Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What's your favorite Seinfeld episode?

My favorites are the doll that looks like George's mother, the one where Elaine keeps calling her "Susie," the one where Kristin Davis' toothbrush falls in the toilet and Jerry won't kiss her, and of course, FESTIVUS!

This one is good too. Seinfeld just had a way of making sensitive subjects funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292January 10, 2019 4:46 PM

The outing. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 22, 2017 5:06 AM

Anything with Newman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 22, 2017 5:09 AM

The Bet.

by Anonymousreply 3September 22, 2017 5:13 AM

The Mohel!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 22, 2017 5:14 AM

Soup Nazi...Basic

by Anonymousreply 5September 22, 2017 5:16 AM

The Jimmy. It's a B-story, but Mel Torme is in town to host a banquet for mentally challenged adults, and he mistakes Kramer for being mentally challenged (due to Kramer's wearing new white running shoes and talking while under the effects of novocaine from the dentist.) Kramer gets honored at the banquet.

by Anonymousreply 6September 22, 2017 5:19 AM

Sponge worthy.

by Anonymousreply 7September 22, 2017 5:23 AM

I call it, Bizarro World, I don't remember the actual title. It's the episode when Elaine becomes friends with a group of men who resemble Jerry, Kramer and George, but are the complete opposite personality-wise.

by Anonymousreply 8September 22, 2017 5:23 AM

the one that ended that horrible crapfest

by Anonymousreply 9September 22, 2017 5:24 AM

The Doll episode was hilarious. Mostly because I love the nutty Costanzas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 22, 2017 5:27 AM

The ASS MAN!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 22, 2017 5:30 AM

The "I had a pony!" one.

by Anonymousreply 12September 22, 2017 5:37 AM

Donna Chang! Funniest one ever.

by Anonymousreply 13September 22, 2017 6:19 AM

The Fire

by Anonymousreply 14September 22, 2017 6:21 AM

The Rye. So absurd!

But there are so many great, ridiculous plots and subplots, it's hard to pick just one episode. In high school, though, I saw The Rye when it first aired and was talking about it the next day in school, still laughing about it.

by Anonymousreply 15September 22, 2017 6:22 AM

Soup nazi is easily the best, anything elaine centric was always better.

by Anonymousreply 16September 22, 2017 6:27 AM

R6, I just quoted this the other day when I said "I hold grudges!" Well, I paraphrased it. The Mel Torme story line was hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 17September 22, 2017 6:31 AM

R15, yeah the Marble Rye was definitely one of the best. I think that is also the one where Elaine's bf won't do oral.

by Anonymousreply 18September 22, 2017 6:32 AM

The Muffin Tops w/ Rebecca De Mornay

by Anonymousreply 19September 22, 2017 6:37 AM

Too many to mention. Love the one with The Virgin.

by Anonymousreply 20September 22, 2017 6:51 AM

Definitely The Bet. I remember viewing it in real time, calling my best friend on the phone, "are you watching this????" I knew it would be iconic, right up there with "Chuckles the Clown" and " Vitametavegemine".

by Anonymousreply 21September 22, 2017 7:04 AM

Love the one where Susan becomes a lesbian and Kramer steals her girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 22September 22, 2017 7:48 AM

All the genius of Larry David, let us not forget.

Curb is almost as good.

by Anonymousreply 23September 22, 2017 7:57 AM

Seinfield four!

by Anonymousreply 24September 22, 2017 7:59 AM

Queen of the castle

by Anonymousreply 25September 22, 2017 7:59 AM

The India one where everything was in reverse.

by Anonymousreply 26September 22, 2017 8:05 AM

Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode where it's revealed that Susan's father has a gay lover? George accidentally burns down her parents' vacation house, a box of old love letters is found and Susan's mother, (played by the brilliant Grace Zabriskie), is secretly thrilled? (is that right?)

by Anonymousreply 27September 22, 2017 8:11 AM

Love the one(s) with Marisa Tomei too.

by Anonymousreply 28September 22, 2017 8:13 AM

Love the one with the Armani suit. George stops eating at the diner to avoid the woman who disssed him by lying about having a boyfriend. I could feel George's pain.

by Anonymousreply 29September 22, 2017 8:15 AM

Yes, R27. The Cheever Letters.

by Anonymousreply 30September 22, 2017 8:16 AM

George has to find a black friend (to prove to his coworker that he's not a racist) and ends up having dinner with Jerry's exterminator.

by Anonymousreply 31September 22, 2017 8:18 AM

Any episode with Tim Whatley, the dentist.

by Anonymousreply 32September 22, 2017 8:19 AM

The one where Kramer becomes a dog. Same ep where Elaine dates a bad breaker upper.

by Anonymousreply 33September 22, 2017 8:20 AM

"The Dinner Party." Jerry and Elaine try to buy babka for a dinner party; George and Kramer try to buy wine to bring to the same party.

by Anonymousreply 34September 22, 2017 8:28 AM

There really are too many. One that I liked not mentioned here is the Keith Hernandez episode. I also liked the one when the manicurists were talking shit in Korean about Elaine and she bought in Frank as a spy. Anything with the Rabbi was also hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 35September 22, 2017 8:33 AM

R35, OMG the Keith Hernandez one is def. one of the best!

by Anonymousreply 36September 22, 2017 8:43 AM

R35, yes, loved the one where Elaine confided to the Rabbi about how jealous she was of George's getting engaged. It just totally rang true.

by Anonymousreply 37September 22, 2017 8:44 AM

The Yada Yada Yada one. Any ep with Mickey.

by Anonymousreply 38September 22, 2017 8:46 AM

Mulva.

by Anonymousreply 39September 22, 2017 9:13 AM

The one where Kramer takes karate lessons.

by Anonymousreply 40September 22, 2017 9:18 AM

Any ep with Jack Klompus in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 41September 22, 2017 9:19 AM

Debra Messing was great in the ep where she gets a divorce and Jerry hits on her. And Elaine hits on her ex.

by Anonymousreply 42September 22, 2017 9:28 AM

I have fond memories of the one where George had to go to the Unemployment Office to meet with the woman to ask for an extension as his payments were about to stop. It didn't look like she was going to authorize an extension as she saw right quick George was a fraud. Fast forward to George wooing the woman by commenting on a picture of her homely daughter she had in her office. She was apparently desperate to find her daughter a mate so she persuaded George to go out with her daughter and she approved his extension. You got a look at the gal when George was dropping her off at her home after the date. I knew I recognized that actress's voice years later as the unseen actress (Carol Ann Susi) who played Howard's mom Debbie Wolowitz. She died in 2014.

by Anonymousreply 43September 22, 2017 9:55 AM

Shrinkage!

by Anonymousreply 44September 22, 2017 9:56 AM

"Mrs. Seinfeld, I am begging you, put the air conditioning on."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 22, 2017 10:53 AM

The Shoes with Gail Cunningham

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 22, 2017 11:34 AM

R45 that was STELLA!! Anything with Jerry's or George's parents were great too. The Show about nothing was good where Elaine was trying to seduce the NBC exec. "Do you have a ketchup secret??"

That said, the show really declined after Larry David left and Jerry started writing more. It was very forced. Like most shows it had about 4 really good seasons.

by Anonymousreply 47September 22, 2017 11:39 AM

Another vote for the bizarro world ep.

Also anything with Mr. Pitt in it.

by Anonymousreply 48September 22, 2017 11:44 AM

I loved the earlier episodes (season 3) when they were actually telling comedic story arcs surrounding writing the NBC pilot/the crazed clown.

The later episodes, especially after LD left, always felt disjointed and forced.

by Anonymousreply 49September 22, 2017 11:54 AM

The Rage-a-holics episode with James Spader. This is also the episode where Elaine's coworker basically calls Elaine a slut ("you seem to sleep with a lot of different men") and Elaine finds out Puddy is a germaphobe.

Almost 20 years since the series ended and I still love this show.

by Anonymousreply 50September 22, 2017 11:58 AM

"It moved."

The Bro, or Manssiere

Kramer's modelling career. His buttocks are sublime!

by Anonymousreply 51September 22, 2017 12:06 PM

When sexy Peterman went crazy. "It's the yam-yam, Elaine."

by Anonymousreply 52September 22, 2017 12:08 PM

This sequence from "The Busboy," where Elaine is trying to get rid of the boyfriend staying in her apartment. She is supposed to drive them to the airport, and they wake up late. JLD does a manic bit of trying to get him packed and out, including a moment when she's sort of running in place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 22, 2017 12:10 PM

The pen that writes upside down, same episode as Elaine begging for air conditioning and Uncle Leo and his wife, Stella, plus "So where's the pen," as said by Ann Morgan Guilbert (Millie from the Dick Van Dyke Show):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 22, 2017 12:17 PM

The one where Jerry buys a Cadillac for his parents and Morty ends up getting kicked off the condo board. It had the Nixon ending, just perfect.

Also "The sea was angry that day, my friend"

by Anonymousreply 55September 22, 2017 12:23 PM

The low talker / puffy shirt.

The barking dog.

by Anonymousreply 56September 22, 2017 12:29 PM

Another vote for Donna Chang in "The Chinese Woman." That whole episode is so hilarious and silly. "I'm not going to take advice from some girl from Long Island!"

Another top favorite is "The Chicken Roaster" where Elaine takes over the catalogue after Peterman loses his mind. Elaine tries to explain away her personal purchases to the CFO, Mr. Ipswich, but needs to travel to Burma for Peterman to personally approve her purchase of the rat hat.

by Anonymousreply 57September 22, 2017 12:33 PM

When the gang winds-up staying with Jerry's parents in Boca, it has everything...

Elaine on the floor begging the parents to turn on the A/C, but they're afraid of the thermostat!

The "NASA Pen" , early bird specials, the Cadillac, the crippling bar in the fold-out couch, and of course the crazy characters of the retirement complex.

No one living is funnier than Larry David.

"Only two types of people where sunglasses indoors, the blind, and ASSHOLES!"

by Anonymousreply 58September 22, 2017 12:45 PM

R58, and Stella!!

by Anonymousreply 59September 22, 2017 12:46 PM

"The Library"

Philip Baker Hall as Bookman, the library cop.

"Can't Stand Ya"

The Atomic Wedgie

Pee-pees and wee-wees in The Cat in the Hat and The Five Chinese Brothers

by Anonymousreply 60September 22, 2017 12:47 PM

More favorite Elaine moments: "You sold us a hair with a cake around it." "I don't like this thing. And here's what I'm doing with it." And her crazy internal monologue when the subway stops and the power goes off.

by Anonymousreply 61September 22, 2017 12:55 PM

The show would have never worked without JLD.

by Anonymousreply 62September 22, 2017 1:15 PM

Opposite George

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63September 22, 2017 1:34 PM

"I think he converted to Judaism just for the jokes."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 22, 2017 1:35 PM

No soap for you.

Sponge worthy

by Anonymousreply 65September 22, 2017 1:38 PM

The Chinese Restaurant

by Anonymousreply 66September 22, 2017 2:10 PM

The parking garage when they can't remember where the car is.

Also Puddy on the airplane, where he just sits and stares straight ahead and drives Elaine crazy.

by Anonymousreply 67September 22, 2017 2:14 PM

The Hamptons.

Ugly baby. Shrinkage. George plants lobster in his gfs eggs. Kramer does time for stealing the lobster, by picking up garbage on the highway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 22, 2017 2:19 PM

No love for Cedric and Bob, the hostile homosexual couple? They were like the original Dataloungers. I loved how, despite being queeny as all get out, they were considered tough and feared by everyone else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 22, 2017 2:25 PM

The episode where Jerry dated the woman(Tracy Nelson) who looked like him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 22, 2017 2:34 PM

Bubble Boy and the Moops!

by Anonymousreply 71September 22, 2017 2:37 PM

George becomes a hand model and flirts with the Sheryl Lee lookalike.

by Anonymousreply 72September 22, 2017 2:37 PM

There was the "close talker" episode as well as the "low talker" one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 22, 2017 2:41 PM

R69 I love you!

by Anonymousreply 74September 22, 2017 3:14 PM

R43, my favorite scene from that episode. I've used the clip a number of times on message boards when someone comes in with a ridiculous argument and just makes a fool of themselves.

I love that "Vandaley Industries" and George wanting to be an architect was a running gag on the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 22, 2017 5:30 PM

"He took... (huh huh) it out."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 22, 2017 5:45 PM

The nipple. This episode also had the excellent subplot of Kramer becoming a Calvin Klein model: "His buttocks are sublime!" And the debate about nose-picking and "nostril penetration."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77September 22, 2017 5:51 PM

It's a more obscure one, but I always loved the ep where Jerry, Kramer and Newman become convinced that Jerry's accountant is a cokehead. The scene where Kramer goes undercover is the best!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78September 22, 2017 6:05 PM

R43, yes that episode where George dates the daughter is hysterical. And that is only the B plot line of the famous Keith Hernandez episode!

The employment officer .... I love the way she plays with her hair in sort of embarrassed way when George first notices the photo on her desk and remarks that her daughter is pretty.

by Anonymousreply 79September 22, 2017 6:06 PM

R68, I was once in the pre op area, waiting for surgery, duh!!!, and the tv was on. It was the "Shrinkage" ep of Seinfeld.

How can I say this...I knew everything would be okay with my surgery if the famous Shrinkage episode of Seinfeld was on the tv?

It was vastly comforting.

by Anonymousreply 80September 22, 2017 6:09 PM

R62, I know JLD added just the right bit of class and paranoia to the show.

And if you had just seen her on SNL when she was on that show, you would think she was not so talented!

by Anonymousreply 81September 22, 2017 6:11 PM

R48, loved Mr. Pitt!

My favorites - Elaine unable to find a pair of socks that meets with his approval.

and - Mr. Pitt starts a craze of eating a Milky Bar with a knife and fork.

by Anonymousreply 82September 22, 2017 6:15 PM

R78, good one. For some reason that reminded me of another great Kramer episode: the skinny jeans (and this was before they were back in style).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83September 22, 2017 6:16 PM

Which in turn reminded me of the puffy shirt (and the low-talker).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 22, 2017 6:16 PM

Jerrry becomes Kramer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85September 22, 2017 6:18 PM

The one where Kramer is riding around in Newman's Post Office truck with him.

And the one with George and Susan's parents in the Central Park horse-drawn carriage.

Are they the same episode?

by Anonymousreply 86September 22, 2017 6:21 PM

Frank Costanza: "Welcome, newcomers. The tradition of Festivus begins with the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people! And now you're gonna hear about it!"

by Anonymousreply 87September 22, 2017 6:21 PM

The Central Park horse drawn carriage one is the Marble Rye one, R86. It is also the one where Elaine's sax playing boyfriend doesn't like to go down on her.

by Anonymousreply 88September 22, 2017 6:22 PM

The Kenny Rogers Roasters episode, with the rat hat.

by Anonymousreply 89September 22, 2017 6:23 PM

Loved the ones that show George Steinbrenner talking from behind.

I still call "Tysons Chicken" "Tyler Chicken".

by Anonymousreply 90September 22, 2017 6:23 PM

R87, the Festivus episode is a classic.

And Tracy Letts plays one of the OTB guys who wants to date Elaine!

by Anonymousreply 91September 22, 2017 6:24 PM

The Calzone episode.

by Anonymousreply 92September 22, 2017 6:25 PM

The "Easy Bake Oven" episode where they drug Jerry's girlfriend with spiked wine and then proceed to play with all her vintage toys even making little cakes in the Easy Bake Oven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93September 22, 2017 6:26 PM

R89, that's where the clip from R85 is from.

I had the exact same irrational hysterical laughter response as Elaine when I first saw this. This episode also has probably the best exchange from the series: "But I have hand!" "You're gonna need it."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94September 22, 2017 6:30 PM

People called me "Elaine" for a couple of days after I saw "The English Patient." I found it so boring, I slept through half of it.

by Anonymousreply 95September 22, 2017 6:38 PM

I think the Easy Bake oven episode is also the one where Kramer sets up the talk show set in his apartment and when people visit they become 'guests' on the show. It starts off classy but then goes all Jerry Springer when the girl finds out Jerry drugged her and confronts him 'on air', while Newman chortles and says 'You go girl!'. Love that one. In fact reading this, they all have their magical moments. Another vote too for the Bad Breaker Upperer, which is also the Andrea Doria one. So much in one episode.

by Anonymousreply 96September 22, 2017 6:59 PM

I love the episode where George starts acting touch to impress a female employee who works for Elaine.

The Laugh out loud climax has the famous 'you want a piece of me" from Frank Costanza.

by Anonymousreply 97September 22, 2017 7:00 PM

R96, yes I forgot about the Andrea Doria!!

by Anonymousreply 98September 22, 2017 7:01 PM

I always thought that Seinfeld had more credibility as a show about sex (and dating) and life in NYC than "Sex and the City" did!!

by Anonymousreply 99September 22, 2017 7:04 PM

I know people don't like the show after Larry D left. But I remember laughing out loud at some of those episodes when they were first on.

For example, there was one where George pretends to be disabled that was hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 100September 22, 2017 7:05 PM

The Visa. George is dating a woman who finds him funny. He get a complex when he introduces her to Jerry because of course Jerry will seem even funnier. So to assuage George, Jerry pretends to be the depressed morose type leading, of course, to this (and, of course, it backfires when she falls for Jerry because he's so deep):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 22, 2017 7:26 PM

Any of the ones with Mickey, the little person. When Kramer and Mickey are fighting over their dates at the restaurant, too funny. Also when Mickey gets caught heightening. "I was standing in for Punky Brewster when all of youse was nothing!"

by Anonymousreply 102September 22, 2017 7:34 PM

R102, I love that one where Mickey and Kramer can't decide which girl is with which guy. And that ep is the famous Yada Yada/converting to Judaism just for the jokes episode!!

I love when Kramer says, in the restaurant, 'My aunt has been ill of late." Just to distinguish him from Mickey.

by Anonymousreply 103September 22, 2017 7:40 PM

The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat one is good too.

Jerry is unable to return his jacket "just for spite."

by Anonymousreply 104September 22, 2017 7:51 PM

The Library episode where Philip Baker Hall delivers this monologue: "Yeah '71, that was my first year on the job. Bad year for libraries. Bad year for America. Hippies burning library cards, Abby Hoffman telling everybody to steal books. I don't judge a man by the length of his hair or the kind of music he listens to. Rock was never my bag. But you put on a pair of shoes when you walk into the New York Public Library, fella."

by Anonymousreply 105September 22, 2017 8:02 PM

Frank Costanza at the Festivus dinner table, which includes George's current boss, Mr. Krueger.

Frank, barking at Mr. Krueger: Krueger, my son tells me your company stinks!!! Krueger, you couldn't smooth a silk sheet with a hot babe..........I've lost my train of thought.

by Anonymousreply 106September 22, 2017 8:03 PM

George Costanza, "I have a bad feeling that whenever a lesbian looks at me they think “That’s why I’m not a heterosexual.""

by Anonymousreply 107September 22, 2017 8:03 PM

The Kathy Griffin episodes were not my favorites.....but interesting that her stand up act is exactly how she depicts it in Seinfeld.

by Anonymousreply 108September 22, 2017 8:04 PM

Kramer has to fire Raquel Welch.

by Anonymousreply 109September 22, 2017 8:06 PM

George is caught eating an eclair out of the trash.

by Anonymousreply 110September 22, 2017 8:06 PM

Elaine dates a guy named Joel Rifkin, a notorious serial killer.

The scene where the two of them are arguing over what new name Joel should select is crazy funny.

by Anonymousreply 111September 22, 2017 8:08 PM

R107, I love George's line "I drive women to lesbianism and he (Kramer) brings them back."

I also love the episode where Kramer's appeal to the opposite sex is explained; he has "Kavorka" which is "the lure of the animal." That is the episode where a Latvian Orthodox nun falls for him.

by Anonymousreply 112September 22, 2017 8:10 PM

The Jacket episode where Jerry buys an expensive suede jacket and has dinner with Elaine's father, Alton (Lawrence Tierney), a war veteran and writer. Alton makes Jerry and George very uncomfortable. Elaine is delayed and Jerry and George are stuck with Alton waiting for her at the hotel. George keeps singing a line from Les Mis and Alton barks at him, "Pipe down, Choir boy!"

by Anonymousreply 113September 22, 2017 8:11 PM

The Germaphobe one is a classic. James Spader in the ice cream shop is a hoot.

by Anonymousreply 114September 22, 2017 8:13 PM

Elaine being called Suzy at work.

Then they have a funeral for "Suzy" and Mr. Peterman claims he once slept with Suzy.

by Anonymousreply 115September 22, 2017 8:15 PM

Elaine is caught on the security cam eating Mr. Peterman's piece of cake from the wedding of the Duke of Windsor and Wallis Simpson.

"He has a polyp on his duodenum. It's benign, but still a bastard!"

by Anonymousreply 116September 22, 2017 8:17 PM

Elaine and George find they have nothing to talk about when they are alone, sans Jerry. Except make fun of Jerry.

That was one from the early seasons.

by Anonymousreply 117September 22, 2017 8:21 PM

The one with the chewing gum from Chinatown that tastes kind of "Lo Meiny."

by Anonymousreply 118September 22, 2017 8:22 PM

The one where Elaine discovers that Puddy's car radio is set to nothing but Christian stations.

Elaine: Is it a problem for you that I'm not religious?

Puddy: No.

Elaine: Why not?

David Puddy: I'm not the one going to hell.

by Anonymousreply 119September 22, 2017 8:22 PM

R119, so many great Puddy and Elaine moments.

"We are broken up for the rest of the day!!"

"I am spending the night, and then we are going to cuddle!"

by Anonymousreply 120September 22, 2017 8:25 PM

Jerry buys a car.

George has problems with the candy machine. Kramer takes a test drive with the salesman and makes them run out of gas.

"Do you have my card?"

by Anonymousreply 121September 22, 2017 8:26 PM

"I'll be back, we'll make out."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122September 22, 2017 8:27 PM

Puddy helps Kramer install a garbage disposal in Kramer's shower.

"It's a typo.'

That is also the famous Germaphobe episode.

by Anonymousreply 123September 22, 2017 8:28 PM

Kramer's black market shower head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124September 22, 2017 8:30 PM

Kramer drives a fire engine, George kills Peterman's mother, and Elaine dates a guy because she is intrigued that he can't remember her.

by Anonymousreply 125September 22, 2017 8:32 PM

There is one 'beginning" to an episode that actually has nothing to do with the episode itself.

Might be the one with returning the book that had been in the bathroom.

Anyhow, they show Kramer alone in Jerry's apt for a few hours in the evening and how he:; cooks food, rearranges all the furniture, has a sophisticated soiree, etc. All in a few hours! Hysterical!

by Anonymousreply 126September 22, 2017 8:34 PM

Shrinkage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127September 22, 2017 8:37 PM

"The Little Kicks"

Elaine dances terribly at her office party, and her co-workers scorn her. She thinks they are scorning her because she brought George along to the party. She tells her co-workers to stay away from George, and this makes one of her co-workers, a very attractive blonde, think that she's warning them about George because he's a "bad boy." The blonde (played by Rebecca McFarland) had previously rejected George, but now that she thinks he's a bad boy, she is aroused by him.

Eventually Elaine is made to realize by Jerry and Kramer that the dancing is what made people lose respect for her. She explains to the blonde that George is actually a good guy, and this makes the blonde lose all desire for George.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128September 22, 2017 8:46 PM

Kramer gets a "job."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129September 22, 2017 8:51 PM

SERENITY NOW!

by Anonymousreply 130September 22, 2017 8:53 PM

Mulva?...

(I've wasted a whole work day watching Seinfeld clips.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131September 22, 2017 8:58 PM

Bubble Boy, total asshole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132September 22, 2017 9:05 PM

Teri Hatcher and her boobs.

by Anonymousreply 133September 22, 2017 9:19 PM

Also love that the Mulva ep has Junior Mints!

by Anonymousreply 134September 22, 2017 9:19 PM

George being fired from his volunteer job because of his Debbie downer attitude . George rubbing his head in oil on the Senegalese aide.

by Anonymousreply 135September 22, 2017 9:30 PM

Elaine thinks she's dating a black, and he thinks she's Hispanic...

by Anonymousreply 136September 22, 2017 9:50 PM

[R109] that was also the episode where Elaine gets in to a fight with the women she works with who doesn't move her arms because Elaine was making fun of her, and then she ultimatly gets into a Psychical fight with Raquel Welch

by Anonymousreply 137September 22, 2017 9:57 PM

Uncle Leo's magic marker eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 138September 22, 2017 10:04 PM

Speed dial war on Jerry's girlfriend's phone!

by Anonymousreply 139September 22, 2017 10:09 PM

I adore the way the Adonis Uncle Leo says, "Helllooo! "

by Anonymousreply 140September 22, 2017 10:12 PM

"The Opera", featuring my favorite auxiliary Seinfeld character, the one and only Crazy Joe Divola. So much good in that ep!

by Anonymousreply 141September 22, 2017 10:12 PM

Sally Weaver.

by Anonymousreply 142September 22, 2017 10:13 PM

He's got a hair on his tongue, and Jerry put it there!

by Anonymousreply 143September 22, 2017 10:14 PM

The whole multi-episode arc with Joe Davola the killer clown, and Elaine's manipulative psychiatrist boyfriend, is sublimely strange and funny. Larry David at his weirdest.

"Hello, Bobo. Yes, Bobo."

by Anonymousreply 144September 22, 2017 10:15 PM

When George goes to get a massage, and he's all freaked out because it's a male massage therapist. Hilarious examination of homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 145September 22, 2017 10:17 PM

R144, that shrink guy was amazing!

by Anonymousreply 146September 22, 2017 10:19 PM

You can do it, and you will do it!

Elaine, do you remember your dream, where you had a sexual encounter with a Chinese woman?

Elaine, have you been urinating a lot again?

by Anonymousreply 147September 22, 2017 10:47 PM

R147. He was a handsome son of a gun, that actor.

Also love how suave he was when Kramer offered him one of his Cuban cigars!

by Anonymousreply 148September 22, 2017 10:50 PM

R147 Stephen McHattie, who I thought I read was in mother!

Elaine went on vacay with him in one ep. I was thinking they went to Tuscany, but she went with "The Maestro", another great auxiliary character.

I should say the Maestro, aka Bob Cobb

by Anonymousreply 149September 22, 2017 11:13 PM

I like The Old Man episode. The old man's bitterness is almost on par with an elder DLer. Also love the goiter that is like a second head in the same episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150September 22, 2017 11:21 PM

The ep where Elaine, George and Kramer kidnap the annoying barking dog which is keeping Elaine up all night. The dog with the loud bark ends up being a tiny little thing, think it was Yorkie? They proceed to drive the dog way out into the suburbs, then, of course, the dogs makes it's way back to the city, notifier having a bit of Kramer's ripped shirt in it's mouth.

Most of Kramer's shirts looked like they were from Reminiscence.

by Anonymousreply 151September 22, 2017 11:32 PM

What was the episode when Newman's postal truck goes on fire? Was that the one where Newman and Kramer were accumulating empty cans for something?

Whatever they were doing, Newman in that truck was hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 152September 22, 2017 11:34 PM

R152, I think that's The Pothole, the one where Kramer adopts a highway and changes his section from a 4 lane to a 2 lane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153September 22, 2017 11:49 PM

I loved the one when Kramer found the old Merv Griffin Show set and started having his own show in the apartment. But they are mostly all funny (and clever) IMO. Loved Larry David as the voice of George Steinbrenner.

by Anonymousreply 154September 22, 2017 11:57 PM

Loved Larry David as Frank Costanza's mysteriously black caped divorce attorney!

by Anonymousreply 155September 23, 2017 12:43 AM

Not an episode, but the running gag with Rochelle, Rochelle was great. First it's a movie they go to see, then it's a Video George rents and loses, and finally it's been turned into Broadway Musical with Bette Midler.

by Anonymousreply 156September 23, 2017 1:43 AM

That was weird. I meant to write Rochelle, Rochelle, no idea how it turned into [...] [...]

by Anonymousreply 157September 23, 2017 1:45 AM

My favorite running joke is how everyone disparages "Jerry's" observational comedy and his stand up career.

by Anonymousreply 158September 23, 2017 1:47 AM

R158, and says that he needs some new material.

by Anonymousreply 159September 23, 2017 2:27 AM

I love the one with Roy Braun, where he just gets out of the mental hospital, and Kramer tries desperately to make him think that he's not crazy.

Elaine becomes a slut, Jerry wears glasses, and George's childhood friend keeps insisting that he belongs in a sanitarium. I think that's the one where George accuses the cashier of stealing his 20 dollar bill.

That one always cracks me up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160September 23, 2017 3:18 AM

R157 It was because a certain Las Vegas maid uses R O H E L L E as a last name and that name is banned. Usually after a mod reads the post and sees that it is not malicious, they restore the post and take away the brackets.

by Anonymousreply 161September 23, 2017 3:37 AM

The episode where Elaine was bitten by a dog!

She she's a doctor for her being bitten by a dog; the doctor is elderly, apparently 'hard of hearing.' While in the doctor's examining room, and while the doctor is assessing her injury, she tells the doctor she needs a 'shot' to address said dog bite.

The doctor immediately yells at her, "WOOF-WOOF! NOT 'BANG-BANG'!"

by Anonymousreply 162September 23, 2017 3:41 AM

none

by Anonymousreply 163September 23, 2017 3:42 AM

It's Lloyd Braun.

by Anonymousreply 164September 23, 2017 3:47 AM

I don't have a square to spare.

by Anonymousreply 165September 23, 2017 4:01 AM

The car with B.O.

by Anonymousreply 166September 23, 2017 4:23 AM

Dreyfus' fresh acting kept the series afloat for the last 3 series... Elaine became a looser woman during the progression of the series, but Julia's acting sure did not! The male lead actors (except for George) became lazy during the latter seasons, especially Jerry whose self-aware approach was getting tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 167September 23, 2017 4:40 AM

"Rebecca De Mornay" gives it to the gang.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168September 23, 2017 4:45 AM

The pen (air conditioning) has long been a favorite of mine. JLD is hilarious and Jerry's parents are perfect in their OCD retirement.

by Anonymousreply 169September 23, 2017 4:46 AM

Lloyd Braun, serenity now, Jerry and those huge glasses and the case of gum.

George and his toupee, with Jon Lovitz.

*You're rejecting a woman because she's bald!?!!;?" Love it when Elaine pulls the toupee off his head and throws it out the window.

The Opera episode with crazy Joe Davolla, Kramer scalping tickets in the alley, the confrontation with Davolla "you still scared of clowns?"

And one of my favorite lines from that episode (and the entire series). "I like to encourage intruders".

by Anonymousreply 170September 23, 2017 5:11 AM

[quote]She she's a doctor for her being bitten by a dog; the doctor is elderly, apparently 'hard of hearing.' While in the doctor's examining room, and while the doctor is assessing her injury, she tells the doctor she needs a 'shot' to address said dog bite. The doctor immediately yells at her, "WOOF-WOOF! NOT 'BANG-BANG'!"

No, the doctor wasn't old, he was a foreigner, he didn't appear to have a great command of English, the doctor looked Mid-Eastern.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171September 23, 2017 5:21 AM

Jon Favreau as Eric the angry kids party 🤡 clown.

"You're stuck on some clown from the 60's man"

George pushing old ladies and kids out of the way to escape a small apartment fire.

by Anonymousreply 172September 23, 2017 5:24 AM

Man hands was fucking hilarious.. Cracks the lobster with bare hands and also grabs an eyelash I believe....

by Anonymousreply 173September 23, 2017 5:27 AM

Rebecca De Mornay at Bretano's! Fantastic!

"You get your toilet book out of here and I won't jump over the counter and punch you in the brain!" I LOVE it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174September 23, 2017 5:29 AM

Whoops, I meant Rebecca De Mornay was at the thrift shop where George was trying to donate the Brentano's art book!

RIP Brentano's, I loved that bookstore.

by Anonymousreply 175September 23, 2017 5:33 AM

The spot on the cashmere sweater.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176September 23, 2017 5:34 AM

Megan Mullally guest starred on the episode where George wanted to get his airfare costs discounted because of her relatives death. What a cheap bastard!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177September 23, 2017 5:38 AM

You double dipped that chip!

by Anonymousreply 178September 23, 2017 5:49 AM

This thread made me smile. I almost wanted to run out and buy the collection for a moment. Til I remembered Michael Richardson in a comedy club. And the stories online about Seinfeld being a total dink. He ripped the shit out of someone that accidently nicked one of his cars in real life didn't he.

I'm not supporting his lifestyle. I was in Vegas when he first got big, and saw a sign up on the wall about an appearance of his. The tickets were near $500 each.

The only one I have respect for is Julia Louis Dreyfus. She inherited a billion dollars+ and has never been in the media acting like a dink like Seinfeld has.

by Anonymousreply 179September 23, 2017 6:41 AM

The Suzie.

by Anonymousreply 180September 23, 2017 7:24 AM

OMG, there is a show early on where Elaine's neurotic but attractive friend Cynthia dates George. Cynthia is played by Maggie Wheeler, who is great in the role.

Well, the same Maggie Wheeler played the highly annoying Janice in FRIENDS. Janice was so irritating...I might have thought that this Maggie W. must be untalented....

Which made me think that SEINFELD must be a much better show than FRIENDS.

by Anonymousreply 181September 23, 2017 7:31 AM

They are real and there're spectacular

by Anonymousreply 182September 23, 2017 8:29 AM

I cook naked... I clean naked... I drive naked...

by Anonymousreply 183September 23, 2017 9:26 AM

[quote] The male lead actors (except for George) became lazy during the latter seasons, especially Jerry whose self-aware approach was getting tiresome

I think that's why Jerry decided to end the series.

The show could easily have continued for more seasons, but he knew it was getting stale, and I think that he was self-aware enough to know when to end it. That was totally the right decision.

by Anonymousreply 184September 23, 2017 1:15 PM

Can't remember the episode, but the storyline that has Kramer driving a bus. Jerry "You kept making the stops?" Kramer "Well people kept ringing the bell!"

by Anonymousreply 185September 23, 2017 2:04 PM

Haha R185 that was the one with Toby the maniac who kept saying, "that's so great! really, really great!!!"

Toby was the one who heckled Jerry during his act, and so to get revenge, he heckled her at work. Then she ran out of the office and something cut off her pinky toe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186September 23, 2017 2:14 PM

That episode with George and the fire was the same episode as the pinky toe.

Also the same episode with Eric the Clown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187September 23, 2017 2:15 PM

The sea was angry that day.....

by Anonymousreply 188September 23, 2017 9:06 PM

The episode where Elaine made fun of how a psycho co-worker walked. The co-worker was played brilliantly by Molly Shannon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189September 23, 2017 9:11 PM

You may think you're an idiot. But with all due respect, *I* am the bigger idiot.

by Anonymousreply 190September 23, 2017 9:27 PM

I love that naked episode when Jerry's girlfriend du jour was naked in his apartment fixing a bike, then opening a pickle jar, then coughing. The dialogue was hilarious:

George, (at Monk's with Jerry): "So she coughed."

Jerry: "Coughing... naked... It's a turn-off, man."

George: "Everything goes with naked."

Jerry: "When you cough, there are thousands of unseen muscles that suddenly spring into action. It's like watching that fat guy catch a cannonball in his stomach in slow motion."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191September 23, 2017 9:33 PM

Wasn't she is cleaning lady first? A naked cleaning lady.

by Anonymousreply 192September 23, 2017 10:40 PM

I'm the 212 people who had sex with these horrible people during the course of the series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193September 23, 2017 10:46 PM

R193, Kramer's number seems low!

by Anonymousreply 194September 23, 2017 11:17 PM

Mr Bookman, library detective.

"Bad year for libraries, bad year for America...Well let me tell you something funny boy.."

Jerry trying so hard not to laugh. Bookman cheers me up when shit is bad.

"Maybe that's how you get your kicks, you and your good time buddies!"

Also the one where Elaine is The Queen of Confrontation, when Elaine SCREAMS at the dog, When Elaine tells Jerry, "Every time I think you're the most shallow man on earth, you manage to drain a little more out of the pool."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195September 24, 2017 3:39 AM

What about the long running "get out" thing Elaine does as she shoves Jerry?!?!

by Anonymousreply 196September 24, 2017 5:07 AM

Here are the people from SNL who have been guest stars on the show over the years:

Molly Shannon - the Elaine coworker who doesn't know who to swing her arms when she walks Jon Lovitz - I can't remember Ana Gasteyer - one unfunny line in the Soup Nazi episode! Rob Schneider - the guy that Elaine thinks is faking deafness Siiobhan Fallon - a Kramer girlfriend

by Anonymousreply 197September 24, 2017 5:51 AM

Love the scene where Elaine calls in and correctly IDs the name of the swing band song playing on the radio, thus winning Mr. Pitt a close up visit with the Woody Woodpecker float in the Macy's parade. "Next Stop Pottersville! Next Stop Pottersville!" he shouts, running back and forth excitedly.

And the ep where Elaine and Mr. Pitt first meet. He sees Elaine with dark glasses on and thinks she has grace, like Jackie O.

by Anonymousreply 198September 24, 2017 6:33 AM

Jon Lovitz never had cancer. Well, see ya!

by Anonymousreply 199September 24, 2017 6:38 AM

R198, I love that episode too - when Mr Pitt first meets Elaine.

Love the subplot where she can't find him socks that meet his approval.

Love how she tells Jerry on the phone, "I can't go."

Love her interview, when she says "I have no chance of getting this job" and then she shakes hands politely with her interviewer!

by Anonymousreply 200September 24, 2017 8:00 AM

"the heat..... my God the heat!"

by Anonymousreply 201September 25, 2017 1:46 AM

R157! Get out!

by Anonymousreply 202September 25, 2017 3:52 AM

Mr. Peterman telling Elaine that she has osteoporosis. Totally ridiculous that he would get her medical info over the phone, totally ridic. because it is diagnosed by a bone scan not a blood test, but still funny as all hell!

by Anonymousreply 203September 25, 2017 6:28 AM

Jerry, George, and Elaine all watching 'Melrose Place' together. I think that is also the ep where Elaine convinces her gay friend to sleep with her!

by Anonymousreply 204September 25, 2017 6:31 AM

I'm sure it's been mentioned but the one with Dan Cortese as Elaine's boyfriend who George has a "non sexual crush" on. I appreciated Cortese for essentially laughing at his real-life "mimbo" image by portraying that character.

There's a very small scene in an episode where George buys new glasses and, unknown to him, they're Gloria Vanderbilt ladies glasses. He's back at Jerry's apartment eating pretzels and Kramer casually asks him "may I have one of those, Madam" George asks him why he said that, and Kramer explains that George is wearing ladies glasses and George freaks out. That line reading is what kills me - "may I have one of those, Madam?"

by Anonymousreply 205September 25, 2017 7:14 AM

OMG, R144, yes! That psychiatrist boyfriend was sublime - creepy, yet funny. "You can, and you will." That is a really strange arch.

by Anonymousreply 206September 25, 2017 7:17 AM

R198, I love that too, with the book editor explaining to Elaine that you can't have a little grace. "And you can't acquire grace."

by Anonymousreply 207September 25, 2017 11:46 AM

There are a surprising number of episode from the last two seasons here. I think they kinda suck.

The best episode is The Pie. There are so many classic things in that one.

"I guess now we know who the psycho is" "We certainly do"

A guy sees Elaine and realizes she looks exactly like a maniquin in a store down the street.

George finds a suit he wants, and the female store clerk is rude to Elaine.

"Did you just roll your eyes at him about me? If anyone should be rolling their eyes here it is ME at HIM about YOU!"

George tries to hide the suit, and the sales clerk tells someone else about a "secret sale"

"For a secret sale you're doing an awful lotta yappin' about it!"

Jerry witnesses Poppie come out of the stall in the rest room, and not wash his hands in his restaurant.

"Poppie is a little sloppy"

George buys the suit and it has a "wooosh"

And that's a partial list. So much great stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208September 25, 2017 12:33 PM

Peterman is awesome but I agree that Justin Pitt is Elaine's best boss.

by Anonymousreply 209September 25, 2017 1:55 PM

My favorite was the secret Seinfeld episode that was part of the finale for Curb Your Enthusiasm several years back, which I hear is being resurrected for a new season. The show acknowledged the network finale sucked and they decided to shoot another one. It also showed the cast doing a script read through prior. It was amazing seeing Jason Alexander go into character mode when it was his turn to read. This is a must see for any Seinfeld fan, even if your not into the CYE series.

by Anonymousreply 210September 25, 2017 2:23 PM

What about that wonderful scene on the subway in "The Cigar Store Indian," when (I think) Elaine is reading TV Guide on the subway, and the strange man - a Datalounger? - tells her, "See, on this particular Tuesday you could've watched six hours of Lucy. There's I Love Lucy, The Lucy Show, Here's Lucy!"

by Anonymousreply 211September 25, 2017 3:01 PM

The "Seinfeld" Curb Your Enthusiasm episode is fucking genius. For many reasons, but especially Jason Alexander playing the self-righteous ass version of himself with his book, Acting Without Acting.

And George's iToilet app, which was a perfect callback to a really funny conversation between him and Jerry in an early episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212September 25, 2017 3:08 PM

And the callback:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213September 25, 2017 3:08 PM

Having said that, Acting Without Acting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214September 25, 2017 3:13 PM

(R214) Speaking of Jason Alexander playing the "self righteous version of himself" and I don't want to hijack this thread with Curb Your Enthusiasm discussion, but I need to say, I also loved the "Producers" story line which was the prior season finale which featured Ben Stiller and David Schwimmer as Larry David's reluctant co stars. Many stars who did cameos on the show played complete a hole versions of themselves, but those two did an outstanding job of it. It was absolutely hilarious seeing them unsuccessfully try to hide their disdain for Larry David as well as their bewilderment that he was cast to play the Nathan Lane role to their Mathew Broderick role on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 215September 25, 2017 6:02 PM

The Little Jerry where they train Kramer's pet rooster to cockfight

'It's 3am and I'm at a cickfight... what an I clinging to?'

by Anonymousreply 216September 25, 2017 6:27 PM

R215, that was great. My favorite Larry nemesis is Susie, but a close second is Marty Funkhauser.

Back to Seinfeld, an early episode where George gets pissed at his boss and quits his job. He immediately regrets it. Jerry convinces him to just show up to work Monday morning like nothing happened. Apparently Larry David did something similar at SNL.

And then a later episode where Kramer is mistaken for an employee at a company, shows up every day like it's a real job, and is then fired for being totally incompetent. That's where the clip from R129 is from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217September 25, 2017 6:49 PM

Someone used a clip from that episode where George regrets quitting his job to illustrate the fallout from Brexit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218September 25, 2017 6:51 PM

The Puffy Shirt

"......but it's all.....puffed up!"

by Anonymousreply 219September 25, 2017 6:55 PM

Master of your domain. Kramer lasted just 5 minutes and comes storming in, slapping down the money. Perfect comedic timing and hilarious. In the same vein, the episode where George is a genius as long as he's unable to score, while Elaine is dumb as fuck without it.

by Anonymousreply 220September 25, 2017 7:00 PM

Sergio Mendez has a cult following...

He can't even go to the bathroom in South America!

by Anonymousreply 221September 25, 2017 7:02 PM

I loved the episode where George accidentally burns down fiance Susan's family country cabin, however they somehow salvage a box love letters detailing an affair between Susan's father and novelist John Cheever. Susan reads one aloud before her father enters the room and snatches the box. He describes Cheever as "the most wonderful person" he has ever known, and says that he "loved him deeply—in a way that you wouldn't understand!"

by Anonymousreply 222September 25, 2017 7:08 PM

George does not burn down the cabin, Kramer does..with a cigar.

Elaine had a urine test,not a blood test when peterman said she had osteoporosis.. The urine was from George's mom I believe. Some of you old queens are remembering incorrectly...

by Anonymousreply 223September 26, 2017 12:07 AM

"Some of you old queens are remembering incorrectly... "

Pot, kettle, etc.

Elaine got the urine sample from Jerry's mother.

by Anonymousreply 224September 26, 2017 12:19 AM

R224,, okay fine.

But Osteoporosis is not diagnosed through a urine sample!

by Anonymousreply 225September 26, 2017 1:22 AM

ELDER ASPIE ALERT

by Anonymousreply 226September 26, 2017 1:43 AM

(R223) No it isn't not remembering. It's referred to as misremembering. Didn't that innocent Brian Williams misremember teach us anything? He simply misremembered. End of story, put to bed, lights out, total v-i-n-d-i-c-a-t-i-o-n (mike drop, what the heck) Nothing to say? Yeah, I thought so.

by Anonymousreply 227September 26, 2017 4:04 AM

Dr Van Nostrand

by Anonymousreply 228September 26, 2017 4:53 AM

[quote]This thread made me smile. I almost wanted to run out and buy the collection for a moment. Til I remembered Michael Richardson in a comedy club. And the stories online about Seinfeld being a total dink. He ripped the shit out of someone that accidently nicked one of his cars in real life didn't he.

And don't forget that VILE douchebag Steve Bannon made millions being an early investor in the series, he still probably rakes in money from the reruns. The series makes billions in reruns.

"Exactly how much Bannon has earned from his stake in the show is not readily available, but consider this: the Financial Times reported in 2013 that “Seinfeld” had earned $3.1 billion in reruns. Even at one percent, that would mean Bannon & Co. would have made over $31 million since the show went off the air."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229September 26, 2017 5:05 AM

I've seen episodes 2, 3, and 4 of the new season of Curb. They are hysterical. They didn't miss a beat. And we sure need it.

by Anonymousreply 230September 26, 2017 5:06 AM

[quote] The parking garage when they can't remember where the car is.

That was the first episode I ever saw, and I immediately loved it.

by Anonymousreply 231September 26, 2017 7:57 AM

The garage episode was also the first episode I saw. It was so unfunny and uninteresting it was years before I watched again. But later I had to spend a summer in Pittsburgh and with nothing to do, one late afternoon I tuned in the "Elaine's spare a square" episode and I was totally hooked.

I still think the garage story is terrible though.

by Anonymousreply 232September 26, 2017 8:15 AM

As for the bit about Steve Bannon being an investor in Seinfeld: He may well be the most reprehensible man on earth, but the more I read about him and listen to him(since his exit from the WH) the smarter I realize he is.

Like I said, this is NOT meant to be complimentary, I am just giving an opinion.

by Anonymousreply 233September 26, 2017 8:56 AM

Bannon is brilliant. And dangerous. Trump was able to enact a harsher version of his travel ban by using a page right from Bannon's playbook. Distract them, get them fighting with each other, and do the thing you want while they're looking the other way. Bannon basically laid out his strategy, Democrats and all who oppose Trump would be wise to heed.

by Anonymousreply 234September 26, 2017 2:51 PM

R234 Bannon exhibits many traits of a psychopath. He would not be rich and powerful without above average intelligence, which he clearly possesses. But he is also a psychopath!

by Anonymousreply 235September 26, 2017 3:05 PM

I liked the episode where Kramer starts a touristy horse-drawn carriage business, offering rides/tours around the city. He has no idea what you're supposed to feed horses so he feeds them canned Beef-A-Roni. The bad diet causes the horses to fart all over the passengers. Good times.

by Anonymousreply 236September 26, 2017 3:12 PM

Bannon wrote the episode that never get some played in syndication where Kramer burns the Puerto Rican flag at the pride parade

by Anonymousreply 237September 26, 2017 3:20 PM

R236 — Actually, it was called Beef-A-Reeno (sp?), but you're right, the episode was hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 238September 26, 2017 6:48 PM

That's the same episode as the marble rye

by Anonymousreply 239September 26, 2017 7:50 PM

Haha R239, "Gimme the marble rye, you old bag!!!"

And that old lady lives in Del Boca Vista in Florida. She later remembers that Jerry mugged her for the marble rye, and she casts her vote to IMPEACH Jerry's dad as President of the condo association.

He then leaves the condo in disgrace, like Nixon.

That whole storyline was just too fuckin funny.

by Anonymousreply 240September 26, 2017 8:09 PM

Her memory is triggered at the impeachment hearing.

In response to her vote against impeachment, Jack Klompas says:

'I can't believe you got that OLD BAG!'

by Anonymousreply 241September 26, 2017 8:12 PM

Bannon did not get a writing credit on that episode, R237.

by Anonymousreply 242September 26, 2017 8:38 PM

You know that crazy bannon: he likes to work in the shadows

by Anonymousreply 243September 26, 2017 8:40 PM

The Marv Griffin Show had two of the best moments: George walking in and having that blank look on his face because he doesn't understand why everyone is sitting around the set of the MGS and when Jim Fowler asks "Where are the cameras?" during his "segment."

by Anonymousreply 244September 26, 2017 9:06 PM

I had pony! My brother had pony. My sister had pony.

by Anonymousreply 245September 26, 2017 9:25 PM

R239, it's also the "hot and heavy" episode when Elaine's boyfriend won't go down on her (and when he finally does, his sax playing sucks).

R236, the horse specifically farts on Susan's parents, spoiling George's anniversary gift and making them come back home sooner than expected. Which also ruins George's attempt at sneaking the rye into their apartment. One of many awesome moments when Susan's parents are disgusted by something George has said or done.

by Anonymousreply 246September 26, 2017 10:04 PM

Are any of you DL Seinfeld fans black? The only black comic who really loved the show(and was willing to cop to that) is Chris Rock.

I can understand why it would not be nearly as popular with AAs. After all, it really is a show about "white people problems." But if nothing else, if I were black, I think I would enjoy laughing at the WPPs.

by Anonymousreply 247September 26, 2017 11:04 PM

This show is so overrated. I watched a couple of episodes recently and just grated my nerves.

by Anonymousreply 248September 26, 2017 11:23 PM

Speaking of AA's and Seinfeld:

The episode where Kramer is dating a black woman. He's supposed to meet up with her at her parent's place, but before he goes, he decides to hit the tanning salon and overdoes it.

Father to daughter: You told me you was bringing home a white boy. I don't see no white boy. I see a damn fool!

by Anonymousreply 249September 26, 2017 11:26 PM

That's the one with courtenay Cox pretending to be Mrs Seinfeld for a dry cleaning discount.

Kramer fell asleep in the tanning booth because he couldn't sleep sans his quilt being held up at the cleaners

by Anonymousreply 250September 26, 2017 11:30 PM

Seinfeld had some awesome black characters.

My two favorites were Rebecca DeMornay and Jackie Chiles.

One of my favorites was when Kramer sued Sue Ellen Mischke the "bra-less wonder" for distracting him while driving and making him get into an accident.

Kramer almost won the case but at the last minute, Kramer's caddie told Jackie to have Sue Ellen Mischke try on the bra... and it didn't fit! Because she put it on over her leotard.

"If it doesn't fit, you must acquit!" hahaha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251September 26, 2017 11:42 PM

The braless wonder!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252September 26, 2017 11:43 PM

The one with the neighbor in the coma is an early classic.

Amazing dialogue in that one...

by Anonymousreply 253September 26, 2017 11:47 PM

^^ you CAN just loot the coma victim!

by Anonymousreply 254September 26, 2017 11:48 PM

My all time lol scene from any episode is the one where Elaine goes undercover to retrieve kramer's lucky jacket from the portly super of his mom's ex bf.

That super has to be a datalounger!

by Anonymousreply 255September 26, 2017 11:52 PM

This is the only time I was ever turned on in a Seinfeld episode.

It was when George and Jerry were supposedly a gay couple, and George gets "aroused" watching a male nurse give a patient a rubdown.

That was hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256September 26, 2017 11:55 PM

Wrong video at R256. This is the correct one from "The Outing."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257September 26, 2017 11:58 PM

Another good one was the "kiss hello."

Kramer takes a picture of everyone in the building and puts it on the wall with their name, so they can get to know each other.

The ladies all start to kiss jerry hello (which he hates), and he finally has enough and tells them to stop. Then they turn on him! Haha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258September 27, 2017 12:02 AM

I go out for a quart of milk and I come home to find my son treating his body like an amusement park!

by Anonymousreply 259September 27, 2017 12:03 AM

There is a "beginning" of one ep where Mrs. Costanza is playing Mah Jong.

Nice realistic touch!

by Anonymousreply 260October 9, 2017 6:45 PM

[quote]OMG the Keith Hernandez one is def. one of the best!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261October 9, 2017 9:26 PM

[quote]I call it, Bizarro World, I don't remember the actual title. It's the episode when Elaine becomes friends with a group of men who resemble Jerry, Kramer and George, but are the complete opposite personality-wise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262October 9, 2017 9:42 PM

It's difficult to pick just one favorite episode, there were plenty of those. There are, of course, also plenty memorable and/or hilarious scenes.

The scene with "Batman Kramer" is definitely up there.

Also, the episode from earlier seasons where Jerry and Elaine fixed up George and her friend, and Kramer gives George a condom, which he uses, only to find later that it's defective.

But really, they are too numerous to list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263October 28, 2017 8:34 PM

"The Opera" is on TBS right now. A classic!

by Anonymousreply 264October 28, 2017 11:08 PM

The time where Jerry is encouraged to talk dirty and instead says something weird to his date. He spends the whole episode hoping she doesn't tell Elaine, who she's friends with. The last line of the show, as Elaine leaves Jerry's apartment - 'her mother bought her some panties and they're all laid out for her.' And Jerry just freezes in horror ...

by Anonymousreply 265October 29, 2017 11:43 AM

Crazy Joe Davola.

by Anonymousreply 266October 9, 2018 11:22 AM

R263, the defective condom one was great.

And George's date was played by Maggie Wheeler, who was super funny as Cynthia.

Interestingly, I could not stand her as Janice on Friends.

I feel like a lot of the guest stars who were very amusing on Seinfeld were annoying as heck on Friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267October 9, 2018 5:00 PM

2 words......Izzy Mandelbaum

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268October 9, 2018 5:02 PM

I had a pony, and I loved him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269October 9, 2018 5:55 PM

NONE. THE ASSHOLE AIN'T FUNNY.

by Anonymousreply 270October 9, 2018 6:19 PM

R236: Rusty!!

by Anonymousreply 271October 9, 2018 6:22 PM

Who remembers when Elaine was dating her shrink?

He was super hot and funny as hell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272October 9, 2018 6:28 PM

"Not that there's anything wrong with that...."

I feel like that was the first ep I watched where I said to myself, "Yes, this is a good show."

Prior to that one, I found it kind of juvenile.

by Anonymousreply 273October 9, 2018 6:29 PM

I kind of liked it when all those people testified against them

by Anonymousreply 274October 9, 2018 6:34 PM

I like the 1. The Today Sponge one.

2. The one where Kramer converts Susan's girlfriend, ie makes her straight again.

3. Any episode with Mickey the little person.

by Anonymousreply 275October 11, 2018 11:41 PM

Also love all of the episodes with Dr. Tim Watley, the dentist.

by Anonymousreply 276October 12, 2018 3:44 AM

The Contest where they bet who can go the longest without masturbating, the one where Kramer takes dog medication, Jerry ends up wearing the puffy shirt because of Kramer’s girlfriends low talking and the one where Jerry couldn’t remember the lady’s name that rhymed with a female body part

by Anonymousreply 277October 12, 2018 4:02 AM

"Did your mother lay out your panties for you?"

The Japanese tourists sleeping in Kramer's Swedish dresser.

by Anonymousreply 278October 12, 2018 4:45 AM

The only ones I enjoy are Elaine -centric( the soup nazi, the contraceptive sponge)

by Anonymousreply 279October 12, 2018 4:51 AM

I have two:

Puffy Shirt, because it had one of the most clever and slyest jokes to ever get past the TV censors:

[quote]He could've had any woman in the world, but none could match the beauty of his own hand

The episode where Elaine thinks her BF is black. Then it turns out he thought she was Puerto Rican. When they find out they aren't ethnic, she goes, "Wait...so we're just a couple of white people?"

by Anonymousreply 280October 12, 2018 5:28 AM

R280, agreed on both of those!!

The car with the B.O. was good too.

by Anonymousreply 281October 12, 2018 2:37 PM

R279, I agree that Elaine was great.

In the sponge ep, I love when she gives her new guy a "job interview" to see if he is sponge worthy.

Also, the ep where Elaine's new bf won't go down on her is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 282October 12, 2018 2:40 PM

Mr. Pitt eats his candy bar with a knife and fork.

by Anonymousreply 283October 13, 2018 11:34 PM

Loved the one with Germophobics and Rageaholics!

One of my favorites!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284October 14, 2018 5:11 PM

People being able to laugh at themselves. It's like some distant, mythological era in history now.

by Anonymousreply 285October 14, 2018 5:15 PM

George becomes a "hood" to attract a girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286October 14, 2018 5:24 PM

The Kramer acting like a dog thread was also the one where Elaine becomes self conscious because she is told that she has a big head.

I remember really liking that episode.

by Anonymousreply 287October 14, 2018 6:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288January 10, 2019 2:57 AM

"I like to encourage Intruders". crazy Joe Davola from The Opera episode.

Another one of my faves is The Limo. George as the mistaken leader of the Aryan Nation. " AstroTurf?? Ya know who's responsible for that, dontcha? The Jews!!!"

by Anonymousreply 289January 10, 2019 3:24 AM

Man hands is the BEST. It's funny just to say "man hands."

by Anonymousreply 290January 10, 2019 7:12 AM

"You made out during schindler list?"

by Anonymousreply 291January 10, 2019 4:19 PM

"Moland Springs"

Mr. Pitt with the ink stain on his upper lip yelling about he will annex Poland at any cost. And his stock, will rise HEIGH!

by Anonymousreply 292January 10, 2019 4:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!