Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Blind Gossip Blind Item: Legend Has AIDS

Some shocking news that hurt our heart – and it’s about a legendary African-American celebrity.

According to our snitch, the female celeb, who is seen as a legend in this country, contracted HIV from a male partner back in the 1980s and has been on medication.

Well the snitch says that the medication is no longer working, and she now has full blown AIDS.

When she dies, and that could happen shortly, the cause of death will be a “rare cancer.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455August 16, 2018 4:56 PM

Oprah

by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2017 7:22 PM

Aretha Franklin is the most popular guess at the source :(

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2017 7:22 PM

The common guess here is Aretha Franklin, which would indeed suck.

by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2017 7:23 PM

More bull shit.

NEXT.

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2017 7:23 PM

Aretha... oh no!

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2017 7:25 PM

What's mediatakeouts record on blinds, have any been confirmed?

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2017 7:39 PM

Aretha's lost a tremendous amount of weight in recent years (the "after" pic is a few years old. She's told the public she's dealing with Type 2 diabetes. I hope it's not AIDs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2017 7:44 PM

Aretha? She's lost a LOT of weight recently.

Also, the drugs stopped working? I thought the drugs were miraculous.

by Anonymousreply 8August 11, 2017 7:44 PM

Is it Woopi Goldberg?

by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2017 7:44 PM

R9 that was my thought. Maybe Ted Danson gave her Aids

by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2017 7:45 PM

Halle Berry

by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2017 7:45 PM

I thought Aretha had weight-loss surgery.

by Anonymousreply 12August 11, 2017 7:45 PM

Aretha swelled up like a house in the late 90's. AIDS or its medication does not make you gain weight.

by Anonymousreply 13August 11, 2017 7:46 PM

Hopefully John Legend & his cunt wife, Chrissy Teigen.

by Anonymousreply 14August 11, 2017 7:47 PM

I thought the current HIV meds if taken properly kept AIDS pretty much at bay for life - ? Why would they suddenly fail.

by Anonymousreply 15August 11, 2017 7:49 PM

Lmao

by Anonymousreply 16August 11, 2017 7:49 PM

Aretha. And I hope she didn't get it from Glynn Turman's skinny ugly ass!

by Anonymousreply 17August 11, 2017 7:50 PM

Miss Ross.

by Anonymousreply 18August 11, 2017 7:51 PM

Tina Turner.

by Anonymousreply 19August 11, 2017 7:51 PM

R19 Tina fits!!!

by Anonymousreply 20August 11, 2017 7:53 PM

HIV meds fail to work with some people. Nobody really knows why.

by Anonymousreply 21August 11, 2017 7:54 PM

MTO lies about quite a bit, but they did get Prince's death right.

by Anonymousreply 22August 11, 2017 7:54 PM

I can see Tina sleeping around in the 80's way more than I can see Retha.

by Anonymousreply 23August 11, 2017 7:54 PM

From Foxnyc.com-

Last week, I was getting text about Tina Turner’s health. There was one tweet that suggested the legend had suffered a stroke at her home in Switzerland. Let’s just shut down the rumors. Tina Turner is just fine and doing great and according to sources, she is recovering from a bout of the flu, and living life, “Like It’s GOLDEN.”

Turner, who wed longtime boyfriend Erwin Bach last year, has been keeping a low profile in her adopted Switzerland since retiring in 2009.

by Anonymousreply 24August 11, 2017 7:55 PM

R23 me too!

by Anonymousreply 25August 11, 2017 7:55 PM

That makes no sense...good aids cocktail did not come about till 2000 or so, if she had contacted it in 80s, she would not be alive to tell about it, certainly not overweight like she was. That is a silly sounding blind item.

by Anonymousreply 26August 11, 2017 7:55 PM

oh no Tina, "the flu"

by Anonymousreply 27August 11, 2017 7:56 PM

Aretha. When she first lost weight the tabs were saying insiders told them it was pancreatic or stomach cancer. Her people have been floating cancer to the tabs again for her huge recent weight loss. I found it surprising she has not had any facial PS to tighten the skin, but HIV would preclude elective surgery. Some might say age, but women have it up to their 80s. My mom did.

by Anonymousreply 28August 11, 2017 7:57 PM

r26 HIV can stay dorment for up to 10 years after infection. It's possible she became aware in the late 90's

by Anonymousreply 29August 11, 2017 7:58 PM

[quote]I can see Tina sleeping around in the 80's way more than I can see Retha.

It's not about sleeping around. All it takes is one time.

by Anonymousreply 30August 11, 2017 7:59 PM

Good grief I am sure Aritha has diabetes, she probably had to lose or die, how old is she?

Maybe the BI could be about Tina, she certainly is a beloved legend.

by Anonymousreply 31August 11, 2017 8:00 PM

Chaka Khan. She's the Queen of Funk. ... Aaliyah. She left behind quite the legacy. ... Dionne Warwick. ... Toni Braxton. ... Alicia Keys. ... Mary J. Blige. ... Beyoncé ... Rihanna.

by Anonymousreply 32August 11, 2017 8:00 PM

Diana Ross

by Anonymousreply 33August 11, 2017 8:02 PM

Dionne Warwick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 11, 2017 8:03 PM

Carol Channing

by Anonymousreply 35August 11, 2017 8:04 PM

R23 who said anything about sleeping around?

Fyi, you can be completely monogamous and get infected by your partner.

by Anonymousreply 36August 11, 2017 8:07 PM

Aretha needed to lose weight decades ago and didn't despite diabetes. Everyone was shocked when she lost all that weight. And those drugs aren't going to make everyone immortal! She is older and has other health problems. It could be Tina, but the tab rumours have been that she drinks too much and may be suffering from age related memory loss. The tabs had some pics of here outside restaurants pretty sloshed. I would hope if it was her and the drugs weren't working she wouldn't drink like that. Sad whoever it is.

by Anonymousreply 37August 11, 2017 8:08 PM

[quote][R23] who said anything about sleeping around? Fyi, you can be completely monogamous and get infected by your partner.

That means your partner was sleeping around.

by Anonymousreply 38August 11, 2017 8:09 PM

True R38, but it does not make you the slut,

by Anonymousreply 39August 11, 2017 8:10 PM

A German website published an article on Monday (26 May) claiming that the 74-year-old singer is currently recovering in hospital following a crippling health scare" “She had a mild stroke, but is well on the road to recovery,” they quoted Albert B. Cologne, who they claimed was Turner’s driver, as saying. “Tina had to cancel her holiday (in Austria) to recover, (but) she has already managed a smile for her partner Erwin Bach.” A spokesperson for the “Private Dancer” singer has since dismissed the story as inaccurate, saying: “The fact is that Tina

by Anonymousreply 40August 11, 2017 8:11 PM

These blind items are always so stupid, they only get the "scoop" after the pic of Aretha looking slim, then all of a sudden they know what is going on? Saying she has cancer is a decent educated guess, as she is obviously someone who has a hard time losing weight. Saying it's AIDS is stupid, and doesn't really make sense to me. Why couldn't they get this "scoop" long before the pic of her? They always do this with every celeb, and of course people will believe anything.

by Anonymousreply 41August 11, 2017 8:12 PM

I can see Aretha sleeping with guys on the DL or guys hiding a drug habit more than Tina. I also think Tina would be more careful with protection. And this is sad but the reality is that Tina was never desperate in the 80s for male companionship and certainly had a much better pool to choose from than Aretha. Aretha just seems like she would have been more desperate to find love and make bad choices. Tina had already been through that.

by Anonymousreply 42August 11, 2017 8:14 PM

Just a thought. It says African American. Would they still use that for Tina who is now Swiss?

by Anonymousreply 43August 11, 2017 8:16 PM

Poor Diane.

by Anonymousreply 44August 11, 2017 8:16 PM

r43 Tina is an African american

by Anonymousreply 45August 11, 2017 8:17 PM

Could it possibly be Gladys Knight?

by Anonymousreply 46August 11, 2017 8:18 PM

Ross was part of the heavy Studio54 drugs and sex crowd and she did just move West. If the BI were about a non-AA, we could agree it's Liza.

by Anonymousreply 47August 11, 2017 8:18 PM

Well Tina gave up her US citizenship years ago so she does not cont as an American to me!

by Anonymousreply 48August 11, 2017 8:20 PM

There isn't just one HIV medication. There are around 30 which can be used different combinations - probably hundreds. New ones approved every few months as well.

Any Blind that ever says ' The HIV Medication is No Longer Working' is written by a fool who knows nothing about HIV and current treatments

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 11, 2017 8:33 PM

Aretha Franklin was declared all was dead about 7 or 8 years ago, was very secretive about it, and then made a stunning comeback. Now she says that she is going to retire. Does she have AIDS? I don't know.

Apparently Prince died of AIDS, even his sister stated this, but it was reported as a number of minor ailments, the flu, too much medication, an overdose, etc. There was a great deal of secrecy around it.

by Anonymousreply 50August 11, 2017 8:42 PM

Prince didn't die of AIDS, where do people get this stuff?

by Anonymousreply 51August 11, 2017 9:18 PM

Diana Ross? Naw she is still touring and has gained weight

by Anonymousreply 52August 11, 2017 9:29 PM

Poor Diane. I'm praying for you, girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 11, 2017 9:34 PM

Tina Turner is a good guess too. Whoever it is, it's heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 54August 11, 2017 11:56 PM

Martha Reeves. Ronnie Spector.

by Anonymousreply 55August 12, 2017 12:19 AM

Debbie Allen

by Anonymousreply 56August 12, 2017 12:21 AM

Robin Givens. Oh no.

by Anonymousreply 57August 12, 2017 12:30 AM

You dummies!! It's RuPaul.

by Anonymousreply 58August 12, 2017 12:34 AM

It's Janet!!!

by Anonymousreply 59August 12, 2017 12:35 AM

R59, The blind items says "legendary," so, no.

by Anonymousreply 60August 12, 2017 1:06 AM

Eartha kitt.

by Anonymousreply 61August 12, 2017 1:08 AM

Jennifer Holiday?

by Anonymousreply 62August 12, 2017 1:10 AM

a [bold]legendary[/bold] African-American celebrity.

That would be Emmy and Tony award winner Cicely Tyson. She was married to Miles Davis, a former heroin addict.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 12, 2017 1:20 AM

[quote]but HIV would preclude elective surgery.

Are you writing this from the 1980s?

by Anonymousreply 64August 12, 2017 1:29 AM

Cicely Tyson was my first thought as well, but then the article says the official cause of death will be a "rare cancer". If it were Cicely, all they'd have to say is that she was 92 and died of natural causes.

My second guess is Dionne Warwick, who, in the 80s, was in a relationship with actor Gianni Russo (aka "Carlo" from The Godfather), a self-proclaimed man-slut back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 65August 12, 2017 3:59 AM

It must be one of the surviving female celebrities honored at Oprah Winfrey's Legends Ball. Who from there haven't we yet mentioned? Could it be Chaka Khan? Gladys Knight?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 12, 2017 4:44 AM

Tina, Tina, Tina, Tina, and Tina.

by Anonymousreply 67August 12, 2017 5:14 AM

Yeah it's Aretha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68August 12, 2017 5:24 AM

Butterfly McQueen. I'm sure of it.

by Anonymousreply 69August 12, 2017 5:27 AM

Did Steve Jobs die of AIDS? He had a "rare, aggressive cancer of the pancreas" as well...

by Anonymousreply 70August 12, 2017 5:31 AM

I saw Aretha 2 mos against and I was shocked. She looks even worse now. I am worried.

by Anonymousreply 71August 12, 2017 5:37 AM

It's that girl from Saved By The Bell.

by Anonymousreply 72August 12, 2017 5:41 AM

You guys are horribly misinformed. First of all AIDS cocktails will always fail. The virus will mutate and overcome the meds. This will always happen,

AIDS meds consist of at least three different drugs. It was found two or less drugs would not keep the virus at bay long enough to help much. Three antiretrovirals do this but eventually one of those three will always fail and you doctor simply switches your medicines. So now you have three again and it works, till the next failure cycle.

There are only so many antiretroviral and some people have HIV that is resistant to many of the cocktails already. This is due to the virus mingling with other forms of the virus from multiple exposures or simple random mutations, HIV mutates quite often on it's own.

The success of the antiretrovirals depends solely on science making new ones. This is similar to the problem we have with antibiotics. There are now forms of diseases which are resistant to antibiotics. Remember that HIV is a virus not a bacteria so things like antibiotics will not work on it.

Also even as late as 2005, antiretrovirals were horrible to take and caused the AIDS hump and AIDS face. It wasn't till around 2010, that widely available drugs were less toxic with fewer side effects.

Finally remember of the 200 or so of the antiretrovirals that have been created less than a dozen have been made by other nations than the US and governmental agencies. So the antiretrovirals are almost solely being created by Big Pharma. That is right, the same Big Pharma companies you all so routinely decry. But these companies are solely responsible for gays being alive today. And the world outside of the US isn't producing shit regarding these drugs. Why? Because to create new versions that aren't resistant to HIV is a huge cost, so other nations simply license from the US companies or outright steal it as in Brazil and South Africa.

So yes if you're on antiretrovirals, this is why your doctor changes your meds after a few years. Doctors realize they currently have enough meds that you will die before they run out of drugs to switch. But like the current situation with antibiotics, 50 years from now, we'll be in the same situation with antiretrovirals as we are with antibiotics.

by Anonymousreply 73August 12, 2017 5:43 AM

Nix To Tina. She was far far far too disciplined and spiritually oriented to fuckup her comeback. If she took up with Erwin - she wasnt into "Fast and easy" anything. She had enough of that tragic BS with Ike. Gurl was FINISHED with sluts. Tina may have had a small stroke, that happens. Definitely not the same symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 74August 12, 2017 5:45 AM

It's Raven Simone. It's so Raven.

by Anonymousreply 75August 12, 2017 6:34 AM

It is embarrassing that I know this but Blind Gossip is a fairly reliable site. They do not repost CDAN blinds, for instance.

The "optional" blurb at the end of the blind suggests that it's not widely known the person is ill. So that means it's not Aretha for sure.

by Anonymousreply 76August 12, 2017 6:40 AM

its aretha

by Anonymousreply 77August 28, 2017 12:15 PM

I am thinking Aretha or Dionne , Diana is pretty healthy still touring , overweight in a post menopausal way , Tina may just be getting old, she stopped touring that was a bad decision , we all need a reason to wake up everyday.

by Anonymousreply 78August 28, 2017 12:36 PM

R78, go to hell.

by Anonymousreply 79August 28, 2017 12:57 PM

R79 I will "say a little prayer for you " gurl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 28, 2017 1:01 PM

Please be beyonce! 🙅‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 81August 28, 2017 1:04 PM

Aretha's publicist did make some remark recently in the news about one of her recent shows in Philly, where he said the fans there should make it a point to come out and see her - since it may be the last time she plays there. That could also be what's fueling some of the speculation it's Aretha.

by Anonymousreply 82August 28, 2017 1:07 PM

Gurl I am outta here , bye Felicia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 28, 2017 1:16 PM

Mary J Blige

by Anonymousreply 84August 28, 2017 1:24 PM

R84, that would make sense

by Anonymousreply 85August 28, 2017 1:34 PM

[quote]if she had contacted it in 80s, she would not be alive to tell about it

Not necessarily so. I have a friend who did, or even earlier, and is.

by Anonymousreply 86August 28, 2017 1:57 PM

When they use the word "legend" repeatedly, it doesn't say "Diana Ross" to me. it says Aretha or Tina Turner. Now we can go check out the acting legends, but who coukld that be. Fucking Cecily Tyson is 90. So, not her. Ruby Dee is already dead, so not her. Who else is a "Legend" in the field of acting?

by Anonymousreply 87August 28, 2017 2:10 PM

This is bullshit science. And hateful. There are no cases today of untreatable HIV - e.g. where the meds "stop working". And certainly not for a 1%er!

by Anonymousreply 88August 28, 2017 2:21 PM

[quote]There are no cases today of untreatable HIV - e.g. where the meds "stop working". And certainly not for a 1%er!

I don't think it's necessarily something to do with meds and more with delusioned 1%ers who think they are so invincible that they no longer have to rely on common medicine to stay healthy or heal themselves and go for some New Age quackery instead. Remember Steve Jobs (Apple co-founder)? He was diagoned with a fairly easy treatable cancer early on, but he decided to use holistic methods to get rid of the cancer and the cancer progressed to a stage where even modern medicine couldn't save him anymore (which could have saved his life had he used it right when he was diagnosed).

by Anonymousreply 89August 28, 2017 2:30 PM

He was diagnosed with a fairly easy treatable cancer ...

by Anonymousreply 90August 28, 2017 2:32 PM

There's also Charlie Sheen who claims he stopped taking his meds (including HIV meds?) in interviews claiming he doesn't need them anymore to stay healthy.

by Anonymousreply 91August 28, 2017 2:33 PM

Of course you are correct R89. But bad journalism and shitty gossip sites can finesse the rational information and explanations so it's just blame it on the meds.

I have friends from the 80s who miraculously scratched and clawed and hung on to tri-therapy and even those ravaged guys are not fighting viral loads in 2017. There is NO HIV infection nowadays that doesn't have a combo. There ARE people who can't manage to adhere, or whose insides are gutted and are slowly dying of associated diseases.

by Anonymousreply 92August 28, 2017 2:34 PM

can = mean to say "can't"

by Anonymousreply 93August 28, 2017 2:35 PM

Charlie Sheen is lying about not taking HIV meds. Or, he isn't taking them and he's a damned fool.

They even put long-term "non-progressors" - people who control HIV down to "undetectable" with their own immunity - on the therapy nowadays.

I know 2 of those latter cases. Guys who never had to fight to keep a low viral load. But they have been on treatment now since about 5 years ago where it was recommended even in such cases.

by Anonymousreply 94August 28, 2017 2:38 PM

I really doubt it's Tina. I saw some relatively recent photos of her at some gala in Europe and she looked good, particularly for a woman well in her 70s. She's also working on a musical based on her hit songs. Also, she led a very clean life back in the 80s (Buddhism, vegan, etc)

by Anonymousreply 95August 28, 2017 2:38 PM

Just to give every idiot his due, I knew people who lived "clean" lives who were infected by HIV. And jesus h fucking christ, one's religion or diet has fuck all to do with HIV transmission.

by Anonymousreply 96August 28, 2017 2:51 PM

Down low men are dangerous. All it takes is one time and most women who have HIV got it from a male partner who cheated on them with men.

by Anonymousreply 97August 28, 2017 2:59 PM

R74 Tina Turner went with David Bowie in1985. If she fucked him then there could have been others as well.

by Anonymousreply 98August 28, 2017 3:27 PM

Yeah Turner was far too Buddha-y and clean to fuck and get da AIDS, which is only for skank hos.

by Anonymousreply 99August 28, 2017 3:28 PM

At the time, rumor had it that the abrupt breakup of Aretha's marriage to actor Glynn Turman was precipitated by Aretha walking in unexpectedly, and finding Turman having sex with one of her sons.

by Anonymousreply 100August 28, 2017 3:48 PM

Do you think it's Janet Jackson?

by Anonymousreply 101August 28, 2017 4:14 PM

Just a little heads up, this blind item originally came from lipstick alley and was posted there by an anonymous person in the thread about the insurance company leak and their HIV clients medication or whatever. This person also posted a number of famous names who have HIV or aids.

Aretha was one of those names.

Take this blind item with a huge grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 102August 28, 2017 4:19 PM

Oprah. Steadman pumped her a few times and everyone knows Ms Steadman is on the down low.

by Anonymousreply 103August 28, 2017 4:21 PM

Oprah would be the last person on earth to have her meds "stop working".

by Anonymousreply 104August 28, 2017 4:23 PM

Gladys Knight!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 28, 2017 4:26 PM

Please, the closest Steadman got to Oprah was when their hands touched when both were reaching for chicken wings in a KFC box.

by Anonymousreply 106August 28, 2017 4:27 PM

Vaginal Creme Davis.

by Anonymousreply 107August 28, 2017 4:28 PM

Michelle Obama (just a wish).

by Anonymousreply 108August 28, 2017 4:33 PM

It's Grace Jones

by Anonymousreply 109August 28, 2017 4:33 PM

Why does the BI need to qualify her as a legend 'in this country'? Does that mean she's not outside of the USA?

by Anonymousreply 110August 28, 2017 4:43 PM

r106, your mother was so insistent on rimming me that eventually I couldn't say no.

by Anonymousreply 111August 28, 2017 4:47 PM

If this BI was from a couple of years ago, I'd say Natalie Cole.

by Anonymousreply 112August 28, 2017 5:38 PM

R102, it came from Mediatakeout.

by Anonymousreply 113August 28, 2017 5:50 PM

RuPaul ain't dying but he looked his age and rough in that D.O.A. SF fashionista series.

by Anonymousreply 114August 28, 2017 6:57 PM

If this is real, the legend was clearly able to live a full life so this isn't all that tragic. All of these women are beyond their 60's and 70's. Mary J Blige may have been an IV drug user? I know that she used heavy drugs in the 80's and early 90's. She looks unhealthy at times.

by Anonymousreply 115August 28, 2017 7:06 PM

Grace Jones makes sense. But can we look at people like Stevie Nicks or Pat Benatar or Gracie Slick, too?

by Anonymousreply 116August 28, 2017 7:24 PM

Yes. As soon as the latter three turn black.

by Anonymousreply 117August 28, 2017 7:27 PM

Grace Jones will be in Toronto soon to promote a documentary about her at TIFF, plus she's working on a new album and making select concert appearances. I don't think she'd be doing that if she were that sick.

by Anonymousreply 118August 28, 2017 7:32 PM

What?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 28, 2017 8:17 PM

From LSA...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120August 28, 2017 9:00 PM

What about Barbara Bush?

by Anonymousreply 121August 28, 2017 9:09 PM

Leslie Uggums owns this thread!

by Anonymousreply 122August 28, 2017 9:13 PM

Lola Falana. Not a pretty story.

by Anonymousreply 123August 28, 2017 9:25 PM

Abe Vigoda, silly. Duh!

by Anonymousreply 124August 28, 2017 9:28 PM

[quote]Do you think it's Janet Jackson?

Janet just had a baby! If she had AIDS, would she have been able to carry the baby and go through all that to have one, especially if she knew she would not be around to raise the kid. Doubt it's Janet.

by Anonymousreply 125August 28, 2017 9:29 PM

HIV+ women have children. Its not that complicated anymore.

Janet was 50 and had no business carrying a child if she actually did.

by Anonymousreply 126August 28, 2017 10:00 PM

Janet Jackson is clearly not the one. She would not be able to withstand all of that yo-yo dieting.

by Anonymousreply 127August 28, 2017 10:10 PM

Janet was not pregnant, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 128August 28, 2017 10:13 PM

Could it be Leontyne Price?

by Anonymousreply 129August 28, 2017 10:15 PM

I doubt it's Diana as she is in the midst of a tour. My money is sadly on Aretha-she is way more of a legend than Dionne.

by Anonymousreply 130August 28, 2017 10:30 PM

It's Diana Ross.

by Anonymousreply 131August 28, 2017 10:33 PM

Are there any other clues in the blind... like hurt our heats, the crossword puzzle, etc?

by Anonymousreply 132August 28, 2017 10:38 PM

R132 No, because it's most likely fake, it came from LSA from an anonymous user. And it included other celebrities as well, like jean claud van damme and chris brown among others.

by Anonymousreply 133August 28, 2017 10:42 PM

[quote] Grace Jones makes sense. But can we look at people like Stevie Nicks or Pat Benatar or Gracie Slick, too?

We could, but don't you think the SJWs will go after them for putting on blackface?

by Anonymousreply 134August 28, 2017 10:45 PM

[quote] RuPaul ain't dying but he looked his age and rough in that D.O.A. SF fashionista series.

Being a meth addict for many years will do that to you.

by Anonymousreply 135August 28, 2017 10:46 PM

[quote] Do you think it's Janet Jackson?

They said legend, not legendary overeater and state fair flop.

by Anonymousreply 136August 28, 2017 10:47 PM

Some people will believe anything that they read on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 137August 28, 2017 10:50 PM

Why is it assumed that the Legend with AIDS gotta be black?!

by Anonymousreply 138August 28, 2017 10:57 PM

Because that's what the blind item says.

by Anonymousreply 139August 28, 2017 11:02 PM

R132 the crossword puzzle...R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

by Anonymousreply 140August 28, 2017 11:14 PM

Thanks for the laugh, r136.

by Anonymousreply 141August 28, 2017 11:16 PM

General Observation: Not ready for the loss (inevitable) of great artists such as Aretha, and Tina.

by Anonymousreply 142August 28, 2017 11:22 PM

[quote] General Observation: Not ready for the loss (inevitable) of great artists such as Aretha, and Tina.

Why not? They may as well already be gone (for the public, at least, not their loved ones) as active as they are today (which is barely and not at all, respectively). No one has seen or heard a thing from Tina in nearly a decade and the last thing Aretha did was upstaged by a bug-eyed, completely over it Cissy Houston, which almost distracted us from how awful Aretha sounded. Not that I'd wish either woman badly, but you can't exactly say that if either died tomorrow we'd be deprived of amazing new recordings.

by Anonymousreply 143August 28, 2017 11:26 PM

Tina Turner? She left Ike in 76 tho....can't be Janet Jackson..she just had a kid...Pam Grier? Roberta Flack? Dionne Warwick? More than just Oprah and Aretha who are black (living) legends. CHAKA KAHN...oh God not Chaka!!! Oh God not any of these women. I have feeling this BLIND ITEM is just bullshit. Maybe Stormfront and Daily Stormer people hit them up with this shit. Sound stupid? Well it's better than the alternative (someone actually having AIDS).

by Anonymousreply 144August 29, 2017 12:04 AM

IT'S DIANA ROSS

by Anonymousreply 145August 29, 2017 12:07 AM

R131 OH SHIT YOU'RE GOOD! Why didn't I think of that (they will take what little piece I have of my black card from me lol, oh it's a joke I know you all hate LSA folks).

by Anonymousreply 146August 29, 2017 12:08 AM

R122 Nah, Leslie Uggums has to be in the "Deadpool" SEQUEL.

by Anonymousreply 147August 29, 2017 12:09 AM

R32 Aaliyah left quite the legacy? According to whom? According to anyone who thinks her baby airy sing song vice is a "gold standard"?

by Anonymousreply 148August 29, 2017 12:13 AM

Well, R132, Jean-Claude for one has been rumored to be HIV positive for a long time on DL.

by Anonymousreply 149August 29, 2017 12:43 AM

R143 Are you referring to that Rolling in the Deep performance on Letterman? Yeah, that wasn't her finest hour but fun enough to let a legend have a crack at a current classic. Not an awful version but Cissy Houston in the background was the best part of this. She had no enthusiasm and even fewer fucks to give. She must have been pissed at Aretha.

I bet it's Aretha who is sick.

by Anonymousreply 150August 30, 2017 12:54 AM

R150 She's old. What's adele's excuse?

"Stop, cuv i do da agai-un pluaasee, sorr-ay, I cunt do da to hum, sorr-ay, fock".

by Anonymousreply 151August 30, 2017 1:04 AM

Gladys Knight? Do you think she got it from one of her Pimps?

I would guess Altovise Davis but she has been deaf for several years now.

by Anonymousreply 152August 30, 2017 1:11 AM

I am surprised no one mentioned Chahka Khan. I heard rumors about Heroin addiction and her being in some kind of bad relationship years ago.

by Anonymousreply 153August 30, 2017 1:14 AM

I think C. Khan was mentioned a few times up thread, r153.

by Anonymousreply 154August 30, 2017 1:35 AM

Milton Moorehead of Syosset, Long Island

by Anonymousreply 155August 30, 2017 1:59 AM

R155: When he went back to being a man, he must have turned black while they were at it.

by Anonymousreply 156August 30, 2017 2:47 AM

CHaka Khan makes sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 157August 30, 2017 3:24 AM

Chaka Kahn has had major drug issues for most of her life. In and out of rehab, mainly for crack and heroin from what I've read.

by Anonymousreply 158August 30, 2017 3:55 AM

If Chaka Khan were such a legend, I doubt people would have such trouble spelling her name correctly.

by Anonymousreply 159August 30, 2017 4:30 AM

[quote]This is bullshit science. And hateful. There are no cases today of untreatable HIV - e.g. where the meds "stop working". And certainly not for a 1%er!

Yes it is bull. My boyfriend is HIV+ and he sees one of the very best HIV specialist doctors in NYC for treatment. I asked him and he said some of you DLers have really outdated notions about HIV treatment. His viral load has been undetectable for at least a decade, too.

by Anonymousreply 160August 30, 2017 4:46 AM

[quote]Did Steve Jobs die of AIDS? He had a "rare, aggressive cancer of the pancreas" as well...

Yes, Jobs died of AIDS. It will never be admitted publicly, at least not for years or even decades, probably never. Many disreputable links out there, I don't have a "reliable" source. But it's true.

by Anonymousreply 161August 30, 2017 4:47 AM

JCVD makes sense, his recent pictures show facial wasting , not the normal age driven fat less , something more severe especially for someone only 56

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162August 30, 2017 4:27 PM

less = loss

by Anonymousreply 163August 30, 2017 4:27 PM

HIV+ rumors about JCVD have been around for a very long time, much longer than, say, the ones about Charlie Sheen.

by Anonymousreply 164August 30, 2017 4:29 PM

R87 - I thought of Diahann Carroll but I don't know if anyone would call her a legend.

by Anonymousreply 165August 30, 2017 4:40 PM

My money is on Thelma Houston, Gloria Gaynor , Bonnie Pointer, or Bettye LaVette

by Anonymousreply 166August 30, 2017 4:53 PM

r164, yes there are so few celebs with HIV, so I'm sure it's him, the African-American they ask for

by Anonymousreply 167August 30, 2017 4:56 PM

My comment had nothing to do with the original BI, but with the list of alleged HIV+ leaks from LA. Aretha is most likely the one the BI refers to.

by Anonymousreply 168August 30, 2017 5:03 PM

For the person so sure Steve Jobs died of AIDS, how did he contract AIDS? Blood transfusion, cheating (you can be heterosexual and get AIDS) or was he bisexual?

I never got an overtly sexual vibe from Jobs at all, to me he seemed like an asexual nerd. Of course, I knew he had an illegitimate child he later admitted to fathering and he was married to a woman when he died, but, to me, he gave off an asexual vibe. Like he'd rather fuck a computer than a person, lol

by Anonymousreply 169August 30, 2017 5:09 PM

If ARetha developed the virus it was through Glenn Thrumann who was her husband for about 5 minutes until she caught him in bed with some guy. How she didn't figure out he was gay sooner I will never know. She shoulda asked someone. BTW: Where is Glenn and what's he up to? I know he's old, but so what.

by Anonymousreply 170August 30, 2017 5:09 PM

[quote] I would guess Altovise Davis but she has been deaf for several years now.

That's what happens when you marry Sammy Davis, Jr. You go deaf out of necessity.

by Anonymousreply 171August 30, 2017 6:21 PM

Not Pam Grier as suggested above - that girl is Healthy, but I do think its someone who attended Oprah's Legends weekend if there's any truth to the story.

by Anonymousreply 172August 30, 2017 6:22 PM

[quote] Yes it is bull. My boyfriend is HIV+ and he sees one of the very best HIV specialist doctors in NYC for treatment. I asked him and he said some of you DLers have really outdated notions about HIV treatment. His viral load has been undetectable for at least a decade, too.

Exactly. it's just the liver failure, heart failure, etc. that will kill him, not HIV.

by Anonymousreply 173August 30, 2017 6:25 PM

R170 Aretha caught Glynn Turman in bed with her own son. I've read other accounts of Glynn sexually molesting young boys as well, most likely here on data lounge. Cooley high is one of my all time favorite movies, what a piece of Shit.

Aretha had a wild and tragic life. Abused by her father and several other men. Probably slept with numerous down low men and supposedly she had a heroin problem. The son she found in bed with her ex also attempted to burn her house down. I believe the anonymous LSA leaker of the hiv + celebs leaked by the Aetna breach.

by Anonymousreply 174September 3, 2017 7:46 AM

R169 aspergers computer nerds are the type that lose their shit and get bareback fucked hard.

by Anonymousreply 175September 3, 2017 7:51 AM

Aretha looks very haggard and ill lately.

by Anonymousreply 176September 3, 2017 8:39 AM

Glynn Turman and Aretha were married for 6 yrs. Turman has been happily remarried since the early 1990s. The story about him being caught sexually mooesting Aretha's son is about as credible as the Richard Gere gerbil rumor. Silly nonsense, just like these supposed HIV stories. Some people, like R174, will believe anything and spread it around as factual truth.

by Anonymousreply 177September 3, 2017 8:47 AM

It's really bizarre that so many gay men here seem to have such outdated notions about HIV AIDS. First one being that you need to sleep with anymore than 1 person 1 time to catch it. Next one being that you can tell by the way someone looks that they have it. And this willy nilly naming whichever black Woman pops into your head is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 178September 3, 2017 8:59 AM

add in uncut dick, R178, and you'll spark mass apoplexie around these parts.

by Anonymousreply 179September 3, 2017 9:15 AM

The home that burned was one of 3 homes that Franklin owns in Bloomfield. It was not her primary residence, and her son was cleared of any charges.

by Anonymousreply 180September 3, 2017 9:30 AM

Has Patti LaBelle had any health scares recently?

by Anonymousreply 181September 3, 2017 10:00 AM

Ronnie Spector?

by Anonymousreply 182September 3, 2017 10:00 PM

^ Ooh, good guess. And quite possible with Ronnie's substance abuse history.

by Anonymousreply 183September 3, 2017 10:20 PM

How could anyone not recognize that JCVD has facial wasting from HIV meds?

by Anonymousreply 184September 4, 2017 7:32 AM

How did JCVD contract it? Is he gay?

by Anonymousreply 185September 4, 2017 7:35 AM

R180, I knew Aretha and her family for some years. We were not close friends, but I knew them and attended family parties which were one big mess. She and her brother Cecil, and her sisters and her sister-in-law were all hot messes. The home that burned down, in Bloomfield Hills, was owned by Aretha but she mostly had her son living there. He did set the fire. Absolutely. He and a friend. And he is her Gay son. The kid also got in trouble with the law for some fight where he was arrested. He bit someone.

Glenn Thurman is Gay, he did cheat on her a lot, so I can see how that could quickly morph into "she caught him in bed with a man." Figuratively speaking, she did. But she didn't LITERALLY catch him. Aretha is in her 70's. She has not taken care of herself. She has various chronic ailments because of that. I don't think many people knew Aretha was a smoker well into her 40's. I once ran into her at some VIP reception for the NAACP in Detroit many years ago, maybe 20 yrs ago or more, and she had a drink and a cigarette in her hand and was glassy-eyed. She spoke to me but seemed "vague." But I do not believe Aretha is your candidate for this item. At this point HIV would be the least of her health problems. The rumor is that she has cancer, and that she was treated, went into remission, and that it has come back twice since then.

by Anonymousreply 186September 4, 2017 3:49 PM

Could it be Darlene Love?

by Anonymousreply 187September 4, 2017 4:00 PM

R184, anyone who has facial wasting from HIV treatment got it a decade or probably 2 decades ago. A rich person has ample access to fillers. A twink pozzing himself nowadays, is not going to have facial wasting, not for decades if ever. There are a lot of things that cause facial wasting in middle age and old men - especially chem abusers among the "fit" crazed.

I'm not saying that JCVD doesn't have HIV med facial wasting but just this stereotype about HIV meds and facial wasting doesn't apply to many people, nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 188September 4, 2017 4:52 PM

Here is old, un-filled William Dafoe. Is it OBVIOUS he has "HIV med facial wasting"? He's a craggy skinny old man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189September 4, 2017 4:57 PM

Dionne Warwick?

by Anonymousreply 190September 4, 2017 5:09 PM

Gladys Knight?

by Anonymousreply 191September 4, 2017 5:09 PM

Michelle Obama - who is a apparently transgender as well?

fucktards

by Anonymousreply 192September 4, 2017 5:10 PM

hope it’s not Aretha :(

by Anonymousreply 193September 4, 2017 5:12 PM

Warwick looks very sick in R34 picture

by Anonymousreply 194September 4, 2017 5:12 PM

R102 can you post the link to the thread in LA I like to read the names

by Anonymousreply 195September 4, 2017 5:29 PM

Nadja Benaissa

by Anonymousreply 196September 4, 2017 5:48 PM

Could it be Taraji?

by Anonymousreply 197September 4, 2017 5:51 PM

Is Iman Bowie's wife a legend?

by Anonymousreply 198September 4, 2017 5:52 PM

Mariah announced XMas tour dates so not Mariah

by Anonymousreply 199September 4, 2017 6:00 PM

r186 gave some good dish.

by Anonymousreply 200September 4, 2017 6:07 PM

Yes, a bottle of truvada and a bottle of scotch to you, R186 - it really was good dish.

by Anonymousreply 201September 4, 2017 6:18 PM

This is the same site revealed about Prince

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202September 4, 2017 6:19 PM

[quote]Here is old, un-filled William Dafoe. Is it OBVIOUS he has "HIV med facial wasting"? He's a craggy skinny old man.

Thanks for the laugh, William Dafoe looked old and ill when he was a young man! He's always had prominent cheekbones and bad coarse skin, plus he's a smoker. He doesn't have HIV. People with prominent cheekbones do not always age well, especially if they get thinner as they age.

Some people have great genes, others do not. In some instances, it is that simple. I know people who were always heavy smokers, did lots of drugs in their youth and still drink alcohol, yet they look great, some are even wrinkle free. It's all about the genes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203September 4, 2017 6:21 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204September 4, 2017 6:30 PM

a recent picture of Aretha in Tribeca film festival 2017

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205September 4, 2017 6:31 PM

Van Damme has HIV facial wasting but Dafoe not. notice more to the pictures to see the difference.

by Anonymousreply 206September 4, 2017 6:34 PM

Aretha looks pretty damn good for a woman in her 70s in that last photo.

by Anonymousreply 207September 4, 2017 6:37 PM

R207=Stevie Wonder

by Anonymousreply 208September 4, 2017 6:46 PM

The comparison between Dafoe and Van Damme is preposterous.

One of them looks like a textbook case of HIV meds facial wasting. The other just looks like an aged, skinny man.

Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 209September 4, 2017 6:56 PM

[quote] I don't think many people knew Aretha was a smoker well into her 40's.

It's not like she ever hid her smoking. I'm pretty sure her smoking habit was fairly well known. She also talked about quitting and how it improved her vocal range.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210September 4, 2017 6:59 PM

Gurl, the last time Aretha's face "looked good " was in her early 40's. Since then it's one thing after another. That photo of her with Natalie is typical of her really bad fashion sense. Apparently what Aretha saw in her "mind's eye" and what the mirror saw were two distinctly different images

I was at a party once, for one of the Four Tops, she was a friend of theirs, and she wore hot pants. Satin hot pants. In shocking pink. With a cream colored, satin bustier, some kind of high acrylic heels, open toed, ( And you never want to be open toed with Aretha's toes.) , and over the top and shorts, she wore this filmy sort of layered, tulle, pastel rainbow "coat," or smock, or WTF ever. Long haired wig and false eyelashes. She was a certified "vision." LOL! And no one mocked her, or commented on her outfit. Everyone loved her and was glad she was there.

I meant to say up thread that Aretha had horrible eating habits. Horrible. Every single thing that was bad for you, and that we African Americans have tried to walk away from and eat healthier, well she ate it. Junk food, soul food, whatever. And she had a very irregular schedule. So it was not unusual for Aretha to insist someone find some greasy spoon that was open at 3 AM so she could eat.

by Anonymousreply 211September 4, 2017 6:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212September 4, 2017 7:00 PM

At an LA concert maybe five or ten years back, she said she loved coming to LA because she craves Pink's Hot dogs and said she got two dozen last night. She quickly added she didn't eat them all yet.

by Anonymousreply 213September 4, 2017 7:01 PM

R211 Again you're stating the obvious. Her weight gain was obviously caused by over eating and poor diet; just like millions of other morbidly obese Americans.

by Anonymousreply 214September 4, 2017 7:07 PM

Not sure who it is, but this reminds me of how the media gave the public a few weeks of warning/hinting around before Charlie Sheen made his announcement. The fact is, I believe it is somebody, and whoever that is, we will all find out in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 215September 4, 2017 7:13 PM

Charlie Sheen no longer wanted to pay people off.

by Anonymousreply 216September 4, 2017 7:20 PM

It's a shame, but it's Frederick Douglass. Just when he's been doing an amazing job and getting recognized more and more, I notice.

by Anonymousreply 217September 4, 2017 7:23 PM

I have a hard time believing that Aretha is HIV+ Can someone explain to me how a person can be that fat all those years was living with HIV?

by Anonymousreply 218September 4, 2017 7:26 PM

(R218) Ignorance like yours is the reason HIV hasn't been eradicated yet.

by Anonymousreply 219September 4, 2017 7:33 PM

Oh shut up e214. Have you ever been to a party for the Four Tops like r211?

More dish... more dish r211.

by Anonymousreply 220September 4, 2017 8:27 PM

R209 Totally agree

by Anonymousreply 221September 4, 2017 8:46 PM

Often difficult to distinguish HIV face from Meth face.

by Anonymousreply 222September 4, 2017 8:50 PM

Apparently DataLoungers are expert at these finer diagnoses

by Anonymousreply 223September 4, 2017 8:53 PM

Well, this is not ghoulish

by Anonymousreply 224September 4, 2017 8:54 PM

Karl Lagerfeld's name is on the list from lipstick alley.

Why should Karl Lagerfeld use a US insurance company? Weird! And he looks amazing for his age (83!). Just don't think he has any serious illness.

This photo of Karl Lagerfeld without his glasses is from 2011

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225September 4, 2017 8:59 PM

Aretha at a normal weight. She obviously wasn't obese as a young woman! Keep away from junk food.

It's also obvious the cigarette smoking didn't help her weight, another fallacy so many believe, that smoking keeps your weight down!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226September 4, 2017 9:39 PM

Nobody for Cher?

by Anonymousreply 227September 4, 2017 9:41 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228September 4, 2017 9:43 PM

R227 He's not black

by Anonymousreply 229September 4, 2017 9:43 PM

I've always loved this photo of Aretha. The coat is fantastic. Think this was from a video she shot in the UK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230September 4, 2017 9:44 PM

Young Aretha was cute.

by Anonymousreply 231September 4, 2017 9:46 PM

This one is my fave photo of her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232September 4, 2017 9:47 PM

[quote] Oh shut up e214. Have you ever been to a party for the Four Tops like [R211]? More dish... more dish [R211].

Right R220 because the commonly known facts that Aretha Franklin smoked, overate and dressed poorly for her size are all some real serious insider "dish". Only someone who personally knew here and had attended parties for Motown legends would know such to secret info.

by Anonymousreply 233September 4, 2017 9:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234September 4, 2017 9:48 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235September 4, 2017 9:49 PM

Oprah? Patti Labelle?

by Anonymousreply 236September 4, 2017 10:07 PM

There are only so many female black "legends" of a certain age, so lets just repeat the same names over and over and over and over and over and over over.

by Anonymousreply 237September 4, 2017 10:11 PM

OK, R237! When you're done posting an unnecessary pile of judgmental shit, how about you start with the list again!

Thanks in advance!

by Anonymousreply 238September 4, 2017 10:13 PM

Sade Adu

by Anonymousreply 239September 4, 2017 10:16 PM

OK. All 15 of these have the AIDS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240September 4, 2017 10:18 PM

I'm sorry, but when I hear the words African American legend only Star Jones comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 241September 4, 2017 10:31 PM

Vernee Watson

by Anonymousreply 242September 4, 2017 10:38 PM

Is is someone currently alive? Maybe someone who is currently dead had the AIDS.

It's not Aretha. Does it have to be a woman? If so I name Tina Turner.

by Anonymousreply 243September 4, 2017 10:40 PM

Rebel Wilson?

by Anonymousreply 244September 4, 2017 10:40 PM

I'm not a big shot or important or anything . You might not realize what a small community the Metro Detroit music scene was when it comes to African American performers and a lot of them with ties to Motown. But I will point out to you. The Four Tops had left Motown by the time I tell this story, and Aretha was not part of Motown.

by Anonymousreply 245September 4, 2017 10:47 PM

Idrissa Elba

by Anonymousreply 246September 4, 2017 10:50 PM

R211 lol great post. It almost forces my admiration for Ree (she doesn't give a shit and eats and wears whatever the hell she wants).

by Anonymousreply 247September 4, 2017 10:59 PM

R226 Fuck wow! Aretha had the perfect female body (to my eyes), somewhere between an hourglass (not more delicate in the shoulders and upper body) and pearshaped (but not having a flat chest).Perfect. Was not expecting that!. And I've noticed this type of body is prone to extreme obesity.

Also r225 is the first time I've seen Largerfeld sans shades and I'm astounded by how uncreepy he looks -- indeed actually weirdly handsome (and natural so ) about the eyes and those dark brows

by Anonymousreply 248September 4, 2017 11:07 PM

^BUT* more delicate in the shoulder and torso area

by Anonymousreply 249September 4, 2017 11:09 PM

Aretha is hot in R228 photo

by Anonymousreply 250September 4, 2017 11:16 PM

Young Karl, fashion illustrator Antonio Lopez and model Pat Cleveland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251September 5, 2017 12:31 AM

R251 Young Karl looks far creepier than the ancient incarnation. Or maybe that above pic sans sunglasses humane-looking eyes was a fluke

by Anonymousreply 252September 5, 2017 8:32 AM

That's Prince, he was pretty much a woman so it fits

by Anonymousreply 253September 5, 2017 8:45 AM

Karl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254September 5, 2017 9:28 AM

Many of the photos are of young Karl without glasses in this link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255September 5, 2017 9:32 AM

Little Richard

by Anonymousreply 256September 5, 2017 9:59 AM

Prince

by Anonymousreply 257September 5, 2017 10:00 AM

La Toya Jackson. She dated Bobby Debarge who died of AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 258September 5, 2017 10:04 AM

It says ' the female celeb, who is seen as a legend in this country'

So it's not Aretha she's seen as legend outside of the US too.

by Anonymousreply 259September 5, 2017 10:25 AM

R189 scared me straight.

by Anonymousreply 260September 5, 2017 10:56 AM

SIDE EFFECTS Changes to Your Face and Body (Lipodystrophy & Wasting)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261September 5, 2017 11:03 AM

R160 your boyfriend has a serious illness, and you waste a specialists' time by talking about a gossip site? When people around me have been seriously ill, yakking about a gossip site has never been a priority.

by Anonymousreply 262September 5, 2017 11:03 AM

I'm curious about Prince and David Bowie. Did they die from HIV/AIDS ?

by Anonymousreply 263September 5, 2017 11:20 AM

R263 David Bowie died of cancer, according to his own spokesman. There was no autopsy. Prince died of opoid overdose.

by Anonymousreply 264September 5, 2017 12:17 PM

R258 thank you Never heard about this guy (DeBage family barely made an impact in the UK, apart from Rythm Of the Night, which most would be hard pressed to name the artist. His story is fascinating

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265September 5, 2017 1:12 PM

Why would David Bowie, husband and father and what seemed to be a person at home in his art and career and age, GO OFF HIV TREATMENT AND DIE OF AIDS you fucking dipshit? R263.

There were rumours, on the other hand, that Prince was poz and DID stop his treatment for some cockamamie spiritual belief. I think those rumours were bullshit and he OD'd on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 266September 5, 2017 8:47 PM

The first time I saw Karl was in a Warhol film, think it was called 'L'Amour". Karl was always somewhat creepy looking.

by Anonymousreply 267September 5, 2017 8:59 PM

He looks like an average white german dude, to me.

by Anonymousreply 268September 5, 2017 9:00 PM

R266 Because Bowie was apparently bisexual and at least two women claimed he exposed them to HIV

by Anonymousreply 269September 6, 2017 9:12 AM

And he died of [bold]Liver cancer[/bold]. Liver cancer and other liver diseases are common as cause of death among people with HIV.

by Anonymousreply 270September 6, 2017 9:17 AM

R266 one woman claimed he raped her and told her 'now you have aids' in 1987. He took a court ordered HIV test which was negative, (and the rape charges were dropped for lack of evidence).

This seems like nonsense to me. As if any celebrity would tell someone they had aids in the 1980's, especially someone as business savvy as David Bowie.

Incidentally, the prime factor for primary liver cancer is hepatitis C, not HIV/Aids. It's very possible that he had hep C, given his history of drug abuse.

by Anonymousreply 271September 6, 2017 10:01 AM

I didnt say Bowie couldn't have been HIV+. I said why would a person in a good place in life go off their meds and kill themselves through the horrible ravages of AIDS.

Sure he could have had cancer from Hep C or HIV or any number of factors. This is not "dying of AIDS". Maybe its just a different way of talking about this.

by Anonymousreply 272September 6, 2017 10:17 AM

Sorry, my post was directed to R269, not 266

Even if Bowie was positive , and there's no evidence he was , why would he come off his meds when he had a 15 year old daughter and a grandson he has never seen. He had every reason to go on living.

by Anonymousreply 273September 6, 2017 10:19 AM

R272 I've cross posted with you again. I agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 274September 6, 2017 10:22 AM

Sorry I wanted to say 'HIV related diseases' I know no one dies from AIDS anymore (except Prince if the rumours were true)

by Anonymousreply 275September 6, 2017 10:25 AM

R271 There was also another woman .

SHOCKER: Woman Claims That Deceased Singer DAVID BOWIE . . . Exposed Her . . . To The AIDS VIRUS!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276September 6, 2017 10:27 AM

The AIDS VIRUS!!!

The AIDS VIRUS!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277September 6, 2017 10:34 AM

I know R277 Just copy pasted from that site lol

by Anonymousreply 278September 6, 2017 12:31 PM

I still say it's Chaka Khan.

by Anonymousreply 279September 6, 2017 2:55 PM

Is she that "legendary", r279. Just askin'.

by Anonymousreply 280September 6, 2017 2:59 PM

I'm not spoiling for a fight, but is it possible that after taking many combinations of anti-virals over many years they simply stopped working? I agree that he would not stop taking drugs which were working effectively.

I have never heard that Bowie was poz,,but it wouldn't be the biggest shock if it came out that he was.

by Anonymousreply 281September 6, 2017 3:12 PM

I would say the Chaka Khan is legendary compared to many who have been guessed thus far.

Remember, she has been a star since the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 282September 6, 2017 3:13 PM

Dave Gahan

by Anonymousreply 283September 6, 2017 3:43 PM

Robbie Williams cancels gigs in Russia due to ‘illness’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284September 6, 2017 7:53 PM

Chaka Khan is a legendary diva, period and I hope to the Universe that it isn't her! She's still gorgeous, after all that she's been through....the fire 🔥.

by Anonymousreply 285September 6, 2017 7:56 PM

[quote]I have never heard that Bowie was poz,,but it wouldn't be the biggest shock if it came out that he was.

Didn't Bowie die of liver cancer. Considering his hard partying lifestyle during the mid-1970s, I think liver cancer is about right. The man was a full blown junkie during his Thin White Duke era of music, he was mainlining heroin and coke. Plus, he was always a heavy smoker. He wasn't even eating regularly during that time. It's a miracle he didn't die back then.

He looks awful here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286September 6, 2017 8:32 PM

dionne

by Anonymousreply 287September 6, 2017 8:58 PM

R276 sounds like that was the same woman. He took a test that was negative.

by Anonymousreply 288September 6, 2017 11:56 PM

R281 that doesn't seem to happen anymore. It used to happen but just rarely. I think in a few decades that scenario could come back, who knows?

by Anonymousreply 289September 7, 2017 7:59 AM

R285 Chaka Khan was on The View a few days ago. She looked great and sang.

by Anonymousreply 290September 7, 2017 8:05 AM

I hope its not Dave Gahan.

by Anonymousreply 291September 7, 2017 8:06 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292September 7, 2017 10:19 PM

She looks very healthy, but damn...can you imagine having to be photographed nest to Ciara? Just hang it up.

by Anonymousreply 293September 7, 2017 10:25 PM

[quote] Is is someone currently alive? Maybe someone who is currently dead had the AIDS.

When Natalie Cole died a couple of years ago, there were plenty of rumors swirling around that it was AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 294September 7, 2017 10:38 PM

Whitney?

by Anonymousreply 295September 7, 2017 10:46 PM

John Legend

by Anonymousreply 296September 7, 2017 10:46 PM

R291 He seems like someone having House In Virginia

by Anonymousreply 297September 7, 2017 10:50 PM

Wow, Ciara looks very much like the wife/model of a straight hairdresser friend. She is also originally from Texas.

by Anonymousreply 298September 7, 2017 10:56 PM

Iman?

by Anonymousreply 299September 7, 2017 10:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300September 15, 2017 2:30 PM

Hard-pressed to be Dave Gahan since he's like, you know, not African American. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he as ailments due to his hardcore drug days.

It's gotta be Tina. She was a private dancer, a dancer for money...

by Anonymousreply 301September 15, 2017 3:23 PM

Recent photos (Daily Mail UK, yesterday) indicate that Tina is in very good health.

by Anonymousreply 302September 15, 2017 3:34 PM

Yeah, Tina looks amazing. How old is she? 70?

by Anonymousreply 303September 15, 2017 3:43 PM

I don't think Dionne was getting anything from a MAN in the 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 304September 15, 2017 3:53 PM

Whoooooo. Someone has arrived with some takeout Tea.

by Anonymousreply 305September 15, 2017 3:55 PM

Hope it isn’t her but it sounds like Aretha Franklin since I don’t think she’s as well-known internationally as her peers but is revered in the USA.

by Anonymousreply 306September 15, 2017 3:58 PM

R303 Tina is 77.

by Anonymousreply 307September 15, 2017 11:48 PM

Tina Yothers?

by Anonymousreply 308September 16, 2017 7:58 AM

Glenn Scarpelli?

by Anonymousreply 309September 16, 2017 8:02 AM

Donna Summers had AIDS, so did Natalie and Whitney, Aretha has it, and maybe Chaka too. Mediatakeout, is the site that was dead on for Prince having AIDS, well on their site, about this recent legend to have AIDS, and expecting death soon, there are those scrabble came pieces clue, that have the same number of letter as the word RESPECT, is the biggest and best clue that it is Aretha. It is Aretha everyone, it her!!!!

by Anonymousreply 310September 16, 2017 8:48 AM

^ I believe that about Donna Summer, Natalie and Whitney

by Anonymousreply 311September 16, 2017 10:21 AM

R310 I heard Whitney had AIDS dementia before she died

by Anonymousreply 312September 16, 2017 10:26 AM

posted by a user in [bold]2003[/bold]

I've seen tabloid covers at the supermarket say that [bold]Whitney Houston had contracted HIV through drug-use.[/bold] But, since the only source of this info comes from the front page of the [bold]National Enquirer[/bold], etc., I wouldn't put much stock in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313September 16, 2017 10:31 AM

R310 can you link to the thread in that site thanks

by Anonymousreply 314September 16, 2017 10:33 AM

Jay Z

by Anonymousreply 315September 16, 2017 1:35 PM

Aretha IS a legend outside the US.

You know who isn't...? Patti LaBelle.

by Anonymousreply 316September 16, 2017 3:56 PM

Sorry everyone, I made a mistake, its "blindgossip" not mediatakeout. Blindgossip was dead on for Prince having AIDS, and did the most with those very accurate clues, they were right, as all the clues indicate that Prince did indeed have AIDS.. Aretha's name was on that recent leaked list of celebs, along with Jean Claude, Chris Brown and Sean Puffy Combs, for having AIDS. I do believe that Aretha has AIDS. It's her everyone, it's her!!!

by Anonymousreply 317September 16, 2017 4:03 PM

R310, I know NC had a smack habit, but did the other women as well? None of these women look like they were shooting up. Did they get it from their partners?

by Anonymousreply 318September 16, 2017 4:13 PM

Seeing Whitney at the end of her life with that puffy filled in face, told me the AIDS rumors were indeed true. I never heard that she had AIDS dementia, where did that information come from?

I tried to add the link from blindgossip, but datalounge kept blocking my post. Once I deleted the post with the blindgossip link in it, it allowed me to post. Just google it, and you will see the blindgossip, those scrabble game pieces, done rather well, is the greatest clue for who the recent legend with AIDS is, and the fact that she married a gay down low brother, Glynn Turner, and all her men troubles, explains why its her.

by Anonymousreply 319September 16, 2017 4:21 PM

Promoting the puss back in the day to get ahead, I suspect is how Donna got it. Natalie and Whitney, got AIDS from drugs. Natalie did a very long interview, where she talked about her brother having AIDS, when he was placed on medication called interferon. She stated in that interview the doctors put her on interferon for her hepatitis, when she stated she questioned the doctor in detail, why he would place her on interferon too? Just the way the interview went, and also in that same breath and moment, she owned up without being questioned about her huge drug problem and that she had had a lot of sex. I knew then, that she was telling us, without telling us, that she had contracted HIV and developed AIDS too.

by Anonymousreply 320September 16, 2017 4:35 PM

R310 at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321September 16, 2017 4:35 PM

[quote] Sorry everyone, I made a mistake, its "blindgossip" not mediatakeout. Blindgossip was dead on for Prince having AIDS, and did the most with those very accurate clues, they were right, as all the clues indicate that Prince did indeed have AIDS..

Right because anyone dying of AIDS would easily be able to continue concert tours. Though Prince had to make an emergency landing because he OD'd in the weeks before his death, and even though the 1 person that showed up at his home the day of his death was a treatment specialist. And despite the coroners report. Yes all signs point to AIDS.

[quote] Aretha's name was on that recent leaked list of celebs, along with Jean Claude, Chris Brown and Sean Puffy Combs, for having AIDS. I do believe that Aretha has AIDS. It's her everyone, it's her!!!

That AETNA mailer rumor is stupid. AETNA sent the mailer to 12,000 customers. But someone supposedly saw the names of celebs who live in different parts of the country, as well as outside the country (Karl Lagerfeld - France). Bullshit.

[quote] Seeing Whitney at the end of her life with that puffy filled in face, told me the AIDS rumors were indeed true. I never heard that she had AIDS dementia, where did that information come from? I tried to add the link from blindgossip, but datalounge kept blocking my post. Once I deleted the post with the blindgossip link in it, it allowed me to post. Just google it, and you will see the blindgossip, those scrabble game pieces, done rather well, is the greatest clue for who the recent legend with AIDS is, and the fact that she married a gay down low brother, Glynn Turner, and all her men troubles, explains why its her.

Yes how very strange for a middle aged woman or a cocaine user to be bloated, doubly strange for a middle aged woman who uses cocaine.

You people are ridiculously stupid. This is worse than the early to mid 1980's. When anyone who lost weight or died unexpectedly was rumored to have died from AIDS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322September 16, 2017 4:39 PM

I dont care how long and indignant your rants are, my mind wont be changed on this topic whatsoever! Prince, Donna, Natalie and Whitney, all had AIDS, that contributed to their death, and now Aretha has it. Deal with it!

by Anonymousreply 323September 16, 2017 4:51 PM

R320, Interferon was the only treatment offered to Hep C positive patients until recently. I'm not saying that NC didn't or did have HIV, but it is highly possible that her brother had both Hep C and was also HIV poz. Unfortunately, IV drug users are at risk for BOTH

Interferon is a form of chemotherapy, and people who have undergone Hep C treatment with the drug end up looking like cancer patients. They lose their appetite, lose weight, suffer vomiting , and hair loss just like a cancer patient. It makes patients extremely sick, and many cannot tolerate the treatment. Most Hep C positive people had to get treatment for a full year.

Unfortunately, lots of people did not respond to the treatment, and continued to have a very high.viral load. From what I understand, Hep C poz patients were given three treatments of Interferon, meaning that they were subjected to the drug once per week, for a year, per treatment. If the patient did not respond to the treatment after the 3rd round, they were diagnosed as untreatable. I know at least two people in AA who went through this and eventually passed away at a young age. Hep C poz patients have a high risk of developing liver cancer and/or cirrhosis of the liver. Both of those diseases are fatal on their own, without AIDS.

People seem to have forgotten what a serious disease Hep C is. We now have better treatment, but until recently, Hep C was killing ex IV users.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324September 16, 2017 4:53 PM

R322 There's many threads on Prince in DL start reading those to get your answers

by Anonymousreply 325September 16, 2017 5:01 PM

What about Michael Jackson? It was rumored AIDS contributed to his death

by Anonymousreply 326September 16, 2017 5:03 PM

[quote] I dont care how long and indignant your rants are, my mind wont be changed on this topic whatsoever! Prince, Donna, Natalie and Whitney, all had AIDS, that contributed to their death, and now Aretha has it. Deal with it

Yes my 7 sentences = a "long rant".

It's not my goal to change your mind. It is my goal to point out your foolishness. You could speculate about most anyone's illness or death and create a AIDS narrative. Which is essentially what you are doing.

[quote] [R322] There's many threads on Prince in DL start reading those to get your answers

And you believe that I haven't seen the other nonsense posted here. Some of you are clearly borderline retarded. There are also threads here on pasta draining. I would not advise anyone to go there for "answers". Those are opinions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327September 16, 2017 5:11 PM

I actually believe that this is pancreatic cancer. I also believe that she will pass before Thanksgiving. Probably sooner.

Pancreatic Cancer is a mother fucker. I'd rather be HIV poz than have pancreatic cancer, any day of the week. At least one is survivable, while the other - not so much.

Poor thing. Look at her and Rev. Jackson's faces. They both know that it's a done deal for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328September 16, 2017 5:14 PM

Thank you r324 for the education on interferon and its purposes. I didnt forget how lethal hepC can be, I know that more often than not, IV drug users have both Hep C and HIV. That's why he placed on her on interferon, which is the part she left out. Natalie I think was so honest and good natured she could not just outright lie, that's why in that interview, without prompting she brought up the excess drugs and sex, coming clean about how she got the disease. I read between the lines, and I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 329September 16, 2017 5:14 PM

R322 I salute you for trying to bring logic and rationality into the discussion but alas the likes of r323 are beyond help and clearly mentally ill being no longer amenable to reason and argument and triggered by hearing contrary viewpoint break into their hermetically sealed echo chamber

by Anonymousreply 330September 16, 2017 5:17 PM

[quote] Thank you [R324] for the education on interferon and its purposes. I didnt forget how lethal hepC can be, I know that more often than not, IV drug users have both Hep C and HIV. That's why he placed on her on interferon, which is the part she left out. Natalie I think was so honest and good natured she could not just outright lie, that's why in that interview, without prompting she brought up the excess drugs and sex, coming clean about how she got the disease. I read between the lines, and I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331September 16, 2017 5:19 PM

That's fine 330 et al, that you think I'm mentally ill. Ok. I admit I could be wrong, but I dont think so. Now what?

by Anonymousreply 332September 16, 2017 5:21 PM

I don't understand the insistence about her succumbing to AIDS. What is THAT about???

People, LOOK AT HER. She's clearly very ill. Wtf does it matter what she is dying from??? Is this some attempt to shame her or other black women for dying of AIDS? This is really weird mythology here, and I am really uncomfortable with it, because I do not understand why it MATTERS SO MUCH that she has AIDS. FUCK!!' When was the last time you AIDS shrieking cunts saw someone die of AIDS up close and personal???? Do you understand how horrific and painful it is for the person who is dying??

Now I am fucking pissed. No one in their right mind wishes either illness on anyone!!!!

by Anonymousreply 333September 16, 2017 5:29 PM

Wow, you aint lying r328, that photo seems to say exactly that. Micheal Jackson and AIDS?...I dont know anything about

by Anonymousreply 334September 16, 2017 5:32 PM

R323 'Prince, Donna, Natalie and Whitney, all had AIDS'

Agree

by Anonymousreply 335September 16, 2017 5:33 PM

[quote] I actually believe that this is pancreatic cancer. I also believe that she will pass before Thanksgiving. Probably sooner.

Franklin smoked for 30 or 40 yrs and she was morbidly obese for at least 20 yrs. Those are two huge risk factors. She is also black. Which also increases the odds for certain Cancers.

Again you could create an AIDS narrative around most anyone's illness or death, particularly Cancer. We could speculate that smoker Michael Landon's (Pancreatic Cancer) death was AIDS related. We could speculate that rumored bisexual and smoker Yul Brynner's cancer was AIDS related. Or non smoker Christopher Reeve's wife's Lung Cancer or smoker Patrick Swayze (Pancreatic Cancer) or bloated Ted Kennedy or most anyone.

by Anonymousreply 336September 16, 2017 5:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337September 16, 2017 5:39 PM

Thank you r331 that's a great read. I wondered if mixing the strains would cause an additional burdeon on the recipient's immune system? But it either that, or die...I guess

by Anonymousreply 338September 16, 2017 5:39 PM

What angers me is how glib someone is being about this. I've saw my very best friend in the world die of AIDS. I was there with him from diagnosis, until the end, and it is a horrible disease. He could even stand up. He went blind and lost all of his independence. Every day, it was worse than the day before.

He was the sweetest man, and I loved him dearly. He was my angel. And I was completely powerless to help him get better, so I sucked it up, and helped him die.

Fuck. I do not take this shit lightly.

Give this woman her peace. Her medical diagnosis is NONE of our business.

by Anonymousreply 339September 16, 2017 5:44 PM

[quote] Thank you [R331] that's a great read. I wondered if mixing the strains would cause an additional burdeon on the recipient's immune system? But it either that, or die...I guess

Cole's transplant was in 2009. If she were HIV positive; she would not have been eligible.

by Anonymousreply 340September 16, 2017 5:44 PM

Now that's not true r340. Transplant on HIV patients were being done before this article came out.

by Anonymousreply 341September 16, 2017 5:47 PM

"I never heard that she had AIDS dementia, where did that information come from?"

Whitney was dopey to begin with. Maybe they later interpreted it as AIDS dementia.

R326, in the early 1990s there was a big scare that silicone breast implants caused Lupus. At the time I heard someone say, "well, Michael Jackson is full of silicone." He got Lupus.

by Anonymousreply 342September 16, 2017 5:50 PM

Larry Kramer got his liver transplant in 2001, after initially being denied in the 1990's. You are incorrect on this one r340

by Anonymousreply 343September 16, 2017 5:51 PM

oh I see, r342. I still dont know anything about Micheal and AIDS though.

by Anonymousreply 344September 16, 2017 5:54 PM

When Jackson died there was AIDS rumors on many sites

by Anonymousreply 345September 16, 2017 5:58 PM

MJ did not have Aids. Whitney did not have AIDS. Prince did not have AIDS. Y'ALL are crazy.

by Anonymousreply 346September 16, 2017 6:02 PM

^All three of them had

by Anonymousreply 347September 16, 2017 6:18 PM

Charlie Sheen knows who else in Hollywood is HIV-positive

Charlie Sheen knows the secrets of Hollywood, including which stars are HIV-positive.

“I know who they are, but I will take that to my grave,” Sheen, 51, teased on Wednesday’s episode of “The Kyle & Jackie ‘O’ Show,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348September 16, 2017 6:19 PM

MJ certainly did have a fatal disease. It's called drug addiction.

R347, unless you can provide us with solid proof, you're just talking out of your ass.

by Anonymousreply 349September 16, 2017 6:20 PM

Jackson, Houston and Prince

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350September 16, 2017 6:25 PM

This thread has been viewed 7,244 times. Why?

by Anonymousreply 351September 16, 2017 8:34 PM

Grace Jones

by Anonymousreply 352September 16, 2017 8:45 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353September 16, 2017 9:20 PM

Getting sick of this shit.

I am svelte and healthy. I'm fine and send my fucking love.

Re looks TERRIBLE though. I worry for her and still have my "Bye Bye Passage Celebration" song list all ready for the bash. But I do hope it's just..... age.

by Anonymousreply 354September 16, 2017 9:25 PM

It's rare that someone with pancreatic cancer manages the disease for years, and lives with it.

It was announced years ago that Aretha had it, so it's unusual that she continues to perform and live with it, apparently.

She's opening a jazz club in downtown Detroit, and is intending to make frequent appearances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355September 16, 2017 9:49 PM

Why are some person(s) on this thread so insistent on trying to convince the rest of us that Prince had AID's? He'd been married twice from the mid 90's into the early 2000's. In fact he had tried to have children with his first wife, Mayte, at least twice. Shortly after their divorce, by year 2000, Prince had become a die hard Jehova's Witness, and married again up until 2006. If Prince were to have contracted HIV which later turned into AIDs, why would he have gotten married twice and tried to have kids? By 2006, after his final divorce, he was still very religious. Not to mention, if he had contracted HIV post 2006, it is not likely at all for him to have gotten full blown aids, in this day and age, and with his wealth and access to health care. There have been rumors of his addiction issues going back as far as the mid/late 90's. He died of an opiate addiction.

by Anonymousreply 356September 16, 2017 10:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357September 16, 2017 10:46 PM

R357 "Prince contracted HIV in min-d90's but condition developed into AIDS six months ago...". You're a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 358September 17, 2017 4:24 AM

r358 , no, you're a fucking idiot, carry on...

by Anonymousreply 359September 17, 2017 4:45 AM

R358 I linked to the source

by Anonymousreply 360September 17, 2017 5:20 AM

Sad,

by Anonymousreply 361September 17, 2017 7:10 AM

Dave Gahan, Chester Bennington, Chris Cornell, Prince, Whitney Houston, Mick Jagger

by Anonymousreply 362September 17, 2017 10:59 AM

R310 how did those women become infected with HIV? I thought Donna Summer had cancer?

by Anonymousreply 363September 17, 2017 11:00 AM

Prince did die of AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 364September 17, 2017 11:48 AM

So it wasn't an overdose R364?

by Anonymousreply 365September 17, 2017 11:50 AM

Donna Summer was alledged to have become hiv positive around the mid 90's.

by Anonymousreply 366September 17, 2017 11:51 AM

Donna Summer once said Aids was a divine punishment from God

by Anonymousreply 367September 17, 2017 11:54 AM

Donna Summer, and Yul Brynner died of lung cancer. Whitney Houston, her daughter, Michael Jackson, and Prince died of drug overdoses and poor medical management (meaning MJ, specifically) Natalie Cole died of complicationss from the Hep C virus, Steve Jobs, Michael Landon, and Patrick Swayze died of pancreatic cancer, and Aretha probably has pancreatic cancer, which even when treated successfully, has a chance of returning.

Any man or woman who abuses drugs and/or alcohol, runs the risk of OD or a death due to liver and vital organs complications. Anyone who uses drugs intravenously and shares needles , spoons, cotton, water, etc, runs the risk of contracting HIV and/or Hep C, and any man or woman who has unprotected sex runs the risk of contracting a number of STDs, including HPV and/or HIV, and either or both can prove fatal, and last but not least, any man or woman who smokes tobacco can die of a host of diseases, including lung, bladder, and pancreatic cancer.

Before I forget, any man or woman who is largely sedentary without any exercise, who eats unhealthy, processed foods and carries an excess amount of weight, even a small amount around their waist line, runs the risk of a number of diseases developing, from heart disease to diabetes. The list goes on and on for that one.

Obesity and smoking tobacco are still THE leading causes of death in America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368September 17, 2017 1:01 PM

Have you ever heard of the word 'cover-up' ? R368

by Anonymousreply 369September 17, 2017 8:10 PM

Y'all do realize that someone can die of cancer and have AIDS don't you? The weakened immunity system, particularly back before the cocktail often lead to cancer. So in the 80s and early 90s when someone's obit said that they died of cancer, but everyone knew he had AIDS///well both were truths.

I am not sure about Whitney and Aretha, but I am positive that Prince did have AIDS. Even if he never once had M/M sex, you do realize that opiate addicts will occasionally inject them right? I believe that he ODed because he was becoming so weak and infirm that he had simply lost the will to go on.

by Anonymousreply 370September 17, 2017 8:36 PM

R369, why yes! I cover up anytime I leave the house, for I am a modest mouse 🐭.

by Anonymousreply 371September 17, 2017 8:59 PM

I saw Gladys Knight on Harry Connick's show recently, she looked way thinner than I remember her.

I don't think it's Gladys, I don't recall Gladys ever having drug or sex rumors floating around about her. But I did immediately notice how much thinner she looked.

by Anonymousreply 372September 17, 2017 9:04 PM

[quote]I can see Tina sleeping around in the 80's way more than I can see Retha.

You don't have to sleep around to get infected. You just have to sleep with a person who has HIV.

by Anonymousreply 373September 17, 2017 9:31 PM

It's not Tina. She's always been in tip-top shape, since the 80s at least.

by Anonymousreply 374September 17, 2017 9:35 PM

What is with all you people thinking Prince had AIDS? There is literally no logical reason to believe so.

In contrast, there has been talk of his hip problems for years, including hip surgery (which he denied or covered up), due to his wearing heals and jumping off of speakers etc. Anyone who has you know, actually seen him live, would understand this

The opiod addition makes sense given all the facts, not to mention the addiction drs who were treating him and found him dead.

What actual logic or evidence is there that he ecer was HIV +???

by Anonymousreply 375September 17, 2017 9:43 PM

R375, Not to mention the fact that a few days before Prince died his plane made an emergency landing in Moline, Il where he was given a shot of Narcan.

by Anonymousreply 376September 17, 2017 9:58 PM

R375 Well, the pharmacy tech who stated that Prince had gotten HIV meds at the pharmacy where he worked was a tip off.

by Anonymousreply 377September 17, 2017 11:20 PM

R373 tell that to R372

by Anonymousreply 378September 17, 2017 11:39 PM

Cicely Tyson

by Anonymousreply 379September 18, 2017 2:47 AM

Why do a lot of black people and some elder gays believe the theory that the government created HIV/AIDS?

by Anonymousreply 380September 18, 2017 10:38 AM

Jamie Foxx

by Anonymousreply 381September 25, 2017 9:51 AM

R380, they're both marginalized groups who have validate reasons to question the government and health industry.

by Anonymousreply 382September 25, 2017 12:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383September 26, 2017 11:44 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384September 26, 2017 10:17 PM

I still believe it could be true that Prince has untreated HIV for years and years. And that he was a STUPID IDIOT who allowed himself to die of something that could have been so easily treated.

by Anonymousreply 385September 26, 2017 10:26 PM

[quote] I still believe it could be true that Prince has untreated HIV for years and years. And that he was a STUPID IDIOT who allowed himself to die of something that could have been so easily treated.

Yes but you're not very bright R385. No near death full blown AIDS patient would have been touring the country. Even if Prince had some sort of chronic illness. A drug overdose killed him.

by Anonymousreply 386September 26, 2017 10:46 PM

He may have been "touring the country," but he was next to immobile. I saw him in ATL and I knew he was terribly ill.

And the back pain stuff doesn't quite work. But go ahead and stick to your theory that he was HIV free. I doesn't matter now does it? And while I don't know about you, I know that I have the highest regard for him regardless of what truly ended his life.

by Anonymousreply 387September 26, 2017 10:57 PM

[quote] He may have been "touring the country," but he was next to immobile. I saw him in ATL and I knew he was terribly ill. And the back pain stuff doesn't quite work. But go ahead and stick to your theory that he was HIV free. I doesn't matter now does it? And while I don't know about you, I know that I have the highest regard for him regardless of what truly ended his life

Yes he was so immobile that he was out riding his bike days before his death. And being that he spent decades dancing in heels and jumping from speakers in heels. His hips (not back) probably were shot (his knees too).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388September 26, 2017 11:04 PM

All stunts. He had AIDS. No one will tell me different. He was a musical genius. No one will tell me different. Prince was a musical genius who would have died of AIDS, if not for the overdose.

by Anonymousreply 389September 27, 2017 9:06 AM

100% R389 I find it odd that on a gay board someone seems overly invested in proving he didn't "mess around" with the guys.

by Anonymousreply 390September 27, 2017 10:49 AM

I believe the original statement put out by Prince's people that he passed from the flu was the true reason. The flu killed him because he had HIV-AIDS

by Anonymousreply 391September 27, 2017 11:04 AM

Prince was killed by opioid overdose.

Aretha was the first name that came to my mind when I saw the subject line and as they say in SAT prep, always go with the first answer you think of.

by Anonymousreply 392September 27, 2017 11:18 AM

A timeline of the last 2 weeks of Prince's life

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393September 27, 2017 3:08 PM

Could it be Carol Channing?

by Anonymousreply 394September 27, 2017 3:14 PM

Toni Braxton?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395September 27, 2017 3:38 PM

Whoopi Goldberg

by Anonymousreply 396September 27, 2017 3:49 PM

R390 I find it odd that on a "gay board" someone or several someones seem overly invested in passing 1980s level falsehoods, rooted in AIDS paranoia, around as fact. Including the idea that HIV/AIDS is a gay disease, or that you need to sleep with multitudes of people to catch it.

by Anonymousreply 397September 27, 2017 4:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398September 27, 2017 9:21 PM

Yes we know he was 8O lbs bedridden and immobile. But still managed to tour and go bike riding a few days before his death. Because that's what bedridden terminally ill immobile people do. And yes The Pulitzer Prize winning (or should be per Trump) Enquirer is totally credible. They wouldn't print it; unless it was true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399September 27, 2017 9:32 PM

Read this thread about Prince for more info

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400September 27, 2017 9:42 PM

Whatever the listed cause of her death, Donna Summer stated publicly that she (believed she) contracted cancer from inhaling the highly toxic air in lower Manhattan on 9-11 and in the days afterward.

And before it became known as AIDS (following a period in which it was termed "G.R.I.D"--Gay Related Immune Deficiency), the strange affliction cropping up in NY-LA-SF-DC and elsewhere was called "Gay Cancer."

by Anonymousreply 401September 28, 2017 12:04 AM

R397 Are you honestly stating that in this country(I say that because AIDS is a whole other animal in Africa) that AIDS is not a gay disease? I say that with all love and respect to my brothers and sisters. I do not mean that a woman cannot become HIV+, because she can easily become so. But she does not seroconvert from having sex with a man who has never had sex with a man.

We are very grown up here at DL. We don't play with PC babble. You are the one who sounds like you are mired in 1990 "Oprah speak." Remember she said that "AIDS does not discriminate, and within 5 years half of the population would be HIV+? That's what she truly believed then, as did some others. But we know different now, and it does no one any good to pretend otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 402September 28, 2017 12:29 AM

R401 contracted cancer from inhaling the highly toxic air in lower Manhattan on 9-11

What?

Its truly ironic if she died of AIDS because of what she once said "Aids was a divine punishment from God"

by Anonymousreply 403September 28, 2017 6:12 PM

Sadly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404September 28, 2017 6:47 PM

[quote] [R397] Are you honestly stating that in this country(I say that because AIDS is a whole other animal in Africa) that AIDS is not a gay disease? I say that with all love and respect to my brothers and sisters. I do not mean that a woman cannot become HIV+, because she can easily become so. But she does not seroconvert from having sex with a man who has never had sex with a man. We are very grown up here at DL. We don't play with PC babble. You are the one who sounds like you are mired in 1990 "Oprah speak." Remember she said that "AIDS does not discriminate, and within 5 years half of the population would be HIV+? That's what she truly believed then, as did some others. But we know different now, and it does no one any good to pretend otherwise.

Babbling is exactly what you are doing.

Myths about who contracts HIV

MYTH: “HIV is a ‘gay’ or ‘LGBT’ disease.”

REALITY: While rates of HIV are disproportionately higher among members of the LGBTQ community, HIV is by no means confined to LGBTQ people. Anyone—regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or other factors—can acquire HIV. Calling HIV a “gay” or “LGBTQ” disease is medically untrue and only serves to perpetuate harmful stereotypes about people living with HIV and members of the LGBT community.

Your argument =

Prince adopted an androgynous persona. He wore women's clothing and sang about sex. Therefore Price slept with men. Therefore Price died of AIDS.

Flawed/failed logic.

Was Prince bisexual? Possibly. Was he heterosexual? Possibly. If he did sleep with men. Only women have revealed details about their sexual relationships with Prince. There is no real evidence that supports either of your claims. Your rejection of whatever you believe to be political correctness" doesn't change that.

by Anonymousreply 405September 28, 2017 6:59 PM

Idiot. I said that hetero people CAN seroconvert to HIV+ just as your cut and paste states.

I also said that heteros in Africa do not count, and that is to whom your statement is referring. In this country, hetero men have almost zero sero-conversion, and hetero women, who are more vulnerable than men, only become HIV+ after having sex with a man who has had sex with a man or with an IV drug user. And IV drug addicts who are straight are also vulnerable.

I could not care less about Prince. I think he was HIV because of the fact that the CVS pharmacy tech blabbed about his AIDS cocktail prescriptions.

If you are so determined to flog your theory that AIDS is not primarily a gay disease/issue start a goddam thread and see what happens.

by Anonymousreply 406September 29, 2017 5:38 AM

R406 is right. Black women are especially vulnerable because of the large number of men in the down low. If they would live their truth, then they wouldn't feel the need to maintain relationships with women and ultimately infect them.

by Anonymousreply 407September 29, 2017 12:31 PM

[quote]contracted cancer from inhaling the highly toxic air in lower Manhattan on 9-11 ... What? ... Its truly ironic if she died of AIDS because of what she once said "Aids was a divine punishment from God"

Look it up, r403, it's easily researched.

As to your latter comment, and the "irony" thereof, Donna Summer's "death from AIDS" is due wholly to the overactive imagination of some gay men who never forget a perceived slight, despite the fact that Summer long ago disavowed the quotation alleged to be hers. She [italic]owed her career to gay men.[/italic]

Doesn't a slur en masse (especially over so serious and deadly a topic) sound just a little too pat to be believed on its face?

It's akin to the malicious whispering campaign that attempted to assassinate Sandra Bullock's character--and kill her career, painting her as a "NAZI," because she is--GASP!--German.

by Anonymousreply 408September 30, 2017 10:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409October 14, 2017 3:16 PM

R409, what part of Female African American did you not understand?

by Anonymousreply 410October 14, 2017 3:18 PM

I thought he was half black?

by Anonymousreply 411October 14, 2017 3:20 PM

Jesus. Whichever surgeon committed that ATROCITY to Em's nose needs his license pulled, STAT.

by Anonymousreply 412October 15, 2017 4:16 PM

r411: The assertion that "Eminem has some black in him," refers to his frequent riding of BBC like a rodeo champ.

by Anonymousreply 413October 15, 2017 4:20 PM

R409 wtf is up with his nose? Did he snort so much coke, heroin, or meth that the septum fell apart?

Details R413? This is the first time I've heard of him having sex with men but I would not be surprised if he's gay and on the DL. Or if he got with Elton ugh.

by Anonymousreply 414October 16, 2017 5:59 PM

from LSA:

TEA on celebs Allegedly with HIV

An insurance company called Aetna just accidentally exposed their customers HIV statuses. The list is currently only available on the dark-web. After doing some web-sluething, I found it. There's a few celebrities on the list.

1. Âreth@ Louisé Franklîn

2. Kåtrinâ Laverné Taylør (aka ˆTrinå)

3. Kårl øttø Lågérfeld

4. Séåñ Johñ Cømb$

5. Mîcah Sîerra (aka "Kátt" Williáms)

6. Çhristøphér Máuricé Brøwñ

7. Jéan-Çluade Camillé ƒrançøis Van Várenbérg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415October 16, 2017 6:05 PM

That's interesting R415. this is not surprising but damn. This smells like a lawsuit. Aetna better get ready. Wow!

For the people posting about how Prince died of HIV/AIDS, it's always possible he was HIV+ and also addicted to opiates and died of an opiate OD.

by Anonymousreply 416October 17, 2017 4:45 PM

R415, I don't recall a list. I thought that they mailed letters where HIV status was visible. How does that translate to a list of names?

by Anonymousreply 417October 18, 2017 3:49 AM

Those letters had to be typed on some computer and stored on a system.

by Anonymousreply 418October 18, 2017 1:44 PM

But what does that have to do with these letters? There was no internal hack to coincide with the mailing of the letters. This.is.fake.

by Anonymousreply 419October 18, 2017 2:03 PM

There has never been any reason to thing Prince was gay or bi other than his gender bending attitude int he 1st half of his career. He did that PURPOSELY to create attention (lyrics of Controversy: "Am I black, am I white? Am I straight, am I gay?", etc.)

Because he dressed and sometimes acted effeminately does not mean he slept with men.

Some of you are so simple minded. The man was married twice, had a baby (who died after a few days sadly) and has had relationships with women have talked in detail about their sex life.

Of course many closeted celebs have been married but 1) it's usually obvious their relationships are fake and we don't hear details from the women) and 2) there are usually rumours and allegations from male lovers.

All the empirical evidence supports the idea that Prince was hetero.

by Anonymousreply 420October 18, 2017 3:47 PM

R420, even if Prince is hetero he could have became HIV+ by having unprotected sex with HIV+ women or if he was into injecting drugs sharing needles.

by Anonymousreply 421October 18, 2017 5:06 PM

His father kicked him out of the house at 14-15-16 because he was chasing so much pussy all the time--or at least, so the legend goes.

by Anonymousreply 422October 18, 2017 5:09 PM

The androgynous appeal that Michael Jackson was crafting (and possibly Bowie and Jagger) had an unmistakable effect on Prince's presentation.

(Some trivia: the summer of 1958 saw the birth of three of the biggest-selling acts in pop music history, and all in the Midwest: Michael in Indiana; Madonna in Michigan; and Prince in Minnesota. Additionally, the name "Prince" was also one of MJ's grandfather's--hence the naming of his two sons.)

by Anonymousreply 423October 18, 2017 5:39 PM

R420 Oh there is plenty of anecdotal evidence coming from fellow attendees of "anything goes" drugs and sex parties at Paisley Park in the early nineties.

by Anonymousreply 424October 18, 2017 7:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425October 18, 2017 9:23 PM

Ah. RIP, Prince (r425)

It's funny, people said he was pretty, but you can see there that he really didn't have the face to pull off drag successfully. Not that it matters: it looks like his tongue was firmly placed in his cheek in that shot (in other words it was a gag).

But pound for pound he was BUILT for a little guy. Years ago Joan Mondale was interviewed and she talked about thrilled her kids were to have just met their idol--and fellow Minnesotan--Prince. Joan went on gushing about him, saying in amazement, "And he's about this high!"--drawing her flat palm even with her waist, lol.

by Anonymousreply 426October 18, 2017 9:43 PM

"about how thrilled..."

by Anonymousreply 427October 18, 2017 9:44 PM

George Michael gave HIV to both Aretha and Whitney. Because what I've learned from the 193 Fadi Fawaz threads - GM definitely was HIV+ (or not) and he was definitely Bi (or not.)

by Anonymousreply 428October 19, 2017 12:20 AM

R428 George Michael gave HIV to both Aretha and Whitney

Bitch please 😐

by Anonymousreply 429October 19, 2017 12:23 AM

I'm not some crazed loon who hangs out on those threads which reach Part 137, but, if you know anything about GM and his relationships and sexual habits, unfortunately, it's almost a given he was HIV+.

by Anonymousreply 430October 19, 2017 12:24 AM

If Prince was a nine-to-fiver instead of rich and famous, no one would think he was hetero, regardless of the wives and children.

by Anonymousreply 431October 19, 2017 12:27 AM

[quote]If Prince was a nine-to-fiver instead of rich and famous, no one would think he was hetero, regardless of the wives and children.

and he wouldn't have presented an andorgynous image either.

by Anonymousreply 432October 19, 2017 1:50 PM

Well, he certainly would have had the opportunities, given his situation. And if he didn't partake it wasn't necessarily down to homophobia. Hard as it may be to accept, some men just don't want to have sex with other men--any more than (most) gay men want to fuck women, despite having a genuine affection for them otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 433October 19, 2017 2:20 PM

To Aretha and Whitney? Hahaha. I am done with this thread.

by Anonymousreply 434October 19, 2017 2:21 PM

Prince was probably witness to some wild scenes. His drug usage opens the possibility that he may have experienced things that he would refused when sober.

by Anonymousreply 435October 19, 2017 2:24 PM

"would have refused"...

by Anonymousreply 436October 19, 2017 2:33 PM

Sad.😥

by Anonymousreply 437November 29, 2017 4:26 AM

So can we conclude it's Aretha then.....!?

by Anonymousreply 438December 4, 2017 7:10 PM

Bryan Adams?

by Anonymousreply 439December 4, 2017 7:12 PM

Mick Jagger and Steven Tyler

by Anonymousreply 440December 4, 2017 7:12 PM

isn't she wasting away?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441December 4, 2017 7:23 PM

Oh my dear God that's terrible

by Anonymousreply 442December 4, 2017 10:40 PM

rhoda

by Anonymousreply 443April 11, 2018 3:37 PM

Is this even true? Who is it?

by Anonymousreply 444April 13, 2018 10:02 PM

Blind Gossip = bullshit

by Anonymousreply 445April 13, 2018 10:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446August 14, 2018 12:17 AM

Zika

by Anonymousreply 447August 14, 2018 12:27 AM

Old age

by Anonymousreply 448August 14, 2018 12:34 AM

Too weird that this thread was started a year ago and here we are, a year later, talking about Aretha whose death is said to be "imminent"

by Anonymousreply 449August 14, 2018 12:55 AM

Aretha sang Touch My Body

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450August 14, 2018 1:09 AM

She also sang Hero

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451August 14, 2018 1:10 AM

Aretha Franklin's Death Is 'Imminent' as Source Confirms 'She Has Been Ill for a Long Time'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452August 14, 2018 1:13 AM

The death of a 76 yr old life long smoker, who was morbidly obese for at least 30 yrs, is imminent? You're kidding! It must be AIDS. What else could explain it . . .

by Anonymousreply 453August 14, 2018 4:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454August 16, 2018 3:36 PM

Prince

by Anonymousreply 455August 16, 2018 4:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!