Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Carol Kane

Going on a huge Carol Kane trip lately, blew through tons of dreck that I watched just for her sake (Harry & Walter Go to New York, anyone?:) as well as some great stuff like World's Greatest Lover and all her Taxi appearances. As for live, I have seen her in "Love, Loss..." and WICKED at the Pantages. She's in the spotlight a lot lately for UKB (I do like her character & Tituss, but the show itself/Tina Fey's "fast topical wisecracks" style is not my cup of tea.)

Anyway, I think she's a terrific actress and for as long as she's been in the biz has kept a remarkably low private profile - what's the deal? She seems kinda screwy but in a harmless sort of way. Is she gay? Are the Keaton-Kane rumors true? What's her situation with Bud Cort?

I will also say that I have heard heaps of things about what she's like to work with - which is, in the words of the late Robert Urich - "challenging." When searching for dupes before I posted, someone mentioned witnessing a "meltdown" on a TV set and Lee Grant has alluded to she and Kane having been cruel to the director of "Mafu Cage." Is that why she hasn't been in more stuff? She's tremendously talented, and I think she's quite beautiful, was very young looking even well into her fifties! What's the deal!!

by Anonymousreply 23April 25, 2019 6:18 AM

She really had to pay her dues for success. I'd sure have hated to be groped by Randy Quaid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 23, 2017 11:53 PM

I have done two films with her. She was a dream. She may have learned how to be a team player since her early days. She is quirky, obsessed with her dogs, and a vintage clothing fanatic, but not difficult.

by Anonymousreply 2September 23, 2017 11:58 PM

LOVE IT R2!!!!

LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3September 24, 2017 12:00 AM

Gorgeous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 24, 2017 12:04 AM

She play Art Garfunkel's barely legal girlfriend in "Carnal Knowledge": and she dated Woody Harrelson, who is 9 years her junior.

by Anonymousreply 5September 24, 2017 12:42 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 24, 2017 2:14 AM

One of my all time favorites, R1. Quaid was actually kind of appealing in that. He should have played LBJ.

Also loved Kane as the simultaneously cheery and abusive ghost of Christmas Present in Scrooged.

by Anonymousreply 7September 24, 2017 2:18 AM

r6

It's funny how similar that poster looks to the one for "Harry & Walter Go to New York" (which I had never hear of, but just looked up because of OP).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 24, 2017 2:23 AM

I remember liking her very much in Hester Street.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 24, 2017 2:25 AM

She also had a fun cameo on Seinfeld

by Anonymousreply 10September 24, 2017 2:25 AM

She has had......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 24, 2017 2:31 AM

R10 that Seinfeld cameo is one of the best ever.

by Anonymousreply 12September 24, 2017 2:34 AM

During the 90s she had an apartment in West Hollywood at The Colonial (?), that cool white brick building at the top of Havenhurst, just below Sunset.

by Anonymousreply 13September 24, 2017 2:52 AM

She looked Amazing in Valentino.

by Anonymousreply 14September 24, 2017 2:58 AM

"Harry and Walter" had a cute song that went something like "I'm Harry/I'm Walter/It's wonderful to be here!" I remember it is as being kind of cute and it gave Elliott Gould (the male lead of the musical "I Can Get It For You Wholesale") one of the only chances to sing on-screen.

by Anonymousreply 15September 24, 2017 3:09 AM

@R15 she was in a lot of stuff with Gould - Over the Brooklyn Bridge (also kinda drecky but has a really great nostalgic NY vibe including a scene inside Sammy's Roumanian) Muppets Movie, and they put him in the Lemon Sisters too...

by Anonymousreply 16September 24, 2017 3:17 AM

Quite possibly THE most underrated actress in the business. Pity about all of those Oscar snubs, the poor dear.

by Anonymousreply 17September 24, 2017 3:18 AM

Carol in Valentino......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 24, 2017 3:20 AM

her part in Harry & Walter was amusing...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 24, 2017 3:21 AM

R19 Er, Over the Brooklyn Bridge I mean

by Anonymousreply 20September 24, 2017 3:26 AM

Pushing 50 in Office Killer! Would kill for skin like that!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 24, 2017 7:05 PM

Nice to hear it, R2 :)

by Anonymousreply 22September 25, 2017 7:30 PM

What are the "Keaton-Kane rumors"? Genuinely curious, OP!

You'd think she would've been spotted with a man at some point by now, having lived in a busy city all these years & working steadily in the biz. It's not like she's been hiding in the midwest or something. Not seeing any pics of her with what could be considered boyfriends or husbands over all these years except maybe in the '80s with Woody Harrelson, which just seems odd...

I'm definitely a superfan. She seems perfectly nice & normal in interviews. We need all the childfree, marriage-free female celebs we can get. If she was gay, even better ;)

by Anonymousreply 23April 25, 2019 6:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!