Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

James spader

So beautiful when younger. He always seemed bi to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 4, 2019 9:20 AM

Versatile. Acting I mean. 1987 was his year - Mannequinn, Less Than Zero, Baby Boom, Wall Street, a variety of roles.

by Anonymousreply 1September 22, 2017 11:38 PM

Horrible bloated mess whose face looks like it is made of wax now.

by Anonymousreply 2September 22, 2017 11:42 PM

I don't know how he has managed to put up with Megan Boone's lack of acting abilities for so long. He basically has to carry the whole show.

by Anonymousreply 3September 22, 2017 11:42 PM

I used to have a crush on him. He's gone to rack and ruin now. He did have a bi vibe, but it seems he's straight. Meh, who knows.

by Anonymousreply 4September 22, 2017 11:47 PM

He had a hot bi scene with Elias Koteas in Crash.

by Anonymousreply 5September 23, 2017 12:10 AM

He was gorgeous when he was younger but didn't age well. At least his beauty was captured on film for all time.

Steph >> Blaine >>>>>>> Duckie

by Anonymousreply 6September 23, 2017 12:16 AM

And I LOVED him and Maggie G. in Secretary. Loved.

by Anonymousreply 7September 23, 2017 12:17 AM

Me too r6/r7.

by Anonymousreply 8September 23, 2017 12:40 AM

I've said this before on DL, but he was so pretty when he was young, even I would have slept with him.

Best film: sex, lies, and videotape. If you haven't seen it, you should.

by Anonymousreply 9September 23, 2017 12:54 AM

He truly was stunning when he was young.

by Anonymousreply 10September 23, 2017 2:21 AM

Anyone ever seen Jack's Back?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 23, 2017 3:32 AM

What happened to him?

Someone should hire him to play Steve B ann on

by Anonymousreply 12September 23, 2017 3:36 AM

Smelling cookies

by Anonymousreply 13September 23, 2017 4:34 AM

James Spader is a really strange guy. I saw him on some interview show recently (maybe Charlie Rose) and he was talking about how much he works and how the series takes up a lot of his time. The interviewer asked him why he was working so much now at this point in his life and he went on and on and on about how he had a certain lifestyle he liked and wanted to keep up that lifestyle. The interviewer thought it was kind of strange and started asking other types of questions (not relating to that issue) and James kept going back to how he has this certain lifestyle he had "become accustomed to" and how he wanted to keep it up and how he was taking care of other members of his family, etc, etc.

It was very weird. The interviewer even asked him "what kind of lifestyle" and James didn't want to get into what that lifestyle was. But he kept bringing it up

by Anonymousreply 14September 23, 2017 7:26 AM

I agree r9, he was great in that.

And he does seem very odd r14, when he was younger I thought he was putting it on. But I'm now sure he's genuinely eccentric. Possibly even on the autism spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 15September 23, 2017 7:33 AM

Jimmy, and the gorgeous Madchen Amick, "Dream Lover" - 1993

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 23, 2017 7:37 AM

Only a straight guy would let himself go like that.

by Anonymousreply 17September 23, 2017 9:37 AM

[quote] Only a straight guy would let himself go like that.

Oh, we completely agree.

by Anonymousreply 18September 23, 2017 9:54 AM

[quote] SIR Elton John and Stephen Fry

They didn't have far to go. The both of them were always unattractive. Spader was gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 19September 23, 2017 9:57 AM

He got all buff and hot for SUPERNOVA in 2000. It was a huge bomb, he figured he did all that work for nothing, and gave up. He was bloated just a few short years later on BOSTON LEGAL.

SUPERNOVA body:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 23, 2017 11:54 AM

Looking like a take charge lesbian on BOSTON LEGAL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 23, 2017 12:02 PM

I remember reading that actors weren't really fond of working with Molly Ringwald back in her John Hughes days.

I think it was maybe (Leno or Conan?) that had them both scheduled as guests on the same night. He blew off a question about Molly, making it clear he wasn't going to talk about her. After his interview was done, the cameras showed him hauling ass out of backstage and out the building. I'm guessing it was about ten years ago.

by Anonymousreply 22September 23, 2017 12:03 PM

He plays a great villain!

by Anonymousreply 23September 23, 2017 2:39 PM

Never ask him if you can borrow a sweater.

by Anonymousreply 24September 23, 2017 2:43 PM

Another Spader fan here.

by Anonymousreply 25September 23, 2017 3:20 PM

I loved his upper-middle class smarminess. He was beautiful when he was younger. It's unfortunate how he aged, but as someone wrote,, we have his films persevered forever. He did geeky sexy well in Stargatw.

by Anonymousreply 26September 23, 2017 3:38 PM

No one played a young, smarmy, ass kissing, sleazeball better than he did. Loved Secretary. He still looked hot in that one. He's aged and lost his beauty but he's still a phenomenal actor. Doubt he is bi or even fucked around on his first wife. He lived a fairly normal life off screen. Family man. Love him. Can't think of a young actor today to compare him to.

by Anonymousreply 27September 23, 2017 3:59 PM

He looked better in motion.

Most actors do.

by Anonymousreply 28September 24, 2017 5:12 AM

At least he doesn't pretend to still have his hair.

by Anonymousreply 29September 24, 2017 2:05 PM

He had the undeniable talent to look greasy even when he was in a hot tub. A great '80s and '90s villain.

by Anonymousreply 30September 24, 2017 3:10 PM

He was hot to death!

What a WASP bitch!

by Anonymousreply 31September 24, 2017 5:37 PM

R21 I cackled

by Anonymousreply 32September 24, 2017 5:40 PM

God, he was beautiful.

He said in an interview that as a young man, if you're a character actor who doesn't look like a character actor, you get cast as villains. It's very astute. Usually I want to kill gorgeous people who mention that their gorgeousness got in the way of their acting career, but James Spader is genuinely weird, and his second act as a peculiar and particular TV antihero is well deserved.

by Anonymousreply 33November 23, 2019 11:44 AM

When I first saw him on on "Boston Legal," he pinged. He may be straight, but there's a gay hautiness.

by Anonymousreply 34November 23, 2019 11:52 AM

My straight dad and brother used to love watching the fucking awful Stargate and would get all quiet in the scenes with Jaye Davidson and James Spader. He was undeniable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2019 11:53 AM

I love him but I’m still trying to figure out how his face got so feminine as he aged. Almost like he’s on hormones.

by Anonymousreply 36November 23, 2019 12:10 PM

I HATE how he became a clone of Shatner after working with him. He used to be sexy until Shatner poisoned him by proximity.

by Anonymousreply 37November 23, 2019 12:41 PM

Yes, he seems bi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 23, 2019 12:43 PM

He was great in Blacklist, After the election of Trump, It was like a Blacklist plotline but the evil cabal one,

by Anonymousreply 39November 23, 2019 12:50 PM

To me he was the douchie, preppy, blond ideal. When I first saw him I was kind of stunned. I love that type.

by Anonymousreply 40November 23, 2019 12:51 PM

Tony Bill knows.

by Anonymousreply 41November 23, 2019 12:59 PM

Interesting how some people’s window of attractiveness is brief and others is long. Contrast Spader’s period of attractiveness with that of Paul Newman.

by Anonymousreply 42November 23, 2019 1:01 PM

He was excellent and very funny in LINCOLN. It is one of Spielberg's best cast films and he was a highlight.

by Anonymousreply 43November 23, 2019 1:20 PM

[R2] He doesn't look that bad. He's nearly 60 after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 23, 2019 2:00 PM

He looks just like my very first BF in [R35]'s pic. Sigh.... (also, Marty Balin)

by Anonymousreply 45November 23, 2019 2:58 PM

He looks awful. I would rather masturbate forever.

by Anonymousreply 46November 23, 2019 5:42 PM

[quote]So beautiful when younger. He always seemed bi to me.

I assumed he was bi for a long time, but I realized it was due to this bit from an old interview where he talked about youthful experimentation.

says Spader, an admitted “early . . . voracious . . . masturbator” who acknowledges, cryptically, that he’d always had an experimental sexual side. “You know, I had two older sisters, and everybody seemed to be naked all the time, my parents and my sisters,” he says. “Our household was very comfortable with sexuality. There was just a lot of girls around. And guys. I played doctor with both.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 23, 2019 6:07 PM

I was the top.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 23, 2019 6:50 PM

David E. Kelley wrote James Spader’s role in The Practice because of his performance in Secretary.

by Anonymousreply 49November 24, 2019 5:34 AM

I acknowledged he was a beautiful man in his youth, but probably didn’t find him really sexually attractive until he became jowly circa The Practice.

I remember people used to become irate that he won Emmys over Ian McShane in Deadwood. TBH Timothy Olyphant had a less showy role but was the glue that he’d the show together.

James Spader won those Emmys because he was a movie star but beat for beat was excellent nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 50November 25, 2019 4:31 AM

Pretty men often become aging lesbians. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 51November 25, 2019 6:53 AM

James Spader played a trashy Floridian who terrorises Lori Laughlin in New Kids and looks like a fucking albino. Even his eye brows are dyed a specific shade of Aryan.

by Anonymousreply 52November 25, 2019 9:09 AM

James Spader later went on to play Stanky Hanky in Seinfeld but was originally supposed to play the Desperado guy. That role would've had the right amount of weird for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 4, 2019 9:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!