Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Simply Sara's Kitchen On YouTube

Awwww, she's sweet. None of her videos allow comments. I hope people weren't making nasty comments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319May 14, 2020 10:47 PM

Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 1August 8, 2017 11:54 PM

Wtf??

by Anonymousreply 2August 8, 2017 11:55 PM

Trump supporter? She looks like she ate anyone ever named Trump three times over.

by Anonymousreply 3August 8, 2017 11:56 PM

That Chilli recipe looks damn good! Too bad I'm not into red beans or meat.

by Anonymousreply 4August 8, 2017 11:58 PM

R3 huh??? She is a great role model. So AM I. Sara cooks for me, and her husband helps me out of bed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 8, 2017 11:59 PM

I think she might have a medical condition. Kidney transplant patients and others who have to take certain types of drugs swell up like that. Remember how huge Jerry Lewis got for a few years?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 8, 2017 11:59 PM

Of course they were making nasty comments, OP.

You're probably aware that DL has hosted other threads about her. A search on DL archives found 13 previous threads.

by Anonymousreply 7August 8, 2017 11:59 PM

R7 because it's Sara posting them. Duh 🙄

by Anonymousreply 8August 9, 2017 12:00 AM

The mexican rice casserole looks really good. I'll have to try it.

She does seem sweet.

by Anonymousreply 9August 9, 2017 12:01 AM

No, I didn't bother to do a search. I didn't think anyone on DL would have known anything about her.

by Anonymousreply 10August 9, 2017 12:01 AM

WOW OP. You got just the "right" angle for the video link (though that may have been youTube.

I will say ... to cut some others (Paula Dean - and I'm just talking cooking ability, not personality) some slack, that a lot of really good cooks are overweight. Occupational hazard I guess.

I'm not going to throw Sara under the bus, but ... she will be dead by 55-60. "We" can all eat terrible (for you) food every once in a while, but clearly she has been doing it her whole life. I hope she is happy but still.

Plus ... 22,000 subs? Not setting the world on fire (yet)

by Anonymousreply 11August 9, 2017 12:02 AM

Last time there was a thread on her she turned into a DL mascot.

by Anonymousreply 12August 9, 2017 12:03 AM

Poor thing. Can't bring myself to make fun of her or make nasty remarks.

by Anonymousreply 13August 9, 2017 12:05 AM

Does her pussy stink? Smell like Crisco?

by Anonymousreply 14August 9, 2017 12:05 AM

She is Cheryl's Girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 15August 9, 2017 12:06 AM

Her ingredients for the chili appeared to be well sourced and whole foods. I wonder why she's so large. She must have some undisclosed health issue, or just cooks and eats all day.

by Anonymousreply 16August 9, 2017 12:10 AM

I'm going to make this Crazy Amish Coconut Pie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 9, 2017 12:11 AM

Oh sister, they stopped casting for "Hawaii" forty years ago.

by Anonymousreply 18August 9, 2017 12:12 AM

[quote]I'm going to make this Crazy Amish Coconut Pie.

Whoa! Did you see that pinch of salt? More like five grinds of the salt mill. Maybe she's retaining water due to all that salt?

by Anonymousreply 19August 9, 2017 12:17 AM

I just watched the coconut pie video and noticed she cracks the eggs directly into the blender. I guess she doesn't care if pieces of the shell are added to the recipe? Also, she is out of breath after eating one bite!

by Anonymousreply 20August 9, 2017 12:19 AM

She seems thin.

by Anonymousreply 21August 9, 2017 12:21 AM

[quote]and noticed she cracks the eggs directly into the blender.

My mother would scream if she saw that. "What if one of the eggs is rotten? You've ruined the whole batter. ALWAYS crack an egg into a bowl because you don't always know if the egg is rotten or not."

by Anonymousreply 22August 9, 2017 12:23 AM

Her recipes are great for those on a diet. One glance at giant jowls and I threw up.

by Anonymousreply 23August 9, 2017 12:25 AM

I've been using eggs for close to 50 years and never once have I cracked an egg bought in a grocery store that was rotten. There are too many controls on commercial egg producers practices. The only time you'd see something like that would be if you buy your eggs from someone who raises chickens in the back yard.

by Anonymousreply 24August 9, 2017 12:31 AM

that chilli is way too thin/runny..... chilli should be thicker she used too much tomato juice ( i used diced tomatoes for mine ) also the amount of salt she uses is NOT good.

by Anonymousreply 25August 9, 2017 12:32 AM

All the hate here just shows how the DL has become a nest for simpletons, millennial bores, la perfecta phonies and assholes.

"Simply Sara" is great because of the shockingly bold, brave, oddly confident, scary, pathetic and hilariously inept/basic/growing-in-knowledge qualities of the thing. Oh, she's horribly obese? Duh. That's just one part of the camp value of it all.

The loss of the capacity for camp sensibility is what shows the lowness of spirits here. Dullards who judge by the wrong standards.

"Simply Sara's Kitchen" is brilliant - but not in ways Sara would understand. In that she's your peer, prisses. Suck on that fudge brick.

by Anonymousreply 26August 9, 2017 12:33 AM

[quote]I've been using eggs for close to 50 years and never once have I cracked an egg bought in a grocery store that was rotten.

Well, my mother grew up on a farm in the 1940s, so old habits die hard.

by Anonymousreply 27August 9, 2017 12:35 AM

Other than containing way too much salt, the chili looked okay except for…tomato juice?? I can see using tomato sauce or tinned tomatoes, but as R25 points out, the sauce is much too thin. Chili needs a thick sauce, and that isn't ever going to happen by using 46 ounces of tomato juice as a base. Sara does look very sweet, though.

by Anonymousreply 28August 9, 2017 12:38 AM

She seems sweet and that's exactly why I want to see her get into healthier shape, so she can live a long and happy life. And no, I don't see her obesity as part of the camp appeal and it's cruel to even suggest so.

by Anonymousreply 29August 9, 2017 12:40 AM

If she wants to make her chili thicker she should saute the vegetables separately and hold them until later in the cooking process and just cook the meat and tomato juice much longer so some of that juice could evaporate. Then add the veggies back in about 15 minutes before the end of cooking.

by Anonymousreply 30August 9, 2017 12:42 AM

She almost died of pneumonia a few years ago and spent several months in the hospital. One of her closest friends on YouTube is a gay black man who has his own cooking channel.

by Anonymousreply 31August 9, 2017 12:44 AM

Jesus Christ! Is that one person?

by Anonymousreply 32August 9, 2017 12:45 AM

3 KTs and I'm seeing double.

by Anonymousreply 33August 9, 2017 12:47 AM

I wondered what had become of this woman and if she was still making videos. She did a video for what she referred to as a snack mix recipe. She combined a can of "party" peanuts and a couple of bags of candy corn.

by Anonymousreply 34August 9, 2017 12:50 AM

Apparently she's allowing comments on her later videos. Here's one from Aug. 2 for a simple summer watermelon salad.

Please, don't any of you bitches go over there and say hateful things to her. We now know she loves the gays, the black gays at that. That's enough to give her a pass amongst this nest of vipers at DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 9, 2017 12:52 AM

[quote]She did a video for what she referred to as a snack mix recipe. She combined a can of "party" peanuts and a couple of bags of candy corn.

Well, that's what I do when Governor Cuomo and I throw a party. I can't interrupt the cocktail hour to be putting toothpicks in meatballs or shoving miniature weenies into buns.

by Anonymousreply 36August 9, 2017 1:01 AM

That was more like chili soup, too much liquid and no diced tomatoes. Looked damn spicy and salty as well.

by Anonymousreply 37August 9, 2017 1:06 AM

Ironic how people like R26 unleash a string of vitriol attacking anyone who dares critique a person whose obesity is clearly a disaster of medically dangerous proportions, then attack any man whose athletically fit muscular body is shown and declare "steroids!" as if anyone who goes to a gym is sick.

by Anonymousreply 38August 9, 2017 1:10 AM

When the first video finishes there is a video with a very large black women wearing a green top. Did anyone watch that one? The mac and cheese she makes seems not too bad. Bad health wise but not bad taste wise. She seems nice too and what's funny is you can hear her family screaming in the next room and even using mother fucker.

Then there was this series of Great Depression cooking with this elderly woman Clara. At the beginning in 2007 she is 91. There are some where she is 93. I Googled her. Sadly she did her last one before she passed away in November of 2013 at 98. She cooks meals for the poor and they seem very tasty, again, not always healthy but back in the 30s she was young. I don't think she ate that way her entire life. Also she's Italian American and I think they stay healthy and live longer.

Really a treat of cooking videos. Thank you OP and Sara is sweet. I hope she's well.

by Anonymousreply 39August 9, 2017 1:14 AM

[quote]When the first video finishes there is a video with a very large black women wearing a green top. Did anyone watch that one? The mac and cheese she makes seems not too bad.

Notice on the counter behind her is a Popeye's Fried Chicken Box.

by Anonymousreply 40August 9, 2017 1:23 AM

[quote] Well, that's what I do when Governor Cuomo and I throw a party. I can't interrupt the cocktail hour to be putting toothpicks in meatballs or shoving miniature weenies into buns.

Let me guess Aunt Sandy the official governor's mansion menu's look something like:

Cocktails & Hors d' oeuvres

Aunt Sandy's Special Governors Mansion Cocktail (Vodka + a beverage that matches Aunt Sandy's Dress & "Tablescape")

(Virgin Cocktails for the kiddies)

"Snack Mix" (little Bricer's fav)

Salad:

Bag O' Salad

Entree:

Rib Eye Steaks Seasoned With Taco Seasoned and Covered in a Sweet Cherry Sauce

Crock Pot Pork Chops

Crock Pot Mac & Cheese

Served With Aunt Sandy's Dinner Cocktail (White Wine + Vodka + mixed with whatever beverage matches Aunt Sandy's Dress & "Tablescape")

Dessert:

Kwanzaa Cake

Aunt Sandy's After Dinner Cocktails (Bourbon + a beverage that matches Aunt Sandy's Dress & "Tablescape")

(Virgin Cocktails for the kiddies)

Various Chocolates filled with various types of liqueur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 9, 2017 1:25 AM

Yes, lol, R40 I noticed that. I laughed to myself when I saw that. Also she had dozens of eggs just sitting on the counter. I know in France they don't refrigerate eggs because they usually get them right from the hens but I have a feeling she doesn't live in France and those are supermarket eggs. But all in all her recipe seemed pretty good for eating maybe once a year.

I confess while I have not had it in decades I love Velveeta and Cheese Whiz. I think to this day you have to use Cheese Whiz to make authentic Philly cheese steaks. But she also used some of real cheese. I wonder how she put those eggs in that hot pasta and then added the hot cheese sauce without the eggs scrambling. She didn't temper them first at all. It seem to come out pretty good without making a roux first. I may try it some day only a much smaller amount. I live alone.

by Anonymousreply 42August 9, 2017 1:34 AM

" I live alone."

We know, dear.

by Anonymousreply 43August 9, 2017 1:37 AM

r42, in her fried chicken segment she says she lives in the Washington DC area. And while the chicken is frying, she tells us she's ALSO an Avon representative and gives us information about how we can order Avon from her.

Also, in the chicken segment, she tells us she's using 2% milk because the store she went to didn't have whole milk in the quart size and she didn't need a gallon of whole milk. I had to laugh at that because obviously none of her kids drink milk.

by Anonymousreply 44August 9, 2017 1:42 AM

She's no Ryan Engel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 9, 2017 1:52 AM

45 posts & NO ONE noticed she looks exactly like Trigglypuff ??!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 9, 2017 2:25 AM

She almost died. :-/

She previously inspired a long discussion about "watergate salad" which directly caused me to make the damn thing - due to the depths of discussion taking place & my freakish curiosity. It was fairly gross, but I felt I'd made an achievement DLers would celebrate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 9, 2017 2:32 AM

[quote]She did a video for what she referred to as a snack mix recipe. She combined a can of "party" peanuts and a couple of bags of candy corn.

Whoa! Who does she think she is-- Julia Child?

by Anonymousreply 48August 9, 2017 3:02 AM

[quote]Does her pussy stink? Smell like Crisco?

It has too -- it would be the only way you could find it.

by Anonymousreply 49August 9, 2017 3:02 AM

I think she's adorable.

by Anonymousreply 50August 9, 2017 3:11 AM

Nothing beats Auntie Fee feeding several people for three dollars. Nothing. Rest in peace, Aunt Fee. Too bad she is gone.

by Anonymousreply 51August 9, 2017 3:42 AM

[quote]When the first video finishes there is a video with a very large black women wearing a green top.

That's SoulfulT

Her recipes are actually great. I did her baked ziti and it was delicious. I'll be doing other recipes as well. Her peach cobbler is better than Simply Sara's.

I love these Youtube cooks. Much better than the pro stuff on TV.

by Anonymousreply 52August 9, 2017 4:53 AM

I haven't watched the chili vid, but here's what I know about her kind of chili.

My mother, meat-and-potatoes (and cake and pie) ex-Amish, learned how to make chili in the upper midwest, taught by her neighbors. It was some weird stuff, and it sounds like how you're describing Sara's.

It is hamburger, an entire can of tomato juice, chili powder (or one of those packet seasoning mixes), canned tomatoes, canned kidney beans, chopped onions and/or dehydrated minced onion, and bell pepper. If you're feeling fancy, add a pound of pre-cooked Creamettes or American Beauty macaroni.

I have a friend who is a renowned Southwestern chef who grew up in North Dakota, and his mother made "chili" the same way.

by Anonymousreply 53August 9, 2017 5:35 AM

At least she' cooking !

by Anonymousreply 54August 9, 2017 9:27 AM

lol R54.

She seems like a sweetheart. With her personality, appearance and shoddy production values, she's picked up where the Two Fat Ladies—that charming British cooking show from the 90s—left off.

by Anonymousreply 55August 9, 2017 10:15 AM

Holy shit R5

by Anonymousreply 56August 9, 2017 10:29 AM

She's too cute.

by Anonymousreply 57August 9, 2017 10:29 AM

I haven't attempted to make any of her recipes, but they do seem high in salt.

My mom always made chili in the crockpot and it got nice and thick. Wouldn't runny chili just be a tomato soup?

by Anonymousreply 58August 9, 2017 10:47 AM

Her chili may have been more 'liquidy' than others you've seen but it certainly was not that bad. Just cooking it longer with the lid off would have thickened it up nicely and she probably should not have rinsed the beans first. She washed off all that starch that helps thicken up the sauce. Chili is not a health food no matter how you make it so rinsing the beans was a waste of time and the dish probably suffered for it.

by Anonymousreply 59August 9, 2017 1:27 PM

R59 I always rinse the kidney beans but what I do is mash about 1/4 cup of them and this helps to thicken the chili. I started leaving the lid off it as well, I just check as it's simmering and put the lid on if it's getting too thick. I'm making chili now thanks to Sara, should be ready in 1/2 hr.

by Anonymousreply 60August 9, 2017 2:05 PM

I'd rather eat Sara's food than Sandra Lee's. Sandra is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 61August 9, 2017 2:30 PM

I watched her make some kind of macaroni salad thing years ago. I just remember her emptying out a big jar of mayonnaise and mixing it with vinegar.

by Anonymousreply 62August 9, 2017 2:36 PM

And she added sugar and condensed milk to that macaroni salad too. Unusual but I like her!

by Anonymousreply 63August 9, 2017 2:40 PM

The thing I couldn't get over was all the sugar. Various Redditors and bloggers have tried making her recipe and said it was revolting sugary glop. That said, the macaroni salad seems to be one of her few duds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 9, 2017 2:42 PM

Chili can be healthy if you use ground turkey. Also she used very lean beef, 90/10 she said. The rest of what goes into chili is healthy, onions, peppers, beans, tomatoes or tomato juice, which you can get unsalted what's not healthy? As for as she said, add that and spices to YOUR taste.

by Anonymousreply 65August 9, 2017 2:43 PM

Auntie Fee was hysterically funny—if she hadn't died, I know she would have gotten a reality show eventually. You had to admire her ability to make something tasty out of utter crap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 9, 2017 2:47 PM

What I don't know about chili is a lot!

On The Big Bang Theory, Sheldon Cooper is offered some chili that was made by Raj's sister, Priya. She says that she learned the recipe from her room mate from Texas in college.

"Does it have beans in it?" he asks.

"Yes" Priya responds.

"Then it's not real chili, real chili doesn't have beans in it." Sheldon retorts.

Discuss..........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67August 9, 2017 3:26 PM

Fancy Texas chili

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68August 9, 2017 3:30 PM

She also made these taco lettuce rolls that looked pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 69August 9, 2017 3:34 PM

Spiced Chicken Ginger Lettuce Wraps

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70August 9, 2017 4:03 PM

Taco Cups

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 9, 2017 4:04 PM

"...she's picked up where the Two Fat Ladies...left off."

Because she ate them.

by Anonymousreply 72August 9, 2017 4:07 PM

Fuck Texas chili. Chili without beans is like sex without a climax.

by Anonymousreply 73August 9, 2017 4:08 PM

Who introduced beans to chili in the first place and why?

by Anonymousreply 74August 9, 2017 4:15 PM

No matter how sweet Sarah is, or how much love she has for minorities and gays, the fact remains that she needs to lose weight.

I love to cook for myself and others. That being said, I prepare foods that are good, whole foods. I lay off the flour, sugar, salt, and bad carbs. I don't eat everything I make in one sitting. I eat small meals. I also make sure to hit the gym and sweat like crazy for an hour per day.

Obesity is the number one health problem in our country. It is a horrible, debilitating disease. Spend some time with an obese person who is still ambulant, and you will visibly notice that the person can barely breathe when walking SHORT distances. Obesity makes people prisoners to their bodies, much like any other debilitating disease.

The good news is that you can make a decision to lose the weight, and become healthy. Yes, it requires sacrifice, and an entire revamping of one's life, however, it is not more difficult than becoming physically disabled.

by Anonymousreply 75August 9, 2017 4:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 9, 2017 5:28 PM

Sheldon is right! No beans in chili!!

by Anonymousreply 77August 9, 2017 6:51 PM

Her chili is a lot like mine except I use canned tomatoes. And a little ketchup. Anything with canned tomatoes needs sweetness to me.

by Anonymousreply 78August 9, 2017 7:09 PM

I understand cooking without measuring cups or spoons, but MAN her estimations are WAY off.

by Anonymousreply 79August 9, 2017 7:13 PM

R70 have you made the recipe you posted? It seems a little too much of too many things that don't meld well went into that sauce, but I am curious to hear from someone here who made her recipe.

by Anonymousreply 80August 9, 2017 10:54 PM

I'm curious to hear what Sarah's doctor says to her during her annual physical.

Something tells me she doesn't even have an annual physical.

by Anonymousreply 81August 9, 2017 11:13 PM

Sandra Lee's food, for what the show was about, was in most cases perfectly fine. The whole premise of the show was combining fresh ingredients with store bought ready made ingredients to come up with a tasty dish that didn't require a huge amount of effort. It was supposed to be for busy people who didn't have a lot of time to devote to from scratch cooking and for people who simply didn't enjoy cooking that much. She had some misses, but she had plenty of hits too. There's not a TV chef who ever existed who hasn't presented dishes on their shows that at times were disgusting to some people.

by Anonymousreply 82August 10, 2017 1:30 AM

R82, I think that the problem here is that Sarah's appearance is what's disgusting to some people.

I think Sarah would have a far larger audience if she showed people how to prepare delicious meals AND lose weight at the same time.

Americans LOVE an underdog, and Sarah would become an instant icon if she were to make a plan and a goal to lose her first 100 lbs alongside her YouTube subscribers. Imagine the inspiration others would get if they saw someone just like them accomplish something so unlikely, all on their own, without a national TV show!

I'm not even overweight, and I know for sure that I would watch something like that regularly if it existed.

by Anonymousreply 83August 10, 2017 1:45 AM

[quote]There's not a TV chef who ever existed who hasn't presented dishes on their shows that at times were disgusting to some people.

It's nice to see Governor Cuomo visits DL regularly.

Sandra Lee's show was laughable. There were very few dishes that anyone would want to eat from her "cooking." And Rachel Ray was already doing the "open a bag of salad" shtick for those who were too busy or lazy to cook.

by Anonymousreply 84August 10, 2017 1:48 AM

Actually Rachel's original 30 minute meal show was good and the last time I could stand her. It was real cooking and real food. There were very few short cuts. The only thing I didn't like from the get go was that she did that Food Network orgasm face when she tasted her food. All the female stars at that time did that. Towards the end of the run she just stopped tasting the food.

And surprise, surprise most of the meals she showed really could be made in roughly 30 minutes, even with prep, as she did the prep on the air so it wasn't much different at home. Maybe an extra 5 or 10 minutes as knife skills and oven and stove temps vary.

As for Sara, she doesn't look normal fat. She looks like something is wrong with her. I'm not making an excuse. I've seen a lot of obese people and they look fat in different way. I wonder if she is on some kind of anti rejection medication or strong steroids. When I was 20 I had to take steroids for brain swelling, very strong dose. I gained over 40 pounds the first month. Eventually 36 more in the year I was on them. I was sweating so bad I left wet spots through my winter coat when I sat. I was hot all the time. I had to have custom made shoes for none came wide enough to fit my swollen feet. My fingers were so swollen I couldn't use my hands to even brush my own teeth.

When the steroids were tapered down slowly the diuretics started to work. It still took me almost another year of peeing every 8 - 10 minutes to get back to normal and then my skin just hung from gaining and losing so quickly. I'm now in my 60s and I'm still very ashamed of my sagging skin. Even my face ended up looking older than my years from sagging skin. I had fat cheeks and no neck like Sara. I could never afford the surgery which was considered cosmetic. I've been normal weight ever since with no special diet or exercise. It was the steroids, life saving at the time, but very damaging to the body in such high doses. I also ended up with very weak bones for life and for several years diabetes which thank god went away.

by Anonymousreply 85August 10, 2017 2:58 AM

"if she were to make a plan and a goal to lose her first 100 lbs "

Over the course of what, 20 years?

"I'm curious to hear what Sarah's doctor says to her during her annual physical. "

That they've discovered a new continent?

by Anonymousreply 86August 10, 2017 8:06 AM

I wonder if she takes big splattery shits.

by Anonymousreply 87August 10, 2017 12:23 PM

I made her pumpkin bread today using apple sauce instead of oil and it is fantastic. I also took her suggestion and added some shredded coconut.

I must say, looking at her video selection she has an amazingly large repertoire of dishes. Things I would have never dreamed she would even know about.

Love her pussy cat sitting by observing the process.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 14, 2017 11:54 PM

She seems sweet. I'm sure she has high blood pressure and diabetes, though.

by Anonymousreply 89August 15, 2017 12:04 AM

Yeah, but she'll die happy. LOL

by Anonymousreply 90August 15, 2017 12:12 AM

Yes, she seems sweet, but as every other Captain Obvious, who's said it already, I will agree and say that she needs to lose weight. She's not chubby, she's morbidly obese.

Why is it so easy for people to tell smokers that they will die of cancer, but it's considered an insult to tell fat people to stop eating? Stop eating = I care about you and want you to live. No offense.

by Anonymousreply 91August 15, 2017 12:13 AM

She does seem sweet. I am going to remind myself what makes gays better than straights, that is, to be kind and sensitive to people struggling.--I'm not going to comment on her body. I may try her recipes. Thanks OP.

by Anonymousreply 92August 15, 2017 12:27 AM

[quote] Sandra Lee's food, for what the show was about, was in most cases perfectly fine. The whole premise of the show was combining fresh ingredients with store bought ready made ingredients to come up with a tasty dish that didn't require a huge amount of effort. It was supposed to be for busy people who didn't have a lot of time to devote to from scratch cooking and for people who simply didn't enjoy cooking that much. She had some misses, but she had plenty of hits too. There's not a TV chef who ever existed who hasn't presented dishes on their shows that at times were disgusting to some people

Aunt Sandy is someone who enjoys decorating; who was given a cooking show. Her "cooking" even by her own "semi homemade" standard was an abomination. She also seems like a sweet person though. A sweet person who should never have be given an instructional cooking show.

by Anonymousreply 93August 15, 2017 12:41 AM

R26 You're fat, we get it.

R91 Because there is an entire "civil rights" movement dedicated to promoting obesity. They've come up with lies such as "people just have different builds", "being fat doesn't mean you're unhealthy" and "reducing your calorie intake will make you gain more weight". Fat people are now considered an "oppressed" group.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 15, 2017 12:48 AM

I am stunned that dataloungers are being nice to her! She seem the ultimate Frau!

I think I might love her too but I have such hard time understanding her!

by Anonymousreply 95August 15, 2017 12:52 AM

I think she's a doll (and I like Lesbians and fraus, too).

by Anonymousreply 96August 15, 2017 1:05 AM

[quote] I am stunned that dataloungers are being nice to her! She seem the ultimate Frau! I think I might love her too but I have such hard time understanding her!

R95 You forgot that this is not the first thread dedicated to Sarah.

by Anonymousreply 97August 15, 2017 1:13 AM

Yes she's fat and unhealthy. But so are so many professional chefs. Look at that pig Mario Batali. But no one says a word about his big fat ass, I assume because he's a celebrity. Frankly I'd give sweet simple Sara a pass on her weight long before I would that thieving crook Batali.

by Anonymousreply 98August 15, 2017 1:38 AM

She said in another video her husband has tourettes.

Its sad that she gets out of breath after speaking for only about 30 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 99August 15, 2017 1:40 AM

Here's her husband. I think Sarah is holding the camera and the poor thing sounds like Darth Vader.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100August 15, 2017 4:31 AM

R100 Darth Vader? Where do you hear that?

by Anonymousreply 101August 15, 2017 4:52 AM

The heavy breathing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102August 15, 2017 5:12 AM

My mom made that coconut pie recipe but called it Impossible Coconut Pie. I make it too and it is great. Very easy and comes out like a giant coconut macaroon.

Saras kitchen looks very clean. Cluttered, but clean.

by Anonymousreply 103August 15, 2017 6:02 AM

I never before heard someone breathe heavily from the overexertion of breathing.

I was fascinated by her salting that little pot of chili twice - 20 seconds each time.

by Anonymousreply 104August 15, 2017 6:23 AM

To taste r104. She always says "to [your] taste". 40 seconds sounds about right for Taco Bell levels.

by Anonymousreply 105August 15, 2017 6:47 AM

Her husband mentioned "Huntington" so I'm assuming they live in W. Virginia. Her husband speaks very well and they obviously have found a shared passion which is expanding their cooking repertoire. They're obviously simple country folk and I think it's great that they are interested enough in other food cultures that they take the time to experiment with making all those dishes.

by Anonymousreply 106August 15, 2017 2:45 PM

My eldergay eyes may be deceiving me, but she seems to have lost a little weight in the Pumpkin Bread video.

by Anonymousreply 107August 15, 2017 3:04 PM

[quote] Her husband mentioned "Huntington" so I'm assuming they live in W. Virginia. Her husband speaks very well and they obviously have found a shared passion which is expanding their cooking repertoire. They're obviously simple country folk and I think it's great that they are interested enough in other food cultures that they take the time to experiment with making all those dishes.

Yes its wonderful that there are at least 2 West Virginians who aren't completely functionally retarded

by Anonymousreply 108August 15, 2017 3:18 PM

I like her and her recipes but she needs to lose weight. She won't live long with that kind of breathing

by Anonymousreply 109August 15, 2017 3:27 PM

But her selling point is her fatness ;) We wont we talking about her otherwise

by Anonymousreply 110August 15, 2017 3:32 PM

Does Lydia's pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 111August 15, 2017 3:33 PM

I'm pretty sure Sara has something going on healthwise other than simply obesity. I think the obesity might be a direct result of whatever her health issues are.

In Garten is fat as a pig too. Why aren't we castigating her about her weight and ranting about how she needs to lose weight?

by Anonymousreply 112August 15, 2017 4:18 PM

Ina farts alot. She releases gas quite often and its smelly.

by Anonymousreply 113August 15, 2017 4:38 PM

[quote] In Garten is fat as a pig too. Why aren't we castigating her about her weight and ranting about how she needs to lose weight?

Ina at Sara's age and Ina now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 15, 2017 6:30 PM

Sara

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115August 15, 2017 6:30 PM

At least Ina has a neck. Sara's face, chest and shoulders have seemingly merged into one.

by Anonymousreply 116August 15, 2017 6:34 PM

Sara probably has a good 100lbs on Ina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117August 15, 2017 6:36 PM

I hope Willam needs finds here. Oh, lawd, it'll be brutal.

by Anonymousreply 118August 15, 2017 6:40 PM

I hope Willam never finds her. Oh, lawd, it'll be brutal.

by Anonymousreply 119August 15, 2017 6:41 PM

I'll type this in a language you understand r119.

Hwo ut Willam? Translation: Who is Willam?

by Anonymousreply 120August 17, 2017 10:03 AM

Does her pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 121August 17, 2017 10:44 AM

"I'm curious to hear what Sarah's doctor says to her during her annual physical."

I found your spatula..

by Anonymousreply 122August 17, 2017 10:46 AM

If you try one of her recipes tell us how it turned out.

by Anonymousreply 123August 20, 2017 10:57 PM

her table spoons seem very generous.

by Anonymousreply 124August 20, 2017 11:56 PM

Is she dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 125August 21, 2017 8:03 PM

Ah leave her alone. Until I find out she voted for Trump she seems like a nice girl. Other than herself who is she hurting? Besides, we don't know why she's so fat. She's not fat looking in a normal way. I think she has some kind of illness.

by Anonymousreply 126August 22, 2017 12:52 AM

Its certainly not because she likes to cook and eat, R26.

by Anonymousreply 127August 22, 2017 1:21 AM

Does her pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 128August 22, 2017 1:28 AM

Just because Sarah is a fat bitch doesn't mean she's a bad person. Her heart might be as big as her body.

by Anonymousreply 129August 22, 2017 2:02 AM

R128, see R49 for your answer.

by Anonymousreply 130August 22, 2017 2:19 AM

Hers is not a regular obesity... something glandular is the culprit...

by Anonymousreply 131August 22, 2017 2:22 AM

Homemade mouth wash for you penny pinchers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132August 22, 2017 2:34 AM

R129 made me cry-laugh.

by Anonymousreply 133August 22, 2017 2:39 AM

Tomato juice? Don't drain the ground beef? Even better, ground beef? Cheddar cheese and sour cream? How much salt did she use? 1/4 cup?

I'd like to say I don't care about her weight. But come on. She has taken a recipe that could be nutritious and support a healthy weight and turned it into a fat and sodium bonanza. Eat a traditional chili and you don't have to worry about your stomach getting so big you can't see your cock. Eat this and watch your stomach grow and your cock disappear.

by Anonymousreply 134August 22, 2017 2:57 AM

I love OP! You're such a TROLL. Btw she could have a glandular issue or perhaps she was abused sexually and just decided "fuck it". I know this is DL and there's always a bitchfest but I'm surprised not all of you are saying nasty things about her. As for her being a Trump supporter.....just because she's large doesn't mean she is, I know plenty of Jewish people who happily voted for Trump (no not a anti-semite).

by Anonymousreply 135August 22, 2017 3:06 AM

R135 sounds like a frau who doesn't understand the gay terminology she's attempting to pass with. And not "all of" us are saying nasty things.

How about cunting somewhere else, you little clot dropper you?

by Anonymousreply 136August 22, 2017 3:10 AM

If you watch her recent videos you'll notice she's no longer allowing her face to be shown in the videos, but you'll also notice that when she speaks she's not constantly out of breath as she was in her videos from a couple years ago. I hope that means her health has improved. She sounds much more vigorous in her recent videos. I watched the Crazy Amish Coconut Pie video from a couple years back and I actually thought she was going to pass out from lack of oxygen during the video. The poor lady couldn't even finish many of her sentences because she'd be out of breath.

by Anonymousreply 137August 23, 2017 3:04 AM

[quote]Actually Rachel's original 30 minute meal show was good and the last time I could stand her. It was real cooking and real food.

Agreed, say what you will about her but I loved Ray's 30 minute meals. Making real food with real ingredients in simple, non time-consuming ways. Prepared lots of things from her.

I'll pass on Sara's creations...

by Anonymousreply 138August 23, 2017 4:00 AM

She seems like the type who farts alot! An Ina clone.

by Anonymousreply 139August 23, 2017 5:17 AM

She has a webcam show where you can watch her take a shit. Go to: watchMeMakeDooDoos.com

by Anonymousreply 140August 24, 2017 5:14 PM

Long before the comments were made private her husband answered a question from his own account. I clicked on his channel and he had favorited a lot of pagan and metal videos as well as one about how to administer an enema.

So, at least they're not fundies.

by Anonymousreply 141August 24, 2017 5:26 PM

She and Jamie (husband) have a teenage son.

by Anonymousreply 142August 24, 2017 11:51 PM

[quote]If you watch her recent videos you'll notice she's no longer allowing her face to be shown in the videos, but you'll also notice that when she speaks she's not constantly out of breath as she was in her videos from a couple years ago. I hope that means her health has improved.

Would love it if she's working on her weight and she's planning an unveiling at some point.

by Anonymousreply 143August 26, 2017 10:14 PM

That's be awesome, R143

by Anonymousreply 144August 26, 2017 11:37 PM

Fat or thin she seems like a nice person and she's a fairly good cook. I wish her the best and hope whatever her health condition she's able to heal and if it's just overweight that she's able to conquer it. It's not easy by any means. There is no way to lose a large amount of weight without going hungry. No, salads don't fill you up, nor does going without carbs or eating a lot of protein. The combination of all is what fills you up and a decent amount. I'm content with a 3 oz. portion of meat, chicken or fish and a small potato or small portion of rice or pasta as my weakness is chips or anything salty and crunchy. So I can just stay away from that one food. If I had to give up most everything I'd have a problem. To lose a lot of weight you really do have to give up a fulling portion of almost everything except lettuce.

Also if you have to add in exercise it really sucks if you're not the kind who likes to work out. I'm not. I walk. That's my exercise, that and cleaning my apartment.

So far I'm lucky not to have a weight problem but who knows what the future will bring and if I would have what it takes to restrict foods because when your metabolism goes bad as you get older even the amount I eat would most likely be too much, especially if I don't exercise a lot or can no longer walk too much.

I wish Sara the best. I never heard of her before the thread here but now I've watched a few and like I said, she seems really sweet and nice. I admire her for putting herself out there in connection with food. I'm sure there were plenty of nasty remarks.

by Anonymousreply 145August 27, 2017 12:12 AM

It's great to see so many posts rooting for this couple. They seem to have created a nice life that satisfies them. They do love preparing food and sharing that love online.

by Anonymousreply 146August 27, 2017 12:22 AM

The link to her blog in OP's video is dead -- so where can you find her recipes online? I don't want to wade through a video and write everything down.

by Anonymousreply 147August 27, 2017 3:37 AM

Just frog on YouTube and type in Simply Sara. All her videos come up.

by Anonymousreply 148August 27, 2017 3:49 PM

I meant, log into. Stupid autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 149August 27, 2017 3:50 PM

I don't want her videos, I want her recipes.

by Anonymousreply 150August 27, 2017 5:03 PM

[quote]I don't want her videos, I want her recipes.

Here you go:

a can of tomatoes, juice and all

2 pounds hamburger

cheese, cheese and more cheese

and then eights times all the way around the pot with a salt shaker

by Anonymousreply 151August 27, 2017 5:08 PM

OP didn't want the woman to have any nasty comments, so he/she posts her clip on DL. That's like giving a dog fleas because you don't want him to scratch.

by Anonymousreply 152August 27, 2017 5:10 PM

She and Jamie are a cute couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153August 27, 2017 9:10 PM

To get her recipes you have to watch her video. That's the point of making the videos.

by Anonymousreply 154August 27, 2017 9:19 PM

But apparently she used to have a blog where she had the recipes typed out, so you could print them. It's gone now. As I said, no one wants to copy down a recipe from a video.

by Anonymousreply 155August 28, 2017 2:47 AM

Soulful T is Simply Sara with more, well, soul. Her videos give you a warm fuzzy feeling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156March 10, 2018 7:08 PM

She loves to cook and eat

by Anonymousreply 157March 10, 2018 7:12 PM

I love watching her videos. I really like her.

by Anonymousreply 158March 10, 2018 7:58 PM

Whenever I see someone that fat, I always think that there’s a person inside there somewhere, who’s wrapped in some kind of coat like a pig in a blanket.

by Anonymousreply 159March 10, 2018 8:28 PM

R159 You remind me of something very close to your analogy. I heard this many years ago.

I had a close friend who was a therapist. She once chose to share details with me about a mutual client (I know, that was a real professional violation of the responsibility to her client and she soon wised up.) The male client was grossly obese. He described regularly getting takeout at multiple places and eating as many as 4 whole roasted chickens at one dinner time meal. He mournfully described it as carrying a house around himself as a comfort zone to shield his sensitivity and painful emotions from the world.

by Anonymousreply 160March 10, 2018 9:25 PM

Funny, on the new Weight Watchers plan chicken is a free food, so if the 4 chickens was all he ate he'd still be on a diet. WW says the 200 free foods are free because it's very unlikely anyone would over eat them, like fruits and any kind of meat or fish. WW hasn't really learned all that much about what drives people with every serious eating disorders yet, have they?

by Anonymousreply 161March 10, 2018 9:50 PM

I love her, and that girl knows how to cook! Too many cooking shows call for exact measurements, but the secret to good cooking is to ballpark things and add ingredients (esp. spices) "to taste."

Also, re online recipes... I make a test batch first according to recipe, then I make a real batch using whatever is lacking. Salt content is usually too low in order to make the online recipes "healthy."

I've never received bad cooking advice from someone who loves to eat. (grammar police, I'm the object in this sentence so stfu).

by Anonymousreply 162March 10, 2018 10:24 PM

R156 I'm making that tomorrow. DAYUM does that sound good!

by Anonymousreply 163March 10, 2018 10:30 PM

I’ve watched every episode I think.

by Anonymousreply 164March 10, 2018 10:47 PM

Is she Sarah Huckabee Sanders's personal chef?

by Anonymousreply 165March 10, 2018 11:04 PM

R164 no way, my Sara uses cayenne. Too "Mexican" for Ms. Huckabee.

by Anonymousreply 166March 11, 2018 12:23 AM

Peggy Hill, your apple brown betty missing secret ingredient.....called FLAVOR!

by Anonymousreply 167March 11, 2018 12:30 AM

[quote]Funny, on the new Weight Watchers plan chicken is a free food,

Even fried chicken? Because I could seriously over eat fried chicken.

by Anonymousreply 168March 11, 2018 12:30 AM

Why does Soulful T have all those egg cartons?

by Anonymousreply 169March 11, 2018 12:34 AM

IiRC they were a donation for her church or a local charity.

Fresh eggs can actually be stored outside of the refrigerator for 30 days without spoiling, maybe longer. It's a totally sealed system unless cracked. Old timers stored eggs in an egg basket on the counter and no one died because they were not refrigerated.

I am grateful I was schooled by my neighbor and friend, an old school egg farmer with the best eggs I have ever eaten or baked in souflees, cakes or cookies.

by Anonymousreply 170March 11, 2018 2:19 AM

I read in France they never refrigerate eggs. Then again most of them are literally farm fresh, not supermarket eggs that have been sitting there for god knows how long.

by Anonymousreply 171March 12, 2018 1:48 AM

In fairness to Sara, it is true that the camera adds 10 pounds. Though why she'd want 30 cameras in the room is a mystery :)

by Anonymousreply 172March 12, 2018 1:54 AM

I watched her macaroni salad video and surprisingly she personally isn’t really annoying at all. She is sweet. Not that I’m going to watch any more of her stuff, but I throughly I’d toss my vote of confidence out there.

by Anonymousreply 173June 29, 2018 2:44 AM

Does she make fat people food?

by Anonymousreply 174June 29, 2018 2:48 AM

I saw that a guy was doing a tribute to her on YouTube by doing one of her Christmas recipes a couple days ago and he said she wasn’t doing well. Anyone know any details?

by Anonymousreply 175July 7, 2018 7:35 PM

I saw one of her old videos discussing being admitted to the hospital; she didn't say what the health issue was, though. I'm assuming she has a chronic condition.

by Anonymousreply 176July 8, 2018 1:25 AM

The macaroni salad had condensed milk in it! Gag...

by Anonymousreply 177July 8, 2018 1:32 AM

Simply Sara has a thread dedicated to her while Youtube icon Emilia Fart has never even been mentioned? This is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 178July 8, 2018 1:37 AM

[quote]Does she make fat people food?

You mean like soylent green? It actually makes more sense to eat the fat than the old. Both full of toxins but at least the fat are richer and more succulent.

by Anonymousreply 179July 8, 2018 2:09 AM

I discovered Simply Sara a week or so ago, when this thread was bumped. I've had a shitty couple weeks sitting vigil by my mother's bedside at the hospital. At some point you can't watch, or read, any more news (so depressing & aggravating, when you're already depressed & stressed out). You start looking for anything to divert your attention.

I found something very soothing & relaxing about Sara's videos. Something about her voice is so sweet and gentle......."to your taste", "if you want", and "whatever you want to do." Sara's videos & news bloopers (my favorite laugh) got me through those long hours at the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 180July 8, 2018 8:36 AM

R180 Yes, I agree Sara does a good job at helping you forget the stresses of life, if only for a couple minutes. She is a kind soul and I really hope she is not seriously ill.

by Anonymousreply 181July 8, 2018 7:19 PM

c'mon, people! one of you here must have contact info for someone in-the-know that you could contact to check on her wellbeing.

this is one of the few threads i have read on here that were truly kind.

by Anonymousreply 182July 8, 2018 7:35 PM

I like her use of the entire onion, all the spice, and the two cans of beans, but not the tomato juice and would use half the amount of salt. I think the people freaking on the cheese and sour cream are over the top, as it didn't seem excessive, especially considering the 90% lean mince. Fat people don't really bother me at all, but anorexics, bulimics, and those who starve themselves do.

by Anonymousreply 183July 9, 2018 10:44 PM

I hope she’s doing okay.

by Anonymousreply 184July 9, 2018 10:48 PM

R183, so there are only people with eating disorders based on your post; “Fat people, anorexics, bulimics, and those who starve themselves”. Whatever the fuck that lady category is.

How about those who actually enjoy eating healthy food and living a healthy lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 185July 9, 2018 10:50 PM

Why do people read in things not there R185? I merely made a statement saying fat people don't bother me, especially on cooking videos... I don't think those with starvation-type syndromes make very compelling chefs. They bother me personally, in general. Why do I need your flack defending her. She isn't doing an educational video on healthy eating per se... Just cooking what she likes and knows. Healthy people can indulge in decadent unhealthy food all the time and still be healthy overall. WTF is your point anyway?

by Anonymousreply 186July 9, 2018 10:59 PM

R186, I think your blood sugar is low. Grab a Snickers.

I never criticized Sara. I would not eat most of her dishes, but I can watch and enjoy her videos.

You’re the one who felt the need to falsely categorize people into different eating disorder categories which I simply pointed out in my post.

by Anonymousreply 187July 9, 2018 11:10 PM

Don't get upset, R183/186. R185/187 is obviously in denial about a major eating disorder and is irritable, having had only a glass of water and a stick of celery today.

by Anonymousreply 188July 9, 2018 11:39 PM

R187 I didn't falsely categorise any such thing. I simply made a statement reflecting my own opinion. Chefs like Giada (skeletor's bride) who do spit takes after tastings are creepy chefs who do not inspire me. I enjoy many rich foods, and would eat Sara's chili. (unlike you) I never said there were only opposite extremes, and cannot fathom how you gathered I feel that way from my post. BTW, my blood sugar isn't low, and I don't eat Snickers. I get irritated by people like you who seem to pick a fight and take umbrage with things your twisted little brain wrongly infers. Go eat your your insipid vegan dinner. Turnabout is fairplay, so I'm assuming you indeed subsist on celery.

by Anonymousreply 189July 10, 2018 12:13 AM

Cheers R188

by Anonymousreply 190July 10, 2018 12:14 AM

I think people were, hence the change to no comments and not appearing often in the videos. I like her. Yeah she's a Trump supporter probably but she likeable and down to earth.

by Anonymousreply 191July 10, 2018 12:27 AM

No, no, keep fighting girls, because it's such a pleasure for the rest of us to read.

by Anonymousreply 192July 10, 2018 12:33 AM

R180, I'm very sorry that you're going through that. I know what it's like.

by Anonymousreply 193July 10, 2018 12:37 AM

[quote] Why do people read in things not there [R185]?

Because some people are just that way. They aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about or someone to hate or put down. Very simply, they're sick. Sick in the head.

by Anonymousreply 194July 10, 2018 12:38 AM

[quote] Yeah she's a Trump supporter probably

I don't think she'd be a Trump supporter at all. She's a country girl who enjoys learning new cooking techniques and recipes and I'll bet she religiously watches cooking shows. I get the feeling she's very liberal in her ideology. And the fact that you would automatically assume because she's from the south and, as you would probably call her, a "hick", that she is a Trump lover shows just how prejudiced so many liberals can be. I'm embarrassed for you.

by Anonymousreply 195July 10, 2018 12:44 AM

I love Simply Sara. Her recipes are really good, and she rocks a caftan like you skinny bitches wish you could.

by Anonymousreply 196July 10, 2018 12:46 AM

Her Mac and Cheese recipe -- I would love to dip my face in the pan. There is a bit too much cheese in it for my digestive system, but THAT is how you make Mac and Cheese.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197July 10, 2018 12:51 AM

R195 Talk about reading into things. Call her a hick? Because she's from the south? Shit don't worry about me, be embarrassed for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 198July 10, 2018 12:52 AM

[quote]that she is a Trump lover shows just how prejudiced so many liberals can be. I'm embarrassed for you.

That's seems a big overreaction. The vast majority of whites in small towns voted Trump, she might not have, but if you had to bet you would say yes. The same way you would assume a black person probably voted for Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 199July 10, 2018 12:52 AM

Ugh, Not* r191

by Anonymousreply 200July 10, 2018 12:52 AM

Oh my GOD, do you people have to drag that abomination of a Cheeto into every thread?

We are talking about Simply Sara and how much we like her. Don’t spoil it, please.

by Anonymousreply 201July 10, 2018 12:53 AM

True r201,

Back to her videos, I was just checking out the mac and cheese, man, two cups of heavy cream!

[quote] but THAT is how you make Mac and Cheese.

I like mac and cheese, but I don't think it needs two cups of heavy cream.

by Anonymousreply 202July 10, 2018 12:59 AM

shut up, bickering fucknuckles (thanks, other thread!)!

this is Sara's thread and you are required to be NICE.

by Anonymousreply 203July 10, 2018 1:00 AM

Chicken con Broccoli - she does love her whipping cream, but she does mention that you can use half and half, whole milk, even skim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204July 10, 2018 1:05 AM

R202, cream doesn’t always make it creamy. It can get a little greasy. I make mine with a bechamel made with whole milk.

I have a friend (Japanese!) who makes it with Campbell’s cheddar cheese soup. She even gave me a can of it to try, but I haven’t yet.

by Anonymousreply 205July 10, 2018 1:05 AM

[quote] cream doesn’t always make it creamy. It can get a little greasy.

Exactly. Her "gooey" mac and cheese is because it is greasy as fuck, so greasy I have to imagine it affects the texture and flavor.

I like fat and use plenty when I cook, but more and more fat doesn't always mean better.

by Anonymousreply 206July 10, 2018 1:12 AM

Farmers Market Pasta Salad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207July 10, 2018 1:15 AM

This is her black friend, who's also a terrific cook. Don't know if he's gay or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208July 10, 2018 1:16 AM

She made a corn on the cob recipe featuring a stick of butter and milk. You can also had a few tablespoons of sugar if you'd like and then butter the cob when it's done.

Saturated fat notwithstanding, she is a sweetheart. In another video, she demonstrated how to peel green beans for those who have never done it.

Thanks for posting OP, she's very soothing and a good distraction to what's going on right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209July 10, 2018 1:17 AM

R197 I agree the Mac & Cheese looks divine. Two cups cream out of three cups liquid total isn't too much really, as it was a huge amount of macaroni. The end result after baking was still so creamy, I don't believe milk alone could yield that texture.

by Anonymousreply 210July 10, 2018 1:43 AM

[quote]Kavanaugh and Gorsuch both went to elite Georgetown Prep in Bethesda, Md., followed by Ivies. Do people still pretend this is not a classist nation? Do they?

Gurl, please.

Classically mac and cheese is made with 3 cups of milk. Substituting heavy cream for two of those cups of milk adds an additional 168(!) grams of fat versus using whole milk.

by Anonymousreply 211July 10, 2018 1:52 AM

Lol, meant to reply to this

[quote] Two cups cream out of three cups liquid total isn't too much really

by Anonymousreply 212July 10, 2018 1:53 AM

R211 make it with milk then. I eat a ketogenic diet and suffer epilepsy and am within healthy weight range, (workout five times a week and walk & bike everywhere) so I'm not avoiding fat. Heavy cream keeps a sauce from "breaking" which can happen when the dish is put into the oven to bake. Half & Half doesn't offer this protection. I'm with Sara, as I like it creamy!

by Anonymousreply 213July 10, 2018 2:26 AM

r209 Who peels green beans?

by Anonymousreply 214July 10, 2018 3:14 AM

R214 We've always topped and tailed and then deveined them.

by Anonymousreply 215July 10, 2018 3:57 PM

Maybe was pealing (or hulling) green peas, not green beans.

by Anonymousreply 216July 11, 2018 1:12 AM

Or maybe she was pealing butter beans. They're green right out of the hull.

by Anonymousreply 217July 11, 2018 1:12 AM

Bacon Jam. I'd remove the balsamic and add more brown sugar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218July 14, 2018 2:35 PM

[quote]I read in France they never refrigerate eggs

No Europeans refrigerate eggs. But american egg farming is monstrous

by Anonymousreply 219July 14, 2018 2:39 PM

Lots of us refrigerate eggs out of habit, even though it's unnecessary. Plus, my OCD prevents me from letting that cute egg basket in the fridge go empty.

by Anonymousreply 220July 14, 2018 2:52 PM

[quote]Why do people read in things not there [R185]?

Because on social media, some people define themselves by how they scold others for their shortcomings. If they don’t demonstrate those shortcomings clearly enough, you just have to help them along a bit.

by Anonymousreply 221July 14, 2018 2:56 PM

[quote]I can't interrupt the cocktail hour to be shoving miniature weenies into buns.

Tell me about it.

by Anonymousreply 222July 14, 2018 3:31 PM

[quote]I'm curious to hear what Sarah's doctor says to her during her annual physical

When she got on the scale, he was heard to say, “Holy shit! That’s my phone number!”

She may be nice, but her face looks like a thumb with eyeglasses.

by Anonymousreply 223July 14, 2018 3:32 PM

Sara has the same Corelle dishes my mother has!

by Anonymousreply 224July 14, 2018 3:43 PM

Most countries in Europe do not need to refrigerate eggs because they do not wash their eggs before they are put on sale. In the US (and a few other countries) egg manufacturers immediately wash all the eggs almost immediately after being laid. This washing removes a natural coating the eggs have that keeps bacteria out. Most European eggs are not processed in any way before they go on sale. Our eggs are literally dyed, fried, and laid to the side before the grocery stores ever see them. Not only do we wash the protection off them we then spray oil on them to replace that natural layer meant to keep bacteria out. It's basically the pathological way companies are in the US about cleanliness. And I have little doubt that the food and drug administration is behind all this ridiculousness.

Of course, one this this all means is that in countries that do not wash their eggs you'll definitely end up with eggs that have chicken feces on the shells. It's then up to the consumer to wash the eggs just before they crack them open.

by Anonymousreply 225July 15, 2018 12:29 PM

I can't stop watching. She seems such a sweet lady. Hilarious when the cats show up too.

by Anonymousreply 226July 21, 2018 4:57 PM

I am not sure why she put imitation cool whip into the Ambrosia fruit salad? Sour cream, or plain yogurt are better, and go well with the coconut, and sweetness of the mandarins, and pineapple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227July 21, 2018 5:08 PM

Thanks OP. I am addicted.

by Anonymousreply 228July 21, 2018 5:09 PM

When I first saw her here on datalounge she was making this. I feel bad for her, and hope she is making money from YouTube.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229July 21, 2018 5:11 PM

That looks delicious R208, but I prefer phad Thai with lots of very spicy hot chilies, some tamarind, tofu, and vegetables.

by Anonymousreply 230July 21, 2018 5:18 PM

She's obese and disgusts me but I'd love to stay at her house for a week, or well maybe a hotel not far away, and eat her cooking for a week. I'm an enthusiast for trashy cooking like this. It's delicious. She is the master chef of this type of food. You just can't eat that much of it. That's why I'd only stay there a week.

by Anonymousreply 231July 21, 2018 6:06 PM

R213, be careful the whole ketone/ketogenic diet is actually bad for you. Yes you lose weight but you are essentially starving yourself, and harming your body and vital organs. It is much healthier to eat less, eat well balanced meals, and exercise more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232July 21, 2018 6:10 PM

R232, there is nothing wrong with eating protein, “good” fats and a variety of leafy and cruciferous vegetables.

What organs are damaged by quitting sugar and starchy foods?

by Anonymousreply 233July 21, 2018 6:16 PM

[quote]cruciferous vegetables.

Oh, Jesus!

by Anonymousreply 234July 21, 2018 7:52 PM

R233 keto is very bad for your kidneys, heart, and liver. You basically are asking to become diabetic by making your blood sugar extremely low. Carbs are needed in moderation for energy.

If you want a healthy diet to go on, eat a Mediterranean diet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235July 22, 2018 11:34 PM

R235, the ketogenic diet has been around now for over 100 years. It was developed originally to treat epilepsy, as the previous poster said he uses it. There is a lot of research on it, and none of it suggests that the ketogenic diet causes diabetes.

In fact, research shows that people on KD become healthier, have healthier blood chemistry, and lose weight. People with T2 diabetes are often completely healed after being on the KD for only a few months. It is entirely possible to eat a healthy KD without the excesses imposed by fat whores, such as steak and bacon 3x a day. A keto diet can be done while eating lots of low-carb vegetables, lean meat, and appropriate vegetable oils.

There is probably a linkage to being less active, eating too many digestible carbohydrates for that low level of physical activity, and various types of autoimmune and inflammatory illnesses. But the link isn't explored much, because the carb farming and food processing industries are adamant that nobody disparage the good name of corn and wheat, or dare suggest that people would be healthier if they severely curtailed their consumption of them.

by Anonymousreply 236July 23, 2018 3:39 AM

After Trump and all his minions are run out of the White House, will Sarah Huckabee Sanders start a Youtube cooking show like Simply Sara? She could call it "Simply Sarah."

by Anonymousreply 237July 23, 2018 11:04 PM

and now it's a Trump thread.

by Anonymousreply 238July 23, 2018 11:14 PM

Her body is a wonderland.

by Anonymousreply 239July 24, 2018 12:01 AM

Does Simply Sara practice a keto diet? It would explain her kidney issues that R6 posted about. I know a guy who had a kidney transplant and he did not look like Sara or Jerry Lee Lewis but he lost weight, and his face looked all gaunt and he is not HIV+, and this was decades before PREP/Truvada or even the HIV post exposure meds.

by Anonymousreply 240July 24, 2018 2:16 AM

R232 I appreciate your concern, but I have found the diet has almost eliminated my seizures. I am off the meds, and have one seizure only every 9-12 months, rather than a couple a week, or sometimes even two in one day. Sometimes I have an aura, but if I lie down, the seizure doesn't come. Again, I'm not following this plan to lose weight, but rather suffer from EPILEPSY. I'm sticking with success, and my Neurologist's endorsement.

by Anonymousreply 241July 25, 2018 7:27 AM

R232 And BTW, I don't know why you are suggesting I exercise more... If I did any more, I would more than likely die. Since I am no longer allowed a licence to drive, I bike and walk everywhere, in addition to hitting the health club five nights a week.

by Anonymousreply 242July 25, 2018 7:37 AM

I adore Simple Sara, but I do wonder if she notices her husbear pings

by Anonymousreply 243August 3, 2018 10:43 PM

They can't be having sex, R243, so why would she care?

by Anonymousreply 244August 3, 2018 11:30 PM

Sara has not been posting videos for over a month now. Wonder what happened?

by Anonymousreply 245August 5, 2018 4:48 PM

[Quote]Sara has not been posting videos for over a month now. Wonder what happened?

She's still eating supper.

by Anonymousreply 246August 5, 2018 5:24 PM

Miss,

With all due respect, I have Tupperware to move.

Simply,

Sara

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247August 5, 2018 6:27 PM

Sweet Sara is back posting. Glad to know the worst did not happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248September 2, 2018 10:29 AM

She was on Facebook all along.

by Anonymousreply 249September 2, 2018 10:54 AM

I don't do Facebook. Never have, never will.

by Anonymousreply 250September 2, 2018 11:19 AM

I feel very bad for her.

by Anonymousreply 251September 2, 2018 11:23 AM

Me too, r251. I feel sorry for anyone this size. Despite what the "healthy at every size" movement contends, there is no way to be morbidly obese and healthy. Day-to-day existence must be agonizing if you're 350, 400, 450+ lbs.

by Anonymousreply 252September 2, 2018 11:26 AM

her chili recipe wasn't bad at all. I don't like green pepper so I'd use red bell pepper and I'd add finely chopped celery. otherwise it was fine. Also don't use as much salt, etc as she does. But I have to draw the line at the tomato juice No. Use tomato sauce and I also like to throw in cherry tomatoes I've cut in half. Here's a tip. If you accidentally over season chili, or BBQ sauce and they're too hot, add a table spoon of brown sugar.

by Anonymousreply 253September 2, 2018 11:54 AM

The show should be called Sara's Simply Eating Far Too Much.

by Anonymousreply 254September 2, 2018 12:51 PM

John McCain's mother is 106 years old! NO ONE gets to 106 years old weighing 400lbs!

by Anonymousreply 255September 2, 2018 12:52 PM

R255, his daughters won't live as long as their grandmother or maybe even as long as their father.

by Anonymousreply 256September 2, 2018 1:03 PM

I have never heard of putting tomato juice in chile, I use crushed tomatoes

by Anonymousreply 257September 2, 2018 1:06 PM

You use tomato juice or tomato sauce if you don't want your chili more like a stew.

by Anonymousreply 258September 2, 2018 3:13 PM

[quote]John McCain's mother is 106 years old! NO ONE gets to 106 years old weighing 400lbs!

Why on earth would anyone WANT to live to 106? Let's face it, once you're 90, you're probably not enjoying life very much.

by Anonymousreply 259September 2, 2018 7:08 PM

[quote] Why on earth would anyone WANT to live to 106?

Why on earth would you ask such a question. It's not a matter of wanting to live to 106. What's she supposed to do, just kill herself?

by Anonymousreply 260September 4, 2018 1:26 AM

r260 My mother did, at 93.

by Anonymousreply 261September 4, 2018 1:45 AM

Yikes! Sorry r261. How did she go?

by Anonymousreply 262September 4, 2018 4:26 AM

[quote]Her Mac and Cheese recipe -- I would love to dip my face in the pan. There is a bit too much cheese in it for my digestive system, but THAT is how you make Mac and Cheese.

I think the bigger problem is using a metal utensil to make the roux. You can hear the scraping against the pot. Terrible. She should be using a wooden spoon.

by Anonymousreply 263September 4, 2018 4:52 AM

Hers isn't an ASMR channel, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 264September 4, 2018 5:10 AM

Can you imagine r264?

An entire 20 minutes of nothing but Sarah’s labored breathing?

by Anonymousreply 265September 4, 2018 5:27 AM

I find her videos so comforting. She seems like a sweet woman..

by Anonymousreply 266September 4, 2018 5:38 AM

Fuck me. She gives a twist to the phrase pig in a blanket.

by Anonymousreply 267September 4, 2018 5:50 AM

r262 Took an overdose of one of her heart medications. And planned it so that I would find her.

by Anonymousreply 268September 4, 2018 4:42 PM

I’m sorry, r268. That sounds like some serious mind games.

by Anonymousreply 269September 5, 2018 6:05 AM

Sarah takes a huge dump for her viewers. An apple dump cake that is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270October 17, 2018 11:30 AM

Sara plays with balls. Buckeye balls to be exact.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271October 23, 2018 12:36 AM

Has anyone seen Sara and Trigglypuff in the same room at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 272October 30, 2018 9:54 PM

She ate Triggly.

by Anonymousreply 273October 30, 2018 9:56 PM

"I find her videos so comforting."

Because your own obesity is small by comparison.

"She seems like a sweet woman.. "

...who foists her gluttony on others and is an exemplary morbid obesity statistic.

by Anonymousreply 274October 30, 2018 9:58 PM

I love her. I watch her videos plus her Tupperware vids.

by Anonymousreply 275October 30, 2018 10:00 PM

And you masturbate at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 276October 30, 2018 10:00 PM

R274 Stay pressed hunty!

by Anonymousreply 277October 30, 2018 10:06 PM

Her health. She's going to have to stop preparing/eating all this extraordinarily fattening food sooner or later. Everything is sugar and animal fat. Her cholesterol level and that of her family must be off the charts. At this point, she wouldn't even have to exercise for weight loss. The only thing she'd have to do is switch to fresh fruits and vegetables/lean meats and eating sensibly. She'd probably drop over ten pounds during the first week. Her health.

by Anonymousreply 278October 30, 2018 10:40 PM

Who are all these people posting? I can’t see them.

by Anonymousreply 279October 30, 2018 10:42 PM

And then I found this from 2015

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280October 30, 2018 10:48 PM

Prader Willi for sure.

by Anonymousreply 281October 31, 2018 12:57 AM

She’s a doll.

by Anonymousreply 282November 20, 2018 10:29 PM

She's been promoted to Tupperware manager! Go Sara!

by Anonymousreply 283December 4, 2018 2:52 AM

big girls

by Anonymousreply 284December 4, 2018 2:56 AM

What does that mean in the Tupperware world?

by Anonymousreply 285December 4, 2018 3:16 AM

She's now eligible for a free Tupperware coffin.

by Anonymousreply 286December 4, 2018 3:46 AM

I am so hungry

by Anonymousreply 287February 14, 2019 7:29 AM

she's a good cook

by Anonymousreply 288February 14, 2019 7:30 AM

r5 this woman has since passed on right? my goodness poor thing

by Anonymousreply 289April 9, 2019 2:23 AM

she passed gas

by Anonymousreply 290April 9, 2019 2:34 AM

I am physically nauseous after watching her and listening to her breathe. I’m all for a good fat shaming, but seriously, she is going to be dead soon because of her weight.

by Anonymousreply 291April 9, 2019 2:59 AM

I hope not. She has such sweet soul and the world really needs that these days.

by Anonymousreply 292April 9, 2019 3:06 AM

How can anyone see her soul under all that fat?? Christ!

by Anonymousreply 293April 9, 2019 3:09 AM

She's a Cancer, born July 2, 1979. She'll be 40 this year. Cancerians are known to be homebodies and fond of spending time in the kitchen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294April 9, 2019 4:23 AM

Sarah's been posting up a storm!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295December 18, 2019 7:11 PM

i like this hillbilly woman. lots of old southern recipes, but she will go jesus. she does not seem to be a bigot though/

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296December 18, 2019 10:22 PM

Simply Sara's back and she's got the recipe you've been waiting for: Old Fashioned Bologna Salad!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297February 5, 2020 7:38 PM

Bologna salad... that’s a new one for me. Sara can do no wrong in my book. I think she’s sweet, not a bad bone in her body. She looks bigger than ever tho (with all due respect) and I wish her health in the future.

by Anonymousreply 298February 5, 2020 7:52 PM

This bologna salad recipe takes the, um, cake.

by Anonymousreply 299February 5, 2020 8:45 PM

The bologna salad is similar to a ham salad my mom used to make from leftover Easter ham. No cheese, though.

Sara is just such a sweetie pie. I found her revolting until I watched the video and then I understood why people like her. She’s very comforting. Her arms are so much smaller than I imagined. She may be one of those people with the worst kind of fat distribution.

by Anonymousreply 300February 5, 2020 9:42 PM

Oh my god, when she starts grinding those blocks of bologna, and the squelchy noise... and the camera angle.

by Anonymousreply 301February 5, 2020 10:06 PM

Im not taking cooking lessons from a fat pig

by Anonymousreply 302February 5, 2020 10:11 PM

I've watched her for years. She's actually very sweet, talented and has an amazing repertoire. I was always afraid she might be right-wing, but she's never done or said anything on her videos to make me think that. I've watched others of the same genre, only to have them say something that confirms my fears - then I cut them off.

by Anonymousreply 303February 5, 2020 10:18 PM

Why doesn’t she have her own network show? I mean if Paula Deen can have one...

by Anonymousreply 304February 5, 2020 10:25 PM

she probably has a glandular problem. just because she likes to cook doesn't mean she eats any more than the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 305February 5, 2020 10:58 PM

[quote]Old Fashioned Bologna Salad!

Can we make it with real old-fashioneds?

by Anonymousreply 306February 5, 2020 11:43 PM

She is GOALS!

by Anonymousreply 307February 5, 2020 11:43 PM

I immediately liked her

by Anonymousreply 308February 5, 2020 11:46 PM

She needs to toss out the sugar and learn to cook with healthy oils, use less meat and more fruits and vegetables. Can you imagine her and Mrs. Crocombe of English Heritage doing a collaboration?

by Anonymousreply 309February 6, 2020 12:07 AM

Fruit = sugar, r309

by Anonymousreply 310February 6, 2020 12:48 AM

Meat doesn’t make you fat. It can affect cholesterol but it’s not going to make you gain weight. Fruit will make you gain weight.

by Anonymousreply 311February 6, 2020 12:49 AM

She went vegetarian and seemed to be heading in a healthier direction after her last stint in the ICU, but it didn’t last long.

She made a few soups and curries that weren’t full of processed crap but before long she was back to her usual style of cooking only with Gardein (or similar) instead of real meat.

And now it looks like she’s right back to where she started. I hope she gets it together before it’s too late because she really does seem like a sweet person.

by Anonymousreply 312February 6, 2020 12:55 AM

Sara needs to learn a thing or two about portion control. That aside, I love her channel. x

by Anonymousreply 313February 6, 2020 1:01 AM

Sara is definitely bigger than ever now. Has she address that in a video?

Guess not, what we should say?

by Anonymousreply 314February 13, 2020 2:05 AM

RIP Sara

by Anonymousreply 315February 13, 2020 2:43 AM

She's sweet because she has glucose for blood.

by Anonymousreply 316February 13, 2020 2:52 AM

I'm just happy that Trigglypuff found a constructive outlet for all that energy of hers! :)

by Anonymousreply 317February 13, 2020 2:55 AM

I love her Tupperware collection

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318May 14, 2020 9:34 PM

Well, I'm just amazed at her kitchen skill. Isn't there ANYTHING she can't make obscenely, unnecessarily, horrifyingly fattening? I can't wait to see what she does with a tea bag!

by Anonymousreply 319May 14, 2020 10:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!