Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mini Cooper Country Man, or Club Man

Has anyone here ever had either of these two cars? I love them, but according to Reddit forums, they're not very reliable. True? False? Neither? Both?

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2018 3:04 AM

Is either model the one that looks like a Mini-hearse ?

by Anonymousreply 1July 24, 2017 7:13 PM

Neither if you read Consumer Reports. Worse than average reliability.

by Anonymousreply 2July 24, 2017 7:14 PM

A friend of mine recently got rid of his Mini Cooper. He loved the car but hated the expensive upkeep. He said it cost his a grand every time the Check Engine light came on.

by Anonymousreply 3July 24, 2017 7:20 PM

They're pieces of shit. If you're looking for a city car go with the Fiat 500.

by Anonymousreply 4July 24, 2017 8:10 PM

Looking for a compact SUV, maybe a Mazda CX-3 or a Subaru Impreza, or a VW Golf GTI.

But I love the look of the Mini Coopers -- even if people do say they are junk.

Confused. Anyone have a Mazda or a Subaru?

by Anonymousreply 5July 24, 2017 10:50 PM

Ask Henry Cavill. Or any of his beards.

by Anonymousreply 6July 24, 2017 10:52 PM

I have a Mini Clubman. It's excellent and has been very reliable.

It has all the fancy extras which is essential. I had a more basic one before and it was lacking.

But it looks cute and fun - but it's really quite a dreary car to drive. VERY heavy for a small car. But very solid, if that's what you're looking for.

& they new model is YUUUUGE (see pic.) - I don't see the point of it at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 24, 2017 10:56 PM

They require premium fuel. Waste of money, especially for such a small car.

by Anonymousreply 8July 24, 2017 11:42 PM

They all use run-flat tires like BMW and from what I have read they all have very rough rides. They also have a lot of squeaks and rattles from the harsh ride... quelle surprise!

by Anonymousreply 9July 25, 2017 2:26 AM

The point of a MINI Cooper is completely lost with these bigger versions.

BTW, any time I see a Clubman I think funeral hearse.

by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2017 2:30 AM

With today's technology they really don't get much better gas mileage than a modern equipped SUV. For highway mileage a Hyndai Tucson gets about 32 and a mini cooper about 35. The fiat 500 gets exactly what my Tucson gets. Which would you rather drive around in?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2017 2:50 AM

I still think the Countryman and the Club Man are the best looking cars on the road.

But apparently they don't drive well?

by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2017 11:58 AM

My MINI is getting a new clutch next week, at 95,000 miles. After the clutch, who knows. It's always something with a MINI.

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2018 2:52 AM

Expensive parts. Small, heavy car.

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2018 2:57 AM

The manual is fun to drive, easy to park in the city.

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2018 3:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!