Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is the BEST EVER Released Single in the U.S. about Jason Voorhees? PART 2: A New Beginning

It's Friday the 13th in OCTOBER, bitches! YOU'RE ALL DOOMED!

We have to do our Jason song poll over again because of good suggestions overlooked and a lame Datalounger who thinks "The Darkest Side of the Night" by Metropolis is "The Shit."

So what truly IS the BEST EVER song about Jason Voorhees, the homicidal hockey goalie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 10, 2020 3:51 AM

My personal fave from my personal favorite Friday the 13th movie:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2017 9:12 AM

'80s New Wavers from Australia Pseudo Echo did the theme for Part 5!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2017 9:15 AM

Glenn Danzig and the Misfits' recent "Friday the 13th" is playable on the car and cabin radios in the new Friday the 13th: The Game!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2017 9:17 AM

"Mr. Voorhees" by Capricorn snared several votes in our 2016 poll:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2017 9:19 AM

M.C. Froggy Fresh and his "nerdcore rap" have some fans:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2017 9:20 AM

Frightmare's death metal impressed some Dataloungers last year:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2017 9:22 AM

R 112 from the "Watching Friday the 13th in Reverse" thread believes "Darkest Side of the Night," always playing throughout the craptacular Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan,

[quote]captures the spirit of dread perfectly while remaining catchy as hell (catchier than the cheesy Cooper song for sure). Everything about DSOTN is great, from the lyrics to the guitar and synth work to the Phil Collins-esque drums.

As if Phil Collins isn't the Basickest Bitch Who Ever Basicked. Please don't vote for this soft-ass, soft rock which doesn't explicitly mention Jason or Friday the 13th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2017 9:28 AM

A poster from last year's poll found this modern gem by Wolfie's Just Fine, a band. Wolfie's creator Jon Lajoie used to make irreverent comedy songs on Youtube — you may remember "Show Me Your Genitals."

But he's doing more serious folk music now, including this beautiful "coming of age" viewing of a Friday the 13th film:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2017 9:34 AM

I was sitting on the toilet this summer when I forgot this obscure Jason tune from the '80s I caught on the Dr. Demento show as a kid.

The Five Dementians with "My Friend Jason."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2017 9:36 AM

Datalounge's poll doesn't have room for "Voorhees' Revenge" by Force of Evil:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2017 9:38 AM

"Crystal Lake's Legacy" by Voorhees can't fit in the poll, either.

But they did name their WHOLE BAND after Jason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 13, 2017 9:40 AM

Yay, Alice Cooper is winning!!

by Anonymousreply 12October 13, 2017 12:30 PM

Does anyone care to share which way they voted and why?

by Anonymousreply 13October 13, 2017 6:04 PM

Just when I thought Alice Cooper would finally take his rightful place in this poll, Harry Manfredini has surged to a dead heat with him!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 13, 2017 7:37 PM

Duh .............the best song in any Friday The 13th movie was 'Oooh Baby/Hey Baby' ................... here is the remix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 13, 2017 8:28 PM

Thanks for bringing back a fan video I introduced to the Friday the 13th threads.

The problem is, it's not a professional Single. It doesn't mention Jason or Friday the 13th, either. But it sure is fun!

by Anonymousreply 16October 13, 2017 8:40 PM

Harry Manfredini is winning again!

by Anonymousreply 17October 14, 2017 1:02 AM

Well, the Theme from Part 3 wins again. Seems Datalounge is pretty committed to it.

by Anonymousreply 18October 14, 2017 8:51 PM

So, does the Theme from Friday Part 3 always win on Datalounge because the gays like disco dancing?

Something tells me straight people would choose Alice Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2017 6:23 PM

Bumping the thread increased Manfredini's lead.

by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2017 8:44 PM

Do we need to redo this poll to include “Sail Away, Tiny Sparrow” by Harry Manfredini?

The Dolly Partonesque tune plays three times in the original Friday the 13th, including the jump scare with Boy Jason at Alice’s boat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 13, 2018 3:45 PM

[Quote] Wolfie's Just Fine, a band.

T2 reference???

by Anonymousreply 22April 13, 2018 4:20 PM

Yes, Wolfie's Just Fine is a Terminator 2 reference.

He's basically a Gen X folk musician who makes pop culture references.

by Anonymousreply 23April 13, 2018 4:57 PM

Now Part 3's theme has pulled way ahead of Alice Cooper.

Harry Manfredini did the musical scores for most of the Friday the 13th films. He co-wrote the funky Part 3 theme with Michael Zager, calling themselves the disco band "Hot Ice."

by Anonymousreply 24April 14, 2018 3:01 AM

Yay! Alice Cooper is finally close to beating "Hot Ice" in the poll!

by Anonymousreply 25October 29, 2018 5:00 PM

It looks like Harry Manfredini and Michael Zagar hold the title for another year. Why can't Dataloungers be younger?!

by Anonymousreply 26October 31, 2018 6:24 PM

Happy Friday the 13th!

by Anonymousreply 27September 13, 2019 9:12 PM

Alice Cooper just can't overcome that Manfredini beat.

by Anonymousreply 28October 28, 2019 4:29 PM

Alice Cooper was robbed!

by Anonymousreply 29May 10, 2020 3:23 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 10, 2020 3:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!