Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jedediah Bila Says Goodbye To 'The View'

Did 'The View' cut Jedediah Bila for being tough on Hillary Clinton?

As Jedediah goes on to publish another book, which she also didn't detail too much, CNN sources are already saying Meghan McCain, who just left Fox News, is in talks to replace her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210January 25, 2018 2:26 AM

Did Jedediah Bila exit ‘The View’ because of Hillary Clinton?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 19, 2017 7:06 AM

Meghan McCain in talks to join 'The View'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 19, 2017 7:07 AM

Meghan is nuts.

by Anonymousreply 3September 19, 2017 7:14 AM

I can't stand Meghan McCain. She gets fired from every job she has. She does not belong on TV. Just when The View is finally good and solid again, ABC wants to hire this Fox blond bimbo?! Please don't .

by Anonymousreply 4September 19, 2017 7:21 AM

I just watched some clips of Meghan. She's terrible. Viewers are going to hate her and she won't last more than a year. Letting go of Jed was a huge mistake.

by Anonymousreply 5September 19, 2017 7:30 AM

Jed was so fired! Suspended on Friday and she cones back for a goidbye show. Gurl got her ass fired because of Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 6September 19, 2017 7:46 AM

Yup R6. And Clinton would be the last person who would want to see her fired because of it. The View has a long history of impulsive firings and those bitches at the table never publicly bat an eye. I don't care for Jedediah's triumphant yet pandering opinions since Trump won the election, but Joy and Whoopi will still not say his name and the word president together. Whoopi refuses to say his name at all. They are a RICH cadaverous twosome and Whoopi may be the most vile moderator on TV. The View will not find a replacement as articulate, strong and attractive as Bila easily. They were wrong to fire Nicole Wallace and Jedidiah is even a worse move because the vibe was good with her. She asked Clinton questions you would expect to be asked. The View pretends to be inclusive but it's not even liberal or democrat anymore. It's resistance propaganda. Good luck to them with that dummy Meghan McCain.

by Anonymousreply 7September 19, 2017 8:11 AM

If "resistance propaganda" is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

That was a lot of yammering, R7.

by Anonymousreply 8September 19, 2017 8:26 AM

You're a confirmed moron though R8. Low intelligence defends bullying and unjust treatment when it aligns with their opinions.

by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2017 8:40 AM

R9 "You're a confirmed moron".

You're very eloquent. And you have the best arguments. You sound like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2017 8:50 AM

They should've fired Paula.

by Anonymousreply 11September 19, 2017 9:31 AM

Yeah, well....they really had something going again with this panel and now, they've ruined it. Again. It's so blatant how they ALWAYS get rid of the conservative voice. It should be a panel consisting of two Dems, two conservatives, and one or two independents, but now it's just an hour of Trump bashing--which he deserves--but it defeats the supposed purpose of the show.

by Anonymousreply 12September 19, 2017 12:17 PM

They ALL suck, it's just that JB's political opinions were more noxious than the others. Time to flush the entire show down the crapper.

by Anonymousreply 13September 19, 2017 12:30 PM

This was the best panel that they've had in 10 years. This is by far the dumbest decision ever.

by Anonymousreply 14September 19, 2017 12:35 PM

And so obvious that she didn't "Decide" to leave R14. I mean....the new season just started. Who leaves on a Monday during the second week of it?

by Anonymousreply 15September 19, 2017 12:43 PM

Allegedly it was a "mutual decision" because Jed was feeling censored on the show and ABC was upset with her quoting stats from debunked right wing news websites.

by Anonymousreply 16September 19, 2017 1:09 PM

I honestly can't understand the appeal of any of these "panels of talking celebs and/or randoms." I mean, it's not like any of them is an expert on anything, anymore than Aunt Polly is. It seems like an epic waste of time...and that's coming from someone posting on Datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 17September 19, 2017 1:14 PM

........ just when the View was getting some credibility back. Bad move.

by Anonymousreply 18September 19, 2017 1:19 PM

They cut her because her name was incredibly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 19September 19, 2017 1:29 PM

Is Babs Walters coming back in her wheelchair and diaper?

by Anonymousreply 20September 19, 2017 1:36 PM

I'm going to blame Whoopi. Don't know why but I will. I think Jed was outspoken for a different point of view and the liberal media just does not want that. Plus Whoopi is always talking over people and the people she talks over most always leave. They must get sick of it. Jed asked very legitimate questions of Secretary Clinton and Clinton was defensive.

by Anonymousreply 21September 19, 2017 1:44 PM

I don't watch The View, but I've watched the Hillary Clinton segments online and I don't think their exchange was contentious at all, nor did Hillary seem defensive at Jed's line of questioning. Attributing her leaving to the HRC interview seems like a false flag and another story the media is ginning up to embroil Clinton in some petty drama. This show has been plagued for years with backstage strife. I'm sure there's much more to the story that we don't know.

by Anonymousreply 22September 19, 2017 1:59 PM

r22 - "I don't think their exchange was contentious at all, nor did Hillary seem defensive at Jed's line of questioning."

Totally agree

by Anonymousreply 23September 19, 2017 2:05 PM

If you go on Jed's twitter, you can see she's liked a lot of posts that imply she was being forced to hold back her opinions. The bitch is a former Faux News personality and I recall on the occasions I watched the show she's make some claim and have to retract is later in the show because it wasn't true.

I still liked her better than Paula.

by Anonymousreply 24September 19, 2017 3:03 PM

It appears that ABC took issue with Jed calling Hillary Clinton tone deaf during the interview.

by Anonymousreply 25September 19, 2017 3:16 PM

I hope she got a big payoff.

by Anonymousreply 26September 19, 2017 5:11 PM

What kind of fool parents name a girl Jedediah?

by Anonymousreply 27September 19, 2017 6:54 PM

The View today was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 28September 19, 2017 9:17 PM

Good riddance. Bye bitch.

by Anonymousreply 29September 19, 2017 9:22 PM

She got her ass canned.

by Anonymousreply 30September 19, 2017 9:23 PM

You're a liar, R21. Hillary did not act defensive whatsoever at Jed's questions.

by Anonymousreply 31September 19, 2017 9:49 PM

I don't think she was too hard on Hillary and I don't think Hillary cared.

by Anonymousreply 32September 20, 2017 3:38 AM

Whoopi probably got her first. ABC need to get right of that bully before they run out of panelists. Jed's views were annoying at times but she really made the panel stronger in years.

by Anonymousreply 33September 20, 2017 3:51 AM

I watched it today and it was so dumb. Whoopi took 10 minutes to hem and haw through her tired points and everyone just sat politely and let her drone on. Then the endless commercials. Dreck.

by Anonymousreply 34September 20, 2017 3:58 AM

I don't agree with Jed politically at all; however, she did not deserve to be fired. She's actually harmless for a right-winger. Her views seem rather sincere and not toxic like it was with Elisabeth Hasslebeck. I doubt Hillary Clinton was offended by Jed's question even though it was a bit in your face.

However, don't fucking hire Meghan McCain. She dumb as a box of rocks, and it's so tiresome as she continually proclaims herself as the Repug voice of young America. She's nauseating. I've seen her on other panel shows. She doesn't have an original thought in her head. Joy Behar must be rolling her eyes in disgust when she heard McCain could be joining The View.

by Anonymousreply 35September 20, 2017 5:24 AM

I think the producers must be looking for someone like Elizabeth who'll butt heads with people to give the show buzz. They fired the two level-headed conservatives, Jed and Nicolle, but kept that Elizabeth for ages.

by Anonymousreply 36September 20, 2017 5:29 AM

Nicole Wallace did not belong on The View. I'm not a fan of the Repugs, but if a conservative deserved a show on MSNBC, Nicole did. She's smart, savvy and personable and not an asshole like most Repugs.

Jedediah Bila did not deserve to be fired. She fit in fine at The View table. Smart, a bit of a know-it-all, but likeable enough.

by Anonymousreply 37September 20, 2017 5:42 AM

The day that Jedidiah reminded everyone that Whoopie never finished high school was the beginning of the end. She had signed on for this season just two weeks ago, so at least ABC has to pay her out. I am not a conservative but who the fuck does Whoopi want? Raven Symone, Candace Bure, Meghan fucking McCain. Someone she can shout down or better yet someone who won't trouble her. I can't stand that aggressively stupid woman.

by Anonymousreply 38September 20, 2017 5:59 AM

Jed went to ABC HR and complained about the harsh working conditions at the table - having to smell Whoopi's farts. ABC said fine - then leave. Jed left. Simple as that. A mutual decision.

by Anonymousreply 39September 20, 2017 6:02 AM

R38. I don't think Whoopi had Jedediah fired. I believe it was ABC put the ax to Jed. But I still don't know why. I watched Jed ask Hillary Clinton the question. A bit personal, but it wasn't all that offensive. ABC has overreacted. But now wanting to sign Meghan McCain?! Give me a fucking break. McCain is a first-class asshole.

by Anonymousreply 40September 20, 2017 6:06 AM

Keep sucking that Republican sick, r7. Pathetic piece of shit.

Bila deserves to have her fucking throat slit for what she did last week.

by Anonymousreply 41September 20, 2017 6:17 AM

R41 is just playing.

by Anonymousreply 42September 20, 2017 6:21 AM

R41 is mentally ill. R7 is not a republican.

by Anonymousreply 43September 20, 2017 6:29 AM

The View should hire Ana Navarro.

She's smart, articulate, funny, and witty. Her Trump takedowns are the only reason to watch CNN.

by Anonymousreply 44September 20, 2017 10:50 AM

Ana Navarro is far too good for The View.

by Anonymousreply 45September 20, 2017 10:59 AM

[quote]Jedediah Bila Says Goodbye To 'The View

Hell, I didn't even notice her come in.

by Anonymousreply 46September 20, 2017 11:14 AM

R44 Ana was a contributor to The View a couple of years back but they never used her enough and she asked to be released from her contract.

by Anonymousreply 47September 20, 2017 11:55 AM

You know who annoys me most? Sunny. Ten steps up from Rosie Perez but she will often shoot daggers at JD for simply voicing a dissenting opinion. I rarely agree with her but JD is funny and a grown up. She can state her opinions without resorting to childishness. I couldn't stand Paula. Preachy and she was much more pro-Trump than JD. As many have already said ABC always manages to fuck up this show just when it's on it's feet again and actually entertaining. Will stop watching if they hire McCain. I'm going to e-mail ABC about this. Wallace went on to better things and so will JD. I can't believe I am defending a conservative but the ones who actually are speaking out about Trump have my ear. And my gratitude.

by Anonymousreply 48September 20, 2017 12:21 PM

Whoops. I mean JB.

by Anonymousreply 49September 20, 2017 12:48 PM

The way Megyn Kelly's career is going I'd assume The View would be the next logical step for her.

by Anonymousreply 50September 20, 2017 2:09 PM

The show is so flat without her. When she debuted last year I didn't care for her but she grew on me and I appreciated her view. Today Whoopi was again referring to Trump as "that guy" when Joy said Whoopi should just refer to him as "45" Whoopi reiterated her stance by again calling him "that guy" You're part of the news division at ABC grow the fuck up and perform your duties in a professional manner. She's just as guilty as Trump the way they play to their base.

by Anonymousreply 51September 20, 2017 5:19 PM

So I read this thread and then went to youtube to watch the show. Mainly because I couldn't understand what JB would have said or asked Clinton that would be a problem. Let's face it HRC has been doing interviews with hard hitting journalists for over twenty years. She's appeared before congressional committees whose members will ask just about anything. What could The View possibly serve up? Also your crazy if you think those questions weren't screen and approved in advance by HRC and her staff.

As it turns out nothing. If you watch the interview JB's questions gave HRC the chance to give some of her best answers. JB is not a journalist. She is not a reporter. She actually has little to no experience in politics, unlike Nicole Wallace for example. Actually Meghan McCain has a better resume. JB did something that drives me nuts. She didn't own her opinions during the interview. When she is citing other people's opinions she doesn't source who has those opinions.

If I had to guess JB may not have like how the questions she was allowed to ask. In my opinion it showed on her face during the interview. She clearly didn't express the same excitement the other panelists did at having Clinton there. Probably someone made the decision she's just not worth it. Given her resume it's difficult to imagine the buyout was substantial.

by Anonymousreply 52September 20, 2017 5:43 PM

I saw the Whoopi/Sunny "tiff," and it didn't seem that bad.

by Anonymousreply 53September 20, 2017 5:52 PM

HATE that fucking bitch Jedediah Bila, and I couldn't be happier that she's gone and never to be heard from again. (Mark my words).

"However, don't fucking hire Meghan McCain. She dumb as a box of rocks"

Meghan will bring back memories of the first super idiot on The View: Debbie Matenopoulos

by Anonymousreply 54September 20, 2017 6:26 PM

Whoopi was SO indifferent. "Jed you got the floor". Now go the fuck away. Farty gassy Whoopi could not stand Jed.

by Anonymousreply 55September 20, 2017 8:38 PM

R40, Whoopi was always very annoyed with JB. On more than one occasion she lost her patience and would cut her off and embarrass JB. But Whoopi alo treated Sonny the same way at times. And if I were to guess who would have been driven out by the Mean Girls, I would have guessed Sonny would have been gone before JB.

by Anonymousreply 56September 20, 2017 9:20 PM

I meant to reference R55 for R56 post.

by Anonymousreply 57September 20, 2017 9:23 PM

R44 Ana Navarro would be a good choice. She wouldn't be afraid of Whoopi. Whoopi obviously hates Sunny. Sunny's too pious sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 58September 20, 2017 9:50 PM

Ana Navarro has the most annoying fucking voice. Some of these talking heads need to go to the Ted Baxter School of Broadcasting and learn how to fucking speak like an anchorman, damnit.

by Anonymousreply 59September 20, 2017 9:54 PM

^starting with illiterate and lazy Whoopi^

Bitch can't even be bothered to read a full sentence.

by Anonymousreply 60September 20, 2017 9:59 PM

I hope they bring back Candace Cameron Bure. Everybody likes her and she's so pretty.

by Anonymousreply 61September 20, 2017 10:06 PM

Elizabeth should come back!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 62September 20, 2017 10:23 PM

Whoopi sounds like she has emphysema. Every friggin' time she opens the show by repeatedly screaming "Welcome to The View" to the audience, I keep thinking don't use up all of your oxygen you fucking pothead.

I used to enjoy Fridays when W would take the day off but now the bitch shows up on Fridays and it's the same old boring shit.

by Anonymousreply 63September 20, 2017 10:52 PM

The cunt Whoopi said shit to Jed on her last day. Ya know, have a little class. I'm pissed that Whoopi remained on the panel this year after announcing that last year was her final year on the show. If only.

by Anonymousreply 64September 21, 2017 1:03 AM

Madame Whoops!

by Anonymousreply 65September 21, 2017 1:27 AM

Ana Navarro is funny.

by Anonymousreply 66September 22, 2017 12:12 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 22, 2017 6:37 PM

R67 Just reading this and it appears Bila wanted her boyfriend to propose on the air so The View would pay for the engagement ring.

by Anonymousreply 68September 22, 2017 6:51 PM

She was the second best dissenter on the show after Nicolle Wallace, although I have looked at JB's Twitter feed a few times and was disturbed to see it reads like Breitbart, and hardly at all like the woman on the TV show. Still, she was good and she fit in well. I am an independent voter who voted (begrudgingly) for Clinton, and this sort of shit makes me resent Clinton even more whether she personally had anything to do with it or not. She should have won because she DID win and because Trump is a demonic messiah...BUT she was not and is not the heir apparent to the throne of the United States, and the media never does its job of challenging public officials. Bila did that with Clinton. It was fair. Firing her for having integrity is fucked up and disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 69September 22, 2017 7:41 PM

Sounds like a good a theory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 22, 2017 8:37 PM

So is Joy or Sunny the complainer? My guess is it's Sunny.

by Anonymousreply 71September 22, 2017 8:42 PM

R71 My guess would be Sunny, too. Here's the video. If this softball question was the fireable offense, then the media really are just plain trash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 22, 2017 8:52 PM

[quote]The View will not find a replacement as articulate, strong and attractive as Bila easily.

You must have been smoking weed as you typed that. Jedediah was terrible, she yammered on about the same repetitious talking points every day, which she never back most of them up with actual facts. She was corrected several times with actual facts.

Opinions are not facts. Jed was always complaining that government programs should be abolished, I'm sure both her parents are gladly collecting their Social Security as well as Medicare, two government programs which work. She was a typical hypocrite. We never heard Jed say the wealthy should not be accepting their SS checks or even Medicare, those would be great solutions, if the 1% forfeited those government programs. They sure don't need them.

Attractive? I won't even go there. If that's what you consider attractive, well...

by Anonymousreply 73September 22, 2017 8:54 PM

Would Sunny have that much power at this point?

I say it is Joy who pointedly didn't hug Jed on her last day. (Did she even get a goodbye montage?)

Funny that on the last day Whoopi accused Jed of yelling at her.

by Anonymousreply 74September 22, 2017 8:55 PM

It's really boring to have 4 people all agreeing with each other. The View has become so dull. What caused Hot Topics to lose its spark? Changes to cast chemistry? Zeitgeist?

by Anonymousreply 75September 22, 2017 8:58 PM

No, r74, Whoopi accused Sunny of yelling at her. And then there was the move between Sunny and the pregnant blond chick for the new season.

by Anonymousreply 76September 22, 2017 8:59 PM

Whoopi has power. Joy was fired years ago and brought back, so it's hard to say how much power she has. Sunny was a prosecutor and I have a feeling we don't see her cutthroat side on TV. She's also frankly the pettiest and most black-or-white-visioned among the cast now (not counting Joy, who is more party-line Democratic than Nancy Pelosi).

by Anonymousreply 77September 22, 2017 8:59 PM

Much more entertaining (Even Whoppi seemed more together and articulate):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78September 22, 2017 9:01 PM

R76, I heard Jed say "I wasn't yelling" in response to Whoopi.

by Anonymousreply 79September 22, 2017 9:03 PM

R77 Sara brings nothing to the show.

by Anonymousreply 80September 22, 2017 9:03 PM

Sara is another poor-little-rich-girl Wasp. She's mentioned being bullied by her father about her weight when she was younger, she's brought that up a lot. Sara was much better on TODAY, when she dealt with lighter topics during the Kathie Lee and Hoda hour. St least she doesn't screech like most of the younger woman who have been co-hosts over the years.

by Anonymousreply 81September 22, 2017 9:22 PM

I don't mind Sara. She is well spoken, and seems to have assumed the LGBT explainer role by virtue of having a gay brother. She has mentioned a few too many times that she has always dated Jewish or black guys. It comes across sounding more like a fetish than an attraction. It's interesting that she's wiccan, though.

by Anonymousreply 82September 22, 2017 9:27 PM

Even at her most wiccan she will never be as much of a witch as Whoopi or Joyless.

by Anonymousreply 83September 22, 2017 9:29 PM

I didn't like Joy years ago because she was always wedging in one liners, but I like her now. I like most of Whoopi's opinions. I agree with most of what she says. Her delivery often falls flat, though. Both seem like kind and grumpy old ladies to me. Paula Faris is a disaster. She is as dumb and uncharismatic as Debbie Matenopoulos was. At least Candace Cameron came across as if she were trying to be a decent and thoughtful human being, even if she seems a little...limited. Raven Symone was a constant embarrassment. Michelle Collins was bland and usually not very funny. Jenny McCarthy was mortifyingly bad. The current panel, with Jed (or especially if they brought back Nicolle), is the most respectable the show has had in a decade. At least they're not a bunch of buffoons.

by Anonymousreply 84September 22, 2017 9:37 PM

Sara is dim, but she seems to be totally happy with her life. I hate her for that.

And when will Joy stop laughing at her own jokes?

by Anonymousreply 85September 22, 2017 9:55 PM

R85 Sara talks a lot about being addled by anxiety and depression, and she says she had a very dark post-pardum depression. Looks can be deceiving. We don't know what people's own worlds feel like.

by Anonymousreply 86September 22, 2017 9:59 PM

Jed must have gotten a YUGE buyout to keep her trap shut.

by Anonymousreply 87September 22, 2017 10:05 PM

R87 You don't think they have to agree to nondisclosure contracts? Everyone who gets hired on The View knows they've got terrible odds of surviving its politics for even a full season. They issue warm welcomes and cold dismissals.

by Anonymousreply 88September 22, 2017 10:07 PM

Oh and today Ant'ny Scaramucci was the guest host. Lots of jokes about being fired...extra brutal to Jed just a couple of days after she got the axe.

by Anonymousreply 89September 22, 2017 10:09 PM

Tell that to Star Jones Reynolds. R88.

She spilled like a leaky diaper.

by Anonymousreply 90September 22, 2017 10:10 PM

Why does she have a man’s name?

How stupid.

by Anonymousreply 91September 22, 2017 10:10 PM

R90 Star was one of the first. The network has to have firing down to a science now. Also, Star can work around legal matters. How? Because...she's a lawyer!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 22, 2017 10:12 PM

How is having a legitimate opinion a fireable offense?

It isn't like she took a dump on the set.

by Anonymousreply 93September 22, 2017 10:14 PM

Joy is an egotistical insufferable cunt to everyone who doesn't agree with her views. Her jokes are not funny. After she makes one she looks around to see if anyone is laughing, and when they're no,t she laughs at her own joke. Pathetic. Snarky, bitchy, unfunny cunt. Be RE-gone, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 94September 22, 2017 10:15 PM

[quote]I don't mind Sara. She is well spoken, and seems to have assumed the LGBT explainer role by virtue of having a gay brother. She has mentioned a few too many times that she has always dated Jewish or black guys. It comes across sounding more like a fetish than an attraction. It's interesting that she's wiccan, though.

Isn't Sara's husband Jewish? His name is Max Shifrin. He looks like typical NYC Jewish guy.

I know she's not Wiccan, but it would be hilarious if The View did have a co-host who belonged to some off the grid religion, like a woman with multiple husbands. Joy would have a field day talking about that.

Who was the co-host who thought the world was flat, Sherri Shephard? Unreal. How do half these morons function????

by Anonymousreply 95September 22, 2017 10:15 PM

[quote]How is having a legitimate opinion a fireable offense? It isn't like she took a dump on the set.

Opinions are not facts, most of the hosts have opinions and there is The View's main problem. Jed would carp on and on about what SHE thought should be done in government, fine but back your opinions with facts why she thought her ideas would be workable.

For instance, so many Americans have been brainwashed to think universal healthcare/single payer would not work in the US, mostly Repugs have been hammering on about this for years. Yet few politicians bring up why healthcare premiums and prescription prices are allowed to skyrocket, why these companies keep gouging consumers year after year.

My sister was just telling me what the actual cost was for some prescription shampoo she just picked up. Her co-pay was only $5 for two small bottles, the price, without her coverage, would have been $450! Yes, you read that right FOUR HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS for 2 small 5oz bottles of shampoo! That is utterly and completely absurd! This just proves the government should be running healthcare or at the very least get more involved.

Also, why should health insurance companies determine what medications be approved? These companies have the ability to override our doctors choices of the meds the docs have prescribed. That's also completely ridiculous. Yet few politicians even address these serious issues.

by Anonymousreply 96September 22, 2017 10:26 PM

Sherri said she was taught as a Jehovah's witness to avoid information/education. On her last show I felt bad for her. She broke down and said she knew nothing when she was hired and it was really difficult to be the stupid one on the show, but the women all supported her and she was motivated to learn more. I actually liked her as a co-host because she was kind of silly and cute. I also liked how honest she seemed to be, even at the risk of looking stupid or ignorant. She wan't the worst of the co-hosts by a long shot.

Raven-Symone wasn't an off-the-grid religion but she did love to exclaim "I'm a conspiracy theorist!" An actual conspiracy theorist could be fascinating depending how she was handled, but Raven never discussed any sort of conspiracies, just lots of announcements that she's a conspiracy theorist.

The View really has cast some remarkable idiots. Meghan McCain will be another. I wonder what kind of bubble the producers and network execs live in that keep leading to these terrible casting decisions.

by Anonymousreply 97September 22, 2017 10:28 PM

R96, interesting collection of thoughts but what does that have to do with this particular topic?

by Anonymousreply 98September 22, 2017 10:31 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99September 22, 2017 11:30 PM

From R99's Daily Mail article: "She rarely shared stories about her personal life and antidotes that would make her relatable to viewers."

...sometimes it's reassuring there are moronic British people, too.

by Anonymousreply 100September 22, 2017 11:36 PM

[quote][R96], interesting collection of thoughts but what does that have to do with this particular topic?

My post had a lot to do with this topic, because people like Jed never seem to deal in actual facts. People cannot afford healthcare because the healthcare insurance companies are allowed to run amok.

Jed would always go on about "what I think is", then tell us what she thought about healthcare, yet NEVER gave an actual workable solution to any healthcare problem. All she did was repeat what outlets like Fox and other Repug outlets state. She had little to add other than her opinions. Jed seemed like a Paul Ryan/Ayn Rand groupie. Same old, same old: pick yourself up by your bootstraps bullshit. If that was the case, WTF are all those hillbilly losers who voted for Dump waiting for their coal mining jobs to come back, shouldn't they be out there training for different jobs?

by Anonymousreply 101September 22, 2017 11:44 PM

"Jed allegedly also tested poorly with the audience and was rude to the crew."

Jedediah always tried to hog the conversation, that's probably why her Qs were bad. And no amount of eye make-up can make her not ugly. She was a deluded prima donna with an agenda. Even though she claimed not to be a Republican, her "facts" were slanted right. For instance, she claimed all summer 2016 that half of Hillary's meetings were for the Clinton Foundation. In reality, half her Hillary's NON-State Dept meetings were for the foundations. That's the difference between 1,500 and 50 meetings. This, of course, went unchallenged by the dimwit panel.

by Anonymousreply 102September 22, 2017 11:51 PM

[quote]Sherri said she was taught as a Jehovah's witness to avoid information/education.

I guess her stupidity explains why the supposedly 'religious' Sherri had so many abortions? She didn't know how or what birth control is? Moron.

by Anonymousreply 103September 22, 2017 11:52 PM

WHO? Never heard of her. Have not watched that squawkfest of loud, annoying women in many years. Who cares what any of them think about ANYTHING? Please.

by Anonymousreply 104September 22, 2017 11:54 PM

Fucktard, R104, why the fuck are you on this thread???

by Anonymousreply 105September 23, 2017 12:01 AM

She's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 106September 23, 2017 12:16 AM

Yeah. Let's just have four people agreeing with each other for an hour. This show is so stale.

by Anonymousreply 107September 23, 2017 12:21 AM

What does everyone think of bringing Rosie O'Donnell back? The show would not be stale.

by Anonymousreply 108September 23, 2017 12:31 AM

R108, Whoopi would give Trump a blow job before that happens.

by Anonymousreply 109September 23, 2017 12:34 AM

Ha ha ha. Jed got her ass fired. That smug grin wiped right off her face. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 110September 23, 2017 1:28 AM

[quote]Ha ha ha. Jed got her ass fired. That smug grin wiped right off her face. Cunt.

You took the words right out if my mouth. That's what I found so fucking annoying by that creepy looking Jed, the way she stared anyone down who didn't agree with her Ayn Rand views! Her smirk was so damn off-putting. Like she was always right and everyone else was a bloody moron!

Glad we don't have endure her dumb wedding to her chubby fug boyfriend. When she kept going on about how much younger the bf was, I expected some hot young guy, instead he's a chubster in a suit. Probably works in finance, quelle surprise!

by Anonymousreply 111September 23, 2017 3:08 AM

"She asked Clinton questions you would expect to be asked"

No. The View has always been ass-kissy fluff for stay-at-home fraus who don't like to think and don't like negativity. If she wants to ask Andrea Mitchell-type questions she can get another job.

by Anonymousreply 112September 23, 2017 5:15 AM

Bye bitch. Fucking cunt. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 113September 23, 2017 5:26 AM

I love the show and will not miss Jed. But I would have fired that cunt Paula Faris first. She's such a cold icy bitch. She was much worse than Jed.

by Anonymousreply 114September 23, 2017 6:10 AM

"Debate" does not work between Kathie Lee, The Price Is Right and Let's Make A Deal. It gets ugly. And no one goes to Whoopi to get their biting social commentary; she acts like a classic pothead, veering from lethargy to paranoid ranting.

The fraus want Kelly and Ryan making cupcakes with John Stamos; their lives are depressing enough.

by Anonymousreply 115September 23, 2017 6:18 AM

Whoopi is a cooning asshole. Joy is a minor Hampton's limousine liberal who likes to get invited to the right parties. Her brain is not sharp and she's not exactly authentic or knowledgeable. They had an equal panel this last year, you don't have to like everyone. None of them quote facts, they are the least prepared daily show on television. Jed was a bit too aggressive and shady for that bunch, but she was far from stupid. Meghan McCain, Raven Symone and Jenny McCarthy are stupid. Sunny is the brightest one there, she has to be. Sara is harmless and a peacemaker. She and Jed and Paula are all friends in real life. Politics doesn't separate spoiled young women. Whoopi is the least consistent person in the world in her views. She's aggressively dumb and too lazy to think.

Sherri Shepherd was often hilarious, like this time when Prince made a surprise appearance and she clearly was excited...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116September 23, 2017 6:37 AM

R116 I disagree about Whoopi. Maybe I am somehow blinded by her or something, but in my view Whoopi is the most consistent thinker because her opinions on topics change depending on context and situation. Everyone else on the show is a party-line tower. None of them is necessary or useful for political discussion because they say exactly what the DNC or the RNC (or in Bila'a case Breitbart) script. Whoopi is unpredictable in that regard and she forces momentum. I agree with her rationales in many cases if not most, although there are some major exceptions--but even those usually make a certain kind of sense. Her defense of Mel Gibson, for example, was equally appalling and understandable because she based her opinion on the person she had known for years instead of news reports. Any friend would do the same, and especially if we knew how unreliable tabloid news stories are. She was wrong in that case. Joy actually did the same with Trump early on, repeatedly saying she knows him and he's just a harmless showman, etc., etc., before she finally became convinced he is a demonic force. (Importantly, Joy didn't depart from the Democratic opinion by dismissing Trump, since this was during the primaries and many short-sighted people didn't take his candidacy seriously.)

Sara is reasonable in a way I think I used to be when I was a little younger. She can always see what motivates opinions that lie in the gray areas, which is wonderful when you're interacting with human beings, but on the political level seeing the world this way, I have learned, can be a vice. It's naive.

I have odd feelings about Sunny. I hope that she is authentic, but since she is a prosecutor and her onscreen persona is that of a naive, Catholic do-gooder, I have a strong intuition that she's much more ruthlessly ambitious than she is the bashful sweetheart we see on TV. She also seems impressioble when it comes to religion and religious traditions, and if Trump had just been a little less racist and a little more Jesusy I think she would defend him a lot more. He said one quasi-decent thing a few weeks ago and she was goading the other women to give him the credit he deserves for finally being "a leader for all of us." Whoopi's response has been her entirely consistent response about Trump: his very first announcement about his candidacy was charged with racism and hatred and he has incrementally increased that charge since that time. He is not a leader for all of us, but for a select few, and those few are not the poor rural white people who think he supports them; they're billionaires. Whoopi is right. Even Joy is too stuck on day-to-day DNC talking points to have a consistent perspective on this long game. Condemnation of Whoopi Goldberg by progressive-minded people is shortsighted if those people are thinking people and not us-versus-them Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 117September 23, 2017 8:27 AM

thanks for whitesplaining Whoopi Goldberg to me....you're the ones who keep her employed

by Anonymousreply 118September 23, 2017 8:35 AM

You're welcome!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119September 23, 2017 8:41 AM

[quote]The day that Jedidiah reminded everyone that Whoopie never finished high school was the beginning of the end.

WAIT...what?

by Anonymousreply 120September 23, 2017 9:00 AM

Fuck off and get gay bashed, r51.

For many of us Trump is illitimaì, and all supports need to die.

by Anonymousreply 121September 23, 2017 12:12 PM

Jed probably wanted to get fired. She signed a new contract so ABC had to pay her on her way out.

by Anonymousreply 122September 23, 2017 12:21 PM

[quote]WAIT...what?

Whoopi talked about this a few weeks ago, IIRC, she mentioned barely finishing 8th, or 9th, grade, she's completely self taught. She mentioned that she loves to read and absorb knowledge. I think she's smarter than some people I know who have Masters degrees! Sure, she's a stoner, but she can always hold up her end of the argument with facts, unlike Jed who would keep repeating the same BS over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 123September 23, 2017 12:40 PM

Who would ever fire Nicolle Wallace?

by Anonymousreply 124September 23, 2017 1:13 PM

Whoopi needs a bath/shower/hose. She always looks like she just rolled out of bed.

by Anonymousreply 125September 23, 2017 3:49 PM

If she tested badly with the 'audience' then the audience deserves the banal blather that is coming their way. This was the BEST panel in years and they all seemed energized to have something to talk about that was relevant and important and actually informative. And they managed to be funny and entertaining doing it. Whoopi finally found something she could rant about on a daily basis and sound SANE. The show with Scaramucci was so fucking boring. I really enjoyed the daily dump on trump hot topics discussions that start every show because they are all in agreement that this fool is destroying us. Now it will be McCain against the rest of them trying to defend the indefensible. No thanks. Done. Fuck you, ABC.

by Anonymousreply 126September 23, 2017 4:50 PM

Whoopi is not smart, neither is she intelligent or street smart. She attempts to embody a certain fake wise black character. One who is above the need to be understandable or possess clarity. What she has is interests in which she indulges herself superficially, most of them childish or naive in nature. She's very rich and deeply corrupt. Like many celebrities she is narcissistic but her schtick is that she is too evolved for the rest of the world to catch up. Self taught? She can't even read. She knows a bit of history, which she uses to justify her irrationality, her bad humor and her sloth. She's a salty bitter bitch aggressing her way through life. No one looks as common but has less the common need for connection than Queen Whoopi. She's defended a long list of the indefensible and the truly deplorable. She is deeply afraid that her own secrets should be revealed, so she protects other "celebrities" at risk. She has no allegiance to her race, nor any true sense of justice or equality. She likes the KKK if they're cute. She won't say Trump's name because she too is a conman and a bully who loves money and privilege. She's a smelly dilettante, not a liberal. A rotted piece of hypocritical humanity.

by Anonymousreply 127September 23, 2017 4:53 PM

Bravo, r127.

by Anonymousreply 128September 23, 2017 5:13 PM

The nerve of the people in this thread.... the nerve!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129September 23, 2017 8:42 PM

Whoopi likes to talk in dialect and say she's from the "hood." Yeah the hood - Chelsea.

by Anonymousreply 130September 23, 2017 8:50 PM

As I recall, Wallace says she was fired because she didn't know enough about junk pop culture, like who won the last Bachelor. Speaks well of her, I think, and she came out on top. Her MSNBC show is the most fun of all of them.

by Anonymousreply 131September 23, 2017 9:15 PM

Wallace was a bad republican firing decision too. She wasn't very republican on the show, though. She sided with the rest of the women far more than any of the others in that chair.

The chemistry of this group seemed to finally be ok after about a dozen failed attempts & 100 guest co-hosts (who were basically auditioning). Firing Jed was short sighted and a bad decision for the show. If she rated low with the audience, they should compare those scores to Paula (barf) and older scores like Elizabeth (far worse IMO).

I never agreed with her, but it's interesting to hear what the other side thinks on so many issues . She was articulate in that way without being a screechy bitch like EH. EH probably would be defending Trump every day - as if Kellyanne were sitting there. Could you imagine? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 132September 23, 2017 9:29 PM

Whoopi is like Trump. She can't stay on track without a cue card. And half the time she stumbles through those and screws them up. I thought Jed was a fairly intelligent representative for the right wing perspective. But if Whoopi would have the power to have anyone fired, it would have been Paula. They HATE each other. I think Paula spews pure dreck whenever she opens her yap.

by Anonymousreply 133September 23, 2017 10:25 PM

R121, R51 here. The show is called The View and I'm entitled to my view. As others have mentioned the show is one note since Jed left. It's not just about differing political views I felt she brought an energy to the show and in turn the co-hosts upped their game.

I also find it interesting that most of the country is moderate yet all I seem to read online are extreme conservative and liberal comments. Those who are not rigid in their beliefs and open to other points of view tend to be more intelligent. So you keep telling me to get gay bashed for giving my opinion and I'll keep inferring you're a fucking narrow minded psycho through my thinly veiled responses.

by Anonymousreply 134September 24, 2017 12:15 AM

What did Jed Bila do to get fired? Surely it wasn't that harmless question during the Hillary Clinton interview.

ABC is making a huge mistake hiring Meghan McCain. She is useless without an original thought in her head. Aren't there any other Repigs available to fill the spot?

by Anonymousreply 135September 24, 2017 2:00 AM

[quote]Whoopi is not smart, neither is she intelligent or street smart.

That’s A LOT of personal criticism about someone that you’ve never met. Just because YOU don’t like her doesn’t mean that she falls under any of those categories.

[quote]Educated and thoughtful black people loathe her, myself included

Wrong. You can’t speak for an entire group of people.

by Anonymousreply 136September 24, 2017 8:32 AM

My sister-in-law loves Whoopi - she's the reason she watches. Sister-in-law gets very upset because everyone she knows thinks Whoopi's gay.

by Anonymousreply 137September 24, 2017 10:29 PM

It's very boring watching a show where everyone agrees. Why not have two liberals, two conservatives and one moderate?

by Anonymousreply 138September 25, 2017 12:39 AM

They must have paid her a bundle to keep quiet about what went down.

by Anonymousreply 139September 25, 2017 4:28 AM

Does Whoopi’s pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 140September 25, 2017 10:01 AM

Her pussy coughs.

by Anonymousreply 141September 25, 2017 10:43 AM

Maybe r127 DOES know her. Do you, r136?

by Anonymousreply 142September 25, 2017 4:06 PM

Megan McCain got the job, she's on right now. She's AWFUL, her voice is so grating. I have a feeling I'm going to miss Jed. She looks like a little troll.

Megan slipped, she mentioned she was offered the job around the time her dad was being operated on for his brain cancer. Does this mean Jed was fired long before her last week on The View? Her firing was no surprise? Give Jed an EMMY!

by Anonymousreply 143October 9, 2017 3:21 PM

I will HATE McCain on The View. I already cannot stand her. Bring Elizabeth back!!! I’d take her anyday over this cunt.

by Anonymousreply 144October 9, 2017 3:24 PM

Who the fuck names a baby girl Jedediah?

by Anonymousreply 145October 9, 2017 3:29 PM

The View is absolutely correct in firing someone who quotes fake shit from brain dead wingnut websites. It's the antithesis of an informative show to allow someone to spread deliberately false propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 146October 9, 2017 3:33 PM

It's time for me to finally abandon this show. No one I know understands why I still watch it, and with McCain added I don't either. I thought the producers finally learned their vapid ratings-grabbing lessons after Cameron and Raven-Symone almost did them in. Nope. One more drop in a bucket of idiots.

by Anonymousreply 147October 9, 2017 3:46 PM

Meghan spent two minutes giving an on air tribute to Elizabeth Hasselbeck. You already know what you're going to get.

Sarah was throwing major shade. Joy did not look overly thrilled.

by Anonymousreply 148October 9, 2017 3:50 PM

In discussing Pence's walk-out during the football game when players knelt during the national anthem, McCain already mentioned "culture wars".

by Anonymousreply 149October 9, 2017 3:50 PM

Did they defend Harvey since Disney owns everything?

by Anonymousreply 150October 9, 2017 4:15 PM

meghan mccain was horrible on the show today! Right from the moment she came out, Joy looked pissed and then Meghan called Whoopi the first lady of the View, Joy clearly felt snubbed by this. Personally I actually think Jed was a better fit on the show.

by Anonymousreply 151October 9, 2017 4:54 PM

[quote]The View is absolutely correct in firing someone who quotes fake shit from brain dead wingnut websites. It's the antithesis of an informative show to allow someone to spread deliberately false propaganda.

I agree. On the other hand, if this is really the case, that all Jed's info was from ReThug wing nut websites, then fucking Faux News needs to be wiped off the face of the fucking planet! Their entire premise is fake news and lies. Our asshole moronic gasbag 'president' gets his info from Faux News, the world is falling apart!

Meghan makes my skin crawl, that's all this show needed a Hasslebitch clone!

by Anonymousreply 152October 9, 2017 5:16 PM

She should not have been fired. She should have been thrown in a grease fire.

She's a self-proclaimed "libertarian". That's always a red flag. Libertarians are Republicans by another name, yet try to cloak it as something else....much like a janitor claiming to be "Director in Charge of Maintenance and Refuse Engineering.

by Anonymousreply 153October 9, 2017 5:18 PM

So, you would prefer five people who all have the same viewpoint?

by Anonymousreply 154October 9, 2017 6:38 PM

I caught that as well, r151. "First Lady of the View" indeed. Had I been Joy I would have been absolutely seething.

by Anonymousreply 155October 9, 2017 6:47 PM

Meghan might be the nail in the coffin for this shitfest.

by Anonymousreply 156October 9, 2017 7:08 PM

I don't watch the The View but what kind of name is Jedediah for a female? Was she named for a character from Beverly Hillbillies?

by Anonymousreply 157October 9, 2017 7:54 PM

It's actually her stage name r157. Her real name is Semolina Beaterbars.

by Anonymousreply 158October 9, 2017 7:59 PM

[quote] So, you would prefer five people who all have the same viewpoint?

Opposing points of view are fine with me. I just don't like the phoniness and pretentiousness that goes with most people who proudly declare themselves a "libertarian", as though it's something grander and greater than a Democrat or a Republican when it's essentially the same thing as a Republican. Saying you're an "independent" is better than "libertarian".

by Anonymousreply 159October 9, 2017 8:00 PM

[quote]I don't watch the The View but what kind of name is Jedediah for a female? Was she named for a character from Beverly Hillbillies?

Search for the other View thread, Jedediah Bila claims she's Italian, yet her last name is either Arab or Slovak, she's full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 160October 9, 2017 8:43 PM

[quote]The bitch is a former Faux News personality and I recall on the occasions I watched the show she's make some claim and have to retract is later in the show because it wasn't true.

If she was getting info from Fox, and many of their "news" is fake and then repeating on the View, then she deserves to be fired.

by Anonymousreply 161October 9, 2017 8:49 PM

I don't understand why ABC keeps fucking with this slow. They finally had a panel that worked. Jesus, the stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 162October 9, 2017 9:02 PM

The show has been the old shitshow since they let JB go. Joy would be the one to inherit the crown from Babwa of 'First Lady' although she would puke right at the desk if they were stupid enough to go there with her. Five minutes of McCain and it is clear that she is dumber than a box of barber hair. Trump limited vocabulary and dyed-blonde ditzy, wanna-be Valley Girl, vapid mess. They seem to have backed off on Trump in a big way too. Going to catch-up with all the shows I have missed since the beginning of September for that hour. And watch Veshi and Ruhle on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 163October 9, 2017 9:20 PM

I feel exactly the same way R162. In this case the Hillary Clinton thing seems like a likely reason she was ousted so suddenly. Which makes me (someone who doesn't like but voted for Clinton) like Clinton even less. I didn't like Bila or share her opinions, but she seemed like a thinking and articulate adult, and that's leaps and bounds beyond the show's standards in recent years. I've seen McCain on too many talk shows to think she won't bring the idiocy to this show.

by Anonymousreply 164October 9, 2017 9:22 PM

R164 Jed wasn't let go because of Hillary Clinton allegedly The View was in talks with Tomi Lahren back in the summer but she didn't want to join the show because of the constant panel turn over. Jed was going to get canned this years regardless but the process was sped up after McCain announced she was leaving Fox and ABC pounced.

by Anonymousreply 165October 9, 2017 11:34 PM

Whoopi seems to really like Meghan she was smiling the whole time and allegedly pursued McCain to take the job.

by Anonymousreply 166October 10, 2017 2:04 AM

I know everyone here loves to hate Whoopi. I respect her. She doesn't do the party-line thing, and I think she respects John McCain. And that's fine. But everything I have ever heard from his daughter has been idiotic, not because she is a Republican but because she is both vapid and inarticulate. She's a terrible choice for a host. The View producers must be incredibly unintelligent or think that their audience is--think about it: Jenny McCarthy, Raven-Symone, Candace Cameron, the comedian who wasn't funny and whose name I don't remember. (I do remember her making fun of nurses because she was a fucking moron.) I thought Rosie Perez was impressive aside from her boxing obsession...and of course she was fired. Nicolle Wallace was like a conservative Meredith Vieira, so...fired. Worst casting process in the history of TV.

But hey, "View Your Deal" is now as much dollar-store QVC as it is current events programming. So who gives a shit?

by Anonymousreply 167October 10, 2017 2:25 AM

McCain came out swinging about the Weinstein "hypocrisy." She nailed all of those talking points that she had spent so much time memorizing over the weekend. By the end of the week she'll be sputtering "But....Clinton's cock!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 168October 10, 2017 2:27 AM

Meghan McCain is a right-wing idiot. She's had a dozen jobs and never lasts at any of them. Her crack that Whoopi is the "First Lady of the View" was insensitive and insulting to Joy Behar who has been on The View longer than any of them at the table combined.

Bad move, Meghan. Joy was restrained but rightfully annoyed and insulted by such a dumb remark--and on your first day no less. You owed Joy an apology. What the hell is wrong with you?! Hopefully you won't last too long.

by Anonymousreply 169October 10, 2017 4:27 AM

Sunny was rather nauseating holding Meghan's hand.

I liked Sunny when she was a legal analyst on CNN. She's a bit too much on The View as .Miss Goody Two Shoes.

by Anonymousreply 170October 10, 2017 4:30 AM

I suddenly like Sunny because she set Blondie straight during their protest segment. Meghan spews Fox News talking points, but then can't justify her argument. Hopefully, Whoopi will chew her up and spit her out quickly.

by Anonymousreply 171October 10, 2017 4:50 AM

Joy is very observant and is smart enough to know that all it takes is a well-worded and well-timed fat joke to bring McCain to her knees. This new girl doesn't stand a chance against Joy. It'll be a blood bath.

by Anonymousreply 172October 10, 2017 5:17 AM

Will Megan walk back her accusation that Hollywood has remained silent on Weinstein now that JLaw, Clooney, Streep, Dench, Kimmel, etc., have spoken about it? Hmmmm????

by Anonymousreply 173October 10, 2017 2:15 PM

Jed was liked by Joy, Sunny and Sara but hated by Whoopi. Whoopi seems to like Meghan but it's clear Joy and Sara are less than enthused and Sunny seems to be playing nice. It appears that Whoopi played a hand in cutting Jed to bring in Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 174October 10, 2017 3:07 PM

I have it on in the background today. Meghan is very adept at false equivalences.....

by Anonymousreply 175October 10, 2017 5:52 PM

Perhaps they can replace her with Jedikiah from the Tomorrow People.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176October 10, 2017 5:58 PM

Bring on Ann Coulter. She would put these shrews in their place,

by Anonymousreply 177October 10, 2017 9:51 PM

Bring on Triumph the Insult Comic Dog

by Anonymousreply 178October 10, 2017 9:56 PM

R170, I think it's more than obvious that Whoopi does not like Sunny, even despite the fact that Sunny bends over backwards to give Whoopi all kinds of respect. You're right that Sunny tends to go the Miss Goody Two Shoes route too much, but Whoopi will often rip her to shreds over any little thing, even on those occasions that she's saying something that totally makes sense (like today).

And as much as I like Whoopi, I think R174 is right: she appears to like Meghan and, more than anything, wants to show respect to her father, so she's going to go easy on her and not go after her for the stupid shit she says the way she did Jed. By extension, I think she will likely be more hostile to Sunny than to Meghan, a reality that would completely turn me off the show (which, to be fair, has already happened given that I cannot stand the addition of sour-faced liar McCain).

by Anonymousreply 179October 11, 2017 3:44 AM

I think The View hired Meghan because of her father's illness. They'll get first dibs on his impending death and reaction from Meghan. Sounds morbid, but I worked for ABC for 7 years. I know how they work.

by Anonymousreply 180October 11, 2017 4:01 AM

R178 On Joy's birthday show last week, Triumph the Insult Comic Dog joked: Joy hasn't been in many movies, but her breasts have won two SAG Awards.

by Anonymousreply 181October 11, 2017 4:05 AM

I agree with those that don't get why Mccain was hired. Loved Nicole Wallace because she had real knowledge and experience in Repub politics. Didn't like Jed's views, but she was articulate and anti-Trump. Flabbergasted, why both were fired and this woman whose only claim to fame is being the daughter of a politician. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 182October 11, 2017 4:21 AM

McCain went on a 10-minute rant today about being a minority. A political minority. A Republican in Hollywood. Everyone cried about her very difficult life struggles. All but one of these things happened.

by Anonymousreply 183October 11, 2017 10:53 PM

Meghan has a keen intellect and outstanding intuition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184October 11, 2017 11:01 PM

Sunny and Whoopi message each other a lot off of the show. They're not enemies. Whoopi can run hot and cold with a lot of people. That's just her nature. But she genuinely likes the people on the panel. Rosie was the only one she truly couldn't stand. She adored Nicole Wallace and fought to keep her on.

Joy and Sara were very close with Jed off the show, which could be why neither one was overly thrilled during McCain's first day. Also, none of them were told of Jed's departure until the morning of it, which pissed Whoopi off, more because she thought they should have been given more time. Haines was surprisingly busting Whoopi's chops after Whoopi made a big speech to John and Cindy about how "We got your girls back".

by Anonymousreply 185October 11, 2017 11:10 PM

I disagree R174, Whoopi may have been noticeably irritated by Jed but she made a comment after Jed was fired about not "messing with things" and then added "Are you listening ABC?" I think she understood they had a great panel with good chemistry and they blew it for this annoying child of a Senator.

R183, Whoopi made an interesting observation when Megan complained about the way she was treated in LA because of her conservative views. Whoopi said Hollywood is neither Liberal nor Conservative they're for whatever is in style. As an example she mentioned the McCarthy era when many so called Socialists were blackballed from LA/NY because conservative views were supposed to reflect the norm so actors, writers, producers and directors threw anyone and everyone under the bus in order to stay employed.

by Anonymousreply 186October 11, 2017 11:22 PM

R186 Whoopi has talked about (dare I say educated about) that before, reminding us that when Hollywood was founded it was a very conservative town, and particularly with the advent of the Hayes code era. She said the liberal slant of Hollywood is actually the backlash of lessons learned from McCarthyist blacklisting of non-conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 187October 11, 2017 11:38 PM

While it may seem as though Hollywood has always been liberal, it hasn’t. Very few people today realize that at one point in the development of American cinema, conservatives ruled the movie-making industry.

Santa Monica College Professor Larry Ceplair, co-author of "The Inquisition in Hollywood," wrote that during the ‘20s and ‘30s, most studio heads were conservative Republicans who spent millions of dollars to block union and guild organizing.

Likewise, the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, the Moving Picture Machine Operators, and the Screen Actors Guild were all headed by conservatives, as well.

HOLLYWOOD SCANDALS AND CENSORSHIP In the early 1920s, a series of scandals rocked Hollywood. According to authors Kristin Thompson and David Bordwell, silent film star Mary Pickford divorced her first husband in 1921 so that she could marry the attractive Douglas Fairbanks. Later that year, Roscoe “Fatty” Arbuckle was accused (but later acquitted) of raping and murdering a young actress during a wild party. In 1922, after director William Desmond Taylor was found murdered, the public learned of his lurid love affairs with some of Hollywood’s best-known actresses. The final straw came in 1923, when Wallace Reid, a ruggedly handsome actor, died of a morphine overdose.

In themselves, these incidents were a cause for sensation but taken together, studio bosses worried they would be accused of promoting immorality and self-indulgence.

As it was, a number of protest groups had successfully lobbied Washington and the federal government was looking to impose censorship guidelines on the studios. Rather than losing control of their product and face the involvement of the government, the Motion Picture Producers and Distributors of American (MPPDA) hired Warren Harding’s Republican postmaster general, Will Hays, to address the problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188October 11, 2017 11:42 PM

McCain, the white daughter of privilege, is the victim. Always.

by Anonymousreply 189October 12, 2017 12:43 AM

I loved Meghan's comment that (aside from FOX) every panel on television has one token conservative , usually against 4 liberals. Truer words were never spoken.

by Anonymousreply 190October 12, 2017 12:48 AM

"It should be a panel consisting of two Dems, two conservatives, and one or two independents, but now it's just an hour of Trump bashing--which he deserves--but it defeats the supposed purpose of the show."

Uh, it's not a news show, why would their voter registration matter and why do they have to be objective?

"I didn't like Bila or share her opinions, but she seemed like a thinking and articulate adult, and that's leaps and bounds beyond the show's standards in recent years."

She's a Republican, so....no, she's not intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 191October 12, 2017 12:51 AM

R191, The View is part of ABC News Division. Someone upthread accused Jed of spreading false facts but the co-hosts (save for Whoopi?) have to wear an earpiece to the control room and if they say anything that is not factual they are immediately corrected and have to tell the audience the correct info.

As for Meghan - Holy shit she is annoying. She was probably advised to go full-bore and not allow herself to be steamrolled by the other co-hosts but she does not shut up and when another co-host tries to join in she talks right over them. And don't get me started on her voice...an hour of that is too much to take.

by Anonymousreply 192October 12, 2017 4:28 PM

The View is unwatchable again.

by Anonymousreply 193October 12, 2017 10:21 PM

Meghan's voice literally makes my ears bleed. I spent a few hours in the ER today!

by Anonymousreply 194October 12, 2017 10:41 PM

I didn't agree with Jedediah, but she was infinitely more interesting to watch than Meghan McCain.

by Anonymousreply 195October 15, 2017 5:55 PM

And The View says Goodbye to...Jed...Jeded..Jedededuh....oh, whoever, just go already!

by Anonymousreply 196October 15, 2017 6:09 PM

Meghan McCain is just not appealing in the least. If you notice her, she always has this scowl of disapproval on her face, even when someone makes a joke and the rest of the co-hosts (and audience) are laughing. If anything, she will just barely crack a smile as if she's thinking "I guess I need to pretend like I find any of this amusing." She's just a personality-free, pretend-liberal-when-it-suits-her phony who does nothing but bring the table down. I can't imagine that the other ladies are happy that she's there.

I was no fan of Jed (who was also phony in her own ways) but I'd prefer her a million times over Meghan McCain.

by Anonymousreply 197October 15, 2017 6:22 PM

[quote]Meghan McCain is just not appealing in the least. If you notice her, she always has this scowl of disapproval on her face, even when someone makes a joke and the rest of the co-hosts (and audience) are laughing.

R197. That's usually because the joke often about Trump being a moron. And Meghan is a dyed-in-the-wool disgusting Repug, and she's going to defend Repugs no matter what even if it's Trump truly being a moron.

by Anonymousreply 198October 15, 2017 6:58 PM

Agreed, r197. Meghan McCain is just awful. She is so glum and wrapped up in her identity as a mavericky conservative. The other women are just who they are yet happen to have their political opinions, whereas McCain exists on TV just for her political opinions.

by Anonymousreply 199October 15, 2017 10:44 PM

[quote]She's just a personality-free, pretend-liberal-when-it-suits- - her phony who does nothing but bring the table down. I can't imagine that the other ladies are happy that she's there.

On what planet is Meghan McCain a LIBERAL? She's a ReThug through and through. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 200October 16, 2017 12:15 AM

R200, Meghan has long marketed herself as this "true-blue Republican but with liberal views" just because she has gay friends and believes in gay marriage. It's also why she's always trying to paint herself as some kind of victim because of the way she claims she's been treated by the left despite her liberal views. The reality, however, is just that we know a phony when we see one. McCain is only a liberal when it suits her -- i.e., it's been her manufactured calling card for years in order to carve out a niche for herself in the world of political commentary but she is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a liberal. As others have noted, she will defend even the most heinous policies of the Republican party and attack the Dems and liberals trying to stand in their way (all the while offering up only the mildest of criticisms of Trump in an attempt to look moderate).

So yes, as you so perfectly stated at the end of your post, fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 201October 16, 2017 3:43 AM

On Meghan's first day, she bragged she was a Conservative from a Red State. I laugh when these faux Conservatives who are liberal on social issues won't admit their liberalism.

by Anonymousreply 202October 17, 2017 2:02 AM

This morning, while the ladies were speaking over the phone with the Florida Representative who was with the one soldier's wife when T called her, and to which she received applause for comments about T, Meghan haughtily began her questions with "Can I first say that I don't like hearing applause when someone calls the President of the United States a liar?" What the serious fuck! I hope ABC and the show receives lots of comments.

by Anonymousreply 203October 18, 2017 3:33 PM

R203 I was just looking at their Facebook page, and even the fraus hate her!

by Anonymousreply 204October 18, 2017 5:08 PM

R203, anyone with a functioning brain, and a New Yorker, already knows Trump IS a fucking liar, he always was and always will be. Most New Yorkers were quite aware of the faker Trump has always been, he's essentially a carnival barker, not a serious businessman.

Meghan is real head case and a total phony, hope she's gone in a few months. She will likely be let go after her dad passes away.

by Anonymousreply 205October 18, 2017 5:23 PM

Has Megan commented on how Fox News has made non stop attacks on her father now that he is an enemy of Trump? Is she loyal to anyone?

by Anonymousreply 206October 18, 2017 6:09 PM

[quote]Has Megan commented on how Fox News has made non stop attacks on her father now that he is an enemy of Trump? Is she loyal to anyone?

Meghan, like Trump, is loyal to the Almighty Dollar.

by Anonymousreply 207October 19, 2017 5:24 AM

Why does she have a boy's name. I hate that.

by Anonymousreply 208October 19, 2017 5:32 AM

Meghan McCain said she doesn't like hearing people saying that president of the United States is a liar.

Fuck you, McCain. Your fellow Repig Trump is a fucking liar. Say it. He's a fucking liar. You just won't admit it.

by Anonymousreply 209October 19, 2017 8:35 AM

I noticed that Whoops wasn't very pleasant to Ms. Bila, talikng over her and cutting away to commercials when she'd get too pissed at her. Not very professional at all. True, I didn't agree with some of what Jed was saying, but I'm going to prove as a gay man how shallow I CAN BE! The girl is gorgeous, such style, that hair, the outfits...she brought some much needed pizzazz to "The View." Now I seen the show maybe twice since Ms. McCain came on, and think "This was your answer?" Can't stand her AT ALL, joining a list a several I felt that way about: Hasselbeck (a given), Jenny McCarthy, Rosie Perez...

by Anonymousreply 210January 25, 2018 2:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!