Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Official TORI AMOS (tearing your anus) Thread

I love my mum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296December 21, 2018 5:43 PM

Tori talks with Harpers Bazaar about how to deal with your haters...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2017 5:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2017 5:37 PM

Yikes ! Terrible work on her face she had. Why!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2017 5:41 PM

R1 Why did Madonna, Why did Cher, Why have a million other musicians?

Also, she looks DIVINE.

Check this bitch out here (from earlier this week):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2017 6:07 PM

For me the album sorta proves one thing; she should make a solo acoustic record. She her piano or even adding organ, Rhodes and maybe some strings. Everything brilliant on the album is basically her and her piano, even in the more heavily produced songs,the sound of her playing and singing shines through. For me the bad, cheap production really drags the album down.

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2017 6:15 PM

I disagree about "the bad cheap production" bit. "Native Invader" is lunch and intricate, and her husband's guitar work is finally up to par. This album along with her 2011 ode to classical music, Night of Hunters" are both her most personal, coherent and thrilling albums since her masterful and legendary 90's run.

We do agree on her piano and keyboard playing. This is the true linchpin of Amos success. It's always been her prodigious piano chops that take the songs to their barest point. Elton John once commented that he wish he had Amos left hand. The elemental and transcendent piano lines she produces with that hand alone make understand why.

A solo piano album is definitely what she should do next. And she should be loose with it. Her best songs have come from improvising. "Marianne" and "Yes, Anastasia" were both one-time wonders that she's had difficulty replicating. She was lucky the sound engineers were recording even when she was "just fiddling around," as she puts it.

A piano album from her would be epic.

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2017 6:27 PM

^sorry for the typos. Also, it should be "one-take wonders".

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2017 6:28 PM

I don't know of anyone since Hendrix and Joplin that plays like this.

That shit @ 4:30 is INSANE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2017 6:33 PM

I mean, seriously. Who does that?

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2017 6:34 PM

I would love to hear solo demos for Spark, Liquid Diamonds and Hotel on the Choirgirl reissue.

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2017 6:39 PM

There are "artists" and then there are artists who are "musicians" . She is an a great artist and a great musician.

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2017 1:12 AM

Queen.

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2017 5:31 AM

Omg. She did not. lol! Yas, mama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2017 6:41 AM

I've finally fallen for Reindeer King. it took a while though, but I have, I have finally fallen for it.

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2017 12:21 PM

R13 At this point it seems more like a YKTR tour than a Native Invader tour. Hasn't she played more songs from 1988 than from 2017 (only two, I think) so far?

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2017 1:41 PM

I think the full band tour is going to be the US tour.

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2017 2:48 PM

She already saod more songs are coming. She kust started touring less than two weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2017 5:35 PM

R17 I hope so. Has she ever sung live any of her duets with Tash or Kelsey?

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2017 5:38 PM

R18 Nope.

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2017 8:31 PM

Is the US tour really with the band!???

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2017 8:35 PM

My premature "Native Invader" Song ranking (FYI: This was hard because I love each song so:

Climb

Bang

Mary's Eyes

Reindeer King

Bats

Breakaway

Upside Down 2

Wildwood

Broken Arrow

Benjamin

Up the Creek

Wings

Chocolate Song

Cloud Riders

Russia

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2017 8:39 PM

Yes, mama. Bring it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 17, 2017 7:14 AM

So Bang into Climb into Bats is everything I never knew I needed. I can listen to those three in that order on a loop forevah.

by Anonymousreply 23September 17, 2017 7:55 AM

Bitch, R23, give Benjamin some love. I simply LOVE that song. add it to your loop list, motherfucker!

Eat my pussy.

by Anonymousreply 24September 17, 2017 12:42 PM

What's with the googly eyed glasses look? She looks like Mr. Magoo.

by Anonymousreply 25September 17, 2017 2:52 PM

R25 She is 55 years old and she can't see without her glasses anymore. She has said this many times. And so she's made the best of it by making big wacky glasses part of her personal style. She also has very painful TMJ that I believe resulted in maxillofacial surgery, which has something to do with having the teeth changed, and the jaw pain affects how she sings. Some of the affectations people resent about her have a medical basis.

by Anonymousreply 26September 17, 2017 2:58 PM

From CBS News: "I am going to wear the glasses," Tori Amos announced on stage, "because in my menopausal state I need to see!"

by Anonymousreply 27September 17, 2017 3:00 PM

R24 I love all the new girls, bitch, lol. The three I listed are the heart of the album.

by Anonymousreply 28September 17, 2017 3:52 PM

R28 I agree with you about Climb and Bang being the heart. Bang is really the central focus to me. It's pretty psychedelic. She said in a recent interview that she doesn't take any drugs anymore, but Night of Hunters is explicitly about an entheogenic experience, and so are Bang and Wildwood. I wonder if she can still access those other realms of reality as a shaman now through her music without needing the technology of plant medicine.

by Anonymousreply 29September 17, 2017 4:01 PM

R29 I think so. She also said Night of Hunters was connected to Boys for Pele, hence the tree on both CDs.

by Anonymousreply 30September 17, 2017 6:02 PM

Oh, it surely is. They're all connected in a lot of ways. Native Invader is spiritually Scarlet's Walk and Night of Hunters without any doubt, but Boys for Pele's spirit is there, too.

by Anonymousreply 31September 17, 2017 6:05 PM

Her boring looks, boring voice and boring comments all fit with her boring music perfectly.

A Frau she was and a Frau she be.

by Anonymousreply 32September 17, 2017 6:22 PM

Frau? Did she write songs about scrapbooking and fibromyalgia? Her lyrics are antithetical to everything fraus represent.

by Anonymousreply 33September 17, 2017 7:27 PM

R29 Also, yeah, "Bang" is everything. I've unexpectedly connected to it emotionally.

by Anonymousreply 34September 17, 2017 8:27 PM

R32 Sounds like you're eerily describing yourself, dear.

by Anonymousreply 35September 17, 2017 8:29 PM

Debuts at #8 in the US.

She's still got it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 17, 2017 9:03 PM

Congratulations, Queen, on your 9th Top 10 album!

by Anonymousreply 37September 18, 2017 7:29 AM

So, the "from the choirgirl hotel" reissue is up next.

She needs to include a DVD with her Sessions at West 54th Street set. Probably her best live performance ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 18, 2017 7:56 AM

Am I the only one who hears little to no difference in the remastered albums? I am one of her biggest fans, but it's kind of funny to me that people have complained about her production quality declining over the past decade, and she's newly remastering albums that she made back when people liked the production quality...

by Anonymousreply 39September 18, 2017 9:41 AM

R39 I hear a difference, especially with LE.

Also, I'm loving her performances this tour.

by Anonymousreply 40September 19, 2017 10:07 PM

Mother šŸ˜­

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 19, 2017 10:10 PM

Queen is still slaying me.

by Anonymousreply 42September 20, 2017 5:38 PM

The shows very short, calming , and sweet. Not much FIRE but very good vibes.

Tori seems hesitant or worried...

I love her like my sister.

by Anonymousreply 43September 20, 2017 6:35 PM

R43 Her mother is dying. :(

by Anonymousreply 44September 20, 2017 7:52 PM

She looks so good in the pic below. #9, baby!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 20, 2017 7:56 PM

Somehow, "Breakaway" became a lament for when my mom passes within the next 10-20 years.

I know. It's a far stretch, but the best Tori songs are so malleable. Fuck. Only Tori can pull this shit from me. Not even Jessica.

My mom is "the Bard" in the song. Duh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 21, 2017 4:34 AM

Also, I actually cried to "Chocolate Song"...

Like, WTF?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 21, 2017 4:41 AM

I have no words for "Climb".

Let's just say it came at a crucial, faith-testing time in my life and it's perfect.

It single-handedly elevates the album to another level, along with "Bang" and "Bats".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 21, 2017 4:58 AM

How can you not find this sexy and bewitching?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 21, 2017 4:59 AM

This is my panty throw to Tori.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 21, 2017 5:23 AM

Breakaway has become a huge favorite of mine. I think it will be the underrated track on this album. Very much a modern day Baker Baker. Someone on another board said Tori is lamenting her musical not going further. Totally see this in the song now..

And now I have finally come around to Russia! That Native Invader line gets me right in my heart.

Bats is sexy as fuck. It reminds meow Sweet Sangria. Its far deeper than you would expect.

Climb is still not getting me, other than that first part. But my god I love the St Veronica lyrics.

And Benjamin is probably my favorite of all.

by Anonymousreply 51September 21, 2017 4:29 PM

R51 I agree about "Russia".

"Broken Arrow" is also quite transfixing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 21, 2017 5:07 PM

Wildwood is like a collaboration between Tori, Kate Bush and Stevie Nicks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 21, 2017 5:25 PM

Most of this album can be mixed up with most of Scarlet's Walk for a pretty consistent and moving playlist.

by Anonymousreply 54September 21, 2017 10:25 PM

R54 They go even better with choirgirl and Venus songs.

by Anonymousreply 55September 22, 2017 2:01 AM

Confession:

I would've maybe retitled "Upside Down 2" as "Falling Down" and sandwiched it between "Benjamin" and "Mary's Eyes".

One of my favorite things she's done ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 22, 2017 2:14 AM

R56 If it were titled differently, it would lose its connection with Upside Down. I'm sure Tori hopes the songs will illuminate one another. This album resonates very strongly and explicitly with a lot of her earlier music, not by accident.

by Anonymousreply 57September 22, 2017 8:22 AM

Two vocal moments on this album break my heart.

1. Chocolate Song at 2:00. A half second of silence, a beat: I don't have to like swinging from extremes: The lows so low, the highs so high. (Especially the last word.)

2. Upside Down: "uhh-huh-uh-us." (Kills me. She should forgo the echo effects and let us hear her perfectly vulnerable voice.)

by Anonymousreply 58September 22, 2017 12:00 PM

R57 Interesting. Either way, I would've liked it on the album. It's a somber but quietly uplifting song.

Less is more though, especially regarding this album, so I understand why it didn't make the cut. However, I'll include it on my version of the album.

It's still amazing to me that that's the only change I'd make this era. It feels so good to have music like this from her again.

Oh, I would've made one more change. THIS should've been the picture accompanying the "Bats" lyrics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 22, 2017 6:32 PM

I'm very curious about the packaging. It's interesting to me that the artwork has universal acclaim from fans, but I haven't seen any discussion about it beyond "it's great." The photo of her hunched over by the knives in the wall is so bizarre and eerie and Blair Witchy to me, and others of her in the forest with talismans are witchy in a medicine woman/shaman kind of way...and NO discussion of her informal coming out as a pagan shaman?!!

by Anonymousreply 60September 22, 2017 6:48 PM

R60 So true!

This era's artwork is subtle and sublime.

Her best since from the choirgirl hotel.

by Anonymousreply 61September 22, 2017 7:16 PM

I just realized that the piano breakdown in "Edge of the Moon" is derivative of the piano breakdown in "Spark".

@ 2:44.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 22, 2017 7:27 PM

Well fuck, Now Russia is favorite.

I didn't even listen to the B sides, as neither grabbed me.

It has been a long time since I turned consistently to an album of Tori's (Its always been the live shows playing on my iPod)

This one is a keeper.

by Anonymousreply 63September 23, 2017 11:49 AM

This is such an underrated collaboration.

Her piano playing is elemental in this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 23, 2017 7:06 PM

Tori performing Upside Down 2 on German TV.

My favorite of the b-sides. So bittersweet and hopeful.

by Anonymousreply 65September 23, 2017 7:11 PM

Link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 23, 2017 7:11 PM

I've had 4 glasses of wine and I have finally bonded with Wildwood!!!

It is gorgeous under the influence, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 67September 23, 2017 11:00 PM

R67 It is the influence. Wildwood is a companion to Battle of Trees. SO many layers. And also if you haven't yet, be sure to read about the British wildwood of folklore. It really illuminates this album and in some ways Night of Hunters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 23, 2017 11:25 PM

I love when that happens, R67.

by Anonymousreply 69September 24, 2017 3:32 AM

"Reindeer King" is a masterpiece, the rest of the album bored me. It feels very easy listening country. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 70September 24, 2017 5:57 AM

Really R70?

I ask you to at least reconsider:

Broken Arrow

Breakaway

Bang

Bats

Benjamin

Mary's Eyes

And Russia, which is basically Not The Red Baron in a much more literal way..

by Anonymousreply 71September 24, 2017 2:11 PM

John P. Shenale retweeted my tweet of my favorite performance of Reindeer King so far.

I feel so close yet so far, lol.

by Anonymousreply 72September 24, 2017 7:17 PM

Mark, Stop making Tori all about YOU.

You are very talented and you don't need HER voice BITCH, because YOU HAVE YOUR OWN, BITCH.

We know that Shenale and you correspond and it says a lot about your talent too.

by Anonymousreply 73September 25, 2017 2:32 PM

R73 Coming from you, that's very sweet.

by Anonymousreply 74September 25, 2017 2:49 PM

Go let your monkey out to taste the sweet of spring, CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 75September 25, 2017 7:07 PM

R75 lmao. You're so bad. Please don't tell me you're Sergio or Sigg.

by Anonymousreply 76September 25, 2017 8:15 PM

Yaaaaassss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77September 25, 2017 8:32 PM

R77 Perfection

by Anonymousreply 78September 25, 2017 9:11 PM

Is it me or does she give some serious '92-'96 vibes here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 25, 2017 9:46 PM

When she smiles and bites her lip during "the moon's of Jupiter" bit... šŸ˜­!

This might be my favorite live performance of hers of the last 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 80September 25, 2017 9:50 PM

The improvised intro to this is everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81September 25, 2017 9:52 PM

I cannot believe it has been 23 years since I saw her live and she's still at it, and has become a lovely, still eccentric eccentric lady.

by Anonymousreply 82September 25, 2017 10:20 PM

21st Century Tori (Spotify Playlist). Enjoy on shuffle, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83September 26, 2017 4:11 AM

P.S. This may be blasphemous to some of you bitches, but I don't include the concept albums (SLG-ADP) or anything from AAtS-gr.

Everything is from NoH, UG, and NI, with some collaborations, instrumentals from Sin Palabras and her solo renditions of two The Light Princess songs, which are truly DIVINE.

Everything on this playlist is classy, effortless, interesting and piano heavy, with some exceptions.

These songs compiled remind me of how much gorgeous, genius work she's produced this century.

by Anonymousreply 84September 26, 2017 4:24 AM

*anything from AAtS-GD.

by Anonymousreply 85September 26, 2017 4:25 AM

P.P.S. NoH is not a concept album, it's an extremely personal song cycle chronicling the splintering and mending of a marriage through the pov of a woman who delves back into myths and deep spirituality to healwith the aide, literally, of her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 86September 26, 2017 4:28 AM

Poops! I lied, lol. I did include 3 songs from GD on the playlist: Flavor, Girl Disappearing and Snow Cherries from France. Really, the ideal versions of each of those songs.

by Anonymousreply 87September 26, 2017 4:40 AM

I can't believe I'm sharing this, but it's the DL so I feel entitled to be crazier than usual.

I was broken today. Could feel my fingertips grazing the bottle of vodka and pack of cigs, but I pulled back as if struck by a flash of pure light.

At home, with nothing but good old trusty Mary Jane, I listened to some music until I felt that voice just above my diaphragm say, "Go. Now. Play and record."

And so I did. It's messy, vulnerable and elusive just like me, but I'm proud of it. I have quite a bit to uncover with this one.

I called him "Clean & Sober".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 26, 2017 6:44 AM

Um. Yes. Very different from how she usually does this mash-up but it works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89September 26, 2017 5:05 PM

Upside Down 2 from the German TV show. Love how she looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 26, 2017 5:11 PM

Please let this happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91September 27, 2017 5:00 PM

T talks with Rolling Stone. Published 2 hours ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 27, 2017 7:42 PM

Tired old bitches trying so hard to keep this thread alive.

by Anonymousreply 93September 27, 2017 11:26 PM

R93 But you're reading and responding to it .

This thread is probably more alive than you are.

by Anonymousreply 94September 28, 2017 1:15 AM

Why so many threads about this person??

by Anonymousreply 95September 28, 2017 1:23 AM

Tori did CLIMB tonight live!

Since I'm not wowed by the album version (I am apparently only one ) I am vibing that the live version will kick my ass..

by Anonymousreply 96September 29, 2017 10:15 PM

"Breakaway" is one of my favourites from the new album. Supposedly it's about her experience with The Light Princess musical, but I associate it with my disappointment and sense of betrayal at all the in-fighting within the left right now:

[quote] no I don't expect/you to forgive me this/siding with the soldiers who say/we cannot win the day

[quote] a theatre of war the frame/inner conflicts now reign/their intent: division till/there is no side to take

[quote] you feel betrayed/and I feel played/by our so called friends/not the friends we should have made

by Anonymousreply 97September 29, 2017 10:32 PM

Her Pitchfork interview is incredible. I understand why people would reject her New Age-y/self-help-y insights--I would have years ago--but she is really a fountain of wisdom and empathy. Decades ago I thought she was nutso and potentially schizophrenic but now that I have read a lot about shamanism, indigenous beliefs and Gnosticism, I understand where she is coming from and respect it utterly.

by Anonymousreply 98September 30, 2017 5:45 PM

Wildwood has now gone from near the bottom of my list to near the top. THIS song could have been on Choirgirl or Venus.

Gosh it has enchanted me.

by Anonymousreply 99October 8, 2017 1:00 AM

Wildwood is a beautiful prayer to Gaia.

by Anonymousreply 100October 8, 2017 6:48 PM

Shit thread!

by Anonymousreply 101October 8, 2017 6:53 PM

Go give Taylor Swift your money, R101

by Anonymousreply 102October 8, 2017 6:58 PM

So good.

by Anonymousreply 103October 11, 2017 8:52 PM

The two b-sides paired with Cloud Riders AND Up the Creek are getting released on vinyl.

Also, still loving the album.

by Anonymousreply 104October 19, 2017 9:30 PM

Fantastic new interview. Love her story about Prince going to see her in 2007.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105October 21, 2017 3:30 AM

Omfg. This Q & A with Noah is everything. When she started listing the other songs that didn't make it, I screamed.

"Black is the Color"

"Stone by Stone"

"Baptize Your Love"

Such a good interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106October 21, 2017 4:26 AM

R106 I am envious of their rapport. They do seem like genuine friends. I love this interview and the one someone posted above it because theyā€™re not for general audiences. Theyā€™re interviews by appreciative fans for appreciative fans.

I am not a Harry Potter fanatic but I took a quiz because Tori keeps talking about it. According to Buzzfeedā€™s quiz, I am a slight majority Ravenclaw (like Tori), but with a lot of Hufflepuff, which if says means that I am kinder than most Ravenclaw people are. Not much slytherin, which means Iā€™m not very ambitious or cutthroat to get what I want, which is true.

by Anonymousreply 107October 21, 2017 4:56 PM

Her story behind "Bats", which has crept into my top 5 on the album, was exactly something I was hoping to hear from her.

"I don't know what was in my tea that day!" šŸ˜‚ So perfect. The song sound spirited and inspired and I wouldn't be surprised if she had a little herb with that tea while composing it.

by Anonymousreply 108October 22, 2017 8:15 AM

If you see-ee thre-ee candles in the wind-ooowwww

LOVE BATS!!!

The album has only gotten better with repeated listens.

Good job, T!

by Anonymousreply 109October 22, 2017 9:44 AM

The early assessments, including Noah Michelsonā€™s, of the album have proved correct. Itā€™s one of the best she has been inspired to make and weā€™re lucky to have it. In spirit, to me, itā€™s Scarlet + ADP / Night of Hunters. Actually, itā€™s my wish-come-true of a pop interpretation of Night of Hunters and it could not have been done better. Itā€™s a lesson: Once you find a genius, never give up on her. Remember that most geniuses create only a few master works, with the work in between being necessary progress and part of the process.

by Anonymousreply 110October 22, 2017 4:36 PM

R109 / R110. I want your cocks in me now.

by Anonymousreply 111October 22, 2017 7:21 PM

"Broken Arrow" still makes me cum.

by Anonymousreply 112October 22, 2017 7:29 PM

Another great interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113October 23, 2017 10:06 PM

Note: T's commentary on the recent Weinstein scandal and her own battles- at 15!- in the Washington D.C. bar circuit is chilling.

by Anonymousreply 114October 23, 2017 10:14 PM

O.M.F.G.

What she did last night with "Blood Roses" is career-best level. She performed it with both meditative tranquility AND demonic intensity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 29, 2017 3:52 AM

Also, I want a solo piano/keyboard album from her sooo bad.

by Anonymousreply 116October 29, 2017 3:53 AM

The improv before Blood Roses is one for the ages.

I was not impressed with the european clips of this tour as Tori seemed overly restrained, nervous, and tentative.

I read the set list for this show in Chicago and it looked like a big blah. Then I watched the songs on Youtube and LOVED THEM. Even Croce's Operator, a song that I have never enjoyed was lovely.

In fact the shows so far in the US look really great.

I will never count this phenomenal woman out.

by Anonymousreply 117October 29, 2017 6:17 PM

I love Tori Amos more than a person should be able to love someone they donā€™t know. The interview above with the two other women deepened my appreciation for her tenfold. I am not an obsessive collector of all things Tori and memorobilia who catalogs her performances of each song, etc. (LOTS of those exist.) But the way she thinks and speaks, and the music she creates, are simply extraordinary. I really regard her as some kind of spiritual guide, and I donā€™t think that that is an overstatement. She is several levels elevated above most of humanity.

by Anonymousreply 118October 29, 2017 6:24 PM

R118. You have described her perfectly. She is very much a shaman of sorts. And if you listen to her describe how the songs come to her, she is definitely guided by some kind of innate intelligence. Her mind is extraordinary.

by Anonymousreply 119October 29, 2017 6:34 PM

R119 I agree. I almost cried listening to her discuss the process of writing Bang, which may be my favorite song. I used to write fiction and I experienced what she described a lotā€”thoughts materializing faster than you can keep up with them, and then having a responsibility to make sense of them because you know they belong. But I never had the discipline she has.

I do regard her as a shaman. When I saw the cover art, I had a notion this album would be her official coming out as a medicine woman, and I think it is. She either transformed with the song Winterā€™s Carol, or she gave herself the permission to acknowledge that she has a spiritual pagan agenda and to let it out in a less enigmatic way. Night of Hunters is shamanic. This album is shamanic. In that interview above, she calls the album a wildwood where people who need a magic mushroom can find one, and people who need clear water will find it. Everything she says is imbued with meaning beyond the surface, and itā€™s all based in compassion. I donā€™t see anyone else like that anywhere in this world.

by Anonymousreply 120October 29, 2017 6:44 PM

R120 So agree about Hunters and Invader being shamanic.

Pele is probably her most shamanic record, imo. All of her work is really, going back to Little Earthquakes, which is a deeply shamanic song.

Also, the full concert vids that are popping up on YouTube are really great.

This one made me feel like I was in the audience. I teared up during Take to the Sky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121October 29, 2017 7:31 PM

Note, these are actual vids, not justly audio. They're especially great to watch on a big screen tv. It almost gives you the same feeling you'd get being there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122October 29, 2017 7:33 PM

Part two of MN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123October 29, 2017 7:34 PM

Part three of MN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124October 29, 2017 7:35 PM

Another ridiculously lyincredible interview with Noah.

They need to do a web series stat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125November 12, 2017 3:48 PM

That was an outstanding interview. I loved that they talked about vocal issues. Tori has certainly struggled this tour vocally, but she is 54 for christ sake. I love how she brought up Sugar. I watched a few performances on Youtube from 2014, all of which she nailed and after each one, she was like PRAISE JESUS that I nailed that song. Its very cool to see her reaction. After hearing how she sounds this tour, I am not surprised that she is not even attempting it.

I have been watching the Periscopes and last nights show in North Carolina was her best vocally. It was really great.

by Anonymousreply 126November 12, 2017 3:52 PM

R126 I need to watch those Periscopes.

I love how surprised she seemed to hear that people would "run" to see her perform all of Pele at a show. Still humble after all of these years.

I live in South Florida, so hearing her talk about composing Mary's Eyes in the dark in her beach house in West Palm Beach was pretty great.

by Anonymousreply 127November 12, 2017 4:10 PM

CBS interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128November 12, 2017 4:24 PM

Tori Amos? LOL, go back to the 90s, methuselah

by Anonymousreply 129November 12, 2017 4:29 PM

Her voice was very thin in the CBS performances, but her interview was lovely. If (God forbid!) she ever retires from music, I hope she does a podcast or writes books. Sheā€™s brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 130November 12, 2017 8:19 PM

She's an artist, My fave:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131November 12, 2017 8:24 PM

And, a brilliant cover of A CASE OF YOU. No one else could do this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132November 12, 2017 8:26 PM

She is an artist indeed. And for me a spiritual inspiration. I downloaded Taylor Swiftā€™s new album and I like a lot of the songs on first listen. I usually dislike Toriā€™s best song with the first listen...and then they become lifelong essential music for me. I donā€™t mind pop music products, but Tori Amos is music-music, complete with the muses.

by Anonymousreply 133November 12, 2017 8:28 PM

[r133] Agreed. This court is adjourned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134November 12, 2017 8:32 PM

R132 Strange Little Girls is the only Tori Amos album I donā€™t like. It doesnā€™t seem like her at all to me. It doesnā€™t contain her spirit. Thatā€™s probably because itā€™s all covers, but...A Case of You and Famous Blue Raincoat are among my favorite Tori songs, which is odd considering they arenā€™t hers.

by Anonymousreply 135November 12, 2017 8:33 PM

I LOVE Strange Little Girls.

by Anonymousreply 136November 12, 2017 11:32 PM

The Beacon show contains an amazing performance of Pancake. Stunning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137November 12, 2017 11:36 PM

I ordered you a payeencayeeeeeeaaaaaaayyyyyyk-eh

by Anonymousreply 138November 13, 2017 12:16 AM

Did anyone post the debut of To The Fair Motormaids of Japan yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139November 13, 2017 12:57 PM

R139. Nope. I thought her second performance of the song was ON POINT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140November 13, 2017 4:41 PM

Are there any unreleased songs from Choirgirl that might get onto the reissue?

by Anonymousreply 141November 13, 2017 5:22 PM

I disagree, the 2nd performance was NOT AWN PERNT! She was horribly off key in Boston. The Madison performance was AWESOME!

Holy fuck, let me say that T's voice has been temperamental during this tour, but the recent fucking North Carolina and Nashville shows have been AMAZING.

Tori is using her chest and stomach voice and it serves her so much better, I lover her rock and roll deep voice, most people do not.

by Anonymousreply 142November 13, 2017 5:52 PM

The remastered albums have been mostly disappointing insofar as bonus material. I buy them all, mind you. I just wish she would pull more from the archives. It seems like she would easily have scores if not hundreds of unreleased tracks shelved.

by Anonymousreply 143November 13, 2017 5:55 PM

And the first time I have LOVED "Climb" was from this Nashville performance- And her cover of We Don't Need Another Hero was beyond AWN PERNT!!

by Anonymousreply 144November 13, 2017 5:55 PM

She must also have a good few unreleased tracks from the NI sessions.

by Anonymousreply 145November 13, 2017 7:20 PM

Holy fuck. Flicker in Nashville. This bitch nailed it.

This Nashville show will be one of the best live shows of her career I think...

Damn.

by Anonymousreply 146November 13, 2017 8:05 PM

She did Flicker?

by Anonymousreply 147November 13, 2017 10:08 PM

Yes, I am down away by the entire show-

Mother Revolution was AMAZING

Fast Horse- FUCKING AMAZING

Flicker- AMAZING

And these are 3 songs that many Tori fans do not like!

The performances were fucking INSANE.

Honestly, I have been seriously underwhelmed by this tour, and Tori's performances have been extremely dodgy. And god bless her, she has lot going on personally and she owes us nothing. But the the last two shows were on the level of the Strange Little Girls tour in 2001. Which to me were Tori at her absolute peak.

And her piano playing in Nashville was the best I have seen it this tour.

The Beulah Land segue into Climb- unfuckingbelievable. And I have stated numerous times in this thread that I am NOT a fan of Climb. THIS version? Holy fuck.

Tori. I will never doubt you again.

by Anonymousreply 148November 13, 2017 10:40 PM

R148 what surprising and delicious song choices. I need to hear this show!

Also, new interview with Vulture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149November 14, 2017 5:34 PM

Gorgeous shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150November 14, 2017 6:03 PM

Nashville

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151November 14, 2017 6:10 PM

Yas!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152November 15, 2017 1:40 AM

HOLY FUCK. Tori has lost her voice (thanks to Nashville) and is doing some fucking RANDOM and amazing show in New Orleans. She's totally is fucking with the set list and breaking every rule of the tour. Tons of covers and using her deep chest voice. Its a fucking crazy and somehow amazing show. Watching on Periscope.

by Anonymousreply 153November 15, 2017 2:26 AM

R153 That was quite stunning.

In other news, how the fuck am I three years late in discovering this?

My jaw has officially dropped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154November 18, 2017 10:14 AM

Thanks for posting about New Orleans. I am watching Do It Again. I love her using her lower register.

by Anonymousreply 155November 19, 2017 2:31 PM

I'm intermittently crying and feeling strengthened by the new album tonight. It's been a merciless last couple of days. Though I loved it from the first listen, I don't think I truly realized it's emotional power and resonance until tonight.

The music makes me ache and reflect and I feel all the stronger for it.

Thanks, T.

by Anonymousreply 156November 22, 2017 6:59 AM

P.S. Upside Down 2 doesn't get enough love from the fans. It's one of my favorite songs of hers EVER and definitely among the best songs from this era.

by Anonymousreply 157November 22, 2017 7:05 AM

P.P.S. "Climb" into "Bang" into "Bats" is everything to me. Everything. It slays, buries, resurrects and prompts me to ascension.

by Anonymousreply 158November 22, 2017 7:10 AM

BUT "Benjamin" and "Mary's Eyes" also make up her best closer since choirgirl.

by Anonymousreply 159November 22, 2017 7:24 AM

I can't help but hear Kate Bush when she sings, especially songs where it's just her and the piano.

by Anonymousreply 160November 22, 2017 7:34 AM

R160. Tori is a better pianist, though.

by Anonymousreply 161November 22, 2017 8:59 AM

Iā€™ve posted too much about Tori vs Kate, etc., so just the overall stuff.

Kate is a true musical innovator and a pioneer. At 19 she scored the first number one song written and performed by a womanā€”about an incredible historic novel that was written by a woman. She incorporated dance into her work, expressed herself differently than anyone before her, and she evolved tremendously at her own direction. She writes outstanding songs that explore philosophy and the arts and human empathy, often from the perspective of character who is not Kate Bush. I consider her a musical fiction writer with a theatrical style.

Tori is a true musical virtuoso. I studied creative writing in grad school and my department chair said there are two types of great writers: the innovators and the mastersā€”equally great. Tori is more of a master, Kate more of an innovator. Technically and emotionally, I think a strong argument can be made that Toriā€™s piano playing, her compositions, the resonance and versatility of her voice and the poetry of her lyrics are fuller and more sophisticated in many ways. Where Kate writes a sort of fiction, Tori is a musical essayist who explores her experiences of life, spirituality and religion, and sociopolitical interests. She almost always writes from an intimately personal perspective, and with enigmatic styles that seem to me to be influenced by Joyceā€™s writing.

On the surface, Kate and Tori have a lot of similarities, but they are very different artists who have different interests, perspectives, goals and methods of delivery. I donā€™t personally hear similarities between Kateā€™s theatrical vocals and Toriā€™s unique vocals aside from both having soprano-type voices. I really admire both of them. Tori certainly was influenced by Kate, and thatā€™s a compliment to both of them. People have said that listening to Kateā€™s music itā€™s veritably impossible to identify her influences, and thatā€™s *really* remarkable.

Although she doesnā€™t sound like her, Bjork sounds a lot more derivative of Kate Bush than Tori does.

by Anonymousreply 162November 23, 2017 2:40 AM

R162 Fantastic post. I lo e them both more than anyone should love ANY musical artist.

by Anonymousreply 163November 23, 2017 4:05 AM

Loooved Flicker live.

Also, she debuted Wildwood last night, though I heard it was with a backing track.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164November 23, 2017 7:52 AM

Nashville was the BEST show of the tour times 1,000,000 .I am searching high and low for the live show mp3s.

Her voice was so powerful on Flicker- And her piano playing has been better than I have ever seen.

Its a sadly downplayed tour for the most part, few songs off of the new album, she seem very restrained a lot of the time. What makes it sadder is that the new album is stellar and fans really wan to hear the new songs without backing tracks.

But since Nashville, even with her sickness, she seems to really be coming alive. I am sad this tour is over in a week..

I am really hoping for some kind of short summer tour .

by Anonymousreply 165November 23, 2017 9:30 AM

R165 Has it been confirmed that she's ill?

Also, I have this hunch that she's going to do another tour to properly celebrate this album and it's critical success. She's acknowledged that she simply wasn't prepared to do songs on the album solo and I truly think her talks/interviews with Noah have made her much more aware of what the fans like, love and want from her.

by Anonymousreply 166November 23, 2017 10:15 AM

I think she said there weren't many b-sides for choirgirl and I don't think any unreleased tracks, which makes me think she might not reissue it. There is very little she can do other tan remaster it.

by Anonymousreply 167November 23, 2017 11:57 AM

R166, Yeah, she got really sick right after Nashville. Her voice is supposedly back at least!!! And I really agree R166- This album DESERVES the promotion. Even after 3 months, this album gets BETTER and better. Its a classic. This tour seems truncated and rushed. And I know with Tori's mom and then limited time to prepare, Tori can only do so much. These tours are financed by her so this is a lot of responsibility.

I just don't want this album to disappear and Tori comes back 2-3 years from now, and these songs are just forgotten.

I wonder if Tori knows how much we all love this record. I hope that she knows and is proud.

And those Noah interviews are amazing. Thank god we have a fellow fan who knows what questions to ask. Its a real gift.

by Anonymousreply 168November 23, 2017 1:44 PM

R168 Agree on every point.

by Anonymousreply 169November 23, 2017 5:25 PM

To be honest I've already stopped listening to NI, I did enjoy some of the songs, but it hasn't held me like other albums have this year. I'm still listening to the BFP reissue and I've started listening to FTCGH a lot b/c of the possible reissue. Having sad that Pele, Chorigirl and Venus have always been albums I play a lot, they have never lost their relevance, immediacy, potency and urgency to me.

And Of course I'm listen to Midwinter b/c it's the season and I think it is a great holiday album. I'd say she might do a few MG songs in the Dec. shows.

by Anonymousreply 170November 23, 2017 5:53 PM

[quote]Pele, Chorigirl and Venus have always been albums I play a lot, they have never lost their relevance, immediacy, potency and urgency to me.

Agree. Still, perhaps you haven't had enough time with it.

The albums you've listed have been with us over two decades. Our lives and the events in them have allowed those albums to really find a place in our lives. That's definitely the case with Pele for me.

I didn't expect Native Invader to hit me on a personal level. I loved it from the get but was more intellectual about my love for it. The other evening I just let the songs wash over me emotionally. I felt beaten and invaded, and since I already trusted and approved of her work this outting from a critical point of view, I threw it on instead of one of the classics hoping to connect further with it. For that hour plus I was America and Mary and Benjamin and even chocolate! It really opened up to me in a way I quite haven't felt since her first four masterworks.

Don't judge your reaction to it prematurely. You obviously respected it when it first came out. Now it just needs to weave itself Into the fabric of your life and experiences. That'll come. With life and further experiences, lol.

Also, Midwinter Graces is lovely and totally underrated.

by Anonymousreply 171November 23, 2017 6:51 PM

Broken Arrow is so strange and cathartic and empowering.

by Anonymousreply 172November 23, 2017 7:15 PM

Reading the lyrics for Wildwood while listening to it, I'm utterly struck by this song's genius.

Her lyrics haven't been this stunning since Pele.

Wildwood Poppies Wildwood Touch me

Behind the birches whirl The bongo boys in their summoning The sound seeds now In the fingers of the eastern breeze Where the sleepless wait For her ascent from the perilous pit She said "The only way to change our fate It is to make it rain"

Past the Alders and the Oaks Through the Willow Grove snakes the Ivy's gift Which taught you can't escape anguish But how to live with it Then reports from the robins Form in you an inner radiance It's as if they fused with a spirit you knew Who's come back again

Off the pilgrim's path With the talisman he placed in my hands With its magic mapped from winter's past It leads the way After 3 long months endured with her absent Over dragon lines we walked the current A labyrinth With little green corn shoots Now in abundance As the forest celebrates She says "Make it rain Wildwood Poppies Wildwood Touch me Touch me again"

by Anonymousreply 173November 23, 2017 7:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174November 24, 2017 5:56 AM

Fast Horse solo is amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175November 24, 2017 6:07 AM

This is one of my NI edits. It's more piano and Tori centric. Perfect for on the go listens:

Reindeer King

Broken Arrow

Breakaway

Wildwood

Upside Down 2

Bang

Climb

Bats

Benjamin

Mary's Eyes

by Anonymousreply 176November 24, 2017 9:12 PM

P.S. The closing bass notes on UP2 transition perfectly into the opening bass notes of Bang.

by Anonymousreply 177November 24, 2017 9:14 PM

It feels good to say that Bjorks new album SUCKS but Mama T's album is perfection.

by Anonymousreply 178November 24, 2017 9:18 PM

Native Invader has been a keeper for me and I am so happy. This tour has been a real let down though, but I feel there is more at play regarding that so I am just going to focus on this near perfect album.

It is so funny, my bottom 3 songs are two of most fan's favorite songs on the album!

Top 3: Benjamin- I wil never get enough of this short and sweet song. The segue into Mary's Eyes is perfect. The young meets the old. Brilliant. Broken Arrow- Somehow Sexy as fuck. Then turns sad. Then hopeful. With a line of caution and fear running through it. Have we lost her?? Have we lost her? And that last 20 seconds as it fades out with the barely audible "Have we lost her?" Wildwood tied with Russia and Mary's Eyes and Reindeer King . I CANNOT CHOOSE!!

Bottom 3: Bang- AMAZING lyrics, this should have rocked hard. I love what it says, but musically I just don't feel it. Climb- By far the prettiest opening of any song on the album. Love the lyrics. Simply loathe the vanilla sounding St Veronica parts. The MUSIC, not the lyrics. Chocolate Song- Definitely a private song between Tori and Mark. I don't find it nearly as bad as I initially did, and it has some pretty cool touches. I will never listen to this song though. Ever.

Now if you would have asked me a month ago? I would have put Wings in place of Bang! Wings has fucking grown on me in a big way.

In fact Wildwood and Wings were the growers on this album. Wildwood has such atmosphere.I feel like I am in the Wildwood. Its pretty magical. And when you read the lyrics above that I think Mark posted, you can appreciate the songs even more.

It is an album that has incredible darkness and incredible hope. There is not one depressing thing about it. It is very open to interpretation, and what I love is that the style of music doesn't match lyrically. I can barely tell what Tori is saying in Wildwood. The song is sexy and mysterious. Then you read the lyrics, and the song really is something beyond what you think.

by Anonymousreply 179November 25, 2017 12:35 PM

Bang and Climb are astounding songs to me. But I relate to both Bang and Wildwood on very specific terms that are personally meaningful. I do feel like Bang could/should have BIG drums and cymbals ans would be mind blowing if it were given a serious rock trearment, not because of the song title but because it builds to an explosive, blinding spiritual encounter and the subdued drumming doesnā€™t do the power of it justice.

by Anonymousreply 180November 25, 2017 3:27 PM

R179 I gasped when I read your thoughts on Bang and Climb! Those two are so the pulsing heart of the album. Still, I totally agree with all of this:

[quote]It is an album that has incredible darkness and incredible hope. There is not one depressing thing about it.Ā It is very open to interpretation, and what I love is that the style of music doesn't match lyrically. I can barely tell what Tori is saying in Wildwood. The song is sexy and mysterious. Then you read the lyrics, and the song really is something beyond what you think.

Also, R180, this is such a perfect description of Bang. I think that's why the transition into Climb is so vital and perfect.

[quote]it builds to an explosive, blinding spiritual encounter...

by Anonymousreply 181November 25, 2017 6:06 PM

Love it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182November 30, 2017 4:46 PM

Bang live.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183December 1, 2017 9:00 AM

Don't LOVE Bang still, but hell if that live vocal wasn't excellent and Tori's smile at the end "YES! I SANG THIS SONG!" I have never seen her beam like that. Nice job!

by Anonymousreply 184December 1, 2017 6:31 PM

I'm watching this recent performance of Seaside on my big screen. It truly is amazing. The way she looks into the camera is eerie and perfect and makes it extra special.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185December 2, 2017 6:35 PM

This made me cry. Tori doing all of "Hyperballad" is everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186December 2, 2017 6:38 PM

Can't wait.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187December 3, 2017 10:58 PM

Im having a glass of wine and smoking a joint. Native Invader is still giving me goosebumps 3 months later. What a sublimely subtle masterpiece.

by Anonymousreply 188December 5, 2017 12:38 AM

^*ADP...

That's how irrelevant it is.

by Anonymousreply 189December 5, 2017 12:40 AM

OP, I have grown to love TBK on its own merits, and the often maligned ADP has some good tunes.

SW is a classic.

But Native Invader is in a class by itself. It ties Pele for me as my 2nd favorite Tori Amos album, UTP is my 1st and SW and TVAB tie for 3rd.

TVAB will always be THE underrated work of Ms. Tori.

Native Invader I listen to EVERY DAY. And I am so proud of Tori.

And the last show last night had the most beautiful version of Apollo's Frock I have EVER heard. What a wonderful show.

by Anonymousreply 190December 5, 2017 12:51 AM

R190. I can agree about TBK. ...Maybe even SW, though it's not the kind of masterpiece I love.

ADP is an abysmal sonic mid-life crisis. Even the good songs (Bouncing Off Clouds, Body and Soul, Devils and Gods, Father's Son and Velvet Revolution) can't save it.

Native Invader doesn't reach the frenzied, feverish, sweeping, prodigious and enveloping brilliance of Pele, but it does beat ftch and ties with NoH on my list, keeping it in the top 5, for me.

As for Venus, I totally agree. Datura alone is a transcendent masterpiece. I often switch between it and ftch on my list.

My list:

Pele Pink Earthquakes Invader/Hunters hotel/Venus Girls Scarlet's Midwinter

by Anonymousreply 191December 5, 2017 1:19 AM

BFFs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192December 5, 2017 1:22 AM

My list:

Pele

Pink

Earthquakes

Invader/Hunters

hotel/Venus

Girls

Scarlet's

Midwinter

The rest.

I think the fact that her first three albums are successively more brilliant than the one that came before are what made me a die hard Tori fan.

No one in music has accomplished such a successive and tender brilliance.

by Anonymousreply 193December 5, 2017 1:23 AM

R192. Girl, please. Tori is a savvy business women. The troll is a fan. She has also has a good heart. She killed two birds with one stone.

by Anonymousreply 194December 5, 2017 1:24 AM

^*R194

by Anonymousreply 195December 5, 2017 1:25 AM

^*woman

Oh my....

by Anonymousreply 196December 5, 2017 1:26 AM

omg. Go T!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197December 8, 2017 12:56 PM

I am sad for those who gave up on her music or who ā€œdonā€™t have ears to hear.ā€ Native Invader and Night of Hunters are audiobooks of life.

by Anonymousreply 198December 10, 2017 3:14 PM

Hereā€™s a little playlist of a narrative conversation among a few profound women musicians:

Kate Bush: Under Ice

Kate Bush: Jig of Life

Tori Amos: Climb

Joni Mitchell: Woodstock

Tori Amos: Bang

Kate Bush: Hello Earth

by Anonymousreply 199December 10, 2017 3:17 PM

R199 love it!

by Anonymousreply 200December 12, 2017 3:47 PM

Still listening to new album.

It cuts deeper and heals more wholly upon repeated listens.

by Anonymousreply 201December 18, 2017 9:30 PM

My mother is in the hospital in a state I canā€™t even bring myself to write about. She is my best friend, only 66, absolutely impossible seeming and I am falling apart completely. I lost it today when Reindeer King was on my car radio on the way to the hospital. Numb unbearable thoughts are haunting me every second. Absolute hell. I am so scared. Iā€™m sorry to write this here. I feel so alone.

by Anonymousreply 202December 20, 2017 2:37 AM

R202. I am so sorry to hear that. Please don't apologize for sharing and no, you are not alone. I'll read and respond to your posts as long as you need me to.

Also, it's good that you are allowing yourself to feel your feelings. That's key during a time like this. Repressing or drowning them out will only make you feel worse in the long run.

Feel your feelings, pray for solace and guidance and spend as much time with your mother as you can, expressing to her how you feel.

Let is know how you're doing.

by Anonymousreply 203December 20, 2017 5:24 PM

šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204December 25, 2017 12:37 AM

Does anyone else find Upside Down 2 piercingly gothic yet buoyant?

The way she sings "those smiling faces" is brilliantly and subtly macabre. It conjures up images of a hazily remembered Buffy.

It lulls me into a quiet determination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205December 25, 2017 1:35 AM

*Buffy episode.

by Anonymousreply 206December 25, 2017 1:43 AM

Ugh. Broken Arrow is everything. Career best stuff.

The whole album is, really

by Anonymousreply 207December 30, 2017 4:30 PM

Oh, and Bats. So iridescent and beautiful . Uplifting

by Anonymousreply 208December 30, 2017 5:00 PM

So is Choirgirl not getting a reissue. Shame, but I guess she feels it doesn't need it and maybe there are no unreleased songs to add to the bonus disc.

by Anonymousreply 209April 24, 2018 6:15 PM

R209. I expect it'll be released in the fall. She already confirmed it's happening.

by Anonymousreply 210April 24, 2018 6:28 PM

NI is 8 months old and better than evah!

by Anonymousreply 211May 3, 2018 4:18 AM

I hadn't realized how dark and gorgeous her playing is beneath the drum breakdown in "Broken Arrow" until a few days ago.

Utterly bewitching.

by Anonymousreply 212May 3, 2018 4:41 AM

I've just started to get into Ni, I didn't really like it much when it came out,but recently Ive been listening to it alot and really enjoying it.

by Anonymousreply 213May 3, 2018 12:11 PM

R213 What about it has changed your opinion most?

by Anonymousreply 214May 3, 2018 1:43 PM

It's starting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215May 3, 2018 1:52 PM

MY expectations were too high. I wanted Choirgirl part 2, well that was the sorta word coming from early reviews. I still feel th album is badly produced. But the songs themselves are her strongest since Scarlet so I've come to accept it on its own terms rather than mine.

So excited r215.

by Anonymousreply 216May 3, 2018 5:13 PM

R216 To use a Kate Bush comparsion: Invader is Tori's Aerial and it's sublime.

Also, How can you consider it cheaply produced? So many gorgeous things going on at once in each song. I'm sorry, but fans who continue saying this just don't want Mark contributing to her work. Bad/Cheap production = I don't like Mark being on the album. I've mostly felt the same.

This go around, however, he's done an EXCELLENT job. His guitar playing and overall production contributions are fantastic. Some of my favorite moments on the album come from him: that kick ass drum breakdown at the end of Broken Arrow; the guitar work on Up the Creek and Wildwood makes me wet; etc.).

by Anonymousreply 217May 3, 2018 5:33 PM

Up The Creek sounds cheap, and more like a demo with synth instruments, and the production on Wings sounds like a cheap 80s song, even though I love that long. I think the production on at least half of the songs is too condensed and labored.

Previously I would have said meretricious, but that maybe going too far.

by Anonymousreply 218May 3, 2018 6:20 PM

R218 See, I don't have an aversion to a more organic, homes", as Piound, especially when the musicianship is at the level it is on "Native Invader". The compositions even intricate, well crafted and varied. She's also looser and more improvisational here than she has been in years. It's definitely a "heady album" as Pitchfork reviewed. One thing I absolutely ADORE about how Mark mixed this album is how he keeps Tori's playing up front. You can hear her piano and organ, Hammond and Rhodes and the synthase ad other keyboards so beautifully.

The production, however you at feel about it, never overshadows or diminishes performances here or quality of her compositions.

Here vocals are beautifully produced here, too. I'm sure there fact that they used the same microphone they used to record her during "Boys for Pele" helped.

Rolling Stone calling "Native Invader:

[quote] One of the most purposeful and fully realized statements of her quarter century career.

Was probably my second favorite thing last year.

by Anonymousreply 219May 4, 2018 3:35 AM

homes", as Piound, = homespun

by Anonymousreply 220May 4, 2018 3:39 AM

Please forgive the typos. I'm listening to "Broken Arrow".

Heady, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 221May 4, 2018 3:42 AM

I love Native Invader and I love Tori overall. I donā€™t blame her husband for ā€œruiningā€ her music as many of her fans do, and Iā€™m bothered that so many people involve themselves in her familyā€™s concerns.

I didnā€™t love the overall sound of Unrepentant Geraldines, however, and most of the reason is due to the style of production. I do get the comment about Up the Creek, too. The tempo of that song brings some energy to Native Invader, but it sounds inorganic and a little lightweight compared with the heft of much of the rest of the album. I also think that Bangā€”a lyrical masterpiece IMOā€”is something like the original studio version of ā€˜Sugar.ā€™ It could use more ā€˜bangā€™ from live drums and less restrained performance in general to live up to its potential. Imagine Bang with a powerful, hard-hitting percussive climax, followed by Climb in its current quietly graceful form. That would take us back to the Choirgirl era, not as a soundalike but as a spiritual cousin.

by Anonymousreply 222May 4, 2018 10:36 AM

Don't get me wrong while I have criticized the album, overall I have come to like the album very, very much. And it's def my favorite Tori album since Scarlet.

Upside Down 2 is as good as early b-side music.

Broken Arrow,

Cloud Riders,

Breakaway,

Wildwood,

Climb,

Bats,

Benjamin are the songs I am listening to a lot. Breakaway and Bats are my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 223May 4, 2018 12:49 PM

R223 You get UP2, too! Thank God. I think the title is what throws most fans off. It's such a gorgeous, bittersweet and even dark little song. Also, I'll take ANYTHING with Tori solo. Love your song picks, too.

R222 See, what others consider cheaply or thinly produced, I consider organic and homespun. And I love the restraint.

by Anonymousreply 224May 4, 2018 1:48 PM

Seriously r224, her fans don't like Upside Down 2, that's insane. It's my favorite song of hers for years. Also it's one of her best vocals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225May 4, 2018 5:33 PM

R225 The Upside Down 2 lyrics are unusually simple and straightforward for her, and that confuses me, but her vocals are absolutely heartbreaking.

I really wish she had put Forest of Glass on this album. Itā€™s one of my favorite Tori songs, and I only have it on a fucking CD thatā€™s lost somewhere in my car. Itā€™s not available on iTunes and I canā€™t find it on YouTube. I think it would have been a great fit for this album.

by Anonymousreply 226May 4, 2018 7:07 PM

R225 A lot of the fans on unforumzed consider it corny because of the title and the "turn that frown upside down" lyric. I find it dark and tongue in cheek. Also, her performance of it is perfect on every level.

R226 I LOVE Forest of Glass. Definitely one of her best songs ever. It encompasses what I love most about Tori, lyrically, musically, vocally and pianistically. Still, I think it would've fit better on "Unrepentant Geraldines" along with "Dixie", "White Telephone to God". I would've also included her solo versions of "Darkest Hour" and "Highness in the Sky" on UG

by Anonymousreply 227May 4, 2018 9:02 PM

Forest of Glass + Reindeer King. Meant to be together.

by Anonymousreply 228May 4, 2018 9:19 PM

R228 Totally get that.

by Anonymousreply 229May 4, 2018 10:10 PM

I've placed Dixie right after Unrepentant Geraldines in the track list on my playlist of UG, I like the fact in the ending of UG she sings about the Vicar's Wife and Dixie is about her mom, who is a Minister's wife.

by Anonymousreply 230May 5, 2018 12:23 PM

R230 Nice connection thereh m.

Here solo songs of the past 5-7 years have been some of her very best

by Anonymousreply 231May 5, 2018 3:17 PM

I wonder if Violet's Eyes will make it onto Choirgirl reissue. Most people seem to think she has very few unreleased tracks for Choirgirl. But she did say some of the songs that didn't make it on to Pele, she tried to rework for Choirgirl, Walk to Dublin for instance, or Take Me With You, she wrote for Earthquakes but tired to rework it for Under the Pink.

So we might hear some of the unreleased Pele songs reworked for Choirgirl.

by Anonymousreply 232May 5, 2018 6:44 PM

R232 Take Me With You sounds like a LE song. Its composition and production wouldnā€™t fit on any other album. Walk to Dublin could have worked on Choirgirl or Venus, soundwise, IMO. Dolphin Song sounds like Beekeeper...probably too much like Marys of the Sea to have been included on the album, really. Also could have gone on UG.

Itā€™s interesting to me how some songs sound like they could only belong on one album and others could go on many.

by Anonymousreply 233May 5, 2018 6:50 PM

R28 I also wonder if she would be as forgiving of others as she demands people must be of her. If David Duke one day does a mea culpa and pronounces himself ā€˜tolerantā€™ of nonwhite people, will she sing his praises? Her apology really made no sense; at one point she said something like, ā€œI realize that Iā€™ve said very hateful and cruel things about the people who I want to advocate for.ā€ What the fuck does that even mean?

by Anonymousreply 234May 5, 2018 6:54 PM

OMG my browser somehow skipped back...that post at R234 was meant for the Joy Reid thread.

by Anonymousreply 235May 5, 2018 6:54 PM

Does else see this as her sonic memoir?

Prologue: Reindeer King

Conflict and discord: Chapters 1-7: Wings-Chocolate Song

Climax and epiphanies: Chapters 8-10: Bang, Climb and Bats.

Epilogue: Benjamin, Mary's Eyes

limax

by Anonymousreply 236May 5, 2018 9:25 PM

Well like on Scarlet she seems to end up back in Washington, emotionally, politically and geographically, so Benjamin would fit that and that would certainly tie in with her mom and Mary's Eyes.

by Anonymousreply 237May 6, 2018 12:21 PM

R237 Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 238May 6, 2018 1:30 PM

My edited Unrepentant Geraldine is called White Telephone to God. It's excellent.

Wedding Day

Weatherman

50 Shades of Blue

Maids of Elfin Mere

DIxie

White Telephone to God

Unrepentant Geraldine

Invisible Boy

Rose Dover

Darkest Hour (solo, from The Light Princess)

Oysters

Forest of Glass

Highness in the Sky (solo, from The Light Princess)

B Sides:

America

Troubles Lament

Wild Way

Promises

Giant's Rolling Pin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239May 7, 2018 2:56 AM

*Geraldines

by Anonymousreply 240May 7, 2018 2:58 AM

I wonder if the Moons of Jupiter on Reindeer King connect to Hey Jupiter form Pele?

by Anonymousreply 241May 9, 2018 5:15 PM

R241. I don't think so, the Reindeer King is definitely a Pele track in spirit. Dark, untethered, hopeful.

by Anonymousreply 242May 10, 2018 1:42 PM

R241 and R242 Iā€™m positive they connect in the sense of Jupiterā€™s identity in mythology and astrology. I donā€™t know what Toriā€™s actual beliefs are, but regardless of that she is fluent in what she refers to as archetypes and their deep resonances with our lives. Jupiter is synonymous with Zeus, ā€œthe god of the sky and thunder.ā€ In Battle of Trees, Tori sings about the Thunder God dominating the pan-theistic cultures of Ireland, which represents the advent of the patriarchal Judeo-Christian church. Thatā€™s all human political stuff. On a higher level (as Tori sings about the stars looking down upon human beings), Saturn ruled all the gods before Zeus/Jupiter took over. Saturn is also synonymous with Satan and with Samael (see Original Sinsuality, in which Tori calls out to him with compassion and nostalgia), and Tori generally depicts this figure in a Gnostic sense, insofar as this complex occult/shadow/hidden/secretive deity having been maligned and literally demonized by the patriarchal church culture under the Thunder Godā€™s/Zeusā€™s/Jupiterā€™s/the Demiurgeā€™s rule. Jupiter mythically divided the once-unified planets into three classes. The narrative of Night of Hunters is every bit as much about the great battle among the pre-Christian gods (particularly relating to Sumerian mythologyā€”and Tori called upon Sumerian goddess Inanna on Boys for Pele), who are embodied by the planets and represented by astrology, as it is about a man-woman breakup and cultural breakdowns over time. For me, that album is the key to understanding Toriā€™s seemingly scattered mythological references throughout her career, and Night of Hunters was a coded setup for Native Invader, which I view as Toriā€™s official, straightforward coming out as a pagan mystic/shaman.

by Anonymousreply 243May 10, 2018 3:00 PM

if you see three candles in the window been expecting you Undine of the Sea The Kindly Ones are here with me.

"I think once the EPA announced the people that were going to be the caretakers of the country, it seemed like we needed to remember that, maybe there was an agreement that was made thousands and thousands of years ago between humanity and that which is on the other side of the veil -- the Devas that rule nature and work with nature -- maybe they do remember the agreement. The bats definitely remember. And so, humans have probably forgotten this agreement but the problem is they've been warning us, they'll wreak havoc, they're wreaking havoc right now. And will continue to do so"

So I think you maybe right r243

by Anonymousreply 244May 10, 2018 5:27 PM

For me her scariest song is Sister Janet, I still find it hard to listen to.

by Anonymousreply 245May 10, 2018 5:30 PM

R243 Love this!

by Anonymousreply 246May 10, 2018 5:42 PM

R245 Sister Janet is without a doubt an account of an ayahuasca experience. I could detail it line by line but I will spare you. :) Still, listen to it literally from the first line: Master shaman, I have come with my dollie for the shadow side, with a demon and an Englishman. Itā€™s about her appealing to a shaman who gives her ayahuasca and mediates the experience. In the end, ā€œI think I could try this once again.ā€

by Anonymousreply 247May 10, 2018 5:59 PM

Sister Janet is one of my favorites. Her piano in that is everything. Also, yes to everything R247 wrote.

Also, I started researching Native Invader interviews because I've grown so emotionally attached to the album. I love this one - you can tell the interviewer is a big fan - and it seems like T may have written all or most of the songs during a two week stretch. Amazing.

The album does feel and sound like one massive, cohesive sonic structure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248May 10, 2018 6:06 PM

R244 I havenā€™t confirmed with Tori, but I am pretty confident Iā€™m right. ;) The album artwork for Native Invader unabashedly presents her as a pagan medicine woman, with shamanic elements that could be Native American, Mesoamerican or even from Europe or Eurasia. Sheā€™s firmly placed in a natural wooded environment and sheā€™s surrounded by smoke or mist, apparently summoning or at least surrounded by something mystical. I donā€™t love the artwork for this album because ā€œshe looks goodā€; I do love it because it very straightforwardly presents her in a way that represents the basis of her whole musical career, at least through the perspective through which Iā€™ve interpreted it. She wisely always presented herself in her younger days as a seeker, but now she very fairly is presenting herself as a wise woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249May 10, 2018 6:12 PM

Particularly this one r249.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250May 10, 2018 6:34 PM

Yep R250, sheā€™s not being coy anymore (or now, anyway) with her world view. I respect her incredibly.

by Anonymousreply 251May 10, 2018 6:36 PM

R249 Love your analysis of her artwork, e.g. seeker vs wise woman, etc.

She really started with the pagan imagery w/ Midwinter Graces, though admittedly, the artwork for TBK through ADP reveals a fractured woman to me.

From MG through NoH, I see someone becoming whole again, but still clinging to facades...still somewhat in denial.

UG's artwork is beautiful and shows a woman more comfortable in her skin than she had been in nearly a decade. It also is a good visual snapshot of the album: a musician having fun and exploring again with her music. Not overwrought but fun, spontaneous and moody.

NI's artwork indeed shows a wise woman and the dark yet vibrant color scheme throughout very much represents the sound of NI.

Funny, how I see the artwork is usually how I view the corresponding album. Save for NoH, which is a mature, brilliant, fully realized work.

by Anonymousreply 252May 10, 2018 9:17 PM

I love her earlier work and I still love her talent.

I do think from time to time she'd benefit from either

(a) a stronger hand reining in her areas of excess or focusing her vision(s)

Or

(b) a collaboration where she'd contribute to something bigger - sometimes that distills things in a beautiful way.

by Anonymousreply 253May 10, 2018 9:22 PM

R253 What did you think of Native Invader?

by Anonymousreply 254May 10, 2018 9:24 PM

She sad there are a lot of Tracks from NI that were not ready in time, I wonder what she'll do with them, maybe they'll be on the next album, Baptism of Love was on the the tracks not ready i time, that think she said she likes.

by Anonymousreply 255May 11, 2018 12:51 PM

Yeah, the unreleased songs from NI are "Stone by Stone", "Black Is the Colour" and "Baptize Your Love". Would be interesting to hear them. Or we might have to wait 20 years, like we did with "To the Fair Motormaids of Japan".

by Anonymousreply 256May 11, 2018 1:21 PM

R256 Motormaids was sooo worth it though. That song is everything I expected and more.

by Anonymousreply 257May 11, 2018 1:35 PM

r243 Cloud Riders from NI also papered on NoH's Star Whisperer. And I always feel Forest of Glass has strong connections to NoH.

by Anonymousreply 258May 11, 2018 5:08 PM

sorry "appeared " .

by Anonymousreply 259May 11, 2018 5:11 PM

I love her comments on her mother, Chocolate Song and "the bats".

Really good stuff.

Also, I had smoked some good weed and Chocolate Song all of a sudden became about Black Lives Matter. Only Tori, I tell you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260May 12, 2018 2:05 PM

Tori is about communication, compassion, and listening to other people and to the environment and communicating back with all of them thoughtfully in such a way that encourages productive understanding and discovery.

by Anonymousreply 261May 12, 2018 2:13 PM

R261 So true.

For me, it's her piano and keyboard playing that really enlightens me.

by Anonymousreply 262May 12, 2018 2:34 PM

No other bitch in music om has done or can do this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263May 12, 2018 2:44 PM

R262 Yeah, Toriā€™s artistry has had a huge effect on me, and I think the greatest effect of all has been to take me outside of my thoughts to consider other aspects of being. Sheā€™s extraordinarily thoughtful, but her music is inspired and intuitive, and she has said a lot recently that she sees filaments of light when she plays and sings, and she interprets the music through those visions (which is a shamanic way of being). Thatā€™s a whole other level of her music beyond lyricsā€”Iā€™m trying not to move; itā€™s just your ghost passing through.

by Anonymousreply 264May 12, 2018 2:50 PM

I also feel her connection with her fans and her gay fans is genuine, not like some other musicians who court their gay fans for more contrived reasons.

by Anonymousreply 265May 12, 2018 5:38 PM

Tori has never said ā€œI love the fans!ā€ Or ā€œthanks to the fans!ā€ as if we are some disembodied, nonhuman entity that exists solely to appreciate her. Most pop stars say this, and itā€™s telling. Tori talks about the stories she hears from the people who come to see her, and about the energy she gets from the audience and her obligation to return that energy. She respects what people give her, and she sees people as people, not as gift cards.

by Anonymousreply 266May 12, 2018 6:38 PM

Word is Choirgirl reissue isn't happening.

by Anonymousreply 267May 15, 2018 12:13 PM

R267. Word from where?

I can't take this.

by Anonymousreply 268May 15, 2018 1:28 PM

I'll be disappointed if the Choirgirl reissue doesn't happen. I was so pleased that we got two new songs from the Pele era last time round.

by Anonymousreply 269May 15, 2018 8:16 PM

I think it's still happening. It's not her focus right now, all things re: her mother considered, but she already confirmed it's happening months back.

by Anonymousreply 270May 15, 2018 8:41 PM

I just want Choirgirl on vinyl.

by Anonymousreply 271May 15, 2018 8:43 PM

Tori will be "in conversation" w/ British actress, Natalie Former, on June 6th at the Royal Albert Hall. It will air on BBC 4. I hope she talks about Native Invader, choirgirl and what's next for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272May 16, 2018 7:32 PM

Natalie *Dormer

by Anonymousreply 273May 16, 2018 7:33 PM

I don't know why it would take up too much if any of her time to release the reissue. Surely it's all re mastering, everything thing else has been done.

by Anonymousreply 274May 17, 2018 5:26 PM

R274 Maybe she doesnā€™t want to revisit the pain of the miscarriage while her mother is in the state sheā€™s in? I would love lost Choirgirl gems, but I hope she puts her family before her career. I can wait. Mary canā€™t.

by Anonymousreply 275May 18, 2018 1:41 AM

Ever since I heard it, Mary's Eyes reminded me of a more refined and whimsical Violet's Eyes (choirgirl on-site)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276May 18, 2018 2:54 AM

Mary's Eyes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277May 18, 2018 2:58 AM

Tori's mum on Tori.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278May 18, 2018 3:00 AM

What an evocative little cover/transcription.

Broken Arrow is one of my faves evar!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279May 22, 2018 2:42 AM

It dawned on me today how much I've connected with Bats. I can't get over this beauty.

I can listen to it in any mood. She sounds so delicious in it and it does what the best Tori songs do: it covers about five different topics/themes at once and brilliantly.

Her playing and the melody she composed are effervescent. This is one of the those d k songs, I believe, even a non would get. It's effortless and should've been a single

It's become a mantra song for me during troubling times.

"...kindly ones are here with me...

Keep breathing, girl."

by Anonymousreply 280May 24, 2018 6:39 AM

Bats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281May 24, 2018 6:42 AM

Bats is my favorite song on NI. When I listen to it I imagine a small American town at the bottom of the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 282May 24, 2018 5:23 PM

R282 Interesting image. I picture being on a sailboat or speed boat out in the middle of the ocean, sunlight glimmering off the ocean.

It makes me feel hopeful, meditative and alive.

by Anonymousreply 283May 24, 2018 7:33 PM

I have a type of quasi-synesthesia and I very often (most often with Toriā€™s music) see clear visuals in my mind associated with music and vocals. Bats projects an undulating stream of deep blue with some silver facets that flows with the keyboard from the opening notes. Itā€™s about the same color as the blue on this Spark single cover, but it shimmers, and although it moves like water, its texture is a kind of electrostatic liquid that I canā€™t describe exactly. Some songs donā€™t produce any visual effects, and some vary a bit from listen to listen, but some including Bats and Concertina and Wildwood and Bang, etc. are highly visual and consistent with the same mental visions every time I listen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284May 24, 2018 9:57 PM

Very interesting, R284. Doubly so because from the get "Bats" reminded me of the improvised piano bridge for iieee she did below.

"Bats" reminds me of something she would've improvised in 1998.

Improv starts around 4:25-4:30.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285May 25, 2018 12:01 AM

R285 Musically I hear what you mean, but visually that interlude is totally pink and white a buttery yellow for me.

I know you understand, understand the way I feel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286May 25, 2018 12:07 AM

It's been a hellish work week so I took a personal day and am listening to my favorite Tori albums in sequential order with some good weed of course.

Little Earthquakes

Under the Pink

Boys for Pele

from the choirgirl hotel

To Venus and Back

Night of Hunters

Native Invader

by Anonymousreply 287May 25, 2018 4:26 PM

I'd love for her to do an album as sonically twisted and sinuous as her cover of PJ's We Float

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288May 25, 2018 6:28 PM

Sorry I mean she has made records like that, certainly Venus, but this proves she still can and that's not to say I didn't love Invader, but maybe next time.

by Anonymousreply 289May 25, 2018 6:30 PM

From a fan who attended the The Light Princess concert:

All the news, from Toriā€™s mouth: ā€¢ she broke her ankle ā€œin Ireland, dancing with leprechauns under the moonā€ ā€¢ there will NOT be a Choirgirl anniversary reissue ā€¢ IF talks work out, we should ā€œlook out for her at Barnes & Nobleā€ next year. She emphasized the first part several times ā€¢ next tour will be in 2020 ā€¢ The Light Princess concert was amazing, they changed some things: the teenage pregnancy storyline was scrapped, they added in some new lyrics to be more descriptive of what youā€™d otherwise get from the action in stage ā€¢ (yes there are several bootlegs, patience)

I'm dying to know what she's doing for Barnes and Noble. Exclusive music - a book?

by Anonymousreply 290July 3, 2018 2:18 AM

The B&N thing might be related to a choirgirl reissue. Maybe she's reissuing it through them or working on a tie-in book for the eventual reissue.

Also, the fact that she mentioned a tour in 2020 most certainly means she intends to release another album then or in late 2019. I'm assuming she's already started improvising and composing for it.

Excited and happy that she's keeping busy, especially considering what's going on with her mother.

by Anonymousreply 291July 3, 2018 2:41 AM

Native Invader is on a loop again.

It breaks me just like a little girl.

by Anonymousreply 292September 17, 2018 3:44 PM

The transition from "Breakaway" to "Wildwood" is one of the best album transitions of her entire career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293September 17, 2018 3:46 PM

Those piano notes into this airy, psychedelic guitar and that whimsical keyboard/organ playing by Tori.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294September 17, 2018 3:47 PM

Very interesting post from her regarding the shortest day of the year. I wonder if this ties into the whole Native Invader Shaman vibe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295December 21, 2018 5:41 PM

"I would like to ask you to join me in a global meditation tomorrow Friday, Dec 21st in an effort to release all ties to negativity held in relation to one another. Winter is a time of old age wisdom and spiritual power as the plant nations rest in preparation for Springā€™s new growth. This Native American-lead initiative occurs at the changing of each season. Itā€™s important to me, and I thought I would share it with you. To learn more, please check out the event and times for it below."

by Anonymousreply 296December 21, 2018 5:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!