Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Which famous people, including actors and athletes, do you think are not that smart?

Which of their actions and/or words serve as evidence of their lack of intelligence?

by Anonymousreply 305October 5, 2018 9:18 PM

Beyoncé

by Anonymousreply 1August 15, 2017 3:38 PM

Jennifer Lawrence

by Anonymousreply 2August 15, 2017 3:44 PM

Sadly, Adam Baldwin is a right-winger, and his twitter feed is full of [edit edit edit] conservative Republican opinions that I do not find intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 3August 15, 2017 3:44 PM

Dustin Hoffman - he once said his ancestors come from "Kiev, Russia". What an idiot!

by Anonymousreply 4August 15, 2017 3:47 PM

I've heard that Johnny Depp is particularly stupid. I could start with the "Winona Forever" tattoo and go on from there but I don't want to spam the topic nor get carpal tunnel syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 5August 15, 2017 3:47 PM

99% of them?

by Anonymousreply 6August 15, 2017 3:49 PM

I heard that Joe Jonas isn't too bright. Taylor Lautner, either.

But, considering their looks, it doesn't really matter.

by Anonymousreply 7August 15, 2017 3:52 PM

Joaquin Phoenix has the intellect and intelligence of a middle school teenager. No real education, disastrously dysfunctional childhood coupled with years of drug use ... he's as dumb as a dog. Completely underdeveloped as a human.

One when he was promoting a film in europe (I think it was in England or Scotland or maybe Italy for Gladiator) he was asked if he could ever imagine himself living in any other country other than America and he said "I don't know, because it would be like living in a foreign country."

by Anonymousreply 8August 15, 2017 3:53 PM

Angelina Jolie. Probably Brad Pitt too, but he comes across as a genius in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 9August 15, 2017 3:56 PM

I don't think Jennifer Anniston is that smart. She just got lucky.

by Anonymousreply 10August 15, 2017 4:00 PM

Wolf Blitzer did CELEBRITY JEPOARDY and I was amazed at how little he know. One of the singers from Boyz 2 Men was on the show that week also, and he never answered a single question. Dumb as a post. But Blitzer? I expected more.

Ricky Martin is also kind of dumb, but he tries to hide it behind his Chopra-esque speaking. He tries so hard to sound spiritual and intellectual, but he is dumb.

by Anonymousreply 11August 15, 2017 4:06 PM

^^^how little he KNEW!!

by Anonymousreply 12August 15, 2017 4:06 PM

r8 That explains at least one of JP's film production credits.

by Anonymousreply 13August 15, 2017 4:13 PM

Not all celebs are dumb. I forgot her name but I once saw some bimbo actress on TV and decided to check her instagram profile just for the laughs - to my surprise she was posting pictures of items from the museums she saw on her Eurotrip (like the Venus of Willendorf) and providing some info on those items below the photos. I was left speechless.

by Anonymousreply 14August 15, 2017 4:16 PM

Britney Spears is dumber than Anna Nicole Smith put together.

by Anonymousreply 15August 15, 2017 4:17 PM

[quote] Ricky Martin is also kind of dumb, but he tries to hide it behind his Chopra-esque speaking. He tries so hard to sound spiritual and intellectual, but he is dumb.

Sadly, he's not the only pretentious gay guy who thinks those shallow dimestore platitudes are anything more substantial than a greeting card.

by Anonymousreply 16August 15, 2017 4:18 PM

Rob Gronkowski owns this thread. He's so dumb that the CTE from being tackled is making him SMARTER!

by Anonymousreply 17August 15, 2017 4:21 PM

TRUMP , Tammy Cruise, John Travolta (and all other celebrity clams)

by Anonymousreply 18August 15, 2017 4:35 PM

G. Poor thing isn't smart enough to have even one Oscar! They'll give one to just about anyone.

by Anonymousreply 19August 15, 2017 4:38 PM

Gio Benitez and his himbeau Tommy DiDario are dumb and insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 20August 15, 2017 4:44 PM

anyone from the jersey shore

anyone from the bachelor, bachorlette and bachelor in paradise, celebrity rehab, mob wives, the housewives franchise......

they may not be super 'famous' but you still hear about some of these schmucks.

flava flav aka floufie floufie.....he may know what time it is but he can't read and write.

by Anonymousreply 21August 15, 2017 4:45 PM

[quote] Britney Spears is dumber than Anna Nicole Smith put together.

Unfortunately she was never put together.

by Anonymousreply 22August 15, 2017 4:46 PM

Mariska Hargitay. Oh Lord. That woman is not bright at all. She's as ditzy and spinny as they come. She's also obnoxious and has to be the loudest person in a room.

by Anonymousreply 23August 15, 2017 4:47 PM

[quote] Rob Gronkowski owns this thread.

He at least seems to be aware of it and acknowledge it. Timmy Tebow on the other hand...

by Anonymousreply 24August 15, 2017 4:47 PM

R23 = Sophia Loren

by Anonymousreply 25August 15, 2017 4:47 PM

And here's some scoop. Ice and his wife bitch about Mariska and just roll their eyes at her antics.

by Anonymousreply 26August 15, 2017 4:49 PM

DL FAV Lindsay Lohan. She even came up with a hilarious excuse for not going to college:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 15, 2017 4:52 PM

Leonardo DiCaprio. Listen to any interview.

by Anonymousreply 28August 15, 2017 4:57 PM

Most of them are dumb, it's natures way of compensating for a pretty face or nice body.

by Anonymousreply 29August 15, 2017 4:59 PM

Some of these, notably Pitt and Aniston, are not dumb so much as just perpetually STONED. At least for huge portions of their celebrity. Phoenix too.

The good news is most of the so-called "dumb" ones are the nice folks and easy to work with on set. Personally, the dumbest actors I ever met are the unknown ones who never get to first base because they are incapable of listening to anyone, are so sure they know it all when they know nothing. The successful ones all didn't do that.

by Anonymousreply 30August 15, 2017 5:05 PM

Drew Barrymore. Goop. Cameron Diaz.

by Anonymousreply 31August 15, 2017 5:10 PM

[quote]Poor thing isn't smart enough to have even one Oscar! They'll give one to just about anyone.

You're proof of that, M.

by Anonymousreply 32August 15, 2017 5:10 PM

R7 Swifty sucked their brains out through their cocks?

by Anonymousreply 33August 15, 2017 5:13 PM

Ryan Lochte, the human equivalent of a yellow Labrador Retriever, is amiable and entertaining, but unlike the dog he is as smart as a box of hair.

by Anonymousreply 34August 15, 2017 5:37 PM

Brad Pitt is dumb. I remember an interview he did with Charlie Rose while he was in his "I'm an architect" phase, and he sounded dumber than George Costanza.

by Anonymousreply 35August 15, 2017 6:17 PM

I can't tell if Jolie is plain dumb or just extremely uneducated.

by Anonymousreply 36August 15, 2017 6:20 PM

Cate Blanchett tries way too hard to sound like an intellectual and ends up sounding dumb.

"Thank you, Mr. Day-Lewis, from you it exacerbates this honor and blows it right out of the ballpark."

by Anonymousreply 37August 15, 2017 6:23 PM

You think so, r33?

by Anonymousreply 38August 15, 2017 6:28 PM

[quote]Dustin Hoffman - he once said his ancestors come from "Kiev, Russia". What an idiot!

I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 39August 15, 2017 6:30 PM

Dumb or poorly educated? There's a difference. I'm no fan, but Angelina Jolie is very far from dumb.

by Anonymousreply 40August 15, 2017 6:30 PM

Kiev is the capital of Ukraine, which Russia historically has considered one of its provinces.

by Anonymousreply 41August 15, 2017 6:31 PM

That's what I thought, too, R41.

by Anonymousreply 42August 15, 2017 6:35 PM

Chris Pratt owns this thread and works it's velvet rope- Literally none of his synapses make any connections with each other!

by Anonymousreply 43August 15, 2017 7:02 PM

Kirstie Alley

by Anonymousreply 44August 15, 2017 7:21 PM

Definitely Beyoncé. She can barely speak. Wendy Williams called it. Don't care what the Beyhive says!!

by Anonymousreply 45August 15, 2017 7:23 PM

Kirstie Alley is dumber than a box of rocks. Also, Tom Cruise, Donald Trump (who loves the poorly educated as they will believe anything he says), Charlie Sheen.

Nicole Kidman isn't the brightest bulb either.

by Anonymousreply 46August 15, 2017 7:35 PM

Well, he is dead, but Michael Jackson was as dumb as a stump. He was only clever when it came to getting 10 year old boys in his bed.

by Anonymousreply 47August 15, 2017 8:09 PM

[quote]Chris Pratt owns this thread and works it's velvet rope

He probably doesn't know the difference between "its" and "it's," either.

by Anonymousreply 48August 15, 2017 8:11 PM

[quote]Brad Pitt is dumb. I remember an interview he did with Charlie Rose while he was in his "I'm an architect" phase, and he sounded dumber than George Costanza.

I saw that interview when it aired originally and I've rewatched it a couple of times. You can actually see the moment when Charlie Rose realizes Pitt is a moron and a poseur. It's funny as hell.

by Anonymousreply 49August 15, 2017 8:14 PM

Johnny Depp. I read an interview with him a few years and was shocked - maybe he was just stoned?

Sting, though he is desperate to appear otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 50August 15, 2017 8:16 PM

[quote]Dumb or poorly educated? There's a difference. I'm no fan, but Angelina Jolie is very far from dumb.

Dumb is as dumb does. AJ has done some of the dumbest things I ever seen, most of them for attention.

by Anonymousreply 51August 15, 2017 8:18 PM

All of them, OP. All of them.

by Anonymousreply 52August 15, 2017 8:24 PM

I know this isn't "Celebrities who are smart," R11, but Andy Richter mopped the fucking floor with Wolf Blitzer on Celebrity Jeopardy. He ended up with nearly $40k for charity, compared to Wolf's grand total of negative $4,600.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 15, 2017 8:38 PM

I'm pretty sure Chris Pratt has room temperature IQ

by Anonymousreply 54August 15, 2017 8:56 PM

Beyonce is dumb as a box of rocks, if you've ever seen her interviewed. Wendy Williams got a lot of shit from Beyonce stans for calling her uneducated.

by Anonymousreply 55August 15, 2017 9:32 PM

Keanu Reeves

by Anonymousreply 56August 15, 2017 9:34 PM

I've always believed that Channing Tatum is mildly retarded.

by Anonymousreply 57August 15, 2017 9:35 PM

True about Chris Pratt. If you've ever seen or read an interview with him, he is an utter moron.

by Anonymousreply 58August 15, 2017 9:43 PM

R38 Yup. This is also why Tom Hiddleston thought wearing that T-shirt was a good idea. Her box also contains the dignity of Jake Gyllenhaal.

by Anonymousreply 59August 15, 2017 9:48 PM

R4 Dustin’s maternal grandfather was Louis Isadore Gold (the son of Osher Chaim Gold and Jeta Chona/Chana Epstein). Louis was a Jewish immigrant from Warsaw, Poland.

Dustin’s maternal grandmother was Celia Epstein. Celia was a Romanian Jewish immigrant.

Ethnicity: Ashkenazi Jewish

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 15, 2017 10:17 PM

David Beckham once said this

"I definitely want Brooklyn to be christened, but I don't know into what religion yet."

by Anonymousreply 61August 15, 2017 10:25 PM

Selena Gomez

Chris Pratt

Katy Perry

Brad Pitt

Jennifer Lawrence

Chris Brown

Britney Spears

by Anonymousreply 62August 15, 2017 10:28 PM

Does anyone remember when Schwarzenegger said this? "I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman."

by Anonymousreply 63August 15, 2017 10:29 PM

Tom Cruise

Brad Pitt

Johnny Depp

Mark Walberg

Celine Dion

Chris Pratt

JLaw

Kanye West

Beyawwnze

Jane Fonda

Mark Ruffalo

Susan Sarandon

Ryan Gosling

by Anonymousreply 64August 15, 2017 10:34 PM

Did Cher really think Mount Rushmore was a natural formation or is that just a gay urban legend?

by Anonymousreply 65August 15, 2017 10:38 PM

You may not like Jane Fonda's attachment to the wrong men, but the woman is no way dumb. I am basing my opinion on reading her autobio. She's extremely good with words and getting her opinion across. Post a link to an interview where she sounds dumb. You won't find one.

by Anonymousreply 66August 15, 2017 10:44 PM

Tiger!

by Anonymousreply 67August 15, 2017 10:45 PM

Sarah Michelle Gellar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68August 15, 2017 11:00 PM

Sarah has become a superstar on this site!

by Anonymousreply 69August 15, 2017 11:03 PM

Cherelle, a B list R&B singer and one of Whitney's crack buddies. Really stupid woman. So many singers forego college so they can focus on their careers. And it shows...

by Anonymousreply 70August 15, 2017 11:42 PM

Education doesn't make you smart, but it can mask your stupidity as long as people don't look too close.

by Anonymousreply 71August 15, 2017 11:45 PM

"You bet your sweet bippy" Goldie Hawn is dumb as a box of rocks.

by Anonymousreply 72August 15, 2017 11:57 PM

Many of those mentioned have been working in show biz since they were kids or teenagers. Other than Jody Foster how many kid stars are college grads? I think they are just uneducated.

by Anonymousreply 73August 16, 2017 12:49 AM

R64 I'm a new fan of Mark Ruffalo's greying-hot looks. When I watch his interviews, he sometimes repeats a word in the next sentence.

Eg: ...spontaneous action. ...moments of spontaneity in this film...

Eg2: the pathos drew me to this film. It was the beauty and pathos...

Not dumb-dumb, but somewhat limited vocabulary. Least he can act though.

by Anonymousreply 74August 16, 2017 12:59 AM

Alex Skarsgard is becoming dumb. He wasn't like this years ago don't know what happened to him can this be drugs and alcohol damage to his brain?

by Anonymousreply 75August 16, 2017 1:05 AM

Ben Mendelsohn is not very intelligent but he's ok. and he's an amazing actor so not important. He's very honest too.

maybe he can be considered intelligent in comparison to others but not by my standards.

by Anonymousreply 76August 16, 2017 1:08 AM

Ruffalo is one of the idiotic BernBros who supported Islamist Linda Sarsour.

I don't know, but it really doesn't take much to spot the total poser in people like Sarsour. I mean she is truly evil. It's obvious, how can a guy like Ruffalo not see it?

The BernBros are just as gullible as the deplorables.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 16, 2017 1:09 AM

R77 This is true. He's very annoying too bc of his politics just like Don Cheadle. I unfollowed both of them bc of this.

I also muted Paul Bettany bc he tweets political shits.

by Anonymousreply 78August 16, 2017 1:11 AM

Jessica Simpson.

Bless her heart.

by Anonymousreply 79August 16, 2017 1:12 AM

Michael Peña

by Anonymousreply 80August 16, 2017 1:13 AM

R77 r78 I only check in on Ruffalo's IG for the pretty. He's barely political there. Surprised Marvel doesn't tell them to stdu, but I guess in Hollywood, there's no such thing as *too* left-leaning.

I think Mark's heart is in the right place, seems a nice guy by all fan accounts. Stuck in his ways politically, like most people.

by Anonymousreply 81August 16, 2017 1:17 AM

Charlize Theron

And a liar too. This is one of her lies. She was paid 10 million for 10 minutes in Snow White and the Huntsman and when she was exposed she fooled people and said she had done this for charity. What a manipulative liar!

and the way she portrays herself as a very feminine heterosexual woman it's all lie. Like Angelina Jolie and ScarJo, the ones who try too hard are the dykes.

by Anonymousreply 82August 16, 2017 1:18 AM

R81 Surprised Marvel doesn't tell them to stdu

In a month before and after premieres they tone it down it twitter. Bettany and Ruffalo are like this no idea about Don Cheadle he just can't shut up I unfollowed him within 3 days

by Anonymousreply 83August 16, 2017 1:21 AM

[quote]I think Mark's heart is in the right place.

Probably, buy historically naivete has done a lot of harm. I think Ruffalo is stuck in the echo chamber of the new left. I wonder what he would think if he found out cockroach refused to dismiss the Charlie Hebdo attack or her vole tweet to Ayaan Hirsi Ali or her support for arch conservative clerics that condone violence against women and gays.

by Anonymousreply 84August 16, 2017 1:26 AM

Ruffalo's defense of Sarsour is ridiculous. Maybe he just doesn't know the whole story with her, and is only familiar on a superficial level.

by Anonymousreply 85August 16, 2017 1:31 AM

David and Victoria Beckham are a match made in the (lack of) brains department.

by Anonymousreply 86August 16, 2017 1:33 AM

Yay I'm among Ruffalo fans, it's my only chance to discuss him.

R84 I wonder about his investments. Is he aware that broad US index funds like DJIA and S&P IS Wall Street? Which he surely has some holdings in?? Meh, his tens of millions is not my business.

R83 This thread is about dummies, but RDJ is very smart about selling movie tix. He never lets Ruffalo, Bettany or Cheadle discuss politics around him or the movie they are promoting. In fact, I think RDJ keeps a cool distance from these fervently political actors. He's more willing to act buddybuddy with the apolitical castmates.

by Anonymousreply 87August 16, 2017 1:34 AM

Brad Pitt is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 88August 16, 2017 1:35 AM

How many times has "all of them" been mentioned?

All of them.

"Look! I'm an AC-tor!"

by Anonymousreply 89August 16, 2017 1:37 AM

Don Lemon.

by Anonymousreply 90August 16, 2017 1:41 AM

Jlo and Beyoncé are both dumb as fuck but driven. Two mouth breathers , literally .

by Anonymousreply 91August 16, 2017 1:52 AM

I don't think Nadal is all that smart. And it's not because it took him ten years to learn passable English. I think it's safe to say that most of those tennis pros are under-educated.

by Anonymousreply 92August 16, 2017 1:52 AM

Kate Beckinsale dumb and self-centred

by Anonymousreply 93August 16, 2017 2:01 AM

Bieber on Letterman. Fucking hysterical.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 16, 2017 2:01 AM

[quote]Ruffalo's defense of Sarsour is ridiculous. Maybe he just doesn't know the whole story with her, and is only familiar on a superficial level.

I am sure he is following her on twitter and saw her numerous posts promoting and defending sharia law. If this isn't alarming enough, I don't know what else is.

This BTW is the homophobic rant of some cleric Sarsour called 'one of my favorite people'. He is a professor of Islamic Studies at Southern Methodist University in Dallas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 16, 2017 2:12 AM

[quote]Jessica Simpson.

I'm more inclined to say it was the male half of that pair, Nick Lachey.

Simpson was worth a lot more than he was at the time of their divorce and she had to buy him out, but he was dumb enough to let her get away before her billion dollar business got going.

Lachey is the same moron who had a fit and pouted because she bought herself some La Perla lingerie. When they divorced shortly after their show ended, she was worth $35 million (by comparison, he was worth $5 million). I bet he's kicked his own ass many times since then.

She says he was her biggest money mistake.

by Anonymousreply 96August 16, 2017 3:12 AM

Tom Glavine obviously. Dumb as a rock.

by Anonymousreply 97August 16, 2017 3:16 AM

R82

Don't get it. She is stupid because she was paid insane amount of money for little part in a movie? I think it makes her smart.

by Anonymousreply 98August 16, 2017 3:37 AM

These celebs don't know anything about Islam but blindly supporting and promoting it All of them are dumb

by Anonymousreply 99August 16, 2017 3:44 AM

R98 No not related I said she's not only stupid but a liar too. Watch two interviews from her and you'll see how dumb is she.

by Anonymousreply 100August 16, 2017 3:45 AM

Miley Cyrus, Chelsea Handler, Katy Perry

by Anonymousreply 101August 16, 2017 3:50 AM

Katy Perry and Selena Gomez both very dumb

by Anonymousreply 102August 16, 2017 3:52 AM

Celine Dion, Lena Dunham, Rosie O'Donnell

by Anonymousreply 103August 16, 2017 3:54 AM

Celine Dion is so stupid it is actually offensive, extraordinary voice but dumb as a rock.

by Anonymousreply 104August 16, 2017 4:06 AM

... but so was Whitney

by Anonymousreply 105August 16, 2017 4:06 AM

Whitney

Mariah

Goop

by Anonymousreply 106August 16, 2017 4:14 AM

R47 I'm not his fan but Jackson wasn't stupid

by Anonymousreply 107August 16, 2017 4:15 AM

Kim K

by Anonymousreply 108August 16, 2017 4:17 AM

Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world , can t help but cry . I mean ' d love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff

- Mariah Carey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109August 16, 2017 4:19 AM

Alicia Silverstone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110August 16, 2017 4:21 AM

"I have this weird thing that if I sleep with someone they're going to take my creativity from me through my vagina.”

Lady Gaga

by Anonymousreply 111August 16, 2017 4:24 AM

Whoopi Goldberg---"It wasn't rape-rape".

by Anonymousreply 112August 16, 2017 4:26 AM

R112 What?

by Anonymousreply 113August 16, 2017 4:28 AM

I don't particularly like Mariah Carey but she was way smarter than Whitney. She got that ugly Aussie billionaire fooled and ran away with the bling bling. Whitney got herself a two bit rapper who lived off her money and spend all her money on booze and coke.

by Anonymousreply 114August 16, 2017 4:28 AM

R105 Whitney was a drug addict but she was not stupid. She actually graduated from a nice private school. A sober Whitney was certainly more well spoken than Celine, Mariah or any modern pop stars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115August 16, 2017 4:28 AM

R114 Bobby Brown is not a rapper(wtf?) and taste in men is not a measure of intelligence

by Anonymousreply 116August 16, 2017 4:34 AM

R113, I quoted what Whoopi Goldberg said about Roman Polanski. Polanski was convicted of drugging and raping a 13 year old girl.

by Anonymousreply 117August 16, 2017 4:36 AM

Thanks R117

by Anonymousreply 118August 16, 2017 4:38 AM

Bo Derek. Oh, out to lunch as far as I'm concerned! Didja ever talk to her? This woman is an idiot - she studies for her Pap test!

I asked her, "How many feet in a yard?" She said, "Ha-ha, it's a trick question! It depends on how many people are IN the yard at the time!"

by Anonymousreply 119August 16, 2017 4:42 AM

James Woods, partly because he always mentions his IQ and that he went to MIT (but dropped out). Reactionary politics are another matter...

by Anonymousreply 120August 16, 2017 4:54 AM

Jimmy Fallon

by Anonymousreply 121August 16, 2017 5:00 AM

Leslie Jones

by Anonymousreply 122August 16, 2017 5:07 AM

You're forgetting about Twacy Mo'gan . . .

by Anonymousreply 123August 16, 2017 5:12 AM

Tracy improvises very quickly on stage and during interviews he comes across as witty so I don't consider him dumb like Leslie

by Anonymousreply 124August 16, 2017 5:27 AM

Joe Piscopo always thought he was smarter than he really was

by Anonymousreply 125August 16, 2017 5:28 AM

I watched an entertainment industry gossip show about this subject many years ago (I believe the information was compiled using Hollywood insiders), Steven Seagal was at the top of the list. Nicole Kidman was dubbed one of the smartest.

by Anonymousreply 126August 16, 2017 6:39 AM

Are the wannabe star actresses lining up to beard for a closeted actor? How does this work, do they sign up for this, is there a waiting list or does their agent ask them if they are willing to enter a fake marriage.

I mean it's better than the limited shelf life actresses usually have. Katie Holmes and Kidman are set for life. Kelly Preston's life I am sure is better now than it would have been without Travolta.

by Anonymousreply 127August 16, 2017 6:58 AM

r123 Morgan is not stupid, he's just ignorant, i.e. poorly educated, as is his family.

Most pro hockey players are ignorant and stupid, but they have a good attitude about it They also have good bullshit detectors re: other people. The Euros and the younger kids are going to college, so they're getting smarter. Of course, when you can play at a high NHL level and look like this--really, you can be as stupid as you like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128August 16, 2017 7:08 AM

Who is that, R128?

by Anonymousreply 129August 16, 2017 7:12 AM

Jakob Chychrun, Defenseman, Arizona Coyotes

Here's another younger player whose among the smarter Euros-Swede William Nylander

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130August 16, 2017 7:17 AM

Trying that again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 16, 2017 7:18 AM

George W. Bush.

Dan Quayle one said he wanted to learn Latin so he could converse in Latin America.

Ronald Ronald.

by Anonymousreply 132August 16, 2017 7:29 AM

Thanks, R130.

by Anonymousreply 133August 16, 2017 7:32 AM

Thanks to R112

Whoopi On Roman Polanski: It Wasn't 'Rape-Rape'

What a stupid woman is she! Unbelievable!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 16, 2017 7:33 AM

truth---beyonce is basically illiterate. fact.

tracy morgan may not be an actual moron but other than i am brian fellows he sucks. annoying loud and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 135August 16, 2017 7:34 AM

Beyoncé and Katy Perry.

by Anonymousreply 136August 16, 2017 7:34 AM

Avril Lavigne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137August 16, 2017 7:34 AM

OMG she defended serial rapist Bill Cosby too and blamed the victims

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138August 16, 2017 7:37 AM

Hillary. It's takes someone pretty stupid to lose like she did.

by Anonymousreply 139August 16, 2017 7:39 AM

Wim Wenders is really profoundly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 140August 16, 2017 7:46 AM

Kristen Stewart. How did she not come up sooner?

by Anonymousreply 141August 16, 2017 7:46 AM

^She's not stupid she's just a little weird.

by Anonymousreply 142August 16, 2017 7:48 AM

^ She told David Letterman she wanted to travel from London to Moscow by car. OF COURSE she's stupid.

by Anonymousreply 143August 16, 2017 7:50 AM

It takes someone pretty stupid to write what you wrote, R139.

by Anonymousreply 144August 16, 2017 7:52 AM

Fantasia, the one from American idol, she said she couldn't read

by Anonymousreply 145August 16, 2017 7:52 AM

[quote] She told David Letterman she wanted to travel from London to Moscow by car. OF COURSE she's stupid.

It's difficult but possible. She'd have to stow her car while she rides the train in the Chunnel.

by Anonymousreply 146August 16, 2017 7:53 AM

Instagram is replete with empty-headed himbos splattering their shirtless selfies with self-aggrandising bollocks that even Hallmark wouldn't stoop to. RM fits in well there.

by Anonymousreply 147August 16, 2017 8:00 AM

[quote]Instagram is replete with empty-headed himbos splattering their shirtless selfies with self-aggrandising bollocks that even Hallmark wouldn't stoop to. RM fits in well there.

Who or what is RM?

by Anonymousreply 148August 16, 2017 8:24 AM

Jessica Simpson is stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 16, 2017 8:26 AM

Mark Ruffalo. I like his acting and admire his activism but his tweets reveal someone who thinks more with his heart rather than his head and he often states the obvious. Goop. No brain surgeon she.

by Anonymousreply 150August 16, 2017 8:37 AM

R 150 his tweets reveal someone who thinks more with his heart rather than his head and he often states the obvious.

Agree. a good man at heart but very naive

by Anonymousreply 151August 16, 2017 8:39 AM

Did they really say that? Dumb football quotes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152August 16, 2017 8:51 AM

Keanu has never struck me as dumb, as odd as that sounds. I believe he's actually quite intelligent, but doesn't always know how to make himself understood because his mind works in a slightly different way.

by Anonymousreply 153August 16, 2017 9:11 AM

The rotating membership of Menudo was a meal ticket out of poverty for kids. There were no opportunities - so sure, parents shoved their kids to the shady pedophiles and said here you go. Gave up their parental rights so the kid had a chance. Shady biz people had kids to manipulate, threaten with being sent home, and part your butt cheeks. I think the Menudo children were looked at as cash cows, and education was never a priority. All their waking hours were spent rehearsing, performing, and travelling. I wish I could recall where I'd read that article. It was quite extensive. It explained a lot of background on how Ricky Martin grew up.

by Anonymousreply 154August 16, 2017 9:41 AM

Most pro hockey players are dumb as bricks. If they have potential, they're passed around the system to be sort-of raised by billets. Their parents have to have enough money to buy/pay for all that shit, so they don't seem to particularly care that the kid's gone, it's bragging rights. Theres little to no emphasis on life skills in their formative years. Billets feed them and drive them. Parents send money. If they get far enough, there's some training on wearing a suit and how to get an agent. I've never heard any of them talk about reading a book. Can they tell if someone has given them the right change? Doubtful. Can they comprehend their pay stubs? Doubtful.

by Anonymousreply 155August 16, 2017 9:51 AM

"I'm a meathead. I can't help it, man. You've got smart people and you've got dumb people." - Keanu Reeves

by Anonymousreply 156August 16, 2017 9:54 AM

[quote]Keanu has never struck me as dumb, as odd as that sounds. I believe he's actually quite intelligent, but doesn't always know how to make himself understood because his mind works in a slightly different way.

I agree, except that I think Keanu thinks talking to the press is beneath him as an “Actor” and he doesn’t take ANY interview seriously, so he fucks around.

Actually, there are several people listed here that I think this applies to.

by Anonymousreply 157August 16, 2017 11:33 AM

R140, why is Wenders stupid? Just curious, as I love his black and white films pre - "Paris,Texas".

by Anonymousreply 158August 16, 2017 4:38 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 159August 16, 2017 11:15 PM

"Well, I don't not not like you."

by Anonymousreply 160August 17, 2017 1:35 AM

“My moms home made Chicken Sue flay. Super delicious and yummy!’’ - Rob Gronkowski tweet

by Anonymousreply 161August 17, 2017 4:42 AM

[quote]Tracy improvises very quickly on stage and during interviews he comes across as witty so I don't consider him dumb like Leslie

I also thought Tracy was better sketch performer than Leslie.

by Anonymousreply 162August 17, 2017 5:12 AM

anyone who can see russia from their house......

by Anonymousreply 163August 17, 2017 5:54 AM

[quote]Whitney was a drug addict but she was not stupid.

She was very stupid, she was completely brainwashed by her mother, her stupid adherence to religion stood in the way of her getting sober. I absolutely loved her as a singer but she was totally cringe worthy in interviews. Angry, offensive and arrogant.

by Anonymousreply 164August 17, 2017 5:55 AM

LOL, R163!

by Anonymousreply 165August 17, 2017 5:55 AM

I suspect that Hoffman is smarter than R4. If his ancestors left Kiev before 1917, it was Kiev, Russia....or Kiev, Russian Empire to be technically correct.

by Anonymousreply 166August 17, 2017 6:46 AM

Ashlee Simpson is the only one that I can think of that is undoubtedly below average intelligence. It takes some smarts to remember lines, lyrics, cues, etc. so celebrities need it to be successful.

by Anonymousreply 167August 17, 2017 6:49 AM

Mark Ruffalo. Hot daddy but just so fucking dumb. He's kind and generous, though. ♡

by Anonymousreply 168August 17, 2017 6:51 AM

Most.

by Anonymousreply 169August 17, 2017 7:29 AM

Matt Dillon. D-uhhhh face.

by Anonymousreply 170August 17, 2017 7:31 AM

Johnny Depp, Cameron Diaz, Kate Hudson, Kate Moss

by Anonymousreply 171August 17, 2017 8:29 AM

Lady Patrick Harris: David Burtka.

by Anonymousreply 172August 17, 2017 8:38 AM

R168 Mark Ruffalo is like a dumb labrador! I love him!

by Anonymousreply 173August 17, 2017 11:00 AM

[quote]Leslie Jones [quote]—Dumbest SNL cast member of all time

I would give that title to Victoria Jackson. But, Leslie Jones doesn't seem all that bright either. Her SNL co-stars Cecily Strong, Aidy Bryant, and Kate McKinnon come off as intelligent in interviews compared to Leslie.

by Anonymousreply 174August 17, 2017 4:41 PM

If you Google "dumb cunt," Victoria Jackson is the first item on page 1.

by Anonymousreply 175August 17, 2017 4:43 PM

Mark Ruffalo should be blacklisted. First for trying to emasculate Matt Bomer, the second for supporting a racist terrorist loving white gentile hetero bitch.

by Anonymousreply 176August 17, 2017 4:50 PM

[quote] First for trying to emasculate Matt Bomer

How did he try to do that?

I don't like the fact that he uses "woke".

by Anonymousreply 177August 17, 2017 5:07 PM

[quote]How did he try to do that?

By turning him tranny in a recent movie.

by Anonymousreply 178August 17, 2017 5:11 PM

I agree upthread, Whitney Houston was stupid, and even dumber than Bobby Brown.

John Travolta is a moron.

Goldie Hawn and also her daughter Kate Hudson. Driven, financially savvy (and sleezy) is where it begins and ends, otherwise BOTH are dumb as hell.

by Anonymousreply 179August 17, 2017 5:57 PM

the current Moron-in-Chief wins this thread

by Anonymousreply 180August 17, 2017 5:59 PM

[quote] I agree upthread, Whitney Houston was stupid, and even dumber than Bobby Brown.

If your mother was a homophobic bitch like Cissy Houston, what would you do?

by Anonymousreply 181August 17, 2017 6:00 PM

^ I sympathize with those raised by nut cases and abusers but there comes a time when you can't blame everything on your childhood.

by Anonymousreply 182August 17, 2017 6:21 PM

R182 i agree..... other than in extremely fucked up cases......you have to make the choice to let all that shit go and live your own life..

the past does not go away because we keep feeding the motherfucker memories. when drugs/alcohol are in the mix, good luck...

by Anonymousreply 183August 17, 2017 7:41 PM

^ I agree too. I am very sensitive to adults who came from dysfunctional homes and had awful childhoods and I get that adults who were abused as children can't forget about something as horrific as that and dismiss it as if nothing happened. So I would never say "Get over it".

But using their abusive childhood as an excuse for being stupid and making one idiotic dumb choice after another and for not bettering themselves, or for not being a good, kind, decent person is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 184August 17, 2017 7:57 PM

Anyone who says James Woods makes themselves look stupid. He's highly intelligent and it shows on film. I make other actors study him for how to deliver long speeches with the intensity that shows he understands every word of them he is saying. He is amazing. One of the best alive. And no dummy.

by Anonymousreply 185August 17, 2017 8:10 PM

r185 He's a frothing at the mouth pervert uncle figure.

by Anonymousreply 186August 17, 2017 8:13 PM

And one of the greatest actors who ever practiced the craft. Can't take that away from him.

by Anonymousreply 187August 17, 2017 8:17 PM

Steve Harvey

by Anonymousreply 188August 17, 2017 8:21 PM

[quote] Ex-Miss Universe

He's pretty damned ugly to be an ex Miss Universe.

by Anonymousreply 189August 17, 2017 8:23 PM

Some of these people named are more eccentric rather than lacking sufficient intellect. Some also are very guarded about what they say in interviews.

A lot of actors and athletes are well-educated. Some being labeled as dumb have been quite smart in earning money and choosing the right investments

That said, there are a lot of dumb ones in the NFL, NBA, etc. Agree also, plenty of entertainers can be quite stupid in terms of general knowledge and decision-making.

by Anonymousreply 190August 17, 2017 8:37 PM

It would not be appropriate to invite any of the Kardashians to a seminar discussing the philosophical views of Saint Thomas Aquinas.

by Anonymousreply 191August 17, 2017 8:43 PM

Rosie

by Anonymousreply 192August 17, 2017 9:20 PM

Moron-In-Chief wins. And now it's a country led by stupid. Lucky it's not almost an entire continent!

by Anonymousreply 193August 17, 2017 9:24 PM

Bush

by Anonymousreply 194August 17, 2017 9:27 PM

Awww.. Channing Tatum doesn't think he's smart

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195August 17, 2017 9:31 PM

I think I read somewhere Beyonce barely does interviews so people don't look too closely at what she says.

by Anonymousreply 196August 17, 2017 9:37 PM

I used to drool over January Jones as Betty Draper in Mad Men. Then I saw her interviewed. That was it for me. Dumb as dirt.

by Anonymousreply 197August 17, 2017 9:45 PM

Not hard to believe R196. Beyonce is fucking stupid. And ignorant too. She's also a very poor role model for today's teens and young women.

by Anonymousreply 198August 17, 2017 9:47 PM

Naomi Campbell. Dumb as dog shit.

by Anonymousreply 199August 17, 2017 9:50 PM

I taught, decades ago, in special education, a football player who later went to a prestigious University and then had a distinguished NFL career. He's recognizable and broke some rushing records.

In high school, his reading skills were at a fourth grade level at best. He could not consistently write complete sentences, let alone a coherent paragraph.

Of course, I will not mention his name.

by Anonymousreply 200August 17, 2017 9:52 PM

R200 that is not unusual unfortunately

by Anonymousreply 201August 17, 2017 9:55 PM

Nick Cage

Vin Diesel

Jason Statham

Priyanka Chopra

Aishwarya Rai

Salma Hayek

Brad Pitt

Zac Efron

Hemsworth Bear Bros

Will Smith

Adam Levine

Blake Shelton

by Anonymousreply 202August 17, 2017 11:37 PM

Owen Jones. Oxford educated, but has absolutely no common sense. He also barebacks and and has taken more loads than Dawson, so IMO that doesn't make him very smart at all.

by Anonymousreply 203August 17, 2017 11:49 PM

Angela Lansbury is a barely functional moron. She is a terrible drunk, the mosted hated person in American theater for her viciousness and crude remarks. She can neither read nor write.

by Anonymousreply 204August 17, 2017 11:56 PM

Ashley Judd, Shia Labeouf, Gwyneth Paltrow

by Anonymousreply 205August 18, 2017 12:09 AM

My friend knows one of Joe Pesci's former stunt guys who also filled in for Quentin Tarantino as a stunt-double a few times and from what I heard they are not too bright, aside from being difficult to work with.

by Anonymousreply 206August 18, 2017 12:10 AM

I don't have a problem with stupid people who know they are stupid. I have a problem with stupid people who think they are smart. Big difference.

by Anonymousreply 207August 18, 2017 1:33 AM

^ That's why I have a problem with Trump supporters. They don't know they are stupid and think they are smart.

And because they are stupid people who are too stupid to know they aren't smart they think they are smart, and that's why they are being deceived and conned by one of the greatest scam artists who knows they are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 208August 18, 2017 1:50 AM

I know it has been said, but most people in the entertainment industry aren't especially intelligent. Of course they don't need to be, so they are in the right industry. It is part of the reason why handlers are so important.

by Anonymousreply 209August 18, 2017 2:27 AM

[quote]I don't have a problem with stupid people who know they are stupid. I have a problem with stupid people who think they are smart. Big difference.

Very true. The problem is we have this weird stigma where no one is dumb. Look at the reaction to Channing Tatum admitting he isn't intelligent posted above, people are freaking out about him being "so hard on himself".

No, he just is being honest rather than bullshitting. A lot of people aren't especially bright, that is okay, it isn't an insult.

by Anonymousreply 210August 18, 2017 2:33 AM

All the guys from Teen Wolf combined don't exceed a double digit IQ.

by Anonymousreply 211August 18, 2017 6:00 AM

Woody Harrelson does not seem intelligent to me. He talks a lot about health, but seems to not be that educated. I grew up in a farming area, and it makes me cringe when people talk about "chemicals" in food and "GMOs". If he looked at the peer-reviewed studies regarding GMOs, he would realise that being afraid of them is similar to being afraid of vaccines. He might also be surprised to learn that everything we eat has chemicals in it....

It also makes me cringe when actors talk about psychology, particularly old actors who only remember stereotypical American Freudian psychology from the 1960s (I'm talking about Woody Allen). I've studied psychology and it astonishes me that Americans still un-ironically believe in psychoanalysis. When I hear the words: neuroses, catharsis, subconscious, superego or repression, I get shivers.

Tom Cruise is also in the same boat for believing that psychologists are out to get you. He belongs with my mother who opposes psychology in all forms because her mother abused tricyclic antidepressants in the 1970s.

If you're not educated in a field, that's fine. Not everyone knows everything, but for God's sake... if you don't know how to be scientifically literate, then don't act like a teacher of science! If you can't read/interpret/understand scientific articles, then DON'T quote them as fact!

by Anonymousreply 212August 18, 2017 6:48 AM

[quote]Beyonce is fucking stupid. And ignorant too. She's also a very poor role model for today's teens and young women.

I can't believe Michelle Obama thought she was a good role model for young girls. The more I know about the Obamas the less I like them.

by Anonymousreply 213August 18, 2017 8:52 AM

Justin Trudeau

by Anonymousreply 214August 18, 2017 4:17 PM

Kelly Pickler

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215August 18, 2017 4:39 PM

----

by Anonymousreply 216August 18, 2017 5:29 PM

R211 Agree

by Anonymousreply 217August 18, 2017 7:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218August 18, 2017 7:38 PM

Shakil O'Neal

by Anonymousreply 219August 18, 2017 7:39 PM

Usher

by Anonymousreply 220August 18, 2017 7:40 PM

[quote]All the guys from Teen Wolf combined don't exceed a double digit IQ.

You think I want smart actors for Teen Wolf? This cast defines young, dumb and full of cum.

by Anonymousreply 221August 18, 2017 7:44 PM

Mike Tyson

by Anonymousreply 222August 18, 2017 7:46 PM

[quote] Shakil O'Neal

?

by Anonymousreply 223August 18, 2017 7:48 PM

After reading this thread, I should have asked whether you think there are any intelligent famous people.

by Anonymousreply 224August 18, 2017 7:49 PM

R223 Sorry *Shaquille

by Anonymousreply 225August 18, 2017 7:51 PM

Madonna is pretty dumb.

by Anonymousreply 226August 18, 2017 7:52 PM

^ Yes, I think she's a stupid kind of crazy.

by Anonymousreply 227August 18, 2017 8:55 PM

Lisa Marie Presley

by Anonymousreply 228August 18, 2017 9:49 PM

r203 = Tony Blair.

by Anonymousreply 229August 18, 2017 10:10 PM

THIS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230August 18, 2017 10:17 PM

Most celebs are stupid. Most children of celebs are even more stupid than their parents.

by Anonymousreply 231August 18, 2017 10:33 PM

R231 True. At least the actor parents have some business accumen to grab maximum money for their roles (the stars at least). The kids have their whole lives handed to them.

Op, I think Bono and The Edge of U2 are smart. Edge is really cerebral and calm. Not to derail this thread...

by Anonymousreply 232August 18, 2017 10:36 PM

Pope Frankie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233August 19, 2017 7:32 PM

Katy Perry has always seemed borderline retarded to me and I actually feel really bad for her.

by Anonymousreply 234August 19, 2017 9:46 PM

r27 I laughed hard but when I googled the quote, I saw your meme hid a part of it which makes her argument significantly less dumb.

In bold is the part it edited out:

[quote] People go to college to find who they are as a person [bold]and find what they want to do in life

by Anonymousreply 235August 19, 2017 10:51 PM

Michael Fassbender admitted in an interview that he didn't consider himself intellectual (doesn't read much apparently), but I have a hard time believing that you make it as an A-list actor without being shrewd and intelligent. I remember reading the same thing about pro-athletes - they may lack formal education, but you don't get to the top of your profession without being a smart person.

by Anonymousreply 236August 19, 2017 11:05 PM

Henry Cavill. Dumber than a fence post.

by Anonymousreply 237August 21, 2017 4:56 AM

Sure, some celebrities are stupid, but not more or less than some of the posters here. Especially these jumping on Whoopi Goldberg. Yes, I have watched the attached videos and she makes more sense than any of her DL critics.

by Anonymousreply 238August 21, 2017 7:45 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 239August 21, 2017 9:07 AM

Lena Dunham

by Anonymousreply 240August 21, 2017 1:06 PM

most of them are dumb as fuck and very superficial and shallow and it's always "me,me,me..."

lots of NBA players are stupid according to Jeremy Lin, who went to harvard, he said it in a nice way of course...

by Anonymousreply 241August 21, 2017 3:06 PM

Zhou-stin Trudeau.

by Anonymousreply 242August 21, 2017 3:23 PM

Harrison Ford owns this thread. What a dummy!

by Anonymousreply 243August 21, 2017 3:52 PM

Wolf Blitzer

by Anonymousreply 244August 21, 2017 3:53 PM

Gone but not forgotten - Princess Di. Dropped out of school at sixteen, spent her days reading fan magazines and taking advice from friends such as Elton John.

by Anonymousreply 245August 21, 2017 3:56 PM

^Prince William as well. Harry is charming but not bright. They got their mom's low intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 246August 21, 2017 4:32 PM

Oprah Winfrey despite being educated.

by Anonymousreply 247August 21, 2017 4:34 PM

Gwyneth of course but if you take a look Blythe Danner is an absolute moron. If you're gonna lie make sure it can't be called out in today's world by researching. Everything she says is a lie. I mean, everything.

by Anonymousreply 248August 21, 2017 4:39 PM

Someone above said Chelsea Handler but she's actually exceptionally bright. Witty and quick on her feet in Girls Behaving Badly.

by Anonymousreply 249August 21, 2017 4:41 PM

I know she's a hopeless alcoholic but Julia Roberts talks in circles and makes no sense in serious sit down interviews.

by Anonymousreply 250August 21, 2017 4:43 PM

Helen Mirren, while a great actress, especially in The Queen, lacks emotional intelligence and has the inability to logically close a sentence. Her point A and point B never conclude to point C.

by Anonymousreply 251August 21, 2017 4:46 PM

On the extras of the Blonde and Blonder DVD they interview Pam Anderson and Denise Richards. Pam can't even put together a coherent sentence but, contrary to expectation, Denise actually comes across as well spoken.

by Anonymousreply 252August 21, 2017 4:47 PM

Jada Pinkett Smith and husband Will. I laughed so hard when Howard Stern and Robin picked apart their interview following their son working on Karate Kid.

Years ago he did a rip on Rebecca Romaine, the one that was married to another moron, Stamos.

by Anonymousreply 253August 21, 2017 4:49 PM

R249, you beat me to it. I agree: Handler is very intelligent.

Laurie Anderson never struck me as all that bright ... "out there", yes, but no great intellect

by Anonymousreply 254August 21, 2017 5:00 PM

Morrissey

by Anonymousreply 255August 21, 2017 5:59 PM

Wow, 255 replies in with no mention of Scott Baio. Maybe if he were a little more famous he could've been lampooned on SNL's "Celebrity Jeopardy!"

by Anonymousreply 256August 21, 2017 6:31 PM

Jennifer Lawrence. She did a reading of The Big Lebowski a few years back and couldn't pronounce the word "vaginal." Almost always has a glazed over expression in her eyes. Generally inarticulate.

Michael Fassbender did an Oscars roundtable with Viola Davis in which she talked about the lack of opportunity for women in color in mainstream Hollywood. Fassbender, looking genuinely surprised, asked if it could still really be the case that African Americans were being discriminated against in Hollywood in this day and age.

Viola also made a comment about "looking the way I do, I know I'm not going to be considered for certain roles," and Charlize Theron responded with, "You need to stop saying that! You're hot as shit." She came across as very shallow and not understanding of the real points VD was making regarding colorism, ageism, etc.

by Anonymousreply 257August 21, 2017 6:54 PM

256, thank you. But in Scott's case it is a given. We're supposed to wonder about your entry. He's dumb in a Goomba Brooklyn way. Makes Tony Danza look like Ed Witten.

by Anonymousreply 258August 21, 2017 7:52 PM

I find Adam Sandler very immature. Not sure if he's a dumbo though. Or as DL would say Dumbeaux.

by Anonymousreply 259August 21, 2017 7:54 PM

Megan Fox, Sienna Miller, Justin Timberlake.

by Anonymousreply 260August 21, 2017 8:51 PM

How the hell did Datalounge miss this??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261August 26, 2017 5:33 AM

R238 is as stupid as Whoopi Goldberg.

by Anonymousreply 262August 26, 2017 6:38 AM

Sherri Shepherd

by Anonymousreply 263August 26, 2017 6:51 AM

Henry Cavill

Chris Evans

Stephen Amell

Aaron Rodgers- May be a great athlete,but seems unable to communicate in anything but "jock speak".

by Anonymousreply 264August 26, 2017 6:56 AM

David Hasselhoff, Shia Labeouf

by Anonymousreply 265August 26, 2017 6:58 AM

I was under the impression Prince William was an honours student in school. Prince Harry struggled in school, did he not? I seem to recall he had actually failed a year after his mother died. He never seemed to have academic skills, hence joining the military to become an instant officer given his heritage.

by Anonymousreply 266August 26, 2017 7:03 AM

My friends had the displeasure of meeting the 'Hoff backstage once. He was very shout-y and very drunk. Has he ever had a day without his addictions?

by Anonymousreply 267August 26, 2017 7:06 AM

S Sarandon

by Anonymousreply 268August 26, 2017 8:57 AM

[quote]Denise actually comes across as well spoken.

Shockingly well spoken.

by Anonymousreply 269August 26, 2017 9:02 AM

[quote]My friend knows one of Joe Pesci's former stunt guys who also filled in for Quentin Tarantino as a stunt-double a few times and from what I heard they are not too bright, aside from being difficult to work with.

I don’t know about Pesci, but Tarantino is pretty smart, actually.

by Anonymousreply 270August 26, 2017 9:05 AM

Almost 300 replies and here's the first Jose Canseco.

by Anonymousreply 271August 26, 2017 9:34 AM

Joe Piscopo

by Anonymousreply 272August 26, 2017 10:00 AM

[quote] Aaron Rodgers- May be a great athlete,but seems unable to communicate in anything but "jock speak".

No poetry?

by Anonymousreply 273August 26, 2017 10:09 AM

[quote]She told David Letterman she wanted to travel from London to Moscow by car. OF COURSE she's stupid.

I've driven from the north of England to close to the Lithuanian border in NE Poland. Look at the motorways in the UK; full of lorries from Bulgaria, Rumania, Slovakia, Poland and the occasional one from Estonia and Ukraine.

Perhaps you come from somewhere where tunnels and ferries have yet to be discovered.

by Anonymousreply 274August 26, 2017 7:05 PM

Kylie Minogue is apparently not very bright but at least she seems to be smart enough to know when to take advice whether career moves, styling or investment of her cash. Also enjoys fame a little too much, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 275August 27, 2017 12:38 AM

Is this a weird American thing where using a ferry to cross a sea is considered DRIVING?

by Anonymousreply 276August 27, 2017 12:54 AM

It would be easier to name celebrities that are not totally dumb.

by Anonymousreply 277August 27, 2017 1:04 AM

Easy.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278August 27, 2017 1:12 AM

R275 Kylie had the same manager, Terry Blamey, from 1987 til 2013. She trusts him completely, he always looked after her best interest and is a shrewd operator.

She's also close to her family, her parents are sensible and down to earth.

by Anonymousreply 279August 27, 2017 1:15 AM

This is for people who think James Woods is smart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280August 30, 2017 7:07 PM

Tom Selleck

by Anonymousreply 281August 30, 2017 8:57 PM

Stephen Fry.

I've heard him say the stupidest things in interviews. Dense.

by Anonymousreply 282August 30, 2017 10:19 PM

Tarantino not smart? Are you kidding? His IQ tests as a child were off the charts 160 apparently according to his mother. Same as Einstein.

Joaquin Phoenix on the other has the intelligence of the character he played in Parenthood. I can't imagine what he talks about with Rooney Mara, an educated and cultivated girl from a renowned royal American family. Probably veganism 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 283August 31, 2017 2:10 AM

[quote]Aaron Rodgers- May be a great athlete,but seems unable to communicate in anything but "jock speak".

Well that's just bullshit. He is a smart guy.

by Anonymousreply 284September 1, 2017 4:57 AM

Kyrie Irving, NBA player who went to a top university, thought the earth was flat!

Sherrie from The View is another who is dim...

by Anonymousreply 285September 1, 2017 6:36 AM

I'll go out on a limb and guess that a good 75% of actors/directors/show biz types are various degrees of vapid and stupid.

And, that's being kind.

by Anonymousreply 286September 1, 2017 6:48 AM

Gayle King -she's okay, though. Garth Brooks -annoying Andie Macdowell -maybe that's just how she talks. Neil Degrasse Tyson -pop-science pseudo-smartie. Smart like CBS's The Big Bang Theory was smart.

by Anonymousreply 287September 1, 2017 7:10 AM

[quote]Is this a weird American thing where using a ferry to cross a sea is considered DRIVING? —Otherwise r274 is an imbecile.[/quote]

Are you being a troll, R276 or does a lack of basic knowledge about the world come naturally to you?

There is a channel tunnel from England to France. People [bold]drive[/bold] underneath the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 288September 19, 2017 3:14 PM

Streep!!

by Anonymousreply 289January 10, 2018 7:53 PM

Roseanne Barr, obviously

by Anonymousreply 290January 10, 2018 8:00 PM

Paul Walker was dumb as a box of rocks.

Kirsten Dunst is about as sharp as a marble.

by Anonymousreply 291January 10, 2018 8:14 PM

Mike Tyson.

by Anonymousreply 292January 10, 2018 8:50 PM

Jenny McCarthy

by Anonymousreply 293January 10, 2018 9:04 PM

Meryl Sheep

by Anonymousreply 294January 10, 2018 10:00 PM

Jennifer Lawrence = White Trash

by Anonymousreply 295January 10, 2018 10:05 PM

Britney, bless her.

And I think Scarlett Johansson fancies herself to be a lot smarter than she actually is.

by Anonymousreply 296January 10, 2018 10:26 PM

Alana Stewart- Just look at her social media accounts .

by Anonymousreply 297January 11, 2018 3:34 AM

[quote]I would give that title to Victoria Jackson. But, Leslie Jones doesn't seem all that bright either. Her SNL co-stars Cecily Strong, Aidy Bryant, and Kate McKinnon come off as intelligent in interviews compared to Leslie.

Victoria Jackson and Leslie Jones both seem pretty stupid. But, each of them played up certain personas for SNL. Victoria played up the dumb blonde angle and Leslie does her horny or angry black woman routine.

I have watched interviews that most of the current or recent SNL cast has done and most of them seem quite intelligent. Kate McKinnon went to an Ivy League school and so did former cast member Vanessa Bayer. Bayer had some kind of career in advertising prior to ending up on SNL.

by Anonymousreply 298January 11, 2018 8:52 PM

Asia Argento.

by Anonymousreply 299August 20, 2018 9:47 PM

George W. Bush, Donald Trump, Paul Ryan and Mike Pence. 100 at very best but I could guess lower.

by Anonymousreply 300August 21, 2018 12:32 AM

Debra Messing.

by Anonymousreply 301October 5, 2018 8:10 PM

George W. Bush (and Dan Quayle)

Madonna (discipline & hard-working, but not that smart)

Keanu Reeves.

Brad Pitt.

Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 302October 5, 2018 8:59 PM

and Kanye West.

by Anonymousreply 303October 5, 2018 9:02 PM

Mike Pence looks very stupid. There's something about the blank look in his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 304October 5, 2018 9:16 PM

There’s a big difference between being smart, and being uneducated.

A person who has above average intelligence has the ability to learn and become self taught, an auto-didactic. There are notable persons who either did not complete university, or didn’t attend at all, who have been enormously successful without a formal education.

Now, a genuinely unintelligent person cannot easily learn. I’m not discussing learning disabilities, such as dyslexia, or personality disorders. I’m referring to persons with below average intelligence.

The majority of persons with below average intelligence do not usually end up with successful careers in any industry. There are exceptions, obviously, but most do not have the opportunities or skill set to make it, especially in a cut throat industry such as the entertainment industry.

by Anonymousreply 305October 5, 2018 9:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!