Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Television Commercials You Are Hating, Summer, 2017 Edition

There are two I despise presently. One has a young woman who spits a mouthful of milk into the sink while looking at her phone. She didn't do it because the milk is spoiled; rather, she did it because her credit report is not up-to-date. I just want to slap her across the room.

The other one is an advertisement for a mattress which features two particularly inane comments. The people offering testimonials are either late Millennial or Generation Z. The first stupid line comes from the overly enthusiastic male: "This mattress is dangerously comfortable!" What the fuck does that mean? Not to be outdone, the equally grey-matter-challenged female utter this gem: "When I get into bed, I literally say "ahh!" ::: face palm :::

In both commercials I do not recall the names of the company or products, so major fail there.

by Anonymousreply 600June 4, 2018 5:09 PM

Every single God Damn drug commercial. No wonder drugs are so expensive with all the damn commercials they run.

by Anonymousreply 1August 3, 2017 7:38 PM

I HATE that commercial OP!!!! It is horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 2August 3, 2017 7:41 PM

Those Hollar commercials are like fingernails on a chalkboard.

I will NEVER buy anything from that company, NEVER NEVER NEVER.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 3, 2017 7:53 PM

The worst commercial of all time continues to run several goddamn YEARS after its debut. It's an Auto Club ad that has several "real people" telling how fucking wonderful the AAA is. There are a couple of screechy-voiced frauen; an old bitch with the worst black dye job in the world and who has the shaky speech of a person in the last stages of Parkinson's disease; and my least favorite, an ugly, wizened little black female with TERRIBLE teeth who speaks a semi-understandable patois and says, "dey tole me wat due price was gonna be an I tole dem to go back and REE-check becauseIcouldnotbelieveit" (said as one word).

I've been a member of the Auto Club since they jumpstarted Jesus's oxcart, but if they don't dump that fucking ad pretty damn soon, I'm going to start changing my flats myself.

by Anonymousreply 4August 3, 2017 8:00 PM

So gassy, girl

by Anonymousreply 5August 3, 2017 8:34 PM

But r4, there's a cute chubby Latino guy in there that makes it all worth it.

by Anonymousreply 6August 3, 2017 8:40 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2017 1:29 AM

1-877 Kars 4 Kids. I like to smother those brats.

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2017 2:41 AM

Anything having to do with Mesothelioma

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2017 3:03 AM

R6 — The chubby latino guy ("what are YEW waiting for?") has been replaced in that ad. They now have a very nice, low-key black dude saying "what are you waiting for?" in a controlled, modulated voice.

That scrawny black bitch "becauseIdidn'tbelieve it" seems to get uglier and more unlikeable by the day. FUCK, I wish they'd retire that awful commercial and send that cunt to the nearest grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2017 3:44 AM

Anything that has to do with Flo And I can't stand Kelly Ripa so those idiotic promos for the next Live where she and whoever the cohost is this year tell a joke written by someone who must have worked for Bob Hope in '73

by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2017 3:51 AM

Actually right now, it's a local commercial in the San Jose, CA area. It is for a place called 'Wheels & Deals They're ultra-right wing, super Christian, Republican brothers. The ads filmed on their carlot aren't too bad, but lately they have taken to doing ads at partner businesses, usually restaurants. Not only are the ads trite, they use them to promote their personal political,& religious agenda. Usually there is a little sign behind them on the wall about prayer, being American or something to that effect..

by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2017 4:14 AM

There is an ad for ATT that has Angelica Houston and a guy that I think I am supposed to know on sight. In one ad, he compares himself to some sort of furry animal...

by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2017 4:23 AM

I'm getting tired of hearing this same voiceover guy on every fucking commercial where an "authoritative" voice is needed:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 4, 2017 4:23 AM

Like nails on a fucking chalkboard, I swear, the Figi bottled water little girl voiceover "artist" has got to be the same fucking Panera Bread voiceover "artist".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2017 4:25 AM

Some Dell windows 10 commercial with a black dude with a man bun of dreads who touts himself as "the rapping teacher" he then goes into a shitty rap that would make Rappin' Gabe from Intervention cringe.

by Anonymousreply 16August 4, 2017 8:58 AM

GrubHub's ad with dudebros ordering tacos--when seen more than 1-2 times--is enough to make me want to drive pencils into my eyes. It has such memorable lines as:

"Aw dude, this is dank."

"I noticed in the bathroom that you use the same facial moisturizer as me."

"You're moisture bros!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 4, 2017 5:13 PM

Any commercial with the sound of a mobile phone buzzing or a doorbell ringing should be illegal. That's such an obvious attention-grabber and I'm sorry to say I still fall for it

by Anonymousreply 18August 4, 2017 9:17 PM

Jimmy from ZYPPAH. Fucking annoying as hell. Started hearing them (and immediately changing the channel) on Sirius, now they're on tv.

Puppymonkeybaby is just as disturbing now as it was during the SB. Why is it back?

Love/Hate Flo. The Susan Lucci ones made me chuckle the first few times they aired.

by Anonymousreply 19August 4, 2017 9:31 PM

R15 — Argghh, my ears, my ears!! Jesus, you're right! Take that squeaky-voiced li'l bitch and toss her into a pit.

by Anonymousreply 20August 5, 2017 1:19 AM

Honda, I Like It! Honda, I Like It!

by Anonymousreply 21August 13, 2017 2:28 PM

The sprint advert that features the 'can you hear me now' guy. At one point he appears to be knocking on the inside of your television screen. I find that so intrusive.

by Anonymousreply 22August 13, 2017 3:08 PM

Puppy monkey baby.

It makes me cringe. Not cute, not funny. Just, disturbing and unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 23August 13, 2017 4:00 PM

i despise this so much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 13, 2017 4:13 PM

The one with the guy crying because his doctor recommended a place where he could buy shoes that gave him proper arch support, and he's been pain free for the first time in years. Crying!

by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2017 4:29 PM

The one where the native American girl becomes powerful like a waterfall or a herd of galloping horses by eating a Nature Valley bar.

by Anonymousreply 26August 14, 2017 4:12 PM

The one for HP with the cunt nurse who walks into the room and says, I have some bad news. Dramatic pause, cut to the little kid looking like, fuck I’m gonna die. She then shows him her laptop with a picture of him with “bug eyes” she drew. Who the fuck thought it was funny to taunt a sick kid in a hospital bed! Yeah, that will sell laptops - to ASSHOLES.

by Anonymousreply 27August 14, 2017 4:44 PM

Those Captain Obvious adds. They showed his gay ass ogling women at a bar. As if 😤

by Anonymousreply 28August 14, 2017 6:02 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 16, 2017 1:13 AM

Similar to R18 -- there are a few ads that feature the sound of someone knocking on a glass door or glass wall. I don't know why, but I HATE that sound. It seriously freaks me out. And it's not just one ad that has this...

Stop knocking on glass doors and glass walls! Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 30August 16, 2017 1:16 AM

The Medicare scam looking one where a cartoon grandaughter asks her cartoon grandma to "come out and play" or some shit and grandma's knees hurt so bad so she can't. Then she gets a miracle knee brace and skateboards off into the sunset.

by Anonymousreply 31August 16, 2017 1:22 AM

There are two versions of that one, r31. Both have the same voices, but in one the characters are African American while they're Caucasian in the other.

by Anonymousreply 32August 16, 2017 1:38 AM

Somebody at Liberty Mutual decided it was a great idea to pull out the old, extremely I-want-to-reach-through-the-screen-and-strangle-the-bitch annoying commercial where this 20-something airhead talks about how much she loves her car, so much so that she named it Brad. Not only is this extremely weird, but she details how "Brad" has been with her through thick and thin--multiple boyfriends and jobs, etc.--and therefore has this loving bond with her car. This by itself is just fucking weird. Then to top it off, she says that when the insurance company gave her a check for a complete replacement, she drops this ersatz passion instantly. What the fuck is this shit? Aaaaahhhh!!!!

by Anonymousreply 33August 16, 2017 11:33 AM

Those Liberty Mutual ads bug me because it's impossible to stand on land with the Statue of Liberty looking straight at you. In order to look straight at the face of the statue, you need to be in a boat or floating in the harbor.

Fucking hell. And they play those ads 24/7 on the Tri State area where everyone knows this. Fuckery.

by Anonymousreply 34August 16, 2017 3:00 PM

I cannot stand an ad for some new drug for which they use "Get Your Groove On" as their theme music. It features this troll-faced homonculous who dances through the office, dances through his house, dances everywhere, and always dancing badly.

UPDATE: the med is for di-uh-beet-us, Cletus. I faking hate it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 17, 2017 6:31 PM

The America's Best ad where the woman screeches in excitement at the owl because she saved money (or got two pairs of glasses for the price of one, who knows). It's as if my TV's volume goes up every time when she goes "EEEEEEEE!!"

by Anonymousreply 36August 17, 2017 6:48 PM

^ In case anyone is unfamiliar with the ad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 17, 2017 6:54 PM

The one for some phone service that features two dreary frumpy fraus sitting next to a pool, watching the "kiddos" in the pool. One frau squawks, "NO SPLASHING!" (The fraus' useless, chubby husbands are in the pool, but you can't count on them). Anyway, the fraus talk about the cell service and one says something about how at least some bad decisions aren't permanent. Then you see they both have awful huge "Spring Break 1999" tattoos on their back.

The funny thing is, the way the camera pans back, we are shown that their gaze is on actually on hubbies and kiddos. I wonder if thats deliberate! Certainly makes me glad I'm not a frau.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 20, 2017 2:15 PM

Whomever "composed" these endless monstrosities by KPMG needs a push into a grease fire. A banal one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 20, 2017 2:19 PM

The two dudebros waggling their eyebrows as they snarf down IHOP's Bacon-Topped French Toasted Doughnut.

by Anonymousreply 40August 20, 2017 2:26 PM

I don't care to listen to cartoon bears talk about taking a shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 20, 2017 2:38 PM

The people recovering from chemotherapeutic in the comfort of their fabulous, snugly homes. Seems like only extremely successful, good/looking people get cancer.

by Anonymousreply 42August 20, 2017 2:40 PM

Chemotherapy

by Anonymousreply 43August 20, 2017 2:40 PM

Any commercial that plays "Walking on Sunshine", "I'll Take You There", "Rescue Me", Pachelbel's Cannon or the Carmen Overture

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 20, 2017 5:39 PM

Good one, r44!

by Anonymousreply 45August 20, 2017 5:48 PM

A commercial for mattresses (I think) and it has some Bigfoot woman and her family. The mask is upsetting and the entire concept is offputting.

by Anonymousreply 46August 20, 2017 7:15 PM

The DQ one with the millenial twat burbling to another twat "Yer full of serprizes!!"His witty retort"No,I'm full of chicken fingers!" It enrages me.

by Anonymousreply 47August 20, 2017 8:30 PM

A few days ago my father said he really like the car commercial backed by Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline," one of his favorite songs since way before it became a stadium and karaoke thing. I told him to just wait u til you hear it five times a day or more.

On the other hand, I love that ELO's "Living Thing," a song I love but hardly ever hear, is the soundtrack for a different car commercial I heard this morning a couple of times during Premier League Football.

The worst are the local "hurt in a car or fall? Call us and collect big bucks" ads by shameless law firms.

by Anonymousreply 48August 20, 2017 8:56 PM

r48 There's a local shyster attorney one here in Phoenix where they guy keeps saying "at fault drivers" and I swore he was saying "asshole drivers" I was thinking, wow, I commend them on calling out assholes, but I was wrong. Maybe it's on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 49August 20, 2017 8:58 PM

Shoot me in the head

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 21, 2017 11:39 PM

Hate hate hate hate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 21, 2017 11:50 PM

television commercials? I cut the cable.

by Anonymousreply 52August 22, 2017 12:15 AM

Panera girl talking about their food now being CLEAN. Makes it sound like they were stirring diarrhea into it before.

by Anonymousreply 53August 22, 2017 12:27 AM

[quote]Some Dell windows 10 commercial with a black dude with a man bun of dreads who touts himself as "the rapping teacher" he then goes into a shitty rap that would make Rappin' Gabe from Intervention cringe.

I opened this thread just to mention this commercial.

And it plays during every single fucking break on Hulu these days. Three or four times a show.

by Anonymousreply 54August 22, 2017 12:56 AM

Rachel Rays dog food commercials are beyond fake and try so hard to look like actual outtakes. Simply terrible and tone deaf.

And in the hall of bad fame: Musinex. Talking snot. The end of civilization as we knew it

by Anonymousreply 55August 22, 2017 12:57 AM

Those ancestry DNA conmercials where the "Hispanic" woman says she's 12% Native American and that fat black woman finds out she's Nigerian and cried because of her hat. It was cool at first but it's now beyond annoying!

by Anonymousreply 56August 22, 2017 1:30 AM

We call it the remainder that's the number that remains

by Anonymousreply 57August 22, 2017 1:37 AM

Six is greater than one.

by Anonymousreply 58August 22, 2017 1:48 AM

When I say Study! You say Haul!!

by Anonymousreply 59August 22, 2017 1:51 AM

The "sunsetter" retractable awning commercial where a wildly mismatched couple (almost look like mother/son but not quite) try to convince us that their lives are forever changed because they can sit on their porch now. Go to Home Depot and buy something that doesn't cost $700 dollars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 22, 2017 2:07 AM

That Sunsetter ad has been around for at least 20 years. It isn't going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 61August 22, 2017 2:17 AM

Anything with a man who wears a man bun. Loathsome.

by Anonymousreply 62August 22, 2017 3:19 AM

The horrible ad where the guy is screaming "Sweet Caroline" while driving. I pray for a semi to plow into him.

The ad where women can do amazing things because they eat. And they own it.

by Anonymousreply 63August 22, 2017 3:20 AM

Jeff Lynne is making bank with all of the ELO songs he's been licensing recently ("Livin' Thing," "Ticket to the Moon.")

by Anonymousreply 64August 22, 2017 3:24 AM

Woman in passenger seat looks out window at train

Twangy singer: "Everyone has got a dream / You know what I mean"

Man driving car: "Honey? Is it our turn?"

KIM JONG IL PLEASE RAIN THE BOMBS NOW

by Anonymousreply 65August 22, 2017 3:36 AM

R60 — "Go to Home Depot and buy something that doesn't cost $700 dollars."

Or $700 or 700 dollars. NOT "$700 dollars." Jesus, haven't you learned anything on DL?

by Anonymousreply 66August 22, 2017 3:46 AM

r65 Subaru commercials are THE WORST!! There is another one (I believe it's Subaru) where a red headed demon child destroys everything he touches so his parents buy a Subaru that will last forever. I also hate all the ones where a kid grows up and we see all kinds of flashbacks and daddy always gives them the keys to the well loved Subaru that has been in the family for years.

by Anonymousreply 67August 22, 2017 3:46 AM

R65 what i hate about that commercial is the woman looking out the car window and supposedly dreaming about what her life could be -- riding railway boxcars like some modern-day hobo along with her dog. Who the fuck actually fantasizes about doing that?

by Anonymousreply 68August 22, 2017 4:29 AM

Fucking owls. What advert asshole decided that every commercial must feature a fucking owl with a fucking accent?? I used to like owls. Not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 69August 22, 2017 4:39 AM

The Spectrum commercial with the dummy and the monsters sitting around a table playing cards.

by Anonymousreply 70August 22, 2017 5:30 AM

Don't you miss this commercial? It used to make people so angry on social media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 22, 2017 5:33 AM

R69, I was thinking that exact thing today.

by Anonymousreply 72August 22, 2017 5:37 AM

R51, I actually like that one. Snark is my thing.

by Anonymousreply 73August 22, 2017 5:40 AM

The Febeze commercial where a man gleefully uses his basement bathroom to take an amazing shit and some how Febreze "cleans odors away".

by Anonymousreply 74August 22, 2017 5:45 AM

"WHAT MYLAWN NEEDS, is for you guys to get off it right now!"

If you did that in my town, those guys would make sure to come back to your lawn when you were actually there to murder your sorry snotty ass.

Very irresponsible marketing. Don't they know you're better off not confronting your dangerous or drug-fueled criminals? Sorry, let the aft cops - WHOSE ADDRESS THUGS DINT KNOW - handle trespassers.

by Anonymousreply 75August 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Aft >> ADT (security systems) Dint >> don't

by Anonymousreply 76August 22, 2017 2:03 PM

The one where the child-like black man babbles about ordering tapas while a missionary-like Bernie Bro assface nods in a condescending manner.

by Anonymousreply 77August 22, 2017 2:20 PM

That Spectrum ad with the monsters playing poker was so confusing. I had no idea what they were talking about until I caught a glimpse of the TV in the background. Is it normal for men to play poker with a TV on at the same time?

Those Trivago ads with the horribly dressed sheila.....when she says "heaps of websites" I want to smack her. Ugh, take your Aussie slang back down undah!

by Anonymousreply 78August 22, 2017 6:59 PM

That Tena commercial where the MILF gets some new thin pads, puts on a red dress and goes to a field to see her teenage lover play soccer.

by Anonymousreply 79August 22, 2017 7:58 PM

The obnoxious dude in the car singing "Sweet Caroline" is the absolute worst commercial. I literally despise it.

by Anonymousreply 80August 22, 2017 8:31 PM

The Project Runway ads with Nina Garcia and company dancing in the NY streets. So embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 81August 22, 2017 11:57 PM

The elephant that sells pistachio nuts can go straight to hell!

by Anonymousreply 82August 23, 2017 12:21 AM

The Flipp ads where the parents emotionally abuse their kids by calling them "Rookie" for honest mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 83August 23, 2017 2:02 AM

San Manuel Casino in SoCal is running ads on most LA stations. These ads feature the most obnoxious musical score ever. You see CGI scenes of a prehistoric-looking cunt roaring around on a motorcycle, and rocks and shit are flying everywhere, and in the background, we hear someone singing, "my lolly-lollipop, my lolly-lollopop, my lolly-lollipop" over and over and fucking OVER. I have no idea what fucking "my lolly-lollipop" even means, but this ad is so off-putting I wouldn't patronize that goddamn casino if the slot machines were free.

by Anonymousreply 84August 23, 2017 2:30 AM

(Whispered) "Hi, yes, we were just broken into and need a home security system"

"SORRY, WRONG DEPARTMENT!"

🎼 ta da da da ta da da da da 🎹🎻🎷

by Anonymousreply 85August 23, 2017 3:43 AM

That rehab commercial that the news channels are always playing. When I want to hear some old guy drone on about how his drinking nearly ruined his family, I'll go to an AA meeting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 23, 2017 3:58 AM

I'm just glad they finally stopped playing the commercials with smokers missing teeth, fingers, limbs, vocal chords and/or throat parts.

by Anonymousreply 87August 23, 2017 4:34 AM

This fucking Booking.com ad with the utterly hapless teacher is on a constant loop. She can't even maintain control in a classroom, but she'll somehow pull it together in an unfamiliar setting?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 23, 2017 4:53 AM

"Like, don't forget meeeeeeeeeee!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 23, 2017 4:56 AM

It IS a shitty casino R84. I went to see Lewis Black there and he characterized it as being at the far end of the universe. Its nearest neighbor is the charming Patton State Hospital for the criminally insane.

by Anonymousreply 90August 23, 2017 4:58 AM

I don't think that I could hate those Ameriprise ads with those jejune song lyrics more. "I've been a poor man and I've been a king..." And it all ends with that horrible, bellowing "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" like somebody stepped in a bear trap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 23, 2017 5:04 AM

I especially hate when the frau joins the guy singing Sweet Carolina. It makes so nauseous that I had to buy a case of Pepto Bismol.

by Anonymousreply 92August 23, 2017 5:24 AM

Those loud assed Spectrum commercials! I fucking hate Spectrum and their ads popping up at full blast cause me to hit "mute" as soon as a show breaks to commercial just to avoid the headache. You belong in Hell, Spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 93August 23, 2017 5:45 AM

Scream-singing "Sweet Caroline" is such an obnoxious straight white guy thing to do. This is why we hate them.

At least Neil is getting paid, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 94August 23, 2017 12:02 PM

Friendly's restaraunt ad with the talking ice cream sundae that threatens to "quit" and then ends up staying anyway....I want to crush that sundae under my foot. Or, maybe leave it out in the sun so it melts and screams in agony.

by Anonymousreply 95August 23, 2017 2:46 PM

I want to put my foot up that Rappin' Teacher's ass. UUGGGHHHH

by Anonymousreply 96August 23, 2017 4:13 PM

The Proactiv commercial with the black guy whose friends cant help but comment about how "delicious "he looks. NO REALLY

by Anonymousreply 97August 23, 2017 6:32 PM

Cue fat cow: "I got this 55" tv..." Deal Dash. The fair online bidding site.

It keeps popping up on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 98August 23, 2017 7:37 PM

Can't stand the Liberty Mutual commercials. The worst is the whiny woman who did all this research to buy her new car, ran into a tree and her rates went up. Lady, you fucking hit a tree with a new car- of course your rate went up. What a moron.

by Anonymousreply 99August 23, 2017 8:14 PM

The commercial with the little bratty kid cutting hair off stuff animals and then try to cut his sister hair with a twisted look in his face.

And then the insurance commercial when the little boy hit his father in face with bat and his wife is more concern about Hawaii and then high diving the son.

by Anonymousreply 100August 23, 2017 8:27 PM

"I like THIS coffee...and I like THIS coffee."

by Anonymousreply 101August 24, 2017 1:59 AM

What R16 said... the rapping teacher commercial is awful.

by Anonymousreply 102August 24, 2017 2:02 AM

I like the one with the little boy hair stylist because you just know he's a gayling in training.

What I want to know is who is the ginger bearded fat fuck who is in every other commercial? Car commercials, Geico commercials, McDonald's, and quite a few I'm forgetting. Dozens of purses fall out of his mouth every time he opens it.

by Anonymousreply 103August 24, 2017 5:33 AM

That Carmax ginger fuck. I want to keep him in the nuts.

by Anonymousreply 104August 25, 2017 12:50 AM

Kick, not KEEP!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 105August 25, 2017 12:50 AM

That little boy has no style or flair. He just has a pair of scissors and a need to cut things. That boy is no gayling.

by Anonymousreply 106August 25, 2017 12:56 AM

Those Clearasil commercials with the bargain basement animation and completely nonsensical content - "Clearasil can clear up teen acne overnight, but can it keep Johnny from breaking his arm when he falls off his skateboard? Not so much."

What the hell?

by Anonymousreply 107August 25, 2017 1:25 PM

Whuhuhuhat? She washed this like a month agoooo! How's-a-guy supposed to move ahhhhhhn-nuuuh?

by Anonymousreply 108August 28, 2017 3:29 AM

Boris makes "mind-blowing coffee." Who talks like that?

by Anonymousreply 109August 28, 2017 12:44 PM

"More doing chores for mom parole. More doing chores for dad parole."

It took weeks for me to understand that she was actually saying "per roll."

by Anonymousreply 110August 28, 2017 12:50 PM

That Tide commercial with that pig-nosed waitress who throws major attitude at the customer who accidentally knocks over her tray of food.

by Anonymousreply 111August 28, 2017 1:06 PM

R56, I also hate the 23andme ad where the woman says she used to say Hispanic when asked her NATIONALITY. ...🙄

Oh, and now she marks "other" when asked because she found out she was a little bit of everything...

by Anonymousreply 112August 28, 2017 2:10 PM

Those DNA and Ancestry people are too annoying to live. "I used to wear lederhosen but now I wear a kilt!!" Why don't you run into traffic, dipshit? You and your entire family tree can fuck the fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 113August 28, 2017 2:18 PM

ALL of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially the FUCKING OWLS.

by Anonymousreply 114August 28, 2017 3:43 PM

LOL r113 I agree those commercials are annoying.

by Anonymousreply 115August 28, 2017 3:45 PM

I hate the one with the woman sitting on a bench in NYC (at Times Square? dunno), looking at her phone, who then narrates in this almost monotonal voice about how for only $32/week she can text a psychologist--no, actually a "therapist" so who knows what bona fides they have. My first thought is "bitch, you need your meds adjusted to deal with that flat affect of yours." But then she says how the "therapist" really makes her think, but only "in the best way possible." WTF are we to make of that?!

I loathe that commercial with the heat of a thousand suns.

by Anonymousreply 116August 28, 2017 6:13 PM

"This completely retarded thing happened on June 21st, 2013. And we covered it!"

by Anonymousreply 117August 29, 2017 12:46 AM

Already mentioned but another vote for the Aflac commercial where the dad gets hits in the face and injured with a baseball but the mom and son are more worried about losing their money for a trip to Hawaii. Not only is the entire theme vile, but just imagine if it was mom getting injured at home and the dad pouting "There goes our trip of a lifetime!"

by Anonymousreply 118August 29, 2017 5:04 AM

The one with "sweet caroline" music, fucking hate that song!

by Anonymousreply 119August 29, 2017 5:26 AM

I love love, love the Spectrum commercials with the vampires, death, the werewolf and the little dummy. I wish it were a TV sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 120August 29, 2017 5:40 AM

Don't worry, R120. It probably will be.

by Anonymousreply 121August 29, 2017 6:01 AM

Awful woman complains about golf to awful man

SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP!!!!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122August 30, 2017 12:55 AM

That commercial with Steph Curry and Venus Williams in a green room waiting to go on a show. They start playing ping pong and breaking things in the green room, but because they're so rich and privileged, they just whip out their smart phones and pay for the damage while they continue to damage things. Because they can.

Nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 123August 30, 2017 1:12 AM

That's Serena, not Venus.

by Anonymousreply 124August 30, 2017 1:41 AM

That "THIS IS MY JAM" Cheetos commercial (Taylor Dane?? Seriously?!?)

by Anonymousreply 125August 30, 2017 2:41 AM

The Walmart commercial where people from every walk of life are shown carrying chairs as "come on people know smile on your brother everybody get to together, try to love one another right now" blasts in the background. Oh look, everybody is meeting in a big field to have dinner together...cheesy but not necessarily a horrible commercial if it was coming from anyone else. Walmart and brotherly love do not go together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 30, 2017 3:35 AM

That fucking My Pillow asshole. His latest commercial has him showing up in a couple's medicine cabinet mirror (since he's a former coke addict, he was probably stealing their prescription drugs). And he prominently displays a crucifix necklace from his neck, since he's a born again Christian and Trump supporter. Of course.

by Anonymousreply 127August 30, 2017 11:01 AM

I thought that company got into huge legal trouble, R127. How are there new commercials?

by Anonymousreply 128August 30, 2017 11:06 AM

R128 They had to change their deceptive advertising, which is probably why they have new commercials now.

by Anonymousreply 129August 30, 2017 11:08 AM

Nobody wants to buy these needlessly expensive exercise bikes but these commercials run constantly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130August 30, 2017 11:47 PM

R113 Re: Ancestry.com or DNA & Me If you find out you are "a little bit of everything," doesn't that mean your ancestors were complete sluts who fucked anyone &'everyone?

by Anonymousreply 131August 31, 2017 12:37 AM

The oil or gas company ones with the really LOUD music. Maybe it's petroleum. The music is really jarring.

by Anonymousreply 132August 31, 2017 2:37 AM

r113 r131 Damn, OT and I sound tin hatty but anyone who wants you to send a DNA sample, I just am not going to do it, it seems like an Orwellian thing where they want to have all of our DNA on file and I refuse to play ball! I am not a criminal so they don't have mine now and they aren't going to get it.

by Anonymousreply 133August 31, 2017 3:41 AM

ITA R133 -- I'm not handing over my DNA just so someone can tell me that I'm a white guy.

I also don't trust that colon cancer screening company that wants me to mail in a smear of my shit.

I don't need to be cloned or whatever, no thanks.

by Anonymousreply 134August 31, 2017 3:58 AM

Here's the annoying colon cancer ad.

I'm not mailing in my shit, they'll have to come and get it if they really want it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135August 31, 2017 4:00 AM

Who is the Coolspa guy with the meaty moobs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136August 31, 2017 4:14 AM

R98 , that commercial is the worst! All three of the women are annoying, but the one in the maroon sweater looks a little simple. Check her at the :50 mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137August 31, 2017 5:05 AM

Annoying Leesa mattress commercial. "Hullo, bud of my dreams!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138August 31, 2017 5:07 AM

R136 that hunk in the Coolspa ad is HOT. Right around 0:17, shirt hanging open. I like!!!

by Anonymousreply 139August 31, 2017 5:58 AM

So what is the CoolSpa guy even having done? Does anyone know if that stuff works? Good commercial.

by Anonymousreply 140August 31, 2017 8:06 AM

DirectTV commercial that is all in fucking Spanish.

This is America, you cunts. I'll never give them one red cent of my money.

by Anonymousreply 141August 31, 2017 8:10 AM

I hate the GMC truck commercials they like to play incessantly during the evening news broadcasts. The announcer keeps saying stupid man shit like "like a boss, like a pro". pisses me off!

by Anonymousreply 142August 31, 2017 9:35 PM

The financial guy with the beard that is sooo helpful and tries to fit in a frau who has something scheduled for each time of the day, including "Tai Chi" at 8:53PM. ALL the ads with this douche suck but this one is the worst. Well, this one and the couple that humbly brag about "only" having saved $103,000.

by Anonymousreply 143August 31, 2017 10:48 PM

The bearded financial guy is also at R122 and hopefully will go away soon.

The CoolSpa guy has a hot body but when he says, "It's not about being perfect" he means "I won't stop until I'm perfect!" Kind of like how racists start sentences with, "I'm not racist, but..."

by Anonymousreply 144August 31, 2017 11:19 PM

This stupid commercial leaves me with more questions than answers and zero interest in buying hamburgers or French fries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145August 31, 2017 11:52 PM

I have not read the entire thread and do not know if this was posted: I have been rewatching old Project Runway seasons on the Lifetime site and they keep showing a commercial with Mark Wahlberg (I do not care if I misspelled his name) for an internet/mobile carrier. I cannot stand the guy, which is bad enough; and then he introduces Angelica Huston who is hiding behind a curtain wearing a huge dollar sign (representing hidden fees) over an evening gown with heels. I was like, “WTF? Does she have bills to pay and Papa John didn’t leave her enough in the will?” The commercial is one big turd. Mute and FF.

by Anonymousreply 146September 1, 2017 2:05 AM

That commercial for Hanes breathable underwear, where the bridesmaids are in the dressing room admiring the bride's underwear while she struggles to pull her dress over her head. When they start blowing on the underwear, I wanna barf.

by Anonymousreply 147September 4, 2017 10:27 PM

There are two commercials with this ominous music, scenes of fields and woodland, and then a serious-toned narrator telling you how you "can symbolically adopt" either a tiger or an elephant by sending them money to make more of their stupid goddamned commercials!

by Anonymousreply 148September 4, 2017 11:52 PM

Steph Curry is yet another sports star with zero charisma who stars in too many commercials for too many products. All of his many commercial suck and they run all the damn time.

by Anonymousreply 149September 4, 2017 11:58 PM

The MacDonald's commercial is annoying, but Manager Dave does have a nice ass.

by Anonymousreply 150September 5, 2017 12:28 AM

Then there's the ad for the Pain Clinic, or the Pain Warehouse, or the pain something something. Someone steps off a curb and writhes in agony because their ankle apparently has fallen off. Next, someone straightens out and grabs their back in agony. The voiceover goes something like "Are you in pain? We know pain! We can help.." Then cut to a busy office of marketers in headsets, and every last fucking one of them, old, and young, males and female, Latino, and white are smiling so broadly and boldly that I'd lay even money that there are people under the desks holding pistols up to their crotches with a sign that says "you better smile the smile to end all smiles or I'll blow your balls and/or tits off." It's just unreal.

by Anonymousreply 151September 5, 2017 1:13 AM

That Petsmart advert where some eejit chick is singing (if you can call it singing) something along the lines of 'if I were you, I'd want to be me'. Hate it.

by Anonymousreply 152September 5, 2017 1:17 AM

The Kars 4 Kids commercial!!!!! I hate it with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns!!!!

Also, the actual charity only benefits Orthodox Jewish children and families - which they don't state and has resulted in a couple of current investigations for fraud and deception.

But it's really those kids and damn jingle I hate!!!

by Anonymousreply 153September 5, 2017 1:28 AM

The bed-in-a-box industry is very mind-fucky. Leesa and their Sepira brand's frequent cable news commercials make me want to run out of the room screaming. These may cut through the commercial clutter, but the verdict is: I'll buy anything but their shit.

Leesa has an adult voiceover 'artist' who rocks a condescending 3 year old girl's voice throughout. I am not a child, and I refuse to be talked to as if I'm one.

Sepira's aiming for meth addicts, and scores big with the target speed freaks with hyper noise and high pressure throughout. Strain 3 fuzz-tone speed metal guitars through a 3" speaker backing up a high pressure voiceover guy who orders: YOU NEED THIS MATTRESS!!! No, I need sleep, now fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 154September 5, 2017 2:17 AM

Yeah, I led off with those fucking mattress commercials. Did you know they are "dangerously comfortable?" I want to have a stack of those mattresses held by a crane overhead and drop them on his head as he's saying that phrase. I suspect that after he is silenced that idiot woman won't literally say "ahhh" when she gets in bed; instead, she will literally say "AHHHH, there are rattlesnakes in this bed!"

by Anonymousreply 155September 5, 2017 2:32 AM

[quote]That fucking My Pillow asshole. His latest commercial has him showing up in a couple's medicine cabinet mirror (since he's a former coke addict, he was probably stealing their prescription drugs). And he prominently displays a crucifix necklace from his neck, since he's a born again Christian and Trump supporter. Of course

THANK YOU! I came here to say this exact thing. I just saw that crucifix commercial for the first time last night and it made me so angry. He only wants to sell to Christians? That's the impression it gives.

by Anonymousreply 156September 5, 2017 6:23 AM

I'm getting really fed up with the conman douche who plays a doctor of some kind in those "Addiction Network" commercials.

They're just a referral company for people who need addiction treatment, so maybe they're providing a good service, I don't know. But that phony guy who does all the talking can suck my asshole. What are your credentials, motherfucker?

by Anonymousreply 157September 5, 2017 6:27 AM

In case anyone is unfamiliar. It airs all the time on MSNBC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158September 5, 2017 6:29 AM

those god damn toilet paper bears.

who is their target audience??

by Anonymousreply 159September 5, 2017 6:38 AM

R26: I saw that horrendous thing today. That girl looks like she is about to morph into Mulan and start singing. I find the ad incredibly disrespectful-- like they searched for some "minority looking girl "

by Anonymousreply 160September 5, 2017 7:53 AM

To change things for a moment, I'll tell you one that I really like. It's for the NY Lottery Cash4Life and it focuses on a daughter's love for her dad and winning the money to spend more time with him and surround him with his favorite things. Really nice commercial, and the salsa music is great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161September 5, 2017 8:22 AM

Start your own thread, R161. This one's for commercials that we despise.

by Anonymousreply 162September 5, 2017 10:37 AM

The "Untickit" tool, babbling on about how he designed a shirt that looks good un-tucked. So, basically, he "designed" a shirt with a shorted hem and a closer fit -- but he goes on as if he cured cancer or something.

by Anonymousreply 163September 6, 2017 3:21 AM

I loathe the Untucked guy with the heat of a thousand dying planets.

by Anonymousreply 164September 6, 2017 5:30 AM

Everyone hates that guy. He had to make a follow up ad explaining why his simple concept is similar to a lot of other simple yet GENIUS breakthroughs.

He's a NJ dough head who comes from money.

by Anonymousreply 165September 6, 2017 6:33 AM

I hate the My Pillow commercials.

Ibhate the commercials telling you to call your congressman and tell them, you want rich people tovget tax cuts. It made me email my cingressnan to tell him I did not want rich people to get tax cuts AND I DON'T!!

by Anonymousreply 166September 6, 2017 7:55 AM

6 > 1

by Anonymousreply 167September 6, 2017 9:19 AM

This thread is dangerously comfortable. When I read it, I literally say "ahh." It helps me think, but only in the best way possible. But unlike Xeljanz XR, it won't cause tingling on my fingers, thoughts of suicide, risk of tuberculosis or sudden death.

by Anonymousreply 168September 6, 2017 12:35 PM

"A chance to live longer" -- adverts by some drug company for their cancer drug that costs a bazillion dollars.

by Anonymousreply 169September 6, 2017 12:57 PM

I absolutely hate this goddamned commercial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170September 6, 2017 1:19 PM

R170 Jesus Christ. Shoot me now.

by Anonymousreply 171September 6, 2017 1:51 PM

That's the first time I've seen an ad on TV encouraging/explaining how to be a father. Usually it's just a print ad in the subway.

Always geared to blacks and Hispanics, mind you.

by Anonymousreply 172September 6, 2017 1:54 PM

Holy shit, I saw an ad for the creation museum! Ironically, it was on Oprah's channel during an episode of Lisa Ling's show where she was talking about cults. Some dumb kids in a garden who asked stupid questions like, "why is dirt so dirty? why are tomatoes red?" and then all of a sudden, "was there a real Garden of Eden?" and the mom says, "Let's go find out!" and they pan in on the dinosaur outside the Creation Museum. I was fucking shocked, I had to text my 78 yr old dad and laugh with him.

by Anonymousreply 173September 6, 2017 3:59 PM

The "23&Me" ad with the freckle-faced black woman traveling around the world visiting her "ancestors". Those genetic testing sites paint such a rosy picture - you find out that you're X percent Asian or African, you're gonna jump on a plane and joyfully track down 'your' people'. Sure.

They never show the person who finds out that their ancestors were a bunch of slave traders or Nazis - it's always positive and full of smiles.

by Anonymousreply 174September 6, 2017 4:49 PM

Are you trying to tell us something about your family, r174?

by Anonymousreply 175September 6, 2017 4:54 PM

r174 It's not even about your ancestry, it's just a way for "the man" to get your DNA on file, no thanks!

by Anonymousreply 176September 6, 2017 5:05 PM

I agree, r176.

They can get my DNA by any number of surreptitious ways, but I'll be damned if I make it easy for them by mailing it in!

by Anonymousreply 177September 6, 2017 5:34 PM

Currently there's a super annoying ad for a local NYC car dealership, it's for, IIIRC, Major Chevrolet in Long Island City. The ad features what appear to be local Puerto Rican drivers, men and women, going on about how great this particular dealership is, "They're not about money, they just want you to drive!" WTF does that even mean?! Is this dealership giving away their cars???!!

All the people speak in that odd combo of PR/New Yawk accents. New Yorkers will know what I mean, It's such an extremely grating ad. One guy's voice is so garbled, he sounds as if he's speaking a foreign language. This commercial is so tacky in reminds me of a Time Warner TV ad which ran a few years ago, with people in a pool and that awful Reggaeton music, there was a similar fat guy talking in the same garbled English. I realize these businesses are trying to reach a specific demographic, but jeez, this low rent shit is so fucking annoying and just plain bad!

by Anonymousreply 178September 6, 2017 5:55 PM

I have to go back to the Liberty Mutual commercials. "Do they want you driving around in 3/4 of a car?" Yes. Yes, they do because that will keep people off the roads who are stupid enough to drive their brand new car (Brad #2?) into a tree. Clearly, these commercials are directed at people who have absolutely no understanding of how insurance works. In the interest of full disclosure, someone needs to let the nitwit viewers know that their insurance company does not love them.

KFC commercials where they seem to think that having a different idiotic Colonel Sanders for every type of chicken they sell is necessary. And they pick the most annoying people to play that role.

Any kind of pharmaceutical ad. Because of these horrid commercials people think they know as much about meds and doctors and so demand to be prescribed the newest thing on the market. Then they find out their insurance doesn't cover it and the manufacturer doesn't really want to give it away with their Patient Assistance Plans. Pharmaceutical companies and attorneys should not be allowed to advertise on tv.

Those fucking ASPCA commercials showing abused dogs and cats while Sarah McLachlan sings Angel in the background. First of all, no one wants to see abused animals and if you do, then go directly to hell because you are not a human being. Secondly, the song is about Jonathan Melvoin's death by heroin OD. Wow. Great choice of song.

by Anonymousreply 179September 6, 2017 7:28 PM

[quote]KFC commercials where they seem to think that having a different idiotic Colonel Sanders for every type of chicken they sell is necessary. And they pick the most annoying people to play that role.

I actually enjoy those ads, I always try to figure out who is playing the Colonel. So far I've recognized Billy Zane, Jim Gaffigan, Rob Riggle, George Hamilton, Norm MacDonald and Darrell Hammond (I think he was the best, he was always great on SNL).

I don't even eat KFC, but the commercials have been entertaining. I enjoyed the one with the original Colonel CGI-ed into a scene with two punk teens gobbling the chicken.

by Anonymousreply 180September 6, 2017 8:19 PM

Are we all the colonel?

by Anonymousreply 181September 6, 2017 8:21 PM

When will Erika Slezak be the Colonel?

by Anonymousreply 182September 6, 2017 8:52 PM

another MASSIVE hater of drug/medicine commercials.

it seems every day, there are NEW medicines advertised.

i cannot explain how much i loathe them all. are they trying to make people sick, hypochondriacs?? fearful??

"ask you doctor about"....yeah right, we are gonna ask a doctor about shit we didn't even know about til you mentioned it. fuck off.

ok, i am going crazy with this but, ya know? they took booze commercials and cigarette commercials off TV....i wish to fuck we could get

this shit off. it is really dangerous and 1984-ish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183September 6, 2017 11:00 PM

I want flaming Ross Mathews to be the Colonel. "Here's your CHICKKKEN, bitches!" I wonder how THAT would play in Kentucky.

by Anonymousreply 184September 6, 2017 11:33 PM

But when will KFC introduce a Colonel who is a POC?

by Anonymousreply 185September 7, 2017 6:16 AM

I agree that pharmaceuticals commercials have got to go. They just seem so bizarre and inappropriate and we managed just fine without them for decades. Why are they legal?

by Anonymousreply 186September 7, 2017 6:36 AM

The best part on the pharma ads is when they say, "tell your doctor if you've had a kidney transplant...." Jesus, I would hope my doctor would already possess this knowledge. I guess people get busy and they forget, "Oh shit, doc, I forgot to tell you, the reason that I take 87 anti-rejection drugs a day is because I had a kidney transplant a few years back! I knew there was something I forgot to check on that new patient form you gave me!"

by Anonymousreply 187September 7, 2017 6:48 AM

"Ask your doctor if [ insert name of the week here ] is right for you. Warning: can cause dizziness, ringing in ears, or trembling in hands, lips, and feet. Tell your doctor if you experience chills, have trouble sleeping, develop a hoarse, raspy voice, or have brown, syrupy urine. While uncommon, reports of copraphilia, leprosy, and sudden death have occured. May contain dog's blood.

"It's my life, and [ insert name of the week here ] has given that back to me."

by Anonymousreply 188September 7, 2017 12:59 PM

Didn't the Nazis started collecting DNA sample with thier people?

by Anonymousreply 189September 7, 2017 9:14 PM

My favorite is a drug ad that says something like, "People with a history of drug or alcohol abuse may be prone to abuse [drug name]."

That's way harsh, Tai.

by Anonymousreply 190September 7, 2017 9:29 PM

"I'd like to eat, eat, eat, apples and bananas..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191September 7, 2017 9:51 PM

The godawful series of ads for Discover card, where one person calls Discovery with questions, and the person that answers looks, sounds, ans acts like the caller. The most reason one has these two white guys with huge, blocky heads that are annoying as fuck. The one opens a refrigerator, pulls out a container of sushi, realizes it has gone bad, and then proceeds to alternate gagging noises with the caller. What a fucking obnoxious ad!

by Anonymousreply 192September 7, 2017 11:52 PM

R192 — Here's a great parody of that stupid Discover ad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193September 8, 2017 12:39 AM

Those Spectrum monsters are now interacting with regular people. In their first ad (commuter train), they were invisible to regular people.

Am I the only one who notices annoying inconsistencies like this? Probably.

by Anonymousreply 194September 8, 2017 12:49 AM

[quote] it's just a way for "the man" to get your DNA on file,

Actually, it is Jewish data mining.

Facebook was the first.

by Anonymousreply 195September 8, 2017 12:59 AM

Can we please stop trying to make that muscle-head at r193 happen here? His "parodies" are never funny. Never.

And, no, he's NOT hot.

by Anonymousreply 196September 8, 2017 3:56 AM

Wrong on both counts, R196.

by Anonymousreply 197September 8, 2017 11:41 AM

SEE ME.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198September 8, 2017 12:31 PM

That fucking Vistaprint commercial for the fictitious "Daniel Ellis Photography" has the most annoying instrumental with non-sensical vocal song currently on TV and MSNBC plays it fucking constantly.

The guitar part is okay, nothing original, but the sassy vocal makes me want to slit the singers' throats and fine the songwriter(s) who told them to do it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199September 9, 2017 1:57 AM

I haven't seen most of the commercials listed in this thread, are they a middle-America thing? They're certainly not ubiquitous on the East Coast. A few I've seen such as the KFC, Discover, pharma ads, Liberty and Spectrum ads, but the rest, WTF? That Chevy dealership commercial I listed upthread, plays non-stop nightly on Comedy Central, talk about grating to the point of nausea.

Certains ads must be shown to appeal to specific demographics. I've never seen a Vistaprint ad where I live.

by Anonymousreply 200September 9, 2017 3:10 AM

That Vistaprint ad is all over MSNBC. I'm in NYC and see it all the time.

No offense, but Comedy Central, Cartoon Network, Spike, etc. have a different demo than the news networks. That's probably why you see more ads for beer, sugary cereal, etc.

by Anonymousreply 201September 9, 2017 3:27 AM

The "Special K" commercial about all the wonderful things women do, like giving birth, running marathons, holding jobs, etc. Many of the points they make are just ridiculous. (How does the fact that women run marathons make women special?) The truly obnoxious part is "how do they do it?" It's by eating all of these different ingredients of Special K products.

Thank God for the quinoa in Special K power bars. Otherwise, we wouldn't have childbirth.

by Anonymousreply 202September 9, 2017 3:34 AM

[quote]No offense, but Comedy Central, Cartoon Network, Spike, etc. have a different demo than the news networks. That's probably why you see more ads for beer, sugary cereal, etc.

The Chevy ad is for new cars at a Long Island City dealership, hardly the demo for teen drivers, the demo for that ad seems to be Puerto Ricans from Queens, mostly LIC and Astoria. In general, I don't pay much attention to TV ads or much advertising in general. I do notice the entertaining and good ads. I've work in advertising for many years, I know the kind of shit ad agencies push to the public, I would have loved to work during the Golden Age of Advertising, this sure isn't it! Thankfully, I have nothing to do with creating the actual commercials. I'm a graphics person for print ads.

I watch MSNBC daily, I've never seen the Vistaprint ad.

by Anonymousreply 203September 9, 2017 3:53 AM

Daniel Ellis is a hot piece of ass though, R199. Those eyes!

by Anonymousreply 204September 9, 2017 4:03 AM

The McDonald's commercial in which the black kid has his boss read his college admissions letter. TV tokenism.

by Anonymousreply 205September 9, 2017 4:03 AM

For you, r180:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206September 9, 2017 4:07 AM

I'm the advertising dude and I love those KFC ads, sue me!

by Anonymousreply 207September 9, 2017 4:55 AM

I love that Allstate commercial with the young guy explaining to his parents the story about his minor car accident caused by that unnecessarily small drive through or something like that. The kid gets grounded by the Mom........never since the young guy and the Dad are both hot, in my mind I see that vaguely-Arabic-looking Dad following the kid out to reprimand him with bareback fuck in the kid's bedroom!

by Anonymousreply 208September 9, 2017 5:03 AM

[quote]I love that Allstate commercial with the young guy explaining to his parents the story about his minor car accident caused by that unnecessarily small drive through or something like that. The kid gets grounded by the Mom........never since the young guy and the Dad are both hot, in my mind I see that vaguely-Arabic-looking Dad following the kid out to reprimand him with bareback fuck in the kid's bedroom!

Is that the same insurance company with the Indian looking kid is calling home about the car crash he was just in, he asks his friend about a wrench or is that Liberty?

His cute friend sounds exactly like Keanu Reeves in "Bill & Ted".

by Anonymousreply 209September 9, 2017 5:11 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 210September 10, 2017 7:25 PM

I don't know what the product is because I hate the commercial so much, and it plays CONSTANTLY on CNN and MSNBC. But the part hat annoys the FUCK out of me is the line "FROM JELLYFISH!"

by Anonymousreply 211September 10, 2017 8:15 PM

Special K is all about messing with women's minds. When I was growing up, the ads made it seem like eating Special K was a weight loss miracle in a box. The commercials said have a bowl in the morning AND two "sensible" meals the rest of the day and watch the pounds disappear. They didn't give those light meals any credit at all!

by Anonymousreply 212September 10, 2017 8:23 PM

I HATE the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter ad where that thing goes "vegan" and "organic".

by Anonymousreply 213September 11, 2017 12:32 PM

What kind of idiots need to be told, "Don't take this medication if you are allergic to it" or "Seek medical attention if you can't breathe, have severe chest pain or a seizure"?

by Anonymousreply 214September 12, 2017 8:11 AM

[quote]What kind of idiots need to be told, "Don't take this medication if you are allergic to it" or "Seek medical attention if you can't breathe, have severe chest pain or a seizure"?

Of course, but on the other hand, some people don't know if they're allergic to a new medication. You don't know unless you've taken the medication before, if it's new, you've never taken it before. I'm allergic to three medications penicillin, aspirin and whatever is in Aleve.

by Anonymousreply 215September 12, 2017 8:27 AM

[quote]But when will KFC introduce a Colonel who is a POC?u

They already have, R185. He is the "Extra Crispy" Colonel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216September 12, 2017 9:31 AM

Ads for two of the upcoming Fall 2017 TV shows:

1) Young Sheldon coming to CBS, based off the show The Big Bang Theory. It looks incredibly unfunny and one of those crap comedies that relies on a braying laugh track to tell you something amusing happened. I don't watch any CBS shows except Amazing Race and Survivor - all of the rest I find unwatchable. I've never seen more than 3 minutes of The Big Bang Theory cause it looks dumb and unfunny. Anyway, I hate the commercial for this new show, especially when the kid says "think, monkey, think". Ugh.

2) Some new Fox show with Adam Scott and Craig Robinson playing ghost hunters. OMG, the commercials make this look like a bad dream; has network TV just given up on any kind of quality programming? It's like they have no respect for their audience.

by Anonymousreply 217September 12, 2017 7:43 PM

Ooh, I just can't wait for that little boy to say "Bazinga!"

by Anonymousreply 218September 12, 2017 7:46 PM

I hate it when the guru says "vegan" and "organic" in the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter ad.

by Anonymousreply 219September 12, 2017 7:52 PM

r199 The Daniel Ellis guy is fucking beautiful, though. I get jealous that I don't have teeth or eyes like him whenever it comes on.

by Anonymousreply 220September 12, 2017 8:10 PM

I hate, hate, hate the insurance commercial where a guy is singing his song in the park and then Jennifer Hudson appears out of nowhere and takes over. I want him to beat her with his guitar.

by Anonymousreply 221September 12, 2017 8:23 PM

Me too, R221. It's super annoying!

by Anonymousreply 222September 12, 2017 11:17 PM

Upthread, people were complaining about all the stupid warnings pharma ads. Just saw the Linzess one (a laxative) that says, verbatim "Don't give Linzess to children less than 6 years old. You shouldn't give Linzess to children 6 to 18."

Why not just say, don't give to anyone under 19?

by Anonymousreply 223September 12, 2017 11:38 PM

That gawdawful Amazon commercial with the family whose baby loves her stuffed lion, but is afraid of the dog. So the dad buys a lion's mane off of Amazon, puts it on the dog, and the baby likes the dog.

Jeezus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 224September 13, 2017 1:29 PM

R224, I think that one is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 225September 13, 2017 1:32 PM

R225 Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 226September 13, 2017 1:33 PM

I hate that the cute little dancing and happy sugar covered cereal flakes wind up EATING EACH OTHER viciously and voraciously.

by Anonymousreply 227September 13, 2017 2:18 PM

Dumb smug frau who sits with her "kooky" friend drinking a fucking dole fruit cup. "these are packed in fruit juice, let me ask you something, would you put your fish in water or something that has water in it?" And the friend looking just entirely kooked out, with her fun glasses, "Oh I get it!" Fuck you, condescending cunt, if you really want to be healthy you'd be eating fresh fruit, how dare you cast aspersions on me?!

by Anonymousreply 228September 13, 2017 2:31 PM

The fruit cup commercial is one of many in which the person using the product comes across like an asshole. I've noticed this weird trend lately. Why would a company choose to make its customers look bad? Shouldn't it make the people who don't use the product look bad instead?

Because I don't want to buy your fruit cups if it's going to make me a condescending asshole like the woman in your commercial.

by Anonymousreply 229September 13, 2017 4:31 PM

Who is meant the watch the tv commercials for Non 24 Syndrome? Aren't the victims blind?

by Anonymousreply 230September 13, 2017 5:17 PM

r230 Ha, I always say that too! Odd.

by Anonymousreply 231September 13, 2017 5:20 PM

My current irk is the bitch in the Home Chef commercial where she is cooking some salmon shit.

I hate this actress. I hate the shit-eating smirk puts on her face as she presents her salmon dish.

I hate Home Chef for hiring her.

I hate people who use these "meal-in-a-box" companies. Typically they are portrayed in the advertising as clueless millennials.

How stupid do you have to be to be unable to read a recipe and know what ingredients you'll need to buy at the grocery store?

"Hey Home Chef .. fuck you! Will never buy your product!"

by Anonymousreply 232September 13, 2017 5:38 PM

That pill for blind people reminds me of the Chris Rock stand up he did as his SNL monologue a while back.

Paraphrasing:

"They used to cure diseases like blindness. But not no more. Why? Because there's no money in a cure. The money is in the medicine! If you're blind, the best you can hope for is a free dog!"

by Anonymousreply 233September 13, 2017 5:44 PM

STAY WITH ME MR.. PARKER...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 234September 13, 2017 6:55 PM

I saw the ad for Invokana (diabetes drug), flipped the channel and saw the law firm asking anyone with any of the side effect from using Invokana to call them. I think the lawsuit commercials are just as bad. The most recent was for Just For Men users.

by Anonymousreply 235September 13, 2017 7:15 PM

Hey R224 - I'm with you on the Amazon ad. That singer... blurg. Her breathy whispering voice and the lyrics make me want to kick something. The other things is that bothers me is the absolutely needless things that people spend money on. A fake fur mane for a dog? Lawd have mercy.

I know it's only a commercial but I'm sure people are buying that kind of crap, and worse, every day. Send some of that money to Darfur.

by Anonymousreply 236September 13, 2017 7:40 PM

Right r236 and r224? If a fucking precious, smiley retriever is too scary for your kid, you may want to hold him back a year. How is a lion less scary?

by Anonymousreply 237September 13, 2017 7:48 PM

R236, you can just send me the dog. He looks delicious.

by Anonymousreply 238September 13, 2017 7:52 PM

Those Hormel fruit, nuts, and cheese snack commercials, where two people are sitting on a bench, and one says "I'm eating these Hormel snacks, one serving gives me x amount of protein and gives me energy for the whole day", yada yada, and the second idiot says something like "Well, I'm eating this beef jerky---and this blade of grass!" and stuffs the grass in his mouth (followed by immediate regret). Another in the "Who the fuck DOES this?!" category of ad campaigns (see r224)

by Anonymousreply 239September 13, 2017 8:10 PM

"These are real people, NOT actors!"

So, actors aren't real people?

And what luck, they just happened to find "real people" who talk and react just like real actors reading from a script.

Real man (not an actor) with a precious top knot: "That's a bad mama jama!"

Laughter all around. I guess the ad was filmed in 2010.

Oh, brother.

by Anonymousreply 240September 13, 2017 9:31 PM

Apparently those really are "real people" and not actors in those car commercials

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241September 13, 2017 9:37 PM

I do not care that Steph Curry likes to drive his spiffy fast car around in imaginary swooping circles drawn by his daughter. I do not care that ANY basketball player/random athlete likes a particular car or soap or beer or sneaker.

by Anonymousreply 242September 13, 2017 10:07 PM

Just posted on another thread but here, in Canada, the carpool karaoke shit has started making its way into most banal commercials.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243September 13, 2017 10:09 PM

[quote]That gawdawful Amazon commercial with the family whose baby loves her stuffed lion, but is afraid of the dog. So the dad buys a lion's mane off of Amazon, puts it on the dog, and the baby likes the dog.

LOVE that ad, so well done and it doesn't even require dialog! Fabulous ad! The dog is amazing too.

by Anonymousreply 244September 13, 2017 10:21 PM

The commercial with the two fraus talking about some cell plan and the annoying remake version of "Always Something There to Remind Me" is used. The shot then cuts to their awful back tattoos.

As if they are both stuck with some dumb remnant of their Spring Break from whatever era that remake came out?! Tats CAN be removed! It's a dumb and extremely annoying commercial. Can't believe these ad agency people make big bucks for such unimaginative garbage.

by Anonymousreply 245September 13, 2017 10:27 PM

So what it doesn't require dialog r244, that doesn't make it deep, I would rather have dialog than that fucking twee woman singer who is in every commercial now. Any ad can be sold without dialog, that doesn't make the writers profound. Plus they have an Asian couple which seems like they are trying way too hard...no thanks. r245 What's funny is the first time I saw that I thought they were panning back to show the kids as something they regret, so it could work on 2 levels.

by Anonymousreply 246September 13, 2017 10:30 PM

[quote]So what it doesn't require dialog [R244], that doesn't make it deep, I would rather have dialog than that fucking twee woman singer who is in every commercial now. Any ad can be sold without dialog, that doesn't make the writers profound. Plus they have an Asian couple which seems like they are trying way too hard...no thanks

No one said the fucking commercial was deep, let alone profound, at least I didn't. This ad will work around the world because there is no dialog, now do you comprehend? Amazon is a global ecommerce company.

I work in advertising, on print ads, not on commercials. I can say with 100% confidence, this TV commercial works. It's pleasant with attractive people and the dog is cute. The baby is clearly not afraid of her lion toy, putting the same mane on the dog, calmed her down. How simple is the damn ad, you didn't get it?

Are you also against Asians in TV commercials? WTF? Everyone buys on Amazon and the company wants to get that message across. Racist much?! You just seem to be itching for an argument.

The song is a bit annoying, the ad works and that's all that matters in advertising. The ad was brought back because people liked it.

by Anonymousreply 247September 14, 2017 12:43 AM

Does this ad work? Because it makes me want to murder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248September 14, 2017 12:54 AM

I like Cecily Strong on SNL, but I absolutely HATE her on those Triscuits ads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249September 14, 2017 1:57 AM

There's a new ad for Alzheimer's research, urging us to march & buy white flowers to contribute. The announcer's voice sounds like the wistful young woman who used to muse earnestly about the sandwiches at the Panera restaurant ("just a sandwich?"). I hate to hate this faceless person just because she has an annoying voice & takes mediocre sandwiches far too seriously, & at least raising money to end a deadly disease is a worthy cause -- but I can't help cringe whenever I hear her, regardless of what she's talking about.

by Anonymousreply 250September 14, 2017 2:03 AM

Ads with no talking are completely wasted on me because I usually listen to the tv while I'm doing something else. This also applies wto people who,get up to fix a snack during the commercial.

by Anonymousreply 251September 14, 2017 2:04 AM

[quote]Does this ad work? Because it makes me want to murder.

Actually no, that ad doesn't work because it's just too annoying to the point of pain. Maybe if the wrinkly shirt guy was actually good looking, that might make the ad more bearable.

Years ago, ads which were a bit annoying actually became some of the best TV ads during the Golden Age of Advertising. Google and read about the classic TV and print ads. Lots of great info, some people in this thread might actually learn the mechanics of what makes a great TV commercial as well as memorable print ads.

by Anonymousreply 252September 14, 2017 2:35 AM

Everyone loves everyone's favorite Friend, Jen Aniston, talking about "eye love" while sitting on the floor in her luxuriously furnished home because all normal people sit on the floor rather than a $10,000 couch that is mere inches away.

by Anonymousreply 253September 14, 2017 2:45 AM

I loathe the song in the Budweiser commercial showing all of their breweries throughout the U.S. I thought it was saying won't you come drink with me, now, now.....but no.

Here are the lyrics. I don't understand the dream reference. It's the American Dream because their shitty beer is available almost everywhere? Or they're living the dream from the profits? If it were played less, maybe I wouldn't hate it as much now, now. Hate hate, now now.

Lyrics: ♬Won’t you come dream with me now now Chasing down a beautiful dream Won’t you come dream with me now now Won’t you come dream Won’t you come dream with me now now..♬

by Anonymousreply 254September 14, 2017 3:24 AM

That Amazon ad would be way more tolerable if they ditched that horrid, cloying song.

by Anonymousreply 255September 14, 2017 3:26 AM

This has been annoying the shit out of me. The frau asks who the distressed looking bee keeper is and when she is told it is an intern make a bitchy face like " fuck that beekeper" What a cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256September 14, 2017 3:50 AM

R245 is triggered or something. That commercial is actually pretty funny and effective. And the hot guy in the orange swimsuit behind them is fun to focus on.

Of all the bad commercials on TV, that one doesn't even rate.

by Anonymousreply 257September 14, 2017 3:55 AM

I can hate it if I want you dimb bitch. People who ssy triggered are assholes imho.

by Anonymousreply 258September 14, 2017 4:01 AM

[quote][R245] is triggered or something. That commercial is actually pretty funny and effective. And the hot guy in the orange swimsuit behind them is fun to focus on. Of all the bad commercials on TV, that one doesn't even rate.

Not triggered at all. It's my field and I know what I'm talking about.

First off, the women talking about their phone plans are too young to have been in college when the Naked Eyes remake of "Always Something There To Remind Me" was released, they'd be well into their 50s by now. They definitely don't look that old. The song was released 34 years ago! The way the song is used, it's assumed that was the song during their Springbreak when they got the awful back tats.

If these ad agencies are trying to appeal to specific demographics, they really need people who know what they're doing, people who are capable of doing actual research. Bad TV commercials, and print ads, remind me of that cable series with Steve Coogan, where he played an ad exec who was dealing with clueless workers, most didn't really know their craft, yet the CD was always letting those idiots slide. Good show but likely not interesting to people not in the field.

by Anonymousreply 259September 14, 2017 4:49 AM

My biggest problem with the Jennifer Aniston "Eye Love" is with the lines she says with such earnest which makes it sounds as if she's suffering from cancer or some debilitating disease. I think at some point she actually says something like "My best friends never knew I suffered from **dramatic pause** dry eyes".

by Anonymousreply 260September 14, 2017 4:55 AM

[quote] I think at some point she actually says something like "My best friends never knew I suffered from **dramatic pause** dry eyes".

At least Jennifer didn't say she suffered from, "dry vag"!

Now that's a commercial I'd love to see, a very famous person, or A-List star, hawking, a vaginal dryness cream, a douche product or an erectile dysfunction medication! Sure, a few years ago, some over-the-hill male athlete did an erectile dysfunction ad, but I'm talking about someone really famous doing such an ad.

by Anonymousreply 261September 14, 2017 5:20 AM

What about a wet vag r261?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262September 14, 2017 5:38 AM

R262, is Lisa Rinna really all that famous? She's a soap actress now a reality show star. Harry is not even that famous, I was talking a celebrity who is super star level.

by Anonymousreply 263September 14, 2017 6:14 AM

All of Yoplait's "Mom On" series of commercials, including, but not limited to: fat mom dismissing someone who questions her letting her fat kids eat Yoplait whenever they want; mom sneering at the oldsters giving her side-eye for nursing in public; mom who shares the secret that mom juice = wine, as if that's never been "exposed" before...

Also, screeching Beyonce and "running" Kristen Stewart for a Chanel something-or-other (fragrance?).

by Anonymousreply 264September 14, 2017 6:41 AM

I hate the psa where the fat little boy calls up his grandma (in the same house) and asks for another grape soda. Grandma looks like such a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 265September 14, 2017 12:55 PM

R247 I work in advertising, too, and here's why I have a problem with that Amazon commercial. One of the primary objectives of advertising is brand awareness and recognition. In this respect, the commercial succeeds, because everyone knows it's an ad for Amazon.

However, what the commercial fails to do, in my opinion and my opinion only, is make the viewer want to be part of the Amazon experience. And here's why:

It take a realistic event- the baby being afraid of the family dog - and creates a completely unrealistic resolution to the problem. There isn't a family in the world - in the universe - in any galaxy - who would look to buying a synthetic lion's mane from Amazon for their dog to help their baby get over her fear of dogs. Just ain't gonna happen.

It promotes the notion that the solution to every problem is a smartphone, a website, and a few clicks, which immediately detaches the viewer.

It tries far too hard to be hip - the horrific, millennial-voiced singer, the oh-so-westernized Asian family, and once again, the suggestion that today's with-it families just use electronic solutions to solve non-electronic problems. And any marketing or advertising person worth their salt will tell you that when you try too hard to create a "hip" advertisement, you get backlash from truly "hip" consumers.

Yes, the commercial makes you remember Amazon, but it reinforces the idea that people who need to use Amazon to solve a simple problem are really annoying and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 266September 14, 2017 1:38 PM

The Amazon commercial is annoying but it communicates that the company sells lots of things (not just books) including quirky things needed to fix quirky problems. It also communicates ease of use and fast delivery. Just my take on it.

by Anonymousreply 267September 14, 2017 1:53 PM

Why does Amazon even need television advertising? Isn't everyone already using it for everything?

by Anonymousreply 268September 14, 2017 2:50 PM

Anything Geico. They're just lazy and not funny.

by Anonymousreply 269September 14, 2017 2:57 PM

Theres one for some security product being pushed by John Walsh.

The man has made a 40 yr career off his sons murder. It doesnt get any creepier.

I really wish hed fuck off & die already

by Anonymousreply 270September 14, 2017 3:01 PM

I had any commercial that features that ugly Frankenstein Peyton (that's a girl's name by the way) Manning.

by Anonymousreply 271September 14, 2017 4:31 PM

I am starting to hate the McDonalds commercial with the acceptance letter.

by Anonymousreply 272September 14, 2017 4:39 PM

I can't believe this thread is at 273 responses and no one has mentioned the PC-Matic commercials.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273September 14, 2017 5:10 PM

[quote]It tries far too hard to be hip - the horrific, millennial-voiced singer, the oh-so-westernized Asian family, and once again, the suggestion that today's with-it families just use electronic solutions to solve non-electronic problems. And any marketing or advertising person worth their salt will tell you that when you try too hard to create a "hip" advertisement, you get backlash from truly "hip" consumers.

Ironically, I feel this TV ad is not "hip" at all. I actually find it harkens back to another era. Besides, if you are already using Amazon, if you're intelligent enough and satisfied with their service, who the hell would allow a TV commercial to change that? I personally don't think advertising works for truly intelligent people.

You are putting way too much thought into what is essentially a very simple TV ad, which is essentially about Amazon selling more than just books and entertainment media. R267 put it very succinctly.

Westernized Asian family? Most upwardly mobile young Asians are literally more modern than most Americans of the same age group. You clearly don't know many young Asians. Yes, ppl DO actually use electronic solutions to solve lots of problems. One of my close friends is agoraphobic, he runs his business from his home, he orders everything, even food, via his computer or cell. I cannot remember the last time he left his block! He's lucky to have a backyard, otherwise he'd never get fresh air.

How about the fact that hipsters think they are beyond getting their information via commercials? Do you think they are sitting around watching TV ads? Hipsters are of a generation which thinks they invented the wheel, they are literally too hip for the room! They are beyond listening to TV ads to 'curate' their lifestyles! Lifestyles, btw, which are mined from many past generations, but that's for a whole other discussion.

by Anonymousreply 274September 14, 2017 5:57 PM

[quote] I personally don't think advertising works for truly intelligent people.

I agree, R274. But how many of those exist in modern America? And how many of that small group watch TV at all, let alone pay attention to the commercials?

by Anonymousreply 275September 15, 2017 1:31 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276September 15, 2017 1:59 AM

6 > 1

by Anonymousreply 277September 15, 2017 6:12 PM

"Let's dance grandma"!

by Anonymousreply 278September 15, 2017 6:23 PM

That commercial with the baby gerbil escaping from a human maternity ward, with human nurses hitting the lockdown button and chasing after him but fail to catch him as he uses his diaper as a parachute down into the sunroof of a car driven by adult gerbils. What.The.Fuck?

by Anonymousreply 279September 15, 2017 6:32 PM

Yeah, R279, but...LEMMY!!!

by Anonymousreply 280September 15, 2017 6:58 PM

R279, that 's not a gerbil, it's a hamster -- which only matters to those who care, I realize.

I love that ad, & the long version (see link) is even better. Perfect music too: "I know I'm gonna lose but that's the way I like it Baby, I don't want to live forever!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281September 16, 2017 1:26 AM

Yes r280! I was thinking, "I fucking love hearing Motorehead and don't care how it has to happen!"

by Anonymousreply 282September 16, 2017 1:35 AM

That cereal commercial where the young daughter and father are fishing and the little brat tells her father, "Dude, your crunching is scaring the fish." If I had ever called my father "dude," I'd have ended up in the lake.

by Anonymousreply 283September 17, 2017 6:09 PM

R283, that's better than the one where the kid hits his father in the face with a bat, and then the kid and his cunty mother say they'd rather go to Hawaii than take Dad to the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 284September 17, 2017 6:16 PM

I recently read an article about car commercials; notice almost every one of them has a kid or kids in it. The reason is that parents these days take kids' opinions into account on what to buy, including the family vehicle.

Fuck that nonsense! Until a kid brings home an income, they get no say in major household purchases.

by Anonymousreply 285September 17, 2017 6:29 PM

That stupid Dunkin Donuts commercial with the two football players dancing

by Anonymousreply 286September 17, 2017 6:32 PM

Women make more than 80% of all shopping decisions in US households. This is why in ads, mommy is always smart and pretty and daddy is always dumb and expendable.

My favorite ads are the ones where the kid or mom says to the dad the equivalent of "hand over your paycheck and then go away!"

by Anonymousreply 287September 17, 2017 7:38 PM

r283 For some reason Raisin Bran commercials are always some cheesy dialogue between a father and daughter. There was another one from not too long ago where they were having breakfast before playing tennis or something. I'd like to see the one where he has one last bowl of Raisin Bran before abandoning his family.

by Anonymousreply 288September 17, 2017 9:17 PM

There was also that infamous Raisin Bran commercial where the dad asked the daughter to comment on his spandex shorts.

by Anonymousreply 289September 17, 2017 9:27 PM

Interjecting to let you all know that I would so love to intercourse with the "bada book bada boom" guy. I love how he silently sneers at the people in the ads with him. So damned sexy.

That is all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290September 18, 2017 11:07 AM

Those KIA ads always feature hamsters. I remember the KIA hip-hop hamster ads from a few years ago. Apparently KIA hamster stuffed animals were available to buy. A female friend bought them for her husband!

by Anonymousreply 291September 18, 2017 12:45 PM

The KIA hamsters like all kinds of music

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292September 18, 2017 12:57 PM

KEVIN!

Kevin!

KeviN!

kevin!

by Anonymousreply 293September 18, 2017 1:38 PM

There's a commercial that comes on during the early morning news that's simultaneously horrifying and amusing. It's for a colostomy bag, of all things, and it features a testimonial from an old, dried out, tattooed lesbian. It shows her driving in her jeep and feeding the animals on her farm, all the while her voiceover growls about how much she loves her new colostomy bags!

I want to hate it so much, but I can't look away from this full-on dyke beaming proudly about her new bags!

by Anonymousreply 294September 19, 2017 2:13 AM

r294 Is she single? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 295September 19, 2017 2:28 AM

No matter how good a TV ad might be, it can still backfire. In 2010, I saw an ad for a unique, peculiar-looking little car that intrigued me. I thought it was a Nissan Cube, so I went out and bought one after driving it. Then I saw the commercial again. It was those hamsters selling a Kia Soul. Oops—my bad. Despite that, I still love my Nissan Cube seven years later.

by Anonymousreply 296September 19, 2017 4:39 AM

This is so disgusting, I don't know how it can be on the air. It features closeups of blackheads being squeezed and the little pus plugs that have been removed by the peel-off mask.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297September 19, 2017 5:34 AM

(295) You will NEVER know how much you turned my life around tonight by mentioning Peggy...in your witty way. i AM crying as I type (yes, a bit high too)

by Anonymousreply 298September 19, 2017 5:54 AM

r298 I hope that's a good thing. Btw, I think Peggy is still plugging along in her Subaru and cancer free.

by Anonymousreply 299September 19, 2017 6:03 AM

R297, I just saw that ad this morning. Totally gross, and they just keep focusing right in on the shit.

by Anonymousreply 300September 19, 2017 6:07 AM

[quote]YOU NEED THIS MATTRESS!!! No, I need sleep, now fuck off.

No, what I NEED is for you nitwits to get off my lawn, fuckers!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 301September 19, 2017 8:26 AM

[quote]First off, the women talking about their phone plans are too young to have been in college when the Naked Eyes remake of "Always Something There To Remind Me" was released, they'd be well into their 50s by now. They definitely don't look that old. The song was released 34 years ago! The way the song is used, it's assumed that was the song during their Springbreak when they got the awful back tats.

Are you autistic or something? Guess what? YMCA was playing during my spring break when I got my first tattoo. Does this mean I have to be over 60? No, my spring break was only 5 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 302September 19, 2017 9:01 AM

I loathe this fucking ad. A very uptight elderfrau and her apparently autistic husband reluctantly give up their loved home in the country to move into their daughter's family sprawling family digs. It's implied they're there to help care for the grandkids due to some tragedy or illness and once there, the uptight cunt is so happy to see the screaming kids she forgets all about her lovely quiet home. The spaced out husband naturally begins fixing shit (he's good for that, at least). The grandmother is such a NYC type you always saw working in public schools, 60s throwback with the short spiky hair and "zany" earrings and big glasses. Her face has the expression of permastress. Loathe this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303September 19, 2017 10:57 AM

[quote]There's a commercial that comes on during the early morning news that's simultaneously horrifying and amusing. It's for a colostomy bag, of all things, and it features a testimonial from an old, dried out, tattooed lesbian. It shows her driving in her jeep and feeding the animals on her farm, all the while her voiceover growls about how much she loves her new colostomy bags! I want to hate it so much, but I can't look away from this full-on dyke beaming proudly about her new bags!

This commercial sounds fucking hilarious! Most of these weird commercials must be regional, specific to certain areas and demographics, because I haven't seen most of the commercials listed in this thread. I live in NYC.

For example the commercial described by R303, I've never seen in NY, yet it seems very NY centric, how weird.

I do see a lot of weird commercials for catheters, those are ridiculous. Then there's the usual infomercials which come on when a channel like Comedy Central goes off the air about 5AM, There are repetitious infomercials for Adam & Eve sex toys, erectile dysfunction pills and investment books.

by Anonymousreply 304September 19, 2017 9:07 PM

Do you all really watch that much live TV?

That's fascinating.

The only live TV I watch is bits and pieces of CNN or MSNBC when something big happens (election, hurricane) and sports.

Otherwise it's just Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Showtime, Amazon or DVR

The complete awfulness of commercials is the reason why and this thread just confirms how many awful ones there are.

The pharma ones are the worst-- 60 seconds about some disease no one I know suffers from.

by Anonymousreply 305September 19, 2017 9:12 PM

I hate the new trend for using Japanese kids singing, as in the La Quinta and Home to Go ads.

by Anonymousreply 306September 19, 2017 9:31 PM

But you miss all the KIA hamsters, R305! That can't be worth it?

by Anonymousreply 307September 19, 2017 9:40 PM

[quote]Do you all really watch that much live TV?

You must realize a lot of people now work from home, many keep TV on as presence in the room, many aren't paying 100% attention. I am describing my mom, her TV is on most of the day. She is not watching it all day, it's just on.

My mom is retired, she works part time from home. Somehow she's able to concentrate on her computer work. She told me, it's so quiet where she lives, she needs some kind of 'noise' in the background as she works.

As for the rest of your post, not everyone streams, there are many demographics out there and not all of them have abandoned live TV. The world is not just about teens and millennials.

by Anonymousreply 308September 19, 2017 10:44 PM

I hate the new Honey Nut Cheerios commercial with that stupid song Good goes around and around and around.

by Anonymousreply 309September 19, 2017 11:26 PM

So Peggy the "pancreatic" cancer patient in horrible commercials led me down a rabbit hole and she was apparently still alive in June 2017 (although she had cancer again). The most important thing I found was that she was inducted into the SOUTH DAKOTA WOMEN'S SOFTBALL HALL OF FAME in 1990.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310September 20, 2017 12:33 AM

This may be a local ad: someone dug up the real Erin Brockovich and put her in a low rent lawyer ad. There was no money spent on this commercial - Erin is propped in front of the camera with a dingy office in the background as she obviously reads off a teleprompter. It's jarring because she is talking to YOU, the viewer, but they shoot her on an angle so she's 3/4 face and she doesn't look into the camera at all.

Erin must be a smoker because she has those wrinkled old-lady lips happening too.

by Anonymousreply 311September 20, 2017 12:44 AM

Marco Polo

by Anonymousreply 312September 20, 2017 12:53 AM

Nutrisystem ads with that super annoying Marie Osmond. I hate her voice!

by Anonymousreply 313September 20, 2017 1:51 AM

The "good goes around" commercial song bugs me because the printed words on the screen are "good goes round. Which is it?"

Also they seem to have edited out the scene where they have filled a bathtub with the cereal. I guess not that many customers think it's a good idea to waste about $200 worth of Cheerios down the drain, so to speak. Absurd.

by Anonymousreply 314September 20, 2017 2:04 AM

Talking about commercial featuring bratty kids who are supposedly a "cute" way to sell products, I saw this one today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315September 20, 2017 4:39 AM

The commercials with assholes like LeAnne Rimes and a couple of other shitty actors where they sing and encourage people to get checked/screened for cancers that MIGHT affect you...like people can just wave their magic fucking wand and demand every test under the sun. Ok, I'll just call up my 'doctor' with my shitty expensive insurance and schedule all of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316September 20, 2017 4:48 AM

Just when the "symbolically adopt an endangered tiger"ad has hardened my normally philanthropic heart (especially for animals), along comes the "won't you symbolically adopt an endangered elephant?" ad. No, you emotionally manipulative spokesperson for a sham charity that spends 50% of contributions on your own salaries, 20% on advertising, and 10% on operating costs with the remaining 20% presumably helping endangered animals, I will not be moved by your faux concern inducements to choose between taking action or feeling guilty.

I'd rather see an ad that says "With your generous gift, you can symbolically adopt a bean counter, marketer, or spokesman of a company who makes their money by imploring you to continue their existence."

by Anonymousreply 317September 20, 2017 11:42 AM

R304 It's a national commercial, but I've only seen it aired during the ABC news hour that airs super early in the morning. They show it almost every day. The best part of the commercial is at the end, when the crusty old dyke says, "I love this colostomy bag so much, I give it more than an 'atta boy.' I give it a 'woo hoo!'" Then she pumps her fist in the air. It is to die.

by Anonymousreply 318September 21, 2017 1:25 AM

"Why are you touching your armpit? Don't... that's weird".

GOD I FUCKING HATE THAT COMMERICAL.

Why is touching your armpit weird, you fucking judgmental cunt?!?

by Anonymousreply 319September 21, 2017 1:51 AM

I hate those whitening strips commercials where the woman tells her friend to "take the tissue test" to find out just how yellow and gawdawful looking her teeth are.

by Anonymousreply 320September 21, 2017 2:05 AM

R318 & R304, I'm a retired judge, and use catheters, not colostomy bags.

by Anonymousreply 321September 21, 2017 2:20 AM

See me, happily cathetered:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322September 21, 2017 2:22 AM

R321 and R322 Holy shit! The ol' lesbian is a mess! She uses catheters AND colostomy bags!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323September 21, 2017 3:12 AM

That old dyke says she uses colostomy bags because of a bad injury. Let me guess when it happened - while putting up drywall? Playing softball? Rolling over her Toyota pickup on the way back from an Indigo Girls concert?

by Anonymousreply 324September 21, 2017 3:17 AM

Perhaps on garbage duty?

by Anonymousreply 325September 21, 2017 3:24 AM

The asian couple have a newborn and a dog that hate each other, but apparently the baby likes lions, so they order the dog a lion mane (maybe it's amazon), and then they're friends...

honorable mention: call bath fitter for the perfect fit

by Anonymousreply 326September 21, 2017 4:45 AM

Yes, R326. R224 posted on this commercial, and it got quite a slew of reactions afterward.

by Anonymousreply 327September 21, 2017 11:48 AM

Dumbest commercial I caught this week, that Apple ad with a bunch of idiots on skateboards in what appears to be a Grand Central Station sized train station. Guess it's about conforming? Especially as everyone is doing the same thing. What better away to conform that picking up the new iPhone!

At first, I thought they were on skateboards in a mosque! The only positive thing most current commercials have going for them is the music the ad agencies choose!

by Anonymousreply 328September 22, 2017 1:29 AM

Cheeto cat and his condescending accent in those cheeto commercials.

by Anonymousreply 329September 22, 2017 2:37 AM

R326 i thought the asian guy look cute

by Anonymousreply 330September 22, 2017 7:52 AM

The music in the commercials is usually what I hate the most, R328.

I hate the song they use in the VistaPrint ad with the hot photographer guy who needs business cards.

But then there is a commercial that uses ELO's "Livin' Thing" and another new one that uses Harry Nilsson's "Jump Into The Fire", and those make me so happy when they come on. The only problem is I have no idea what product or service either of them are being used to advertise because I just look away from the TV and sing along to the song.

by Anonymousreply 331September 22, 2017 8:12 AM

And a word about young people streaming content and not watching live TV—

I don't watch anything other than MSNBC all day every day, and into the night as well, so I don't stream anything. What do people watch on Hulu and Netflix, et al.? Movies? Crappy sitcoms? Reality shows? I'm not impressed.

They're supposedly so hip and with-it and above watching live TV with its commercials, but what crap are they actually watching?

by Anonymousreply 332September 22, 2017 8:15 AM

Flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......me to the moon.....

I would seriously punch that kid into next week if he did that to my airline chair and then just glared at me when I looked at him, and how bitchy is that stewardess? sorry.....flight attendant.

Where is that little brat's parents?

by Anonymousreply 333September 23, 2017 1:51 PM

"Shake your groove thing, shake your groove thing! Yeah, yeah, show 'em how to do it now!"

AAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!

"Ugly fuck is dancing, ugly fuck is dancing! Yeah, yeah, how I fucking hate you now!"

by Anonymousreply 334September 24, 2017 1:34 PM

Ugh! The stay-at-home mom who thinks spreading some Nutella on a piece of bread means she "made" breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 335September 24, 2017 3:36 PM

Did you notice in the Nutella commercial that they only spread it on whole grain products? That's because the company was called out for marketing Nutella on bread/waffles as a healthy breakfast when it's nothing but chocolate, sugar and nuts. So now they only use brown grainy bread in their ads - the healthy part is basically the fiber in that bread.

by Anonymousreply 336September 24, 2017 4:01 PM

I am wondering why Ancestry.com decided that whiny women would be a good idea to put on TV. Ever woman on every one of their commercials I have ever heard, speaks in the whiniest voices I have ever heard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337September 24, 2017 4:30 PM

THis one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338September 24, 2017 5:37 PM

Any one of The Unmovers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339September 24, 2017 5:51 PM

THe barking dogs in the Land Rover ad drive me nuts and it is played constantly on MSNBC.

Though it is kind of funny that Fox News ads are about cowboy catheters, life insurance, burglar alarms and Lifeline necklaces while MSNBC ads are for Land Rovers.

by Anonymousreply 340September 24, 2017 5:54 PM

Commercials with doorbells or phones ringing should be banned! If you don't happen to be watching right then, you're answering your door or phone and there's nobody there.

by Anonymousreply 341September 24, 2017 6:48 PM

R341 — The same with sirens in radio ads. Nothing is more nerve-jangling when driving than suddenly hearing a siren and starting to pull over, only to realize it's a goddamn radio ad.

by Anonymousreply 342September 24, 2017 11:42 PM

[quote]I am wondering why Ancestry.com decided that whiny women would be a good idea to put on TV. Ever woman on every one of their commercials I have ever heard, speaks in the whiniest voices I have ever heard.

Perhaps they're all related to each other & it's a hereditary trait.

by Anonymousreply 343September 26, 2017 1:33 PM

That commercial where the little boy compares his grandfather with CPD to the wolf who huffed & puffed and yet couldn't blow the house down. They then cut to the part where they recite the legal disclaimers about adverse effects in the form of a doctor speaking directly to the patient, only in this case both the patient and doctor are cartoon wolves. Who the fuck are they marketing to here, the grandfather or the fucking kid?!

by Anonymousreply 344September 28, 2017 10:34 AM

A future Datalounger, for sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345September 28, 2017 1:28 PM

They rerecorded the "TalkSpace" commercial. The voice is now done by a human, not a text to speech program. I always wonder how bad choices like the original make it on the air.

by Anonymousreply 346September 28, 2017 2:20 PM

It also makes you wonder if the ad copywriters look for reactions on the DL and respond to them.

by Anonymousreply 347September 28, 2017 2:22 PM

"Say hello to your father, Kevin."

"Kevin." "Kevin." "Kevin." "Kevin." "KEVin" "...((( kevin)))..."

"Kevin, how's your mom?"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!

by Anonymousreply 348September 29, 2017 1:31 PM

Bada bing, bada boom!

by Anonymousreply 349September 30, 2017 12:45 AM

That cute blonde boy on that nissan commercial then that Mickey mouse dyke looking cunt of a girlfriend at the end. Wish those biker dudes do that cute blonde boy a favor and punch that dyke in the pussy then have thier way with the him

by Anonymousreply 350September 30, 2017 3:13 AM

The “from jellyfish!” line was re-recorded! It’s more subdued, less joyous! Hahaha

by Anonymousreply 351September 30, 2017 3:53 AM

"Just because it GOOS doesn't mean it's GUSH!"

"EWWW, THAT'S NOT A GUSHER!" (said when a pre-teen girl licks a flesh-colored squid that just squirted liquid in an older guy's hand... that's not perversely sexual at all)

HATE THAT COMMERCIAL!

by Anonymousreply 352September 30, 2017 3:57 AM

That car commercial that has a hot bearded daddy type dressed in a grass skirt, playing a ukulele and gyrating listlessly. (Is it supposed to be imitating those little shimmying dolls? It don't.)

Whatta waste!

by Anonymousreply 353September 30, 2017 4:07 AM

THIS stupid commercial which can't decide if it is a feminist statement/cutesy commercial/frau trap...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354September 30, 2017 5:21 AM

Clorox bleach has some new additive and their commercial is so dumb. A split screen shows two women having parties and both accidentally spill some food onto their kitchen counter. The food on one counter glides off but the other counter needs hardcore rubbing. The premise: If you don't use the new Clorox stuff, you'll be scrubbing and scrubbing so long that your guests get bored and start to leave.

by Anonymousreply 355September 30, 2017 6:20 PM

Have we reminded you lately that our competition has one miracle component to their drug and we have six? Did you know that six is greater than one, and therefore we are greater?

by Anonymousreply 356October 2, 2017 12:04 PM

Any ad that ends with "This changes everything" or any of the variants. Whatever is being advertised with this slogan probably changes absolutely nothing.

by Anonymousreply 357October 2, 2017 1:37 PM

I GOT MY TITLE BACK WITH TITLE-MAX!

God I hate that show, and their spokesman looks and sounds like a total con-man.

by Anonymousreply 358October 3, 2017 1:51 AM

The new Verizon one with the dorky kid on the bike yelling to the guy heading into the house with a new tv box. The kid lists all these reasons to switch to Fios then tells the guy "I'm counting on you guys!" The kid is a fucking budinsky and he's just obnoxious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359October 3, 2017 4:10 AM

R359, the "kid" is one of the stars of "Stranger Things".

by Anonymousreply 360October 3, 2017 4:37 AM

R359 — The word is "buttinski," not "budinsky." It's derived from someone butting in.

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 361October 3, 2017 5:58 AM

"If you do this, or this, or if you like to this, or this, then you probably have this."

ARRRRRRGGGGGGG!

by Anonymousreply 362October 3, 2017 10:33 AM

R360 He's still annoying as is the script he's been given.

by Anonymousreply 363October 3, 2017 4:11 PM

Subaru is back with another fucking annoying commercial. This one has a guy afraid of his girlfriend's dog. You've seen it too and you hate it.

by Anonymousreply 364October 3, 2017 4:19 PM

Oh god, yes, R364. If my dog hated a guy, he'd be gone immediately.

by Anonymousreply 365October 3, 2017 4:31 PM

[the guy. My dog is a spayed bitch]

by Anonymousreply 366October 3, 2017 4:32 PM

Ad for some phone or phone app - not even sure because I zone out when this is on, except for the song playing. On this phone (or app) you can write words or draw onscreen and send them. They show couples being cutesy drawing dumb, juvenile pictures on their phone screens and sending them to each other. At the end, one person gets a written message that says "I love you, too". Another silly reason for people to be hypnotized by their phones instead of speaking with the person directly.

The background song is a creepy one I recognize from an episode of I Love Lucy, called "Similau".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367October 4, 2017 10:05 PM

Not a current commercial, but it was in heavy rotation last year. It's for Dove Oxygen Moisture volumizing shampoo, there's a silly song playing as a woman is looking into a mirror and trying to fluff up her 'flat, thin' stringy hair.

At the end of the commercial, there's a completely different woman with thick voluminous bouncy hair looking over her shoulder and smiling into the camera. These damn ad agencies no longer even try to fool the public that the damn product they're pushing actually works! Anyone with functioning eyes could see it wasn't the same woman at the end of the commercial, it was clearly another actress with thick beautiful hair.

The act of being outright disingenuous is more annoying than most of these crappy TV ads,

by Anonymousreply 368October 5, 2017 9:54 AM

Dove Soap had a dumb commercial. A blind woman tells us that, without sight, she to gauge most things with her sense of touch. She was asked to try new Dove Shower Foam; it has such thick, luxurious lather that even SHE could tell that it was going to be rich and hydrating. Can't a sighted person tell the same thing?

by Anonymousreply 369October 5, 2017 3:02 PM

"Those who know, know BDO". Awful people doing awful things....A daughter trying to skirt paying taxes on her inheritance, a hospital not content with the low profits opening up beds to drug addicts and mental cases and a corporation going through an accounting scandal. Just who are these commercials for?

by Anonymousreply 370October 5, 2017 4:17 PM

I can't stand the Eggo commercial with the smart-ass little sister who reminds me of Leslie Jones from Saturday Night Live.

Leggo MY Eggo, bitch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371October 5, 2017 5:19 PM

Yea, science!

Yea, MyTrashyFamilyDNA.com!

by Anonymousreply 372October 7, 2017 12:45 AM

I love the "Yay Science!" hippy lady.

I imagine that she was given a full script but all they could get out of her addled brain was that one line.

by Anonymousreply 373October 7, 2017 2:15 AM

I love Apple, but FFS, that waif with the buzz cut, singing all breathy because of Portrait Mode in the iPhone 8 plus commercial is annoying AF. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 374October 7, 2017 2:35 AM

That iPhone commercial is so damn grating and I noticed immediately the 'waif' looks exactly like Flea from The Red Hot Chili Peppers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375October 7, 2017 3:07 AM

The latest Geico ad with the orchestral triangle solo . That's not only obnoxious and stupid, but the incessant clanging is a guaranteed migraine. Whomever thought that was a good idea should be left to starve in a room full of windchimes.

by Anonymousreply 376October 7, 2017 4:56 AM

"Television Commercials You Are Hating, Summer, 2017 Edition . . . "

Op, focus on this response. Focus. Find your television's remote control, making certain it contains fresh batteries (rob the vibrator, if need be), and FAST FORWARD through the fucking commercials!

by Anonymousreply 377October 7, 2017 5:02 AM

I bet you're a lot of fun at parties, R377. What am I saying? No one would invite you to a party.

by Anonymousreply 378October 7, 2017 10:34 AM

"My great granddaughter..." This University of Phoenix ad has got to be one of the most annoying current commercials. What a load of bollocks!

I felt as if I watching a fucking never ending movie.

by Anonymousreply 379October 8, 2017 5:36 PM

Asha Ida Bell is working my last nerve.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380October 8, 2017 5:50 PM

The Coca Cola Company. Woman with fucking babytalk. I've never hated a commercial so much. Evah!

by Anonymousreply 381October 15, 2017 5:00 PM

The one where the mother is cooking with cumin-flavored beans. She stirs the pot and lifts the spoon to her mouth for a taste. Out of nowhere her obnoxious hellspawn pops,and gulps the beans off the spoon. He then screeches"The chili is ready!" How adorable!

by Anonymousreply 382October 15, 2017 6:22 PM

The iPhone ad with the Flea lookalike female with the crewcut, walking around some hipster neighborhood, is also incredibly grating. I always mute it if I'm neat my remote. The whispery singing voice, just awful.

What's with all these twee speaking and singing voices being used in commercials? These ad agency idiots don't realize how annoying these voices are?!!! I work in the print end of advertising, have for a very long time. These days, I don't see much innovative talent in advertising. The Golden Age of advertising is long gone, an understatement. I guess the emphasis today is on being extremely annoying to catch the public's attention?

by Anonymousreply 383October 15, 2017 6:26 PM

My cable provider (Frontier FIOS) has the laziest-ass local ad sales team. I'm in Dallas, so it's not like it's a small market. They have signed up maybe 3 clients total and use every local slot to run their 3 dumbass commercials over and over and over and over. It makes it impossible to just leave MSNBC on in the background. I've looked for contact info to complain to Frontier ad sales, but it's non-existent.

by Anonymousreply 384October 15, 2017 11:18 PM

[quote] ... The Golden Age of advertising is long gone, an understatement. I guess the emphasis today is on being extremely annoying to catch the public's attention?

Or be a hamster breaking out of a hospital, R383.

by Anonymousreply 385October 16, 2017 12:24 PM

Any commercial that shows white people dancing by doing "the robot." We get it--white people are dorky and can't dance.

I can think of at least two currently running ads that include this cliche.

by Anonymousreply 386October 16, 2017 5:12 PM

Haven’t read all of the posts, but I hate the new Keurig ad with fat pig-faced Limey cunt James Corden. And no, I’m not Rose McGowan.

by Anonymousreply 387October 16, 2017 6:51 PM

The California Closets commercial where the annoying 1%-er woman says, "I asked my designer if I could have a drawer just for my sunglasses and she said, 'Of course, you can!' " Thank God that rich person's problem was solved so easily!

by Anonymousreply 388October 20, 2017 1:56 AM

R388 — Yeah, she SAYS the drawer is for her sunglasses, but you know it'll be used exclusively to hold her dildo collection and Xanax bottles.

by Anonymousreply 389October 20, 2017 4:28 AM

It doesn't even seem to be a fucking radical concept, of course if you can put all kinds of shit in your closet you will have a drawer in it. It would be ghetto to have a closet design WITHOUT a sunglasses drawer!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390October 20, 2017 4:31 AM

There's a window company that hve two old farts talking about why their company is better on installing windows, the goes on for over a minute and a half like a paid programming. So boring. I sometimes call them and ask them why they have to have a long commercial every time it comes on. I tell them to cut the shit out and hang up

by Anonymousreply 391October 20, 2017 4:27 PM

That monster check on that Home Goods commercial. If that was my child I would of put that gay Snowflake in his place. I'll show you a monster go to sleep!

by Anonymousreply 392October 20, 2017 4:31 PM

Pink plate!

by Anonymousreply 393October 22, 2017 6:42 PM

Do you guys have those fucking lawyer commercials? Here in Denver, they are relentless!

by Anonymousreply 394October 22, 2017 7:12 PM

Haven't read the entire thread but I'd go with the annoying "more, more, more!" commercial Macy's seems to air on every network, every five minutes. God I hate it so much.

by Anonymousreply 395October 22, 2017 7:15 PM

Not Macy's, but Target. The red throws me off. Y'all know which one I'm talking about.

by Anonymousreply 396October 22, 2017 7:17 PM

Target's commercials are always very clever and iconic, it's sad they sell incredibly crappy stuff! Some of the housewares are OK, but the clothes are utter garbage. The clothes look passable on the TV ads, but in person, they're complete junk!

by Anonymousreply 397October 23, 2017 11:13 PM

I think it is so cute that Grandpa feels he has to lie to Grandma about spending some surfing time with their Grandson. It warms my cockles! Maybe Grandpa should have asked Grandma if she wanted to tag along and spend some of her time with Grandson too. Maybe a nice big blanket on the beach as she watched them surf or splashed about in the water.

Nah. Let's have him lie and Grandson chuckle about it

by Anonymousreply 398October 25, 2017 12:25 PM

That "Triangle Solo" commercial is getting on my last nerve...

by Anonymousreply 399October 25, 2017 2:16 PM

Every time I see the one Capri Sun commercial, I'm hoping someone does a pirate campaign, targeting children on social media.

"Hey kids! Maybe you've seen our ads where the sister is going to cut off her younger sister's hair unless their mom buys them some YUMMY Capri Sun fruit drink. Well, we have a SPECIAL promotion for you! Cut off YOUR little brother or sister's hair and send us proof (pictures, videos, piles of hair) and we'll send you a YEAR'S SUPPLY of Capri Sun! Do it today!"

by Anonymousreply 400October 26, 2017 5:21 AM

"MY STUFF MY STUFF MY STUFF!!"

Those insufferable entitled kids singing/raping about THEIR STUFF in that obnoxious "Rooms-To-Go Kids" commercial makes me want to commit violence.

by Anonymousreply 401November 2, 2017 2:30 AM

Ikea Christmas ad, where the couple are setting the table for guests and the lineup keeps changing; we watch them change the settings multiple times.

by Anonymousreply 402November 2, 2017 10:32 PM

Always annoying, those Lexus Christmas commercials, now we have the adults being introduced as kids salivating over their Lexus 'gift' and hugging the damn cars. Of course, the huge 5 million dollar house is in the background. Do wealthy people actually watch TV?

by Anonymousreply 403November 2, 2017 10:44 PM

Since the weather is still so hot in November, I guess we can still call it Summer 2017?!

by Anonymousreply 404November 2, 2017 10:52 PM

the spectrum commercial where the wife and the husband in his bathrobe. Who the fuck has a tech over and the husband is walking around the house in a bathrobe. And his bitch saying "shouldn't you be getting ready to work" i would think he should said "shouldn't you be cleaning the house you fuckin cunt, I'm the one here who has a job you bitch" since the husband is a satellite tech i bet he gets the service free, now his bitch just added another bill he has to pay.

by Anonymousreply 405November 3, 2017 4:46 PM

The Lays commercial where the tone-deaf fake grocery store employee gets on the PA to destroy "Don't You Want Me, Baby"... ugh....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406November 4, 2017 5:51 AM

Any commercial where the characters are having literal orgasms over the products, are ridiculous, it's a cup of yogurt or a cup of coffee, nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 407November 6, 2017 5:53 AM

BEARS DO NOT USE TOILET PAPER!

by Anonymousreply 408November 6, 2017 6:06 AM

The only sense in which I miss watching commercials is the joy of sharing my hatred in threads like these :/

by Anonymousreply 409November 6, 2017 6:11 AM

Honda, why should i buy a car from you because you gave a free wheelchair to a fug. Quit bragging about giving free stuff to people. And people, don't get excited on getting free popcorn from them.

Oh i wanna buy a car because they paid for the people's popcorn. For Pete's sake

by Anonymousreply 410November 6, 2017 6:11 AM

Had to track down this thread to vent -- about not one but TWO O'Charley's commercials I despise.

Guy ignores his boss's phone call while out with his wife. "I'm loving this date night thing", she coos. She'll love it even more when hubby is fired and she has to go back to work on the pole.

Then the one where two friends are out for an hour lunch and one puts his phone into his glass of water. Watch the other guy. The reaction and timing is waaaay off, he doesn't even acknowledge the phone in the water until they cut back and then it's too much too late. I would put money that they found those actors on craigslist or something, the new trend to get away from SAG actors to save mega money (no residuals, all buyouts). It's a truly horrible performance even for a medium full of such.

by Anonymousreply 411November 7, 2017 9:00 PM

Any commercial that has various people (mostly older) wandering in the forest and looking up in shock and awe ("Oh look, a tree!") at nature's panorama while the worst kind of music accompanies them on their travels.

I guess it bothers me because as they and the viewers watch this tripe, the spokesman is whispering a warning to us about the horrific side effects that may come with the drug they are trying to foist on people.

by Anonymousreply 412November 8, 2017 9:22 AM

The drug commercial where the family is holding a reunion on a mountain, surrounded by rivers and lakes, but ends with everyone sitting around a picnic table (?!?) when a young guy approaches from out of nowhere behind everyone. Only a young boy sees him, runs to him and when they both approach the table together, an older woman turns, sees the young man and gasps in surprise/shock. Bizarre, even for a drug commercial.

by Anonymousreply 413November 9, 2017 3:54 AM

Where do most of you live, honestly I haven't see 90% of the commercials being described here. I'm on the East Coast.

by Anonymousreply 414November 9, 2017 4:27 AM

The new Coke Zero Sugar ads with the dweebs on the golf course have to be the worst Coke commercials ever produced. Seriously amateur-hour work. They need to fire their agency.

by Anonymousreply 415November 9, 2017 4:40 AM

Again, commercials are going cheap and hiring non-actors or amateurs off of craigslist instead of SAG pros (or even good non-union actors). I'm starting to notice it in the performances more and more. Same thing on those cheap non-union reinactment shows like "Swamp Murders" or "Murder Made Me Famous" on bad cable channels like Discovery ID. Cheap fucks, cheap final product.

by Anonymousreply 416November 9, 2017 8:58 PM

♬YEW AN' ME JIST SETTIN' ON A LAWN...♬

♬YEW AN' ME JIST A-SINGIN' OUR SONG...♬

I don't even know what it's for — it's a father and a little boy. I just want to kill the singer.

by Anonymousreply 417November 9, 2017 11:39 PM

"The Rotten Egg Test"

Fat Sami look-alike. Mattresses. I hate her.

by Anonymousreply 418November 9, 2017 11:43 PM

That AWFUL ad for Fantastic Sam's featuring a young woman with the highest-pitched, SHRIEKIEST voice EVER, saying the just got out of the Army and wants a new hairstyle and color. Send that shrieky cunt back to Afghanistan!

by Anonymousreply 419November 10, 2017 4:01 PM

"What's a computer?"

I want to kick that snotty little iPad-using girl in the fucking face.

by Anonymousreply 420November 23, 2017 4:10 AM

The Ford commercial trying to appeal to black women.

One of the three black women featured is a fighter pilot. Wtf?

And some ghetto bitch voiceover says “My grind? Respectable.”

How patronizing.

Then of course the three black women are shown walking away to their Fords, and aggressively giving a fist-raised-peace-sign.

Just tacky, trashy, and ridiculous.

Why the urban patter in Every Single Commercial with black people in it??

by Anonymousreply 421November 23, 2017 4:18 AM

Me too r420. I even looked up this thread to mention it. The little girl is so annoying pretending to not know what is a computer. My eight month old nephew may grow up not knowing what is a computer, but that little hipster sure as hell does.

by Anonymousreply 422November 27, 2017 3:37 AM

It should be Television Commercials you HATE

by Anonymousreply 423November 27, 2017 4:24 AM

"and aaahm the king o' maaah own castle agin"

WE

ARE

FARMERS

bum badum badum bum bum bum bum

"adowable"

by Anonymousreply 424November 27, 2017 4:27 AM

[quote]Me too [R420]. I even looked up this thread to mention it. The little girl is so annoying pretending to not know what is a computer. My eight month old nephew may grow up not knowing what is a computer, but that little hipster sure as hell does.

The annoying "little girl" is actually actress Hannah Alligood, she's 13, she plays one of the three daughters on "Better Things". She plays the androgynous daughter Frankie.

by Anonymousreply 425November 27, 2017 7:47 PM

If ever I was to kick someone in the face with steel-toed boots, it would be that fucking cunt, R425. That commercial makes me hate her so much.

It also makes me hate iPads and Apple.

GOD I hate that commercial so much.

by Anonymousreply 426November 28, 2017 1:07 AM

Ha! I also looked up this thread just to bitch about the smug little "What's a computer?" junior FTM.

She's also the worst thing about "Better Things."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427November 28, 2017 1:12 AM

Put a little love in your heart

by Anonymousreply 428November 28, 2017 9:37 AM

How did Apple's ad agency not show that ad to focus groups? It's impossible to watch it and not want to viciously slap that smug little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 429November 28, 2017 1:51 PM

Yiikes, so much HATE on DL these days. Despising a little actress who is just doing her job on a stupid commercial. WTF?

Such fucking weirdoes post on DL these days. Makes you yearn for the actually funny snark and pointless butchery from years ago!

by Anonymousreply 430November 28, 2017 2:10 PM

Even that picture, R427... just that picture... fills me with a desire to kick her in her fucking smugly ignorant little face.

by Anonymousreply 431November 28, 2017 2:44 PM

What part of the title of this thread did you not understand, R430?

by Anonymousreply 432November 28, 2017 3:34 PM

[quote]What part of the title of this thread did you not understand, [R430]?

Don't be a moron, someone can hate a commercial or the concept, but to rant about the performers in a commercial is more than absurd, it's like hating an actor or actress because they portrayed a serial killer. These people are actors, they didn't create the commercials, let alone the dialog, they are simply being hired to play a part.

by Anonymousreply 433November 28, 2017 10:57 PM

And we can hate the character, R433. Don't be a moron.

by Anonymousreply 434November 28, 2017 11:41 PM

Don't be a moron. You do realize that sometimes it is the performers that we hate, right?

by Anonymousreply 435November 28, 2017 11:44 PM

That phone commercial with the Peggy Lee song and the two millennial lovers- it’s nothing but a bunch of hipster nonsense and makes me want to vomit! Yes I’m an eldergay.

by Anonymousreply 436November 28, 2017 11:49 PM

To some he's pro golfer Phil Mickelson, but to me he's ... dad! "Actor portrayal."

by Anonymousreply 437November 29, 2017 12:10 AM

The commercial with the wine opener (CORAVIN) that sticks a needle in the cork and you can have A glass of wine and enjoy the bottle for YEARS!!!! There is a frau-ish woman talking about "NOTHING BEING BETTER THAN A GLASS OF WINE AT THE END OF THE DAY"...like I believe the tacky wannabe classy woman has ONE glass of wine and cares so much about saving the bottle and savoring the taste. She is the type of mom chugging chardonnay from a Franzia box who writes vaguely mysterious posts on Facebook ( "I have no room in my life for haters--you know who you are" )

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438November 29, 2017 11:54 PM

Any of the Enbrel commercials but especially the one where the boy is bemoaning his mom’s rheum. arthritis. He’s so grateful when Enbrel works so that mom can get back to doing everything damn thing for the family.

How about you get off your spoiled ass, sonny? Maybe Mom’s faking it because she’s sick of being a work mule!?

by Anonymousreply 439November 30, 2017 12:43 AM

I have serious, diagnosed OCD, and I won this 50" television for $7,000...bidding on DealDash Dotcom!!

by Anonymousreply 440November 30, 2017 2:40 AM

That smug dude on the Verizon ads (i.e. "Good meeting") is my current focus of laser-beam hatred. The latest wrapping paper one is only redeemed by the cute kid.

by Anonymousreply 441November 30, 2017 3:59 AM

The commercials that have awful singers sing new lyrics to the Lindsey Buckingham song Holiday Road. HATE THOSE VOICES AND THOSE DUMB LYRICS!!

by Anonymousreply 442November 30, 2017 4:12 AM

Shriner's Hosptital has a new Xmas themed commercial, with a bunch of the disabled kids dressed up for the holiday, but still set up to show their particular issue (artificial leg, no hand, etc).

Lil Alec must be getting close to puberty, cause his voice has definitely changed - he sounds less like a kid and more like one of the Munchkin men in The Wizard of Oz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443December 7, 2017 4:57 PM

Oh man that is gold r443! Wow, puberty hasn't been kind to Alec and yeah, this commercial is like the African Baby Catalogue but with disabled kids. I see Alec still says "adowable". Like they read this thread! And the kid in the intro was like Kathy of Diff'rent Strokes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444December 7, 2017 5:04 PM

I hate, hate that Christmas commercial for some car where the husband gives the wife keys for Christmas which turn out to be car keys and she then goes outside and gets inside of her new vehicle. She notices that their are already miles on the car, and she looks up at the husband in a questioning manner. The husband hems and haws while we see flashbacks? of him driving the car all the way from LA to wherever the fuck they live where there is snow.

I just want to say to her, "Listen bitch, he brought you a fucking car, A CAR!!!!, who are you to question if he already drove it or not?!?"

Fuckin' cunt.

by Anonymousreply 445December 7, 2017 5:06 PM

brought should have been bought (although both kind of work), and their should have been there in my post above.

The wife is still a cunt tho.

by Anonymousreply 446December 7, 2017 5:11 PM

The Fabreze ad that breaks into that annoying vuvuzela/air horn sound midway.

Are you so fucking desperate to attract attention to your shit product that you need to include the blare of an air horn in your fucking TV commercials???

by Anonymousreply 447December 7, 2017 5:59 PM

“Madison, can you please take out the trash?”

by Anonymousreply 448December 7, 2017 6:00 PM

james Corden has 2 commercials on right now, one for a coffee machine, the other for a vacation advisor of some sort...Cannot stand either...What a loud mouth entitled little bitch. I really do not get the appeal of this guy...

by Anonymousreply 449December 7, 2017 6:14 PM

In one of the ads, James Cotten yells over and over:

“Move ya fingah!”

So annoying.

by Anonymousreply 450December 7, 2017 6:17 PM

Alec is probably 17 years old, r443; he sounds really mature compared to the other kids. But then again, kids who are sick their entire lives tend to grow up faster.

by Anonymousreply 451December 7, 2017 6:46 PM

[quote]What part of the title of this thread did you not understand,

I don't understand OP's use of the present continuous; present simple is used with stative verbs.

by Anonymousreply 452December 7, 2017 7:50 PM

He is repulsive, R449. He must have great connections.

by Anonymousreply 453December 7, 2017 7:51 PM

Is it bad of me to hope Corden is the next to get busted as a sex perv and sent packing back to jolly old England?

by Anonymousreply 454December 7, 2017 8:10 PM

The commercials where that miserable old menopausal bitch is criticizing her daughter's choice of kitchen/bathroom cleaner ("I get salmonella just thinking about it!") and telling her to use Clorox brand cleaner

That prescription drug commercial where some bitch is singing Fleetwood Mac's "Go Your Own Way" in a horribly multi-tracked autotuned voice.

The commercial where two old broads are waiting in the checkout line at the pharmacy behind a teenage girl who has her hair dyed purple and one of the old bags gets inspired with a stupid look on her face, runs off and comes back with several boxes of hair dye. It then cuts to them dancing really cheesy with purple streaks in their hair at their 50th high school reunion where their school color is also purple.

And yeah, the Panera Bread Girl must die.

by Anonymousreply 455December 7, 2017 8:32 PM

I have never liked McDonald's shift to their "I'm Lovin' It" campaigns.

It's like they don't even try to appeal any other groups except youthful urban denizens, mainly minorities and multi-racials.

by Anonymousreply 456December 7, 2017 8:53 PM

This one might only be in the NYC metro area.

My God.

Is this considered music? These are sounds used to torture.

I dream of seeing this actor’s lifeless head on a stick.

It is in CONSTANT ROTATION 20 times per hour on MSNBC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457December 7, 2017 9:08 PM

r443 that alex kid looks and sounds like that kid on The Middles

by Anonymousreply 458December 7, 2017 9:39 PM

^Alec. The Middle.

by Anonymousreply 459December 7, 2017 11:02 PM

Febreze Commercials:

Droolius Ceaser. The lady bugs me. And the fact that anyone would name their dog Droolius Ceaser is hideous.

I love you downstairs guest bathroom. The #1 place to go #2.

HATE THESE COMMERCIALS!

by Anonymousreply 460December 8, 2017 2:09 AM

And about Febreze, it hit me after listening to a bunch of them that the music goes from innocuous white bread MOR before the air horn/vuvuzela to sort of threatening hip hop/salsa over the horrible stinky items. Subliminal messaging that's perfect for xenophobic Trump'merica.

by Anonymousreply 461December 8, 2017 2:34 AM

[quote]The commercials where that miserable old menopausal bitch is criticizing her daughter's choice of kitchen/bathroom cleaner ("I get salmonella just thinking about it!") and telling her to use Clorox brand cleaner

Fuck You, the "miserable old menopausal bitch" is played by Nora Dunn, who played DL Icon, Pat Stevens on SNL.

She's tremendous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462December 8, 2017 4:10 AM

Word! r462, and also Liz Sweeney.

by Anonymousreply 463December 8, 2017 4:39 AM

They've recently ramped up the replays of the "What's a computer" commercial from way too often, to annoyingly over-exposed.

And now I want to kick that piggy-faced little smug bitch in the face with steel-toed boots even MORE. GOD I fucking hate that commercial so goddamned much. I want to go out and just break iPads over their users' heads because of this damn commercial.

by Anonymousreply 464December 8, 2017 4:59 AM

The Febreeze "You Stink" commercials feel like they have been running since 2003. The added torture: they aren't funny and as creative as Febreeze's so-called marketing geniuses seem to think they are.

by Anonymousreply 465December 8, 2017 5:00 AM

[quote]Word! R462, and also Liz Sweeney.

Who can forget Babette!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466December 8, 2017 5:03 AM

Here you go r464

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467December 8, 2017 5:06 AM

How ridiculous is the shot of her using an ipad while sitting precariously way up in the braches of a tree? NOBODY EVER DOES THAT!

by Anonymousreply 468December 8, 2017 5:12 AM

That annoying pug nosed teen, with the ironic eyeglasses, is so typical of a spoiled affluent hipster child from a specific part of Brooklyn, which is exactly the demo that TV ad is going for....affluent hipsters and they're spoiled kids, so yeah, the commercial works.

by Anonymousreply 469December 8, 2017 6:04 AM

Any UNTUCKit ad makes me want to pull out my tendons using pliers.

by Anonymousreply 470December 8, 2017 6:42 AM

I’m really over the good goes around Cheerios song.

by Anonymousreply 471December 8, 2017 6:56 AM

That weird one with the father crying in the car about his daughter getting married...I think it’s selling cars???

by Anonymousreply 472December 8, 2017 10:51 AM

Smug little "What's a computer? " kid might have a boyfriend in the smug, eye glass wearing, head cocking kid who informs us thusly about his product: "And, it's steroid free!"

by Anonymousreply 473December 9, 2017 3:40 AM

Not sure I've seen that one, R473.

by Anonymousreply 474December 9, 2017 4:26 AM

Yeah, I noticed that hipster tween boy too R473. He's in the ad for an eczema cream called Eucrisa. He'd be perfect for Ipad girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475December 9, 2017 3:37 PM

I thought he beeped me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476December 9, 2017 4:34 PM

I swear to god, if I hear that smug little pig-nosed cunt say "What's a computer?" one more fucking time, I'm going to go down to my local Apple store and go absolutely POSTAL.... Jesus Christ.

I've never had such a visceral reaction to a commercial before. Blinding white hot hatred. I want to viciously stab every iPad I see until that fucking commercial goes away.

by Anonymousreply 477December 10, 2017 5:28 AM

R477, if commercials bother you to that extent, well, perhaps you need to step away from TV for awhile, it's a fucking commercial for Chrissakes! Sure it's a damn annoying commercial, but there IS a mute button!

Seems the ad agencies don't give a crap how the viewers react to their commercial, as long as people remember their ads and there is some sort of reaction, positive or negative, they do not care. At least the viewers are talking about their commercials.

For this particular ad, I think they picked an unattractive child actress to further annoy viewers, she's not easy on the eyes. This actress is equally annoying and repulsive on "Better Things".

by Anonymousreply 478December 11, 2017 6:46 PM

I don't *hate* this commercial, per se; I actually find them kind of funny: ads for seminars on how people can manage their type-2 diabetes (see your local retro tv/knee brace channel), asking people to "sign up for the seminar and get a free dinner!" Yeah, lure the fat old diabetics out of the house with food!

by Anonymousreply 479December 11, 2017 8:23 PM

Diabetes is funny because only gross fat people get it for their gross behavior and they deserve to suffer. Just like AIDS is funny because only gross f&gs get it for their gross behavior and they deserve to suffer.

Ha ha diseases are funny!

by Anonymousreply 480December 11, 2017 9:57 PM

r480 is fun at parties.

by Anonymousreply 481December 11, 2017 10:02 PM

While some people get it, how hard is it to provide a link to the damn commercial if it bothers you that much?

by Anonymousreply 482December 11, 2017 10:07 PM

Whom are you asking, r482?

by Anonymousreply 483December 11, 2017 10:12 PM

Let's start with the OP

by Anonymousreply 484December 11, 2017 10:21 PM

The little steroid free boy is cute but he has the weirdest voice. Almost like he's been looped by someone older.

At least we seem to have been spared the Christmas car ad where the cool kids drive around lip-syncing to an awful jingle. "We're gonna get jolly!" I used to stare at it like it was a train wreck from which I could not look away. The guy driving is really hot but so dorky in his happy singing that I am embarrassed for him.

by Anonymousreply 485December 11, 2017 11:32 PM

What's with the weird Toyota commercial where a couple cut down a tree her parents love and then turn it into a table?

by Anonymousreply 486December 11, 2017 11:39 PM

The constant commercials for "Wonder Wheel".

by Anonymousreply 487December 11, 2017 11:39 PM

OMG the PCMatic holiday commercial. I thought it was a parody, but apparently they are serious.

by Anonymousreply 488December 12, 2017 12:52 AM

"GET YOUR TITLE BACK WITH TITLE MAX!!"

The spokes-guy has a fucking HUGE mouth. It's ... freaky.

by Anonymousreply 489December 12, 2017 12:54 AM

r405 +1

The wife is quite the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 490December 12, 2017 12:58 AM

[quote]The little steroid free boy is cute but he has the weirdest voice. Almost like he's been looped by someone older.

June Foray!

by Anonymousreply 491December 12, 2017 2:52 AM

MEGI MEGI MEGI MEGI

It may not seem so bad, but after you’ve heard this commercial a few times it reeeeeaaaally grates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492December 12, 2017 3:11 AM

If anyone watches the "ER" marathons on the POP channel - for months at least 6 times an hour they run the commercial of the old woman overacting and holding her head on the shower while the music warns of disaster - then she dramatically grabs the shower curtain and we watch each ring pop off of the rod as she moans -"Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!!" They run this commercial over and over plus promos for Hot Date and Catherine O'Hara in Schitt's Creek.

by Anonymousreply 493December 12, 2017 3:34 AM

The luxury car commercials were spouses surprise theirs with a fifty thousand dollar car in the driveway on Christmas morning with a big bow. I don't know anyone that would spend that much without telling the other.

by Anonymousreply 494December 12, 2017 4:42 AM

The miracle spring water commercials are good for a laugh: illiterate middle-aged black women claiming a vial of blessed spring water brought exorbitant amounts of money to their mailboxes and all they really had to do was have faith.

by Anonymousreply 495December 12, 2017 5:07 AM

This runs in NY - Governor Cuomo sits with a bunch of preteen kids at a kid-sized table while the kids ask him questions. The ad is to highlight organ donation and we find that some of the kids are the recipients. The problem is that Cuomo is so stiff and has so little warmth towards these kids that it's cringe-worthy. Every time I see this ad, it's painful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496December 12, 2017 4:25 PM

The Audible commercial with the woman stuck in traffic with her boss and pretending to laugh at his jokes. The laughs are silent at first, then she suddenly lets out a blood-curdling fake scream (basic attention-grabbing advertising tactic) with a crazy look on her face. To me, this is right up there with the commercial about the frau at the business lunch who thought her co-worker's phone wallpaper was a real spider.

This video is from the Audible Youtube account, so all the "funniest commercial ever!" "I laughed so hard, lololol!" comments are probably interns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497December 12, 2017 10:00 PM

dude your scaring the fish. Dude you 're just jealous

by Anonymousreply 498December 13, 2017 4:52 PM

THIS. Though they've made it even worse for the holidays by animating snowflakes. Though nothing distracts from the grizzled cowboy's "singing"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499December 14, 2017 12:34 AM

Sorry if this has been posted, but I'm really sick of that "I KNOW THINGS ABOUT GREAT WHITE SHARKS!" nerdy dykelette on that Windows PC commercial.

by Anonymousreply 500December 16, 2017 1:18 AM

Natalie Portman seems to be competing with Charlize Theron about who can be the worst actress in a fragrance commercial

by Anonymousreply 501December 18, 2017 4:59 AM

"Hi I'm Courtneeeeey!!!!" "COME FIND MEEEEE". Preferably at the morgue....

by Anonymousreply 502December 20, 2017 3:00 PM

The TalkSpace commercial audio has been rerecorded again. I imagine the service is peopled with lots of 20somethings with a advanced psychology degree and a shitton of debt hand holding millennials who are too anxious to make a phone call.

Has anyone ever used it? is it just edited for personal touch templates?

by Anonymousreply 503December 20, 2017 3:03 PM

I stream MSNBC and their commercials are the same bunch repeated ad nauseum.. at least Untuckit ran out of spots during Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 504December 20, 2017 3:04 PM

The latest Land Rover with the kid sending morse code messages to the girl in the lighthouse is seriously WTF. The crackly voice singer over the poignantly slow piano is particularly grating after the first dozen hearings.

by Anonymousreply 505December 20, 2017 4:44 PM

I watch Will & Grace reruns on COZI TV between 11 PM and Midnight. For some reason, one of their major sponsors appears to be Lavalife. It's a number you call to "speak to people who you just connect with." I'm thinking its a phone sex thing although they don't have 900#s.

by Anonymousreply 506December 21, 2017 7:59 PM

Lavalife is still in business?! WTF? I remember that annoying commercial from 10+ years ago!

500+ posts yet no one is bringing up that when watching a TV series On Demand, we still have sit through fucking annoying commercials! It's especially unnerving when you can't fast forward through the ads because there is always a disclaimer before the episode...stating that specific show doesn't allow the fast forward function!

by Anonymousreply 507December 21, 2017 10:24 PM

If you think that sucks R507, half of the free movie sites offered on Roku now cram in multiple commercials during viewings. Example: I have the Tubi channel on Roku and had to sit through 3-4 commercials every 15 minutes last night and you can't fast forward them either.

by Anonymousreply 508December 22, 2017 1:23 AM

Ugly, frog-voiced Courtney says “I don’t play games” followed by “come find me” which sounds like she plays hide-and-seek games. Stupid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 509December 22, 2017 1:32 AM

Your Finga...Move your Finga...

by Anonymousreply 510December 22, 2017 1:59 AM

Honda used to do real life "helpful" things.

Now they are all animated and imaginary

by Anonymousreply 511December 23, 2017 2:01 AM

Bump for shitty commercials.

by Anonymousreply 512December 27, 2017 2:23 PM

Those "Holiday Road" Honda spots have sunk from annoying to enraging to "will-never-buy-a-goddamn-Honda" level.

Good job, Honda marketers!

NB: a huge media budget can't improve a shitty advertising campaign. Learn this well or perish.

by Anonymousreply 513December 27, 2017 3:05 PM

I must admit, I've been discovering a lot of new music via some pretty shitty commercials, just offhand, over the past few years: Elliphant, Waldeck, The 1975 and Anderson Paak.

by Anonymousreply 514December 27, 2017 3:48 PM

Fuck, they've just resurrected that fucking "START THE CAR" IKEA commercial with that hideous screeching woman. I fucking hate IKEA for inflicting that scrawny cunt on us for the third fucking year in a row. Fuck IKEA and fuck that screaming cunt.

by Anonymousreply 515December 27, 2017 5:47 PM

Those “Holiday Road” car commercials.... I actually like the original song but:

I want to squeeze the life out of the male singer and the female singer. I can vividly picture them in my head. Both are reasonably attractive Caucasians, slim, wearing J Crew, clutching Venti paper coffee cups....

by Anonymousreply 516December 27, 2017 6:06 PM

What's up with all the irritating baby talk sputtered and uttered by the fraus on commercials? It's revolting and my ears bleed. That and the horrendous squeaky lisping. Kick them all in the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 517December 28, 2017 9:23 PM

bump................

by Anonymousreply 518January 1, 2018 11:12 PM

The Audible commercial with the woman stuck in traffic

by Anonymousreply 519January 1, 2018 11:21 PM

The Wiiners commercial that sounds like electronic vomiting

by Anonymousreply 520January 1, 2018 11:34 PM

Any ad that uses non-musical instruments to make rhythmic sounds. Things like human voice noises and car horns.

Here’s an example. Hate it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521January 2, 2018 12:04 AM

This Scrubbing Bubbles commercial about a family hoping to make a video that goes viral. There is no death painful enough for those parents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522January 2, 2018 2:56 PM

The Verizon Fios ad with several kids playing video games in their own homes while using headsets to communicate. There is something in the way the one boy taunts his friend by calling him "Garbage Boy" that makes me want to find that kid. He sounds spoiled, putting his friend down for having a household chore, that just bugs me. However, his friend gets no points for his wimpy reply about already taking the trash (i.e. his friend) out.

There's a new anti-smoking ad running here, which has people mouthing the song "I Will Survive". What bugs me is that all of those people look like British, and this ad is running in the US. Not sure why this bothers me...

by Anonymousreply 523January 3, 2018 8:31 PM

The ugly boy from the Verizon ads is s star of the show Stranger Things. He’s their paid celeb spokesperson! Get used to his ugly face as he will surely be in more Verizon ads.

by Anonymousreply 524January 3, 2018 8:36 PM

[quote]There's a new anti-smoking ad running here, which has people mouthing the song "I Will Survive". What bugs me is that all of those people look like British, and this ad is running in the US. Not sure why this bothers me...

I was going to mention this ad. I actually think it's clever. Heart disease, lung cancer and other smoking related cancers are worldwide health issues. This ad likely cost much less for the US health agency to use than pay some local NYC ad agency to produce a new one.

This ad is much better than the disgusting US produced ads showing a man hacking away with a bad phlegmy cough, the woman in bed who is so ill she needs someone to turn her on her side and the other vile ads showing people with half their faces missing. The worst ad was the one with the once pretty blond woman who ended up with half her chin missing, no teeth, a hole in her neck and bald from her cancer treatments, she endured all that, then, she died.

by Anonymousreply 525January 4, 2018 9:54 PM

Seeing the commercials with grandpa Liam Neeson in ANOTHER movie where he plays the hero who has to save a bunch of people. There are so many younger actors who could take this role. Let Travis Fimmel have a stab at this genre.

by Anonymousreply 526January 5, 2018 1:50 AM

"I would say to cancer, I would beat you up!"

Fucking St Jude's Children's Caner commercial. So fucking annoying.

"Cancer is a big BULLY!"

"I would say to cancer; BACK OFF!"

Ugh. Just stop.

by Anonymousreply 527January 5, 2018 1:56 AM

R367 do you mean the one with the hipster asian and his equally annoying gf

by Anonymousreply 528January 5, 2018 11:30 AM

Anyone that can make it through this 30 second spot for a local casino deserves an award. This has got to be the worst of the worst.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529January 5, 2018 10:24 PM

Jingle most foul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530January 5, 2018 11:11 PM

If the young woman with the wistfully plaintive voice who does the Panera commercials were to marry the bearded guy with the teen-aged boy's voice who runs the focus groups of "real people" in the Chevrolet commercials, what would their children sound like? Besides obnoxious....

by Anonymousreply 531February 13, 2018 12:42 AM

Mom is so happy that her car insurance company's car service helped her 6 foot tall 17 year old asshole of a kid change a fucking flat tire. He was stunned when the remote didn't have a "change flat tire" button and he had to call mommy.

by Anonymousreply 532February 17, 2018 7:28 PM

Whatever message Common is trying to pass in the ad with him on a stage, I'm tune him out.

by Anonymousreply 533March 7, 2018 8:00 PM

there is a horrible song. an old man singing...i think it was a geico ad. i hate all geico ads. utter shit.

by Anonymousreply 534March 7, 2018 8:01 PM

Awful hipsters singing “You can’t judge a book by its cover”

by Anonymousreply 535March 7, 2018 8:03 PM

Drag me to hell for this, but I LOATHE the spokeskid on the Shriners Hospital commercials. Apparently his name is "Smart Alec."

He looks like Ted Cruz's Mini-Me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536March 7, 2018 8:07 PM

He does, R536! I don't hate the poor kid, I just can't bear to watch him -- I wish he'd get well so he could leave the hospital & stop making ads for them.

R534, surely you don't hate the Geico ad with the kraken on the golf course? That's one of the highlights of my life!

by Anonymousreply 537March 7, 2018 11:56 PM

[quote]Drag me to hell for this, but I LOATHE the spokeskid on the Shriners Hospital commercials. Apparently his name is "Smart Alec." He looks like Ted Cruz's Mini-Me.

You bet I'll drag you, douchebag! The poor kid has a serious illness, give it rest, you fucking cruel idiot. He's personable and reads his lines like a pro. Jealous much!?

Hope he gets well enough to get an acting gig beyond these Shriners Hospital TV commercials, then, your head will explode! 🤯

by Anonymousreply 538March 7, 2018 11:59 PM

These Green Room Ameritrade commercials are horrid. The bearded Sigmund Freud character with the pronounced lisp is absurd.

by Anonymousreply 539March 8, 2018 12:25 AM

Those Talk show Type Commercials That Last Around 3 Mins About either that cream for those fuckin baggie eyes or about the company for window installation. I'm about to just call them every time it comes on to say to shorten that commercial and hang up. 3 Mins is too long

by Anonymousreply 540March 8, 2018 12:43 PM

Saw an ad for a HR software company called 'bamboohr". The ad itself is fine but the actress in it wears the cheapest looking wig I've seen in a long time. They obviously didn't have a hair stylist on this shoot cause you they would have seen that the hairline on this chick looks really tacky - did they stick that thing on with gum?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541March 10, 2018 4:34 PM

(Aggressively played acoustic guitar)

OHHH, WA AH AHHA!

OH, WA!!

AH! AH! AH!

WAAAAAAH! AH! AH!

WAAAAAAAAAAA!

WAAAAAAAAAAA!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

(Plus ear-bleeding audio compression.)

Hey, I understand that they're paying for some coked-up adman's earworm nightmare, but see if I ever buy your product.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542March 10, 2018 4:55 PM

What is the mattress commercial ( I think it's for a mattress) with like CGI BEARDED ADULT BABIES in diapers? Oh my poor brain.

by Anonymousreply 543March 10, 2018 6:27 PM

I fucking HATE that creepy commercial (r543)...was actually going to start a thread about it.

by Anonymousreply 544March 10, 2018 6:40 PM

so horrible, right R544? takes the yuck cake.

by Anonymousreply 545March 10, 2018 7:01 PM

There's an ad for a product called Magicbax - it's for women whose earring holes are big and if they wear post earrings, they hang down. The voice-over makes me cringe cause it plays on the vanity of the viewer - they use lines like "you'll feel more beautiful wearing your earrings", "when your earrings are sitting at the normal position, it'll bring out your true beauty". All that psychology over a set of earring backs, goddamnit!

by Anonymousreply 546March 16, 2018 4:49 PM

R4 & R10 Hey "grease fire", are you that one guy's sister?? He said he believed he recognized the voice of his sister on here using that term.

by Anonymousreply 547March 16, 2018 5:04 PM

This E-Trade commercial with the Special Needs Mark Zuckerberg is dancing on his yacht.

Comes a close second to "What's a computer?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548March 16, 2018 6:52 PM

This E-Trade commercial with the Special Needs Mark Zuckerberg is dancing on his yacht.

Comes a close second to "What's a computer?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549March 16, 2018 6:52 PM

a car ad with annoying old man singing about tell me where you want to go...

by Anonymousreply 550March 16, 2018 6:53 PM

i want to severely hurt those 3 stupid idiots with their dumb haircuts and stupid hats and clothes singing that fucking JP wentworth commercial.....to loan you money....

did they think some phony pain in the ass boy band idiots singing on this would draw customers.

major loathing.,

by Anonymousreply 551March 16, 2018 10:45 PM

The Huggies Pull-Ups commercial. “We’re gonna do this together! We’re gonna stick to the plan, do everything we can, to make it easy and fun. It’s time to potty, everyone! They’re designed like underwear. Special friends make ’em fun to wear! So, boys and girls, sing out loud: I’m a big kid now!” I keep waiting for someone - ANYONE - to remake it as a Depends/adult diaper ad.

by Anonymousreply 552March 17, 2018 6:04 AM

I always thought pull ups were a bad idea, what if your kid is a creep? My brother used to sing, "and I can pull them off and shit on the couch!" yep. pretty much.

by Anonymousreply 553March 17, 2018 6:13 AM

Just as I was getting used to being ambushed by those awful, pretentious and annoying commercials from Matthew McConaughey and his car, along comes the awful, pretentious and annoying commercial from Johnny Depp and his eye makeup. Oy and vey.

by Anonymousreply 554March 18, 2018 1:35 AM

The stupid motel/hotel add that has the creep talking to the breakfast buffet: "What's UP, Lady Bacon?!?"

by Anonymousreply 555March 18, 2018 4:43 AM

All those silly commercials with the talking cardboard box, I forgot what the ads are for. Taxes? The box buys a chinchilla?! I did recognize SNL alumni Chris Parnell as the voice of the box.

by Anonymousreply 556March 18, 2018 7:22 AM

R556 Progressive, the same company which gave us Flo, which then led to an entire cast of insurance people

by Anonymousreply 557March 19, 2018 6:11 AM

Awwww, I kind of like the box, he has his own nut guy named Bruno,,,,"holla at 'em, Bru!"

OT: have to give a little shout out to the Candy Crush commercials for giving Sylvester's "Mighty Real" some new life. I like hearing it on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 558March 19, 2018 11:44 AM

The Subaru commercials. Too fucking sentimental!

by Anonymousreply 559March 20, 2018 5:35 PM

Not sure if this one is still playing, but the Sears ad where the husband and wife are in the kitchen and the husband says "It's gonna be another scorcher!" And she says "are you gonna call Sears about the ac?" The husband says "I'll call tomorrow." And the wife says "You'll call NOW." And the husband meekly takes the phone and says "I'll call now." OMG! GROW A SPINE, GUY! Does your wife not know how to operate the telephone? Is her hand broken? She clearly does not have laryngitis since she just yelled at you! I fucking HATE commercials where the wife is a big bully and the husband is an idiot who takes it.

by Anonymousreply 560March 20, 2018 7:11 PM

The music on most of these commercials is better than the actual commercial. I discovered Alice Merton though a Mini Cooper ad.

by Anonymousreply 561March 21, 2018 12:44 AM

R560, blame the idiots at the ad agencies for perpetuating the stereotype of the loud harpy pushy wife.

Very few of my female relatives, and friends, are as ridiculous as the stereotypes perpetuated on TV and especially here on DL. Some of you guys simply need to say you hate women.

by Anonymousreply 562March 21, 2018 12:47 AM

[quote]Some of you guys simply need to say you hate women.

It's said here all the time in four-letter words, R582. Frau, Fish, Cunt, etc.

by Anonymousreply 563March 21, 2018 3:00 AM

For men who hate women, you sure are incredibly obsessed with them. Think about it. I reckon most of the gay men here who despise women are either young and confused about their own sexuality or bitter eldergays.

by Anonymousreply 564March 21, 2018 3:58 AM

R561 So true! That's how I discovered the wonderful Nick Drake. It was a Volkswagen commercial playing Pink Moon.

by Anonymousreply 565March 21, 2018 4:28 PM

R561, Nick Drake was wonderful. My older siblings were into his music. My brother was shocked to hear Nick's music on a TV ad, especially considering Nick had been dead almost 26 years when the ad appeared in 1999. Many music fans thought they discovered a 'new' singer, boy were they shocked!

Pink Moon, a song about death, used in a TV ad, it just proved so many who work in advertising are utterly clueless!

I saw it written and I saw it say A pink moon is on its way And none of you stand so tall Pink moon gonna get ye all

by Anonymousreply 566March 22, 2018 2:07 AM

Oops, meant that for R565.

by Anonymousreply 567March 22, 2018 2:08 AM

The Sears A/C ad is over 20 years old

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568March 22, 2018 2:31 AM

Once advertisers learned that women make more than 90% of the shopping decisions per household, it was “Bye screechy wife, hello dopey husband.”

If a modern era ad features a dummy, it is always the man who needs saving from the wife.

by Anonymousreply 569March 22, 2018 2:57 AM

R564 just stop. Nobody wants to hear your self-righteous propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 570March 22, 2018 5:32 AM

For R570, 🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗

😴😴😴😴😴😴

by Anonymousreply 571March 22, 2018 8:04 AM

I am really sick of seeing that commercial for some medicine for Hep-C. All these blissfully smiling people heading out to the desert to release flame driven lanterns into the night sky as a symbol of being Hep-C free.

by Anonymousreply 572April 1, 2018 8:15 PM

The one with various wailers "singing" about not judging a book by its cover. It's for MasterCard.

by Anonymousreply 573April 1, 2018 9:09 PM

Any Subaru commercial. Especially the one with the blind guy.

by Anonymousreply 574April 1, 2018 9:09 PM

I love the Subaru commercials. Especially the ones with dogs. I wish they'd do a cat commercial, but I guess cats don't drive.

by Anonymousreply 575April 1, 2018 9:11 PM

R575, please see Toonces.

I got rid of my Subaru because of those commercials

by Anonymousreply 576April 1, 2018 9:16 PM

[quote][R575], please see Toonces.

You're right. I should have said "cats *can't* drive."

by Anonymousreply 577April 1, 2018 9:20 PM

That Colgate ad with the gay as a basket of kittens guy with giant horse teeth goes to meet his girlfriend's family

by Anonymousreply 578April 1, 2018 9:21 PM

OMG R578 he looks like he is going to be raped by the father. And those teeth!

by Anonymousreply 579April 1, 2018 9:25 PM

The Subaru ad with the father reflecting on his daughter growing up. Sentimental hogwash. The song is awful too.

by Anonymousreply 580April 1, 2018 10:47 PM

That vile Skittles pox commercial where that beastly girl who looks like Matt Weiner's ugly son picks a Skittle off some kid's face and eats it

by Anonymousreply 581April 2, 2018 3:18 AM

I thought they couldn't top the smug "what's a computer?" kid until I saw the wretched little Xfinity girl "moonwalking" and sarcastically interacting with her dopey parents. Plus, I can barely understand a word that she is saying.

by Anonymousreply 582May 1, 2018 4:28 PM

Those Subaru ads are hell. Hell. All of them. What is hell? It’s a fucking Subaru commercial.

Lindsey Buckingham can afford to be fired from Fleetwood Mac since every other commercial uses one of his $ongs.

“My illness wants me to go one way. But this drug lets me go my own way!”

YOU CAN GO YOUR OWN WAAAAAAAAY!

by Anonymousreply 583May 1, 2018 4:53 PM

A current car ad with a female voiceover. Her voice so 'fake sexy', very affected and she's talking so slooooow, which is one of my pet peeves, people who talk slow.

It sounds like that redhead actress Kate Walsh, but she's putting on a super annoying voce. Wish I could remember the car brand, but I can't.

I literally feel nauseous when this ad comes on, it's that annoying!

by Anonymousreply 584May 1, 2018 7:09 PM

By the way, is it Fred Savage doing the voice work in all of those Honda ads? It sounds like a very good imposter to me.

by Anonymousreply 585May 1, 2018 7:29 PM

YesYesYES, R584. HateHateHATE that ad. I was thinking it sounded like Lara Flynn Boyle, and thought "I hope it IS LFB, because voiceovers would be the only acting work she can get these days."

by Anonymousreply 586May 1, 2018 8:13 PM

What horrible thing have I ever done in this life to deserve getting bombarded with so many commercials featuring the extremely handsome and engaging Shaquille O'Neal? He's so funny too with that large and charismatic smile beaming out at us. (That smile is his trademark, how can you resist it?)

Enough! Basta!

I guess I should be happy that it isn't Kobe.

by Anonymousreply 587May 14, 2018 11:08 AM

I'd like to Ring the Bell of the idiots responsible for the Walmart jingle.

by Anonymousreply 588May 15, 2018 7:23 PM

the progressive commercial where a chorus of millennials sing "heave is a place on earth".

by Anonymousreply 589May 17, 2018 12:45 PM

I don't know whose voice it is in the current Facebook TV ad apologizing for unspecified past misdeeds, but that guy should meet the girl whose voice is used in the Panera ads about "clean food". They have unctuous, wistful, plaintive voices in common -- they must look like the children with saucer-sized dark eyes in Margaret Keane's paintings.

by Anonymousreply 590May 31, 2018 2:00 AM

I HAVE.... BIPOLAR DEPRESSION

by Anonymousreply 591May 31, 2018 2:07 AM

ALL CAMPAIGN ADS

by Anonymousreply 592May 31, 2018 1:09 PM

I second the JG Wentworth boy band, as well as the Karz for Kidz. Horrendous. And I also got rid of my Subaru because of their lame commercials (plus it was time to get a new car anyway).

by Anonymousreply 593May 31, 2018 1:39 PM

It only plays in the Los Angeles/SoCal area. It's the one with the black woman who's a personal trainer and she gets her teeth fixed with dental implants.

The BEFORE picture is like what.the.fuck. it looks like a cheap novelty you put in your mouth as part of a Halloween costume you'd get at the Dollar Store.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594June 1, 2018 6:36 PM

Awwww, look, it is a sensitive, syrupy Daddy teaching his daughter how to shave her legs and from the looks of her, the daughter is about 20 years old. Oh, and look at how Daddy nicks his leg on a slow, smooth stroke.....clumsy, sensitive and syrupy Daddy!

Gag me with a Lady Shick!

by Anonymousreply 595June 4, 2018 1:39 PM

Ugh! that microwavable pasta commercial where the douche guy chops up some tomatoes, dumps them in, and then shows it off to his mom, who then exults over it like it's some gourmet creation.

by Anonymousreply 596June 4, 2018 1:47 PM

The cereal commercial where the little twat says her to dad, "Dude, you're scaring all the fish."

I want the dad to say, "Listen, you little bitch, I'm your father. Show some respect or I'll toss you into the river to become fish food!"

by Anonymousreply 597June 4, 2018 1:54 PM

Badabook Badaboom.

by Anonymousreply 598June 4, 2018 1:57 PM

anything put out by Geico

by Anonymousreply 599June 4, 2018 2:03 PM

And let me tell you, that was the best $150.00 I ever spent..

by Anonymousreply 600June 4, 2018 5:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!