Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Roswell, awful 90s WB show notable only for Jason Behr's body, is getting rebooted

They're adding Mexicans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600February 14, 2019 12:36 AM

[quote]They're adding Mexicans.

In the real world, 44% of Roswell's population is latino.

Shouldn't be surprised by this reboot, everything gets a reboot these days!

by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2017 8:12 PM

They never showed Jason Behr's body enough on that show.

He was really cute in it. His character had this quiet intensity, which I thought was sexy.

Here's hoping the new men are hot with amazing bodies!

by Anonymousreply 2October 12, 2017 8:42 PM

Wasn't Roswell a big cult hit?

by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2017 8:56 PM

It was cancelled after 3 seasons because its ratings were low, but the fanbase it had was very dedicated. Definitely a cult hit.

I remember they mailed in hotsauce to the WB offices desperately trying to save the show.

by Anonymousreply 4October 12, 2017 8:58 PM

I remember Jason's body. My private name for him was Jason Bare because he should have been bare all the time. But boy did he flop when that show was over. The only thing I remember him in since was as fellow flopstress Sarah Michelle Geller's boyfriend in The Ring.

by Anonymousreply 5October 12, 2017 9:16 PM

Imdb tells me Jason Behr hasn't had an acting gig in 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 6October 12, 2017 9:18 PM

I'm still trying to find out who is the audience for all these upcoming shows featuring "undocumented immigrants"

by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2017 9:18 PM

This was a nice photo shoot Jason did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2017 9:23 PM

[bold]Jeanine Mason Cast As the Lead Of the CW Reboot Pilot[/bold]

[quote]Reluctantly returning to her tourist-trap hometown of Roswell, New Mexico, Liz Ortecho (Mason), a jaded biomedical researcher and the daughter of undocumented immigrants, is haunted by a tragic incident. She discovers a shocking truth about her teenage crush who is now a police officer: He’s an alien who has kept his unearthly abilities hidden his entire life. She protects his secret as the two reconnect and begin to investigate his origins, but when a violent attack and long-standing government cover-up point to a greater alien presence on Earth, the politics of fear and hatred threaten to expose him and destroy their deepening romance.

[quote]Mason, whose parents are of Cuban descent, currently recurs as Dr. Sam Bello on ABC’s [italic]Grey’s Anatomy[/italic] and was previously a series regular on the network’s [italic]Of Kings and Prophets[/italic]. The actress, who started her career as a dancer, winning Season 5 of Fox’s [italic]So You Think You Can Dance[/italic], also has done guest spots on [italic]Criminal Minds[/italic], [italic]You’re the Worst[/italic] and [italic]Major Crimes[/italic]. In features, she is probably best known for her role in [italic]The Archer[/italic].

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 17, 2018 4:22 PM

Never watched, were there ever any aliens on it?

by Anonymousreply 10February 17, 2018 4:25 PM

Yes, that was the premise of the show r10. It was about some aliens living as teens in this town.

by Anonymousreply 11February 17, 2018 4:27 PM

It was a dumb show.

by Anonymousreply 12February 17, 2018 4:28 PM

The main character in the books the show was based on was named Liz Ortecho. So the reboot is actually sticking closer to the source material.

by Anonymousreply 13February 17, 2018 4:31 PM

Jesus, his ass in R8.

by Anonymousreply 14February 17, 2018 4:33 PM

Yeah it wasn't good r12.

But I wanted to have sex with Jason Behr and Brendan Fehr so I kept watching it.

by Anonymousreply 15February 17, 2018 4:35 PM

Well the CW is just an awful channel to begin with but not only that but the kids who watched these shows in the 90's are now adults with money so there's a good chance a lot of these adults will tune in. This probably means Buffy the Vampire Slayer will also get a reboot.

by Anonymousreply 16February 17, 2018 4:36 PM

Yeah but we watched it for Jason Behr. Whoever replaces him better be just as hot.

by Anonymousreply 17February 17, 2018 4:38 PM

The CW: All Lesbians, All The Time!

No gay men! Just Lesbians!

by Anonymousreply 18February 17, 2018 4:44 PM

Great first season but they tried to expand the audience and lost the concept. More than a few people noted that much of Twilight seemed a direct ripoff of Roswell, all the way down to the names. Also, the character of Maria was originally written as a Mexican American.

by Anonymousreply 19February 17, 2018 4:56 PM

Will the hacky, tacky fingers of Greg Berlanti be all over it?

by Anonymousreply 20February 17, 2018 4:57 PM

The actress playing Maria was a latina.

by Anonymousreply 21February 17, 2018 5:00 PM

R20 From the article at r9:

[quote]Written by The Originals scribe Carina Adly MacKenzie and directed by Julie Plec, the reimagined Roswell, like the original, is based on the Roswell High book series by Melinda Metz. It hails from Amblin TV, Bender Brown Prods and Warner Bros. TV.

[quote]MacKenzie and Plec executive produce alongside Kevin Kelly Brown and Lawrence Bender via their Bender Brown Prods, as well as Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank of Amblin TV.

So no, no Berlanti.

by Anonymousreply 22February 17, 2018 5:00 PM

Is Katherine Heigl coming back? She doesn't seem to be doing anything else

by Anonymousreply 23February 17, 2018 5:01 PM

Jason Behr's career went nowhere after this show. He really fell of the map.

But he was never that talented, but still he is good looking and can deliver his lines, think he would have landed somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 24February 17, 2018 5:02 PM

r24 I bet those two Supernatural guys look at his career post-Roswell and tremble. Better get that realtor licence soon.

by Anonymousreply 25February 17, 2018 5:07 PM

R21, correct. Their original intent was to have her as a Mexican American.

by Anonymousreply 26February 17, 2018 5:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 17, 2018 5:18 PM

I was feeling strange things in my pants, watching Jason in this show as a kid here in Europe. Even then, I couldn't really tell what the show was about. All I can recall is that I wanted to see more alien shit and less American teenage drama. And that Jason was wooden. You know you ought to retire from acting when even the kiddies sense something's off with your acting chops.

by Anonymousreply 28February 17, 2018 5:35 PM

The teenage stuff was tedious but Sheriff Valenti was hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 17, 2018 5:40 PM

R23 She joined the next season of Suits

by Anonymousreply 30February 18, 2018 7:54 PM

R29 He was indeed!

Yeah, it was cheesy and mostly not great, but was still enjoyable despite all that. Plus the long-haired dude was cute.

by Anonymousreply 31February 18, 2018 8:37 PM

[bold]Nathan Parsons, Four More Cast In the CW Reboot Pilot[/bold]

[quote]True Blood alum [bold]Nathan Parsons[/bold], [bold]Lily Cowles[/bold] (BrainDead), [bold]Michael Vlamis[/bold] (New Girl), [bold]Tyler Blackburn[/bold] (Pretty Little Liars) and [bold]Heather Hemmens[/bold] (If Loving You Is Wrong) are set as series regulars opposite [bold]Jeanine Mason[/bold] in the CW pilot Roswell, a reboot of the cult sci-fi series with an immigration twist.

[quote][bold]Parsons[/bold] will play Max, a natural born leader and dedicated Roswell police officer who has kept a secret for years, concealing his origin and unearthly abilities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 6, 2018 11:03 AM

[quote][bold]Cowles[/bold] will portray Isobel. Polished and restrained, Isobel wasn’t meant for small-town life, but she lives it with all the grace and enthusiasm she can muster in order to keep her true origins a secret.

[quote][bold]Vlamis[/bold] is Michael. Troubled but brilliant, he survived a violent childhood and now is secretly driven to find a way to escape Earth and the humans who have failed him, to return to a mysterious home he’s never known.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 6, 2018 11:03 AM

[quote][bold]Blackburn[/bold] is Sgt. Alex Manes. Returning home from the Middle East after experiencing his fair share of psychological and physical trauma, Alex aims to adhere to his father’s expectations, abandoning his dreams and the possibility of a future with the man he loves.

[quote][bold]Hemmens[/bold] will play Maria, Liz’s fun, free-spirited former best friend and social media maven who is oblivious to the realities of Roswell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 6, 2018 11:04 AM

Out of all the shows to reboot, why this show?

by Anonymousreply 35March 6, 2018 11:47 AM

Why NOT this show? Go on, I'm taking notes.

by Anonymousreply 36March 6, 2018 11:53 AM

I don’t see any hotties in this reboot cast ☹️

by Anonymousreply 37March 6, 2018 12:11 PM

Nathan Parsons is cute, but he isn't as beautiful as Jason Behr was.

by Anonymousreply 38March 6, 2018 12:16 PM

Behr was one of those "so beautiful you could cry" people for sure, but it was painfully obvious he wasn't an actor. I'd rather watch someone competent who isn't necessarily an almost otherworldly 10.

by Anonymousreply 39March 6, 2018 12:32 PM

It's excellent timing. Everyone's suspicious. Conspiracy vids rule Youtube. I think it will do pretty well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 6, 2018 12:51 PM

[bold]Michael Trevino Joins Cast Of ‘Roswell’ Reboot Pilot On CW[/bold]

[quote]Trevino, who played Tyler Lockwood on the CW’s The Vampire Diaries for eight seasons, reunites with [Julie] Plec on the Roswell reboot, which was written by The Originals scribe MacKenzie. Plec, who is directing the pilot, co-created Vampire Diaries and its spinoff The Originals.

[quote]Trevino will play Kyle Valenti, the popular son of the town sheriff who questions his carefree outlook on life after learning the terrifying truth of his family’s legacy.

Better now, r37? I did tell y'all I was taking notes, didn't I?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 6, 2018 8:58 PM

Ordered to series!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 11, 2018 11:36 PM

R42, allegedly, a recurring villain on the show will be Harvey Weinstein playing Harvey Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 43May 11, 2018 11:47 PM

The best part about Jason Behr was his ears. They would have been great to hold on to. I assume he has had them fixed since they don't stick out now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 12, 2018 12:00 AM

Adam Rodriguez was the only reason to watch that dreadful program.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 12, 2018 12:22 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 12, 2018 12:23 AM

Why is the new one called "Roswell, New Mexico"? Are they afraid of confusion with Roswell, George-Uh? I hope Behr is joining the cast as an older man. Too bad it is on CW. I didn't know that was still a thing. I'd appreciate gratuitous nudity from daddy Jason in shower scenes that are integral to the plots, which Netflix et al. could get away with.

by Anonymousreply 47May 12, 2018 1:31 AM

Love Nathan Parsons.

So. Scientologist Tyler Blackburn will play gay again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 12, 2018 2:14 AM

Will puertoricans get cast over mexicans?

by Anonymousreply 49May 12, 2018 2:19 AM

13 year old didn't even know what it was, but he wanted a train with Max, Michael, Kyle and Jesse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 12, 2018 2:50 AM

I had the dissatisfaction of watching the last 15-20 minutes of Skinwalkers last night, because I wanted to see Jason Beth. His hair was covering his ears and he looked really hot. He should keep his hair longer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 12, 2018 4:33 AM

Jason showed his naked ass in "Skinwalkers", R51.

But you might have to watch the European cut since it sometimes gets edited out of the American release.

by Anonymousreply 52May 12, 2018 7:11 AM

Adam Rodriguez is never reason enough to watch anything.

by Anonymousreply 53May 12, 2018 9:18 AM

R53 that’s only true if you’re blind

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 12, 2018 10:15 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 12, 2018 10:17 AM

Dogface, r54 r55.

by Anonymousreply 56May 12, 2018 10:17 AM

Ugh, whatever. I always thought his face was the best part. To each his own.

by Anonymousreply 57May 12, 2018 10:22 AM

I thought it was a good show.

The first season was pretty good.

Some nice cinematography in the desert, and a good supporting performance from William Sadler as the Sheriff.

by Anonymousreply 58May 12, 2018 10:28 AM

OMG they are adding Mexicans? That wall hasn't kept them out? Have they bussed in lesbians from NYC or SF to boot?

by Anonymousreply 59May 12, 2018 10:38 AM

Plot twist: all the aliens, even the male ones, are Lesbians on their home planet.

by Anonymousreply 60May 12, 2018 11:00 AM

I loved this show. The first 2 seasons were fun but they dropped the ball with season 3. Sucks that the cast seemed to hate working on it.

by Anonymousreply 61May 12, 2018 5:30 PM

Season 3 was a bit of a mess because the show had been cancelled but then renewed after the fans campaigned to the network.

The actors were surprised to be recalled to the show, so that probably explains the awkward feelings they had.

But there were still a few good episodes in Season 3.

by Anonymousreply 62May 12, 2018 9:09 PM

Love these "alien life?" shows because the plot possibilities are pretty endless. Stuck with writer's block? Just pull something from a different dimension.

by Anonymousreply 63May 13, 2018 1:21 PM

[Quote] But there were still a few good episodes in Season 3.

Especially if Morgan Fairchild is involved.

by Anonymousreply 64May 13, 2018 4:10 PM

I want to see Martians! I want to see Martians! I want to see Martians! I want to see Martians!

by Anonymousreply 65May 13, 2018 4:20 PM

Comic-Con teaser for 'Roswell: New Mexico'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66July 22, 2018 3:00 PM

I think it looks...not terrible.

by Anonymousreply 67July 22, 2018 3:01 PM

Better than Charmed, by any metric.

by Anonymousreply 68July 22, 2018 3:03 PM

It looks passable but both of those guys at 1:05 need to look up "eye acting", asap. I liked the Charmed trailer better, in all regards.

by Anonymousreply 69July 22, 2018 3:04 PM

That looks positively uninspiring.

Can Jason Behr play someone's father or some adult authority figure? Or did he get doughy, his looks indistinct?

by Anonymousreply 70July 22, 2018 3:13 PM

Jonathan Frakes was EP of Roswell. Is he producing again?

After Roswell, he was associated with some other show about aliens. They got caught using fake photo's, evidence, knew they were fake. He had to "distance himself" from the show.

by Anonymousreply 71July 22, 2018 3:36 PM

Sneak peek.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 22, 2018 4:11 PM

Jason Behr’s ears have always bothered me

by Anonymousreply 73July 22, 2018 4:25 PM

[quote]Will puertoricans get cast over mexicans?

Not exactly, Michael Trevino is Mexican.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74July 22, 2018 5:31 PM

[Quote] Jonathan Frakes was EP of Roswell. Is he producing again?

I loved his cameo and i think there's an episode where Max auditions for Star Trek.

by Anonymousreply 75July 22, 2018 5:38 PM

r71 No, he's not producing this. Roswell is the only project that he exec produced. Seems like he shifted more towards directing after that.

by Anonymousreply 76July 22, 2018 5:50 PM

I'd still do Behr in a heartbeat. Just...wuff.

by Anonymousreply 77July 22, 2018 5:55 PM

[quote]Jason Behr’s ears have always bothered me

What's wrong with funny ears?

by Anonymousreply 78July 22, 2018 6:20 PM

In what is still a rarity for the CW, the pilot reveals that there is a male/male couple among the principals.

by Anonymousreply 79July 24, 2018 12:18 AM

r79 Do you mean the trailer? I read the pilot isn't coming out until next year. Which actors are playing gay?

by Anonymousreply 80July 25, 2018 3:19 AM

In the original series there was an episode where Nick Wechsler asked Jason Behr if he was gay.

But other than that the original series shied away from anything gay.

by Anonymousreply 81July 25, 2018 4:49 AM

[quote][R79] Do you mean the trailer? I read the pilot isn't coming out until next year. Which actors are playing gay?

The script for the pilot leaked a while ago. In it, Michael, the alien played by Brendan Fehr in the original, is in a downlow relationship with Alex, the human character played by Colin Hanks on the original series.

by Anonymousreply 82July 25, 2018 10:38 AM

r82 Are those two guys seen in the teaser at r66 as well? I've no idea who's playing whom now and they all look alike to me.

by Anonymousreply 83July 25, 2018 10:47 AM

It's a reboot on the CW R70, they'll probably manage to have the old cast returning and doing lame cameos.

by Anonymousreply 84July 25, 2018 10:48 AM

He is really beautiful still and it looks like he had his ears pinned back. I liked his ears, I've always found that attractive and sexy.

by Anonymousreply 85July 25, 2018 11:22 AM

[Quote] they'll probably manage to have the old cast returning and doing lame cameos.

I can't see KH doing a cameo.

by Anonymousreply 86July 25, 2018 6:38 PM

Thanks r82, prominent gay characters means I will at least check out the first couple episodes. I doubt they will be good enough to keep me watching though.

by Anonymousreply 87July 25, 2018 6:46 PM

Jason Behr plays a gay character in the 1999 film "Rites of Passage".

Dean Stockwell plays his father.

Not many actors were taking gay roles in those days, so kudos to Behr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88July 25, 2018 7:13 PM

It's so sweet that you refer to Behr as an "actor" r88.

by Anonymousreply 89July 25, 2018 7:17 PM

It's also sweet to refer to "Rites of Passage" as a "film." "Collection of moving images" is still giving it too much credit.

by Anonymousreply 90July 25, 2018 10:26 PM

Shiri's directing an episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 8, 2018 12:46 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92November 8, 2018 12:47 PM

I thought Jason Behr was gonna be a gigantic film star. I’m still waiting for his breakthrough role.

by Anonymousreply 93November 8, 2018 12:55 PM

R93 Being blackballed probably didn't help. The last "big" movie i saw him in was The Grudge and that was over a decade ago.

by Anonymousreply 94November 8, 2018 1:00 PM

Why was Jason Behr blackballed?

by Anonymousreply 95November 8, 2018 1:08 PM

The CW isn't bad, it brought us "Felicity", after all.

by Anonymousreply 96November 8, 2018 1:15 PM

R95 He tried to fuck over his manager.

by Anonymousreply 97November 8, 2018 1:15 PM

[Quote] The WB isn't bad, it brought us "Felicity", after all.

Fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 98November 8, 2018 1:16 PM

Was there some character named Mary Cherry? And a lesbian actress who dated Ellen or Melissa or something? I get all those shows mixed up

by Anonymousreply 99November 8, 2018 1:20 PM

[Quote] Was there some character named Mary Cherry?

That character is on Popular.

[Quote] And a lesbian actress who dated Ellen or Melissa or something? I get all those shows mixed up

No lesbian or gay characters on Roswell. The main female characters were Liz, Maria and Isabel.

by Anonymousreply 100November 8, 2018 1:24 PM

[quote]He tried to fuck over his manager.

How so?

by Anonymousreply 101November 9, 2018 8:37 AM

R101

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102November 9, 2018 1:15 PM

Is this the official thread? We're closing in on the premiere date. I'm hoping for some gay action since this has gay characters. However, with this being on The CW I kinda doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 103December 11, 2018 8:44 AM

R82 Alex is played by Tyler Blackburn, whom I suspect is gay irl.

by Anonymousreply 104December 11, 2018 8:46 AM

Heard the first 3 eps are a mess. And i bet they're ship names are going to be terrible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105December 11, 2018 2:33 PM

r102 there's nothing in that thread about him fucking over his manager or getting blackballed.

by Anonymousreply 106December 11, 2018 2:42 PM

Here's a Jason Behr fan Twitter that is kept pretty well updated. He's been in more stuff than I realized. And he looks great, especially for 45.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 11, 2018 2:45 PM

It's cute to see Jason & Shiri together again.

I don't normally care about most tv couples, but I kind of had a soft spot for Max & Liz.

by Anonymousreply 108December 11, 2018 11:22 PM

His wife looks a lot like her, too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109December 12, 2018 9:01 PM

Comparison

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110December 12, 2018 9:01 PM

I’m probably the only gay guy who watched Rosewell because i had a crush on John Doe of X who played the owner of the Crash Down. Hope he’s back

by Anonymousreply 111December 12, 2018 11:59 PM

Brendan Fehr was also hot.

And Nick Wechsler has always pinged to me.

by Anonymousreply 112December 13, 2018 12:08 AM

I was in 6th or 7th grade when Roswell started. I remember my classmate Maracine was obsessed with it.

Dito sang the opening song.

It was an ok show made for teens. Jason Behr was a terrible actor. Not even an actor. A model that benefited well from his looks to get people to want him on TV.

I never personally found him attractive even though I see he’s beautiful. He does nothing for me in a sexual way. Idk why. Cause I do find him beautiful still, but nothing. And I remember back then he was a prick to people. So no thanks.

And as a pre-teen I could tell he couldn’t act. Shocked some of you thought he was gonna be a big deal in films. He was nothing More than teen heartthrob and pretty.

by Anonymousreply 113December 13, 2018 12:37 AM

So you're saying he was beautiful, and couldn't act, r113???

by Anonymousreply 114December 13, 2018 1:13 AM

[quote]Dito sang the opening song.

DIDO.

And yes, the opening theme song was amazing.

One of the best aspects of the show.

by Anonymousreply 115December 13, 2018 1:15 AM

"Jason Behr plays a gay character in the 1999 film "Rites of Passage".

Dean Stockwell plays his father."

A bizarre pedophile fairy tale in which the movie ends with the father slow dancing with his son. Directed by Hollywood's favorite pedophile director who isn't Roman Polanski or Woody Allen: Victor Salva.

He presented the movie to the audience at Frameline when it premiered. I had no idea who he was other than the director, and he was the creepiest person I'd ever seen in the Castro Theater which is kind of a high bar for creepiness. And this was before the bizarre film was screened. It was even weirder afterwards when a Q & A session more or less fizzled because nobody wanted to ask questions.

by Anonymousreply 116December 13, 2018 1:24 AM

R114 yup. He’s pretty. Can’t act. Just something to look at.

He was never gonna have a long career. He’s too old for teen heartthrob status so unless he learned to act ...

by Anonymousreply 117December 13, 2018 1:36 AM

R109 His wife looks like an older version of Katie Cassidy.

R114 A CW staple.

by Anonymousreply 118December 13, 2018 1:47 AM

I need more gossip on Tyler Blackburn. He pings hard. He's at the very least bi (but more probably gay). Who's had him?

by Anonymousreply 119December 16, 2018 7:34 PM

[quote][R109] His wife looks like an older version of Katie Cassidy.

She always reminded me of Tricia Helfer.

by Anonymousreply 120December 16, 2018 7:42 PM

Tyler's new preview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121January 13, 2019 4:38 PM

FIrst episode is tomorrow on the CW.

by Anonymousreply 122January 14, 2019 3:38 PM

Am I the only one expecting Michael to be bi so if they get too much slack they can cop out and put him with Maria?

by Anonymousreply 123January 14, 2019 8:47 PM

I'll probably take a look, but since I grew up watching Jason Behr & Brendan Fehr on the original, I don't know if I'll find these new guys as hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124January 14, 2019 9:01 PM

[quote]Am I the only one expecting Michael to be bi so if they get too much slack they can cop out and put him with Maria?

Considering how much flack the CW has gotten in general for handling the gays, I doubt it.

Legends of Tomorrow does a good job, and that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 125January 14, 2019 10:00 PM

Brendan Fehr's ass:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126January 14, 2019 10:24 PM

I bet the reboot version of Maria will end up being a rich lesbian like Cheryl from Riverdale.

by Anonymousreply 127January 14, 2019 10:51 PM

Well, I hope Roswell, New Mexico does well for the sake of my daughter Lily. If it flops, I guess I can get her work on a Ryan Murphy show especially since he likes to hire children of actors and actresses.

by Anonymousreply 128January 14, 2019 10:56 PM

I bet they could get Katherine Heigl again. She ain't busy.

by Anonymousreply 129January 14, 2019 11:25 PM

Well, at least there was a gay kiss in the premiere.

by Anonymousreply 130January 16, 2019 3:00 AM

Of course they waited until the end.

Hopefully we'll get more in the next episodes.

by Anonymousreply 131January 16, 2019 5:00 AM

Tyler looked very comfortable in that role.

by Anonymousreply 132January 16, 2019 5:08 AM

R126 I'm surprised Brendan did a nude scene. Maybe that was after he got married.

R129 I can see Katherine going back to Grey's before a CW show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133January 16, 2019 6:40 AM

R132 Of course he did, he's gay. He's dating a guy named Chandler Lafee.

by Anonymousreply 134January 16, 2019 6:41 AM

It was aight. I was a teen for the OG. I liked it, but it never was as important to me as Buffy. And nuMax is nowhere as perfect as Behr.

Everytime I think of Roswell, I just remember the stories of Behr and Heigl humping like bunnies in their trailers and I hate her so much.

by Anonymousreply 135January 16, 2019 8:12 AM

Chyler Updates posted a new photo of Tyler & Chandler, although it's a bit blurry:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136January 16, 2019 8:26 AM

[Quote] I liked it, but it never was as important to me as Buffy.

That's how I felt too. And [italic]Lie To Me[/italic] is actually one of my favourite episodes. I thought Behr did a decent job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137January 16, 2019 8:35 AM

Did anyone else watch Brendan Fehr play a gay doctor on the Night Shift? It was a pretty good storyline. Ran 4 seasons. He could make a cameo.

by Anonymousreply 138January 16, 2019 8:41 AM

R138, Brendan was also in a gay Canadian movie called "Sugar".

R133, Brendan has actually done nudity several times, including before he was married, I think.

It's true that he's talked about being very religious over the years, and didn't he say he stayed a virgin until marriage?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139January 16, 2019 8:45 AM

Another pic of Brendan in "Sugar":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140January 16, 2019 8:50 AM

Another screenshot of Brendan from "Sugar":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141January 16, 2019 8:51 AM

[Quote] It's true that he's talked about being very religious over the years, and didn't he say he stayed a virgin until marriage?

Yeah, he did. I thought that was part of the reason why he broke up with Majandra. And also why he didn't do a sex scene in season 2 of Roswell.

by Anonymousreply 142January 16, 2019 8:59 AM

But what's interesting is that despite the religious stuff and the no-premarital sex thing during 'Roswell', he ended up doing nudity and gay scenes as I posted above.

by Anonymousreply 143January 16, 2019 9:02 AM

r115 Out of curiosity, I looked up the song and holy shit I realized I know it very well. Used to listen to it myself, I must have forgotten that it was from the show.

by Anonymousreply 144January 16, 2019 9:23 AM

I thought he had said something messy about being gay too.......?

by Anonymousreply 145January 16, 2019 9:23 AM

Jason’s sister Beth is the much better actress.

by Anonymousreply 146January 16, 2019 12:25 PM

R146 I don't think they're related.

by Anonymousreply 147January 16, 2019 12:28 PM

Yes, Brendan Fehr said some very bone-headed comments about how uncomfortable he was having to kiss a guy

[quote]‘It was uncomfortable for me,’ he tells TooFab. ‘In Episode 106, my boyfriend (played by openly gay actor Luke Macfarlane) comes and I don’t like kissing guys, it doesn’t do anything for me.’ ‘It’s really uncomfortable, but you gotta get past that, his story is bigger than that.

No one forced you to take the role dingbat.

by Anonymousreply 148January 16, 2019 12:32 PM

Anytime an actor talks like that, they are trying to deny how they really feel

by Anonymousreply 149January 16, 2019 12:35 PM

So yeah Michael is bi and Alex is gay according to this article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150January 16, 2019 12:48 PM

Why cast a reality show star as the lead?

by Anonymousreply 151January 16, 2019 1:03 PM

R151 is she that bad??

by Anonymousreply 152January 16, 2019 1:24 PM

[quote]No one forced you to take the role dingbat.

I actually love when actors are that honest. Especially, the “hot” ones because you queens get all offended and turn on the drop of a dime.

ANYWAY...I really like Nathan Parsons. I think he's a little better than what he gets.

by Anonymousreply 153January 16, 2019 1:39 PM

You are a fool r153. A gay actor wouldn't work if he was going to complain about having to kiss girls, it's just part of the job.

Yet you want to indulge straight actors who for once are in a position where the world isn't catered to them. Sad. Plenty of actors out there who would have been happy to take that role and not cry about how upset they are about having to kiss someone of the same sex.

by Anonymousreply 154January 16, 2019 1:54 PM

....And you must be one of those queens that I'm talking about R153. I don't indulge actors--no matter their sexuality--because I actually have a life. What I DO enjoy is reading the disappointment in your posts when these straight male actors AND porn stars that you idiots fawn over say something the slightest bit homophobic...and you have an online meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 155January 16, 2019 2:12 PM

R127 she probably won't be as memorable though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156January 16, 2019 2:13 PM

[Quote]because I actually have a life.

Hmm

[Quote]What I DO enjoy is reading the disappointment in your posts when these straight male actors AND porn stars that you idiots fawn over say something the slightest bit homophobic...and you have an online meltdown.

M'kay.

by Anonymousreply 157January 16, 2019 2:17 PM

The Baranski spawn's mole is distracting.

by Anonymousreply 158January 16, 2019 3:09 PM

I know, R158!

by Anonymousreply 159January 16, 2019 4:11 PM

In OP’s photo, why isn’t Liz next to Max and why isn’t Kyle with his dad?

by Anonymousreply 160January 16, 2019 5:12 PM

[quote]‘It’s really uncomfortable, but you gotta get past that, his story is bigger than that.

R148, but perhaps he was trying to say something positive in the 2nd part of this sentence by saying "his story is bigger than that".

He could have worded it better, but perhaps what he was trying to say is that although he doesn't like to kiss guys, he knows the character's story is important.

Who knows? Just a possible interpretation.

by Anonymousreply 161January 16, 2019 5:42 PM

Any lesbians offended when back in the day, Sarah Michelle Gellar did an interview about Cruel Intentions saying she was so nervous about having to kiss a girl she thought she would throw up?

by Anonymousreply 162January 16, 2019 6:33 PM

R162 nothing wrong with that. She was not disgusted. She was gonna throw up from being nervous.

by Anonymousreply 163January 16, 2019 6:34 PM

The amazing music was coordinated by John Williams son Joseph. Joseph was also a singer and was runnerup to Sam Harris on Star Search.

by Anonymousreply 164January 16, 2019 6:37 PM

The kiss was hot af. It was passionate and the music added a lot to the scene. I'd say they have chemistry too, though I need to see more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165January 16, 2019 7:08 PM

Chyler Updates posted some screencaps, but also posted this rant:

[quote]I hate people its fucking 2019 grow up and move on and realise Tyler acting career is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT to his PRIVATE LOVE LIFE I’m sorry I’m done with this people when they don’t know the difference between asking a sensible question and a personal question that can make Tyler feel uncomfortable, scared to come out because these “fans” make me sick sorry had to say

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166January 16, 2019 10:48 PM

Can't these actors for once not do the "it's yucky playing gay, I'm not like that believe me". We get it fuckers, you're not gay....supposedly.

by Anonymousreply 167January 16, 2019 11:08 PM

Since Michael is bi, I hope they don't pair him with Maria in the reboot.

by Anonymousreply 168January 16, 2019 11:36 PM

The original show is on Hulu. I'm sort of tempted to do a rewatch.

by Anonymousreply 169January 16, 2019 11:37 PM

A young Adam Rodriguez became part of the regular Roswell cast in Season 3.

In one episode, he spends most of the time in black shorts:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170January 16, 2019 11:44 PM

Damn Adam is one fine piece of ass.

by Anonymousreply 171January 16, 2019 11:45 PM

I'm surprised. The show was better than I expected.

by Anonymousreply 172January 17, 2019 12:12 AM

R166, one of those screen caps has a comment where chylerupdates says that Tyler is bi.

Tyler also liked this post.

by Anonymousreply 173January 17, 2019 12:14 AM

Loved Roswell, but I’m pretty happy with the reboot, I give it a 8.5. Attractive, sexy cast, iconic scenes called back to and nice new twists like female sheriff Valenti and gay Michael. One or two things though, is Branski’s daughter purposely channeling Heigl? And are they drinking nail polish remover instead of Tabasco?

by Anonymousreply 174January 17, 2019 12:19 AM

This reboot is better than the Charmed one.

by Anonymousreply 175January 17, 2019 2:25 AM

I finally watched this premiere. Hey they got a new male lead that captures Jason Behr's limited acting ability. Man this new guy is no better, so I guess that was faithful! The writing was also really clunky in places and and whole thing felt rushed, wanted to introduce everything at once.

That said, I still thought it was a charming even in spite of its faults, which I guess is exactly what you would say about the original Roswell. And I do like the new gay angle.

I'll give it a couple more episodes to see what I think.

by Anonymousreply 176January 17, 2019 3:40 AM

R169 do iiit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177January 17, 2019 4:06 AM

R165, why cast a homeless guy? Is he crosseyed too?

by Anonymousreply 178January 17, 2019 8:03 AM

[Quote] A young Adam Rodriguez became part of the regular Roswell cast in Season 3.

I guess you could say that he was an upgrade from Alex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179January 17, 2019 10:45 AM

So Michael is bi-sexual so I guess we will see him with women and while that is happening, Alex will be pining for him in the background. I doubt they will give Alex a side piece too

by Anonymousreply 180January 17, 2019 11:58 AM

R180 You nailed it. Fans are already saying they hope Michael ends up with Maria. I wouldn't say no to a legit love triangle there, ONLY if it's an actual love triangle, like Michael moving back and forth between them and can't decide. If it's Michael banging Maria the majority of time and not having feelings for Alex while he pines for him.... no thanks. It could work if Michael has legit feelings for him and genuinely can't decide because he has feelings for both. Sadly, with this being the CW I don't have much hope. My guess is they will pair Michael with Maria and turn Alex into yet another barely there gay character. If they can't turn this into a love triangle then at least bring in a guest character to be Alex's boyfriend imo. The worst scenario would be that he's single. Sadly I think that's where this is going. I just hope I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 181January 17, 2019 12:07 PM

[quote]The kiss was hot af. It was passionate and the music added a lot to the scene. I'd say they have chemistry too, though I need to see more.

There was NOTHING remotely hot about that kiss.

by Anonymousreply 182January 17, 2019 12:12 PM

What's the point of a love triangle when you usually know who they'll end up with?? The writing for it would be terrible on a CW show.

by Anonymousreply 183January 17, 2019 12:14 PM

Who knew watching the original show that Nick Wechsler would get so hot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184January 17, 2019 12:22 PM

RIGHT R184? God, he's smoking.

by Anonymousreply 185January 17, 2019 12:35 PM

R183 I know. I said I wouldn't mind a love tringle as long as it's done well. Him ending up with Maria is boring because it's exactly what happened in the original. I thought the whole point of the reboot was to change up some things. Hopefully they will, aka Michael not ending up with Maria. Then again, this is the CW so I don't expect them to write a good story, let alone a bisexual love triangle. I don't have high hopes but I hope they prove me wrong.

by Anonymousreply 186January 17, 2019 12:36 PM

R182 I thought it was really hot and passionate. It was longer than a peck, and Michael totally went in for that kiss. A lot hotter than most gay kisses on tv. One thing I've noticed is that gay couples tend to work better (the kissing, the chemistry etc) if at least one of the actors is gay in real life. Tyler is gay (or at least bi), maybe that's why so far it works. It's still very early though, they had like three scenes together. Who knows where this will go.

by Anonymousreply 187January 17, 2019 12:41 PM

[quote] notable only for Jason Behr's body

This made me think he was also the only asset in Suddenly Susan's laughless 4th season, filmed only to boost the episode count enough for syndication, but that was actually the hunkalicious Rob Estes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188January 17, 2019 12:50 PM

[Quote] . Fans are already saying they hope Michael ends up with Maria.

Hmm i wonder how Carina feels about that?? I still can't believe she writes for the CW now. I bet she'll borrow a couple of plots from her SPN fanfics lol

by Anonymousreply 189January 17, 2019 12:55 PM

I just realized the songs's lyrics were literally "you can't hide from who you are." Perfect song for that scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190January 17, 2019 3:05 PM

Lily’s face mole is super distracting.

by Anonymousreply 191January 17, 2019 6:03 PM

As much of a bitch as she is/was, Katie Heigl was a girl you bought as "the prettiest girl in town"

The Baranski spawn...uh....

by Anonymousreply 192January 17, 2019 7:56 PM

r181 From the first ep it looked like it might have been Michael who had been more invested and now it's Michael who makes the first move. I'm guessing there will be a background of Michael being dumped by Alex who wanted to please his military daddy.

About what the fans say, I wouldn't think it means much. Gay couples can be very popular on this type of shows. Shadowhunters book fans complained about changes, but on the show the most popular couple by far turned out to be the secondary gay one and the writers accommodated by expanding their roles.

by Anonymousreply 193January 17, 2019 10:26 PM

R184, does anyone know if Nick Wechsler is gay?

He's 40 now and he has always pinged to me. Never any sign of a wife/girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 194January 17, 2019 11:09 PM

He must be REALLY good with his money because...yeah...doesn't come up much.

by Anonymousreply 195January 17, 2019 11:25 PM

Nick Wechsler was hot when he was on Chicago PD for a few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 196January 17, 2019 11:40 PM

Nick Wechsler had a good run on "Revenge".

by Anonymousreply 197January 18, 2019 12:20 AM

True R197 but between Roswell and Revenge he was a ghost. And since Revenge he's a ghost. Someone get him an R show, stat!

And get me the number of his money manager.

by Anonymousreply 198January 18, 2019 12:26 AM

I'm personally not getting too invested in a Michael and Alex relationship with the showrunner saying they won't have a happy ending and hinting at a Michael and Maria relationship.

The thing that gets me is the show hasn't been renewed yet so this must happen this season... So why even bother doing a Michael and Alex relationship in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 199January 18, 2019 12:43 AM

[quote]the showrunner saying they won't have a happy ending

Why would the showrunner say something like that?

by Anonymousreply 200January 18, 2019 12:46 AM

No idea why but it's in this interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201January 18, 2019 12:58 AM

Man that was a extremely biased read of what she said!

[quote]The Alex and Michael relationship is really important to me, because I feel a big responsibility to viewers to sort of make them feel safe. I know that LGBT audiences have felt burned a lot in the past, by the whole "bury your gays" trope. I wanted to tell a story that doesn't necessarily have a happy ending — I can't make any promises — but that certainly avoids stepping into tropes. Their relationship is very fraught, and it's going to be a really long journey for the two of them.

by Anonymousreply 202January 18, 2019 1:00 AM

"I wanted to tell a story that doesn't necessarily have a happy ending."

How is that extremely biased?

by Anonymousreply 203January 18, 2019 1:19 AM

How naive DL. This is straight-washer and proud homophobe Jason Katims show. No gay will be accommodated. He can't write gay, remember? The love triangle will put the gay on his place.

God I forgot how awful network television was, this pilot is horrible.

by Anonymousreply 204January 18, 2019 1:23 AM

R204, I know that Jason Katims didn't include any gay characters on his original Roswell show, but has he said actual homophobic things?

by Anonymousreply 205January 18, 2019 1:27 AM

I don't know if you're aware of Rise R204? He wrote a show based on a real life gay drama teacher and turn him straight, publicly defending his choice saying he couldn't write a gay character because it was hard to identify with him. The guy was good enough for him to be inspired by but god forbid his gay life would be part of the plot. The show was cancelled.

This is the guy who wrote the most gay-centric My so-called life episode ever in the 90s, so I call bullshit on that.

Apparently he's not involved with this reboot, so I stand corrected.

by Anonymousreply 206January 18, 2019 1:34 AM

No, I never watched "Rise", bu thanks for filling me in on that.

I think the only time I remember the word "gay" coming up on the original Roswell was in the episode where Max got drunk and told Kyle he had a big secret, and Kyle asked him if he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 207January 18, 2019 1:36 AM

[quote]Apparently he's not involved with this reboot, so I stand corrected.

Yeah, I was getting ready to correct you. Jason Katins was the original showrunner of the very straight Roswell. He has nothing to do with this reboot, you can tell, because there was a gay kiss in the pilot, and he would never have that.

by Anonymousreply 208January 18, 2019 1:39 AM

But it sounds like the new showrunner doesn't want to have a happy end for the gay characters.

Why not just give them one for a change?

by Anonymousreply 209January 18, 2019 1:41 AM

R174 The new showrunner said the reason they are drinking nail polish instead of Tabasco sauce is because they don't have any rights to the original tv show only the books and so they wanted to come up with one of the weirdest things they could think of having them to drink.

by Anonymousreply 210January 18, 2019 1:49 AM

R210 or they've been smoking a shit load of weed.

by Anonymousreply 211January 18, 2019 2:42 AM

R201 Thanks for posting that interview. It's such a huge disappointment though. He talks about tropes, yet the biggest trope of them all is that the gay couple doesn't get a happy ending, that the bi character chooses a womam over the gay guy. It doesn't give me much hope. It sucks because this is the first gay storyline I've been excited about in like forever.

by Anonymousreply 212January 18, 2019 5:28 AM

[quote]As much of a bitch as she is/was, Katie Heigl was a girl you bought as "the prettiest girl in town"

[quote]The Baranski spawn...uh....

I have to agree with you on Heigl on the original show. I would love to see pictures of the actresses that Baranski spawn beat out to get the reboot role.

by Anonymousreply 213January 18, 2019 5:36 AM

Nick Weschler was last seen playing Matthew Blaisdel on the new “Dynasty.”

by Anonymousreply 214January 18, 2019 6:02 AM

I think the season/series finale will probably be the revelation of what really happened to Liz's sister and aliens were responsible. Liz finds that out and turns on them. Maybe, that also plays into why Alex and Michael don't get a happy ending. Alex's father already hates aliens enough and finding out that they did something awful only fuels him more. I'm betting Kyle's sheriff mama will also be working closely with Alex's dad.

by Anonymousreply 215January 18, 2019 6:08 AM

So is Alex's dad a regular in this new series?

In the original series, Alex's dad was just a tall geek with glasses who only appeared in a few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 216January 18, 2019 6:10 AM

Alex's dad is only a recurring character.

by Anonymousreply 217January 18, 2019 6:13 AM

I wonder if Max and Isobel's adoptive parents will pop up once this season.

by Anonymousreply 218January 18, 2019 6:15 AM

Did Alex die?

by Anonymousreply 219January 18, 2019 6:56 AM

Nick Wechsler was also on Shades of Blue with Jennifer Lopez and Ray Liotta. It just ended this summer.

by Anonymousreply 220January 18, 2019 8:05 AM

Oh, shit. I didn't know that, thanks R220.

by Anonymousreply 221January 18, 2019 9:34 AM

R219 you mean on the original show???

by Anonymousreply 222January 18, 2019 12:23 PM

I don't have a problem with gay characters not having a happy ending. But I have a feeling this is code for, we established they had a relationship, gave you a great kissing moment but now Michael will be with women for the rest of the season and Alex will be off to the side like Kevin on "Riverdale". But see, we do have gays.

The truth is the target audience for these kinds of shows really don't have a problem with gay characters. It's usually young girls/women who write the gay slash fiction . Really liked the first episode. Hope I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 223January 18, 2019 12:26 PM

[Quote] But I have a feeling this is code for, we established they had a relationship, gave you a great kissing moment but now Michael will be with women for the rest of the season and Alex will be off to the side like Kevin on "Riverdale". But see, we do have gays.

Wouldn't be the first time for a CW show.

by Anonymousreply 224January 19, 2019 1:52 PM

[quote]I know that Jason Katims didn't include any gay characters on his original Roswell show, but has he said actual homophobic things?

Katims was a showrunner on Friday Night Lights and there were a minor gay and lesbian characters on that show. But, it's hard to tell if those characters were Katims' creations. There was the lesbian mayor, a teen lesbian, and there was an assistant coach character who was shown hanging out at a gay bar. The gay assistant coach storyline went nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 225January 20, 2019 8:39 PM

So basically nothing R225

by Anonymousreply 226January 20, 2019 8:45 PM

I like Trevor St. John playing another villain type character here. I could see myself rooting for him if it does turn out the aliens were responsible for the deaths of those girls. I'm thinking Max wasn't involved, but Michael and Isobel were. Max got into law enforcement as a way of further protecting them. He probably saved Liz as atonement.

by Anonymousreply 227January 20, 2019 11:51 PM

They aren't actually going to be responsible for her death. They will have some level of involvement but far enough removed from real responsibility to keep them likable characters.

by Anonymousreply 228January 20, 2019 11:55 PM

I was a fan of the original back in the day--well, the first season. After that the show went off the rails.

I actually was quite surprised by the reboot. It was enjoyable and felt updated. I had reservations because I saw the imdb rating was at a 5, but then realized the reviews have been flooded with 1 star ratings from right-wing Trumpsters bitching about the show's "liberal" agenda for [html removed] daring to include anyone other than heterosexual white people in the show. These people are so fragile and afraid to see media that no longer reflects only them.

Anyway, the show is good, but not great. It's a solid B. Some clunky writing here and there, but what do you expect from a CW show?

I'm really glad they aged the characters up though. Will provide a new, interesting dynamic. And no way are any of those actors passing for high school teenagers.

Hope the Michael/Alex pairing gets explored and isn't just one-time lip service.

I really wish Lily Cowles would burn that mole off her face. It's super distracting.

by Anonymousreply 229January 21, 2019 4:41 AM

[quote]I really wish Lily Cowles would burn that mole off her face. It's super distracting.

Oh, shut up. My daughter is beautiful with that mole.

by Anonymousreply 230January 21, 2019 4:51 AM

[quote]the reviews have been flooded with 1 star ratings from right-wing Trumpsters bitching about the show's "liberal" agenda for [html removed] daring to include anyone other than heterosexual white people in the show.

Haven't these people heard of Will & Grace?

Why would a gay character on Roswell after all these years still bother them?

by Anonymousreply 231January 21, 2019 6:22 AM

R231, it’s not the gay character that bothers them. It’s changing the original that bothers them. It’s like making Santa Claus black when he’s always been white.

by Anonymousreply 232January 21, 2019 6:39 AM

Oh Megan, they hate the gay additions too.

They hate it all. The Mexicans, the gays, the commentary on immigration (you know, real-life shit that's actually happening right now and would definitely be relevant and topical in a place like New Mexico), etc.

They just want their all-white, heteronormative bubble back.

It's hilarious to me that these idiots are bitching about a show that is, essentially, an allegory for pro-immigration. These morons can humanize and sympathize with literal aliens from outter space, but not actual human beings from other places trying to make a better life for themselves in the US.

by Anonymousreply 233January 21, 2019 6:56 AM

The CW is terrible when it comes to gay characters

by Anonymousreply 234January 21, 2019 7:06 AM

R234 But not when it comes to lesbian characters, go figure.

by Anonymousreply 235January 21, 2019 7:34 AM

R233, why cant they pick some other country than the US?

by Anonymousreply 236January 21, 2019 7:43 AM

I really hope somehow they do a 'Linda Lavin sings on Alice' episode when the lead actress Jeanine gets to dance. She was stunning on SYTYCD and won a really tough season. She moves like a dream

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237January 21, 2019 8:10 AM

Tyler liked this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238January 21, 2019 9:50 AM

[Quote] I was a fan of the original back in the day--well, the first season. After that the show went off the rails.

I enjoyed season 2 but they did have some weird subplots like Maria & Brody.

[Quote] But not when it comes to lesbian characters, go figure.

I wouldn't say the lesbian storylines are great either. And neither is the racism.

[Quote] I will never kill off a gay character.

Wow that's so brave of you, Carina. Someone give her a cookie.

by Anonymousreply 239January 21, 2019 1:34 PM

Not sure I'm liking Nathan Parsons as Max. He feels miscast to me. He just doesn't have that dark intensity Jason Behr gave to the role.

Granted, he's a tricky character to get right. His stoicism and reticent personality can easily come off as bland if not acted well.

Maybe it's the monotone delivery, I don't know. And there's a quality about him that makes him come off more like "washed-up high school jock gone to seed" than "hot, but shy and mysterious town sheriff."

by Anonymousreply 240January 21, 2019 9:03 PM

R240 I also thought he was miscast.

by Anonymousreply 241January 22, 2019 1:51 AM

I thought he was pretty boring and one note through the pilot, especially sad given he is giving all these big earth shaking reveals to Liz.

But the scene at the end where he snapped at Isabel "she can never know about that" actually had a surprising intensity and felt dynamic.

by Anonymousreply 242January 22, 2019 1:59 AM

I liked the gay part. Max and Michael need to have sex on screen.

by Anonymousreply 243January 22, 2019 2:04 AM

R243, who is the top and who is the bottom?

by Anonymousreply 244January 22, 2019 2:11 AM

At best we'll get an implied after sex or before sex scene.

by Anonymousreply 245January 22, 2019 2:20 AM

I think Michael was casted well and Alex too.

Rewatched the pilot again and, sorry, Lily Cowles is also not cutting it for me. She also doesn't have the intensity that Heigl brought either. And on a superficial note, she's pretty I guess (in a "meh" way) , but isn't Isabel supposed to be strikingly gorgeous? Say what you want about her now, but Katherine Heigl really was a beauty back in 1999 and would turn any head when walking into a room.

Maybe it's a good sign that, in spite of the miscasting, I still enjoyed the reboot as a good fluff show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246January 22, 2019 2:22 AM

They're both bottoms, R244.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247January 22, 2019 2:45 AM

It's a pretty generic no-tongue Hollywood kiss r165. Nothing bad, but nothing noteworthy except it was nice to see it in the pilot.

by Anonymousreply 248January 22, 2019 3:06 AM

Exactly R246. Heigl is and was a massive bitch, but there's no denying she was a stunner. The Baranski spawn...is aight.

by Anonymousreply 249January 22, 2019 3:48 AM

R248 I liked the intensity and passion of the kiss. No tongue, but it was still a great kiss. You could tell Michael was dying to kiss Alex after all these years.

by Anonymousreply 250January 22, 2019 5:15 AM

R246 I agree that Michael was casted well, same with Alex. They even have chemistry together as a couple, of the three scenes they shared so far. Isobel was terribly miscast though. Not a fan of the actor playing her.

by Anonymousreply 251January 22, 2019 5:21 AM

[quote]Isobel was terribly miscast though. Not a fan of the actor playing her.

This is all I see when she's onscreen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252January 22, 2019 6:10 AM

R252 Same. I hate commenting on people's looks. I'm not exactly good looking myself. The thing is though, I never would have considered becoming an actor. Actors are judged by their looks. Uglies should consider other professions. She's not even ugly, but yeah it's very distracting.

by Anonymousreply 253January 22, 2019 6:38 AM

[quote]Actors are judged by their looks. Uglies should consider other professions.

Well, the ones in romantic leading roles, yes.

Less attractive actors can still be talented in other roles.

by Anonymousreply 254January 22, 2019 6:48 AM

R253, we’ve had great careers.

by Anonymousreply 255January 22, 2019 10:08 PM

The actress playing Isabel isn't as pretty as Katherine Heigl, but I don't think any of the cast is as pretty. I mean Max and Michael's actors also aren't as beautiful as Behr and Fehr were.

by Anonymousreply 256January 22, 2019 10:39 PM

I think Tyler is just as pretty as Brendan.

But remember, R256, these actors are in their late 20s/early 30s, so of course they’re not as attractive as the original cast because they’re not as young and fresh.

by Anonymousreply 257January 22, 2019 10:51 PM

Heigl was gorgeous and I still like her no matter what. Parsons looks a lot older than his age is supposed to be.

by Anonymousreply 258January 22, 2019 11:34 PM

The characters being older also makes some of the writing pretty clunky. Max's obsession with Liz makes sense when you are dealing with highschool characters, when you dealing with someone 30 years old he now seems creepily disturbed and emotionally stunted. "I couldn't love a girl for 10 fucking years because I am still obsessed with this girl I was friends with in highschool!!!11!" That's not sweet, that's scary.

by Anonymousreply 259January 22, 2019 11:37 PM

Jason Behr's ass:

("Skinwalkers")

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260January 22, 2019 11:45 PM

Liz is supposed to be a scientist?

That blonde girl is a cop?

by Anonymousreply 261January 23, 2019 1:55 AM

You forgot Kyle as a doctor r261!

None of them pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 262January 23, 2019 1:59 AM

True, and now the two cops are fucking each other.

She reminds me of the woman from Its Always Sunny...

by Anonymousreply 263January 23, 2019 2:07 AM

Jason Behr:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264January 23, 2019 2:11 AM

After watching the reboot, I decided to rewatch the pilot of the original to compare and contrast. The reboot isn't bad, but two things struck out to me. This version's Liz and Max aren't nearly as beautiful as the original's Liz and Max, especially Max. Jason Behr was otherworlds beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 265January 23, 2019 2:12 AM

Most of the actors in the original were better looking than these counterparts. I like that the characters are older, but many of the roles seem miscast. Also, the showrunner was a terrible writer for her previous series, so I don't expect too much from this one.

by Anonymousreply 266January 23, 2019 2:15 AM

R265, I think the original pilot had a great opening scene -- when Liz gets shot and Max removes the bullet from her.

Jason & Shiri showed a strong connection right from that moment.

They may not have been the strongest actors, but I thought the Liz-Max chemistry worked.

by Anonymousreply 267January 23, 2019 2:16 AM

The sex scenes in tonight’s episode is why this should be on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 268January 23, 2019 2:35 AM

Looking up Nathan Parsons and I see he got his SAG card running around in his undies for David Decoteau

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269January 23, 2019 3:08 AM

Well, I think we can all agree that the one cast member in this reboot better looking than his original counterpart is Tyler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270January 23, 2019 3:15 AM

The show so far isn't horrible. But, I do like that they aren't dragging things out. I'm betting Alex's homophobe dad captures Michael at the end of the season.

by Anonymousreply 271January 23, 2019 3:15 AM

R270, Right. He's the only one.

by Anonymousreply 272January 23, 2019 3:19 AM

I think the reboot Maria is prettier than the bland original played by Majandra Delfino.

by Anonymousreply 273January 23, 2019 3:23 AM

Is Caydee still earning more money than Jason?

by Anonymousreply 274January 23, 2019 3:31 AM

R270 Yep. I give the show A+ for casting a gay man to play a gay character. I'm sick of seeing straight actors in gay roles. I'd also say that the gay couples work better if at least one half is gay irl.

by Anonymousreply 275January 23, 2019 4:31 AM

R275, Tyler is probably gay or bi, but he isn't out yet. So we still aren't seeing that many out actors play gay roles.

by Anonymousreply 276January 23, 2019 4:34 AM

See, I'm actually cool with the new re-imaginings of the characters.

Them being older Max being a cop Kyle a doctor Michael being bisexual and Alex gay Michael being brilliantly smart (more than Liz)

I like all these changes. It re-shuffles the dynamics. I don't want to see the same exact show. Been there, done that.

by Anonymousreply 277January 23, 2019 4:45 AM

Formatting^^^

Trying again...

See, I'm actually cool with the new re-imaginings of the characters.

Them being older

Max being a cop

Kyle a doctor

Michael being bisexual and Alex gay

Michael being brilliantly smart (more than Liz)

I like all these changes. It re-shuffles the dynamics. I don't want to see the same exact show. Been there, done that.

by Anonymousreply 278January 23, 2019 4:48 AM

[quote]I think the reboot Maria is prettier than the bland original played by Majandra Delfino.

Well, Majandra Delfino may not be a conventional beauty, but she was attractive enough.

And her function wasn't to be the pretty one -- that was the job of Katherine Heigl (and to a lesser extent Shiri Appleby and Emilie de Ravin).

Delfino's function was to provide humor and character, and she did that pretty well. She also had good chemistry with Brendan Fehr, and they were an off-screen couple for a couple years.

by Anonymousreply 279January 23, 2019 4:52 AM

So are we going to end every episode with them kissing?

by Anonymousreply 280January 23, 2019 4:59 AM

R276 Either way we still have a gay (or bi) actor playing a gay character. And I think we can remove the "probably" as he's currently dating a guy.

by Anonymousreply 281January 23, 2019 5:03 AM

Would still be nice for him to publicly acknowledge the relationship R281

by Anonymousreply 282January 23, 2019 5:04 AM

R282 True. I hope he comes out soon.

by Anonymousreply 283January 23, 2019 5:08 AM

R281, the reason I said gay or bi for Tyler is because the person who runs Chyler Updates claims he is bi.

It does look like Tyler is with Chandler, although it's hard to say what his game plan for coming out is.

A few years ago Tyler was going on dates with girls, so he may not be as ready as we think he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284January 23, 2019 5:42 AM

She can claim whatever she wants, doesn't make it fact.

by Anonymousreply 285January 23, 2019 5:42 AM

True, R285, I don't necessarily agree with the person who runs Chyler Updates.

But, Tyler was going on 'dates' with girls, as the Just Jared photos show.

by Anonymousreply 286January 23, 2019 5:49 AM

Tab Hunter went on 'dates' with girls too.

by Anonymousreply 287January 23, 2019 5:52 AM

Yes, I know.

I meant that since Tyler has recently been going on 'dates' with girls, he may not be ready to publicly announce a relationship with a guy yet.

by Anonymousreply 288January 23, 2019 6:08 AM

The gay characters have kissed more in two episodes than Kevin in 3 seasons on Riverdale.

by Anonymousreply 289January 23, 2019 7:54 AM

R285 PREACH! I think Tyler is gay, not bi. I think his previous relationships have been fake. I think Ashley and Tyler bearded for each other because they're both gay.

by Anonymousreply 290January 23, 2019 7:56 AM

R282 He is in this weird space right now where he's not really out but not really in either. Idk what to call it, glass closeted maybe? It doesn't take much research to figure out he and Chandler are an item. It reminds me of how Kevin McHale and Austin McKenzie acted before they made it public. Basically, they were all over each other's Instagrams but never said out loud they were a couple, not until the hand holding pic anyway.

by Anonymousreply 291January 23, 2019 8:04 AM

R291, that's also similar to Julian Morris & Landon Ross.

by Anonymousreply 292January 23, 2019 8:44 AM

That's sad r289, I've never watched Riverdale but I didn't realize how terrible they treated their gay character.

by Anonymousreply 293January 23, 2019 12:32 PM

R268 Exactly. There would have been at least a couple of ass shots. I hate network TV.

by Anonymousreply 294January 23, 2019 12:43 PM

[Quote] Well, I think we can all agree that the one cast member in this reboot better looking than his original counterpart is Tyler.

I don't think either of them particularly attractive.

[Quote] Say what you want about her now, but Katherine Heigl really was a beauty back in 1999 and would turn any head when walking into a room.

That's true but this hairstyle in season 3 was a mistake and made her look much older than a 18 year old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295January 23, 2019 1:44 PM

[Quote] I think the reboot Maria is prettier than the bland original played by Majandra Delfino.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296January 23, 2019 1:46 PM

Tyler Blackburn has a sex scene with Cheyenne Jackson in "Hello Again" where you see his ass. I remember thinking it was surprisingly beefy r294.

by Anonymousreply 297January 23, 2019 2:32 PM

Saw the second episode...

Ok, I let me preface this by saying I really, really, really, really want to like this show...like really.

I actually like the updated changes, especially the Michael/Alex storyline. On paper, these changes look interesting and have a lot of potential to create really dramatic and interesting storytelling.

i.e….

- Max being a cop with healing capabilities which he must refrain from using

- Liz being a daughter of undocumented immigrants in a place like New Mexico, a border state, tying together the show's themes of alienation and feeling isolated.

- Alex being a veteran, and struggling to get out from under his asshole father, who happens to be leading the alien hunt conspiracy project

etc., etc.

These are all cool if executed well…but the writing just isn’t strong enough.

I feel like the pacing is all off. The reveals and the character development seem rushed, and the dialogue very expository as opposed to showing us. Maybe this is because they only have 13 episodes, who knows.

Again, I know this is expecting way too much from a CW show, but they have a good premise and concept; they just need better writers to pull it off.

Having said that, the actors playing Michael and Alex have incredible chemistry together and, to be honest, they’re the only aspect of the show that feels solid at this point, and it would be a shame to lose this representation because they overall show isn’t up to par.

by Anonymousreply 298January 23, 2019 7:48 PM

R295, I think they wanted Katherine to look more mature for Season 3 because her character was having a relationship with the older Adam Rodriguez.

by Anonymousreply 299January 23, 2019 7:52 PM

Yes the writing is pretty clunky honestly r298. How long the gay characters (and nostalgia because I watched the original when I was young) can keep me watching this show is a real question.

I'm not a high schooler anymore, so I have higher expectations out of shows. But like you said, I don't know if I am expecting too much out of a CW show.

But yes, Michael and Alex do have chemistry. And Michael is the only character that has been fun to watch so far.

by Anonymousreply 300January 23, 2019 7:56 PM

OF COURSE they're adding Mexicans. shit is so predictable.

by Anonymousreply 301January 23, 2019 7:57 PM

The original book character is of Mexican descent, and it is set in fucking New Mexico. But thanks for playing r301.

by Anonymousreply 302January 23, 2019 7:58 PM

R301...yeah, because Mexicans living in New Mexico...that's so unrealistic!

by Anonymousreply 303January 23, 2019 7:58 PM

r301 It's 2019, if they didn't add Mexicans, it'd be 10 times as ridiculous as it is.

298 I also thought that Alex/Michael have great chemistry.

What's up with Isobel/husband getting so little screen time though? Has it all gone to Max/Liz? It's an interesting situation Isobel's in, it could used a bit more development.

And what's up with Liz's father being and illegal immigrant and yet owning a restaurant? Did I misunderstand something?

by Anonymousreply 304January 23, 2019 7:59 PM

[quote]OF COURSE they're adding Mexicans. shit is so predictable.

Wasn't the original Maria, and the actress Majandra Delfino, of partial-Mexican background?

by Anonymousreply 305January 23, 2019 8:35 PM

I’m not that familiar with the original so whatever changes happened don’t mean anything to me.

I just laughed out loud when Liz? said she was a scientist.

Is Max the sheriff or a deputy? I think he’s a stud.

by Anonymousreply 306January 23, 2019 10:17 PM

r306 I think it was mentioned in ep 1? That she he worked on a project somewhere but didn't get the grant because they needed money for the wall. Hey, if that blond chick can be a cop, Liz can be a scientist.

by Anonymousreply 307January 23, 2019 11:22 PM

Well, Liz was very good at science in the original series, so I suppose that aspect is a natural development.

by Anonymousreply 308January 23, 2019 11:38 PM

The original Liz's first opening voiceover was about being obsessed with Marie Curie.

by Anonymousreply 309January 24, 2019 12:43 AM

Its not about the character being a scientist as a change, it is about the actor pulling it off.

I think some people are missing the point.

by Anonymousreply 310January 24, 2019 12:45 AM

I think I like everything but Liz and Max, and even that's tolerable.

The actress who pays Maria is really appealing.

by Anonymousreply 311January 24, 2019 12:50 AM

[quote]What's up with Isobel/husband getting so little screen time though?

Yeah, Isobel has been kinda shafted in focus in the first two episodes, but inevitably that will change.

The Kyle character has been getting too much screen time. He doesn't need that much focus.

by Anonymousreply 312January 24, 2019 2:22 AM

Isobel didn't get much to do in the original first season of Roswell, either.

by Anonymousreply 313January 24, 2019 2:31 AM

Please... We need to get used to her mole before having more Isobel on screen.

by Anonymousreply 314January 24, 2019 3:41 AM

Tyler looks kind of like Taylor Kitsch. The curly haired guy that's his lover is cute too.

by Anonymousreply 315January 24, 2019 6:20 AM

R315 But at least Tyler plays for our team. I don't think Taylor is. AFAIK Taylor Kitsch is straight.

by Anonymousreply 316January 24, 2019 7:07 AM

R313 I'm fine with Isobel not having much to do. I'm not a huge fan of the character. I'd rather see more of Alex and Michael.

by Anonymousreply 317January 24, 2019 7:11 AM

Alex is very cute when he smiles. I'm all for a little bit of angst, but I would like to see more of his sweet side too.

by Anonymousreply 318January 24, 2019 7:13 AM

Speaking of Taylor Kitsch, we hardly talk about him anymore.

Is he over?

by Anonymousreply 319January 24, 2019 7:28 AM

Sadly, I think he is r319. I was a big fan and watched all of his stuff.

by Anonymousreply 320January 24, 2019 7:46 AM

Was it 'John Carter' that killed Taylor's career?

by Anonymousreply 321January 24, 2019 8:10 AM

This scene was hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322January 24, 2019 8:51 AM

I like the show so far. Though I have to admit that I didn't watch the original show. I love how much time the gay plot gets so far.

by Anonymousreply 323January 24, 2019 12:31 PM

Watching the pilot for the second time (half watched the first time) and thanks to you bitches, I'm just like...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324January 24, 2019 7:25 PM

R297, here are some caps of the scene between Tyler Blackburn & Cheyenne Jackson in "Hello Again":

(but there doesn't seem to be a full view of his ass)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325January 24, 2019 11:23 PM

[quote]And what's up with Liz's father being and illegal immigrant and yet owning a restaurant? Did I misunderstand something?

In real life, some illegal immigrants have managed to own businesses through different methods. This article sort of explains how they do it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326January 25, 2019 12:13 AM

You get a decent look at it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327January 25, 2019 12:16 AM

[quote]Wasn't the original Maria, and the actress Majandra Delfino, of partial-Mexican background?

Majandra was born in Venezuela. Her mother is Cuban and her father is an Italian Venezuelan. I think it was mentioned up thread that Maria was supposed to be Mexican in the original show and the showrunners changed their plans.

by Anonymousreply 328January 25, 2019 12:18 AM

In the books the character is Liz Ortecho and is of Mexican descent. The 90s show very much white washed her by changing it to Liz Parker.

God, it is funny how things change. The show would have gotten eviscerated if it did that now, but back then it is no big deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329January 25, 2019 12:21 AM

[quote]I think I like everything but Liz and Max

I mentioned this for last episode but it is still true, the characters are being written like highschoolers even though they are 30.

"I still really want to kiss you, meet me at X at sunrise?" That first scene made me roll my eyes. It's the type of dialogue that doesn't work when you decided to age up the characters.

by Anonymousreply 330January 25, 2019 12:36 AM

[Quote] I feel like the pacing is all off. The reveals and the character development seem rushed, and the dialogue very expository as opposed to showing us.

That's the exact same problem i'm having with the Charmed reboot. I'm giving it until the end of season 1.

[Quote] I think they wanted Katherine to look more mature for Season 3 because her character was having a relationship with the older Adam Rodriguez.

Well then they succeeded lol

[Quote] Wasn't the original Maria, and the actress Majandra Delfino, of partial-Mexican background?

I don't think they ever mentioned it in the show. I know there's a scene in season one where she says something to Liz in Spanish.

[Quote] Speaking of Taylor Kitsch, we hardly talk about him anymore. Is he over?

The last thing i saw him in was American Assassin. And i just remembered he played Gambit in that terrible Wolverine movie.

by Anonymousreply 331January 25, 2019 3:00 AM

R327, this frame shows part of Tyler's ass, but it would have been good if they'd pulled the camera back:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332January 25, 2019 6:04 AM

Tyler is hairier than I expected.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333January 25, 2019 6:50 AM

Michael Vlamis & Travis Blackburn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334January 25, 2019 2:18 PM

Ok, one thing I am giving this reboot major props for is the serious GAY representation we are getting here.

So far, the gay couple on this show is getting practically equal billing and screen-time as the main heterosexual couple. They are showing us real intimacy with Michael/Alex, with real (open-mouthed) kisses that do not cut away after a millisecond, and even a steamy sex scene juxtaposed a straight one.

That is some amazing representation that I don't think I've ever seen on a mainstream TV show before.

Let's keep this show going just for this.

by Anonymousreply 335January 25, 2019 2:45 PM

Just as a reminder, the Michael character is bi, not gay. And there is going to be a relationship between him and Maria too. So people won't be upset when that happens lol.

by Anonymousreply 336January 25, 2019 2:57 PM

Yeah, we will, R336.

Why can't they just make Michael gay instead of having to do the bi thing with Maria?

by Anonymousreply 337January 25, 2019 7:32 PM

You know how the CW loves love triangles r337

by Anonymousreply 338January 25, 2019 7:38 PM

I'm cool with a little bi love triangle--so long as Michael chooses Alex in the end.

And judging by the first two episodes, I think they are meant to be end game. But Alex obviously has a lot of self-loathing to get over before that happens.

I like that it's Michael (the bi guy) who seems more unabashedly smitten and ready to commit than the gay guy. So many times it's the other way around, with the gay guy chasing and pining for the bisexual dude who can't come to terms with himself.

by Anonymousreply 339January 25, 2019 7:45 PM

I got a "d'awww" out of Alex telling Michael that when they look at each other and he feels 17 again. Particularly when Michael followed that with pointing out that's why he looks at Alex.

I'm pretty sure Michael is all in.

Although I do find Maria really appealing too.

by Anonymousreply 340January 25, 2019 11:18 PM

If Michael chooses the woman, SJW will cry that's homophobic. If he chooses the white guy, SJW will cry that's racist. If he chooses both, everyone but SJW will cry that's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 341January 26, 2019 2:47 AM

They should do a Isobel/Michael/Alex love triangle.

by Anonymousreply 342January 26, 2019 12:06 PM

[Quote] They should do a Isobel/Michael/Alex love triangle.

They sort of did that in the original.

by Anonymousreply 343January 26, 2019 1:58 PM

Nathan Parsons (Mac) used to be on General Hospital.

There were persistent rumors that he's gay. I find him hot AF.

by Anonymousreply 344January 27, 2019 12:57 AM

Max not Mac

by Anonymousreply 345January 27, 2019 12:58 AM

He also played a gay vampire during the last season of True Blood.

by Anonymousreply 346January 27, 2019 1:18 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347January 27, 2019 1:18 AM

Yes Nathan Parsons was brought in to replace Luke Grimes who infamously quit "True Blood" rather than play gay.

by Anonymousreply 348January 27, 2019 1:21 AM

Didn't realize until now that Nathan was born in Australia.

by Anonymousreply 349January 27, 2019 1:28 AM

There were rumors Tony Geary had designs on him in his GH days, no?

by Anonymousreply 350January 27, 2019 1:29 AM

He was raised in America though r349, so he isn't "really" Australian.

by Anonymousreply 351January 27, 2019 1:30 AM

Nathan looks like he could be cut in that underwear pic that R269 posted, but I'm not positive.

by Anonymousreply 352January 27, 2019 1:30 AM

I liked it when hot gay alien guy ripped his shirt off and lept on hot gay human guy and was all 'yeah, eat my nipples, yeah, feel my fleshy ass, yeah fucking eat my ears', that was neat

by Anonymousreply 353January 27, 2019 1:35 AM

They had a cover of this in the last episode. I forgot all about this song. I like the 90s references, they remind me of being a kid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354January 27, 2019 6:46 AM

Who is playing the Emilie De Raven roll?

by Anonymousreply 355January 27, 2019 7:19 AM

Tyler's boyfriend just posted this on his story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356January 27, 2019 9:50 AM

[Quote] Who is playing the Emilie De Raven roll?

Is a Tess needed??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357January 27, 2019 1:20 PM

The new show leans more heavily on the Roswell High novel series than the original show did. Tess was a creation for the show, and since the rights to it are owned by Fox (and imminently Disney), CBS/Warner Bros don't have access to the rights.

by Anonymousreply 358January 27, 2019 2:53 PM

Exactly r358. Characters like Tess were a creation of the show, this isn't actually a remake of the show. They have the rights to the books, and it is a reimagining of those characters.

by Anonymousreply 359January 27, 2019 3:13 PM

Is there a character similar to Tess in the books?

by Anonymousreply 360January 27, 2019 3:18 PM

Not really r360. The books do have some other alien characters, but they are guys. One is a love interest for Liz, one a love interest for Isabel.

by Anonymousreply 361January 27, 2019 3:49 PM

R361, I love that you not only read an almost 20 year old YA series, but that you recall plot points about 3rd tier characters. Marry me!

by Anonymousreply 362January 27, 2019 5:48 PM

What CW hotty should they cast as the fourth alien?

by Anonymousreply 363January 28, 2019 12:36 AM

Knowing CW they'll cast a female for the fourth alien like the original show did. I can see the new fourth alien being played by a non-white actress.

by Anonymousreply 364January 28, 2019 12:45 AM

Can someone help my memory. Were Michael, Isobel, and Max wearing human skin suits in the original TV series or in the books or did they just look human? I really can't remember.

by Anonymousreply 365January 28, 2019 1:48 AM

I think they just looked human.

There was another race called "the Skins" who had to wear skin husks.

by Anonymousreply 366January 28, 2019 1:49 AM

I remember a gay rumor about Michael Trevino during the TVD years and that the Asian chick from Glee was his paid beard.

by Anonymousreply 367January 28, 2019 2:02 AM

[quote]Yes Nathan Parsons was brought in to replace Luke Grimes who infamously quit "True Blood" rather than play gay.

Well, it's nice to know Nathan doesn't care about playing gay.

He read he actually auditioned for the part of Michael initially, but they gave him Max instead, so he went into that knowing if he got the part of Michael, he'd be playing gay again.

by Anonymousreply 368January 28, 2019 2:16 AM

R356, is that Tyler? It’s hard to tell.

by Anonymousreply 369January 28, 2019 4:09 AM

R369 Of course it's fucking Tyler. Are you blind? Who else would it be?

by Anonymousreply 370January 28, 2019 5:32 AM

Tyler posted this on his story. Sneaky rat @chandlerlafee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371January 28, 2019 5:33 AM

Michael Trevino is smoking hot.

by Anonymousreply 372January 28, 2019 7:20 AM

R356, his boyfriend is Asian?

by Anonymousreply 373January 28, 2019 7:29 AM

R373 WTF are you on about? The one on the left is Tyler, he might look "Asian" because he's part native. Hence the darker complexion.

by Anonymousreply 374January 28, 2019 7:48 AM

I believe a few years ago there was some complaining about Michael Trevino because he didn't speak Spanish and claiming that he didn't act Latino "enough".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375January 28, 2019 8:00 AM

Is Michael Trevino gay? He pings to me, but I don't know.

He's 34 now.

by Anonymousreply 376January 28, 2019 8:20 AM

If he's gay, he's not out.

by Anonymousreply 377January 28, 2019 8:53 AM

JESUS CHRIST...the poster going on and on an on about this Tyler Blackburn actor is so goddamn ANNOYING.

Get a blog or a Tumblr, man.

by Anonymousreply 378January 28, 2019 9:35 AM

R378 He is relevant to the show because he's playing one of the gay characters.

by Anonymousreply 379January 28, 2019 9:59 AM

[Quote] Yes Nathan Parsons was brought in to replace Luke Grimes who infamously quit "True Blood" rather than play gay.

Did Luke even know what True Blood was about??

[Quote] There was another race called "the Skins" who had to wear skin husks.

I loved Courtney in season 2. Her banter with Maria over Michael was pretty funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380January 28, 2019 1:54 PM

Yes, R380. Those scenes between Courtney and Maria were fun.

And that's also the episode where Colin Hanks did his strip tease for Katherine Heigl.

by Anonymousreply 381January 28, 2019 8:12 PM

[quote] Yes Nathan Parsons was brought in to replace Luke Grimes who infamously quit "True Blood" rather than play gay.

[quote] Did Luke even know what True Blood was about??

When Luke was originally cast his character was hooking up with Jessica. The next season he received the news that his character would hook up with Lafayette and Luke bailed.

by Anonymousreply 382January 28, 2019 8:16 PM

I found the clip where it came from r352, heh, maybe it will help you. Nathan Parsons starts depantsing at 3:30

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383January 29, 2019 12:21 AM

[Quote] When Luke was originally cast his character was hooking up with Jessica. The next season he received the news that his character would hook up with Lafayette and Luke bailed.

I understand that, but you would think when you're working on a show like True Blood. It shouldn't come as such a surprise that you're character could hook up someone of the same sex.

[Quote] And that's also the episode where Colin Hanks did his strip tease for Katherine Heigl.

God bless him lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384January 29, 2019 12:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385January 29, 2019 6:22 PM

I was feeling pretty skeptical after the first two episodes, but I thought this one worked better, it finally started getting me more invested in the show. I think the dialog between the characters sounded noticeably less clunky. Rosa's hidden hints was a reach and a half, but whatever, I can go with it.

Also seeing our the two guys hanging in bed and being casually intimate with each other was nice, a more powerful visual than their kiss IMO.

by Anonymousreply 386January 30, 2019 2:33 AM

R386, I haven't watched the new series yet, but it sounds like things are happening at a fast pace if the main characters have already had sex with each other.

In the original series, it took a couple of seasons before that happened.

Maybe it's because they're adults this time.

by Anonymousreply 387January 30, 2019 7:53 AM

It's because they have sex since high school R387.

by Anonymousreply 388January 30, 2019 9:33 AM

You can tell this was written and produced by a woman. The gay scene in the new episode, although cute, never happens in real life. Gay men have sex and kiss and are generally very physical. None of this *touching your body after sex* shit.

by Anonymousreply 389January 30, 2019 10:08 AM

r389, it actually happens a lot these days. Especially when you hook up with guys who want to have an emotional connection with you. All snuggly, touchy-feely, sharing personal life stuff. After all the show's gay plot isn't about guys finding each other on the show's version on grindr and just have sex and then leave and look for the next hook-up opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 390January 30, 2019 10:18 AM

sorry, on the show's version OF Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 391January 30, 2019 10:20 AM

[quote]The gay scene in the new episode, although cute, never happens in real life. Gay men have sex and kiss and are generally very physical. None of this *touching your body after sex* shit.

What? You never kiss and touch the next morning? I feel sorry for you.

by Anonymousreply 392January 30, 2019 11:35 AM

The writting is bad but the gay scene was the only realistic one of this episode. And I'm not talking about the scifi.

by Anonymousreply 393January 30, 2019 11:47 AM

I cracked up at Isobel's western shirt with a turquoise bolo tie. The show films in New Mexico and I'm betting someone in the costume department is local and suggested that look to laugh behind Lily Cowles' back. It's usually older woman in New Mexico who wear turquoise crap jewelry.

by Anonymousreply 394January 30, 2019 2:15 PM

394 What, you mean Liz being guided to the love letter by the stars and her dead sister didn't seem realistic to you? It happens to me every other day.

by Anonymousreply 395January 30, 2019 2:31 PM

[quote]The writting is bad but the gay scene was the only realistic one of this episode.

Agreed. I think they are hitting all the right emotional beats with this storyline, and I'm invested.

I just wish the rest of the show was as good. Funny how one aspect of the show can be written so well, but the rest not so much.

This whole murder mystery plot with Liz's sister is downright silly.

by Anonymousreply 396January 30, 2019 2:33 PM

[quote] It's usually older woman in New Mexico who wear turquoise crap jewelry.

Turquoise is one of the birthstones of the Sagittarius zodiac sign.

by Anonymousreply 397January 30, 2019 2:43 PM

I'm really not liking Liz. I can't see any reason to be in love with her over 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 398January 30, 2019 2:53 PM

The show isn't great. But, I still think it's better than the Charmed reboot.

by Anonymousreply 399January 30, 2019 2:54 PM

How was Rosa able to hide the letter she took from Max the night she got murdered? According to Max she was messed up on drugs?

I like the murder mystery and I like the show.

by Anonymousreply 400January 30, 2019 6:42 PM

Boy, is Michael sprung for Alex.

by Anonymousreply 401January 30, 2019 7:41 PM

So in which episode is Isobel's husband going to die?

by Anonymousreply 402January 30, 2019 8:08 PM

When the mole comes to life and eats him R402

by Anonymousreply 403January 30, 2019 8:58 PM

I knew their honeymoon phase wouldn't last. I just didn't know it would be over this soon. I guess this paves way for Michael and Maria. Alex will realize what he lost but then it'll be too late because Michael is already with someone else.

by Anonymousreply 404January 30, 2019 9:30 PM

This new episode was boring. Not enough Alex and Michael, too much Max and Liz.

by Anonymousreply 405January 30, 2019 9:30 PM

I wonder if Alex's dad knows that he's gay? He at least suspects it, right? Hence the faint of heart comment. Does he know there is something between Michael and Alex and that's why he wants Alex to stay away? Maybe he's just using Michael being a criminal as an excuse. Did he know about Alex and Michael back when Alex was in high school? We need more backstory here. Flashbacks would be amazing.

by Anonymousreply 406January 30, 2019 9:35 PM

I don't understand why the actress with the mole hasn't gotten that removed.

It's huge & prominent. I can't concentrate on her dialogue because of it.

by Anonymousreply 407January 30, 2019 9:59 PM

He definitely knows r406. The scene where he sees Alex hanging out with Michael, Alex confronts him self-consciously assuming his dad is ashamed of seeing him with a guy, but his Dad turns it around and says it is the choice of Alex's guy that he disapproves of. It was (by the parameters of this show), surprisingly nice little writing I thought.

by Anonymousreply 408January 30, 2019 10:15 PM

R389, you’ve heard of toxic masculinity, right? Well, the gale male community has a different epidemic — toxic gayness. You are part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 409January 30, 2019 10:15 PM

It's still toxic masculinity. Being gay has nothing to do with it. The issue, like with straight men, is the fear of showing and expressing emotion and vulnerability.

by Anonymousreply 410January 30, 2019 10:23 PM

Next morning cuddles leads to some nice next morning sexing, that poster is missing out.

by Anonymousreply 411January 30, 2019 10:45 PM

[quote]I knew their honeymoon phase wouldn't last. I just didn't know it would be over this soon. I guess this paves way for Michael and Maria. Alex will realize what he lost but then it'll be too late because Michael is already with someone else.

From the press that the actors have been doing, it seem more like Michael and Alex are the goal and anything else is a complication.

That said, I like the woman playing Maria.

It's weird, I like Max and Liz individually, but I don't like them together. I also wish RIley Voelkel was playing Isabel and not Max's fuckbuddy. She's a lot more likable than the Baranski spawn.

We've also got Sherri Saum as Maria's mother and Claudia Black as Max and Isabel's mother coming up.

by Anonymousreply 412January 30, 2019 10:50 PM

So far I am very impressed by the show. Especially how they handle the gay story plot.

by Anonymousreply 413January 30, 2019 10:52 PM

[quote]He definitely knows [R406]. The scene where he sees Alex hanging out with Michael, Alex confronts him self-consciously assuming his dad is ashamed of seeing him with a guy, but his Dad turns it around and says it is the choice of Alex's guy that he disapproves of. It was (by the parameters of this show), surprisingly nice little writing I thought.

I also thought it was nice writing. I also think the dad will find out that Michael is alien at the end of the season. I hope this show is doing ok in the ratings in hopes of a second season.

by Anonymousreply 414January 31, 2019 1:02 AM

[quote]Boy, is Michael sprung for Alex.

I mean Michael is that "bad boy with a heart of gold who is lonely and desperate to be loved and accepted" archetype to a T. I can get it in that case.

Max's obsession with Liz is harder for me to accept, he has a lifelong obsession with Liz...because the plot says he does.

by Anonymousreply 415January 31, 2019 2:38 AM

[quote]I hope this show is doing ok in the ratings in hopes of a second season.

When will a decision on the show be made?

by Anonymousreply 416January 31, 2019 4:49 AM

May is the deadline R416. If it's a clear hit or clear disaster, it'll be made sooner.

by Anonymousreply 417January 31, 2019 5:43 AM

I found this, R417:

‘Roswell, New Mexico’ has a good shot at a second season

January 30, 2019

[quote]The CW should be happy with how “Roswell, New Mexico” – a reboot of the late-90s WB show, “Roswell” – is shaping up so far.

[quote]Airing after “The Flash” on Tuesdays, the freshman series premiered with a 0.4 live + same day rating among adults 18-49, placing it only behind “Charmed” as the network’s highest-rated series debut of the season so far. Even more notably, however, “Roswell” held onto that same 0.4 in its second week.

[quote]Its 0.4 L+SD average makes it, currently, the CW’s highest-rated rookie series of the season, and depending on how much its ratings decline in the coming weeks, could even manage to hold onto that title. Only time will tell if “Roswell” can achieve that, but for now, it’s sitting comfortably as a likely renewal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418January 31, 2019 5:56 AM

So if ratings hold, it could be renewed in Feb or March. May is when the decision HAS to be made by for series to be in production for fall.

by Anonymousreply 419January 31, 2019 6:02 AM

R412

Sherri Saum as the mother? Did she deliver her at 10 years old? That's just ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 420January 31, 2019 6:32 AM

I'm surprised by all the DL love for this show.

by Anonymousreply 421January 31, 2019 9:29 AM

[quote]Sherri Saum as the mother? Did she deliver her at 10 years old? That's just ridiculous.

Funny that you mention that. There's actually a wider age difference between Sherri Saum and Heather Hemmons (14 years) than there is between Diane Farr and Majandra Delfino (12).

Maybe it's a callback to the original series.

by Anonymousreply 422January 31, 2019 10:21 AM

Does anyone else think that Trevor St. John looks a bit too young playing Tyler Blackburn's father? There is a 15 year age difference between them.

by Anonymousreply 423January 31, 2019 1:38 PM

Why was this thread GRAYED OUT? I enjoyed seeing that pic of the old show whenever it got bumped. You FUCKERS!

by Anonymousreply 424January 31, 2019 1:52 PM

Here you go R424

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425January 31, 2019 2:29 PM

That’s fucking USELESS!

by Anonymousreply 426January 31, 2019 2:30 PM

It looks like May is when the CW will decide the fate of this show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427January 31, 2019 10:55 PM

I'm happy to hear about LoT being renewed. It's the queerest of the Arrow-verse shows, and also the lowest-rated.

by Anonymousreply 428January 31, 2019 11:01 PM

Hmm, interesting that they've already renewed Charmed but not Roswell. Is it because Roswell has only just started?

by Anonymousreply 429February 1, 2019 2:54 AM

As of right now Roswell is performing basically exactly as the Charmed reboot did

[quote]Three of The CW's four new series thus far this season have been new iterations of franchises from the network's past (or those of its predecessors). All have performed reasonably well, including newcomer Roswell. Its three-day average through two episodes (0.6 in adults 18-49, 2.17 million viewers) is right in line with the averages for Charmed (0.8, 2.17 million through two episodes) and Legacies (0.5, 1.64 million) after their first two episodes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430February 1, 2019 2:57 AM

I have a bad feeling this show will be cancelled. I just hope I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 431February 1, 2019 5:47 AM

If that godawful Charmed reboot can get renewed, there's no reason this show can't.

by Anonymousreply 432February 1, 2019 6:12 AM

Agreed, r432. I'm surprised Charmed was renewed.

by Anonymousreply 433February 1, 2019 6:16 AM

Isn't CW notorious for barely cancelling shows? The ratings must really plummet before they decide to cancel something. Although maybe the standards have changed, Roswell didn't get a full season after all so they might not be that confident in it. Even Charmed got 22 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 434February 1, 2019 12:31 PM

[quote]Although maybe the standards have changed, Roswell didn't get a full season after all so they might not be that confident in it.

The shorter seasons are not uncommon, though. Black Lightning had 13 episodes and LoT had 16 this year. All-American has 12.

I think Supernatural, Supergirl, Riverdale, Flash, and Arrow plus Charmed are the only ones who got 22.

by Anonymousreply 435February 1, 2019 12:38 PM

I like the Charmed reboot. It's harmless and a bit cheesy, like the original.

by Anonymousreply 436February 1, 2019 12:56 PM

Never mind, I forgot Charmed was a fall show and Roswell is a mid-season. I guess it's still early. At this point I definitely don't think the gay storyline is hurting the show, if anything it makes more people watch.

by Anonymousreply 437February 1, 2019 2:35 PM

Shows like this thrive on tumblr shipper popularity.

by Anonymousreply 438February 1, 2019 3:51 PM

Will we need to do a campaign of mailing miniature bottles of nail polish remover to CW to get them to renew the show?

by Anonymousreply 439February 1, 2019 5:13 PM

[quote]Shows like this thrive on tumblr shipper popularity.

Of course, the minute they start writing to it, the show goes to shit. *Ahem*Riverdale*ahem*.

by Anonymousreply 440February 1, 2019 5:20 PM

[quote]Roswell didn't get a full season after all so they might not be that confident in it.

How many Roswell episodes are there this season?

The original Roswell series had 22.

by Anonymousreply 441February 1, 2019 9:07 PM

Thirteen.

by Anonymousreply 442February 1, 2019 9:13 PM

R441 The original Roswell started off in the fall of '99 and usually broadcast shows that premiere in the fall and do well get a 22 episode order. In a recent year, some broadcast shows have shorter seasons because showrunners request it to be that way.

This Roswell reboot was put in a mid-season premiere and shows that start like that on broadcast get 10-13 episodes in the first reason.

The reboot films in New Mexico which offers decent tax breaks/incentives which may help the budget and could be a factor in a second season renewal.

by Anonymousreply 443February 1, 2019 9:13 PM

Oliver made a couple of videos with most of the "Malex" scenes. Here's part 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444February 2, 2019 7:15 AM

Part 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445February 2, 2019 7:15 AM

[Quote] Shows like this thrive on tumblr shipper popularity.

Most teen shows do. Although not all shippers are in their teens.

by Anonymousreply 446February 2, 2019 1:27 PM

Malex? Isn't that what those gays from Shadowhunters are called?

by Anonymousreply 447February 3, 2019 7:55 AM

Looking at those kissing scenes, ironically, the straight actor seems to be way more into it than Tyler.

by Anonymousreply 448February 3, 2019 9:47 AM

Malec R447

by Anonymousreply 449February 3, 2019 9:49 AM

R448 I noticed that too, wonder why. Maybe Tyler is just afraid of being too convincing?

by Anonymousreply 450February 3, 2019 10:17 AM

Michael Vlamis has been trying to make it in Hollywood for a long time and this is his first real job, it's important to him, I think he literally just cares more about trying to do his best. Also if you are the straight actor doing love scenes with a gay actor, I would think you would want to make extra sure you are just as convincing.

by Anonymousreply 451February 3, 2019 1:19 PM

Once the tumblr shippers start making up consipracy theories about him and Tyler and harrassing his girlfriend or whomever, he will quickly start phoning it in, so enjoy for now!

by Anonymousreply 452February 3, 2019 3:50 PM

R452

I hope not. One of the most refreshing things about this pairing is that Vlamis hasn't played into the tired heterosexual posturing so many other straight actors do when they play gay.

So far, I haven't see any press from him talking about how "difficult" it is to play gay/bisexual, or how he needed to rinse with mouthwash every time he had to kiss a dude, or any other coded variation of "ew, gross" comments that always seem to come out when straight actors do press on LGBT characters they play.

I've only ever seen him speak positively about the role, and his desire to do it justice and treat it just like any other relationship based in love.

Whether he's paying lip service to bolster his career, or he genuinely believes what he says (or both), I don't really care. So long as actors do their job and keep their underlying homophobia to themselves (if they have any), I'm cool.

by Anonymousreply 453February 3, 2019 7:19 PM

Not showing their homophobia is not enough for me. I want chemistry and heat. I'm fed up with straight actors playing gay characters "in love" who don't touch their partner below their shoulders and kiss with each other with closed faces (like Malec in Shadowhunters).

by Anonymousreply 454February 3, 2019 7:34 PM

I worked with an actor once on an interview. It was his second time playing gay in a film, and he talked about how straight actors shouldn't be afraid of it. He mentions being straight 6 times. I convinced him to cut it down to 2 references.

by Anonymousreply 455February 3, 2019 8:08 PM

Name, R455?

by Anonymousreply 456February 4, 2019 8:42 AM

R453 That's not the case with Vlamis though. He doesn't seem afraid to kiss or touch another guy. In fact I'd say he goes more in for the kisses than Tyler who is gay irl.

by Anonymousreply 457February 4, 2019 9:50 AM

I believe straight guys, who are comfortable with their sexuality, don't have the same hang-ups about kissing or flirting with guys than gay guys. There is still this sense of even harmless flirting is crossing the line when gays do it, because of "is it still a joke or does he really hit on me / the guy?" awkwardness.

Same goes with acting. I believe some gay actors don't want to look like they are into it (maybe they have a jealous boyfriend?) out of fear of stupid comments like "of course he's good at that, he's gay! ... so they probably fucked afterwards, right?".

by Anonymousreply 458February 4, 2019 10:02 AM

Yeah, for gay actors it could be more of a "Am I making him uncomfortable? Am I too convincing, does he think I'm hitting on him?". That's why a lot of TV gay couples look so stuff, even when one of the actors is gay (see Connor and Oliver from HTGAWM). I remember when Miriam Margolyes said she hated playing lesbians because she was afraid the other actress would think she's into her.

by Anonymousreply 459February 4, 2019 12:30 PM

Related but does the CW have some sort of censorship in place? I don't think I've ever seen anyone kiss with tongue on that network, gay OR straight.

by Anonymousreply 460February 4, 2019 4:57 PM

Not a CW thing, but more a US network thing, especially for shows that air before 10 PM.

by Anonymousreply 461February 4, 2019 5:01 PM

Russell Tovey actually talked directly about that r459. And yes, at least he feels he does hold back with a straight scene partner.

[Quote]When I’ve done stuff with Joe Williamson (Tovey’s boyfriend on “Looking”) – and we’re hugging and kissing and whatever, and he goes for it – I feel a slight responsibility to make sure that he doesn’t feel I’m taking advantage of the fact that this has been written. I don’t want him to feel uncomfortable, so I feel a responsibility to him in a different way than I do to girls.

[Quote]With Jonathan, doing these sex scenes just feels so cool. We’re such good mates now, and we laugh and we love doing our scenes together. You can do anything; your hands go everywhere, and it’s fine. Neither of us at any point feels uncomfortable, and that’s why it’s so good. We just completely trust each other, and we go for it. Neither of us hold back or feel any pang of responsibility for the other one when it comes to that. We just trust each other on a completely open level. Either of us could go to the other, “Hey, you should put your dick in there.” (Laughs)

by Anonymousreply 462February 4, 2019 5:05 PM

Fuck this reboot. I’m more interested in this ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463February 4, 2019 5:13 PM

When did this place collectively decide that Tyler is out? As far as I know he isn't, calm down bitches.

by Anonymousreply 464February 4, 2019 5:50 PM

He's glass closeted

by Anonymousreply 465February 4, 2019 5:52 PM

No one is saying that Tyler is actually out, he has never said that publicly, just that he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 466February 4, 2019 5:52 PM

He's bi, he dated that dyke from PLL.

by Anonymousreply 467February 4, 2019 5:57 PM

R467 Here we go again...

by Anonymousreply 468February 4, 2019 6:00 PM

R467 They both had a show to promote. They obviously bearded for each other.

by Anonymousreply 469February 4, 2019 6:23 PM

R464 He is living his life without actually coming out. It's pretty obvious Chandler is his boyfriend. He isn't hiding.

by Anonymousreply 470February 4, 2019 6:25 PM

R240 Just watched an episode yesterday. I agree Nathan Parsons is so not the brooding mysterious Max. He's like the douchebro at a frat party or at a local bar. He could have been cast as Kyle Valenti. When I saw him on screen, that's who I thought he was playing. Tyler Blackburn with that slight odd looking face would have been closer to Max. And don't we get started on this trashy Liz whom we're supposed to accept as a scientist... It's like watching a Bizarro version of the old show. Since this show will likely have a limited run, I will follow it to see what they do with gay Alex and just skip over the other plots.

by Anonymousreply 471February 5, 2019 12:33 AM

The actress playing Liz looks like a less attractive version of Izzy from Shadowhunters. Yes, I have juvenile taste in tv shows.

by Anonymousreply 472February 5, 2019 4:12 AM

The actress playing Liz is the weak link on this show. (I know, low bar.). The guy playing Max is OK, but confusingly written. The Baranski spawn is distractingly unattractive to be playing the bitchy pretty girl.

by Anonymousreply 473February 5, 2019 4:40 AM

R473 The new Liz actress makes Shiri Appleby seem Emmy worthy!

by Anonymousreply 474February 5, 2019 5:04 AM

R467 & R469, Ashley Benson did not beard for Tyler. She said that they never dated. I posted the article on one of the Tyler threads.

Tyler did go on 'dates' with other girls, though:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475February 5, 2019 5:13 AM

NuLiz was the longtime girlfriend of Beau Mirchoff, who's in the new Araki show. Not sure when they broke up, but they were together a good while.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476February 5, 2019 6:30 AM

Tyler is the only decent actor in this mess of a reboot.

by Anonymousreply 477February 5, 2019 7:20 AM

472, I liked Shadowhunters, too. I'm a sucker for these teen drama shows. On another DL thread I found out that there will be a new Pretty Little Liars spin off which gets me all exited. Yeah, Mary! And I so can't wait for the new Araki show.

by Anonymousreply 478February 5, 2019 9:18 AM

Why is it always the trashy low quality TV shows that have prominent gay stories I actually get invested in? Mary...

by Anonymousreply 479February 5, 2019 10:44 AM

I could do without the amputated leg! Geez, we get it. He's a war hero!

by Anonymousreply 480February 5, 2019 3:53 PM

Liz is not an actor. She is a dancer who won So You Think You Can Dance.

by Anonymousreply 481February 5, 2019 9:14 PM

[Quote] Related but does the CW have some sort of censorship in place? I don't think I've ever seen anyone kiss with tongue on that network, gay OR straight.

I feel like maybe Majandra & Brendan did?? I think it also depends on the actor. If i was one, i don't think i'd want to be tongue kissing anybody. You don't know where they've been.

[Quote] On another DL thread I found out that there will be a new Pretty Little Liars spin off which gets me all exited. Yeah, Mary! And I so can't wait for the new Araki show.

It's a shame that other spin-off Rosewood didn't do well. And i'm mostly looking forward to the Tyler Posey gifs from the new Araki show lol

by Anonymousreply 482February 5, 2019 9:31 PM

So what say you about tonight’s episode DL?

by Anonymousreply 483February 6, 2019 3:29 AM

on the west coast. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 484February 6, 2019 3:36 AM

They started setting up the Michael and Maria thing this episode.

Kyle continues to be a way more prominent character than I ever imagined he would be.

Michael *supposedly* killed those girls that Rosa got blamed for.

The Liz/Max scenes continue to be the most cringe-worthy of the show.

That's basically what you missed r484.

by Anonymousreply 485February 6, 2019 3:46 AM

Thanks R485.

No Michael/Alex action tonight then huh?

by Anonymousreply 486February 6, 2019 3:50 AM

Someone forgot to tell Nathan Parsons he was playing a hunk for a CW show because I was surprised when he took off his shirt last ep he had barely been working out. ' Michael Trevino was fit as hell, nice abs and nips.

[quote]No Michael/Alex action tonight then huh?

Nope, Alex wasn't even in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 487February 6, 2019 3:52 AM

R487 So much for the gay storyline! Could have done some more on Alex and his dad issue, even if Michael's busy with pussy grabbing.

by Anonymousreply 488February 6, 2019 4:36 AM

Disappointing episode.

by Anonymousreply 489February 6, 2019 4:38 AM

R487 I knew this would happen as soon as Tyler rejected Michael. It would create an opportunity for Michael and Maria. I won't watch this episode. I have no interest in the Michael and Maria relationship. I've seen spoiler pics for episode 5. Alex will be back next week.

by Anonymousreply 490February 6, 2019 5:25 AM

By Tyler I mean Alex, his character. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 491February 6, 2019 5:26 AM

It was weird that Alex wasn't even in the episode.

by Anonymousreply 492February 6, 2019 5:29 AM

This show has achieved the trifecta of bad casting, bad writing and bad acting!!! Alex's presence can barely keep this show watchable, and they benched him on this episode!

by Anonymousreply 493February 6, 2019 5:46 AM

Tonight's episode was boring.

by Anonymousreply 494February 6, 2019 9:23 AM

The Tyler Blackburn fangurls get testy if he's not included.

by Anonymousreply 495February 6, 2019 11:43 AM

Jake Borelli is a fan. He's probably watching for the hot gay scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496February 6, 2019 11:53 AM

You old bitter queens. I thought this episode was actually better than the previous three. It was still a CW fest but the pace was slower, there was more story development and character development (as much as you can get from a teeny-bopper show). The only downside was the lack of Alex, but I saw it coming since they broke it off in the previous episode. I'm a little surprised at the Michael/Maria flirting, I didn't think they'd actually hook them up this season. Ha! I guess the next few weeks we'll see their hook up story (along with the main plot) and then Michael/Alex will reunite in the final episode? They better hope those rating don't plummet if the shippers stop watching.

by Anonymousreply 497February 6, 2019 11:56 AM

Why do all these men want Liz. I don't get it. She has no personality. I'm going to scream if I hear "Rosa's" name again. Max has more chemistry with the cop woman and Kyle.

by Anonymousreply 498February 6, 2019 12:01 PM

Is it true that this show is being written by a Supernatural fanfic writer?! WHO is giving those crazies work?

by Anonymousreply 499February 6, 2019 12:03 PM

Yeah I'm fucking tired of the Rosa mystery.

by Anonymousreply 500February 6, 2019 1:19 PM

Max is so creepy. I don't like Liz but if I was her I wouldn't hesitate between him and Kyle.

by Anonymousreply 501February 6, 2019 2:10 PM

Kyle has great abs

by Anonymousreply 502February 6, 2019 2:54 PM

R499 yes, it's true. She went by Cadlymack.

by Anonymousreply 503February 6, 2019 2:58 PM

Did she write crazy brothers incest or boring straight stuff?

by Anonymousreply 504February 6, 2019 3:05 PM

R504 i never read any of her stuff (not into incest) but last i checked, she was a Wincest shipper and loved Jared Padalecki.

by Anonymousreply 505February 6, 2019 3:18 PM

Hilarious! Maybe she's make Max and Michael make out.

by Anonymousreply 506February 6, 2019 4:29 PM

R506 wouldn't surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 507February 6, 2019 4:37 PM

R495 I don't think it has anything to do with that. I think they just watch for the gay storyline and get pissed when one half of the gay couple is missing.

by Anonymousreply 508February 6, 2019 4:48 PM

Well, I'm pissed too. Bring back the gay!

by Anonymousreply 509February 6, 2019 4:55 PM

R508 I am not a Tyler fan at all (don't even know who he was before this) but anyone can see his acting is a notch above the rest of these amateurs. Of course, if he were playing a straight, I wouldn't even bother with this whole show to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 510February 6, 2019 6:20 PM

I wasn't familiar with him before this show either R510 but he's way too good of an actor to have to do same of those cringworthy scenes. Calling his boyfriend a criminal for selling some copperwire... Seriously? They couldn't think of anything less lame than selling copperwire? Also the poor guy barely pulled off that "Do I embarrass you dad?" Line.

by Anonymousreply 511February 7, 2019 2:08 AM

What are you all smoking? He's as mediocre as everyone else. But next to the Baranski spawn everyone else is basically Laurence Olivier. The CW shows generally don't strive for talent, they want hot. At least that Kyle guy has good abs and the homeless dude who plays Michael has good chemistry when he acts flirty/in love. I'm not sure about Max, did the guy not get the memo that he should do some sit-ups? He 's very homely.

by Anonymousreply 512February 7, 2019 11:19 AM

I don't care, I think Max is sexy.

by Anonymousreply 513February 7, 2019 11:57 AM

[Quote] The CW shows generally don't strive for talent, they want hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514February 7, 2019 2:27 PM

Think Max is sexy, too. He just needs to leave the shirt on

by Anonymousreply 515February 7, 2019 2:29 PM

R513 Are you Liz?

by Anonymousreply 516February 7, 2019 2:33 PM

R510 Yup, Tyler can act. Although I like Michael, the actor that plays him can't act for him. Seriously, he had no emotions behind anything he said in the "Malex" scenes. When he declared his love for Alex I was like...? Was that it? I didn't feel it at all, not realistic imo. Tyler looked like he was about to cry in one of his scenes with Michael. He's a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 517February 7, 2019 2:43 PM

R517 Really? I thought Tyler looked stiff as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 518February 7, 2019 3:35 PM

r516 God forbid

by Anonymousreply 519February 7, 2019 3:38 PM

What is up with Max's voice? He constantly sounds half-asleep.

by Anonymousreply 520February 7, 2019 3:59 PM

I assume that's him trying to mask his Australian accent, r520.

by Anonymousreply 521February 7, 2019 6:52 PM

It does sound like that would be the case r521, but Parsons was raised in America. The American accent is the natural one.

by Anonymousreply 522February 7, 2019 7:14 PM

Actually maybe that does explain his weird manner of speaking, google showed me this interview where he talks about his weird accent

[Quote]For the Australian born, Texas-raised actor, feeling like a fish out of water isn’t exactly an alien concept. It was his experience when his American parents moved back to the United States. “Having parents that were American helped, but I moved here at a young age and my accent was all over the place,” he recalled.

[Quote]“When I left high school, I had to sit with my acting coach and learn how to speak normal American because I had a half-drawl Australian/Texan accent,” he continued. “It was a weird drawl, but it was how I talked and I'm sure people were confused and thought I was making it up. I had to sit down and study a standard American accent. Now, after a few too many pints, people start to ask what's happening, as my accent will start going all over the place again. Playing [Ethan Lovett], an Australian for three years on General Hospital, which was one of my first jobs, I had to forget all the training I'd just done.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523February 7, 2019 7:33 PM

Oh, so he played an Australian? Gotta go check it out, I bet he sounds hot.

by Anonymousreply 524February 8, 2019 1:46 AM

She appears on various actors IG comments R503

R499 One young woman who was called the "queen of fanfiction" on one of those sites who wrote a lot One Direction fan fiction got a book deal that was then turned into a somewhat successful book and supposedly later on a movie studio became interested in wanting to buy the rights to her book and turn it into a movie.

by Anonymousreply 525February 8, 2019 4:15 AM

Maybe he sounds half-asleep all the time because he's half-asleep all the time.

by Anonymousreply 526February 8, 2019 1:13 PM

[Quote] She appears on various actors IG comments

Lol i believe it. I had a quick look at her instagram and it makes me cringe. I think it was ONTD i read that she started some drama between the actors from The Originals and a tumblr blog about the show. Sounded pretty messy!

[Quote] One young woman who was called the "queen of fanfiction" on one of those sites who wrote a lot One Direction fan fiction got a book deal that was then turned into a somewhat successful book and supposedly later on a movie studio became interested in wanting to buy the rights to her book and turn it into a movie.

I think the movie is called After.

by Anonymousreply 527February 8, 2019 1:27 PM

So, is this worth watching for the gay or not? I don't want another disappointment coughRiverdalecough where the gay character gets routinely ditched for a girl or has his love interest killed off or some other shit.

by Anonymousreply 528February 8, 2019 4:15 PM

R528 Well, in three episodes hey kissed more than Kevin did during three season on Riverdale. So far they're doing good. With that said, Michael is bi and Michael and Maria were the OG couple in the first Roswell. There is a chance he will end up with her and not Alex.

by Anonymousreply 529February 8, 2019 4:24 PM

they*

by Anonymousreply 530February 8, 2019 4:24 PM

[quote]Michael is bi and Michael and Maria were the OG couple in the first Roswell.

For fuck's sake, is this another kinda Moose/Kevin situation then? No, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 531February 8, 2019 5:29 PM

I don't know yet if I'm interested in Malex or not but that's all that show has for itself.

by Anonymousreply 532February 9, 2019 1:28 AM

The actors who play Alex and Michael are really going for that fanservice. Tyler, stop harrassing straight boys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533February 9, 2019 7:43 AM

What event is that from, R533?

by Anonymousreply 534February 9, 2019 8:01 AM

R478 I made a thread for you :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535February 9, 2019 2:08 PM

I thought Vlamis was straight but then I saw one of his likes that made me wonder. Maybe he's bi.

by Anonymousreply 536February 9, 2019 3:04 PM

And so it begins. They'll be "secretly in love and dating" in no time.

by Anonymousreply 537February 9, 2019 3:13 PM

R537 The unhinged real life shippers happen to actors who don't even talk to each other off screen or/and are married with kids. See: Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch. So these two were doomed from the start. I think they're attention whores and are enjoying all the attention, so let them be.

by Anonymousreply 538February 9, 2019 4:08 PM

R534 No idea, Vlamis posted it on his instagram. Looks like some kind of dinner, and he's obviously just trolling the shippers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539February 9, 2019 4:20 PM

R537 As I said, for the longest time I thought he was straight. He kept liking pic of women in bikinis with big boobs. But today he liked a pic of a naked guy, you could literally see his ass. This does not mean I think he is secretly dating Tyler. Tyler is with Chandler. It would never happen. I don't think Michael is bi. I still think he's straight. I just found it odd how he liked that pic, but who knows... maybe it was the aesthetic that made he like it, lol.

by Anonymousreply 540February 9, 2019 8:20 PM

I should add that Michael already "outed" himself as straight with the "kissing someone with a stubble" comment.

by Anonymousreply 541February 9, 2019 8:31 PM

We need to see that pic R540, please. For science.

by Anonymousreply 542February 9, 2019 10:06 PM

Yes, Michael is definitely straight, he talked about having to get used to kissing guys because facial hair hurts. The comment was unsolicited too, so he clearly wanted to set the record straight before anyone started any rumours.

by Anonymousreply 543February 10, 2019 1:51 AM

R540 Maybe Tyler stole his phone

by Anonymousreply 544February 10, 2019 2:39 AM

I didn't necessarily mean to attack you specifically r540, but as r538 said, people love shipping celebrities. I've seen it happen so many damn times, there were people "shipping" Chris Colfer and Darren Criss even after Glee ended which was especially amusing as the two didn't even like each other that much. I just felt it was inevitable it would start happening here.

But also as r538 mentioned, right now Vlamis and Blackburn are encouraging it. They are playing into that fangurl attention as much as possible, so whatever I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 545February 10, 2019 5:50 AM

So far I don't see anyone actually shipping anyone, so what's all the fuss about

by Anonymousreply 546February 10, 2019 1:26 PM

Tyler Blackburn is not that cute.

Who thinks he’s hot?

by Anonymousreply 547February 10, 2019 5:12 PM

It's a thread about the show

by Anonymousreply 548February 11, 2019 2:29 AM

R547 A lot of fangurls do, but yeah, he ain't all that by gay standards. However, the character he plays does have some appeal being this damaged hero who will draw in this bi guy and they (hopefully) become "OTP". It's straight out of fanfics.

by Anonymousreply 549February 11, 2019 2:47 AM

This is like Elite all over again, where the ugliest guys from the bunch were cast to play the main gay couple. Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 550February 11, 2019 5:32 PM

I mean, Michael Trevino is pretty much the only hot guy. Though I don't mind Tyler that much

by Anonymousreply 551February 11, 2019 5:36 PM

Yes, Roswell is barely hot by CW standards. Where are all the attractive actors at? Even the girls are meh.

by Anonymousreply 552February 11, 2019 6:13 PM

r547 I think he's hot.

r550 The only cast member who looks better than Tyler Blackburn is the guy playing Kyle. Michael Vlamis has a hot body even if the face is not classically handsome. They're fine.

by Anonymousreply 553February 11, 2019 7:49 PM

"They're adding Mexicans".

I thought that was a funny line item but the thread is grayed out.

by Anonymousreply 554February 11, 2019 7:51 PM

I might be in the minority but I think all the guys are hot. Kyle, Max, Michael and Alex, heck even Alex' dad. This is definitely not another Elite case. Even if you consider Alex and Michael ugly (I don't), they're still a million timers hotter than the gays on Elite.

by Anonymousreply 555February 11, 2019 8:13 PM

I have preferences--I do think Kyle is the hottest--but I think all the main guys are more than attractive enough so I'll join you, r555.

by Anonymousreply 556February 11, 2019 10:23 PM

I think Michael is the hottest. Kyle is the better looking one but Michael is the hottest imo. I don't care much about the other guys.

by Anonymousreply 557February 11, 2019 11:13 PM

Michael looks like he smells. Well, he does live in a trailer.

by Anonymousreply 558February 11, 2019 11:16 PM

I honestly find Max the least attractive. How can you be the male lead on a CW show and have a double chin and no abs? It's not like you're bringing stellar acting to the table.

by Anonymousreply 559February 11, 2019 11:24 PM

Michael has a very straight dude hobo aesthetic but maybe New Mexico gays do it differently

by Anonymousreply 560February 12, 2019 2:52 AM

I like Nathan Parsons but Michael Trevino is my favorite. He looks like one of my exes.

by Anonymousreply 561February 12, 2019 2:53 AM

R560 I am hoping his lack of grooming and hygiene is just a cover to fit in with the earthling dudebros! LOL

by Anonymousreply 562February 12, 2019 4:27 AM

What do we know about Michael Trevino?

He's 34 and appears to be unattached.

by Anonymousreply 563February 12, 2019 4:33 AM

This page for Michael is pretty hilarious

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564February 12, 2019 4:39 AM

R563 Trevino used to be with Tina from Glee, Jenna Ushkowitz. Is Asian gf = beard still a thing?

by Anonymousreply 565February 12, 2019 4:43 AM

Micheal Trevino used to be rather hot... now his face is getting a bit gaunt with age.

by Anonymousreply 566February 12, 2019 4:45 AM

Trevino has a major gayface, that's all I can say. In fact, he'd suit the gay role more than Michael Vlamis (although I think his character is technically not gay).

by Anonymousreply 567February 12, 2019 4:55 AM

Do you think they'll have lesbos on this show? It's not woke if you don't have lesbos!

by Anonymousreply 568February 12, 2019 4:59 AM

R568 CW already met its lesbo quota with Riverdale.

by Anonymousreply 569February 12, 2019 5:03 AM

CW's lesbo quota is "the more the better" that's why their superhero shows are drowning in lesbian sex.

by Anonymousreply 570February 12, 2019 5:11 AM

They also have lesbos in the Charmed reboot

by Anonymousreply 571February 12, 2019 5:12 AM

Nobody on this show is as attractive as their original counterpart.

by Anonymousreply 572February 12, 2019 5:59 AM

I don't know what it is with Trevino, but he seems the perfect fit for CW shows and I just can't imagine him in anything else. I love Nathan Parsons, but he has this gloomy monotone voice that would make reading a shopping list out loud sound ominous like with each new item the end of the world comes closer.

by Anonymousreply 573February 12, 2019 6:35 AM

[quote]Trevino has a major gayface, that's all I can say.

I agree. I used to assume he WAS gay.

by Anonymousreply 574February 12, 2019 7:07 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575February 12, 2019 7:10 AM

Back on The Vampire Diaries I was hoping that Tyler Lockwood and Jeremy Gilbert would hook up. I guess that was my first "ship".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576February 12, 2019 7:13 AM

R576 They were both wasted on that show...

by Anonymousreply 577February 12, 2019 7:19 AM

R575 What the hell is happening in that picture?

by Anonymousreply 578February 12, 2019 7:20 AM

Did TVD have any gay plotlines? I never watched the mess but maybe if there is a hot gay couple...

by Anonymousreply 579February 12, 2019 7:36 AM

R579, I only watched the first couple seasons of The Vampire Diaries.

I think the show had only straight characters when I watched, but maybe someone here who watched the later seasons can fill us in.

R576, Steven McQueen appears to be a big pussy hound from what I can tell.

by Anonymousreply 580February 12, 2019 7:50 AM

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals (the first spin-off) are incredibly tame, or lame, when it comes to gay content (and they are not old shows). But they had some great male eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 581February 12, 2019 8:15 AM

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals helped to give CW, like SyFy, that image branding where lesbians were favored and more visible on the shows than (icky) gays and their (icky) gay stuff. But to make them look PC they had a few gay characters. The Original's Josh character is probably on the same level as Kevin Keller on Riverdale when it comes to visibility and character development.

by Anonymousreply 582February 12, 2019 8:21 AM

Most shows that have a main-ish established gay couple don't survive long (unless it's a sitcom).

by Anonymousreply 583February 12, 2019 8:59 AM

The shows don't survive long, or the gay couples don't survive long, R583?

by Anonymousreply 584February 12, 2019 9:01 AM

[quote] Most shows that have a main-ish established gay couple don't survive long (unless it's a sitcom).

Most people watch shows for the drama. So called regular, "masculine" characters and their stories don't give viewers what they really want: DRAH-MA!. Ratings, what most people want, still matter. And it's an uncomfortable fact that gays alone can't support a gay show. You need the gay allies (fraus, etc.) as well on a really big scale. Why do you think the longest running shows on TV are the ones that are popular with fraus (say, How To Get Away With Murder)?

by Anonymousreply 585February 12, 2019 9:13 AM

R584 The shows R586 HTGAWM is one of those shows I thought of that have a long-lasting gay couple and are still airing. They managed to strike a good balance of batshit drama, mystery and relationships to attract all sorts of Fraus. Look at trash TV like Shadowhunters: the gay couple was the only thing going for that show, insanely popular with tumblr shippers, but it didn't save the show in the end.

by Anonymousreply 586February 12, 2019 10:00 AM

[Quote] people love shipping celebrities. I've seen it happen so many damn times, there were people "shipping" Chris Colfer and Darren Criss even after Glee ended which was especially amusing as the two didn't even like each other that much.

It doesn't take much when it comes to shipping. All they have to do is make eye contact these days lol

[Quote] Most shows that have a main-ish established gay couple don't survive long (unless it's a sitcom).

I know 😔

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587February 12, 2019 1:41 PM

TVD only had one gay character, and he didn't last long. They ended up killing him off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588February 12, 2019 1:54 PM

r588. Well, at the end they did kill his entire family off that season to trump Game of Thrones and its Red Wedding. The show did nothing with that character. He was just a glorified extra bickering at his sister and helping her out when needed while still bickering. We had to find out from some third party conversation that he had a fling with one of his professors at university. Of course they had a lesbian couple on the show (in the season dealing with the mother of the Salvatore brothers) who got a lot of air time, storyline and their Thelma and Louise moment.

by Anonymousreply 589February 12, 2019 2:47 PM

Just so you gays know, there will be no man on man action in tonight's episode so if you don't care about the plot might as well not watch. However, Tyler Blackburn will team up with Michael Trevino so maybe we will see some gay sparks flying.

by Anonymousreply 590February 12, 2019 3:35 PM

I’m wondering how writer are approaching naming their characters these day with the OCD of shipping names. For instance, if Roswell didn’t already have Max and Liz would they have chosen different names for them to be a couple as neither Miz or Lax is very warm and fuzzy.

by Anonymousreply 591February 12, 2019 8:47 PM

They didn't have much of a choice for potential ship names in Roswell, New Mexico given these are characters from pre-existing source material. But I believe Max and Liz are Echo (Evans + OrtECHO), which actually works pretty well.

by Anonymousreply 592February 12, 2019 10:56 PM

[quote]Tyler Blackburn is not that cute.

[quote]Who thinks he’s hot?

R547, I think Tyler is cute, but you're right that he's not as pretty as his friend & PLL co-star, Julian Morris.

by Anonymousreply 593February 12, 2019 11:30 PM

R590 A gay triangle (Alex/Michael/Kyle) would be too much to ask!

by Anonymousreply 594February 12, 2019 11:30 PM

R594 Though it might be something to explore in some fanfics. Alex has to choose between Kyle or Michael. And his dad is all team Kyle! LOL

by Anonymousreply 595February 12, 2019 11:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596February 13, 2019 1:08 AM

This thread is about full so I went ahead

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597February 13, 2019 1:38 AM

[Quote] I’m wondering how writer are approaching naming their characters these day with the OCD of shipping names. For instance, if Roswell didn’t already have Max and Liz would they have chosen different names for them to be a couple as neither Miz or Lax is very warm and fuzzy.

Think i prefer the OG ship names like Dreamer or Stargazer.

by Anonymousreply 598February 13, 2019 12:59 PM

I liked the Alex/Kyle chemistry last night and being in that subterranean bedroom I was hoping they were going to jump each other’s bones. Why not make them all fluid and horny for each other.

by Anonymousreply 599February 14, 2019 12:01 AM

R599 I second the Alex/Kyle ship! End of thread!

by Anonymousreply 600February 14, 2019 12:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!