Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Wonder Woman 2: the Invisible Jet is coming

It will take place during the Cold War.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181June 6, 2019 1:16 PM

They are putting the finishing touches on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2017 12:16 AM

I was wondering!! I asked my friends who saw the movie if she got to ride sitting down in the sky and they said no. So I refused to see the film.

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2017 12:32 AM

I'm curious to see how they get around the unbelievably stupid "she disappeared for 100 years" plotline that originated in BvS.

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2017 12:47 AM

The writer they added sounds like a dud.

by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2017 12:48 AM

[quote] Cold War

I still don't get how WW2 happens since they killed Ludendorff.

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2017 12:50 AM

Somehow they've got to get Chris Pine back.

by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2017 1:03 AM

r4 If Jenkins was given more creative control, then it won't matter. Sometimes writers are used because they can produce pages to meet deadlines, not because they are creative geniuses. Roberto Orci comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2017 1:32 AM

So is the gay screen writer of the first one, Allan Heinberg, not involved in this one?

And I wish they would have dropped the invisible jet thing. It is so old school, Wonder Woman has been able to fly in the comics since the 1980s. I'm fine with her not flying in the movies, but the invisible jet is silly and cheesy IMO.

by Anonymousreply 8September 20, 2017 2:18 PM

Media /"elite" is really pushing Cold War, Part 2

by Anonymousreply 9September 20, 2017 2:43 PM

[quote]Media /"elite" is really pushing Cold War, Part 2

Man you idiots never stop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 20, 2017 2:46 PM

Believe it or not it was called the biplane. I read all those superhero comic books, including Wonder Woman, when I was growing up.

by Anonymousreply 11September 20, 2017 2:46 PM

[bold]Kristen Wiig Being Lassoed For Villain Role On ‘Wonder Woman 2’[/bold]

[quote]The hot name for the villainess role in Wonder Woman 2 is Kristen Wiig. Word is that Warner Bros and DC are in talks with Wiig to play the role of Cheetah. The pic, which has Gal Gadot back and director Patty Jenkins, is set in the 80s in the Cold War. Sounds like this will happen quickly, and a symbol of female empowerment gets a sequel where both main characters are women.

Word is also that Whatsherface from LaLaLand turned down the role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2018 12:27 AM

Yeah Emma Stone turned down the villian role for this film.

Kristen Wiig as Cheeta seems...odd.

by Anonymousreply 13March 1, 2018 12:31 AM

Emma Stone as a tiny Cheeta just seems silly.

by Anonymousreply 14March 1, 2018 12:35 AM

It's a shame they're going to jettison Cheetah's most recent origin story. It was actively heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 15March 1, 2018 12:40 AM

Emma got burned out of superhero movies with the amazing spider turd movies.

by Anonymousreply 16March 1, 2018 12:40 AM

Gal Gadot is twice as tall as Emma Stone. How will they fight? Will she be biting her ankles?

by Anonymousreply 17March 1, 2018 12:43 AM

Did you mean Kristen Wiig r17?

Emma Stone is not going to be in the movie

by Anonymousreply 18March 1, 2018 12:45 AM

How are they changing Cheetah's origin R15?

by Anonymousreply 19March 1, 2018 12:56 AM

I don't know, but given that her most recent incarnation was as a lesbian who was the ex-lover of the modern-day Etta Candy and had been Diana's best friend before she was tricked into becoming Cheetah, there's no way they're keeping the lesbian part.

by Anonymousreply 20March 1, 2018 1:08 AM

People's expectation are too high for this movie. The first one was good and fun, but it was not much more than that. But, of course, since the political correctness is the norm today, many media outlets have talked about it like it was an Ingmar Bergman movie. Let's hope the second one is also good and fun, or we will see a tsunami of thinking pieces complaining about how the audience is not yet ready for a movie like Wonder Woman 2.

by Anonymousreply 21March 1, 2018 1:14 AM

Priscilla Rich furevah!

by Anonymousreply 22March 1, 2018 1:34 AM

Just don’t muck it up.

by Anonymousreply 23March 1, 2018 1:37 AM

Quick and dirty artist's rendering of Wiig as Cheetah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 1, 2018 11:16 AM

It's official!

[quote]So excited to confirm the most thrilling news. Yes! It’s true! So incredibly lucky to welcome the sensationally talented Kristen Wiig to our Wonder Woman family. Can't wait to finally work with one of my favorites. And SO excited by what we have planned. #Cheetah!!!

I think it's an inspired choice and she'll turn out better than Sarah Paulson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 9, 2018 3:13 PM

I love Cheetah, excited for this. Probably the best WW villain.

by Anonymousreply 26March 9, 2018 10:43 PM

Cheetah's origin story sounds very similar to that witch from Suicide Squad. But whatever, that string of Snapchats doesn't even count as a movie so it doesn't really matter.

by Anonymousreply 27March 9, 2018 10:49 PM

[quote]The first one was good and fun, but it was not much more than that.

Considering how truly dreadful and ugly the rest of the DC movies are, the fact that WW reached “good and fun” is indeed worthy of celebration.

by Anonymousreply 28March 10, 2018 1:35 AM

[bold]‘Narcos’ Star Pedro Pascal Lands Key Role in ‘Wonder Woman’ Sequel[/bold]

[quote]Plot details are still being kept under wraps, as is the character Pascal will be playing.

[quote]Pascal gained traction in Hollywood with his scene-stealing performance as Oberyn Martell in HBO’s “Game of Thrones.” That role would lead to another star-making turn in Netflix’s drama series “Narcos.”

I'm glad our people are getting roles in these comic book movies. Now, as for gay characters...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 29, 2018 12:06 AM

WW doesn't even need to stretch itself to make room for gay characters. In the comics WW is bisexual while several of her sisters prefer women

by Anonymousreply 30March 29, 2018 12:09 AM

r30 You're right, of course. I was thinking of comic book movies in general.

by Anonymousreply 31March 29, 2018 12:14 AM

The first one was a fluke. Gal Gadot and her broken English accent are going to grate the second she acts in a lesser vehicle, which the sequel will likely be.

by Anonymousreply 32March 29, 2018 1:30 AM

She was considered the bright spot in Justice League, R32. Truly, a lesser vehicle.

by Anonymousreply 33March 29, 2018 1:37 AM

[quote] I'm glad our people are getting roles in these comic book movies.

Is Pedro out?

I believe he was also in the TV pilot for the WW show starring Adrienne Palecki (so?) as Diana.

by Anonymousreply 34March 29, 2018 2:27 AM

What the shit? There's a character called "Male Cheetah"? Wouldn't that diminish the uniqueness of Wiig's character? Do people just get possessed by ancient spirits left and right in these comics or?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 29, 2018 7:16 PM

[bold]'Wonder Woman 2' Rumored to Cast 'Venom' Star [And DL Fave] Riz Ahmed[/bold]

[quote]On the latest episode of Meet the Movie Press, Jeff Sneider suggested that Riz Ahmed is being considered to be added to the cast.

[quote]"I would imagine that Pedro Pascal is playing someone who's maybe a villain of some kind… I guess you never know," said Sneider. "From what I understood, there were two decently sized male roles for Wonder Woman II, and one was a slippery conman type and the other was an opposing business man… I heard they were looking at Riz Ahmed for that role."

[quote]Sneider goes on to add that he's not sure how Ahmed would participate in both films as he's also playing a conniving business man in Venom, which is scheduled to premiere in theaters this year.

[quote]There are also rumors that Chris Pine could return as Steve Trevor in the film, though it remains to be seen how exactly that would be explained. This would be even more confusing given the film's supposed setting.

Somewhat annoyed with Jenkins filling this movie with her pals (Dave Callaham, Pedro Pascal), which is never a good sign, so this would be nice if true. You can never go wrong with a bit of Riz, can you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 1, 2018 1:31 AM

Guessing the new guy will be Ares Buchanan, and evil rich guy who turned out the be the god Ares in disguise. It's how they'll resurrect him.

by Anonymousreply 37April 1, 2018 1:54 AM

r37 There are so many other WW villains, why bring Ares back? My money's on Pascal playing Deimos. People elsewhere are suggesting Hades and Vandal Savage.

No idea who Riz would play if cast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 2, 2018 4:39 PM

Pascale would be an AMAZING Vandal Savage. And also a great WW villain

by Anonymousreply 39April 2, 2018 4:52 PM

Dammit, I want to see Giganta and the Silver Swan. Enough of these Greek Gods bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 40April 2, 2018 5:05 PM

I'm a huge (no pun intended) Giaganta fan but Silver Swan is so campy to me

by Anonymousreply 41April 2, 2018 5:07 PM

Merciful Fucking Minerva! Can someone please confirm whether Pedro sucks dong on a regular basis or not?

by Anonymousreply 42April 2, 2018 6:24 PM

r42 He homo.

by Anonymousreply 43April 2, 2018 6:29 PM

For comic relief, Riz should be cast as Wonder Woman's lover, he'd just about come up to Gal's tits!

Riz with Lily Cole, he looks like a little boy, Too cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 2, 2018 6:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 2, 2018 6:34 PM

r45 Ah, so precious!

by Anonymousreply 46April 2, 2018 6:35 PM

[quote]Sneider goes on to add that he's not sure how Ahmed would participate in both films as he's also playing a conniving business man in Venom, which is scheduled to premiere in theaters this year.

WTF is this Sneider dude talking about? Riz could surely participate in the Wonder Woman 2 film, he already finished filming his VENOM role a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 47April 2, 2018 6:37 PM

If they made the film with Giganta as the main villain, they would get HUGE ticket sales. there is a small but obsessive group of men who have a bizarre sexual fetish of imagining giant women with tiny men. They would see this movie again and again and again.

by Anonymousreply 48April 2, 2018 6:38 PM

r47 Wouldn't it be a bit weird to participate in a DC and a Marvel movie, with just a year apart?

by Anonymousreply 49April 2, 2018 6:48 PM

Joss Weadon did R49

by Anonymousreply 50April 2, 2018 6:53 PM

I meant as an on-screen talent...

by Anonymousreply 51April 2, 2018 6:56 PM

Uh, R48, the first movie got “HUGE” ticket sales by just staying true to the character and appealing (naturally) to women. I don’t think a bizarro little cult of fetishists is needed to boost sales, even if such a tiny demographic could make a significant difference, which they can not. Between nerd boys, gay men, and practically all women, the fanbase is pretty well set already, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 52April 2, 2018 7:41 PM

[quote][R47] Wouldn't it be a bit weird to participate in a DC and a Marvel movie, with just a year apart?

I know nothing about these comic book films, I do not know the difference between DC and Marvel and which characters were from what company.

I've been a Riz fan for a long time, I just want him to get great roles, he's an excellent actor and he sure deserved that EMMY. I'd rather he didn't appear in these ridiculous films where CGI is more important than the actual acting. Riz went to a prestigious acting school, he also went to Oxford, you just know he's doing these shit films for the money.

by Anonymousreply 53April 2, 2018 9:18 PM

Chris Pine spotted on the lot yesterday. Flashbacks? I'm hoping a full-on resurrection, myself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 25, 2018 4:45 PM

1984, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 13, 2018 1:47 PM

Yaaasss!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 13, 2018 1:47 PM

Dream sequence...or are they really going to contrive him being back?

by Anonymousreply 57June 13, 2018 2:09 PM

He’ll be a relative or descendant, or some other doppelgänger. He’s not coming “back to life.”

I hope to god she has big curly George Perez hair for the 80s. That flat-ironed ponytail look she favors will not play in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 58June 13, 2018 2:29 PM

Wow, a bunch of questions.

The most obvious is, how could Steve Trevor still be alive? And how could he not have aged a day in over 75 years?

Did Wonder Woman go back to her island at the end of World War I, or did she stay in the outside world for the past 100 years? Or did she go back to her island at the end of World War I and only come back in the 1980s?

And if she stayed in the outside world for 100 years or came back in the 1980s, how/why did nobody have any idea who the hell she was when she showed up in Batman vs. Superman which was set in the present day?

by Anonymousreply 59June 13, 2018 3:06 PM

ISHA DWEAM!

by Anonymousreply 60June 13, 2018 3:07 PM

Hades could bring him back to life, couldn't he?

by Anonymousreply 61June 13, 2018 3:22 PM

Hadeeesh

by Anonymousreply 62June 13, 2018 3:23 PM

When the TV show went to the 70's, he ended up being WWII Steve's son.

If they are going to have Pine, he should be in 1984 style tight jeans not pleated kakhis. The white leather Nike Cortez and old school digital watch he is wearing suggest not a dream sequence.

by Anonymousreply 63June 13, 2018 3:23 PM

There were khakis - pleated or otherwise - around in 1984 aplenty. This is a fashion ad from that year, for example. Besides, I'm pretty sure the costume designer for the hottest superhero movie in DCEU's roster knows exactly what they're doing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 13, 2018 3:40 PM

I was not saying pleated kakhis were not around in 1984, just saying I would rather see him in tight jeans that were also around.

by Anonymousreply 65June 13, 2018 3:53 PM

Oh FFS you elders do not turn this thread into a "fashions of the 80s" bitchfest!

The casting of Wiig is interesting, are they going for a comedic portrayal? Dr. Barbara Minerva in the comics was a bitchy, aristocratic ice queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 13, 2018 3:57 PM

More Barbara Minerva...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 13, 2018 3:58 PM

Overview of Cheetah/Barbara Minerva from the comics....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 13, 2018 4:00 PM

I bet the fanboys wouldn't mind a scene like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 13, 2018 4:11 PM

Set photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 13, 2018 7:59 PM

Another angle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71June 13, 2018 8:00 PM

Looks very Linda Carter in the post-WW II episodes. Her Diana Prince got less frumpy as the the later seasons progressed.

by Anonymousreply 72June 13, 2018 8:07 PM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73June 13, 2018 9:53 PM

Ok -- now I am going to get a bit nit-picky. It is possible there were fanny packs in 1984, but they really were not a common thing until the 90's. Also, unless Pine's character is a tourist, I doubt he would be wearing one.

by Anonymousreply 74June 13, 2018 10:33 PM

Cheetah's arc:

[quote]Since today is a good day for WONDER WOMAN scoops, I've heard that Kristen Wiig starts the sequel as Diana's friend, not her foe. She emulates Wonder Woman, then seeks to usurp her.

by Anonymousreply 75June 13, 2018 10:52 PM

Gadot really does look like Lynda Carter's Diana Prince in those set photos.

by Anonymousreply 76June 13, 2018 10:58 PM

That echoes the recent updating of Diana's origin story. There was a great one where she and Barbara were utter besties, and then Barbara got tricked and possessed by Cheetah.

by Anonymousreply 77June 13, 2018 10:59 PM

I hated Lynda Carter’s 1970s Diana Prince. The WW2 Diana was fun and had great chemistry with Steve Trevor. The 1970s Diana was ‘sophisticated’, jaded and boring. Still, I’ll admit it’s a nice homage. I wonder if Pine will be Junior...or Steve Howard, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 78June 14, 2018 1:06 AM

What's so ridiculous about her invisible jet.......oh....I see....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 14, 2018 1:12 AM

[quote]The WW2 Diana was fun and had great chemistry with Steve Trevor.

After the first few episodes of the post-WWII series Lyle really started to get sidelined. He was basically a glorified extra by the end of the series.

by Anonymousreply 80June 14, 2018 1:12 AM

R80, there's gotta be more to the story, but I've never been able to find anything online. Post WWII Steve stayed in the office most of the time, his interaction with WW changed so drastically...I got the feeling the actors couldn't stand each other.

by Anonymousreply 81June 14, 2018 1:31 AM

[quote[I got the feeling the actors couldn't stand each other.

I have never heard anything either, but I have always suspected that was the case. I think in the last episode or two she was working with another actor where is seemed like they were setting him up to be the male co-star if the show had another season. I have a feeling Lyle would have been completely off the show if that season would have materialized.

by Anonymousreply 82June 14, 2018 1:40 AM

She better spin in this sequel!

by Anonymousreply 83June 14, 2018 1:43 AM

Ah hell yasss!

by Anonymousreply 84June 14, 2018 1:48 AM

lol, R17!

by Anonymousreply 85June 14, 2018 1:53 AM

Yes the invisible jet is ridiculous, but she’s an Amazon in a halter top and a tiara, the whole thing is ridiculous. She’s a lot like Batman, who drips with homoeroticism and also flies a ridiculous jet. Still, it works.

by Anonymousreply 86June 14, 2018 2:00 AM

Great pictures of vintage cars on location

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87June 14, 2018 2:02 AM

Someone has been doing lunges

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 14, 2018 9:43 AM

[quote]Emma Stone just seems silly.

Fixed that for you.

by Anonymousreply 89June 14, 2018 11:32 AM

[quote]The casting of Wiig is interesting, are they going for a comedic portrayal? Dr. Barbara Minerva in the comics was a bitchy, aristocratic ice queen.

They’ve updated the character since Perez. She’s a lesbian that’s been taken over by an ancient cheetah god. She and Diana are frenemies. And she’s banging Etta Candy who looks like Amanda Waller now.

I think Wiig could do something with this part.

by Anonymousreply 90June 14, 2018 11:36 AM

Love Gal Gadot's outfit here, SO "80s preppy." All she needs is a wine cooler and a Benson & Hedges 100 to complete the look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 14, 2018 12:48 PM

Stunt shot yesterday of a bride falling off a bridge

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 15, 2018 10:15 AM

LOL those black girls don’t give a shit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 15, 2018 10:16 AM

MATT DAMON

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 15, 2018 10:19 AM

Is that bridge in Los Angeles?

by Anonymousreply 95June 15, 2018 10:19 AM

Georgetown

by Anonymousreply 96June 15, 2018 10:36 AM

It wouldn’t be an 80s time travel sequence without breakdancers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 16, 2018 6:59 AM

Is this Watergate?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 16, 2018 7:02 AM

Jenkins is also directing the miniseries Someday She'll Darken, about the Black Orchid murder.

by Anonymousreply 99June 16, 2018 9:44 AM

Man...Pine is like the chick Jerry dated on "Seinfeld" that looked great in some light but terrible in others. He'd still get it tho.

by Anonymousreply 100June 16, 2018 10:09 AM

I was thinking the lighting and the filter they used on WW to give it a kind of antique look for the WWI era was great for Pine. I remember thinking he did not look as good in some of the still pics I saw made of him during filming, but he looked great in the finished product.

by Anonymousreply 101June 16, 2018 11:55 AM

Chris Pine was the best thing about the first film.

by Anonymousreply 102June 16, 2018 11:57 AM

Pine looked great, and was good at playing the lovable rouge (similar to why he is good as Kirk) which was good for 95% of his role, but the film made me realize he is not a good dramatic actor. His final scenes were a bit cringe-worthy. Still he had the charisma and looks he needed for most of the film, I just don't predict an Oscar in his future.

by Anonymousreply 103June 16, 2018 12:04 PM

[quote]She's back... 🙅🏻‍♀️ #WW84

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 16, 2018 12:16 PM

I miss the red star tiara.

by Anonymousreply 105June 16, 2018 12:24 PM

The colors on her costume look brighter. I approve.

by Anonymousreply 106June 16, 2018 12:27 PM

The red star is a commie symbol that I don't want to see in my escapist superhero movies. And I say that as a communist.

I like the updated costume as well. Looks brighter and it seems like it has some added texture to it.

by Anonymousreply 107June 16, 2018 12:30 PM

If they must bring back the invisible plane, they need to also bring back the sexy, jazzy score that was played every time Lynda rode in it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 16, 2018 12:32 PM

The brighter colors make sense for 1984 when subtly was not exactly big fashion-wise.

by Anonymousreply 109June 16, 2018 12:34 PM

There are going to be so many comparisons to the Captain Marvel movie and I kinda can't wait for that. I say give us a crapload of additional female superhero movies so we can compare even more!

by Anonymousreply 110June 16, 2018 12:40 PM

She's thrusting 400lbs, bitches. This is going to be a deathmatch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 16, 2018 2:26 PM

Kristen Wiig is in it. Major Buzz kill for what might have been a fun sequel. There better be plenty of Chris Pine to look at to get me to put my ass in a seat.

by Anonymousreply 112June 16, 2018 4:01 PM

I like unexpected casting choices like Wiig's, even though Jenkins probably cast her because she's her friend (same as Pedro and the new screenwriter). Wiig knows this movie will be huge and will bring her A-game to it.

by Anonymousreply 113June 16, 2018 4:12 PM

R102 Really?

by Anonymousreply 114June 16, 2018 4:20 PM

Source on Twitter:

[quote]I hear Pedro Pascal's character is a god in disguise.

Told you, bitches. We're getting either Hades or Phobos (and/or Deimos).

by Anonymousreply 115June 18, 2018 1:24 AM

DC gays, Chris Pine is hanging around Adams Morgan while he films in the city.

by Anonymousreply 116June 18, 2018 4:33 AM

Someone speculated that Pascal's god could take the form of Steve Trevor to mess with Diana and that got rebuffed from the same source:

[quote]Nope. That's the real Steve Trevor.

by Anonymousreply 117June 18, 2018 11:39 AM

If it’s the real Steve Trevor, then he was magically resurrected, which sounds like a dumb plot point until you consider the universe where this takes place. She’s an immortal demigoddess/princess who fights crime with a magic lasso and an invisible jet, so magical resurrections are hardly too fantastic for the story. I have full faith in Patty Jenkins to make this work. There is something special about “the real Steve Trevor” that no look-alike character will ever replicate, so having him **really** exist 70 years after his death, if it can be pulled off, would be wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 118June 18, 2018 1:10 PM

I seriously doubt Kristen Wiig will be playing Cheetah like her Bridesmaid character or the Target lady. Calm down, fanboys.

by Anonymousreply 119June 18, 2018 1:11 PM

I've seen Wiig in more serious roles and she was good. They just dont get as much attention as her comedic stuff and she doesn't do them as much.

by Anonymousreply 120June 18, 2018 1:14 PM

I enjoy Wiig in dramatic roles as well.

Can someone explain to me what is happening in this set video? She runs crazy fast. Is she on a harness, flying through the air? And is that camera mounted on a drone? I'm so confused.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121June 18, 2018 1:20 PM

He picks Adams Morgan r116? That is a very young, right out of college and want to get shitfaced crowd.

by Anonymousreply 122June 18, 2018 1:25 PM

She’s playing a supervillian for chrissakes. Named CHEETAH. People are reacting like the role should’ve gone to Dame Judi Dench. I’m sure Wiig will play the character as written, and under Jenkins’ very competent and inspired direction. Doubtful she will be mugging it up and shouting one-liners for 2+ hours, but a bit of camp and a sense of fun would not be bad things to bring to the performance. I trust Wiig’s own instincts here, but under Jenkin’s direction she will be more than fine. It’s an interesting choice, for sure, but it only intrigues me at this stage. I’m curious to see it play out.

I AM getting a distinct vibe of “Lynda Carter homage” from some of these stills, even though it is the 80s and not the 70s. I’m wondering if they might squeeze just a bit of camp/irony in there to give it a bit of nostalgia for the older fans.

by Anonymousreply 123June 18, 2018 1:28 PM

Dame Judi Densh as Sheeta

by Anonymousreply 124June 18, 2018 1:48 PM

I wouldn't expect a lot of camp r123, the first Wonder Woman wasn't very campy. They aren't going to completely shift for the sequel and risk abandoning the audience that liked the first.

by Anonymousreply 125June 18, 2018 1:50 PM

Yeah, it's a different era and a different audience. Camp would feel off and a betrayal in a way; the only female-led superhero movie should be on the same level tonally as the rest. At least for now, when they're just starting out.

Though I agree with r123 that Wiig bringing occasional flashes of humour to it wouldn't be half bad either. Etta Candy worked wonderfully in the first one.

by Anonymousreply 126June 18, 2018 1:56 PM

I don't like Wiig. She annoys me. I hated Bridesmaids except for Melissa McCarthy who stole the movie. So many of past SNL cast members were billed as the next big thing in Hollywood and never lived up to the hype or had/have careers that come close to it being true. Dan Ackroyd, Belushi, and Eddie Murphy being the exceptions. BTW, Etta Candy was the best thing about Wonder Woman.

by Anonymousreply 127June 18, 2018 2:24 PM

Chris Pine was the best thing about WW as r102 said, which is why they are contriving a way to have him back hanging around.

Gal Gadot works fine for the role, but she is not up to task of carrying a movie without help around her.

by Anonymousreply 128June 18, 2018 2:27 PM

Well, Etta, the Amazons, Diana's creation myth, and the always awesome Robin Wright;)

by Anonymousreply 129June 18, 2018 2:30 PM

Aaand..Chris Pine. Those blue eyes slay me. The end.

by Anonymousreply 130June 18, 2018 2:32 PM

If Chris Pine can come back, why not Lucy Davis? Her Etta Candy was wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 131June 18, 2018 2:54 PM

The colors on the WW costume look brighter this time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132June 18, 2018 3:21 PM

[quote] If Chris Pine can come back, why not Lucy Davis? Her Etta Candy was wonderful.

Bitch, don’t get your hopes up.

by Anonymousreply 133June 19, 2018 12:36 AM

They should bring back Dr. Cyber, and the Incredible I-Ching.

by Anonymousreply 134June 19, 2018 1:46 AM

The Diana Rigg era was my favorite, r134!

by Anonymousreply 135June 19, 2018 1:53 AM

Instead of a literal invisible plane, they should just have it have cloaking abilities.

by Anonymousreply 136June 19, 2018 2:10 AM

Enter Barbara Minerva…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137June 27, 2018 7:22 PM

Ooooooooh they're going the Michelle Pfeiffer/Selina Kyle route

by Anonymousreply 138June 27, 2018 7:37 PM

So Wonder Woman stayed in the outside world for the past 100 years, instead of going back to her lesbian island. She must've kept a VERY low profile, because when she showed up in Batman v. Superman nobody knew who she was.

by Anonymousreply 139June 28, 2018 12:17 AM

Maybe they're borrowing some elements from the Agent Diana Prince days in the early 70s. She lost her powers and basically became Emma Peel. Interesting idea, executed poorly.

Not that I'm suggesting they'll have her lose her powers, just that there's precedent.

by Anonymousreply 140June 29, 2018 11:25 PM

r140 pictures from the set have shown Gadot in her WW costume.

by Anonymousreply 141June 30, 2018 12:53 AM

WTF is the Emma Peel/Diana Rigg timeline? That is hilarious -- but someone clearly got stoned before posting.

by Anonymousreply 142June 30, 2018 2:52 AM

Diana Prince: Boutique owner by day, super-spy by night.

The art was quite good, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143June 30, 2018 2:55 AM

^^^ My favorite revamp of WW ever was the Emma Peel period. And her best villain was introduced during this period - Doctor Cyber!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144June 30, 2018 12:01 PM

I don't dislike Kristen Wiig, but I wish they were keeping to the current version of Cheetah. There's just so much dramatic possibility in Barbara having been Diana's best friend, and her relationship with Etta makes it extra tragic.

by Anonymousreply 145June 30, 2018 12:14 PM

A nice costumes analysis of the first movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 3, 2018 2:54 PM

So WW2 is going to have "Barbara Minerva" and the Captain Marvel movie "Doctor Minn-Erva"?

People who dislike comic book movies will have a field day with that one, mark me.

by Anonymousreply 147July 8, 2018 12:38 PM

30 seconds of footage has been revealed today for Comic-Con attendees only. Patty begged people not to leak it because it's still a rough cut (they're only three weeks into the shooting). People are saying the tone was very light and playful, and it all looked very colourful.

How summer-ey is Pine's outfit? He looks like a ray of sunshine. Such a stylish man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148July 21, 2018 7:12 PM

[quote]Pine opened the proceedings by revealing he couldn’t divulge why he’s back, following his demise in the first film. But he so brightened the original film that nobody seemed to be holding the lapse against anybody. Said Jenkins: “It’s something I’m super excited for everybody to see, [Chris] is a very important part of our movie.”

[quote]The other surprise is that the movie takes place in the 1980s and Jenkins had a sort of answer for that, too, one better than, well, Captain America got away with it.

[quote]“One of my favorite things about making the original was that it took place during World War I in 1917, an era full of metaphors like modernity and the mechanized world,” she said. “I grew up in the ’80s, and this has its own look and feel. The reason I am excited is it showed mankind at its best and worst. It was grand and wonderful, there was great music and there were elegant and beautiful things. But other things about the decade revealed the worst of us. To have Wonder Woman in that period of time that was us at our most extreme, is wonderful.”

[quote]The early scene showed Wonder Woman flying into a mall, rescuing a cute kid and disarming a couple of gun-wielding thugs. This was purely ’80s, the heyday of the brick-and-mortar shopping malls that seem to be going the way of the drive-in movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149July 21, 2018 10:18 PM

Pedro Pascal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150July 30, 2018 8:25 PM

IF they really bring Steve Trevor back it will be a huge mistake. Everything about his character was done perfectly the first movie. They will fuck up the plot trying to make this Resurrection work

by Anonymousreply 151July 30, 2018 8:28 PM

Probably not R151. For whatever reason, Patty Jenkins has his return in mind as soon as the first was a hit.

They need to figure out why WW went all Snyderverse emo for WWII and up to Batman and Superman in the 2010s. One option is to start all over with the building blocks that you liked from the previous effort.

by Anonymousreply 152July 31, 2018 2:59 PM

It’s a freaking comic book movie. Bringing a character back to life is hardly unworkable. The lead is a mythical Amazon and the daughter of Zeus, so it’s hardly a big stretch to bring her boyfriend “back to life.”

by Anonymousreply 153July 31, 2018 3:08 PM

[quote]For whatever reason, Patty Jenkins has his return in mind as soon as the first was a hit.

Because Chris Pine was a key part of making the first Wonder Woman movie work, it is easy to see why she would want him back.

by Anonymousreply 154July 31, 2018 3:15 PM

Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman action figure! Finally!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155August 10, 2018 8:57 PM

Chris Pine was the best part of the first movie.

by Anonymousreply 156August 10, 2018 11:00 PM

Wonder Woman 84 pushed back 7 months.

It won't be out until summer 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157October 22, 2018 10:22 PM

Hmm, I wonder what the real reason is for the 7 month delay.

by Anonymousreply 158October 22, 2018 10:24 PM

They know it's shit.

by Anonymousreply 159October 22, 2018 10:28 PM

R143 Sekowsky:'s art on WW 2 was arguably his best ever.

by Anonymousreply 160October 22, 2018 10:32 PM

R159 Mr Marvel shows up finally at R159. Go suck Quesada's cock elsewhere you Marvel loving Zombie fraud

by Anonymousreply 161October 22, 2018 10:38 PM

R161

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162October 22, 2018 10:40 PM

Will Chris be showing his cock?

by Anonymousreply 163October 22, 2018 10:41 PM

...are you serious with that shit r161?

Go leave it to some comic book fanboards, don't bring those chidish antics here.

by Anonymousreply 164October 22, 2018 10:43 PM

Going back through through history with WW was such a great idea. One of the things I've always found cool about the character is that she is much older than her Justice League team mates. They are all 30-40 but she's well over 100

by Anonymousreply 165October 24, 2018 12:24 PM

Wonder Woman is actually centuries old. Her exact date of creation has never been given, but it was hundreds and hundreds of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 166October 24, 2018 12:42 PM

Classically WW is quite old, probably a couple thousand years ago. I believe New 52 continuity changed it to her being only like 23 year rather than ancient, but the movie ignored that.

by Anonymousreply 167October 24, 2018 11:00 PM

New 52 did lower her age. But it's unclear if that stuck in rebirth. I prefer to think she's still really old

by Anonymousreply 168October 24, 2018 11:08 PM

It was great that they set the first WW movie in WWI, it was a nice change of pace. Never in her history had WW come to the outside world during WWI, it was always WWII or later. The change really worked, though.

by Anonymousreply 169October 24, 2018 11:24 PM

[quote]New 52 did lower her age. But it's unclear if that stuck in rebirth. I prefer to think she's still really old

If I remember the first story arc correctly, she was still on the young side. There was a mention that she'd just gotten together with her first girlfriend when Steve showed up on Themyscira.

by Anonymousreply 170October 24, 2018 11:34 PM

Robin Wright will also be coming back from the dead as Antiope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171October 31, 2018 8:00 PM

Probably flashback scenes r171.

by Anonymousreply 172October 31, 2018 9:56 PM

So it looks like Wonder Woman didn't go back to her island after WWI and in 1984 has been living in the outside world for over 60 years. If she's been active as "Wonder Woman" for all that time, it will be interesting to see how no one's ever been aware of her. When she showed up in Batman vs. Superman nobody had any idea who she was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173January 9, 2019 11:04 PM

Official poster is sweet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174June 5, 2019 8:34 PM

I want to see The Cheetah!

by Anonymousreply 175June 5, 2019 11:11 PM

R174 something about it is off. They made Gal's head too big.

by Anonymousreply 176June 6, 2019 6:49 AM

I wish so much they'd bring in Lynda Carter into this cinematic world. If she played a villain, it would be great to watch Gal go at it with the OG Wonder Woman!

by Anonymousreply 177June 6, 2019 7:09 AM

The lead actress (can't even remember her name and don't care) has zero charisma, no comedy instincts.

This film should have been a campy, sexy romp- not some dreary superhero slog.

by Anonymousreply 178June 6, 2019 7:54 AM

R177 at the least, she should make a cameo. It was cool to see her play the President on Supergirl.

by Anonymousreply 179June 6, 2019 8:16 AM

WW should go commando in a miniskirt and give the boys a show, flying overhead, with her meat curtains pressed to the clear plastic seat.

by Anonymousreply 180June 6, 2019 10:16 AM

R180 maybe you should start directing pornos.

by Anonymousreply 181June 6, 2019 1:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!