Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

That Pumpkin Spice Shit is Coming Back, Isn't It?

Today is Labor Day, which means tomorrow is the official Frau start to pumpkin spice season.

by Anonymousreply 314August 12, 2018 4:15 PM

It is shit.

by Anonymousreply 1September 4, 2017 2:02 PM

I think DataLounge should resolve one and all to not buy one single product with this abominable spice combination in order to hasten their demise.

Agreed?

by Anonymousreply 2September 4, 2017 2:05 PM

You're too late. It has already begun.

by Anonymousreply 3September 4, 2017 2:06 PM

Kroger had Starbucks brand instant pumpkin spice coffee powder out for sale yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 4September 4, 2017 2:06 PM

I have not bought a single pumpkin spice product since it began. I don't go to Starbucks period during pumpkin spice season. I bought so many tea bags and coffee filters at TJ's the last time I was there, I'm sure I'm good until January.

by Anonymousreply 5September 4, 2017 2:09 PM

Pumpkin spice is good for using in the bathroom as a spray. The spicy scents do a better job of quieting the scent of excretia than the flowery scents.

by Anonymousreply 6September 4, 2017 2:09 PM

[quote]The spicy scents do a better job of quieting the scent of excretia than the flowery scents.

Now that I've learned this tidbit of information, I kind of wish I hadn't.

by Anonymousreply 7September 4, 2017 2:10 PM

R6 is right. There's no reason to drink air-freshener-flavored coffee.

by Anonymousreply 8September 4, 2017 2:11 PM

Could someone explain to those of us outside of the US...wtf is pumpkin spice?

by Anonymousreply 9September 4, 2017 2:12 PM

If you drink pumpkin spice, you don't need air freshener when you take a shit.

by Anonymousreply 10September 4, 2017 2:14 PM

I've been enjoying dark chocolate pumpkin spice biscotti, and caramel apple biscotti with white chocolate drizzle. Tomorrow, I'm having pumpkin spice pancakes for breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 11September 4, 2017 2:15 PM

I hope you die from it, R11.

by Anonymousreply 12September 4, 2017 2:16 PM

Pumpkin spice is a fall celebration of pumpkin flavors, as traditional as apple cider and powdered sugar and cinnamon donuts.

It's simply delicious fun.

by Anonymousreply 13September 4, 2017 2:18 PM

Even Special K cereal has pumpkin spice in it now.

by Anonymousreply 14September 4, 2017 2:19 PM

I'm hungry for a slice of pumpkin pie with real whipped cream.

My Gram makes a great pumpkin spice cheesecake, equally delicious.

by Anonymousreply 15September 4, 2017 2:21 PM

It's early for that shit. as usual. It's gonna be 95 degrees here today and i am not thinking about Thanksgiving food whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 16September 4, 2017 2:23 PM

If you go into the corn maze, r12, I'll be waiting for you.

by Anonymousreply 17September 4, 2017 2:23 PM

At it's most basic, it's just cinnamon and clove, which isn't that repulsive. Though it's often artificial tasting and overly sweet.

Then there are the more extreme permutations, which add other flavors and are more gross.

Actual pumpkin tastes very bland. I heard someone on NPR last week stating that there's no standard for "pumpkin" sold in cans, which isn't surprising. Pumpkin pie usually doesn't have much pumpkin.

by Anonymousreply 18September 4, 2017 2:24 PM

Pumpkin Spice is for east coast fraus.

West coast fraus are busy fretting about gluten and other such threats

by Anonymousreply 19September 4, 2017 2:25 PM

I will not waste my F&Fs on pumpkin spice fans.

by Anonymousreply 20September 4, 2017 2:27 PM

The fact that you call it "Thanksgiving food" is the reason it exists, R16. Starbucks, Trader Joe's, and other shittalicious retailers want you to think it's pumpkin spice season from September 1 - Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 21September 4, 2017 2:29 PM

Pumpkin spice is for east coast frauds.

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 22September 4, 2017 2:29 PM

I love it!! It tastes like fall.

by Anonymousreply 23September 4, 2017 2:30 PM

My cousin is deep frying turkeys at his beach house today, and we're going to have an early Thanksgiving dinner for the family. It's a Labor Day Tradition for us because many of the out of towners get snowed in around the holidays.

I would invite you r16, but I don't like your attitude.

by Anonymousreply 24September 4, 2017 2:30 PM

I hate you!!, r23. You smell like air freshener.

by Anonymousreply 25September 4, 2017 2:31 PM

R20 Muriel would dismiss your claims in a heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 26September 4, 2017 2:31 PM

What color is your asshole, r24?

by Anonymousreply 27September 4, 2017 2:34 PM

It's already back.

by Anonymousreply 28September 4, 2017 2:36 PM

A winery I visited in Massachusetts offered pumpkin spice wine.

I had to try it because the pourer was so cute.

Awful. A sweet white crammed with pumpkin pie spices.

by Anonymousreply 29September 4, 2017 2:43 PM

I just made blueberry yogurt muffins with cinnamon yesterday. I used freshly picked wild blueberries.

by Anonymousreply 30September 4, 2017 2:43 PM

Real spices are a joy, and baking with cinnamon, cloves, and allspice makes me happy.

But this corporate "put fake smells into everything and call it pumpkin spice" is marketing nonsense. Designed to get people to buy more overpriced, sugary, fatty drinks and food.

And r18, anyone who uses canned pumpkin for anything should be shunned. Real pumpkin pies have a lot of pumpkin in them.

by Anonymousreply 31September 4, 2017 2:43 PM

[quote] pumpkin spice season from September 1 - Thanksgiving.

Then it becomes balsam spruce season for scents and peppermint bark season for food.

by Anonymousreply 32September 4, 2017 2:45 PM

What r31 said.

by Anonymousreply 33September 4, 2017 2:46 PM

We'll deal with those when the time comes, R32.

by Anonymousreply 34September 4, 2017 2:47 PM

I'm very allergic to clove, so there are some stores I have to stay away from this time of year.

R31, there's a brand of organic pumpkin I began using when one of my dogs had digestive problems. The cats and other dog wouldn't leave him alone when he was eating pumpkin, so they all ended up with it, after the vet said it was good for all of them.

I bought it by the case for them, and discovered it's nearly as good as the pumpkin I grew and cooked every year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 4, 2017 2:50 PM

I LOVE Peppermint Bark !

by Anonymousreply 36September 4, 2017 2:51 PM

Crushed peppermint shards on everything from (US) Thanksgiving - New Year's Day.

by Anonymousreply 37September 4, 2017 2:52 PM

I havent had starbucks for several months

by Anonymousreply 38September 4, 2017 2:52 PM

R5 I also have not purchased or used any product that contains pumpkin spice ever. It's nasty shit made up of artificial flavors and scents not like the original which made up of natural spices and flavorings.

by Anonymousreply 39September 4, 2017 2:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 4, 2017 2:56 PM

Starbucks don't start their pumpkin spice shit until today or tomorrow. today is labor day. will you survive throughout the day?

by Anonymousreply 41September 4, 2017 2:56 PM

Bullshit, r35. The very act of putting pumpkin into a can destroys it.

by Anonymousreply 42September 4, 2017 2:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 4, 2017 2:58 PM

My Mom used cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, allspice and ginger in her pumpkin pies. We also occasionally had a spice cake, using the same spices, with cream cheese frosting. So I love so-called pumpkin spices, but only when they're the actual spices, not some artificial crap. And I've never ever bought 'pumpkin spice" anything else, like coffee or candles.

by Anonymousreply 44September 4, 2017 3:01 PM

Would any of you have bet on PS becoming so popular though?

I get the fall associations, but it's sort of a random flavor in a country that loves sweet chocolate, vanilla, caramel.

I wonder if its success took Starbucks et al by surprise and how much longer the trend will last

by Anonymousreply 45September 4, 2017 3:02 PM

Are you Gurls not capable of making your own from scratch ?

by Anonymousreply 46September 4, 2017 3:02 PM

I bought Entenmanns apple cider donuts but they tasted like spice. That's not what apple cider donuts taste like.

They also had pumpkin spice donuts. Since the apple cider tasted like spice, I wonder what the pumpkin spice tasted like.

by Anonymousreply 47September 4, 2017 3:03 PM

[qipte]Bullshit, [R35]. The very act of putting pumpkin into a can destroys it.

R42, please come to my house to cut up and purée pumpkin for me. My arthritic hands aren't up to the task.

by Anonymousreply 48September 4, 2017 3:21 PM

[quote] I bought Entenmanns apple cider donuts but they tasted like spice. That's not what apple cider donuts taste like.

What DO they taste like? I've never noticed any particular flavor? Do they use apple cider to make them instead of milk/cream/water?

by Anonymousreply 49September 4, 2017 3:37 PM

i feel a big shit pain in my ass.

by Anonymousreply 50September 4, 2017 3:40 PM

I'm a muscular, masculine gay man and I LOVE seasonal specialties like pumpkin spice, gingerbread and egg nog flavored things. I can't imagine being so cynical that you wouldn't love it, too.

I'll never lose my childhood wonder and excitement for the holidays. It's one of those things that makes life worth living.

by Anonymousreply 51September 4, 2017 3:42 PM

Slow day @ the DL ?

by Anonymousreply 52September 4, 2017 3:42 PM

Slow day @ the DL ?

by Anonymousreply 53September 4, 2017 3:42 PM

Slow day @ the DL ?

by Anonymousreply 54September 4, 2017 3:42 PM

It's really not that difficult, r48.

Halve a pumpkin, scoop out the seeds, bake the two halves for an hour, let it cool, then scoop out the pulp. Run it through a blender if you want it smooth.

Sorry you're too feeble to eat real food.

by Anonymousreply 55September 4, 2017 3:43 PM

Pumpkin spice lube

by Anonymousreply 56September 4, 2017 3:49 PM

I consume so many pumpkin spice products, beginning about now, that by Thanksgiving I can paint a green vine on my tight ass and present orange hole at the TG table and people think it's a sweet pumpkin dessert.

by Anonymousreply 57September 4, 2017 3:49 PM

Pumpkin spice condoms.

by Anonymousreply 58September 4, 2017 3:52 PM

I am totes getting mums today. Cleaning the house and getting out my fall decorations, hay, dried leaves, corn stalks. So excited. Moi JAdore Fall.

by Anonymousreply 59September 4, 2017 3:55 PM

Pumpkin Spice Edible Underwear

by Anonymousreply 60September 4, 2017 3:56 PM

Its still Summer. It's not Fall until Sept 22.

by Anonymousreply 61September 4, 2017 3:56 PM

OK, since we're having this debate, apparently, over using canned pumpkin vs fresh, one of the problems with fresh pumpkin is that most of the pumpkins you'll find for sale are really grown more for ornament than for eating. If you're lucky enough to find sugar or pie pumpkins, great. But carving pumpkins (sold for Jack-O-Lanterns) are often not very tasty, and the flesh is stringy. Surprisingly, butternut squash is a wonderful substitute for pumpkin, and is usually pretty easy to find, and also easy to prepare for a pie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 4, 2017 3:57 PM

I couldn't wait another day, r59, I put mine out last week !

Fall IS the best time of the year.

by Anonymousreply 63September 4, 2017 3:58 PM

Sweet Potatoes are the best alternative to pumpkin for pies. My mom make a killer Sweet Potato Praline Cheesecake.

by Anonymousreply 64September 4, 2017 4:00 PM

"Its still Summer. It's not Fall until Sept 22."

The autumn/"fall" retail season has NEVER coincided with the actual season, and always starts as "back to school" and then really ramps up at Labor Day. But, you knew that.

by Anonymousreply 65September 4, 2017 4:05 PM

[quote]Sorry you're too feeble to eat real food.

And I'm sorry you're so ugly on the inside.

by Anonymousreply 66September 4, 2017 4:12 PM

Yes and I can't wait! I love pumpkin spice latte.

by Anonymousreply 67September 4, 2017 4:18 PM

There is a direct correlation between the rise of pumpkin spice - Trumpkin and the alt-right. All progressives need to boycott and indeed destroy this pernicious substance which turns reasonably reasonable people into hateful loons. This is science and the #1 crisis we face.

by Anonymousreply 68September 4, 2017 4:19 PM

I'll have a pumpkin spice hot drink maybe once or twice during the season, and maybe a hot cider spice, too, but it's got to be on a very cold day, preferably a rainy one. Otherwise, they are too sweet and calorie laden to drink more frequently. My mother used to make a tasty pumpkin spice souffle that was a nice edition to the TG table. I finally made a pumpkin pie for the first time last year (from a can). It turned out great and will make a couple again this year. I love pumpkin pie with real whipped cream. I also make turkey dinners with all the fixings several times during fall and winter simply because they are so tasty.

by Anonymousreply 69September 4, 2017 4:24 PM

I actually like pumpkin spice.

by Anonymousreply 70September 4, 2017 4:25 PM

My first experience with what is now called pumpkin spice was in 1992 at Starbucks at Xmas. They had a Gingerbread Latte which tastes almost exactly like the pumpkin spice of today does. I thought it was the most marvelous wintry beverage imaginable, and I probably returned for at least 10 before they disappeared after the holidays.

by Anonymousreply 71September 4, 2017 4:30 PM

I don't like pumpkin spice in anything except pumpkin pie or muffins, and we use nothing but real, sweet pie pumpkins to make them. There is a wonderful donut baker, in a rest stop on the way north from Boston, in Manchester, after the tolls, that sells the best apple cider donuts. Pumpkin spice is overrated.

by Anonymousreply 72September 4, 2017 4:37 PM

You know what this means?

We made it through the summer without a catastrophic amusement park injury.

by Anonymousreply 73September 4, 2017 4:37 PM

I hate pumpkin spice in my coffee. It ruins the flavor and fraus love it.

by Anonymousreply 74September 4, 2017 4:38 PM

Are halloween candies and costumes in stores yet?

by Anonymousreply 75September 4, 2017 4:39 PM

I bought two pots of yellow and orange zinnias

by Anonymousreply 76September 4, 2017 4:42 PM

[quote] Its still Summer. It's not Fall until Sept 22."

In bird world, it's fall. I have a towhee, a Carolina wren, a white nuthatch, a few downies at the feeder. They are all transients who stop for a few weeks and then disappear south.

The migratory Canada geese have been back for a few weeks. The r g blackbirds and robins are long gone. My hummingbird feeders are slowing down after the migratory frenzy. The house sparrows have moved en masse into the holly hedge in front of my house. Crows are back, making the rounds and scaring the blue jays, who make alarm calls all day long. Some of the blue jays are bald, which always happens late summer into fall.

Hawks are back in my yard, stalking the mourning doves.

by Anonymousreply 77September 4, 2017 4:49 PM

[quote]And I'm sorry you're so ugly on the inside.

Just keep drinking that crap and tell me how beautiful your insides are, frau.

by Anonymousreply 78September 4, 2017 6:10 PM

How many of you pumpkin spice fans are straight women?

I am a gay male boomer, and I find it an abomination.

by Anonymousreply 79September 4, 2017 6:15 PM

Of course it's an abomination. We wouldn't even be discussing it every year if it wasn't for the frau invasion.

by Anonymousreply 80September 4, 2017 6:17 PM

The people who freak out over others enjoying something as harmless as pumpkins spice need intensive mental health therapy.

Relax. Breathe a bit. Remember to "live and let live." And calm the fuck down, psycho!

by Anonymousreply 81September 4, 2017 6:19 PM

Shut up, frau cunt

by Anonymousreply 82September 4, 2017 6:20 PM

It's the number one beverage that fibromyalgia fraus love to cradle.

by Anonymousreply 83September 4, 2017 6:21 PM

Wait for one of your pumpkin spice friends to take a shit, R81, and eat that.

by Anonymousreply 84September 4, 2017 6:22 PM

1) it's like 100 degrees in L.A.

2) it's going to be 86 degrees in NYC

3) I haven't even been to the ocean once this summer but I'm not worried about it because I know it's still going to be very warm for a few more weeks

4) fall begins on the 21st

5) not everywhere in the U.S. experiences "fall" the way everyone thinks of it. It truly is a northeast and Midwest deal. There are places one can escape to.

[quote]And [R18], anyone who uses canned pumpkin for anything should be shunned. Real pumpkin pies have a lot of pumpkin in them.

This is completely retarded. Only dumb asses who are tragically granola and DIY think that you have to start with a whole, raw pumpkin to make a pumpkin. In the real world, everyone—including gourmet cooks/bakers—uses canned pumpkin. It's really the only way. Look up recipes online. Go ahead, do it now. See how many of the 4 or 5-star recipes from trusted and well known cooks and publications tell you to start with a whole, raw pumpkin.

I know fresh and whole and in-season is generally the way to go for ALL cooking and baking, but not when it comes to pumpkin pies. The flavor is all in the spices, sweetened condensed milk, and the butter crust. It's ludicrous to go through the trouble of cutting and cooking and puréeing a whole pumpkin yourself when there will be no discernible difference in taste or texture when the cooled pie is finally served. None whatsoever. Do not listen to anyone who would tell you otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 85September 4, 2017 6:33 PM

What is ludicrous, R85, is to make pumpkin pie in the first place. People are such sheeple.

by Anonymousreply 86September 4, 2017 6:35 PM

[quote]Only dumb asses who are tragically granola and DIY think that you have to start with a whole, raw pumpkin to make a pumpkin.

That should have read, "to make a pumpkin pie", of course. I was too angry to proofread or type carefully. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 87September 4, 2017 6:35 PM

Clearly, you've never had real pumpkin, or you'd be able to immediately tell the difference.

And all my recipes state "pumpkin, cooked". They say nothing about canned.

But go ahead and pull recipes off the Internet, where most cake recipes start with "take a box of cake mix".

by Anonymousreply 88September 4, 2017 6:37 PM

Real food is just TOO HARD!

by Anonymousreply 89September 4, 2017 6:38 PM

I mostly agree R86, because I hate the way normies just embrace everything related to fall and Christmas because that's what our culture pushes on everyone. On the other hand, I actually do love the taste of pumpkin pie and am happy to make one once or twice during the season.

People don't have to surrender to fall weather and its customs. There is no need to bundle up in a sweater and leather jacket and get out your scarves and cradle a mug and sit by the fire and get all stupid.

My advice to my brothers and sisters who hate fall and winter: RESIST. Go south. Find some warm water. Stay in shorts and flip flops. Ride your bike, eat some fresh produce that isn't acorn squash.

by Anonymousreply 90September 4, 2017 6:40 PM

Martha uses pumpkin that has not been canned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91September 4, 2017 6:41 PM

As others have said Pumpkin has no real flavor. It is just cinnamon, nutmeg and other flavors.

The popularity confounds me.

Also me and r51 would not get along. The silly, consumerist obsession with holidays annoys me.

by Anonymousreply 92September 4, 2017 6:41 PM

Martha Stewart is an exception. She's always trying to get people to do unnecessary shit in the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 93September 4, 2017 6:42 PM

Ina uses canned pumpkin puree, not canned pumpkin pie filling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94September 4, 2017 6:42 PM

No doubt R51 also believes in god and Santa Claus still.

by Anonymousreply 95September 4, 2017 6:43 PM

The main point, R94, being that she uses a canned pumpkin, not a whole one.

by Anonymousreply 96September 4, 2017 6:44 PM

But he's still musc and masc, ladies!

by Anonymousreply 97September 4, 2017 6:44 PM

Julia Child's aunt uses canned pumpkin puree, like Ina. It's behind the NYT paywall, so I'm choosing to let you bitch at me for not providing a link rather than one you have to pay for.

by Anonymousreply 98September 4, 2017 6:46 PM

I can only add to the chorus of haters of any pumpkin-spice combo shit. The lavatorial qualities also make sense but I think I might prefer to smell human waste than pumpkin spice.

by Anonymousreply 99September 4, 2017 6:46 PM

[quote]But he's still musc and masc, ladies

Which just makes him sound even more like a conformist, to go along with his love of fall flavors.

by Anonymousreply 100September 4, 2017 6:47 PM

Fraus and their tastes..... barf.

by Anonymousreply 101September 4, 2017 6:48 PM

Alice Waters uses Seminole pumpkin, i.e., the real thing, but accommodates those who use canned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102September 4, 2017 6:49 PM

"If you drink pumpkin spice, you don't need air freshener when you take a shit."

You've obviously never followed Victoria Beckham into the loo.

by Anonymousreply 103September 4, 2017 6:54 PM

Rose uses canned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104September 4, 2017 6:55 PM

I hate pumpkin pie, so I don't give a crap whether anyone uses a real pumpkin or a canned pumpkin. It all tastes equally bad to me.

by Anonymousreply 105September 4, 2017 7:26 PM

No one up here gives a rat's fucking turd what Julia Child did with canned pumpkin, nor do we care if you use fresh or some plain old dumpkin pumpkin. WE know the difference between a pie pumpkin and a jack o'latern type. Keep thinking they're the same, idiots.

by Anonymousreply 106September 4, 2017 7:41 PM

Agreed, R106. With the deference we gladly show to southerners on their abomin--er, signature beverage iced sweet tea, you'd think they'd show the same to us regarding pumpkins.

by Anonymousreply 107September 4, 2017 7:53 PM

I haven't read most of the posts on this thread, but I have to agree with OP when he says, 'That pumpkin spice shit', literally, LOL! Two years ago when the pumpkin spice boom really hit, I have to admit that I love, love, loved it! LOL! I drank it all the time, the thing is, I'm lactose intolerance and have undiagnosed diverticulaitis and I thought that pumpkin spice was a great dairy substitute, no one mentioned that the latte's still had milk in them! YOWZA! At first I didn't notice anything, but I can really eat anything sweet and I have undiagnosed impulse management syndrome and must have drank like five in one work day. Normally at my former place of employment I would spend a good three-five hours in the ladies room on average, but I spent from 11:30-4:58pm (I know this because I was written up and the woman in PR timed it---talk about a fetish!!! LOL!) in the bathroom and it DID smell like pumpkin spice! But strangely it didn't smell good, it smelled like a bunch of feral cats peed on an old gymshoe that was filled with cinnamon and cloves which was then stuck in a scarecrow and lit it on fire. After that, no more pumpkin spice for me!

by Anonymousreply 108September 4, 2017 7:59 PM

And yet somehow you still can't manage to spell this undiagnosed illness of yours.

by Anonymousreply 109September 4, 2017 8:03 PM

I believe R8 has also admitted to shitting in stores.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 4, 2017 8:09 PM

Yes, I was in CVS yesterday and noticed they had some kind of pumpkin spice merchandise out, but I can't remember whether it was cookies or candles or a facial masque.

by Anonymousreply 111September 4, 2017 8:10 PM

I like pumpkin pie but sweet potato pie is better.

by Anonymousreply 112September 4, 2017 8:12 PM

I bet Trump's spray tan is pumpkin spice flavored.

by Anonymousreply 113September 4, 2017 8:12 PM

I stewed my own pumpkin once for a pie. My sister warned me not to, because she said traditional jack o lantern type pumpkins aren't ideal for eating due to their blandness, but it wasn't bad. Honestly I don't think it matters. After I stewed it down and added the custard mixture and spices it tasted great. We're not a big pumpkin pie eating family but the people who shared a polite little slice said it was pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 114September 4, 2017 8:14 PM

You bake a pumpkin, R114. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 115September 4, 2017 8:15 PM

Oh yeah? Bake it then prepare the filling from it? Hm. Maybe that adds to the flavor too. I just assumed you cook it on the stovetop, I chopped it in pieces in about two inches of water and cooked it covered on medium for an hour. I don't have much experience with pumpkin pies.

by Anonymousreply 116September 4, 2017 8:18 PM

Your method, R116, explains a lot about why people think pumpkin is essentially flavorless. I can assure you, it's not. Place a pat of butter on a quartered, small pie pumpkin, in a glass baking dish (you'll want to keep the juices) and bake at 350 degrees, covered, until the flesh is tender. Cool, scrape, and use.

by Anonymousreply 117September 4, 2017 8:21 PM

Well, if you do use a whole pumpkin instead of the canned stuff, be sure you clean the seeds well, then toast them in the oven. They're a very healthy snack.

R116, if you cut a pumpkin or other squash in halves or quarters, or big chunks, you can bake it on a sheet pan in the oven until soft. Then scoop the flesh away from the outer rind. Baking it will give it a richer, sweeter flavor.

by Anonymousreply 118September 4, 2017 8:22 PM

Pumpkin spice only became a "thing" in the last decade, or so. Growing up in the 70s-80s, the only pumpkin-flavored thing was actual pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving, and most people hated it. Funny how it's all the rage now.

The same could be said for gingerbread-flavored and scented things. People hated anything gingerbread back then, but now it's all the rage, just like pumpkin.

by Anonymousreply 119September 4, 2017 10:56 PM

I'd be so happy if I could just have one bite of a real pumpkin.

by Anonymousreply 120September 4, 2017 10:59 PM

Pooping in a store. OMG. she dropped that load and went on her merry way.

by Anonymousreply 121September 4, 2017 11:41 PM

I hate mincemeat pie, too

by Anonymousreply 122September 4, 2017 11:55 PM

long lines everywhere for this craps - hate pumpkin spice

by Anonymousreply 123September 4, 2017 11:57 PM

PSLs are NOT just a Frau thing. I'm a 34 year old New Yorker and I love them. It's a little too hot to have one now, but in a few weeks I'm sure I'll give in some morning before work. I don't understand what people have against this blend of spices.

by Anonymousreply 124September 5, 2017 1:38 AM

[quote] I don't understand what people have against this blend of spices.

It took over an entire three months of the American calendar?

by Anonymousreply 125September 5, 2017 1:44 AM

My grocery store has piles of enormous Hallowe'en potato chips, candy bar boxes, you name it to the roof of the store.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126September 5, 2017 2:09 AM

My bf's mother loves pumpkin stuff but she's a Brit and they don't really have it over there. I need to send her a box of seasonal goods.

by Anonymousreply 127September 5, 2017 2:57 AM

They don't much of anything Hallowe'enish in Australia. Spiced drinks that we've been discussing on this thread don't exist down there. I was amused to see the only use for pumpkin was as a veggie side dish. Something i never ate in Canada. Even funnier, the Australians had never heard of "pumpkin pie." They found that very odd and somewhat amusing.

by Anonymousreply 128September 5, 2017 3:17 AM

They don't do......

by Anonymousreply 129September 5, 2017 3:18 AM

my co-worker brought in pumpkin donuts from Dunkin Donuts and I took a bite of one. It was OK. I don't usually eat donuts, I just wanted to try it to see what all this pumpkin fuss was about...

by Anonymousreply 130September 5, 2017 3:20 AM

Starbucks needs to fuck off with the pumpkin spice and bring back the almond syrup.

by Anonymousreply 131September 5, 2017 3:29 AM

I don't think there's much of anything that they can put pumpkin spice in that I already consume.

Fake spices for fake food.

by Anonymousreply 132September 5, 2017 3:31 AM

OK. my sister spent some of her college years in the UK, and that was one of one of the things that I remembered her telling me: that Europeans were baffled by Americans' interest in Pumpkin pies. Pumpkin is known and consumed in much of Europe, but typically in savory dishes. In the US, its primary use in in pie, with lots of sugar and spice added. You can swap out different ingredients (like butternut squash or sweet potatoes) for a similar taste. Either way, you're essentially eating a spice-flavored pie.

The idea of using 'pumpkin pie spice' from the grocery store is proof of a lazy cook. A real cook would have all those spices on hand, and use them as needed. You may need cinnamon in some dishes, and allspice in others, but the idea that you need that combination in any other dish is sort of embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 133September 5, 2017 3:56 AM

Roast pumpkin soup/bisque, pumpkin ravioli and pumpkin cheesecake are becoming popular in US restaurants in Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 134September 5, 2017 4:16 AM

Yes, r134. I should have noted the timeline. I returned to Canada in '97. Pumpkin - it was unheard of to eat pumpkin as part of a main meal. In Australia, however, it was very common to have pumpkin as you would have a baked potato. I can still say, that it's not common to eat "baked" pumpkin as part of a meal in Canada. On its own.

by Anonymousreply 135September 5, 2017 4:30 AM

[quote]Pooping in a store. OMG. she dropped that load and went on her merry way.

I love that video.

But then it led me to a video of Jim Carrey from some show (The Office?) "trapped in elevator for 41 hours with diarrhea", and I read a number of the YouTube comments from idiots thinking it was real security cam footage, and it made me so depressed. Dear lord, why are YouTubers SO stupid?

by Anonymousreply 136September 5, 2017 6:04 AM

What's next for the DLWhiny Boys?

A derogatory thread about Will and Princess Kate preparing to welcome their third child?

Jealousy looks so good on you!

by Anonymousreply 137September 5, 2017 12:52 PM

I'm enjoying the lovely scent of my Pumpkin Buttercream large Yankee jar candle as I type.

by Anonymousreply 138September 5, 2017 12:59 PM

I eat pumpkin as a side dish (often saluted or roasted with other vegetables ), in risotto, and as a stuffing in ravioli.

There are different breeds of pumpkin...you want those with sweet dense pulp. It has a very nice flavor.

by Anonymousreply 139September 5, 2017 1:09 PM

And I am enjoying the mouth watering aroma of my Maple Belgian Waffle large jar candle, available @ Dollar General for $5.

by Anonymousreply 140September 5, 2017 1:12 PM

r140, i hate cheap, fake, yankee knock-off candles at cheap assed stores. buy genuine yankee.

by Anonymousreply 141September 5, 2017 1:13 PM

Relax, R138 and R140. You're both white trash.

by Anonymousreply 142September 5, 2017 1:23 PM

Wasting money on brand name products is a wasteful habit.

I may be white trash but my home smells divine.

I'm also a great cook, AND......I shop at Aldi's!

Saving money makes it a breeze to pay for my home. I'm in the final year of my fifteen year mortgage, two payments to go!

I'm proud of being thrifty and sensible. And I'm not ashamed to admit that I love all things pumpkin.

by Anonymousreply 143September 5, 2017 1:54 PM

Regardless, R143, you burn scented candles.

by Anonymousreply 144September 5, 2017 1:55 PM

[quote] AND......I shop at Aldi's!

It's ALDI, not Aldi's, trash

by Anonymousreply 145September 5, 2017 2:01 PM

Nobody tell R73.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146September 5, 2017 2:27 PM

I don't know about you, but this bitch is ready for autumn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147September 5, 2017 2:30 PM

The color orange has been ruined, forever, and this is even after those hideous flagging vests were a thing. I like pumpkins, but I just can't with them this year. I'm also both dreading and anticipating this year's version of those fancy-cut jack-o-lanterns. Like Halloween, adult children fuck up everything.

by Anonymousreply 148September 5, 2017 2:35 PM

R108 Are you the same person who always talks about having undiagnosed irritable bowel syndrome?

Or was it undiagnosed Crohn's disease?

by Anonymousreply 149September 5, 2017 2:38 PM

The people who like this garbage are mindless sheeple who will consume anything advertisers tell them too. They are brainless lemmings without an original thought in their empty heads.

by Anonymousreply 150September 5, 2017 2:53 PM

[quote]The color orange has been ruined, forever

It started out pretty hideous, though, you have to admit.

by Anonymousreply 151September 5, 2017 2:55 PM

I think poppies, pumpkins, and maple leaves got it right, R151. People fucked it up.

by Anonymousreply 152September 5, 2017 2:57 PM

Of course it's coming back, OP. Lot's of people like it or they wouldn't sell so much of it.

by Anonymousreply 153September 5, 2017 2:58 PM

[quote]I'm a muscular, masculine gay man and I LOVE seasonal specialties like pumpkin spice, gingerbread and egg nog flavored things. I can't imagine being so cynical that you wouldn't love it, too.

So you're brainless AND muscular? AND "masculine"!?? Stop the presses!

by Anonymousreply 154September 5, 2017 2:59 PM

I love seasonal things, too and decorated my mantel with autumnal splendor last night. Love it. Pumpkin spice drink coming right up!

by Anonymousreply 155September 5, 2017 3:19 PM

Why are so many gay men do bitter and miserable, expending so much time and energy wallowing in self imposed misery? The question is often asked here, but never answered.

What a wasted life some choose to lead.

by Anonymousreply 156September 5, 2017 3:36 PM

R154 you are the brainless one, but your too brainless to see it.

by Anonymousreply 157September 5, 2017 3:38 PM

R156, I wonder the same thing. DL can be so toxic. I've been visiting for more than two decades now, and sometimes I just have to quit for a while.

by Anonymousreply 158September 5, 2017 3:44 PM

R133 = 😴

I bet you wear a ruffled apron, with a matching hair net in the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 159September 5, 2017 3:45 PM

Has the Darfur Orphan weighed in yet?

by Anonymousreply 160September 5, 2017 3:46 PM

Yeah, Starbuck's was first to make it a "thing" and the type of people who mindlessly do Starbuck's (because it means they are cool) also do the Pumpkin Spice thing. They were also the people who collected Hard Rock Cafe T-shirts.

by Anonymousreply 161September 5, 2017 3:46 PM

American Horror Story: Pumpkin Spice

It's official! The rollout started today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162September 5, 2017 3:51 PM

Cradled mugs feel better when filled with PSL.

by Anonymousreply 163September 5, 2017 3:53 PM

I'm going to go to Starbucks, order a pumpkin spice something or other, bring it home, pour it into a mug, and cradle the fuck out of it, just in DL's honor.

by Anonymousreply 164September 5, 2017 3:55 PM

[quote] Or was it undiagnosed Crohn's disease?

I think it was undiagnosed "Chron's disease" that person had

by Anonymousreply 165September 5, 2017 3:56 PM

The Food Network also played a huge role in making pumpkin the Fall "IT" food. Bobby Flay in particular, who can't get enough of the glorious gourd.

by Anonymousreply 166September 5, 2017 3:56 PM

The Darfur Orphan is an outrageous fan of Gorant's Milk Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Creams. And I highly enjoy that heavenly concoction know as Pumpkin Praline Pie, with a cloud of fresh whipped cream, and a pumpkin mocha latte on the side.

America ..❤.. The Blessed Country of All Things Pumpkin !

See ya' at Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 167September 5, 2017 3:57 PM

R164 You go and cradle that mug like you've never cradled anything in your life before.

And post the pic here just to annoy the anti-cradling lobby.

by Anonymousreply 168September 5, 2017 3:59 PM

This is my favorite time of the year!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169September 5, 2017 4:04 PM

Purple drank becomes orange drank in honor of autumn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170September 5, 2017 4:08 PM

Are mittens required to "cradle?"

I'd like to try that!

by Anonymousreply 171September 5, 2017 4:12 PM

I'm partial to this classic pumpkin spice, R169.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172September 5, 2017 4:12 PM

r172 must have tickled to death!

by Anonymousreply 173September 5, 2017 4:14 PM

[quote]The Darfur Orphan is an outrageous fan of Gorant's Milk Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Creams. And I highly enjoy that heavenly concoction know as Pumpkin Praline Pie, with a cloud of fresh whipped cream, and a pumpkin mocha latte on the side.

Huh. I figured you to be a pumpkin spice dung kind of guy.

by Anonymousreply 174September 5, 2017 4:14 PM

[quote]your too brainless to see it.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 175September 5, 2017 4:17 PM

R149, it's the person who always has a long poop-filled story for every occasion. They suffer from no actual condition, unless being unable to tell a humorous story is a condition.

by Anonymousreply 176September 5, 2017 4:22 PM

[quote][R172] must have tickled to death!

We really have to put that on the soles of his feet as well.

by Anonymousreply 177September 5, 2017 4:29 PM

Always tells poop related anecdotes eh?

Now WHO does that remind me of????

by Anonymousreply 178September 5, 2017 4:32 PM

D.O. at R171:

Obviously your Starbucks's Pumpkin Spice Latte is going to be cold* by the time it reaches your little hillock in the desert.

*Cold, meaning whatever the ambient temperature is in Darfur is in the late summer (I'm assuming scorching).

by Anonymousreply 179September 5, 2017 4:58 PM

After ww2, they deported a bunch of the Japanese they incarcerated.

Even the US didn't do that.

by Anonymousreply 180September 5, 2017 5:00 PM

I was just going to post the same thing. R180 beat me to it.

by Anonymousreply 181September 5, 2017 5:27 PM

R179 Perhaps, this might be the perfect opportunity to imbibe in an Iced Mocha Pumpkin Spice Latte.

But in Darfur, it's almost as difficult to find ice as it is a refreshing latte.

But on the plus side, Sister Mary Agony promises Pumpkin Pancakes and real maple syrup for our special Sunday Brunch.

by Anonymousreply 182September 5, 2017 5:29 PM

They who?

by Anonymousreply 183September 5, 2017 5:29 PM

Who did, R180, the pumpkins?

by Anonymousreply 184September 5, 2017 6:10 PM

The Canadians

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185September 5, 2017 6:14 PM

And you're bringing Nippo-Canadian relations into a thread about Pumpkin Spice Season in America WHY, R185 R180?

by Anonymousreply 186September 5, 2017 6:20 PM

What do Canadian activities in the post-ww2 era have to do with Pumpkin Spice Lattes?

by Anonymousreply 187September 5, 2017 6:34 PM

If the non-believers tried a slice of good pumpkin pie with whipped cream , at least 90% would be back for a second slice.

by Anonymousreply 188September 5, 2017 6:37 PM

Even Canadians, r118!

by Anonymousreply 189September 5, 2017 6:38 PM

If there were such a thing as "good pumpkin pie," r188, you're right, we would be back for a second slice. What in the name of fuck makes you think each and every one of us isn't exposed every November to some friend or relative insisting "Oh, you'd LOVE pumpkin pie if you tried MY pumpkin pie." Every fucking Thanksgiving it's the same lie. We try "THEIR pumpkin pie." And it sucks just as much as every other pumpkin pie we were supposed to LOVE.

Fuck you, R188, and fuck your "good pumpkin pie." Use your whipped cream to jerk off with.

by Anonymousreply 190September 5, 2017 6:56 PM

We don't really use pumpkins for food where I'm from but I did make a somewhat similar marrow strudel the other day and it was... moist. Tasteless, but [italic]very[/italic] moist.

by Anonymousreply 191September 5, 2017 7:07 PM

There is no "good" pumpkin pie. Every single person in the US is exposed to pumpkin pie on a yearly basis, so claiming that this disdain springs from ignorance is a bit absurd.

We are also not actually discussing pie, but a marketing gimmick built around pie flavoring grafted onto everything from breakfast cereals to distilled spirits. Since this is the entire point of people's reactions, you can definitely be said to have missed it entirely.

by Anonymousreply 192September 5, 2017 7:08 PM

Canadians deported Japanese who wouldn't eat pumpkin pie. They said, "No way we're having all this leftover pumpkin pie after thanksgiving, not during a war. It's wasteful. If you won't eat your ration of spiced gourd Innards, you're going back to Hirohito."

by Anonymousreply 193September 5, 2017 7:22 PM

LOL, R193 (and I NEVER type "LOL").

by Anonymousreply 194September 5, 2017 7:26 PM

Forget to take your meds again, r190?

by Anonymousreply 195September 5, 2017 7:54 PM

I do know a good pumpkin sauce for gnocchi, but it includes maple syrup and we all know where that comes from. Build the wall!

by Anonymousreply 196September 5, 2017 9:03 PM

In school, we learned to make international dishes, and one from Africa was pumpkin and chicken stew.

The savory pumpkin was nutty.

by Anonymousreply 197September 5, 2017 9:06 PM

French Laundry serves langoustine.

by Anonymousreply 198September 5, 2017 9:20 PM

I'd kill for some good gingerbread. Still too early for that I guess.

by Anonymousreply 199September 5, 2017 9:35 PM

I wish eggnog season would hurry up.

by Anonymousreply 200September 5, 2017 9:36 PM

R199, I have a recipe from the colonial era. I love it warm, from the oven, and smothered in good whipped cream. A real comfort food.

by Anonymousreply 201September 5, 2017 9:41 PM

There's beer for every season, but when it comes to foodstuffs, fall and winter are the focus. There are spring and summer foods, but is there a spring and summer uniform commercial "flavor of the season" like pumpkin spice and peppermint?

by Anonymousreply 202September 5, 2017 11:05 PM

Thank god we made it through that section of the thread where we were being lambasted for our criticism of pumpkin spice.

Seriously: people act like a bunch of retarded fucking lemmings, swallowing whatever is pushed on them, and we're supposed to ...celebrate that?

by Anonymousreply 203September 6, 2017 3:03 AM

Or are you maybe just a contrarian who hates whatever is popular just to have something to hate?

by Anonymousreply 204September 6, 2017 3:10 AM

I make gingerbread all year long because I love it.

by Anonymousreply 205September 6, 2017 3:10 AM

R204, I hate it because I hate the way people love to usher in fall and winter: the two seasons when I am most miserable. I have depression/anxiety and seasonal affective disorder, and I hate everything associated with fall: the shorter days, the lack of fresh local produce, wearing bulky clothing, people and their fucking scarves, the pressure of the upcoming holidays and the expectations that come with them.

Most people—conformists—love that shit and can't wait to get it started earlier and earlier each year. And I will not be made to feel like I'm just a bitter, hateful person just because I'm not an unthinking normie douche/frau who goes along with local traditions.

by Anonymousreply 206September 6, 2017 5:04 AM

I wish we could be together, R206. Until the first of March, at least.

by Anonymousreply 207September 6, 2017 11:38 AM

You sound like a delight, R206

by Anonymousreply 208September 6, 2017 11:41 AM

R206 what you need for a complete attitude adjustment, is a PUMPKIN SPICED LATTE ENIMA which will leave you Spicey and sassy and simmering with Holiday Cheer!

by Anonymousreply 209September 6, 2017 12:11 PM

Everybody has choices. Just because you don't agree with them, doesn't make another person's choices wrong.

If you don't want a heavenly pumpkin spice latte, have a large glass of apple cider vinegar. The perfect beverage for one so bitter.

by Anonymousreply 210September 6, 2017 12:12 PM

You are indeed r206, your own worst enemy.

by Anonymousreply 211September 6, 2017 12:14 PM

This discussion is fun and reminds me of my undiagnosed diverticulightamuss! LOL. Pumpkin spice is really just the best taste in the world, isn't it? LOL! I always look forward to this time of year because everything like pumpkin spice makes me LOL. Do you know what doesn't make me LOL ever? My undiagnosed divertatopicous, that's what, LOL. Still, that's not the only cross I bear. My doctor said I have a serious hypochondriac condition that will take years to overcome. Hypochondria, for those who don't know, is a disease which can rob your body's defenses against undiagnosed divertrevertpervertandheybertalightusblightusnocanfightus.

by Anonymousreply 212September 6, 2017 12:27 PM

R212 You forgot the "This discussion is fun but I haven't read most of the responses in this thread..."

by Anonymousreply 213September 6, 2017 12:33 PM

[quote]I hate everything associated with fall: the shorter days, the lack of fresh local produce, wearing bulky clothing, people and their fucking scarves, the pressure of the upcoming holidays and the expectations that come with them.

Behold, the ne plus ultra of Dataloungedom.

by Anonymousreply 214September 6, 2017 1:44 PM

I love summer! What can I say. I like sunshine, the beach, wearing as little as possible, staying out late, enjoying all the fresh local produce (90% of which really does disappear for fall/winter). I'm young and fit and active.

I'm really the ultimate Datalounger? Really?

by Anonymousreply 215September 6, 2017 1:51 PM

I also get Seasonal affective disorder but I get it the other way around, meaning I get depressed once spring starts. I immediately start counting down to the next autumn the day after the winter solstice.

Being young and fit and active has nothing to do with it. I just can't stand the unbearable heat and the glare of the sun. I also fucking hate sweating outside of sex and exercise. I start sweating within minutes after stepping out of the shower during heat waves. How is that fun?

by Anonymousreply 216September 6, 2017 2:01 PM

Move to the Northwest, R216. Or Pittsburgh.

by Anonymousreply 217September 6, 2017 2:06 PM

I just don't get it. Where I come from, pumpkin is strictly for savoury (salty) items: soup, grilled vegetables, ravioli. No pie, no cake and definitely no coffee.

by Anonymousreply 218September 6, 2017 2:14 PM

[quote]savoury

Must be nice, coming from where you come from, R218.

by Anonymousreply 219September 6, 2017 2:17 PM

It's ok - (NZ(

by Anonymousreply 220September 6, 2017 2:31 PM

R202, in beer world, fruit infusions and shandies are associated with spring and summer.

by Anonymousreply 221September 6, 2017 2:37 PM

R216, you're calling that seasonal affective disorder?

That's not what seasonal affective disorder is.

by Anonymousreply 222September 6, 2017 2:54 PM

I used to make curry from chunks of pumpkin. It was ok but tasted much better with butternut squash.

by Anonymousreply 223September 6, 2017 3:09 PM

I accidentally had a cup of coffee at Starbucks yesterday. It was in a supermarket, so I forgot. No more Starbucks 'til Nov. 24. Must remember. Must remember. Must remember.

by Anonymousreply 224September 6, 2017 3:17 PM

Pumpkin spice is the only thing that relieves my fibromyalgia. At least for a couple of hours anyway.

by Anonymousreply 225September 6, 2017 5:34 PM

[quote]is there a spring and summer uniform commercial "flavor of the season" like pumpkin spice and peppermint?

Watermelon and BBQ

by Anonymousreply 226September 6, 2017 5:36 PM

"Foodstuffs." "Savoury..." "Shandies..."

by Anonymousreply 227September 6, 2017 7:33 PM

#bitchbitchbitchbitchbitch

by Anonymousreply 228September 6, 2017 8:09 PM

"I just don't get it. Where I come from, pumpkin is strictly for savoury (salty) items"

We're largely nor talking about actual pumpkin, but commercial "pumpkin spice" - a group of spices that includes cinnamon, allspice, and clove, among other things. I guess it's the spice profile in a lot of pumpkin pie, so the "pumpkin" moniker is often used for all sorts of things flavored with these spices.

Two female employees in my office were actually talking about Starbucks pumpkin lattes today and raving. One of them had got one over lunch. And, my secretary brought up that she likes their Christmas peppermint drinks. I had to laugh. BTW, this did not bother me at all. I don't care if people like holiday/seasonal food and drink.

by Anonymousreply 229September 6, 2017 10:29 PM

The cans of pumpkin spice that they sell in the supermarket predate the fad -- they were just a mix of ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon for those who just wanted to make a pie without stocking a lot of different jars of spice. In our family, part of the fun of pumpkin pie making was carefully measuring out the individual spices to our liking (a little less cinnamon, a little more cloves and ginger).

by Anonymousreply 230September 6, 2017 11:16 PM

[quote]the fun of pumpkin pie making

There is no such thing.

by Anonymousreply 231September 6, 2017 11:18 PM

Y'all need to give me proper respect!

by Anonymousreply 232September 6, 2017 11:19 PM

You see it everywhere. From coffee to bagels to all sorts of stuff. I cannot stand it any longer , it's like beating a dead horse.

It's funny my favorite bagel is a japaleno deal - it's been replaced by fucking Pumpkin Spice. Uggh!

by Anonymousreply 233September 6, 2017 11:19 PM

To be honest, pumpkin pie is primarily just a delivery system to enjoy the taste of some combination of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, allspice and ginger. I use the exact same spices when I make carrot cake where, again, the carrots add a bit of sweetness and moisture, but not much flavor.

I love vanilla custard and chess pies, so pumpkin pie is a wonderful way to have a spicy custard pie.

People who buy pumpkin spice mix at the grocery show that they're inexperienced cooks. I own all the spices I listed above, but separately, since they all have different uses. Nutmeg is wonderful in lots of cheese and pasta dishes, and with mushrooms. Allspice is a great addition to different ground beef dishes. My Mom's Sauerbrauten recipe included whole allspice berries in the marinade. A couple of whole cloves studded into a whole onion is a traditional flavoring for a variety of French dishes.

On the other hand, I don't truck with pumpkin spice in coffee or candles or anything like that: the scent just seems completely manufactured, even if it may use real ingredients.

by Anonymousreply 234September 7, 2017 12:22 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235September 7, 2017 6:53 AM

Now that's the way to do it, R235. ONE DAY ONLY!

by Anonymousreply 236September 7, 2017 12:22 PM

The pumpkin fucking videos are a bit of a revelation- Popeye makes a bitch out of that poor pumpkin!

by Anonymousreply 237September 7, 2017 12:27 PM

How do some of you handle a major crisis in your miserable lives if you are so easily upset by the presence of the autumn pumpkin ?

by Anonymousreply 238September 7, 2017 1:00 PM

Pumpkin spice is the Corelle of food.

by Anonymousreply 239September 7, 2017 5:00 PM

And tell us, R238: what did YOU do today to add a little pumpkin spice to your life? Or did you make someone else's life pumpkinlicious with lashings of nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, and ginger?

by Anonymousreply 240September 7, 2017 5:02 PM

Have any of you made the Cooks Illustrated recipe for pumpkin pie? It's supposed to be excellent, but much more labor intensive than the average recipe. I don't think I want to go to all that trouble for a pumpkin pie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241September 7, 2017 5:07 PM

Dan Souza couldn't force me to eat pumpkin pie if he put one on his dick.

by Anonymousreply 242September 7, 2017 5:16 PM

[quote] There are spring and summer foods, but is there a spring and summer uniform commercial "flavor of the season" like pumpkin spice and peppermint

Trader Joe's has tried damned hard to make Mango Season a thing.

by Anonymousreply 243September 7, 2017 5:23 PM

I love to bathe in my delicious slick and soapy pumpkin spice baths. It turns me orange and sweet all over. Join me in one of my wet and sloppy pumpkin spice baths and we'll splash about in hot and spicy splendor. Then after, we can drink the bath water!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244September 7, 2017 8:32 PM

I want to try Philosophy's Pumpkin Icing bath gel, but I'm afraid that I'll be tempted to drink some of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245September 7, 2017 8:48 PM

[quote]How do some of you handle a major crisis in your miserable lives if you are so easily upset by the presence of the autumn pumpkin?

How do some of you handle a major crisis in your miserable lives if you are so easily upset by someone in the room who is clearly prettier than you are?

by Anonymousreply 246September 7, 2017 8:56 PM

I'm agnostic on this subject. A neighbor just offered the first pumpkin spice item I've seen this season: pumpkin pie KitKats. Edible, but not great. I'll stick with actual pumpkin pie, lotsa cream.

by Anonymousreply 247September 7, 2017 9:29 PM

Just remember, Corelle is long lasting and durable. Virtually unbreakable.

So is pumpkin pie.

Now gimme a big slice with extra whipped cream, on a Corelle dessert plate . . . . .

by Anonymousreply 248September 8, 2017 7:29 AM

Saw a blackboard outside a NYC restaurant that read: "We proudly do not serve pumpkin spice coffee."

by Anonymousreply 249September 8, 2017 7:46 AM

I remember on NPR Car Talk they had a joke about selling pumpkin spice motor oil

by Anonymousreply 250September 8, 2017 8:18 AM

My partner and I have invited a pumpkin into our bed for the first time-

Pick a big juicy pumpkin- orange or orange adjacent

Carve 2 holes on opposite sides of the nervous blushing pumpkin (hole size may vary due to ethnicity or race)

PUREE

by Anonymousreply 251September 8, 2017 11:52 AM

Just took a batch of pumpkin chocolate chip muffins out of the oven. Going to enjoy them with a cup of German roast coffee.

by Anonymousreply 252September 8, 2017 4:15 PM

🙊 Please don't invite me over for pureed pumpkin soup r251 .

by Anonymousreply 253September 8, 2017 4:20 PM

Jesus, that sounds disgusting, R252.

by Anonymousreply 254September 8, 2017 4:25 PM

R252, may I come to your home for a muffin and a cup of coffee? It sounds scrumptious! R254 obviously has no taste for unique comfort foods.

by Anonymousreply 255September 8, 2017 4:28 PM

Die in a grease fire, R255.

by Anonymousreply 256September 8, 2017 4:30 PM

I suggest that we begin an annual DL tradition : The DL Annual Harvest Festival, where we gather together and celebrate all things, but not limited to pumpkin. Ginger, cinnamon, and all fall spices, as well as apple, carrot, and sweet potato offerings. And don't forget the caramel and whipped cream!

by Anonymousreply 257September 8, 2017 6:05 PM

I suggest a new DL tradition: running R257 through a meat slicer until he is no more. You PS lovers can sprinkle him with your canned chemicals before cremation.

by Anonymousreply 258September 8, 2017 8:04 PM

And just around the corner..... fruitcake!

by Anonymousreply 259September 8, 2017 8:52 PM

OMG !

Pumpkin 🎃 Spice marshmallows in our hot ☕ cocoa tonight !

by Anonymousreply 260September 9, 2017 1:46 AM

Those are just desiccated blowflies, little Darphur orphan. Still, just keep pretending.

by Anonymousreply 261September 9, 2017 1:55 AM

My partner and I are decorating the two small guest bedrooms with Christmas trees this weekend. They're fake so we keep pumpkin spice candles burning down the hall 24./7 to give a little hint of the upcoming season. We started with the Harvest Home theme in the rest of the house last weekend and have hay bales on the front porch with whimsical scarecrows and the first of the larger pumpkins from our patch. Later on they'll be joined by even larger, oranger pumpkins and starting in the first week of October we'll carve some of those into jack o' lanterns. I love this time of year! Tim Horton's usually has some sort of pumpkin spice product and I'll certainly be ordering it next time we go there.

by Anonymousreply 262September 9, 2017 5:48 AM

R262 is a manic Frau wearing a Cracker Factory outfit from QVC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263September 9, 2017 6:30 AM

YAY!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264September 9, 2017 7:07 AM

Hey, Dumbass @ r263, it's

🐤 [bold] QUACKER FACTORY !

by Anonymousreply 265September 9, 2017 12:23 PM

Hmmf. Cracker Factory is more fitting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266September 9, 2017 5:46 PM

Pumpkin Spice moves the bowels along quicker.

by Anonymousreply 267September 9, 2017 6:04 PM

I guess when you're fat, ugly and poor the only thing that makes you feel good is holding a weapon. Just like playing prepper gives this crowd some drama and meaning to their lives.

by Anonymousreply 268September 9, 2017 6:04 PM

Is it de trop?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269September 9, 2017 7:07 PM

Mmmmm, I'd love to cradle this bit o' punkin spice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270September 9, 2017 7:37 PM

The local grocery chain is riding the pumpkin spice gourd today. Soon, there'll be nowhere left to shop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271September 13, 2017 6:18 PM

My favorite pumpkin spice related thing is dumb Youtubers who think "pumpkin spice" means putting [bold]actual pumpkin[/bold] in your drink. The gag face she makes after tasting her canned pumpkin hot chocolate at 7:37 is hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272September 13, 2017 7:36 PM

Today I saw pumpkin spice hummus. They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

by Anonymousreply 273September 15, 2017 3:21 AM

I love the new Pumpkin Spice Poppers!

by Anonymousreply 274September 15, 2017 4:12 AM

And how about those Pumpkin Spice glycerin suppositories? They are perfect for dealing with all that constipating holiday glop we'll be exposed to over the next four months

by Anonymousreply 275September 15, 2017 5:12 AM

The local supermarket features pumpkin spice scented paper towels and napkins at this time of year, along with many more odd pumpkin spice scented things. What next? Scented toilet paper?

by Anonymousreply 276September 15, 2017 6:25 AM

R209 made me laugh. Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 277September 15, 2017 6:36 AM

I tried to warn you about the slippery slope but you wouldn't listen. First it was men marrying men, and now we have pumpkin-spice rickets girls dating their own mothers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278September 15, 2017 7:18 AM

I know vanilla comes from Madagascar and cinnamon from Sri Lanka, but where do we get our pumpkin spice? Does anyone even know?

by Anonymousreply 279September 15, 2017 7:22 AM

I was in Starbucks a few days ago and they had this GIANT poster up that just said "PSL" in huge letters. I can see fraus getting wet just seeing that poster, the way we do when we see another Luke Evans or Colton Haynes thread on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 280September 15, 2017 6:55 PM

[quote]I was in Starbucks a few days ago and they had this GIANT poster up that just said "PSL" in huge letters.

Why I will not go to Starbucks until after Jan 1.

by Anonymousreply 281September 15, 2017 6:57 PM

I love my Pumpkin Spice, so OP can just go to hell.

by Anonymousreply 282September 15, 2017 6:57 PM

Male or female, R282?

by Anonymousreply 283September 15, 2017 7:00 PM

This may come as a shock to you, but Ina has said that pure canned pumpkin is every bit as good as scooping it from a pumpkin.

So, blow that our your ass.

by Anonymousreply 284September 15, 2017 7:09 PM

Yes, I mentioned that in one of these threads, R284. So what?

by Anonymousreply 285September 15, 2017 7:10 PM

But, Ina's mother sucks cocks in hell!

by Anonymousreply 286September 16, 2017 12:40 PM

That was really funny, R286. Who writes your dialogue?

by Anonymousreply 287September 16, 2017 2:38 PM

It's pumpkin spice everything at Trader Joe's I bought some cookies sandwiched with pumpkin spice cream. Too spicy.

by Anonymousreply 288September 28, 2017 9:09 PM

[quote]It's pumpkin spice everything at Trader Joe's

So I don't shop there between Labor Day and Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 289September 28, 2017 9:23 PM

Our admin threw an autumn afternoon refreshment break in the office yesterday, she made a punch of apple cider, sparkling cider, whiskey, and pumpkin pie spice. It was tasty, but I don't know which ingredient it was but my GERD was agony last night, maybe the cider.

by Anonymousreply 290September 28, 2017 10:30 PM

There's paleo pumpkin spice pancake mix at Whole Foods so you can have something that will not help you pack on the pounds.

by Anonymousreply 291September 28, 2017 10:33 PM

R291 gross

by Anonymousreply 292September 29, 2017 5:10 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293October 7, 2017 11:08 AM

Had pumpkin spice french toast yesterday and it was AMAZING.

by Anonymousreply 294October 7, 2017 11:20 AM

Has anyone made a Pumpkin Spice enema?

by Anonymousreply 295October 7, 2017 11:46 PM

r295 It makes your nether regions tingle, but your blood sugar drops 10 points.

by Anonymousreply 296October 8, 2017 1:39 PM

I got pumpkin spice muffins yesterday at Aldi. I'm fancy.

by Anonymousreply 297October 8, 2017 1:54 PM

I like apple crisp. It used pumpkin spice before there was Pumpkin Spice.

by Anonymousreply 298October 8, 2017 1:59 PM

r298 There's also Apple Pie Spice. And Cake Spice.

by Anonymousreply 299October 9, 2017 12:35 AM

What are we, chopped liver?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300October 9, 2017 1:45 AM

Has anyone tried the pumpkin spice Coffee Mate creamer?

by Anonymousreply 301October 9, 2017 2:51 AM

There is also the shit that comes out of my ass, R299, which I will allow you to suck right out.

by Anonymousreply 302October 9, 2017 3:09 AM

We had an office Halloween luncheon today, someone brought in a pumpkin spice flavored IPA. Disgusting. It even had an orange color.

by Anonymousreply 303October 27, 2017 5:09 PM

What is IPA?

by Anonymousreply 304October 27, 2017 5:23 PM

Because I’m a pedantic stickler, it annoys me that people don’t know what “pumpkin spice” really is. They get it mixed up with “spiced pumpkin”.

So, for instance, I have a little shaker of “pumpkin pie spice” in my cabinet. It’s cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg. Yes, I DID sprinkle a little on my coffee and it was nice. It did not make my coffee taste like pumpkin pie. It was just a little cinnamon-y.

Pumpkin ice cream is good, though. My mom used to make it back in the 70s. Heavy cream and nutmeg. Yessss, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 305October 27, 2017 5:23 PM

r304 India Pale Ale

by Anonymousreply 306October 27, 2017 5:39 PM

I tried the Chobani Pumpkin Spice limited edition yogurt I couldn't finish it. Anything with Pumpkin Spice is nasty shit. They did have another limited edition flavor, maple it was wonderful, like eating maple syrup yogurt.

by Anonymousreply 307October 27, 2017 5:46 PM

R307, try the Brown Cow maple yogurt. It has a nice layer of cream on top. It’s delicious.

by Anonymousreply 308October 27, 2017 6:05 PM

I just got a response to last week's email to Trader Joe's. It's safe to go back.

"Thank you for contacting us! Our Trader Joe's pumpkin products are limited and this products inventory has depleted for this season.

Nicki K. Trader Joe's Customer Relations"

by Anonymousreply 309October 28, 2017 12:03 AM

Not deterred by the fact that August is in the summer, Starbuck's 2018 rollout for Pumpkin Spice Latte is slated for August 28th. Fraus across the land are eagerly looking forward to some autumnal mug cradling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310August 12, 2018 4:06 PM

horrible tasting. pure chemical filth

by Anonymousreply 311August 12, 2018 4:09 PM

I can't wait!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312August 12, 2018 4:11 PM

r310

Starbucks has flat sales, their investors are worried they wont make a 600 percent return on their investment.

by Anonymousreply 313August 12, 2018 4:12 PM

Pumpkin Spice Wedding Cak

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314August 12, 2018 4:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!