going on. They put up with it, even when it is directed at themselves.

Stand up for yourself, you dignity, your integrity, your self respect? What? And leave show business?

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2017 2:21 PM

Damn, Gordita!

You FAT!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2017 3:16 PM

You sold yourself to Weinstein honey, now run along and enjoy your money.

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2017 3:23 PM

She looks absolutely stunning. I might add her to my dream girl list. I used to agree with Chloe Sevigny that Lawrence was annoying and crass but it seems like there's a tenderness in there somewhere, buried under that suede-lunged voice and bull-dyke A personality trying to be likable with that rehearsed shtick.

by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2017 4:28 PM

She should have listened to the producer.

by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2017 4:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2017 4:37 PM

That's how I became FLOTUS.

by Anonymousreply 15October 17, 2017 6:35 PM

I mean, who would go to a job interview and agree to participate in a line up of random nude people? That sounds like something out of a Pasolini.

At some point these people need to realise, they ALLOWED themselves to be treated this way. And every time they ALLOWED it to happen to them, they were making it permissible to do to someone else!

by Anonymousreply 16October 17, 2017 6:42 PM

^..film.

by Anonymousreply 17October 17, 2017 6:43 PM

Again, who set up this meeting with the nude line-up? Her agent? It's all getting weird weird weird.

I assure you there are plenty of actresses in L.A. that did just fine without ANY of this. Or, rather, they said "No." And still did fine. Or they followed Courtney's advice, "DON'T GO" and didn't go and still did fine.

When I worked on a show, one of the producers decided he wanted a female exec to do a "breast check" on the actresses who would be doing nudity because he wasn't happy with the way one looked in dailies (the gorgeous Virginia Madsen, if you can believe that). The guy I worked for told him he was out of his mind if he thought he would ask actresses to do that and the subject was dropped. That easy word again: "No." Just because the shit is out there doesn't mean you have to participate and I know a lot of working actors and actresses who did not.

by Anonymousreply 18October 17, 2017 6:45 PM

X-Men: First Class had a female producer. Lawrence plays Mystiique, a role that means spending a lot of time in mostly body make-up. She did lose weight and work out for the role. So, given the role's requirements, I can see there being a nude body check. Lawrence did work out and lose weight for the role. She was at a point in her career where getting the role would have been a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 19October 17, 2017 7:35 PM

So who was the fat sow who was fired from Mystique so they could replace her with Jennifer Goddamn Lawrence?

by Anonymousreply 20October 17, 2017 8:01 PM

Ever see the movie Starry Eyes? Recent events make me think the movie is true to life.

by Anonymousreply 21October 17, 2017 8:49 PM

R20, one site says Amber Heard was talked about. Alice Eve was supposed to be cast in another part, but an agreement couldn't be reached. So that's two possibilities. Heard doesn't look like she's ever been less than svelte, though. Alice Eve, on the other hand, looks like she has to watch calories to stay actress-thin. There are pix of her looking somewhat chunky.

by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2017 9:28 PM

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 23November 4, 2018 2:13 AM

[quote]and told to lose weight

and she did

by Anonymousreply 24November 4, 2018 2:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 4, 2018 2:20 AM

her eyes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 4, 2018 2:21 AM

[quote] and told to suck dick

and she did

by Anonymousreply 27November 4, 2018 2:22 AM

[quote]and told to suck dick

Charlize and Renee did it too

by Anonymousreply 28November 4, 2018 2:24 AM

Uma did it First

by Anonymousreply 29November 4, 2018 2:25 AM

WTF??????

Are you seriously confirming that Charlize Theron, Rene Zinkweller, and J-Law sucked Harvey Weinstein off AND that Uma Thurman did it also?

by Anonymousreply 30November 4, 2018 2:29 AM

R5, How right you are. I was told to get surgery to remove one of my ribs so I'd look thinner. I have a proportionately very short trunk so one of my ribs sticks out. The powerhouse woman was serious too.

by Anonymousreply 31November 4, 2018 2:33 AM

Is she mad no one wants to see thunder thighs and jawls?

by Anonymousreply 32November 4, 2018 2:37 AM

Why would she even submit to that...tell the fuckers to get a body double.

by Anonymousreply 33November 4, 2018 2:39 AM

R22 Alice eve was supposed to play Emma frost not mystique, it's well known Matthew Vaughn impregnated January Jones during filming that movie.

by Anonymousreply 34November 4, 2018 2:45 AM

Which film?

by Anonymousreply 35November 4, 2018 2:45 AM

X men first class

by Anonymousreply 36November 4, 2018 2:46 AM

She looks beautiful in OP’s photo.

by Anonymousreply 37November 4, 2018 2:47 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 4, 2018 2:54 AM

Charlize is another one when she first came on the scene she came out of Nowhere just another model, she was getting some big time roles in big movies off the bat with no theater education.

Her first role came in a Miramax straight to video film, Harvey Weinstein produced it Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest

After that she was getting major movie roles left and right, Harvey gave her that push and put her name out there.

by Anonymousreply 39November 4, 2018 2:56 AM

Should the people who fucked their way to stardom be blacklisted?

by Anonymousreply 40November 4, 2018 2:58 AM

R10 I fucking love Mary Cherry!

by Anonymousreply 41November 4, 2018 2:59 AM

I want Weinstein to write a book about all the woman who WILLINGLY fucked him to get where they got in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 42November 4, 2018 2:59 AM

I wish more actresses would talk about how nothing happened or how they resisted the casting couch. Gretchen Mol’s op ed was interesting. I want to hear both sides of how to navigate Hollywood. Don’t tell me everybody slept with him. Salma Hayek didn’t and she did OK.

by Anonymousreply 43November 4, 2018 3:02 AM

She's pretty in OP but I can never remember what she looks like. I don't think I'd be able to pick her out from a lineup. Utterly forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 44November 4, 2018 3:02 AM

I don't believe Hayek and Mol

by Anonymousreply 45November 4, 2018 3:07 AM

this is hollywood and saying no will get you black listed from potential movies. sure, they could have the integrity and say no, or get plowed by an old fat guy and keep getting that multi-million dollar pay check and a lavish life style. they are actors/actresses anyways.... they spend their lives pretending, so weinstein going balls deep on them is just another role to play

by Anonymousreply 46November 4, 2018 3:07 AM

Anyone who is or was known for never saying no? That must not be good for ones career either.

by Anonymousreply 47November 4, 2018 3:10 AM

Penelope Ann Miller is the all time WTF. She popped up in lead roles in like a New York minute. It was astounding. She was of non-descript talent in every role and left you asking 'why?'. I remember Siskel and Ebert reviewing one of her movies and sayin, "here is a young actress who has put together an astound list of lead roles in a short amount of time ...", and the overwhelming question was why?

Jennifer Lawrence's rise to fame has been shady as fuck IMO.

by Anonymousreply 48November 4, 2018 3:10 AM

I guess only older actresses like Dench, Meryl and Glenn didn't fuck Harvey for roles JLaw, Goop, Theron, Adams, Winslet, Cotillard they all did it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 4, 2018 3:13 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 4, 2018 3:15 AM

Harvey Weinstein and TV personality Heidi Klum (back, L) and actress Uma Thurman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 4, 2018 3:16 AM

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 52May 4, 2019 10:27 PM

All hookers.

by Anonymousreply 53May 4, 2019 10:53 PM

If Lawrence's story actually happened, I hope she has now used her star power to crush, degrade, and debase that woman producer and everyone involved in that story.

While the maxim that the people you see while climbing up the ladder are the same ones you see falling down it is true for most people, when you've made as much money as she has, it wouldn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 54May 4, 2019 11:17 PM

[quote]“During this time a female producer had me do a nude line-up with about five women who were much, much, thinner than me

When she started out acting she was a kid. So she stood in a nude line up while she was a kid and her mother let her? She's lying or her mother pimped her out and was fine with her standing nude as a teenager for a role. This is complete bullshit. She was an adult when Winter's Bone came out and she already had an established reputation as an actress, so they weren't having her in any lineups with other women while she was nude.

by Anonymousreply 55May 4, 2019 11:35 PM

[quote]I hope she has now used her star power to crush, degrade, and debase that woman producer and everyone involved in that story.

Oh please. When women like Jane Fonda and other big named complained about how sexist and objectifying that Seth McFarlane "We saw your boobs" song at the Oscars was, she defended him and said the women needed to take a joke. She didn't give two shits about female empowerment then.

Some of these women are just hopping on the MeToo bandwagon because its good PR. Don't kid yourselves that all of them really give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 56May 4, 2019 11:43 PM

I think she put this out there right after the Weinstein allegations to deflect. Blake Lively did the same thing, she deflected questions about Harvey by putting a story out about some creeper on the set of Gossip Girl that tried to film her while she slept.

by Anonymousreply 57May 4, 2019 11:48 PM

This is why Chrissy Metz keeps the weight on, so she doesn't have to go through humiliating bullshit like this.

by Anonymousreply 58May 4, 2019 11:57 PM

I don't think there's enough tape in America to cover Chrissy's privates R58.

by Anonymousreply 59May 5, 2019 12:00 AM

[quote]I think she put this out there right after the Weinstein allegations to deflect.

No, this is not recent. The quotes the OP posted came from an interview she did years before the Weinstein scandal. She was addressing Hollywood’s obsession with actresses being thin, not #MeToo.

Whether she’s being truthful or exaggerating her experience is another story. Remember, this is the same Jennifer whose PR claimed she graduated early from high school because she was super smart, when the truth was she didn’t even finish middle school.

by Anonymousreply 60May 5, 2019 2:02 AM

r60 According to the OP article, she spoke on this in October 2017, which was immediately after all the Weinstein allegations started. Post the link to when she said this years before this.

by Anonymousreply 61May 5, 2019 3:50 AM

R57 Of course she did. She was one of Harvey's girls. Harvey is the one who leaked her nudes.

by Anonymousreply 62May 5, 2019 3:53 AM

Please tell me there is a male version of this story.... or maybe someone can invent it :)

by Anonymousreply 63May 5, 2019 5:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!