Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

All Hail the New Queen of Pop: Cardi B

Her song "Bodak Yellow" just knocked TSwift out of the Billboard top spot.

She used to be a stripper but now she making money moves!

Is she the new Beyoncé? Or will she be forgotten in a few weeks?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244May 10, 2018 6:15 AM

Here's the music video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 25, 2017 9:37 PM

Here's the chorus (do hip hop songs have a chorus?) that kids are singing on the playground:

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me If you wanted to

These expensive, these is red

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me If you wanted to

These expensive, these is red bottoms

These is bloody shoes

Hit the store, I can get 'em both, I don't wanna choose

And I'm quick, cut a nigga hustle

Don't get comfortable

Look, I don't dance now, I make money moves

Say I don't gotta dance, I make money move

If I see you and I don't speak

That means I don't fuck with you

I'm a boss, you a worker bitch

I make bloody moves, These is bloody shoes....

by Anonymousreply 2September 25, 2017 9:41 PM

The reign of hip-hop continues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 25, 2017 9:42 PM

No wonder millennials are so utterly stupid, listening to idiotic music like this.

Ugh, Shudder!

by Anonymousreply 4September 25, 2017 9:45 PM

Cardi B claims via Twitter that the NYPD brutalized her last week and put her in a "choke hole."

by Anonymousreply 5September 25, 2017 10:01 PM

" the NYPD brutalized her last week and put her in a "choke hole.""

Surprise anal?

by Anonymousreply 6September 25, 2017 10:03 PM

Isn't that the 'cash me ousside' cunt?

by Anonymousreply 7September 25, 2017 10:46 PM

R7, no, this is who she was trying to emulate.

by Anonymousreply 8September 25, 2017 10:47 PM

The article says that she was famous on the Gram and then was more famous on the TV.

So people must know her story.

by Anonymousreply 9September 25, 2017 10:50 PM

Music is shit these days, that Cash Me Outside girl got a multi-million deal with Atlantic Records. It's all about how many Instagram followers you can get.

by Anonymousreply 10September 25, 2017 10:56 PM

Like all female rappers, she's a whore.

by Anonymousreply 11September 25, 2017 10:58 PM

How the fuck can anyone listen to that crap???

Jesus Christ, it's everything I hate in music today.

by Anonymousreply 12September 25, 2017 11:02 PM

such shit. heinous.

by Anonymousreply 13September 25, 2017 11:03 PM

when you're a trashy version of Rihanna you really have hit rock bottom.

by Anonymousreply 14September 25, 2017 11:05 PM

It's still better than that crap Taylor Swift song.

by Anonymousreply 15September 25, 2017 11:11 PM

[quote]How the fuck can anyone listen to that crap???

I agree, it's almost offensive how stupid music is today! I am glad I am in my 50s and dead when these idiots grow up and start ruling the world.

by Anonymousreply 16September 25, 2017 11:21 PM

God I hate rap music.

music started dying in the 80's when this shit went mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 17September 25, 2017 11:22 PM

For us old and out of touch folks, this article decodes the lyrics.

""I named it "Bodak Yellow" because the flow of the song. It will remind you of a song that Kodak Black did called 'No Flockin'," Cardi said in a past interview with MTV. In regards to the title, she added: "'Bodak,' my name starts with a B and 'yellow,' because I'm a yellow bitch." "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 25, 2017 11:24 PM

One for the history books!

"With “Bodak Yellow,” Cardi B becomes the first woman since Lauryn Hill and “Doo-Wop (That Thing)” in 1998 (!) to have a No. 1 solo rap song, and she is just the fifth female rapper in history to make it to the top (second to do it alone)."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 25, 2017 11:36 PM

Cardi is funny. Love and Hip Hop New York will suck now without her comic relief, and occasional beat downs. She is also the first cast member other than K Michelle to really launch a successful music career out of the show.

Im not into her music but I'm glad she's doing well.

by Anonymousreply 20September 26, 2017 12:47 AM

Yuck. Such garbage. They are really trying to make the masses low and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 21September 26, 2017 12:50 AM

[QUOTE]I am glad I am in my 50s and dead when these idiots grow up and start ruling the world.

We already rule the world, pops. How do you think Cardi B got to #1?

by Anonymousreply 22September 26, 2017 12:51 AM

No one who listens to this rules anything.

by Anonymousreply 23September 26, 2017 12:52 AM

Cardi B is not a fan of "carrot face"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 26, 2017 12:52 AM

This was so much better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 26, 2017 12:57 AM

Is English her first language?

by Anonymousreply 26September 26, 2017 1:01 AM

Her first language is money.

by Anonymousreply 27September 26, 2017 5:26 PM

She's cute

by Anonymousreply 28September 26, 2017 5:30 PM

Ugh, not with honker banana-nose like that, she ain't.

by Anonymousreply 29September 26, 2017 5:33 PM

Late at night, recently, I saw a commercial for an "adult" store in the Bronx. Lavender lingerie with black lace, latex dongs, etc. It was one of those loud MySpace-style amateur productions, very low-budget but fun.

Said to mention Cardi B. For a special discount or secret bonus gift with purchase. Something like that.

It was the second time I'd heard of Cardi B - my SIL produces reality shows geared toward this demographic and she mentioned her.

by Anonymousreply 30September 26, 2017 6:20 PM

All current hip hop reminds me of Idiocracy.

by Anonymousreply 31September 26, 2017 6:26 PM

Here's the sweet, demur little pixie last night, celebrating her #1 song... and she takes a little dig at Taylor Swift.

I honestly can't tell what she's saying, but I hope Li'l Kim comes back and puts a bitch in her place. Li'l Kim IS the Queen Bee!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 26, 2017 6:43 PM

"Cardi B becomes the first woman since Lauryn Hill and “Doo-Wop (That Thing)” in 1998 (!) to have a No. 1 solo rap song"

Wait. Missy Elliot never had a No 1 solo rap song in the US? Not even with Get Ur Freak On?

by Anonymousreply 33September 26, 2017 6:47 PM

Another grampa here thanking my stars I was born in 66 and grew up with the amazing music of the 60s, 70s, 80s and most of the 90s. The world really went to shit in 2000, didn't it.

by Anonymousreply 34September 26, 2017 6:50 PM

Didn't Li'l Kim at least get close with 'How Many Licks' ?

by Anonymousreply 35September 26, 2017 6:53 PM

she's a dime-a dozen and a gross no-talent

by Anonymousreply 36September 26, 2017 7:41 PM

Will we look at the Cardi-tops-Taylor moment like me we do the Nirvana-tops-Michael Jackson moment of the early 90s? Is this a pop culture sea change?

by Anonymousreply 37September 27, 2017 1:43 AM

Legit terrible. Tuneless. Nicki Minaj clone but worse.

by Anonymousreply 38September 27, 2017 2:19 AM

No..

by Anonymousreply 39September 27, 2017 2:20 AM

R34: Yes it did

by Anonymousreply 40September 27, 2017 2:21 AM

[QUOTE]Didn't Li'l Kim at least get close with 'How Many Licks' ?

Nowhere near #1.

by Anonymousreply 41September 27, 2017 2:24 AM

I also thought she was a poor man's Nikki Minaj.

by Anonymousreply 42September 27, 2017 2:28 AM

Nicki doesn’t have a single #1 hit. Cardi has surpassed her.

by Anonymousreply 43September 27, 2017 2:31 AM

This sounds like it was put together in 3 hours. Same old tired shit of wanna be gangster rhymes. I'll take Nicki any day of the week,

Missy Elliot is Ludwig Von Beethoven compared to this jail house whore.

by Anonymousreply 44September 27, 2017 11:47 AM

Shit surpassing shit, So much for this new music from Taykir being iconic lol

by Anonymousreply 45September 27, 2017 11:51 AM

Fuck You!!! r14, Don’t come for Rihanna! She’s making billionaire money moves. She’s beyond music and is officially the queen of fashion and beauty. Her makeup line Fenty Beauty is selling like hotcakes globally and was released less than two weeks ago. She had the best show at NYC fashion week and her PumaFenty line is doing amazing. Rihanna is seriously on another level when it comes to marketing and making money for brands and creating her own fashion brands which she OWNS!!! AND her Saudi billionaire boyfriend is gorgeous and she lives with him in London.

The DL queens are completely out of the loop when it comes to Rihanna.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 27, 2017 12:25 PM

Azealia callde her a poor man's Nicki?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 27, 2017 12:41 PM

The new Beyoncé? Beyoncé is not a rapper and Cardi B is not a singer.

This song is infectious. It's been stuck in my head for a month.

by Anonymousreply 48September 27, 2017 1:28 PM

R2, some of those lyrics are incorrect...

by Anonymousreply 49September 27, 2017 1:31 PM

What a fuckin' whore. Who financed this bitch's recording contract?

by Anonymousreply 50September 27, 2017 1:46 PM

I didn't say Rihanna is not great at making money, pressed stan at R46. Of course she knows how to make money. I just said she's super trashy. And she is.

by Anonymousreply 51September 27, 2017 1:51 PM

I don't think that Rihanna is trashy. She's a sweet girl who takes care of her family and friends.

by Anonymousreply 52September 27, 2017 1:52 PM

I presume the real reason for Cardi B's #1 is a strong hatred of Taylor Swift. Congratulations is deserved but there is a conspiracy afoot.

by Anonymousreply 53September 27, 2017 2:29 PM

Wendy Williams is supportive but suspects that she'll be a one-hit wonder.

by Anonymousreply 54September 27, 2017 2:45 PM

What is it with the mush mouth? Bitch sounds like Junior Samples.

LOL at Rihanna whoring herself out to a Saudi, the most disgusting slavemongers on earth. I bet she thinks we should all take a knee. She clearly has.

Money moves? I don't care about their fucking stock portfolios. How about writing a song?

by Anonymousreply 55September 27, 2017 2:55 PM

Do you think anyone is making money singing and writing songs anymore? Not everyone is Adele. The business model has changed dramatically in music. Most artists would go broke relying on royalties, so everyone has to diversify their brands. Keep waiting for the next Barry Manilow,r55.

Liam Gallagher to give you the tea on the music business...as you were.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 27, 2017 3:07 PM

r46, Rihanna is as trashy as they come, from her multiple tattoos all over her body to her "cunt" necklace she wore years ago.

Please, don't even try.

by Anonymousreply 57September 27, 2017 3:09 PM

Music is trashy now, that good quality music without stupid lyrical hook does not make it to number one anymore. As a older millennia, I shake my head to the nonsense younger millennials elevate as a hit song. Gone were the days of talented rap skills of tupac and biggie smalls. Every song out there is a gimmick and much younger generation are the brainless puppets that record companies need to download those songs on iTunes.

by Anonymousreply 58September 27, 2017 3:15 PM

[QUOTE]LOL at Rihanna whoring herself out to a Saudi, the most disgusting slavemongers on earth. I bet she thinks we should all take a knee. She clearly has.

At least Rihanna will be able to drive next year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 27, 2017 3:16 PM

The dead eyes on all the people in that rancid video explains it all, has there ever been a more despicable group than the Z-List Rappers? And yes, the youth of America making this #1 are going to be as awful as you can imagine as adults. The future is going to be one long line at a Bronx White Castle.

by Anonymousreply 60September 27, 2017 3:17 PM

[QUOTE]Gone were the days of talented rap skills of tupac and biggie smalls.

Yeah right, like there weren’t people in the 90’s saying “Didja hear the latest garbage from The Notorious BIG? What the hell happened to music, man?”

by Anonymousreply 61September 27, 2017 3:18 PM

R57, How old are you? There are some old biddies in this thread. Having tats is trashy? Then most of the population under 40 is trash. Let’s burn Rihanna the stake for acting like a pop star and wearing a cunt necklace. Rihanna is having the time of her life as a RICH woman who doesn’t follow the rules. We need more rebels...

The real trash is Nicki Minaj...she’s hated by everyone in the industry...she’s an awful woman!!! She needs to go away forever.

by Anonymousreply 62September 27, 2017 3:22 PM

Tats are trashy, especially cliche imagery all over the body. Roman numerals, mames of dead family members, etc. Rhianna seems like a more human, free spirited pop whore than the others, though.

by Anonymousreply 63September 27, 2017 3:36 PM

White Castle!

by Anonymousreply 64September 27, 2017 3:45 PM

I have never heard this song before and it's #1?? I'm so out of touch with pop culture,

by Anonymousreply 65September 27, 2017 3:57 PM

Tats are trashy 90% of the time. Most people can't pull them off. They go in the pile with rectangular 2" acrylic nails, mullets, Truck Nutz, crispy bangs...

by Anonymousreply 66September 27, 2017 4:18 PM

Yes, you are, r65. Your not missing much...it’s a shit song.

by Anonymousreply 67September 27, 2017 4:25 PM

Wow, this artist of color is a singer of shit!

by Anonymousreply 68September 27, 2017 4:33 PM

R61 biggie was the start of a more materialistic type of rap

by Anonymousreply 69September 27, 2017 4:37 PM

Reagan and rap ruined the US

by Anonymousreply 70September 27, 2017 4:39 PM

This song reminds me of Drake's Started From the Bottom. Is it supposed to? The lyrical content of the songs is similar.

by Anonymousreply 71September 27, 2017 5:06 PM

It's interesting to see Taylor Swift underperforming by her standards. She broke records when her new single came out, but it was front-loaded. Her second promo single also underperformed. I had a feeling that '1989' was going to be her peak, and that appears to be the case.

by Anonymousreply 72September 27, 2017 5:11 PM

If they're talentless, they should at least be good looking in lieu of talent. This skank is horrible to look at.

by Anonymousreply 73September 27, 2017 5:14 PM

The people in this thread are old and irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 74September 27, 2017 6:59 PM

[QUOTE]biggie was the start of a more materialistic type of rap

Exactly. Hip hop “purists” hated Biggie, Bad Boy and P. Diddy in particular. They’re the ones who paved the way for Cardi B.

by Anonymousreply 75September 27, 2017 7:35 PM

Cardi B suggests a new lane for female rappers—one that has little to do with seeking permission from male gatekeepers, pandering to white culture, or criticizing other women for their sexuality. It is about finding an audience on your own terms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 30, 2017 12:35 PM

She also talks in Spanish! She's half Dominican and half Trinidadian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77September 30, 2017 12:55 PM

R76 Orwellian third-wave horseshit. Sexism is empowering!

(PS: Easiest way to get an article published)

by Anonymousreply 78September 30, 2017 1:04 PM

Nicki Minaj is a huge bitch. I'm glad she decided to sit her fake ass down somewhere.

Cardi is hilarious and she's actually pretty humble. I still feel sorry for this girl that caught her shoe though lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 30, 2017 1:15 PM

So I just listened to this Yellow song for the first time and I kinda don't get it. Where's the beat drop? The bridge? The hook? It's all so monotone and low-energy.

by Anonymousreply 80September 30, 2017 1:17 PM

She isn’t a millennial creation, this is all on Gen Z.

by Anonymousreply 81September 30, 2017 1:19 PM

She's gross and so is Rihanna. Conversely, Rhianna's makeup line launched recently and received shitty reviews from the YouTube beauty community because it sucked. Most of the people who loved it were RiRi stans.

by Anonymousreply 82September 30, 2017 2:03 PM

R46 Rihanna is VERY WEALTHY but she's still way behind Madonna, the richest female act ever, Beyonce and Celine Dion

by Anonymousreply 83September 30, 2017 2:15 PM

R82, You are LYING about those reviews of Fenty Beauty...the long list of great reviews for her makeup brand has been extensive. The YouTube make up reviews have been amazing to the point that Fenty Beauty has it’s own YouTube channel. Women are loving her makeup collection...check out the lines wrapped around the block at Harvey Nichols in London. Her makeup is selling out at Sephora.

I hate when people make up shit when it doesn’t fit their narrative...Google is your friend and Rihanna is having the best year EVER!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 30, 2017 2:57 PM

[quote]Fenty Beauty has it’s own YouTube channel

Gurl. You think I'm going to believe a review from Rihanna's own channel is an honest review of the product?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85September 30, 2017 3:02 PM

R85, Real women reviewing the products is not good enough for you...well, that’s your problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 30, 2017 3:14 PM

She looks old.

by Anonymousreply 87September 30, 2017 3:50 PM

riri stan on aisle r84 / r86

If you look at the reviews from "real" people trying the products you will hear them say the majority of the line did not work for them. If you look up YouTube reviews you will see for yourself the line looks like shit.

The majority of people saying the line is amazing have an agenda or are just hardcore riri nutters like r84 r86

by Anonymousreply 88September 30, 2017 4:42 PM

Again, the line is getting raves from beauty professionals in the fashion industry. I don’t care if you think I’m a Rihanna stan or not. I’m going by what I’ve read in magazines, newspapers, blogs and YouTube reviews. This line has gotten industry wide approval and the sales have proven so thus far. Some would love the line to fail and have Rihanna stay in her lane, but unfortunately for those sceptics/haters that’s not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 89September 30, 2017 6:30 PM

Back to the Queen B!

I mean, Queen Bey! Everyone's favorite feyonce has released a charity single that is wiping Cardi B off of the top spot. Can our girl Cardi rebound or was her time at the top fated to be fleeting?

by Anonymousreply 90October 1, 2017 5:41 PM

They are all mostly the products of their songwriters, producers and engineers, whether its the bland Swift or the collection of Mud People mentioned in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 91October 1, 2017 5:47 PM

She's no Kate Bush.

Fail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92October 1, 2017 5:48 PM

No flash in the pan is she, Cardi B!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93October 4, 2017 6:03 PM

Fenty Beauty is getting great reviews from what I see. So much so that many are waiting for some special holiday box.

by Anonymousreply 94October 4, 2017 6:06 PM

R76 says

"Cardi B suggests a new lane for female rappers—one that has little to do with seeking permission from male gatekeepers.."

by Anonymousreply 95October 4, 2017 6:17 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96October 4, 2017 6:18 PM

Lowest. Common. Denominator....

by Anonymousreply 97October 4, 2017 6:18 PM

Cardi B was giving blow jobs in the back room of Mr. Wedge's in da Bronx just a few months ago, look at the ol' girl now fellas!

by Anonymousreply 98October 4, 2017 7:39 PM

How you like her now? THREE WEEKS in the Billboard pop chart penthouse yo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 11, 2017 5:20 AM

With three weeks at No. 1, "Bodak Yellow" is now the longest-leading Hot 100 No. 1 for a female rapper without any other billed artists. It passes the only other such leader, Lauryn Hill's "Doo Wop (That Thing)," which ruled for two weeks beginning with its Nov. 14, 1998, debut at No. 1.

by Anonymousreply 100October 11, 2017 5:21 AM

Ri-bot at R89

by Anonymousreply 101October 11, 2017 5:36 AM

R95, people of all colors and backgrounds love hip hop. It's not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 102October 11, 2017 6:11 AM

r102, it should go straight into the garbage.

You call that music?

by Anonymousreply 103October 11, 2017 1:41 PM

Yep. Been about 35 years now? Not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 104October 11, 2017 1:47 PM

Timothee stans for Cardi!

Is it official now? Is Cardi the new Queen of the Gays?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105November 28, 2017 1:48 PM

The Brits find her ignorance and trashy ways amusing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106December 1, 2017 9:42 AM

OMG. Is there a chorus? I gave up after 2 min. Been reading a bit about her and been meaning to listen to this - what a disappointment. I don’t even like Beyoncé but she’s no Beyoncé. Beyoncé has always paid for her own YSL! This foul mouthed fat little dwarf will be gone and forgotten by the end of next year. Charmless. More like Cardi Zzz.

by Anonymousreply 107December 1, 2017 11:18 AM

R76, are you fucking kidding?! “One that doesn’t criticise other women for their sexuality”?! The whole song is about how every other woman who isn’t Cardi B is a fucking whore but none of them are as a big of a fucking whore as she is between the sheets - you may have heard - and she’s such a fucking whore that she fucks for her YSL. What an empowering message for women of all ages!

by Anonymousreply 108December 1, 2017 12:55 PM

It ain't no "I Am Woman" but then again, what is?

by Anonymousreply 109December 1, 2017 3:01 PM

I like Rihanna a lot, I think she is authentic and naturally cool, she doesn't have to project this contrived sense of attitude like Cardi B or Nicki Minaj, it just comes naturally to Rihanna. I think most people find Rih likeable, even when she makes outrageous vids showing nude women being held hostage!

by Anonymousreply 110December 1, 2017 3:17 PM

She will be forgotten just like that Australia Iggy whatsherface. Butterface with a boot-shaped nose to boot.

by Anonymousreply 111December 1, 2017 4:57 PM

Cardi B is already over.

by Anonymousreply 112December 2, 2017 2:20 AM

Nope, not over yet! At least not according to Datalounge fave, Timothee Chalamet!

All the gays love Timothée!

Timothée loves Cardi B!

Ergo, all the gays love Cardi B!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113December 2, 2017 2:46 AM

God, Timothy is such a kiss-ass. He wants fame that badly, he'll attach his name to the biggest trash!

by Anonymousreply 114December 2, 2017 2:49 AM

Cardi B's sister, Hennessy Carolina is prettier AND a lesbian:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115December 2, 2017 3:59 AM

Well, if Tim O'Tay likes her, I have to listen to it.

by Anonymousreply 116December 2, 2017 4:00 AM

Ughh thevsister is not prettier they have really exaggerated features big nose, face more than likely big, wide set vagina

by Anonymousreply 117December 2, 2017 4:05 AM

All the critics love Miss Cardi!

New York Magazine says that Bodak Yellow is the third best song of all songs released in 2017!

Suck on that, Taylor!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118December 5, 2017 11:35 PM

question to the AAs of Data Lounge:

There was a mini-scandal caused by a video of the Victoria's Secret supermodel angels singing along to Bodak Yellow. The sang all the lyrics including one line with the word nigga in it.

Is it fair to write a song and pray that it gets to #1(which means crossing over) but setting guidelines as to how it must be sung by those buying/playing the music? I get the whole, "we can say it and you can't thing" but when you put it in a song, aren't you taking that to another level? I mean, it's really no longer an inside word of affection between like minded people of color is it?

by Anonymousreply 119December 5, 2017 11:56 PM

As Chris Rock might say, “Cardi B need a hit like a crackhead need a hit!”

All that success and attention for Bodak Yellow and still no follow up song to keep the kids excited! Yikes, bad business move, girl. Certainly not a “money move.”

by Anonymousreply 120December 6, 2017 9:37 PM

She was destined to be a one hit wonder

by Anonymousreply 121December 7, 2017 11:07 AM

Here comes hit number two!

"Bartier Bardi" features 21 Savage and will drop on Friday (December 22).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122December 20, 2017 9:15 AM

Uggh that tattoo is so gross

by Anonymousreply 123December 20, 2017 10:07 AM

Please quit trying to make this intellectually challenged, unattractive, untalented skank happen.

by Anonymousreply 124December 20, 2017 2:22 PM

Her music isn't pop?

by Anonymousreply 125December 20, 2017 2:46 PM

She already happened

by Anonymousreply 126December 20, 2017 2:55 PM

Cardi B meets Jimmy F

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127December 21, 2017 3:08 PM

she reminds me of cinderella's ugly step sisters

by Anonymousreply 128December 21, 2017 5:26 PM

From R118's link:

[quote] The beat paces back and forth like a panther, and Cardi’s lyrics drip with refined, acidulous scorn

You gotta love how the media legitimizes and praises the so-called music by today's talentless hip-hop whores, elevating their foul-mouthed, tuneless shit to the level of high art.

by Anonymousreply 129December 21, 2017 5:49 PM

The new single is at #2 on iTunes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130December 22, 2017 11:44 PM

It’ll be fun when the kids on American Idol and The Voice do their cover versions!

Your bitch wanna party with Cardi

Cartier Bardi in a 'Rari (21)

Diamonds all over my body (Cardi)

Shinin' all over my body (my body)

Cardi got your bitch on molly

Bitch, you ain't gang, you lame

Bentley truck lane to lane

Blow out the brain (21)

I go insane, insane

I drop a check on the chain

Fuck up a check in the plane

Cardi took your man, you upset, uh

Cardi got rich, they upset, yeah (From what?)

Cardi put the pussy on Offset (Say what?)

Cartier, Cardi B brain on Offset (21)

Cardi took your man, you upset, uh

Cardi got rich, they upset, yeah

Cardi put the pussy on Offset (Cardi)

Cartier, Cardi B brain on Offset (Cardi)

by Anonymousreply 131December 22, 2017 11:47 PM

When did pop singles become R rated?

by Anonymousreply 132December 23, 2017 1:07 AM

She's a vacuous, materialistic non entity. It's tragic that the blacks have made her their new god when there are black people with substance deserving of the adulation.

by Anonymousreply 133December 23, 2017 5:20 AM

She looks too much like Nicki Minaj.

by Anonymousreply 134December 31, 2017 4:12 PM

R26, that is anyone's guess.

She was born in The Bronx....

by Anonymousreply 135December 31, 2017 4:14 PM

That Bodak Yellow thing really sucks.

by Anonymousreply 136December 31, 2017 4:17 PM

Bodak Yellow was on many Best of 2017 lists made by reputable critics

by Anonymousreply 137December 31, 2017 4:25 PM

I think we are looking at a Vanilla Ice type thing. One big song, over saturation then gone. The song is ok, doesn't do a thing for me but I'm old. She seems like an obvious Nicki Minaj imitation.

by Anonymousreply 138December 31, 2017 4:37 PM

Unfortunately, this young lady is like watching a talking trash bag. If this is what current young women are striving to be, no wonder so many of them are going nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 139December 31, 2017 5:30 PM

I like her, better than that fake ass Taylor, mainstream music is shit these days so she fits in.

by Anonymousreply 140December 31, 2017 5:45 PM

Well said, R139.

Is it ironic that this woman is having her moment of fame, talking and acting like a whore, right at the time of #metoo when respectable women are finally speaking up and decrying the H. Weinsteins of the world who have treated them like whores?

by Anonymousreply 141December 31, 2017 6:17 PM

2018 will be The Year of Cardi B

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142January 1, 2018 6:16 AM

So her name is just “Bacardi” rearranged, and she does the same letter jumble with her song titles? Did I crack her witty cipher?

by Anonymousreply 143January 1, 2018 9:57 AM

I loathe, despise, and abominate her!

by Anonymousreply 144January 1, 2018 7:38 PM

She’s only getting bigger! Up up up!

Record breaker!!

Cardi has become the only rapper to have her first three Hot 100 singles in the top 10 simultaneously.

Only two other acts have ever accomplished this: The Beatles in 1964 and Ashanti in 2002.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145January 4, 2018 3:29 AM

“Get me Cardi B!”

Bruno Mars wants some of Cardi B’s Fire a Fury

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146January 4, 2018 3:41 AM

I don't think pop music has ever been that stupid and low brow, barf!

by Anonymousreply 147January 4, 2018 3:43 AM

They have such terrible, out of shape bodies for young people in R146's photo. It took me over fifty years to look that bad.

by Anonymousreply 148January 4, 2018 5:40 AM

Shes gonna go the way of ashanti.. In fact by summer people will be like who?

by Anonymousreply 149January 4, 2018 5:44 AM

Agree she'll be a flash in the pan.

by Anonymousreply 150January 4, 2018 5:56 AM

She's homophobic, racist (she's puertorican and dominican so not black accordingly to her) calls dark skinned women roaches. Fuck this hideous no talent creature.

by Anonymousreply 151January 4, 2018 6:13 AM

The stupid masses love their racist pop stars, r151, she fits right in.

by Anonymousreply 152January 4, 2018 6:43 AM

That ubiquitous sampled snare drum beat might be the worst thing that ever happened to music.

by Anonymousreply 153January 4, 2018 6:55 AM

Who else would like to start the 'Rap Sucks' movement. This shit music has been around for WAY too long!

by Anonymousreply 154January 4, 2018 7:01 AM

I like her but I think it's because I find her amusing, just must be my odd sense of humor

by Anonymousreply 155January 4, 2018 7:07 AM

I like Joslyn Hernandez better

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156January 4, 2018 7:15 AM

by Anonymousreply 157January 4, 2018 5:54 PM

I like the new video with Bruno Mars!

by Anonymousreply 158January 4, 2018 7:51 PM

Guess who New York magazine referred to as “perfect”?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159January 4, 2018 11:49 PM

In her rolling stone magazine interview she was already all depressed and shit. Overwhelmed, being existential . She's lost her carefree Lucy Ricardo bimbo facade. I don't think she's a flash though because she has charisma and she isn't into substances, not even pot. True her "music" sucks but this is what the tattooed masses are into right now. And don't for a second think there aren't male gatekeepers mapping every step of her fucking way. Even her boyfriend if they last long enuf not to kill each other.

by Anonymousreply 160January 5, 2018 12:33 AM

It’s been a while since a new pop star with staying power made the scene. Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, etc. have been on top for years now. Time for some new blood. Why not this Cardi person?

by Anonymousreply 161January 5, 2018 12:44 AM

mmmmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 162January 5, 2018 3:07 AM

I'm not saying she's as garbagey as her but she'll be another Iggy Azalea.

by Anonymousreply 163January 5, 2018 3:23 AM

r161 So are there no hip hop artists like Missy or Lauren Hill anymore? Are we just promoting the really successful strippers now, is that the deal? I'm a white eldergay, so there may be decent people coming up I'm missing. As cynical as I am, I can't believe the industry would just give up on it and totally cave in to all the tacky ass promoters pushing this crap. I'm not stopping anyone's money, either, just keep reality queens on IG FFS, don't give them a record contract.

Say what you want about Nicki Minaj, she came up the traditional way (even if she hooked up to move up at some point) & she can rap.

by Anonymousreply 164January 5, 2018 5:55 AM

Her pornhub videos are hot. Girl knows how to work it. Queen of pop at the Super Bowl. Pornhub can be a sponsor. And playboy magazine was risque back in the day. How the world has changed. The Bruno Mars video dedicated to In living Color is awesome.

by Anonymousreply 165January 5, 2018 6:38 AM

I'm not into her music but I've read some articles and watched some interviews and, once you get over the trash ones, she is very likable

by Anonymousreply 166January 5, 2018 1:21 PM

Cardi B is for the children while SZA is for the elders who are looking for the next Lauren Hill

by Anonymousreply 167January 5, 2018 1:25 PM

[quote]Is English her first language?

No, it's Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 168January 5, 2018 1:59 PM

Her voice sounds ignorant and dull, perfectly matching the lyrics and "music".

by Anonymousreply 169January 5, 2018 2:07 PM

Bump so that people stop creating threads on this topic

by Anonymousreply 170January 7, 2018 2:04 PM

Ooooo weeeee!

Who dat be?

Miss Cardi B!

Cardi has started her year by becoming the first woman in Billboard history to have three songs charting in the Top 10 simultaneously for three consecutive weeks. This, after she already made history last year as the first female rapper since Lauryn Hill to have a No. 1 solo hit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171January 17, 2018 12:29 AM

Her #1 was all from streaming, which means she and her record company made very little money from it. It was all smoke and mirrors. She's just a feature on the other hits.

by Anonymousreply 172January 17, 2018 12:43 AM

Ok, Justin

by Anonymousreply 173January 17, 2018 1:33 AM

She was cute in her interview with Fallon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174January 17, 2018 1:35 AM

Wow, this song is TERRIBLE. Honestly I don't know how people listen to this. A far cry from The Story of Lucy and Jessie and I Do Not Know a Day I Did Not Love You.

by Anonymousreply 175January 17, 2018 1:43 AM

I love my Bruno, but the picture in R159 makes me think it is art therapy day in the special needs adult group home.

by Anonymousreply 176January 17, 2018 2:01 AM

At least there is some ambiguity in this girls lyrics. It seems nasty at the surface yet is pretty fluffy underneath. It almost reminds me of those Russian lesbian girls who were around a decade or so ago, purely manufactured pop songs about "nothing". She also seems to be having fun screwing around with her image and that of other rappers. That Rihanna girl never seemed to be having very much fun at all. Minaj did, but she is a clown and is thicker than two short planks.

by Anonymousreply 177January 17, 2018 2:16 AM

She is on her 10th minute, 5 to go!!

by Anonymousreply 178January 17, 2018 2:19 AM

t.A.t.U. sang songs of love and rebellion in a world that dishonored their fake lesbian relationship

by Anonymousreply 179January 17, 2018 2:20 AM

Bump so that people stop creating threads on this topic

by Anonymousreply 180February 7, 2018 12:21 AM

GRABBA HAN / FULLA BRAIDS / MAKE A NIKKA / EAT ME OUT / PUT A WHITE BOY / ON SAZON / I MIGHT / TURN G-EAZY OUT.

by Anonymousreply 181February 7, 2018 12:25 AM

Azaelia Banks needs another chance.

She is so hot.and talented. But batshit crazy.

She cannot stop cunting out on the Internet.

by Anonymousreply 182February 28, 2018 6:32 PM

Free Iggy Azalea!

by Anonymousreply 183February 28, 2018 7:06 PM

[quote]She is on her 10th minute, 5 to go!!

Tell me about it. When is she coming out with a follow up to Bodak Yellow. So far, she just does appearances on other artists' songs.

by Anonymousreply 184March 1, 2018 7:33 AM

In today's world you need a magnetic oersonality lile Cardi. Girls love Cardi.

You can't be a vicious C word like Azaelia Banks and sell records.

by Anonymousreply 185March 1, 2018 3:46 PM

She's a good case against immigration.

by Anonymousreply 186March 1, 2018 4:48 PM

Her debut album dropped last night and it is 🔥

by Anonymousreply 187April 7, 2018 4:05 AM

Cardi B is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 188April 7, 2018 4:10 AM

I saw a lot of ppl saying it was boring and all the songs sound the same.

by Anonymousreply 189April 7, 2018 4:30 AM

All hail Cunty B!!

Does she still have those butterflies in her snatch from the Grammys?? I think they were actually crabs.

by Anonymousreply 190April 7, 2018 5:07 AM

She looks ridiculous in that blonde wig

But da album is numba one on iTunes so who cares???

by Anonymousreply 191April 7, 2018 7:59 AM

Cardi meets Leslie Jones and the sexy guy from Wakanda

SNL should be interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192April 7, 2018 8:05 AM

Rumor is that she will announce her pregnancy on the show.

by Anonymousreply 193April 7, 2018 8:37 AM

Will she announce the name of the baby daddy? Does she know it?

by Anonymousreply 194April 7, 2018 1:49 PM

All the bottoms will be singing Ring this summer

by Anonymousreply 195April 7, 2018 2:33 PM

Get schooled! Queen Cardi ain’t going nowhere!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196April 7, 2018 4:14 PM

Looks like a drag queen werk

by Anonymousreply 197April 7, 2018 4:18 PM

Is this a rupauls drag race contestant?

by Anonymousreply 198April 7, 2018 4:18 PM

#1 album on #2 song on iTunes

by Anonymousreply 199April 8, 2018 7:09 PM

It's HIDEOUS

by Anonymousreply 200April 8, 2018 7:35 PM

Cardi B has the world's most fantastic stylist.

She has been looking gorgeous lately.

by Anonymousreply 201April 9, 2018 3:25 AM

Cardi B tearing up those international headlines

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202April 9, 2018 2:05 PM

She's pure trash but perfect for our trashy society today.

by Anonymousreply 203April 12, 2018 2:27 AM

Number 1 on Billboard Hot 100

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204April 16, 2018 1:53 PM

I loathe, despise, and abominate her.

by Anonymousreply 205April 16, 2018 9:20 PM

Bigger than who??????

BIGGER THAN BEYONCE!!!!!

As Cardi B's debut full-length Invasion of Privacy blasts in at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 (dated April 21), the rapper makes history on the Billboard Hot 100. On the latter list, she charts 13 entries, passing Beyoncé for the most simultaneous titles on the ranking by a solo female.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206April 16, 2018 11:27 PM

Buttfuck Yellow.

by Anonymousreply 207April 16, 2018 11:35 PM

r204, read your own headline, she debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 (album chart), not the Hot 100 (the songs chart).

by Anonymousreply 208April 16, 2018 11:39 PM

No horse in this race, R208) but isn't debuting on the top of AN ALBUM chart better than a topping a SONG CHART?

by Anonymousreply 209April 17, 2018 5:02 AM

Of course it is r209, I was just correcting r204's mistake.

by Anonymousreply 210April 17, 2018 5:34 AM

I meant to ask that question to R204).

Sorry, 208.

by Anonymousreply 211April 17, 2018 5:38 AM

It's amazing, this woman has severe idiot face and steals other rappers flow AND ADMITS to it and OP in his ilk suck her twat. It's like you young (or old?) dumb dumbs love artists who do nothing but steal other artists shit. Used to be you didn't steal/use other rappers flow because that was hella LOW and it meant you had no style. At all. Good luck with this ho who has a slash and burn mentality just to make a buck.

by Anonymousreply 212April 17, 2018 5:46 AM

Who did she steal from, or did she just rapped someone else's words?

by Anonymousreply 213April 17, 2018 5:57 AM

POOR MAN'S NICKI MINAJ!

I'M BORED AND SLEEPY!

by Anonymousreply 214April 17, 2018 6:41 PM

Don’t come for Miss Cardi until Miss Cardi call for you!

Her security stomped some dude who only wanted an autograph!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215May 8, 2018 3:12 PM

And the worst thing of all is her Baby-Daddy has three other kids with three other women.

by Anonymousreply 216May 8, 2018 3:15 PM

How can she stand upright with them giant tits?

by Anonymousreply 217May 8, 2018 3:17 PM

Did she bleach or at least lighten her skin tone?

by Anonymousreply 218May 8, 2018 3:19 PM

She is so copying Gaga's look.

by Anonymousreply 219May 8, 2018 3:24 PM

R218, I believe that his her real skin tone. She is Hispanic, no?

by Anonymousreply 220May 8, 2018 3:25 PM

Maybe it’s just the makeup and the way she’s photographed. Here her skin looks white.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221May 8, 2018 3:28 PM

I hope she’s black, cause she has no problem calling everyone else “nigga”.

by Anonymousreply 222May 8, 2018 3:31 PM

R222, Wiki says she has a Dominican dad and Trinidadian mom. Hmm. Folks from those islands come in all shades and hues!

by Anonymousreply 223May 8, 2018 3:34 PM

More on her fiance/partner/babyfather/whatever.

He might not be the brightest bulb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224May 8, 2018 3:41 PM

Pure trash, how can you compare this flash-in-the pan illiterate moron with Beyonce or any other singer who can actually SING?

These days, to be considered a musician, there seems to be little actual talent required. You simply need a stupid image and a loudmouth.

btw, Cardi B's bodyguards beat the shit out of a fan last night.

by Anonymousreply 225May 8, 2018 3:47 PM

But she make money move.

by Anonymousreply 226May 8, 2018 3:54 PM

Yeah, R224. Article says that Mr. Cardi B used the word "queer" in a song; Cardi explained he hadn't known what it meant.

by Anonymousreply 227May 8, 2018 3:59 PM

Can anyone link the video of the fight, please?

by Anonymousreply 228May 9, 2018 5:52 AM

R228, hope this is it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229May 9, 2018 8:54 AM

OP is trash!

by Anonymousreply 230May 9, 2018 9:15 AM

R217, you ain't seen nothin' yet. She soon be lactating.

by Anonymousreply 231May 9, 2018 9:16 AM

She’s exactly what the generation who made the Kardashians famous deserve.

by Anonymousreply 232May 9, 2018 9:27 AM

She looked fantastic at the Met Ball

by Anonymousreply 233May 9, 2018 9:27 AM

She looked like a drag queen like always.

by Anonymousreply 234May 9, 2018 9:31 AM

R233 NO! She looked like the TRASH that she is, lipstick on a pig! Oink, Oink!

by Anonymousreply 235May 9, 2018 9:32 AM

Why did she even get invited?There was already enough trash present

by Anonymousreply 236May 9, 2018 9:33 AM

Cause anna wintour..

by Anonymousreply 237May 9, 2018 9:38 AM

You answered your own question.

by Anonymousreply 238May 9, 2018 10:14 AM

[quote] We already rule the world. How do you think imbeciles like R22 got Cardi B to #1?

Fixeted.

by Anonymousreply 239May 9, 2018 11:47 AM

Why does she have a different nose in every pic? Also she looks like

by Anonymousreply 240May 9, 2018 8:22 PM

A proboscis monkey. Found an old pic ----

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241May 9, 2018 8:25 PM

Vogue has the scoop!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242May 9, 2018 9:46 PM

Cardi doesn’t want to fight!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243May 10, 2018 3:02 AM

Thanks, R229)

by Anonymousreply 244May 10, 2018 6:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!