Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Law and Order: SVU Season 19

The show is so terrible but I can't turn away. I've watched since the beginning, and feel I have to watch until it finally dies.

Anyone else going to be tuning in tonight?

by Anonymousreply 173March 5, 2018 10:00 PM

Agreed. It's complete trash and actually make me generally more unhappy whenever I'm watching a season and I can't stop

by Anonymousreply 1September 27, 2017 3:28 PM

It is trash, isn't it?! The worst acting ever, worst stories ever...it's just god awful, yet, I can't stop watching. I don't really pay attention to the story, but it's on in the background.

Rumor has it that there's going to be some drama surrounding Benson's kid involving Brooke Shield's character somehow.

by Anonymousreply 2September 27, 2017 3:30 PM

Why do they think we want to hear about their personal lives?

I can’t watch anymore, it’s dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 3September 27, 2017 3:53 PM

Yeah, it gets worse each season but I'll be watching. It's the last of the L&Os except for that new one based on real stories and I don't count it as being a "real" L&O. I don't have to much loyalty to anything but I'll stay with the poor little pitiful thing to the end.

by Anonymousreply 4September 27, 2017 4:52 PM

Oh god, it looks awful already.

by Anonymousreply 5September 28, 2017 1:05 AM

I like it too

by Anonymousreply 6September 28, 2017 1:11 AM

Watching it now because I couldn't help myself! I have grown to hate Benson so much-- sanctimonious, imperious bitch. And I hate that stupid kid Noah! In the first scene he almost got hit by a car (too bad Olivia snatched away from danger!) Not interested in her personal life at all. Boy, this show has really gone downhill...starting about 10 years ago!

by Anonymousreply 7September 28, 2017 1:15 AM

It's just sooooo bad. I hate Benson, she's a self righteous bitch. Can't stand her. Too bad her and Noah didn't get nailed by the car.

by Anonymousreply 8September 28, 2017 1:17 AM

They need to bring back the regular Law & Order and cancel this garbage.

by Anonymousreply 9September 28, 2017 1:19 AM

^^ I agree! Sick of SVU AND especially Benson (though the actor who plays Carisi is adorable).

by Anonymousreply 10September 28, 2017 1:21 AM

I hope that's what they're going for, R9. They're bringing in a new lawyer this season.

by Anonymousreply 11September 28, 2017 1:22 AM

Uh oh-- Noah told someone at school that Olivia gave him bruises. CALL DCF!!!! Open DCF file coming soon for Benson...

by Anonymousreply 12September 28, 2017 1:22 AM

lmao, take him away.

by Anonymousreply 13September 28, 2017 1:23 AM

You answer the questions this time, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 14September 28, 2017 1:25 AM

Ha ha ha [R14]! Now the case is fucked because it looks like Finn may have kidnapped the guy from Havana. And what was with that stupid yellow tint to signify "Caribbean"? Can this show get any WORSE?!

by Anonymousreply 15September 28, 2017 1:27 AM

I know, R15!!! OMG, so weak.

by Anonymousreply 16September 28, 2017 1:29 AM

So, what has it morphed into? CSI: Miami? NCIS?

by Anonymousreply 17September 28, 2017 1:29 AM

It's the MH agenda hour, R17. That being, MH is a STAR!!!

by Anonymousreply 18September 28, 2017 1:31 AM

Olivia wears glasses to look smart, then takes them off when she makes a big pronouncement. Ugh! Everyone on this show is a worse actor than they used to be. "Now, I need to go home and teach my son that lying is a bad thing," says Olivia. Perhaps she plans to beat this into him LOL! Every few seasons or so Noah's look change so much that it is inconceivable he is supposed to be the same child. As a two year old he was the fugliest kid on TV; now he is some redhead with a pert nose. WHAT?!?

by Anonymousreply 19September 28, 2017 1:33 AM

So, Olivia has become Horatio Caine!

by Anonymousreply 20September 28, 2017 1:34 AM

They're all just terrible actors. Did you see that scene with Noah's teacher? Could Mariska have over emoted any more?

by Anonymousreply 21September 28, 2017 1:34 AM

Even poor Raul's acting is getting worse and worse. dumbing down I guess.

by Anonymousreply 22September 28, 2017 1:35 AM

[R21] Mariska is a terrible over-actor. But at the end of the scene the teacher gave a really weird, sly look like "Hmmmmm?" just terrible-- yet I am still watching!

by Anonymousreply 23September 28, 2017 1:36 AM

I'm not watching (the partner 's watching something else) and I haven't really checked it out in a couple of years but what I'm reading here sounds so deliciously awful that I may need to watch it in time delay.

by Anonymousreply 24September 28, 2017 1:37 AM

I know.............I can't stop watching. Why? Why?

by Anonymousreply 25September 28, 2017 1:37 AM

The only redeeming quality is Johnny Sack as the judge but he doesn’t have enough screen time.

by Anonymousreply 26September 28, 2017 1:38 AM

Maybe because it is unbelievable how far the show has fallen... how much it has become a showcase for Bitch Benson... a desperate hope among viewers that it might return to its former glory? LOL on that last one! Like watching a car wreck...

by Anonymousreply 27September 28, 2017 1:39 AM

Jesus christ, you'd think Mariska would know how to act by now.

by Anonymousreply 28September 28, 2017 1:42 AM

At this point, I am so busy posting on DL and playing solitaire that I have no clue what is going on in the show! Help!

by Anonymousreply 29September 28, 2017 1:42 AM

Well, R29....

Benson, "blah, blah, blah, blah....Noah..."

by Anonymousreply 30September 28, 2017 1:43 AM

[R29] Thank you-- that definitely cleared things up for me! Ha ha

by Anonymousreply 31September 28, 2017 1:46 AM

This makes a whole lotta sense?

by Anonymousreply 32September 28, 2017 1:48 AM

I love when Benson thinks she is a licensed psychologist: "That's gonna feel good for maybe a day, maybe a week" blah blah blah... Also, there are SO many commercials it is virtually unwatchable!

by Anonymousreply 33September 28, 2017 1:49 AM

They really need to kill Benson.

by Anonymousreply 34September 28, 2017 1:50 AM

^^ Yes, and they should have killed Stabler at the end too! Oops, Olivia just said "I asked her to point a loaded gun at me. I have a kid! What was I thinking?" Aside from this, Benson is THE worst mother-- Noah should call DCF!

by Anonymousreply 35September 28, 2017 1:53 AM

Noah should ask to be placed back into foster care.

by Anonymousreply 36September 28, 2017 1:55 AM

Mariska was so good, but this many years later she's just painful to watch.

by Anonymousreply 37September 28, 2017 1:56 AM

Cassidy!!! lol.

by Anonymousreply 38September 28, 2017 1:58 AM

Well, that sure sucked.

by Anonymousreply 39September 28, 2017 2:00 AM

Saccharine almost-ending scene with Benson and son. Then her ex shows up! OMG! Because she is just SO irresistible! But she doesn't invite him in, probably because she is in the running for Mother of the Year. Yet he stands at the door talking to her and she doesn't invite him in.

Oh my god: the kicker is he tells her he has come out of retirement and is working for the DA's office and that THEY ARE INVESTIGATING HER! Hopefully for self-righteousness and bad acting!!! Now I know I have to watch next wait-- kill me!

by Anonymousreply 40September 28, 2017 2:01 AM

Stupidest plot ever. EVER.

by Anonymousreply 41September 28, 2017 2:03 AM

[R41] Agreed; one of the worst ever.

by Anonymousreply 42September 28, 2017 2:04 AM

Bring back Law & Order.

by Anonymousreply 43September 28, 2017 3:24 AM

Anyone tuning in tonight?

by Anonymousreply 44October 5, 2017 12:49 AM

I used to like watching because it was so mindless that I could tune in while doing work and still enjoy scenes with adorable Peter Scanavino and smirky Raul Esparza, who I love. But when they bring in these terrible draggy plotlines about Benson's personal life it's just excruciating. It's kind of offensive because it's like, oh, a woman has to have a family or boyfriend outside of work, I guess? And the stories have gotten so that they're more holes than cheese.

Remember when Jefferson Mays played Carl Rudnick as a camp Robert Durst and went on a roadtrip with Peter Scanavino and the blonde detective? The peak of late Law & Order SVU. I miss those days.

by Anonymousreply 45October 5, 2017 12:58 AM

I think Brooke Shields is in tonight's episode.

by Anonymousreply 46October 5, 2017 1:00 AM

Can't wait to see how MH butchers acting tonight.

by Anonymousreply 47October 5, 2017 1:01 AM

Meh, more Benson drama.

by Anonymousreply 48October 5, 2017 1:10 AM

I can't stop watching it. It's a sickness.

by Anonymousreply 49October 5, 2017 1:14 AM

Then I'm very ill, R49.

by Anonymousreply 50October 5, 2017 1:16 AM

Cringing as I type this.

by Anonymousreply 51October 5, 2017 2:11 AM

Jennifer Beals joins the cast this year in a "recurring" role with a "connection" to Olivia.

What could that connection be?

by Anonymousreply 52October 5, 2017 2:13 AM

Watched the latest episode this past week. Have decided I truly hate Hargitay and her character-- Benson is the WORST mother ever! And she is so self-righteous, about everything. Plus, Hargitay's face looks really rough and old. They exchanged the original fugly Noah for a kid who is actually cute-- they look totally unrelated! Have come to hate this show and find myself talking back to the TV! NOT a good sign for future viewing!! Think I am finally DONE.

by Anonymousreply 53October 7, 2017 11:27 PM

I started watching again because they are bringing in that hot guy from Wolf's cancelled 'Chicago Justice'.

Scanavino is cute, otherwise it is pretty terrible. Mariska is a one-note actress.

by Anonymousreply 54October 8, 2017 12:21 AM

[R52] Jennifer Beals or Brooke Shields?

by Anonymousreply 55October 8, 2017 12:38 AM

Things that would make SVU better: Scanavino's character is gay and gets hot and heavy (preferably mostly naked) with another guy... the writers finally understand that what they are producing is camp and roll with it... shit stops happening to Benson because no one cares... Munch comes back... Ice-T and Munch settle into a happy committed homo relationship and adopt babies... someone writes a scene for Raul Esparza that he can't sleepwalk through

by Anonymousreply 56October 8, 2017 12:54 AM

I think Brooke is on tonight.

by Anonymousreply 57October 12, 2017 12:50 AM

I like this show. Still has legs. Managed to continue fine on Its own even when Meloni left.

by Anonymousreply 58October 12, 2017 1:07 AM

Yay!! Take the kid away from her!! lol

by Anonymousreply 59October 12, 2017 1:29 AM

Brooke is Noah's grandmother!

by Anonymousreply 60October 14, 2017 3:38 AM

It's always been terrible. Can't believe it's been on NINETEEN years...

by Anonymousreply 61October 14, 2017 3:40 AM

I gave up on the show with the season following [italic]Law & Order: Special Victims Unit[/italic] having written out Danny Pino.

At other sites, where people discuss series more frequently than does Datalounge, what was offered up was that [italic]L&O: SVU[/italic] wrote out Pino because of budget limitations imposed by NBC on the series being one that is old. So, a cast member had to be dropped. Kelly Giddish's character is more a hot mess; so, there was more to write for Amanda than there was for Nick.

by Anonymousreply 62October 14, 2017 3:42 AM

I like Scanavino more than Pino. Seeing Danny Pino always made me wish Cold Case hadn't been canceled. I liked that show more than any damned L&O. Scanavino just makes me want to watch Scanavino.

Like everyone else on Earth, I am sofuckingsick of Olivia's home life, though at least the new Noah is a normal-looking boy.

by Anonymousreply 63October 14, 2017 3:52 AM

Isn't Meloni coming back at the end?

I'm looking forward to all the fun with Brooke Shields. That last episode is the first I've seen in years, aside from reruns.

by Anonymousreply 64October 14, 2017 3:55 AM

Meloni would be smart to stay as far away from this mess as possible. Though actually it jumped the shark several years before he left.

by Anonymousreply 65October 14, 2017 3:26 PM

I miss the old days...and this guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 14, 2017 4:41 PM

The episode where SVU jumped the shark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67October 14, 2017 4:44 PM

R66, it says that's Christopher Meloni, but I can't see it (not [italic]literally [/italic] "can't see it," but that pic doesn't look like him).

by Anonymousreply 68October 14, 2017 5:58 PM

Mariska is one of the biggest hypocrites around.

by Anonymousreply 69October 14, 2017 6:06 PM

How, R69?

by Anonymousreply 70October 14, 2017 6:08 PM

R68, that's actor Mike Doyle who played one of the forensics guys for about 10 years on the show. It was a featured recurring role and not a big part by any means but I loved it whenever he made an appearance. Incredibly handsome guy and openly gay.

by Anonymousreply 71October 14, 2017 7:18 PM

Thanks, R71. I knew he looked familiar, but I was sure he wasn't Meloni.

by Anonymousreply 72October 14, 2017 7:19 PM

Kinda makes me wish Jayne had kept the kids in the front.

by Anonymousreply 73October 14, 2017 7:27 PM

Jayne?

by Anonymousreply 74October 14, 2017 7:42 PM

R73...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 14, 2017 7:43 PM

What happened to Alex Cabot?

by Anonymousreply 76October 14, 2017 7:49 PM

Peter Hermann looked so old in the last episode. Who's he seeing?

by Anonymousreply 77October 14, 2017 7:52 PM

As a young lesbian Mariska was it for me so sexy as Benson in her long leather coats. Now I just watch because ive been watching for too long and can't give it up.

by Anonymousreply 78October 14, 2017 8:25 PM

Tired of the Noah storyline

by Anonymousreply 79October 14, 2017 9:46 PM

[quote]I think Brooke is on tonight.

Yeah, in the last 60 seconds. Just like Tony Goldwyn on this week's "Scandal."

by Anonymousreply 80October 14, 2017 10:48 PM

I was glad to see Meloni go.

by Anonymousreply 81October 15, 2017 1:47 AM

Are Mariska and Peter bearding each other?

by Anonymousreply 82October 15, 2017 2:27 AM

Is anyone watching this crap right now? This is one of the funniest I've seen since the GamerGate episode. The Rapee of the Week's "Transformation" from plucky teen girl to EDGY PUNK CHICK within one day--dying one half of her hair black and getting a nose ring--and the team's OTT reaction to it was hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 83October 19, 2017 1:23 AM

This was the worst. OMG. Terrible.

LOL, R83. I know!!

by Anonymousreply 84October 19, 2017 2:15 AM

The show is beyond awful but it's been such a huge part of the network landscape for so long, I feel almost guilty abandoning it. Scanavino is its only saving grace. I liked Andy Karl. Was he fired or was it his choice to leave?

by Anonymousreply 85October 19, 2017 2:30 AM

From what I read about Andy Karl's stint, he had the opportunity for Groundhog Day, and when he approached the producers about his future on the show, they told him they were killing off his character anyway. Too bad about that. I loved Baby Dodds, and felt he probably an interesting dynamic to the team.

Tonight's episode was cringeworthy in many ways, particularly the ending where it felt more like a PSA with an agenda. Mariska's outside advocacy has definitely creeped into this show in recent years, and it sucks all the interest out of the episodes for me. That and the fact that St. Olivia is in nearly every scene, and seems to be singlehandedly investigating the case and prosecuting it as well. Everyone else is just there to do her bidding, and I think it weakens the show when they overdo that sort of stuff.

by Anonymousreply 86October 19, 2017 2:38 AM

The episode was so choppy--the weirs Newark guy from the beginning looked like a major plot point, but never seen again after his one scene.

The black hair dye and nose ring lasted, what, two scenes?

Mariska and the lawsuit from Brooke Shields--I thought that would be the end of the ep, but no--the high school assembly PSA was tacked on after. Which was the only part of the show that was remotely realistic--I can see a discussion re harassment and bullying for high schoolers going that way, without the TV confessions of course.

At least we got some Raúl

by Anonymousreply 87October 19, 2017 3:14 AM

Weird, not weirs

by Anonymousreply 88October 19, 2017 3:14 AM

Glad I'm reading this. At 9:00 it's between this and Dateline......Dateline it is!

by Anonymousreply 89October 19, 2017 3:19 AM

This is one thread where you don't have to worry about a spoiler alert!, that's for sure

by Anonymousreply 90October 19, 2017 3:24 AM

What the fuck was that that I just watched? It was so bad.

by Anonymousreply 91October 19, 2017 8:34 AM

[quote]Weird, not weirs

We kmew.

by Anonymousreply 92October 19, 2017 11:45 AM

Ewww. More Liv/Noah drama.

by Anonymousreply 93October 26, 2017 1:03 AM

When Christopher Meloni left the show, I lost interest and stopped watching it.

by Anonymousreply 94October 26, 2017 1:31 AM

i miss Chris for sure as well.....for me, it's like criminal minds....not all, but the majority of shit that happens is to women....(now they are including gay men, trans, ect i know) and it's nasty and horrible.

when they have 'stars' on SUV...SVU??? it's been good. the one with Cynthia Nixon was drop dead fantastic.... the one with jerry i am an asshole lewis was good and sad.....

for the freaks that love it Netflix is running 1,000 episodes and seasons.

and yah, benson.....she's gettin' a bit too full of her self now.....isn't she an LT now??

by Anonymousreply 95October 26, 2017 1:48 AM

OK so tonight's episode isn't the WORST but it was obvious from the first 5 minutes that the brother was involved. Olivia, as usual the worst mother of the year, is on the phone calling her babysitter that she will be getting home late (yet again). I wish DCF would take this ugly fug Noah away from her! So sick of hearing about Noah even if he isn't shown in the show. And Olivia is always wrong-- she totally believed that the "found" girl was really Emma. She is an f*ing idiot! They should FIRE her ass! Only redeeming feature of the show is Carisi-- soooo cute!

by Anonymousreply 96October 26, 2017 1:50 AM

OMG! Now the Dad admits to being involved and helping the son! This show really sucks. I MUST stop watching. Try Paranoid (British series) on Netflix; stopped watching to catch SVU and I regret it!

by Anonymousreply 97October 26, 2017 1:54 AM

I was glad to see Stabler gone. And his family drama got way too much airtime.

I quit watching after Munch and then Cragen left. Although stuff going on in my life played a part in me stop watching also.

After seeing discussion about how much storyline time Olivia and her personal drama has gotten in more recent seasons, I'm glad I stopped watching in Season 15.

by Anonymousreply 98October 26, 2017 2:00 AM

Sorry for any spoilers BTW.

by Anonymousreply 99October 26, 2017 2:20 AM

This is a brazen ripoff of the storyline of S2 of "The Missing", and a completely inferior one at that.

by Anonymousreply 100October 26, 2017 4:28 AM

The greatest unsolved sex crime on TV is who stole Mariska Hargitay's estrogen and replaced it with testosterone.

by Anonymousreply 101October 26, 2017 4:31 AM

What if they brought back the Bada-book, bada-boom TV commercial guy and pit him against Benson for all of season 20. Maybe he can hurt Noah, too.

by Anonymousreply 102October 26, 2017 4:42 AM

Last night's episode was a poorly written retread of a better season 10 SVU episode. It really served no purpose, because the show has done this type of story better before. I certainly don't expect completely original stories at this point in SVU's run, but at least if you are going to do a similar story, address different aspects of the story, and make sure it is written well. This story could only exist because SVU personnel failed to do their job properly (i.e. solidly identify the victim before returning her to her "family"), and that is never a good look when your main cast has to be stupid idiots to advance the plot. That is a sign that the story needs to be relooked.

by Anonymousreply 103October 26, 2017 4:10 PM

This show jumped the shark in the Meloni days. Specifically the girl who keeps calling “Oleebia” but is never where they trace the call to

by Anonymousreply 104October 27, 2017 1:43 AM

Speed Weed killed the show around 2010. Christine Lahti aided and abetted him.

by Anonymousreply 105October 27, 2017 1:46 AM

Christine Lahti should be kept away from everything, at all times.

by Anonymousreply 106October 27, 2017 3:41 AM

OLEEBIA! OLEEEEEBIAA!!!! FELIPE'S BORGERS!

Apparently the DL thread when that one aired was hilarious. Somehow I just KNOW you bitches were referring to that poor kidnapped girl as "that little cunt."

by Anonymousreply 107October 27, 2017 3:53 AM

I think I remember a post from that thread, R107: "Oleebia! Oleebia!! Are ju a lesbee-an??"

by Anonymousreply 108October 27, 2017 3:56 AM

How is this awful show still on the air??

by Anonymousreply 109October 27, 2017 4:09 AM

Of course she was, r107. You remember right r108.

by Anonymousreply 110October 27, 2017 4:13 AM

Lady night was taken from the Netflix doc The Imposter. If you haven't watched it, do.

by Anonymousreply 111October 27, 2017 5:20 AM

R97 'The Dad" was the priest in The Sopranos and the Pharmacist in Nurse Jackie. !!

by Anonymousreply 112October 27, 2017 6:47 AM

I loved this show in the Benson-Stabler days circa early-mid 2000's. I still watch the re-runs on USA, ION, etc on the weekends. But I didn't realize new episodes were STILL on. I never watch any network channels anymore so I guess that's why. Time to go...

by Anonymousreply 113October 27, 2017 6:56 AM

R112 I always call him "Father Phil" when I see him in anything else.

by Anonymousreply 114October 27, 2017 10:48 AM

So predictable.

Only the contrarian cunts of DL would proclaim one of the most popular shows of all time "unwatchable." Except you haven't stopped watching.

I wonder how many of these posts are the same 2 or 3 people.

by Anonymousreply 115October 27, 2017 11:51 AM

Lots of popular shows are terrible. I've watched every season of this one. Doesn't make it a good show! Much like a soap opera. I agree Hargitay's acting is getting worse instead of better. Iced Tea is beyond ridiculous at this point, too.

by Anonymousreply 116October 27, 2017 1:27 PM

R115 = Raul.

Hey Raul, go get some work done on the bags under your eyes, maybe then you could get another TV gig.

by Anonymousreply 117October 27, 2017 4:55 PM

Mariska seems like a very sweet person who is just kind of a barely competent actress. She can play one note, and she plays it relentlessly, in every scene, whether or not it's appropriate. Ice T does that too but it's funny, because the note he plays is inherently funny. Raul is extremely cute and I will hear no words spoken against him.

But oh my God, the fucking Noah plot makes my head explode. 1st of all, Olivia ( who is DEFINITELY lesbee-an, like someone is probably writing a thesis on her being coded that way) is the world's worst mother. She literally never sees this kid, who is being raised by his nanny. How is she paying for what is basically on-call childcare? Also I could write a whole essay on the anti-feminist implications of a plot in which the ultimate source of the Strong Woman's strength is her child, who basically just functions to represent her domestic life. It's bizarre for a show that prides itself on being feminist.

by Anonymousreply 118October 27, 2017 10:10 PM

Tonight we have a Very Special Episode of SVU. Sgt. Benson and her team of dedicated detectives will not only dig out the depraved molesters at rehab but will also dry up the fentanyl connection driving debs to death.

by Anonymousreply 119November 9, 2017 1:19 AM

Is anyone watching tonight? They say Mariska should get nominated for an Emmy for this episode.

by Anonymousreply 120November 30, 2017 1:01 AM

I agree, R120. Tonight's episode was so raw and heart-breaking. Riveting. Great writing and performances.

by Anonymousreply 121November 30, 2017 2:30 AM

The latest episode may have been a Very Special Mariska Hargitay Emmy Bait Hour, but thankfully it wasn't as bad as I feared. I am glad that the woman turned out to be a murderer rather than a rape victim who was "saved" by St. Olivia.

by Anonymousreply 122December 1, 2017 5:55 AM

Is Brooke Shields still there?

by Anonymousreply 123December 1, 2017 6:03 AM

Yesterday’s episode was still WAY too Olivia-focused, BUT! I had noticeably fewer eye rolls and audible “Ugh, this bitch” comments at the tv.

by Anonymousreply 124December 1, 2017 6:21 AM

I thought it was awful. Mariska can't act, I'm amazed they were trying to push the whole, "Emmy worthy performance" angle.

by Anonymousreply 125December 1, 2017 6:25 AM

I didn’t care for the whole, “fuck off, colleagues...this is ALLLL ABOUT MEEEEE!” In this episode especially.

by Anonymousreply 126December 1, 2017 6:39 AM

Whether in the vagina

Or in the anus,

Sexually-based crimes

Are especially heinous.

by Anonymousreply 127December 1, 2017 8:08 AM

I just watched the Kathy Griffin episode. Mariska was so natural playing a lesbian at the end!

by Anonymousreply 128December 28, 2017 3:06 PM

Is anyone watching tonight? Sam Waterston is guest starring.

by Anonymousreply 129February 8, 2018 12:42 AM

Haven’t watched this show in eons. When did Scottie Valens leave?

by Anonymousreply 130February 8, 2018 1:21 AM

R129 yes, the previews made it look Raúl-centric so I decided to tune in. Much emoting from Papí so far!

by Anonymousreply 131February 8, 2018 1:27 AM

Well, bye-bye Raúl.

He just killed a baby intentionally.

by Anonymousreply 132February 8, 2018 1:43 AM

Bye Raul.

by Anonymousreply 133February 8, 2018 1:53 AM

Raúl being replaced by a handsome white guy??? Call the ACLU!!!!

by Anonymousreply 134February 8, 2018 2:01 AM

I switched over to 911 on Fox. The series started over the top and is now reaching the stratosphere with tonight’s episode.

by Anonymousreply 135February 8, 2018 2:07 AM

Some of the hardcore Barba fans have become totally unhinged and are now harassing his SVU replacement via Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 136February 8, 2018 9:34 PM

I had a suspicion that this episode was Raul's last, so I wasn't shocked at the outcome. And considering the promos, I wasn't shocked at how the writers got him to his exit. But yes, I am pissed at the story they chose. There were many ways to write off Rafael Barba in a way that was in character and respectful of the long running character, but this wasn't one of them. I can't believe they actually thought it would be some sort of good exit for Rafael to kill a baby, a baby he had no emotional attachment to in any way. And then to top it off, they made his final scene all about his worship of Olivia, and how he has now become her. Even in the likely last appearance for Rafael Barba, the writers had to make it more about Olivia. Since Barba was my favorite character of the last several years, I'm just going to pretend that this episode didn't happen, and he left, because he got a better job offer somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 137February 8, 2018 10:53 PM

I disagree. I think he choose compassion for the baby who was in pain and suffering instead of letting the situation drag on and on. It was clear that the mother wanted to do the deed herself, to end her child's extreme suffering, but didn't have the strength to do so. It's not like the show tried to portray him as a cold hearted killer.

by Anonymousreply 138February 8, 2018 11:07 PM

It would've been better for the future of the show if Rafael had killed Noah.

by Anonymousreply 139February 8, 2018 11:52 PM

Rafael had no right, legal or moral, to end that baby's suffering. He wasn't the child's family, nor was he ordered to by the court. I get that he empathized with the mother and her pain, but he really had no standing to do what he did. The father was not in agreement, and we hadn't even heard a final word from the doctors. It's not like I wanted him to go to jail or anything. Instead I wish there was a better written story where he chose to leave for his own reasons, and not because he had just been acquitted of second degree murder of a baby. It was such an out of character moment and this is how the writers chose to send him off after six years. That, plus that nauseating speech he gave to Olivia, makes this a bullshit exit episode, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 140February 9, 2018 1:13 PM

Would he not let Chernuchin suck his dick?

by Anonymousreply 141February 9, 2018 1:23 PM

R136 Not surprising. SVU has some nutty fans. Quite a bit Stabler/Meloni fans went batshit crazy after he left and harassed Warren Leight for years on twitter even through he nothing to do with him leaving. Most of them refused to accept Danny Pino as Stabler's replacement also.

by Anonymousreply 142February 9, 2018 1:28 PM

What I refused to accept, r142, was the continued obeisance to the insanity of Olivia after Elliot left. They should have let them both go. Danny Penis was delightful.

by Anonymousreply 143February 9, 2018 1:31 PM

Danny Pino is always delightful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144February 9, 2018 11:42 PM

He was so beautiful in that show, R144. I never forgave Vic Mackey for pressing his face into the stove burner. I really couldn't watch the show to begin with, and I was done with it shortly thereafter.

by Anonymousreply 145February 9, 2018 11:47 PM

An actor left a show, so what? It happens all the time, why are people so beside themselves and why would anyone harass the replacement actor?

by Anonymousreply 146February 9, 2018 11:53 PM

Thank you R144 for making my day.

Pino's final appearance was bizarre. The writers gave Olivia a speech praising Amaro and shitting on Stabler, forever ending any speculation Stabler might make a guest appearance.

[quote]Some of the hardcore Barba fans have become totally unhinged and are now harassing his SVU replacement via Twitter.

Dick Wolf said the fans played a big part in getting rid of Adam Beach. They hated Chester Lake because they thought he was taking time away from Finn and Munch.

by Anonymousreply 147February 10, 2018 12:58 AM

[quote]Dick Wolf said the fans played a big part in getting rid of Adam Beach. They hated Chester Lake because they thought he was taking time away from Finn and Munch.

Themanspokeinacompletemonotone.boring.

by Anonymousreply 148February 10, 2018 1:06 AM

Why did Danny Pino leave, anyway? Was it his choice? I’m assuming in the cast of Papi Raul, it was his choice.

by Anonymousreply 149February 10, 2018 1:20 AM

This situation is different, R147, Raul left the show on his own. Some of his lunatic fans have gone off the deep end and there's no way Wolf or anyone else is going to can Winchester because of a handful of Esparza -stans.

by Anonymousreply 150February 10, 2018 1:21 AM

What about Danny Pino? Was he fired?

by Anonymousreply 151February 10, 2018 2:23 AM

They’re bringing hot and hung Dean Winters back again next week.

by Anonymousreply 152February 10, 2018 2:23 AM

R149 the writers just didn't know what to do with the character's private life but they shouldn't have written him off for that.

by Anonymousreply 153February 10, 2018 2:26 AM

Papi’s replacement, Philip Winchester, ain’t too bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154February 10, 2018 2:27 AM

Welcome to the gun show^

by Anonymousreply 155February 10, 2018 2:28 AM

More of papi's replacement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156February 10, 2018 2:35 AM

Hims gorgeous ^

by Anonymousreply 157February 10, 2018 3:04 AM

Adam Beach sucked big time. His character was almost universally hated by fans.

I think Danny Pino was fired. I don't think he has ever publically commented on his SVU departure.

I suspect they did the scene with Olivia praising Amaro and shitting on Stabler to piss off the disgruntled Meloni/Stabler/ stans who couldn't get over him leaving (and not ending up with Benson romantically) and bitching about it for years. I was sick of Stabler (and his mostly annoying and overexposed family) by the time he was written out, but Benson and Stabler had far more chemistry (not to mention much more history together) than Benson and Amaro ever did.

by Anonymousreply 158February 10, 2018 5:00 AM

Yes, but can you imagine the chemistry between Stabler and Amaro?

by Anonymousreply 159February 10, 2018 5:11 AM

[quote]They’re bringing hot and hung Dean Winters back again next week.

Every time he comes back now, I expect him to call Olivia a “big dummy.”

by Anonymousreply 160February 15, 2018 3:47 AM

Is the new lawyer gay?

by Anonymousreply 161March 1, 2018 3:36 AM

He pings.

by Anonymousreply 162March 1, 2018 3:37 AM

Season 19???? Dear Lord, how old must the cast be, compared to how they all started out. Is it like [italic]Murder, She Wrote[/italic] over there, now?

by Anonymousreply 163March 1, 2018 3:51 AM

lol, R153. Only Benson and Fin are left from the original cast, the rest are all younger. You should check it out, the new lawyer is pretty hot.

by Anonymousreply 164March 1, 2018 4:16 AM

Fin wasn't part of the original cast. He came on in season two. My understanding is Cassidy is back for a couple of episodes this year. He is part of the original cast.

by Anonymousreply 165March 1, 2018 5:17 AM

The new guy has the acting range of a piece of bark.

by Anonymousreply 166March 1, 2018 5:53 AM

I liked the new guy. The old lawyer chewed every scene he was in, way too over the top.

This was a better episode than I've seen in a while. Maybe the fresh blood helped since it was getting stale. Amazing that the show still has some life in it yet.

by Anonymousreply 167March 1, 2018 6:55 AM

I thought it was a decent episode and even though I used to like Barba, I thought the new lawyer was pretty good too.

by Anonymousreply 168March 1, 2018 7:22 AM

I still enjoy SVU but miss Danny Pino and his spicy, musky hole.

by Anonymousreply 169March 1, 2018 7:34 AM

Every episode has been rape until getting a baby killed was a relief.

by Anonymousreply 170March 1, 2018 10:35 AM

Stephanie March will be returning for an episode airing in April as everyone's favorite ice queen, Alex. Damn, now I might have to watch again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171March 5, 2018 5:48 PM

They never brought me back because I was a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 172March 5, 2018 9:12 PM

Raul Esparza is now on "The Path" on Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 173March 5, 2018 10:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!