Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Andre Leon Talley teaching Houston how a professional cunt cunts

[quote]“The Glamour and Romance of Oscar de la Renta” will make its debut at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, this weekend — but we’re told its main curator, former Vogue editor-at-large André Leon Talley, made the exhibit a nightmare for staffers, demanding that nobody look him in the eye and even making one ­employee cry. “André is being a diva to everyone,” says one incensed source. “He has been at odds with curator Cindi Strauss, telling her what to do — while he rides around the entire museum in his motorized wheelchair. It got so bad he even made her cry . . . yes, CRY.”

[quote]The source continued, “He instructed the museum staff not to look him in the eyes. Even the people working alongside him . . . The funny thing was that most people at the museum had no clue who he was.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204August 19, 2019 9:30 PM

[quote]The funny thing was that most people at the museum had no clue who he was.

I guess a flamboyantly dressed fat black man woulnd't really stand out in Houston.

by Anonymousreply 1October 8, 2017 12:15 AM

she's entering her dotage

by Anonymousreply 2October 8, 2017 12:17 AM

Houston should be used to cunts.

by Anonymousreply 3October 8, 2017 12:17 AM

I seriously would have laughed in his face.

by Anonymousreply 4October 8, 2017 12:19 AM

Didn't he talk shit about Anna Wintour and her shitty behaviour to him and staff?

by Anonymousreply 5October 8, 2017 12:20 AM

I've always loved Maya Angelou.

by Anonymousreply 6October 8, 2017 12:20 AM

Couldn't they just tip her over and walk away laughing?

What could she do? Roll after them, screaming epithets?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 8, 2017 12:24 AM

Oh god I can picture it. Him in a scooter, caftan flowing in the wind behind him, barking orders.

by Anonymousreply 8October 8, 2017 12:26 AM

I love this bitch

by Anonymousreply 9October 8, 2017 12:27 AM

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 10October 8, 2017 12:30 AM

I don't know if I love ALT more or the fact that he drives some of you queens to distraction.

by Anonymousreply 11October 8, 2017 12:36 AM

[quote] in a scooter, caftan flowing in the wind behind him, barking orders.

Saint Andre de la Shantay, the Patron Saint of DL Prisspots!

by Anonymousreply 12October 8, 2017 12:37 AM

BONJOUR!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 8, 2017 12:39 AM

This thread has great visuals!

by Anonymousreply 14October 8, 2017 12:40 AM

Niiiice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 8, 2017 12:43 AM

Can you just imagine seeing that thing naked?

by Anonymousreply 16October 8, 2017 12:49 AM

I liked when Andy (that's what we call him back in the 'hood) was holding up 7-Elevens in Durham. His "never ID me" outfit was the start of his signature ensembles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 8, 2017 12:49 AM

I liked when Andy would take his caftan down to the beach to wash it. He always said the seawater made it softer on his skinses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 8, 2017 12:55 AM

W&W R17!!

But who is that really?! Wtf

by Anonymousreply 19October 8, 2017 12:55 AM

It is a good thing that his trailing caftans didn't get caught up in the machinery of his mobility scooter and lead to a inopportune death a al Isadora Duncan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 8, 2017 12:57 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 8, 2017 12:58 AM

[quote]while he rides around the entire museum in his motorized wheelchair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 8, 2017 12:59 AM

The Project Runway contestants should be required to make an outfit for her.

by Anonymousreply 23October 8, 2017 1:00 AM

Alright, I got my giggles reading these comments.

But I will always love Andre, mostly because he made during his ANTM cycle.

by Anonymousreply 24October 8, 2017 1:05 AM

Leaner, simpler times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 8, 2017 1:06 AM

The funny thing is that his "fashion" is hideous, ugly, oppressive and passive-aggressively foul.

He is an example of that stereotypical urban feature, the "crazy black guy who is asocial, fussy and talks to himself." They usually are grocery-store checkers or vital records clerks. Andy is the biggest one in the bunch, with his Asperger's lunacy being tolerated because everyone is reverse-racist enough to think that anyone who looks like that must have some kind of integrity.

Nope. He's nothing but a fat turd.

by Anonymousreply 26October 8, 2017 1:08 AM

What an entitled affected fool.

by Anonymousreply 27October 8, 2017 1:09 AM

Bitch actually used to be skinny!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 8, 2017 1:09 AM

Perhaps he has the Luther V curse!

Fat Luther was in happy in Lurv! Skinny Luther was alone and lonely.

by Anonymousreply 29October 8, 2017 1:11 AM

He;'s in the wheelchair because he's morbidly obese?

This is the best early Billy Eichner segment ever: Go to 2:40 .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 8, 2017 1:15 AM

He will still be more fabulous than you @R26

by Anonymousreply 31October 8, 2017 1:16 AM

Good gravy, r21 he’s like the bizarro world pope in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 33October 8, 2017 1:19 AM

Haha. I'd love to see his shenanigans. Is anyone filming? This could go viral. Curator... *giggle*

by Anonymousreply 34October 8, 2017 1:26 AM

Standing next to Oprah, ANYONE would look slim.

by Anonymousreply 35October 8, 2017 1:37 AM

Hi. R31 here. I firmbly believe that talking nonsense keep me close to my idle, Lady Talley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 8, 2017 1:41 AM

R20 - you gave me my new drag name!!

by Anonymousreply 37October 8, 2017 1:45 AM

Andy sits on Houston museum staffer who dared to look him in the eye (while Andy was cruising him).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 8, 2017 2:17 AM

Andy shows his true face while visiting Rice University campus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 8, 2017 2:19 AM

[quote] I liked when Andy (that's what we call him back in the 'hood) was holding up 7-Elevens in Durham. His "never ID me" outfit was the start of his signature ensembles.

[quote] I liked when Andy would take his caftan down to the beach to wash it. He always said the seawater made it softer on his skinses.

[quote] He is an example of that stereotypical urban feature, the "crazy black guy who is asocial, fussy and talks to himself." They usually are grocery-store checkers or vital records clerks. Andy is the biggest one in the bunch, with his Asperger's lunacy being tolerated because everyone is reverse-racist enough to think that anyone who looks like that must have some kind of integrity. Nope. He's nothing but a fat turd.

I have no doubt that anything that Andre says or does is definitely more clever and entertaining than your silly ramblings. Which are neither clever nor entertaining.

[quote] Blacks and Jews get a tiny amount of power and then become ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE CUNTS to work with or for. Their insecurity must be through the roof, because they are so grasping and nouveau once they obtain the slightest bit of prestige or influence. No class or sense of noblesse oblige at all. Flame me all you want, but I’m right.

And speaking of pretentious foolishness which you've so cleverly (not really) wrapped around your white supremacist bullshit. Any thread that includes even the mention of a black person automatically becomes race bait. Time to pull out the stupid generalizations and stereotypes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 8, 2017 2:21 AM

His article for Vogue about the Kardashian/West nuptials is a masterwork of subtle Shade. I can forgive him anything for that article alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 8, 2017 2:23 AM

He worked at Andy Warhol's factory. Are there many of them left? Brigid Berlin. is still alive, I guess, but nothing since Pie in the Sky.

by Anonymousreply 42October 8, 2017 2:24 AM

Why Andy switched from polyester.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 8, 2017 2:25 AM

This is a prime example of why none of us should take the 'red carpet' crowd or Pop Culture too seriously...they already do...a very strange crowd and indicative of the warped values America has embraced over the last 35 years or so. Fashion is fun, and has its place in art and culture and suppose this guy does too...just take him with a grain of salt and someone who takes himself WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. We have real problem with the White Trash Mob running/ruining this country. Just nod in his direction, shake your head in pity and move on...

by Anonymousreply 44October 8, 2017 2:29 AM

[quote] Blacks and Jews get a tiny amount of power and then become ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE CUNTS to work with or for. Their insecurity must be through the roof, because they are so grasping and nouveau once they obtain the slightest bit of prestige or influence. No class or sense of noblesse oblige at all. Flame me all you want, but I’m right.

That's right, we white men are too busy making America great to be nightmare cunts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 8, 2017 2:31 AM

Oh, look! A SJW twat has to tell us that dark humor, camp humor and shady riffing about a bloated asshole fool is AGAINST HER PRINCIPLES because she thinks that African Americans are like kennel puppies who have to be talked down to and praised for wee-weeing on the paper.

Fuck you, twat. This is not about empowerment. You're playing the old shame game against talking truth to power - in this case an insufferable case of ego. You can't STAND the thought of real equality. Sometimes calling a spade a spade is not about your idea of racism, fool.

Oh, and R40, we found your photo, you fatass phony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 8, 2017 2:31 AM

That Vogue article at R41 was certainly nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 47October 8, 2017 2:33 AM

Andy prepares to lower himself onto the commode for his weekly, with assistance from his staff of helpers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 8, 2017 2:35 AM

What Russell Simmons posted when Andy said he shouldn't have a seat at a fashion show because Simmons did a comedy bit on a Harriet Tubman sex tape, which O-ffended Miss Talley's exquisite sensibilities (tweets' language retained with some editing for tweet-ese readability).

Simmons to Talley:

[quote] FYI I've done more for blacks in fashion and gay rights than you. Can I get a break/ seat ? Where were you on marriage equality @ gay pride, don't ask dont' tell? Did you help change fed policy LAST WEEK on mandatory minimum sentencing? I earned my seat. Take off the fur coat and sit down.

In other words, it doesn't take a white gay man to note that Andy is a pompous phony.

by Anonymousreply 49October 8, 2017 2:44 AM

I'm obsessed with Lynn Wyatt. Apparently she's the reason this exhibit is coming to Houston.

by Anonymousreply 50October 8, 2017 2:48 AM

You like?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 8, 2017 2:52 AM

Pope-in-Waiting:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 8, 2017 2:52 AM

Andy's wonderful, sensitive support of black women:

[quote](Gabourey Sidibe) overheard former Vogue editor-at-large André Leon Talley calling her a “fat bitch” on the phone to “Precious” director Lee Daniels. “I’m putting that fat bitch right on the cover of Vogue. I love her. That black bitch WILL be on the cover!” Talley yelled.

Gabby was hurt, she said. But of course SJWs like R40 are very specific in what can and can't be said, and this was perfectly okay, we're sure.

by Anonymousreply 53October 8, 2017 2:53 AM

One of my faves of his ensembles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 8, 2017 3:00 AM

[quote] His article for Vogue about the Kardashian/West nuptials is a masterwork of subtle Shade

Too subtle for me. Perhaps I should have read more than a few paragraphs but it was unbearable. So I stick with fawning courtier feeding on scraps off the masters table.

by Anonymousreply 55October 8, 2017 3:19 AM

[quote] He worked at Andy Warhol's factory

What did he do there?

by Anonymousreply 56October 8, 2017 3:20 AM

He's a fat, ugly bully of a queen!

by Anonymousreply 57October 8, 2017 3:21 AM

R36 I was wondering what Rachel Jenteal was up to.

by Anonymousreply 58October 8, 2017 3:22 AM

JUst when I'm ready to quit you, DL- this!

❤️❤️❤️

by Anonymousreply 59October 8, 2017 3:24 AM

In the old days, DL was witty and biting and would have never gone to the easiest places (his race and his size) to crack jokes on him. Back in those days, DLers would slit your throat with something that you didn't see coming. Now, like the lazy American we've all become we take the path of least resistance. Shame.

by Anonymousreply 60October 8, 2017 3:29 AM

Andre Leon Talley is 6'7" and well over 400 pounds, so it's actually kind of "sassy" when he wears that red Rockefeller Christmas Tree skirt! It's his Bernice Clifton tribute and a fine way to reuse the fabric!

I've lived in NYC most of my life and can tell you there is a very noticeable population of entitled freaks here who figure if they are inexplicably nutty and awful long enough, people will believe they have some sort of authenticity, or importance. In fact they are always nothing but nasty fucking nightmares and soul-sucking cunts who are lucky to be employed anywhere, like ALT!

by Anonymousreply 61October 8, 2017 4:11 AM

[quote] André Leon Talley, made the exhibit a nightmare for staffers, demanding that nobody look him in the eye

Who in the hell would want to look at him in the eye? I would be so horrified at his body I wouldn't be able to do anything but look away in disgust.

And what's hilarious is that he and Anna Wintour are supposed to be this big fashion experts. They always look like shit. I can't believe Anna has the nerve to walk out of her house everyday. She is head to toe hideous. And for some insane reason she insists on wearing sleeveless or short sleeved dresses. Her arms look twice as old as Madonna's hands. Has Ms Wintour never seen a picture of herself?

by Anonymousreply 62October 8, 2017 5:44 AM

Wintour’s tacky slingbacks are always slipping off, and as she walks the backs fall down, so she crushes the “ sling” under her heel.

It looks so bad.

by Anonymousreply 63October 8, 2017 5:49 AM

There are MAYBE 1,000 people in this country who know this is and maybe 100 who give a shit. I've lived in NYC for year and never even bothered to learn more about this mess. Sad!

by Anonymousreply 64October 8, 2017 5:53 AM

He and tramp are neck and neck in the shithead race.

by Anonymousreply 65October 8, 2017 5:53 AM

"Editor-at-large"

To say the least

by Anonymousreply 66October 8, 2017 5:56 AM

Does his pussy stink.

by Anonymousreply 67October 8, 2017 6:00 AM

I would like to be working there just for the experience of this.

by Anonymousreply 68October 8, 2017 6:06 AM

Too bad his caftan doesn’t get caught in the spikes of his wheelchair and he could go out in diva glory with his Isadora Duncan moment. Silly fag.

by Anonymousreply 69October 8, 2017 6:08 AM

R60, we await your contribution to the hilarity.

by Anonymousreply 70October 8, 2017 6:12 AM

He's awfully uppity!

by Anonymousreply 71October 8, 2017 6:23 AM

I saw him naked backstage once - he looked like a mudslide!

by Anonymousreply 72October 8, 2017 6:29 AM

Yeah, R41. The shade in that article was so subtle it bordered on nonexistent. You're the reason people like this bulbous pimple are living the life they live.

by Anonymousreply 73October 8, 2017 6:53 AM

"Take him with a grain of salt."

Make that a barrel.

by Anonymousreply 74October 8, 2017 10:37 AM

Someone needs to tip that monstrous behemoth over in his mobility scooter. After they've slapped him viciously about the head and shoulders of course. And then, when he's on the ground look down upon him and say haughtily, "BITCH PLEASE"!

by Anonymousreply 75October 8, 2017 10:54 AM

R67 If he is truly 6'7, then he is at east 500 Lbs. I have seen many basic NFL lineman who are 350 at 6'2 and they don't look quite as massive as ALT.

I am surprised he hasn't gone the Ralphie May way. I hope he lives a long time, for he is a genuine character.

by Anonymousreply 76October 8, 2017 10:58 AM

Where was he during Harvey? Houston could have blocked the hole in Buffalo Dam with his fat ass.

by Anonymousreply 77October 8, 2017 10:59 AM

OK, I begs the question. Does this thing actually think wearing those tents actually hides the fact that he should be leading the opening parade at Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey Circus with at least 3 performers doing somersaults on his back?

by Anonymousreply 78October 8, 2017 11:04 AM

Honey, if ya got it, flaunt it!

by Anonymousreply 79October 8, 2017 11:07 AM

Yeah the fat jokes are getting pretty tiresome. Reach deeper for your shady insults, people!

Current skill level: 1980's standup comic

I think we can do better.

by Anonymousreply 80October 8, 2017 12:10 PM

He's not black. He's anthracite gray.

by Anonymousreply 81October 8, 2017 12:13 PM

R81 made me giggle.

Maybe it’s because I’m old and unimpressed anymore, but I can’t imagine ALT making me cry. He could piss me off, but CRY? I dunno.

Although I always fail the “try not to laugh” YouTube challenges my kids watch.

by Anonymousreply 82October 8, 2017 12:25 PM

"I think we can do better."

Lead the way, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 83October 8, 2017 12:27 PM

I have, cunt! There's some real gems on this thread that aren't jokes about his weight. Did I offend you when you were about to post another "humorous" picture of something large and claim it's ALT?

by Anonymousreply 84October 8, 2017 12:40 PM

Is he talented enough to have attained the status he has? I doubt it. His columns in Vogue were always deeply mediocre: no great insights or breadth of mind -- just an endless spewing of comparisons.

by Anonymousreply 85October 8, 2017 12:54 PM

He reminds me of the 'special needs' person who gets taken on in an office and then remains the last man standing after retrenchments -- not because the deserve it, but because no one has had the guts to call the bluff.

by Anonymousreply 86October 8, 2017 1:13 PM

He was just mad because to get him to Houston they lied and said he was going to be starring in an extra special episode of "My 600-lb Life" with Dr. Now.

by Anonymousreply 87October 8, 2017 1:38 PM

How did he even fly to Houston??? Seriously how does a 6'7" 400 lb man fit in any airplane seat?

by Anonymousreply 88October 8, 2017 2:00 PM

A lot of useless twats here acting like they've paid to be entertained. "Be funnier!" "Enough of the fat jokes!"

Fat-ass twats, millennials and "how dare you!" with nothing to contribute to the fact that his being in Houston pulled Dallas 20 feet closer to the Gulf from the gravitational pull.

by Anonymousreply 89October 8, 2017 2:05 PM

[quote]How did he even fly to Houston???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 8, 2017 2:12 PM

Yeah, it's a TMZ story, but it's worth it to see what kind of person this pig is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 8, 2017 2:13 PM

[quote] It's his Bernice Clifton tribute

OMG! I just peed a little laughing. Fabulous, R61!

by Anonymousreply 92October 8, 2017 2:13 PM

R43 😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 93October 8, 2017 2:14 PM

I know the staff at Georgia Tent and Awning if Andre needs help.

by Anonymousreply 94October 8, 2017 2:15 PM

Have they ever been seen in the same place or, could it be.............

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95October 8, 2017 2:21 PM

Going back to Cecil Beaton this crowd was always pretentious, always began to feel resentment for having to constantly project this OTT, big personality or else they weren't welcome, always desperate for money, always catty. I bet Talley is ten times more impossible because he's in Houston. I think part of him thinks he has to amp it up and make himself memorable for Houston - put on a show - and another part of him is mortified that he has to go outside NY, Paris, London, Tokyo, etc. to make money.

by Anonymousreply 96October 8, 2017 2:24 PM

Anyone know who guy is who's interviewing him here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97October 8, 2017 2:26 PM

No queen like an African queen.

by Anonymousreply 98October 8, 2017 2:32 PM

They say that he bullied Jennifer Hudson into wearing that stupid bolero jacket to the Oscars...and she got dragged - I think she was on several worst dressed lists.

by Anonymousreply 99October 8, 2017 3:12 PM

Personally I don't trust anybody who WON'T look me in the eye.

by Anonymousreply 100October 8, 2017 3:27 PM

I still don't get what he does or what he's famous for exactly.

by Anonymousreply 101October 8, 2017 3:29 PM

Man these jokes are lame. He's fat! He's black! Who is posting on DL now Shecky Greene? Where is the biting commentary?

by Anonymousreply 102October 8, 2017 3:40 PM

Yes, R102, you useless turd. Where is it, you passive turd?

by Anonymousreply 103October 8, 2017 3:58 PM

Bonjour!

by Anonymousreply 104October 8, 2017 4:30 PM

The most damning fact that can be said about this tasteless, self-praising, worthless charlatan in terms of fashion is that the emperor has no clothes

that fit.

by Anonymousreply 105October 8, 2017 4:37 PM

Apparently Anna Wintour cannot stand him--she has no patience for fat people.

by Anonymousreply 106October 8, 2017 4:40 PM

Exactly, R96, the diva antics are part of ALT's brand. It's what people expect. Did you read Grace Jones' autobio? She devotes an entire chapter as to why she is always late for everything. To show up on time wouldn't go with the public's perception of Grace Jones.

by Anonymousreply 107October 8, 2017 4:42 PM

He must be a very insecure and unhappy soul

by Anonymousreply 108October 8, 2017 4:45 PM

People like this ass clown and that cunt Wintour? Do they have any self awareness? Do they have any fucking clue that all they do is play a childish game of dress up, a game that changes from one year to the next?

It's not like these assholes are attempting, on any level, to better humanity. Hell, most of the shit these people are hawking at thousands of dollars cost is made in the most horrible sweat shops in Bangladesh for pennies. For that alone, they ought to be shot.

by Anonymousreply 109October 8, 2017 4:49 PM

If Anna W can't stand him, why doesn't she fire him?

by Anonymousreply 110October 8, 2017 4:50 PM

[quote]Why do you keep talking about fat? Why do you keep talking about fat? Why do you keep talking about fat? Why do you keep talking about fat? Why do you keep talking about fat? Why do you keep talking about fat? Why do you keep talking about fat? Why do you keep talking about fat?

Gosh, assholes. I don't know. Maybe it's because

HE SO FUCKING FAT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111October 8, 2017 5:07 PM

Comparing this self-aggrandizing clown to Grace Jones is ridiculous.

People expect Grace to be Grace. People are appalled at being forced to expect Andy to act like a cunt, but their issues with race and the perception of status prevent them from rolling him off his electro-wagon and into the street.

by Anonymousreply 112October 8, 2017 5:10 PM

Oh, Look!

Andy's finally arrived late because that's what the divas do!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113October 8, 2017 5:12 PM

Even if you wanted to look him in the eye how do you find it?

by Anonymousreply 114October 8, 2017 5:15 PM

Does he realize how many caftans had to die just to cover him up?

by Anonymousreply 115October 8, 2017 5:16 PM

There is so much disrespect here. For example, why do you keep calling him Andy?

by Anonymousreply 116October 8, 2017 5:17 PM

Because "Amos" just don' fit him, Kingfish.

by Anonymousreply 117October 8, 2017 5:18 PM

[quote] If Anna W can't stand him, why doesn't she fire him?

Because he's too politically useful for her to fire. He's both black and fat, and Vogue is always perceived as anti-black and anti-fat. He's basically a twofer.

by Anonymousreply 118October 8, 2017 5:21 PM

R108 here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119October 8, 2017 5:22 PM

You may not know it and he's tried to cover it up, but the truth is that Andy's real last name was Talleywacker, but he shortened it because no one believe his arms were long enough to get past his gunt and fulfill the claim in the name.

by Anonymousreply 120October 8, 2017 8:17 PM

The nastiness here is unacceptable. The man is enormous in the fields of fashion and fine arts.

Why, I heard Christo say that he and his wife are coming out of retirement to do an installation with him. "We feel like our previous work has led us to this great challenge."

So there.

by Anonymousreply 121October 8, 2017 8:23 PM

"The man is enormous in the fields of fashion and fine arts."

The man is enormous, period.

by Anonymousreply 122October 8, 2017 8:26 PM

Can someone please explain to me what the "thing" is about not wanting others to look at him in the eyes?

I've read this about others as well, and I've never understood it.

by Anonymousreply 123October 8, 2017 8:29 PM

As funny as these comments are, it’s the talentless Wintour crone I truly despise. Does her pussy stink? Probably of moldy anchovies and rancid brocoli rabe and stale Chanel.

by Anonymousreply 124October 8, 2017 9:11 PM

LOL R122

by Anonymousreply 125October 8, 2017 9:29 PM

DOesnt Bar live in Houston. She must be in the museum crowd. Has ALT met her? I'm sure he curtsied to the cuntiest cunt that ever cunted.

by Anonymousreply 126October 8, 2017 9:42 PM

R126, none of the Bushes are donors to the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. I checked their donor lists.

R123, these celebutards imagine they are being stared at and start attempting to control the effrontery of mere staff making them feel put upon or uncomfortable. In Andy's case, however, it's a matter of preening self-regard and his idea of diva behavior appropriate to the situation.

He has twice worked in St. Louis recently and apparently made no such demands. Likely it has to do with trying to put down the white people in Houston who he wants to shame, as opposed to the black people in St. Louis with whom he worked who he wanted to "uplift" as God's gift to poor African Americans in fashion and the arts.

He's a total crap cascade.

by Anonymousreply 127October 8, 2017 10:12 PM

Go for it, R80.

by Anonymousreply 128October 8, 2017 10:41 PM

R80 is so stupid she thinks that "1980's standup" is an insult.

Useless twat. I hope her cancer spreads.

How's that for 2017 humor, you bloated cunt?

by Anonymousreply 129October 9, 2017 1:03 AM

R129 - such a winner. In life, in love, in everything!

by Anonymousreply 130October 9, 2017 9:33 AM

R123, people who don't want others to look them in the eye are people who are socially retarded and looking someone in the eye terrifies them. I've been told by someone in the business it's the very reason many celebrities wear dark sunglasses all the time. They are too intimidated by others to look them in the eye.

by Anonymousreply 131October 9, 2017 9:46 AM

R127, it sounds like he is actually intimidated by powerful or talented white people.

by Anonymousreply 132October 9, 2017 9:48 AM

From his Wikipedia page. Apparently it didn't take. I don't remember him every looking any different than he does now.

[quote] In the mid-2000s, an intervention was initiated by Anna Wintour to get Talley to lose weight. As seen on The Oprah Winfrey Show, he eventually lost a great deal of weight, and was eating more healthily.

by Anonymousreply 133October 9, 2017 9:52 AM

"Eating more healthily"

Chicken fried in veg oil, not lard

Cheeseburgers from free-range cattle

Crullers sweetened with organic honey

by Anonymousreply 134October 9, 2017 9:58 AM

Yaaaaaazzzzzzz. Kween. U betta Serve.

by Anonymousreply 135October 9, 2017 2:49 PM

R130 here, so poised, so refined, such a DL contributor.

You can smell the ham wafting proudly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136October 9, 2017 2:55 PM

Now, now. You know R130 also is the cunt playing hall monitor here and posting all the "quit calling him fat" posts, while thinking it's okay to go after his skin color. Obviously this poster is very sensitive about her own weight.

For good reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137October 9, 2017 3:00 PM

Hilarious. Just the thought of that self important behemoth ambling about in his motorized wheelchair giving cunty orders is laugh inducing.

by Anonymousreply 138October 9, 2017 3:23 PM

I never understood the "don't look me in the eye" thing until I lived in Japan. People stared at me all the time. They don't even realize they are staring and they don't mean to be rude, but it gets to you after a while. Sunglasses made me feel better.

I think that famous people go through something similar to that. Sometimes you just want to be anonymous and blend in with others. Obviously that is not what is going on here. Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 139October 9, 2017 3:28 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140October 9, 2017 3:36 PM

Christo and his wife are coming out of retirement to work with André?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141October 9, 2017 4:07 PM

What's behind the massive weight? Sure, he's older so there's weight gain, but he's been big or a long time. If he was just "normal" overweight, it would be understandable. But, the black Hindenburg thing has to have a bigger cause. Is he a total glutton? If so, why?

by Anonymousreply 142October 9, 2017 4:39 PM

There is no way I would ever do that "no eye contact" bullshit for ANYBODY. What a freak.

I am on movie and TV sets all the time and the truly famous/talented people NEVER act like that. I hope someone put this asshole in his place.

by Anonymousreply 143October 9, 2017 4:44 PM

The cuntessence of DL! 🤣

by Anonymousreply 144October 9, 2017 4:52 PM

Fuck you, R143. I've known some VERY famous people and they NEVER gave me eye contact.

Take that uppity bitch Helen Keller, for example....

by Anonymousreply 145October 9, 2017 5:51 PM

Does he think yards of flowing taffeta somehow make him look more svelte? If anything it exaggerates his size in addition to looking clownish. I don't get it. Maybe he thinks it makes him look regal in a medieval european way?

by Anonymousreply 146October 9, 2017 5:53 PM

How else can we discuss his weight? Has anyone considered comparing him to various planets and astral bodies yet?

by Anonymousreply 147October 9, 2017 6:04 PM

I doubt it's any of that, R146. I bet he knows that because of his weight he's never going to look super fashionable or really just good. But, he's in the fashion world, so he wants to make an impression, and the only way to get attention at that size is to go full on over-the-top. I would imagine he knows it looks crazy and is under no impression that it makes him look slimmer or regal.

by Anonymousreply 148October 9, 2017 6:06 PM

She's a fat chick and will be dead soon because of it. Who cares!

by Anonymousreply 149October 9, 2017 6:08 PM

[quote]He instructed the museum staff not to look him in the eyes.

Considering his size, it does not seem as if it would be difficult to comply.

by Anonymousreply 150October 9, 2017 6:09 PM

"I hope someone put this asshole in his place."

Same goes for his cuntly friend, Anna Wintour.

Who the fuck do these people think they are? You're a rag designer. Get over yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 151October 9, 2017 6:16 PM

And Stevie Wonder,

and Ray Charles,

and that boring asshole, Andrea Bocelli,

and that cunt Dianne Schuur,

and that has-been yelper Jose Feliciano,

and that ancient country fool, Ronnie Milsap.

NOT ONE of those fuckers would EVER look people in the eye. So don't shit on Andy. You're just jealous that he can afford satin by the yard. Naval yard, that is.

by Anonymousreply 152October 9, 2017 6:31 PM

Who wore it best?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153October 9, 2017 6:34 PM

He's not even a "rag designer", R151, just a commentator. I'd respect him more if he at least had that skill.

by Anonymousreply 154October 9, 2017 7:23 PM

You know, that'd be a great plot for a murder mystery. Or rather, just a mystery. A down-on-his-luck fashion designer decides to kill the woman who snubbed his line and destroyed him: Anna Wintour! After a series of hilarious hijinx, he ends up kidnapping her and keeping her in his basement.

Actually that's the plot of "Ruthless People". Nevermind.

by Anonymousreply 155October 9, 2017 8:25 PM

"What's behind the massive weight? "

R142, he swallows his tricks.

by Anonymousreply 156October 9, 2017 10:47 PM

He is hilarious when he is on Sirius, especially with Andy and Sandy.

by Anonymousreply 157October 9, 2017 10:50 PM

Id love to put Andre and Aretha in a room together to see who ends up walking out alive.

by Anonymousreply 158October 9, 2017 10:53 PM

R153, What state is she representing.?

by Anonymousreply 159October 9, 2017 11:29 PM

r148, you're wrong. His mumus DO make him look regal. I like the look and hope if I ever get fat I can pull it off as well.

by Anonymousreply 160October 10, 2017 12:41 AM

R160, I wasn't going to mention anything, but a muumuu wouldn't be amiss right now...

by Anonymousreply 161October 10, 2017 12:45 AM

IF you ever get fat, R160?

Bwaaaa haaaa haa haaaaaaaaaaa!

THIS is how a queen of size and color shows her regal self.

That larded clown Andy looks like someone who doesn't care and doesn't know and doesn't get it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162October 10, 2017 12:46 AM

Whereas this is how R160 looks as she waits to get fat, and what she thinks "regal" looks like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163October 10, 2017 12:52 AM

R154, he's not a "commentator."

He's a common tater.

by Anonymousreply 164October 10, 2017 12:52 AM

If Andy had gone the Michael Jackson route instead of embracing his heritage....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165October 10, 2017 12:56 AM

LOL R163

by Anonymousreply 166October 10, 2017 12:59 AM

JUICY!

Even though there were multiple buckets of fried chicken, finger sandwiches, parfaits and sweet iced tea, the one thing I didn’t see Talley do much in Savannah was eat. When there were group meals, he sometimes chose to remain in his cottage gnawing on a cheese wheel. At one point, he mentioned offhandedly that he will eat half the refrigerator in the middle of the night, sobbing when the food runs out. We gingerly broached the topic of his gargantuan weight gain in recent years. He is carrying more than the 455 pounds he had in 2004—“Of course,” he says, “yes, yes”—when Wintour organized an intervention with Oscar de la Renta, which failed. But eventually he enrolled in a fitness program at Duke University, bringing his weight down to 395 and appearing as a success story on Oprah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167October 10, 2017 1:11 AM

Andre the Giant.

by Anonymousreply 168October 10, 2017 1:18 AM

Andy IS regal.

At his size no one would think to question his referring to himself with the royal "we."

by Anonymousreply 169October 10, 2017 1:18 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170October 10, 2017 1:22 AM

Now THAT is a lot of Queen.

by Anonymousreply 171October 10, 2017 1:24 AM

We'd be nicer to him if he weren't such a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 172October 10, 2017 1:34 AM

I have heard that Anna Wintour now will not speak his name.

She just refers to him as "the other dark continent."

Occasionally she adds, "Well, continent for the time being, anyway."

by Anonymousreply 173October 10, 2017 1:43 AM

When asked where they think he got his master's in French Studies, many people automatically get it right, for some reason, and say, "Brown."

But even more blurt out, "Prince Ton."

by Anonymousreply 174October 10, 2017 1:46 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175October 10, 2017 1:54 AM

Didn't claim that his last name was shortened from Talleyrand?

But Anna Wintour mumbled so everyone but he could her it, "More like Talleyrand McNally."

by Anonymousreply 176October 10, 2017 2:00 AM

R175, whoddat?

by Anonymousreply 177October 10, 2017 2:07 AM

Did you hear about the time Anna Wintour had to inform him that "Tarp is not a colour"?

by Anonymousreply 178October 10, 2017 2:24 AM

Well just wait , let the metabolic syndrome take its course.. Along with the diabetes and cardiovascular issues , and morbid obesity things are not looking rosey

by Anonymousreply 179October 10, 2017 2:45 AM

[quote] I think we can do better.

God knows we're paid only to amuse you!

by Anonymousreply 180October 10, 2017 2:47 AM

It's kind of funny how one comment annoyed a specific group of people. I presume it is the same group posting endless fat jokes.

by Anonymousreply 181October 10, 2017 2:49 AM

Oh, my. R181 (etc.) does love her straw-man arguments, doesn't she?

As for annoyance, a "specific group," "same group posting," and such nonsense, she shows she's just a twat using the old lazy tactics without a thought.

Too bad there's really nothing to say about the thread topic, except such a self-centered, name-dropping, dishonest, asocial, dull monstrosity offers a fine target for fat jokes. Simple as that. At least Madame Talley is worth that much. Unlike R161, the silly cow. Although we see she does enjoy laughing at a father who killed his child, so we know where her fine taste is.

by Anonymousreply 182October 10, 2017 3:17 AM

Well, there's not much to say about Andy except when he sits around the House of Chanel, HE SITS AROUND THE HOUSE OF CHANEL.

by Anonymousreply 183October 10, 2017 3:21 AM

Andy, we he goes clubbing .......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184October 10, 2017 3:35 AM

Andy at a Weight Watchers meeting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 10, 2017 3:41 AM

Andy at home relaxing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186October 10, 2017 3:56 AM

"Well just wait , let the metabolic syndrome take its course.. Along with the diabetes and cardiovascular issues , and morbid obesity things are not looking rosey"

He's amazingly already to 67; pretty good all things considered.

by Anonymousreply 187October 10, 2017 5:03 AM

r182 you seem really triggered.

by Anonymousreply 188October 10, 2017 5:43 PM

Andy cutting the rug at Club 2020 with Oprah !!!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189October 14, 2017 1:21 AM

Holy Fuck. I've heard of bitch tits, but I have never seen anything like R189.

FWIW I love ALT. He is a genuine institution. He will be remembered when most of us are long gone.

I heard when he went to Duke Anna paid the bill. Did anyone else hear that?

by Anonymousreply 190October 14, 2017 5:45 AM

Will someone explain to me what this stars demanding people not look them in the eye is about? I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 191October 14, 2017 5:48 AM

Think about it R191: when someone makes eye contact with you in real life, you feel obliged to smile or react in some way in order to appear friendly or just pleasant. Famous people don't want to have tp do that all day long with every stranger they come into contact with.

It is no that they don't want you to look at THEM. They don't want to have to acknowledge YOU in any way.

by Anonymousreply 192October 15, 2017 9:36 AM

R192 these are people Andy is working with on a museum exhibit , not some tiresome commoner from the steets of Houston as depicted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193October 15, 2017 9:00 PM

I'm glad he gets to the beach once in a while.

Can you imagine the amount of Vitamin D his skin can take in? How lucky for his health.

by Anonymousreply 194October 15, 2017 10:04 PM

R193 Point taken, but my post was in answer to the question, "What is it with stars not wanting others to make eye contact with them?"

I wasn't specifically talking about ALT per se. For all I know he may have some sort of wonky eye or other facial tic which makes it difficult for him to engage eye to eye with others.

by Anonymousreply 195October 15, 2017 11:57 PM

Yeah, right, r195.

by Anonymousreply 196October 15, 2017 11:59 PM

What's his story? It seems like he's sanitized the internet of stories about his background and upbringing. How did he get his start in fashion?

by Anonymousreply 197October 16, 2017 12:36 AM

Fat ugly gargoyle of a man!

by Anonymousreply 198October 16, 2017 2:54 AM

He doesn't have sex with anyone because no one wants to have sex with him. He is a fringe dweller. Diana Vreeland chose him as a "pet"? He is sexless and uses that "I'm above it all" attitude to cover the fact that no one finds him attractive.

by Anonymousreply 199October 16, 2017 9:41 AM

What did he actually do at Interview Magazine and how long did he work there?

by Anonymousreply 200August 19, 2019 8:43 PM

Some of you people are really juvenile. He's fat, we get it.

by Anonymousreply 201August 19, 2019 8:51 PM

[quote] The funny thing was that most people at the museum had no clue who he was.”

That's always exactly the real point of demanding people not look at you, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 202August 19, 2019 9:28 PM

"—it can get tiresome after the thrill of fame wears off"

The poor dears!

by Anonymousreply 203August 19, 2019 9:29 PM

[quote] “André is being a diva to everyone,” says one incensed source. “He has been at odds with curator Cindi Strauss, telling her what to do — while he rides around the entire museum in his motorized wheelchair.

This is the best detail in the whole story.

by Anonymousreply 204August 19, 2019 9:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!