Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What facial skin products do you swear by?

What facial skin products do you swear by?

Tell us the products or family/cultural recipes that have help and improved your skin.

by Anonymousreply 195February 21, 2021 8:32 AM

IT RUBS THE LOTION ON ITS SKIN.

by Anonymousreply 1August 6, 2017 2:32 AM

I do the oil cleansing method.

And a serum.

by Anonymousreply 2August 6, 2017 2:34 AM

moisturizer with sunscreen in the day

Retin A (bought cheap from India) at night

It is all you need

by Anonymousreply 3August 6, 2017 2:39 AM

Dr. Hauschka EVERYTHING and NO soap on the face. Only oil or cleanser. SRSLY

by Anonymousreply 4August 6, 2017 2:49 AM

Night routine: Cold cream and a warm damp wash cloth to remove the day's dirt, grime, and oil. I then use a "soapless" facial cleanser, followed by a high-quality facial serum, then moisturizer to seal in the products.

Morning routine: Same soapless facial cleanser, same high-quality serum, followed by sunscreen-moisturizer.

by Anonymousreply 5August 6, 2017 3:02 AM

[r5] name the facial serum and other products.

by Anonymousreply 6August 6, 2017 3:04 AM

SPF only.

by Anonymousreply 7August 6, 2017 3:09 AM

What's the cheapest way to buy salicylic or glycolic acid products? Thnx

by Anonymousreply 8August 6, 2017 3:24 AM

Classic Pond's (cold cream); Kiehl's (facial cleanser); Perlier *Honey Miel Royal Gold Elixir (serum and moisturizer), and Josie Maran Argon Oil Moisturizing sunscreen (48 spf).

*Made from natural honey and Royal Jelly.

I've been using most of these products for years; I'm 48 years old and have not a line on my face.

by Anonymousreply 9August 6, 2017 3:26 AM

Emu oil

by Anonymousreply 10August 6, 2017 4:22 AM

The BEST moisturizer is a steal at $30 CAD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 6, 2017 5:00 AM

R9 is unanimous in that!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 6, 2017 5:11 AM

I've also started applying straight emu oil to my face at night (and before shaving), and it's made a big (positive) difference in my skin. Skin looks healthier, more even, razor burn is reduced). I gave up on Retin-A because it always left my skin looking inflamed, even at .025% (I'm also on very low dose-accutane, taking both together is probably a no-no). I also use M2 MAMA lotion (with malic and mandelic acids) on my t-zones. I like it, but it's pricey and dries to a tacky/sticky feel. The next addition will be a vitamin-c serum applied before the emu oil at night. (oh, I'm 48)

by Anonymousreply 13August 6, 2017 5:21 AM

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

by Anonymousreply 14August 6, 2017 7:18 AM

LOAD.

by Anonymousreply 15August 6, 2017 8:12 AM

No facial products. A little bit of shampoo comes in contact during a shower, but that's it. Face gets rinsed with water only in the shower. Maybe once a month, a quick use of astringent to rid of excess oil, then rinsed off right away. Lotions/creams/soaps don't work for me, they mess with the natural balance.

by Anonymousreply 16August 6, 2017 8:25 AM

We emus are happy to be of service!

by Anonymousreply 17August 6, 2017 8:45 AM

None. Love thick skinned men. Nothing worse than a shiny faced queen.

by Anonymousreply 18August 6, 2017 9:00 AM

Where have you been all my life!?

by Anonymousreply 19August 6, 2017 9:07 AM

Ah-HEM!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 6, 2017 10:21 AM

Soap and water.

by Anonymousreply 21August 6, 2017 10:38 AM

I'm thinking of going soapless as well and just use one of those cleansing oils. Some say it makes a world of difference.

I use French green clay to scrape off the upper layer of my skin regularly and my face looks great after. I've been looking for a product that contains both salicylic and glycolic acid, but I've had no luck so far.

by Anonymousreply 22August 6, 2017 11:24 AM

I love Mario Badescu products. The enzyme cleansing gel and their seaweed toner is tops. I also use their vitamin c serum at night.

by Anonymousreply 23August 6, 2017 12:27 PM

I also like Mario Badescu facial masks. The flower & tonic is great in the summer when my skin gets oily and congested. In the fall/winter I switch to their rose hips mask.

by Anonymousreply 24August 6, 2017 1:05 PM

Princess Marcella Borghese because Queen Helena may have a better title, but she is trash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 6, 2017 2:01 PM

I'm presuming this is a thread for all those plucked eyebrow Iranians (sorry, "Persians") & Pakistanis one sees in the clubs these days?

by Anonymousreply 26August 6, 2017 6:26 PM

1 TBSP of cold-pressed Olive Oil / day. Yes, I swallow (!).

Not only does it nourish the skin and hair from the inside, it also has cardiovascular benefits as well. My arteries are just as thankful as is my skin.

We have a Lab. From the time she was a precious pup, her Vet advised Fish Oil capsules to aid her joints as she aged. She is now 8 yrs. old. Her coat is not a traditional "Lab Coat"; rather, it is still as soft as it was when she was a precious pup. Proof.

by Anonymousreply 27August 6, 2017 8:51 PM

The "Perlier" products listed in R9 are manufactured by R25's manufacturer. Same family owns and manufacturers both brands, the "Borghese" family.

by Anonymousreply 28August 6, 2017 8:59 PM

Philosophy Purity. It looks like jizz and there's a lot of dumb bullshit written on the bottle, but I'll never wash my face with anything else again.

by Anonymousreply 29August 6, 2017 9:05 PM

r29, philosophy purity made simple is yellow. jazz is white/clear looking like cetaphil.

by Anonymousreply 30August 7, 2017 11:27 AM

Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 7, 2017 11:29 AM

Do any of you own a derma roller or microneedling device? Need recommendations.

by Anonymousreply 32October 8, 2017 4:29 PM

Sulfuric acid and pliers.

Oh, you mean for MY face.

by Anonymousreply 33October 8, 2017 4:38 PM

Noxema daily since puberty.

by Anonymousreply 34October 8, 2017 4:44 PM

We have vain and pretentious guy like you guys in my office. His skin is so greasy moisturized and shiny that people laugh behind his back. He thinks he is gorgeous---but is vanity worth being the butt of office jokes?

Give me a manly, athletic tan anytime over that puffy, doughy mess.

by Anonymousreply 35October 8, 2017 4:49 PM

Well I don't use name brand products, but my mother always brings me home made Pearl cream( Concha Nacar) from Mexico. This is something the natives used to do to erase scars and skin care. They take the emulsion out of sea shells and pearls and either make a cream or or a solution that you apply to your body.

Best treatment I had when I hit puberty and got acne.

by Anonymousreply 36October 8, 2017 4:52 PM

Age Fitness Eye Advanced from Biotherm for eyes and Lubriderm for the entire face and body.

The Biotherm product really works.

I also use Nivea for men scrub from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 37October 8, 2017 5:32 PM

r35, there is a difference between taking care of your skin and having that greasy look.

by Anonymousreply 38October 8, 2017 7:25 PM

Cellex-C advanced C serum to minimize wrinkles for years, and it worked.

by Anonymousreply 39October 8, 2017 9:42 PM

R35, what's so manly about tanning? That's for vain straight bimbos.

by Anonymousreply 40October 8, 2017 9:48 PM

You have to find out what's best for your skin. I see people recommending Retin A, vitamin C, and Glytone. All of those products made my skin burned, red, swollen, irritated, painful. Not temporarily, either. They never stopped burning my skin.

But they work fine for other people. Everyone's skin is different.

by Anonymousreply 41October 9, 2017 4:08 AM

R30, depends upon whose jizz is being considered.

by Anonymousreply 42October 9, 2017 4:15 AM

Differin

by Anonymousreply 43October 9, 2017 9:22 PM

Philosophy’s When Hope Is Not Enough serum.

by Anonymousreply 44October 9, 2017 11:54 PM

Boraxo

by Anonymousreply 45October 10, 2017 12:08 AM

Mario Badescu vitamin c serum

by Anonymousreply 46October 10, 2017 12:10 AM

Timeless C-serum; clear Elta sunblock; CeraVe cleanser and lipid replenished moisturizer; Roc retinol alternated with Retin-A depending if skin is too irritated . Hardly any wrinkles. C, a retinol ( gentler A than an RX retinoid) , and a sunblock daily are probably my recommendations for almost anyone but start slow. Good moisturizers can be very cheap , as well.

by Anonymousreply 47October 10, 2017 12:42 AM

Macca root face protector - regular or SPF 15 - from The Body Shop.

by Anonymousreply 48October 10, 2017 12:46 AM

Kiehls. Neutrogena. Billy Jealousy. Borghese. Tom Ford Mud.

by Anonymousreply 49October 10, 2017 1:09 AM

Witch Hazel.

by Anonymousreply 50October 10, 2017 2:02 AM

What source of Retin A from India do you recommend?

by Anonymousreply 51October 10, 2017 2:09 AM

Oil cleanse with avocado oil, Skin Biology Skin Signals serum. Reviva glycolic acid cream about twice a week.

by Anonymousreply 52October 10, 2017 2:15 AM

Renee Rouleau Triple Berry Smoothing Peel. It's a face mask and it's divine. It's on the pricey side, but a little goes a long way and I've had a jar last me over a year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 10, 2017 2:35 AM

Also, here is a really good article about Retinol and Retinoids that Renee wrote. Those of you who have tried it before and it didn't work might find the article helpful too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 10, 2017 2:37 AM

Day: Avene Lipid Replenishing Cleanser; Vitamin C serum; Neova Creme de la Copper; Chanel moisturizer that smells like camelias (Hydra Beauty Micro Creme); Chanel CC Creme.

Night: Avene Lipid Replenishing Cleanser; Avene Retrinal 0.1%.

If I had to choose just one: the Avene Retrinal. It is awesome. Retin-A with minimal discomfort.

And, water and avocado oil. Internally.

by Anonymousreply 55October 10, 2017 2:48 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 56October 10, 2017 3:09 AM

This thread is useless without pics.

by Anonymousreply 57October 10, 2017 3:29 AM

If anyone needs proof that marketing really, really works, they only need to read this thread.

by Anonymousreply 58October 10, 2017 3:40 AM

I use retinaldehyde.

by Anonymousreply 59October 10, 2017 3:41 AM

I swear by The Scroll of Thoth, lamp oil, and blistering desert heat. Preserves one BEAUTIFULLY and at 46 centuries, nary a line on my face!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 10, 2017 4:40 AM

Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash. Keeps your skin oil free all day long. It doesn't dry my skin either

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 10, 2017 4:43 AM

There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this, there is no catharsis; my punishment continues to elude me, and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself. No new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.

by Anonymousreply 62October 10, 2017 4:49 AM

R62, do you say all that when you wash your face?

Are any of the posters women?

by Anonymousreply 63October 10, 2017 5:02 AM

The Boscia facial cleaner in a black pump is good (Sephora). I hate any moisturizer or SPF that stings my eyes, so I use a "mask" in the evening (cream) to make my skin look younger, but I'm not a fanatic. Fuck sunscreen.

I am partial to Lancome, but I'm sure there is something decent at the drugstore.

Don't overwash.

Right now I have a fucking herpes lesion on my chin, so avoiding all products.

by Anonymousreply 64October 10, 2017 12:36 PM

r64, pig.

by Anonymousreply 65October 10, 2017 12:38 PM

I've been taking a teaspoon of MSM daily for the past three years as I had a terrible problem with constant herpeses on my lips (weak immune system, I guess). Supporting your skin from the inside is as important as the products you use topically.

R53 That sounds so fucking good and like everything I've ever wanted, but I could never afford it. I'll have to stick to cheaper stuff.

by Anonymousreply 66October 10, 2017 12:52 PM

It's all the same lard and perfume.

by Anonymousreply 67October 10, 2017 4:03 PM

I read R62 in the voice of that old ad for, I think, Obsession perfume.

by Anonymousreply 68October 10, 2017 11:19 PM

use nothing. most of these products are full of chemicals that make your skin dependent on them, and the effects are only temporary. if you stopped using them, your skin would go back to being in a worse state than if you had never used them at all. plus, they give the skin an artificially shiny, plasticy texture like you see on celebrity women and models. good skin is soft, smooth, and matte, usually the kind you see on people who do nothing but splash water on their faces.

by Anonymousreply 69October 10, 2017 11:34 PM

r69 is ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 70October 11, 2017 11:21 AM

Thanks for the tip r66

by Anonymousreply 71October 11, 2017 12:23 PM

R69, just water isn't going to help dryness, wrinkles, or acne. And you need a cleanser to clean dirt, grime, and makeup (if you wear it)

by Anonymousreply 72October 11, 2017 2:41 PM

Just follow this morning routine, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 11, 2017 2:43 PM

r66, try the serums from The Ordinary. They are really good and most of them cost under $10. I have used a lot of high end products and I am really impressed by everything I have tried from The Ordinary.

by Anonymousreply 74October 12, 2017 10:43 AM

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

by Anonymousreply 75October 12, 2017 10:46 AM

Has anyone purchased/used the PMD microdermabrasion device?

by Anonymousreply 76October 13, 2017 1:00 PM

This shit is like a fucking facelift in a bottle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 13, 2017 1:02 PM

R77, if only it wasn't advertised as "cruelty-free." This is the Datalounge, remember?

by Anonymousreply 78October 13, 2017 1:13 PM

This shit is like a facelift. But you have to make sure it absorbs very well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79October 13, 2017 1:19 PM

R74 Thanks, everything looks so good and quite affordable. I'm in love with this glycolic acid toner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80October 13, 2017 1:31 PM

What makeup do all you guys use?

by Anonymousreply 81October 13, 2017 1:36 PM

Wash face with Dove, then Garnier Skin Active Ultra-Lift Wrinkle Reducer 2-in-1 Serum and Moisturizer, around $15.00 for 1.7 ounces People don't believe I'm 75.

by Anonymousreply 82October 13, 2017 1:50 PM

R71 You're going to love it! I used to spend so much money at the pharmacy for herpes treatments. Then I started taking MSM, which isn't that expensive, and I haven't had a breakout since. And even when I do get herpes during stressful times in my life, it always resolves itself quickly and is never visible to the eye. It's been a godsend, honestly. I swear people (like R65) treat you differently when you have cold sores. It's like they think it's a sexual thing or something? Or perhaps they've never heard that oral herpes and genital herpes are two different things entirely?

Also, my nails, hair, and skin overall got prettier as well, even though that wasn't my intention when I started taking it. They recommend you take it with vitamin C as they work great together, so I drink it with a bit of orange juice.

by Anonymousreply 83October 13, 2017 3:05 PM

Because you look 100

by Anonymousreply 84October 14, 2017 3:21 AM

This is all you need.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 14, 2017 3:49 AM

A relative recently gave me some face lotion called "Task" -- they sell it at Barneys for way more than I'd ever consider paying for something like that.

Is it worth more than drug store Nivea or Neutrogena? What makes it worth the extra money?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86October 14, 2017 4:30 AM

Cetaphil, sometimes mixed with bicarbonate of soda for a light scrub. Tretinoin rx. La Roche-Posay Toleriane moisturiser and SPF. The Ordinary glycolic acid toner and their Vitamin C in silicone as a serum.

by Anonymousreply 87October 14, 2017 4:31 AM

Clinique gentle cleanser, Retin-A from the pharmacy, Reviva 10¨% glycolic acid from Iherb.com, Eucerin moisturiser; Nivea sunscreen year round.

by Anonymousreply 88October 14, 2017 4:37 AM

Just saw a Isomers Skincare thread.

by Anonymousreply 89October 14, 2017 4:39 AM

Cleanser: Exfoliating Facial Cleanser by Juice Beauty

Moisturizer: Nutrient Moisturizer by Juice Beauty

SPF: Juice Beauty

Once a week face mask: Mask of Magnamity by LUSH

by Anonymousreply 90October 14, 2017 4:44 AM

"Vaseline" and "Neutrogena" -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 14, 2017 4:46 AM

Who cares what you use if you don't have the pics to back up the products? Show us your young, smooth, radiant faces!

by Anonymousreply 92October 14, 2017 12:54 PM

Philosophy's "When Hope Is Not Enough" serum

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93October 15, 2017 1:49 PM

I want something to help smooth my skin texture some, my forehead looks rough sometimes. Preferably something extremely light, like gel, that I can use before I put on moisturizer/sunscreen.

by Anonymousreply 94October 15, 2017 11:20 PM

r94, try Mario Badescu Herbal Hydrating Serum. It's light and gel-like and will help. It's only like $30 for a bottle.

by Anonymousreply 95October 16, 2017 1:22 PM

R94 use some retinol from The Ordinary. You have to use sun screen if you use retinol - it makes the skin very sensitive to UVA and UVB damage. Or, you could use a gentle scrub - mix Cetaphil with baking soda - and then apply glycolic acid serum from The Ordinary. You'll have the spoon-like forehead of a Hollywood actress in no time.

by Anonymousreply 96October 16, 2017 1:25 PM

Moi has never heard of the Herp on the chin. Kindly provide a photograph of said lesion in said locale.

by Anonymousreply 97October 16, 2017 1:54 PM

Why use retinol when you can get generic retin-a cheap and in bulk?

by Anonymousreply 98October 16, 2017 1:57 PM

I order my Retin-A and Careprost from Beauty Bliss after too many sketchy experiences with All Day Chemist in India.

I use Shiseido Nutriperfect eye serum and Benefiance eye cream on my eyes, Kiehls Ultra Facial Cream moisturizer and the Retin-A on my face. Sometimes if my skin is dry, I put on Weleda Skin Food or squalane oil, though only when I'm working from home for the day.

I recently tried that cult product Biologique Recherche P50 - it was only $25, so why not. I'm amazing at what it's doing for my skin.

I'm blessed with very smooth, firm skin but cursed with undereye bags. Doesn't matter if I'm drinking lots of water, avoiding salt, etc, the bags come and go. I've tried various products (recently Dr. Brandt's No More Baggage) but nothing really works on me.

by Anonymousreply 99October 16, 2017 2:54 PM

I am curious what problems you had with All Day Chemist. I have been ordering from them for a couple years with no incident.

by Anonymousreply 100October 16, 2017 3:35 PM

Fraudulent charges on the card I used with them, weird phone calls trying to sell me medications. How do you pay them? I think now it's only by wire or money order, and the last time I tried to order, I kept getting different information on where to send a money order, etc. Just seemed like too much trouble to deal with them after a while.

by Anonymousreply 101October 16, 2017 5:40 PM

All Day Chemist is shady. My insurance covers the generic version of Retin-A so thats that.

by Anonymousreply 102October 16, 2017 8:40 PM

r101, they have let me pay by debit because I am a regular customer.

by Anonymousreply 103October 19, 2017 3:57 AM

Is there anywhere else you can get Retin-A without a Rx?

by Anonymousreply 104October 19, 2017 3:58 AM

Olive oil and moringa oil all over the face.

by Anonymousreply 105October 19, 2017 4:00 AM

Biossance squalane oil. My sister bought me some for xmas last year. It's great, and more lightweight than any facial product I've used in the past

by Anonymousreply 106October 19, 2017 4:08 AM

MDNA Skin care line is fantastic. The face mask Rejuvenator Set is the best. A weekly chrome clay mask with the removal wand doesn’t touch the face so there’s absolutely no clay mess. The hyaluronic acid layer left behind is massaged with the infusion head and leaves the skin feeling refreshed. Well thought out system that really works.

by Anonymousreply 107October 19, 2017 4:20 AM

Has anybody tried Guerisson 9 Complex Cream, a.k.a. "Creme de la Mare"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108October 19, 2017 4:28 AM

Cleanser recommendations? Good drugstore brand? Cerave? Derma E? Badescu?

by Anonymousreply 109November 19, 2017 11:27 PM

r99, what is beauty bliss?

by Anonymousreply 110November 19, 2017 11:31 PM

R109, either of the first two are decent. Derma E is lighter.

by Anonymousreply 111November 19, 2017 11:35 PM

Oil of Olay Regenerist. I'm not kidding either.

by Anonymousreply 112November 20, 2017 12:05 AM

[quote]MDNA Skin care line is fantastic.

You actually gave that woman your money?

by Anonymousreply 113November 20, 2017 12:15 AM

I use a beard oil not only for my beard but the rest of my face as well.

by Anonymousreply 114November 20, 2017 12:50 AM

I only use Mario Badescu products.

by Anonymousreply 115November 20, 2017 11:46 AM

a drug store favorite with a recommendation from my dermatologist.... Vanicream gentle facial cleanser.

by Anonymousreply 116November 20, 2017 12:07 PM

Is the MB glycolic wash worth it, r115?

by Anonymousreply 117November 20, 2017 2:07 PM

We seem to have this thread every couple of months. As always, I'd recommend Advanced Génifique serum, which retards aging at the genetic level.

This is followed by Absolue Precious Cells, which stimulates stem cell production. Both can be found at your local Lancôme counter.

I'm a beautiful young man and intend to stay that way. I've been stunning since I was a boy but I feel that Lancôme is helping me attain perfection.

by Anonymousreply 118November 20, 2017 5:06 PM

I use Dessert Essences tea tree cleanser on my nose and around my lips where I get little recurring pimples, even now that I'm in my mid 40s and old as dirt. Noxzema everywhere else on my face. (Didn't we have a thread about how great Noxzema smelled recently?)

Mario Badescu rosewater toner after, Philosophy Miracle Worker under the eyes, and Clinque gel moisturizer. None of it gives me a shiny face.

My partner refuses to use anything except Lubriderm 3-in-1 face and body lotion, which can give him breakouts if he's not careful.

by Anonymousreply 119November 20, 2017 5:22 PM

I agree, R112, Regenerist serum is good. The Clinique gel I get is almost exactly the same and is a little cheaper, ounce for ounce. Otherwise I'd get Regenerist.

by Anonymousreply 120November 20, 2017 5:23 PM

Albolene to remove makeup and dirt daily, and a green clay mask 1-2 times a week.

by Anonymousreply 121November 20, 2017 5:48 PM

I bought some Reviva 5% Glycolic cream on Ebay because it's cheaper than the Skin Biology stuff I was using. I'm really happy with it and will be getting the 10% next time.

by Anonymousreply 122November 20, 2017 7:08 PM

Fascinating that such elaborate skin care preparations were made in the 1700s.

Marie Antoinette, each morning, cleansed her face with Eau Cosmétique de Pigeon (yes, it was really made with pigeons). The Toilette Of Health, Beauty, And Fashion shared the recipe, first used by Danish women, with their readers:

“Take juice of water-lilies, of melons, of cucumbers, of lemons, each one ounce; briony, wild succory, lily-flowers, borage, beans, of each a handful: eight pigeons stewed. Put the whole mixture into an alembic, adding four ounces of lump sugar, well pounded, one drachma of borax, the same quantity of camphor, the crumb of three French rolls, and a pint of white wine. When the whole has remained in digestion for seventeen or eighteen days, proceed to distillation, and you will obtain pigeon-water, which is such an improvement of the complexion.”

After cleansing her skin, she would apply Eau des Charmes, an astringent, and finally, Eau d’Ange, a whitener. To keep her hands soft, the Queen slept wearing gloves infused with sweet almond oil, rose water, and wax.

Unlike most people at Versailles she bathed frequently, but always wearing a flannel chemise to protect her modesty. Once in the bathtub, she would wash herself with a scented (bergamot, amber and herbs) soap, exfoliated her skin with muslin pads filled with bran, all the while sitting on a large pad filled with pine nuts, linseed, and sweet almonds.

by Anonymousreply 123November 20, 2017 8:30 PM

I'm intrigued by The Ordinary line but I never know which acid at which concentration gives the most "peel" for the buck. AHA, BHA, Glycolic, Hyaluronic...how do you choose? Do you just have to try each one, and for a while? Are the different kinds for different skin types?

by Anonymousreply 124November 20, 2017 9:40 PM

Lancome is shit. Full of fillers and fragrance.

by Anonymousreply 125November 20, 2017 9:49 PM

Starts at 2:07. Lancome is shit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126November 20, 2017 9:53 PM

Acid. Acid does what Eterna 27 does not!

by Anonymousreply 127November 20, 2017 10:02 PM

inexpensive salicylic acid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128November 20, 2017 10:06 PM

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129November 20, 2017 10:19 PM

R125/126 = Estee Lauder, still peddling her horse liniment from Heaven

Lancôme is everything.

by Anonymousreply 130November 20, 2017 10:33 PM

It cleans the skin at the same time I clean my face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131November 20, 2017 10:40 PM

^sink

by Anonymousreply 132November 20, 2017 10:41 PM

Are the majority of people posting in this topic men, or women?

I use neutrogena soap, cetaphil soap, and an olive oil soap, and like R27 said I use olive oil in my diet but I have always done this.

by Anonymousreply 133November 20, 2017 10:47 PM

R124 It depends on what you want. The various acids they sell are peels except hyaluronic acid, which is sold as sodium hyaluronate, a buffered, low molecular weight version of HA and an excellent moisturizer/water binder.

I use The Ordinary's Matrixyl 10% + HA as a serum under my cream moisturizer. Per the website:

[quote]This formula contains two generations of Matrixyl, Matrixyl 3000 and Matrixyl Synthe'6, at a combined concentration of 10% by weight in a specialized Hyaluronic Acid delivery system. The peptide in Matrixyl 3000 is palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7 and the peptide in Matrixyl Synthe'6 is palmitoyl tripeptide-38.

by Anonymousreply 134November 20, 2017 10:47 PM

Prescription strength Retin A. Only prescription strength can significantly increase collagen production. Use it on neck and hands as well as face.

Occasionally I give myself 30 % glycolic acid peels - be sure to stop the Retin A for a few days prior.

Neutrogena moisturizer with sunscreen.

The rest of the junk on the market is useless. Might as well past 20 dollar bills to your face and hope for the best.

by Anonymousreply 135November 20, 2017 11:03 PM

R135, so you tried every single product on the market? Really?

You must be a shill for Neutrogena if you think their moisturizers are vastly different from other ones on the market

by Anonymousreply 136November 20, 2017 11:54 PM

Not facial, but I get very itchy after taking in winter. I bought CeraVe body cream with hyaluronic acid and put it on as soon as I get out of the shower. No more itching.

by Anonymousreply 137November 21, 2017 1:11 AM

Salicylic acid is great for dry, cracked feet. Kerasal ointment has it. There are are 2 kinds of Kerasal, but only one has salicylic acid. Put it on before bed, cover with socks. You'll see a difference the next morning.

by Anonymousreply 138November 21, 2017 1:15 AM

(99) Where did you find Biologique Recherche P50 for $25? Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 139November 21, 2017 4:08 AM

Dermalogica. Cleansers wash off the skin easily. Great for sensitive skin.

by Anonymousreply 140November 21, 2017 4:35 AM

I spent a year working in Korea--about a decade ago--and, along with some of the highest-quality-yet-cheapest beauty products in the world, I was introduced to a huge secret in regards to good skin: SCRUBBING. I am not kidding you. At the spas, at the baths, in the gym showers, they get their exfoliating mitts and abrasive cloths and spend forever scrubbing their skin from head to toe, even between the toes, for Chrissakes. I took to doing this several times a week while in the shower, and my skin hasn't changed in ten years. Just a scrub cloth or mitt and work on your face in small circles--do NOT treat your face as though you're trying to get crud off a chrome bumper--and immediately afterwards, apply a serum or oil of choice. And yes, I do this without any product, though I suppose an oil cleanser would be okay, but gentle and raw (heh) gives the best results. Then apply a decent skin cream that doesn't contain alcohol (many, many of them do). Regenerist is actually very decent; so is GlaxalBase (it isn't sexy in the least, but does the job well). You don't need to spend a ton on Lancome, which--I agree with a poster above--is perfume and smokes and mirrors and nonsense.

That's it.

...oh, and drink lots of water and eat lots of vegetables and don't smoke.

by Anonymousreply 141November 21, 2017 4:53 AM

R108's product contains "Snail Slime Filtrate." How would you even collect that?

by Anonymousreply 142November 21, 2017 6:05 AM

use piss.

by Anonymousreply 143November 21, 2017 10:42 AM

I used a cotton ball to apply morning urine as a teen. It dried up picked pimples pretty well.

by Anonymousreply 144November 21, 2017 11:07 AM

What is good for under eye bags?

For other skin care, I like biotherm and Yves Roche, hard to find in United states.

by Anonymousreply 145November 21, 2017 11:55 AM

r141, isn't that basically what a device like Clarisonic does? Exfoliate and cleanse the face?

by Anonymousreply 146November 21, 2017 12:08 PM

R20 nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 147November 21, 2017 12:26 PM

[quote]R108's product contains "Snail Slime Filtrate."

It also contains horse oil which is derived from the horse meat industry. However the product is reputed to be excellent. As suggested upthread, the Koreans are quite advanced in skin care products.

Speaking of odd ingredients, Lancôme Progrès Eye used to contain human placental protein. It was derived from the afterbirth from normal births. However, fundies spread the rumor it was from aborted fetuses so Lancôme quietly reformulated the product.

by Anonymousreply 148November 21, 2017 3:16 PM

[quote]Jesus Christ this place is overrun with racist shit-stains and trolls today

Islam isn't a race.

Goddamn, I knew the Death Cult fetishists were stupid but really...

by Anonymousreply 149November 21, 2017 8:48 PM

SKII essence!

by Anonymousreply 150November 21, 2017 11:08 PM

Help, please. Skin texture is great but I start seeing drooping on the eyelids and superior eye arch. May be unavoidable, as I have thin skin and Age takes its due toll, but I wonder whether there is something I could do, short of surgery (no way) and binge watching GGs.

by Anonymousreply 151November 22, 2017 5:01 AM

R151 , I use the SMALLEST, miniscule dab of Retin A on my eye arch and on my lids (the upper part, don't do on your lower)

I think the reason those areas age so badly is because people don't treat those areas, same as the neck! I use Retin A all over my neck

by Anonymousreply 152November 22, 2017 6:01 AM

I always use facial sunscreen. If you want to protect your skin, prevent wrinkles and sun spots, you should always use a sunscreen. This sunscreen is a mineral sunscreen, not a chemical sunscreen which are toxic--- see EWG regarding sunscreen safety. It has 20% Zinc Oxide, non-nano particles with a bunch of vitamins and other ingredients that are good for your skin and all natural.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153November 22, 2017 6:29 AM

My favorite sunscreens: Elta MD spf 46, and Cetaphil oil control moisturizer spf 30.

by Anonymousreply 154November 22, 2017 11:41 AM

If you try Biologique Recherche P50, avoid the version called Biologique Recherche P50 1970. It contains phenol which can ravage the skin - it was used in disastrous backstreet face peels - and probably isn't leven egal in the U.S. for cosmetic use.

by Anonymousreply 155November 29, 2017 3:17 AM

I added "even" so that should read "even legal" ^^

by Anonymousreply 156November 29, 2017 3:25 AM

R154 You are paying a whole lotta money for a zinc-oxide based sunscreen that just doesn't perform as well as other, less expensive products.

Consumer Reports 2017 In our tests over the years, so-called "natural" or mineral sunscreens—those that contain only titanium dioxide, zinc oxide or both as active ingredients—have tended to perform less well than those that have chemical active ingredients, such as avobenzone. None of the mineral sunscreens in our tests this year did well enough to make our list of recommendations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157November 29, 2017 3:26 AM

Clairisonic Cleansing Brush used with Neutrogena Cleanser, followed by Neutrogena moisturizer

by Anonymousreply 158November 29, 2017 3:30 AM

Do you mean Yves Rocher, R145? Because you can order off their US website any time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159November 29, 2017 3:32 AM

I have become addicted to the Korean skin care regime and the products

by Anonymousreply 160November 29, 2017 3:52 AM

Biotherm used to available on Jet.com but the prices have really gone up. My mother likes the Blue Therapy day cream but it's gone up from like $35-40 to $65-70 in the past two years.

by Anonymousreply 161November 29, 2017 3:53 AM

R157, Suntegrity was developed by a woman who lost her mother from skin cancer and she was determined to create the safest non-toxic sunscreen.

Of course, zinc oxide has to be applied constantly but it's safer than chemical sunscreens which is absorbed into your bloodstream and are hormone disrupters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162November 29, 2017 4:03 AM

[quote]I have become addicted to the Korean skin care regime and the products

R108's link made me curious so I ordered the Guerisson 9 Complex Cream. (Despite the low price, there are fake versions being sold, a testament to it's popularity, so I ordered direct from the manufacturer.) Tracking says it will arrive tomorrow so I'll keep you posted.

Such an interesting (!) ingredient list:

[italic]Purified water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, horse oil/fat, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), niacinamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, beeswax, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Snail Secretion Filtrate, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Mentha Rotundifolia (apple mint) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract,  Melissa Officinalis (lemon balm) Leaf Extract,  Chamomile Leaf extract, Monarda Didyma (bergamot) Leaf Extract, Cyclohexasiloxane, Bixa Orellana Seed Oil, betaine, carbomer, polysorbate 20, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7,  phenoxyethanol, Stearyl Alcohol, titanium dioxide, Glyceryl Caprylate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Hydrated Silica, Disodium Stearyl Sulfosuccinamate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, fragrance, tocopheryl acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Centella asiatica extract, Camellia Sinensis (green tea) Leaf Extract, Ligularia Fishceria Leaf Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Human Oligopeptide-1/rh-Oligopeptide-1, Lecithin, Astaxanthin, Myristyl Alcohol, xanthan gum, adenosine, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ceramide 3 [/italic]

by Anonymousreply 163November 29, 2017 4:23 AM

Its not it's

Damn autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 164November 29, 2017 4:24 AM

I watched some beauty bloggers on You-Tube do the Korean skincare regimen: It consisted of applying 9 different creams and masks. It took up the whole night and her face felt like it was dipped in a tub of lard.

by Anonymousreply 165November 29, 2017 7:04 AM

Biotherm has a mens fatigue eraser moisturizer that truly makes you look relaxed, fresh, well rested. Just bought some in Toronto. A tiny bit goes a long way. Why can't we buy Biotherm in the States. Doesn't Loreal own it?

Years ago Redken made a great moisturizer that smelled amazing, came in a small frosted glass bottle. Wish someone would bring that back. They also had a great eye creme.

Some advice...stuff from the shopping channels is not very good. Tried several brands and was always disappointed...also very cheap packaging. My mom was a make up artist. She taught this girl about skin care.

by Anonymousreply 166November 29, 2017 9:17 AM

I like Philosophy

by Anonymousreply 167November 29, 2017 12:07 PM

I cannot live without Mario Badescu facial spray. It contains rose water, glycerin and other botanicals. It is very refreshing and moisturizing without clogging pores.

by Anonymousreply 168November 29, 2017 12:44 PM

[quote]Why can't we buy Biotherm in the States. Doesn't Loreal own it?

You can buy it from their website and other online sources. If it's not available in department stores, it's because the luxury cosmetics category is choked with competition. It used to be that even Clarins was hard to find in stores outside a few major U.S. cities.

25% off due to Cyber Week Sale:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169November 29, 2017 6:30 PM

I'm too cheap for any of this. I just slap some Aveeno on & I'm good to go!

by Anonymousreply 170November 29, 2017 6:45 PM

I use fresh cum. Full of live enzymes

by Anonymousreply 171December 1, 2017 1:19 AM

I use Tide Detergent on my beautiful face.

by Anonymousreply 172December 1, 2017 1:26 AM

r166, you can get your wish for the holidays!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173December 1, 2017 2:48 AM

Lucky super soft bar soap with cocoa butter, available at Dollar General stores. 3 for dollar, works great! I think I even found it in the dollar aisle.

by Anonymousreply 174December 1, 2017 6:49 AM

r174 - lucky my ass!

by Anonymousreply 175December 3, 2017 12:32 PM

La praire

by Anonymousreply 176December 3, 2017 5:29 PM

R176 if you mean La Prairie, it's become ridiculously ovetpriced, and this comes from a Lancôme fan.

It's $820 for La Prairie Skin Xavier Cream. Worse, they no longer have any connection with the famous Swiss cell therapy clinic of the same name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 3, 2017 8:31 PM

^^Caviar not Xavier

Damn autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 178December 3, 2017 8:32 PM

Shit in a jar.

by Anonymousreply 179December 4, 2017 1:25 AM

I highly recommend Korean products too. Missha beauty have a men's range and their serums and potions come in sexy black bottles. The products I've tried of theirs are great. I like etude house as well - good quality, nothing extravagant but fine basics you can actually trust. I looooove the etude eye balm, it has a buttery quality and HUGE jar that I'll never finish! Even the packaging looks cheerful but feels high quality. Blows Clinique out of the water in all aspects.

by Anonymousreply 180December 6, 2017 4:12 AM

I use sos pads to exfoliate my face. Skin is soooo soft.

by Anonymousreply 181December 6, 2017 4:16 AM

Does the olay microsculpting cream actually do anything?

by Anonymousreply 182December 6, 2017 12:10 PM

Sum37

by Anonymousreply 183December 7, 2017 5:19 AM

R182,no. It just sculpts ur wallet making it slimmer

by Anonymousreply 184December 7, 2017 11:59 PM

r184, Olay is cheap compared to some of the overpriced shit mentioned on here.

by Anonymousreply 185December 10, 2017 7:05 PM

I said I'd get back about the Guerisson 9 Complex Cream. It came up on a Lohan thread (don't ask) and I remembered I hadn't reported back here.

Anyway, I love it. It compares favorably to the most expensive department store brands - I've tried many - and it's very inexpensive. Based on the ingredient list (see above), I'd rank it higher than any of the various Lauder Re-Nutriv creams, some of which are several hundred dollars a jar.

It has a substantial texture but not greasy at all, especially surprising as it contains a rendered animal fat. It melts right into my skin and leaves it feeling silky.

(I do skip my immediate nose area which is prone to breakouts. Nonetheless, i'm tempted to try it on my nose, because horse oil is said to be both anti-inflammatory and non-comedogenic.)

I was impressed enough to order the Guerisson "essence" which is their name for a serum, applied under the cream. Having just received it, I've only used it 3 times so far. It's very light; even very oily skins would tolerate it and it has the same herbals. I'll print an ingredient list for the essence when I find a reliable one, as I don't read Korean.

In short, I like this line but it's way too early to give a complete endorsement. Great results thus far and no zits, rash, bad reaction, etc.

by Anonymousreply 186December 11, 2017 3:29 AM

R186 I found it for you. Nice stuff, lots of natural extracts, still contains a little equine fat. I'm surprised these products can be sold in the U.S. without full labeling in English.

The Guerisson Essence/Serum Ingredients:

Purified Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerine, Mineral Water, Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Betaine, Polyglutamic Acid, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Arginine, Glyceryl Caprylate, Peppermint Leaf Extract, Applemint Leaf Extract, Sage Leaf Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Lavender Flower Extract, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Leaf Extract, Monarda Didyma Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Beta-Glucan, Horse Fat, Theanine, Milk Lipids, Glutathione, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Perfume, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Disodium EDTA, Astaxanthin, Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Ceramide-3, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol

by Anonymousreply 187December 11, 2017 4:28 AM

Anything Oil of Olay is the real deal. Cheaper than every other dept store product and closest to prescription. Effective due to heavily researched active ingredients. P&G has more money than God and can afford real product testing unlike other companies with fewer products and market dominance. Regenerist will change your skin. Stop wasting your money. Oh and my last name isn't Proctor or Gamble.

by Anonymousreply 188June 23, 2018 9:47 PM

For washing my face, Eucerin's soap-free hydrating cleanser is the best cleanser I've used, hands down. I avoid anything with salicylic acid as it immediately dries my skin out—gentle cleansers only. I spent too much of my 20s abusing my skin with caustic shit that triggered breakouts (the very thing I wanted to avoid). For the occasional zit, something benzoyl peroxide will do the trick.

As far as moisturizers go, I pretty much trust anything made by Eucerin, CeraVe, or Kiehl's. I mostly bounce between using Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream and Eucerin's Q10 cream at night before bed; the former, at $55 for a little over 4 ounces, is expensive by my standards—the latter, though, is a drugstore product and is far more affordable at around $10 for a little under 2 ounces.

During the day, I keep a layer of Eucerin's daily hydrating lotion with SPF on my face, or CeraVe's hydrating sunscreen. I am religious about sunscreen.

by Anonymousreply 189February 21, 2021 6:52 AM

hada labo hyaluronic acid Premium! You will literally look five years younger in 10 minutes.

The key is to apply right out of the shower, your face has to be completely wet. Dap into your face, then spray with a toner, dap the acid on again, then spray again and rinse and repeat until your face is plump and glowing. Cover with a emollient aka a moisturizer that will hold the hydration in your skin.

by Anonymousreply 190February 21, 2021 7:26 AM

Tretinoin 0.1%

Everything else comes and goes, but Tretinoin is the one thing I've used every night since I was a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 191February 21, 2021 7:28 AM

Anything from Dear Klairs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192February 21, 2021 7:37 AM

Retin a and spf 30!

The CeraVe hydrating cleanser is very hydrating. I like their moisturizer as well.

by Anonymousreply 193February 21, 2021 8:03 AM

What's with all the assumptions that we are shiny-faced, femme and have plucked eyebrows? Here in Eastern Europe all men who aren't laborers use skin products and groom and nobody looks like shiny-faced queen or Liberace ffs. It's considered totally normal and the civilized thing to do. Most of the less educated have skin like sandpaper and smell like palinca. The straightest guys go to the barbershop, nail place (just plain manicures), use products on their face and I see them pulling Casanova moves on women all day. Americans have too many homophobic stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 194February 21, 2021 8:26 AM

Clinique gentle cleanser using a silicone washing pad, 10% glycolic acid plus Avène Hydrance moisturiser (daytime); Retin-A .10% bought at a galenic (compounding) pharmacy plus Avène Hydrance (nighttime). Eye cream is Shiseido Eye Wrinkle Concentrate. Now using Yeouth 30% glycolic mask once a week in winter. Eucerin SPF 50 sunscreen year round.

Both the moisturiser and eye cream have no treatment ingredients, just moisture.

Not shiny at all.

by Anonymousreply 195February 21, 2021 8:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!